Zinus, Inc
1.53/5

Need a good mattress?

Zinus, Inc

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Need a good mattress?

322 Zinus, Inc Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought a Zinus mattress to go in my couch. The price was only like 99 dollars. It has great support and no springs and is cool and not hot. It also folds up into the couch nicely. I would recomend.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I really think I made a terrific choice in buying two of these mattresses. This mattress is comfortable and sturdy. I have had it three months and only in cold weather but it seems to be temperature pleasant!

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ordered a bed frame and mattress thru Costco. It arrived on time but my room remodel wasn't done so it was stored in my garage. When I did finally get to installing the bed I was impressed by the clear instructions, ease of assembly, and quality of the product. All tools and fasteners required were included. There were no flaws in the materials. The mattress had a slight odor, which is mentioned in several other reviews, but it dissipated in a few hours, and it's winter here, windows closed. I'm a furniture engineer and appreciate well designed and manufactured product. I will recommend this to friends.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I ordered the King-sized cooling hybrid mattress (memory foam on a mini-spring base) and have been blown away by the comfort and quality of sleep I have been getting. Keep in mind I am coming from a lower quality spring mattress from one of the big American retailers, but either way I did shop around and try out a Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number at a store in our local mall. My Zinus mattress is just as good (if not better) at a fraction of the price. I think I paid about $350 after a coupon which is unheard of for a king. I could not be happier. People complaining about the smell of the green-tea mattress need to air it out for a few days LIKE THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY. The cooling mattress I purchased did not have any unpleasant smell, only that it smelled like new shoes - not a bad thing to me.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Zinus fails on so many accounts - they did not deliver their product when they said they would (fine), but when asked for an update, their staff was anything but helpful. Asking me to do things I already did, making me wait 48 hours before a response. They raised their voice at me on the phone. My guests had to sleep on an air mattress because they missed their commitments, and their response was to give me a 10% discount and implied that's what I agreed to. They asked me to DM them on Instagram, which I did, to which they did not respond, and instead, they blocked me on Instagram.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I don't think I've ever written a review before in my entire life. My experience with Zinus customer service, however, has been so frustrating and so disorganized that I feel the need to open this Pandora's Box. Before I begin, I want to say that I have not yet received my mattress so I can't comment on the actual product's quality. My good friend bought from Zinus and loves her mattress. It's also one of the cheapest options for a foam mattress out there, so overall probably a good deal. If I didn't think so I wouldn't be here writing this review, because I would have given up on the company a long time ago.

That aside, though, I have had a thoroughly nightmarish experience with their customer service team. Three days after my expected delivery date went by the FedEx tracking page stopped updating altogether. I waited a few additional days, in case it was a glitch, but still no updates and no mattress. At that point, I contacted FedEx to see when the package would be arriving. They said it would come "tomorrow" for three consecutive days until they finally admitted the package had been lost (I could write a whole other review ranting about FedEx, but I won't bore you with that here). Throughout that entire week, from Monday-Friday (the week following the Wednesday the mattress was supposed to be delivered and the Friday that the tracking stopped updating), Zinus had no information for me. They told me to stay in contact with FedEx, because they had no idea what was going on.

Finally, on that Friday, FedEx declared the package lost and I sent the FedEx Claim No. to Zinus. They said they would escalate the issue to their "Tier 2" team and get back to me within 2 days. They never did. I called again to check on the status. On the phone they once again told me to wait for a response from the Tier 2 team. This time I asked to talk to someone in charge of the case. They said no one was available but one of them would call me back in an hour. Spoiler alert: no one did. I called back 3 hours later and finally got a hold of someone handling my case, only to have them tell me, finally, that they thought the package was lost. They sent me an email telling me to "stand by" for the tracking information for a replacement mattress, which I thought was promising. Of course, it's been three days since then, and I've received nothing.

