About Synergy HomeCare
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,190,212 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
The caregivers at Synergy home care North Houston/ woodlands location isn't reliable and allows caregivers to just not show up and there's no accountability. It's normal that there's a day where there no coverage and the caretakers have to cancel, but on three occasions back to back there was no show. We had to find plans last minute. What made it worse is that Juanita covered for these individual caretakers like they have a right to not show up every weekend. It seemed like most canceled more so because they didn't want to work weekends. So if you're looking for reliable caretaking to actually show up on the weekends... ??? Poor customer service and running of a company.
Do not hire this company in Colorado for many reasons. Money stolen, They would not send out a weekly bill until I terminated with them because of them allowing my 93 years old mother to sit and watch CSI until she was so scared she called me. Coloring in coloring books by themselves. Hiring their Husbands to do poor quality handyman work in our house while caregiver was working and then being paid cash only for it. Same person called in sick within twice 1 month of service.
When I finally received all the bills at one time they charged my Mother $450.00 for. 4 hr shift more than once. My Mom does not require ANY special care whatsoever ever. They did this multiple times on the bill. That is why they require you to fork over $2000.00 deposit so they can make these false charges and drain your account. Workers are not trustworthy. We finally received an email from Greg stating all my Mother's jewelry etc should be locked up. He refuses to accept any complaints regarding his company, Hospice of Denver read his emails to be and said to STOP with this company and gave me other names. Preparing meals 1 hr late all the time. They are thrown together frozen meals so there is no excuse. If you love and care for your Mom or Dad DO NOT hire this company.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
We needed home health care for my mother and father. We had 8-8 in the daytime and 8-8 during the evening. While we paid $30.00/hr, the caregiver said she was only getting paid $12.00/hour by the agency - For two people! We had one daytime caregiver that couldn't find a way home after her shift and slept on our sofa- three times! Where else would that be acceptable! The management (Synergy of Timonium) didn't seem to care about addressing our concerns.
Synergy has provided excellent homecare. They are completely reliable – never a no-show. Every Synergy homecare giver over time has been kind, respectful, and helpful. Our longtime Synergy homecare giver is a blessing. We do not need to tell her what things need to be done. She notices on her own and does more to help than we would ever have thought of. We look forward to her visits. She is like family for us.
We really appreciate your kind words, and most importantly that you have enjoyed your experience with us and our caregivers.
The SYNERGY HomeCare Team
I expected experience, and for $5.00 more an hour than NOW a professional service we are using, Synergy was not what I expected. The second day of service no one showed and I had to call into work! Of course they were good at sending the bill for two of the 3 days they were here. The only reason I kept them for the 3rd day was timing to find another home care service.
I am wanting to narrow down your feedback so that I can provide it to the relevant SYNERGY HomeCare office. From searching for the closest office in your state I am finding the Brookfield, WI office or the Greenfield, WI office. Was your personal experience with either of those offices, or was it regarding a different one?
Thank you the time you took to pass along your advice and experiences.
The SYNERGY HomeCare Team
Synergy HomeCare has provided us with a home health aide named Angie ** who has taken excellent care of my 85-year-old mother who has diabetes and congestive heart failure. In a very short time, Angie has proven to be a precious asset in our lives. She has a level of experience and understanding that is important at this stage of my mom’s life. She also is a great communicator and is in touch daily with me through texts and calls. She sends me pictures of the excellent food she prepares for Mom and helps her with walking her two dogs.
She does not let my mom eat food outside of the prescribed diabetic diet and works closely nurse to manage my mom’s medications. She takes Mom to her MD appointments and has driven her to a funeral for a family member. We have had a number of aides from Synergy work with my mom before they sent Angie and they were all good and helpful. Angie has raised the bar and I think she is a shining example of what great home health care can be at its best.
We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed having Angie assigned to help your mother. We love it when we are able to make the perfect match like that. Thank you for letting others know!
The SYNERGY HomeCare Team
Thurs. Feb 21, 2019. This company did not care for the safety of my elderly mother with dementia. They knew about her estranged and sociopathic son. Also along with the neighbor, they allowed him to take her away. The owner of this company did not notify us until Sunday. The proper forms were not filled out of the daily care at all. Since then, he depleted all her bank accounts which I was on, I paid the company and I have Power of Attorney within a week. Since then I have not been able to speak to my mother. He blocked all my phone numbers and my husband's too. I am not allowed to see her either. It’s now been 2 1/2 months. I notified the corporate office but have not received a response. Also, the owner of this company has not notified us or even apologized. We have retained an Attorney but still waiting. I implore you to take action against this company. I have been my mother’s caregiver for 23 years.
This company has numerous "medical" services on their website they say they provide, but are not medically trained for it nor do they really offer it. I have already told them to remove those sections, most likely won't since their own website review section won't let you enter an honest or negative review.
