4.05/5

546 Hubble Contacts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 3, 2019

I really was trying to find a better solution for me to wear contacts that didn’t require me to bring a case, contact solution and maybe an extra pair of lenses. My coworkers and I started to talk about our vision and eventually found ourselves talking about the contacts we have. They made wearing daily contact lenses like a breeze! So I started to look up prices compared to the one I usually get which are monthly and some came out to a little more than what I was paying for so I didn’t see it was worth it.

Later I had seen an ad on social media that you could try Hubble’s daily lenses for a week for free and decided to try it. After signing up I was SO surprised it had gotten to me in just a few days and I live in Hawaii. It came with 15 lenses which is just about enough for a week and I was just about to go on a trip so I brought just those with me. Thankful I just needed to bring those with me and not a case and a bottle of solution so it lessened up the things I need to pack.

To get straight to the point I LOVE Hubble. I don’t always wear contacts every day so I don’t feel like I’m wasting the value of using monthly’s. It’s light and comfortable on my eyes and It was so easy to sign up, quick to get to me and efficient to have. You also have the option to recycle the lens holders! Very conscious of them since there’s so much waste being produced. 10/10 recommend. Love!

Original review: April 2, 2019

I learned about Hubble from an advertisement on the NYC subway. What attracted me to the company is that their product is direct to consumer, and while I need a prescription from an eye doctor to get them, I do not need to go through the eye doctor's office to purchase contacts. You also do not need to buy them all at once, which is often what happens when you purchase contacts from an eye doctor's office.

Hubble gives lets you try out their contacts before you subscribe. The two-week trial period gives you an opportunity to determine if the contacts are right for you. Hubble also gives you the option to skip months. I love this, in particular, because I wear glasses more often than I wear contacts. I appreciate the option to be flexible about when I want to receive my contacts. If you do plan to skip months, check your account details frequently. I once had a package get lost in the mail and would not have received my contacts had I not contacted customer service.

As for the contacts, it took some time for my eyes to get used to them, probably because I mostly wear glasses, but they're pretty comfortable and I can wear them for long periods of time without my eyes getting dry. I have had a great experience with Hubble and their customer service is great. I recommend at least giving them a shot during the two-week trial to determine if they are right for you.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have been using contact lenses for almost 25 years now, so I have a LOT of experience with both the good and the bad. I have been on Daily Disposables for about 5 years or so now and love them! There is something nice about having a fresh pair every day and there is a lot of convenience when it comes to travel. I have found the lenses to be a good quality and I rarely have a lens that doesn't "feel right." One thing I find to be super helpful, especially in the morning with my eyes still waking up, is the imprint of the interior of the lens. If you hold the lens up to the light in front of you, the word "hub" is etched along the edge of the contact.

If you can read the word correctly looking from the inside of the lens outward, then you know you will put those things in right every time. I used to have that in another brand years ago and have missed it until I got my Hubble lenses. I also enjoy the flexibility the company affords. If I know I am traveling and will be out of town during a scheduled delivery, it has never been a problem to call up and ask for them a week early (if I need some for the trip) or a week later if I have enough to cover me. I would definitely recommend this company to friends and family and will be with them for a long, long time.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I've been using Hubble Contacts for about a year now. I've had no problems and the service has been reliable. Now understand, I don't have any extraordinary eye problems: I'm just nearsighted. It irks me to no end that if I want contacts, I have to go to an optometrist every year and get a new prescription, even though I know nothing has changed. When regular health insurance doesn't cover eye health, this means I either have to purchase eye insurance (which is always very limited in its coverage) or pay out of pocket. Then I have to pay for all the contacts. (Which often are barely covered by insurance if at all... But hey I get a $35 refund... Yay?)

So when I saw consumer warnings that they don't verify prescriptions, all I could think is, "I don't have a problem with that! I just moved. I'm not interested in finding another optometrist and paying a ton of money when I know nothing has changed with my eyes this year. Good for Hubble!" But the FDA! It's not legal! Whatever. If it was that important, it would be covered under regular medical insurance. But it's not. So I don't care what the regulations are.

Another warning spoke against them because they use an obsolete material. (This page has their own products to sell.) But since I change my contacts every day and only wear them 5 days a week (or less if my allergies are giving me problems), this doesn't really concern me. And when I'm not wearing Hubble, I wear Zenni glasses... Another non-verified company that does excellent and affordable work! Plus, since I don't wear them every day, I've accumulated a small stockpile, so I love that I can save a little money by placing the service on hold for a month or two. So all this to say, I am happy with Hubble Contacts. If you're like me, go for it. If you have more serious problems, or money is not a concern, or you love overreaching government regulations, then avoid them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I first started using Hubble contact lenses when I got a free two week trial. Ordering my lenses, uploading my prescription and use of their site was simple. Shipment was fast. I liked them so much I decided to keep buying them. They always arrive on time before I run out (I wear them every day), and I don't even have to think about it! Overall, I have been very pleased with customer service and shipping.

There are, however a couple of things to note about the lenses. I would not recommend sleeping in these lenses, ever. When it has happened accidentally, I wake up and they are extremely dry and pasted to my eyes. Now, I understand that these are not meant for sleeping, or wearing for more than one day, but compared to name brand competitors like Acuvue and Ciba Vision, these seem to make my eyes feel a little more dry, like I said if I fall asleep with them in or after a long work day. But given the value, price and convenience, this factor is not bad enough to make me not love them.

Secondly, in the year or so that I have been using Hubble contacts, about three times it has happened where I go to open an individual lenses and it is none dry inside, like either the solution leaked out or none was put in. Each time, the lenses were sealed before I opened them. Thus, I had to throw a few out, but this only happened a few times. So that is a minor packaging inconsistency as I see it. Overall, I have been pleased with these contacts, and they are about half the price of daily contacts from leading competitors. I would have rated 5 stars if not for the occasional dryness and packaging issues. I would recommend and have recommended these to friends!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hubble Contacts?

Original review: May 21, 2019

At first I was wary about wearing daily contacts because my vision is so bad and with something like eyesight it's really hard to switch what you're used to....however who am I to pass up a free 2 week trial? Let me just say I was hooked after a week. Nothing beats a fresh pair every day plus there's always extras you can bring with you in case you have any mishaps. The other great thing is no more cases and no more solution!!! Definitely recommended!

Original review: May 21, 2019

They are good contacts. Never had a problem with them. Only thing is that I wish they were a little less expensive. 40 dollars is a lot for subscription on top of rent, phone bills, utilities, etc. but they work for me so I’ll keep buying for now!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Quick, convenient, accurate. I love the service! It’s wonderful to get home, go to my mailbox and see that my contacts are there! I love the fact that monthly, I am able to get 30 fresh pair without issue! Thank you Hubble!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I adore Hubble Contacts. Why?

1. Cost- at half the price I paid for my contacts last year. Hubble makes contacts beyond affordable.

2. New daily contacts = no eye allergies, no concerns about infection, and I don't have to pay for contact solution or keep it in my house. In addition to saving on the cost of my contacts from the eye doctor (even with insurance Hubble is half the cost), I am saving on the expensive contact solution I purchased from Costco. (Around $17 every other month, annually $102, not to mention the hassle of going to the store.)

3. Automatic. Don't have to think about it.

Highly recommend.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Hubble was my first ever experience wearing daily contacts, and I can’t deny that in every way they have made my life easier. What a relief to know reliably contacts will be coming your way before you ever run out! Plus, the packaging is adorable and the website is incredibly simple to use. As a new daily wearer though, I do think a lot about the waste that is produced from this practice. Because Hubble is such a new company, it would be really cool to see them doing something distinct from others on this front to minimize their waste impact. Just a thought! Overall I really have no complaints.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I started using Hubble contacts at the beginning of this year and have had a pretty good experience! Overall I've had issues with prior lenses solely because I have pretty sensitive eyes and have developed allergies to multiple contact lens solutions (even Clear Care). Once I started with Hubble, I've been able to easily get my lenses delivered to me. They fit well and I haven't had any issues adjusting to them or with any sort of allergic response which is great! Also haven't had any issues with them drying out throughout the day like others have mentioned. Previously I was paying $140 for a 6 month supply, so ultimately this may not be the CHEAPEST source, but still feel like I'm getting a pretty good deal.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Hubble Contacts has really helped me to wear daily contacts. I used to forget to order more contacts when I got low and would end up wearing a pair longer than I should have. The price is great and I love knowing that every month I am going to be getting my contacts in the mail and not have to worry about ordering more.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Absolutely love Hubble contacts, super convenient and the contacts are very comfortable!! No monthly trips to pick up, never run out, and the price compared to monthly wear is much much cheaper! Not only do I love the contacts I’m saving a small fortune. Couldn’t be more pleased!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Before I started using Hubble, I was paying $200 a month for dailies through my doctor. My insurance wasn't helping, and I knew paying that much wasn't sustainable for me. I was going to have to wear glasses more, which I HATE, but then a friend of mine suggested Hubble. It was SO easy to sign up, to get my trial boxes, and to eventually subscribe to the service. Customer service has always been super helpful and pleasant, my deliveries are always on time, and the contacts are good quality and comfortable. I can't recommend Hubble enough as a source for affordable daily contact lenses, and honestly, I never thought I'd ever be able to use the word "affordable" when describing contacts, but here we are. Thanks, Hubble!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I've subscribed to Hubble now for several months and I love it. There's nothing like having a fresh pair of contacts to wear everyday. No more wasting money on storage cases and contact solution. If you haven't given it a try, you're wasting time and money.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I love Hubble Contacts. They’re super affordable and they’re so comfortable. I would compare them to one a days but more affordable. I’ve been wearing them for about 6 months and they’re definitely worth it.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Hubble's experience has been a great one for me! I'm more of a glasses wearer so having the option to choose how frequent I want my contacts delivered has been wonderful, especially finically. They are very comfortable for daily wear. I have very sensitive eyes so if I have a long day with them - I put a new pair in for a refresh - but that's simple because of having a decent amount of back up!

Original review: May 21, 2019

My experience with Hubble Contacts is great. I love them. They are comfortable - so very affordable. At times I forget I even have contacts in my eyes. I was pleased when I got my first package free to just try them. I loved them ever since. My eyes are sensitive to other contact brands, when I heard about Hubble and tried them out I was excited with the results. Thanks Hubble!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Hi all! I have tried pretty much all the dailies available. There are three types in total that I can use and one of them are Hubble. The reason for which I choose Hubble is that they are good enough for my very sensitive eyes and also best price from the options available to me. I highly recommend! Sylwia

Original review: May 21, 2019

Really pleased with the services and the quality. Always been on time delivery and well packaged. Would not go back to my old brand of contacts after using Hubble. Have recommend them to friends as well.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I love my subscription to Hubble Contacts for a couple of reasons. The first being the convenience of the monthly subscription and being able to skip a month if needed with just a simple call. Customer service has been great thus far and beginning my subscription was super easy!!! I didn’t have to go through loads of red tape. I love the feel of my contacts and my shipments are always on time! I have never run out of contacts!

Original review: May 20, 2019

I ordered the Hubble contact lens at the discounted 2.99 for a trial 2 week supply. First time in after a few hours eyes got itching and I took them out only to have mad severe red eyes so badly I couldn't wear contacts for 5 days, so after a while I swapped one Hubble one Waldo. Guess what yep Hubble eye severely irritated and red again... These are hard to get out. I thought I was going to have my doctor remove. I never have had any issues with any other brand. Stay away. Hubble isn't a good choice!! These are going to cause someone serious issues. I think they are cheaply made and don't care about consumer. I've tried to talk to someone and nope nobody has emailed or called me back yet.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I ordered Hubble contacts with the $1 promotion. Shipping worked out well and the process was straight-forward. Overall they weren't bad contacts but they dried out before the end of the day. I kept blinking and adding drops but couldn't maintain clear vision towards the end of the day. If you need half-day contacts they should work fine but at least for me, too dry.

I went to cancel my plan and leave a 3 star review on their website but learned you can't contribute to the reviews on their website. Customer service has had to escalate my request for how to leave reviews on their website as they couldn't figure out how I can contribute as a customer. VERY concerning that they share reviews that they have either cherry picked or written themselves since clearly as a customer you cannot write a review.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Awesome! I’ve never had contacts that went in easier! I usually struggle to get them in and once I finally do it feels like there are rocks in my eyes for the next hour or so. And as far as the ordering process, they arrived quickly and the verification process was painless. I can’t wait to wear them for a few weeks so I can come back and comment on the overall performance.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Two weeks after receiving my free box of contacts, my prescription changed and I was unable to log in to Hubble to let them know. I sent emails that were apparently answered by name (Edwardo, Maria) but no Hubble in the address (therefore I missed them). So they kept on sending them and charging my account. I finally googled and found a phone number but the customer service person I could barely understand just kept saying we do not accept returns and we do apologize! So frustrating!! I did finally get her to cancel my order and she said, "Rest assured dirt is done". I said to send me email verification and had to call again when I didn't get it. I never got a straight answer about why the website said my email address was not valid therefore I could not log into my account to make changes or cancel my order. I definitely do not recommend Hubble contacts for that reason.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I switched to Hubble Contacts about 10 months ago and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Great quality lenses and great service. You are able to amend orders - either skip or bring forward with no hassle at all. Delivery is so quick and the price is just amazing!

Original review: May 12, 2019

I tried Hubble through Instagram with the $3 shipping and handling. What I got was lenses with no correction and nothing but hassles trying to deal with customer service. They didn’t even offer to replace the lenses! Now I’m stuck in a subscription that I have to call to cancel. Somehow I missed that when I signed up (and I looked!!!!). The Instagram sign up is much different than their normal web page...even the shipping price is different. Just save yourself the hassle!

Original review: May 12, 2019

The contacts are very comfortable and extremely affordable! I usually wear the contacts for about 14-15 hours and they stay nice and moist. Any later than 15 hours you will start to feel your eyes drying out. But considering the price of a monthly supply, the positives definitely outside the one negative which isn't really a negative as you shouldn't wear dailies for more than 16 hours anyways. :)

Original review: May 10, 2019

Since May 22nd 2018 Hubble has ran my debit every single day for a year. I have emails from the middle of May confirming the cancellation of my subscription. Someone named Kevin informed me that it was cancelled. They have ran my card over 300 times and I don't know what else to do besides close my account....

Original review: May 10, 2019

I ran out of my Costco brand contacts and decided to try Hubble. The product has been good, I can't tell difference between former product, and the convenience of getting them shipped to you is handy. I've had to adjust my prescription once so far and while I wish that could be done online, corresponding with customer service has been a positive experience as they are quick to respond.

Hubble Contacts Company Information