1.75/5
Based on 247 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

251 Insignia TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

12/31/18: Well, Happy New Year to me! This 15 month old TV crapped out on me at 9:30 am today. I bought it on sale from Best Buy in San Luis Obispo, California. I'm having the exact same problem as experienced by another reviewer here. The TV now refuses to acknowledge or accept an internet connection & yet Wi-Fi is telling me it's connected, very strong signal, all systems go, etc, except for the TV, of course. I've had this problem before, and usually it's only with one channel, such as Hulu, and I usually just switch to another streaming channel and everything is fine. Sometimes I do have to unplug the TV and plug it back in and then everything is fine.

Today, however, none of the tricks I have up my sleeve are working. I have unplugged & plugged in the TV a zillion times, I have unplugged & plugged in the power strip a zillion times. Nothing. I can't access Hulu, Vudu, Pluto, Tubi, or even YouTube regular. To say I'm pissed is beyond words. I have no cable at the present moment so I'm unable to assess if it will still broadcast with cable. Because it's a 5-day holiday where I unfortunately reside, I am unable to contact cell carrier to see if the Wi-Fi problems might be coming from their end. They won't be open until January 2nd. I have a 5 year warranty on this TV but after reading the experiences & horror stories on this site, I have very little confidence that it will, or even can, be repaired.

This TV has done this before & I considered it just a minor annoyance and inconvenience because the Wi-Fi has always came back. However, it's going on almost 9 hours now & I have a very strong hunch that this once MINOR convenience, annoyance, and problem is now a MAJOR & PERMANENT one & my TV is now gone forever. Problem is, I am on a VERY low fixed income & I cannot afford another TV. As I said, Happy New Year to me. I'm old enough to remember when TV was FREE and also hassle-free. You would go to the store, buy a TV, take it home, plug it in and voilá!- you had TV. Often times you wouldnt even need rabbit ears or a roof antenna to get a great picture. Now all these companies are gouging us and nickel-and-diming us to death for something that should be free and also hassle free to watch.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Wow, clearly Insignia TVs are garbage!! I just bought a 39" 1080 LED smart fire edition TV from Best Buy in 12/21/2018. So basically I haven't owned this TV for two weeks and already when I'm watching TV out of the blue there is a soft click and the TV will lose picture and sound and go black for no reason!! If I go back to home and run through the channels it shows picture again and has sound but it keeps going black (no sound either) every time I watch TV and it doesn't matter what station I'm watching, it happens constantly.

I don't understand how Best Buy is allowed to sell these TVs They clearly know they are selling faulty unusable televisions to the public and they are making a killing by doing so. They need to be held accountable table- why consumer affairs isn't doing anything is beyond me- Best Buy is scamming the public. Btw I bought an Apple laptop from Best Buy and the hard drive went on it after one year! I think they sold me a refurbished piece of junk and pushed it off as new. Class action suit needs to be filed against this company.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I bought the 32 inch tv ??? for my daughter in April this year. Within less than six months the tv stopped working. Took it to Best Buy Geek in September. They sent it to the manufacturer which supposedly should have been resolved but less then another two months it stopped working AGAIN. I called the manufacturer and they were both unprofessional and unhelpful. The box claims any defects will be immediately replaced but when I called they told me the manual says after three times then they will replace it. WHO WANTS TO HAVE THEIR TV FIXED THREE TIMES JUST TO FINALLY GET A REPLACEMENT. Disgusting company and disgusting service. Would not recommend. Stick with well known brands like Samsung or LG who actually care about customer satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I have the Insignia 39 Class LED 1080p Smart HDTV Roku TV. It is the worst TV. It is not smart, it is stupid. It constantly can't read my Internet connection. So many times, the connection is fine, and it says it's not. It is by far the stupidest TV I have ever purchased. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS TV or anything like it. It is awful, absolutely awful.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

The 38-39" Insignia Roku TV from Best Buy continually loses the Internet connection and is constantly loading, even though our other regular TV using Roku in another room works perfectly, and the Insignia Roku TV is in the same room with the router with high-speed (200) unlimited Internet service. All other equipment (2 computers, 2 wireless printers and VOIP phone system) in the same room work great. I would not recommend purchasing an Insignia Roku TV. It also eliminates the streaming service icon on the TV and has to be rebooted (unplug power) to get it back because it won't turn off. It's also really slow to load. So many problems... I'd like to throw it out the window. The best thing we did was to cut the cable and go with Roku on our regular TV. However, the Insignia Roku TV from Best Buy is definitely not worth the money. DON'T BUY ONE!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insignia TV?

Original review: July 17, 2018

Worst TV ever (Insignia Roku tv 24 inch). It stopped connecting to the internet and I have had my TV for four years and it just stop connecting and then I see that my TV is discontinued so Don't pay TV from Insignia. It may work for a little while but then you are going to have to get a replacement so Insignia is not worth it. Anyone that says their TV works fine is lying and they had to get another TV so don't listen to them.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I bought the Insignia 50 inch 4K Ultra TV with Roku and barely got a year's use out of it before the backlight went on it. The customer support from the company was also disappointing. The Insignia support website is full of people complaining about this same issue with no response from Insignia, and I will not be buying any Insignia product again based on this experience.

Original review: June 18, 2018

In short: DO NOT buy this TV. It’s a so-so product, but customer service is horrible. It WILL stop working, and you could spend your money on a more reliable product. Bought the Insignia NS50 model May 2016, and after 2 weeks, it had to exchange because the TV would not turn on. The 2 year warranty from Best Buy was purchased, so we got a new one. Come June 2018, the TV goes on, but you cannot see anything on the screen but a grey dot. Called Insignia (Best Buy suggested asking them to extend the warranty) and the gist of their “customer service” is that they WILL NOT do anything after THEIR 1 year warranty. The rep then asked, “well it worked for 2 years, right? So what else do you want?” Insignia appreciates their customers so much, they even hang up on you.

Original review: June 13, 2018

This is a good tv for the price. This is the second tv I’ve had with Insignia and the first one just wore out. I would buy this brand for the third time.

Original review: June 8, 2018

23 inch Insignia Roku TV is the most horrible smart TV I ever purchased. The internet only stays in for five minutes. The ethernet cable is in the side of the TV to connect to internet and it still isn't connecting. So take it from me. I don't and I mean don't buy Roku Insignia TV. Not worth your money or you being angry over it. Just don't buy it.

Original review: April 26, 2018

When I bought this TV I felt I settled for what I could afford. It has a great picture, plenty of inputs, all the app options. This is a great TV. You won't be settling at all. You will be very happy with it.

Original review: April 18, 2018

My Insignia NS-22D420NA18 used to look great but now the LCD is failing. I loved the $120 value at Best Buy, but will never get it again. Going for HP next time, or something with a higher market point.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Great tv for the price. Have this brand in all rooms from main living to kitchen in multiple sizes. All have great picture. Sharp and sleek. Only negative is the sound could be a bit better. Also does not come larger than 65”. Would recommend to anyone especially if you don’t want to spend $2000 on a tv. Smallest starts at around $119 at Best Buy. 55” usually is $349.

Original review: April 16, 2018

This Insignia TV is a Best Buy brand and it used to be a great brand of TV. I have bought many in the past and all of them were excellent TV's. However since they changed them to include the Roku device they started to use a low end manufacturer to make their TV's and sell them with this cheap, very inconvenient Roku remote. Their brand lost all the quality and pizzaz it used to have.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Have a new 42". Mostly performs very well. The only problem I find is the sound can be at a good hearing level on one station and terrible on another. No matter how high I turn the volume up it doesn't seem to get any louder past a certain number. Otherwise it is great.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Just bought a 32" Insignia LED (not Smart TV) for my Samsung that dies after 3 years and am very pleased with the TV. It was super easy to set-up, and set up with my Xfinity remote in 2 seconds. The picture is very clear and sound is good (multiple adjustments available for both depending on preference). Overall great TV for only $199.

Original review: March 20, 2018

INSIGNIA TV NS-43 - Bought at Best Buy in Danbury, CT. TV is a total lemon. Best Buy will be charging for shipping and find it is indeed a lemon. Here are just the main problems. Ghosting and halos - 6 visible with direct cable hookup. Volume changes - Sometimes very low end, changes every time. Front power and wireless connection light flashing every 2 seconds. Playing USB movies volume almost un-hearable. Blue, yellow, magenta outlines around shading. TV is now 6 months old. I've been in contact with the Geeks during this time. No luck. Power turns on by itself.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Insignia TV 32 inch LED - I bought this TV a few years ago, and now the IR sensor is gone on the TV. Two remotes from them did not correct the problem. The menu for TV pops up in middle of screen so I can't see what is going on. It is so annoying. I have contacted both Insignia and Best Buy store and they have only said that I didn't get warranty and there's nothing they can do about it. Get it repaired. TV's should last longer than a 2-3 years.

I have seen a ton of complaints against Best Buy and this brand of TV. Best Buy has cheap prices but then they try and sell you these expensive warranty packages on top of the prices. Also had it called a disposable TV. Why don't they tell you that when you buy it? Because it wouldn't sell then. I had just purchased another of the same TV for a different room 2 months ago and if this happens to that one, I'm gonna be pretty angry. A sensor should not stop working after a few years. Neither company will have my business again. Should have went elsewhere. Very unhappy and both their customer service stinks.

Original review: March 18, 2018

We purchase our TV at Best Buy, and have been having problem with it since. After emailing Insignia (39 inch Roku Smart TV) three times they told us to take it to the Geek Squad and have it tested there, they had the same problem and shipped it out for repair, after asking for a replacement from Insignia they told us the warranty requires that we accept the repaired TV back, after only 3 weeks of ownership.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I contacted Insignia because, on April 2nd the broadcasters are relocating their Television transmitters. I will be forced to rescan. Having lost the whereabouts of my TV manual. I contacted Insignia for instructions, but even though they did respond, it was unhelpful. Scanning has always been problematical even with the manual. Insignia could have done more.

Original review: March 2, 2018

This was a really bad TV. It broke down before it was a year old so I replaced it. One day it just wouldn't turn on correctly, no picture on the screen but the TV would power up. The second time it happened not even 7 months later I just skipped getting the replacement and got something else. Reading the reviews on this thing was an eye opener. Someone from the company called it a "disposable TV"... I thought, "Wow that's really bad!"

Original review: March 1, 2018

I bought this tv for my son's room. 19 months later I am already searching for another tv for his room. The left side of the screen started turning blue and is getting progressively worse everyday. Of course, I’m out of the 12 month warranty and Best Buy, or Insignia will help in any way. I would NOT recommend INSIGNIA.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I bought this 4K 50 inch TV a couple years ago, thinking it was a good deal at the time. It worked fine until the warranty ran out. First one of the 4 HDMI inputs stopped working, so fine, I'll just use another one. Then the computer stopped recognizing the TV when booting up, fortunately I had a small LCD display I could hook up that would allow it to boot up. Then static started showing up on the screen when displaying certain darker colors. Then another HDMI input stopped working. Then just yesterday the third HDMI stopped working, so I decided it was time to kick this turkey to the curb and bought the same size in a Samsung. We have 2 Samsung TVs in the house and never had any problems with them, and an LG monitor that has never let me down. I regret trying Insignia and would only recommend them to my worst enemy.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I bought an audio receiver from Insignia a little while back, worst purchase I could have made. It has not worked properly from the get go and is always turning on and off (which, if you are a music lover you will understand, has ruined many moments of relaxation), and their customer service is absolutely terrible. Would not recommend to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Bought a 32" Insignia TV on sale for $99. Got it home and set it up. Took about 15 times of going into add/remove channels to remove the channels I did not want. The add/remove section would throw me out of it at random. Next when switching channels it took between 5-10 seconds for channel to come in. I thought it was the signal strength so I connected it to the cable source coming in the house. It did the same thing. I called support and they said to return it that it was defective.

Best Buy was good and gave me the new model of this TV in place of it. Normally this TV is $119.95. They gave it to me for the $99. Took it home and it did the same thing. Took it back. Then I had a smaller Insignia TV I use for my boat in the summer. It did the same thing. Finally went and bought an LG and it worked flawlessly. The moral to the story is spend a little more to get a quality product. Oh by the way the Favorite channels section on the insignia's was also buggy. It would remove the channels at random and then mess up the add/remove selections. I will never buy an Insignia again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Since I am older and can recall the days when things were made to last more than one year, I didn't expect a whole lot from this Insignia 24" LED TV. Suffice it to say my expectations were realistic: The TV truly represents the adage, "you get what you paid for." A short list of the problems: Audio could be better. Takes too long to turn on, switch channels, etc. etc. Unresponsive at times to "On," "Off" and "Mute." Distortion of images on screen. That annoying voice announcing that the TV is looking for a signal.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

12/12/17 Received the tv (39" Roku SmartTV) from Best Buy in today's mail. The picture is poor per 1080P. It's inexpensive TV, however, you pay for what you get. It's going back tomorrow. Re-Installing Samsung 32" also 1080p - thought the 39" screen would be nice, however, I don't want to lower the picture quality for 6" larger screen. The other item I did not like about the Insignia is that I could not set it up without entering my CC.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We haven't had one problem with it, and it is on 24/7, and we bought it used. The screen quality is great as well. The only issue we've ever had with it was difficulty setting it up. Other than that we would definitely purchase another Insignia TV.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Purchased this 55" Insignia Roku tv 08/18/17. Unfortunately, I did not spring for the extended coverage. There have been numerous small issues, such as freezing up and randomly restarting. Now the picture is incredibly dark and the Geek Squad will charge a base of $200 ($100 to come out and $100 to diagnose). I wish I could give this tv 0 stars.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

My husband purchased a 43" insignia 4k Roku TV on 9/13 from Best Buy for my birthday. Within 1 month the signal from the remote to the receiver on the TV stop working, I changed the batteries and it started working. Now on 11/6/2017 the signal from the remote to the TV is not working again. I changed the batteries and still nothing. I called Best Buy and they said we had purchased the extended warranty so bring the TV in and they will swap it for another one. However, if a receiver goes out on a TV that I have had less than 2 months, this is a manufacturer's defect and regardless to whether I bought an extended warranty or not the TV should be replaced.

Insignia TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sold exclusively in megahouse retailer Best Buy, Insignia TVs are a value-oriented brand of LED LCD models that come in a range of sizes.

• Personalized home screen: Personalize your home screen with your favorite broadcast channels, streaming channels and devices so everything you like best is right at your fingertips.

• Wireless connectivity: Easily connect to your home network and control your TV with your smart phone.

• Wide viewing angle: A wide 178-degree viewing angle allows more seats in the room to be the best seat in the house.

• Superior audio: Multiple built-in speaks provide superior audio.

• Stunning HD images: With 1080p resolution, these TVs deliver HD content with amazing detail and crisp picture contrast.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs