Right at Home

Compare Home Care Services

Research top Home Care Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Was employed to Right at Home @ 212 Medford Ave in Patchogue, New York. I was employed as a caregiver working 4 days live in 24 hours. After months of issues with my salary and my many requests for direct deposit I had no choice but to quit. Right At Home presently owes me a final check and is refusing to pay. At first they said my check was not released because I did not mail in time sheet. I had given my time sheet to the weekend girl to deliver in person as she drove and lived in area. Today agency said Medicare is investigating because they suspect I was forging clients signature. They said signature on my time sheets does not match that of previous aides. I called daughter of client who called agency to clarify. Daughter said coordinator was very rude and tough and they had no choice but to switch to a new agency.

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

Founded by a hospital administrator in 1995, Right at Home has an insiders take on what seniors and disabled people need to have independent and productive lives at home.

• Learn about your needs: A quick online assessment can help you determine what services you need and how often.
  • Transition care: After a hospital stay, it can be difficult to get back into the swing of things at home. Right at Home offers transition care helping seniors take control over their lives after the hospital while working to avoid readmission.
  • Create a custom plan: This company works with you to create a plan for ongoing services. They find a solution that works with almost any home situation.
  • Skilled nursing care: Your loved one can receive almost the same level of care they would get in a hospital setting, without sharing care providers with a dozen different patients.
  • Wellness programs: In addition to home health services like grooming and physical assistance, there are also general wellness programs that include medication reminders, exercise program development, nutrition and more.
  • Best for Primary caregivers, elderly individuals, persons with dementia, persons with a disability, accident victims and terminal patients.

Compare Home Care Services