3.0/5 (74 ratings)

About Insignia TV

Insignia TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insignia TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insignia TV?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I bought a 55" Insignia TV from Best Buy in February 2020 and it is now August 2021 (18 months of regular use), the TV stopped working altogether. It cost me $400. The quality of the TV set was not that good either while it was working.

Original review: July 29, 2021

400 dollars spent on this and the cord doesn't even stay in the TV. It fall out every five minutes and when it does stay in the TV the slightest breeze hitting my home will knock it out. Terrible product. I actually switched the 4k TV out for my old 32 in sung from 12 hears ago and it works so much better. Please don't buy Insignia product. Not only are they cheaply made they will not help you when they shipped you a broken product.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I echo everything everyone else said: it's terrible! Dropping the signal several to dozens of times, restarting from scratch is a pain! Or, it will refresh but then go back 5 minutes and don't try to resume where you were, it's impossible to ff. The remote is a tiny thing made for tiny hands. It often doesn't work at all and it isn't the batteries.

Here's the thing: I have uVerse so if I connect with my antenna, it will play fine but is grainy and the volume is low. The only time it's ok, it depends on the network I'm watching. Forget HULU or any streaming service. Ballgames from MLB.tv has a nice picture/sound but otherwise it's back and forth from uVerse to wifi. I have considered getting a 50' flat ethernet cable and use the modem but I might just get internet TV, not uVerse TV. Crazy-making piece of dreck! I used my stimulus to buy it and could only afford this TV. Staring at a black/blank screen and hitting buttons isn't working. I so miss a "regular" TV, not a so-called "smart TV". There's nothing smart about it!

Original review: June 28, 2021

We bought an Insignia Fire TV from Best Buy in July 2019. Now it is June 2021 and it is shot. A few months ago the picture and sound would go off from time to time. It became more often. We had a warranty and called for a repairman. Best Buy uses Geek Squad. The first time they didn't send a repair but an installer. But it has been installed correctly. So that made no difference but delayed getting things fixed. So again I ordered a repairman emphasizing that I wanted a REPAIR man. They tried to get me to take it off the wall and bring it in, but we are in our 80s, it is heavy and on the wall. We would not do that. Well they repair man was late and missed their time frame. He came in, and within 5 minutes said, "Oh you have a picture." We knew that. He said he would need to get a part if he could. He said a lot of the Insignia TVs have this problem. So now we are waiting to see if they can get a part. I am not happy with Best Buy and Geek Squad. Bottom line I would not recommend buying one.

Original review: May 23, 2021

This tv will not work with a Fios One remote. I guess it’s so they can sell you a universal remote. It takes forever to boot. Sound is horrible. I can’t even get them to answer the phone to discuss. Gonna return it and buy a name brand. Do not waste your money. Spend the extra few bucks and get a name brand.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I mean sure, as far as tv's go I can imagine there could be a worse tv. Somebody out there has to have a tv worse than this, so it cannot be the worst, but frankly, unless you're planning on buying it on Black Friday, or if you're looking for a cheap and temporary television to send your child to college with, it's good. Besides that, there are better brands out there.

My god, I used to think the problem was my internet until I learned that it was the television. It glitches, it crashes, and honestly I'm just tired of it. At the first opportunity I will be getting a new tv. This is a bottom tier tv. This is the kind of tv you buy when it's on sale and you're looking with budget rather than quality in mind. If you are looking for a television and you can afford to spend more on another tv besides this one, do that.

