Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.82/5

Insignia TV Reviews

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

The only thing about larger tv's that I do not like is that you have to purchase a sound bar. It might be a smart tv, but not smart sound. I own a 43" Insignia Roku 4k hd tv and absolutely love it except for the sound.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

The picture has clarity; however, there are times when the sound goes out and it takes, sometimes a few minutes, for the sound to come back on. The built in Roku is a great asset and especially having a cable company that will stream through Roku so that you don't have to rent an extra box. So money saved. The cost was well worth the TV. I would recommend.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2019

INSIGNIA Led TV, Mod: NS-32D20SNA14, screen size diag. 80cm /32". 2 HDMI inputs for home theater connection or a laptop, the sound is great. There is a 720p resolution, great with HD images, picture clarity & color fantastic. There are additional connections for PC, DVI, and a USB port. Would we buy another INSIGNIA, we sure would. :)

Original review: March 8, 2019

I bought this TV about 10 years ago. The sound was not as good as I expected, but as I got used to it, it doesn't bother me at all any more. I haven't had any problems out of this tv. I would definitely buy another one.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Excellent TV for the price. This TV also has the text to speech option which I can use a lot easier than other TVs, this is because I am blind. It also has a voice activated remote that can also be used. You can also set it up with the Amazon echo.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insignia TV?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Stay away from the Insignia TVs. Mine caught on fire shortly after the warranty expired. Set off my smoke alarms and stained the wall and ceiling with black soot. My Insignia was made by Hisense. Look at the photos.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I recently bought a Toshiba TV Fire and it came or was able to load very Easily the Xfinity app. I bought the Insignia TV or a blind old man thinking it was gonna work the same as the Toshiba Fire TV. I can watch Xfinity on every device I own except for my new Insignia Smart Fire TV. I spent hours thinking I was downloading the app. I even was able to open it a couple of times in a round about way but it would not work. I am now told by Insignia that the problem is with Xfinity or Amazon But that doesn't make sense to me since I'm able to watch on every other device I own. I'm sorry I ever bought this Insignia Fire TV.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

This TV was relatively cheap at Best Buy and my first experience with a Smart TV. I love the built in Roku. However, the TV is really inferior. It started freezing up and turning itself off or going back to the main screen. The sound was inconsistent. Yesterday I was trying to scan an update of channel selections and the TV went from finding 39 channels, to 27 with the next scan, to 9, then zero. So I lost all the stored channels and it will not scan any antenna channels. The Roku thing still works, the TV still works, but now I can't watch any antenna channels unless they are offered on the Roku channel menu and I go through the internet/wifi. It is such a frustrating piece of inferior technology.

I talked to a sales person at Best Buy about it and the salesperson said 'they aren't made to last, 18 months 2 years max". Are you serious? Then why is this store selling such an inferior product? I don't want to have to throw away a TV in less than 2 years. It is not only a waste of money, it is unnecessary landfill garbage. This mentality that everything is disposal and it is 'normal' to have to replace electronics every 2 years or less is ridiculous. Stop this waste. I won't support this brand going forward.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I purchased both the 45 and 35 inch Insignia TVs from the Amherst, NY Best Buy location in June 2019. I'm hitting that 6-7 month mark where the TVs go to crap. The TVs constantly disconnect from the internet, making it impossible to stream anything (no point in having Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.) I'm lucky if the TV doesn't disconnect after 10 minutes. It isn't my internet provider, as my laptop and cell phones have had zero issues. It's just these cheapo Insignia TVs. For both TVs I'm out $450. To hell with Insignia and Best Buy.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Bought a 50 inch TV in June. 3 months later I have blobs and lines. Did the rescue lens via the Best Buy app and they cover it under warranty. Get a new Insignia. Same TV. 4 months later I come back from working out of town for 2 months, tv hasn't been touched or turned on during this time, and I have blobs and lines again. Called the warranty department and it looks like pressure points. Excuse me. I have not been home in 9 weeks and this is now the 2nd tv that has done this in 7 months. They sent a tech out and it was said to have been caused by a burn or something. Took tv back today and upgraded to a Samsung 8 series. Better reviews. Better warranty. And I will never shop for insignia again.

Not sure about Insignia TV?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right TV Brands for you.

Insignia TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sold exclusively in megahouse retailer Best Buy, Insignia TVs are a value-oriented brand of LED LCD models that come in a range of sizes.

• Personalized home screen: Personalize your home screen with your favorite broadcast channels, streaming channels and devices so everything you like best is right at your fingertips.

• Wireless connectivity: Easily connect to your home network and control your TV with your smart phone.

• Wide viewing angle: A wide 178-degree viewing angle allows more seats in the room to be the best seat in the house.

• Superior audio: Multiple built-in speaks provide superior audio.

• Stunning HD images: With 1080p resolution, these TVs deliver HD content with amazing detail and crisp picture contrast.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers and researchers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team