Get a Free Quote Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 5.00/5
Visit Website

Detox of South Florida offers the first step to overcoming addiction. The addiction center carries accreditation from the Joint Commission (Jcaho) and has 5-star accommodations situated in the most pristine area of Florida.

The center is directed by World leader in addiction medicine, Dr. Vikram Taragu, MD. Using cutting edge research and incorporating holistic methods of treatment. Offering inpatient and outpatient recovery programs, groups, and individual therapy, family counseling, life skill classes, and relapse prevention.

The staff at Detox of South Florida is dedicated to providing the finest possible treatments and assistance to guarantee that your journey is a rewarding success. Furthermore, they offer a variety of payment plans so that you can focus on recovery.

No one should have to go on this road alone, let us help you get back on your feet.

View More View More

Detox of South Florida Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I had a pleasant experience while going thru detox here. DJ did an exceptional job with calming me down during my intake and was compassionate to my needs. All of the techs did a great job with any assistance I needed. My counselor was kind and helped me info that I wanted to know about my disease. The cooks, cleaning crew were very polite. The Dr listened to my needs and gave me other suggestions to help with my depression. The Tans guy was polite and helpful along with the bio bed staff. The nurses were also exceptional. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. Great place for detox.

Hi Mark,

We appreciate you sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are happy and honored to hear about your positive and kind encounter with our staff. Every department tries their best in ensuring every patient is comfortable and accomodated during their recovery process. Please keep in mind that we will be here for you every step of the way, therefore, do not hesitate to contact us at any time. Mark, The DSF Team would like to wish you the best on your recovery journey!

The DSF Team!

Get expert buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Detox of South Florida met every one of my needs and makes me feel welcomed and as if I were the only one here. I encourage everyone to come here. I was nervous about coming here like I am before I go anywhere else but I don't regret coming to detox of south Florida. They treated me like family.

Good afternoon Edwards,

We appreciate you sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are elated to hear about your positive encounter with our staff. It is our job to make sure each and every patient is treated with respect and are as comfortable as they can be during the detox process. We wish you the best on your recovery journey. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if any support or encouragement is needed.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Detox of South Florida has been open for years and in those years they have been so amazing to me as my personal experience. The staff is more than accommodating to all their clients. They handle everything that's important to make a client happy, comfortable, and safe. Massages to biobed and staff members going out of their way. George has worked there since I became a client. he is always there to welcome new clients trying to make them comfortable and trying to make them laugh. Nancy is also awesome. She gave me multiple chances to truly change and get my life in order. I highly recommend if you have a loved one who needs help. Detox of South Florida saves lives for the better and encourages you to change!!!

Good afternoon Jessica,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are glad to hear about your positive encounters with our staff members. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing Detox of South Florida.

Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, so please don't hesitate to call us at any time if you are in need of support or encouragement.

Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Detox of South Florida is a safe and stable place to begin your recovery. The staff is very engaged and supportive. Also they are knowledgeable in the disease of addiction, and you would be wise to place yourself in their care. The kitchen staff are funny and they good at what they do!

Good afternoon Logan,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are glad to hear about your positive encounters with our staff members. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed the food and the kitchen staffs company.

Please keep in mind we'll be here every step of the way to assist you with your recovery journey, so please don't hesitate to call us at any time.

Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

S/o to Armand, DJ, George and Angie! Those my people right there!! They help me out a lot and they care about your recovery. I love how Mark give out bibles to all the clients and including staff. The nurses are very good, they give out your medication on time. Nurse Liz ALWAYS ask if you ate or even slept good? I love how she care about small things. Bio bed is good btw

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Detox of South Florida with others. We are happy to hear about your encounter with our staff and the additional services offered, such as Biosound Bed Technologies. We wish you the best with your recovery journey and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time for additional support or encouragement.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Detox of South Florida?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

The Detox of South Florida team is the best team ever. Big shout out to BHT Mark, DJ, and Armand for making my stay worthwhile. This place cares about the wellbeing of the clients and accommodates our every need. Thank you Detox of South Florida.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

All the staff here was amazing. I was glad to have came to Detox of South Florida. I would recommend it to family and friends. I appreciate all of the help and services I received in my stay here. They care about your personal specific needs and try to tend to them. I would rate it 10 out of a scale of 1-10.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My experience here was superb. The staff here is very supportive and accommodating. I was reluctant on getting treatment but Sandra made the process easy and smooth. I recommend anyone struggling with addiction to consider this place. Your life depends on it.

Hi Donnell,

We are glad to hear about your amazing experience at Detox of South Florida. Thank you for the allowing us to assist you along your recovery process. Please keep in mind that we are only one call away. We would all like to wish you the best on your recovery journey. We are greateful you chose Detox of South Florida for your recovery.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My experience here has been amazing. The staff is very professional, fun, they put us first on priority. DJ is very fair. His staff is very helpful in all aspects. Thanks for everything excellent staff. Food is excellent, very clean facility, staff works well with the clients.

Hi Jason,

The DSF Team!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

It is an excellent facility for detox. Faculty and staff are top notch couldn’t have asked for a better place for my situation. Wanna thank everyone. Highly recommended for treatment. Food excellent. Treat you like your family. Would highly recommend this facility to anyone in need of getting help.

Hi Robert,

We appreciate you for sharing such nice and kind words about Detox of South Florida. Thank you for the allowing us to assist you along your recovery process. Please keep in mind that we are only one call away. We would all like to wish you the best on your recovery journey. We are greateful you chose Detox of South Florida for your recovery.

Detox of South Florida expert review by Erica Spiegelman

Detox of South Florida offers drug detox programs, outpatient therapies and addiction counseling with 24/7 care. Located in Okeechobee, the Detox center takes a holistic approach to health and well-being, treating patients for both the physical and mental illnesses associated with addiction.

• Unique, hands-on therapy: Caretakers arrange field trips to natural spaces, such as nature trails and farms, where patients can work with therapy animals.

• IV therapy: Detox of South Florida uses IV amino acid treatment to help with drug detoxification and ease the physical symptoms of withdrawal.

• Relapse prevention counseling: Every addict struggles with the uncertainty that comes with long-term sobriety, and counselors are on staff to help patients plan for their futures.

• Family counseling: Addiction affects family and friends as well as addicts. Counselors schedule family sessions and help reconnect addicts with their familial support system.

• Customized programs: Every patient is unique, and Detox of South Florida arranges custom detoxification and addiction programs for each one.

• Best for: Recovering addicts and people who are still struggling to give up drugs or alcohol.

by Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Expert

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Detox of South Florida Company Information