3.8/5 (143 ratings)

About Warby Parker

Warby Parker designs and sells prescription eyewear and sunglasses. For every pair of glasses sold, Warby Parker donates a pair of eyeglasses to someone in need around the world. Customers can shop in a Warby Parker store or have the company mail them up to five frames to try on at home.

Warby Parker Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warby Parker?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warby Parker?

Original review: April 30, 2021

I'm disabled and have a hard time working with the retail eyeglass stores. Warby Parker was an excellent alternative to what is usually a painful experience, both physically and financially. I used the home try-on to determine the best fit, then I ordered from the overall inventory. My glasses came 10 days earlier than predicted by the company.

The frames were exactly as they looked online. I chose a red, which can be very hard to match, but Warby Parker was spot on with the shade. The glasses fit perfectly. I've never been able to say my glasses have been comfy ... until now! They seem very sturdy, they look fantastic, and the price was right. I got the anti-glare coating, standard on all their lenses, and I added the blue light filter since I'm on the computer 24/7. That increased the bill by $50, but the total was still only $145. That's less than I've ever paid for glasses I absolutely love. All in all, this was the most pleasant experience and outcome!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I first worked with Warby Parker two years ago when I ordered my first pair of online glasses. They were very helpful and answered my numerous questions via the messenger service on their website. I ordered the 5 pair of try-on glasses and chose a pair that I liked. The whole process only took a few weeks. My progressive glasses arrived, and I was very pleased! I have had no problems whatsoever. I get a lot of compliments on my glasses! They are beautiful, sturdy, well made, and I absolutely love them!

Fast forward to today, and after a routine eye exam, my prescription changed, and it is necessary to get a new pair of glasses. Of course, I went to Warby Parker again after such a great first experience!! I don't recall if they had the virtual try on experience two years ago - but I don't think they did. I was able to virtually try on glasses, and I ordered 5 pair to try on at home.

Well, after I ordered the 5, I found even more that I liked and ordered 5 more. WP made an exception and sent me the second 5 before I returned the first 5! Yet again, it has been an amazing experience!!! I actually found a pair that I liked that isn't available for try on - but I ordered it in another color to see if I liked the way the frame looked on my face. I utilized the virtual try-on as well as the at home try-on and found the perfect frames! I can't wait until my new progressive frames arrive!!!! Warby Parker is a great company to work with. They have amazing eyeglasses that are gorgeous and affordable. I encourage you to give them a try!!!!

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I had 3 transactions with Warby Parker this year. I did the 5 pairs of glasses at home trial. I received them in a nice package, tried them on, and was able to find 3 pairs that I liked. I did an order for progressive lenses, which I received in a timely manner in a nice package. Unfortunately, I could not wear the glasses with the progressive prescription. Made me feel nauseous. I returned the glasses with ease, no questions asked. I then ordered 2 of the 3 pairs of glasses that I liked, with single vision lenses. Again, arrived in a timely manner, packaged nicely. Love the look and quality of the glasses. Single vision prescription works great for me. Highly recommend. All communications back and forth with WP were friendly, timely, and helpful. Love the cost too! Very affordable! I like to have several pairs of glasses to change my look and I'm able to buy several pairs given their low cost.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

So overall I'd like to rate my experience with Warby Parker as great. I ordered the at-home try on back in April and after thinking about it for a while I decided to order my favorite pair of the 5. I placed my order for prescription eyeglasses, a case, and lens cleaner on Aug. 1. I received the case and lens cleaner within a week. However, I just received my glasses today, Aug. 21. Although it took 20 days and I couldn't get ahold of anyone in customer service (800 number) or live chat, I'm really happy with the glasses! They fit really well and they are super cute! Both cases are great quality.