Further correspondence with them has gotten me responses like "Please wait until the end of the day tomorrow for your tracking information" for three days straight. Long story short, their customer service blows. Big time. And if you made it to the end of this review without hating me (or at all), I commend you. I would hate me too if I saw me like this. TLDR Zinus customer service is destroying me day by day and plunging me into madness.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

We purchased a Zinus Cal King 12" gel foam hybrid mattress 2 months ago. We have 5-6 Cal King fitted sheet sets and none will stay on the ZInus mattress corners. When I contacted ZInus. They say my sheets (the Cal King) are the wrong size. First they said I needed a new mattress cover which we had bought brand new when the mattress was delivered. A Cal King cover. I usually have to pull the sheet corners back to cover the corners of the mattress at twice a night IF I don't want to sleep on crumpled up, wadded sheets. We have sheets from our old Cal King we got rid of when we purchased the ZInus mattress. Some are older than others and they all are different brand sheets bought at different online or local stores.

The Zinus customer reps deflected any input from me on that maybe the Zinus mattresses need a "certain sheet" and I wrote to see if they'd recommend a manufacturer that fits their mattresses. But, got no help other than make sure I bought a 84" x 72" inch sheets which is silly. That's what all Cal King sheets are. So, we're still wondering how to solve this. We just ordered sheet corner suspenders to try...for both the sheets and the mattress cover. We never had this problem with our old mattress we just gave up. So far, not a big fan of Zinus customer service. The mattress sleeps pretty comfortable...although I find myself sweating more than I did with our older mattress. I picked out the mattress saying it had a cooling gel in it. But, hmmm. Not so much.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I should have insisted on what I knew I really wanted. Like the mattress and frame, it is level firm just as I wanted, however, I wanted to order the taller frame and thicker mattress. Reason: All the blankets and coverlets that are made for the size mattress I have hang too low. Nothing fits without overhang flowing on the floor. I have to tuck it under or push the covers under the mattress, This has limited my options.. This happened because during ordering settings have a tendency to move from presets and or what you have chosen as I moved around the site making decisions. It was not till after the purchase did I realize the changes. I called immediately and they said it was already processed and could not be changed. Rather than go through the hassle Of returning I will keep this and purchase my next beds somewhere else.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Purchased a mattress topper, something that's not very expensive but still supposed to be warranted through the company. Less than a day in I noticed the topper was defective with tears in the foam, so instantly I got the email address from the inside information. Needless to say they have done nothing but give me the runaround about replacing. I provided photos of the item and the online shipping and order info as they don't seem to ship receipts with online order. Finally after a week I get a response saying they would be glad to help but I needed to provide better info and more info, so again I sent the same information. They replied that they needed a receipt, so again I explained that my purchase order online was my receipt, and now it's been another week and to my dismay, they have yet to respond again.

I have now since filed a complaint against the company with the BBB, not that it will do much good I'm sure, but whomever I am dealing with, does not respond to emails, and when they do they seem to repeat the same info. I have asked for a phone number to the company and they have failed to provide even that. Seems to me that if I could give them zero stars I certainly would. I don't think I have ever had an experience that was this bad regarding a warranty item ever in my life. And all I asked was for a simple replacement of an item that was under fifty bucks and they can't even do that. I definitely will never purchase anything that has their company name on it... Absolutely horrible customer service...

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I've reached out to their support expecting that they'll help me. Did had an exchange of email, but it seems like their support doesn't really know what she's doing (Jonalyn). It's a waste of time and will not bother reaching out to them in the future.

Zinus expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Founded in 1979, Zinus originally produced comfort-oriented outdoor products, including tents, sleeping bags and portable furniture. The company turned to indoor comfort products in 2003, and their innovative mattresses are available as memory foam, coil spring or hybrid memory foam and coil spring. Find Zinus beds online.

• Mattress accessories: In addition to mattresses, Zinus also manufactures and sells headboards, boxsprings, bases and frames, so you can perfectly match your mattress to your bed.

• Budget-friendly: Zinus mattresses are available for as low as $100, making them ideal for anyone who doesn’t have a lot of money to spend on their new mattress.

• Warranty: Zinus’s mattresses include a 10-year limited warranty.

• Hybrid option: There’s no reason to choose between memory foam and coil spring mattresses when you can have both. Zinus’s hybrid option fuses the two together so you can have the best of both worlds.

• Bunk bed options: Zinus’s Memory Foam five inch mattress is ideal for bunk beds and trundles. These mattresses are available in fun colors like blue and hot pink, making them a perfect fit for a kid’s bedroom.

• Best for: Zinus mattresses are best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Zinus, Inc Company Information