3.8/5 (409 ratings)

About Hubble Contacts

Hubble Contacts is an online prescription contact lens provider that offers daily contacts at an affordable price. The company sells FDA-approved contact lenses made with high quality ingredients that help maximize comfort and visibility. Hubble has made a commitment to sustainability by making both the lens packs and boxes recyclable.

Hubble Contacts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hubble Contacts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hubble Contacts?

Original review: April 29, 2021

I love the Hubble daily contacts. They’re great and comfortable and I have zero issues with them. Getting them monthly is SO EASY. I am giving four stars due to a customer service experience although this would NOT prevent me from using this company. I moved and forgot to change my shipping address, I was notified of the charge but my items had NOT yet shipped and wouldn’t for 1-2 days. I emailed twice to change the address and never got a response which was frustrating. Fortunately the new owner at my old address let me know and I picked them up. Otherwise, very happy and will keep using them.

Hello Leah,

Thank you so much for your review! We're very happy to have you aboard, although we do apologize for the difficult expereince you had when trying to update your mailing address. If you ever run into any trouble again please email us at help@hubblecontacts.com with the subject line "Attn:Consumer Affairs" and we'll be more than happy to help.

Maya

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Hubble Contacts have been great for me. They come in the mail. Very easy to order. the only complaint that I have is sometimes they get my prescription wrong and also I would love to be able to see different colors as far as what color contact I was like and also sometimes they send more than what I ordered and I get charged for extra but I do have to say I use them but it does kind of

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I recently moved and forgot to update my address and was running low on contacts. The customer service team moved quickly in response, updating my address and making sure my contact got to me as quickly as possible.

Hi Emily,

Thank you so much for your review! So happy to hear that when you moved our team was able to help you out in getting your contacts to your new address. If you ever need help again, you can email us at help@hubblecontacts.com with the subject line "Attn:ConsumerAffairs" and we'll be happy to take care of whatever you need.

Best,

Maya

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I have worn contacts since 1996. I have worn multiple brands made of multiple materials, including funky colors during my rocker phase, and tried every contact lens solution available. I have had approximately 10 different optometrists in several different cities as I’ve moved around in life. First, let me address some of the claims/concerns I have seen regarding Hubble’s “material”. It’s the same material that has been used in contacts since 1986 and it's the same material that’s been in contact with my eyes thousands of times over the years with no issues.

I have seen bizarre claims that Hubble contacts don’t allow your eyes to “breathe”. This seems more like propaganda produced by optometrists because they are losing business. When most contacts were made of this material, I never saw anyone running around holding their face screaming “my eyes can’t breathe!”. Do your eyes “breathe” while your eyes are shut sleeping all night? I, personally, do not oxygenate my eyeballs all night. Plus, the Hubble lens material actually does allow oxygen through, just not at the rate of the newer silicone gel lenses. But I guess some people need an iPhone 12 pro max when an iPhone 7 still runs the same iOS.

I am happy to avoid going to my optometrist because they, in my opinion, can be the real crooks. They always try to upsale me, never offer me options in the contacts they suggest (often recommending whatever a sales rep wants them to prescribe, it seems) and then try to get me to buy an expensive pair of frames and lenses each time when I don’t need new glasses. So, it’s like the pot calling the kettle black when I see optometrists “not recommending” services like Hubble. Give me a break.

Anyway, if your eye requires a gas permeable lens, you would be prescribed the specific gas permeable option. The contacts that Hubble sends me are not designed to be slept it, worn multiple days, or reused at all. They are daily disposables and as long as I change them out and throw them away at bedtime, I have zero issues with irritation or dryness. I am a plumber by profession so it works in my favor to dispose daily (bacteria, dirt, dust, and sewage in general doesn’t sound like a good idea for multiple day use of lenses), so they are perfect for me.

The lenses are comfortable and rarely do they move around at all. I have very slight astigmatism in my right eye but have never required a special lens. Hubble lenses feel exactly like what I have been accustomed to for my entire life. If you have significant astigmatism, you will require a different type of lens. Again, I am very pleased to be able to skip the middle man and get my lenses through Hubble in a quick and convenient way.

Next, let me address the concerns I keep reading about the cancellation policy. I signed up for the $1 trial and it clearly stated that I would be billed $36 plus shipping after 16 days. Ok, fine with me. They also had a disclaimer that some shipments are slowed due to COVID. Ok, fine with me. Thanks for the heads up. They also clearly describe their cancellation policy on their site. Would it be more convenient to be able to cancel online? Yes. But, phone cancellation is common with subscriptions (I had to phone cancel a monthly subscription clothing box and even had to phone cancel my Experian account and my New York Times account).

The idea is that they want you to speak to a customer service representative in order to make sure you are aware of the pause option. I don’t blame them, it is after all a business. I am willing to risk having to make a phone call and be put on hold for a moment in order to avoid having to sit in a waiting room at my optometrist’s office.

My contacts always arrive on time and I am always satisfied. I have never been over billed nor have I had a package lost. I feel like Hubble has been very transparent in their policies and procedures and are on par with most any online subscription service (I’ve tried them all). I am a happy customer and will continue to wear Hubble lenses as long as they are a thing.

Hi Eddie,

Wow thank you so much for your thorough review! We really appreciate you taking the time to write in and give your opinion. We're so happy to hear that you're satisfied with the quality of our lenses and service. We hope to have you for many years to come :) If you ever need help with anything down the road please don't hesitate to send us an email to help@hubblecontacts.com with the subject line "Attn:ConsumerAffairs."

All the Best,

Maya

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Hubble is a convenient service that delivers your contacts each month. It is great to expect them without having to place an order after realizing you are out of contacts in just a few days. I also love that you are able to skip a month or two if you need to. I typically am able to skip a month a couple times a year if I have been wearing my glasses often. This option is also very easy. Hubble has a user friendly website and I have not attempted to try another contact company because they have fit my needs perfectly.

Hi Tori,

Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We're so happy to hear that you love our service and that it works for your needs :) If at any point you need our help please don't hesitate to reach out to us at help@hubblecontacts.com with the subject line "Attn: ConsumerAffairs."

- Maya

Original review: July 22, 2021

This is the craziest shopping experience I've ever had. I ordered contacts, everything seemed fine. Then I received a charge for $123 (my initial purchase was about $80). I'd been enrolled into a subscription for contacts that weren't even my prescription, and they were on the way. I reached out to them asking why they'd been sent to me, why I'd been charged, and when I would receive a refund.

They told me to send the contacts back, and they'd send a return label. They never sent a return label. I've followed up three times. So that's $123 I'm out for a product I can't even use, didn't order, and don't need. They won't do anything about it. I'm also auto-enrolled for this prescription that isn't mine and can't have been verified with my doctor.

Then, I received the contacts that I'd actually ordered. I only received one eye's worth of contacts. I reached out to them again with photos and evidence, and they refuse to acknowledge that anything is wrong. They refuse to send me the other contacts! So that's another $86 I'm out. THEN, there was a random charge for $56. For absolutely nothing. They did refund that charge, but only after I reached out. So I've been charged a total of $259 dollars, and I have zero contacts I can use. And they refuse to refund a dime.

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate the feedback! It sounds like you had a poor expereince working with our sister brand ContactsCart. We'd like to help make this right for you, so please reach out to us at help@contactscart.com with the subject line "Attn: Consumer Affairs" and a representative from the ContactsCart team will be able to help you.

Resolution response: July 21, 2021

A Hubble customer service rep messaged me asking for my contact information to "look into this and see what we can do to make it right", but I have no desire to further communicate with them. They just seem greedy to keep your money and make it SO DIFFICULT to escape their clutches!!! Feels scammy to be honest.

Original review: July 20, 2021

The contacts are fine. They're not amazing, but they're fine and they're affordable. The customer service on the other hand, has a very "sorry, too bad for you," attitude and does very little to try and help you. Head's up: they have a "no return" policy, which means if you or they make a mistake, you will always foot the bill. I received no response via email. Their website is Yes, I used a different email than my account was linked to, but good customer service would have replied anyway. When I called to cancel my subscription, the customer service rep wouldn't take "no," for an answer until I asked REPEATEDLY - wasting time and trying my patience. Hoping my subscription is ACTUALLY cancelled and I don't get a surprise charge next month.

Hello Sonya,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and provide us with this feedback. I'm very sorry to hear you experienced difficulty cancelling your account and received an unexpected charge. If at any point you'd like to work with us to get this resolved, you may reach out to us at help@hubblecontacts.com with the subject line "Attn: Consumer Affairs" and we'd be more than happy to help!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 19, 2021

My vision got worse from using these. They also cancelled my subscription without telling me during the pandemic and I couldn't get to an eye doctor, didn't respond to my emails, then randomly restarted it three months later. Cancelled it without telling me again two months ago, then when I went to an eye dr and got better contacts (which were actually cheaper with the rebate), they told me I had a new account under my work email (don't know how they got that), and started charging me again. Refused to refund, even after shipping one of the orders to the wrong place. TLDR; dangerously low oxygen flow with these, which will degrade your eyesight, sneaky and highly unethical company. Will see if they actually stop charging me now.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Updated on 04/29/2021: After several attempts to get a refund and cancel my subscription for the contacts that they shipped me automatically they again charged my account, at this point they are stealing my money. I just discovered they charged my account today and now I'm unsure if they will refund me because they did not the previous time. I cannot express the anger I feel towards this company enough. I feel robbed from my hard-earned money!

Original Review: I started using Hubble as a quick way to get contacts without going to the doctor plus the $1 start cost lured me in, 40$ AUTOMATIC charges begin each month. Even if you decide to cancel by emailing them they'll still send them and tell you to return. Which I've had to "cancel" once before because I had too many of these contacts. I didn't need to be charged for a month which they did refund me that time.

However, this last time I tried to return this unopened SEALED contact box back to hubble because I went to an actual eye doctor so I no longer needed their service, they send me an email saying they cannot issue a refund because it was already shipped to me. Keep in mind I've already sent this unopened box back to them. Now I'm out contacts (Could've used as back up especially if I knew they were going to switch up like that) and my $40. STAY CLEAR OF HUBBLE, you're better off paying cash at an optometrist, you'll end up paying more in the long run with this service.

Original review: March 5, 2021

First off the only way to interact with these people is email, which I normally prefer. About 4 months ago my Hubble order did not show up. I made the mistake of emailing and asking where it was. A few weeks went by still nothing, I emailed again and got a response that they were canceling my service, I went in and reactivated it. I have not received any contacts since then. I email them about every 3 days and they just keep telling me different things. My wife still gets hers every 28 days. I think the first missed box was probably the responsibility of the USPS, but I am certain these idiots at hubble are charging me each month, knowing they are not shipping them. We all need to hold these companies accountable. Switch with me to Waldo.

Hello David,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. At this point in time we have cancelled your subscription upon request. We apologise for the delay in shipping your order and we are working on a solution to prevent such delays from happening again.

Hubble Contacts Company Information