3.5/5 (155 ratings)

About Warby Parker

Warby Parker designs and sells prescription eyewear and sunglasses. For every pair of glasses sold, Warby Parker donates a pair of eyeglasses to someone in need around the world. Customers can shop in a Warby Parker store or have the company mail them up to five frames to try on at home.

Warby Parker Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warby Parker?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warby Parker?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

There's lots of pretty redundant reviews about Warby P. It seems like they aren't educated or read enough on the issues they have. Here are the common problems I read, with what you really need to know.

-People complaining about problems with their PolyCarbonate Scratch resistant lens, yes, they will scratch. They're just more 'Resistant.' Not, 'Scratch Free...' nowhere does it say that.

And with the people complaining about headaches and their lenses, that has nothing to do with lenses.

-This has to do with people not getting their Pupil Distance measurement with their Optometrist (Which you need to manually ask for, they won't just give it to you that can cause issues with vision as your eyes need to be aligned with the mid point of your lens). Also as said in the Warby Parker small handbook they give "New prescriptions will cause headaches and straining over the course of a few days." Now I will say the application they have for pupil distance won't always be accurate because you're using your phone cameras, so it's not the most reliant way to work with that aspect but not horrible either, just not preferred if you want highly accurate readings.

-Then about the UV Light, the coating was most likely damaged to exposure of some chemical which can damage any coating. Of common sense, this can be hair sprays, alcohol solvent solutions or anything of similar kind which can damage it if not cleaned off.

With my experience with Warby parker, in my simple terms. -> It is great. I went into my Optometrist, got my prescription, my girlfriend told me about Warby Parker as she has used this company before, instead of me using my old store vision works. Sure enough I did their quiz on what glasses would work best for me. Narrow, I ordered the 'Robbie' in Antique Silver with Single-vision, blue-light-filtering, scratch polycarbonate lenses with my uploaded image prescription from what I was given from my doctor.

The glasses are amazing quality, perfect fit no need to adjust (As some will actually need to also said in small booklet given). I received them extremely faster than expected with the extra $20 shipping. My vision was straining at first because of how worn my old glasses were, and they were a bit big. I had them for about 3 years. I'm 21 now and these are what I needed big time. I wanted to make sure what I was buying was worth it, so out of $200 I got my money's worth happily out of their glasses. (You get what you pay for) I received my glasses earlier today. I have never wanted to write a review. Until today. Got yourself a long term client. Thank you Warby P.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I need new glasses and really enjoy the Warby Parker style. I love their style and classic look. I love the thought of ordering from home but wonder if they are able to properly fit me with measurement that I performed. I need new glasses and hope to win.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

It was easy to find a pair of glasses that I love and are comfy. Being able to try on 5 pairs of frames without the pressure of someone watching you in the eye doctor's office allowed me to really check for comfort, since I've had painful glasses in the past (can you tell I'm all about comfort??). Plus, I was able to use my FSA to pay for them. I would use them again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I'm on my 3rd pair of glasses from Warby Parker. I've loved them all. The online ordering process is pretty easy, and especially nice during Covid. There are a lot of follow up emails to make sure they are perfect, and helpful instructions on how to adjust them. I don't live anywhere near a Warby Parker store so the online experience is great!

Original review: July 29, 2021

The online service is user friendly. If you do not understand something you can call to get clarification. When you order glasses, and forget something the site will let you know. The glasses are stylish. If you have problems easy return or go into a store. The prices are reasonable.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 20, 2022

I paid $350 for a pair of glasses that I don't think I will ever receive. Any company who chooses Lasership as their shipping company will get scathing reviews from their customers. While I recognize that the shipping problems do not reflect the quality of Warby Parker glasses - which I love - it is a choice that companies are making to save money on shipping. And it is a very poor choice. Lasership has a 96% 1 star rating and is rated last among more than 200 shipping companies.

Warby Parker, please reconsider the savings of using this company when it impacts customer satisfaction of your products to this extent. I will review my glasses, when and if I ever get them. I just really hope my vision hasn't changed by then...

Warby Parker response

Hi Tish - Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us. We are incredibly sorry to hear about your experience, and we would love to help from here.

Would you mind sending us a message with either your email address or order number? We will be able to look further into this from there.

Thank you again for reaching out to our team!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 2, 2022

I purchased frames from Warby Parker to have them install an anti fatigue lens, which isn’t prescription, they advertise this as an option on website. They had my frames for a month, endless conversations with customer service….and they still screwed it up. All involved was have a reading lens in the lower third of the otherwise I corrected lens which again is in their website…. so I received the glasses and they had done the entire lens in my reading strength. So I have to take them off and put them on constantly, which was the whole point of getting the anti fatigue lens in the first place! Talked to a manager who was beyond illsuited for her job.

Warby Parker response

Hi Anne - I am incredibly sorry to hear about your experience, and we would love to help from here. Please send us a message with your email address or order number and we can take it from there. We looking forward to helping get this resolved!

Resolution response: May 2, 2022

I have already worked with a customer service rep to have an exchange processed, I'll update my review once I receive the new pair and have an opportunity to test the quality.

Original review: May 1, 2022

This is my second pair of Avery reading glasses. The first pair, the screws all feel out within a matter of months, I've never had that happen with any glasses I've owned before including the $10 ones I got of Amazon, but I thought it was a fluke. I really liked the style so I purchased another pair of Avery reading glasses, for over $100. Within a week all of the screws fell out, they will not thread when I try to screw them back in. Reached out to Warby Parker and they have no replacement parts, this is clearly a product issue, I wouldn't recommend anyone spend their money on such poor quality glasses, there are so many other options out there, at a better price point. They offered me an exchange for them since I'm within 30 days of the purchase, but what's the point if they're just going to fall apart again a week later!

Warby Parker response

Hi Debra - thank you very much for reaching out to us. I am so sorry to hear about this - this absolutely should not have happened.

Please message us your order number or your email address and we would be more than happy to setup an exchange for a brand new pair of glasses. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Original review: April 30, 2022

WP uses Laser Ship for delivery and they have proven to be completely incompetent. Confirmed address multiple times and called local distribution Ctr and they were not helpful and don’t seem to care. Original order Feb. 25, 2022 and finally gave up on getting glasses today, April 30, 2022. This company’s service is a total failure.

Warby Parker response

Hi Will - we are so sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced with your delivery. This is absolutely not the experience we aim to provide our customers. Would you mind following up with your order number? We would love to look into this further!

Resolution response: May 26, 2022

The company responded to my complaint and replaced my glasses.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I purchased a pair of frames and everything was great until I received them and a screw promptly fell out. Since there are no stores near me I asked if they could send me replacement screws. At first they said yes, but then a couple days later they informed me that they were no longer shipping replacement items. Um, excuse me? After spending a fortune on replacement screws and realizing none of them fit, I’m stuck with glasses I have to tape together until my insurance will pay for a new pair in a year. Terrible experience and they will never get my business again.

Warby Parker response

Hi Jodi - thank you very much for reaching out to us. I am so sorry to hear about this.

Warby Parker author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 2010, Warby Parker offers a unique take on vision. Designing and selling vintage inspired frames, they give away a pair of glasses to someone in need for each pair that they sell.

• Funky, fun frames: Instead of moving toward minimal, Warby Parker designs stand out, making a fashion statement.

• Try before you buy: Warby Parker lets you pick up to five frames to try out before making a purchase. They ship you five samples to show off to your friends, you pick your favorites, they ship your prescription glasses and you return the samples with free return shipping.

• Multiple locations: Although Warby Parker is a boutique retailer, they have 13 locations nationwide, so buyers can often visit a store to check out the selection in person.

• Rainbow colors: Warby Parker sells their own designs, which are available in virtually every color of the rainbow.

• Sunglasses: In addition to their line of unique optical glasses, they also make some eyewear designed for fun in the sun.

Warby Parker Company Information