3.16/5
Based on 31 reviews that contain star ratings

31 Warby Parker Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I registered to try 5 frames free. They all arrived within the week I requested. Picked a frame, mailed them back, sent in prescription - I now have a pair of awesome, wonderful, quality glasses. They are everything I hoped for and more. The company was responsive and prompt. Doesn't get better than that.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I ordered two pairs of glasses from Warby Parker because I have heard many good things about them when they first came into business. However, they didn’t live up to my expectations. The try-ons arrived within a week. I tried them and made my order. A week later after sending all required information and being charged for glasses I have yet to received, nothing has happened. Warby Parker claims that the glasses were shipped but their tracking number shows just a shipment notification. I called them and wasted time talking to someone who just repeated what he saw on the screen. I have not received my glasses by next week, I am canceling the order and putting a fraud claim in my credit card. I am not doing any business with these people again.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have never bought glasses except from an optometrist in my entire life, until now. I have terrible near-sightedness with astigmatism, so I cannot even get contacts in my perfect Rx, because they don't even make them that high. My glasses used to be crazy thick, so I always just thought I had to have them specially done by an eye doctor. A new pair would typically run me about $400+.

When I saw WP recommended in a blog post I couldn't resist checking out the price and at-home try-on deal, even though I saw some not-so-promising reviews. So at first, I was skeptical of WP. And, I mean, $95 per frame and Rx lenses? Okay, sure. Wait till I have to add all the bells and whistles, I thought. Nope! I was completely wrong. $125 for my glasses, frames, and high index lenses (to make them thinner). They don't even tack shipping on.

Plus they sent me my 5 trial pairs (completely FREE with NO COMMITMENT), out of which I found a really cute pair. My old glasses are comfy for about 12 hours before the bruising starts to be unbearable on the bridge of my nose. Seriously -- real bruises. By having a 5 day trial I was able to wear my chosen frames around a bit with my contacts to see how much they slid around, bruised, pinched, whatever. They never did at all!

Rather than standing in the fluorescent lights of your eye doc's office trying on pairs with strangers all around, you get a test-drive for these. You can ask friends, family, try them indoors and out. It's pretty awesome actually. Then at day 5, slap some tape on the box with the provided return slip and drop it in the mail. That easy! I had a few minor hiccups ordering, like getting my pupillary distance measurements correctly, but WP has a simple page on their website to walk you through it. And if you still have questions, they have people ready to chat within about 30 seconds online. They were very polite and helpful every step of the way.

Once it was all set, Rx sent, choices narrowed down, etc, they ship them out FAST. Plus you get a basic glasses case, a cleaning cloth and they say for every pair sold they give a pair to someone in need. Seriously?!? How cool is that?!? My husband went thru the same process. Easy as can be. Now he has a really sharp pair in his Rx. (I'm actually a bit jealous cause they suit him SO well. ;-p) He is a big guy and the distance from his temples to ears is longer than average, so we were able to find a pair that sat nice and level and fit him WAY better than his old pair. Start to finish, his whole experience went as easy and stress-free as mine.

On top of that, it cost us significantly LESS $ to buy us BOTH new Rx glasses than it usually cost for a single pair. Even if the glasses don't hold up quite as well, or we didn't get the fancy extras, I honestly think it's worth it. For the price difference, if they give me a few good years of use, they are absolutely worth it. If I HAD to find something I didn't 100% love about my experience with WP, it's this: The try-on pair was a bit lighter colored tortoiseshell of my new frames. Probably just a fluke and not worth bothering to press for a new pair. But with the "30 day hassle free returns" and the great customer service we got, I think I would have no problem if I wanted to change them. Truthfully, I like this color too, so it's all good.

The lenses do that weird optical illusion thing when you are at an angle, making your face look cut off. So they will likely look awful in pictures. Usually I wear contacts anyway for photos, and I forgot to even mention that fancy add-on option that my old glasses have. C'est la vie. It isn't anything I'm worried about. But if you are, you might want to ask in advance. Finally, if they made you enter your PD at checkout, it would have saved us a few days, but in the end, it was just fine. Easily as fast as my optometrist's office (if not faster, all the way to MI!) and they were polite, patient and helpful every step. In the end, my hubby and I both got sharp, comfortable eyeglasses for a great price and with little hassle. We have already shared the website with a few other people and will continue. Who thought buying new glasses could actually be fun?!? Thanks Warby Parker!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Visited the Berkeley store and found 2 frames I really liked, and purchased them. I have 2 prescriptions, reading & computer glasses. Left the store happy. The receipt never arrived in my inbox so I called. Can't reach the store. It all goes to a central #, ok. But they had no record of my purchase. After some research, the rep said the sales clerk entered my email and last name incorrectly. She also told me they cannot change the email at this point (???) but she would send a confirmation & I could reply to with my prescriptions. A workaround for sure but I waited a few days and nothing came. I called again. This rep was also very nice, & said she would personally follow my order to make sure it is fulfilled. This one told me to upload my prescriptions.

After that call I was emailed a survey, so I know they have my correct email address now. Although she was helpful, I did not complete survey. I want results not just a friendly chat. I followed her instructions to upload photos of my prescriptions with the order # which she gave me, & a specific request for confirmation, and waited. And waited. Never received an email or a call to follow up. Pathetic! I've given up. 2 stars for nice looking frames & that they never charged my credit card (though I'm keeping an eye on it). Everything else is a disaster, not to mention they don't even take insurance! Don't bother!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I purchased a pair of sunglasses in March 2018 (non-prescription). By August, the small logo plaque on the inside of one earpiece had fallen out, leaving stringy glue in its place. It's a relatively minor issue, but given the time frame and the $150 price tag, I expected better quality. I own several pairs of sunglasses that I rotate, so these were worn maybe once a week, on average, and yet in under six months, the frames were already coming apart.

I went into a store to ask about it and was told that the frames only have a 30 day warranty. I chatted to a customer service rep online who told me that the store should have provided me more options, and that she would flag this oversight to a supervisor (meanwhile, she did not bother to offer me more options herself). Overall, with prices twice what the quality is apparently worth, and customer service who doesn't seem to care, this is not a company worth spending your money on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warby Parker?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I went into the store to browse, not expecting to make a purchase, but after trying on some great looking frames and seeing they were half the price I'd been seeing elsewhere, I was hooked. I'd looked at WP previously but at the time they weren't doing transitional lenses and that's what I'd been getting. They now do and I got a fabulous pair with transition and progressives included. They marked them and the frames just arrived by mail (sooner than expected) and are perfect. And I love the company's efforts to do good by contributing a pair of glasses for each one purchased.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

What a waste of time ordering, can’t get a straight answer. The glasses are delayed. No follow up regarding the order & lastly a supervisor just told me it was my fault having for complex prescription.

Original review: July 2, 2018

On 6/29/18 Warby Parker charged me $472.50, for a home try-on, over a month after I had sent it back and received a confirmation from Warby Parker saying that they had received it. Their solution was to offer me an insulting $15 coupon (which really only helps them because it would end with them making money) and telling me that my money would be refunded in 7-10 days. What a feeble attempt at rectifying such a major mistake. Never again would I do business with them, or recommend that anyone else should. AWFUL customer service.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I am a physician. I ordered two pair of prescription sunglasses from Warby Parker. The glasses did not arrive. To my dismay they had sent a spam email telling me that my prescription did not have a signature and was not valid. This has cost me weeks of summer without sunglasses. This is not acceptable.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I shared the following email with their customer support team, and was essentially told "sorry, we'll get your frames to you soon." This is my second time ordering with Warby Parker and both times have been disruptive, and not in the good, cool way. I like the idea of the company, the final product - and even take my share of responsibility for the shipping address issues, but there has got to be a better system for handling order issues than what I've encountered thus far with Warby Parker.

Let's review, just for the record: Earlier this year, I ordered sunglasses. I paid my order, uploaded a prescription, and was billed. Then, I needed to update my prescription info. Then, all over email, I'm getting sold into an additional $130 for high index lenses, instead of making that suggestion at my point of purchase. Then, a debacle about my shipping address, getting the address fixed, and glasses sent to me. I made a really bad assumption when this process was completed, which is that Warby Parker had updated my shipping address internally so if I were to order again, the address would be correct and I wouldn't have to think about it again.

The glasses are great, by the way, but the "seamless order online" glasses experience is kinda disrupted by this process. So, not a great experience, but it's still cheaper than LensCrafters, right? Especially for high index lenses, and especially when you're not a snob about Ray-Bans. With my prescription, payment info, and shipping address all already saved from my last order, I think I ordered my new glasses in 15 minutes altogether. That's awesome. That beats an hour of getting sold on blue light filter oleophobic high-tech ultraUV elite deluxe plus lenses that aren't covered by your insurance any day.

But alas, my address wasn't updated. And I totally get that, as a CS team, your team reaction is probably: Why can't this jerk just put his address in correctly? I made an assumption, which is that WP would update my address after the last shipping issue. That wasn't the case, and I should have double-checked with my new order instead of breezing through the order process without thinking. I get it.

