Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.26/5

Hubble Contacts Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I joined Hubble last year in an attempt to find some kind of contacts that were comfortable and affordable. Because of my job (hair stylist) my ophthalmologist told me I needed to wear disposable dailies. Of course, the only ones that would suit me were $99/box. I am lucky that both eyes wear the same Rx otherwise it would have been two boxes at $99. I tried Hubble on a whim with a two week free trial. These contacts are honestly the most comfortable I've ever owned. They don't dry out while I am at work blow drying and encountering chemicals. I don't need to use eye drops to rewet them.

The company always sends my next box on time, billing date is consistent. They email me to let me know it's coming. One month, I realized I needed my next box a week early because I was going out of town and would run out on my vacation and wouldn't be home to bring them inside for a week. They billed me that day and mailed them out a week early, which was brilliant. So helpful. The quality is consistently good. I like that they've added the HUB markings so you can tell if they're right way out, they didn't have that at first and the lenses are so thin you could put them in backwards and not realize it until the rim itched inside the eye. I really enjoy my Hubble lenses and plan to continue my subscription for a while to come.

Hi Carlie,

Thank you so much for your awesome review! I am so happy to hear Hubble has made your life so much easier on the job and beyond. I'm also glad to know you received the help you needed in a timely manner from our team. If yo ever have any questions or concerns please send us an email to help@hubblecontacts.com with the subject line "Attn:ConsumerAffairs" and we'll be more than happy to help out.

- Maya

Original review: April 3, 2019

I really was trying to find a better solution for me to wear contacts that didn’t require me to bring a case, contact solution and maybe an extra pair of lenses. My coworkers and I started to talk about our vision and eventually found ourselves talking about the contacts we have. They made wearing daily contact lenses like a breeze! So I started to look up prices compared to the one I usually get which are monthly and some came out to a little more than what I was paying for so I didn’t see it was worth it.

Later I had seen an ad on social media that you could try Hubble’s daily lenses for a week for free and decided to try it. After signing up I was SO surprised it had gotten to me in just a few days and I live in Hawaii. It came with 15 lenses which is just about enough for a week and I was just about to go on a trip so I brought just those with me. Thankful I just needed to bring those with me and not a case and a bottle of solution so it lessened up the things I need to pack.

To get straight to the point I LOVE Hubble. I don’t always wear contacts every day so I don’t feel like I’m wasting the value of using monthly’s. It’s light and comfortable on my eyes and It was so easy to sign up, quick to get to me and efficient to have. You also have the option to recycle the lens holders! Very conscious of them since there’s so much waste being produced. 10/10 recommend. Love!

Get expert buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have been using contact lenses for almost 25 years now, so I have a LOT of experience with both the good and the bad. I have been on Daily Disposables for about 5 years or so now and love them! There is something nice about having a fresh pair every day and there is a lot of convenience when it comes to travel. I have found the lenses to be a good quality and I rarely have a lens that doesn't "feel right." One thing I find to be super helpful, especially in the morning with my eyes still waking up, is the imprint of the interior of the lens. If you hold the lens up to the light in front of you, the word "hub" is etched along the edge of the contact.

If you can read the word correctly looking from the inside of the lens outward, then you know you will put those things in right every time. I used to have that in another brand years ago and have missed it until I got my Hubble lenses. I also enjoy the flexibility the company affords. If I know I am traveling and will be out of town during a scheduled delivery, it has never been a problem to call up and ask for them a week early (if I need some for the trip) or a week later if I have enough to cover me. I would definitely recommend this company to friends and family and will be with them for a long, long time.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I've been using Hubble Contacts for about a year now. I've had no problems and the service has been reliable. Now understand, I don't have any extraordinary eye problems: I'm just nearsighted. It irks me to no end that if I want contacts, I have to go to an optometrist every year and get a new prescription, even though I know nothing has changed. When regular health insurance doesn't cover eye health, this means I either have to purchase eye insurance (which is always very limited in its coverage) or pay out of pocket. Then I have to pay for all the contacts. (Which often are barely covered by insurance if at all... But hey I get a $35 refund... Yay?)

So when I saw consumer warnings that they don't verify prescriptions, all I could think is, "I don't have a problem with that! I just moved. I'm not interested in finding another optometrist and paying a ton of money when I know nothing has changed with my eyes this year. Good for Hubble!" But the FDA! It's not legal! Whatever. If it was that important, it would be covered under regular medical insurance. But it's not. So I don't care what the regulations are.

Another warning spoke against them because they use an obsolete material. (This page has their own products to sell.) But since I change my contacts every day and only wear them 5 days a week (or less if my allergies are giving me problems), this doesn't really concern me. And when I'm not wearing Hubble, I wear Zenni glasses... Another non-verified company that does excellent and affordable work! Plus, since I don't wear them every day, I've accumulated a small stockpile, so I love that I can save a little money by placing the service on hold for a month or two. So all this to say, I am happy with Hubble Contacts. If you're like me, go for it. If you have more serious problems, or money is not a concern, or you love overreaching government regulations, then avoid them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I first started using Hubble contact lenses when I got a free two week trial. Ordering my lenses, uploading my prescription and use of their site was simple. Shipment was fast. I liked them so much I decided to keep buying them. They always arrive on time before I run out (I wear them every day), and I don't even have to think about it! Overall, I have been very pleased with customer service and shipping.

There are, however a couple of things to note about the lenses. I would not recommend sleeping in these lenses, ever. When it has happened accidentally, I wake up and they are extremely dry and pasted to my eyes. Now, I understand that these are not meant for sleeping, or wearing for more than one day, but compared to name brand competitors like Acuvue and Ciba Vision, these seem to make my eyes feel a little more dry, like I said if I fall asleep with them in or after a long work day. But given the value, price and convenience, this factor is not bad enough to make me not love them.

Secondly, in the year or so that I have been using Hubble contacts, about three times it has happened where I go to open an individual lenses and it is none dry inside, like either the solution leaked out or none was put in. Each time, the lenses were sealed before I opened them. Thus, I had to throw a few out, but this only happened a few times. So that is a minor packaging inconsistency as I see it. Overall, I have been pleased with these contacts, and they are about half the price of daily contacts from leading competitors. I would have rated 5 stars if not for the occasional dryness and packaging issues. I would recommend and have recommended these to friends!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hubble Contacts?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

They charge you on the last day not the 16th day as advertised but the 15th day and there is nothing you can do about it. Just kept hitting a block wall with them even though I technically had enough time to cancel, which I did online and it showed no orders placed no orders shipped, customer support still said it was shipped and nothing they can do.

I was able to stop the charge through my bank and will ship the contacts back to them because they are not worth it and hurt after a few minutes of being in. My bank was able to cancel the charge. 1 day later I see a charge again from them. I am beyond disappointed in the lack of recourse available to the consumer. I was hoping I found a simple solution to an every day issue, its not like I ordered makeup, I ordered contacts because I can't see. So why would you stick a customer with a product that impairs their eyesight for money in your pocket. At least allow the customer to receive the product first and try them out before you charge them for another box before the 16 days.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I love the convenience of Hubble, and that I can choose my delivery schedule and change it anytime I want. Very satisfied with the quality and price! *I am posting this review as part of a promotion where I will receive a benefit in exchange for my honest review.

Hello Caitlin,

Thanks so much for your review! Glad to hear you're enjoying the Hubble expereince.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I've used this company once before but canceled my subscription. I recently logged into my account online and accidentally hit "re activate my subscription". I immediately (as in within 30 seconds) called customer service to cancel. I was told they couldn't do that, and that the contacts had been shipped already. IN 30 SECONDS??!! I asked to speak to a manager, and was told no, that he would tell me the same thing. I asked again and was put on hold for 6 minutes. The rep comes back to tell me that a supervisor isn't available and one will call me. Convenient.

Days later I get an email (not a phone call) from a "supervisor" (who refused to call me this entire time mind you) and told me once again, nope can't cancel the order. I said, "Ok fine, I'll just ship them back to you for a refund once I receive them." He tells me, "No, we do not offer refunds." This company is a complete scam and they obviously train their employees to lie for the companies' benefit. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

They charge you even before you receive the contacts, buyer beware! Scam artists! I asked repeatedly for my money back that they charged even before the contacts arrived and each time they said, sorry no returns. I was only asking them to honor what they advertised. They refused. Buyer beware!

Hello Michele,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I’m sorry to hear the subscription charge came as a surprise to you, as we try to make this clear throughout the ordering process. We charge you for orders created on the day they are scheduled to go out as stated on our policy. To view and edit your delivery schedule, you can log into your Hubble account. If you’d like to cancel your subscription, please call 1-619-404-0542 between 9am & 5pm EST, Mon through Fri.

- Maya

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I remember what my life used to be like before Hubble! First I would have to spend a ridiculous amount in bulk each year to order a year’s supply of my daily wear contacts, then I’d have to clear out a section of my closet to keep all the boxes there! Hubble solved those problems for me. They are flexible (you can pause your subscription if you've been wearing your glasses a lot) and customer service is amazing. I've never had to wait more than a day for a reply. My prescription lasts 2 years and it's taken the guesswork out of this small part of my get ready routine. The box is perfect sized for my mailbox and I’ve never had any issues. Do yourself a favor and get HUBBLE! Full Disclosure – I love this company but I am posting this review as part of a promotion where I will receive a benefit in exchange for my honest review.

Hubble Contacts response

Hi Mini, thank you so much for your amazing review! We're so happy we could make your life so much easier. Hope to have you aboard for many years to come!

Hubble Contacts Company Information