Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a bed and mattress for my son and a mattress for myself. I'm very happy with everything. The packaging was great. I was able to move it myself which is awesome. I saw some reviews saying that it smelled like a factory, but it did not smell like that at all. I left it in the packaging longer than expected because I wasn't ready to move my mattress out at the time that it came. I have seen some reviews how sheets may be a problem. But it took sheets just fine and it's been excellent. My only issue is that my bed is on a box spring. It doesn't have a frame. The mattress tends to slide around on the box spring. So, it doesn't stay even. It would make things easy if you put some kind of slip proof thing at the bottom. I haven't really looked at a way to fix it myself yet. But other than that, it's been a really good experience. I've already recommended Zinus to my mother.

Factual basis uncertain

Zinus 7" High Profile Folding Box Frame purchased 2/1/17 and I still do not have it! I call but get voicemail over and over until it rolls over to leaving a message. I have left multiple messages with no response. I have called Amazon.com for help but they have no power over 3rd party shippers. I was promised this product within 2 days of purchase. The only information I receive is from Amazon.com who tells me the product will be arriving 2/15/17. Totally unacceptable and I resent being lured into a bait and switch scheme, ignored and disrespected. Not only will I never purchase Zinus, Inc. products I will never utilize Amazon.com either as they were not clear on the fact that this was a 3rd party seller. Rating? -10 (It doesn't help knowing now that this product comes from South Korea).

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The memory foam pressure relief mattress I purchased from Zinus was great. My husband and I both love it. I am pregnant at the moment, so the bed is a little too firm for me. But after this prenatal stage, I think it will be perfect. The whole experience with Zinus was very good and the purchasing process of the bed was perfect. The only thing was that when the bed came, its smell, which one gets from any new product, lasted for about a week or two.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the memory foam mattress from Zinus after I found out about them from a friend who had bought one. The bed has helped me sleep better and it doesn't hurt as much. However, when I ordered my bed it was supposed to be a 14 inch bed and when I measure it it’s only a 12 inch bed. I am not sure if I'm missing something but other than that, I love the bed and so far, I'm very satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Zinus has good beds and mattresses. But the one I got has broken parts in the headboard. I have already sent pictures to the customer support and I've contacted them. Their rep said that she will check with the supervisor but they still haven't gotten back to me and it's almost been a month. Also, their delivery partner was not appropriate and I have contacted the dealers too and they are helping me. Nevertheless, my sleeping experience is nice and I would recommend Zinus to friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

I purchased the King size Memory Foam 10 Inch Pressure Relief Mattress along with a King size 14 inch SmartBase Elite Platform Bed/Mattress Foundation. They were purchased on a Friday and arrived the following Tuesday, super fast delivery! After removing the mattress from the box, it took maybe 2-3 hours max for it to expand to its actual size. I opted for the 10 inch rather than 12-14, which is what I initially wanted, due to the price. However I really don't think those couple of inches make much difference. My boyfriend put together the platform with no issue, everything was pretty self-explanatory. I have never slept on a memory foam mattress prior to this one so the first night or so it kind of took some getting used to sleeping on something brand new but not in a bad way. By the 3rd night we had adjusted just fine.

This mattress is incredibly comfortable. It is definitely firm but also soft, if that makes sense. I read a review someone had posted describing the feeling of a cloud cradling her while she sleeps, which is a pretty accurate analogy! The foam conforms to your body. I'm a stomach, side, and back sleeper but need to fall asleep on my stomach. I'm comfortable in any position on this mattress, while my previous spring mattress gave me constant aches and pains. I'm plus size while my boyfriend is around 200 pounds and we have not had any issue with the platform foundation squeaking, buckling, etc. It is very sturdy and quiet.

The only recommendation I have is to put some type of tape or material on the platform itself if you have a cover on the mattress. We purchased a mattress protector and the mattress does slide around because it's not very heavy. But some type of traction should fix this. There is a lot of space underneath to store items. Now that we're on our second week of sleeping on this mattress, I can 100% percent without a doubt say I will never purchase a regular spring mattress again. The idea that people pay thousands of dollars for overpriced mattresses that don't hold up when they could spend a fraction of the cost on a mattress this amazing boggles my mind. Thank you Zinus!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The purchasing experience with Zinus Inc was fine, some of the information we were looking for were online like the firmness. I got the 12 inch gel mattress, the memory foam with the cooling gel on top. In terms of cooling, it actually performs pretty well. But we find that it doesn't provide enough support, it's a little too soft and it's thinner. But my overall experience has been good because they've agreed for us to keep the bed that we purchased and give away the mattress and process the refund. We might buy another mattress, something that is firmer and more suitable for our needs. However, they don't have a showroom so it’s not possible to let me feel the mattress before I buy it. But if they could provide a rating of the firmness, I would really appreciate that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Zinus memory foam is great so far. I used to have a spring mattress and this foam’s working better for me. The memory foam was slightly cheaper than a lot of the other ones I could find and also I could get it shipped to my new house, so that was good. Also, the frame was really easy to set up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our old bed was starting to sag in the middle. My husband did the research, looked online, and picked Zinus because of the price, reviews, and chose the hybrid. He wanted something more firm, so this mattress fits him. The quality for the price is above average. The delivery was on time and it was easy to set up. I made a call to customer service to ask some questions, and they were responsive. I'd recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a Sleep Number bed but I never loved it. I did a lot of online research and aside from the reviews, I found Zinus to have a very good price. The fact that it came delivered to the house was also great. I was very happy with the bed. I got the green tea memory foam and I also got frames for myself and my son. They were amazingly simple to transport and put together. We find it quite easy to use. I have 14 bedrooms in this house so I will need their services again. I have recommended them already.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am incredibly impressed with Zinus memory foam mattresses. It’s awesome and is probably the best money we spent all Christmas. It costed us just under $300 and that bed is fabulous. Also, it was very easy to order online and shipping was excellent. I could also track my shipping online and we were very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m a happy Zinus customer. My experience was spectacular, and I love it. I stayed at a friend’s house who had a mattress from Zinus, and I got to lie on it and it made my back feel good. I then purchased a foam mattress with the gel in it through Zinus. The delivery was quick and the setup was easy. Since using it, my back feels great. In fact, it exceeded my expectations. I get a better night’s sleep. I’m getting a little older, so I had an achy back in my old mattress, and in this mattress, I don’t have it anymore. After a week of sleeping on it, my back doesn’t hurt anymore. It was a pleasure doing business with Zinus.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a Sleep Number before and it was getting old. I checked out several things and I had to have money to give Zinus a shot because of the pricing. When I did, I bought two memory foams. They're much more comfortable and I love it. Also, the company was great to work with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Zinus was highly recommended by a friend who had just also purchased a mattress, and the price as well as the door-to-door shipping were unbeatable. However, I ended up purchasing online over a weekend and no one was available at customer service. I was trying to take advantage of the 10% off that they offered during the Veterans Day sale. It was also unclear when I was looking at the various platforms what the actual dimensions were and if these would fit inside my existing bed frame.

Both my son and I had full bed frames, and I wanted to eliminate the box spring and get the platform instead but it was difficult for me to tell. Although the website gave certain dimensions, there was nothing there that definitively said, "This is your official footprint and if you are working within a confined space, this is what it's going to require." That would have been really helpful because I'm sure I'm not the only person in that situation, considering the elimination of a box spring but not wanting to get rid of the bed.

As for the shipping, I bought a mattress for myself and a mattress and a platform for my son, and his arrived at the same time. A couple of days had gone by and I still hadn't received mine. I tracked my order and Zinus had somehow left mine off the order and ended up having to send it separately. So, there was a little bit of a hiccup in the process, but it was ultimately resolved within a reasonable time frame. Ultimately, it was a relatively painless and easy experience. The product itself is good and definitely better in quality than my previous one. In the end, what really matters most is that the product does what they say it's supposed to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased the gel memory foam from Zinus. We went with them because we had some friends that got one and they had good feedback so we just followed their lead. It was seamless on delivery and we are liking our purchase. It has worked out to be what we hoped it would and it's better than what we had in the past. So far everything has been very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm loving the memory foam I bought from Zinus. Since having the mattress, I could sleep better than in my old, expensive one. I like the bed that I don't even want to get up. Also, ordering was easy. It was indeed a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband did some research and found Zinus website and we bought a memory foam mattress and box spring because they were reasonably priced for what they were. We like the mattress so far. It seems to be working out well and hopefully it continues to be a good mattress.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased a memory foam from Zinus. It is good and I certainly recommend it, however, I think it is not that foam.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently purchased a memory foam through Zinus, and it has met my expectations. I ordered it on their website which was easy to navigate, but I got it through Walmart, which is one of their distributors. The delivery timeframe was good. I wasn’t here when it was delivered, and it had to be managed by the property managers here, but the delivery team got it into my front door. I used to have a very nice Stearns & Foster Golden Elegance, but it was just a standard spring mattress. It’s the first time I’ve owned a memory foam. I was a little reticent going into it. I was afraid I would sleep hot, but it’s fine. It’s comfortable and I’m happy with it. In fact, we may buy a queen once my wife flies out here and see if she likes the one that we’ll be sleeping on.

Resolution In Progress

Dear customer:

Thank you for your recent purchase. I looked into the details of your order and was glad that your bed frame was delivered very next day! We apologize that your order took longer than expected to get delivered. Your item was not available in our South Carolina warehouse so it shipped out of our California warehouse. Once FedEx picks up our shipments, we have no control over transit times. We hope that you are enjoying our mattress and bed frame and please advise if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!

Zinus

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Pros: comfortable mattress, good price. Cons: slow shipping time, pieces delivered on different days, poor customer service, purchased products removed from website. I purchased a mattress and bed frame through the Zinus Memorial Day sale - on a Monday. The website states 4-5 days shipping time for my location (FL) so I expected everything to come that Friday at best and the following Monday at worst. The mattress came the following Tuesday. The bed frame has yet to come (it is Wednesday). I opened the mattress to expand and sleep on it since I had been sleeping on the floor for a few nights, expecting I would have already had a bed by this time.

I called the customer service number twice. The first time was to inquire about the mattress and frame sizes to make enough space in my new bedroom. This is because the products I ordered were no longer listed on the website a week after I ordered them (not even a page with 'out of stock'). A girl answered the phone who sounded like she was at a slumber party. It was noisy in the background, and she was constantly saying "What?" and "Huh?" She never even said she was a rep for Zinus nor her name, and she gave me generic mattress and frame measurements since I assume she couldn't find the exact ones I had ordered.

The second time I called customer service was yesterday once my mattress arrived but not the frame. I understand a rep is merely a messenger, but the reasoning for the delay in delivery and separation of the order was that the boxes may have been too heavy and that there is a 1-2 day processing time in addition to the 4-5 day shipping time. Also, FedEx does not deliver on the weekends, so it could be almost 2 weeks for an order to arrive if there are any unexpected delays.

The website is very misleading in making customers think the order will actually arrive in 4-5 days. There is no clear mention of processing time, or the fact that they are basing the estimates on FedEx delivery days/non-delivery days. 3 days extra isn't life or death, but I would prefer to have an honest and accurate estimate of delivery rather than falsified information encouraging purchases.

I found Zinus through searching on Amazon for beds. The company name was featured so I visited their website directly. Maybe they rely on Amazon to handle customer service duties, but it is hard to find certain info on the company website. I used the mattress on the floor the first night and it was comfortable. Hopefully it feels the same once it is on the actual bed frame.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a mattress and a base through Zinus, and it’s far better and more comfortable compared to the bed I previously owned. I’m totally happy with the product. It's very good and delivered on time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a mattress through Zinus based on the reviews that I’d seen. Also, I tried out a couple of products in the stores and it seemed to be a better value to get it from Zinus. The delivery went perfectly, and everything was easy to set up. My new mattress is better than what I had. I’m getting better rest, so I’m very happy with the purchase. I’ve already recommended Zinus.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a memory foam mattress and a foundation from Zinus. It’s much more comfortable than my old bed which I owned for five years and which we got rid because our backs were hurting and there was no support in it. Even though the Zinus mattress was manufactured in China, it got the same foam that I get here in America for half the price. So it’s an affordable product.

We were a little bit worried because we bought the bed through a mail order type of thing. But after about 18 hours, we slept on the bed and it hasn’t given us any problems since. There was a 30-day return which was the shortest one and that was the biggest gamble if we didn’t like it. But we haven’t talked about wanting to return it once. Since using it, it improved our sleeping patterns all around especially that we got it for pressure relief. I’ve recommended Zinus to friends and they’re also happy with their beds. Everything went smooth all in all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband loves the Zinus mattress, which was a combo of a memory foam and a spring mattress. We had mattress before from Costco and Sleep Number that didn't work out. The Sleep Number was like an air mattress that you float on the pool or lake and if one is not lying down on it then one is not getting the support, so one can't sleep on his or her side. The Zinus mattress is much better for us and my husband is sleeping better on it. It was an excellent experience overall and there was no hassle involved. Everything with their product has been great. I’ve read reviews that people were worried about how the mattress would be after it was compressed and one has to give it a time for the mattress to expand. In our experience, we had no problems with it reaching its full thickness.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for mattress and a Zinus, Inc ad showed up. I was iffy about the price, then my friend came and talked about their experience with Zinus. They were really satisfied with the mattresses and the items that they got. That gave me confidence in trying out Zinus products so I purchased the memory foam mattress and the queen size. The memory foams are very comfortable and it’s really good for the price range that we got. I’m mellow with mattresses. As long as it doesn’t hurt my back, it’d be good.

However, even though it says it’s a firm mattress, it’s not as hard as I thought. It’s still very soft where I could push things down. But when I placed my daughter right next to the location where I pushed the mattress down, my daughter would still not move unlike the previous memory foam mattress that I’ve got where if I put my daughter on one side and I lay down on another side, the whole thing gets compressed down and then my daughter would have rolled over to my side.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the 10-inch Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam and it is awesome. It's way better than the air mattress I had before and some other beds I've seen. It was delivered in a good time frame and the mattress came three days before the frame but it worked out. It was easy to install, I did it in less than an hour. It’s really comfortable and it immediately helped a lot with my pregnant girl who was having back pains. It's a good mattress for a good price and a good price for a good deal. It's still holding up sturdy, not super heavy, and it's effective. I've no remorse or regret about it. It's a good product overall and I'd recommend it.

Resolution In Progress

Dear Brad:

Thank you for your recent purchase. A return label was provided to get the product back to us. Once the item is received, we will promptly issue your refund. Thank you. Have a great day!

-Zinus

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I bought a mattress and box spring from Zinus. They took the wrong size box spring and I'm still waiting on my credit which has been fairly frustrating. The mattress on the other hand is okay. I've slept on it and it's fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My brother referred us to Zinus so I ended up going with them. The Zinus memory foam mattress is great, soft and adapts to my body. It's been what I thought that I would get so it's been good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I chose Zinus based on trust and I bought a hybrid mattress. It's more comfortable than my previous mattresses, and I like the quality. The cost and the product are both good. Zinus did everything they said they were going to do so I've no complaints.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a Zinus frame from Amazon and my Zinus mattress is pretty good compared to other mattresses I've owned in the past - it's a great mattress. I purchased from them because of the cost and a friend who got one.

Zinus, Inc Company Profile