1.00/5

6 Right at Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Used this service for my disabled wife to get a ride to dialysis and back. They sent an elderly woman who can't drive at night for a 6:30 am ride, so my wife drove herself and the Right at Home person rode along, and performed one service - putting her wheelchair in the van and taking it out, for a total of $94. Seems ridiculous to me to pay someone you don't know to sit next to you while you drive yourself.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I needed help with in home caregivers to support my husband following brain surgery that left him permanently disabled. This company assured me they run background checks and would not place anyone in my home that they would not place in their own homes. While not all caregivers were criminals and some were good, they placed a young woman with my husband 12 hours a day, three days a week, who had been arrested earlier the same year and had been in jail a few years earlier. She was a recovering addict with a difficult past. She was a deceptive, manipulative liar who wreaked havoc in our home. I would not recommend using them unless you personally see the background check results and have opportunity to interview each caregiver carefully.

Get expert buying tips about Home Care Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We have had this company for two years. Half of the caregivers do not speak English, don’t follow the ‘care plan’, always in a rush to leave, and owners are inconsiderate and RUDE - so is the nurse “manager” - they should NOT be running a business let alone employing such terrible people who are only hired to basically babysit your loved one (on their phones most of the time)! FURIOUS!

Original review: July 6, 2018

RAH in Ogden, Utah. Don’t get involved with them. The big problem we had was with the owner, she constantly lied constantly to cover her ** about not returning calls, blaming caregivers for not being at someone else’s house when they were scheduled to be here and were actually here. Please don’t use their services. And if you’re looking for work, please look elsewhere.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I wouldn't recommend this service (Right at Home - Pinellas County) because they can't be depended upon to show up. Some of the assistants don't like to do the light housekeeping that is listed in their service contract. We simply couldn't use them anymore due to no shows.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Right at Home?

Original review: July 17, 2015

Was employed to Right at Home @ 212 Medford Ave in Patchogue, New York. I was employed as a caregiver working 4 days live in 24 hours. After months of issues with my salary and my many requests for direct deposit I had no choice but to quit. Right At Home presently owes me a final check and is refusing to pay. At first they said my check was not released because I did not mail in time sheet. I had given my time sheet to the weekend girl to deliver in person as she drove and lived in area. Today agency said Medicare is investigating because they suspect I was forging clients signature. They said signature on my time sheets does not match that of previous aides. I called daughter of client who called agency to clarify. Daughter said coordinator was very rude and tough and they had no choice but to switch to a new agency.

Right at Home expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded by a hospital administrator in 1995, Right at Home has an insiders take on what seniors and disabled people need to have independent and productive lives at home.

• Learn about your needs: A quick online assessment can help you determine what services you need and how often.

• Transition care: After a hospital stay, it can be difficult to get back into the swing of things at home. Right at Home offers transition care helping seniors take control over their lives after the hospital while working to avoid readmission.

• Create a custom plan: This company works with you to create a plan for ongoing services. They find a solution that works with almost any home situation.

• Skilled nursing care: Your loved one can receive almost the same level of care they would get in a hospital setting, without sharing care providers with a dozen different patients.

• Wellness programs: In addition to home health services like grooming and physical assistance, there are also general wellness programs that include medication reminders, exercise program development, nutrition and more.

• Best for: Primary caregivers, elderly individuals, persons with dementia, persons with a disability, accident victims and terminal patients.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Right at Home Company Information