Consumer Reviews and Complaints
The personal aides that were provided to my family from two different Synergy agencies in the area were terrible. They forgot to give medication reminders, let my father sit in diapers filled with urine for 5-6 hours, they didn't do light housekeeping, and never assisted with his home care exercises given by physical therapists. It is discouraging to see aides that are more concerned with resting, watching tv, and taking naps or talking on the phone, than doing the job they've been hired to do. When they were called out on missed medicine or meals, they would get angry and leave, claiming they were being treated with disrespect. It is amazing to me that someone would be so careless in their jobs, and then leave an elderly person who is handicapped without assistance until a replacement could come. This is not the kind of treatment you expect of a caregiver and for your elderly parents.
The quality of home care they have provided to my grandmother in her time of need has been amazing and I am truly grateful I called them to help us. It was not a cheap venture but it was worth it I could say but definitely did not fit my budget. I wish they could have worked with us a little bit more concerning this issue. The staff at synergy was very friendly from start to finish. Even the person on the telephone was very friendly and listened to my specific needs which was refreshing. Someone was available a few days after I had set up the service so I wish it was a little speedier but I cannot complain considering the circumstances.
The service quality experience is great and everything that I expected. They help me when I have a question or concern. They try their best to make sure that I'm satisfied. The service was definitely worth the cost and it is something I use everyday so I definitely ended up saving a lot of money in the long run. It's great and definitely worth the cost. The care work is very friendly. They always greet you with a smile and are always pleasant. They are some of the best people around and they really make sure that you are taken care of. Their service availability is great. They are pretty much available whenever you need them no matter what time of day it is. It's a great service and it's something worth the money.
Synergy provided excellent service for my elderly mother. We were very happy with its quality and attention to the details. We would recommend Synergy to anyone looking for home care services. The expense was a little high but we felt that it was justified for the level of service. The billing process was handled in an easy manner and was fully explained to us up front. The support staff was great - easy to get along with and were very friendly to my mother. I would recommend our staff to anyone who needed home care service. Service was available when we needed it. We had no issues scheduling calls and having staff serve our needs in a timely manner. I would say this was a strong point for us.
The staff is very well trained and respectful, which I find incredibly important. It's kind of complicated to get things started and work out care options afterwards, but given adequate attention things run very smoothly. I've had less positive experiences with other providers. I'm not happy with the cost, but it's not pricier than any other service of equal quality. So I guess my complaint is that I'd rather the government put some of my tax dollars into helping with this kind of care. It's so very essential and shouldn't be out of reach for so many people.
Honestly our caregivers are like family. We didn't expect that, but obviously hoped for it. I think perhaps people who go into this kind of work are more likely to be empathetic, but also this particular provider seems to choose its employees well. Once the initial kinks were worked out, things went smoothly, but this was the most difficult issue we faced. Our schedules are a little crazy right now with both my husband and I working and in school, but they were eventually able to accommodate us. I'm still a little worried about taking vacations and such, since it would have to be on shorter notice.
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Synergy HomeCare?
- 740,446 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
The service quality is absolutely exceptional. Customer care services was amazing. I would most definitely recommend them just based on that alone. Truly welcoming and amazingly helpful. The cost was less than I expected. I honestly anticipated a great deal more. With all the options provided and help given they made it so easy to choose what was best for us. They were so friendly and welcoming yet very professional and helpful as well. They took customer care above and beyond the basic and everyday the service availability was great. I was told what there was etc given the options and help to identify precisely what I needed and was looking for as far as what would work best for me and my family.
I was visiting my grandmother after we had her put there for reasons beyond our control. They were very good to deal with. The place was clean and well kept up. The staff are quality in every way. The service was very well worth the cost. I don't think anywhere else would be as cost effective or up to standard for us. We have been well satisfied and like it. The staff appears to be completely caring and in my opinion. I know that we always find the staff doing their job as they should. No complaints and hope there won't be any. The service availability was fast. I was amazed at how fast. They work hard to be sure you are accepted. Anytime we checked they had good answers for us. We call only a few times.
This is a company that links you up to keep your life with as much convenience as possible so you can live your life without issues unlike some companies. A little pricey but you get what you pay for mostly with anything this quality. You should always pay more for better quality. If you paid less, you would end up having lesser quality anyways. This company and their customer service is by far top notch. There is nothing any other companies could compare to the customer appreciation that Synergy offers. This service is offered in nearly every major city throughout the United STATES of America. So no matter where you go, you can count on Synergy to be there.
I could not have been happier with the quality of services provided to me. Wonderful experience from start to finish, I felt like a member of an extended family, and I was treated as such. Definitely worth the cost, as the services I was afforded were top notch, and every team I spoke with went above and beyond their job description. Every single person I spoke with was upbeat, friendly, and happy to help with any and every inquiry I could possibly have had. Never before have I encountered such passion and genuine caring from an individual or service in my entire life. I could not more highly recommend these people, as they changed how I operate in the world. At any time, day or night I was able to speak to someone, even about trivial matters. Each and every time, I was met with compassion and dedication.
