Get a Free Quote Learn More
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 5.00/5
Learn More

Detox of South Florida offers the first step to overcoming addiction. The addiction center carries accreditation from the Joint Commission (Jcaho) and has 5-star accommodations situated in the most pristine area of Florida.

The center is directed by World leader in addiction medicine, Dr. Vikram Taragu, MD. Using cutting edge research and incorporating holistic methods of treatment. Offering inpatient and outpatient recovery programs, groups, and individual therapy, family counseling, life skill classes, and relapse prevention.

The staff at Detox of South Florida is dedicated to providing the finest possible treatments and assistance to guarantee that your journey is a rewarding success. Furthermore, they offer a variety of payment plans so that you can focus on recovery.

No one should have to go on this road alone, let us help you get back on your feet.

View More View More

Detox of South Florida Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Detox of South Florida is the best facility I could’ve imagined. I was nervous about the process, but the staff made me feel as if I was family right off the bat. Each and every person made me feel as if I was a person not an addict. Very professional and helpful in every way..

Hi Brian,

Thank you for sharing such kind words about Detox of South Florida. We appreciate you for trusting us with your recovery needs. Keep in mind that we will always be here for you through out your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us.

DSF Team!

Get expert buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I had a pleasant experience while going thru detox here. DJ did an exceptional job with calming me down during my intake and was compassionate to my needs. All of the techs did a great job with any assistance I needed. My counselor was kind and helped me info that I wanted to know about my disease. The cooks, cleaning crew were very polite. The Dr listened to my needs and gave me other suggestions to help with my depression. The Tans guy was polite and helpful along with the bio bed staff. The nurses were also exceptional. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. Great place for detox.

Hi Mark,

We appreciate you sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are happy and honored to hear about your positive and kind encounter with our staff. Every department tries their best in ensuring every patient is comfortable and accomodated during their recovery process. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you every step of the way, therefore, do not hesitate to contact us at any time. Mark, The DSF Team would like to wish you the best on your recovery journey!

The DSF Team!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

There is a lot of great thing about this facility I would like to mention. Firstly the whole clinical staff down, therapist all the way to the maintenance department are a joy to be around and very helpfully. I found myself in a situation where I was very down and multiple staff members including the maintenance made sure I was okay and well taken cared of. Secondly the kitchen is the most amazing food I’ve ever had in a treatment center, the plates are garnished and organized with well thought portion platters as well as a balanced taste and nutrition.

Lastly I’d like to generalize the professionalism of the Therapist, Clinical Director, BHT supervisor, Director of Operations, Nurses, Kitchen staff and maintenance, I highly recommend to anyone seeking treatment to strongly consider coming here. For many reasons it’s not the amenities that make this place amazing, it’s simply the well educated, very professional and loving staff that really separates this place from the rest.

Hi Austin,

Thank you for sharing your positive encounter at Detox of South Florida, we appreciate you sharing such a kind review. We are glad to hear that our staff we're able to accomodate your needs. We would like to wish you the best on your recovery journey, please do not hesitate to contact us as we're only one call away for help.

Best regards,

The DSF Team!

Original review: July 23, 2019

This is my first facility; my sister actually researched this place and it was said to be the best Detox down south. So far Detox of South Florida has definitely lived up to the hype. This facility has yet to disappoint me. Upon my arrival I was weak mentally and physically. The staff here wheeled me in a wheelchair and aided me until I regained my strength. Detox of South Florida will never know how much of a positive effect they had on my health, recovery, and self esteem. The staff allowed me to be myself as they definitely were themselves. They are a complete team and more like family, always filled with joy and laughter. Thank you Detox of South FL.

Hi Marcia,

We appreciate your sharing your experience with others at Detox of South Florida. We are happy to hear about your positive encounter with our staff. It is an honor that our staff at DSF were able to accommodate you. Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate reaching out.

Thank you!

The DSF Team

Original review: June 3, 2019

Had a great experience here, everyone made me feel welcome. Coming here was a very hard decision but glad I did it and very thankful for the experience. There are people who stood out and made it easy to talk to and continue on. I would like to thank and mostly recognize these people for going out of there way for me, when they didn't have to. D.J., Ms. Rose, Angie, Dorothy, Precious, Ms. Windi **, and Patrick. The food was great and the place is very clean. I will recommend this place, it was a great experience. Outstanding job. Thank you so very much. I can't thank these people enough.

Good afternoon Shana,

Thank you for sharing such a kind and positive review about our staff and the recovery care we offer at Detox of South Florida. We are grateful for the opportunity to provide to those in their recovery journey. The DSF Team would like to wish you the absolute best on your future endeavors, and please note that we are here for you no matter what. Therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at any time.

Best regards,

The Detox of South Florida Team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Detox of South Florida?

Original review: March 17, 2020

I really enjoyed my experience down here. The staff is awesome and very kind. I am very grateful for the staff and the facility they are running here. They are truly a blessing to me. The food is very good. Excellent. The counseling is awesome and the groups are very helpful. I will recommend this program to anybody needing substance abuse treatment.

Good afternoon Jessica,

Thank you for sharing such kind and positive words about Detox of South Florida. We appreciate you for choosing us for your recovery needs. We are greateful for the opportunity in serving you and for assisting you along your recovery journey. Please do not hesitate contacting us at any time, we are only one call away. We would all like to wish you the absolute best on your future endeavors.

The DSF Team!

Original review: March 9, 2020

I couldn’t be more grateful for this establishment and ALL the staff, they do a great job. They exceed knowledge, professionalism and cleanliness. Furthermore, they understand and are compassionate. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking forward to start and progress their sobriety.

Good afternoon Dante,

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida with others. Thank you for the wonderful opportunity to serve you. The DSF team would like to wish you the absolute best on your recovery journey. And remind you that we are only on call away in case you are needing support.

Best Regards,

The DSF Team!

Original review: March 1, 2020

All the people at Detox of South Florida were great people to be around and were a big help while I was going through the worst part of detox. I enjoyed interacting with the staff and nurses During the whole stay. Everything went smoothly with all the counselors, Doctors and nurses and I really enjoyed my stay here as far as the detox process concerns. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to get clean.

Good afternoon Maynard,

Thank you for sharing such kind words about Detox of South Florida with others. We appreciate you for giving us the opportunity to help you. We would like to wish you the absolute best on your recovery journey and remind you that we are only one call away in case you are in need of support.

Best Regards,

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Thanks for everything. Great experience. I hope not to come back but if I do mess up I will. The meds were very effective and helped me to detox. I was helped by my counselor and was able to make a plan upon leaving.

Hi Zachary,

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida with others. It was a pleasure being able to provide you the proper detoxfication services. Thank you for the opportunity to accomodate you. We would like to wish you the best on your recovery journey and please keep in mind that we are only one call away.

Best wishes,

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

The staff has been very friendly helpful and understanding. The food has been great. That made me feel very much like at home. The medical staff has been awesome And answered all questions thoroughly. For being a detox unit there’s been no drama due to the staff working with us all. It’s been been a great experience and Stepping Stone towards a different lifestyle. I am going to highly recommend this place to Two friends that I have that are in active addiction especially with alcohol. That’s all I have to say about that. All right.

Hi Travis,

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida with others. It was a pleasure being able to provide you the services and acommodations you needed. We would like to wish you the best on your recovery journey and please keep in mind that we are only one call away.

Best wishes,

Detox of South Florida expert review by Erica Spiegelman

Detox of South Florida offers drug detox programs, outpatient therapies and addiction counseling with 24/7 care. Located in Okeechobee, the Detox center takes a holistic approach to health and well-being, treating patients for both the physical and mental illnesses associated with addiction.

• Unique, hands-on therapy: Caretakers arrange field trips to natural spaces, such as nature trails and farms, where patients can work with therapy animals.

• IV therapy: Detox of South Florida uses IV amino acid treatment to help with drug detoxification and ease the physical symptoms of withdrawal.

• Relapse prevention counseling: Every addict struggles with the uncertainty that comes with long-term sobriety, and counselors are on staff to help patients plan for their futures.

• Family counseling: Addiction affects family and friends as well as addicts. Counselors schedule family sessions and help reconnect addicts with their familial support system.

• Customized programs: Every patient is unique, and Detox of South Florida arranges custom detoxification and addiction programs for each one.

• Best for: Recovering addicts and people who are still struggling to give up drugs or alcohol.

by Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Expert

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Detox of South Florida Company Information

608 NE 2nd Ave
    Okeechobee
    FL
    844-264-4671
    detoxofsouthflorida.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.