Call toll free
5.00/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Detox of South Florida offers the first step to overcoming addiction. The addiction center carries accreditation from the Joint Commission (Jcaho) and has 5-star accommodations situated in the most pristine area of Florida.

The center is directed by World leader in addiction medicine, Dr. Vikram Taragu, MD. Using cutting edge research and incorporating holistic methods of treatment. Offering inpatient and outpatient recovery programs, groups, and individual therapy, family counseling, life skill classes, and relapse prevention.

The staff at Detox of South Florida is dedicated to providing the finest possible treatments and assistance to guarantee that your journey is a rewarding success. Furthermore, they offer a variety of payment plans so that you can focus on recovery.

No one should have to go on this road alone, let us help you get back on your feet.

View More View More

323 Detox of South Florida Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Detox of South Florida has been open for years and in those years they have been so amazing to me as my personal experience. The staff is more than accommodating to all their clients. They handle everything that's important to make a client happy, comfortable, and safe. Massages to biobed and staff members going out of their way. George has worked there since I became a client. he is always there to welcome new clients trying to make them comfortable and trying to make them laugh. Nancy is also awesome. She gave me multiple chances to truly change and get my life in order. I highly recommend if you have a loved one who needs help. Detox of South Florida saves lives for the better and encourages you to change!!!

Good afternoon Jessica,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are glad to hear about your positive encounters with our staff members. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing Detox of South Florida.

Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, so please don't hesitate to call us at any time if you are in need of support or encouragement.

Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My first shout out is to DJ (Tech) when I first arrived here, he made me feel so comfortable. He was funny and very respectful young man. He definitely took care of me and my needs. The other techs are awesome. The beds are comfortable and very nice setting in the room. I couldn't believe they had massage lady to massage you, PT man to come to the facility to do PT on you. The bio bed is so good and make you so sleepy feel relax.

Good afternoon Kelly,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are glad to hear about your positive encounter/s with DJ (one of our tenured BHT's), along with our other outstanding BHT's. We are very pleased to know that our support services such as massage therapy, and the Biosound Technology Bed aided your detox process.

Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, so please don't hesitate to call.

Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My name is Pierre **, this facility is so awesome! I was very blessed to come here outta all of these other facilities. The techs here at DETOX OF SOUTH FLORIDA are angels. They treated me good starting the first day. The nurses are very professional and very caring and nice. This facility give out massages, PT and more. I was very shock when they told me they had all of these things at DETOX. The housekeepers stay on beat with cleaning your room, wash your clothes and make sure you have towels. I recommend this facility to ANYONE who serious about getting clean! This facility won't let you down not one bit.

Detox of South Florida response

Thank you Pierre for your kind words. We are very glad to see you share your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We will always be here for a lending hand in case you need it. We would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Best regards!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have been in alcohol recovery from Sept. 2016 to July 13 2018, so, about 22 months. I am very involved in AA from the day I went back to NY. I stayed with the 1st 3 steps for 6 months until I found my Sponsor who had a message and knew the program. I did return to my job I left to come to recovery. I was the alcoholic that drank from wake up to bed but was able to do it well.

In July I had thought a couple of beers was going to be ok after much thought. Very soon after, vodka seemed manageable, however, I began right where I left off. 1.75l every other day plus beer. Work got harder, my feelings of fear, hopelessness and being overwhelmed was consuming. I was sick again! I had to make a choice, consequences were coming. I made a choice. Talked with my network and my higher power brought me to this amazing place of Detox of South Florida. Love, understanding and programs. Proper meds, activities, massage therapy, great food and the best Tech advisors, Doctors I never could have imagined are offering my new beginning! Look forward to anyone the wants your peace of mind and true purpose to please reach out!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Detox of South Florida was by far the best experience I have had in a detox setting. Everything was 5 star from the food to the incredible staff. They made every day a good day in what usually is a depressing situation but here it was anything but. The staff went out of their way to make me laugh every day and kept me busy from the corn hole on the back deck the Xbox as well as massages every day. I strongly recommend this facility to anyone who is weary of making this step towards a new life. Big Shout to Deforest, Dj and George!!!

Good morning Jon,

We appreciate you sharing your pleasant experience at Detox of South Florida. Our staff always strives to provide comforting and supportive services. Glad to hear you enjoyed some of the activities and services we offered. Thank you for the kind and warm comments. The DSF team would like to wish you the best with your future endeavors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Detox of South Florida?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

This place is the place to go if you need detox from any addiction. The staff is very professional and very kind. The staff was accommodating, anything I needed they were more than welcome to assist me in. The food was good and the facility very clean.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Detox of South Florida Is a Very fine facility, that I would recommend to anyone that is in need of help. These people did a great job with me. I came in a little shakey and worn out physically and prior to my departure I felt amazing.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

The techs provided a great experience and were very helpful. Everyone was very respectful and super nice. The doctor and nurses really did everything they could to make you comfortable. It was an overall great experience. The food was good too.

Original review: July 23, 2019

This is my first facility; my sister actually researched this place and it was said to be the best Detox down south. So far Detox of South Florida has definitely lived up to the hype. This facility has yet to disappoint me. Upon my arrival I was weak mentally and physically. The staff here wheeled me in a wheelchair and aided me until I regained my strength. Detox of South Florida will never know how much of a positive effect they had on my health, recovery, and self esteem. The staff allowed me to be myself as they definitely were themselves. They are a complete team and more like family, always filled with joy and laughter. Thank you Detox of South FL.

Hi Marcia,

We appreciate your sharing your experience with others at Detox of South Florida. We are happy to hear about your positive encounter with our staff. It is an honor that our staff at DSF were able to accommodate you. Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate reaching out.

The DSF Team

Original review: July 14, 2019

I want to thank the Detox of South Florida for a wonderful experience. This facility was extremely clean and the staff was welcoming, hospitable, and caring. They welcomed me with opened arms. I never less of myself; sometimes you walk in a place and you’re shameful and shy and feel like you’re looked down upon, but that was never the case with this facility. I felt safe here and Ma'am Rose keeps tight ran shift.

Good afternoon Shelomith,

We are glad to hear about your positive experience at Detox of South Florida. Thank you for sharing your encounter with other on Consumer Affairs. We would like to wish you the best on your future endeavors and would like for you to always keep us in mind during your recovery journey. We are only one call away.

The DSF Team!

Detox of South Florida expert review by Erica Spiegelman

Detox of South Florida offers drug detox programs, outpatient therapies and addiction counseling with 24/7 care. Located in Okeechobee, the Detox center takes a holistic approach to health and well-being, treating patients for both the physical and mental illnesses associated with addiction.

• Unique, hands-on therapy: Caretakers arrange field trips to natural spaces, such as nature trails and farms, where patients can work with therapy animals.

• IV therapy: Detox of South Florida uses IV amino acid treatment to help with drug detoxification and ease the physical symptoms of withdrawal.

• Relapse prevention counseling: Every addict struggles with the uncertainty that comes with long-term sobriety, and counselors are on staff to help patients plan for their futures.

• Family counseling: Addiction affects family and friends as well as addicts. Counselors schedule family sessions and help reconnect addicts with their familial support system.

• Customized programs: Every patient is unique, and Detox of South Florida arranges custom detoxification and addiction programs for each one.

• Best for: Recovering addicts and people who are still struggling to give up drugs or alcohol.

Profile picture of Erica Spiegelman
Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Expert

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Detox of South Florida Company Information