1.97/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Insignia TV

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 25, 2017

219 Insignia TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Don't buy an Insignia television. We bought our 50" from Best Buy and the salesman convinced us that it was as good as Samsung. After having it for two years + 5 months (actually the problem started at least 2 months ago), the warranty ran out 5 months ago. The problem being that there are 7 lines going down the front of the screen. They are increasing as time goes on. We called Best Buy but they now tell us that the only thing they can do is send it back to the manufacturer ($35 charge) and then they will quote a cost to repair it. I don't think so!

Wished I had read the other bad reviews before we wasted our money. We will never go back to Best Buy again. This is lousy customer service. No one seems to want to take responsibility. This is a bad product and should be taken off the market. Giving everyone a warning not to buy this brand. It is a lemon. Don't go to Best Buy either since they don't seem to care about their customers at all. We will probably have to watch the TV until there are lines all the way across. Thanks so much Best Buy. Is it possible to have a class action suit against Insignia. I'm all for it.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I purchased a 39" Insignia TV on 1-12-16 from Best Buy. The TV started turning itself on and off all the time. I took the TV back to Best Buy for repair on 9-28-16, within the warranty timeframe. The TV is now doing the same thing again, turning on and off. I called Insignia and they said there was nothing they could do because I did not buy the extended warranty. Insignia is a HUGE rip off, I will never buy another Insignia product!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Purchased the tv 02/19/2016 40" Insignia DLED TV model #NS-40DONA16 at Best Buy. On August 8, 2017 the tv started shutting off. Today 8/13/17 started shutting off after 1 minutes, turned it back on turned right and keeps repeating. I spent $239.99 plus tax for a piece of trash. I will never buy another Insignia. I took it to a repair shop and was told the tv needed a new screen that would cost $200. It's not worth it to repair. Insignia just ripped you off. How many complaints do they have to get before something is done. Feeling Frustrated.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I started having problems with this flat screen TV soon after one year. It would not turn off so I would unplug and plug back in. Then, after my children used the Xbox, it would not change back to HDMI1. The TV is unusable while we stand and push the buttons over and over. It was very intermittent at first but after the third year the buttons would switch purpose. Really. Suddenly the volume would change to the bottom two buttons instead of the second and third button down. If someone accidentally hits the wrong button, it switches quick to AV and again, the TV is unusable. I just jumped in to say that if it starts having an issue, it's not you. Get it repaired before it is out of warranty! I would neither buy nor recommend this brand.

Original review: July 20, 2017

55 inch Insignia TV: Model # ns-55dr710na17, I bought this tv on 09/20/16. The tv started shutting down and starting back up on its own. I only have the factory warranty. I called Best Buy, they ordered a part sent to my house, they came to the house on 07/01/17. They replaced the motherboard, which didn’t help. They ordered a new motherboard and a power supply, installed it on 07/19/17. This tv worked fine for 30 minutes, then the same problem, except the back of the tv is warmer. I called the repairman and he said he would call his field supervisor. He said there is nothing else to change, so I figure defective parts. I’m waiting for a call from the Geek Squad if they are going to replace it, or what.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insignia TV?

Original review: July 12, 2017

I just bought my son this tv (Model Insignia™ - 32 Class) from Best Buy, which seemed like a bargain at the time. Within 2 months I noticed a spider webbed typed screen crack on the tv. I didn't purchase the 2yr warranty because I felt it should last sometime and I can add it later. This tv has been worse than my Vizio buy years ago. It's so light, weight shipping should have been free. This is the worst purchase ever! They need to recall these immediately and recompensate customers. What a fraud!

Original review: July 1, 2017

I wish I could give Insignia a -10 star review. I bought a 49-inch Insignia TV for my mom back in December 2015 and within the last month and a half (starting May 2017) we continue to have problems with it either not turning on or when the red light flashes and is telling me it is turning on it decides to take 30 minutes to come on. I will NEVER BUY another Insignia TV or product EVER AGAIN in life and based on the other reviews it goes to show just how much of a piece of crap this product really is.

I even tried doing an update on my TV only to find out that the TV's been discontinued and they no longer offer an update for that model. Really? The TV isn't even 2 years old. My 2003 HP printer still provides updates and downloads and works (totally different product but you get my point)! The few good reviews I do see makes me wonder how long the person actually had the TV for and if they provide an update between that 1 to 2-year mark or if Insignia paid somebody to write that review. I am now in process of forking out money for a quality brand name TV.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I purchased an Insignia television for $326.61 on Christmas Eve 2015 from best buy. I thought it was a good gift for my husband for the bedroom. I was totally wrong. It is garbage. I didn't realize it sooner because we are always watching television in the family room. Once my daughter moved back in and she started watching it and it kept shutting off for 10 seconds or more and then turns back on. I want a full refund for this trash.

Original review: June 11, 2017

Insignia 50 inch TV: I've had the tv for just under two years. Several months ago it would just freeze on certain channels. I could not change the channel or even turn the tv off. It would turn on and off by itself. I had to unplug it. When I googled it, it basically told me to delete the channels I was having problems with. I was paying for these major network channels and was not going to delete them. I did not buy an extended warranty because I have never had issues so soon on with a product. Terrible tv. I will never buy this product again.

Original review: June 2, 2017

The Insignia TV screen is big but the tv itself doesn't take up a lot of space. This brand of tv is high quality at a very reasonable price and doesn't have any unnecessary components or flashy designs. The most important part of the tv is all the different programs so you can get the absolute best from your tv.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I purchased the Insignia television Model # NS-480420NA16 from Best Buy, Knoxville, Tn in October, 2015. It worked well for 1-1/2 years. Recently when I turned it on, it came on flashed the Insignia logo, then turned off and repeated that pattern over and over, will not do anything else. I don't know if I can get this repaired for a decent price, but I will never buy Insignia again and I will never buy from Best Buy again. I have read several reviews from others relating the same problem. I wish I had read reviews from this site before I purchased this piece of junk.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I have my television set up as my computer monitor and use it daily all day and night, too. It's fantastic and has an extremely clear picture quality.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Compared to what I had in the past, I really enjoy this Insignia TV. Always a clear picture and have had no problems. Although my TV is only a 32", it fits nicely on my dresser in my bedroom. I have had a couple of satellite companies which allows able to hook up to my TV with no problems. Now I have an antenna and it still looks great.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I purchased a "bundle" from Gardner White furniture which included a 55" television. After only 2 years the picture went black. I trying calling Gardner White, they referred me to BEST BUY, who referred me to INSIGNIA, who referred me back to BEST BUY. Best Buy wants me to pay GEEK SQUAD 350.00 dollars to have TV repaired, which is NOT going to happen. Insignia is the home product of BEST BUY. This is a racket! This tv sucks, GARDNER WHITE sucks and so does BEST BUY! BEST BUY does not back their own product, they are promoting garbage.

Original review: May 21, 2017

The Insignia TV brand is one of the most underrated brands based on performance and value. The quality and value is by far worth the price. It is unfortunate that cable providers like Time Warner/Spectrum do not see the brand's value and, therefore do not see it as a viable contribution to their ROI. In other words, it is not a supported brand for their DVR configuration.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I've only had it for a few months, but so far pic and size are good. The sound is okay but only small speaker on one side of back of TV. Wish it had a front speaker.

Original review: April 28, 2017

This was my son's TV. It was the first TV of its kind I have ever used. I noticed, too, I was having problems hearing the TV and made an appointment for a hearing exam. After reading this, I canceled it. There isn't much detail I can give. I was watching the news just fine, went to the kitchen, came back with audio and no picture. Now I can't get it to turn off, even when I do on the remote and TV it still flickers on and off. I just unplug it. LOL. You all have been a great resource. Would this be a situation for a Class Action lawsuit?

Original review: March 28, 2017

I have purchased the Insignia tv from Best Buy and within the 3 months the tv started shuffling on its own. Have to unplug the tv and it will stop for a min then right back to shuffling. I would not recommend this brand for anyone to purchase. Very dissatisfied with this product.

Original review: March 14, 2017

Well for starters I'm surprised people are actually bashing a cheap tv. Old tube tv lasted longer but didn't have the quality. I bought a 19-inch tv in July of 2014 and recently bumped the cable outlet and broke it but it still works. I soldered it and wala - it's fine to this day. I bought a 24 inch 2 months ago and the quality in picture just wasn't there so I returned it for an LG which has a good pic btw if you people want a decent tv, but I'm still impressed with the older model working so long in my 5th wheel when it does get jostled around quite a bit. Insignia is a brand that has made me happy but I in turn only spent $99.00 at Best Buy. Good luck peoples and try LG if you're not satisfied with this brand. I'm sticking with my old 19 for now.

Original review: March 13, 2017

For the money, INSIGNIA is a great tv. Had it two years now and still doing great. Gives a clear picture, easy to program and bought at a good price. People call the new tvs "throw aways", but I expect a tv to last a while. I would buy another insignia.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Insignia stops working after a year. Do not buy the Insignia brand tv. I have owned their 50" LED TV for less than 2 years and it started shutting itself off out of nowhere about 4 months ago. For a while I was able to just turn it back on with remote, then that stopped working even and I would have to unplug / plug back in to get it on, now it is near impossible to turn on, I unplug, plug back in and the red light flashes a bit, the Insignia logo appears, then it goes to black screen and turns off again completely.

I have seen this is a common problem, there is even a few YouTube videos of "how to fix" this very issue, with people taking apart their tv sets. There are website forums with pages discussing the issue and trying to troubleshoot the problem with all sorts of tips and tricks people are using to get their tv back on, none are working for mine anymore. Apparently, Best Buy/Insignia is aware this happens but will not recall like they should. They just keep robbing people of their money selling them a cheaply made tv that will last just up to the one year warranty, and a month or 2 later if you get lucky. Do not buy.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

So one day I was just watching youtube playing games. When I go to my screen a quarter of the screen is glitched and I can't fix it. I try resetting my PC. That doesn't work either. Please help me. I don't know what to do. (And sorry for bad grammar).

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Bought Best Buy's Insignia 37" LED HDTV Model # NS-37D20SNA14 on Black Monday after the Thanksgiving Day Weekend back in 2013. Worked fine for exactly three years from the month I originally bought it - not the best clear picture like the APEX HDTV I had that also had the SAME problem which was COMPLETE FAILURE of the LED picture. The indicator light comes on when remote pressed but no picture - screen all black, nothing, complete failure. I disconnected and waited for a couple of minutes thinking it would reset the TV, then re-plugged and nothing... same problem. Someone mentioned that Best Buy strikes major deals and orders thousands of a one specific TV model, way below cost and present them as special massive markdowns for the Thanksgiving Black Friday specials and Cyber Monday.

It seems different HDTV LED manufacturer's order the same type of defective mechanism part that enables that slight spring-like clicking sound you hear that activates the screen illumination, and when the screen stopped working, that spring like sound was never heard again. Wish Insignia and the other company had the problem with at APEX narrow down the part number causes the problem and contact the part manufacturer. Or maybe they purposely have it installed so it fails after three years, so the consumer buys another LED LCD HDTV rather than try to have the TV fixed.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

This is a display unit for pictures on a USB stick. We paid over $65 year and half ago. Damn thing won't read the UB anymore. I call the "customer support" - their solution is to turn it off and on! Duh! Asked to speak with the manager. He says that the product warranty is only for 6 months and these things happen! This is atrocious. Something that costs so much to do so little can't last even a couple of years. This INSIGNIA - as I research is a junk company. Best Buy is affiliated with it! DON'T BUY ANYTHING THAT HAS "INSIGNIA" on it

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Bought a 60 inch Insignia tv. Junk is what they are. If I didn't have to give them one star to get this to post. There wouldn't even be one star there. Bought at best buy in Davenport, Iowa. I did not get remote when television ear brought and hung on wall by their staff. I paid extra for that. And they brought wrong remote. Said they would return with other remote and never did. When I called they didn't know what I was talking about and they didn't have my remote. Yep never again will I shop there.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

