Comfort Keepers

Compare Home Care Services

Research top Home Care Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We recently moved in the area and needed someone to help with my disabled wife (3 hrs. Monday to Friday). Initially, I thought that the company was thorough and although on the high side, the person that came did a good job. That was until I got a call that at the last-minute she had given in her notice and they needed to send someone else at an earlier time than we wanted. We went ahead and the service was very poor. I thought its her first day we will wait before asking for someone else. However, very late in the afternoon (too late for me to find someone else), I was called to be informed that they had no one available. I told them that this is a joke and as I was initially informed, there would always be someone on standby. Lie # 1!

I also had received an invoice through email that money was being taken out of my account by direct deposit, even though I had already given them a check for the initial two weeks before the direct deposit was set up. Just on $1,000 dollars for what was then just less than 1.5 weeks work! When I questioned it they told me that the two weeks was for security for the last weeks of work. Lie #2. So, I told them that since they can not find anyone to do the job, I wanted to finish with them and asked for the money to be refunded. Still having to call them back regular each week, since they have not refunded my money! I hope this helps save the next person from making the same mistake of hiring this company! Always be wary when a company does not have its own complaints section on its site! Will give them until mid next week before reporting them to my bank as fraudulent and reporting them to BBB!

Comfort Keepers used to take my mom to medical appointments. Recently, however, when Comfort Keepers brought my mom home from an appointment, she was unable to get back into the house because she had lost her remote to enter into the garage. Rather than giving me call to explain the situation, Comfort Keepers pounded on the door over and over again until my teenage son woke up and opened the door. I have been told that he was rude when he finally opened the door. I don't doubt that because he had worked all night, and has a teenage bad attitude.

I am not defending his actions, but I am very disappointed in how Comfort Keepers handled the situation. They have my phone number, they know my mom lives with us, they know that I have power of attorney, and they know it's my home. If they had bothered to call, I would have simply provided the access code that would have allowed entry into the garage. This is neglect on the part of Comfort Keepers.

The quality of the service was outstanding. They were very courteous and nice and very professional with their work. And the work was done with much care and professionalism and everything was done very thorough in a timely manner. The cost of the work is nothing to complain about. When you consider what's being done and the quality of the work it's just a small price to pay. I would more than pay them again. The crew were very nice to say the least. Throughout the entire job they held up the friendly attitude and I couldn't be more appreciative. They make you feel very comfortable. They were able to work around my schedule anytime I needed. And that's something that isn't very easy to find. Not too many people out there are willing to work around another's time.

The caregivers are so compassionate and care so much for my grandfather. They do a fantastic job keeping him busy and activities. He brightens up when he sees his daily caregiver. It cost is well worth the price. I do get supplementary stipend since he is a veteran so that does help with the cost. There is the availability to afford your price point be it an hour. The caregivers are very friendly when caring for my grandfather. They take their time with him, explain what they are doing with him and get the test performed in a timely manner and they keep him happy the whole time that he is there with them. I am able to schedule a comfort caregiver to come in when I need them to care for my grandfather. I am also able to add them to my schedule when something comes up be at me have an appointment or in need of an emergency.

I was very happy and pleased with their services. They were prompt and reliable and very caring of my mother's needs. I would recommend this service. I was satisfied with the cost of the service. Most of it was covered by insurance. I called comparable services and their costs were the most reasonable. Their staff was very friendly and professional. They presented themselves in a professional manner and treated my mother like she was their own. I have a pretty hectic schedule and they were very flexible. They went above and beyond to be able to work with my scheduling needs. I was very pleased.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Keepers?

They have helped us take care of my father. Otherwise, he would not be able to stay at home and would be placed in a nursing home. We appreciate all the work these people have done to help out our family. The cost is not out of our family's pocket as everything is covered by health insurance. We will without a doubt recommend this service to all our friends and relatives. They have gone out of their way to be very friendly. I would like to give them "FOUR STARS" for friendliness. If we could give them a friendliness award we would supply it definitely. They have been available to our family (7) days a week and (24) hours a day. This has been extremely helpful in our care for my father.

They did a good job and I would recommend them to family and friends. This is a good company to have work done. Would also like to confirm that I enjoyed having them. Very reasonable cost and good value. I would recommend to family and friends and would use them again as needed. We enjoy the company and their business. Great availability.

The quality of service was great. They did explain job. They were friendly, did everything in a timely manner. Was extremely happy. I'd recommend this to anyone. The price was not that bad at all. Was a little pricey but was totally worth it. They were all extremely friendly the customer service, the girls who clean. It was a very pleasant experience from beginning to end of the process. I'm very happy and again I would recommend this to anyone. They were very reliable. They were on time, fast, friendly.

Comfort Keepers went above and beyond and really helped out my grandmother. They made her feel good about herself and that put my mind at ease. The service was definitely worth the cost I paid for it. I was more than happy to pay for the care of my grandmother at these rates for the quality of care! The caretaker was always very friendly and had a smile every time they arrived. I never felt like they were having a bad day! And they always made my grandmother smile! They were always available when I needed them for services. I don't recall ever being turned down for any kind of date request. Great availability!

Comfort Keepers arranged to care for my disabled brother upon his return from a rehabilitation facility in Durango, Colorado. Within the first two weeks of their employment here, my brother was missing $500.00. Comfort Keepers made no arrangements to either address the issue or to restore the funds. When I requested that the two employees in question not return to my place of residence, the owner told the supervisor to pull all employees out without warning. This left me having to scramble to find immediate care for my brother. It was irresponsible and unprofessional. I would not recommend this company to dog sit, house sit or otherwise let alone for someone who was vulnerable. The weekend people who were from the same company were professional and kind.

This company when dealing with consumers make the entire bunch appear inept, when the reality is the owner and her management team failed the employees by their inability to address the theft as well as, pulling employees without informing the family they were there to assist. Who does that? Apparently, Comfort Keepers.

I was shocked when I saw reviews of other Comfort Keepers. This in-home agency has been able to provide my parents with consistent and caring caregivers. I do not live locally and the communication between scheduling and myself has been perfect (they know when to reach out and when to trouble shoot on their own). The new owner is a nurse with an extensive background working with hospitals, social workers, rehab facilities, assisted living facilities as well as nursing homes. She is also familiar with all services that can be provided under insurance and/or free and shares that information with me and my parents. I rest peacefully knowing that my parents are receiving great and caring care.

Due to a deductible on our Long-Term Care Insurance, we had to foot the bill for the first 60 days and got talked into Comfort Keepers. We were given the hated, politically correct excuse that there were no resumes, reviews or pictures we could choose from and it was up to who is available. The Nigerian woman they provided for 4 days of the 7-day week was caring though it took a while for my dad to get used to her in more ways than one. But the young woman for the other 3-days just sat there and TEXT or played with her phone, never or rarely asked my dad if he needed anything, didn't even provide some conversation. AT $250/DAY. WHAT A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!

I am a 72 year old man with Parkinson's disease and my daughter is posting this for me. I am on Medicaid and was entitled to a home health aid for six hours a day, seven days a week. This was very important to me as I am housebound and need help with personal care, housekeeping and errands. My case was assigned to Comfort Keepers and I was told that it would be a few days before they could find a caregiver. I called everyday and was told the same thing by a very rude staffing coordinator. I asked to speak to the owner and was told that he does not take calls.

Finally, I was assigned a caregiver who showed up 45 minutes late and informed me that she would not cook and not do housework. I called Comfort Keepers Scottsdale and asked that she be replaced with someone who would perform the services I needed. What followed was a nightmare of numerous caregivers. Most were late, some never showed or called, many had difficulty communicating. One week I had five different caregivers. I finally complained to Mercy Care and was assigned a different home care agency.

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

With more than 700 worldwide franchise offices, Comfort Keepers is an industry leader in home health services.

• Understand your care needs: Use their simple online guide to determine the type and scope of care you might need for yourself or a loved one.
  • Emergency response monitoring: For those who only need a person on hand in case of emergencies, remote monitoring might be an inexpensive alternative.
  • Respite care: Being a primary caregiver can take a lot of time, leaving little time left over for errands or relaxing. Respite care allows you to take a break, secure in knowing your loved one is still receiving the care they need.
  • Find a provider, fast: Sometimes, when you need home health services, you need them yesterday. Comfort Keepers has a network of local providers you can search through to find someone within minutes.
  • Dementia care: Seniors with neurological conditions have very specific care needs and require constant supervision. Find trained personnel who can allow your loved one to stay at home for as long as possible.
  • Best for Primary caregivers, elderly individuals, persons with dementia, persons with a disability, accident victims and terminal patients.

Compare Home Care Services

Comfort Keepers Company Profile

Comfort Keepers
1997
CK Franchising, Inc. 6640 Poe Ave.
Dayton