Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 2,354,742 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
In order to cancel your membership you have to go online and print cancellation form and then mail it to their California address. Really --- in today's world you have to mail a form in order to cancel your membership. You can't go to the gym or submit form electronically --- yet they can continue to take your membership fees electronically and email you information.
This is crazy and only supports their ability to keep taking your money electronically --- especially if they later say they never received the cancellation form. They also only use a PO Box to send forms -- so you cannot even send it FedEx or UPS. This is horrible!
LA FITNESS IN BROOKHAVEN ATLANTA.
1. Place to crowded, especially the swimming pool and basket ball room. Too many kids in too many swimming class. Three days a week.
2. Scale has been moved to public places so men and women use only one scale (too cheap) with all their clothes on (not accurate measuring weight loss progress).
3. Treadmill earphone outlet either too loose to plug in or not working.
4. Zumba classes music too loudly, harmful to eardrum.
5. Lock room has only one hair dryer. After writing them, one more hair dryer was added.
6. Several water shower compartments were malfunctioning. Water is not hot from 6 to 8pm weekday due to too many people taking shower.Pro:
1. Front desk people are polite.
2. Zumba classes teacher are energetic and friendly.
3. Each treadmill has its own cable TV.Suggestions:
1. Add waltz, belly dancing and Tai chi classes.
2. Swimming pool water should be 6 feet deep instead of 3 feet deep.
It's like a family. They have classes and they have a pool and sauna that are really nice. Equipment and basketball court and personal training available. They don't give hard time about freezes either.
Great people who share info gratis, help learn about muscle applications, very clean with TV and machines that are kept in working condition. Good parking is helpful. The price of my membership is unbeatable.
Fully functional gym, both training and machine plus free weights. Equipment is not state of the art and gets a lot of use. Decent overall maintenance. My site has a pool and spa. While not used by me appears to be reasonably maintained. General housekeeping is nominal with limited staff to service equipment and clean. Members need a mother to pick up after them - equipment is used and not returned to racks. Paper towels and water bottles left in treadmills after use. Many time hand cleaner stations empty. Complaints are not handled in a timely manner by the front desk.
The total performance of gym hasn't met their current advertisement or commitment, let it be know neither has they lived up to my expectation of their comments before I signed up. The cleanliness and availability of eqpt., unmonitored locker room showers, spas, seem like they only cleans once a day.
Trainers are $280/month (four 25-min sessions/month, but many times they are more like 15-minute sessions) + possible hidden fees. Membership is $34/month negotiable. You can get a free week trial before giving any personal information and enrolling. Watch out with the salesman, I was charged extra sessions on some months and he won't take no for an answer when offering extended plans and memberships.
Don’t enroll for an extensive period of time as there are no refunds nor trial time, once signed the contract there is no cancelation. I was sold something totally different than I was offered. Ask for deals, promotions, and discounts since they will duplicate their starting price. Their prices are negotiable. Also, make sure you ask for a free week trial at the gym before you enroll in anything or give any personal information and credit card.
Personal trainer is completely overpriced... $260/month for 4 sessions of ~18 minutes each. The first sessions you don’t even get to work out as you are being asked questions. Annoyingly, they warmly welcome new customers with completely unnecessary ‘sales strategies’ where you have to pay upfront fees plus your last month of enrollment as a non-refundable-deposit. The WIFI is terrible and there is no phone reception, the LA Fitness app freezes every time.
I paid 3 years advanced and got a really good deal. I go there almost morning. Most locations open at 4:30 am, perfect for us early birds where I can get home after a workout, walk the dog and get ready for work and the day.
The Bear, Delaware location is managed well and the employees are respectful and polite. There is a vacant room that I would like to see it used for aggressive sports training like boxing; other than that I've recommended LA Fitness to several of my neighbors.
When you walk in to a LA Fitness it feels like a fully loaded clubhouse with friendly people. They are all the same. Some even have outdoor pool. Bathrooms and locker rooms are very clean and spacious.
LA fitness Company Information
- Company Name:
- LA Fitness