3.6/5 (81 ratings)

About Visiting Angels

Visiting Angels specializes in comprehensive, customized in-home care that allows seniors to stay at home. With locations across the country, Visiting Angels provides a variety of services to support individuals living on their own.

Visiting Angels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visiting Angels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visiting Angels?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

My brother has ALS and his mind is intact. These “caregivers” slept, sat around, talked on their phone, etc. When they did care for him they never washed their hands. One caregiver helped my brother with bathroom care then went into the kitchen with the gloves on his hands that he used to clean my brother and BBC started to make his lunch. Never did one ever do light housekeeping. This company should be shut down.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Beware of home health company called Visiting Angels. Some of them have criminal records. They do not like to work. They like to take you out because they trying to see how much money you are spending and how much you are bring home then steal from you. They ramble through your things. You report it to the company and they don’t do anything about it. The aid picks the days she wants to come. And she will not call you. They won’t help with your bath because they're busy in your room rambling. You don’t know your money is gone until you buy something. They even take your gift cards.

I wanted to be with visiting angels because I thought it would be a better company to be with. One of the aids seemed so nice. She was nice and she would help me and she would take me to the store and everything. Then one day she decided she wasn’t going to do anything. She would stay on her phone a lot and watch tv. But she would keep asking me to go to the store all the time. I didn’t know that all them times she was asking to go to the store she was watching how much I would be spending. And one day she asked me for $400 and I said no. And I asked my son to go to the store for me one day and I told him it was a $20 bill in my pocketbook and I took it out and he said it was a $1. I said, "No it’s a $20 bill." He no it’s not. So the next day I told her about it. And she didn’t say anything.

From there my money started getting missing more and more. She took my gift card that I never spent and that’s how I knew for sure she was stealing from me. I told the company. They said they would pay me back and they never did. Please beware of “visiting devils”. They have police records from other people that they were stealing so this is true. It’s true. They do steal from you. My advice to you is to not pick Visiting angels.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

We hired Visiting Angels in East Texas to help care for my dad after he had a stroke. The first four caregivers they sent out would show up, sit and watch TV, and then leave. One of them even had the gall to go sleep in the guest room during her shift. They did not help clean the house, they did not prepare meals, they did not help him shower and dress, and they did not help him with chores as requested such as feeding his dogs or letting me know when he needed more groceries. I sent money to one of the caregivers for groceries that she pocketed and never went to the store.

The caregivers would change their schedules without notifying us, and all four caregivers were eventually let go for no call/no shows, which is unacceptable considering my dad cannot care for himself. We are on our fifth caregiver, and she shows up on time and cleans, but she doesn't prepare meals. I am so disappointed with this service, but my dad lives in a rural area and has no other options for at-home care.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

My mom 84 yrs old has foley. We called Visiting Angels as nursing service to help us care for her. We asked if foley needed to be changed. She looked at it and said no. Two days later mom was in ER with urinary tract infection and e coli. ER nurse looked at tube and showed us how dirty it was. She couldn't believe a professional told us it didn't need to be changed. Five days now still in hospital! And their answering service is nasty.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Martina w/ Visiting Angels came to stay with my grandparents overnight after my grandfather was released from the hospital having had a stent replacement and a defibrillator put in. My grandmother has early onset dementia. During the night Martina hit my grandfather's leg with his walker causing him to bleed on the floor. She then instructed my 90 year old grandmother who also has balance problems to clean it up. When we became nervous and wanted to call my mother she wouldn't let them use the phone. I am horrified and disgusted. Now we can't get them to let anyone to come in to help and the burden is placed back solely on my mother.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Our experience with Visiting Angels only lasted about a month. My grandparents’ health suddenly and began deteriorating at a rapid pace but they wanted to stay in their home as long as possible. Visiting Angels seemed like the perfect option to provide the extra help we needed so they could remain in their home. At first, things seemed to be working well. They were accommodating with the hours we needed and showed up when scheduled. My grandparents, who aren’t always the easiest people for strangers to deal with, both actually liked the worker (Jamie) and she communicated well with us as well.

A warning bell went off for me when Jamie told us she had found a total of $300 hidden in random places throughout the house. She said she wanted to tell us, knowing that various different people were in and out of the house, just in case any money went missing in the future. She said she found the different hiding spots while cleaning. I found that strange because prior to bringing Visiting Angels in, I was responsible for thoroughly cleaning their home each week. And I’m very thorough yet had only ever come across $20-40 laying around.