Our business is explicitly in the Non-Medical Home Care business. We do not provide at-home Medical Services like a medical provider may offer. Sorry for that confusion.
The SYNERGY HomeCare Team
Caregiver was deceitful and not trustworthy. They Failed on several levels to protect the senior and communicate with the family members responsible for the well being of the senior under their care. They failed to maintain the proper documentation of daily care being provided.
Your feedback on your experience is appreciated. If you are able to, would you mind letting us know which location you were working with in regards to this situation?
SYNERGY HomeCare Team
Updated on 12/26/2018: First of all they sent five caregivers in 4 days three of which were late. One never showed up at all. The professionalism of the caregivers was to be desired. They had no experience with ALS patients as they stated they did. None of them knew how to transfer my wife from chair to toilet. One at the caregivers came close to dropping her in the bathroom. Nothing but excuses from management. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Original Review: Hired Synergy HomeCare to care for my wife with ALS. They sent 5 different caregivers in 4 days. 1st day 45 min late. 3 day over 2 hrs late, 4th day was a no-show. All lacking in experience with ALS. Last day caregiver almost dropped her and hurt her. Worst experience.
Synergy HomeCare author review by Shelley Webb
As a leading provider of home care services, Synergy helps those facing a major life change or sudden lack of mobility.
New mom respite care: A new baby is exciting, but it is also exhausting. Getting respite care may make the difference between a well rested and engaged mom and one who naps at every opportunity.
Illness-specific care: Cancer patients have different needs than Parkinson's patients, and Synergy is prepared for all of them.
Specialty recovery services: After a long hospital stay or in-patient care situation, seniors can find it difficult to stay on track with discharge instructions. This service is specially designed to help seniors regain their former health as quickly as possible.
Managed care options: If you don't live near a loved one, keeping track of doctor's appointments, refilling prescriptions, handling scheduling and other tasks may fall through the cracks. Synergy Home Care's managed care services take the weight off of family and make everything run smoothly.
Medical alert systems: Paying for round the clock care can be very expensive, and many seniors don't need it. A medical alert system can offer a lot of the same benefits of rapid emergency response, and with Synergy Home Care it's free as part of the service.
Synergy HomeCare questions and answers
- What problem is Synergy HomeCare trying to solve?
- Synergy HomeCare is a provider of 1-1 caregivers. We provide caregivers who go into people’s homes and help them with the little things they can’t do for themselves, or things that are difficult to do on their own. The bulk of our population is seniors, but we serve people of all ages, including children. For our seniors, we help with personal care such as bathing, meal preparation, medication reminders, transportation, errands, going to the grocery store, etc. We can do occasional visits (which we call respite), be there 24/7 or accommodate anything in between.
The aging population is booming now, especially as the baby boomers age. Our services are needed when people want to age in place – not move to a facility. Oftentimes, all they need to stay home safely is a little help; someone to drive them to the store, help them change their linens, and check in with them to make sure they are eating and feeling well.
- What are some examples of how Synergy HomeCare has helped families?
- We enable elderly individuals to age in place by providing one-on-one help in their home. Sometimes they are able to stay home with just a little bit of help (and sometimes with a lot of help). Additionally, we enable the families of our clients to lead a more normal life by taking over difficult or time-consuming tasks. We can do chores, run errands and be there for the client’s safety when the family cannot be there. Some clients, whether at a home or at a facility, are simply bored and need extra stimulation and enrichment. A 1-1 caregiver can provide the freedom to go to the movies, out to lunch, shopping or go for walks in nicer areas.
Synergy HomeCare is creative about coming up with a plan that works for each family. We’re able to accommodate varying family schedules and are always flexible and adaptable. Our services allow families to attend special events like weddings, vacation or a sporting event by providing respite care. We once took a client to a wedding so he could attend while the family focused on the festivities. When the client got tired and started misbehaving, we took him back to his facility.
We’ve helped clients gain access to long term care insurance coverage even though they had been denied with a previous agency. Our office manager has become an expert after working with so many insurance companies! We can even submit bills directly to the insurance provider and receive payments so our clients never have to worry about it.
When families are overwhelmed emotionally because a loved one is put on hospice, the day-to-day personal care adds a layer of responsibility that isn’t always manageable. Synergy HomeCare can do all the difficult things – bathing, diapering, feeding, turning – and the family can be there to spend quality time with the patient. A hospice organization will send skilled personnel to come in for about an hour, but this is hardly sufficient for someone who needs around-the-clock care.
Several of our clients come to us post-surgery or hospitalization for short-time help. We typically start on 24-hour shifts to be sure of their state and quickly decrease the hours of service based on need. If a family member cannot pick up someone from the hospital, we can fill that role. We have even helped new moms overwhelmed by taking care of a new baby.
- Who are Synergy HomeCare’s ideal clients?
- Our ideal clients are seniors who do not want to move out of their home but need a little help to stay safe and happy. About half of our clients have some form of dementia and/or Alzheimer’s Disease. Our clients may also need help due to ALS, arthritis, cancer, MS, neuropathy, Parkinson’s Disease, stroke or any other illness or condition.
Synergy HomeCare is often called because someone is a fall risk, whether they’ve previously fallen and hurt themselves or not. We are also called after surgeries such as hip or knee replacement to ensure someone is safe after a hospital stay. We often work alongside hospice to provide more extensive care than hospice organizations can provide (often round the clock).
In most instances, we are contacted by the adult children of our clients. Referred to as the “sandwich generation,” our ideal client is an adult or child who has their own responsibilities (children, job, spouse), and is having a hard time coping with doing everything for their loved one in need.
- How does Synergy HomeCare add value when working with clients?
- Synergy HomeCare is able to recommend which type of care is required. Families are often unsure of what they need and we can walk them through the possibilities. If we think we are not the appropriate service for them, we’ll let them know.
- What sets Synergy HomeCare apart from the competition?
- There are many home care agencies out there, but we are certainly different. The owner and staff are very hands-on and nurture relationships with their clients and caregivers to provide better service than the competition. The initial meeting to understand the options available is done at no obligation, and no cost. This is usually enough for families to understand the company and determine if they can trust their loved ones with Synergy HomeCare.
We want to do this well because this is about people, and making people’s lives better. We want to be proud of what we do every day – and we are! We always look for ways to make what we do better than others, and we put our creative personal touch into everything.
- What services does Synergy HomeCare offer?
- Synergy HomeCare complimentary services include a home assessment with no cost and no obligation, a complimentary medical alert with a minimum number of hours, complimentary family caregiver training and an introduction to other senior professionals.
Miscellaneous Synergy HomeCare services include recovery assistance after surgery and outpatient procedures, sitting with a patient during the recovery period, transportation to and from medical appointments, medication pick-up from pharmacy, move in from home to an assisted living facility and move in from assisted living to a skilled nursing facility
Our companionship services include friendly and supportive conversation, medication reminders and safety, standby assistance with morning and evening routines and the planning (and encouraging) of social activities. Our caregivers can provide incidental transportation, plan schedules and menus, encourage light exercise and active thinking, organize homes, provide respite care and Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
Personal care services include assistance with bathing and showering, personal hygiene, restroom use, dressing and grooming and mealtime feeding. Our supplemental homemaking services include errand services, light housekeeping, complete meal preparation, kitchen and bathroom cleaning and organization, laundry and ironing.
- How does Synergy HomeCare measure success?
- If we have removed stress from the families, we are successful. If we feel that we are helping people and our clients are well served, we are successful.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the in-home care industry?
- Many consumers say, “It sounds expensive. I may just move to a facility.” If a client only needs a few hours, we are much cheaper and more flexible than moving to a facility. If they need 24/7 care, it will be cheaper to move to a facility – and we’re honest about that.
Home care is not licensed in California, and there is a wide disparity on standards set by each company. It is possible to cut many corners and charge a cheaper rate, but this isn’t what they should go for. We provide customers with 14 questions to ask any home care agency they choose to interview. Most won’t pass the questions, but we do. Some in-home care providers actually add cost to provide the best service. We also provide a resource showing the difference between using a contractor or private hire versus an agency. The costs between the two are different for a reason. Many consumers don’t realize they’re responsible for payroll taxes, worker’s comp, and finding backups.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- A number of new bills and laws affecting our industry have passed in recent years, and more are in the works. Caregiver exemptions were previously in place which enabled us to offer more affordable prices to the customers. The labor laws now in place to protect workers have forced companies to charge higher rates.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Synergy HomeCare?
- We love what we do. Our entire staff is passionate about working with our clients, families, and caregivers. You will feel it the first time you meet us.
- Has Synergy HomeCare received any awards your customers would like to know about?
- Yes! In 2014 Synergy HomeCare received Home Care Pulse’s award for Provider of Choice and Home Care Pulse’s award for Employer of Choice. In 2012, Synergy HomeCare also won the SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web award.
- How has Synergy HomeCare grown or evolved?
- Synergy HomeCare, a non-medical home care agency franchise, was founded in 1999 to provide respite and personal care, compassion and companionship for the elderly and disabled, and care for those recovering from illness, surgery or childbirth. Synergy HomeCare is headquartered in Gilbert, Arizona and now has 140 locations throughout the United States.
Synergy HomeCare Company Information
- Company Name:
- Synergy HomeCare
- Year Founded:
- SYNERGY HomeCare Franchising 1757 East Baseline Road, Suite 124,
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.