Hydroxatone

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Same experience as the other reviewers - seduced by the offer of "free trial" products which I thought my wife may like. Then received advice my credit card account was to be hit with $300 charges. A telephone call to one of the company's "consultants" achieved nothing - do these people who answer our calls know or care about the sort of company they work for? Perhaps they're just desperate for a job. So have had to contact my card provider to get their help - more wasted time from a busy day. My wife is so disgusted she refuses to open the product - guess I should send it back. More expense for nothing. "Buyer beware" - never truer.

Disgraceful. I have told them not to send me any more of their products but they're still taking out the $90 Australian for the product. I am not receiving this product but they are taking the money out still every month. Have been for the last 4 months. I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND THIS COMPANY TAKEN TO COURT FOR EXTORTING MONEY ON FALSE PRETENSES.

I also fell for the free trial at a low price for both products. Then when they came I was not aware that they would be charged in advance every 2 months. By the time I rang the Australian number which was well after the supposed 30-day free trial, my charges were going to be $492!! I succeeded in cancelling further auto shipments but I will have to return the products which are now in transit. The person on the phone felt that the invoice spelt out clearly the charges and that emails were sent saying what date the next charges would be drawn against my account. Those emails went to my spam but I should have known better. I will never order 'free' trials again. I am worried by the other complainants in this discussion because it seems my card may continue to be charged even though I have cancelled the account.

Like the many others on this page I was duped into trying out the 'Free Gift' trial package, product. In fact I got it for the wife. Then suddenly without my realizing it another package arrived. I was a bit mystified at first and then checked my bank account and found that I like most of the other people on this site had been billed for two other deliveries. I immediately contacted my bank 'Bendigo Banking' and they put a stop on my banking card and arranged for a new card to be issued. Just like every one else this is an inconvenience as I won't have a card for a week, but at least these grubs can't access my account. Advertising is completely misleading, contract details hidden within the small print.

A complete scam. Contact over the phone to their call center, offshore of course, completely useless. All the young lady would keep repeating was that I owed the so many hundred dollars and that another order was in transit. I kept telling her that I had cancelled my card and that the account had been blocked. But she kept telling me that owed the hundreds of dollars. I told her to take me to court and sue me! I have, I hope, now stopped this company emptying my account. When I receive the next parcel (the one in transit) I will send the bloody lot back, supposing there is an address which I can't see on any of the documentation so far received. As a pensioner on a tight budget I am well pissed off by this experience.

I had a lady who struggled to speak English very well answer my attempt to try these two products. Supposed to be risk free trial and thought that connected through K-mart would be legit. I told her I had troubled skin and eyes and was wanting to try before buy. But was sent 2 months worth of products for 300 odd dollars. Rang them to explain that I did not want the products as not working due to irritation. Got a guy called Seth who was lovely but could only drop the price to $139.90. Absolutely furious as was led to believe this was sample and if not work would not be sent any more or charged. I have now spent $140 on a product I cannot use. So very angry, as helping daughter out financially and really don’t have a money tree in my backyard. Paid the $140 on 4/11/16 Would really like it back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydroxatone?

Disappointed with products sent on a supposed "free trial" basis which gets charged without authorization from my credit card many hundreds of dollars. When I finally was able to make contact with the company I was asked to return products at my expense to their Australian distribution center in Braeside. The telephone consultant tried actively to get me to hold onto the products or to find someone the company could enlist to sell these products in lieu of myself! I had paid only half of the exorbitant cost at $200 approximately and if I elected to keep them I must pay the balance before my account was deemed closed.

This company is not helpful or clear in their marketing of skin care products. The products did not agree with my sensitive skin on hearing this the consultant tried to sell me other "suitable" skin care creams. I refused this offer. I am sending back these two packages at my expense and hopefully will receive my refund for charges after 10 days of receipt of my parcels. I will never fall for so called free trial again. Learnt my lesson the hard way.

Like many others I was caught by the Bellaplex & Hydroxatone scam. They requested my card for the payment of postage fees & the invoice when it arrived stated that there was no charge except $7.95 for P&H. When you read the very small print it was a 30 Day free trial after which they would charge 2 payments of $69.95. I had a lady ring to tell me that I now owed almost $350.00. I was so angry that I had been duped that I rang their 1800 number and spoke to a man in the USA who arranged for a full refund of all monies supposedly owed to them by me. He also arranged for me to send the latest product delivery back to the company in Victoria which I have now done, so I hope this is the end of it.

I was in the situation as many others here. On 14 Sept I was using a computer in uni and a screen just came up and said that if I finish the survey, which is about rating the facilities in my uni, I can received a "gift" for only $2. BUT after I provided my credit card information, I was a bit skeptical since I have already paid for many serious prices of being careless. So I read everything on the website and found those tiny little words on the bottom of the website. I immediately found out that this is definitely not a gift, and they are going to charge me for further payment till like forever!!! Therefore, I'm pretty sure that I was not foolish enough to press the "process" button. However, I did receive the parcel from Hydroxatone on 9 Oct. I was so shocked since I did not even agree to order the products!! I checked my bank account and found out that they did charged me for the shipping fee without my authorization.

I was very mad about this but it was my bad that I haven't call to cancel any further order since I have been so busy with uni stuff. It was till today I found out that they actually charged me for another payment on my credit card!! Which is $90 something!!! Obviously it has not been 30 days yet upon I received my shipment, so it is unreasonable for them to charged me for a second payment.

I have no alternative but to call the company. Luckily after I explained everything to the customer service officer (including the fact that I did not agree to order the products), he agreed to cancel the order for me and help me with the refund process. He also said that I can just keep the products (which I'm still a bit skeptical about). I hope everything is going well now and they will not charged my credit card for another payment. Hope everyone can be aware of this kind of advertisement and products. Really don't want anyone to have the same experience like many of us here.

I too thought I would try the cream. Never again. I rung to cancel but was told I owed $139 and I had to pay that first. I was offered 50% off I said no. He was rude. Sat here and thought no way. Rung back and got a female, she offered 30% off. Once again I said no. I then said that I had read the Consumer Affairs comments. Was told to return products I had not used. I just told them straight. And I was then told I don't owe them anything. She then asked if I would be interested in another product you can guess what I said. So just goes to show they know they are in the wrong. So yes from 30% to 50% off then to nil balance. No way will I buy any products again.

I would never ever recommend that anyone agree to sign up with Bellaplex or Hydroxatone. It's a scam and the company has dubious marketing tactics. They don't care who they hurt as long as they get paid. I signed up for the "free" trial. I was supposed to receive a few months worth of Bellaplex and Hydroxatone. I paid for the shipping and the Hydroxatone never arrived. Two days before my shipment of Bellaplex came in the mail, I received a phone call from America, of which I was reluctant to answer. I thought it would be telemarketers. Thankfully I did answer after the second call. It was the Bellaplex marketers calling me. They informed me that they had already shipped me the products and would be charging me hundreds of dollars for the trial products.

I was extremely angry at this point, the website never disclosed that this would be happening. I immediately tried to cancel the order, I even asked if I could send it back. They said if I wanted to stop my order and stop them taking my money every month, they would do me a favour and give me a discount of $50 and only charge me $380 to cancel. I told them they would hear from my lawyer. I called my bank immediately asking what I can do about it. The lady from the Commonwealth Bank said to cancel my card and then they can't steal my money. So I did, now I don't have a card for a week but it's worth it so they don't drain my funds.

Placed order for FREE trial of Hydrolyze 90 October 8-2016 just pay $1.99 postage/shipping. Checked my bank/card account they had withdrawn $185.00 then 1 day later they withdrew another $185 from my card account not authorised by me. No order number issued. No communication regarding the second withdrawal. I had not even received the first order yet. A warning to others contemplating purchasing products from this company. Beware. They will just keep withdrawing funds from your card account unless you close your card account. They are scammers.

I ordered what I believed to be just a small sample of creams to try at no cost and no obligation as the advertising suggests. "Risk free trial". When you receive the "free sample- the enclosed invoice” fine print says that you will be charged after 30 days and that a new supply will be sent every two months. After reading this I contacted the company and returned all the goods as they directed and in an express post bag within the time frame to have no charges apply. As per their cancellation policy "Call customer service within 30 days of receipt and return products and you will not be charged for your risk-free trial." I have now been charged $94.72 on my credit card. There is no such thing as a 30 day free risk trial. Given this I can only assume that this is a total rip off and now reading other customers similar situations it seems a common complaint.

I was sucked into the 30 Day trial like most people and once I got the two different products I found that the chemicals used in the products were damaging to my skin so I called to cancel. What a palaver! They tried to sell me more products and then they asked for me to send back the goods so that I would get a refund. Ha! I googled the product and found this site and immediately realised that there was no way that they were going to cancel my account. I immediately cancelled my Card. Fortunately I had not got the second $69.95 charge on my card yet so there is no way I can be charged now. They wanted me to return the products but there's no way I am spending a cent on this toe-rag outfit to send back the rubbish. I wish that they were "outed" as much as possible and that no-one is hurt by these evil people anymore.

The pictures showed amazing results. I have fine lines and they have not been reduced at all. Then I got to reading the reviews on this site. I emailed them to say I wanted out of this 30 day trial, as the number I called from New Zealand never connected after the initial operating voice. They said to send back any future products I was sent before the 7th October. That was disturbing and I became very stroppy via email. They then said they would cancel my order. I did tell them I was told it was as easy as ringing up at any time to cancel my "risk-free" trial. I've kept the cancellation emails, but did cancel my credit card as cannot afford 120 US dollars a month on creams that don't even reduce fine lines. Unless you get plastic surgery it probably isn't going to work.

BEWARE! This company is outrageously lying to customers, product not great, these are not FREE samples at all, repeated payments get taken from your account and customer service is a joke. Shame on this company who are just exploiting people's insecurities...

Warning: these people are thieves and keep charging your credit card, I made a huge mistake of buying the Hydrolyze and Bellaplex "risk free" sample creams claiming a free sample to test, then they charge you $100.00, then another charge of $200.00. I rang up to cancel all products, then another $200.00, "Oh you just cancelled the "thin white tubes"." These people are monsters. Cancel cards the moment you make the mistake of submitting your card, they just don't stop taking your money!!

I did ask several times to cancel my order; they continued to send the product... kept billing me. Stupid me did not realize this. Finally I called them in July and canceled this order again... They said I owed them 69.95. I am going to pay the money but no more and this stuff did me no good. Thank you.

This product is subpar and the customer service is below average. I ordered 1 time. I tried to get the product to stop arriving. The product stopped arriving but they kept billing me. I couldn't get them out of my account. I had to close that account. They would not give me my money back even though I never received the product. Buyer beware. If there was anything I can say to save you from the experience I had I would. Product was a waste of money.

I personally love the whole skin care line of products. It was given to me as a gift from my aunt and I think it's perfect. I just can't afford any more because I'm disabled. I would personally recommend all Hydroxatone products to everyone.

Faulty product, hydroxatone skin and eye serum. I purchased a bottle of each of these products. They are not as advertised. Not to mention, the face serum was half or 3/4 empty. I feel I deserve a refund. How to get ahold of the company?

I too purchased this product on a 30 day trial. One week before the 1st payment was due to be withdrawn from my credit card, I telephoned the number supplied and told them that I wanted to return the product as it was not suitable to my skin. Yes I was pushed to buy the product at a discounted price etc but I stood firm. In the end I was told and given an identification number to stick on the return package and send it back within 10 days which I did and I haven't been charged further. I have read some of the negative reviews and find them surprising as my experience did not match those reviews.

I just want to shared my problem with this company. I read all the reviews. Seemed we have same problem. I had sign for trial their product and come just a little tube of cream. This morning I was surprised when I checked my card they charged me 98.88$ 4x without send me another product. Tried to called them to get my refund back but so many reasons. Went to bank to cancel my card so next time they not charged me. Please be aware with this company, that are fraud!!! I will not recommend to my friends.

I too, like so many have been caught in this BS scam. They said I had to mail it by 4/14. They got it on 4/16 and still charged my account $69.95 x 2. Then tell me they are going to bill me another $139 balance that they say I will still owe. So I tell them to send me the product back and I was told that's not how it works. I was told that I'm the scam for not returning it on time. That it's just like if I try to return something at Wal-mart after 30 days, but if I did that I would still have the product, idiot. Got placed back on hold with no warning. Called back and talked with a nice woman who told me I would be refunded my money in 3-5 business days and will not receive any further charges. I will never fall for anything like this again. Beware!!!

Of course should have read the reviews on these products first, but got sucked in. I signed up on the very confusing website for the FREE trial of Hydroxatone and Bellaplex but only got the Bellaplex x two tubes. I got an email from the company saying that I hadn't completed my order, so emailed them and told them I had.

Now after reading these reviews and realizing this was an Auto-Ship deal which I wasn't aware of I will be visiting my Bank and cancelling my credit card as the order total for two months supply is whopping rip off at $141.89 which I do not need. Just another SCAM to watch out for.

$1.99 offer each on 2 face creams, "needed to use both for best results." 2 packages arrived - wrong type of cream - wouldn't use it. Decided to return it. To return would cost $15-20 each. Decided to keep and just cancel any further order but they wanted $141.00 x 2 so I continued to explain I would NOT use the product and decided I WOULD send it back BUT it would be costing me $40 for something I never had!!! Eventually this young lady just CANCELLED the whole bill for me!!! Thank goodness -- I was very lucky to have an understanding service provider. She did very well trying to sell to me on behalf of her employer but understood my problem.

Tried their 30-day trial for face/neck cream. Took week to arrive tied it to heavy. Emailed company to get return information and cancel my account. Never received the information to send product back. Called them because they charged my card 140.00$ without my authorization and was told that only cancelled the automatic shipments not the first shipment and I still owe another $140.00 still. They also lectured me on their fine print and terms and had the nerve to still try to sell me something else while I was disputing their shipment and asking for a refund. That takes BIG NERVES to do that. BIG SCAM. STAY AWAY!!!

I signed up for the $1.99 trial and have kicked myself ever since. I should have been more switched on as I gave my credit card details. I have been receiving unwanted creams etc ever since. Naturally my credit card is being charged. I rang to cancel today and after some tele - nonsense and dancing I finally dodged the future offers and had my account frozen of future charges and, at my expense, I can return the creams and have my account refunded. What a scam. As I was hanging up, they were still trying to sell me MORE CREAM for just $139. I am not very confident that my account will not be charged again.

I have dark circles under my eyes and thought I would give this product a try! What I learned is that this product is not made for people of color! I have been trying and praying for some sort of result with absolutely no change. When I tried to call and cancel they said that I owed $140 to cancel for future products!! I still have products that were never opened and offered to send them back, that was a "no"! Then I was told he will give me a $40 discount and send me free products if I pay $140 today... and I said how is that a discount! I don't care for any more products! I finally got him down to $69.95... just to close the account!

I got ripped off and then he offered me wrinkle cream at the end of the transaction! I just laughed and said "you have got to be kidding me!! Have a good day sir!" I will not recommend this product to any of my friends or family. They were sending me product every other month!! Who can use that much!! And charging me $69.95/month!!!

I got caught by the advertisement for the 30 days free trial for Hydroxatone eye treatment cream. The cream arrived on 6 February and a week later I decided to return it because the only effect I noticed was the irritation of the eye area. I emailed the company advising that I want to return the items and asking for the return code as required. This came via email on 16 February with an instruction that the item must be received by 29 February to avoid my credit card being charged. On the same day I posted the unused items at the cost of $21. I was told by the post office that the delivery will take between 10 and 14 days (I am in Australia) and if I wanted to ensure that the parcel is delivered by the date stipulated by the company it would cost $56+ for Express.

I was not prepared to pay that amount of money but scanned and emailed a copy of the post office receipt to the company with an order that my card not be charged if the parcel arrives later than their date. I threatened to report it as a scam if I am charged. I pointed out that the 30-day free trial is not 30 days at all and the response I received from them was to wait and see. At the end I didn't get charged the full amount but I found their advertising misleading and their treatment of me as a customer totally disgraceful.

I cancelled product month ago. This month they charge me and said I didn't call and told me I owe more money. For what? Haven't received anything more than them 2 small jars so I bet they take my money again next month and say same thing. Do not fall for this product or this company, they scam artist.

Hydroxatone Company Profile