Call toll free
4.99/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Detox of South Florida offers the first step to overcoming addiction. The addiction center carries accreditation from the Joint Commission (Jcaho) and has 5-star accommodations situated in the most pristine area of Florida.

The center is directed by World leader in addiction medicine, Dr. Vikram Taragu, MD. Using cutting edge research and incorporating holistic methods of treatment. Offering inpatient and outpatient recovery programs, groups, and individual therapy, family counseling, life skill classes, and relapse prevention.

The staff at Detox of South Florida is dedicated to providing the finest possible treatments and assistance to guarantee that your journey is a rewarding success. Furthermore, they offer a variety of payment plans so that you can focus on recovery.

No one should have to go on this road alone, let us help you get back on your feet.

View More View More

302 Detox of South Florida Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 17, 2019

Rick is the man. Dj is the man. Great place and great staff all around. They have an Xbox which is fantastic and the groups are great. Therapists are very helpful as well. Very clean facility and the nurses are awesome.

Get expert buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I recommend this place to anyone. The staff was great and the nursing staff was humble. The food was great and all staff were friendly and made me feel welcome right as I walked in the door. Everything was extremely clean and always maintained.

Hi Brian,

We appreciate the recommendation to others and for writing this kind and thoughtful review. We try our absolute best to accommodate our patients during their recovery. We appreciate the kind words you shared about our staff, food, and cleanliness; we are grateful to care for each and every one of you. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you through out your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We would like to wish you the best on your future endeavors.

The DSF Team!

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have had the best of a bad situation at this facility. The food is delicious. The rooms are nice and the bathrooms are really nice as well. The staff is great and made me feel comfortable especially Mark, Rick, and David.

Hi Garrick,

We are glad to hear about your positive experience at Detox of South Florida. We try our absolute best to accommodate our patients during their recovery. We appreciate the kind words you shared about the food, rooms, bathrooms, and staff; we are grateful to have each and every one of you. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you through out your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We would like to wish you the best on your future endeavors.

The DSF Team!

Original review: April 4, 2019

Rick and Mark were very nice to be around and very professional. They made my stay very easy and I'm sure other visitors too. This is a nice facility and hopefully I won't have to return. The rest of the staff was great also, but mark and Rick defiantly stood out.

Hi Andrew,

We are glad to hear about your positive encounter with Rick and Mark at our facility. We try our absolute best to accommodate our patients during their recovery. We appreciate the kind words you shared about our facility and are grateful to have each and every one of you. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you through out your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We would like to wish you the best on your future endeavors.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND! Great staff! Great food???! Very caring staff, they will help you with anything they can within their limits to make your stay as comfortable as possible! Did I mention free cigarettes for participation? Because that's a thing???

Hi Malik,

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are here for our patients every step of the recovery process. Please do not hesitate reaching out to us for future support or encouragement during your recovery journey.

The DSF Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Detox of South Florida?

Original review: March 28, 2019

Very accommodating facility, great meals, staff is super helpful, definitely would recommend to any needing detox off of substances. Rick took care of everything needed in a very timely manner. Thank you for all your help. I had a great time here recovering and recommend this facility to anyone.

Hi Taylor,

Thank you for sharing such nice and kind words about our staff, and facility. We try our absolute best to accommodate our patients during their recovery. We would like for you to always keep in mind that we will be here for you through out your recovery journey, therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us at any time. We wish you the best on your future endeavors, happy recovery journey.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Everyone was very helpful, I don't think I would have a real chance of sobriety if I didn't come here. In a way this place saved my life, without even knowing it. Thank you for all the help and advice.

Good afternoon Courtney,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others; we are elated to hear about your positive encounter with our staff. We will always be here for you for advice, support, you name it. Please do not hestitate reaching out to us at anytime any one of our staff members will gladly direct or provide you with assistance through your future endeavors. Again, thank you for choosing Detox of South Florida.

Best Regards,

Original review: March 24, 2019

Great staff. The facility is always kept clean and your needs are attended to promptly. The techs did a great job of making me feel comfortable during my stay. They are pretty cool and down to earth. I haven't been to many Detox facilities as nice and friendly as this one. Definitely A place I would recommend to anyone looking for help. Highly recommend.

Hi Thomas,

We appreciate you sharing such kind and positive words about our facility. We are very glad to hear about your encounter at Detox of South Florida. We wouold like to wish you the best on your upcoming endeavors and want you to know that we will always be here for support, therefirew, please do not hestitate contacting us during your recovery. We always strive to be supportive and provide comfort to all our patients.

The DSF Team

Original review: March 21, 2019

I been here at Detox of South Florida for 4 days and I recommend this facility to anyone who needs help. The entire staff is outstanding, enthusiastic and caring. Detox of south Florida has definitely set themselves apart from other detox facilities. I will always be grateful to them, thank you.

Hi Brett,

We are elated to hear about your positive encounter at Detox of South Florida. Please know that we will continue accomodating and supporting you every step of the way on your recovery journey.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I absolutely love this place and all the staff here. They're all very caring and actually care about you and your wellbeing. This is my second time here and I have had a great experience both times. I would definitely recommend Detox of South Florida to anyone!!

Hi Hannah,

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida. We would like to let you know that we are here for you no matter what, Therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us for any support or guidance on your future endeavors. Thank you again for the kind words.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Detox of South Florida has the kindest and most passionate staff that I have ever encountered at a detox facility. The hospitality and humor was off the chain. The food was amazing and the facility was amazingly clean and comfortable. Thank you again for all your hospitality, help,therapy and love.

Hi David,

We appreciate you sharing such kind words and providing such positive feed back about our staff at Detox of South Florida. We are thrilled to hear about your overall experience and want to personally thank you for choosing Detox of South Florida for your recovery needs. Please feel free to contact us at anytime for support or guidance through the continual process of your recovery journey.

The DSF Team!

Original review: March 15, 2019

This place has great employees and are very caring. The staff treats you like your home and I built great relationships with all the staff members. The staff here deserves raises for what they do and even though I like it here they have helped me a lot to where I won't come back because I'm bettering myself with their help.

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for sharing such kind words about Detox of South Florida. We appreciate you for choosing our facility to assist you in your recovery journey. Please know that we are here to help you every step of the way. We wish you the best on your future endeavors and look forward to your successful recovery.

The DSF Team!

Original review: March 8, 2019

I'd recommend this place for detox, the staff etc. are top of the line professional. Detox of South Florida welcomes you with opening arms and are an extremely hospitable group of people. The techs here are awesome. Very comfortable place to be, I like it a lot.

Hi Lucas,

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with our Staff at Detox of South Florida. We would like to wish you the best on your upcoming recovery journey. Please know that we are here for you no matter what, so please do not hesitate to contact us for any support or guidance on your future endeavors.

Original review: March 1, 2019

My stay here was quite comfortable with kind, caring staff. The food is great, and there are lots of choices of snacks and such, also you can't beat complimentary cigarettes. other than that my stay here was great!

Good afternoon Jace,

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida. We are glad to hear that the DSF team was able to provide support for you during the uncomfortable detoxification process. Please keep in mind we will always be here for support and encouragement. Therefore, please do not hesitate reaching out to us. We would like to wish you the best on your future endeavors.

Original review: March 1, 2019

The staff was very welcoming and helpful and the facility was very nice. The nurses and doctors were helpful as well and there when you needed them. It was a relaxed environment to help me get ready to recovery. Thank you very much for the help.

Good afternoon Pete,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida. We are glad to hear that the DSF team was able to provide support for you during the uncomfortable detoxification process. Please keep in mind we will always be here for support and encouragement. Therefore, please do not hesitate reaching out to us. We would like to wish you the best on your upcoming journey through recovery.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I have had a very good experience here and the staff are very nice. I have felt very at home and it's been very easy to transition from using to getting me ready to go into rehab. I'm very grateful for what Detox of South Florida has done for me.