The glasses are supposed to take 7-10 business days. My prescription was what held up my order so definitely make sure you send them a photo of your prescription and your PD ASAP to speed things up. (Don't choose the call option!) I also ended up just calling my local store to process/confirm my order once I sent in my prescription, and the guy was super helpful. Now that I am more familiar with the process, I'm definitely looking into purchasing more pairs! :)

Original review: July 4, 2020

Fast delivery, selection is vast and glasses seem to be durable. I bought into the hype because my friends tell me Warby Parker is good. The first glasses I received didn't fit and was snug so I contacted customer service and explained the situation. I received a replacement and the replacement fits perfectly. The price is also a good factor. It's not cheap but it ain't too expensive also.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Beware. Warby Parker is big company. Once you order your glasses you will be entered into their "customer satisfaction machine." You will receive e-mail after e-mail about your order, sales promotions and customer satisfaction surveys. This is all great until you have a problem. If you do, don't expect a resolution. You can e-mail them or respond to one of their multiple emails to you. But the customer service representative that gets your e-mail won't ready it thoroughly. They will respond with some BS sales crap that won't address your issue. It will take an e-mail exchange of 4 or 5 e-mails before they will actually read about your problem. It helps if you pepper your e-mail with a few mild expletives. That seems to be the only way to really get their attention. They will then apologize for the bad service and ask that you "be patient."

Your problem will not be resolved, and you will be left sitting around waiting for weeks for the $500 pair of glasses you ordered weeks ago to be delivered....sometime. The date will move, but they won't tell you about it. Your "tracking" will indicate that you got you glasses last week. Then to rub salt in the wound, you'll get an e-mail asking about how you like your new, non-existent glasses? How are you adjusting to them? Please visit our website and buy more!! My sunglasses arrived with no issues, as promised. But I'm not Corey Hart and I don't want to wear my sunglasses at night! What I want is my regular glasses!!!!

Original review: March 24, 2021

A purchase of frame and lenses. The advertisement shows how flexible the temples are but they are not EXACTLY as described. In fact, when an accident happened, they bent and the hinge cracked as well. Warby Parker would not acknowledge the lack of integrity in the frames and would not fix or replace it without having to buy new frames.

Original review: March 22, 2021

So I have very bad vision and usually I get my glasses from my ophthalmologist... But Covid-19 happened and I needed to go online. I chose Warby Parker because of their variety and reputation. Well, as I said I have bad vision and with all the bells and whistles (which I wanted) I paid $475.00...the same I would pay my Doctor so that was fine, but don't expect any bargains. Warby Parker did a super job with my difficult prescription and I love my purple tortoiseshell frames BUT I have had to replace my lenses 2x within 10 months' time. It was no issue and Warby Parker replaced them no problem but I have never had lenses scratch so easily. I hope they fix this issue asap.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Well you get what you pay for, and don’t let anyone tell you different. To be honest my wife did the shopping. Warby Parker was the online seller, good selection. Four reading glasses for under $40.00, crystal clear and glossy frames. We buy yearly.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

OK so my experience with Warby Parker was it was very easy to pick out glasses. The website was easy to navigate. My glasses got here promptly... The one HUGE issue I ordered three pairs of glasses and all three of them if you wipe them off without the little lens towel they provide the lenses are filmy and greasy looking.. ALL 3 of my glasses.. so if you’re like me and you use the bottom of your shirt to wipe off your glasses they will have this filmy greasy looking coat on the lenses and this is on all three of my glasses! I have worn glasses for years and I’ve always been able to use a towel or a part of my shirt to wipe them clean. Not these glasses. You can only and I stress the word ONLY use their little glass lens cleaner they provide..Very frustrating! I would never recommend these glasses to anybody and I would never buy them again..

Warby Parker author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2010, Warby Parker offers a unique take on vision. Designing and selling vintage inspired frames, they give away a pair of glasses to someone in need for each pair that they sell.

• Funky, fun frames: Instead of moving toward minimal, Warby Parker designs stand out, making a fashion statement.

• Try before you buy: Warby Parker lets you pick up to five frames to try out before making a purchase. They ship you five samples to show off to your friends, you pick your favorites, they ship your prescription glasses and you return the samples with free return shipping.

• Multiple locations: Although Warby Parker is a boutique retailer, they have 13 locations nationwide, so buyers can often visit a store to check out the selection in person.

• Rainbow colors: Warby Parker sells their own designs, which are available in virtually every color of the rainbow.

• Sunglasses: In addition to their line of unique optical glasses, they also make some eyewear designed for fun in the sun.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team