Call toll free
4.97/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Detox of South Florida offers the first step to overcoming addiction. The addiction center carries accreditation from the Joint Commission (Jcaho) and has 5-star accommodations situated in the most pristine area of Florida.

The center is directed by World leader in addiction medicine, Dr. Vikram Taragu, MD. Using cutting edge research and incorporating holistic methods of treatment. Offering inpatient and outpatient recovery programs, groups, and individual therapy, family counseling, life skill classes, and relapse prevention.

The staff at Detox of South Florida is dedicated to providing the finest possible treatments and assistance to guarantee that your journey is a rewarding success. Furthermore, they offer a variety of payment plans so that you can focus on recovery.

No one should have to go on this road alone, let us help you get back on your feet.

View More View More

284 Detox of South Florida Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Detox of South Florida took great care of me. All the staff members are very kind and compassionate. I would highly recommend Detox of South Florida as an escape and a place to get well. I give my highest recommendations to this facility and all the members that work here. Truly a 5 star establishment.

Get expert buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Detox of South Florida met every one of my needs and makes me feel welcomed and as if I were the only one here. I encourage everyone to come here. I was nervous about coming here like I am before I go anywhere else but I don't regret coming to detox of south Florida. They treated me like family.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Detox of South Florida has been open for years and in those years they have been so amazing to me as my personal experience. The staff is more than accommodating to all their clients. They handle everything that's important to make a client happy, comfortable, and safe. Massages to biobed and staff members going out of their way. George has worked there since I became a client. he is always there to welcome new clients trying to make them comfortable and trying to make them laugh. Nancy is also awesome. She gave me multiple chances to truly change and get my life in order. I highly recommend if you have a loved one who needs help. Detox of South Florida saves lives for the better and encourages you to change!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Detox of South Florida is a safe and stable place to begin your recovery. The staff is very engaged and supportive. Also they are knowledgeable in the disease of addiction, and you would be wise to place yourself in their care. The kitchen staff are funny and they good at what they do!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

S/o to Armand, DJ, George and Angie! Those my people right there!! They help me out a lot and they care about your recovery. I love how Mark give out bibles to all the clients and including staff. The nurses are very good, they give out your medication on time. Nurse Liz ALWAYS ask if you ate or even slept good? I love how she care about small things. Bio bed is good btw

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Detox of South Florida?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My first shout out is to DJ (Tech) when I first arrived here, he made me feel so comfortable. He was funny and very respectful young man. He definitely took care of me and my needs. The other techs are awesome. The beds are comfortable and very nice setting in the room. I couldn't believe they had massage lady to massage you, PT man to come to the facility to do PT on you. The bio bed is so good and make you so sleepy feel relax.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

This facility is cool and chilled. The techs are hard workers. They always help me out with everything I need to be helped with. The head people are kind, I love how they walk by you and start having random conversations with you. They don't have big heads and think they above you. They care about you here at Detox. If I know anybody who need help, this is first place I recommend to.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

This facility is wonderful. Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are clean. There is a tv in every bedroom. Food is actually really good. Most everything is provided. Large smoking area and porch. Nurses are available 24 hours.

Hi Kyndra,

We appreciate you sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We will always be here for support and encouragement so please do not hesitate to contact us. We would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Best regards!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I really like this staff because they are amazing and they treat me like a person that don't have drug problems. The food is good!!! The room are nice. They keep you very comfortable here at Detox of South Florida. I love how they have groups and it with open arms. They love too, how they talk to you respectively, not thinking they top of the world on you.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your kind words. We are very glad to see you share your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We appreciate the positive feedback.We will always be here for a lending hand in case you need it. We would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Best regards!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Was nervous at first but the staff was very helpful and courteous made for an easy stay. This facility has been the best for me. I love Detox of South Florida! This whole facility is so clean. The kitchen staff are amazing and awesome.

Detox of South Florida response

Thank you Matthew for your kind words. We are very glad to see you share your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We will always be here for a lending hand in case you need it. We would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Detox of South Florida is very clean, professional, trustworthy and safe. I love Mark. I love how I see him everyday and he always smiling and give me bible bracelet. My counselor Precious help me out and I appreciate her so much. The kitchen staff food was good. I love how the facility have TV in their rooms. S/o to Angie, Mark, Sissy, Darlene and last but not least Precious!!!

Hi Richard,
We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us at Detox of South Florida. Thank you for the feedback we love to hear how our staff can benefit each and every one of our patients. We'd like to let you know that we are here for you no matter what, so please do not hesitate to call. We wish the best on your future endeavors.

Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My name is Pierre **, this facility is so awesome! I was very blessed to come here outta all of these other facilities. The techs here at DETOX OF SOUTH FLORIDA are angels. They treated me good starting the first day. The nurses are very professional and very caring and nice. This facility give out massages, PT and more. I was very shock when they told me they had all of these things at DETOX. The housekeepers stay on beat with cleaning your room, wash your clothes and make sure you have towels. I recommend this facility to ANYONE who serious about getting clean! This facility won't let you down not one bit.

Detox of South Florida response

Thank you Pierre for your kind words. We are very glad to see you share your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We will always be here for a lending hand in case you need it. We would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

A really good place, the detox is comfortable. As well as they treat clients per their own needs. Would always recommend to people who desire to recover from drugs or alcohol. The techs they have working there are all respectful. My personal view is that George helps in a way I've never seen done in other treatment centers.

Hi Zachary,
We appreciate you sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are very fortunate to have the team we have at DSF we find teamwork to be key. We are very happy to hear about your positive experience and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

The food really good, the techs help you out a lot and very friendly. The facility itself very nice and clean. I want to give BIG S/O to the housekeepers. They fix your bed up and clean your room spotless. The massage therapist is TOP notch! The doctor hear you out and I like that. She take her time to hear you out.

Hi William,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience with our staff and facility with others. We will always be here for support and encouragement. We would like to wish you the best on your future journey,

Best regards!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This facility treated me like a queen! I love the rooms has TV. The beds in the room are very comfortable. The staff is very respectful. I'm very shock they had ice cream machine here at Detox. I love how everyone check upon every day to see how we doing. They give out free cigarettes. Housekeeping are the real MVPs.

Hello Mia,

Best regards!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I (Stephen **) love DSF. Everything here been run smooth. They do massage, EKG, PT, Bio Bed and The Stem. The bed are comfortable and soft. I love how the staff go 50/50 with you. As long as you help them out, they would help you out. The staff are amazing. Most important, they care about your recovery and only your recovery. The doctor and nurses be on the same page, I like how they communicate well and no confusion within the doctor and the nurses.

Detox of South Florida response

Good morning Stephen, thank you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida. We are happy to hear about your positive experience with our staff. We wish you the very best on your new endeavors. And remember that we will be here no for you if you need any guidance or support.

Sincerely,

The Detox Team

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Omg, these Detox of South Florida staff are the bomb. They are very respectful and care about your recovery. The most MVP at this facility is my counselor Tara. She keep it real with you from the jump. She have TOUGH love. I appreciate every staff tech to the kitchen staff. They treated me like I'm was in 5 star hotel. I love how the facility stay clean top to bottom. The housekeepers really need to be showing love because they do small things behind close doors. Your bed will be made ASAP, as soon you leave the room. They put extra towels for you. They very friendly. The food here is good. I haven't heard one complaint about the food at all. I'm really going to miss my Detox family.

Detox of South Florida response

Garin, thank you for sharing your special experience at our facility with others. We are ecstatic to hear about your positive encounter with our staff. We wish you the best with your new endeavors.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

This is my first beginning, I was scared to death. Everyone in this facility were very polite. They have wonderful food! They get you put on the right meds. If you follow the rules, you would be reward free smokes. This is the best experience so far on my new journey. My future is looks bright right now. Looking into the future. S/O to Jorge, Darryl, Percious and Myron.

Detox of South Florida response

Ashley, thanks for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida on here. We are glad to hear about your memorable stay. Our team tries their very best to comfort and brighten each and every patient's spirit. We appreciate your review and appreciation of our services. We wish you the best on your journey.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My name is Bobby, this facility had been nothing but blessing on top of blessing. My angel was Mr Darryl. He was a life saver. He stop what he was doing just to help me out. This facility is so clean. I would really recommend this facility to someone who need help.

Detox of South Florida response

Bobby, We are happy to hear about your memorable stay here at Detox of South Florida. We appreciate your review and appreciation of our services. We wish you the best on your journey.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have been in alcohol recovery from Sept. 2016 to July 13 2018, so, about 22 months. I am very involved in AA from the day I went back to NY. I stayed with the 1st 3 steps for 6 months until I found my Sponsor who had a message and knew the program. I did return to my job I left to come to recovery. I was the alcoholic that drank from wake up to bed but was able to do it well.

In July I had thought a couple of beers was going to be ok after much thought. Very soon after, vodka seemed manageable, however, I began right where I left off. 1.75l every other day plus beer. Work got harder, my feelings of fear, hopelessness and being overwhelmed was consuming. I was sick again! I had to make a choice, consequences were coming. I made a choice. Talked with my network and my higher power brought me to this amazing place of Detox of South Florida. Love, understanding and programs. Proper meds, activities, massage therapy, great food and the best Tech advisors, Doctors I never could have imagined are offering my new beginning! Look forward to anyone the wants your peace of mind and true purpose to please reach out!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

If you need help detoxing and looking for support come to Detox of South Florida. They make you realize you not alone in this process. These counselors really care about you! They will just walk up to you and ask if you need anything or need someone to talk to about your problems without no doubt. The techs here are amazing! I don't see how they deal with us. Not one tech disappoint me. This facility is so clean. Never been to facility this clean. The housekeepers has been doing they job very well.

Detox of South Florida response

Thank you Judith for the kind words. We are very glad to see you share your experience with our staff and facility with others. We will always be here for a lending hand in case you need it. We would like to wish you the best on your future endeavors.

Best regards!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Detox of South Florida has been the most amazing coast for me. The food here is great! I haven't once heard nobody complain about the food. The bed are so cozy and comfortable. I'm very blessed to even come to this facility. The staff here show nothing but RESPECT to me. I give praises to the techs because they go above and beyond for us clients. I recommend this facility to ANYBODY who truly need help or looking for help.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Detox of South Florida was by far the best experience I have had in a detox setting. Everything was 5 star from the food to the incredible staff. They made every day a good day in what usually is a depressing situation but here it was anything but. The staff went out of their way to make me laugh every day and kept me busy from the corn hole on the back deck the Xbox as well as massages every day. I strongly recommend this facility to anyone who is weary of making this step towards a new life. Big Shout to Deforest, Dj and George!!!

Good morning Jon,

We appreciate you sharing your pleasant experience at Detox of South Florida. Our staff always strives to provide comforting and supportive services. Glad to hear you enjoyed some of the activities and services we offered. Thank you for the kind and warm comments. The DSF team would like to wish you the best with your future endeavors.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Detox of South Florida has treated me very respectfully. BHT George was the first person I seen at this facility and he really made me feel at home. He told me he was with me every step of the way and he kept his words. He even came on his off day just to see me and check how Detox of South Florida treating me. BHT DJ took right care after George was off to keep me comfortable on the weekend. DJ is very nice and he give life advice and he keep your straight. Can't forget he's very funny too. This facility is 5 stars and clean. I can't say one bad thing about Detox of South Florida. I promise, I come back here to visit the staff because they treated me like FAMILY. If you need help, don't be scared to call them to get help because they will help you without no doubt.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The staff here is very caring and takes good care of the clients. I've never been to a facility where the tech staff cares so much about us. Kim and George is one of the best techs here, very caring and a good ear when you just need to venting or needing someone to talk to. The massage here were the best and I felt very comfortable.

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our facility. We're honored to be able to help those in need. We're also glad to here about your positive encounter with Kim and George; they sure are an excellent addition to our team. Please feel free to reach out to us if you are needing any sort of advice, motivation, or direction in your life after detox. We are all here to assist you on your journey.

Original review: July 5, 2018

First of all I want to give big s/o to Jorge, Sissy, Chris, Angie, Mark and rest of the staff. This facility you will be treated with respectfully as soon step foot in this facility. The nurses and techs and doctors definitely did they jobs. If you really want help, Detox of South Florida is the place to go! The atmosphere is very welcoming. I was detoxing the right way. They will take care of you. The nurses made me feel at home. They keep you update with the meds. The doctors listen to all my problems and not once she try to rush me out of her office.

Hi Sandy,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at our facility. We are very glad to hear about how our staff treated and took care of you during your visit. We wish you the absolute best on your journey after detox. We hope you can continue to rely on us for future guidance and motivation; we're all here to help and provide.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Coming into detox was scary and I had no idea what to expect, but the staff at Detox of South Florida really made the transition easier. Everyone is extremely friendly and genuinely care about each and every patient. They offer all kinds of services to help you deal with your individual situation. From counseling, to massage therapy, to medication management, to group sessions. Coming to detox was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made, but it also turned out to be the best decision I have ever made.

Hi Toya,

We are so proud of you for making the difficult decision in coming to detox, you should be proud of yourself for taking that extra step to not only better yourself but you're life. We are truly honored to be able to assist in making your difficult decision worthwhile. We would like to wish you the absolute best on your journey and want you to know that we're here for you every step of the way.

Original review: June 14, 2018

First off, I love the staff at Detox of South Florida. Staff made me laugh and made me feel comfortable like I was at home. I love the Bio Bed. The Bio Bed made me relax and feel emotion. The facility is very clean. The staff treated me like I was a queen. I think by that it helped my treatment. I want to S/O to everybody who work at Detox of South Florida. I would recommend it to anybody who needed help because this facility is truly a blessing.

Detox of South Florida response

Hi Nora, we are very glad to hear about your experience at Detox of South Florida, and appreciate you sharing your positive feedback with the Bio-Feedback Bed. We are truly grateful to be able to help those in need. Thank you for your nice and kind compliments; we wish you the best on your journey.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Detox of South Florida has been the best detox I've been to. The admission staff makes you feel comfortable from the start. The behavioral technicians are ALL knowledgeable and will go above and beyond to make the detox process as comfortable as possible. The medical staff is very knowledgeable on withdrawal symptoms, medications, and overall extremely helpful to understand the process. The therapists are all always there when you need them and will go the extra mile to help get each person the help they need. I have personally had Tara as my therapist , twice, and I cannot say more good things about her. She really listened to me, and allowed for me to ask questions, which she would always get an answer about. She is absolutely wonderful. Even the directors and owners are available and treat everyone with respect. Detox of South Florida is the ONLY detox my husband and I would return to.

Detox of South Florida response

Allison, we are very glad to hear about your experience at Detox of South Florida, it's truly an honor to serve our community. We appreciate the kind and thoughtful compliments about our staff, and we're very grateful for suggesting Detox of South Florida as the only detox center you'd go to if needed. We wish you a speedy recovery and the absolute best with your future endeavors.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I enjoyed this facility, they took very good care of me while I was here. They had excellent food and comfortable beds. They also had well run groups and therapists. My favorite techs were Rose, George, and Mark and DJ and Felton.

Hi Thea,

Thank you for the feedback and sharing your experience at our facility. We are happy to hear that we were able to satisfy your needs while you were in our care. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Detox of South Florida expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Detox of South Florida offers drug detox programs, outpatient therapies and addiction counseling with 24/7 care. Located in Okeechobee, the Detox center takes a holistic approach to health and well-being, treating patients for both the physical and mental illnesses associated with addiction.

• Unique, hands-on therapy: Caretakers arrange field trips to natural spaces, such as nature trails and farms, where patients can work with therapy animals.

• IV therapy: Detox of South Florida uses IV amino acid treatment to help with drug detoxification and ease the physical symptoms of withdrawal.

• Relapse prevention counseling: Every addict struggles with the uncertainty that comes with long-term sobriety, and counselors are on staff to help patients plan for their futures.

• Family counseling: Addiction affects family and friends as well as addicts. Counselors schedule family sessions and help reconnect addicts with their familial support system.

• Customized programs: Every patient is unique, and Detox of South Florida arranges custom detoxification and addiction programs for each one.

• Best for: Recovering addicts and people who are still struggling to give up drugs or alcohol.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs