Zinus, Inc
4.10/5
  • 1 star
Based on 150 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a good mattress?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Zinus, Inc

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 28, 2017

254 Zinus, Inc Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: May 26, 2017

I use Zinus for my home and my business and I purchased from them for the convenience and price. I got the mattress and the frame and I'm happy with the overall product. However, it was too firm so I got the extra memory foam and they worked out just great.

Original review: May 25, 2017

We bought a couple of mattresses and some bed frames from Zinus because of the price. Compared to Tuft & Needle or Casper, they're affordable. It was really easy to unpack and assemble, as well. The instructions were straightforward and I put them together by myself. They're also comfortable and I'm more satisfied with it than my old bed. I also had called and spoke to the company to check about the warranty. The rep told me that I just need to keep my receipt since I purchased from the company online. And he was friendly and it was a good customer service. It has been an easy and great experience with Zinus. I would recommend them to a friend or family.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I had a fairly expensive Stearns and Foster mattress for seven years. It had gotten so old and it was hard to sleep on. I liked the price of Zinus and decided to get one. I got their best mattress, a king coil mattress. I've been using it for 10 months now and so far, I like it. It's very comfortable, nice and firm. I've been getting a good night's sleep.

I like the delivery process, as well. I just popped it open and it fits right on the bed. The only problem I had with it is the handles. If I try to pull the mattress spot to straighten it out on the bed, they seem to come loose. I'm hoping in the long term it doesn't misshape the mattress. I called customer service and the guy was very good. He was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. He said there's a 10-year warranty on the mattress and he described the process. He said that if something happens, I should take a picture, they'll replace it and have somebody donate the old one. Overall, it's been excellent. They did what they said they were going to do and they delivered a good product.

Original review: May 22, 2017

My wife and I own and operate an Adult Care Facility in Ohio. Since the bed bug outbreak we have changed all the beds in our facility to platform beds to eliminate the need for box springs (hiding place for bed bugs). We recently bought for the first time the Zinus platform bed frame. It was simple to put together. It even came with a hammer, how cool. The wood slats are connected by together. The bed frame has wonderful storage room underneath. The frame makes an inexpensive mattress feel like an expensive mattress. We will eventually replace all our prior platform beds to the Zinus Platform Bed Frame.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I bought the 14-inch hybrid bed with the iCoil through Zinus and it's way better than my previous bed of 9 years. I have a degenerative and multi-herniated disc and other health issues going on. I also got diagnosed with Raynaud's disease. So, pressure plates in my body needed to be relieved. My mattress needed to be firm enough to keep me leveled and my old mattress wasn't doing that with. Also, my husband and I have very different schedules. With our old mattress, there was a constant moving around and every time he moves, I knew it and it woke me up. Our Zinus bed kind of eliminated all of that.

I also kinda have insomnia and horrible vertigo, but at least I'm able to get some sleep now which is averaging about five hours from maybe an hour and a half before. I'm sleeping much better now. And before, I was sleeping on six to eight pillows. And now, I only need two. Also, the cost is phenomenal because I have been looking at similar prices and comparable beds in town and they were retailing it for about $1,300. What I paid for my Zinus was less than half of that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: May 18, 2017

I have always slept on the traditional spring mattress. I wanted to try something different because my bed was old. Also, I was having tons and tons of back issues because I totaled my car in January. So I got a hybrid mattress from Zinus. The purchasing experience went smoothly and it was awesome. The bed was really affordable and I liked that everything was so transparent. I like to research to be able to see what I'm getting and I definitely researched tons of other brands but I liked the mattress' hybrid option. It didn't seem like there was pressure to buy as well. Since having it, I'm sleeping much better. I really love the mattress. In fact, I suggested it to my dad, stepmom, my sister and her husband and my ex-boyfriend. I've suggested it to literally everybody who is in the market for buying a new bed.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I had my old bed for eight years and it was worn out so I bought a new memory foam, a box spring and a bed at Zinus. It was really easy to get it set up. It was a great experience overall.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I went to Zinus' website after seeing their products at Sam's Club. I saw that they had a customer whose mattress was defective and it was replaced for free, plus free shipping and the old defective mattress was donated to charity which was awesome. So I got a soft-medium mattress and the bed frame from them. It was timely shipped. They're a reputable company. They also got an A-plus from the Better Business Bureau.

The bed has a cooling agent that prevents sweating during the night. It's a queen bed, better than my twin bed I had since I was in middle school. I'm 6'1", so the bed is a lot bigger. In addition, the one thing I liked about it is when I set-up the bed frame, it comes in with the headboard on it. So, it lifts up from the back, you put everything from the actual bed inside and you carry it. There's no box spring that you need either. I have a lot of back problems and the bed has helped, but I still have some problems since I usually work at a desk all day.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I saw a person online and Zinus had the mattress all wrapped up in a little bag. I needed a new mattress, saw the pictures and thought that the shipping is so cool and that that's what I'm getting. We had the 14-inch hybrid deal that had both the memory foam and spring mattress. They’ve got a superior product and I love it. I've already told everybody about them.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I bought a Hybrid mattress, a contemporary bed and pillows from Zinus and I've had them over a month now. It was cheaper and they would deliver the products to my house quickly. If you're living in New York City and have a contemporary flat or a small studio apartment, their furniture is perfect. But if you're living in a really big house, their scale is a little small. They need to scale larger for a real big house then it would be fantastic. The mattress is great for the price that I paid for. I couldn't be happier with the delivery because it was a lot of fun. My kids enjoyed watching me unpackage it and carrying it up the stairs. It's like wrestling a small Ox but so is everything else in life. I've already recommended Zinus to several friends.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 14, 2017

I ordered the delivery of Zinus 12 Inch Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam within 48 hours for both the 14" frame and the 12" mattress. The frame came within the 48 hours but the mattress which tracked as shipped the same day and received a UPS # was already being delivered. My assumption is that the bed was vacuum packed when it left their warehouse. It didn't arrive the same day as the frame. It still hasn't arrived and it has been 144 hours since it has been in the box. This is terrible customer service. I live in Long Beach CA, this is not some foreign third world country. Get it together Zinus. I will have to really inspect this whenever it arrives. On Amazon, they recommend that you unpack it within 24 to 48 hours of their packing it. That time has already passed. Just terrible, terrible delivery service.

Original review: May 13, 2017

Prior to Zinus, we had a 20-year-old mattress. We hated the pillow and that mattress just broke down. My husband and I couldn't sleep on it. So we purchased two 14-inch Green Tea Memory Foam from Zinus. We had a bit of a problem with the delivery though. We were included in the evacuation due to the Oroville Dam being in jeopardy. We ordered the mattress before that and we could have received it before the evacuation but for some reason, I was dealing with FedEx and they said that they got the mattresses and that they're coming from California. We're from California and it's just a three-hour drive so we should have gotten the mattresses a few days but we didn't.

Then the evacuation happened and the delivery got further prolonged. That was a little frustrating because Zinus was showing that the mattresses were good to go and they should have been out for shipment. However, when I called FedEx, they said that the mattresses were stuck on their docks and they can't move it so we have to wait longer. But it's all right.

The mattress was a little harder than I had hoped but it's about getting used to it and so far we've been sleeping really great on them. We were taking our chances when we bought the mattresses. We saw a couple of our friends' online ranting and raving about their Green Tea Foam Bed. They said they loved it and that they ended up referring a couple of their friends to it and wouldn't go anywhere else for it. It'll be interesting to see how long they last. Even though we couldn't stand the pillow top from the old mattress, lasting for twenty years is a long time. It didn't break down until the last couple of years that we had it. We're just hoping that these new mattresses will stick with us for a while. We love the new bed and would highly encourage someone to give them a try.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I have a friend that bought one of Zinus' mattresses and was satisfied with it. So, I thought I'd do the same. It seems to be very good and everything went smoothly. But it would have helped on my end to have two people help get it into the house. It's a little heavy for one person, but I managed. Also, I wish I would have looked into the bed frames a little closer because I got the basic one and it might have been nice to get something a little more decorative, but that's my mistake. It was a good product and it was fast and easy.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I had my old bed for five years and it was awful. After considering the prices, I got a bed and a mattress from Zinus, and it is much better. On a scale of 1 to 10, the difference is a 10. It's been meeting my expectations.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I got a mattress, a box spring and a bed frame from Zinus because of their reviews. I like their price too and I'm happy with the products I purchased.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I bought a memory foam mattress from Zinus for my kids because of the price as a replacement to the regular mattresses that wore out in five years. I received it in a couple of days. It's always really fast. The little ones that I got are good but it's not comparable to the Tempur-Pedic. I ordered a thicker and the cool top one and it is pretty good and comfortable. I'm happy with the latest mattress that I got from them and I really like it. They have great service and great mattresses. Definitely exceeding my expectations!

Original review: May 5, 2017

I purchased the Zinus 9-inch foam beds and some frames for a rental property. I was referred by someone who has good reviews on her rental property so I followed her lead. I had my first rental the other day and I had three compliments. On my next house purchase, I will personally be throwing my bed out to purchase one. Zinus can email me a gift card. I bought nine beds and I’m buying another property so I will buy 12 beds for that.

Original review: May 4, 2017

A few years ago, we had purchased a different mattress and we've been happy with it. So, I was looking for mattresses for my kids and I came across Zinus. We've had that kind of mattress they have before so I purchased four twin size memory foam mattresses and four of the platform bed frames from them. Price is another factor we went with them. However, I am returning the bed frames because I was able to get the same product but taller, from 14-inch to 16-inch, at the same price. They're also from Zinus, just from a different location. The kids just started using them and so far, so good. Their product is of great quality for a great price.

Original review: April 27, 2017

We had a friend who had good luck online and recommended Zinus. I bought a mattress for my daughter which she had selected. The process online and the delivery confirmation went well. Everything came right away and the actual delivery process went smooth.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I ordered a mattress and a couple of pillows from Zinus online. The process was very easy. During the delivery it was really packaged up and I did not expect it to be that heavy. Once I got it in my room and I got the scissors out and cut the plastic off, it started to expand. I did not sleep on it for a couple of days and then after that, all a great experience and I’ve been getting a better night’s sleep.

Original review: April 16, 2017

I got the 13 inch memory foam king size mattress from Zinus, Inc. I had my old bed for three years but I like my Zinus better. It's more comfortable.

Original review: April 14, 2017

I shopped for a mattress for two days and I did as much homework as I could stand to do. Someone posted his research and Zinus was one of the few companies that was on his list. But, it was mostly BedInABox companies and they were the highest rated one on the internet. As soon as I saw them I said, "Okay, they've got a good rating and people are saying good things about them." So, I called BedInABox but their customer service never answered, and I decided that I'm not doing business with them.

I went outside the list and they were even worse. They were the highest priced ones, and their customer service also didn't answer. I gave up after about three of those and went back to the top ten which Zinus was a part of. I called Zinus, and their customer service answered right away and they were friendly so I said okay to them. We bought the 13-inch foam from Zinus without ever laying on a foam mattress and we're very happy with the mattress. I'm enjoying it very much, and my grandbabies also like to go out and lay and read a story with me. So far, the mattress has been great. It has been better than I expected.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I have a rental property that I'm furnishing. I'm doing it like Airbnb and I bought six end tables from Zinus. These tables were these really thin fiber wood laminate that has metal frames. Those were very poor quality and three of them were completely damaged. One was a wrong color and that one was also damaged. I locked in the two that were fine for a minute because we have been using this place, and just putting it together and furnishing it. But after seeing it for a few days, I really didn't like the red color and it didn't really go well with the house, so I returned those. But the dark ones would have been good and the quality of the other five was so shady that I'm not gonna take another chance with those. I don't necessarily think that it was quality control of the manufacturer, but maybe their packaging was inefficient in protecting the product.

I ended up buying three mattresses and three beds with bed frames with the gray background. They are pretty efficient with their packaging in the sense of size. We opened it up and it's just one box. You'd think that parts are missing but you have to unzip the whole headboard and everything is put in there neatly in the back. But I had to return the three bed metal frame and get replacements with three of the bed frames with material on the back like a headboard. The problem with the first ones was the mattress. Even making the bed, it would slide off so, I never even used them. I took the mattresses on, try to make the bed and the mattress kept sliding right off, so they suggested putting something sticky underneath, but I ended up buying the other frames and I'm pretty stoked for those. I have gotten them and they're put together. Everything is good.

Also, their customer service was great. It sounded like I was talking to some kids hanging out and playing video games. They're really young that they were super helpful. The return was easy and it seemed like they were a really small business. But granted I'm using this something and I expect to get some wear and tear so I would prefer something solid and sturdy and I personally wouldn't try the new products for myself. But the cost is absolutely the reason why I went with them and I've already recommended them and had people buying the same bed with them.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Zinus had good online reviews, so we bought the foundation and mattress from them, and it's much better and comfortable than the previous ones we owned, which has worn out. The kids love their mattresses, and they say that they're sleeping better on it. Also, the box springs are good. Overall, we had a wonderful experience with Zinus. The products have exceeded our expectations, and I've told other people about them.

Original review: April 11, 2017

A friend recommended Zinus and I price compared online. I bought three beds and three frames from them and they were very good. One of the king size beds, FedEx wouldn’t deliver it. So, they shipped it across the country but the local deliverers wouldn’t deliver it. But when I called Zinus and told them about it, they said, “Don’t worry about that. We’ll ship you out a new one. I’ll have them send that one back to us." So, Zinus was great.

Original review: April 9, 2017

I was using a different kind of mattress back in my own country. I recently came to the U.S.A. so I was looking for a quality mattress with a better price and I found it in Zinus. I got the Memory Foam 12-inch Green Tea Mattress and it came very nicely packed. There were some parts missing, but they shipped those very quickly. I had a good experience using the mattress. Usually, we have trouble to get adjusted to the mattress, but now it's fine and I feel comfortable with it. I'm getting a good sleep now. The only the issue I have with it is when the temperature is more than 70, I feel a little bit heat from the bed, which makes it uncomfortable. Other than that, it is fine, I’m happy with it.

Original review: April 8, 2017

I purchased a bed, a box spring and a frame through Zinus. My new bed makes me feel good. I sleep better and I've got more room. I'm happy with it and it met my expectations. But I don't care much for their return policy. We didn't like the first bed that we got. It didn't sleep the way we wanted it to. When we went to return it, they told us to donate it and really put the onus on us to facilitate the return and the donation. And where I live, I had a hard time finding someone to pick up the mattress as a donation. So in the future, if they had an agreement with a large charity in each area to come get it and they set it up, I believe that would be a better customer service aspect to provide on the return of the mattress. But overall, I'm pleased with the experience and would buy from them again.

Original review: April 7, 2017

We had our old mattress for nine years then got the Zinus when I was nine months pregnant and I slept way better on this mattress than on the previous one. I kept getting in and out of the old bed because I had to pee so much and kept bothering my husband. And then he kept hearing me making all these "Uhh" sound when I was getting up. So he noticed when we got the new mattress those sounds went away because it was so much easier to get up and down. It was very nice. It made the last two weeks better and I still like it after birth.

When we were ordering it, the website was really easy to navigate. My husband went back five times to make sure it's the right mattress and he had to show it to me a couple of times. This Zinus is a hybrid. It had the top with memory foam and the rest was spring. We've had an amazing experience with Zinus, and I've had one friend buy a mattress from them because we recommended it. My sister is also in the process of looking at it right now because she's due in two weeks.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I bought a hybrid queen mattress from Zinus and it was very easy to order online. I also bought two twin memory foams which are like green tea mattresses. My new bed is more comfortable and definitely better than the old bed I had. It took me a lot to figure out what kind of bed I wanted and I realized that I didn't like the memory foam so I got a firmer one. I’m really happy with it, so far.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I had gone through different websites because I don't trust mattress companies. Also, I heard a lot of stories and news reports about stores selling recovered old mattresses. Then I settled on taking a chance on Zinus Inc's mattress and bed frames. I loved how easy the frames were to put together. There wasn’t a lot of pieces, and A put in to B, and B into C, and so on. It was very simple and it made everything go a lot faster. It took my son 15 minutes to do it.

My son is sleeping like a log now. He was into parkour and he had an accident which gave him two compression fractures on his vertebrae, which fortunately popped back like marshmallows. That may have been part of the problem with the futon which he previously slept on. It didn’t give him the support he needed. Even though he’s young and he came back from the injury, he still needs a better support. He was sleeping 8-10 hours as soon as he had the Zinus mattress. And he was like, “Dad I love this. Oh, yeah. I love this mattress.” I like rolling on the bed at night now as opposed to the old-style mattress. I already recommended it to a couple of people.

Zinus, Inc Company Information