2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Zinus, Inc

Zinus, Inc
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Zinus, Inc Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I was really excited when the mattresses arrived. I waited 72 hours to open the two rolled up spring mattresses that I ordered per the instructions on the outer box. After pulling the rolled up mattresses out of the box, there were no instructions to be found. My sister and I started to cut it open. I then noticed a sticker on the bottom and bent down to read it. Just as I read the words “high pressure” the mattress exploded from roll to flat in less than 1.5 seconds. It happened so fast all I recall is fighting back to avoid hitting my head but I lost all control. I knocked me 4-5 feet across the room whilst trampling me.

I penetrated my neck with a knife and hit my head on the wall. It was very scary and to this day I’m very thankful our two toddlers did not coming running by from the other room. Zinus was contacted twice with no real resolution. I begged them to add warnings and instructions to their packaging to avoid a situation that could be worse similar or worse than mine. They didn’t seem to care and I was never contacted after making those calls.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

In August 2018, I purchased the Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch/Premium/Cloud-like Mattress, Queen size; the product has a 10-year warranty (replacement or pro-rated refund), per terms of purchase with properly supported base and mattress protector. Due to the poor construction of materials, the mattress began breaking down, contributing to significant back pain and loss of sleep within the past 14-months, well under the product’s warranty, and was releasing fiberglass particles into my home.

On October 11, 2019, I purchased a new mattress to replace the faulty Zinus mattress, and began the claims process with Zinus, informing them in advance that their product was being removed from my home, along with screenshots of verification from my building management that the mattress would be removed (at my own expense), screenshots of my order (both the new mattress and of their product), pictures of the faulty mattress with the protector and tags, and information on the Zinus brand support system and separate mattress protector required to maintain warranty.

The support representative did not review my submitted documentation, and responded with a canned general response asking for all of the information again, to which I requested further review. The representative “Michael” claimed he had reviewed the information and was aware of my request. I sent the original invoice purchase order as requested after twelve additional additional exchanges. Well after the mattress was recycled and removed from my home at my own expense (the company was aware of this), they requested additional photos of the mattress on 10/23/2019, days after removal.

On they requested the same photos previously submitted for a third time, and I informed them I would be submitting a complaint due to the handling of their warranty and faulty product after their failure to acknowledge and address my prorated refund under warranty after several emails and (12) items of documentation submitted. After sixteen exchanges, the representative refused to submit my warranty claim because of the mattress removal from home—I believe they did this purposefully to avoid issuing the pro-rated refund. Hundreds of individuals have similar complaints with this product.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I bought a Zinus twin mattress (Night Therapy 10" Supreme Pillow Top Spring Mattress - Twin) through Sam's Club online. It arrives rolled into a tight bundle, one unwraps the bundle and allows the mattress to "plump" into shape for 48-7s hours. One side of the mattress NEVER "plumped" and sags down about 2 inches. The mattress claims to be "very supportive." IT IS NOT SUPPORTIVE. I sank into the mattress right away. Aching back every morning.. I couldn't figure out how to file a return to Sam's Club, since I live about a hundred miles away with no way to transport a mattress. I left an unfavorable review on Sam's Club and Zinus contacted me, saying they would be happy to help me (they are not happy), since it was already past time to return it to Sam's Club.

This mattress is under 10-year warranty. I filed a complaint with Zinus on June 20, 2019. It is now October 15, 2019. I have made at least 3 complaint tickets and there are currently 29 pages of emails between Zinus and myself, with multiple requests for pictures -- including shots with rulers, even though the sagging can plainly be seen without rulers. Each time I take a picture I have to take the bedding apart and put it back together, which includes the mattress warmer which must be fastened over the bottom of the mattress, so mattress must be turned over. This results in my having sciatica for at least 2 days following that. They refused to reply to my complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I have told them if they asked for another picture, I will sue them for their obstruction and refusal to deal with my complaint. They DON'T need another picture to see the sagging. And, yet, today they asked for another picture. Worst customer support ever!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I ordered this mattress on September 3. As of September 28, FedEx tracking shows it has not even left the facility, so I’m guessing it won’t be arriving anytime soon. The website says that delivery will be 5-17 business days. In this day and age I can’t even imagine why it would take a month to receive a delivery. It’s not like it’s a custom made item. I will never order from this company again and if possible will cancel my order.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Haven't received the product yet, but it's been 2 weeks and my shipment of mattress cannot be tracked. Only response from support is wait 2 more days and this is happening for 3 times. Hopefully product would be good, but Shipping Experience is worst.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Zinus fails on so many accounts - they did not deliver their product when they said they would (fine), but when asked for an update, their staff was anything but helpful. Asking me to do things I already did, making me wait 48 hours before a response. They raised their voice at me on the phone. My guests had to sleep on an air mattress because they missed their commitments, and their response was to give me a 10% discount and implied that's what I agreed to. They asked me to DM them on Instagram, which I did, to which they did not respond, and instead, they blocked me on Instagram.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I don't think I've ever written a review before in my entire life. My experience with Zinus customer service, however, has been so frustrating and so disorganized that I feel the need to open this Pandora's Box. Before I begin, I want to say that I have not yet received my mattress so I can't comment on the actual product's quality. My good friend bought from Zinus and loves her mattress. It's also one of the cheapest options for a foam mattress out there, so overall probably a good deal. If I didn't think so I wouldn't be here writing this review, because I would have given up on the company a long time ago.

That aside, though, I have had a thoroughly nightmarish experience with their customer service team. Three days after my expected delivery date went by the FedEx tracking page stopped updating altogether. I waited a few additional days, in case it was a glitch, but still no updates and no mattress. At that point, I contacted FedEx to see when the package would be arriving. They said it would come "tomorrow" for three consecutive days until they finally admitted the package had been lost (I could write a whole other review ranting about FedEx, but I won't bore you with that here). Throughout that entire week, from Monday-Friday (the week following the Wednesday the mattress was supposed to be delivered and the Friday that the tracking stopped updating), Zinus had no information for me. They told me to stay in contact with FedEx, because they had no idea what was going on.

Finally, on that Friday, FedEx declared the package lost and I sent the FedEx Claim No. to Zinus. They said they would escalate the issue to their "Tier 2" team and get back to me within 2 days. They never did. I called again to check on the status. On the phone they once again told me to wait for a response from the Tier 2 team. This time I asked to talk to someone in charge of the case. They said no one was available but one of them would call me back in an hour. Spoiler alert: no one did. I called back 3 hours later and finally got a hold of someone handling my case, only to have them tell me, finally, that they thought the package was lost. They sent me an email telling me to "stand by" for the tracking information for a replacement mattress, which I thought was promising. Of course, it's been three days since then, and I've received nothing.

Further correspondence with them has gotten me responses like "Please wait until the end of the day tomorrow for your tracking information" for three days straight. Long story short, their customer service blows. Big time. And if you made it to the end of this review without hating me (or at all), I commend you. I would hate me too if I saw me like this. TLDR Zinus customer service is destroying me day by day and plunging me into madness.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Updated on 05/21/2020: We purchased 14” Cal King Zinus gel foam mattress about 8-9 months ago. Finding fitted sheets that fit and stay on this mattress has so far been impossible. We had to get suspenders for the sheets. Changing sheets is a huge pain. Try lifting this mattress and hooking up the suspenders when changing sheets. I wrote Zinus and “Angel” from Zinus customer service wrote back to go to a tailor and have custom sheets made! I’m writing Sams Club as well.

This is the worst possible customer service response I could have imagined. We had 3-4 different fitted sheets from our old mattress we replaced as well as we’ve purchased a couple more sets from different places. The corners lift up when you’re sleeping in the mattress. The sheets clump up. The mattress is comfortable to sleep on but really heavy to move when changing sheets and having to lift mattress to get suspenders on sheet corners. Frustrated with Zinus lack of care with their product not being a market standard size and not being helpful with sheets not fitting!!!

Original: We purchased a Zinus Cal King 12" gel foam hybrid mattress 2 months ago. We have 5-6 Cal King fitted sheet sets and none will stay on the ZInus mattress corners. When I contacted ZInus. They say my sheets (the Cal King) are the wrong size. First they said I needed a new mattress cover which we had bought brand new when the mattress was delivered. A Cal King cover. I usually have to pull the sheet corners back to cover the corners of the mattress at twice a night IF I don't want to sleep on crumpled up, wadded sheets. We have sheets from our old Cal King we got rid of when we purchased the ZInus mattress. Some are older than others and they all are different brand sheets bought at different online or local stores.

The Zinus customer reps deflected any input from me on that maybe the Zinus mattresses need a "certain sheet" and I wrote to see if they'd recommend a manufacturer that fits their mattresses. But, got no help other than make sure I bought a 84" x 72" inch sheets which is silly. That's what all Cal King sheets are. So, we're still wondering how to solve this. We just ordered sheet corner suspenders to try...for both the sheets and the mattress cover. We never had this problem with our old mattress we just gave up. So far, not a big fan of Zinus customer service. The mattress sleeps pretty comfortable...although I find myself sweating more than I did with our older mattress. I picked out the mattress saying it had a cooling gel in it. But, hmmm. Not so much.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I should have insisted on what I knew I really wanted. Like the mattress and frame, it is level firm just as I wanted, however, I wanted to order the taller frame and thicker mattress. Reason: All the blankets and coverlets that are made for the size mattress I have hang too low. Nothing fits without overhang flowing on the floor. I have to tuck it under or push the covers under the mattress, This has limited my options.. This happened because during ordering settings have a tendency to move from presets and or what you have chosen as I moved around the site making decisions. It was not till after the purchase did I realize the changes. I called immediately and they said it was already processed and could not be changed. Rather than go through the hassle Of returning I will keep this and purchase my next beds somewhere else.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Purchased a mattress topper, something that's not very expensive but still supposed to be warranted through the company. Less than a day in I noticed the topper was defective with tears in the foam, so instantly I got the email address from the inside information. Needless to say they have done nothing but give me the runaround about replacing. I provided photos of the item and the online shipping and order info as they don't seem to ship receipts with online order. Finally after a week I get a response saying they would be glad to help but I needed to provide better info and more info, so again I sent the same information. They replied that they needed a receipt, so again I explained that my purchase order online was my receipt, and now it's been another week and to my dismay, they have yet to respond again.

I have now since filed a complaint against the company with the BBB, not that it will do much good I'm sure, but whomever I am dealing with, does not respond to emails, and when they do they seem to repeat the same info. I have asked for a phone number to the company and they have failed to provide even that. Seems to me that if I could give them zero stars I certainly would. I don't think I have ever had an experience that was this bad regarding a warranty item ever in my life. And all I asked was for a simple replacement of an item that was under fifty bucks and they can't even do that. I definitely will never purchase anything that has their company name on it... Absolutely horrible customer service...

Zinus, Inc Company Information