4.91/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Detox of South Florida offers the first step to overcoming addiction. The addiction center carries accreditation from the Joint Commission (Jcaho) and has 5-star accommodations situated in the most pristine area of Florida.

The center is directed by World leader in addiction medicine, Dr. Vikram Taragu, MD. Using cutting edge research and incorporating holistic methods of treatment. Offering inpatient and outpatient recovery programs, groups, and individual therapy, family counseling, life skill classes, and relapse prevention.

The staff at Detox of South Florida is dedicated to providing the finest possible treatments and assistance to guarantee that your journey is a rewarding success. Furthermore, they offer a variety of payment plans so that you can focus on recovery.

No one should have to go on this road alone, let us help you get back on your feet.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

236 Detox of South Florida Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

1st and 2nd shift crew rocks!!! This facility care about me to the fullest. Every day they have smile on their face. I can't complain about this facility at all! The food here is amazing. No lie! The ice cream here is a blessing. No staff ever treated me wrong. If I had a problem they resolve it in blink of a eye.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Dj and George realist techs in this facility. They keep it 100 with you even though you don't want to hear it. They both treated me like an brother. I appreciate them both. They don't judge you or any other client. They make you feel welcome. Plus, Detox of South Florida give out massages and PT, you can't beat that!! Massage feel so good, it make you want to run a mile or two!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

This facility (Detox of South Florida) are one of the best facilities I ever been too. All jokes aside they really treat you right! BHT George, Anthony, Dj and Rose really make your stay here easy. They get it done right away without complaining. This staff treat you like family. I love how the staff play games with you (George and Felton).

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

BHT George, Myron, Angie, Anthony, Rose, Carmen was truly a blessing. They definitely treated me with respect and I appreciate them. This whole facility is a 5 star to me including the cooks. I eat good everyday no lie. This is the facility I will tell everybody to go too, to get clean. They definitely don't judge you in any other way.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Everything about Detox of South Florida is kept simple and easy so clients have no trouble following the rule. Everything is clean and the staff actually care about your well being. Respect is definitely given. From my personal experience I know I can always go to George for advice, help or just to talk. My stay here is always relaxed and comfortable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Detox of South Florida?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Great staff super supervision and all around awesome place to recover. Extremely satisfied with my experience here. Lead tech George definitely made my stay here easy Very outgoing. The techs are truly a blessing. The facility itself is a blessing.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Second shift and Third shift and definitely can't forget about First shift, all three shifts was A1. They respect you to the fullest. The facility was very clean and neat. The massage lady did a great job massage my back, I needed it. My back wasn't hurting afterwards. I want to give thanks to the nurses for putting up with my attitude, I know I was a handful but not one nurses gave me mouth nor attitude back.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Myron and George are one of my favorite techs in the world. They deserve a raise on the spot. Can't forget Lead Tech Rose! The nurses on morning and night shift was wonderful! The whole facility was wonderful. Detox of South Florida treated me like 5 star facility.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Detox of South Florida is one of the best facility I ever went to... They really care about your recovery. All the techs and counselors and nurses. The food is amazing! I really appreciate the facility for my stay here!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Myron & George are one of the BEST techs EVER!!! Morning shift is really helpful. I'm truly blessed to come to this Detox of South Florida. Omg I can't forget about LT Rose and Anthony. One bad thing about this facility is the beds!!! Other than that one of the best facility ever.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

First off, I'm miss y'all DSF guys especially the nurses. The food has been good AF! The techs has been A1! LT George and Anthony and Rose deserve to be lead techs. I see how they lead other techs and I'll LOVE being here! The massage lady came in clutch and I feel so good, after the massage!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

El, Carmen, Teresa, George, Anthony are my favorites techs! They really help me get through my detox! They really deserve a raise point blank!!! I really want to thank them! Btw DSF best detox facility ever! I will really would tell people to come to DSF in a heart attack.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Lead tech George is the best tech EVER!!! He really help me out at detox! Myron on 1st shift is a blessing! He deserved a raise. Lead tech Anthony definitely help me out too. I really tell people if they want to get clean come to DSF. BTW George & Anthony really act like a lead tech.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

All three of my stays here have been exceptional. The medical detox is very comfortable, the staff treats clients with the dignity, care, and respect they deserve. All the comforts of home are available, and in my case, to a higher standard. The beds are extremely comfortable, the showers are hot and very spacious, and the facility is all around clean and comfortable. As clients, we have all the comfort and assistance needed to begin on our journey towards recovering from drug and alcohol addictions. The three meals a day that are provided are well balanced and phenomenally cooked and tasty, there is also always plenty to snack on. In our free time there is an Xbox with plenty of games to choose from and card/board games to play. Each room comes with most TV channels and the community TV has Netflix. There's never a lack of anything to do. In my book, Detox of South Florida gets a 10 star rating.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

The staff here is really cool and fun to talk to. I get a lot of love when I'm here and that's appreciated. The food is awesome. The nurses and doctors are wonderful. My counselor is great. All the but are very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

This has been my second stay at Detox of South Florida. They are so helpful and friendly. Even at my worse the techs were always caring and respectful. My first stay Shain, helped me immensely and when I came back this time he had remembered me. It made me feel welcomed and home. Thank you to the staff.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I had a great experience. Techs were amazing and made it feel like home. Everyone was so nice. Doctors was very helpful and caring. The chef was awesome and the food was wonderful. I would recommend Detox to anyone needed treatment. But Shane is very great and also helpful.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I have been sick and they have gone to great lengths to ensure my comfort and inform me of my process. The food is excellent and the rooms are great. I have learned a lot while I was here. I would recommend Detox of South Florida to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

All the staff, techs, doctors and nurses were awesome. I have to give a special shout out to the techs Shane and Mark, they went above and beyond to make my stay here great. I can't stress enough how lucky this facility is to have Shane and Mark apart of the staff because honestly if it wasn't for them I don't know if I would have stuck and out and stayed here. Thank you everyone for the great hospitality. Shane and Mark I can't thank you enough for helping me through this very difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

This place was a wonderful place, especially the tech Shane. He made things go smooth through my stay here. Everyone was nice and helpful. The chef was awesome and the food was great. I would recommend a friend for sure. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I had a great experience, at first I was very nervous but they were very sweet & made me feel at home. I will definitely miss everyone when I'm gone and I highly recommend this place to ANYONE that needs it.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Pleasant staff. Helpful. Seems like the AV Actually care about your well being. The texts are Extremely hands on. Everything was great and I would recommend anyone to Detox of South Florida. The food was great. The nurses and doctors were a blessing.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

South Florida Detox is my favorite detox and it's the only one I'll return to after relapses. The staff is incredible because they actually care for the clients and are extremely kind, they'll go to any length to make sure you're comfortable and happy which I love about this place. The food here is also great because the chefs put time, effort and love into it. Detox of South Florida is my favorite and the best detox to go to in my eyes.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Everyone here was awesome. Loved all the staff. Techs were wonderful. The food was great. El makes us feel comfortable when she does testing. Overall everything was great and I would recommend anyone that is seeking detox. I really enjoyed it here.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Staff and techs were great. Shane is an incredible human being. Everything was awesome. The doctor was very helpful. I would recommend Detox of South Florida to everyone. It was a wonderful experience for me. The food was awesome as well. Thank you.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Great place, very friendly and caring staff. The staff checked on me and made sure I was okay at all times. Housekeeping keep my room clean and well stocked. The chef made awesome food that tasted great and everything was very fresh. Group meeting were full of information and got everyone involved. Overall it is a great environment and they make you feel at home.

Original review: July 28, 2017

The establishment of the 'Detox of South Florida' is undoubtedly one of its kind; it did not only serve as a detox center for me, but in such a short span of time it provided such great services that made me feel as though I was at home. This facility is not a rehabilitation center, but it certainly felt like one... 'Detox of South Florida' is like hitting two birds with one stone; it initiates your detox process while at the same time providing a fun healthy warm environment with many leisure activities to partake in that sets you up and prepares for your next step at a Rehab Facility.

The nurses, technicians, counselors, and doctors all radiate a peaceful, fun, comfortable, and warm-hearted aura that allows you to feel beyond comfortable in requesting personal needs to make you feel at home. Oh... And By the way, THEIR FOOD IS RIDICULOUSLY AMAZINGLY!!! In such a short span of time my substance abuse cravings diminished dramatically to almost having none whatsoever. I can't even say "Thank You" to you guys... Because at least to me? Words cannot describe how grateful I am to every single staff member on board.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Staff at Detox is great. I was treated very well and detoxed in a gradual process. The food was awesome and the bed was very comfortable. I liked my counselor and the Doctors were very compassionate. They washed my clothes and even made up my bed every day.

Original review: July 20, 2017

The employees here are amazing. You can tell they like their job and want to help others. I'm very grateful to have been able to come here instead of somewhere else. I came in not expecting to make friends and I've made three that will now be friends for life.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Forest is amazing, my favorite tech that deserves a raise hands down. The place is nice. One of the best places I have been to detoxing. It has been a easy and comforting place to be. I am glad I came.

Detox of South Florida Company Information