3.8/5 (397 ratings)

About Hubble Contacts

Hubble Contacts is an online prescription contact lens provider that offers daily contacts at an affordable price. The company sells FDA-approved contact lenses made with high quality ingredients that help maximize comfort and visibility. Hubble has made a commitment to sustainability by making both the lens packs and boxes recyclable.

Hubble Contacts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hubble Contacts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hubble Contacts?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

The quality of the lenses are good but after 6-7 hours of use I'm starting to have issues with my sensitive eyes. I think it would be great if they do a version for sensitive eyes with a silicone base, for instance. But the quality is better than other similar brands on the market. It's good that you can skip one more or two for the subscription if you need to, but it's not good that you actually need to call them in order to cancel your subscription. We are in the digital era please! Overall I am happy with the service. I am posting this review as part of a promotion where I will receive a benefit in exchange for my honest review.

Hi Marcos,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I’m so glad that the subscription service is working out well although sorry that our lenses weren't comfortable enough. I understand that this isn't for everyone. Cancelling your subscription is easy, you can cancel via email if calling does not work for you. But we would like to further assist you, to do this, I’ll be in touch shortly via private message. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Roxanne

Original review: April 29, 2021

I love the Hubble daily contacts. They’re great and comfortable and I have zero issues with them. Getting them monthly is SO EASY. I am giving four stars due to a customer service experience although this would NOT prevent me from using this company. I moved and forgot to change my shipping address, I was notified of the charge but my items had NOT yet shipped and wouldn’t for 1-2 days. I emailed twice to change the address and never got a response which was frustrating. Fortunately the new owner at my old address let me know and I picked them up. Otherwise, very happy and will keep using them.

Hello Leah,

Thank you so much for your review! We're very happy to have you aboard, although we do apologize for the difficult expereince you had when trying to update your mailing address. If you ever run into any trouble again please email us at help@hubblecontacts.com with the subject line "Attn:Consumer Affairs" and we'll be more than happy to help.

Maya

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Hubble Contacts have been great for me. They come in the mail. Very easy to order. the only complaint that I have is sometimes they get my prescription wrong and also I would love to be able to see different colors as far as what color contact I was like and also sometimes they send more than what I ordered and I get charged for extra but I do have to say I use them but it does kind of

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I have worn contacts since 1996. I have worn multiple brands made of multiple materials, including funky colors during my rocker phase, and tried every contact lens solution available. I have had approximately 10 different optometrists in several different cities as I’ve moved around in life. First, let me address some of the claims/concerns I have seen regarding Hubble’s “material”. It’s the same material that has been used in contacts since 1986 and it's the same material that’s been in contact with my eyes thousands of times over the years with no issues.

I have seen bizarre claims that Hubble contacts don’t allow your eyes to “breathe”. This seems more like propaganda produced by optometrists because they are losing business. When most contacts were made of this material, I never saw anyone running around holding their face screaming “my eyes can’t breathe!”. Do your eyes “breathe” while your eyes are shut sleeping all night? I, personally, do not oxygenate my eyeballs all night. Plus, the Hubble lens material actually does allow oxygen through, just not at the rate of the newer silicone gel lenses. But I guess some people need an iPhone 12 pro max when an iPhone 7 still runs the same iOS.

I am happy to avoid going to my optometrist because they, in my opinion, can be the real crooks. They always try to upsale me, never offer me options in the contacts they suggest (often recommending whatever a sales rep wants them to prescribe, it seems) and then try to get me to buy an expensive pair of frames and lenses each time when I don’t need new glasses. So, it’s like the pot calling the kettle black when I see optometrists “not recommending” services like Hubble. Give me a break.

Anyway, if your eye requires a gas permeable lens, you would be prescribed the specific gas permeable option. The contacts that Hubble sends me are not designed to be slept it, worn multiple days, or reused at all. They are daily disposables and as long as I change them out and throw them away at bedtime, I have zero issues with irritation or dryness. I am a plumber by profession so it works in my favor to dispose daily (bacteria, dirt, dust, and sewage in general doesn’t sound like a good idea for multiple day use of lenses), so they are perfect for me.

The lenses are comfortable and rarely do they move around at all. I have very slight astigmatism in my right eye but have never required a special lens. Hubble lenses feel exactly like what I have been accustomed to for my entire life. If you have significant astigmatism, you will require a different type of lens. Again, I am very pleased to be able to skip the middle man and get my lenses through Hubble in a quick and convenient way.

Next, let me address the concerns I keep reading about the cancellation policy. I signed up for the $1 trial and it clearly stated that I would be billed $36 plus shipping after 16 days. Ok, fine with me. They also had a disclaimer that some shipments are slowed due to COVID. Ok, fine with me. Thanks for the heads up. They also clearly describe their cancellation policy on their site. Would it be more convenient to be able to cancel online? Yes. But, phone cancellation is common with subscriptions (I had to phone cancel a monthly subscription clothing box and even had to phone cancel my Experian account and my New York Times account).

The idea is that they want you to speak to a customer service representative in order to make sure you are aware of the pause option. I don’t blame them, it is after all a business. I am willing to risk having to make a phone call and be put on hold for a moment in order to avoid having to sit in a waiting room at my optometrist’s office.

My contacts always arrive on time and I am always satisfied. I have never been over billed nor have I had a package lost. I feel like Hubble has been very transparent in their policies and procedures and are on par with most any online subscription service (I’ve tried them all). I am a happy customer and will continue to wear Hubble lenses as long as they are a thing.