A few days later, when we were working with them on changing the schedule of when they would be coming, we were informed that Jamie’s was no longer going to be working there; she had something come up. We didn’t press for any other details, assuming it wasn’t our business, but later that week when we discovered $30,000 was gone, it seemed the likely culprit was in fact Jamie. Why my grandpa had that kind of cash stashed in a drawer in his bedroom, and why it hadn’t been moved to a safe, I don’t know.

We called Visiting Angels to tell them about the situation and they didn’t seem overly concerned about doing anything to rectify it. We also filed a police report and I have little faith that we’ll ever see a dime of that money back. It’s very disappointing to experience first-hand how someone could steal from people who are literally dying. And then to see that no one else seems to care.

We were still going to be using their services because we needed the care. But then a worker didn’t show up. After we called and left a message to figure out what was going on, we finally received a callback stating they would no longer work with us due to the money that had been stolen from us. I do have a very bitter taste in my mouth when it comes to Visiting Angels. The stolen money makes me sick to my stomach but that’s an issue the police are handling. We should never have had that in the house. But to then be denied care, services we were paying for, and be left in the lurch, when we were the victims, is mind boggling. To not be given any notice so we could find another company and make other arrangements, and to not be shown any compassion is sad. So my advice: lock up all valuables and invest in several hidden cameras so you can monitor what goes on when you’re not there.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Last year my father was diagnosed with dementia at a young age. It has gotten progressively worse to the point of my mom and I needing help with his care. He refused to let us bathe him or keep up with his self care for 3 months. This is when we called Visiting Angels. The Director (Rosemary **) of the Lehigh Valley, PA chapter came to our house to review my dad. We forewarned her about our loved one's deteriorating condition and she told us she would do what she can. We hired them to only come twice a week for 3 hours each visit. The caregiver Sarah showed up roughly 8 times before we stopped services. The reasons for stopping, which upset my mom and I:

1. She was always 5-10 minutes late and never apologized or stayed later (except once) to make up for the lost time.
2. Every visit she would not perform at her best and half the visits she would just sit with him and watch TV or do puzzles with him, make him lunch instead of actively trying to get him to bathe, change his clothes, buzz his beard etc. (WHICH IS THE SOLE REASON WE HIRED THEM)

3. I was always watching how she performed with my dad and she was sleeping on the couch once because I heard her snoring very loudly from the other room.

I let my mom know immediately what she had done and we stopped services because she broke the contract by sleeping on the job. This company makes you give them 10 days before you can cancel, so they wanted to charge my mom for the following week, even though we got rid of Sarah immediately. Rosemary was very unprofessional and rude on the phone with my mother when the incident first occurred. She told us we need to pay that money even though my mom said she broke the contract by sleeping. Then Rosemary preceded to ask if my dad really has dementia, which was very rude because he was professionally diagnosed.

Sarah claims to be knowledged in dementia patients, but when I told her the symptoms my dad was experiencing she couldn't believe it even though what my dad's experiencing is very common with dementia and seen in many medical journals. When Rosemay spoke to Sarah she lied about sleeping and claimed I praised her for the work she did with my dad (I never said a thank you even once to the woman because of her poor work ethic). All she was able to do was get him to brush his teeth during the weeks she was with him.

Very unprofessional company that does not apologize or believe the customers, but rather employees who can easily lie. My mother and I are very stressed out over the diagnosis of my dad. We would not bring more stress into our lives by lying about her sleeping. They claim Sarah is one of their best caregivers, so what other type of people are working for them if we had a bad experience with their best person???? Stay far far away!!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I could not have ask for a better care for my mother's last 6 months... They were there for me and loved my momma. She just loved the caregiver. Roanoke, VA has a wonderful system to help me when I needed them... I would hire them again if I needed a caregiver. In my opinion they are the best!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Appleton-Neenah-Menasha-Oshkosh, Wisconsin office disorganized. Caregivers not experienced, not licensed for home care. Appointments not kept, no-shows with no replacement. Bizarre and grossly incompetent.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I signed an agreement with Teri of Visiting Angels in Ravenna, Ohio this past Monday, October 2nd, 2018. She was pleasant and all smiles when she first came to my home to meet my 86 yr. old mother who lives with me and my husband. I explained to Teri that my mother cannot walk and needs help transferring from bed to bedside commode and transport chair. My mother, at this time, does not need a Hoyer lift. She just needs stability because her left knee tends to give out. I explained and showed Teri the way I help my mom.

I also told Teri our dishwasher was broken, so tell the aide not to use it. The aide started Tuesday the 2nd. She called me twice saying my TV does not work and my dryer doesn't work. I have no idea where she found laundry to do because there wasn't any in the morning. The remote and TV both worked. When I came home from work, my family room was rearranged!!! Even the plants!!! She found a large box of chux pads which I had hidden in a corner because my mother does not need them presently. She is not incontinent. My mother was wrapped in sheets which were for our bed. She rearranged some of my kitchen cupboards and counter and silverware drawer! I was frustrated and very angry! As well as my husband.

My mother was just very confused. The aide yelled at my mother when she found out she needed to help my mother get on the commode. When I confronted the aide she told me she was never informed of my mother's health. She said she rearranged things to make it easier for herself. I called Teri and she just played stupid. She said she didn't realize my mother couldn't walk! I was floored! I told Visiting Angels I no longer wanted their service. I believe they will tell you anything in the beginning to get you to sign with them. It's hard enough for the family when they have a parent who needs this care, but agencies like Visiting Angels make it compounded. I would not ever recommend Visiting Angels in Ravenna to anyone looking for In home care!!! Don't fall for the sing song spiel they give in the beginning!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Hired Visiting Angels of Pittsburgh to care for 90 y/o more who can't stand and only needed help moving from bed to wheelchair or bedside commode because she had hip replacement surgery. Caretakers were ** exchange students from local college most of whom had not been in USA for any length of time. No certifications or experience. Only asked to move mom with hoyer lift. We did everything else, even fed them steak for dinner. Some did not even know how to use hoyer lift. Most were very lazy and put mom on bedpan vs bedside commode.

They did not make any effort to engage my mom, who has dementia, in any activity, offer her anything to drink, ask her if she was hungry, read to her, or even talk to her. They preferred to park her in a room them go sit in another room. Some left her in her wheelchair from morning until bedtime not caring that she had a stage 2 decubitus on her tailbone. THEY DROPPED MY MOTHER TWICE RIGHT AFTER SHE HAD HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY!!! They quit abruptly giving us 48 hours. The kids were complaining the my mom was too much work since she needed the hoyer lift.

The head of the agency Sharon told me I needed to get rid of a beautiful female buddha statue that my mother got 60 years ago when she lived in Japan. Sharon stated it was an idol and should not be in their home!!! I was shocked she would tell a paying client what they should and shouldn't have in their home. Very unprofessional. Care plan was never followed and documentation was sporadic at best and some was even falsified. Some of the caretakers didn't even know there was a care plan to follow. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! DO NOT HIRE THESE PEOPLE. I would give them zero stars if I could.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

This agency was hired to help my 90 y/o mother at home because she can't stand. All she needed was help being put on the bedpan or bedside commode. That's it! We did everything else for her. The agency sent mostly 20 y/o African exchange students from LaRoche College as her caretakers. Some only having been in the country for less than a year. NO CNAs in this agency. Most had no experience in this field and preferred to park my mom somewhere and go off to another room. No one ever read to her, talked to her, offered her anything to drink, or tried to engage her in any way. At night they rarely brushed her teeth or offered her a cloth to wash her face.

They dropped her twice: once out of the Hoyer lift and out of her wheelchair. One left my mom hanging in the Hoyer lift to go answer the door! As an RN I was appalled at the care she was given and the lack of documentation. They were supposed to check off things that were done in a notebook and some didn't even know the notebook existed. There was a care plan which nobody followed. Some of the documentation was falsified. They sent caretakers who had no idea how to use a Hoyer lift. The owner even told me to remove a beautiful female buddha that my mother got in Japan 60 years ago when she lived there because it was an idol that others worship!!!

They quit abruptly because the kids felt they were working too hard putting my mom on a Hoyer lift frequently even though that's the extent of what they did. They gave us 48 hours to find another agency. They had no understanding of how old people get neurogenic bladders that make them feel like they have to go frequently. They had us order a bedside commode lift and once they put her on the bedside commode she went tons of urine and stool. Please do not hire these people!!! They have minimal experience and do not care about your loved ones. None of the caretakers were certified!!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Do not use this company if your loved one needs to be moved. I found my mother sideways on the bed with her legs dangling off it. The caregiver was just sitting there. They do not know how to roll them over. They have no experience in the medical field. They give medication if prefilled for them, even if patient is comfortable and may not need it. I have to show them how to roll them onto a bedpan. They don’t understand how to not contaminate things. They don’t apply cream to decubs appropriately without contamination. They don’t communicate with family when asked to call if their condition gets worse. Had to teach how to empty a catheter bag. All they are good for is to give someone company.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I called this afternoon, highly upset at the company I am suppose to be interview with - Caring Heart Home Care. No shows. I call Lynn at Visiting Angels and explain to her that my availability has changed. Lynn is a very cold woman. She basically told me "I told all the caregiver, you have to work on weekends." After that she didn't say anything. The day of the interview, the owner pretended to be very professional, brought me into the office, is a very square and small office. Basically Lynn mock and ridicule me because she found me connected with so many different company.

I was really angry in reply "So!" I have never met a company that mock and ridicule a caregiver before. Miriam was very unprofessional too. She call me said that there is a client that needs assistant, but never mention the hour, the language all other detail. Turn out, she has already tell the client I'll go for only couple of hours and couple of days and the person is Japanese. I told her, she shouldn't of tell the client that I am going. Miriam got piss/angry, excuse me she said back with an attitude. I have not heard a good review about this company... Do NOT work for this company, very unprofessional...

Original review: July 7, 2018

Lexi of Visiting Angels Mosinee contracted with Inclusa. She agreed to provide services to me 7 hrs weekdays and 6 hrs Saturday and Sunday. It happened for a short time and then it changed to about 1.5 hrs a day 1.5 hrs Saturday and no one Sunday. She has hired a woman Katie to cover for her. She is a blatant liar. Case in point. I will call from a bar Two's Company in Mosinee. Looking at Lexi, and Katie says she just stepped out. She's never at the office. Yet she's always on vacation. One week in Florida then the next in Las Vegas. She is running the business into the ground. Her payroll checks are bouncing. Yet she drives a new Cadillac Escalade.

My worker cashed her check several weeks ago at Walmart. It bounced. Now Walmart wants my worker to make it good. Two weeks later she cashed her check at Check 'N Go. It bounced. Now they want my worker to make it good. I brought it up with Katie. She lies saying "Our checks don't bounce." "We have proof." "WE ARE SUBMITTING COMPLAINTS TO "WORK & WAGES." THEY WILL HIT HER HARD. I have told GT FINANCIAL TO AUDIT HER. SHE IS SCAMMING. Lexi is now trying to play the reason I am only getting 1.5 hrs of care is because I have alerted the corporate office. She is in breach=of=contract numerous times and I want to take it to court. No one will work for her because she treats than like dirt and then bounces payroll checks.

I INTEND TO TAKE MY STORY TO THE MEDIA. MAYBE ELLEN AND DR.PHIL. A LAWYER IS A DEFINITE. It would be wise to get rid of her before all people will seek help elsewhere for assistance. Two workers have come to my home to work. One has stolen about $40,000.00 in property and cash from a Connexus credit card. Another has stole about $1,399.00 cash and stole my Direct Express Social Security debit Mastercard $2,100.00.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Not such a professional organization. Visiting Angels Branchburg, NJ provided me with a caregiver when I was in a horrible situation with my elderly mother, however, they never followed up with me on how things were going after that. Meanwhile, I have a sick husband and had absolutely no time to fully explain to them some of the things that were going on, being out every day with medical appointments or the hospital and giving the caregiver chance after chance to improve. The caregiver was mediocre to poor. She did not do her job well, to say nothing about helping me as far as extra support.

I do not expect care of me or my household needs but I have had other caregivers who washed a dish or swept the floor. This one just babysat my elderly mother at an expensive cost. She was not as attentive as she should have been, teased my mother to the point that my mother kept getting agitated. She ignored a lot of her conversation, did not exercise her when I asked, did not clean up after her as I asked, broke my dryer, bathroom faucet, clogged the toilet and bleached out my mother’s nightgown and carpet, broke the carpet sweeper, and a rung on a chair in my mother’s bedroom.

When I pointed these out to the caregiver, she agreed with me, says she will comply to my wishes to improve and goes off and does whatever she wanted, in the quickest, sloppiest and destructive manner possible. She never offered to help pay for her mistakes. I did all the cooking. She never cooked for my mother, even when she said there, "were not many vegetables" and I suggested she cook frozen – easy – and it was never done. I am the main caregiver to my husband who is ill and we have medical appointments or are in the hospital almost daily. For me, to train her or report her to the agency was not in my schedule and I admit I was wrong in giving her chances to improve.

When I had any interaction with the agency in Branchburg, NJ, they were rude and demeaning and always acted as if they were right, the customer was wrong. I realized this was not working and recently told the caregiver and agency that she would have 4 more days with us. She handled it unprofessionally, with an attitude, as did her agency. She left that evening and never came back the next day - to my surprise. If I did not come home from a doctor’s appointment when I did, my mother would have been left alone. No one told me she was not coming back. The agency was extremely defensive. This agency and their personnel are HORRIBLE.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Visiting Angels Audubon - They left my mother alone. I came home from work and no one was attending my mother. No one communicated with me that anyone left. The owner Lynn is nasty and condescending. Made excuses. I have enough stress in my life. I don’t need that. They were supposed to be there to help! She double bills me and my invoices are always incorrect. My worker I had quit because of the owner. Not trustworthy at all!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I was looking for help in caring for my 86 year old mom. I called Visiting Angels and scheduled my Assessment appointment. I was told that I would be receiving an email confirming my appointment and that they would include in that email, a picture of the lady coming to our home. That email never arrived. On the day of our scheduled appointment, I took the afternoon off work so that I could be there. Our appointment time was at 1:00. At 1:15 I received a phone call from Visiting Angels letting me know that they were running late and it would be another hour before they would be here. At that time, I told her to forget it, that I didn't want to do business with a company that doesn't keep their word and can't show up on time. I can't trust them to properly care for my elderly mother.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Hired Visiting Angels, the franchise based in Riverside, CA last week. The owner said they were flexible, "If you need us we will be there, we will send your Home Care provider on Monday to meet her and the Case Manager will call and confirm." Monday came and went, no call to confirm, no provider showed to introduce herself and the absentee owner never called either. This is another case of I want your money. They have a fancy brochure and website but do not care about your loved one. They only care about your $ 25.00 per hour and a $ 500.00 deposit. If you Love your relative, hire someone else, this company is completely unscrupulous and LIES.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Every person they sent to me are lazy, drug addicts, a few thieves. Stealing my pain medication, other items with others. I had one I caught kicking my senior cat and battering another for getting on the counter. Every one has not completed high school or any other training. They want to be paid for sitting and putting in their time when they show up. I had a accident that left me paralyzed but have been able to start walking a bit with a walker. I am not old and still have my mental awareness, I would never leave these people who can’t stand up for themselves. I feel for those people and their family because I am very sure those are the ones who being neglected and abused.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Visiting Angels Sunnyvale services are available 365 days a year for round-the-clock care. They offer a unique care approach to give my loved ones the best care available. The caregiver was great and the office staff are wonderful and very caring. Would highly recommend them to anyone looking for care for your loved one.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Most employees had no experience and did not have the professionalism to be in someone’s home. They were inattentive to my mother's needs unless I was standing over them supervising. The office had so many personnel issues that it was not uncommon for it to take hours for them to get someone out to my house even though we were scheduled far in advance. Moreover they threaten to remove qualified personnel if you would not pay more to retain them. Most stressful experience I have encountered.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

My 70-year-old Mother became the full-time caregiver for my father with Stage 4 Cancer 7 months ago. Due to distance, she's on her own the majority of the time. She has reached a point where she is desperate for relief, needing help in order to get out of the house to do anything. After much pleading, she finally reached out for help and made an appointment with Visiting Angels of Southern Maryland. The day of the appointment came & went, no one showed up. She called and was told that Barbara was on a home visit - well, she was supposed to be visiting my mother's home. She left a message for Barbara, 24 hours later, still no call back from Barbara and every time my mother called, she got an electronic answering service. Moments after this occurred, my Mother called me & asked me to try to call. Don't you know, someone answered the phone!

When Barbara finally called me back, under threat of negative reviews, she was unapologetic for the missed appointment. As someone in her line of work and who was familiar with my family’s situation, the ONLY thing Barbara should have said was "I'm so sorry for the confusion, let's talk about how we can make this right". Instead, it was excuse after excuse after excuse. We're having problems with the phone system, I didn't have an appointment for your mother, there are 2 sides to every story. Absolutely horrendous, would not entrust anyone from this company to care for my father, or a gerbil for that matter.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I went to apply with Visiting Angels over the weekend, stating I can only have 15 hours a week job, no less because I have to survive. The owner Marian email me. I put black and white on the application form that on the weekend that I am NOT available. During the interview, she "seemed" professional. She never once ask me if I have questions or not. Marian just goes on and on about where her and her husband go. I was ask to go into the office to fill out some paperwork. Her HR Lynne made a comment "you are register with 7 different co, that is unheard!" I said in return, I applied with them, doesn't mean that I am working for all of them.

When I came back to my room, Lynn called for a client only Tuesday and Thursday from 1-5, only 8 hours a week. I told her I can't accept the assignment because it is only 8 hours. That is not enough! I was resting taking a nap with the phone ringer off to take a break. She text me and call me, I return the call and she said "I give you a client that is 8 hours and you said no." I told her 8 hours a week is not enough to even cover the rent. Plus I put on the application that I need 15 hours, and I had ask if Marian is ok to work with me because I have food stamp and I cannot work on weekend.

Marian then start to mock me saying "you even register with 7 different co" and start to have a fit. Said "I even call the client tell them you will go???" (Now that is unprofessional, you do not call the client til you confirm the caregiver can take the assignment), and she said, "Oh no... I can't work with you. I am pulling you out from the system" or something. Very unprofessional, very dramatic. I never expect Marian to act like that kind of attitude. She make me speechless, can't believe the devil I am dealing with!!? And she hung up the phone! Do not, I repeat do not apply for Visiting Angels. I don't know what is wrong with the owner's wife Marian. Totally insane and unprofessional.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Visiting Angels is awful! The company sent uneducated and inexperienced girls to my mother's house, never a consistent person. My mom commented that one of the angels "talked rough" to her. One young girl went to my mother's home to provide help with food prep and companionship to my mother, 88, three days per week for 3 hours each day. For $75.00, they sent a girl who no high school diploma and a suspended driver's license. Soon she began to bring her 2 and 4 year old children to my mother's house! They ate her snacks and watched loud cartoons on her big TV (mom is mostly blind and partially deaf). The last day I arrived to find my mother's home trashed and my mother bewildered. VA charged $25.00 per hour for this abuse. It's horrible and dangerous to do business with Visiting Angels! I am considering legal action for elder abuse and breach of contract.

Original review: April 29, 2017

I had three in depth phone conversations with an administrator (LeaAnn) at Visiting Angels, explaining exactly what we needed in terms of care for my father. Since the company has a two hour minimum, and sometimes it takes less than an hour to get my dad ready for the day, we discussed that the caretaker would do light housekeeping with the remainder of the time. It's a small condo so it would be mainly vacuuming the floors and the couches. I mentioned that I would not be there for the first visit and that I could be on the phone if she had trouble communicating with my mom who has limited English but makes herself understood.

As soon as she arrived LeaAnn called me about why the paperwork wasn't filled out, and saying that someone needed to sign, and complaining about the limited English. I told her my mom could sign if all goes well. She hung up all frustrated. An hour later I called to see if they still needed my help and my mom told me they had left right away. After my mom explained that she expected light housekeeping with the extra hour, LeaAnn said that they didn't do that type of work (even though it is clearly listed on their website and we discussed it over the phone). Also, my mom told me that LeaAnn had a disdainful and condescending attitude towards my parents, while the caretaker she brought in was smiling and agreeable. It hurt me to have put my mom and dad through this.

Original review: April 21, 2016

We have separate Visiting Devils staff on film abusing my father by rehashing the death of his wife to the point that my father states that he would like to kill us (son/daughter-in-law) to which the Caregiver agrees, then declares on film to my father that she "should not be ** with because she works for the FBI" and went on to describe in great detail how she acquired genital herpes from her lover. The Visiting Angels staff replaced her with a drunk who was likewise caught on film, this time guzzling expensive red wine, morning, noon and night. The incompetent bookkeeper sent us bills belonging to other clients... who knows if we were charged accurately. Now out of the blue 1.5 years later the company sent us to collections without forewarning. The abuse levied by Visiting Angels required my Father to leave his home environment and caused my wife and I great anguish which 1.5 years later, continues.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

With a revolving door for bookkeepers, my account with Visiting Angels has never been correct. I was over charged for service I did not receive. Duplicate invoices that resulted in duplicate payments. We have been working since the beginning 7/29/2014 to get it straightened out. They even came to my house and we review ALL of my credit documentation, returned to the office, and then notified me that the credits had been applied. However, most credits were wrong and applied to payments that had no problems, instead to the correct invoice and payment.

We were working to figure all of this out. Until last couple of weeks in which they notified me that "it was what it was". Even though we have two different styles of accounting they have fixed everything and I have a balance due of $1003.73. My credits are $1066.62 and should be deducted from this last invoice. They are refusing to work with me now and in my guess have decided to just send it to collections. What I want is them to return to the table so we can work this out truly fair to them as well as to me.

Visiting Angels Company Information