2.74/5

51 Warby Parker Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 13, 2019

I have gone 3 separate times to get the glasses adjusted and the opticians just can’t get them right. The glasses now have scratches and dents from them trying to adjust them. They are too tight, hurt my nose and ears, and leaves dents on my face. Warby Parker either needs to get the glasses fit right or get new personnel who can get the job done correctly.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have purchased glasses at LensCrafters and several opticians offices paying a fortune. I thought I’d give Warby Parker a try. I have purchased computer glasses, distance glasses and mirrored lenses prescription sunglasses. I’m very happy with all three. I’ve received the most compliments I’ve ever received on my glasses. They fit great. The lenses are perfect. I’m very picky but can’t find any fault with any of them. The customer service is excellent and the shipping very fast. I find the review where the guy had a meltdown I’ve taking 10 days. That’s how long all my glasses took that I purchased from my optometrist office. 7-10 business days. Warby Parker was far quicker. The inlaid frames from Italy are gorgeous! I’m sold on the company.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2019

If you are able to wait 10 days to receive your finished glasses, and willing to drive back to the store to have them adjusted to your face, then this company is for you. If this is not reasonable to you, do not fall for the five day expedited shipping promise, and just spend your money elsewhere. I picked out and ordered my glasses at their store in Baltimore, MD. on the 24th of February. One pair of everyday progressive lens glasses and one pair of progressive sunglasses for a grand total of $870.00. The salesperson said it would take 10 days. I told him I can't wait that long. He then says he can have the shipping expedited, and that I would receive them in 5 days. I agreed to go through with the sale.

I received my my everyday glasses on the 5th of March (exactly 10 days.) No sign of the sunglasses. I try them on and realize there was something wrong with the left lens. Called customer service, and was told the salesperson wrote down the wrong prescription for the left lens (both lenses had the same prescription.) I then tell her to please cancel the order and refund my money so that I can get a pair of glasses from another company that day. She informed me she couldn't refund the money until they received the returned glasses. Then she says (here it comes again), "We can expedite the shipping so you will have them in 5 days." I said "Can you promise that?" She said, "Yes I can. You will have the new pair in 5 days."

So now I'm thinking that's going to be faster than returning them and waiting for the refund, so I again agreed. Little did I know, I just agreed to be another Warby Parker fool again. So where are we at? 11 days one pair of useless glasses and one missing pair of sunglasses. Oh, and the sunglasses arrived on the 7th, (13 days.) It can't get worse right? Just keep reading... It's now March 11th, 5 days, no glasses. March 12th, nothing. March 13th, message from Warby Parker: "CONGRATULATIONS! Your order (my everyday glasses) have just shipped," and I should be receiving my corrected pair of glasses in 1 to 2 days. (Not a word about my sunglasses). So let's see, that's 9 more days. So day 19, I should be receiving my eyeglasses only. No sunglasses. You can probably figure out my mindset at this point. I'm ready to let someone know how frustrated I am.

I calm down and make the call. "Hello, where are my damn glasses?" "They're on their way sir." "What is taking so long?" "Your glasses must have had a difficult prescription to cut." Did the customer service rep know that my prescription was difficult? "No sir." She couldn't possibly have known that. (Of course I knew that.) Then how could she possibly promise my glasses would arrive in 5 days? (Silence) "Where are my sunglasses?" "It appears they are still in the lab waiting to be cut." (I'm calculating in my head when they would arrive if they cut them today.) "So you are telling me that I won't get my sunglasses until March 23rd? One month after the original order? That's unacceptable! You better make this right!" "There is nothing I can do sir." "I want to talk to your supervisor!" She says nothing, and puts me on hold.

5 minutes later she tells me her supervisor will take 150.00 off of my bill. "No, you have to do way better than that!" "That's all he can do sir." "Get him on the phone! He's going to better than that!" She again says nothing and puts me on hold. 5 minutes later she informs me that he agreed to take 250.00 off of my bill. "I thought you said 150.00 was all he could do?" "Well, once I explained to him that your sunglasses were still in the lab, he agreed to the 250.00 refund." "That is not good enough. GET HIM ON THE DAMN PHONE!"