I have much success with this product and am very satisfied. I would highly recommend it to others. It was very helpful and easy to use. The service was definitely worth the cost. I would encourage others to use it and take advantage of the services provided. They customized the service to fit my needs. Synergy Care was very friendly. They are very warm, compassionate caregivers who provide great care and respect for the clients. They definitely go above and beyond for clients. The service availability was very good. They were readily available and on call when I needed help. They are always just a phone call away.
Always friendly and helpful. Very professional. Answered any questions and concerns with knowledge and caring. On schedule and very efficient. Highly recommended if you need this service. Felt that I received excellent service for the price I paid. I'm on a fixed budget and was able to afford this service with no problems. Highly recommended. Very friendly and cheerful service. Professional and helpful, cared about any concerns I may have had. Made me feel at ease. Would definitely use this service again. Always on time. Had one problem with availability due to my changing the schedule and an emergency that came up, but they quickly accommodated me the next time.
Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor
Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.
As a leading provider of home care services, Synergy helps those facing a major life change or sudden lack of mobility.
- New mom respite care: A new baby is exciting, but it is also exhausting. Getting respite care may make the difference between a well rested and engaged mom and one who naps at every opportunity.
- Illness-specific care: Cancer patients have different needs than Parkinson's patients, and Synergy is prepared for all of them.
- Specialty recovery services: After a long hospital stay or in-patient care situation, seniors can find it difficult to stay on track with discharge instructions. This service is specially designed to help seniors regain their former health as quickly as possible.
- Managed care options: If you don't live near a loved one, keeping track of doctor's appointments, refilling prescriptions, handling scheduling and other tasks may fall through the cracks. Synergy Home Care's managed care services take the weight off of family and make everything run smoothly.
- Medical alert systems: Paying for round the clock care can be very expensive, and many seniors don't need it. A medical alert system can offer a lot of the same benefits of rapid emergency response, and with Synergy Home Care it's free as part of the service.
- Best for New parents, primary caregivers, elderly individuals, persons with dementia, persons with a disability, accident victims and terminal patients.
Question and Answers - Synergy HomeCare
What problem is Synergy HomeCare trying to solve?
- Synergy HomeCare is a provider of 1-1 caregivers. We provide caregivers who go into people’s homes and help them with the little things they can’t do for themselves, or things that are difficult to do on their own. The bulk of our population is seniors, but we serve people of all ages, including children. For our seniors, we help with personal care such as bathing, meal preparation, medication reminders, transportation, errands, going to the grocery store, etc. We can do occasional visits (which we call respite), be there 24/7 or accommodate anything in between.
The aging population is booming now, especially as the baby boomers age. Our services are needed when people want to age in place – not move to a facility. Oftentimes, all they need to stay home safely is a little help; someone to drive them to the store, help them change their linens, and check in with them to make sure they are eating and feeling well.
What are some examples of how Synergy HomeCare has helped families?
- We enable elderly individuals to age in place by providing one-on-one help in their home. Sometimes they are able to stay home with just a little bit of help (and sometimes with a lot of help). Additionally, we enable the families of our clients to lead a more normal life by taking over difficult or time-consuming tasks. We can do chores, run errands and be there for the client’s safety when the family cannot be there. Some clients, whether at a home or at a facility, are simply bored and need extra stimulation and enrichment. A 1-1 caregiver can provide the freedom to go to the movies, out to lunch, shopping or go for walks in nicer areas.
Synergy HomeCare is creative about coming up with a plan that works for each family. We’re able to accommodate varying family schedules and are always flexible and adaptable. Our services allow families to attend special events like weddings, vacation or a sporting event by providing respite care. We once took a client to a wedding so he could attend while the family focused on the festivities. When the client got tired and started misbehaving, we took him back to his facility.
We’ve helped clients gain access to long term care insurance coverage even though they had been denied with a previous agency. Our office manager has become an expert after working with so many insurance companies! We can even submit bills directly to the insurance provider and receive payments so our clients never have to worry about it.
When families are overwhelmed emotionally because a loved one is put on hospice, the day-to-day personal care adds a layer of responsibility that isn’t always manageable. Synergy HomeCare can do all the difficult things – bathing, diapering, feeding, turning – and the family can be there to spend quality time with the patient. A hospice organization will send skilled personnel to come in for about an hour, but this is hardly sufficient for someone who needs around-the-clock care.
Several of our clients come to us post-surgery or hospitalization for short-time help. We typically start on 24-hour shifts to be sure of their state and quickly decrease the hours of service based on need. If a family member cannot pick up someone from the hospital, we can fill that role. We have even helped new moms overwhelmed by taking care of a new baby.
Who are Synergy HomeCare’s ideal clients?
- Our ideal clients are seniors who do not want to move out of their home but need a little help to stay safe and happy. About half of our clients have some form of dementia and/or Alzheimer’s Disease. Our clients may also need help due to ALS, arthritis, cancer, MS, neuropathy, Parkinson’s Disease, stroke or any other illness or condition.
Synergy HomeCare is often called because someone is a fall risk, whether they’ve previously fallen and hurt themselves or not. We are also called after surgeries such as hip or knee replacement to ensure someone is safe after a hospital stay. We often work alongside hospice to provide more extensive care than hospice organizations can provide (often round the clock).
In most instances, we are contacted by the adult children of our clients. Referred to as the “sandwich generation,” our ideal client is an adult or child who has their own responsibilities (children, job, spouse), and is having a hard time coping with doing everything for their loved one in need.
How does Synergy HomeCare add value when working with clients?
- Synergy HomeCare is able to recommend which type of care is required. Families are often unsure of what they need and we can walk them through the possibilities. If we think we are not the appropriate service for them, we’ll let them know.
What sets Synergy HomeCare apart from the competition?
- There are many home care agencies out there, but we are certainly different. The owner and staff are very hands-on and nurture relationships with their clients and caregivers to provide better service than the competition. The initial meeting to understand the options available is done at no obligation, and no cost. This is usually enough for families to understand the company and determine if they can trust their loved ones with Synergy HomeCare.
We want to do this well because this is about people, and making people’s lives better. We want to be proud of what we do every day – and we are! We always look for ways to make what we do better than others, and we put our creative personal touch into everything.
What services does Synergy HomeCare offer?
- Synergy HomeCare complimentary services include a home assessment with no cost and no obligation, a complimentary medical alert with a minimum number of hours, complimentary family caregiver training and an introduction to other senior professionals.
Miscellaneous Synergy HomeCare services include recovery assistance after surgery and outpatient procedures, sitting with a patient during the recovery period, transportation to and from medical appointments, medication pick-up from pharmacy, move in from home to an assisted living facility and move in from assisted living to a skilled nursing facility
Our companionship services include friendly and supportive conversation, medication reminders and safety, standby assistance with morning and evening routines and the planning (and encouraging) of social activities. Our caregivers can provide incidental transportation, plan schedules and menus, encourage light exercise and active thinking, organize homes, provide respite care and Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
Personal care services include assistance with bathing and showering, personal hygiene, restroom use, dressing and grooming and mealtime feeding. Our supplemental homemaking services include errand services, light housekeeping, complete meal preparation, kitchen and bathroom cleaning and organization, laundry and ironing.
How does Synergy HomeCare measure success?
- If we have removed stress from the families, we are successful. If we feel that we are helping people and our clients are well served, we are successful.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the in-home care industry?
- Many consumers say, “It sounds expensive. I may just move to a facility.” If a client only needs a few hours, we are much cheaper and more flexible than moving to a facility. If they need 24/7 care, it will be cheaper to move to a facility – and we’re honest about that.
Home care is not licensed in California, and there is a wide disparity on standards set by each company. It is possible to cut many corners and charge a cheaper rate, but this isn’t what they should go for. We provide customers with 14 questions to ask any home care agency they choose to interview. Most won’t pass the questions, but we do. Some in-home care providers actually add cost to provide the best service. We also provide a resource showing the difference between using a contractor or private hire versus an agency. The costs between the two are different for a reason. Many consumers don’t realize they’re responsible for payroll taxes, worker’s comp, and finding backups.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- A number of new bills and laws affecting our industry have passed in recent years, and more are in the works. Caregiver exemptions were previously in place which enabled us to offer more affordable prices to the customers. The labor laws now in place to protect workers have forced companies to charge higher rates.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Synergy HomeCare?
- We love what we do. Our entire staff is passionate about working with our clients, families, and caregivers. You will feel it the first time you meet us.
Has Synergy HomeCare received any awards your customers would like to know about?
- Yes! In 2014 Synergy HomeCare received Home Care Pulse’s award for Provider of Choice and Home Care Pulse’s award for Employer of Choice. In 2012, Synergy HomeCare also won the SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web award.
How has Synergy HomeCare grown or evolved?
- Synergy HomeCare, a non-medical home care agency franchise, was founded in 1999 to provide respite and personal care, compassion and companionship for the elderly and disabled, and care for those recovering from illness, surgery or childbirth. Synergy HomeCare is headquartered in Gilbert, Arizona and now has 140 locations throughout the United States.
Compare Home Care Services
Synergy HomeCare Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Synergy HomeCare
- Year Founded:
- SYNERGY HomeCare Franchising 1757 East Baseline Road, Suite 124,
- Postal Code:
- United States