Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I would never ever recommend that anyone agree to sign up with Bellaplex or Hydroxatone. It's a scam and the company has dubious marketing tactics. They don't care who they hurt as long as they get paid. I signed up for the "free" trial. I was supposed to receive a few months worth of Bellaplex and Hydroxatone. I paid for the shipping and the Hydroxatone never arrived. Two days before my shipment of Bellaplex came in the mail, I received a phone call from America, of which I was reluctant to answer. I thought it would be telemarketers. Thankfully I did answer after the second call. It was the Bellaplex marketers calling me. They informed me that they had already shipped me the products and would be charging me hundreds of dollars for the trial products.

I was extremely angry at this point, the website never disclosed that this would be happening. I immediately tried to cancel the order, I even asked if I could send it back. They said if I wanted to stop my order and stop them taking my money every month, they would do me a favour and give me a discount of $50 and only charge me $380 to cancel. I told them they would hear from my lawyer. I called my bank immediately asking what I can do about it. The lady from the Commonwealth Bank said to cancel my card and then they can't steal my money. So I did, now I don't have a card for a week but it's worth it so they don't drain my funds.

Placed order for FREE trial of Hydrolyze 90 October 8-2016 just pay $1.99 postage/shipping. Checked my bank/card account they had withdrawn $185.00 then 1 day later they withdrew another $185 from my card account not authorised by me. No order number issued. No communication regarding the second withdrawal. I had not even received the first order yet. A warning to others contemplating purchasing products from this company. Beware. They will just keep withdrawing funds from your card account unless you close your card account. They are scammers.

I ordered what I believed to be just a small sample of creams to try at no cost and no obligation as the advertising suggests. "Risk free trial". When you receive the "free sample- the enclosed invoiceā€¯ fine print says that you will be charged after 30 days and that a new supply will be sent every two months. After reading this I contacted the company and returned all the goods as they directed and in an express post bag within the time frame to have no charges apply. As per their cancellation policy "Call customer service within 30 days of receipt and return products and you will not be charged for your risk-free trial." I have now been charged $94.72 on my credit card. There is no such thing as a 30 day free risk trial. Given this I can only assume that this is a total rip off and now reading other customers similar situations it seems a common complaint.

I was sucked into the 30 Day trial like most people and once I got the two different products I found that the chemicals used in the products were damaging to my skin so I called to cancel. What a palaver! They tried to sell me more products and then they asked for me to send back the goods so that I would get a refund. Ha! I googled the product and found this site and immediately realised that there was no way that they were going to cancel my account. I immediately cancelled my Card. Fortunately I had not got the second $69.95 charge on my card yet so there is no way I can be charged now. They wanted me to return the products but there's no way I am spending a cent on this toe-rag outfit to send back the rubbish. I wish that they were "outed" as much as possible and that no-one is hurt by these evil people anymore.

The pictures showed amazing results. I have fine lines and they have not been reduced at all. Then I got to reading the reviews on this site. I emailed them to say I wanted out of this 30 day trial, as the number I called from New Zealand never connected after the initial operating voice. They said to send back any future products I was sent before the 7th October. That was disturbing and I became very stroppy via email. They then said they would cancel my order. I did tell them I was told it was as easy as ringing up at any time to cancel my "risk-free" trial. I've kept the cancellation emails, but did cancel my credit card as cannot afford 120 US dollars a month on creams that don't even reduce fine lines. Unless you get plastic surgery it probably isn't going to work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydroxatone?

BEWARE! This company is outrageously lying to customers, product not great, these are not FREE samples at all, repeated payments get taken from your account and customer service is a joke. Shame on this company who are just exploiting people's insecurities...

Warning: these people are thieves and keep charging your credit card, I made a huge mistake of buying the Hydrolyze and Bellaplex "risk free" sample creams claiming a free sample to test, then they charge you $100.00, then another charge of $200.00. I rang up to cancel all products, then another $200.00, "Oh you just cancelled the "thin white tubes"." These people are monsters. Cancel cards the moment you make the mistake of submitting your card, they just don't stop taking your money!!

I did ask several times to cancel my order; they continued to send the product... kept billing me. Stupid me did not realize this. Finally I called them in July and canceled this order again... They said I owed them 69.95. I am going to pay the money but no more and this stuff did me no good. Thank you.

This product is subpar and the customer service is below average. I ordered 1 time. I tried to get the product to stop arriving. The product stopped arriving but they kept billing me. I couldn't get them out of my account. I had to close that account. They would not give me my money back even though I never received the product. Buyer beware. If there was anything I can say to save you from the experience I had I would. Product was a waste of money.

I personally love the whole skin care line of products. It was given to me as a gift from my aunt and I think it's perfect. I just can't afford any more because I'm disabled. I would personally recommend all Hydroxatone products to everyone.

Faulty product, hydroxatone skin and eye serum. I purchased a bottle of each of these products. They are not as advertised. Not to mention, the face serum was half or 3/4 empty. I feel I deserve a refund. How to get ahold of the company?

I too purchased this product on a 30 day trial. One week before the 1st payment was due to be withdrawn from my credit card, I telephoned the number supplied and told them that I wanted to return the product as it was not suitable to my skin. Yes I was pushed to buy the product at a discounted price etc but I stood firm. In the end I was told and given an identification number to stick on the return package and send it back within 10 days which I did and I haven't been charged further. I have read some of the negative reviews and find them surprising as my experience did not match those reviews.

I just want to shared my problem with this company. I read all the reviews. Seemed we have same problem. I had sign for trial their product and come just a little tube of cream. This morning I was surprised when I checked my card they charged me 98.88$ 4x without send me another product. Tried to called them to get my refund back but so many reasons. Went to bank to cancel my card so next time they not charged me. Please be aware with this company, that are fraud!!! I will not recommend to my friends.

I too, like so many have been caught in this BS scam. They said I had to mail it by 4/14. They got it on 4/16 and still charged my account $69.95 x 2. Then tell me they are going to bill me another $139 balance that they say I will still owe. So I tell them to send me the product back and I was told that's not how it works. I was told that I'm the scam for not returning it on time. That it's just like if I try to return something at Wal-mart after 30 days, but if I did that I would still have the product, idiot. Got placed back on hold with no warning. Called back and talked with a nice woman who told me I would be refunded my money in 3-5 business days and will not receive any further charges. I will never fall for anything like this again. Beware!!!

Of course should have read the reviews on these products first, but got sucked in. I signed up on the very confusing website for the FREE trial of Hydroxatone and Bellaplex but only got the Bellaplex x two tubes. I got an email from the company saying that I hadn't completed my order, so emailed them and told them I had.

Now after reading these reviews and realizing this was an Auto-Ship deal which I wasn't aware of I will be visiting my Bank and cancelling my credit card as the order total for two months supply is whopping rip off at $141.89 which I do not need. Just another SCAM to watch out for.

$1.99 offer each on 2 face creams, "needed to use both for best results." 2 packages arrived - wrong type of cream - wouldn't use it. Decided to return it. To return would cost $15-20 each. Decided to keep and just cancel any further order but they wanted $141.00 x 2 so I continued to explain I would NOT use the product and decided I WOULD send it back BUT it would be costing me $40 for something I never had!!! Eventually this young lady just CANCELLED the whole bill for me!!! Thank goodness -- I was very lucky to have an understanding service provider. She did very well trying to sell to me on behalf of her employer but understood my problem.

Tried their 30-day trial for face/neck cream. Took week to arrive tied it to heavy. Emailed company to get return information and cancel my account. Never received the information to send product back. Called them because they charged my card 140.00$ without my authorization and was told that only cancelled the automatic shipments not the first shipment and I still owe another $140.00 still. They also lectured me on their fine print and terms and had the nerve to still try to sell me something else while I was disputing their shipment and asking for a refund. That takes BIG NERVES to do that. BIG SCAM. STAY AWAY!!!

I signed up for the $1.99 trial and have kicked myself ever since. I should have been more switched on as I gave my credit card details. I have been receiving unwanted creams etc ever since. Naturally my credit card is being charged. I rang to cancel today and after some tele - nonsense and dancing I finally dodged the future offers and had my account frozen of future charges and, at my expense, I can return the creams and have my account refunded. What a scam. As I was hanging up, they were still trying to sell me MORE CREAM for just $139. I am not very confident that my account will not be charged again.

I have dark circles under my eyes and thought I would give this product a try! What I learned is that this product is not made for people of color! I have been trying and praying for some sort of result with absolutely no change. When I tried to call and cancel they said that I owed $140 to cancel for future products!! I still have products that were never opened and offered to send them back, that was a "no"! Then I was told he will give me a $40 discount and send me free products if I pay $140 today... and I said how is that a discount! I don't care for any more products! I finally got him down to $69.95... just to close the account!

I got ripped off and then he offered me wrinkle cream at the end of the transaction! I just laughed and said "you have got to be kidding me!! Have a good day sir!" I will not recommend this product to any of my friends or family. They were sending me product every other month!! Who can use that much!! And charging me $69.95/month!!!

I got caught by the advertisement for the 30 days free trial for Hydroxatone eye treatment cream. The cream arrived on 6 February and a week later I decided to return it because the only effect I noticed was the irritation of the eye area. I emailed the company advising that I want to return the items and asking for the return code as required. This came via email on 16 February with an instruction that the item must be received by 29 February to avoid my credit card being charged. On the same day I posted the unused items at the cost of $21. I was told by the post office that the delivery will take between 10 and 14 days (I am in Australia) and if I wanted to ensure that the parcel is delivered by the date stipulated by the company it would cost $56+ for Express.

I was not prepared to pay that amount of money but scanned and emailed a copy of the post office receipt to the company with an order that my card not be charged if the parcel arrives later than their date. I threatened to report it as a scam if I am charged. I pointed out that the 30-day free trial is not 30 days at all and the response I received from them was to wait and see. At the end I didn't get charged the full amount but I found their advertising misleading and their treatment of me as a customer totally disgraceful.

I cancelled product month ago. This month they charge me and said I didn't call and told me I owe more money. For what? Haven't received anything more than them 2 small jars so I bet they take my money again next month and say same thing. Do not fall for this product or this company, they scam artist.

The reviews I have read are all true (it is a scam). They count on you to forget to cancel the order after the 30 days so your card can be charged. I received both products in the mail and two days later I called to cancel and was told my 30 day trial was not up yet. And I told them I didn't want the product and to cancel any future orders. They proceeded to tell me that I needed to send back the trial creams so I agreed and it cost me $7. So I put a tracking on it to make sure it was received and I received a email stating it. Whatever you do don't get neither one of these product. The price they want to charge is ridiculous and not worth it.

This comp is tied in with Dream Products of CA. They sent me some face cream in 2 different packets. If I wanted it I would be billed over $150.00 for each one over the next 3 months. I called and complained and I canceled the order, but I had to pay to return it. It cost me $7.50 to ship it back, and I made sure I shipped it with a return signature so they could not say they never got it. This company is doing business with SEM Budget Savers. They all a bunch of scammers so stay away from them.

As I was reading other's reviews prior to making my complaint, I realized that I'm not being unreasonable at all. Everything that I have experienced with hydroxatone and bellaplex others have experienced as well. I too signed up for a "risk free" trial and occurred 2 charges to my bank account causing me to overdraft and my overdraft fee is $35.00 and my bank does not cover. Needless to say they actually did refund me for $29.95 but not the overdraft fee. Now last night and see where 69.95 was billed to my account!!! What? That's another overdraft fee. This was my first and last time ever giving my credit card information to any "risk-free" trial. It is a bunch of bull. I am going to return products and just see if they honor their refund for the $69.95. Either way I'm out $70.00 worth of overdraft fees!

DO Not use this product. Continued transactions from bank accounts without authorization. Not happy and going to take it further. Customer NO **.

The company says you can get a free trial .It doesn't stop there. If you don't send the trial product back within 30 days, they will keep sending more expensive skin care products every month and taking money out of your bank account. If you don't send the trial products back, they charge you $140. Nothing free about that.

I am in the same boat as everyone else here. A website that I use all the time, can't recall the site, had a screen come up and say I was a valued customer and would like to offer me some items. They are advertised as a sample with $1.99 postage. Of course 4 items arrived in the post last Friday and it said I will be charged $69.95 per month with automatic reordering of the product, not bad for what was supposed to be a sample. I rang them straight away and spoke to someone who had a very strong accent. I certainly told them what I thought of their dodgy methods and if they have to resort to selling their products by deception it must be garbage. Told them I am not paying and they can have it back but all this dimwit could say is they will extend my trial period so I could try them.

Tomorrow I will be contacting them again and asking for the method of returning the products then contacting the bank to see if they can stop them from taking any money out, maybe they will cancel my card and issue another one. If I can find out the site I was on when this offer popped up I will also tear them a new one as well.

This is a scam (Bellaplex). Cancel your cards immediately. I ordered a 30 day trial, paid $1.99 S&H and after two weeks of use I developed a rash. I promptly returned the 2 items (anti-wrinkle cream) which arrived and were accepted by the company (Hydroxatone). Within a few days a charge of $69.95 appeared on my card before the trial period elapsed. I made several calls to acquire a refund and two of their staff said the charge will be refunded promptly and apologized for any inconvenience. Still no refund. Now at seven weeks later their files show no such charge. Hydroxatone must have monkied with the books. This is now in my bank's hands and debit card cancelled. Sam's Club has GENES CREAM. Very rea$onable and it works in the reduction of wrinkles, skin lesions and more.

I signed up for a "free sample" of this product and it's associated product, Bellaplex. The items arrived and I thought no more about it. I was charged a nominal amount which showed up on my credit card statement. Two months later another package arrived; this time I read the invoice more closely and saw that they had charged me $146.85, and in fine print, it indicated they would be charging me $69.95 every three months, along with a small shipping charge of 6.95, plus any applicable customs fees/taxes, and conversion charges to $Aus dollars. I found the "free sample" somewhere whilst surfing the net, and foolishly signed up, never realising I had joined their "Beauty Auto Ship Program".

Do not deal with this company, they are misleading and duplicitous. I immediately cancelled my credit card. The company says they will refund me, after I told them it was a scam and would report them. The bank will dispute the charges. Now I'll have to contact all my automatic debit utilities, etc. Waste of my time. If you've had a similar experience, kindly let others know.

The product itself is wonderful but the company is run very poorly. I signed up after using the product to be on auto shipments and it worked very well for a couple years then not so much. For some reason and not by my doing, they took my off auto shipments and have had trouble ever since. I have been charged every month since November and finally had to close my bank account because the representatives cannot figure things out. I gave the same person two chances to "fix" this and never did. He blamed other reps and assured me each time we spoke that this situation was rectified, which it was not. Very unhappy with the so called customer service and was treated horribly by them. Will never use them again or recommend.

Hydroxatone Company Profile