10 minutes later he finally gets on the phone. "Sir, that's the best I can do." "Well that's not good enough. This is what we are gonna do, you are going to call the lab and have them cut my lenses TODAY! Then you're going to tell them to overnight my sunglasses so that I receive them tomorrow! And you can keep your damn 250.00 refund!" "Sorry sir but I'm not able to do that." "Sure you can, just do it. You'll score points with your manager, you'll spend about 50.00 on shipping instead of the 250.00 refund. You're saving the company 200.00. You might even get a certificate of achievement out of all this." "Sorry sir, I can't do that."

"THEN STOP LYING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS ABOUT THE 5 DAY EXPEDITED SHIPPING! CAN YOU DO THAT?" "Is there anything else I can do for you sir?" WHOOSH (That's the sound of my cell phone flying across my front yard). UPDATE: Literally 5 minutes ago, my sunglasses just arrived. It's 2:00 pm March 21st. 27 days from the original order. What have I learned? Warby Parker will say (not do) anything to keep a sale. Don't be a fool like me.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I've purchased glasses for 40+ years, wear part time after taking out contact lenses. Best eyeglass value I've ever had, at $125. I wear 10 diopter lenses, and paid $30 for high index lenses, result was fine for me. Liked the trial frames process, easy ordering, helpful customer service when I had a question. Quick delivery (4 days after order). Frames acceptable, lenses excellent. At this price point, was an extraordinary value. Definitely recommend, will order another pair as backup/alternate.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Warby Parker uses different manufacturers for their glasses. I received one pair that seemed quality, but had a scratch. Customer service was very proactive, they sent another pair. The next pair arrived and felt like they came from the Dollar Store. Very poorly made. The lenses were not set or cut right not even glued in place. They were thinner and flimsy. The lenses were moving around in the frame and can easily be pushed out of the frame while cleaning them. Definitely not the quality you would expect, but as companies get more positive reputation they start cutting back on product quality. I am making this review in case others have the same experience, as I was told it is unheard of. I highly recommend a review of product quality control.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warby Parker?

Original review: March 3, 2019

It seems most customers haven’t read “The Tipping Point.” It proves, statistically, satisfied customers do not write reviews. Disappointed customers write a disproportionate number of reviews. Those whose expectations were met, they carry on, no reviews. Those who feel even slightly slighted (pun intended) find every review site & pile it on. This is a FINE company, great product, great customer service. Their service far exceeds other online eyeglasses retailers. IGNORE “it’s a scam”. IGNORE reviews from those who forget how much glasses cost (maybe they have Medicaid, for the rest of us, glasses can be VERY expensive!!!)

This company stands behind their products. They work hard, as in the at-home-trial, to ensure customer satisfaction. They provide the gift of sight to developing counties. Complainers complain... My glasses arrived quickly, I feel secure w/ their anti-scratch warranty. Anyone who expects more for $95 is insane. I strongly recommend this company!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I've had LASIK twice and still wear a low prescription for distance. Warby Parker has come through for me every time - I just ordered my 5th new pair from them. Prescription, transition, prescription sunglasses: I've tried them all. The folks in the store were immensely helpful and so nice on my first visit, offering stickers to engage my little one and giving me recommendations on how well the pairs I selected would work. I've never run into trouble with the home try-on, which is how I ordered all the rest of my glasses. While I prefer in-store for higher prescriptions (which I used to have) and I have had problems with other discounted eyewear companies, Warby Parker has a customer and advocate for life. I get compliments on every pair I have from them, and they've held up extraordinarily well. I store them in the case or in the sunglasses cubby of my car when not in use.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

This company is a scam. I fell for their home-try-on services. Scam. They are very quick to send try-ons. They are very quick to charge your account. But you will never actually see the product you purchased. I ordered a pair of prescription eyeglasses. When time had elapsed beyond their promised delivery time, I called to inquire about my order. The representative told me the order was confirmed delivered, even though the tracking information I had did not reflect they even shipped. She said, "Sometimes USPS Mark's tones as delivered before they have been." What? This had never been my experience with the postal service in my 36 years. They said they would expedite a new pair to me.

