3.9/5 (380 ratings)

About Insignia TV

Insignia TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insignia TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insignia TV?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Had a TV for about five months then it now will not connect to Wi-Fi. Everything else I have has no problem connecting to Wi-Fi except this TV. Three years old. I guess that’s the end of its life. About ready to throw it out to the trash. Will not ever purchased another one.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

My Insignia lasted 3 years and ready for the trash. I took the TV to Best Buy and they said "SORRY, DO YOU WANT IT RECYCLE IT". Well yes! I would not buy another Insignia. Think before you decide. Steve

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Bought 3 TVs, 2 for myself and 1 for my Mother. One tv came with remote control that has loose insides. The remote that came with the TV I bought for my Mother is going through batteries every 2-4 days. It does not matter the brand, the batteries are dead within 4 days. Can deal with the remote that has loose parts, can't deal with my Mom having to replace batteries every 3-4 days. Batteries are not cheap if being replaced every 2-4 days. Called Insignia support was told I had to contact the Best Buy store on eBay where I purchased it from. It is past the 15 day return period, so I am certain the Best Buy store on eBay cannot do anything at this time. The manufacturer should be obligated to honor the warranty. Also, there is NO possible way to contact the Best Buy store on eBay because of an error message "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you.

Unfortunately due to the high volume of messages this seller receives, they are unable to respond to your specific question right now." Contacted Best Buy through online help was told to bring the remote into a Best Buy for exchange, they won't send a replacement. Looked online to see if others were having issues with remote draining the batteries, TONS of complaints on this issue. Best Buy sells a replacement remote for $29.99, that is an insane price (they obviously know there are issues with the remote and feel they can charge a higher price). The major problem is that the TV has absolutely no channel or volume buttons on the TV itself, you have to use the remote.

They are continuously selling TVs with bad remotes even though there is a KNOWN issue with the remotes. Spent hours online in chat and on the phone with no resolution except being told to go out of my way to pick up the remote from my mom's house and bring it to a Best Buy store and then drop the remote back off. I will never buy another Insignia product and will be sure to mention to everyone I know that there are known issues not only with the remote but with the TV itself. My mom says, "It is a very dumb Smart TV". Do yourself a favor and do a little research and find a better brand with better warranty support.

Original review: July 4, 2022

I give 1 star because I can't give 0 but Insignia TV powered by Amazon is the worst product I have come across, It did work fine for a few months, then I was told that I have to reset it. I have done it 100's of times. When I realized the TV was good for nothing the warranty was over. Please, never buy the Insignia TV brand, It will go from the channel you are watching to the channel guide or to another channel and so many other problems, It will take too long to write all that is wrong with it. So in a few words: JUST DON'T BUY IT, IT WILL GIVE YOU MANY PROBLEMS.

Original review: March 27, 2022

I’ve owned 4 other smart TVs and Insignia's fire TV is the most horrible piece of junk I’ve ever owned! I bought it on sale (11/2021) during Black Friday at Best Buy and thought I was getting a wonderful deal, but I couldn’t have been more wrong! I wouldn’t pay $1 for it now!! I can’t watch my HBO Max app or my Disney+ app on it (I’ve called both companies, the problem is on my end). If I load other tv apps (discovery plus, paramount+) it takes an average of 5-10 minutes to get them to open. I thought it was the original tv, took it back to Best Buy and exchanged it for a new tv 3 different times and THEY ALL BEHAVE THIS WAY!! If you want to watch streaming apps buy another tv!! This isn’t a smart tv… it’s the most ignorant tv you’ll ever own.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

The remote for this TV is not any good. Have to replace every week. Have no idea what the problem is. Have purchase all types of batteries and still have the same problem. Please don't purchase this Tv.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Purchased TV Black Friday 2020, have had one year 2 months and tv do not work no picture. Called them and was told in other words too bad. I guess they only make tv’ to work a year. Very upset and dissatisfied.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

My husband purchased the Insignia TV when our other flat screen HD TV died after many years of use. I would not recommend this brand. It keeps losing the sound or picture goes out and has to be reset. Messages to change from a HDMI cable to a composite cable keep appearing. We changed to the recommended cable and had worse viewing issues. Picture could not be formatted to fit our large screen HD TV, and we received message to use a HD cable. Spend more time with TV being reset than watching a show. I am more than ready to throw this TV out and run it over with my truck. Don't buy it. Only reason I gave 1 star is picture is good when it works. Otherwise I would be giving it negative stars.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

This is a garbage brand and would HIGHLY NOT!!! Recommend buying one EVER!!!, luckily for me it was given to me by a sibling so I didn't have to come out of my own pocket. But with that being said, I can definitely say that Insignia makes a garbage tv, I would and always will recommend NOT EVER!!!! Buying their products especially their tv's because once an issue pops up, its signals the beginning of your continuous frustration and the eventual crapping out of your tv altogether. Insignia tv's SUCK!!!! & as far as I'm concerned aren't worth more than one dollar. (and I'm being kind when giving this tv brand the $1.00 amount)

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

This tv is not for watching over the air tv. The tuner is very weak, I have to keep resetting by unplugging. + The remote has no numbers on it. You have to push several buttons to change channels. Unless you speak into the remote. What if your remote goes down. You could try to found another? Or buy a new tv.

Insignia TV author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sold exclusively in megahouse retailer Best Buy, Insignia TVs are a value-oriented brand of LED LCD models that come in a range of sizes.

• Personalized home screen: Personalize your home screen with your favorite broadcast channels, streaming channels and devices so everything you like best is right at your fingertips.

• Wireless connectivity: Easily connect to your home network and control your TV with your smart phone.

• Wide viewing angle: A wide 178-degree viewing angle allows more seats in the room to be the best seat in the house.

• Superior audio: Multiple built-in speaks provide superior audio.

• Stunning HD images: With 1080p resolution, these TVs deliver HD content with amazing detail and crisp picture contrast.

Insignia TV Company Information