1.81/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

266 Insignia TV Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

INSIGNIA Led TV, Mod: NS-32D20SNA14, screen size diag. 80cm /32". 2 HDMI inputs for home theater connection or a laptop, the sound is great. There is a 720p resolution, great with HD images, picture clarity & color fantastic. There are additional connections for PC, DVI, and a USB port. Would we buy another INSIGNIA, we sure would. :)

Original review: March 18, 2019

The video and sound quality are excellent. You just can't find this this kind of quality anywhere else for the low price. I have 2 smaller insignia TVs and bought have insignia for years and will continue to do so.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Very good value for the price. The installation was easy and it worked fine except I added a sound bar Because the TV speakers did not put out enough sound for the room that the TV is in. It Is easy to operate.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I bought this TV about 10 years ago. The sound was not as good as I expected, but as I got used to it, it doesn't bother me at all any more. I haven't had any problems out of this tv. I would definitely buy another one.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Excellent TV for the price. This TV also has the text to speech option which I can use a lot easier than other TVs, this is because I am blind. It also has a voice activated remote that can also be used. You can also set it up with the Amazon echo.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insignia TV?

Original review: July 25, 2019

I bought this last year to go in our guest room. I had barely had the TV in use less than 6 months and it blows a fuse internally (if I could add photos I would). No damage was done to it whatsoever, you can see it blew something inside the TV and the whole thing spiderwebbed, mind you zero evidence of negligence on my part. I contact Insignia directly and they tell me it is caused by "accidental" damage and they don't cover the issue. I had purchased an outside protection warranty w/ TV so I take it to Best Buy and get told the same thing. Now I am out almost $200 to a POS TV that doesn't last past 6 months when I own a Samsung Smart tv that's in my living room for almost a decade now and still works like a charm!! Do yourself a favor and spend a little bit more to get a quality TV along with quality service! Best Buy has lost a loyal customer of 20 years over this issue!!!

Original review: June 22, 2019

My daughter and I each bought the Insignia 32” model number ns32d311na15 a few years ago from Best Buy. Well the other night it quit working, had blue backlight but red light would only flicker. I unplugged it that night thinking will reset it the next day. The next day I plugged it back in then walked unto other room to grab laptop for Google search on how to do reset. I heard loud pop, my Shepherd ran into me with her alert ears looking at me. So I hustled to bedroom. By then smoke alarms are going off and white blue gray smoke coming from back of my tv. I pulled the plug from surge protector and carries it outside away from home. We will see what outcome is but so far Insignia only appears to be worried about whether I saw flames or not. Like as soon as I seen smoke I was going to wait to see if flames erupted?!

Original review: June 9, 2019

Not even 2 years, TV barely used starts showing vertical lines. Also using constantly WiFi with strong signal even if you turn off the TV. Looked around. There is no way to turn off the WiFi. I hope I got extra warranty for this brand.

Original review: June 2, 2019

Insignia 50" TV has 6" wide black band on right side of screen. Picture is thus reduced by 6" on right side. Just spent 35 minutes on the phone with Best Buy. On 17th day since new, Best Buy refuses to replace, until they can send a technician. Best Buy then advises that there are no technicians in my area. What now? NOT GOOD!!

Original review: May 14, 2019

Insignia 55” fire tv. I purchased this tv 3 months ago. The sound on the cable channels is fine until I get to commercials. Then the volume automatically goes as loud as it can go. I have emailed customer service and they just don’t get it. They keep telling me it is my cable box. I do not have cable tv, I stream my tv with DirectvNow. I have gone around in circle with their so-called “techs” and they cannot help me. I am stuck with this tv that is completely intolerable. I have to mute the tv during every commercial. Their customer service just doesn’t care. Their attitude is there is nothing they can do.

Insignia TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sold exclusively in megahouse retailer Best Buy, Insignia TVs are a value-oriented brand of LED LCD models that come in a range of sizes.

• Personalized home screen: Personalize your home screen with your favorite broadcast channels, streaming channels and devices so everything you like best is right at your fingertips.

• Wireless connectivity: Easily connect to your home network and control your TV with your smart phone.

• Wide viewing angle: A wide 178-degree viewing angle allows more seats in the room to be the best seat in the house.

• Superior audio: Multiple built-in speaks provide superior audio.

• Stunning HD images: With 1080p resolution, these TVs deliver HD content with amazing detail and crisp picture contrast.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs