4.79/5

Looking for drug or alcohol rehabilitation services?

United Recovery Project

United Recovery Project believes everyone deserves another chance. Our primary focus is to assist individuals who often use chemicals as a means to coping. We work to help them manage their emotions and overcome daily hurdles that can easily set a person back.

Our program typically last 30 days however participants can remain in the program should we find additional treatment is needed. Once the client exhibits he/she is ready, our Clinical Care team works to create a thorough aftercare plan to ensure the client has the tools he/she needs to maintain a healthy and happy sober life.

View More View More

Looking for drug or alcohol rehabilitation services?

76 United Recovery Project Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I just want to share my experience with anyone who has ever been through a rehab program or has even thought about going to one to consider using United Recovery Project located in Hollywood, Florida. I have been in rehab before and the program here completely blew me away. Not only did it give me more than I could possibly imagine, including the tools necessary to guide me into dealing with my addiction and staying sober in the future. The entire staff from my therapist Chris to my case worker Billy, the office staff, and all the techs that took care of us 24 hours a day. I honestly feel that I have acquired enough tools to help me identify my addiction to alcohol to give me a great head start back into my everyday life.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Incredible living conditions along with fantastic support from counselors to techs. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone that is in need of immediate help. Thanks to Bryan for the opportunity that he gives everyone. He understands what it is like to be controlled by all the exterior substances that are out and available today as he has lived that life and found recovery.

Get expert buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Some of my favorite things about my experience at URP were the amazing staff, the clinical team, the comfortable living quarters, and the individual and group therapy. I like that the owner Bryan is so involved, it feels like a family. I love that they help you every step of the way from detox through residential, php and iop. All around, it was a great experience. When I first came in, I wasn't sure I wanted to stay clean - but now I am excited about my journey in recovery.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

From start to finish, this Recovery program has been 100%. When calling to seek help, I was connected to an Admissions Coordinator who truly cared. She asked the right questions and was sure to check in with me all the way until I got off the plane and into the first phase of the program. While in Detox, I was treated with care and compassion by the techs, the facilitators, the therapists and the other clients. I was in a VERY CLEAN facility with amenities above what I expected, including my own TV and Xbox. The fridges were stocked with delicious snacks and drinks. The groups were high quality and were set up to create a safe and open environment.

When going to the next phase of the program, PHP, I was pleasantly surprised with how the nice the Villa (a mansion of some sore) was. The staff were just the same as in Detox, with caring and compassionate attitudes. Groups were great and the therapists were definitely invested. I felt extremely safe to share all through this process. I am so pleased with the program, that I continued into the next phase of the program, IOP, and would HIGHLY recommend this program to ANYONE who is ready to be open, honest and willing toward a journey in QUALITY recovery.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

From start to finish I have nothing but positive things to say about this facility. On the initial phone call the staff walked me through the process and within the hour I was headed to the airport to head to the facility. Upon arrival I was greeted with open arms to what I would call a "dream program." Having been in other treatment facilities I was able to appreciate the difference in care in URP. Every group and speaker was helpful in their own way. I would recommend this facility to anyone in need of treatment. Thank you to Ali, Kristen, Sarah, Joanne, Ray, Billy, and Darius for all their help!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Recovery Project?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Although I did a ton of research before I decided to go, this was not the program I was told I was going to. My poor rating is based heavily on the fact I was brokered into URP which was not appropriate for me at all. I spoke to Jake from the Addict's Diary who got me approved and my deductible scholarshipped into Southern Florida's Luxury United Recovery Project. NOTHING Luxury about it. More like Real World "** Edition"!! The pictures I was sent were not where I ended up. Complete insurance fraud.

I went for PTSD - There was no quiet time at all. There was a beat up wrecked echoing house full of addicts yelling and somebody having a fit every minute. You attend drug classes every day and Narcotics Anonymous classes each night. I ended up having to leave against medical advice because they will keep you there as long as your insurance will pay - 2 months, 3 months, etc. Do your research on patient/body brokering before you go. I had never heard of it!

Original review: May 31, 2019

United Recovery Project. Their web-site isn't accurate. There are 2 lunches per week in the house that are catered at the center that they take you to 6 days a week. The center is not luxurious. Otherwise they give you $70 to spend at Publix (an expensive store) per week for the rest of your 19 meals. You have the option to add $30 of your own money to purchase additional food or toiletries. For the women's house you will find. You are provide old refrigerators in the garage that for the majority of the time when I was there didn't work.

Next on the web site it states 6 women will live in the mansion. When I was there, there was 19 women. It states Equine therapy. I asked for it and it doesn't exist. Other things not listed on the web site. The house is not in the same condition as pictured. There are black marks all on the walls. The bedroom carpeting is full of stains. Fixtures have been removed and there is spakling unpainted on the walls. Some of the kitchen equipment doesn't work.

Next they give you two 10 minute calls per week to your family. When you are speaking to your family a staff member is right there texting everything you say to be used as they see fit. Forget about a private conversation. Next they state on the insurance bill partial hospitalization. What that means is at the house there is no medical staff. At the center they drive you to there is a nurse taking care of 80 patients between 9:30 - 3:00. Never did I see a doctor in three weeks.

I told them for two days I was having symptoms of a seizure and on the very next day they refused to give me my seizure medication. This resulted in me having a seizure at an AA meeting two days later. They are trying to deny it was a seizure. Although I have two witnesses willing to testify that it was a seizure. They wouldn't take me to the hospital after the seizure occurred. They took me with the 19 women back to the house where there is no medical care. I believe on the web-site it states 7 x 24 medical care. Because I have numerous serious health conditions I needed round the clock medical care.

Also, it doesn't state any where on their web-site that they will take your cell phone, credit cards, driver's license, i-watch, check book and your other personal belongings and if you decide to leave the program early you will not be able to access any of the above for 72 hours. What this means is that they are holding you hostage at their facility. So if you leave you will be out on the street for 72 hours until you receive all or part of your belongings. Once you leave their facility Against Medical Advice (Like there is no one medical to give advice) your belongings are up for grab.

I left the facility for two hours because I couldn't get a hotel room for 72 hours without a credit card & identification card and my food was already been given to anyone who wanted it. They will tell your family that they are out looking for you, but I know first hand that is a lie. I walked away down a main street where I would have been easy to spot (cars were beeping their horns at me) and they didn't make the smallest effort to try and find me.

When you look at their 5 star reviews, this is because they remove any reviews that are not glowing. I know this because I wrote a review and they have removed it. They also don't mention they will place all of your clothes in high heat because of bed bugs. Why would a Luxury Treatment Facility need to worry about bed bugs. In my home state that isn't necessary at sub-par treatment facility.

Oh the other thing they don't mention is that while they are taking your insurance money they are giving other people a free ride (scholarship is what they refer to it). By the way, the other the thing they don't mention on the site - is that they pay for the air-fare to the detox center for a majority of people. I wish I would have known this ahead of time because I paid for my own airfare to their detox center.

The other thing that isn't mentioned is that you are basically in a luxurious jail on house arrest. Never can you go out for a walk. One is always shuttled from one place to another. The are 30 minute van rides from the house to the center and back. When I was there the air-conditioning didn't work in the van and the temperature was 85 degrees outside. We had to ride in that vehicle in the heat with no air-conditioning for 10 days for at least 2 hours per day.

Oh wait I don't think I mentioned one of their staff members saying ** to me. Actually yelling it. And the same staff member told me I had to be off her floor between 12 am - 5 am when at 3:40 am that same morning she allowed my room mate on her floor between 3:40 am - 4:40 am that morning. Sounds like I was being discriminated against.

I also slipped on the bathroom floor and fell flat on my back. I asked for medical care and I was told that because I mentioned it to the aforementioned woman she couldn't help me because she was working by her self. I have sustained an injury due to that fall or maybe the other 2 times I fell in the garage the day before. I am sure this won't get published.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

First time in a treatment center and didn't really have high expectations. This facility however, went above and beyond. Tons of knowledge gained during primary and individual group therapy sessions. Staff went above and beyond for all clients. They really do care! I would recommend this center to anyone struggling with addiction. Thank you again United Recovery Project! Thanks for saving my life.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I was very nervous, even scared, about getting help. Coming to URP was my first time in treatment and I am so glad I made the decision to come here. I loved the process and the staff who understand and can relate. Would definitely recommend URP for anyone caught up in addiction.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

This was a very positive experience with a highly trained staff and very informative groups. I learned new ideas and they helped me develop plans for when I returned home to further my sobriety. My counselor Chris was extremely helpful and spent time with me as needed for my development.

United Recovery Project Company Information