2. Drug and Alcohol Treatment
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.75/5

At Beachway Therapy Center, we provide our clients with a well-rounded and holistic approach to drug and alcohol addiction recovery. Personalized treatment plans are created for each patient including individual and group therapy sessions, as well as optional faith-based treatments, therapy weekends for family members and equine therapy.

Our therapists have a maximum caseload of four to eight patients, affording them the necessary time to focus on each individual need of our clients. Most treatment centers provide one therapy session per week for individuals, while we offer a minimum of two sessions per week. If you need help for yourself, or for a loved one, we are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions or discuss your needs.

Beachway Therapy Center Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachway Therapy Center?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachway Therapy Center?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Everything went very well with Beachway Therapy. I heard about them through word-of-mouth then by looking online and then phone calls. Whenever I called, everybody was very nice and supportive. Everything from the start was wonderful and after I was there about five days was when the lockdown started. Some of the people that had kids or that were older left. Then, they didn't take anybody else in. So, there was a group of us that was there. They maintained it well. We still had our treatment, our groups, we were in our own little bubble and it was great. The classes were top-notch. I enjoyed that somebody was making the food and it was very good. They got a new cook partway through and they went out of their way to get what we wanted.

The experience with Beachway has given me a very solid foundation. I'm so in touch with some of them to this day and then the group of us that was locked in there together for so long, became like a little happy family. So, we are on our own meetings and zoom things together. We’ve all become very close. I still do some therapy with them via Zoom and it’s been good. With things changing midway, it was kinda hard on everybody but Beachway made the best out of what has happened.

Get buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I searched for facilities in Florida and Beachway’s website was very good. I liked the mission statement so it seemed fitting. The first day was good. I was welcomed and everybody was kind. The rooms were nice and the food was very good. A lot of times, it was a little on the unhealthy side but it was okay. There were plenty of options so it was good. I was given medication for the side effects of other medication and I feel like I was put on more meds than I should've been. Instead of putting me on medicines on hearing from me that I've been a little upset over the last few days, I should have been getting a session in terms of my coping skills. But it wasn't a huge deal and otherwise, everything was great with Beachway. The experience taught me how easy it is to not use. Immersing myself in work is also a good alternative. So, everything's going well.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Beachway was very nice. The 2 counselors I've had were excellent. I had one when I came in and initially went to detox. Then I had another one. I have nothing but positive things to say about them. The facility was outstanding. It felt like I was at a resort. The atmosphere was beautiful. There were water fountains, shrubbery and landscaping. I love it. It made me feel welcome.

They were giving me so much medicine for seizures and detox and I felt very unsteady on my feet for a while but I had no problem with detox. There was one counselor that was arrogant and I didn’t like that. That might be part of their programs to be that way but there were several of us that felt very uncomfortable around one of the people. But the experience was excellent. I'm still in contact with several of us that were there together. It was very comforting to me to know that they were mature people there. There were quite a few that were close to my age.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I was really impressed with Beachway Therapy Center. The people were extremely nice and they made me feel very welcome. They were first-rate.

Any time that you needed to talk or you needed to speak with someone or you had some issues with some things, you could go to your therapist or you could go to really anyone and just speak to them about it, and they would relay the message and someone would meet with you that’s needed in that area. They were top-notch.

I gained a lot of tools while I was there to be able to use after I was discharged. I felt like they’ve prepared me through the individual and group counseling classes, the one-on-one therapy. The transformation was overpowering. The whole experience of all it together was life-changing for me. It was very positive. It was really tough in the beginning and all the way through it, but it was worth it at the end.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

At first, I thought that I’ve been scammed by Beachway Therapy Center because they were an hour late at the airport. I was just waiting all by myself with my baggage and no ride. But when I got there, the intake process was quick and they always gave me some treatment. The staffs were okay. This was my second treatment center in six months. I went to a treatment center in Virginia and I was too embarrassed to go back there. There wasn’t a lot of one-on-ones. It was a lot more groups than individual therapy and some of their therapists were rude. Some of them were from up north and they said I took things personally so I went further south where I lived. They were just a bit rough and could be rude at times, and abrupt. I’m in the medical field myself so I know some of the things that were said, I would never say to a patient personally. I basically got told that I’m just a pitiful Virginia girl that doesn’t know how to take that.

Beachway Therapy Center was very different and combining them both was a good thing. I do believe in the AA membership in group now, more than I did the first go around. It did set me up for going to meetings myself and these meetings are very helpful to me. So I like that part of it. They did bring in people from outside to do meetings in the evenings and took us to meetings. I see how important they are. That part was good. They just need to deal a bit more individually with people. They were very focused on the trauma center. They treat trauma there and they said I didn’t qualify. But I did choose there because they supposedly treated dual diagnosis. I have suffered with depression for a long time so I thought that I would be getting more treatment both for depression and for substance abuse, but I didn’t. That center is definitely geared towards trauma. Those people got a lot of individual and projects. And they seemed to get what they needed.

Original review: May 21, 2020

The staff at Beachway Therapy Center were warm and welcoming. They helped me set up aftercare very well. It’s a very nice facility, so it’s comforting to be there during the days that I was there. They have good therapists. They challenge you in different activities to get you thinking for the future. Robin worked hand-in-hand with me in figuring out my aftercare plan and where I wanna go, which has really helped lead to the success I’m having now.

