Zinus, Inc

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the 13 inch memory foam king size mattress from Zinus, Inc. I had my old bed for three years but I like my Zinus better. It's more comfortable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I shopped for a mattress for two days and I did as much homework as I could stand to do. Someone posted his research and Zinus was one of the few companies that was on his list. But, it was mostly BedInABox companies and they were the highest rated one on the internet. As soon as I saw them I said, "Okay, they've got a good rating and people are saying good things about them." So, I called BedInABox but their customer service never answered, and I decided that I'm not doing business with them.

I went outside the list and they were even worse. They were the highest priced ones, and their customer service also didn't answer. I gave up after about three of those and went back to the top ten which Zinus was a part of. I called Zinus, and their customer service answered right away and they were friendly so I said okay to them. We bought the 13-inch foam from Zinus without ever laying on a foam mattress and we're very happy with the mattress. I'm enjoying it very much, and my grandbabies also like to go out and lay and read a story with me. So far, the mattress has been great. It has been better than I expected.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a rental property that I'm furnishing. I'm doing it like Airbnb and I bought six end tables from Zinus. These tables were these really thin fiber wood laminate that has metal frames. Those were very poor quality and three of them were completely damaged. One was a wrong color and that one was also damaged. I locked in the two that were fine for a minute because we have been using this place, and just putting it together and furnishing it. But after seeing it for a few days, I really didn't like the red color and it didn't really go well with the house, so I returned those. But the dark ones would have been good and the quality of the other five was so shady that I'm not gonna take another chance with those. I don't necessarily think that it was quality control of the manufacturer, but maybe their packaging was inefficient in protecting the product.

I ended up buying three mattresses and three beds with bed frames with the gray background. They are pretty efficient with their packaging in the sense of size. We opened it up and it's just one box. You'd think that parts are missing but you have to unzip the whole headboard and everything is put in there neatly in the back. But I had to return the three bed metal frame and get replacements with three of the bed frames with material on the back like a headboard. The problem with the first ones was the mattress. Even making the bed, it would slide off so, I never even used them. I took the mattresses on, try to make the bed and the mattress kept sliding right off, so they suggested putting something sticky underneath, but I ended up buying the other frames and I'm pretty stoked for those. I have gotten them and they're put together. Everything is good.

Also, their customer service was great. It sounded like I was talking to some kids hanging out and playing video games. They're really young that they were super helpful. The return was easy and it seemed like they were a really small business. But granted I'm using this something and I expect to get some wear and tear so I would prefer something solid and sturdy and I personally wouldn't try the new products for myself. But the cost is absolutely the reason why I went with them and I've already recommended them and had people buying the same bed with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Zinus had good online reviews, so we bought the foundation and mattress from them, and it's much better and comfortable than the previous ones we owned, which has worn out. The kids love their mattresses, and they say that they're sleeping better on it. Also, the box springs are good. Overall, we had a wonderful experience with Zinus. The products have exceeded our expectations, and I've told other people about them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend recommended Zinus and I price compared online. I bought three beds and three frames from them and they were very good. One of the king size beds, FedEx wouldn’t deliver it. So, they shipped it across the country but the local deliverers wouldn’t deliver it. But when I called Zinus and told them about it, they said, “Don’t worry about that. We’ll ship you out a new one. I’ll have them send that one back to us." So, Zinus was great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was using a different kind of mattress back in my own country. I recently came to the U.S.A. so I was looking for a quality mattress with a better price and I found it in Zinus. I got the Memory Foam 12-inch Green Tea Mattress and it came very nicely packed. There were some parts missing, but they shipped those very quickly. I had a good experience using the mattress. Usually, we have trouble to get adjusted to the mattress, but now it's fine and I feel comfortable with it. I'm getting a good sleep now. The only the issue I have with it is when the temperature is more than 70, I feel a little bit heat from the bed, which makes it uncomfortable. Other than that, it is fine, I’m happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a bed, a box spring and a frame through Zinus. My new bed makes me feel good. I sleep better and I've got more room. I'm happy with it and it met my expectations. But I don't care much for their return policy. We didn't like the first bed that we got. It didn't sleep the way we wanted it to. When we went to return it, they told us to donate it and really put the onus on us to facilitate the return and the donation. And where I live, I had a hard time finding someone to pick up the mattress as a donation. So in the future, if they had an agreement with a large charity in each area to come get it and they set it up, I believe that would be a better customer service aspect to provide on the return of the mattress. But overall, I'm pleased with the experience and would buy from them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had our old mattress for nine years then got the Zinus when I was nine months pregnant and I slept way better on this mattress than on the previous one. I kept getting in and out of the old bed because I had to pee so much and kept bothering my husband. And then he kept hearing me making all these "Uhh" sound when I was getting up. So he noticed when we got the new mattress those sounds went away because it was so much easier to get up and down. It was very nice. It made the last two weeks better and I still like it after birth.

