Visiting Angels

Compare Home Care Services

Research top Home Care Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We have separate Visiting Devils staff on film abusing my father by rehashing the death of his wife to the point that my father states that he would like to kill us (son/daughter-in-law) to which the Caregiver agrees, then declares on film to my father that she "should not be ** with because she works for the FBI" and went on to describe in great detail how she acquired genital herpes from her lover. The Visiting Angels staff replaced her with a drunk who was likewise caught on film, this time guzzling expensive red wine, morning, noon and night. The incompetent bookkeeper sent us bills belonging to other clients... who knows if we were charged accurately. Now out of the blue 1.5 years later the company sent us to collections without forewarning. The abuse levied by Visiting Angels required my Father to leave his home environment and caused my wife and I great anguish which 1.5 years later, continues.

With a revolving door for bookkeepers, my account with Visiting Angels has never been correct. I was over charged for service I did not receive. Duplicate invoices that resulted in duplicate payments. We have been working since the beginning 7/29/2014 to get it straightened out. They even came to my house and we review ALL of my credit documentation, returned to the office, and then notified me that the credits had been applied. However, most credits were wrong and applied to payments that had no problems, instead to the correct invoice and payment.

We were working to figure all of this out. Until last couple of weeks in which they notified me that "it was what it was". Even though we have two different styles of accounting they have fixed everything and I have a balance due of $1003.73. My credits are $1066.62 and should be deducted from this last invoice. They are refusing to work with me now and in my guess have decided to just send it to collections. What I want is them to return to the table so we can work this out truly fair to them as well as to me.

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

Since it opened its doors in 1998, Visiting Angels has been a leading provider of home health services in the U.S. and Canada.

• Specialized Alzheimer's care: Recognizing those who suffer from Alzheimer's have needs going beyond ADLs, Visiting Angels has care tailored to meet the needs of these seniors.
  • Bonded, licensed and insured: When welcoming someone into your home, there is always an issue of trust. By providing outside verification, Visiting Angels helps you find peace of mind.
  • Individualized monitoring: Seniors need care on a regular basis, but what about when no one is home? Visiting Angels offers frequent phone calls and checks to ensure everything is on track.
  • Easy search functions: Search for care using your zip code or city and state. The site quickly provides a list of potential local offices, so you can start arranging for interviews immediately.
  • Elderly companion care: While most home health care service providers offer companion care, not all of them include the wealth of services available through Visiting Angels. Their companion care includes all areas of ADL and a comprehensive approach to home care that includes the senior's health care providers.
  • Best for Primary caregivers, elderly individuals, persons with dementia, persons with a disability, terminal patients and accident victims.

Compare Home Care Services