Even the process for making a review is messed up. Had to make a whole account and everything because the "use google" function didn't want to work. Started to wonder if they make reviews more difficult or try to deter people from reviewing because they know that nobody's coming here to rave about it, but simply want people. Anyways, just don't bother. If you are looking for a sign NOT to buy a television or product from this company, THIS IS IT. Don't say nobody warned you when it's 7pm and you're trying to watch television but the different apps are finding different ways to glitch or crash.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

The Insignia 32 inch 720p HD TV, has a poor picture quality. It has a grainy effect, and the sound is weak. I can't hear the sound of a movie, either DVD, or even a CD over the top of my box fan. Of all things the fan was set to low. This is no opinion, it is the truth of my experience. I have had a 32 inch Westinghouse 720p tv, and was very satisfied with the results. Picture was not grainy at all, and the sound was quite a bit louder. Due to the Covid19, I was unable to find another Tv at this time. If you so get this tv, games would be ok I guess. But for movies forget it.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Thank goodness I didn’t buy this TV myself. I would not recommend Insignia to ANYONE. I would rather have no TV than this broken piece of junk. NEVER connects to the internet, and when it does, it disconnects minutes later. TV often resets itself due to this, so I can hardly even pick a show before it turns off on me! When I do get lucky enough to get Netflix to load, every 5-10 minutes I get the buffering screen (probably also due to the fact that the tv doesn’t want to stay connected to my wifi). When I tried to find their customer service, it doesn’t seem to exist. (Because I didn’t buy it I’m not sure what store it came from), so it’s not even like I can exchange it. Seriously the most worthless piece of technology sitting in my house. DO NOT BUY INSIGNIA!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I purchased a TV from Insignia that did not work. They sent a third party to fix it who took the TV from my home and was supposed to bring it back fixed. He NEVER brought it back and I got an email saying since it can't be fixed to go to Best Buy to get an exchange. Best Buy claims they have no record and are not able to give me an exchange. It's been weeks and I STILL have no TV but they STILL have $400 of my dollars. Horrible experience and I will never spend even $1 with Insignia ever again in my life. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Do not buy any INSIGNIA PRODUCTS the company will not work with you for a refund if the item can not be fixed. They try and pass the buck. The people you talk to can not speak very well. They SUCK. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. THEY ARE NOT MADE IN AMERICA.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I purchased a 55" 4K Amazon Fire Smart TV from best buy for roughly 450$ in December of 2018 so I have had the product a little over 2 years now. The issues first started with the remote and the Alexa command controls as soon as I got it home from the store. The Alexa microphone button would work, register through the tv, but then no response from Alexa. About 6 months later it just randomly started working and then a month later, stopped working again. Figured okay not the biggest deal, everything else works so I just left it alone.

Now I come home from work last night turn on the tv, switch the input over to HDMI, play some Xbox, switch it back to the home screen about an hour later, and all of the sudden I've got about a 3" black solid bar vertically through the middle of the screen. This is where the b.s. really starts! I look up a customer service phone number and I'm immediately directed to Geek Squad. The geek squad representative proceeds to tell me that he believes it's a panel issue in the screen. Sounds like it's blown out.. So now I have to pay 99$ to have somebody come out here and another 99$ for the labor when they do come, plus whatever parts as well. So I'm looking at another 300$ at least right?

I can't quite understand if Insignia uses geek squad as their repair and support service instead of supplying their own to their paying customers, why I should personally have to pay that kind of money to utilize those services after I've already spent money on a product insignia manufactures. That is possibly the poorest service I've ever been provided by any company and that's not even the best part.

After I schedule the appointment with geek squad the gentleman proceeds again to tell me after all of this that if it is a panel there's nothing anyone can even do because insignia doesn't even make replacement screens for this size tv!!!! So you sell a cheap product to consumers to begin with, outsource your repair and support, charge the customer for that, and then don't even make replacement parts to fix the thing?!? How did you make the t.v. this large but don't make screens this size? Such a scam! So I'm looking at 650$ on a TV that is still broken now. I would never ever recommend an insignia product to my worst enemy. If I could give zero stars I would have.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Bought a 32” LED Insignia TV in 2017, the LEDs finally died this morning. The remote did start to go after a year and a half. But I was happy with the TV. The picture stayed good, the audio was good, and it was easy to figure out the settings. Overall, sold 8/10

Original review: June 9, 2020

After watching tv then turn it off, it may show a picture or not. Then it has to be reset. It also prevents the Roku from coming on, this started about a year ago, the tv was bought new about six years from best buy, it's really annoying, there's a message in a blue box about the tv but it flickers off in a couple seconds, not able to read it...Something about HDMI??? Need a new tv.

Original review: April 18, 2020

I cannot watch a show without it shutting off and then coming back on after about 20-30 seconds. Glad I didn't pay for this. Extremely unsatisfied! When I purchase a new set I definitely won't be buying this brand and will NEVER recommend.

Original review: April 14, 2020

2 Insignias in a year. Crapped out. Sad. The first one completely died. 2nd lost pic. Bad sound. I won't buy this brand again. Buy cheap. Get cheap. I'll stick with the better brands I know. Insignia...get it together.

Original review: March 9, 2020

I thought I got a good deal January 13, 2019, when I bought a 50’ Insignia from Best Buy in Secaucus, NJ. Boy was I wrong. If a cheap, affordable HD/Ultra HD-4K tv seems too good to be true you can bet your grandma’s best cookies it is too good to be true. Aside from the fact it’s not actually truly 4K, my tv began acting weird last night March 8, 2020. I’ve barely had this thing 14 months and it just went blank yesterday. I replaced the remote batteries which obviously had no effect. The tv jumps from a blank screen to the main menu as if someone’s laying on the remote. The tv doesn’t respond to commands when using the remote.

I just cannot believe that this tv has crapped out after only 14 months. It’s on my wall for god’s sake. I could understand if it were on a unstable surface and was somehow dropped. But to just suddenly stop working after barely 14 months is extremely disappointing. Fool me once shame on me. Insignia will never rip me off again. Buyer Beware, research all models thoroughly before purchasing a TV. And if you read good reviews about Insignia remember it’s an anomaly. Do not buy Insignia tv’s. If the price is too good to be true then there’s definitely something bad about the product. And as the saying goes: "A fool and his money will soon part".

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I bought my television in July 2019, and in February 2020 the remote stopped working. I called customer service to replace the remote and after 30 minutes on the phone, the rep says I should just order a new one online. Appalled at such poor service and extremely cheap quality product.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Stay away from the Insignia TVs. Mine caught on fire shortly after the warranty expired. Set off my smoke alarms and stained the wall and ceiling with black soot. My Insignia was made by Hisense. Look at the photos.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I recently bought a Toshiba TV Fire and it came or was able to load very Easily the Xfinity app. I bought the Insignia TV or a blind old man thinking it was gonna work the same as the Toshiba Fire TV. I can watch Xfinity on every device I own except for my new Insignia Smart Fire TV. I spent hours thinking I was downloading the app. I even was able to open it a couple of times in a round about way but it would not work. I am now told by Insignia that the problem is with Xfinity or Amazon But that doesn't make sense to me since I'm able to watch on every other device I own. I'm sorry I ever bought this Insignia Fire TV.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

This TV was relatively cheap at Best Buy and my first experience with a Smart TV. I love the built in Roku. However, the TV is really inferior. It started freezing up and turning itself off or going back to the main screen. The sound was inconsistent. Yesterday I was trying to scan an update of channel selections and the TV went from finding 39 channels, to 27 with the next scan, to 9, then zero. So I lost all the stored channels and it will not scan any antenna channels. The Roku thing still works, the TV still works, but now I can't watch any antenna channels unless they are offered on the Roku channel menu and I go through the internet/wifi. It is such a frustrating piece of inferior technology.

I talked to a sales person at Best Buy about it and the salesperson said 'they aren't made to last, 18 months 2 years max". Are you serious? Then why is this store selling such an inferior product? I don't want to have to throw away a TV in less than 2 years. It is not only a waste of money, it is unnecessary landfill garbage. This mentality that everything is disposal and it is 'normal' to have to replace electronics every 2 years or less is ridiculous. Stop this waste. I won't support this brand going forward.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I purchased both the 45 and 35 inch Insignia TVs from the Amherst, NY Best Buy location in June 2019. I'm hitting that 6-7 month mark where the TVs go to crap. The TVs constantly disconnect from the internet, making it impossible to stream anything (no point in having Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.) I'm lucky if the TV doesn't disconnect after 10 minutes. It isn't my internet provider, as my laptop and cell phones have had zero issues. It's just these cheapo Insignia TVs. For both TVs I'm out $450. To hell with Insignia and Best Buy.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Bought a 50 inch TV in June. 3 months later I have blobs and lines. Did the rescue lens via the Best Buy app and they cover it under warranty. Get a new Insignia. Same TV. 4 months later I come back from working out of town for 2 months, tv hasn't been touched or turned on during this time, and I have blobs and lines again. Called the warranty department and it looks like pressure points. Excuse me. I have not been home in 9 weeks and this is now the 2nd tv that has done this in 7 months. They sent a tech out and it was said to have been caused by a burn or something. Took tv back today and upgraded to a Samsung 8 series. Better reviews. Better warranty. And I will never shop for insignia again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I bought my 52" insignia TV a year ago and it wasn't bad for what I paid for it but there are a few things that I don't like.

1. The TV itself has no manual buttons on it, which means that I can only use my remote control to do things on it. Now this wouldn't be an issue except that within a year of buying the TV, my remote broke. Upon my remote breaking I called to check my warranty on it and was told warranty doesn't cover broken remotes. So the customer service for this product is not good and the product itself is obviously not long lasting.

2. The volume on the TV sometimes cuts out, so I will have to wait a bit for it to go back to normal, and again I called the customer service line and they said there was nothing that covers that and I would need to bring it back to the store where I bought it and pay to have it fixed..

So all in all, I will not be buying another Insignia TV. It is less expensive than most, but the extra money is worth it to get a better product.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I chatted online and was asked to pay $5 to chat with a tech. There is a parental control on my tv that we can't get off. We tried factory reset with no result. We are adults and want to watch whatever we want. Will NEVER buy another Insignia tv.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

This good idea to get gift card from you people and I do not know what to say here and what kind thing do you want me say now and nice tv to have in your home and yes I DID get tv as gift from my family.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

The only thing about larger tv's that I do not like is that you have to purchase a sound bar. It might be a smart tv, but not smart sound. I own a 43" Insignia Roku 4k hd tv and absolutely love it except for the sound.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

The picture has clarity; however, there are times when the sound goes out and it takes, sometimes a few minutes, for the sound to come back on. The built in Roku is a great asset and especially having a cable company that will stream through Roku so that you don't have to rent an extra box. So money saved. The cost was well worth the TV. I would recommend.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

It is a basic tv. Not too many features to confuse you. It gets the job done. Nothing too fancy here, but so far reliable. Would recommend it to others for sure. Would consider this brand again, if I was in the market for a new tv.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I bought this last year to go in our guest room. I had barely had the TV in use less than 6 months and it blows a fuse internally (if I could add photos I would). No damage was done to it whatsoever, you can see it blew something inside the TV and the whole thing spiderwebbed, mind you zero evidence of negligence on my part. I contact Insignia directly and they tell me it is caused by "accidental" damage and they don't cover the issue. I had purchased an outside protection warranty w/ TV so I take it to Best Buy and get told the same thing. Now I am out almost $200 to a POS TV that doesn't last past 6 months when I own a Samsung Smart tv that's in my living room for almost a decade now and still works like a charm!! Do yourself a favor and spend a little bit more to get a quality TV along with quality service! Best Buy has lost a loyal customer of 20 years over this issue!!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

INSIGNIA Led TV, Mod: NS-32D20SNA14, screen size diag. 80cm /32". 2 HDMI inputs for home theater connection or a laptop, the sound is great. There is a 720p resolution, great with HD images, picture clarity & color fantastic. There are additional connections for PC, DVI, and a USB port. Would we buy another INSIGNIA, we sure would. :)

Insignia TV Company Information