2. Homeowners
Zinus, Inc

Zinus, Inc

3.7/5 (353 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Zinus, Inc

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Zinus, Inc Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus, Inc?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: June 26, 2021

Zinus foam 8 inch and the 10inch mattress has been awesome. We bought the first two the first was the 8 inch and my son wanted one for his bed and he wanted to try the 10inch one. Both mattresses are wonderful to sleep on. Both are queen size mattress. I find that they are very easy to flip and if need be to move. Not very heavy at all.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I bought a Zinus green tea memory foam 6 years ago. It's still in perfect condition, the same for our bed frame Lottie Upholstered 5 years ago and recently two twin bedframes Suzanne! I paid 130$ for the twin bed, less than 300$ for the queen bed frame, and only 100$ for the Suzanne bed frames, there's nothing cheaper and as good quality on the Market. Their customer service is amazing, every time I asked for a return it went smooth without any hiccups, these people really make owning a bed easy, affordable and most importantly comfortable!!

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Best bed I ever had. So far it has lasted 6 years. Very affordable and I purchased it on Amazon dot com. Purchase 13 inch with a gel layered top for a cooler sleep. I would purchase it again. I think I would also get a.

Original review: June 1, 2021

I bought a mattress a few months ago. Unfortunately, last month the edge support memory foam completed tore/separated and is protruding out the side of my bed, leaving no edge support on the upper left side of the mattress. I woke up one morning kind of sunken in and then noticed the issue. For reference, I am a 5’11” 185 lbs male, so there is no reason for this to have occurred under normal sleeping conditions.

Luckily the bed is still under warranty and I reached out to Zinus customer service and put in a warranty claim. The response I received was that they no longer have this bed in stock and are unsure of when, or if, they will ever have it back in stock. So they are recommending to give me a pro-rated partial refund on a mattress I’ve had for only 7 months. This mattress is clearly in stock, according to their website and Amazon’s. It seems that they just do not want to replace it and hope to give a partial refund, leaving me to buy the mattress again at full price. It all just seems a bit scammy and unprofessional. So if you’re going to buy this, just go into it knowing that there may be manufacturing defects on this mattress with a sub-par warranty.

**UPDATE: Their customer service is completely a scam. You WILL NOT get a replacement mattress or any kind of refund. They send you in circle of requirements to needed to get anything processed and then deny any document you submit. I was asked to dispose of the mattress. I did, and I provided a receipt with all of their required info. It was still not accepted. I can’t re-dispose of the mattress in order to get a different receipt. Complete sham.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

This bed came with two popped nails! Very dangerous. I contacted customer support and after we had to pay for packaging ourselves, returned the bed to its warehouse. Two months later we finally got a check with $80 less of what we paid online at Walmart. They told us this was their prerogative. This kind of things MUST be clarified upfront guys because it turns into fraudulent behavior. We wouldn’t have returned the product if this was the case in the first place.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

***BUYER BEWARE*** READ THE FINE PRINT*** I ordered and received 34 mattresses and 15 mattress toppers from Zinus (through Amazon) in September 2020. I am a business owner. I own vacation rental units that I furnish. Out of the 49 Zinus items I purchased ONLY 20% were in good enough condition to be used. Of the 20% that expanded to their original size and look good they are horribly firm and uncomfortable. PLEASE read all the fine print before purchasing the Zinus mattresses and mattress toppers! On the main purchasing page of Amazon this is the verbiage. • Expertly packaged - Our technology allows this mattress to be efficiently compressed into one box that is easily shipped and maneuvered into the bedroom; simply unbox, unroll and this mattress do the rest, expanding to its original shape within 72 hours.

Which I understood it meant “once you open the mattress it takes 72 hours for it to expand to its maximum shape”. That is not the case!! IF you happen to find the teeny tiny little link labeled “Installation Manual” really far down the page it states… “Please remove from packaging within 72 hours of receipt to make sure your mattress can grow to its full potential.” We had many construction delays, and the mattresses did stay boxed up for a couple of months in a storage unit while we waited for the units to be complete. If Zinus would have properly disclosed the mattress requirements better, I would have definitely figured something else out and not left them boxed up. You would think that if it is a matter of 3 days that makes a mattress usable or unusable it would be WELL published.

I have spent HOURS on the phone with Amazon who stated they could not do anything, and I needed to contact Zinus. I then have spent countless hours on the phone with Zinus which got me nowhere other than a customer service email. I sent many emails to Zinus customer service since 12/23/2020 with pictures of all mattresses and toppers.

They have emailed me back, but each response takes days. They kept escalating the claim up the management ladder. I have requested a replacement for all the defective mattresses. I initially did not want a refund I just wanted mattresses I could use. At one point they told me they would replace them. Then many days later they said they did not have enough in stock to replace them. I find this odd that they do not have at least 11 King size mattresses in stock at any given time.

When I told them, I cannot wait for months on end to receive my replacements, since they are for a business and I need to start renting it out, they told me they would send me a “prorated” refund.

I am not sure why it would be prorated since I was still within the 100-night trial period. But either way I have received nothing! They told me they would send me a refund and the “refund department” would be getting a hold of me to set it up and I have heard NOTHING. I have emailed them numerous times to each person I dealt with along the way and none of them have responded to me in the last 16 days.

So as far as I am concerned Zinus has an 80% terrible product and their customer service wasted my time, and I did not receive reimbursement or replacement for my unusable products. I have purchased replacement mattresses from another company since I cannot wait any longer. I definitely DO NOT recommend Zinus or any of their products and I will never purchase from them again. I will be getting the word out as well to the many other rental owners I network with and letting them know of my experience. The pictures I have included are the mattresses and mattress toppers that had been unboxed for 3-4 weeks. That is all they expanded.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I purchased a mattress topper in May 2020. Now has a huge hole and several cracks in the egg crate part rendering useless. For information purpose, husband only weighs 110 lbs so should not have happened. Tried for a week to jump through their warranty hoops. A lot of emails, pictures, copy of Amazon invoice all not good enough. They insist on a non-existent PDF version of my invoice even sending me a broken link. They DO NOT want to honor their warranty. Contacted Amazon 6 days ago but their return policy only lasts one month leaving me to deal directly with this company but they told me to keep ALL correspondence with them so they can appropriate action if needed. Now 6 days later, contacted Amazon for help again for this PDF and after explaining everything to them, they are going to get back with me on a resolution. I suggest not purchasing from this company.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I relied on "real reviews" by customers posted on their site as well as a mattress review site before making the purchase. The online process and delivery went as promised. After about 6 months, the mattress began losing something, not sure what, but I was waking up with more aches and pains than ever before, especially my shoulders and hips. I am a side sleeper and not a large person. I contacted customer service, and....nothing. I ended up buying another mattress. The entire process cost me money and pain. It's not worth the few dollars you might save on their product. This is one of the biggest reasons I don't like buying anything online. The days of truth in advertising are down the toilet, especially from this Company. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY IS MY ADVICE, FOR REASONS OF COMFORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I purchased a mattress from Zinus website on November, and I would to share my experience. After placing an order, I was not able to receive the product for about a month. So I decided to cancel my order through their customer service. A customer service agent who help me out told me that normally it takes 2-3 business days for the refund, so I waited. However, I did not received a refund about a week. And I called them again to request to proceed the refund, however, they told me they can proceed the refund only when they receive a confirmation from delivery company that the product is rerouted to their warehouse. I did not wanted to wait again for getting my money back, so I asked them to proceed the refund asap for multiple times.

But they were keep telling me that it's their policy and I have to wait for them to receive the confirmation from the delivery company. As waiting for Zinus's update, I was keep checking on the delivery status to see if the delivery is cancelled. However, it was keep showing that mattress will be delivered by next day, but I did not wanted the product anymore. I got really frustrated. So I asked the agent, what if the product is delivered to my house, what are you going to do? Guess what they said? They told me to put a memo on my front door that the product was cancelled, so they can bring the product back. SERIOUSLY?...

For my peace of my own, I had to call the deliver company to check if they have received the cancellation request from Zinus, and apparently they were not aware of it. I don't know what happen, but they were not aware of the cancellation. So I had to inform the cancellation to them. Now the delivery status is showing as cancelled... There is no any updates from Zinus yet. I am very curious when I will be able to get my money back. If you don't want to waste your time and money like me, please don't purchase from their website.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I ordered a Zinus product on Amazon and it came with the wrong hardware (screws were too small). I tried contacting Zinus customer support so I could purchase the correct hardware, and they kept telling me they couldn't help me because my purchase wasn't covered by the warranty. No matter how many times I told them that I was willing to pay for the hardware, they still wouldn't help me. I eventually found an Amazon review that had a similar issue, except theirs came with no hardware at all, and was able to figure out what size screws to order. Their customer service doesn't know what is going on. Don't purchase anything from Zinus!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Please do not buy anything from Zinus, I repeat do not buy from Zinus. I ordered a mattress and waited for 2 months, before getting an email from customer service lead saying that they refunded the money. I waited for 2 months to get this email? They have the worst customer support and there is no proper communication within their department. I suggest to get it from a different company.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

My major concern is the lying and excuses which makes me not only question the service but the product integrity. Ordering online was quick and easy on 8.11 and got an estimated 2 weeks delivery. 8.20 received a separate email acknowledging a delay due to the pandemic. 8.21 received shipment is on its way email with a FedEx tracking number. 9.2 I reached out to customer service for an updated eta and was told, “We have sent the information to FedEx and we're just waiting for them to pick up the package at the warehouse.” 9.8 was, “We reviewed your shipment and we believe the label may have been damaged or rubbed off the package due to no updates in scanning.“ As of today there still has not be an updated order number or tracking.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I had found the bed frame on Amazon and was shown a ETA delivery date range of 8/28-9/4 through them. Instead, I ordered the bed frame directly from Zinus on August 13, 2020 so that they would reap the full sale (trying to help the smaller company directly). Worst mistake I could have made. I knew that there were shipping delays due to COVID, so that's understandable. However, the shipping label was created on 8/21/20, order was ready on 8/28/20, and it's still sitting in their warehouse today, 9/14/20.

Zinus CS cannot give me an estimated shipping date, they do not have any idea when Fedex will pick it up, they won't cancel the order because it has already been processed to ship (which also makes no sense considering they still have possession of it). I guess I could understand, but I see that their shipping issue go back to last year, before COVID, so it's clearly logistics issues within the company. Don't buy from them directly...use Amazon or find another company to order from.

Zinus author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Zinus originally produced comfort-oriented outdoor products, including tents, sleeping bags and portable furniture. The company turned to indoor comfort products in 2003. Its innovative mattresses have pressure-relief and cooling features. Customers can browse online, and financing is available.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size mattresses start at around $200.

• Types of mattresses: Memory foam, coil spring or hybrid memory foam and coil spring mattresses are available.

• Trial period: Zinus provides a 100-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Customers enjoy a 10-year limited warranty that applies to all mattresses purchased new from an authorized retailer.

• Additional products: Mattress toppers, platforms, frames and foundations, plus sofas and loveseats, are also available.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Zinus, Inc Company Information