When we were ordering it, the website was really easy to navigate. My husband went back five times to make sure it's the right mattress and he had to show it to me a couple of times. This Zinus is a hybrid. It had the top with memory foam and the rest was spring. We've had an amazing experience with Zinus, and I've had one friend buy a mattress from them because we recommended it. My sister is also in the process of looking at it right now because she's due in two weeks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a hybrid queen mattress from Zinus and it was very easy to order online. I also bought two twin memory foams which are like green tea mattresses. My new bed is more comfortable and definitely better than the old bed I had. It took me a lot to figure out what kind of bed I wanted and I realized that I didn't like the memory foam so I got a firmer one. I’m really happy with it, so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had gone through different websites because I don't trust mattress companies. Also, I heard a lot of stories and news reports about stores selling recovered old mattresses. Then I settled on taking a chance on Zinus Inc's mattress and bed frames. I loved how easy the frames were to put together. There wasn’t a lot of pieces, and A put in to B, and B into C, and so on. It was very simple and it made everything go a lot faster. It took my son 15 minutes to do it.

My son is sleeping like a log now. He was into parkour and he had an accident which gave him two compression fractures on his vertebrae, which fortunately popped back like marshmallows. That may have been part of the problem with the futon which he previously slept on. It didn’t give him the support he needed. Even though he’s young and he came back from the injury, he still needs a better support. He was sleeping 8-10 hours as soon as he had the Zinus mattress. And he was like, “Dad I love this. Oh, yeah. I love this mattress.” I like rolling on the bed at night now as opposed to the old-style mattress. I already recommended it to a couple of people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a hand-me-down bed from somebody who had it for a long time. It was time to purchase a new one so we got a king mattress and a foundation bed set from Zinus. We like their price point and the convenience of buying from them. My fiance and I were asking ourselves shouldn't we lie on the bed before buying it but I convinced my him that they're all gonna be the same and we'll just get one that's firm. The mattress was super firm when we first got it and the one that we had before was extremely soft so we weren't used to the new mattress. But now that we’ve broken it in and slept on it for a month or two, it's way better. We also just needed to let our backs adjust. Now, my fiance sleeps a lot better because there's not so much disturbing each other from moving.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently bought a 13-inch queen size foam mattress and a bed frame from Zinus that were shipped to my son. It was for my wife and I so that we will have a bed to sleep in that's a little more comfortable when we visit him in Texas. I was going to buy the mattress, which was made by Zinus, from Costco but they only have one version of this mattress and I wanted to know all that Zinus had besides what Costco had. So, I went directly to Zinus and bypassed Costco. In ordering online, there was always a lot of confusion when you try to talk to somebody about getting all the facts and I'm a facts person. Also, communicating with the live communications is sometimes a little difficult but other than that it was a reasonably good experience. We have slept on the mattress and it was comfortable and very satisfactory.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have the Memory Foam 12-inch Pressure Relief mattress from Zinus, Inc. It's the greatest bed I have ever had and as soon as I get my second bedroom cleared out, I will be ordering another one. I've never ordered anything like that online so it took me several attempts at looking at the website and trying to make up my mind if I was going to select. Once I decided, it was very easy to order it. I also bought the upholstered frame from them and that was fantastic too because it's beautiful.

I had a Softside waterbed for 30 years and when I was getting ready to move from Florida to North Carolina, I ended up getting rid of that bed to make the room look better to sell the house. So I slept on my daughter's queen sized bed in my master bedroom down there and it was horrible. For about four or five months all I did was complain. And I got a Serta bed at Sam's, kept it for three months and it was horrible too. Then I got the Zinus and it was like a hug. I've had a lot of aches and pains because I'm older than dirt and the support from the bed is just perfect. I start to melt into it when I first lay down then the support is there. So it's like sleeping on a cloud. I sleep better also. I love that bed and I'd recommend it to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I chose to purchase a king size hybrid bed from Zinus because of the quality and price. I owned my previous bed for about eight years so it was worn out and the new one's much better. It was heavy to bring in the house, but once you get by that it was easy. It has been great. Since using my Zinus bed I'm sleeping much better.

I would have to admit that shopping for a mattress was full of worry and anticipation. I checked social media, watched Youtube, went by several stores, read bunches of reviews and checked prices. I finally choose to buy a mattress online. More research and worry. MY ZINUS HYBRID MATTRESS IS AWESOME. SLEEP. REST. FEELING BETTER. GREAT 5 STAR purchase. THANKS ZINUS.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our other foam mattress was hard and it was causing back problems so we decided to buy a new mattress. We're looking for a foam mattress that wasn't quite so hard. We knew that The Purple and the regular Tempur-Pedic were too much money and we heard that Zinus had a good rating and slept well is what we had read. So, we decided to give it a try since it had the money back guarantee for life. We also bought mattresses for our kids. During delivery, they just dropped the mattresses off so I had to leg them up the stairs and our mattress was heavy. However, since we got the new mattress, the pain in our lower backs and hips was reduced. When I landed in this new mattress, it sinks and it is comfy and cozy. Unlike the old one that was very firm and was awful. I'm happy with the mattress so I haven't returned it, and I'd recommend Zinus.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We are not happy with the last Zinus bed I ordered because I thought it was the same bed I ordered just before that. The last one I ordered was much softer than the one that I ordered before. I called Zinus back and I tried to return it, but then they told me that I have to take it to the donation. It says free return but it’s not really free because I cannot donate since it’s not a mattress that I can roll over, put in my car and take somewhere. It’s a big mattress and I'd need to have a car and nobody comes and picks up from the apartment.

That is another reason that we get online orders, so that we don’t have to worry about the extra shipping or another shipping expense, since it was already included when I ordered from Zinus. Then now, when I want to return it, they’re asking me that I need to take it back. That doesn’t seem very right to me. That’s why I ended up using the bed. But that was the worst part. I am more happy with the frame than the mattress. I also referred one of my friends to Zinus and she also bought another frame and bed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom bought a Zinus mattress for me. She thought it was affordable and she liked the features shown online. Having used Zinus, it's much better than my previous bed and my back doesn't hurt anymore. I've had a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a bed frame and a mattress from Zinus. The price and the good reviews online were the reasons I went with them. The bed was really easy to set up and the instructions were straightforward. I had to put the bed together before I did the mattress and I had everything done within an hour. It was really good. So far, my new bed is way better than my old bed of seven years and the quality is great. I looked at lots of mattresses that were about the same quality but were way more expensive. Overall, I'd recommend Zinus.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Zinus bed is better than any bed I've ever had and I'm absolutely elated. I got two beds, two queen bed frames, and the 8-inch memory foam mattresses and I like the fact that I could have them delivered. I was relocating from Virginia to Florida, wanted to get everything shipped and it saved me a good bit of money. If there was one complaint, it's because they got to ship me here a little too soon but I was able to work that out with FedEx. They were fantastic and the entire experience was phenomenal. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had our king size hybrid bed, half memory foam and half-spring, for a couple of months now. We chose it for the price and it was an easy mattress purchasing experience. The best part was the shipping where I didn't have to go out to the store. I had it delivered to my house and it was cheaper. Also, the mattress is way better than the bed I had before which was more than 10 years old. With the mattress I have now, my back does not hurt when I get up, it's very spacious, and is much bigger. I love the memory foam on it too. It hasn't worn out and we haven't had any permanent indentations where sometimes if you lay on one side, the indention stays. It has held really well so far and it's been an amazing experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a memory foam from Zinus when it was time to get a new bed and everything went well. I chose it for its cost. It's good and it exceeds my expectations.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was on Amazon and I was just going through the box beds that come in the mail. I scoured through reviews and Zinus had the highest reviews for everything. The price point was also incredible. I couldn't believe that the mattress was $350 as opposed to Casper which was $800. I didn't want to spend that kind of money for a first time non-spring mattress so that's definitely why I decided to go with Zinus. I ordered straight from the website and then I unpackaged it and then right away, it started coming up. The whole mattress was already up in about a day, so it was really quick. I slept on it that night. The reason that I got the 12-inch Green Tea foam mattress is because I sleep on my stomach. I had my old bed for about six years but it doesn't compare. My new mattress is way better. It's more comfortable than any other spring mattress I've slept on and I'm very happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was a spur-of-the-moment thing when we decided to order from Zinus, Inc. We're talking about getting a new bed and I was looking online. Then I saw good reviews for and we went for a 13-inch memory foam with gel. We are absolutely thrilled from the shipping to the product. The online ordering process was really easy, how the customer service when I talked to them was great, the shipping was on time and everything was delivered as promised. We're extremely happy.

Compared to our old bed, it's like floating on a cloud on this one. It's perfect and incredibly comfortable. Also, I've had a lot less back and hip pain since we got it. I get a better night's sleep and overall, well-rested. My wife says the same thing. And it's great because when somebody gets up to go to the bathroom and one of the pets jumps up on it, we don't notice. I've recommended this to some friends and at least one guy's already purchased one and loves it himself. If we need another new bed, any time in the future, we're going with them. I also checked the Better Business Bureau on Zinus and they have an A+ rating which is not given to a lot of companies.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought a mattress and a frame through Zinus for our son. I went to their site, looked at several kinds of mattresses and the size of them because our son is tall already and went with the king size. I have also always wanted to try one of those steel frames and we like it. The process was easy. I pressed on what I wanted and was taken straight to the place I ordered it. The delivery was fine too and they even brought my items in my house which was good. We then put the bed together and our son really loves it. He said it was comfy and exhilarating. We'd recommend this.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a bed and the whole frame with the headboard from Zinus and it was fine for the most part. It had a tear in the headboard and it definitely happened in the delivery process because there's a hole in the box and then into the actual headboard. We found out when it was already assembled and the bed was on it. I would have gotten a new headboard but they told me it was going to take months and I got rid of the old bed already and I'm not gonna sleep on the floor. So, it was easier to take the 20% discount they gave me on the actual product. They said they already did it, and they put it in their system and that was about a month ago but I'm still waiting for it to be reflected on my bill. Also, I wish they give a longer try out period because they only give 40 days and this other company gives 6 months. But it's a good product and the bed and the frame are fine. It's a good overall experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved to a new place and didn't feel like paying the moving cost of taking all the old stuff with me. So, I wanted to go brand new and Zinus was a bed that a friend of mine had purchased online. He explained the ease to it all and the delivery system. I tried his bed out and it was really good. I ended up buying a king size mattress and bed frame. It's a great bed. I've also recommended it to a few other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went on Google looking for mattress and I found Zinus. I read good reviews and their prices were good so I went with them. I purchased a queen mattress and two twin mattress with boxes for each mattress. I made the order on the end of December and we got it on the 10th of January. However, when I used the queen mattress, I suffered from lower back pain. But when I tried to sleep on the twin mattress, it's more comfortable and I'm not suffering from any pain. I'm trying to find someone to donate the mattress in order to get a refund and purchase a hybrid one from Zinus, Inc. but nobody accepts the mattress without the box. And when I contacted them and we talked about the return policy, they won't refund me the box. Nonetheless, it's a good experience overall and the delivery was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased an iCoil bed and the headboard from Zinus, Inc. and I just love it. It's 150% better and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I would totally endorse their product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The price and packaging of Zinus products were good. I got two 12-inch mattresses, one is a king Pressure Relief and the other one is a queen memory foam. My old bed is quite firm but Zinus is more plush. I get a feeling that I'm sinking in the mattress, but sometimes it's causing me back pain like I used to have with the bed I owned for three years. Other than that, I like that the queen mattress is really firm even though it's not pressure relief.

Zinus, Inc Company Profile