Hi Eddie,

Wow thank you so much for your thorough review! We really appreciate you taking the time to write in and give your opinion. We're so happy to hear that you're satisfied with the quality of our lenses and service. We hope to have you for many years to come :) If you ever need help with anything down the road please don't hesitate to send us an email to help@hubblecontacts.com with the subject line "Attn:ConsumerAffairs."

All the Best,

Maya

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Hubble is a convenient service that delivers your contacts each month. It is great to expect them without having to place an order after realizing you are out of contacts in just a few days. I also love that you are able to skip a month or two if you need to. I typically am able to skip a month a couple times a year if I have been wearing my glasses often. This option is also very easy. Hubble has a user friendly website and I have not attempted to try another contact company because they have fit my needs perfectly.

Hi Tori,

Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We're so happy to hear that you love our service and that it works for your needs :) If at any point you need our help please don't hesitate to reach out to us at help@hubblecontacts.com with the subject line "Attn: ConsumerAffairs."

- Maya

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I’m being a loyal customer for the second year already. I received a notice that there is a problem with my order, I need to update my prescription. Hubble offered an online test. I follow all links and got it updated. How big was my surprise when I received +2.5 and -3 instead -2.5 and -3. When I was trying to reach customer service it looks like they don’t really care about it. Hubble said, "Oh it’s not us, it’s the prescription company." And DIDN’T OFFERED ANY HELP OR SOLUTION. By the way when they sent links you can’t really tell if it’s some different company, everything had Hubble logo.

Prescription company Visibly said, "Oh, ok, send us your old prescription will fix that." I asked about a refund. Visibly said it’s not their business, write to Hubble. I wrote to Hubble again. Tons of wasted time and energy. And after it’s a complete nonsense. They offered me a right box after 2 weeks of me trying to solve problem!!!! I said I don’t need a box just give me a refund. They disappeared. I wish I could attach the conversation with customer service. They said they can’t refund because it’s a right prescription on file. So disappointing that I have to spend so much time to get $40 More back and right schedule for my contacts.

Hi Anastasia,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and for being our valued customer. We are sorry to hear that you have experienced difficulty in updating your prescription. We take complaints of this nature very seriously, and based on what you have told us, we would like to further investigate this matter. Let’s get on writing and address this ASAP, we value your business. We look forward to hearing from you.

Roxanne

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

This company does not do refunds- even for totally unopened boxes (box was shipped in). They make it very hard to cancel your subscription. My eye doctor told me these contacts are very bad for your eyes. They can sell them somewhat cheaply because they are using very old technology. Also- Hubble DOES NOT let you leave a review on their website. All their “example” reviews are 5 stars. I wish I would have paid more attention to this before signing up. I did get the $1 box and the paid for 1 more month before I found out how bad they are for your eyes.

Hello Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are happy to provide more information about our manufacturers and materials if you would like--just email help@hubblecontacts.com. Our manufacturing partners are among the largest in the world and produce some of the popular brands you may be familiar with, as well as Hubble Contacts. You may also email us to cancel your subscription.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

These contacts caused so much discomfort. If you have sensitive eyes these are NOT the contacts for you. I've finally cancelled my subscription after a month of trying to contact them via their phone number. They continued to charge my card. When I finally got ahold of them, they told me "we can not accept any returns" and now I will be throwing away 4 boxes of contacts that I will never wear. The biggest waste of money. If I could rate this company a 0 out of 5 stars I would! Please save your time and money.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Decided to try online order for trial run of a specific brand and fit. Immediately received notice of auto ship and firm refused to permit one time order yet charged my credit card and didn’t offer to adjust or stop payment even though the order and request to cancel occurred within minutes of initial contact. Very unimpressed and feel deceived and scammed. Now the burden to void falls to the new customer. They need to take some sort of customer service training and offer assistance not roadblocks.

Hello D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your expereince and feedback with us. It sounds like you ordered off of our sister site ContactsCart. They're team would be more than happy to to look into what happened with you if you reach out to them at help@contactscart.com with the subject line "Attn: Consumer Affairs." So sorry for your poor expereince thus far.

Maya

Original review: July 22, 2021

This is the craziest shopping experience I've ever had. I ordered contacts, everything seemed fine. Then I received a charge for $123 (my initial purchase was about $80). I'd been enrolled into a subscription for contacts that weren't even my prescription, and they were on the way. I reached out to them asking why they'd been sent to me, why I'd been charged, and when I would receive a refund.

They told me to send the contacts back, and they'd send a return label. They never sent a return label. I've followed up three times. So that's $123 I'm out for a product I can't even use, didn't order, and don't need. They won't do anything about it. I'm also auto-enrolled for this prescription that isn't mine and can't have been verified with my doctor.

Then, I received the contacts that I'd actually ordered. I only received one eye's worth of contacts. I reached out to them again with photos and evidence, and they refuse to acknowledge that anything is wrong. They refuse to send me the other contacts! So that's another $86 I'm out. THEN, there was a random charge for $56. For absolutely nothing. They did refund that charge, but only after I reached out. So I've been charged a total of $259 dollars, and I have zero contacts I can use. And they refuse to refund a dime.

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate the feedback! It sounds like you had a poor expereince working with our sister brand ContactsCart. We'd like to help make this right for you, so please reach out to us at help@contactscart.com with the subject line "Attn: Consumer Affairs" and a representative from the ContactsCart team will be able to help you.

Hubble Contacts Company Information