Malibu, CA

5.0/5 (44 ratings)

About Seasons in Malibu

Seasons in Malibu provides one-on-one, clinical and holistic addiction and mental health treatment. Based in Malibu, California, it offers EMDR, Brainspotting and SMART Recovery options, as well as yoga, acupuncture, massage, art therapy and other treatments. Seasons' programming is intensive, usually focusing on just 8 to 10 clients at a time, with treatment ranging from 14 to 90 days. Aftercare, outpatient and sober companion options are available.

Seasons in Malibu Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seasons in Malibu?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seasons in Malibu?

Original review: June 14, 2022

If you are struggling with any addiction issues, I highly recommend Seasons in Malibu. The staff and team were absolutely amazing and fun to be around. The professional team working with you on a day to day as well are some of the best I have encountered in the space! Stay at the main house, more to do there and the place is gorgeous. JS

Get buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2022

My treatment at Seasons Malibu started out with a 4 day stay at Providence St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica for detox. After 4 days at Providence St. Johns hospital I was transported to Seasons Malibu to begin my 30 day alcohol treatment & rehabilitation. Seasons Malibu is nothing short of a 1st class treatment and rehabilitation facility, The entire Seasons Malibu TEAM was professional and extremely caring during my entire 30 day stay. In my opinion, Seasons Malibu or any other treatment facility will only succeed if the patient wants to be there and the patient participates in all of their private sessions and as well as their group sessions. My doctors and therapists were amazing. They were excellent listeners and with their diagnostic professionalism they got to the root of my personal issues that I have been lugging around (inside of me) for years.

The home itself had a capacity of 6 patients. The property itself had a pool and a hot tub spa. The Malibu beach was only minutes away and the morning and evening walks on the beach were very beautiful and calming. We had amazing chefs and the food was YUMMY. It has been 47 days since I had my last alcohol beverage and for a 69 year old Grandpa I have never felt better. On a scale 1 to 10, I would have to rate my overall experience at Seasons Malibu a 10+. Thanks Seasons Malibu for giving me back my life!!

Original review: March 1, 2022

I went to Seasons in Malibu for 45 days to address my unhealthy patterns of ** and alcohol use, which were manifestations of severe depression and anxiety. I could not have chosen a better place to address these issues. The therapists and professionals I dealt with were absolutely world class. I’ve seen dozens of therapists over the years and I have never come across a set of more caring, focused, and dedicated individuals in my life. They truly give-a-** and opened my mind to different ways of thinking about my mental health as well as practical approaches I can use every day to help with my depression and anxiety.

Part of what makes the experience so great is the way that Seasons has structured the care. You have several therapists, from different fields of therapy using different modalities, all working together to address your specific needs. There are Psychoanalysts, Somatic Therapists, mindfulness practitioners, etc. Even the Case Managers are therapists. All of these people work in unison to help you, support you, and challenge you to look within yourself to make fundamental changes in how you see the world.

The staff members at Seasons are equally as critical and impactful to your recovery. I ended up talking to the Client Advocates, Client Managers, the Maintenance crew, the Administrative Assistant, Nurses, and even the Chefs, more than I did the actual therapists. Many of them have been through the same struggles that you have and are just as willing to help and support you as any psychologist or therapist would. The staff that I interacted with on a daily basis were some of the kindest and most caring people I will ever meet and I am truly grateful to have gotten to know them.

I entered Seasons as a lost and depressed person. I left Seasons as a new person entirely. All I had to do was (1) show up and (2) surrender; I was as vulnerable as I could possibly be. I placed all of my trust into Seasons hands and in return received the kind of care I never knew I needed. My 45 days at Seasons was the best experience of my life and worth every penny.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

The time I spent at Seasons in Malibu profoundly changed my life. The analysis and therapy I received from several different perspectives helped me to build an effective and lasting understanding of myself and the reasons I have been drawn to substances. I really can't conceive of a more effective program. Also, the facility is beautiful, the food is amazing, the location is almost dreamlike and the staff is excellent.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Every single person is warm, so helpful, so genuine, so accommodating, and completely without judgment. And the team of therapists-my goodness. Absolute professionals and so kind, so skilled. They have assembled a dynamite team of caring and talented people. They treat people as individuals with a holistic approach. They focus on much more than the surface level addition or mental health diagnosis you present with. This is so important for lasting recovery. Bonus- the environment is beautiful and the food is fantastic. Highly recommended!

Original review: April 8, 2022

Spent a month at Seasons Beach house in Malibu. This was a Life changing experience. The staff was above and beyond. The therapist are the best of the best.. I absolutely would recommend seasons beach house. Thank you Seasons Malibu

Original review: April 1, 2022

Seasons in Malibu is truly a one-of-a-kind place. I arrived a shell of myself, full of self hatred and despair. Everybody at Seasons greeted me with kindness, respect, and love. Through the highest quality therapy, introductions to different modalities, and compassion, Seasons gave me a new, authentic life. I will forever be grateful for my time at Seasons.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Seasons in Malibu changed my life in the most profound ways possible. I went into the facility with zero hope of the future. I now can strongly say, that my life is amazing and will only continue to get better. This place is life changing.

Original review: March 10, 2022

An extremely thorough group of administrators, clinicians and staff. The ratio of professionals to clients is impressive. Highly intellectual focus in both individual and group sessions, as well as the various programs of physical wellness. The accommodations are wonderful, and the chefs tailored the meals to suit each client's dietary wishes.

Original review: July 2, 2021

My stay at Seasons in Malibu was amazing!! To say that they are the standard is the absolute truth. Everything from the facility and its amenities to all the support staff at all levels. The real pinnacle are the Therapists. They are world class. The growth I achieved there was amazing!! The amount of concern exhibited from everyone was down with heart felt compassion and concern. It was a life changing experience that I will have with me the rest of my life. P.S. The professional Chefs prepare nutritious and gourmet meals. Go for the therapy and stay for the food!!! Eric **.

Seasons in Malibu author review by Erica Spiegelman

Seasons in Malibu is an addiction treatment center in Malibu, California. They have helped people and their families from around the world with all types of addictions. The facility is known for their cutting edge treatments and programs.

• Addictions: Seasons in Malibu treats a wide variety of addictions including alcoholism, opiate addiction, cocaine addiction and prescription drug abuse.

• Approach to recovery: The treatment center takes a multi-dimensional and holistic approach to recovery. Some of their treatment options include having the patient's family involved or participating in activities like yoga on the beach, surfing and hiking.

• Amenities: Seasons in Malibu provides more than 25 unique services including dream therapy, acupuncture, shamanic healing, and equine therapy.

• Qualified therapists: The therapists at Seasons in Malibu are all highly qualified and have master-level degrees or higher. Some of the therapists hold doctorates or medical degrees.

• Aftercare: When a patient leaves Seasons in Malibu, they are not forgotten. The facility has an aftercare program that allows former patients to keep in contact with counselors through their sober companion program.

by Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Advisor

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Seasons in Malibu Company Information