Got my son 3 things from this maker and all 3 died from DVD players to a TV to another DVD player. All trash... TV lasted 2 months. DVDs lasted one week and the other a month... Got money back for the second and got a Sony DVD player and then I got money back from the TV and bought a 42 inch VIZIO TV - much better. Will never buy anything again from this company. All cheap garbage.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

When using HDMI input #1, the manual says you can use the audio input if your PC doesn't carry audio through the HDMI cable. It doesn't work, there is no audio. When tuning in a weak over the air station and it becomes took weak to receive, the TV permanently deletes that channel. There have been times where the TV rebooted itself while this was happening. You can't get it back without a full rescan of all the channels. With antenna stations, the favorites function does not work. It randomly deletes stations from its list, and sometimes that random deletion is extended to the tuned channels so they disappear. It basically corrupts the channel database. There have been times where the TV rebooted itself while this was happening, and one time where it even froze up and I had to unplug it to reset it. The only way to correct it is to do a full rescan of all the channels.

With antenna stations, the last channel button does not work the first time you use it after the TV is turned on. When you press it, it just blacks out for a second, and the same station is re-tuned in. The second time, it works. It's not a bug, but very annoying: with all antenna stations, you must to include the .1 (point-one) in every channel you type in, or else it won't tune it in. You can use .2 or .3 if those subchannels are available, but there's no shortcut to the main or .1 channel. When compared to an Insignia CECB (converter box), this TV receives fewer channels overall and requires a bit stronger signal to receive each channel.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I bought the Insignia 4K TV, (model number NS-55DR710NA17UHD) on July 7, 2016. The screen blacked out, only putting out sound, "4 MONTHS LATER" on Nov. 6, 2016. The TV is still under warranty so I called customer service and got a repair appointment for "four" days later. However, the appointment time is between 8am and 12am, that's a "4 hour window" to just sit and wait, and wait, and wait and wait. OR, you can do like I am doing, think about the $100 you are losing from your time off from work, Google this Insignia Sadness, read the "EXACT SAME" horrible experiences others are having with this Insignia Insanity, look at your receipt and see how much money you wasted on this Insignia Sucks, and use your wait time wisely by WRITE A REVIEW!!!!

My ultimate plan is to have this Crap TV repaired and SELL IT while it's still under warranty. Btw, their customer service team are so nice and pleasant, even when they are telling you 'I'm sorry, your TV is no longer under warranty... K... bye, bye'. So for now, I'll spend the rest of my missed work time looking for another new TV..... Sony maybe?!?!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I purchased a Insignia 40 in TV last September. The past few months it works for 2 hours then shuts off for 20 min. I called Customer Service. They told me that I had 55 days after the 1 year warranty and they were going to send me an e-mail about this (after giving them my e-mail address 7x). Called the next day. Different rep. They had no info about me calling them. Had to submit info again at which time they told me that I was misinformed about the 55 days. It was 45 days and it was too late. So we all work very hard for our money and we are now buying TVs, paying good money, that last ONLY a little of 1 year. I will NEVER, EVER BUY AN INSIGNIA PRODUCT AGAIN. It a piece and the people that rep their company have no idea what the heck they are doing. I would never recommend this product to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

As soon as we got the Insignia TV it started flickering. At first it was just a little bit. However, it progressively became worse and now there is nothing on the screen. This was the worst TV I have ever had and I don't recommend it to anyone.

Insignia TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sold exclusively in megahouse retailer Best Buy, Insignia TVs are a value-oriented brand of LED LCD models that come in a range of sizes.

• Personalized home screen: Personalize your home screen with your favorite broadcast channels, streaming channels and devices so everything you like best is right at your fingertips.
    • Wireless connectivity: Easily connect to your home network and control your TV with your smart phone.
    • Wide viewing angle: A wide 178-degree viewing angle allows more seats in the room to be the best seat in the house.
    • Superior audio: Multiple built-in speaks provide superior audio.
    • Stunning HD images: With 1080p resolution, these TVs deliver HD content with amazing detail and crisp picture contrast.
    • Best for: Bargain shoppers and researchers.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs