Call toll free
5.00/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Detox of South Florida offers the first step to overcoming addiction. The addiction center carries accreditation from the Joint Commission (Jcaho) and has 5-star accommodations situated in the most pristine area of Florida.

The center is directed by World leader in addiction medicine, Dr. Vikram Taragu, MD. Using cutting edge research and incorporating holistic methods of treatment. Offering inpatient and outpatient recovery programs, groups, and individual therapy, family counseling, life skill classes, and relapse prevention.

The staff at Detox of South Florida is dedicated to providing the finest possible treatments and assistance to guarantee that your journey is a rewarding success. Furthermore, they offer a variety of payment plans so that you can focus on recovery.

No one should have to go on this road alone, let us help you get back on your feet.

View More View More

317 Detox of South Florida Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Detox of South Florida has been open for years and in those years they have been so amazing to me as my personal experience. The staff is more than accommodating to all their clients. They handle everything that's important to make a client happy, comfortable, and safe. Massages to biobed and staff members going out of their way. George has worked there since I became a client. he is always there to welcome new clients trying to make them comfortable and trying to make them laugh. Nancy is also awesome. She gave me multiple chances to truly change and get my life in order. I highly recommend if you have a loved one who needs help. Detox of South Florida saves lives for the better and encourages you to change!!!

Good afternoon Jessica,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are glad to hear about your positive encounters with our staff members. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing Detox of South Florida.

Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, so please don't hesitate to call us at any time if you are in need of support or encouragement.

Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My first shout out is to DJ (Tech) when I first arrived here, he made me feel so comfortable. He was funny and very respectful young man. He definitely took care of me and my needs. The other techs are awesome. The beds are comfortable and very nice setting in the room. I couldn't believe they had massage lady to massage you, PT man to come to the facility to do PT on you. The bio bed is so good and make you so sleepy feel relax.

Good afternoon Kelly,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are glad to hear about your positive encounter/s with DJ (one of our tenured BHT's), along with our other outstanding BHT's. We are very pleased to know that our support services such as massage therapy, and the Biosound Technology Bed aided your detox process.

Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, so please don't hesitate to call.

Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My name is Pierre **, this facility is so awesome! I was very blessed to come here outta all of these other facilities. The techs here at DETOX OF SOUTH FLORIDA are angels. They treated me good starting the first day. The nurses are very professional and very caring and nice. This facility give out massages, PT and more. I was very shock when they told me they had all of these things at DETOX. The housekeepers stay on beat with cleaning your room, wash your clothes and make sure you have towels. I recommend this facility to ANYONE who serious about getting clean! This facility won't let you down not one bit.

Detox of South Florida response

Thank you Pierre for your kind words. We are very glad to see you share your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We will always be here for a lending hand in case you need it. We would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Best regards!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have been in alcohol recovery from Sept. 2016 to July 13 2018, so, about 22 months. I am very involved in AA from the day I went back to NY. I stayed with the 1st 3 steps for 6 months until I found my Sponsor who had a message and knew the program. I did return to my job I left to come to recovery. I was the alcoholic that drank from wake up to bed but was able to do it well.

In July I had thought a couple of beers was going to be ok after much thought. Very soon after, vodka seemed manageable, however, I began right where I left off. 1.75l every other day plus beer. Work got harder, my feelings of fear, hopelessness and being overwhelmed was consuming. I was sick again! I had to make a choice, consequences were coming. I made a choice. Talked with my network and my higher power brought me to this amazing place of Detox of South Florida. Love, understanding and programs. Proper meds, activities, massage therapy, great food and the best Tech advisors, Doctors I never could have imagined are offering my new beginning! Look forward to anyone the wants your peace of mind and true purpose to please reach out!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Detox of South Florida was by far the best experience I have had in a detox setting. Everything was 5 star from the food to the incredible staff. They made every day a good day in what usually is a depressing situation but here it was anything but. The staff went out of their way to make me laugh every day and kept me busy from the corn hole on the back deck the Xbox as well as massages every day. I strongly recommend this facility to anyone who is weary of making this step towards a new life. Big Shout to Deforest, Dj and George!!!

Good morning Jon,

We appreciate you sharing your pleasant experience at Detox of South Florida. Our staff always strives to provide comforting and supportive services. Glad to hear you enjoyed some of the activities and services we offered. Thank you for the kind and warm comments. The DSF team would like to wish you the best with your future endeavors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Detox of South Florida?

Original review: June 16, 2019

Detox of South Florida is by far the very best detox facility I've ever been in and I've been in many, the staff is genuine and caring along with very professional. The meals are five star and the living quarters are amazing. I almost feel as if I'm vacationing into a better life. It's the absolute best!

Original review: June 9, 2019

I think the Detox of South Florida is great, it is conducted professionally. The patients needs definitely come first at this facility. Everything was done in a caring manner. The techs at this facility are professional and give the utmost respect to each individual. I would come back to visit anytime once furthering my sober living. I am glad I got to experience this, I feel like a better person.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Dj has been more than helpful... beyond my expectations with every request. I feel like I'm talking to a true friend. He always has good advice. I thought he was the supervisor. He takes pride work and truly cares about the clients. Facility is A+. Most staff makes me feel welcome and safe. DJ sets the bar.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Had a great experience here, everyone made me feel welcome. Coming here was a very hard decision but glad I did it and very thankful for the experience. There are people who stood out and made it easy to talk to and continue on. I would like to thank and mostly recognize these people for going out of there way for me, when they didn't have to. D.J., Ms. Rose, Angie, Dorothy, Precious, Ms. Windi **, and Patrick. The food was great and the place is very clean. I will recommend this place, it was a great experience. Outstanding job. Thank you so very much. I can't thank these people enough.

Good afternoon Shana,

Thank you for sharing such a kind and positive review about our staff and the recovery care we offer at Detox of South Florida. We are grateful for the opportunity to provide to those in their recovery journey. The DSF Team would like to wish you the absolute best on your future endeavors, and please note that we are here for you no matter what. Therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at any time.

The Detox of South Florida Team!

Original review: June 1, 2019

They where very helpful & attentive to all needs. I would recommend to anyone looking for a good place to detox! They have great staff. It's very clean. Food is delicious. Groups help to learn many different things about recovery. They do arts and crafts everyday massage or pt. They keep you relaxed and keep you going at the same time. I would recommend to anyone in need of detox.

Good afternoon Christin,

Thank you for sharing such a kind and positive review about our staff and the recovery care services we offer at Detox of South Florida. We are grateful for the opportunity to help those in need. The DSF Team would like to wish you the absolute best on your future endeavors, and please note that we are here for support if ever needed. Therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at any time.

The Detox of South Florida Team!

Original review: May 23, 2019

First time at this facility and it was a great detox. Been to two others and this is by far the best one I've been to. All of the staff were very respectful and polite. Anything you needed they got for you and met your demands. Their grounds are actually legit unlike some spots.

Good afternoon Joey,

Thank you for sharing such a kind and positive review about your first experience at Detox of South Florida. We are grateful for the opportunity to help those in need. The DSF Team would like to wish you the absolute best on your recovery journey, and please note that we are here for support if ever needed. Therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at any time.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I like how nice people here are. The food is good and they make sure you're ok all the time, this place is really clean and I would recommend that anybody who wants to get clean come to this place asap. Don't nobody judge you on whatever you're here for.

Good afternoon Khiry,

We appreciate you sharing this nice and kind review with others. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at Detox of South Florida, and want to wish you the absolute best on your future endeavors. Please note that we are here for support if ever needed, therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at any time.

The Detox of South Florida Team

Original review: May 17, 2019

Staff is very friendly and caring. Food is top of the line five star restaurant. The air conditioning is nice and cold where you are. Never hot or uncomfortable. I would recommend South Florida Detox to anyone that is ready to make a change in their life and definitely is a stepping stone in the right direction towards a better life.

Good afternoon Alberto,

Thank you for sharing such a kind and positive review about our staff and the excellent meals offered at Detox of South Florida. We are grateful for the opportunity. The DSF Team would like to wish you the absolute best on your recovery journey, and please note that we are here for support if ever needed. Therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at any time.

Original review: May 10, 2019

All BHT staff exceed expectations without instruction from supervisors or administrators. Nursing staff is kind and informative, and able to accommodate all clients in a timely manner. Property cleanliness is perfect, and dietary performance and menu is wonderful. I would refer a friend or family member to Detox of South Florida with no reluctance.

