4.97/5

Malibu, CA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Seasons in Malibu provides clients with more one-on-one, clinical and holistic treatment than any other facility in the world. Located in Malibu, CA, we embrace all modalities of evidence based alcohol and addiction treatment, including “SMART Recovery." Holistic treatment modalities like yoga, acupuncture, massage, cranial sacral therapy, surfing, tennis, hiking, art therapy, hypnotherapy, spiritual therapy and more are woven into our program to help heal the mind, body and soul. We offer our clients a full, medically supervised, detox in a 5-Star environment and we feature cuisine, carefully prepared by Cordon Bleau trained chefs, who are experienced in creating nutritious and sumptuous meals for every diet need. We are exclusive and intensive, usually only treating 8-10 clients at a time. Our Treatment Programs are from 14 to 90 days, with aftercare, outpatient and sober companion options available.

Seasons in Malibu Gallery (4)
View More View More

Seasons in Malibu Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My husband and I were looking for a place for myself and when we went online, Seasons in Malibu was the first place that popped up. We read the reviews and thought that it was gonna be the best place for me. I cannot speak more highly about Seasons in Malibu. The professionalism there was pure comfort. You'd hate to go to rehab, but if you have to, that is the place to go to. Every professional there was amazing. I still communicate with them very frequently. They still care for you afterwards, which makes a huge difference. I contact them if I'm feeling a little whatever, but they also do check-ins every so often to see how I'm doing.

I was really lucky to have the staff that I had there. I love the staff. They were amazing. They are the best people in the world, even the driver that drives the clients around to the beach, to meetings or to go workout. Plus, the chefs were amazing too. They are family. You get really close, really fast. They got to know me. I was just on a four-day mishap after a year of sobriety. And I just decided that I needed to get extra help and that extra help saved my life.

Get expert buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I was looking for a customizable program and I did not want a 12-step program, and based on what I read online, Seasons in Malibu is customizable and it is also a one-on-one approach. I didn’t wanna sit in a classroom with 20 or 30 people like a lot of the 12-step programs. My experience with the admission team was very good. When I had originally reached out to them, John stayed in touch with me. He was there when I arrived there and went through everything with me. He was my primary contact and he did a great job of showing me the ropes, even though it was a Friday afternoon. Going to a facility like that over the weekend is slightly different than during the week, but he did a great job of getting me assimilated there.

The program is slightly different. I was at a separate house, not at the main house, and that house had just been set up or opened up, so there were some process glitches in communications with them and the main house. But overall, any time I identified something to them that was a miss or needed to be fixed, they were very much on top of it. Some of the staff had offices there at the house we were in and they were very open. They would come down and have lunch with us, so it wasn’t an institutional feeling. It was a large house and there were five of us in there as residents. At times, there were more staff members around than there were residents, so in that respect, it was very much a residential facility which was so much nicer than potentially some institutional-type, hospital-feeling place.

I am sober now for 13 months and I could not have done it without Seasons in Malibu. They get 90% of the credit for where I am at today, which is in a much better place than I was before I got there. However, the biggest issue with the industry as a whole is the sheer cost of going to a place like that and that is unfortunate and sad that there are a lot of people that are unable to get the help because they can’t afford to go to places like that. Even insurance doesn’t cover even half of it. Some people call them luxury spas, but it worked for me. If anybody came to me in a situation I was in, I would highly recommend them in a heartbeat.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I simply could not have had a better treatment experience than the one I had at Seasons in Malibu. The staff there are not only more than excellently trained, but they truly CARE about their patients and their needs. They went far above and beyond my in house treatment to make sure I got to visit my doctors, and even more importantly, they made sure I got to attend one to two AA meetings per day. Attending Malibu Presbyterian Church every Sunday was a must for me and they JOYFULLY joined me there. I simply cannot thank them enough for helping me recover and finding Joy in my life again!

Original review: May 18, 2018

The staff of Seasons in Malibu have played a huge role in my recovery as well as the intense one-on-one instead of it all being groups, good mix of groups, the location, being by the water and good weather. I worked directly with Merritt, who was very responsive via text message, email, and phone calls, and my experience with the admissions team was great. I didn’t have one person there that I didn’t feel comfortable with or that they weren't doing their job. It was a great experience.

Initially, my plan was to go there for 30 days and early on, the staff was saying 30 days is really the minimum, but I didn’t see any need to take it any longer than that. But I got to the end of the 30 days and it was brought to my attention by admissions that my insurance was something that they hadn’t really seen before and they were willing to pay for another 30 days. I made the decision at that point that it would be wise to keep on going through the treatment. And then at the end of that, I did a couple of weeks of IOP so I feel like I got everything I needed when I went there. I walked out of there a completely changed person.

My primary therapist, after I left, reached out to me numerous times. I still work with the admissions department with some of the insurance stuff and the individual there, even though we discussed the financials, is still checking in on me and making sure it was good. We still have communication to this day to make sure that I'm staying on the right path and having that accountability has been amazing. As far as the family goes, they provide my sober living and being able to get back out there and enjoy life again without the abuse.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I had gone previously to one of their outpatient sister companies, Vantage Point and I needed a higher level of care, so I contacted Vantage Point again and they told me I needed inpatient and gave me the number. Admission with Seasons in Malibu was painless and seamless. I made a couple of phone calls and was in the door for about 30 minutes of administration stuff. They knew what they were doing.

Seasons in Malibu saved my life. Their program is very fine tuned for mental health. They are open to suggestions and they really cater to the client. And they kept in touch with me. Sometimes they’ll catch me on a bad day and they don’t just cuddle me and say, “Oh it’ll be okay.” They actually work with me on taking some action to help. In fact, I just got a call the other day just to say hi. It was such a powerful experience. I had no clue what to expect out of Seasons in Malibu and I just went in with an open mind and they exceeded any expectations I could have had. In fact, I told one friend about it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seasons in Malibu?

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had a bad experience at a previous facility so my parents researched residential facilities. They found Seasons in Malibu online and the admission was fast and easy. The staff was pretty dang friendly and helpful. They got things done in a timely manner. Gia, the case manager, was extremely helpful. I had a very good experience there and it set a good foundation for my continued recovery.

Original review: May 11, 2018

With the exception of a couple of people, the staff of Seasons in Malibu was really high caliber. They were very well-trained, accommodating and informative. Don from the admissions was fantastic. He was really good and thorough. He answered any questions I had and then he checked in on me to make sure everything was good. They were very professional that way. I went in for post-traumatic stress disorder from a trauma that I experienced recently. And then alcohol was a by-product of the trauma. They were incredibly thorough and they really gave me tools to learn how to deal with it. I got much better from five therapies a day and they were able to help me separate grief from anxiety and from panic. They were really good that way.

But there are two places where they could use a little bit of help. Abuse of alcohol or addictions bring people there and then underneath is whatever happened. One of my gripes about the place was that they dropped the ball for people who were trying to learn new patterns of how to exist without drugs or alcohol in the evening. We'd have dinner from 5:30 to 6:30 then there was nothing going in the evening and that was usually when most users start to use. So I talked to Doctor Mark about that. They don't have to do something every night but if they had some alternatives besides AA meetings or recovery meetings, that would be really beneficial to the clients who attend. They could do something like cooking or meditation lessons or gentle yoga, something to help people learn a new tool so that they're not just turning on TV or having to go to an AA meeting,

I also got a roommate 18 days into it. Before then, I was very happy to have a single, which was just a perk. But when they did the intakes when the detox room was full, they didn’t prepare me for what to expect. I was nervous, not knowing what to expect from this woman. She obviously was ill coming off of detoxing and that was a little disconcerting and daunting to be thrown in with a roommate when I have no clue as to what is expected of me or what is expected of her. I know I signed up for a roommate but I had never been to rehab before and I think they should have some briefing on what to expect. Fortunately, she just slept for the first couple days and then she started to get her wits about her. Those things aside, the price to go to Seasons in Malibu was not as high so most people can afford to go there. And if you can afford it, you would get really good treatment.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I was a resident at Seasons in Malibu for 30 days in October, 2017. I intended to write this review sooner, but I'm actually glad I didn't, because now I have almost 80 days clean & sober and I think I have even more appreciation for this program than I did the day I left. I can honestly say that Seasons has given me my life back. When I first made the decision to go to rehab, I was in terrible shape. My life was unmanageable and I had no hope for the future. But thanks to the amazing staff at Seasons, I learned so much about myself and the reasons for my addiction, and got the tools to get started on a new path. There are so many different and important therapies provided, and while this is hard work, it's also life changing in the best possible way.

One of the greatest benefits of Seasons is putting together a well rounded aftercare program so you leave with a plan. Mine included appointments with a therapist and a psychiatrist, as well as a schedule of 12 step meetings. And Season's help doesn't stop when you leave. My program included 6 weeks of aftercare, which is exactly the right amount of time to make sure the plan I put into place is working for me. Today I have a sponsor, I attend 12 step meetings regularly, and I'm on the path to having the life I thought I'd never have again. Thank you, Seasons, for giving me a future.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

This facility is top-notch! The staff is so professional and really cares about their clients! The chef makes delicious food! The list of good things about this facility is endless! The doctors and counselors are amazing too! I would recommend this facility to any parent trying to find a safe and effective treatment facility for their loved ones! I'm so glad I found this place for mine!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I did my own research for different facilities, but I ultimately went with Seasons in Malibu because I now live in Malibu and I also like the healing power of the ions and the water. They have an alternative style of teaching and bestowing the information. They seem like a close-knit family. I was nervous about missing work for my own company, but they were very good about it and the system worked for me. The therapy was great because I'd prefer the one-on-one kind of individual care rather than big groups. Now, I'm doing out-patient which seems to work pretty well as well. It's not a perfect science but having another voice is always helpful. However, it's so damn expensive. Mine wasn't done through insurance and was paid out of pocket.

Other than that, I had a positive experience. I was hesitant being around other peers, but a lot of the people that work there are recovering addicts, so they knew where we came from and was helpful too. There were a couple of people I didn't really mesh with, but everyone else was great for the most part. I would recommend Seasons in Malibu for sure. Also, I recommend everyone to do a psych eval when going there. I haven't really done anything like that since I was really young and it helped me understand certain things about myself that I didn't know.

Seasons in Malibu expert review by Erica Spiegelman

Seasons in Malibu is an addiction treatment center in Malibu, California. They have helped people and their families from around the world with all types of addictions. The facility is known for their cutting edge treatments and programs.

• Addictions: Seasons in Malibu treats a wide variety of addictions including alcoholism, opiate addiction, cocaine addiction and prescription drug abuse.

• Approach to recovery: The treatment center takes a multi-dimensional and holistic approach to recovery. Some of their treatment options include having the patient's family involved or participating in activities like yoga on the beach, surfing and hiking.

• Amenities: Seasons in Malibu provides more than 25 unique services including dream therapy, acupuncture, shamanic healing, and equine therapy.

• Qualified therapists: The therapists at Seasons in Malibu are all highly qualified and have master-level degrees or higher. Some of the therapists hold doctorates or medical degrees.

• Aftercare: When a patient leaves Seasons in Malibu, they are not forgotten. The facility has an aftercare program that allows former patients to keep in contact with counselors through their sober companion program.

• Best for: Recovering addicts, people who are still struggling to give up drugs or alcohol, and people who desire long-term sobriety.

Profile picture of Erica Spiegelman
Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Expert

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Seasons in Malibu Company Information