Last Friday, I get an email that my address might be wrong and we'll get it fixed up ASAP. I do, I reply with a more sensible address in just 3 minutes. WP tells me it's updated and they usually get info back from UPS within 24 hours. By Tuesday, I haven't heard back from WP at all and I'm following up because UPS shows that nothing has changed on my order at all.

On Wednesday, I'm following up again and still have seen no update. At this point, 4 days have passed and I feel like I'm responsible for chasing down my glasses. Sarah tells me that they're setting up an "expedited reshipment" and then I get this email that says my glasses are being completely remade with no expedited shipping on the order, and I'm chasing down an email that explains what's actually going on, if glasses are being sent at all, if my original pair might just show up, etc. Not only that, but you'll send me a "prepaid return shipping label" if 2 packages end up at my house for some reason?

How could that even happen if we think my package was re-routed, that it somehow ends up at my house, and then I'm on to request a return prepaid label? And then to say "I refunded the $30 for expedited shipping on your original order as an apology for the delay" - which was sent by Sarah before it was explained to me that my new order would have it added complimentary... At some point, you're starting to think this just wasn't worth the hassle at all.

Let me be totally clear: I get it. I'm the idiot that put a semi-funky address into my first order, and then I'm the fool that thought that WP might have updated my address internally. But I also want to be totally clear: I never complain about customer service. Chewy.com lost my cat tree for like 3 months and I just kinda shrugged. My boyfriend gets mad when Target won't accept a return, and I just walk to the car because I'm usually down to just write things off as my own mistake. But this is kinda ridiculous. I could have gone to LensCrafters and ordered, picked up, wore, and returned 4 pairs of glasses at this point, and exchanged 10 fewer emails about the order in the process.

There has to be a better way of communicating with customers, updating orders, and addressing shipping issues. They're gonna happen! It's a part of ecommerce to get a wrong street, a missing apartment number, and just generally have issues. Meanwhile, my boyfriend's glasses just come in the mail and there's nothing else to say about it. He's had a great experience, so maybe it's just a "me" problem. Either way, hope you guys find a better way to handle customer issue tracking and that some of this feedback has been helpful.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I had an eye exam scheduled for 11.20am at Warby Parker’s Washington Street (Meatpacking, NYC) location. The doctor was running 10- 15mins late maybe more. The person who had an appointment before me was still in exam when I got there. I got to the place at 11.26pm. 1 minute pass my grace time. Manager Hussain and Chris using my 1 minute late (even though doctor was running late and in previous appointment for 5-6 mins past I got there) as an excuse to take another ** client and cancel my appointment.

In a very haughty tone I was informed that the doctor running 10mins late but that was not an issue. Only my lateness of 1 minute mattered. A fine print was thrown in my face with no bearing on the fact that the doctor was running behind schedule. I also noticed that I was told to reschedule but all the ** clientele were being taken in for eye exams. I agreed that I was running 6 minutes late but the doctor was over 10 mins behind schedule. The doctor was not waiting for me. Even though I was a bit late I was still waiting for the doctor. But it seemed that other ** clientele that were looking at glasses were preferred to me - just an eye exam. The day/time frame this happened it was pouring in NYC. I got there drenched. The lack of humanity mixed with the racism and condescension is sad. I sent a similar email to Warby Parker and followed up with a call. It did not seemed like they cared.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I order my glasses a week ago after doing the try at home. I order was shipped quickly and I can see out of my new glasses. The style is nice and I liked that I was able to speak to a real person whenever I had a question about my order. I will buy again.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I've been trying on frames with WP for the last month and love what their service provides. Recently, I had an experience wherein I was not going to be at the address listed for my try-on service and was worried that the order would ship and I wouldn't be able to return it in time. I spoke to a customer care rep online (name listed as "Emily" on the site) who was perfectly pleasant and was able to put a temporary hold on the service. Just this morning, I logged back on to the site and started up the chat window - not 1 minute later was the agent able to release the hold on the glasses as per my request. This service is hassle-free and a really clever way to try on different styles of frames. I recommend this service to ANYONE looking for new frames and wants to try out a few different styles from what they normally wear.

The only downside to this service could be if your first home try-on order doesn't have a frame that you love. Though I must say, that I haven't found this to be the case. There were two different frames that I tried in my first try-on order that I would have been perfectly happy with, I just figured I would try a few styles that are nontraditional (for my taste that is) because I will certainly be purchasing frames from them sometime this spring and definitely from now on when I need new glasses.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Progressive fitting did not work... Difficult from the beginning was told my brain had to adjust - and I have been wearing progressives for years. On two visits to two stores over the next 3 months I was told the same. I contacted company and was told it was too late to help - except they would put $20 on my account if I wanted to get another 295 glasses which I would have little confidence in doing now.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I needed prescription sunglasses and thought I'd give them a try (turns out they are much more expensive for sunglasses). It took them three weeks to get me at the at-home try ons. I immediately selected a pair and sent in my prescription. There was more stalling. The prescription upload section fails to ask you for your PD measurement. So another five days passed. I sent it in. I was charged two weeks ago. I still do not have my sunglasses. They assured me five days ago they had been shipped but I still have not received them. They send you NO email updates about your shipment. No way to track (so strange in this day in age). Honestly for the $50 I saved, it's not worth a process that takes over six weeks. I could have had my glasses the same day at Lenscrafters for just a slightly higher price.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I had an appointment at 2 PM with the doc. at the State Street Location in Chicago. I took a cab to the store. I was 5 min late. Then I had to wait in line with 3 customers in front of me. Once I was there the lady said..."Oh we are running late." Then another guy chimed in and said, "They are at lunch... we have to reschedule you." Our grace period is 5 minutes. I was there... One of these two people was lying. This is not the first time I feel like they don't care at all. Not a happy camper. Will not frequent this Company again.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

The closest store was in Grand Central Terminal, so I took the train from Danbury CT. Spent a fair amount of time choosing the frames, then had a gentleman take all my info to process my order for progressive lenses. (They were to be shipped to me) He took some measurements, brought me to another guy who redid the measurements. They swiped my credit card (all this done electronically on a tablet). Told me I would receive my receipt via email and my glasses would arrive in 7 -10 days. I never received my emailed receipt, called and emailed the company. They could not find any record of my purchase and offered no explanation. They did not care at all about the huge inconvenience. NO ACCOUNTABILITY!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Thank you!! Honestly, I've never seen such good customer service anywhere before. I have to say that in my 28 years on earth, Warby Parker has to be one of the best companies I have ever been a customer of. Thank-you!! Everyone always compliments me on my glasses, and I tell them where I got them from. I'll be sure to mention the great service and pride you have behind your products.

Original review: May 31, 2017

My 15 year old heard about this company through classmates at school. I like quality so wasn't into it but she insisted. We ordered and they were super inexpensive, frame and lenses for less than $100. Within 1 month I noticed some weird peeling in the lens. It turned worse very fast, within 2 months it was very bad. One side it was almost the entire lens covered by this weird internal peeling, it was hard for her to see through it. Took it to Costco to replace the lenses, at extra 80 dollars and had to wear her old glasses for 10 days during finals! Never Again! Cute and cheap, but not worth it.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I ordered glasses from Warby Parker for the first time after years of going to LensCrafters. The product is beautiful, fashionable and most importantly reasonably priced (LensCrafters charges upwards of $300 for glasses plus all kinds of fees for warranties, Warby is just a flat cost of $95). Customer service is great, they have a one year warranty for scratched lenses, and they are much more advanced than LensCrafters when it comes to their retail systems (LensCrafters lost my previous order history, making it almost impossible to make a return just a few weeks after purchase even though I had a receipt to prove it, almost seems like they do anything possible to avoid returns which is absurd if they are trying to keep their clients). Great product and amazing customer service. Overall Warby is the way to go.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I bought a frame with prescription on 10th Nov 2016, from Warby Parker as well as Zenni optical. Warby Parker has the worst frames. This one I received last about a month before it started to stretch and it got wider apart from the temple which is not worth it. Cannot wear it because it is not tight enough by the ear. Not good. Worst thing is it happened just after their 30 days warranty.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I lost a pair of prescription glasses and a pair of prescription sunglasses and went to Warby Parker to buy replacements. I needed replacements quickly because I was going on a trip. I called WP and spoke with a customer service person who found frames that were similar to frames I'd purchased a while ago. Also, there was an issue with my prescription but rather than requiring me to contact my eye doctor and get the prescription, WP called my doctor and drove the process to completion. I got my replacement frames quickly, easily, and for much less than buying them at a physical store. Also, the frames look really good. Warby Parker is a great company, they're the Zappos of glasses.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Price was high but they are worth every dollar! Great selection! It took a while for me to narrow down the pair I wanted but once I DID the process was fairly easy. The glasses arrived on time and they were exactly what I had ordered. They have great quality! It was a pleasant experience.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

I heard nothing but good reviews about it. All of the customers seemed very satisfied. I'm happy with their experience. During the time I was dealing with the company, they had a lot of products to choose from. I was very pleased with what they had to offer. I love everything about them. The price was always right. Their prices was always in my budget and I always felt comfortable with them. Their quality was beyond good. No one that I could think of could possibly compare to their quality. I would say that their quality is top-of-the-line.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Shipping processing was fast and easy to track. My glasses came very well packaged and arrived to me safe and sound. I would highly recommend. There are large variety and fashionable styles for everyone to choose from. Offers include in home try on and also give the measurements of each glass frame. Prices for frames are cheaper than what I would pay at a large box chain. I found a beautiful frame for under 100 dollars that was great looking for a great price. My glasses are made from poly-bicarbonate and are anti scratch resistant and also included anti reflection - 100% UV protection. They are a great product

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

The delivery/shipping was better than I thought it would be. The glasses I ordered came within the promised time frame, and everything was in excellent condition. The product selection was very impressive. I worried that it would be hard to select eyeglasses online, the only problem was deciding which ones I liked best! I was very happy with the price I paid for my eyeglasses. I had shopped pretty extensively at brick and mortar stores for eyeglass and was worried that buying online might be more expensive. I was happy to discover that prices were if any thing better. I truly believe the quality of the glasses that I purchased from Warby Parker is every bit as good as the quality of the eyeglasses that I purchased from other places such as LensCrafters. I have had them for several months and they are holding up just fine.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

The shipping process was easy. They were delivered safely. They were packed well. Also there was fast delivery. From beginning to end all was handled with care. Also shipping was a fair price. There were many styles to choose from. Whether you want designer or fancy or funky to plain and ordinary. The choice is yours. So much to choose from - your decision will be a difficult one to make. The price of ordering my eyeglasses from this company was very price competitive with others. I think you will be pleased and surprised with value and price to purchase your new eyeglasses! I was very happy and pleased with the high quality and workmanship of their eyeglasses. Try them for yourself. You will be pleased as I am.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

The delivery came in a great amount of time. I didn't have to wait too long to get them. They were just amazing as they had looked online. I love them! There were many selections. There were so many colors and textures to choose from. I spent quite a lot of time making my glasses to fit my own personality and, in the end, I feel like I picked the perfect ones. The price was appropriate. Eyeglasses tend to cost less online which is why I got my eyeglasses from online. This product comes from a great brand. I will not look to buy them from anywhere else. These are the only glasses for me! The quality of the glasses are amazing. They are very clear. I thought that when ordering them online, they would be horrible but they actually turned out the way that I wanted them to.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

The package came within a few days. It was reasonable pricing and the driver was very kind and thoughtful. He made sure to knock so I'd get it, not just leave it outside. There were quite a few different styles and colors to choose from and they had brands that I was familiar with. Overall, it was very easy to find a pair that suited me. In my opinion, the price was fair. Not the absolute best, but very reasonable. I've found the same glasses elsewhere for cheaper, but it wasn't so much more that I was unhappy. The quality of the glasses was great. The frames could have been a little better. Maybe more sturdy for moms. Mine broke within a few months, but it was nothing I couldn't fix myself.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2015

I was looking for a new pair of glasses, and decided to try Warby Parker because I'd seen some of the frames, and loved the style. Once I heard the price, I was sold. The website was streamlined and easy to navigate, and the try at home option was phenomenal. I loved trying out frames, in person before purchasing them. I finally settled on a two-toned tortoise shell/white pair of frames, and I wore them for two years. I LOVED them. They are a quality product, and they share the wealth by providing a pair of glasses to someone in need! Win-Win.

Warby Parker expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2010, Warby Parker offers a unique take on vision. Designing and selling vintage inspired frames, they give away a pair of glasses to someone in need for each pair that they sell.

• Funky, fun frames: Instead of moving toward minimal, Warby Parker designs stand out, making a fashion statement.

• Try before you buy: Warby Parker lets you pick up to five frames to try out before making a purchase. They ship you five samples to show off to your friends, you pick your favorites, they ship your prescription glasses and you return the samples with free return shipping.

• Multiple locations: Although Warby Parker is a boutique retailer, they have 13 locations nationwide, so buyers can often visit a store to check out the selection in person.

• Rainbow colors: Warby Parker sells their own designs, which are available in virtually every color of the rainbow.

• Sunglasses: In addition to their line of unique optical glasses, they also make some eyewear designed for fun in the sun.

• Best for: Teens and Professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs