toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Beachway Therapy Center was fast, welcoming and friendly. Their orientation was nice and, right away, aesthetically pleasing. Their reps were not only accommodating, but they really wanted to understand my needs and how they can better suit me. So the interactions were very personal. It felt very much not a cookie-cutter type of environment and they really cared about it being a comprehensive experience. It was fantastic.

I heard about Beachway Therapy Center from the detox I went to. The people there were very friendly, helpful, accommodating, and supportive. It was a very nice facility. The apartment was mansion-like, after all it's in South Florida. I had a good experience there. I definitely feel more confident now and that I have a strong support system.

My son and my aunt independently went online to help my wife find me a therapy place, and both of them came across Beachway Therapy Center based on the reviews that they had read. But then all of that extra services the place provided was what really had my son and aunt separately call my wife to tell her that they found it. And it's an hour and a half drive from my home so it wasn't just somewhere that they knew about because they drive by there everyday, which to me was also important.

When I arrived at Beachway Therapy Center, I had a pleasant and friendly experience. There's not a lot of people running around and not a lot of things going on. The facility was clean. It looked like a family room. They had some couches and it was very inviting. The staff members were very receptive to my concerns. They allowed me the opportunity to answer questions at length. They asked me if I had any special needs. I sleep with a CPAP machine and they immediately made sure I had proper hookups. They were really accommodating in asking me what my needs were.

They had a lot of Bible-based programs during my stay and I also had follow-up meetings and sessions with the therapist during my stay there. Subsequent to my getting back into my regular routine, they've continuously called me to check up on me. I absolutely have a strong support system through them. They had a lot of relaxation-type therapies like the Biochar with relaxing music and soothing, subliminal messages. They also offered massages, physical therapy for tension, acupuncture and Equine therapy. There were very busy and long days but they offered a complement of other things to do to work on the spirit, the body and other ways to get well. That was a big positive. I agreed to do this because I would love to have people ready my comments and them say that it's also what they'd want. I'm glad I went there. I feel I left with the necessary tools I need to be successful in my recovery.

I felt welcomed when I arrived at Beachway Therapy Center. I was greeted really well with open arms. I felt comfortable being there and I was able to get really close to the staff and get to know them really well. The facility was good. It was all up-to-date. They have given me the stepping stone, the push-start I needed in my recovery. They set me up for success, and they showed me the right path and what to do. It was a life-changing experience.

Beachway Therapy Center

Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. We really appreciate your comments, especially on the need to improve the medical side (getting easier and quicker access to medical care). We've already made some huge improvements to ensure that all of our clients receive the highest level of medical care as soon as possible. Thanks again Matt and keep up the good work!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

Daniel from Beachway Therapy Center brought me to his office and started going over the program with me as I was planning of doing what they call "intake". There were few things that didn't quite jive with what their marketing material online had said and what I gauged from my initial conversation when I decided to go there. But we got through all of that and everything worked out. They were understanding but they definitely seemed understaffed and that probably stressed a lot of them out. People going into a situation like that tend to be fairly emotional. We were obviously a needy bunch but a lot of times it would seem like we were hassling them if we're asking for something that we needed done.

Nonetheless, it definitely gave me some time that I needed to get cleaned and pointed me in the right direction as far as how to continue to live like that. There were definitely some great therapists there, and great technicians. Their PA was really awesome. He really helped me out. The medical side really need some work though. It was very difficult to get in and a lot of people who get in this situation need high levels of medical care. It was definitely difficult to be seen by a doctor and to feel that needs were adequately being met. Overall, it was eye opening. It definitely benefited me without a doubt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachway Therapy Center?

Beachway Therapy Center is a drug rehabilitation center, and I was high and I don't remember what the hell happened when I got there. However, I felt welcomed, comfortable, and safe as the program progressed, and it went fine. This experience had given me the beginnings of a foundation that I used to stay in my post-treatment.

The people at Beachway were really nice but the facility could use a little more interior decorating help and improve the atmosphere within the center because it felt like a funeral home. Also, my sister had told me that it's like holistic but I was a disappointed. I had never been to treatment before and being there for a little over a month was like I'm in a holding tank but it was really beneficial. Running through past events and helping me to acknowledge all the damage, I really don't want to go there again. It helps me realize all the destruction I was doing and I'm really glad that I went.

I had a good experience with Beachway. The only thing I didn’t like is it was a little confusing. They didn’t really tell us what was going to happen. Then we had to keep being shuffled in between people for interviews and the repetition of our life story when we first got there was a little too much. We're already still pretty down and to have to keep repeating and then being anxious at what's happening next, what does the home look like I'm moving into, who are my roommates... I wish they would have done something to help a little bit with that anxiety like not talk to me about it and reassuring me that everything is going to be okay. But as far as the people, everyone was nice.

The couple of highlights that I like was we were able to go to the beach because that was very relaxing and also the fact that if we found a sponsor or some sober people that supported us that we were able to go out into the community to experience life without feeling like we're locked down in a facility all the time. And this wasn’t my first rodeo at a rehab facility and for me that was a very nice thing that they did that showed trust in us. I would definitely recommend Beachway to my friends.

My experience was pretty smooth sailing because I was really angry. Beachway accommodated all my needs and wants. I had an amazing therapist who genuinely cared. The apartments that we lived in were really nice and the scenery was beautiful. The fact that everyone there really cared was amazing to me. The fishing trip that they did once a month was a really cool thing. It gave the clients a chance to break from all the classroom work. I was able to go twice and everyone had a good time.

A lot of the staff members were recovering themselves, so I found myself going to a lot of them for behavioral health checks. I was always able to talk to somebody that was able to help me if it was after hours. The clinical staff themselves are amazing and I still stay in contact with most of them. I am constantly asking myself if my behavior is on point, checking my behaviors out and always thinking about what the counselors said that really stuck with me. I’ve been out for a little over five weeks and I’m doing so good. I can’t thank Beachway enough. It was truly an amazing experience.

Beachway Therapy Center is a good place to go if people want to get sober. I heard about them through my mother. Upon arrival, I found it as a nice place, but I was still very angry at the time so I didn’t really care about anything then. But then I started to participate and dive in, and I loved it. Their staff was really good and they care a lot. They saved my life. I’m not in treatment anymore but I still go there for IOP and alumni.

When I arrived at Beachway, everyone's really friendly and understanding, and they made me feel at home. They have a good program to really set you up and teach you life skills. It’s life-changing.

I had a life-changing and an eye-opening experience in Beachway. It was intimidating at first since I had no one down there in Florida, but everyone took me in with open arms. The techs bent over backwards to help me out or to keep me in place. They’re like family to me now. The staff was a major part of my life. And they still are to this day.

Beachway was great and it saved my life. They enstored morals and values into me. They taught me how to be independent. They really changed me all the way around. Amy who was my therapist was probably one of the biggest problems to me while I was in treatment. I thought she was strict. But she was hard on me because she wanted me to succeed in treatment. I needed that.

I was very welcomed upon my arrival at Beachway Therapy Center and I got along with all the staff members. They were very gracious and patient. Brian was my therapist and Amy was my case manager. I had a lot of one-on-ones and IOPs with her and group settings. They took the time out and really got through to me on a lot of issues. I wasn’t a hundred percent prepared when I got out of treatment. However, my IOP process with them shaped my spiritual life and it has helped me to still remain sober today at almost five months. The experience was enlightening and inspirational to my life to carry it on.

I was shocked upon arrival at the Beachway Therapy Center because they took my phone but they were very welcoming. The orientation went on a couple of days. I was pulled out of some classes to another part of orientation but other than that, it went smooth. Everyone that I met at Beachway including the staff, was very friendly. Other people complain about people but not the therapist. I loved everyone there. The steak was very nice also.

The experience has equipped me good to be successful on my own post treatment. I learned a lot and I'm actually trying to stay focused on that. I have missed out on a lot of NA or AA meetings just because they stopped meeting in my area but I've been clean since I left there. It was a wonderful experience under the circumstances. I will recommend people. I have recommended one guy and I've been speaking with him trying to get him to go there. I've really enjoyed my experience.

I had a good experience upon arrival at Beachway Therapy Center. Their staff were very helpful and friendly. I was happy with all of them. So far, my experience helped me really well. In fact, I’m still sober today.

Upon arrival to Beachway, everything was fine. The presentation was fine and the staff was welcoming. 90% of them were friendly, knowledgeable, caring and understanding. But there were other staff members that were not greetable, they wouldn’t even say "hi". The experience was very knowledgeable, as far as the basic necessary tools for you to start your foundation.

I felt like they liked to play a lot of mind games, schedules are continuously being changed. And I was self-paid so I made sure I asked necessary questions to make sure that I’m getting my money’s worth. And there were things that were changed. For example, the gym. Some people might think that it wasn’t a class, a relapse prevention or parenting. But as far as exercise, I think it is a part for you to regain your mental state in your mind-- pushing yourself physically and mentally. It was supposed to be four days a week and then it was changed to three.

I had a great experience with Beachway. I’m doing awesome down here. Essentially everything was a lot laid back. They let me pull along the place while I cure. It’s hard when you first transition but they let you get comfortable and then they push you to work the program, and everything worked out for me this time. I went through the phase three program. It was great. They give you time to get a job and now I’m in the hat. It’s a lot better than a lot of other places. They push you to get a sponsor and work the steps while you’re in there and get out to outside meetings. Also, all the staff and techs were great and my two therapists were phenomenal.

Beachway Therapy Center was my fourth treatment center and it was by far the best treatment center I've been a part of. It was welcoming and a nice all-around experience. It opened my eyes to Alcoholics Anonymous which keep people clean. But without Beachway, I wouldn't have been where I'm at today. The techs have been through it. So, it was cool to see other people and hear what they went through. The deep-sea fishing was awesome. The Equine therapy with the horses was cool. And all the spa services like the massages and Bio-chair was cool too. The experience was definitely life-saving.

