3.9/5 (274 ratings)

About Warby Parker

Warby Parker designs and sells prescription eyewear and sunglasses. For every pair of glasses sold, Warby Parker donates a pair of eyeglasses to someone in need around the world. Customers can shop in a Warby Parker store or have the company mail them up to five frames to try on at home.

Warby Parker Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warby Parker?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warby Parker?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

There's lots of pretty redundant reviews about Warby P. It seems like they aren't educated or read enough on the issues they have. Here are the common problems I read, with what you really need to know.

-People complaining about problems with their PolyCarbonate Scratch resistant lens, yes, they will scratch. They're just more 'Resistant.' Not, 'Scratch Free...' nowhere does it say that.

And with the people complaining about headaches and their lenses, that has nothing to do with lenses.

-This has to do with people not getting their Pupil Distance measurement with their Optometrist (Which you need to manually ask for, they won't just give it to you that can cause issues with vision as your eyes need to be aligned with the mid point of your lens). Also as said in the Warby Parker small handbook they give "New prescriptions will cause headaches and straining over the course of a few days." Now I will say the application they have for pupil distance won't always be accurate because you're using your phone cameras, so it's not the most reliant way to work with that aspect but not horrible either, just not preferred if you want highly accurate readings.

-Then about the UV Light, the coating was most likely damaged to exposure of some chemical which can damage any coating. Of common sense, this can be hair sprays, alcohol solvent solutions or anything of similar kind which can damage it if not cleaned off.

With my experience with Warby parker, in my simple terms. -> It is great. I went into my Optometrist, got my prescription, my girlfriend told me about Warby Parker as she has used this company before, instead of me using my old store vision works. Sure enough I did their quiz on what glasses would work best for me. Narrow, I ordered the 'Robbie' in Antique Silver with Single-vision, blue-light-filtering, scratch polycarbonate lenses with my uploaded image prescription from what I was given from my doctor.

The glasses are amazing quality, perfect fit no need to adjust (As some will actually need to also said in small booklet given). I received them extremely faster than expected with the extra $20 shipping. My vision was straining at first because of how worn my old glasses were, and they were a bit big. I had them for about 3 years. I'm 21 now and these are what I needed big time. I wanted to make sure what I was buying was worth it, so out of $200 I got my money's worth happily out of their glasses. (You get what you pay for) I received my glasses earlier today. I have never wanted to write a review. Until today. Got yourself a long term client. Thank you Warby P.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

It was easy to find a pair of glasses that I love and are comfy. Being able to try on 5 pairs of frames without the pressure of someone watching you in the eye doctor's office allowed me to really check for comfort, since I've had painful glasses in the past (can you tell I'm all about comfort??). Plus, I was able to use my FSA to pay for them. I would use them again.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I'm on my 3rd pair of glasses from Warby Parker. I've loved them all. The online ordering process is pretty easy, and especially nice during Covid. There are a lot of follow up emails to make sure they are perfect, and helpful instructions on how to adjust them. I don't live anywhere near a Warby Parker store so the online experience is great!

Original review: April 30, 2021

I'm disabled and have a hard time working with the retail eyeglass stores. Warby Parker was an excellent alternative to what is usually a painful experience, both physically and financially. I used the home try-on to determine the best fit, then I ordered from the overall inventory. My glasses came 10 days earlier than predicted by the company.

The frames were exactly as they looked online. I chose a red, which can be very hard to match, but Warby Parker was spot on with the shade. The glasses fit perfectly. I've never been able to say my glasses have been comfy ... until now! They seem very sturdy, they look fantastic, and the price was right. I got the anti-glare coating, standard on all their lenses, and I added the blue light filter since I'm on the computer 24/7. That increased the bill by $50, but the total was still only $145. That's less than I've ever paid for glasses I absolutely love. All in all, this was the most pleasant experience and outcome!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Well I have not tried their glasses because. When I tried to get the glasses you have to pay upfront. Like if you like some that cost like over a $100 you pay first. Which I understand. Thank you keep the one you want but suppose they take a long time to you're other money. Like most franchise does.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Come on Warby Parker, you can do better! Have you ever tried to get your forever on the planet, plastic frames new prescription lenses only from Warby Parker? No? Well that is because you cannot! They refuse to sell just the lenses! You must buy the frames and glasses again! So incredibly wasteful, bad for the environment! I kept asking the manager and they said no. My frames are fine, but this is the 2nd time the coating has peeled off on the lenses from Warby Parker. They offer a $50 rebate to order a new pair and I like them so much. I did it, although annoyed.

Mistakenly, they processed the order twice. So I called customer service to see if I could just return the frames and pay for the 2nd pair of lenses, since they were already made and would just be tossed. I mean it is my Rx, who can use them? They still said no. They said there is no way to process it in the system. I mean really? How wasteful and unaccommodating. Where is your customer service Warby Parker? Just do an override for goodness sakes! BAD, BAD RETAIL. Shame on you making us pay for more than we need and putting more plastic on the planet. BAD BAD customer service, not letting me pay for your mistake. I even wrote to customer service, same answer, 3 times, they just say no. I will now definitely think twice about Warby, in fact, maybe I will just buy the frames there and get the lenses elsewhere from now on. My Eye Dr. has no problem with ordering new lenses ever!

Warby Parker response

Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us - we are incredibly sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your lenses! Please feel free to send us your email address, and we would be happy to look into the issues you are experiencing right away.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

These are terrible glasses that somehow this company has convinced people are great. I supposedly got polycarbonate lenses with an anti-scratch coating. They were all scratched up within six months. I am never buying glasses from Warby Parker or any other online retailer again.

Hi Russell,

Thank you for reaching out about this. We are incredibly sorry to hear about your lenses. Would you mind sharing your order number or email address? We would love to look further into this!

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

After over a year-I’ve worn an incorrect prescription causing headaches! Returned numerous times to Warby Parker only to be readjusted-never checking the original prescription. Finally after seeing my optometrist for yearly exam-my prescription was incorrectly filled! WP stated this is well within “7 degrees of our normal tolerances!” The manager repeated I’d get $50 off my next pair but NO APOLOGY of poor craftsmanship. My eyesight means more to me than to shop here again. Poor expertise of product, customer service & prescription authenticity! You get what you pay for!!!!

Warby Parker response

Hi Rhoda - thank you very much for reaching out and sharing this feedback. We are incredibly sorry to hear about your experience, and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly. We look forward to connecting with you soon.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I purchased blue light glasses to use while working, as I sit in front of a computer most days. I also have prescription contact lenses to see far away, another reason why I’d like something protecting my eyes while I have them in and I stare at a screen all day long, considering I don’t need them for close up. Well they were delivered with a coating on them, that almost makes it feel like they are magnified, and give me a headache EVERY TIME I wear them. I tried with and without my contacts in and it didn’t change. I called customer service, whom said “the only way to see if they had a prescription put in by accident, at the store, would be to pay for a visit with our optometrist”…. Like what? So I’m having issues with my glasses that I purchased from your company and I would HAVE TO PAY to have someone look at said glasses? Instead I said. "Well I’ll just make my annual eye exam appointment then and have my doctor look at them."

My doctor said they didn’t have a prescription, but the coating could be causing the issue. Now usually anti-scratch & anti-glare coating is an up-charge, but WP adds it on to all of their glasses. I call customer service back to tell them and they basically said, "Yea we add it to all of our glasses (aka TOO BAD), and maybe the intent isn’t to wear them on-top of contacts, but you’re past the 30 days and there’s nothing we can do for you!" I’m disgusted, $150 down the tubes because I didn’t call them within 30 days. I didn’t realize $150 would be enough for a company to want to lose a lifelong customer!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Their 'free' try on policy is anything but! What they don't tell you, anywhere, is that they put a collateral hold on whatever card you give them, which is no different than charging you and then refunding you when you send the frames back. This is a complete misrepresentation of 'free;' I'm filing a complaint w/ the state consumer protection authorities. If I had ANY idea they did this, I never would have allowed myself to deprived of my own money this way, and I now will not purchase their crap, or do any kind of business with them ever again.

Warby Parker author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 2010, Warby Parker offers a unique take on vision. Designing and selling vintage inspired frames, they give away a pair of glasses to someone in need for each pair that they sell.

• Funky, fun frames: Instead of moving toward minimal, Warby Parker designs stand out, making a fashion statement.

• Try before you buy: Warby Parker lets you pick up to five frames to try out before making a purchase. They ship you five samples to show off to your friends, you pick your favorites, they ship your prescription glasses and you return the samples with free return shipping.

• Multiple locations: Although Warby Parker is a boutique retailer, they have 13 locations nationwide, so buyers can often visit a store to check out the selection in person.

• Rainbow colors: Warby Parker sells their own designs, which are available in virtually every color of the rainbow.

• Sunglasses: In addition to their line of unique optical glasses, they also make some eyewear designed for fun in the sun.

Warby Parker Company Information