Call toll free
5.00/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Detox of South Florida offers the first step to overcoming addiction. The addiction center carries accreditation from the Joint Commission (Jcaho) and has 5-star accommodations situated in the most pristine area of Florida.

The center is directed by World leader in addiction medicine, Dr. Vikram Taragu, MD. Using cutting edge research and incorporating holistic methods of treatment. Offering inpatient and outpatient recovery programs, groups, and individual therapy, family counseling, life skill classes, and relapse prevention.

The staff at Detox of South Florida is dedicated to providing the finest possible treatments and assistance to guarantee that your journey is a rewarding success. Furthermore, they offer a variety of payment plans so that you can focus on recovery.

No one should have to go on this road alone, let us help you get back on your feet.

View More View More

Detox of South Florida Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I had a pleasant experience while going thru detox here. DJ did an exceptional job with calming me down during my intake and was compassionate to my needs. All of the techs did a great job with any assistance I needed. My counselor was kind and helped me info that I wanted to know about my disease. The cooks, cleaning crew were very polite. The Dr listened to my needs and gave me other suggestions to help with my depression. The Tans guy was polite and helpful along with the bio bed staff. The nurses were also exceptional. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. Great place for detox.

Hi Mark,

We appreciate you sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are happy and honored to hear about your positive and kind encounter with our staff. Every department tries their best in ensuring every patient is comfortable and accomodated during their recovery process. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you every step of the way, therefore, do not hesitate to contact us at any time. Mark, The DSF Team would like to wish you the best on your recovery journey!

The DSF Team!

Get expert buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Detox of South Florida has been open for years and in those years they have been so amazing to me as my personal experience. The staff is more than accommodating to all their clients. They handle everything that's important to make a client happy, comfortable, and safe. Massages to biobed and staff members going out of their way. George has worked there since I became a client. he is always there to welcome new clients trying to make them comfortable and trying to make them laugh. Nancy is also awesome. She gave me multiple chances to truly change and get my life in order. I highly recommend if you have a loved one who needs help. Detox of South Florida saves lives for the better and encourages you to change!!!

Good afternoon Jessica,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are glad to hear about your positive encounters with our staff members. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing Detox of South Florida.

Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, so please don't hesitate to call us at any time if you are in need of support or encouragement.

Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My first shout out is to DJ (Tech) when I first arrived here, he made me feel so comfortable. He was funny and very respectful young man. He definitely took care of me and my needs. The other techs are awesome. The beds are comfortable and very nice setting in the room. I couldn't believe they had massage lady to massage you, PT man to come to the facility to do PT on you. The bio bed is so good and make you so sleepy feel relax.

Good afternoon Kelly,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are glad to hear about your positive encounter/s with DJ (one of our tenured BHT's), along with our other outstanding BHT's. We are very pleased to know that our support services such as massage therapy, and the Biosound Technology Bed aided your detox process.

Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, so please don't hesitate to call.

Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My name is Pierre **, this facility is so awesome! I was very blessed to come here outta all of these other facilities. The techs here at DETOX OF SOUTH FLORIDA are angels. They treated me good starting the first day. The nurses are very professional and very caring and nice. This facility give out massages, PT and more. I was very shock when they told me they had all of these things at DETOX. The housekeepers stay on beat with cleaning your room, wash your clothes and make sure you have towels. I recommend this facility to ANYONE who serious about getting clean! This facility won't let you down not one bit.

Detox of South Florida response

Thank you Pierre for your kind words. We are very glad to see you share your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We will always be here for a lending hand in case you need it. We would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Best regards!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Omg, these Detox of South Florida staff are the bomb. They are very respectful and care about your recovery. The most MVP at this facility is my counselor Tara. She keep it real with you from the jump. She have TOUGH love. I appreciate every staff tech to the kitchen staff. They treated me like I'm was in 5 star hotel. I love how the facility stay clean top to bottom. The housekeepers really need to be showing love because they do small things behind close doors. Your bed will be made ASAP, as soon you leave the room. They put extra towels for you. They very friendly. The food here is good. I haven't heard one complaint about the food at all. I'm really going to miss my Detox family.

Detox of South Florida response

Garin, thank you for sharing your special experience at our facility with others. We are ecstatic to hear about your positive encounter with our staff. We wish you the best with your new endeavors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Detox of South Florida?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

My experience at Detox of South Florida was life changing. I was struggling tremendously with my alcohol addiction and found this facility. The staff is the best I have experienced in my recovery journey and the programming is excellent. The food was outstanding, I would highly recommend this detox to anyone!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

There is a lot of great thing about this facility I would like to mention. Firstly the whole clinical staff down, therapist all the way to the maintenance department are a joy to be around and very helpfully. I found myself in a situation where I was very down and multiple staff members including the maintenance made sure I was okay and well taken cared of. Secondly the kitchen is the most amazing food I’ve ever had in a treatment center, the plates are garnished and organized with well thought portion platters as well as a balanced taste and nutrition.

Lastly I’d like to generalize the professionalism of the Therapist, Clinical Director, BHT supervisor, Director of Operations, Nurses, Kitchen staff and maintenance, I highly recommend to anyone seeking treatment to strongly consider coming here. For many reasons it’s not the amenities that make this place amazing, it’s simply the well educated, very professional and loving staff that really separates this place from the rest.

Hi Austin,

Thank you for sharing your positive encounter at Detox of South Florida, we appreciate you sharing such a kind review. We are glad to hear that our staff we're able to accomodate your needs. We would like to wish you the best on your recovery journey, please do not hesitate to contact us as we're only one call away for help.

Best regards,

The DSF Team!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

This place is the place to go if you need detox from any addiction. The staff is very professional and very kind. The staff was accommodating, anything I needed they were more than welcome to assist me in. The food was good and the facility very clean.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida. We are glad to hear that our staff was able to accomodate you and make you feel comfortable during your recovery process. We would like to wish you the best onto your future endeavors. Please do not hesitate in reaching out to us at anytime when in need for help; we will gladly assist.

Best Regards,

The DSF Team!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Detox of South Florida Is a Very fine facility, that I would recommend to anyone that is in need of help. These people did a great job with me. I came in a little shakey and worn out physically and prior to my departure I felt amazing.

Hi Ann,

We appreciate the kind and positive comment about referring our detoxification center to others in need. We are glad you chose Detox of Sputh Florida, thank you for giving us the ooportunity to accomodate you. Please do not hesitate to contact us during your recovery journey, we are here to guide you every step of the way.

The DSF Team!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

The techs provided a great experience and were very helpful. Everyone was very respectful and super nice. The doctor and nurses really did everything they could to make you comfortable. It was an overall great experience. The food was good too.

Hi Joshua,

We are glad to hear about your positive encounter with our behavioral health technician's. We appreciate the opportunity in choosing Detox of South Florida for your detoxification needs. We are grateful for allowing us to accomodate you and treat you during your stay here. The DSF team would like to wish you the best on your recovery journey and to always keep us in mind when in a time of need. We are only one call away for help.

Best Regards,

DSF Team!

Detox of South Florida expert review by Erica Spiegelman

Detox of South Florida offers drug detox programs, outpatient therapies and addiction counseling with 24/7 care. Located in Okeechobee, the Detox center takes a holistic approach to health and well-being, treating patients for both the physical and mental illnesses associated with addiction.

• Unique, hands-on therapy: Caretakers arrange field trips to natural spaces, such as nature trails and farms, where patients can work with therapy animals.

• IV therapy: Detox of South Florida uses IV amino acid treatment to help with drug detoxification and ease the physical symptoms of withdrawal.

• Relapse prevention counseling: Every addict struggles with the uncertainty that comes with long-term sobriety, and counselors are on staff to help patients plan for their futures.

• Family counseling: Addiction affects family and friends as well as addicts. Counselors schedule family sessions and help reconnect addicts with their familial support system.

• Customized programs: Every patient is unique, and Detox of South Florida arranges custom detoxification and addiction programs for each one.

• Best for: Recovering addicts and people who are still struggling to give up drugs or alcohol.

Profile picture of Erica Spiegelman
Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Expert

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Detox of South Florida Company Information