Good afternoon Justin,

Thank you for sharing such a kind and positive review about our staff and the recovery care we offer at Detox of South Florida. We are grateful for the opportunity to help those in need. The DSF Team would like to wish you the absolute best on your future endeavors, and please note that we are here for support if ever needed. Therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at any time.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Was very impressed with the establishment. Very clean and organized, The staff was Very friendly and understanding. The doctors where thorough and presice. Was anxious to come out here but Ms Tara, Ms rose and Richard as well as the others were extremely helpful and comforting to me. Definitely enjoyed my time here and will recommend others.

Good afternoon Colton,

We appreciate you sharing such a kind and positive review about our facility. We are pleased to hear about your encounter at Detox of South Florida, and want to wish you the absolute best on your recovery journey. Please note that we are here for you if ever needed, therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at any time.

Original review: May 3, 2019

The place is very good. Everybody is very nice especially the tech group since my beginning from Rick the first one to talk to me and take me in. He made me feel super nice and good coming here and Dj that make me feel super welcome and I appreciate everything he did for me to everybody else too. All are very nice and careful people and all the personnel too. Nothing but good memories and good recommendation for every body here in Detox of South Florida.

Good morning Alejandro,

Thank you for sharing such a kind and positive review about our staff and the recovery care we offer at Detox of South Florida. We are grateful for the opportunity. The DSF Team would like to wish you the absolute best on your recovery journey, please note that we are here for support if ever needed. Therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at any time.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Overall I feel like the staff and stay here are excellent. I would recommend this facility to anyone Who is really trying to get a better experience outta of recovery. The staff are very hands on and truly care about the patients' well being. I would recommend it to any one who wants help in their recovery.

Good morning Brandon,

Original review: May 3, 2019

I highly recommend Detox of South Florida. All the staff went above and beyond to make sure I felt welcome and my addiction and withdrawal symptoms were addressed. Facility and rooms were very clean and the food was top notch. If you're deciding where to detox, look no further.

Good morning Paul,

The Detox of South Florida Team

Original review: April 26, 2019

The staff at Detox of South Florida are all very friendly and cordial. The services provided are definitely higher than average. If you're looking for a great place, and you want to get sober, I highly recommend this facility. Rick is a great tech to help you with all your needs.

Good morning Zachary,

Thank you for sharing your positive encounter at Detox of South Florida. We are beyond glad to hear about the exceptional care you received during your stay. Please feel free to contact us at anytime for guidance and support during your recovery journey.

The DSF Team!

Original review: April 25, 2019

This facility is great. It's clean, they have great food and the counselors and staff are really helpful and supportive of your situation. I would deffinetly recommend this place to anyone who needs help and is looking for a nice place to stay.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida with others. Your kind words and encouragement are greatly appreciated. The Detox of South Florida team would like to wish you the best on your recovery journey; please do not hesitate keeping us in mind for continual support and guidance.

The DSF Team

Original review: April 17, 2019

Rick is the man. Dj is the man. Great place and great staff all around. They have an Xbox which is fantastic and the groups are great. Therapists are very helpful as well. Very clean facility and the nurses are awesome.

Good morning Matthew,

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with others on here. We are beyond glad to hear about your encounters with our amazing staff. The Detox of South Florida team would like to wish you the best on your recovery journey; please do not hesitate contacting us for any guidance or support.

The DSF Team

Original review: April 12, 2019

I recommend this place to anyone. The staff was great and the nursing staff was humble. The food was great and all staff were friendly and made me feel welcome right as I walked in the door. Everything was extremely clean and always maintained.

Hi Brian,

We appreciate the recommendation to others and for writing this kind and thoughtful review. We try our absolute best to accommodate our patients during their recovery. We appreciate the kind words you shared about our staff, food, and cleanliness; we are grateful to care for each and every one of you. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you through out your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We would like to wish you the best on your future endeavors.

The DSF Team!

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have had the best of a bad situation at this facility. The food is delicious. The rooms are nice and the bathrooms are really nice as well. The staff is great and made me feel comfortable especially Mark, Rick, and David.

Hi Garrick,

We are glad to hear about your positive experience at Detox of South Florida. We try our absolute best to accommodate our patients during their recovery. We appreciate the kind words you shared about the food, rooms, bathrooms, and staff; we are grateful to have each and every one of you. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you through out your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We would like to wish you the best on your future endeavors.

The DSF Team!

