3.4/5 (418 ratings)

About Warby Parker

Warby Parker designs and sells prescription eyewear and sunglasses. For every pair of glasses sold, Warby Parker donates a pair of eyeglasses to someone in need around the world. Customers can shop in a Warby Parker store or have the company mail them up to five frames to try on at home.

Warby Parker Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warby Parker?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warby Parker?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

I responded to an email from Warby Parker on 10/9/2022. They clarified I wanted single vision and not progressives. I also told them my PD was 61. I had it measured at the eye doctor’s. They ignored that and went by their measurement from their terrible PD software and made the lenses with a PD of 59. Since I have had these glasses I feel sick and have constant headaches. I look at the script on their website and see they ignored what I said. I am furious and the glasses have made me so sick for over a month.

Warby Parker response

Hi Rachael — thank you for reaching out about this. We are so sorry to hear about this and we would love to help from here. Please message us your order number or email address and we will follow up with you.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I paid over $400 for a cheap pair of prescription glasses then I wanted to replace corrective lens with non-corrective lens (I had cataract surgery) and was willing to pay a reasonable price. The customer service rep informed me that the only option was for me to just purchase a completely new pair of glasses and they would credit me with $50 for my old pair. How generous!

Warby Parker response

Hi Larry — thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We really appreciate you sharing this experience with us, and we will be sure to pass it along to our team.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

The first time I placed an order, there was an issue with my PayPal account. I got a confirmation email, so I assumed my order went through with no issues. I eventually checked to see why it was taking so long, and it said that there was an issue so the order never shipped. I never got an email and nobody tried to contact me to let me know, so I ended up wasting a lot of time waiting for them. I contacted customer service and was on the chat for close to an hour. The employee I chatted with was really nice and tried to help, but she ended up charging me three more times but said she couldn't figure out what was wrong. I suggested I could just place another order and after 15-20 minutes, the attendant agreed. I placed another order with the same payment method and had no issues, so I have no idea what was going on there.

That order shipped quickly and arrived in less than a week (non-prescription frames to take to my eye doctor) but I didn't find out until two or three days later because I didn't get a notification or email and nobody rang my doorbell. I looked for the package but it didn't arrive. Spoke to customer service, and they sent another pair at no charge. Same thing happened. Didn't find out about the delivery until two days later, nobody rang my doorbell, and there was no package. They offered to send them again, but I figured it wasn't meant to be and asked for a refund. Customer service was nice and helpful, but I can't believe how many issues there were.

Warby Parker response

Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us. We are very sorry to hear about this and we would be happy to help. Message us your order number or email address and we would be happy to reach out!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Warby Parker eyeglasses have serious issues with the protective coatings applied to their lenses. Their supposedly scratch-resistant coatings are anything but. The lenses appear to be spin-coated, resulting in vastly inferior lens protection. After less than a year, my $525 pair of WP eyeglasses are unwearable due to scratches and the coatings lifting off, and this is the second pair of WP glasses with which I've experienced this. Over my lifetime, I've owned eyeglasses from LensCrafters, Pearl Vision, Costco, Eyebobs, Visionworks - you name it, and none of these have ever shown the deterioration of lens coating and the resultant loss of clarity that the WP glasses have. Lesson learned...

Warby Parker response

Hi John — thank you very much for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us. We are very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your lenses, and we would love to help from here.

Please send us a message with your order number or email address on file — we will follow up with you from there.

Resolution response: Nov. 9, 2022

Warby Parker responded via email and arranged for me to get a replacement pair at no charge. Everyone in the store was really kind and got it all resolved for me. Just waiting for the new pair to arrive in 7-10 days. Thanks so much!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

I bought a pair of frames in 2020. They were progressives. First, the distance area of the lens is too high, so when I watch tv across the room I have to tilt my head down to see the screen clearly. Then the middle distance for computer is too far down so I have to lift my head when looking at the screen. Another neck age. Within a year, they were scratched. I returned them and the store took them back and I had to wait a week or so to get them back. Since then, the coating has degraded, so that the lenses look like they have smudges on them which cannot be removed. These are scratches--an optometrist I showed them to said they were dipped in a coating and the coating will eventually wear off, which I believe it is doing now, resulting in them being almost worse than wearing no glasses at all.

Warby Parker response

Hi Kurt - thank you very much for reaching out about this. We are so sorry for the trouble you have experienced with your lenses. This certainly should not be happening. Please message us either your email address or order number and we will follow up!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I was pleased with the quality of the frames and the service, but the lenses are - as others have noted - way too soft and "scratch resistant". Just plain misleading. I have had better luck with the quality of lenses in $3 readers from Walmart. I have had these only a few months and they are so scratched that I can't use them to drive at night. And I don't live in the desert or use rough cloths to clean my glasses, I am fastidious about using the lint-free cloth and no liquids. If there is not a glass option for your frames from these guys, go elsewhere. No need to drop $400 and have them last only a few months.

Warby Parker response

Hi Perry - thank you very much for reaching out to us. We are so sorry to hear you are having trouble with your lenses. We would be happy to help from here - please message us either your email address or order number and we will get in touch!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

Went with Warby Parker because I liked the fact that you could try the frames at home before you bought them and I live in a small town with not many options for eyewear. Tried 5, found one I liked, ordered it. For about 165.00 I received the frames and the lenses loose in a box with no screws whatsoever holding them together. Contacted customer service who told me to get the glasses fixed at my expense and them forward them to receipt to be reimbursed. I thought that was a ridiculous answer so I contacted them again. This time, I was told they would send me another pair of glasses and that I could return the first pair, which I did.

When I finally did get my intact glasses, my friends kept asking to try them on and then telling me they weren’t real glasses, that I was just using them for looks. I assured them that no, they were prescription, but that my prescription was light. A year later when I went to get my prescription changed out by a local eyeglass retailer I found out that they were right. They sent me glasses without a prescription in them and I had been wearing fake glasses that were not helping my vision whatsoever for over a year (not to mention paid 165 bucks for them). Contacted customer service again, who suggested I return the glasses to them, which seemed like not a good enough answer. These glasses are very poorly manufactured in China for pennies on the dollar and they are complete and total garbage. You can literally get the same frames from any of these Chinese marketplace apps for around ten bucks. Do yourself a favor and buy your glasses elsewhere.

Warby Parker response

Hi Marianne - thank you so much for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us. We are so sorry to hear about the trouble that you had with your order. We would love to help from here - please message us your email address or order number and we would be happy to reach out!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

I have had issues with Warby Parker in the past - getting the prescription wrong, faulty frames...etc. I wanted to give them another chance and ordered a pair of sunglasses with expedited shipping. I received no update on my order after 8 business days. I followed up with their online chat. I was told my order was "standard shipping". When I told them I paid for expedited shipping they apologized and yes, agreed they saw expedited shipping and that my order was arriving today. Then proceeded to write back in the chat that the order was in fact delayed with no date of delivery. I asked why I would not receive communication regarding my order as I'm traveling and will not be at the address for delivery. I was offered no explanation other than "I can cancel your order". Rather than offering a solution, they simply cancelled my order. So I went to LensCrafters at lunch and ordered a similar pair in an hour.

Warby Parker response

Hi Cristina - thank you very much for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and we would love to connect further. Please sent us a message with either your order number or email address, and we will follow up!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I have had my new glasses for 9 month and they now have many very small scratches on the lenses. They are almost unusable so I emailed the company and they said they were sorry, but they have a 6 month warranty on scratches and I was past the time frame. (It was 12 months when I bought them>?) . They offered me $150 off a new pair ($450 new). I am very disappointed and feel like I have been lied to. I bought the Callen (Eyeglasses) Progressives light responsive Frame with polycarbonate Rx lenses Anti-scratch and anti-reflective coating included. Will not buy from them again since their product is inferior.

Stephen **

Naperville, IL

Warby Parker response

Hi Stephen - thank you for reaching out to us and sharing this feedback. We are incredibly sorry to hear about your lenses, and we will have a team member reach out to help from here.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I purchased a $450 pair of glasses a year and a half ago and now there are small scratches all over the lenses.... I paid for scratch resistant lenses. Never used a cloth other than what they told me to use, I called them and they told me the scratch resistant warranty is only good for one year and that they could give me $150 of of new lenses. What a joke, they're either scratch resistant or they're not, I have a pair of eye glasses that are 25 years old that still don't have scratches on them. What a rip off Company!!!. I'm a hair stylist. I will tell so many people.

Warby Parker response

Hi Judy - thank you for reaching out to us. We are incredibly sorry to hear about your lenses and we would be happy to help! Would you mind messaging us your order number or email address? We would be happy to get in touch from there.

Warby Parker author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 2010, Warby Parker offers a unique take on vision. Designing and selling vintage inspired frames, they give away a pair of glasses to someone in need for each pair that they sell.

• Funky, fun frames: Instead of moving toward minimal, Warby Parker designs stand out, making a fashion statement.

• Try before you buy: Warby Parker lets you pick up to five frames to try out before making a purchase. They ship you five samples to show off to your friends, you pick your favorites, they ship your prescription glasses and you return the samples with free return shipping.

• Multiple locations: Although Warby Parker is a boutique retailer, they have 13 locations nationwide, so buyers can often visit a store to check out the selection in person.

• Rainbow colors: Warby Parker sells their own designs, which are available in virtually every color of the rainbow.

• Sunglasses: In addition to their line of unique optical glasses, they also make some eyewear designed for fun in the sun.

Warby Parker Company Information