Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Insignia TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insignia TV?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insignia TV?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I mean sure, as far as tv's go I can imagine there could be a worse tv. Somebody out there has to have a tv worse than this, so it cannot be the worst, but frankly, unless you're planning on buying it on Black Friday, or if you're looking for a cheap and temporary television to send your child to college with, it's good. Besides that, there are better brands out there.

My god, I used to think the problem was my internet until I learned that it was the television. It glitches, it crashes, and honestly I'm just tired of it. At the first opportunity I will be getting a new tv. This is a bottom tier tv. This is the kind of tv you buy when it's on sale and you're looking with budget rather than quality in mind. If you are looking for a television and you can afford to spend more on another tv besides this one, do that.

Even the process for making a review is messed up. Had to make a whole account and everything because the "use google" function didn't want to work. Started to wonder if they make reviews more difficult or try to deter people from reviewing because they know that nobody's coming here to rave about it, but simply want people. Anyways, just don't bother. If you are looking for a sign NOT to buy a television or product from this company, THIS IS IT. Don't say nobody warned you when it's 7pm and you're trying to watch television but the different apps are finding different ways to glitch or crash.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

The Insignia 32 inch 720p HD TV, has a poor picture quality. It has a grainy effect, and the sound is weak. I can't hear the sound of a movie, either DVD, or even a CD over the top of my box fan. Of all things the fan was set to low. This is no opinion, it is the truth of my experience. I have had a 32 inch Westinghouse 720p tv, and was very satisfied with the results. Picture was not grainy at all, and the sound was quite a bit louder. Due to the Covid19, I was unable to find another Tv at this time. If you so get this tv, games would be ok I guess. But for movies forget it.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Thank goodness I didn’t buy this TV myself. I would not recommend Insignia to ANYONE. I would rather have no TV than this broken piece of junk. NEVER connects to the internet, and when it does, it disconnects minutes later. TV often resets itself due to this, so I can hardly even pick a show before it turns off on me! When I do get lucky enough to get Netflix to load, every 5-10 minutes I get the buffering screen (probably also due to the fact that the tv doesn’t want to stay connected to my wifi). When I tried to find their customer service, it doesn’t seem to exist. (Because I didn’t buy it I’m not sure what store it came from), so it’s not even like I can exchange it. Seriously the most worthless piece of technology sitting in my house. DO NOT BUY INSIGNIA!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I purchased a TV from Insignia that did not work. They sent a third party to fix it who took the TV from my home and was supposed to bring it back fixed. He NEVER brought it back and I got an email saying since it can't be fixed to go to Best Buy to get an exchange. Best Buy claims they have no record and are not able to give me an exchange. It's been weeks and I STILL have no TV but they STILL have $400 of my dollars. Horrible experience and I will never spend even $1 with Insignia ever again in my life. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Do not buy any INSIGNIA PRODUCTS the company will not work with you for a refund if the item can not be fixed. They try and pass the buck. The people you talk to can not speak very well. They SUCK. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. THEY ARE NOT MADE IN AMERICA.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I purchased a 55" 4K Amazon Fire Smart TV from best buy for roughly 450$ in December of 2018 so I have had the product a little over 2 years now. The issues first started with the remote and the Alexa command controls as soon as I got it home from the store. The Alexa microphone button would work, register through the tv, but then no response from Alexa. About 6 months later it just randomly started working and then a month later, stopped working again. Figured okay not the biggest deal, everything else works so I just left it alone.

Now I come home from work last night turn on the tv, switch the input over to HDMI, play some Xbox, switch it back to the home screen about an hour later, and all of the sudden I've got about a 3" black solid bar vertically through the middle of the screen. This is where the b.s. really starts! I look up a customer service phone number and I'm immediately directed to Geek Squad. The geek squad representative proceeds to tell me that he believes it's a panel issue in the screen. Sounds like it's blown out.. So now I have to pay 99$ to have somebody come out here and another 99$ for the labor when they do come, plus whatever parts as well. So I'm looking at another 300$ at least right?

I can't quite understand if Insignia uses geek squad as their repair and support service instead of supplying their own to their paying customers, why I should personally have to pay that kind of money to utilize those services after I've already spent money on a product insignia manufactures. That is possibly the poorest service I've ever been provided by any company and that's not even the best part.

After I schedule the appointment with geek squad the gentleman proceeds again to tell me after all of this that if it is a panel there's nothing anyone can even do because insignia doesn't even make replacement screens for this size tv!!!! So you sell a cheap product to consumers to begin with, outsource your repair and support, charge the customer for that, and then don't even make replacement parts to fix the thing?!? How did you make the t.v. this large but don't make screens this size? Such a scam! So I'm looking at 650$ on a TV that is still broken now. I would never ever recommend an insignia product to my worst enemy. If I could give zero stars I would have.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Bought a 32” LED Insignia TV in 2017, the LEDs finally died this morning. The remote did start to go after a year and a half. But I was happy with the TV. The picture stayed good, the audio was good, and it was easy to figure out the settings. Overall, sold 8/10

Original review: June 9, 2020

After watching tv then turn it off, it may show a picture or not. Then it has to be reset. It also prevents the Roku from coming on, this started about a year ago, the tv was bought new about six years from best buy, it's really annoying, there's a message in a blue box about the tv but it flickers off in a couple seconds, not able to read it...Something about HDMI??? Need a new tv.

Original review: April 18, 2020

I cannot watch a show without it shutting off and then coming back on after about 20-30 seconds. Glad I didn't pay for this. Extremely unsatisfied! When I purchase a new set I definitely won't be buying this brand and will NEVER recommend.

Original review: April 14, 2020

2 Insignias in a year. Crapped out. Sad. The first one completely died. 2nd lost pic. Bad sound. I won't buy this brand again. Buy cheap. Get cheap. I'll stick with the better brands I know. Insignia...get it together.

Insignia TV author review by ConsumerAffairs

Sold exclusively in megahouse retailer Best Buy, Insignia TVs are a value-oriented brand of LED LCD models that come in a range of sizes.

• Personalized home screen: Personalize your home screen with your favorite broadcast channels, streaming channels and devices so everything you like best is right at your fingertips.

• Wireless connectivity: Easily connect to your home network and control your TV with your smart phone.

• Wide viewing angle: A wide 178-degree viewing angle allows more seats in the room to be the best seat in the house.

• Superior audio: Multiple built-in speaks provide superior audio.

• Stunning HD images: With 1080p resolution, these TVs deliver HD content with amazing detail and crisp picture contrast.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team