Good afternoon Joshua,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida. Please keep in mind we will always be here for support and encouragement. Therefore, please do not hesitate reaching out to us. We would like to wish you the best on your upcoming journey through the rehabilitation process. And thank you for choosing Detox of South Florida.

DSF Team

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who needs help. The staff have been more than cooperative and make you feel comfortable. It's almost like you never left home. The food is great and it's a very clean facility.

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Detox of South Florida. Please keep in mind we will always be here for support and encouragement, therefore, do not hesitate reaching out to us. We would like to wish you the best on your upcoming journey.

DSF Team

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

This place saved my life. The staff is on point med and buts, can't say a bad thing about it. If I had someone in need of help I'd recommend this place. This is a place that really cares about people and I've been to a lot of places and this place is on point.

Hi Johnathan,

We appreciate you sharing such kind words about our facility on here. We are elated to hear about your positive encounter at Detox of South Florida. Please keep in mind we will always be here for support and encouragement so please do not hesitate contacting us. We would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

DSF Team

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Detox of South Florida took great care of me. All the staff members are very kind and compassionate. I would highly recommend Detox of South Florida as an escape and a place to get well. I give my highest recommendations to this facility and all the members that work here. Truly a 5 star establishment.

Good afternoon Joe,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. Thank you for sharing such kind words about our staff and facility.

Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, so please don't hesitate to call us at any time.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Detox of South Florida met every one of my needs and makes me feel welcomed and as if I were the only one here. I encourage everyone to come here. I was nervous about coming here like I am before I go anywhere else but I don't regret coming to detox of south Florida. They treated me like family.

Good afternoon Edwards,

We appreciate you sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are elated to hear about your positive encounter with our staff. It is our job to make sure each and every patient is treated with respect and are as comfortable as they can be during the detox process. We wish you the best on your recovery journey. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if any support or encouragement is needed.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Detox of South Florida has been open for years and in those years they have been so amazing to me as my personal experience. The staff is more than accommodating to all their clients. They handle everything that's important to make a client happy, comfortable, and safe. Massages to biobed and staff members going out of their way. George has worked there since I became a client. he is always there to welcome new clients trying to make them comfortable and trying to make them laugh. Nancy is also awesome. She gave me multiple chances to truly change and get my life in order. I highly recommend if you have a loved one who needs help. Detox of South Florida saves lives for the better and encourages you to change!!!

Good afternoon Jessica,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are glad to hear about your positive encounters with our staff members. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing Detox of South Florida.

Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, so please don't hesitate to call us at any time if you are in need of support or encouragement.

Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Detox of South Florida is a safe and stable place to begin your recovery. The staff is very engaged and supportive. Also they are knowledgeable in the disease of addiction, and you would be wise to place yourself in their care. The kitchen staff are funny and they good at what they do!

Good afternoon Logan,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are glad to hear about your positive encounters with our staff members. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed the food and the kitchen staffs company.

Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

S/o to Armand, DJ, George and Angie! Those my people right there!! They help me out a lot and they care about your recovery. I love how Mark give out bibles to all the clients and including staff. The nurses are very good, they give out your medication on time. Nurse Liz ALWAYS ask if you ate or even slept good? I love how she care about small things. Bio bed is good btw

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are happy to hear about your encounter with our staff and the additional services offered, such as Biosound Bed Technologies. We wish you the best with your recovery journey and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time for additional support or encouragement.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My first shout out is to DJ (Tech) when I first arrived here, he made me feel so comfortable. He was funny and very respectful young man. He definitely took care of me and my needs. The other techs are awesome. The beds are comfortable and very nice setting in the room. I couldn't believe they had massage lady to massage you, PT man to come to the facility to do PT on you. The bio bed is so good and make you so sleepy feel relax.

Good afternoon Kelly,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are glad to hear about your positive encounter/s with DJ (one of our tenured BHT's), along with our other outstanding BHT's. We are very pleased to know that our support services such as massage therapy, and the Biosound Technology Bed aided your detox process.

Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, so please don't hesitate to call.

Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

This facility is wonderful. Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are clean. There is a tv in every bedroom. Food is actually really good. Most everything is provided. Large smoking area and porch. Nurses are available 24 hours.

Hi Kyndra,

We appreciate you sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We will always be here for support and encouragement so please do not hesitate to contact us. We would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Best regards!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I really like this staff because they are amazing and they treat me like a person that don't have drug problems. The food is good!!! The room are nice. They keep you very comfortable here at Detox of South Florida. I love how they have groups and it with open arms. They love too, how they talk to you respectively, not thinking they top of the world on you.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your kind words. We are very glad to see you share your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We appreciate the positive feedback.We will always be here for a lending hand in case you need it. We would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Best regards!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Was nervous at first but the staff was very helpful and courteous made for an easy stay. This facility has been the best for me. I love Detox of South Florida! This whole facility is so clean. The kitchen staff are amazing and awesome.

Detox of South Florida response

Thank you Matthew for your kind words. We are very glad to see you share your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We will always be here for a lending hand in case you need it. We would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Best regards!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My name is Pierre **, this facility is so awesome! I was very blessed to come here outta all of these other facilities. The techs here at DETOX OF SOUTH FLORIDA are angels. They treated me good starting the first day. The nurses are very professional and very caring and nice. This facility give out massages, PT and more. I was very shock when they told me they had all of these things at DETOX. The housekeepers stay on beat with cleaning your room, wash your clothes and make sure you have towels. I recommend this facility to ANYONE who serious about getting clean! This facility won't let you down not one bit.

Detox of South Florida response

Thank you Pierre for your kind words. We are very glad to see you share your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We will always be here for a lending hand in case you need it. We would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

A really good place, the detox is comfortable. As well as they treat clients per their own needs. Would always recommend to people who desire to recover from drugs or alcohol. The techs they have working there are all respectful. My personal view is that George helps in a way I've never seen done in other treatment centers.

Hi Zachary,
We appreciate you sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are very fortunate to have the team we have at DSF we find teamwork to be key. We are very happy to hear about your positive experience and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

The food really good, the techs help you out a lot and very friendly. The facility itself very nice and clean. I want to give BIG S/O to the housekeepers. They fix your bed up and clean your room spotless. The massage therapist is TOP notch! The doctor hear you out and I like that. She take her time to hear you out.

Hi William,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience with our staff and facility with others. We will always be here for support and encouragement. We would like to wish you the best on your future journey,

Detox of South Florida expert review by Erica Spiegelman

Detox of South Florida offers drug detox programs, outpatient therapies and addiction counseling with 24/7 care. Located in Okeechobee, the Detox center takes a holistic approach to health and well-being, treating patients for both the physical and mental illnesses associated with addiction.

• Unique, hands-on therapy: Caretakers arrange field trips to natural spaces, such as nature trails and farms, where patients can work with therapy animals.

• IV therapy: Detox of South Florida uses IV amino acid treatment to help with drug detoxification and ease the physical symptoms of withdrawal.

• Relapse prevention counseling: Every addict struggles with the uncertainty that comes with long-term sobriety, and counselors are on staff to help patients plan for their futures.

• Family counseling: Addiction affects family and friends as well as addicts. Counselors schedule family sessions and help reconnect addicts with their familial support system.

• Customized programs: Every patient is unique, and Detox of South Florida arranges custom detoxification and addiction programs for each one.

• Best for: Recovering addicts and people who are still struggling to give up drugs or alcohol.

Profile picture of Erica Spiegelman
Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Expert

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Detox of South Florida Company Information