Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Zinus, Inc

Zinus, Inc
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Zinus, Inc Reviews

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I purchased a Zinus steel box-spring to support my Avocado mattress but it started to fail within a year and went on to fail catastrophically, destroying my mattress and topper, as well. Avocado was very responsive and replaced my mattress but I could not risk using a Zinus produce again, so I asked for a refund. Instead of standing behind their product, they hid behind a policy they wrote themselves. If you value your back, your bed, your money, and your emotional equilibrium, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ZINUS.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

We've purchased 2 mattresses (12 inch firm Queen size), 1 was uneven in firmness, lumpy, immediately, the other one was ok until now (6 months old). Contacted the warranty dept, regarding the first one within a month, they had me take pictures, & more pictures, & then even more pictures, then after a month or so of communication, they turned down the claim, not sure how they could determine the different levels of firmness from pictures, asked for a on site inspection, won't communicate anymore. So will be going to small claims court as soon as I find their corporate information, as a matter of principle. They offer a 100 satisfaction guarantee which apparently means nothing.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Unless you don’t plan on sleeping for 3-4 weeks I would not purchase any mattress from Zinus. I ordered a mattress 3 weeks ago and it still hasn’t been delivered after calling Zinus and Fedex numerous times. Every time all they say is “we apologize and we’ll do our best to get it to you by tomorrow”. And yet still no mattress 10 “tomorrows” later. Well FINALLY I receive my mattress and it arrives in terrible condition with box torn and plastic wrapping halfway ripped. I called customer service and used the online website and all I got was a “I’m sorry”. Worst online shopping experience I’ve ever had. Would not recommend this website to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I love these beds. They easy to put together. They are high off the ground so your feet can fit under to make the bed. They are well packaged and can be taken apart and all parts fit into the headboard if you need to remove the bed or move. They ship fast. They are always in perfect condition. But this time, Lee Youn Jae has scored the score of the decade. This bed included a RATCHET!!!! YES!!!! Imagine the time saved!!!! We were actually in awe after years of using those little wrenches that take forever to screw in a screw. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I bought a Zinus mattress. It became DEFECTIVE and still under warranty. In fact, it's the second time I tried to seek assistance. I complied with everything asked of me. I took the pictures, etc. Zinus tells me because I did not have the receipt they could NOT help me. That receipt was mailed into them when I sought relief for the first mattress that clearly was defective. They do not understand this. I file a complaint against Zinus with the BBB. But they REFUSE to respond to the BBB. My dealings with ZINUS gets a THUMBS DOWN. In the meantime I have filed a complaint with the CA Attorney General's Office and at the time of the writing they are looking into my concerns. STILL SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR. THANKS ZINUS, NOT.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I was really excited when the mattresses arrived. I waited 72 hours to open the two rolled up spring mattresses that I ordered per the instructions on the outer box. After pulling the rolled up mattresses out of the box, there were no instructions to be found. My sister and I started to cut it open. I then noticed a sticker on the bottom and bent down to read it. Just as I read the words “high pressure” the mattress exploded from roll to flat in less than 1.5 seconds. It happened so fast all I recall is fighting back to avoid hitting my head but I lost all control. I knocked me 4-5 feet across the room whilst trampling me.

I penetrated my neck with a knife and hit my head on the wall. It was very scary and to this day I’m very thankful our two toddlers did not coming running by from the other room. Zinus was contacted twice with no real resolution. I begged them to add warnings and instructions to their packaging to avoid a situation that could be worse similar or worse than mine. They didn’t seem to care and I was never contacted after making those calls.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

In August 2018, I purchased the Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch/Premium/Cloud-like Mattress, Queen size; the product has a 10-year warranty (replacement or pro-rated refund), per terms of purchase with properly supported base and mattress protector. Due to the poor construction of materials, the mattress began breaking down, contributing to significant back pain and loss of sleep within the past 14-months, well under the product’s warranty, and was releasing fiberglass particles into my home.

On October 11, 2019, I purchased a new mattress to replace the faulty Zinus mattress, and began the claims process with Zinus, informing them in advance that their product was being removed from my home, along with screenshots of verification from my building management that the mattress would be removed (at my own expense), screenshots of my order (both the new mattress and of their product), pictures of the faulty mattress with the protector and tags, and information on the Zinus brand support system and separate mattress protector required to maintain warranty.

The support representative did not review my submitted documentation, and responded with a canned general response asking for all of the information again, to which I requested further review. The representative “Michael” claimed he had reviewed the information and was aware of my request. I sent the original invoice purchase order as requested after twelve additional additional exchanges. Well after the mattress was recycled and removed from my home at my own expense (the company was aware of this), they requested additional photos of the mattress on 10/23/2019, days after removal.

On they requested the same photos previously submitted for a third time, and I informed them I would be submitting a complaint due to the handling of their warranty and faulty product after their failure to acknowledge and address my prorated refund under warranty after several emails and (12) items of documentation submitted. After sixteen exchanges, the representative refused to submit my warranty claim because of the mattress removal from home—I believe they did this purposefully to avoid issuing the pro-rated refund. Hundreds of individuals have similar complaints with this product.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I bought a Zinus twin mattress (Night Therapy 10" Supreme Pillow Top Spring Mattress - Twin) through Sam's Club online. It arrives rolled into a tight bundle, one unwraps the bundle and allows the mattress to "plump" into shape for 48-7s hours. One side of the mattress NEVER "plumped" and sags down about 2 inches. The mattress claims to be "very supportive." IT IS NOT SUPPORTIVE. I sank into the mattress right away. Aching back every morning.. I couldn't figure out how to file a return to Sam's Club, since I live about a hundred miles away with no way to transport a mattress. I left an unfavorable review on Sam's Club and Zinus contacted me, saying they would be happy to help me (they are not happy), since it was already past time to return it to Sam's Club.

This mattress is under 10-year warranty. I filed a complaint with Zinus on June 20, 2019. It is now October 15, 2019. I have made at least 3 complaint tickets and there are currently 29 pages of emails between Zinus and myself, with multiple requests for pictures -- including shots with rulers, even though the sagging can plainly be seen without rulers. Each time I take a picture I have to take the bedding apart and put it back together, which includes the mattress warmer which must be fastened over the bottom of the mattress, so mattress must be turned over. This results in my having sciatica for at least 2 days following that. They refused to reply to my complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I have told them if they asked for another picture, I will sue them for their obstruction and refusal to deal with my complaint. They DON'T need another picture to see the sagging. And, yet, today they asked for another picture. Worst customer support ever!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I ordered this mattress on September 3. As of September 28, FedEx tracking shows it has not even left the facility, so I’m guessing it won’t be arriving anytime soon. The website says that delivery will be 5-17 business days. In this day and age I can’t even imagine why it would take a month to receive a delivery. It’s not like it’s a custom made item. I will never order from this company again and if possible will cancel my order.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Haven't received the product yet, but it's been 2 weeks and my shipment of mattress cannot be tracked. Only response from support is wait 2 more days and this is happening for 3 times. Hopefully product would be good, but Shipping Experience is worst.

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Zinus expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Zinus originally produced comfort-oriented outdoor products, including tents, sleeping bags and portable furniture. The company turned to indoor comfort products in 2003. Its innovative mattresses have pressure-relief and cooling features. Customers can browse online, and financing is available.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size mattresses start at around $200.

• Types of mattresses: Memory foam, coil spring or hybrid memory foam and coil spring mattresses are available.

• Trial period: Zinus provides a 100-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Customers enjoy a 10-year limited warranty that applies to all mattresses purchased new from an authorized retailer.

• Additional products: Mattress toppers, platforms, frames and foundations, plus sofas and loveseats, are also available.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Zinus, Inc Company Information