This was my tenth treatment at Beachway Therapy and it was the best one I've been to by far. Everything from the tech to my therapist was great so it was exactly what I needed. And I'm still sober to this point, which is the most sober I've ever been. They basically gave me all the tools I needed to be able to work on my recovery after recovery. It's been months, so I feel pretty well-equipped after going through the program. My therapist Carrie was awesome. I still deal with her and she's been great.

The people at Beachway Center were great. The first few people I met there were really friendly. My interactions with the staff were all pretty good, and when it wasn't, they handled it. Going to Beachway Therapy Center is the best decision I've ever made, and I don’t think I could’ve picked a better place from what I understand. I have no complaints in general.

I was researching on treatment centers to go to in Florida and I picked about four or five, and Beachway seemed like the best choice. They helped me out getting a scholarship and it all came together in a matter of two hours. I first started over at Sunrise Detox and it was nice. They sent Nick over and he talked to me for a little while, started my admissions process, which was kind of grueling. Getting asked the same questions over and over again seemed a little unnecessary, but they have to do what they have to do.

Upon arrival, I was welcomed by the community and all the techs. All in all, it was a pretty good experience aside from the initial awkwardness of being in treatment. Before Phase III program started, they asked me to get a sponsor and build a sober support so I called people outside of Beachway Center to look for sponsors. Then Phase III allowed me to get a job and make some money, save up and be able to get into a halfway house. They really stressed the importance of aftercare and it was really nice.

Beachway saved my life. It was a beautiful, wonderful and amazing experience. I was bottomed out and they brought my life back to me. I went through calling treatment centers and trying to get some help for my cocaine addiction and they reached out. The owner, Miss Pam, and the therapists, little Brian and big Brian, all of them, were loving, caring, great and wonderful people. When I first got there, I wanted to leave but my therapist talked to me. I made a 360-degree turnaround along with the staff and it was the best move. They really care about my recovery. I'm now doing great and wonderful.

Beachway Therapy Center is a nice facility. The techs and therapists are awesome. My therapist, Bryan, is one of the coolest guys I've ever met therapist-wise. He made me feel really comfortable so that I told him everything that I wasn't comfortable saying. This is my third time there but the other times I wasn't ready or willing and open-minded. They informed me about my addiction and gave me all the tools that I need for my post-treatment. It was very helpful.

The therapists at Beachway were very good at their job and they've prepared me for anything that I will be facing in the future. But their techs were totally incompetent. I just came home yesterday and now I’m lying on the couch in pain. They made me leave early because I complained about the cockroaches. And on the day I was leaving, they were starting to do a bombing process.

I was on crutches when I arrived at the Beachway Therapy Center. I was welcomed and everybody was very helpful and accommodating. We had a really tight community when I first got there. It was fun but it got serious when it needed to be serious to get it done. I went through all phases at Beachway and I felt like they really helped me. It was much better than any other treatment center that I've been to. They really care about people.

It was great at Beachway Therapy Center and I liked it a lot. I had a good relationship with my therapist and all the staff there were good. I was eighteen, and a couple of times before, I didn't have direction like what Beachway provided for me. They steered me in the right direction. They're much the reason why I am being well like I am today.

Everybody at Beachway was very comforting and knowledgeable and it was a wonderful experience. They taught me a lot of coping skills. They directed me into a 12-step program which has been working for me. It's honestly the best part of my life right now. They definitely started me out on a good path, gave me good gentle nudges and pushes along the way that I needed.

Everything was really good at Beachway Therapy Center. They were welcoming and made me feel comfortable. I was new and never experienced anything like that so I was blind to how the process worked. Immediately, I could relate to the first person I met. They opened up about where they came from and it was comforting. I was given the opportunity to step back and clear my mind and be in a safe environment with people and professionals around to give us good suggestions and advice to follow. I still take some of that with me and keep in touch with them. As far as I know, their lives changed with the phases that they've done. There were things that definitely helped equip me to being able to cope, and that I use today.

It was an opportunity to get my life back. That was a blessing and it's good to know that there are people out there that are legit and are there to help other people. That was a place that I could trust and get the help I needed. And they would be able to do the same for other people that are working through with the type of substance abuse, alcohol, or post traumatic experience. I have and would recommend people to them.

I've been to Beachway last year and now, on my second time coming here, I already knew what to expect. It's a good place, they gave me a lot of life skills and I learned a lot about myself.

Beachway was imperative in helping me have a life. My experience with them was wonderful - I was greeted by really nice staff and they took me grocery shopping right away. They were very caring, compassionate, and understanding. And, I'm not dead today, I'm alive, and have a few years of sobriety. As someone considering Beachway, it would be very foolish not to go - It is the place to get their life back.

Beachway Therapy Center Company Profile