4.92/5
Based on 64 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Detox of South Florida offers the first step to overcoming addiction. The addiction center carries accreditation from the Joint Commission (Jcaho) and has 5-star accommodations situated in the most pristine area of Florida.

The center is directed by World leader in addiction medicine, Dr. Vikram Taragu, MD. Using cutting edge research and incorporating holistic methods of treatment. Offering inpatient and outpatient recovery programs, groups, and individual therapy, family counseling, life skill classes, and relapse prevention.

The staff at Detox of South Florida is dedicated to providing the finest possible treatments and assistance to guarantee that your journey is a rewarding success. Furthermore, they offer a variety of payment plans so that you can focus on recovery.

No one should have to go on this road alone, let us help you get back on your feet.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 23, 2018

240 Detox of South Florida Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I love Detox of South Florida. The directors here are amazing! They care about your problems. I got to give the therapist a HUGE shout out. Whenever I needed to make a call, they didn't hesitate not one bit. They very kind and sweet. They treated me like I was their son. I love how they get on to me about coming back to tell me I know better than that...

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

The best techs are George and Carmen!!! I definitely can't forget about the lead techs Anthony and Rose. The beds are comfortable. I also need to give props to the housekeepers because they be on point about cleans rooms and messes. Detox of South Florida show mad love and support everything you do in and out the facility. I love how they check up on me when I discharged the facility. They never judge you and want to help you out.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Detox of South Florida is one of the best facility EVER. They really care about your recovery! George, DJ, Anthony, Rose is really the MVP in this facility. The bed are comfortable!!!!! The food here is sooo good. Chef Jay deserve a raise by the way he cooking.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

1st and 2nd shift crew rocks!!! This facility care about me to the fullest. Every day they have smile on their face. I can't complain about this facility at all! The food here is amazing. No lie! The ice cream here is a blessing. No staff ever treated me wrong. If I had a problem they resolve it in blink of a eye.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Dj and George realist techs in this facility. They keep it 100 with you even though you don't want to hear it. They both treated me like an brother. I appreciate them both. They don't judge you or any other client. They make you feel welcome. Plus, Detox of South Florida give out massages and PT, you can't beat that!! Massage feel so good, it make you want to run a mile or two!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Detox of South Florida?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

This facility (Detox of South Florida) are one of the best facilities I ever been too. All jokes aside they really treat you right! BHT George, Anthony, Dj and Rose really make your stay here easy. They get it done right away without complaining. This staff treat you like family. I love how the staff play games with you (George and Felton).

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

BHT George, Myron, Angie, Anthony, Rose, Carmen was truly a blessing. They definitely treated me with respect and I appreciate them. This whole facility is a 5 star to me including the cooks. I eat good everyday no lie. This is the facility I will tell everybody to go too, to get clean. They definitely don't judge you in any other way.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Everything about Detox of South Florida is kept simple and easy so clients have no trouble following the rule. Everything is clean and the staff actually care about your well being. Respect is definitely given. From my personal experience I know I can always go to George for advice, help or just to talk. My stay here is always relaxed and comfortable.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Great staff super supervision and all around awesome place to recover. Extremely satisfied with my experience here. Lead tech George definitely made my stay here easy Very outgoing. The techs are truly a blessing. The facility itself is a blessing.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Second shift and Third shift and definitely can't forget about First shift, all three shifts was A1. They respect you to the fullest. The facility was very clean and neat. The massage lady did a great job massage my back, I needed it. My back wasn't hurting afterwards. I want to give thanks to the nurses for putting up with my attitude, I know I was a handful but not one nurses gave me mouth nor attitude back.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Myron and George are one of my favorite techs in the world. They deserve a raise on the spot. Can't forget Lead Tech Rose! The nurses on morning and night shift was wonderful! The whole facility was wonderful. Detox of South Florida treated me like 5 star facility.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Detox of South Florida is one of the best facility I ever went to... They really care about your recovery. All the techs and counselors and nurses. The food is amazing! I really appreciate the facility for my stay here!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

One thing I'm say about this facility of Detox of South Florida is the food is AMAZING!!! Cooker Jay & Cooker Bryan food really be hitting the spot every day! I really be looking forward to breakfast, lunch & dinner. I want to thank them for cooking and caring about us clients.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Myron & George are one of the BEST techs EVER!!! Morning shift is really helpful. I'm truly blessed to come to this Detox of South Florida. Omg I can't forget about LT Rose and Anthony. One bad thing about this facility is the beds!!! Other than that one of the best facility ever.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

First off, I'm miss y'all DSF guys especially the nurses. The food has been good AF! The techs has been A1! LT George and Anthony and Rose deserve to be lead techs. I see how they lead other techs and I'll LOVE being here! The massage lady came in clutch and I feel so good, after the massage!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

El, Carmen, Teresa, George, Anthony are my favorites techs! They really help me get through my detox! They really deserve a raise point blank!!! I really want to thank them! Btw DSF best detox facility ever! I will really would tell people to come to DSF in a heart attack.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Lead tech George is the best tech EVER!!! He really help me out at detox! Myron on 1st shift is a blessing! He deserved a raise. Lead tech Anthony definitely help me out too. I really tell people if they want to get clean come to DSF. BTW George & Anthony really act like a lead tech.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

All three of my stays here have been exceptional. The medical detox is very comfortable, the staff treats clients with the dignity, care, and respect they deserve. All the comforts of home are available, and in my case, to a higher standard. The beds are extremely comfortable, the showers are hot and very spacious, and the facility is all around clean and comfortable. As clients, we have all the comfort and assistance needed to begin on our journey towards recovering from drug and alcohol addictions. The three meals a day that are provided are well balanced and phenomenally cooked and tasty, there is also always plenty to snack on. In our free time there is an Xbox with plenty of games to choose from and card/board games to play. Each room comes with most TV channels and the community TV has Netflix. There's never a lack of anything to do. In my book, Detox of South Florida gets a 10 star rating.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

The staff here is really cool and fun to talk to. I get a lot of love when I'm here and that's appreciated. The food is awesome. The nurses and doctors are wonderful. My counselor is great. All the but are very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

This has been my second stay at Detox of South Florida. They are so helpful and friendly. Even at my worse the techs were always caring and respectful. My first stay Shain, helped me immensely and when I came back this time he had remembered me. It made me feel welcomed and home. Thank you to the staff.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I had a great experience. Techs were amazing and made it feel like home. Everyone was so nice. Doctors was very helpful and caring. The chef was awesome and the food was wonderful. I would recommend Detox to anyone needed treatment. But Shane is very great and also helpful.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I have been sick and they have gone to great lengths to ensure my comfort and inform me of my process. The food is excellent and the rooms are great. I have learned a lot while I was here. I would recommend Detox of South Florida to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

All the staff, techs, doctors and nurses were awesome. I have to give a special shout out to the techs Shane and Mark, they went above and beyond to make my stay here great. I can't stress enough how lucky this facility is to have Shane and Mark apart of the staff because honestly if it wasn't for them I don't know if I would have stuck and out and stayed here. Thank you everyone for the great hospitality. Shane and Mark I can't thank you enough for helping me through this very difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

This place was a wonderful place, especially the tech Shane. He made things go smooth through my stay here. Everyone was nice and helpful. The chef was awesome and the food was great. I would recommend a friend for sure. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I had a great experience, at first I was very nervous but they were very sweet & made me feel at home. I will definitely miss everyone when I'm gone and I highly recommend this place to ANYONE that needs it.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Pleasant staff. Helpful. Seems like the AV Actually care about your well being. The texts are Extremely hands on. Everything was great and I would recommend anyone to Detox of South Florida. The food was great. The nurses and doctors were a blessing.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

South Florida Detox is my favorite detox and it's the only one I'll return to after relapses. The staff is incredible because they actually care for the clients and are extremely kind, they'll go to any length to make sure you're comfortable and happy which I love about this place. The food here is also great because the chefs put time, effort and love into it. Detox of South Florida is my favorite and the best detox to go to in my eyes.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Everyone here was awesome. Loved all the staff. Techs were wonderful. The food was great. El makes us feel comfortable when she does testing. Overall everything was great and I would recommend anyone that is seeking detox. I really enjoyed it here.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Staff and techs were great. Shane is an incredible human being. Everything was awesome. The doctor was very helpful. I would recommend Detox of South Florida to everyone. It was a wonderful experience for me. The food was awesome as well. Thank you.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Great place, very friendly and caring staff. The staff checked on me and made sure I was okay at all times. Housekeeping keep my room clean and well stocked. The chef made awesome food that tasted great and everything was very fresh. Group meeting were full of information and got everyone involved. Overall it is a great environment and they make you feel at home.

Detox of South Florida Company Information

608 NE 2nd Ave
Okeechobee
FL
www.detoxofsouthflorida.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use