3.52/5
Based on 21 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 3, 2018

21 Warby Parker Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 3, 2018

I had an eye exam scheduled for 11.20am at Warby Parker’s Washington Street (Meatpacking, NYC) location. The doctor was running 10- 15mins late maybe more. The person who had an appointment before me was still in exam when I got there. I got to the place at 11.26pm. 1 minute pass my grace time. Manager Hussain and Chris using my 1 minute late (even though doctor was running late and in previous appointment for 5-6 mins past I got there) as an excuse to take another ** client and cancel my appointment.

In a very haughty tone I was informed that the doctor running 10mins late but that was not an issue. Only my lateness of 1 minute mattered. A fine print was thrown in my face with no bearing on the fact that the doctor was running behind schedule. I also noticed that I was told to reschedule but all the ** clientele were being taken in for eye exams. I agreed that I was running 6 minutes late but the doctor was over 10 mins behind schedule. The doctor was not waiting for me. Even though I was a bit late I was still waiting for the doctor. But it seemed that other ** clientele that were looking at glasses were preferred to me - just an eye exam. The day/time frame this happened it was pouring in NYC. I got there drenched. The lack of humanity mixed with the racism and condescension is sad. I sent a similar email to Warby Parker and followed up with a call. It did not seemed like they cared.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I order my glasses a week ago after doing the try at home. I order was shipped quickly and I can see out of my new glasses. The style is nice and I liked that I was able to speak to a real person whenever I had a question about my order. I will buy again.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I've been trying on frames with WP for the last month and love what their service provides. Recently, I had an experience wherein I was not going to be at the address listed for my try-on service and was worried that the order would ship and I wouldn't be able to return it in time. I spoke to a customer care rep online (name listed as "Emily" on the site) who was perfectly pleasant and was able to put a temporary hold on the service. Just this morning, I logged back on to the site and started up the chat window - not 1 minute later was the agent able to release the hold on the glasses as per my request. This service is hassle-free and a really clever way to try on different styles of frames. I recommend this service to ANYONE looking for new frames and wants to try out a few different styles from what they normally wear.

The only downside to this service could be if your first home try-on order doesn't have a frame that you love. Though I must say, that I haven't found this to be the case. There were two different frames that I tried in my first try-on order that I would have been perfectly happy with, I just figured I would try a few styles that are nontraditional (for my taste that is) because I will certainly be purchasing frames from them sometime this spring and definitely from now on when I need new glasses.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Progressive fitting did not work... Difficult from the beginning was told my brain had to adjust - and I have been wearing progressives for years. On two visits to two stores over the next 3 months I was told the same. I contacted company and was told it was too late to help - except they would put $20 on my account if I wanted to get another 295 glasses which I would have little confidence in doing now.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I needed prescription sunglasses and thought I'd give them a try (turns out they are much more expensive for sunglasses). It took them three weeks to get me at the at-home try ons. I immediately selected a pair and sent in my prescription. There was more stalling. The prescription upload section fails to ask you for your PD measurement. So another five days passed. I sent it in. I was charged two weeks ago. I still do not have my sunglasses. They assured me five days ago they had been shipped but I still have not received them. They send you NO email updates about your shipment. No way to track (so strange in this day in age). Honestly for the $50 I saved, it's not worth a process that takes over six weeks. I could have had my glasses the same day at Lenscrafters for just a slightly higher price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warby Parker?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I had an appointment at 2 PM with the doc. at the State Street Location in Chicago. I took a cab to the store. I was 5 min late. Then I had to wait in line with 3 customers in front of me. Once I was there the lady said..."Oh we are running late." Then another guy chimed in and said, "They are at lunch... we have to reschedule you." Our grace period is 5 minutes. I was there... One of these two people was lying. This is not the first time I feel like they don't care at all. Not a happy camper. Will not frequent this Company again.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

The closest store was in Grand Central Terminal, so I took the train from Danbury CT. Spent a fair amount of time choosing the frames, then had a gentleman take all my info to process my order for progressive lenses. (They were to be shipped to me) He took some measurements, brought me to another guy who redid the measurements. They swiped my credit card (all this done electronically on a tablet). Told me I would receive my receipt via email and my glasses would arrive in 7 -10 days. I never received my emailed receipt, called and emailed the company. They could not find any record of my purchase and offered no explanation. They did not care at all about the huge inconvenience. NO ACCOUNTABILITY!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Thank you!! Honestly, I've never seen such good customer service anywhere before. I have to say that in my 28 years on earth, Warby Parker has to be one of the best companies I have ever been a customer of. Thank-you!! Everyone always compliments me on my glasses, and I tell them where I got them from. I'll be sure to mention the great service and pride you have behind your products.

Original review: May 31, 2017

My 15 year old heard about this company through classmates at school. I like quality so wasn't into it but she insisted. We ordered and they were super inexpensive, frame and lenses for less than $100. Within 1 month I noticed some weird peeling in the lens. It turned worse very fast, within 2 months it was very bad. One side it was almost the entire lens covered by this weird internal peeling, it was hard for her to see through it. Took it to Costco to replace the lenses, at extra 80 dollars and had to wear her old glasses for 10 days during finals! Never Again! Cute and cheap, but not worth it.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I ordered glasses from Warby Parker for the first time after years of going to LensCrafters. The product is beautiful, fashionable and most importantly reasonably priced (LensCrafters charges upwards of $300 for glasses plus all kinds of fees for warranties, Warby is just a flat cost of $95). Customer service is great, they have a one year warranty for scratched lenses, and they are much more advanced than LensCrafters when it comes to their retail systems (LensCrafters lost my previous order history, making it almost impossible to make a return just a few weeks after purchase even though I had a receipt to prove it, almost seems like they do anything possible to avoid returns which is absurd if they are trying to keep their clients). Great product and amazing customer service. Overall Warby is the way to go.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I bought a frame with prescription on 10th Nov 2016, from Warby Parker as well as Zenni optical. Warby Parker has the worst frames. This one I received last about a month before it started to stretch and it got wider apart from the temple which is not worth it. Cannot wear it because it is not tight enough by the ear. Not good. Worst thing is it happened just after their 30 days warranty.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I lost a pair of prescription glasses and a pair of prescription sunglasses and went to Warby Parker to buy replacements. I needed replacements quickly because I was going on a trip. I called WP and spoke with a customer service person who found frames that were similar to frames I'd purchased a while ago. Also, there was an issue with my prescription but rather than requiring me to contact my eye doctor and get the prescription, WP called my doctor and drove the process to completion. I got my replacement frames quickly, easily, and for much less than buying them at a physical store. Also, the frames look really good. Warby Parker is a great company, they're the Zappos of glasses.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Price was high but they are worth every dollar! Great selection! It took a while for me to narrow down the pair I wanted but once I DID the process was fairly easy. The glasses arrived on time and they were exactly what I had ordered. They have great quality! It was a pleasant experience.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

I heard nothing but good reviews about it. All of the customers seemed very satisfied. I'm happy with their experience. During the time I was dealing with the company, they had a lot of products to choose from. I was very pleased with what they had to offer. I love everything about them. The price was always right. Their prices was always in my budget and I always felt comfortable with them. Their quality was beyond good. No one that I could think of could possibly compare to their quality. I would say that their quality is top-of-the-line.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Shipping processing was fast and easy to track. My glasses came very well packaged and arrived to me safe and sound. I would highly recommend. There are large variety and fashionable styles for everyone to choose from. Offers include in home try on and also give the measurements of each glass frame. Prices for frames are cheaper than what I would pay at a large box chain. I found a beautiful frame for under 100 dollars that was great looking for a great price. My glasses are made from poly-bicarbonate and are anti scratch resistant and also included anti reflection - 100% UV protection. They are a great product

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

The delivery/shipping was better than I thought it would be. The glasses I ordered came within the promised time frame, and everything was in excellent condition. The product selection was very impressive. I worried that it would be hard to select eyeglasses online, the only problem was deciding which ones I liked best! I was very happy with the price I paid for my eyeglasses. I had shopped pretty extensively at brick and mortar stores for eyeglass and was worried that buying online might be more expensive. I was happy to discover that prices were if any thing better. I truly believe the quality of the glasses that I purchased from Warby Parker is every bit as good as the quality of the eyeglasses that I purchased from other places such as LensCrafters. I have had them for several months and they are holding up just fine.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

The shipping process was easy. They were delivered safely. They were packed well. Also there was fast delivery. From beginning to end all was handled with care. Also shipping was a fair price. There were many styles to choose from. Whether you want designer or fancy or funky to plain and ordinary. The choice is yours. So much to choose from - your decision will be a difficult one to make. The price of ordering my eyeglasses from this company was very price competitive with others. I think you will be pleased and surprised with value and price to purchase your new eyeglasses! I was very happy and pleased with the high quality and workmanship of their eyeglasses. Try them for yourself. You will be pleased as I am.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

The delivery came in a great amount of time. I didn't have to wait too long to get them. They were just amazing as they had looked online. I love them! There were many selections. There were so many colors and textures to choose from. I spent quite a lot of time making my glasses to fit my own personality and, in the end, I feel like I picked the perfect ones. The price was appropriate. Eyeglasses tend to cost less online which is why I got my eyeglasses from online. This product comes from a great brand. I will not look to buy them from anywhere else. These are the only glasses for me! The quality of the glasses are amazing. They are very clear. I thought that when ordering them online, they would be horrible but they actually turned out the way that I wanted them to.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

The package came within a few days. It was reasonable pricing and the driver was very kind and thoughtful. He made sure to knock so I'd get it, not just leave it outside. There were quite a few different styles and colors to choose from and they had brands that I was familiar with. Overall, it was very easy to find a pair that suited me. In my opinion, the price was fair. Not the absolute best, but very reasonable. I've found the same glasses elsewhere for cheaper, but it wasn't so much more that I was unhappy. The quality of the glasses was great. The frames could have been a little better. Maybe more sturdy for moms. Mine broke within a few months, but it was nothing I couldn't fix myself.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2015

I was looking for a new pair of glasses, and decided to try Warby Parker because I'd seen some of the frames, and loved the style. Once I heard the price, I was sold. The website was streamlined and easy to navigate, and the try at home option was phenomenal. I loved trying out frames, in person before purchasing them. I finally settled on a two-toned tortoise shell/white pair of frames, and I wore them for two years. I LOVED them. They are a quality product, and they share the wealth by providing a pair of glasses to someone in need! Win-Win.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2015

These glasses may look cute but they fall apart and never stay on my face. I know now why glasses art the eye doctor are more pricey. I'll pay for quality next time.

Warby Parker expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2010, Warby Parker offers a unique take on vision. Designing and selling vintage inspired frames, they give away a pair of glasses to someone in need for each pair that they sell.

• Funky, fun frames: Instead of moving toward minimal, Warby Parker designs stand out, making a fashion statement.

• Try before you buy: Warby Parker lets you pick up to five frames to try out before making a purchase. They ship you five samples to show off to your friends, you pick your favorites, they ship your prescription glasses and you return the samples with free return shipping.

• Multiple locations: Although Warby Parker is a boutique retailer, they have 13 locations nationwide, so buyers can often visit a store to check out the selection in person.

• Rainbow colors: Warby Parker sells their own designs, which are available in virtually every color of the rainbow.

• Sunglasses: In addition to their line of unique optical glasses, they also make some eyewear designed for fun in the sun.

• Best for: Teens and Professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs