Get a Free Quote Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 5.00/5
Visit Website

Detox of South Florida offers the first step to overcoming addiction. The addiction center carries accreditation from the Joint Commission (Jcaho) and has 5-star accommodations situated in the most pristine area of Florida.

The center is directed by World leader in addiction medicine, Dr. Vikram Taragu, MD. Using cutting edge research and incorporating holistic methods of treatment. Offering inpatient and outpatient recovery programs, groups, and individual therapy, family counseling, life skill classes, and relapse prevention.

The staff at Detox of South Florida is dedicated to providing the finest possible treatments and assistance to guarantee that your journey is a rewarding success. Furthermore, they offer a variety of payment plans so that you can focus on recovery.

No one should have to go on this road alone, let us help you get back on your feet.

View More View More

Detox of South Florida Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Detox of South Florida is the best facility I could’ve imagined. I was nervous about the process, but the staff made me feel as if I was family right off the bat. Each and every person made me feel as if I was a person not an addict. Very professional and helpful in every way..

Hi Brian,

Thank you for sharing such kind words about Detox of South Florida. We appreciate you for trusting us with your recovery needs. Keep in mind that we will always be here for you through out your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us.

DSF Team!

Get expert buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I had a pleasant experience while going thru detox here. DJ did an exceptional job with calming me down during my intake and was compassionate to my needs. All of the techs did a great job with any assistance I needed. My counselor was kind and helped me info that I wanted to know about my disease. The cooks, cleaning crew were very polite. The Dr listened to my needs and gave me other suggestions to help with my depression. The Tans guy was polite and helpful along with the bio bed staff. The nurses were also exceptional. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. Great place for detox.

Hi Mark,

We appreciate you sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are happy and honored to hear about your positive and kind encounter with our staff. Every department tries their best in ensuring every patient is comfortable and accomodated during their recovery process. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you every step of the way, therefore, do not hesitate to contact us at any time. Mark, The DSF Team would like to wish you the best on your recovery journey!

The DSF Team!

Original review: July 23, 2019

This is my first facility; my sister actually researched this place and it was said to be the best Detox down south. So far Detox of South Florida has definitely lived up to the hype. This facility has yet to disappoint me. Upon my arrival I was weak mentally and physically. The staff here wheeled me in a wheelchair and aided me until I regained my strength. Detox of South Florida will never know how much of a positive effect they had on my health, recovery, and self esteem. The staff allowed me to be myself as they definitely were themselves. They are a complete team and more like family, always filled with joy and laughter. Thank you Detox of South FL.

Hi Marcia,

We appreciate your sharing your experience with others at Detox of South Florida. We are happy to hear about your positive encounter with our staff. It is an honor that our staff at DSF were able to accommodate you. Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate reaching out.

Thank you!

The DSF Team

Original review: June 3, 2019

Had a great experience here, everyone made me feel welcome. Coming here was a very hard decision but glad I did it and very thankful for the experience. There are people who stood out and made it easy to talk to and continue on. I would like to thank and mostly recognize these people for going out of there way for me, when they didn't have to. D.J., Ms. Rose, Angie, Dorothy, Precious, Ms. Windi **, and Patrick. The food was great and the place is very clean. I will recommend this place, it was a great experience. Outstanding job. Thank you so very much. I can't thank these people enough.

Good afternoon Shana,

Thank you for sharing such a kind and positive review about our staff and the recovery care we offer at Detox of South Florida. We are grateful for the opportunity to provide to those in their recovery journey. The DSF Team would like to wish you the absolute best on your future endeavors, and please note that we are here for you no matter what. Therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at any time.

Best regards,

The Detox of South Florida Team!

Original review: May 3, 2019

The place is very good. Everybody is very nice especially the tech group since my beginning from Rick the first one to talk to me and take me in. He made me feel super nice and good coming here and Dj that make me feel super welcome and I appreciate everything he did for me to everybody else too. All are very nice and careful people and all the personnel too. Nothing but good memories and good recommendation for every body here in Detox of South Florida.

Good morning Alejandro,

Thank you for sharing such a kind and positive review about our staff and the recovery care we offer at Detox of South Florida. We are grateful for the opportunity. The DSF Team would like to wish you the absolute best on your recovery journey, please note that we are here for support if ever needed. Therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at any time.

Best regards,

The Detox of South Florida Team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Detox of South Florida?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I had an amazing time here at this facility, all the staff here are very kind and helpful. I would recommend this place to any1 that is seeking recovery. Mark and DJ personally helped make my stay here very pleasant and I am forever going to be grateful for everything they have done for me. I love the groups and the environment that the staff make this place. They have great food and great staff. I hands down give this place 5 stars.

Hi Cody,

It is a pleasure hearing about your positive encounter at Detox of South Florida. We are very grateful for the opportunity to accomodate and cater to you during your recovery stay. Thank you, for trusting us with your care and allowing us to serve you. The DSF team would like to wish you the absolute best on your recovery journey, please do not hestitate to contact us if you are needing support or assistance. We are only one call away.

Best Regards,

The Detox of South Florida Team!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I’ve such enjoyed being here at Detox of South Florida, the techs and doctors were phenomenal, which under the conditions I needed badly, they made me feel comfortable in an unfamiliar atmosphere, only took minutes to realize I was in the right place for the help I needed. Thanks to DJ and the rest of the team for all their help. Food was awesome too!

Hi Todd,

We are pleased to hear about your positive encounter at Detox of South Florida. It's a pleasure to hear you were accomodated and got to enjoy our food. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you throughout your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate reaching out to us for support. The DSF team would all like to thank you for the opportunity.

Warmest wishes,

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

The Detox of South Florida team is the best team ever. Big shout out to BHT Mark, DJ, and Armand for making my stay worthwhile. This place cares about the wellbeing of the clients and accommodates our every need. Thank you Detox of South Florida.

Hi Julie,

Thank you for sharing such a kind and thoughtful review on here about Detox of South Florida. We are grateful to hear about your positive encounter, and hope you know that we are only one call away when in need of support. The DSF team would like to wish you the absolute best on your recovery journey.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

All the staff here was amazing. I was glad to have came to Detox of South Florida. I would recommend it to family and friends. I appreciate all of the help and services I received in my stay here. They care about your personal specific needs and try to tend to them. I would rate it 10 out of a scale of 1-10.

Hi Kirsten,

We are pleased to hear about your positive encounter at Detox of South Florida. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you throughout your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate reaching out to us for support. The DSF team would all like to thank you for the opportunity.

Warmest wishes,

The DSF Team

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My experience here was superb. The staff here is very supportive and accommodating. I was reluctant on getting treatment but Sandra made the process easy and smooth. I recommend anyone struggling with addiction to consider this place. Your life depends on it.

Hi Donnell,

We are glad to hear about your amazing experience at Detox of South Florida. Thank you for the allowing us to assist you along your recovery process. Please keep in mind that we are only one call away. We would all like to wish you the best on your recovery journey. We are greateful you chose Detox of South Florida for your recovery.

Detox of South Florida expert review by Erica Spiegelman

Detox of South Florida offers drug detox programs, outpatient therapies and addiction counseling with 24/7 care. Located in Okeechobee, the Detox center takes a holistic approach to health and well-being, treating patients for both the physical and mental illnesses associated with addiction.

• Unique, hands-on therapy: Caretakers arrange field trips to natural spaces, such as nature trails and farms, where patients can work with therapy animals.

• IV therapy: Detox of South Florida uses IV amino acid treatment to help with drug detoxification and ease the physical symptoms of withdrawal.

• Relapse prevention counseling: Every addict struggles with the uncertainty that comes with long-term sobriety, and counselors are on staff to help patients plan for their futures.

• Family counseling: Addiction affects family and friends as well as addicts. Counselors schedule family sessions and help reconnect addicts with their familial support system.

• Customized programs: Every patient is unique, and Detox of South Florida arranges custom detoxification and addiction programs for each one.

• Best for: Recovering addicts and people who are still struggling to give up drugs or alcohol.

by Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Expert

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Detox of South Florida Company Information