Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

Right at Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Right at Home?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Right at Home?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I signed up with Right at Home & they had someone set up to start. The lady never showed up. I called Right at Home to advise this and they immediately sent a replacement who came out & said she could start the following day. The lady sent me a text the following morning advising that she was sorry but could not be there because she got pulled over. That was it.... No more communication from her or anyone from Right at Home; no explanation or apology, nothing. I had to come home & take care of my mother.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I signed up with the Plainview Right At Home care for my elderly mother. To say I was extremely disappointed in their services and health aides would be an understatement!!

1. The office help rarely followed up on my any of my calls.

2. The first aide that was assigned to my mother cancelled at the last minute because she didn't want to drive in the rain!

3. Another day, the new health aide that was assigned to my mom didn't bother to show up. When I called the office to find out what was going on they told me that they were unable to get in touch with her because she wasn't answering her cell phone and they didn't know where she was.

4. The last straw came last week when they scheduled still another aide for two days to be with my mom while I was on vacation. Before I left I double checked with the agency to make sure everything was set, the dates, times and even the name of the aide too. While I was away, the day before the aide was supposed to come, I received a call on my cell phone from the owner of the company telling me that the aide will not be coming to take care of mom because they assigned her to someone else.

5. He also lied to me and said that someone from the office called my house to let me know they cancelled but when I got home there was NO message on my answering machine OR on the caller id on the phone.

6. I was livid with the unprofessionalism of the staff and especially from the owner!

7. I would NEVER recommend this agency to anyone!!!!

Get buying tips about Home Care Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

We hired this service one year ago to assist my Dad with caregiving of my Mom with Alzheimer's. The individual franchise owner provided good service and was easy to access. Just a few days ago my Dad received an email saying they were closing the business at the end of the week - only 3 days notice! The franchise was closed by the parent company since it had not achieved its goals of additional client growth although the franchise owner said his business was running smoothly. It is completely unacceptable for a company that exists in order to provide services for people who are dependent on their caregivers to close their doors with such short notice. If they truly cared about the people they serve and who provide their salaries, surely they could have kept this franchise open at least two weeks to give adequate time for finding replacement caregivers. Quite obvious their main concern is money rather than care of clients.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I hired the agency to take care of home and meal prep, so that I could go to my rehab services. Instead I had to stay home with each of the workers because they didn’t understand what to do. Both workers were unable to put things back where they found them, leaving my small apartment with the trip and fall hazards like a broom dropped across the floor and small trash containers in random places. One of the helpers actually damage, Watch out photographed and sent of the company but they did not take responsibility, And said it was her word against mine and clearly they thought I was a liar. I was treated with disrespect by the company and above all that was most problematic to me.

Despite my giving Right at Home very clear priorities of what I needed, the helpers, seem completely unaware of those priorities and were not matched to them them. When I called Right At Home, their Response was to read me the self assessment checklist the employee had given to them stating their capabilities. My #1 priority was cooking, and my lowest priority, #10, was laundry.

The helper who did damage, did not clearly understand English and could not read the labels and cleaning supplies. Despite being told not to clean the 60” TV, she put laundry stain remover on a rag and wiped the TV and must have seen her mistake because I found the wet rag hidden in a drawer and the stain remover stick left by the TV. I called the Right at Home manager and sent a photo, assuming they would be responsible. Instead they said it was her word against mine and sent me pages of instructions they had Googled for cleaning the TV. I had to remind them that my disability was the reason I hired them for care! If could stand on the stepstool, reach over to the TV and wipe it, I wouldn’t need their services.

Yesterday, for example, my top priority was for her to grill some chicken I had marinated that I could use for the next couple of days. Instead she did unnecessary laundry, washing a bag of rags from under sink, folded them perfectly, and relocated them to my bedroom closet, piled neatly on the shelf next to my tank tops! This was a Friday and she was scheduled to return Monday. An hour before it was her time to leave I reminded her that I asked her to go out and grill the chicken. She would do that on Monday!

Rather than trying to get fair compensation for damage done, I realize I was spending so much time emailing them and documenting what was happening, but the stress involved in dealing with the agency was not worth the services I was receiving. So I decided to cut my losses and fired Right at Home after that first week.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Used this service for my disabled wife to get a ride to dialysis and back. They sent an elderly woman who can't drive at night for a 6:30 am ride, so my wife drove herself and the Right at Home person rode along, and performed one service - putting her wheelchair in the van and taking it out, for a total of $94. Seems ridiculous to me to pay someone you don't know to sit next to you while you drive yourself.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I needed help with in home caregivers to support my husband following brain surgery that left him permanently disabled. This company assured me they run background checks and would not place anyone in my home that they would not place in their own homes. While not all caregivers were criminals and some were good, they placed a young woman with my husband 12 hours a day, three days a week, who had been arrested earlier the same year and had been in jail a few years earlier. She was a recovering addict with a difficult past. She was a deceptive, manipulative liar who wreaked havoc in our home. I would not recommend using them unless you personally see the background check results and have opportunity to interview each caregiver carefully.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We have had this company for two years. Half of the caregivers do not speak English, don’t follow the ‘care plan’, always in a rush to leave, and owners are inconsiderate and RUDE - so is the nurse “manager” - they should NOT be running a business let alone employing such terrible people who are only hired to basically babysit your loved one (on their phones most of the time)! FURIOUS!

Original review: July 6, 2018

RAH in Ogden, Utah. Don’t get involved with them. The big problem we had was with the owner, she constantly lied constantly to cover her ** about not returning calls, blaming caregivers for not being at someone else’s house when they were scheduled to be here and were actually here. Please don’t use their services. And if you’re looking for work, please look elsewhere.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I wouldn't recommend this service (Right at Home - Pinellas County) because they can't be depended upon to show up. Some of the assistants don't like to do the light housekeeping that is listed in their service contract. We simply couldn't use them anymore due to no shows.

Original review: July 17, 2015

Was employed to Right at Home @ 212 Medford Ave in Patchogue, New York. I was employed as a caregiver working 4 days live in 24 hours. After months of issues with my salary and my many requests for direct deposit I had no choice but to quit. Right At Home presently owes me a final check and is refusing to pay. At first they said my check was not released because I did not mail in time sheet. I had given my time sheet to the weekend girl to deliver in person as she drove and lived in area. Today agency said Medicare is investigating because they suspect I was forging clients signature. They said signature on my time sheets does not match that of previous aides. I called daughter of client who called agency to clarify. Daughter said coordinator was very rude and tough and they had no choice but to switch to a new agency.

Right at Home author review by Shelley Webb

Founded by a hospital administrator in 1995, Right at Home has an insiders take on what seniors and disabled people need to have independent and productive lives at home.

• Learn about your needs: A quick online assessment can help you determine what services you need and how often.

• Transition care: After a hospital stay, it can be difficult to get back into the swing of things at home. Right at Home offers transition care helping seniors take control over their lives after the hospital while working to avoid readmission.

• Create a custom plan: This company works with you to create a plan for ongoing services. They find a solution that works with almost any home situation.

• Skilled nursing care: Your loved one can receive almost the same level of care they would get in a hospital setting, without sharing care providers with a dozen different patients.

• Wellness programs: In addition to home health services like grooming and physical assistance, there are also general wellness programs that include medication reminders, exercise program development, nutrition and more.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Right at Home Company Information