Zinus, Inc

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Compare Mattresses

Research top Mattresses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My mattress did not rise up to 12'' as promised. I wanted a replacement. I've provided all of the required info & emailed/contacted them 10 times without success. They will respond to the first email, but after they tell you to contact their "customer service". You'll go around in a circle. Avoid this company!

We have a summer-like cottage home that we just purchased and we were setting it up to have four bedrooms with some bunk beds in it to accommodate a lot of people so we bought 10 mattresses and a bedframe from Zinus. I looked at some of the reviews of Zinus then ended up buying a queen size version initially just to try it. I was pleased with the product and how it felt so we went ahead and made the purchase of the rest. We’ve had a couple of situations where we’ve had friends and family over and everything's been great with the mattresses. The frame was also very good and sturdy. We purchased the king size frame that was sort of the platform bedframe and it worked out perfectly. Shipping was fast and we got them as promised. Everything worked out great.

Prior to Zinus, we owned a bed for about 10 years. I then decided to get a hybrid mattress from Zinus because of the reviews I saw and its pricing. It's all right. But, it's not as good as the one that I had before. Other than that, everything was fine. It was a simple and straightforward experience. It's comfortable and I am sleeping better than I was since my mattress just died.

Received the mattress but did not receive the box spring I ordered. Called and emailed the company with NO response. Customer service is awful. I feel like I am getting shafted. I am still yet to hear from someone from the company.

We are sorry for this experience. We have sent your box spring to you today with overnight service. I apologize that we did not have a record of your complaint.

I bought a new bed from Zinus along with the Extra Performance Spring mattress. I've owned my previous bed for around four years and Zinus is better, quality-wise, and they have an excellent service. It's very easy to set up, sturdy and comfortable and my experience with it was good. Keep up the good work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

A year and a half ago, I was in a car accident and broke my back. I opted not to have surgery on my broken back and shattered leg. I worked third shift and I spend a lot of my time in the morning throughout the early day in the bed sleeping and the bed I had was really awful so I decided that I needed to do something for me so that I was more comfortable and bought the bed. I bought a queen size frame and mattress with the inner coiled springs from Zinus and never regret that money I spent on this bed. I have it for about two months now.

I got onto it on the first night even though I was supposed to let it rest for 24 hours and it was phenomenal. I don't have the numbness that I have. I'm a side sleeper and it's really fantastic for it. It doesn't push in the spots that it's not supposed to. Because of those injuries to my left leg, my right hip takes all of my weight. They're actually talking about fusing my ankle because I have no motion in it so the little bit of motion I have creates a lot of pain so I walk with a cane and my right hip takes all of my weight. That's the side I sleep on and the other bed was causing a lot of pinching and I couldn't get comfortable but this one eases support where it's the whole hip, not just one area where it created so much pain.

I spend all my time in my room now. And I also have three kids and my son has decided he's not sleeping on his mattress anymore so he sleeps with mom. The only downside to the whole bed that I can see is my son is very restless at night and he has not figured out how to turn over in it. People would just kind of roll. And that's what he does. He winds up over on my side. I'm like, "Dude, you're 10. Get over it. You have to get on your side of the bed." But this was one of the best purchases I made.

I even recommended it to my ankle doctor. He and his wife were actually talking about buying a new one. I told him, "It can't hurt to check it out because if you don't like it, there's a warranty on it. They'll take it back and it's so worth it." And when you can recommend something to your doctor that makes me have a lot of confidence in the bed I purchased. I had been all over town looking at ones that prop me up in mattress outlets. I was looking at $3,000 to get a mattress and can't do it so I started to look for it online. I had looked at a Helix and a couple of other ones out there and this one gives me the opportunity to check it out, see if I liked it and I cannot say enough good things about this bed.

Also, it was here exactly at the date that they said it would. I actually waited. It was on my porch and I'm like, "All right let's get it in the house." My 10 year old and I pushed the frame in the house and I left the box out with the mattress out on the porch because I knew I couldn't lift it. And my daughter's boyfriend came over and he helped me get it in and set up. I never actually spoke to anyone. Didn't have the need to. But when I needed, the website was phenomenal and the questions on what I would need and the tiny space, they give dimensions. Everything on the site was exactly as they said it was. It was a good experience with Zinus. And it's continued to be a great experience.

I wanted to try something different and was interested to see a mattress arriving in a box instead of as they normally arrive. And Zinus was a new company with a novel idea. It wasn’t until after I received the mattress that I was able to determine it was made in China so who knows what they put inside of it to create the firmness of the mattress. The spring mattress is firmer than what I would have ever anticipated but I’m adjusting to it. It felt like sleeping on the street due to how firm it is.

I’ve had to change how I sleep and I’m thinking of getting a comforter to put on top of it because I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to get that thing to soften up. I got the one with the pillow top. For the money, it’s what I thought it would be. It cost $3,500 for the mattress and $600 for everything else. It’s an adequate product for the price. But I was wondering how to send it back if something goes wrong with it. I’m not going to be able to deflate that thing and put it in a box.

I was having some shoulder and knee pain on my old mattress that we had for 15 years. The old bed had seen better days and reached the end of its useful life. We liked the price of Zinus and we could return it if we didn't like our purchase so, we got one. We bought a 13-inch king size, memory foam gel mattress, and a gray fabric bed frame. We like our new bed and it’s meeting all our expectations. The pain I was having has gone away and overall, it has been easy and excellent experience with Zinus.

I bought a metal bedframe and a king size mattress from Zinus and then I bought two queens for my boys, as well. My boys love them and I really like it too because it’s a little firmer and I tend to sleep a lot better on it compared to my old bed. It’s meeting our expectations and it’s a good value, overall. Also, Zinus is easy to do business with.

I bought two mattresses and two beds with the frames from Zinus because of the reviews that I have read online and their price fits my budget. Shipping is really fast. We ordered on a Tuesday night and we got it on a Thursday. However, one of the wood platform bed base came chipped but we contacted them and they shipped out a new piece with a warranty within a week. The instructions were easy to follow and I was really happy with the purchase and my kids are really happy with the beds.

I purchased a hybrid mattress from Zinus, Inc. I wanted to try a hybrid. It was the cheapest on the market that I could find and it had good reviews. It was easy to set up. But, as far as sleeping on it, I'm still having some lower back issues. The memory foam gives a little too much right in my hip area so if I'm lying on my back, my butt sinks way too far and it makes my lumbar over curve. It's not quite as comfortable as I was hoping.

Online reviews on Zinus were good and they had the option of using a firm for a payment plan. We purchased a hybrid mattress, a bed frame and a couple of pillows. My husband set up the bed frame and he said it was heavy but he was able to do it on his own. I set up the mattress by myself which was also pretty heavy but I was able to do it following the directions. The new bed is much better and we’re happy so far. It didn’t really have a weird smell like a surgical smell and that was good.

We got the plain memory foam bed from Zinus three months ago. It came through the mail and we were able to get the box springs all within a relatively good price. Also, putting it together was easier than what we anticipated. It’s great and we love it. It took about a week to get used to but after that, it’s good. We sleep well and we’re happy with the price, value and quality.

I ordered this product online based upon the reviews from previous consumers. It has been nearly two weeks and I still have not received my mattress. I have called Zinus multiple times and nobody has returned my phone call. This is the fifth day without any type of contact or return phone call from Zinus. At this point I would like to cancel my order however I cannot do that because of the status of the current order. We will end up cancelling this order and sending the items back based upon their lack of customer service and follow through. In the meantime, for the past 2 weeks, I have over $500 on an order that I have not received and I cannot cancel.

I was looking around for some thick memory foam mattresses and price-wise, Zinus was very competitive and they offered free shipping. I bought two memory foam mattresses and two box springs. The old one was pretty much worn out and this is definitely much more comfortable. This is the first memory foam mattress so, it took a little getting used to, but we like it a lot right now. We're very happy with it. It's very comfortable getting a good night’s sleep and no complaints at all. We’re pleased with them and I’d buy them again.

It's been a great experience with Zinus so far. I purchased a memory foam from them because of their price and quality. Before I purchased my Zinus, I had a bed for five years. It is very bad compared to Zinus, and now I'm sleeping better. It's very good quality, and my husband feels warmer at night than with the other mattress we've had. He thinks that the memory foam retains more heat.

I use Zinus for my home and my business and I purchased from them for the convenience and price. I got the mattress and the frame and I'm happy with the overall product. However, it was too firm so I got the extra memory foam and they worked out just great.

We bought a couple of mattresses and some bed frames from Zinus because of the price. Compared to Tuft & Needle or Casper, they're affordable. It was really easy to unpack and assemble, as well. The instructions were straightforward and I put them together by myself. They're also comfortable and I'm more satisfied with it than my old bed. I also had called and spoke to the company to check about the warranty. The rep told me that I just need to keep my receipt since I purchased from the company online. And he was friendly and it was a good customer service. It has been an easy and great experience with Zinus. I would recommend them to a friend or family.

I had a fairly expensive Stearns and Foster mattress for seven years. It had gotten so old and it was hard to sleep on. I liked the price of Zinus and decided to get one. I got their best mattress, a king coil mattress. I've been using it for 10 months now and so far, I like it. It's very comfortable, nice and firm. I've been getting a good night's sleep.

I like the delivery process, as well. I just popped it open and it fits right on the bed. The only problem I had with it is the handles. If I try to pull the mattress spot to straighten it out on the bed, they seem to come loose. I'm hoping in the long term it doesn't misshape the mattress. I called customer service and the guy was very good. He was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. He said there's a 10-year warranty on the mattress and he described the process. He said that if something happens, I should take a picture, they'll replace it and have somebody donate the old one. Overall, it's been excellent. They did what they said they were going to do and they delivered a good product.

My wife and I own and operate an Adult Care Facility in Ohio. Since the bed bug outbreak we have changed all the beds in our facility to platform beds to eliminate the need for box springs (hiding place for bed bugs). We recently bought for the first time the Zinus platform bed frame. It was simple to put together. It even came with a hammer, how cool. The wood slats are connected by together. The bed frame has wonderful storage room underneath. The frame makes an inexpensive mattress feel like an expensive mattress. We will eventually replace all our prior platform beds to the Zinus Platform Bed Frame.

I bought the 14-inch hybrid bed with the iCoil through Zinus and it's way better than my previous bed of 9 years. I have a degenerative and multi-herniated disc and other health issues going on. I also got diagnosed with Raynaud's disease. So, pressure plates in my body needed to be relieved. My mattress needed to be firm enough to keep me leveled and my old mattress wasn't doing that with. Also, my husband and I have very different schedules. With our old mattress, there was a constant moving around and every time he moves, I knew it and it woke me up. Our Zinus bed kind of eliminated all of that.

I also kinda have insomnia and horrible vertigo, but at least I'm able to get some sleep now which is averaging about five hours from maybe an hour and a half before. I'm sleeping much better now. And before, I was sleeping on six to eight pillows. And now, I only need two. Also, the cost is phenomenal because I have been looking at similar prices and comparable beds in town and they were retailing it for about $1,300. What I paid for my Zinus was less than half of that.

I have always slept on the traditional spring mattress. I wanted to try something different because my bed was old. Also, I was having tons and tons of back issues because I totaled my car in January. So I got a hybrid mattress from Zinus. The purchasing experience went smoothly and it was awesome. The bed was really affordable and I liked that everything was so transparent. I like to research to be able to see what I'm getting and I definitely researched tons of other brands but I liked the mattress' hybrid option. It didn't seem like there was pressure to buy as well. Since having it, I'm sleeping much better. I really love the mattress. In fact, I suggested it to my dad, stepmom, my sister and her husband and my ex-boyfriend. I've suggested it to literally everybody who is in the market for buying a new bed.

I had my old bed for eight years and it was worn out so I bought a new memory foam, a box spring and a bed at Zinus. It was really easy to get it set up. It was a great experience overall.

I went to Zinus' website after seeing their products at Sam's Club. I saw that they had a customer whose mattress was defective and it was replaced for free, plus free shipping and the old defective mattress was donated to charity which was awesome. So I got a soft-medium mattress and the bed frame from them. It was timely shipped. They're a reputable company. They also got an A-plus from the Better Business Bureau.

The bed has a cooling agent that prevents sweating during the night. It's a queen bed, better than my twin bed I had since I was in middle school. I'm 6'1", so the bed is a lot bigger. In addition, the one thing I liked about it is when I set-up the bed frame, it comes in with the headboard on it. So, it lifts up from the back, you put everything from the actual bed inside and you carry it. There's no box spring that you need either. I have a lot of back problems and the bed has helped, but I still have some problems since I usually work at a desk all day.

I saw a person online and Zinus had the mattress all wrapped up in a little bag. I needed a new mattress, saw the pictures and thought that the shipping is so cool and that that's what I'm getting. We had the 14-inch hybrid deal that had both the memory foam and spring mattress. They’ve got a superior product and I love it. I've already told everybody about them.

I bought a Hybrid mattress, a contemporary bed and pillows from Zinus and I've had them over a month now. It was cheaper and they would deliver the products to my house quickly. If you're living in New York City and have a contemporary flat or a small studio apartment, their furniture is perfect. But if you're living in a really big house, their scale is a little small. They need to scale larger for a real big house then it would be fantastic. The mattress is great for the price that I paid for. I couldn't be happier with the delivery because it was a lot of fun. My kids enjoyed watching me unpackage it and carrying it up the stairs. It's like wrestling a small Ox but so is everything else in life. I've already recommended Zinus to several friends.

I ordered the delivery of Zinus 12 Inch Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam within 48 hours for both the 14" frame and the 12" mattress. The frame came within the 48 hours but the mattress which tracked as shipped the same day and received a UPS # was already being delivered. My assumption is that the bed was vacuum packed when it left their warehouse. It didn't arrive the same day as the frame. It still hasn't arrived and it has been 144 hours since it has been in the box. This is terrible customer service. I live in Long Beach CA, this is not some foreign third world country. Get it together Zinus. I will have to really inspect this whenever it arrives. On Amazon, they recommend that you unpack it within 24 to 48 hours of their packing it. That time has already passed. Just terrible, terrible delivery service.

Prior to Zinus, we had a 20-year-old mattress. We hated the pillow and that mattress just broke down. My husband and I couldn't sleep on it. So we purchased two 14-inch Green Tea Memory Foam from Zinus. We had a bit of a problem with the delivery though. We were included in the evacuation due to the Oroville Dam being in jeopardy. We ordered the mattress before that and we could have received it before the evacuation but for some reason, I was dealing with FedEx and they said that they got the mattresses and that they're coming from California. We're from California and it's just a three-hour drive so we should have gotten the mattresses a few days but we didn't.

Then the evacuation happened and the delivery got further prolonged. That was a little frustrating because Zinus was showing that the mattresses were good to go and they should have been out for shipment. However, when I called FedEx, they said that the mattresses were stuck on their docks and they can't move it so we have to wait longer. But it's all right.

The mattress was a little harder than I had hoped but it's about getting used to it and so far we've been sleeping really great on them. We were taking our chances when we bought the mattresses. We saw a couple of our friends' online ranting and raving about their Green Tea Foam Bed. They said they loved it and that they ended up referring a couple of their friends to it and wouldn't go anywhere else for it. It'll be interesting to see how long they last. Even though we couldn't stand the pillow top from the old mattress, lasting for twenty years is a long time. It didn't break down until the last couple of years that we had it. We're just hoping that these new mattresses will stick with us for a while. We love the new bed and would highly encourage someone to give them a try.

I have a friend that bought one of Zinus' mattresses and was satisfied with it. So, I thought I'd do the same. It seems to be very good and everything went smoothly. But it would have helped on my end to have two people help get it into the house. It's a little heavy for one person, but I managed. Also, I wish I would have looked into the bed frames a little closer because I got the basic one and it might have been nice to get something a little more decorative, but that's my mistake. It was a good product and it was fast and easy.

I had my old bed for five years and it was awful. After considering the prices, I got a bed and a mattress from Zinus, and it is much better. On a scale of 1 to 10, the difference is a 10. It's been meeting my expectations.

Zinus, Inc Company Profile