2.9/5 (650 ratings)

About Insignia TV

Insignia TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insignia TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insignia TV?

Original review: March 27, 2022

I’ve owned 4 other smart TVs and Insignia's fire TV is the most horrible piece of junk I’ve ever owned! I bought it on sale (11/2021) during Black Friday at Best Buy and thought I was getting a wonderful deal, but I couldn’t have been more wrong! I wouldn’t pay $1 for it now!! I can’t watch my HBO Max app or my Disney+ app on it (I’ve called both companies, the problem is on my end). If I load other tv apps (discovery plus, paramount+) it takes an average of 5-10 minutes to get them to open. I thought it was the original tv, took it back to Best Buy and exchanged it for a new tv 3 different times and THEY ALL BEHAVE THIS WAY!! If you want to watch streaming apps buy another tv!! This isn’t a smart tv… it’s the most ignorant tv you’ll ever own.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

The remote for this TV is not any good. Have to replace every week. Have no idea what the problem is. Have purchase all types of batteries and still have the same problem. Please don't purchase this Tv.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Purchased TV Black Friday 2020, have had one year 2 months and tv do not work no picture. Called them and was told in other words too bad. I guess they only make tv’ to work a year. Very upset and dissatisfied.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

My husband purchased the Insignia TV when our other flat screen HD TV died after many years of use. I would not recommend this brand. It keeps losing the sound or picture goes out and has to be reset. Messages to change from a HDMI cable to a composite cable keep appearing. We changed to the recommended cable and had worse viewing issues. Picture could not be formatted to fit our large screen HD TV, and we received message to use a HD cable. Spend more time with TV being reset than watching a show. I am more than ready to throw this TV out and run it over with my truck. Don't buy it. Only reason I gave 1 star is picture is good when it works. Otherwise I would be giving it negative stars.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

This is a garbage brand and would HIGHLY NOT!!! Recommend buying one EVER!!!, luckily for me it was given to me by a sibling so I didn't have to come out of my own pocket. But with that being said, I can definitely say that Insignia makes a garbage tv, I would and always will recommend NOT EVER!!!! Buying their products especially their tv's because once an issue pops up, its signals the beginning of your continuous frustration and the eventual crapping out of your tv altogether. Insignia tv's SUCK!!!! & as far as I'm concerned aren't worth more than one dollar. (and I'm being kind when giving this tv brand the $1.00 amount)

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

This tv is not for watching over the air tv. The tuner is very weak, I have to keep resetting by unplugging. + The remote has no numbers on it. You have to push several buttons to change channels. Unless you speak into the remote. What if your remote goes down. You could try to found another? Or buy a new tv.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I have to reset this TV multiple times during the week by unplugging and plugging back in because it freezes or it just shuts down. When I rewind a show the picture disappears. I have to rewind it several times in order to get the picture to come back on the screen. I have had other Insignia TVs that were not fire TVs and they were great for my purpose and lasted several years. I would suggest not buying this television. Unfortunately the time to return is up so I can't return it, now I'm stuck with it.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Purchased a 43” tv thru Amazon with Best Buy as “seller” in June. My daughter was moving and didn’t open box for 35 days. Immediate quality problems so she called Insingia 5 times troubleshooting issues. They determined it needed to be replaced but they only replace TVs over 51”, so I had to go back thru Amazon. Amazon said the seller is Best Buy so it had to go through their warranty which is only 30 days! So I’m out $250 and have a tv they told me to just throw away!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Insignia TV's are okay if you have another one as well. It has served its purpose for just watching the average television programs. For watching sports, not so much. It tends to blur somewhat with close-up plays and relays. Will get a big screen Sony shortly before OSU football is on.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I bought an Insignia tv from Best Buy not even a year ago and the POS died already. Nothing but garbage. Don't waste your money! I was told by the Best Buy employee "Ohhh it's a WONDERFUL tv!" I'd like to take it back and throw it at him.

Insignia TV author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sold exclusively in megahouse retailer Best Buy, Insignia TVs are a value-oriented brand of LED LCD models that come in a range of sizes.

• Personalized home screen: Personalize your home screen with your favorite broadcast channels, streaming channels and devices so everything you like best is right at your fingertips.

• Wireless connectivity: Easily connect to your home network and control your TV with your smart phone.

• Wide viewing angle: A wide 178-degree viewing angle allows more seats in the room to be the best seat in the house.

• Superior audio: Multiple built-in speaks provide superior audio.

• Stunning HD images: With 1080p resolution, these TVs deliver HD content with amazing detail and crisp picture contrast.

Insignia TV Company Information