More time went by. The second order never arrived. This time, the tracking record did reflect delivery. But again, I had received nothing. I received the exact same email with the exact same wording and the exact same promises. I called again to inquire about this order. She literally, word for word, repeated the EXACT SAME THING as her colleague before her. She claimed they arrived the day prior, while I had actually received nothing. She claimed that the postal service sometimes Mark's tones delivered even when they have not been. Same promises. Same claim. Same lies. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. 100% SCAM.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I was so excited to buy inexpensive and stylish glasses. They looked great and for the first week, everything was fine. Shopped online then went to a brick and mortar location to have them fitted. Then the left lens became scratched for no reason at all. Right lens had been perfectly fine. Clearly an issue where the lens wasn't treated. No big deal, right? I contacted Warby Parker and they told me to send back the glasses and they'd replace them. And my response was "how am I supposed to see while I wait?" They were totally unprepared for a consumer with only one pair of glasses.

At the price point, I would imagine more WB customers have this issue. They agreed to make an exception and send me a new pair. A week go by and I hear nothing, get nothing new. I reach out and they hadn't placed my new order. I'm beginning to get headaches since the lens is now extremely scratched. They assured me they'd work on my request. Weeks go by with no update. Finally reached back out and get a flimsy excuse about the lab being delayed. Still no glasses. No real apologies or acknowledgment that this serious and causing me headaches. I will never buy from this company again. They are cheap for a reason. You get what you pay for.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I received my new WP glasses today. They are supposed to be exact copies of what I purchased from my optometrist/optician. They aren't and they make me sick. Calling customer service means an one hour wait on hold. I gave up on that. So much for glasses online.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I had high hopes for the frames that I bought from Warby Parker. They had a well designed website, and a wide selection of frames. It seemed like a good idea to use the home try on first. The whole try on process went very very well. I found that the Hardy frames fit the best, and they looked quite nice. From here on, I should have been a lifelong customer. Warby Parker should have been my go to place to buy glasses.

Ironically enough, the Hardy frames were not hardy. First, they were ridiculously uneven, a local shop was able to fix it with ease. Although, within 2 months they started stretching and twisting. I don’t know what it was, and why they became so loose. I decided to deal with them for a while. Soon enough, one of the ends of the glasses cracked. They are sitting next to me right now, with the end about to snap right off. I know that these glasses were cheap, and that low prices don’t always mean great quality, but this experience was disappointing. I will not be using this service again, and discouraging everyone that I know to buy from this company.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

So I went to WP because they seemed to have a good selection of frames and seemed cheaper than LensCrafters or Pearle Vision. The people were very nice. HOWEVER they let me buy a pair of frames that they should have known would not accommodate my prescription. Sure enough when the glasses came I could not read. Went back to my eye doctor. He said, "These frames cannot accommodate your prescription"--they should have known that. And they should have. Had no issue exchanging for different frames but they promised me I would have them in a week and it took two weeks. Not entirely satisfied with new pair. They are progressive lenses and the reading part is still a bit too small.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Buying glasses online, in my opinion, is not a good idea. There was much difficulty in submitting measurements. Although they credited me 60 dollars for not delivering by Xmas, the glasses have not arrived by 1/4 and I’ve received no response from my multiple emails re status. Frustrating!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

This is my second order from WP and am very pleased with the experience overall. Their customer service is among the best I've dealt with for online companies. Their glasses are very durable and are more my style than what I can usually find elsewhere. The Home Try On makes me feel confident in ordering and they are very helpful when it comes to assisting in filing insurance claims. They are very communicative during the entire process. I've worn glasses for 20+ years and WP is my go-to now. Just make sure your prescription is valid, complete, and uploaded correctly. They will usually let you know if you forgot to upload it with your order and I've been contacted in a timely manner when an issue arises. They also have a return policy - I've never been able to return glasses to my local "chain" shop if I didn't like them - which makes me confident in choosing WP.

The only problem I had during this order was with the USPS taking an extra week to deliver. This, however, is NOT an issue with WP. Some of the other reviews are taking issue with what I feel is more of a USPS problem. Once it leaves WP's hands, it's all on USPS to get it there. I would gladly pay a little extra in shipping (which is normally FREE, a very nice perk) to get my order via a more reliable carrier. Hoping they add that option in future.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I ordered the try at home pair and fell in love with a pair and ordered them within three days. I tracked my package all the way up until it said was delivered at 3:30pm and I was home all day and received nothing. I am on the verge of legally blind and am stressed about not being able to drive and see when I’m in class. I even received another text from them at 7:30pm saying it was delivered and again, never heard a door and my mailbox is completely empty. I’m beyond frustrated because they also don’t have after hours customer service so I’m stuck blind again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Ordering online out of the last 4 companies I've tried Warby Parker has been the best. The online chat option was easy and fast. The fares are stronger than many out there at the price range. All thumbs up for me. Awesome company, easy to work with & they donate.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Went in store to try on my glasses, after 30 minutes, decided to purchase them. I gave them my prescription and after 3 days of the order, I get an email saying my prescription was expired. Apparently, the guy in the store entered my prescription as expired date when it was the issued date. Would've taken another 10 business day to ship.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

None of the glasses I ordered looked anything like the photos. Not even close. Red was dark brown, translucent grey-blue was a dark charcoal, a translucent brown was completely dark brown, circular frames were square. Don’t waste your time with this online service.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I went to Warby Parker's website to save money, and I did. I came away with satisfactory prescription eyeglasses in the end, but with some bumps in the road to get there. If you are going to order from WP, first figure out how you are going to get the frames adjusted -- you know, that bending of the side pieces that go back over your ears and of the nose pads that sit on the bridge of your nose so that the glasses stay put and don't hurt you. I sort of figured I would skip that step, or do it myself. Wrong! The glasses hurt like hell! Twice, I drove to a WP store -- the nearest one being pretty inconveniently far -- to get them adjusted. The adjustment wasn't good. Finally I went to a local storefront optician and she adjusted them for free, and then they stopped hurting me. She remarked, "They were way out of alignment. Did something happen to them?" I confessed I had tried to adjust them myself.

Now to the prescription. The good: I have a very challenging, expensive prescription. Cylinder of 8, which many labs cannot even do, along with being progressive, spherical correction of 4 at distance and plus 2.5 for the reading portion, and prism. They did it perfectly -- on the second pair. There had to be a second pair because after getting the first pair I went back to the eye doc and complained I still had double vision. There was no prism correction specified in her original prescription for me. She added some. WP made me a second pair for free (these glasses are $375 each from WP and more like $700 elsewhere)! Then I went to a different eye doc for a second opinion, bringing both pairs.

She found that the first pair had been made wrong: It actually had prism in one lens and it was prism going in the wrong direction, thereby making my double vision tendency worse. She said the second pair was made perfectly and she also agreed with the second prescription that added prism. The new glasses give me the best vision of any I have had in decades, thanks to the addition of prism (going in the right direction). So, to sum up -- Bad experience on the fitting. Bad experience on one out of two on the accuracy of the lens-making. Great experience on the price. Fabulous experience on them being willing to make a second pair for free when my prescription changed (and before I knew the first pair was made wrong).

Oddly, it was probably their error in making the first pair that motivated me to finally insist on a solution to my double-vision problem. The first pair made the problem worse, sending me to the internet to research double vision. I have had this problem for years, and complained of it to my eye docs, and they did not fix it. Armed with my new knowledge from internet research, I marched into the doctor and just flatly said: "Please check whether adding prism correction to my prescription would help me keep the images merged from the right and left eye." She was very surprised, but she did check, and she did find I needed prism. (She did not find the error in the first pair of WP glasses. That was the second doc that did.)

All's well that ends well. I don't feel great about having to exploit the generosity of other opticians to get the eyeglasses adjusted after they arrive, but the dollar savings for me is pretty irresistible. After you get them, do take the glasses to your eye doc to verify the lenses were ground correctly, and ask them to not just check the sphere and cylinder, but also whether there is any prism that should not be there. That advice applies equally to any other place you have glasses made.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Warby Parker offers a Home Try-On for free where you can select 5 frames to choose from and you can test it out for 5 days. I wanted to cancel my order 10 minutes after placing it and when I went to call WP the representative said they couldn't cancel it because they're not able to and they're "working as fast as they can to ship the product out to me ASAP." I talked to several more representatives after that and they all said the same thing. What is the point of doing all of that if I don't even want the product? IT'S A WASTE OF TIME.

WP should be allowed to cancel orders if the customer calls to cancel it at least 30 min after placing the order. I called 10 MINUTES after. I talked to a woman named Cicely and she emailed me the pre-paid return slip before I even got my package which was really helpful. Once I received my order I had my pre-paid return slip ready to go and the moment the mailman handed me the package I attached the return slip on the box and handed it right back to him. I would have given this company one star but because of Cicely I'm giving it three because she was very helpful and reassuring than the other representatives I spoke with.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I registered to try 5 frames free. They all arrived within the week I requested. Picked a frame, mailed them back, sent in prescription - I now have a pair of awesome, wonderful, quality glasses. They are everything I hoped for and more. The company was responsive and prompt. Doesn't get better than that.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I ordered two pairs of glasses from Warby Parker because I have heard many good things about them when they first came into business. However, they didn’t live up to my expectations. The try-ons arrived within a week. I tried them and made my order. A week later after sending all required information and being charged for glasses I have yet to received, nothing has happened. Warby Parker claims that the glasses were shipped but their tracking number shows just a shipment notification. I called them and wasted time talking to someone who just repeated what he saw on the screen. I have not received my glasses by next week, I am canceling the order and putting a fraud claim in my credit card. I am not doing any business with these people again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have never bought glasses except from an optometrist in my entire life, until now. I have terrible near-sightedness with astigmatism, so I cannot even get contacts in my perfect Rx, because they don't even make them that high. My glasses used to be crazy thick, so I always just thought I had to have them specially done by an eye doctor. A new pair would typically run me about $400+.

When I saw WP recommended in a blog post I couldn't resist checking out the price and at-home try-on deal, even though I saw some not-so-promising reviews. So at first, I was skeptical of WP. And, I mean, $95 per frame and Rx lenses? Okay, sure. Wait till I have to add all the bells and whistles, I thought. Nope! I was completely wrong. $125 for my glasses, frames, and high index lenses (to make them thinner). They don't even tack shipping on.

Plus they sent me my 5 trial pairs (completely FREE with NO COMMITMENT), out of which I found a really cute pair. My old glasses are comfy for about 12 hours before the bruising starts to be unbearable on the bridge of my nose. Seriously -- real bruises. By having a 5 day trial I was able to wear my chosen frames around a bit with my contacts to see how much they slid around, bruised, pinched, whatever. They never did at all!

Rather than standing in the fluorescent lights of your eye doc's office trying on pairs with strangers all around, you get a test-drive for these. You can ask friends, family, try them indoors and out. It's pretty awesome actually. Then at day 5, slap some tape on the box with the provided return slip and drop it in the mail. That easy! I had a few minor hiccups ordering, like getting my pupillary distance measurements correctly, but WP has a simple page on their website to walk you through it. And if you still have questions, they have people ready to chat within about 30 seconds online. They were very polite and helpful every step of the way.

Once it was all set, Rx sent, choices narrowed down, etc, they ship them out FAST. Plus you get a basic glasses case, a cleaning cloth and they say for every pair sold they give a pair to someone in need. Seriously?!? How cool is that?!? My husband went thru the same process. Easy as can be. Now he has a really sharp pair in his Rx. (I'm actually a bit jealous cause they suit him SO well. ;-p) He is a big guy and the distance from his temples to ears is longer than average, so we were able to find a pair that sat nice and level and fit him WAY better than his old pair. Start to finish, his whole experience went as easy and stress-free as mine.

On top of that, it cost us significantly LESS $ to buy us BOTH new Rx glasses than it usually cost for a single pair. Even if the glasses don't hold up quite as well, or we didn't get the fancy extras, I honestly think it's worth it. For the price difference, if they give me a few good years of use, they are absolutely worth it. If I HAD to find something I didn't 100% love about my experience with WP, it's this: The try-on pair was a bit lighter colored tortoiseshell of my new frames. Probably just a fluke and not worth bothering to press for a new pair. But with the "30 day hassle free returns" and the great customer service we got, I think I would have no problem if I wanted to change them. Truthfully, I like this color too, so it's all good.

The lenses do that weird optical illusion thing when you are at an angle, making your face look cut off. So they will likely look awful in pictures. Usually I wear contacts anyway for photos, and I forgot to even mention that fancy add-on option that my old glasses have. C'est la vie. It isn't anything I'm worried about. But if you are, you might want to ask in advance. Finally, if they made you enter your PD at checkout, it would have saved us a few days, but in the end, it was just fine. Easily as fast as my optometrist's office (if not faster, all the way to MI!) and they were polite, patient and helpful every step. In the end, my hubby and I both got sharp, comfortable eyeglasses for a great price and with little hassle. We have already shared the website with a few other people and will continue. Who thought buying new glasses could actually be fun?!? Thanks Warby Parker!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Visited the Berkeley store and found 2 frames I really liked, and purchased them. I have 2 prescriptions, reading & computer glasses. Left the store happy. The receipt never arrived in my inbox so I called. Can't reach the store. It all goes to a central #, ok. But they had no record of my purchase. After some research, the rep said the sales clerk entered my email and last name incorrectly. She also told me they cannot change the email at this point (???) but she would send a confirmation & I could reply to with my prescriptions. A workaround for sure but I waited a few days and nothing came. I called again. This rep was also very nice, & said she would personally follow my order to make sure it is fulfilled. This one told me to upload my prescriptions.

After that call I was emailed a survey, so I know they have my correct email address now. Although she was helpful, I did not complete survey. I want results not just a friendly chat. I followed her instructions to upload photos of my prescriptions with the order # which she gave me, & a specific request for confirmation, and waited. And waited. Never received an email or a call to follow up. Pathetic! I've given up. 2 stars for nice looking frames & that they never charged my credit card (though I'm keeping an eye on it). Everything else is a disaster, not to mention they don't even take insurance! Don't bother!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I purchased a pair of sunglasses in March 2018 (non-prescription). By August, the small logo plaque on the inside of one earpiece had fallen out, leaving stringy glue in its place. It's a relatively minor issue, but given the time frame and the $150 price tag, I expected better quality. I own several pairs of sunglasses that I rotate, so these were worn maybe once a week, on average, and yet in under six months, the frames were already coming apart.

I went into a store to ask about it and was told that the frames only have a 30 day warranty. I chatted to a customer service rep online who told me that the store should have provided me more options, and that she would flag this oversight to a supervisor (meanwhile, she did not bother to offer me more options herself). Overall, with prices twice what the quality is apparently worth, and customer service who doesn't seem to care, this is not a company worth spending your money on.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I went into the store to browse, not expecting to make a purchase, but after trying on some great looking frames and seeing they were half the price I'd been seeing elsewhere, I was hooked. I'd looked at WP previously but at the time they weren't doing transitional lenses and that's what I'd been getting. They now do and I got a fabulous pair with transition and progressives included. They marked them and the frames just arrived by mail (sooner than expected) and are perfect. And I love the company's efforts to do good by contributing a pair of glasses for each one purchased.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

What a waste of time ordering, can’t get a straight answer. The glasses are delayed. No follow up regarding the order & lastly a supervisor just told me it was my fault having for complex prescription.

Original review: July 2, 2018

On 6/29/18 Warby Parker charged me $472.50, for a home try-on, over a month after I had sent it back and received a confirmation from Warby Parker saying that they had received it. Their solution was to offer me an insulting $15 coupon (which really only helps them because it would end with them making money) and telling me that my money would be refunded in 7-10 days. What a feeble attempt at rectifying such a major mistake. Never again would I do business with them, or recommend that anyone else should. AWFUL customer service.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I am a physician. I ordered two pair of prescription sunglasses from Warby Parker. The glasses did not arrive. To my dismay they had sent a spam email telling me that my prescription did not have a signature and was not valid. This has cost me weeks of summer without sunglasses. This is not acceptable.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I shared the following email with their customer support team, and was essentially told "sorry, we'll get your frames to you soon." This is my second time ordering with Warby Parker and both times have been disruptive, and not in the good, cool way. I like the idea of the company, the final product - and even take my share of responsibility for the shipping address issues, but there has got to be a better system for handling order issues than what I've encountered thus far with Warby Parker.

Let's review, just for the record: Earlier this year, I ordered sunglasses. I paid my order, uploaded a prescription, and was billed. Then, I needed to update my prescription info. Then, all over email, I'm getting sold into an additional $130 for high index lenses, instead of making that suggestion at my point of purchase. Then, a debacle about my shipping address, getting the address fixed, and glasses sent to me. I made a really bad assumption when this process was completed, which is that Warby Parker had updated my shipping address internally so if I were to order again, the address would be correct and I wouldn't have to think about it again.

The glasses are great, by the way, but the "seamless order online" glasses experience is kinda disrupted by this process. So, not a great experience, but it's still cheaper than LensCrafters, right? Especially for high index lenses, and especially when you're not a snob about Ray-Bans. With my prescription, payment info, and shipping address all already saved from my last order, I think I ordered my new glasses in 15 minutes altogether. That's awesome. That beats an hour of getting sold on blue light filter oleophobic high-tech ultraUV elite deluxe plus lenses that aren't covered by your insurance any day.

But alas, my address wasn't updated. And I totally get that, as a CS team, your team reaction is probably: Why can't this jerk just put his address in correctly? I made an assumption, which is that WP would update my address after the last shipping issue. That wasn't the case, and I should have double-checked with my new order instead of breezing through the order process without thinking. I get it.

Last Friday, I get an email that my address might be wrong and we'll get it fixed up ASAP. I do, I reply with a more sensible address in just 3 minutes. WP tells me it's updated and they usually get info back from UPS within 24 hours. By Tuesday, I haven't heard back from WP at all and I'm following up because UPS shows that nothing has changed on my order at all.

On Wednesday, I'm following up again and still have seen no update. At this point, 4 days have passed and I feel like I'm responsible for chasing down my glasses. Sarah tells me that they're setting up an "expedited reshipment" and then I get this email that says my glasses are being completely remade with no expedited shipping on the order, and I'm chasing down an email that explains what's actually going on, if glasses are being sent at all, if my original pair might just show up, etc. Not only that, but you'll send me a "prepaid return shipping label" if 2 packages end up at my house for some reason?

How could that even happen if we think my package was re-routed, that it somehow ends up at my house, and then I'm on to request a return prepaid label? And then to say "I refunded the $30 for expedited shipping on your original order as an apology for the delay" - which was sent by Sarah before it was explained to me that my new order would have it added complimentary... At some point, you're starting to think this just wasn't worth the hassle at all.

Let me be totally clear: I get it. I'm the idiot that put a semi-funky address into my first order, and then I'm the fool that thought that WP might have updated my address internally. But I also want to be totally clear: I never complain about customer service. Chewy.com lost my cat tree for like 3 months and I just kinda shrugged. My boyfriend gets mad when Target won't accept a return, and I just walk to the car because I'm usually down to just write things off as my own mistake. But this is kinda ridiculous. I could have gone to LensCrafters and ordered, picked up, wore, and returned 4 pairs of glasses at this point, and exchanged 10 fewer emails about the order in the process.

There has to be a better way of communicating with customers, updating orders, and addressing shipping issues. They're gonna happen! It's a part of ecommerce to get a wrong street, a missing apartment number, and just generally have issues. Meanwhile, my boyfriend's glasses just come in the mail and there's nothing else to say about it. He's had a great experience, so maybe it's just a "me" problem. Either way, hope you guys find a better way to handle customer issue tracking and that some of this feedback has been helpful.

Warby Parker expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2010, Warby Parker offers a unique take on vision. Designing and selling vintage inspired frames, they give away a pair of glasses to someone in need for each pair that they sell.

• Funky, fun frames: Instead of moving toward minimal, Warby Parker designs stand out, making a fashion statement.

• Try before you buy: Warby Parker lets you pick up to five frames to try out before making a purchase. They ship you five samples to show off to your friends, you pick your favorites, they ship your prescription glasses and you return the samples with free return shipping.

• Multiple locations: Although Warby Parker is a boutique retailer, they have 13 locations nationwide, so buyers can often visit a store to check out the selection in person.

• Rainbow colors: Warby Parker sells their own designs, which are available in virtually every color of the rainbow.

• Sunglasses: In addition to their line of unique optical glasses, they also make some eyewear designed for fun in the sun.

• Best for: Teens and Professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs