3.8/5 (221 ratings)

About Warby Parker

Warby Parker designs and sells prescription eyewear and sunglasses. For every pair of glasses sold, Warby Parker donates a pair of eyeglasses to someone in need around the world. Customers can shop in a Warby Parker store or have the company mail them up to five frames to try on at home.

Warby Parker Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warby Parker?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warby Parker?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

It was easy to find a pair of glasses that I love and are comfy. Being able to try on 5 pairs of frames without the pressure of someone watching you in the eye doctor's office allowed me to really check for comfort, since I've had painful glasses in the past (can you tell I'm all about comfort??). Plus, I was able to use my FSA to pay for them. I would use them again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I'm on my 3rd pair of glasses from Warby Parker. I've loved them all. The online ordering process is pretty easy, and especially nice during Covid. There are a lot of follow up emails to make sure they are perfect, and helpful instructions on how to adjust them. I don't live anywhere near a Warby Parker store so the online experience is great!

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I'm disabled and have a hard time working with the retail eyeglass stores. Warby Parker was an excellent alternative to what is usually a painful experience, both physically and financially. I used the home try-on to determine the best fit, then I ordered from the overall inventory. My glasses came 10 days earlier than predicted by the company.

The frames were exactly as they looked online. I chose a red, which can be very hard to match, but Warby Parker was spot on with the shade. The glasses fit perfectly. I've never been able to say my glasses have been comfy ... until now! They seem very sturdy, they look fantastic, and the price was right. I got the anti-glare coating, standard on all their lenses, and I added the blue light filter since I'm on the computer 24/7. That increased the bill by $50, but the total was still only $145. That's less than I've ever paid for glasses I absolutely love. All in all, this was the most pleasant experience and outcome!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Well I have not tried their glasses because. When I tried to get the glasses you have to pay upfront. Like if you like some that cost like over a $100 you pay first. Which I understand. Thank you keep the one you want but suppose they take a long time to you're other money. Like most franchise does.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I first worked with Warby Parker two years ago when I ordered my first pair of online glasses. They were very helpful and answered my numerous questions via the messenger service on their website. I ordered the 5 pair of try-on glasses and chose a pair that I liked. The whole process only took a few weeks. My progressive glasses arrived, and I was very pleased! I have had no problems whatsoever. I get a lot of compliments on my glasses! They are beautiful, sturdy, well made, and I absolutely love them!

Fast forward to today, and after a routine eye exam, my prescription changed, and it is necessary to get a new pair of glasses. Of course, I went to Warby Parker again after such a great first experience!! I don't recall if they had the virtual try on experience two years ago - but I don't think they did. I was able to virtually try on glasses, and I ordered 5 pair to try on at home.

Well, after I ordered the 5, I found even more that I liked and ordered 5 more. WP made an exception and sent me the second 5 before I returned the first 5! Yet again, it has been an amazing experience!!! I actually found a pair that I liked that isn't available for try on - but I ordered it in another color to see if I liked the way the frame looked on my face. I utilized the virtual try-on as well as the at home try-on and found the perfect frames! I can't wait until my new progressive frames arrive!!!! Warby Parker is a great company to work with. They have amazing eyeglasses that are gorgeous and affordable. I encourage you to give them a try!!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I purchased blue light glasses to use while working, as I sit in front of a computer most days. I also have prescription contact lenses to see far away, another reason why I’d like something protecting my eyes while I have them in and I stare at a screen all day long, considering I don’t need them for close up. Well they were delivered with a coating on them, that almost makes it feel like they are magnified, and give me a headache EVERY TIME I wear them. I tried with and without my contacts in and it didn’t change. I called customer service, whom said “the only way to see if they had a prescription put in by accident, at the store, would be to pay for a visit with our optometrist”…. Like what? So I’m having issues with my glasses that I purchased from your company and I would HAVE TO PAY to have someone look at said glasses? Instead I said. "Well I’ll just make my annual eye exam appointment then and have my doctor look at them."

My doctor said they didn’t have a prescription, but the coating could be causing the issue. Now usually anti-scratch & anti-glare coating is an up-charge, but WP adds it on to all of their glasses. I call customer service back to tell them and they basically said, "Yea we add it to all of our glasses (aka TOO BAD), and maybe the intent isn’t to wear them on-top of contacts, but you’re past the 30 days and there’s nothing we can do for you!" I’m disgusted, $150 down the tubes because I didn’t call them within 30 days. I didn’t realize $150 would be enough for a company to want to lose a lifelong customer!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Their 'free' try on policy is anything but! What they don't tell you, anywhere, is that they put a collateral hold on whatever card you give them, which is no different than charging you and then refunding you when you send the frames back. This is a complete misrepresentation of 'free;' I'm filing a complaint w/ the state consumer protection authorities. If I had ANY idea they did this, I never would have allowed myself to deprived of my own money this way, and I now will not purchase their crap, or do any kind of business with them ever again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I need new glasses and really enjoy the Warby Parker style. I love their style and classic look. I love the thought of ordering from home but wonder if they are able to properly fit me with measurement that I performed. I need new glasses and hope to win.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Excellent service!! They took COVID very seriously, masks and disinfecting glasses after they were tried on. Delivery of glasses was also timely, The style and color choices are very good. I love the eyeglass case. Fits nicely in a purse.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Really easy to use online and with store accessibility too. It’s the best of both worlds at an affordable price. The styles are very trendy and current allowing me to both buy prescription and nonprescription sunglasses and glasses.

Warby Parker author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 2010, Warby Parker offers a unique take on vision. Designing and selling vintage inspired frames, they give away a pair of glasses to someone in need for each pair that they sell.

• Funky, fun frames: Instead of moving toward minimal, Warby Parker designs stand out, making a fashion statement.

• Try before you buy: Warby Parker lets you pick up to five frames to try out before making a purchase. They ship you five samples to show off to your friends, you pick your favorites, they ship your prescription glasses and you return the samples with free return shipping.

• Multiple locations: Although Warby Parker is a boutique retailer, they have 13 locations nationwide, so buyers can often visit a store to check out the selection in person.

• Rainbow colors: Warby Parker sells their own designs, which are available in virtually every color of the rainbow.

• Sunglasses: In addition to their line of unique optical glasses, they also make some eyewear designed for fun in the sun.

Warby Parker Company Information