Original review: April 4, 2019

Rick and Mark were very nice to be around and very professional. They made my stay very easy and I'm sure other visitors too. This is a nice facility and hopefully I won't have to return. The rest of the staff was great also, but mark and Rick defiantly stood out.

Hi Andrew,

We are glad to hear about your positive encounter with Rick and Mark at our facility. We try our absolute best to accommodate our patients during their recovery. We appreciate the kind words you shared about our facility and are grateful to have each and every one of you. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you through out your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We would like to wish you the best on your future endeavors.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND! Great staff! Great food???! Very caring staff, they will help you with anything they can within their limits to make your stay as comfortable as possible! Did I mention free cigarettes for participation? Because that's a thing???

Hi Malik,

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are here for our patients every step of the recovery process. Please do not hesitate reaching out to us for future support or encouragement during your recovery journey.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Very accommodating facility, great meals, staff is super helpful, definitely would recommend to any needing detox off of substances. Rick took care of everything needed in a very timely manner. Thank you for all your help. I had a great time here recovering and recommend this facility to anyone.

Hi Taylor,

Thank you for sharing such nice and kind words about our staff, and facility. We try our absolute best to accommodate our patients during their recovery. We would like for you to always keep in mind that we will be here for you through out your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at any time. We wish you the best on your future endeavors, happy recovery journey.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Everyone was very helpful, I don't think I would have a real chance of sobriety if I didn't come here. In a way this place saved my life, without even knowing it. Thank you for all the help and advice.

Good afternoon Courtney,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others; we are elated to hear about your positive encounter with our staff. We will always be here for you for advice, support, you name it. Please do not hestitate reaching out to us at anytime any one of our staff members will gladly direct or provide you with assistance through your future endeavors. Again, thank you for choosing Detox of South Florida.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Great staff. The facility is always kept clean and your needs are attended to promptly. The techs did a great job of making me feel comfortable during my stay. They are pretty cool and down to earth. I haven't been to many Detox facilities as nice and friendly as this one. Definitely A place I would recommend to anyone looking for help. Highly recommend.

Hi Thomas,

We appreciate you sharing such kind and positive words about our facility. We are very glad to hear about your encounter at Detox of South Florida. We wouold like to wish you the best on your upcoming endeavors and want you to know that we will always be here for support, therefirew, please do not hestitate contacting us during your recovery. We always strive to be supportive and provide comfort to all our patients.

The DSF Team

Original review: March 21, 2019

I been here at Detox of South Florida for 4 days and I recommend this facility to anyone who needs help. The entire staff is outstanding, enthusiastic and caring. Detox of south Florida has definitely set themselves apart from other detox facilities. I will always be grateful to them, thank you.

Hi Brett,

We are elated to hear about your positive encounter at Detox of South Florida. Please know that we will continue accomodating and supporting you every step of the way on your recovery journey.

The DSF Team!

Original review: March 16, 2019

I absolutely love this place and all the staff here. They're all very caring and actually care about you and your wellbeing. This is my second time here and I have had a great experience both times. I would definitely recommend Detox of South Florida to anyone!!

Hi Hannah,

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida. We would like to let you know that we are here for you no matter what, Therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us for any support or guidance on your future endeavors. Thank you again for the kind words.

Detox of South Florida expert review by Erica Spiegelman

Detox of South Florida offers drug detox programs, outpatient therapies and addiction counseling with 24/7 care. Located in Okeechobee, the Detox center takes a holistic approach to health and well-being, treating patients for both the physical and mental illnesses associated with addiction.

• Unique, hands-on therapy: Caretakers arrange field trips to natural spaces, such as nature trails and farms, where patients can work with therapy animals.

• IV therapy: Detox of South Florida uses IV amino acid treatment to help with drug detoxification and ease the physical symptoms of withdrawal.

• Relapse prevention counseling: Every addict struggles with the uncertainty that comes with long-term sobriety, and counselors are on staff to help patients plan for their futures.

• Family counseling: Addiction affects family and friends as well as addicts. Counselors schedule family sessions and help reconnect addicts with their familial support system.

• Customized programs: Every patient is unique, and Detox of South Florida arranges custom detoxification and addiction programs for each one.

• Best for: Recovering addicts and people who are still struggling to give up drugs or alcohol.

Profile picture of Erica Spiegelman
Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Expert

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Detox of South Florida Company Information