Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.14/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Hubble Contacts Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I joined Hubble last year in an attempt to find some kind of contacts that were comfortable and affordable. Because of my job (hair stylist) my ophthalmologist told me I needed to wear disposable dailies. Of course, the only ones that would suit me were $99/box. I am lucky that both eyes wear the same Rx otherwise it would have been two boxes at $99. I tried Hubble on a whim with a two week free trial. These contacts are honestly the most comfortable I've ever owned. They don't dry out while I am at work blow drying and encountering chemicals. I don't need to use eye drops to rewet them.

The company always sends my next box on time, billing date is consistent. They email me to let me know it's coming. One month, I realized I needed my next box a week early because I was going out of town and would run out on my vacation and wouldn't be home to bring them inside for a week. They billed me that day and mailed them out a week early, which was brilliant. So helpful. The quality is consistently good. I like that they've added the HUB markings so you can tell if they're right way out, they didn't have that at first and the lenses are so thin you could put them in backwards and not realize it until the rim itched inside the eye. I really enjoy my Hubble lenses and plan to continue my subscription for a while to come.

Hi Carlie,

Thank you so much for your awesome review! I am so happy to hear Hubble has made your life so much easier on the job and beyond. I'm also glad to know you received the help you needed in a timely manner from our team. If yo ever have any questions or concerns please send us an email to help@hubblecontacts.com with the subject line "Attn:ConsumerAffairs" and we'll be more than happy to help out.

- Maya

Original review: April 3, 2019

I really was trying to find a better solution for me to wear contacts that didn’t require me to bring a case, contact solution and maybe an extra pair of lenses. My coworkers and I started to talk about our vision and eventually found ourselves talking about the contacts we have. They made wearing daily contact lenses like a breeze! So I started to look up prices compared to the one I usually get which are monthly and some came out to a little more than what I was paying for so I didn’t see it was worth it.

Later I had seen an ad on social media that you could try Hubble’s daily lenses for a week for free and decided to try it. After signing up I was SO surprised it had gotten to me in just a few days and I live in Hawaii. It came with 15 lenses which is just about enough for a week and I was just about to go on a trip so I brought just those with me. Thankful I just needed to bring those with me and not a case and a bottle of solution so it lessened up the things I need to pack.

To get straight to the point I LOVE Hubble. I don’t always wear contacts every day so I don’t feel like I’m wasting the value of using monthly’s. It’s light and comfortable on my eyes and It was so easy to sign up, quick to get to me and efficient to have. You also have the option to recycle the lens holders! Very conscious of them since there’s so much waste being produced. 10/10 recommend. Love!

Get expert buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 2, 2019

I learned about Hubble from an advertisement on the NYC subway. What attracted me to the company is that their product is direct to consumer, and while I need a prescription from an eye doctor to get them, I do not need to go through the eye doctor's office to purchase contacts. You also do not need to buy them all at once, which is often what happens when you purchase contacts from an eye doctor's office.

Hubble gives lets you try out their contacts before you subscribe. The two-week trial period gives you an opportunity to determine if the contacts are right for you. Hubble also gives you the option to skip months. I love this, in particular, because I wear glasses more often than I wear contacts. I appreciate the option to be flexible about when I want to receive my contacts. If you do plan to skip months, check your account details frequently. I once had a package get lost in the mail and would not have received my contacts had I not contacted customer service.

As for the contacts, it took some time for my eyes to get used to them, probably because I mostly wear glasses, but they're pretty comfortable and I can wear them for long periods of time without my eyes getting dry. I have had a great experience with Hubble and their customer service is great. I recommend at least giving them a shot during the two-week trial to determine if they are right for you.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have been using contact lenses for almost 25 years now, so I have a LOT of experience with both the good and the bad. I have been on Daily Disposables for about 5 years or so now and love them! There is something nice about having a fresh pair every day and there is a lot of convenience when it comes to travel. I have found the lenses to be a good quality and I rarely have a lens that doesn't "feel right." One thing I find to be super helpful, especially in the morning with my eyes still waking up, is the imprint of the interior of the lens. If you hold the lens up to the light in front of you, the word "hub" is etched along the edge of the contact.

If you can read the word correctly looking from the inside of the lens outward, then you know you will put those things in right every time. I used to have that in another brand years ago and have missed it until I got my Hubble lenses. I also enjoy the flexibility the company affords. If I know I am traveling and will be out of town during a scheduled delivery, it has never been a problem to call up and ask for them a week early (if I need some for the trip) or a week later if I have enough to cover me. I would definitely recommend this company to friends and family and will be with them for a long, long time.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I've been using Hubble Contacts for about a year now. I've had no problems and the service has been reliable. Now understand, I don't have any extraordinary eye problems: I'm just nearsighted. It irks me to no end that if I want contacts, I have to go to an optometrist every year and get a new prescription, even though I know nothing has changed. When regular health insurance doesn't cover eye health, this means I either have to purchase eye insurance (which is always very limited in its coverage) or pay out of pocket. Then I have to pay for all the contacts. (Which often are barely covered by insurance if at all... But hey I get a $35 refund... Yay?)

So when I saw consumer warnings that they don't verify prescriptions, all I could think is, "I don't have a problem with that! I just moved. I'm not interested in finding another optometrist and paying a ton of money when I know nothing has changed with my eyes this year. Good for Hubble!" But the FDA! It's not legal! Whatever. If it was that important, it would be covered under regular medical insurance. But it's not. So I don't care what the regulations are.

Another warning spoke against them because they use an obsolete material. (This page has their own products to sell.) But since I change my contacts every day and only wear them 5 days a week (or less if my allergies are giving me problems), this doesn't really concern me. And when I'm not wearing Hubble, I wear Zenni glasses... Another non-verified company that does excellent and affordable work! Plus, since I don't wear them every day, I've accumulated a small stockpile, so I love that I can save a little money by placing the service on hold for a month or two. So all this to say, I am happy with Hubble Contacts. If you're like me, go for it. If you have more serious problems, or money is not a concern, or you love overreaching government regulations, then avoid them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hubble Contacts?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

These were the most uncomfortable contacts I’ve ever worn. Not only did they come in the wrong size, the also did not have the right prescription. I could not see close or far, I had a small distance in the middle where I had ok vision. The contact folded up in my eye and I had to get someone to dig it out with a q-tip. When I called to get a refund and return these awful third world contacts... They somehow couldn’t do it! It was the worst most horrendous customer service. My prescription did NOT match the contacts they sent me. I will stick with contacts from the doctor or 1-800-contacts that has professional customer service and contacts made to actually fit my doctor’s prescription. They are cheap for a reason and no one should ruin their sight for life because of these terrible contacts. Please stay away!!! Far away!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Hubble Contacts are GREAT and very affordable???? I never have any problems with my contacts drying out or not being able to get a long wear out of them! I definitely recommend these to anyone. You can't beat it!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I am posting this review as part of a promotion where I will receive a benefit in exchange for my honest review. Before I used Hubble I used such an expensive brand so I wanted to try this and they’re the best!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I wear dailies and every year I would go to the doctor and we would order the 90 pack. Then I would get down to 15 contacts left. Have to go order some more. That usually took 10-12 days to come in. I would have to wear the same pair 2 days in a row and glasses. So with Hubble, when I’m getting low you get the mail and there is the next supply. It really makes it easier. Takes some stress off you. I only thing I wish they had was a app. But all in all great service.

Hello Charles,

Thank you so much for your awesome review! We're so happy to hear you're enjoying our subscription model and it's proving to be a much better option for you. And thank you for your feedback, we'll take it into consideration.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I've been a subscriber to Hubble for almost two years and it has been a great experience. The daily wear contacts are great and they ship them fast. They allow me to change delivery schedules to suit my needs with no hesitation.

Hello Amber,

Thank you for your lovely review! We're so happy to have had you on-board for two years and that you love our service :)

Hubble Contacts Company Information