Call toll free
4.92/5
Based on 50 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Detox of South Florida offers the first step to overcoming addiction. The addiction center carries accreditation from the Joint Commission (Jcaho) and has 5-star accommodations situated in the most pristine area of Florida.

The center is directed by World leader in addiction medicine, Dr. Vikram Taragu, MD. Using cutting edge research and incorporating holistic methods of treatment. Offering inpatient and outpatient recovery programs, groups, and individual therapy, family counseling, life skill classes, and relapse prevention.

The staff at Detox of South Florida is dedicated to providing the finest possible treatments and assistance to guarantee that your journey is a rewarding success. Furthermore, they offer a variety of payment plans so that you can focus on recovery.

No one should have to go on this road alone, let us help you get back on your feet.

View More View More

256 Detox of South Florida Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

First off, I love the staff at Detox of South Florida. Staff made me laugh and made me feel comfortable like I was at home. I love the Bio Bed. The Bio Bed made me relax and feel emotion. The facility is very clean. The staff treated me like I was a queen. I think by that it helped my treatment. I want to S/O to everybody who work at Detox of South Florida. I would recommend it to anybody who needed help because this facility is truly a blessing.

Get expert buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Rehab delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Detox of South Florida has been the best detox I've been to. The admission staff makes you feel comfortable from the start. The behavioral technicians are ALL knowledgeable and will go above and beyond to make the detox process as comfortable as possible. The medical staff is very knowledgeable on withdrawal symptoms, medications, and overall extremely helpful to understand the process. The therapists are all always there when you need them and will go the extra mile to help get each person the help they need. I have personally had Tara as my therapist , twice, and I cannot say more good things about her. She really listened to me, and allowed for me to ask questions, which she would always get an answer about. She is absolutely wonderful. Even the directors and owners are available and treat everyone with respect. Detox of South Florida is the ONLY detox my husband and I would return to.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I enjoyed this facility, they took very good care of me while I was here. They had excellent food and comfortable beds. They also had well run groups and therapists. My favorite techs were Rose, George, and Mark and DJ and Felton.

Hi Thea,

Thank you for the feedback and sharing your experience at our facility. We are happy to hear that we were able to satisfy your needs while you were in our care. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Original review: May 31, 2018

This place is a very clean facility. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The beds are comfortable. Jorge, one of the techs is a great guy and very accommodating! The doctors and nursing staff will also do whatever they can to get you the meds they need within their protocol. My one complaint is that they should allow more personal comforts and freedom. Everyone here is an adult, we should be allowed our own toiletries and whatever other comforts as needed. It would make the experience more comfortable and productive for clients and it would make things easier for the staff, allowing for a more pleasant and productive experience overall.

Hi Kaitlyn,

We appreciate the compliments about our staff, and the cleanliness of our facility. However, we apologize for the toiletry and personal comforts inconvenience. We really appreciate your feedback and management will certainly consider your suggestions. We wish you the best on your journey after Detox.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Great staff. Very helpful. All the staff are nice and courteous. Food was good. Rooms were clean. I was very shock I had no issues out of this facility. They treated me with respect when I got here. S/O to Rose and Anthony. I love them.

Hi Sean,

We appreciate you sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida. We are very glad to hear about your positive experience, our staff tried their absolute best to attend to our patient's needs. Thank you for the shout out to Rose and Anthony I will make sure to share this review with them as well. Thanks again, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Detox of South Florida?

Original review: May 30, 2018

I like this facility. I really like everyone who works here but George is my favorite. The foods good and they have ice cream. The therapist are really good and they are really good with accommodating what you need or want.

Hi Felicia,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our facility. George is always kind, and helpful. We are glad that our counselors were accommodating to your needs and expectations. The ice cream is always is definitely a nice treat. Thank you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida; we wish you the best on your journey.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Made my medical needs a priority. Made sure I saw the doctor asap and was comfortable my whole stay here. Techs were all nice and helped as much as they could. Food was good as well. My overall stay was great.

Detox of South Florida response

Hi Joseph, glad to hear you felt that our staff made your medical needs a priority, that is definitely one of our goals at Detox of South Florida. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience at our facility with others. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Ms ** helped me a whole bunch while here. And the nursing department was really sweet a helpful. I am also pleased with how the whole tech staff too. They're also really friendly and also the food was also great and clinical as well. I would recommend a friend here.

Hi Brian,

We appreciate the kind and thoughtful review, thank you for sharing your experience with others. It's important to us for our patients to be attended to and accommodated by our entire team. Again thank you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida. We wish you the best on your journey.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The employees have been great. I love the activities are different everyday. Just a great place. In two days I have changed my way of thinking as long as you go to classes. I would refer this to anyone. Great experience. Helped me a lot.

Hi John,

We are very happy to hear about your positive encounter with our staff. We appreciate the compliment about enjoying the variety of groups that are held throughout the weeks. Thank you for sharing your experience at our facility with others we are very thankful for referring us. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Original review: May 23, 2018

George made me feel at home and always keeps everyone laughing. He's a tech who will stop what he doing and sit down with you and listen to everything you got to say. I can never forget about DJ. DJ funny as heck. He always keep a smile on his face. Detox of South Florida is great facility period. The food here by the way is wonderful!!! I haven't complain one bit about the food.

Detox of South Florida response

Thank you Aubrey for your kind words. We are very glad to hear about your experience here at Detox of South Florida. It's always an honor to be able to help and support our patients in anyway possible. We wish you the best on your journey. Thank you!

Original review: May 22, 2018

Lead Tech George and Rose and Anthony treated me very well! I felt I was at home coming to Detox of South Florida. They didn't judge me one bit. Mrs. ** help me every step of the way of coming to her for advice. The beds here are comfortable, I slept like a newborn baby. Nurse Sissy is the BEST nurse here. She go out her way to help you out and make sure you on time to get your medication. Inside and out this facility is clean and nice to be honest. I will come back to this facility because they treat you like family. The staff here period treat you right. If you really want to get clean, you should come to this facility as soon as possible!

Detox of South Florida response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words. The staff here at Detox of South Florida are very glad to hear about your experience here. We wish you the best on your journey.

Original review: April 24, 2018

This facility is one of the best. The place is so nice inside and outside! The staff here are wonderful and a blessing. They really care about your recovery. I definitely give huge S/o to George and DJ and Forest and Anthony. They made my stay here smooth. They showed me mad love when I came in this facility.

Detox of South Florida response

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here. We appreciate your kind words about our staff. We all wish you the best on your journey.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I had a great stay here. I'd recommend this place to whoever. The facility is clean, has good food and always has snacks. Doctors and nurses make sure they give you the correct medications so you have a comfortable detox, and the staff care.

Original review: April 24, 2018

The staff at this facility is amazing. Everyone seems to really care about our health and well being. Very laidback place that keeps everyone as comfortable as possible. It's always a good help when the staff shares their experience with clients to give hope that there is a better life outside of drugs.

Detox of South Florida response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words regarding your experience here at Detox of South Florida. It's truly an honor to be able to support each and every one of our patients in every way we can. We wish you the best on your journey!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I love Detox of South Florida. The directors here are amazing! They care about your problems. I got to give the therapist a HUGE shout out. Whenever I needed to make a call, they didn't hesitate not one bit. They very kind and sweet. They treated me like I was their son. I love how they get on to me about coming back to tell me I know better than that...

Detox of South Florida response

Thank you for your kind words. We try our best to motivate and encourage our patients to reach their goals and live a better life after detox. It is an honor to be able to support those in need. We wish you the best on your journey.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

The best techs are George and Carmen!!! I definitely can't forget about the lead techs Anthony and Rose. The beds are comfortable. I also need to give props to the housekeepers because they be on point about cleans rooms and messes. Detox of South Florida show mad love and support everything you do in and out the facility. I love how they check up on me when I discharged the facility. They never judge you and want to help you out.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Detox of South Florida is one of the best facility EVER. They really care about your recovery! George, DJ, Anthony, Rose is really the MVP in this facility. The bed are comfortable!!!!! The food here is sooo good. Chef Jay deserve a raise by the way he cooking.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

1st and 2nd shift crew rocks!!! This facility care about me to the fullest. Every day they have smile on their face. I can't complain about this facility at all! The food here is amazing. No lie! The ice cream here is a blessing. No staff ever treated me wrong. If I had a problem they resolve it in blink of a eye.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Dj and George realist techs in this facility. They keep it 100 with you even though you don't want to hear it. They both treated me like an brother. I appreciate them both. They don't judge you or any other client. They make you feel welcome. Plus, Detox of South Florida give out massages and PT, you can't beat that!! Massage feel so good, it make you want to run a mile or two!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

This facility (Detox of South Florida) are one of the best facilities I ever been too. All jokes aside they really treat you right! BHT George, Anthony, Dj and Rose really make your stay here easy. They get it done right away without complaining. This staff treat you like family. I love how the staff play games with you (George and Felton).

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

BHT George, Myron, Angie, Anthony, Rose, Carmen was truly a blessing. They definitely treated me with respect and I appreciate them. This whole facility is a 5 star to me including the cooks. I eat good everyday no lie. This is the facility I will tell everybody to go too, to get clean. They definitely don't judge you in any other way.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Everything about Detox of South Florida is kept simple and easy so clients have no trouble following the rule. Everything is clean and the staff actually care about your well being. Respect is definitely given. From my personal experience I know I can always go to George for advice, help or just to talk. My stay here is always relaxed and comfortable.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Great staff super supervision and all around awesome place to recover. Extremely satisfied with my experience here. Lead tech George definitely made my stay here easy Very outgoing. The techs are truly a blessing. The facility itself is a blessing.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Second shift and Third shift and definitely can't forget about First shift, all three shifts was A1. They respect you to the fullest. The facility was very clean and neat. The massage lady did a great job massage my back, I needed it. My back wasn't hurting afterwards. I want to give thanks to the nurses for putting up with my attitude, I know I was a handful but not one nurses gave me mouth nor attitude back.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Myron and George are one of my favorite techs in the world. They deserve a raise on the spot. Can't forget Lead Tech Rose! The nurses on morning and night shift was wonderful! The whole facility was wonderful. Detox of South Florida treated me like 5 star facility.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Detox of South Florida is one of the best facility I ever went to... They really care about your recovery. All the techs and counselors and nurses. The food is amazing! I really appreciate the facility for my stay here!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

One thing I'm say about this facility of Detox of South Florida is the food is AMAZING!!! Cooker Jay & Cooker Bryan food really be hitting the spot every day! I really be looking forward to breakfast, lunch & dinner. I want to thank them for cooking and caring about us clients.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Myron & George are one of the BEST techs EVER!!! Morning shift is really helpful. I'm truly blessed to come to this Detox of South Florida. Omg I can't forget about LT Rose and Anthony. One bad thing about this facility is the beds!!! Other than that one of the best facility ever.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

First off, I'm miss y'all DSF guys especially the nurses. The food has been good AF! The techs has been A1! LT George and Anthony and Rose deserve to be lead techs. I see how they lead other techs and I'll LOVE being here! The massage lady came in clutch and I feel so good, after the massage!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

El, Carmen, Teresa, George, Anthony are my favorites techs! They really help me get through my detox! They really deserve a raise point blank!!! I really want to thank them! Btw DSF best detox facility ever! I will really would tell people to come to DSF in a heart attack.

Detox of South Florida expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Detox of South Florida offers drug detox programs, outpatient therapies and addiction counseling with 24/7 care. Located in Okeechobee, the Detox center takes a holistic approach to health and well-being, treating patients for both the physical and mental illnesses associated with addiction.

• Unique, hands-on therapy: Caretakers arrange field trips to natural spaces, such as nature trails and farms, where patients can work with therapy animals.

• IV therapy: Detox of South Florida uses IV amino acid treatment to help with drug detoxification and ease the physical symptoms of withdrawal.

• Relapse prevention counseling: Every addict struggles with the uncertainty that comes with long-term sobriety, and counselors are on staff to help patients plan for their futures.

• Family counseling: Addiction affects family and friends as well as addicts. Counselors schedule family sessions and help reconnect addicts with their familial support system.

• Customized programs: Every patient is unique, and Detox of South Florida arranges custom detoxification and addiction programs for each one.

• Best for: Recovering addicts and people who are still struggling to give up drugs or alcohol.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs