2. Drug and Alcohol Treatment

4.9/5 (383 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Detox of South Florida

Detox of South Florida offers the first step to overcoming addiction. The addiction center carries accreditation from the Joint Commission (Jcaho) and has 5-star accommodations situated in the most pristine area of Florida.

Detox of South Florida Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Detox of South Florida?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Detox of South Florida?

Original review: July 7, 2021

So far this staff has made a painful, embarrassing, and seemingly impossible task as comfortable as I imagine is possible. Tremendous caring. Simple things, food very good, the room was comfortable, just very peaceful. The whole facility is very clean as well. I will recommend this facility to anyone who’s struggling with addiction.

Kenneth,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida, it means a lot to us. We are glad you had a pleasant experience and want you to know that we are here for you no matter what. We are simply a call a way. We would like to wish you the best on your recovery journey and thank you for giving us the opportunity to help you.

Best wishes,

THE DSF TEAM!

Get buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2021

The staff was extremely kind and understanding of my needs and beyond. The food was excellent. I would recommend this detox place the anyone that needs it. The doctors and nurses were there when you needed anything. They whole staff helps you get to the better you that we all need to be. Some days at first we’re anxious and worried about the next step in your life but they are there to guide you in the right direction. The people that were in treatment with me were very encouraging and there to lend a helping hand or just to listen when they needed be. Even the cleaning staff was like family, they were there to lend a helping hand also. I have never been to a detox place but I have had a wonderful experience with new friends that were in treatment and staff also are like family. Thank you to all who made this scary experience a wonderful one.

Hi Christina,

We appreciate you sharing this very nice and kind review about Detox of South Florida. Thank you for trusting us during your recovery journey. Please keep in mind we are only one call away for any assistance. We would all like to wish you the best on your future endeavors.

Take care,

The DSF Team!

Original review: March 8, 2021

Detox Staff.... Thank you for welcoming me with open arms... I’ve been very lost n life... I was blessed with this chance to come here and it took everything in me to walk away from everything and everyone I know... I was on a path of self-destruction that was going to end up in prison or death... I’ve had no guidance, no real friends or family to help me make the right decisions and life to better myself... So I’ve been scared to make this step in my life... But I Did It... And I’m glad to be here... I just want to let Thank Y’all for making me feel Safe, Wanted, and Welcoming me With OPEN ARMs... And not casting NO JUDGEMENT... It means more than I could ever put into words... Thank Y’all SO MUCH...❤️ Always Kyli Desha **...

Hi Kyli,

Hope all is well. Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We truly appreciate the opportunity to accomodate you during your recovery journey. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you every step of the way.

Best wishes,

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I was very comfortable as soon as I arrived. The staff here made me feel welcome, accepted and even normal. I was respected and honestly was given everything I needed to get through this. I’m not going to lie... I have never experienced such humility and decency upon any detox/ treatment like I did here. I feel that the facility most definitely deserves the five stars, and then some. Thanks you guys for encouraging me and listening to me when I needed it the most. I am excited about being in Florida and going further in my treatment.. And believe more than anything the employees that gave me their time, affection and attention through this is why. They were only doing their “job” to them.. However the heart they have is very transparent and I just so appreciate that.

Good afternoon Cassy,

We appreciate you sharing such a kind and thoughtful review. We are glad to hear about your positive experience with us at Detox of South Florida. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to care for you during the recovery process. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you during every step of your recovery journey. Therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at anytime. We are proud of you for choosing to go to treatment and focusing on your sobriety.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Since my time here Feb 13, 2021 I was shown a great kindness from all staff. This was my first time checking myself into detox or for better words, I sought out help for myself. If my experience(s) here would have been negative at any time. I would have most likely left.. I am so extremely THANKFUL for the staff here & for the knowledge they keep in order to help facilitate myself (& or) others in recovery. Whether or not the staff are addicts they served above & beyond in my treatment!! Thank You ALL Very Much!

Good afternoon Dylan,

We appreciate you sharing your first Detox encounter with others. We are glad to hear about your positive experience with us at Detox of South Florida. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to care for you during the recovery process. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you every step of the way during your recovery journey. Therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at anytime.

The DSF Team!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Place was absolutely awesome, couldn’t ask to to come to a more better place. Staff was very cordial, polite, and helpful. I would definitely recommend this facility to those that are in need of a detox. My stay here at Detox of South Florida has prepared me to accomplish so much more and for that reason I am grateful.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

This facility is a nice one and the staff are good people. They do what they can for the clients and they also gel together like a family. For them it is more than just a job. They take pride in what they do.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

DSF is the best facility for substance abuse detox services in the country. Staff are professional, compassionate and well equipped to address anything and everything. 10 out of 10. Will gladly recommend to anyone struggling with addiction. Detox of South Florida have helped me more than I expected.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I had an amazing experience with DJ. He motives the patients with activities such as going for a walk, bingo, corn on the hole and more. In the 4 days I have been here. He has helped me bond with other amazing patients. He cares for us and our progress. Additionally, he is funny. Go DJ!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Great place to come detox, great staff. I don’t know what that guy that said the staff was sketchy was talking about. I got treated like a king. The staff is ** awesome and do nothing but help. I’m from Kansas and they helped me with the whole process. They even booked my plane and had someone at the airport. Really wonderful place and people, they have massage bed that does miracles. I thank God I found this place. I really recommend this place, you won’t regret it. Also the food is fire as hell.

Detox of South Florida author review by Erica Spiegelman

Detox of South Florida offers drug detox programs, outpatient therapies and addiction counseling with 24/7 care. Located in Okeechobee, the Detox center takes a holistic approach to health and well-being, treating patients for both the physical and mental illnesses associated with addiction.

• Unique, hands-on therapy: Caretakers arrange field trips to natural spaces, such as nature trails and farms, where patients can work with therapy animals.

• IV therapy: Detox of South Florida uses IV amino acid treatment to help with drug detoxification and ease the physical symptoms of withdrawal.

• Relapse prevention counseling: Every addict struggles with the uncertainty that comes with long-term sobriety, and counselors are on staff to help patients plan for their futures.

• Family counseling: Addiction affects family and friends as well as addicts. Counselors schedule family sessions and help reconnect addicts with their familial support system.

• Customized programs: Every patient is unique, and Detox of South Florida arranges custom detoxification and addiction programs for each one.

by Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Expert

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Detox of South Florida Company Information