Zinus, Inc

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Compare Mattresses

Research top Mattresses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I ordered a Zinus memory mattress and bed frame (5 yr warranty on frame) from Amazon, back on 10/05/2016. A couple months ago, the frame literally broke - snapped at one of the joints. I've been trying to get warranty support to no avail. I have tried emailing them twice at customerservice@zinusinc.com. No response at all. I have now called them twice, and waited. Nobody answered, and I did not leave a voicemail, as it appears to be futile, based on other's experience. This is possibly the worst customer service I have ever experience.

This is what you are suppose to get from Zinus. A good order and delivered product in 2 days processing and 4 or 5 total business days delivered. What you get is company that will gladly promise you the world. Order was processed in two days, they wanted my money. Shipping label was created. 4 business days later half the order was given to FedEx. Status of the rest of the order, label created. FedEx can't deliver it if they aren't given it.

This company cannot spell customer service. I think all they have is a phone number. If you call during their business hours the first thing you get is, "We are closed." If you stay on the line, you are supposed to be transferred to a customer service representative, all that will happen is you will shortly be hung up on. So you can't contact the company if there is a order problem.

Heaven forbid if you need a warranty service. GOOD LUCK!! Maybe their mattresses are good. I don't know, can't even get it delivered, to my daughter. The worse part is she will not have anyone to help her with it by the time they decide to get off their butts and ship it, as promised. If they ship it. I don't even know that is going to happen, no customer service ever available. A frame without a mattress is pretty useless. My experience from the start with this company has not been pleasant. I was going to purchase some other beds, yes plural, but I don't think it will ever happen with this company. Any company can promise the world, but I can already see Zinus isn't capable of delivering their promises.

I don't even have to exaggerate the problems I have had ordering from this company. The facts are simply: I ordered this product and a frame to match on August 9. As of August 22 I had no contact from Zinus in any way, and no product had yet arrived. Of course, they had billed me the cost of the products within 48 hours of ordering. When I finally called customer support to see why I hadn't received anything they simply said there was a 'problem' with processing because the products they were advertising were not actually in stock and had to be backordered. My order had never actually been in stock. They've offered me a refund in full, but it will take even longer until I receive that much. Don't get ripped off, go buy a mattress from some other vendor.

I ordered a frame for a platform bed which arrived in damaged packaging and missing the legs, hardware and center support. I have sent emails and left messages for days with no response. I apparently have a product I cannot use, no way to return it and no resolution.

I recently placed an order for a 4" box spring, and have only had my order in the "processing" zone. I recently moved to a new home, and currently have my mattress just on the floor, and this is just unbelievable! I have tried 5-6 times calling their customer service line, and tried about the same on the online chat and have NOT gotten through. I have even tried just calling to cancel the order so I can purchase a box spring in person but can't get through there either! I will certainly not be recommending this company to anyone, regardless of the quality of the box spring. The amount of time I have wasted on waiting for these people to get back to me is unacceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

One week ago today (June 13) I received a very damaged 4" Queen Bi-fold box spring. I called the customer service number to ask what I needed to do to return this item and get a replacement. I was told to take pictures, send my name, invoice number, shipping address and phone number. I did all of the above immediately. I have yet to hear from anyone about this issue. I have called several times and have not been able to get a customer service representative leaving 2 messages. Yesterday I was lucky enough to speak to a lady who told me that I should receive an email by that afternoon and if I did not by 2:30 p.m. pacific time to call back. Well of course I did not receive an email and I did not have time to call back. This morning I called again and of course could not get anyone to answer the customer service line.

Needless to say it is ridiculous to not even get a confirmation stating that you all received my email and letting me know what will be done about the damaged box spring. I would like to receive a replacement but I am pretty much at the point wanting a refund to take my business elsewhere. Pitiful customer service to say the least. I will give this another day or two and if I don't hear back from someone I am going to dispute the charges on my credit card and put the damaged box spring at the road for the garbage people to pick up!

I have bought this mattress a year ago through Wal-Mart. In the Wal-Mart website when one searches for Spa Sensations Memory Foam Mattress in the product description states that the mattresses has a 10 year warranty. I had a few issues with my mattress and decided to give Zinus, Inc. a call to see if I could get a replacement unit. I would call in the morning, afternoon even in the evening before they close and no one would answer. If you want proof, dial their customer service number wait 5 mins and 25 secs and the automated system will tell you that there no agent at this time and to leave a message and someone will call you back. No one called. I been trying for weeks to get a response, even through e-mail.

Finally, I got someone to answer, this first agent told me that in order for me to get a replacement unit I needed to call this following telephone number. 1888-746-7226, if you call that number the system says "this call cannot be completed as dialed." I did research on this phone number and of course this phone number does not exist. Suspicious? I think so. I call back after 6-7 more times of calling, got a second agent, this person said that I had to donate my mattress to Goodwill if it was not working properly. Why? So then, I asked him to verify the telephone number that I was given for the warranty, the agent said "the correct telephone number is 1-888-746-7726."

When I dialed this number it takes me to the Sam's Club credit card services number. I do not know what this company is trying to pull. I EVEN called Wal-Mart's customer service to get some information, they could not get in contact with the company. They even had a direct number and when dialed the representative told me that the number is no longer in service. If someone, is thinking a buying a mattress or any other product from this company, my recommendation to you is to go somewhere else. If you want proof try calling their service number. No one will answer. If someone does however, try asking about their warranty, you will be suspicious of what you hear. I feel that I got scammed from this Zinus company. Lesson well learned.

Consumer Increased Rating!

They offered to help pay for the mattress, Chris and Jeon were very helpful. They're the only reason to raise to 2 stars. Still doesn't absolve the 4wk long ordeal to get a mattress. With the constant call-ins to both Zinus, FedEx, emails -I'm not sure what's going on. They should at least switch to another carrier.

Sandy of Houston, TX on

Original Review

Ordered a new mattress from Zinus directly instead of Amazon for my fractured tailbone. Regretting it now. Basically, they have order issues from Memorial Day weekend, offers 2 free memory foam pillows (never received), then somehow FedEx sends mattress BACK to shipper as per SHIPPER'S REQUEST (??). I call back. They offer expedited mattress to a clarified apt# I provided, then saying I'll have confirmation email. I call back next day because no confirmation email received. They say wait 1 more day. I waited 3, called back again, spoke to supervisor. Supervisor said they'll call FedEx and call me back, never did. I'm beyond frustrated at this point, not to mention the back pain.

I have a 14-inch Zinus dual mattress, like foam and coil and it's great. I love it. The mattress is real comfortable and so far, durable. I'm getting a better night's sleep with it, and it's pretty good with not transferring motion so when my girlfriend wakes up, it doesn't wake me up like the old bed did. I also got a mattress frame and it's sturdy, looks good and durable as well.

But the shipping was one of my only bad experiences with it. The mattress was delayed, and when I picked it up, I had to go to the FedEx store and the box was completely disintegrated so portions of the box were completely missing. I would have definitely contacted them if there was any damage to the mattress but it was fine because it was wrapped in a durable plastic. Basically, I just threw out the box because it wasn't doing anything and then just manhandled the mattress to the jeep. But overall, it was a quick process. It was easy to order and the prices were competitive.

I purchased seven beds and bed platforms from Zinus for a vacant house, which I set up as an Airbnb or vacation home rental. I went with Zinus because of the pricing and the great reviews on them. The beds were delivered on time and the service was great. I was able to sleep on the beds for a couple of days and they were super comfortable. I’m happy and very satisfied and have recommended Zinus to several people.

We love Zinus. It’s the best mattress I've ever slept on. My wife picked out a king size and then a queen and memory foam and then there were platform snap-together frames and we're really happy with them. The deal was very good. For both beds, the price was $800 with the platforms so it was a really good price. Zinus is who you want to deal with if you want to purchase something. They're excellent.

My mattress did not rise up to 12'' as promised. I wanted a replacement. I've provided all of the required info & emailed/contacted them 10 times without success. They will respond to the first email, but after they tell you to contact their "customer service". You'll go around in a circle. Avoid this company!

We have a summer-like cottage home that we just purchased and we were setting it up to have four bedrooms with some bunk beds in it to accommodate a lot of people so we bought 10 mattresses and a bedframe from Zinus. I looked at some of the reviews of Zinus then ended up buying a queen size version initially just to try it. I was pleased with the product and how it felt so we went ahead and made the purchase of the rest. We’ve had a couple of situations where we’ve had friends and family over and everything's been great with the mattresses. The frame was also very good and sturdy. We purchased the king size frame that was sort of the platform bedframe and it worked out perfectly. Shipping was fast and we got them as promised. Everything worked out great.

Prior to Zinus, we owned a bed for about 10 years. I then decided to get a hybrid mattress from Zinus because of the reviews I saw and its pricing. It's all right. But, it's not as good as the one that I had before. Other than that, everything was fine. It was a simple and straightforward experience. It's comfortable and I am sleeping better than I was since my mattress just died.

Received the mattress but did not receive the box spring I ordered. Called and emailed the company with NO response. Customer service is awful. I feel like I am getting shafted. I am still yet to hear from someone from the company.

We are sorry for this experience. We have sent your box spring to you today with overnight service. I apologize that we did not have a record of your complaint.

I bought a new bed from Zinus along with the Extra Performance Spring mattress. I've owned my previous bed for around four years and Zinus is better, quality-wise, and they have an excellent service. It's very easy to set up, sturdy and comfortable and my experience with it was good. Keep up the good work.

A year and a half ago, I was in a car accident and broke my back. I opted not to have surgery on my broken back and shattered leg. I worked third shift and I spend a lot of my time in the morning throughout the early day in the bed sleeping and the bed I had was really awful so I decided that I needed to do something for me so that I was more comfortable and bought the bed. I bought a queen size frame and mattress with the inner coiled springs from Zinus and never regret that money I spent on this bed. I have it for about two months now.

I got onto it on the first night even though I was supposed to let it rest for 24 hours and it was phenomenal. I don't have the numbness that I have. I'm a side sleeper and it's really fantastic for it. It doesn't push in the spots that it's not supposed to. Because of those injuries to my left leg, my right hip takes all of my weight. They're actually talking about fusing my ankle because I have no motion in it so the little bit of motion I have creates a lot of pain so I walk with a cane and my right hip takes all of my weight. That's the side I sleep on and the other bed was causing a lot of pinching and I couldn't get comfortable but this one eases support where it's the whole hip, not just one area where it created so much pain.

I spend all my time in my room now. And I also have three kids and my son has decided he's not sleeping on his mattress anymore so he sleeps with mom. The only downside to the whole bed that I can see is my son is very restless at night and he has not figured out how to turn over in it. People would just kind of roll. And that's what he does. He winds up over on my side. I'm like, "Dude, you're 10. Get over it. You have to get on your side of the bed." But this was one of the best purchases I made.

I even recommended it to my ankle doctor. He and his wife were actually talking about buying a new one. I told him, "It can't hurt to check it out because if you don't like it, there's a warranty on it. They'll take it back and it's so worth it." And when you can recommend something to your doctor that makes me have a lot of confidence in the bed I purchased. I had been all over town looking at ones that prop me up in mattress outlets. I was looking at $3,000 to get a mattress and can't do it so I started to look for it online. I had looked at a Helix and a couple of other ones out there and this one gives me the opportunity to check it out, see if I liked it and I cannot say enough good things about this bed.

Also, it was here exactly at the date that they said it would. I actually waited. It was on my porch and I'm like, "All right let's get it in the house." My 10 year old and I pushed the frame in the house and I left the box out with the mattress out on the porch because I knew I couldn't lift it. And my daughter's boyfriend came over and he helped me get it in and set up. I never actually spoke to anyone. Didn't have the need to. But when I needed, the website was phenomenal and the questions on what I would need and the tiny space, they give dimensions. Everything on the site was exactly as they said it was. It was a good experience with Zinus. And it's continued to be a great experience.

I wanted to try something different and was interested to see a mattress arriving in a box instead of as they normally arrive. And Zinus was a new company with a novel idea. It wasn’t until after I received the mattress that I was able to determine it was made in China so who knows what they put inside of it to create the firmness of the mattress. The spring mattress is firmer than what I would have ever anticipated but I’m adjusting to it. It felt like sleeping on the street due to how firm it is.

I’ve had to change how I sleep and I’m thinking of getting a comforter to put on top of it because I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to get that thing to soften up. I got the one with the pillow top. For the money, it’s what I thought it would be. It cost $3,500 for the mattress and $600 for everything else. It’s an adequate product for the price. But I was wondering how to send it back if something goes wrong with it. I’m not going to be able to deflate that thing and put it in a box.

I was having some shoulder and knee pain on my old mattress that we had for 15 years. The old bed had seen better days and reached the end of its useful life. We liked the price of Zinus and we could return it if we didn't like our purchase so, we got one. We bought a 13-inch king size, memory foam gel mattress, and a gray fabric bed frame. We like our new bed and it’s meeting all our expectations. The pain I was having has gone away and overall, it has been easy and excellent experience with Zinus.

I bought a metal bedframe and a king size mattress from Zinus and then I bought two queens for my boys, as well. My boys love them and I really like it too because it’s a little firmer and I tend to sleep a lot better on it compared to my old bed. It’s meeting our expectations and it’s a good value, overall. Also, Zinus is easy to do business with.

I bought two mattresses and two beds with the frames from Zinus because of the reviews that I have read online and their price fits my budget. Shipping is really fast. We ordered on a Tuesday night and we got it on a Thursday. However, one of the wood platform bed base came chipped but we contacted them and they shipped out a new piece with a warranty within a week. The instructions were easy to follow and I was really happy with the purchase and my kids are really happy with the beds.

I purchased a hybrid mattress from Zinus, Inc. I wanted to try a hybrid. It was the cheapest on the market that I could find and it had good reviews. It was easy to set up. But, as far as sleeping on it, I'm still having some lower back issues. The memory foam gives a little too much right in my hip area so if I'm lying on my back, my butt sinks way too far and it makes my lumbar over curve. It's not quite as comfortable as I was hoping.

Online reviews on Zinus were good and they had the option of using a firm for a payment plan. We purchased a hybrid mattress, a bed frame and a couple of pillows. My husband set up the bed frame and he said it was heavy but he was able to do it on his own. I set up the mattress by myself which was also pretty heavy but I was able to do it following the directions. The new bed is much better and we’re happy so far. It didn’t really have a weird smell like a surgical smell and that was good.

We got the plain memory foam bed from Zinus three months ago. It came through the mail and we were able to get the box springs all within a relatively good price. Also, putting it together was easier than what we anticipated. It’s great and we love it. It took about a week to get used to but after that, it’s good. We sleep well and we’re happy with the price, value and quality.

I ordered this product online based upon the reviews from previous consumers. It has been nearly two weeks and I still have not received my mattress. I have called Zinus multiple times and nobody has returned my phone call. This is the fifth day without any type of contact or return phone call from Zinus. At this point I would like to cancel my order however I cannot do that because of the status of the current order. We will end up cancelling this order and sending the items back based upon their lack of customer service and follow through. In the meantime, for the past 2 weeks, I have over $500 on an order that I have not received and I cannot cancel.

I was looking around for some thick memory foam mattresses and price-wise, Zinus was very competitive and they offered free shipping. I bought two memory foam mattresses and two box springs. The old one was pretty much worn out and this is definitely much more comfortable. This is the first memory foam mattress so, it took a little getting used to, but we like it a lot right now. We're very happy with it. It's very comfortable getting a good night’s sleep and no complaints at all. We’re pleased with them and I’d buy them again.

It's been a great experience with Zinus so far. I purchased a memory foam from them because of their price and quality. Before I purchased my Zinus, I had a bed for five years. It is very bad compared to Zinus, and now I'm sleeping better. It's very good quality, and my husband feels warmer at night than with the other mattress we've had. He thinks that the memory foam retains more heat.

I use Zinus for my home and my business and I purchased from them for the convenience and price. I got the mattress and the frame and I'm happy with the overall product. However, it was too firm so I got the extra memory foam and they worked out just great.

We bought a couple of mattresses and some bed frames from Zinus because of the price. Compared to Tuft & Needle or Casper, they're affordable. It was really easy to unpack and assemble, as well. The instructions were straightforward and I put them together by myself. They're also comfortable and I'm more satisfied with it than my old bed. I also had called and spoke to the company to check about the warranty. The rep told me that I just need to keep my receipt since I purchased from the company online. And he was friendly and it was a good customer service. It has been an easy and great experience with Zinus. I would recommend them to a friend or family.

I had a fairly expensive Stearns and Foster mattress for seven years. It had gotten so old and it was hard to sleep on. I liked the price of Zinus and decided to get one. I got their best mattress, a king coil mattress. I've been using it for 10 months now and so far, I like it. It's very comfortable, nice and firm. I've been getting a good night's sleep.

I like the delivery process, as well. I just popped it open and it fits right on the bed. The only problem I had with it is the handles. If I try to pull the mattress spot to straighten it out on the bed, they seem to come loose. I'm hoping in the long term it doesn't misshape the mattress. I called customer service and the guy was very good. He was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. He said there's a 10-year warranty on the mattress and he described the process. He said that if something happens, I should take a picture, they'll replace it and have somebody donate the old one. Overall, it's been excellent. They did what they said they were going to do and they delivered a good product.

Zinus, Inc Company Profile