2. Drug and Alcohol Treatment

Malibu, CA

5.0/5 (35 ratings)

About Seasons in Malibu

Seasons in Malibu provides one-on-one, clinical and holistic addiction and mental health treatment. Based in Malibu, California, it offers EMDR, Brainspotting and SMART Recovery options, as well as yoga, acupuncture, massage, art therapy and other treatments. Seasons' programming is intensive, usually focusing on just 8 to 10 clients at a time, with treatment ranging from 14 to 90 days. Aftercare, outpatient and sober companion options are available.

Seasons in Malibu Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seasons in Malibu?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seasons in Malibu?

Original review: July 2, 2021

My stay at Seasons in Malibu was amazing!! To say that they are the standard is the absolute truth. Everything from the facility and its amenities to all the support staff at all levels. The real pinnacle are the Therapists. They are world class. The growth I achieved there was amazing!! The amount of concern exhibited from everyone was down with heart felt compassion and concern. It was a life changing experience that I will have with me the rest of my life. P.S. The professional Chefs prepare nutritious and gourmet meals. Go for the therapy and stay for the food!!! Eric **.

Get buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2021

The genuine care and love and overall nourishment, provided by the staff at Seasons, was next level. If you are open and willing to do the work, you can and will change your life for the better, like nothing you could have imagined. I was in The Beach Cottage house, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I dove in head first, to all that Seasons had to offer, and boy did It pay off. I was getting all of the clinical care I needed, and on top of that, Seasons approach towards great mental health, is also providing spiritual care, and other amazing modalities that feed the holistic side of recovery. Seasons takes pride in keeping the number of clients in each house down, which allows for really strong individual care, as well as much smaller groups.

Set in the beautiful mountains of Malibu, and also, only a short drive to Zuma beach, or Point Dume, when you are at Seasons, you are surrounded by some of the most beautiful nature you will ever come across. The beach walks, or the hike up Big Dume, or anyone of the 100s of trails that exist close by, provides the clients with a huge variety of options to get outside and start moving, and let nature help in the healing process.

Overall, I would highly recommend Seasons to anyone struggling with addiction or mental health. I would also recommend Seasons, to anyone who wants a complete reboot of the mind, body and spirit. The tools that I learned while at seasons, are tools that will help me in all aspects of my life, not just with addiction and mental health, but the tools learned there have allowed me to start to grow and develop into the absolute best version of myself.

Seasons in Malibu response

Thanks, David. We appreciate you!

Original review: April 26, 2021

I had the most amazing experience at Seasons Malibu. When I arrived I was a broken person and with the loving guide of the staff I was able to find my true self and heal on all levels: Spiritually, Physically and Emotionally. They use a 360 approach to therapy which allows you to explore "issues" on every level. Seasons was the best thing I ever did.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I found Seasons to be the perfect solution and environment to treat my alcohol addiction. I spent a combined 90 days in the program, and it was a game-changer. Like any facility, it's not perfect, but the overall experience helped me accomplish my sobriety and restoring my mental balance. They will work with you on a customized program, and you have the time and freedom to have your own space. I loved many of the staff as they became good supporters and were respectful. One of the best aspects was getting to know the other people in the program that helped take the edge off. It was a positive life-changer at the end of the day. It is well worth the investment in your life.

Original review: April 9, 2021

This place is fantastic. The staff is friendly. Therapist very knowledgeable. The variety of therapy is amazing. Location is so great. Beachwalks, gym, heated pool, jacuzzi, and the FOOD! This place is truly world class. I highly recommend going here!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My husband and I were looking for a place for myself and when we went online, Seasons in Malibu was the first place that popped up. We read the reviews and thought that it was gonna be the best place for me. I cannot speak more highly about Seasons in Malibu. The professionalism there was pure comfort. You'd hate to go to rehab, but if you have to, that is the place to go to. Every professional there was amazing. I still communicate with them very frequently. They still care for you afterwards, which makes a huge difference. I contact them if I'm feeling a little whatever, but they also do check-ins every so often to see how I'm doing.

I was really lucky to have the staff that I had there. I love the staff. They were amazing. They are the best people in the world, even the driver that drives the clients around to the beach, to meetings or to go workout. Plus, the chefs were amazing too. They are family. You get really close, really fast. They got to know me. I was just on a four-day mishap after a year of sobriety. And I just decided that I needed to get extra help and that extra help saved my life.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I was looking for a customizable program and I did not want a 12-step program, and based on what I read online, Seasons in Malibu is customizable and it is also a one-on-one approach. I didn’t wanna sit in a classroom with 20 or 30 people like a lot of the 12-step programs. My experience with the admission team was very good. When I had originally reached out to them, John stayed in touch with me. He was there when I arrived there and went through everything with me. He was my primary contact and he did a great job of showing me the ropes, even though it was a Friday afternoon. Going to a facility like that over the weekend is slightly different than during the week, but he did a great job of getting me assimilated there.

The program is slightly different. I was at a separate house, not at the main house, and that house had just been set up or opened up, so there were some process glitches in communications with them and the main house. But overall, any time I identified something to them that was a miss or needed to be fixed, they were very much on top of it. Some of the staff had offices there at the house we were in and they were very open. They would come down and have lunch with us, so it wasn’t an institutional feeling. It was a large house and there were five of us in there as residents. At times, there were more staff members around than there were residents, so in that respect, it was very much a residential facility which was so much nicer than potentially some institutional-type, hospital-feeling place.

I am sober now for 13 months and I could not have done it without Seasons in Malibu. They get 90% of the credit for where I am at today, which is in a much better place than I was before I got there. However, the biggest issue with the industry as a whole is the sheer cost of going to a place like that and that is unfortunate and sad that there are a lot of people that are unable to get the help because they can’t afford to go to places like that. Even insurance doesn’t cover even half of it. Some people call them luxury spas, but it worked for me. If anybody came to me in a situation I was in, I would highly recommend them in a heartbeat.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I simply could not have had a better treatment experience than the one I had at Seasons in Malibu. The staff there are not only more than excellently trained, but they truly CARE about their patients and their needs. They went far above and beyond my in house treatment to make sure I got to visit my doctors, and even more importantly, they made sure I got to attend one to two AA meetings per day. Attending Malibu Presbyterian Church every Sunday was a must for me and they JOYFULLY joined me there. I simply cannot thank them enough for helping me recover and finding Joy in my life again!

Original review: May 25, 2018

I had gone previously to one of their outpatient sister companies, Vantage Point and I needed a higher level of care, so I contacted Vantage Point again and they told me I needed inpatient and gave me the number. Admission with Seasons in Malibu was painless and seamless. I made a couple of phone calls and was in the door for about 30 minutes of administration stuff. They knew what they were doing.

Seasons in Malibu saved my life. Their program is very fine tuned for mental health. They are open to suggestions and they really cater to the client. And they kept in touch with me. Sometimes they’ll catch me on a bad day and they don’t just cuddle me and say, “Oh it’ll be okay.” They actually work with me on taking some action to help. In fact, I just got a call the other day just to say hi. It was such a powerful experience. I had no clue what to expect out of Seasons in Malibu and I just went in with an open mind and they exceeded any expectations I could have had. In fact, I told one friend about it.

Original review: May 18, 2018

The staff of Seasons in Malibu have played a huge role in my recovery as well as the intense one-on-one instead of it all being groups, good mix of groups, the location, being by the water and good weather. I worked directly with Merritt, who was very responsive via text message, email, and phone calls, and my experience with the admissions team was great. I didn’t have one person there that I didn’t feel comfortable with or that they weren't doing their job. It was a great experience.

Initially, my plan was to go there for 30 days and early on, the staff was saying 30 days is really the minimum, but I didn’t see any need to take it any longer than that. But I got to the end of the 30 days and it was brought to my attention by admissions that my insurance was something that they hadn’t really seen before and they were willing to pay for another 30 days. I made the decision at that point that it would be wise to keep on going through the treatment. And then at the end of that, I did a couple of weeks of IOP so I feel like I got everything I needed when I went there. I walked out of there a completely changed person.

My primary therapist, after I left, reached out to me numerous times. I still work with the admissions department with some of the insurance stuff and the individual there, even though we discussed the financials, is still checking in on me and making sure it was good. We still have communication to this day to make sure that I'm staying on the right path and having that accountability has been amazing. As far as the family goes, they provide my sober living and being able to get back out there and enjoy life again without the abuse.

Seasons in Malibu author review by Erica Spiegelman

Seasons in Malibu is an addiction treatment center in Malibu, California. They have helped people and their families from around the world with all types of addictions. The facility is known for their cutting edge treatments and programs.

• Addictions: Seasons in Malibu treats a wide variety of addictions including alcoholism, opiate addiction, cocaine addiction and prescription drug abuse.

• Approach to recovery: The treatment center takes a multi-dimensional and holistic approach to recovery. Some of their treatment options include having the patient's family involved or participating in activities like yoga on the beach, surfing and hiking.

• Amenities: Seasons in Malibu provides more than 25 unique services including dream therapy, acupuncture, shamanic healing, and equine therapy.

• Qualified therapists: The therapists at Seasons in Malibu are all highly qualified and have master-level degrees or higher. Some of the therapists hold doctorates or medical degrees.

• Aftercare: When a patient leaves Seasons in Malibu, they are not forgotten. The facility has an aftercare program that allows former patients to keep in contact with counselors through their sober companion program.

by Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Expert

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Seasons in Malibu Company Information