2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Zinus, Inc

Zinus, Inc
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Zinus, Inc Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus, Inc?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: May 8, 2020

I have the 10” Zinus mattress & it’s great for back & side sleepers. Every night since I’ve got my mattress has been amazing, I’ve been relieved of my frequent back pain and get a good nights rest daily.

Original review: May 6, 2020

The entire transaction was quick and pleasant. The mattress, a California king by Zinus, is the most comfortable mattress I have ever owned. The customer service is great. Very Eco-friendly packaging.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2020

My husband is a BIG man and needed a new mattress where he could sleep comfortably and still be supported. He wanted to try the memory foam with cooling gel. I found the Zinus to be the cheapest buy and not too sure it was going to work out for him, went with the cheapest. However it is great! He loves it and is sleeping better and actually supports all of his weight plus he is remaining comfortably cool unlike the traditional mattresses that get too warm after laying on it in the same place too long. Very pleased and am going to make my next mattress in the other rooms the same. Much cheaper than your traditional mattresses and easy to handle. Great company and speedy shipping!

Original review: April 23, 2020

This mattress feels soft while still being solidly made and giving support. It's a king size extra firm and feels like a luxury mattress. It has a foam layer over the coils so you cannot feel the coils at all. We got it 4 years ago and it still feels great. There's little motion feel so one sleeper doesn't overly disturb the other when moving.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I love these beds. They easy to put together. They are high off the ground so your feet can fit under to make the bed. They are well packaged and can be taken apart and all parts fit into the headboard if you need to remove the bed or move. They ship fast. They are always in perfect condition. But this time, Lee Youn Jae has scored the score of the decade. This bed included a RATCHET!!!! YES!!!! Imagine the time saved!!!! We were actually in awe after years of using those little wrenches that take forever to screw in a screw. Thank you!

Original review: June 24, 2020

Purchased what was supposed to be a plush 10" memory foam mattress. After unpacking and decompressing for several days, the mattress remained rock hard.

After examining closely, turns out they sent me an inner-spring mattress, instead of the all memory foam mattress I ordered. I tried calling several times, but nobody ever answers. Tried using chat on their website, nobody ever answers. Filled out customer service form, nobody ever answers. Sent several emails, that finally got answered, but the replies had nothing to do with my problem. This went on for over a week and is still going on to this day, three weeks later. I get alternating form-letters that have nothing to do with my problem. Probably going to end up starting a chargeback with my credit card company. Horrible experience, horrible product, horrible company. Stay away from Zinus and read the online reviews about the mold, chemical smells, and fiberglass shards.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I placed an order on May 18-never received a confirmation. Called on 20th took for every for anyone to find me an order number. On the 27th still no confirmation of shipping, etc, but the debited my account for the $728. Finally talked to someone via chat (no one answered support #) said could not tell me when would be shipped-canceled order will never order from that company again-if they were going to use the Pandemic as excuse for shipping, that should have be communicated during the order process-not after they had all my monies. I refuse (even during Pandemic FedEx and UPS have not stopped delivering) to wait 20 days or longer for a 700 order.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I can't really review the quality of the product I ordered because I never actually got what I ordered. I ordered a king sized platform bed frame, got the twin size. I initially was pretty understanding because mistakes happen, but instead of offering to send the correct item they wanted me to send back the incorrect item in order for them to even start the refund and they still did not offer to send me what I ordered. Support over the phone said I would get my refund before they received the incorrect item but they didn't issue me a refund and the email support ignored me and didn't apologize.

I contacted their support about this problem about 3 weeks ago and between them and shipping they are finally issuing my refund. The support is absolutely useless. I went to Tuft and Needle and ordered another bed frame and their frame shipped with a bit of damage and they immediately are sending out the parts to fix it and even issued a partial refund, which I did not even ask for, before Zinus started theirs. Do not go with Zinus because you will regret it if something goes wrong, which is probably often with larger furniture and Zinus in general.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I purchased a Zinus steel box-spring to support my Avocado mattress but it started to fail within a year and went on to fail catastrophically, destroying my mattress and topper, as well. Avocado was very responsive and replaced my mattress but I could not risk using a Zinus produce again, so I asked for a refund. Instead of standing behind their product, they hid behind a policy they wrote themselves. If you value your back, your bed, your money, and your emotional equilibrium, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ZINUS.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

We've purchased 2 mattresses (12 inch firm Queen size), 1 was uneven in firmness, lumpy, immediately, the other one was ok until now (6 months old). Contacted the warranty dept, regarding the first one within a month, they had me take pictures, & more pictures, & then even more pictures, then after a month or so of communication, they turned down the claim, not sure how they could determine the different levels of firmness from pictures, asked for a on site inspection, won't communicate anymore. So will be going to small claims court as soon as I find their corporate information, as a matter of principle. They offer a 100 satisfaction guarantee which apparently means nothing.

Zinus author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Zinus originally produced comfort-oriented outdoor products, including tents, sleeping bags and portable furniture. The company turned to indoor comfort products in 2003. Its innovative mattresses have pressure-relief and cooling features. Customers can browse online, and financing is available.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size mattresses start at around $200.

• Types of mattresses: Memory foam, coil spring or hybrid memory foam and coil spring mattresses are available.

• Trial period: Zinus provides a 100-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Customers enjoy a 10-year limited warranty that applies to all mattresses purchased new from an authorized retailer.

• Additional products: Mattress toppers, platforms, frames and foundations, plus sofas and loveseats, are also available.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Zinus, Inc Company Information