Zinus, Inc

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought a mattress and a frame through Zinus for our son. I went to their site, looked at several kinds of mattresses and the size of them because our son is tall already and went with the king size. I have also always wanted to try one of those steel frames and we like it. The process was easy. I pressed on what I wanted and was taken straight to the place I ordered it. The delivery was fine too and they even brought my items in my house which was good. We then put the bed together and our son really loves it. He said it was comfy and exhilarating. We'd recommend this.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a bed and the whole frame with the headboard from Zinus and it was fine for the most part. It had a tear in the headboard and it definitely happened in the delivery process because there's a hole in the box and then into the actual headboard. We found out when it was already assembled and the bed was on it. I would have gotten a new headboard but they told me it was going to take months and I got rid of the old bed already and I'm not gonna sleep on the floor. So, it was easier to take the 20% discount they gave me on the actual product. They said they already did it, and they put it in their system and that was about a month ago but I'm still waiting for it to be reflected on my bill. Also, I wish they give a longer try out period because they only give 40 days and this other company gives 6 months. But it's a good product and the bed and the frame are fine. It's a good overall experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved to a new place and didn't feel like paying the moving cost of taking all the old stuff with me. So, I wanted to go brand new and Zinus was a bed that a friend of mine had purchased online. He explained the ease to it all and the delivery system. I tried his bed out and it was really good. I ended up buying a king size mattress and bed frame. It's a great bed. I've also recommended it to a few other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went on Google looking for mattress and I found Zinus. I read good reviews and their prices were good so I went with them. I purchased a queen mattress and two twin mattress with boxes for each mattress. I made the order on the end of December and we got it on the 10th of January. However, when I used the queen mattress, I suffered from lower back pain. But when I tried to sleep on the twin mattress, it's more comfortable and I'm not suffering from any pain. I'm trying to find someone to donate the mattress in order to get a refund and purchase a hybrid one from Zinus, Inc. but nobody accepts the mattress without the box. And when I contacted them and we talked about the return policy, they won't refund me the box. Nonetheless, it's a good experience overall and the delivery was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased an iCoil bed and the headboard from Zinus, Inc. and I just love it. It's 150% better and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I would totally endorse their product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The price and packaging of Zinus products were good. I got two 12-inch mattresses, one is a king Pressure Relief and the other one is a queen memory foam. My old bed is quite firm but Zinus is more plush. I get a feeling that I'm sinking in the mattress, but sometimes it's causing me back pain like I used to have with the bed I owned for three years. Other than that, I like that the queen mattress is really firm even though it's not pressure relief.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased two memory foam mattresses from Zinus, Inc. I didn't want to pay the price for a Tempur-Pedic anymore and we could buy five of these for the price of a Tempur-Pedic. So far, the mattress is comfortable and does the job. I just don't know how long this one will last versus the Tempur-Pedic but we knew that. It's been a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have my Zinus mattress for two months now. I saw that it has good reviews on sleeplikethedead.com and their prices were really competitive. Purchasing was an easy process. I start through pick one of the three options, then put it in my shopping cart and was done. It's simple work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was doing online searches for reviews and came across an offer from Zinus. I looked up their website and ended up buying a bed and a mattress from them. It was for a new room. The purchase was quick and the delivery was only a couple of days and I was impressed with the speed. Also, the product was good. I tried the bed for two days and memory foam mattress was really comfortable. The bed was really firm, strongly built, and it didn't shake. It met my expectation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased a hybrid mattress from Zinus for the price. We did everything online and I liked the process. We got the mattress for our guest room so we don’t use it personally but our experience has been great, and I’d recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a Zinus king hybrid mattress. I like its price and it's better than my old bed I've had for six years. Zinus provides support to my body and I sleep better. I've had a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had my old bed for 12 years, but I didn't like it and got rid of it. After looking at reviews on YouTube and Amazon, I bought two platform beds and a mattress from Zinus. I really like it. I now sleep really good. I don't wake up until 5:00 in the morning and I'm good to go. However, I had to get a replacement for the first bed that I purchased, because I bought a 12-inch Green Tea mattress and it didn't expand to 12 inches. So, I had to email and complain. They sent me out a new mattress and it's fine. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had our previous queen-sized bed for seven years before we got the king size mattress with the platform bed from Zinus. We have more space now. Also, getting it was quick and painless and everything came in small packaging. I was the one who assembled it and it was easy. Everything worked out the way that they said it would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Zinus has a good price and really good Amazon reviews. But, the process of ordering and then delivery were split into several parts and this was not mentioned in the email that was sent. I got one email saying that all items were sent over and I only have one tracking ID and this ID actually tracks just one item. There were three pieces expected, but we only had one so we called them to figure out what happened. There should be three emails or one email saying that all three items are delivered separately and three separate tracking numbers.The mattress arrived then the frame and then the pillows.

Also, the foam or gel of the mattress and pillows have a very special and distinctive smell that is not very pleasant. It's very strong once unpacked and according to the instructions, it would take 72 hours in a well-ventilated place for the smell to get out completely. However, that's not the case because even after two weeks right next to an open window, the smell was still there. And even now, if I put my nose to the mattress, I can smell that smell. Other than that, I'm happy with the items that I bought from them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a good price and quality Zinus product. I've been using the memory foam for one month now and the mattress is very good, smooth, and comfortable. I previously had a spring mattress for one year but with the Zinus mattress, the spring on the memory foam is completely different and it's is very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My first purchase was a queen mattress and it was a mistake. I have hardwood floors and I didn't realize I needed a bed frame. Without the bed frame, the mattress will start to grow mold because it wouldn't breathe properly. I thought the mattress was really good besides that mold issue and it should last me a long time, so I might as well just spend a couple of extra $100 and get exactly what I wanted instead of regretting it for the next 10 years.

I called Zinus and explained to them that I'm 100% happy with my mattress. I asked for a refund and the manager gave me the full refund. I also explained to them that I'd be coming back as we bought a mattress from them. I was going to go with the downgrade mattress but then on their website, it said that I could use a firm. So I went through a firm and they got me the exact mattress I wanted which was the top of the line from them. I bought the memory foam 14-inch pressure sensitive mattress and it's awesome. However, I cannot find a mattress fitted sheet to fit it. But other than that, Zinus gets a 100 all the way up because they have great products.

Zinus is awesome. I've been through so many mattresses as a kid and so many mattress companies just lie to try to get a sale or just say anything. And then they say soft, but they're uncomfortable. But Zinus' mattress is right off the top. They're comfortable and reasonable. My whole family, even my friends that have laid on it, said I've got to give them one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Zinus is a great company to deal with. We got the Pressure Relief King Size Mattress which is a 14-inch king sized mattress and the base that it goes on. We’re extremely thrilled with it. We opened it up and it completely inflated or expanded, if you will, to the full 14 inches. I also like the memory foam, so everything was a great purchase. I bought another one for my teenage son and he loves it. It’s called the Theratouch, a full-size bed. We bought it through Walmart which was packaged as Spa Sensations but it's a Zinus product. Both of our experiences with Zinus were pleasant.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It all went great with Zinus. I ordered two spring, full size mattresses for my two teenagers. They love it and it feels great. I ordered them online and ordered the two bed frames as well. It was a very simple process.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an awesome experience purchasing a memory foam, the mattress cover and the frame from Zinus. I was referred by a prior customer and based on her referral to me, my brother bought one too on the opposite end side of the country. So, we both bought them in the same week. And I just love it. I find any excuse I can to take a nap or lie down 'cause I love it that much. It's really like a revolutionary change.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got Zinus beds and foam mattresses for a vacation home and I've never had a guest complain about them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased five mattresses from Zinus, including one of their hybrid traditional mattresses. The twins and the fulls are immensely better than the four smaller ones we had before. Then our mattress that we got is pretty good itself. My wife really loves it. The only issue that I had was the shipping, but that fell more on FedEx than Zinus because I bought so many mattresses. FedEx couldn’t get them all on the truck, so it took them an extra day or two to get out here. So everything was delayed because of that. With larger orders like that, it would definitely be something to figure out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The 14 inch memory foam mattress from Zinus has exceeded our expectations. Sleeping has been great and we spend a lot more time on the bed than we did before. However, we got sent two defective platforms. There was a missing support latch for the first platform that got sent with the mattress. We sent that back and they sent us a new one. But the new one looked like it might've been dropped. When we fold it out, it was uneven so it wasn't providing any type of support. It was a little frustrating. The reps handled it very well and they were very apologetic but we ended up returning them all and abandoning the whole purchase for the platform. Other than that, we love the mattress. It's completely different and it's much better than our old bed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I sleep better with Zinus' memory foam. They were a better cost than their competitors. Zinus is wonderful and I recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a 14-inch thick king mattress from Zinus. It was ultra comfort memory foam and I added a memory foam topper to it, which extended the life of it. However, for whatever reason, my body wasn’t taken to it. I sleep on my back and after four hours, my whole back would be sore, almost like I was lying on the floor for several hours. It just felt hard to me. My wife seems to like it, but she weighs 130 pounds less than me.

Right now I'm in the process of returning the Zinus bed. We had someone to pick it up to get the refund back because I'm coming up on my 30 nights and it's just not working. They told me I had to have someone at The Salvation Army or some donation place pick it up, which is fine. I contacted a place but they can't do it for three weeks and they can't do it on the weekends. Also, the Salvation Army tells me they're gonna come between 8:00 and 3:00, so I had to take a day off of work to be home because my wife doesn’t wanna be home alone with strangers in the house picking up the bed.

Then Zinus gave me a note from them that the mattress needs to be picked up by a certain date too, and I was like, “What do you want me to do? You're telling me to use the Salvation Army. They're telling me they can't come ‘til the 21st.” The last email I got back from the rep was, “We'll give you ‘til the 25th.” I'm like, “What if there's inclement weather and they cancel the pickup? If I scheduled now for the 21st, I got to wait another three weeks.” So I was very disappointed in that. They shouldn’t put a timeline when it's not my fault. This has now become a hassle for me to return this bed.

When I put the memory foam mattress topper on my old mattress, it made it very comfortable. So in my mind, I was thinking, “On the Zinus bed, that’s a memory foam why wouldn't it be comfortable? Now I can't get a new bed until I return this one. If I do get a new mattress, the new mattress company would come in and they would take away the Zinus bed. Then they’ll just throw it out, but then I don’t get my money back from Zinus. It puts the consumer in a tough spot because now I got to sleep on this bed. I'm uncomfortable with this for three weeks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a bed and mattress for my son and a mattress for myself. I'm very happy with everything. The packaging was great. I was able to move it myself which is awesome. I saw some reviews saying that it smelled like a factory, but it did not smell like that at all. I left it in the packaging longer than expected because I wasn't ready to move my mattress out at the time that it came. I have seen some reviews how sheets may be a problem. But it took sheets just fine and it's been excellent. My only issue is that my bed is on a box spring. It doesn't have a frame. The mattress tends to slide around on the box spring. So, it doesn't stay even. It would make things easy if you put some kind of slip proof thing at the bottom. I haven't really looked at a way to fix it myself yet. But other than that, it's been a really good experience. I've already recommended Zinus to my mother.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our old bed was a little bit hard so we were looking for something that was a little bit softer. We then purchased a foam mattress through Zinus. We love it. It fits all of our needs and wants, so it's a really great bed. In fact, we're getting ready to buy another one.

Factual basis uncertain

Zinus 7" High Profile Folding Box Frame purchased 2/1/17 and I still do not have it! I call but get voicemail over and over until it rolls over to leaving a message. I have left multiple messages with no response. I have called Amazon.com for help but they have no power over 3rd party shippers. I was promised this product within 2 days of purchase. The only information I receive is from Amazon.com who tells me the product will be arriving 2/15/17. Totally unacceptable and I resent being lured into a bait and switch scheme, ignored and disrespected. Not only will I never purchase Zinus, Inc. products I will never utilize Amazon.com either as they were not clear on the fact that this was a 3rd party seller. Rating? -10 (It doesn't help knowing now that this product comes from South Korea).

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The memory foam pressure relief mattress I purchased from Zinus was great. My husband and I both love it. I am pregnant at the moment, so the bed is a little too firm for me. But after this prenatal stage, I think it will be perfect. The whole experience with Zinus was very good and the purchasing process of the bed was perfect. The only thing was that when the bed came, its smell, which one gets from any new product, lasted for about a week or two.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the memory foam mattress from Zinus after I found out about them from a friend who had bought one. The bed has helped me sleep better and it doesn't hurt as much. However, when I ordered my bed it was supposed to be a 14 inch bed and when I measure it it’s only a 12 inch bed. I am not sure if I'm missing something but other than that, I love the bed and so far, I'm very satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Zinus has good beds and mattresses. But the one I got has broken parts in the headboard. I have already sent pictures to the customer support and I've contacted them. Their rep said that she will check with the supervisor but they still haven't gotten back to me and it's almost been a month. Also, their delivery partner was not appropriate and I have contacted the dealers too and they are helping me. Nevertheless, my sleeping experience is nice and I would recommend Zinus to friends.

Zinus, Inc Company Profile