Original review: July 27, 2019

Life-changing, Genuine, Intelligent, Professional, Results driven, Sincere, Caring, Respectful, Upscale and Clean are just some of the words that immediately come to mind after having spent time in this facility for treatment. Every staff member from management to the daily routine tech's displayed nothing short of genuine honesty and concern for my well-being and success.

I could never fully express my gratitude for the therapy and the therapists who provided it. Their combined experience, sincerity, professionalism and intuitiveness have changed my life forever. I consider everyone I encountered there a newly extended family and I intend to stay in touch and visit as often as possible. I Highly Recommend Beachway to anyone who is battling with any type of addiction and I wish you well in your efforts to set any fears and apprehensions you may have aside and find peace on your path to recovery.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I had a friend who knew somebody who went to Beachway and he reached out to my sister and said it was a good place. Then, she called Beachway and helped me get it set up. They took it from there. I was at a detox first which is a medical part of it and it was good. Then, when I got to Beachway, I met with Dan and he helped me out a lot because I was missing some things. He was able to take me to the store and get some basics. Everybody was nice and helped me get settled in and set up.

The accommodations were nice. I had a younger roommate and I haven't had a roommate in a while, so I was a little nervous about that, but we got along pretty good. We had a TV in our room and we played cards. We became pretty good friends. He left a little earlier than I did, but he was a big help when I got there because he had been there and I was new.

There was a lot of activities. At first, it was a little overwhelming because there are groups and therapy sessions. It was so much but after a while, I got settled in. The therapists were pretty smart because they didn't push me until I was really ready. I'm glad that they didn't. I probably would have been pretty frustrated. And the experience during the setup for the post-treatment was pretty good. It was a little bit of a tough transition to come out of there but I got some really good advice. They gave me like a roadmap with certain things that I do and as long as I do those things, I try not to get too overwhelmed. Also, I talk to James. He calls me and they have a computer meeting which I wanna do. And I'm going to continue a program. I would encourage everybody to give it a shot and don't wait too long because I did. I was a little terrified and I didn't need to be.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

My mom was looking for a place with dual diagnosis, and Beachway Therapy Center was the first thing that popped up. I was depressed for a couple of weeks and then something changed when Beachway put me in touch with the guy that my sponsor knew. They put me in touch with the right people, the people that came in there that brought the meeting, and I ended up being sponsored by one of them. Now, I'm one of the guys that goes to Beachway.

The accommodations were really nice. My counselor, Liz, she was really great. She seemed to understand depression well. There was one therapist there named Dana, and her work is really good. They really call you out on your stuff. Everybody at Beachway was really nice, and you could tell that people care. I would encourage others to go to Beachway. The people I met through the center are good at what they do. They know who's telling the truth and who's not because they've gotten so much experience. You get your money's worth.

Original review: June 28, 2018

After a near death crisis in my son's life, I searched the internet for a dual diagnosis treatment center for alcohol abuse and depression. I was looking for centers in another state and Beachway came up. Not realizing that it was in Florida, I called the number, then hung up when I realized it was not in our state. Thanks to Conner for calling me back and encouraging my son to leave his former environment and travel to Florida for treatment. Since entering the program my son has made tremendous progress in recovery from the issues that almost took his life.

He is like a new person. He has an optimistic outlook for the future and is getting better every day. Thanks to all the staff, therapists and doctors who have helped

make the difference. The therapists Liz and Dave have called to keep me informed and have made themselves accessible if needed. Everyone at Beachway has been so pleasant and helpful. I thank God and Beachway Therapy for giving my son a new start with many opportunities ahead for a healthy and productive life. I will always be grateful for Beachway Therapy Center.

Beachway Therapy Center author review by Erica Spiegelman

Beachway Therapy Center offers a holistic approach to drug and alcohol rehabilitation in a luxury setting. They customize programs to meet the unique needs of each individual patient, and they have locations in Florida, Georgia, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

• Optional Christian treatment plan: Patients who prefer may opt for a Christian treatment plan, which includes prayer, meditation and Bible study to include spirituality in the treatment process.

• Individual therapy time: Beachway’s therapists only have a few clients at a time, which gives each patient the maximum amount of time with their therapist possible. Patients receive multiple individual therapy sessions per week.

• Family recovery program: Beachway Therapy Center offers a free family recovery program for family members of their patients. This weekend-long program helps family members recognize the impact addiction has on the family, promotes healthy boundaries between addicts and their family members and helps family members recognize their individual role in the recovery process.

• Aftercare: Recovery doesn’t end as soon as patients leave rehab, which is why Beachway Therapy Center provides two phases of aftercare for their patients that are designed to minimize the risk of relapse. Patients can receive transportation to and from their aftercare therapy sessions.

• Holistic treatment: Beachway Therapy Center offers several holistic treatment options for patients, including art therapy, equine therapy, music therapy, psychodrama therapy and Christian therapy. They also have spa services and nutrition/fitness therapy and education.

by Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Expert

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Beachway Therapy Center Company Information