Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband works for FedEx and they're the primary shipper for Zinus. Apparently, a lot of FedEx employees have bought the mattresses because they are aware of them and they were saying how comfortable they were. So when we were looking for mattresses we thought we'll give them a try. It was really easy to do business with them. We bought three memory foam mattresses, one for our son when he went away to college and two for the spare bedrooms in our house. I don't sleep on them but my son loves his mattress and said that it's very comfy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

What initially draw me to Zinus were their prices and customer reviews. I bought a gel memory foam from them, and compared to my old mattress of eight years, this new one is better. I’m not a very picky sleeper, but it’s definitely made a tangible better difference.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The hybrid mattress of Zinus is better than mattresses I've owned in the past.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a family member that purchased from Zinus within the last year and they were really pleased with the product, so he recommended it. I got the Queen Size Green Tea 12 Inch Memory Foam Mattress from them. However, it only expanded to 10 inches. So when I contacted customer service about it, they were very prompt. They said that was defective and recommended I donate it and they sent me a new one. The delivery was also prompt and the shipping was free which was awesome. So as we start to replace mattresses throughout the house, I’ll definitely order again. We definitely had better night’s sleep with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I stayed at a cabin last year and which had a gel foam mattress and it was comfortable. I never had gel foam and I just had a normal mattress which felt like someone was beating with a stick every night. So, I bought two gel foam mattresses. I was at home when they delivered them. The frames and the queen came and then the king came days later. The company could've delivered it all at once but they didn't. But I would still recommend them. I hate going to the store and being around a bunch of crowds and people, but with them, everything's easy. Now my son's sleeping on his and he seems to like it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought several Zinus combination gel memory foam queen mattresses: two 12-in and one 10-inch. They are excellent mattresses and an all-around good package. They came in a box which was convenient, not having them to come through the mail. The mattress inflated and undid itself, and did what it said it was going to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a mattress and the bed frame from Zinus but trying to go on the website and buying the bed frame was a little difficult to do. It took me 20 minutes to figure out how to buy the bed frame. They could have an easier navigation system getting to it. Other than that, the experience was great. Our orders arrived one day later than it was expected to but its arrival was perfect. Everything was exactly the way it should be.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friends who bought Zinus had a very good experience with them so they referred Zinus to me. I ordered their product online through their website. Zinus is really good, I am getting better sleep and my family also likes it. I'm very happy with the product, I also referred Zinus to all my friends and they also got it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Zinus for a month now and it's doing great. It was real easy to get on their website. My order was filled immediately and arrived in a couple days and I was thoroughly satisfied. Keep up the job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I selected Zinus because of their price and ease of access. Their products exceeded expectations too. It's not my main mattress we used for our guest room, but we had family staying and they were very happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've been wanting to get a new mattress for a long time. My husband and I were looking at which ones had the best reviews with the lowest prices on Amazon and that's how we found Zinus. We got off Amazon and went to their actual website and found the mattresses cheaper on the Zinus.com than Amazon, so we purchased it directly through them. We took a questionnaire to see which of their mattress models was best for us depending on our sleep position. Then it matched us with a couple of different ones. There was a discount that they offered on the actual website and that was easy to find.

I like this new mattress much better. It's super comfortable and I remember even when my mattress was brand new. It is so affordable that I don't have to wait so many years between buying a new one. So far we're completely happy and very satisfied. We love it as long as it holds up overtime and it's something that lasts at least five years.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

So far, this is the first time I tried a memory foam, and the experience has been good. The queen size green tea memory foam is a good mattress, and I like it so far; it's not too firm and not too soft. Plus, the ordering process was pretty easy. I will recommend the memory foam, and if I was to get another mattress, I'll choose Zinus.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got an upholstered headboard and frame and a king size foam mattress through Zinus. I decided to buy from them since their price was cheaper versus Casper and all the others. Also, I didn't want to go into a store since I don't have time for that. The frame and headboard cost $300 so the legs were plastic but for that price, one gets what one pays for.

The mattress is memory foam and I like this new style better and the mattress is a lot better than the previous one we had which we got for $50 off of Craigslist. My husband, who had shoulder surgery a few years ago, said his shoulder no longer hurts whereas he was having some pain still with our previous mattress. Also, the bed was super easy to put together. I did it by myself pretty quickly. My husband only helped me get it up the stairs because the mattress box was pretty heavy. Zinus is easy to use, affordable, quick and has good quality, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I never tried mattress foam before. My husband bought one for my daughter before and I never tried it. But whenever I sleep on her bed, it felt so much better compared to the coil. I looked at reviews of Zinus and I decided I wanted a bed like hers. My husband recently bought online the mattress foam from Zinus. Sometimes the website won't load everything. I don't know if it's my computer or the website but it was fine for what I needed.

When I first sleep on the Zinus bed, my arm or my leg doesn’t fall asleep. I have back problems, so I don't know if it contributes to that and I haven't gone to my chiropractor for a long time. So when I sleep on the side, sometimes it feels numb again. Also, the side where I sleep most is not as firm as the other side that I don't sleep on. Other than that, it feels great and I like the price. I was pleasantly surprised.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter's friend was telling her about Zinus and that her parents got one and they loved it and were really happy with it. So, we did the same. We bought a queen-size mattress. It was pretty firm. We had guests sleep on it right away and they complained about the firmness of it. So, we bought a four-inch mattress topper to go on top which has helped tremendously. Compared to my old bed, this is still much better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When my 10-inch Hybrid bed that I bought from Zinus arrived, the box was a little beat up and the top should have handles so it could be dragged upstairs. Other than that, the product was wonderful. It feels like a professional mattress and I'm paying a lot less for the same comfort. It fit into my budget so I don't have to worry about it. I'm in the military and currently deployed, so I rarely get to sleep on it, but its a very nice mattress compared to my old one. I've slept on it enough to know that I feel a little better waking up. My older mattress didn't let me sleep well at night. I needed a firmer mattress and that's what I got. It has met all the expectations. I'm very grateful for the product they produce and I have recommended it to my mother.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter's old room used to have a single bed, and she liked it. Then, she went to college. And then, I spent under $500 for the frame and the mattress from Zinus. The mattress is a little firm but when I had laid on it, it seems fine and was easy. Plus, the bed frame worked out great and was really easy to put up. For the price, there were other ones that were over $1,000, but I only had to pay $250 for this one, it's very nice and looks just as good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a cousin that allowed me to lay on top of her Zinus. I really felt comfortable and it would work so I said, “What the heck.” I ordered a memory foam mattress. I got a full and a twin size and then I also bought a taller frame for it so I had some under-the-bed storage. It wasn’t too hard to set up. I was able to manage it well enough to get it unpacked. I’m glad I read the instructions, or I would have had a taste of a mattress blowing up in my face. I gave it the time it took to fill up with air and it went well, and I was tickled pink. Now I’m sleeping like a baby again. I really enjoyed my bed. My brother came over right after I got it for about two weeks and he really liked it too. It’ll be relaxing now that I have a new mattress.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Zinus have good reviews and is cost-effective too. However, I had an issue with my mattress that I ordered from Zinus. Nevertheless, Zinus is convenient and their bed is much better than my previous bed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a memory foam mattress from Zinus, and we're happy with it. The price was pretty much the biggest deciding factor, and it was a pretty easy purchase.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found Zinus through online research. I called them because we were in the flood area and they provided us a real good discount. They gave us 50% off of what we purchased. So, it really made it beneficial to buy. I bought five bed frames and four mattresses. It is very comfortable. I got memory foam mattresses for my kids and I have not heard one of them complain. I love the ease of set up as well. We got the four beds at one time, and we were able to have al of them set up with mattresses on them within 30 minutes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Zinus is good and my experience with them was awesome. I purchased a mattress and a bed. I’m new to the US so it's the first time I’m buying a mattress in the US. I read a lot of reviews so I thought it has good quality and with less price. I did not expect that it will be much quality but after receiving it, I felt good and it's a wonderful price.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a Zinus 12 inch gel memory foam mattress but it was too soft. Also, the gel on it has a little smell, so I don't quite like it either. It was easy to unpack during delivery It's a good quality mattress but I prefer a more firm mattress so I returned it. Overall the process was all good and the refund part was amazing.

Dear customer:

The mattress recovery may be affected by your room temperature and sometimes, it can take up to weeks for a full decompression.

Zinus offers worry-free guarantee - please reach out to our customer service for further assistance.

Zinus

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I was looking for a bed because my old bed was a queen and I wanted a king-size bed. Then, at the same time, I was in a dilemma, should I spend $1,000 or get something below that. Then I decided to stick with a lower model because it's very difficult to pick a bed and if something goes bad in half a year, I can go for a change, rather than spending $1,000 or $2,000 and if it doesn't work out, you try to stick with that bed for a longer time because you already spent on the bed. I looked on Amazon and read a lot of reviews. I had a shortlist of beds and finally I went with Zinus.

I bought a mattress with the high-end steel frame. The mattress is fine. The only thing is when I changed the mattress, I started feeling a slight back pain. So I just use it without a pillow and it seems to work out for me as of now. Sometimes, I feel like the bed produces heat and it was not very firm as I thought. The reviews are saying it's firmer. But it looks like it's not medium firm but slightly below that. It says that the bed is 12-inches but it only expanded to 11-inches. The bed is worth the money, but I'm dissatisfied because of the back pains.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Zinus mattress is phenomenal. We have the king bed with the middle riser. My husband is the one that found it and convinced me. We wanted a king size bed and needed something that had a split bottom for the support system, mainly because of where we were putting it. A regular king size foundation box spring would not fit through some of the doors.

I can’t believe the support it has yet it’s comfy and comes back into shape no matter where I lay on the bed. My husband and I switched sides a couple times just to see how it does because I don’t move and he does. It’s like I have my space that I usually sleep on and I don’t turn too much. I could tell that with the other mattresses that I get in the same position all the time because the bed doesn't come back up. I like my bed a little bit softer, yet there are times I need it to be a little firmer while my husband likes it firm. And it seems to work out because we're both getting a good night’s sleep and there are no mechanical things where I've got to worry about plugs plugged in.

When it came, it's all smooshed up in the box. We opened it up and it says not use it for the 24 hours, let it air out and let it expand and get its form back. I was very skeptical but it’s exceeded our expectations. We actually were looking at some of the Number beds but I’m not really fond of the price. We started talking to people who had them and emailed some friends that I know and they kind of wished they hadn’t have gotten them. Zinus is wonderful. They have efficient delivery. It's easy to assemble and gave us wonderful sleep.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought a bed frame and a memory foam mattress from Zinus. My previous bed is a 10-year-old DUX which was more expensive but wouldn’t fit up the odd shaped steps of the house where we moved in. I would have kept it but since we couldn’t get the bed upstairs, we looked for a platform bed that could be assembled easily and assembled upstairs. Lo and behold, friends of ours told us about Zinus and they're right because it was easy to assemble, the price was right, and so far the results are good.

I like both beds but the Zinus is a different style of mattress and it’s softer and firmer. I am surprised at how much I like it, given the low price. The whole thing costs $700 and I was even skeptical at first such that if we won’t like it then we’ll get something else and move it to the guest room. But then we’re happy with the mattress and the frame after putting it together and we’re as pleased with it as anything that I paid more for before. The only negative I’ve had in this experience was some foul up in delivery and it took an extra couple of weeks because of something that happened between Zinus and Federal Express.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased Zinus memory foam mattress and it's really better than my previous one. It looked very cost effective and the product quality, as I reviewed over the website, was appealing so I went ahead with them. Memory foams usually have an odor but Zinus did not have any, which is very good. I initially thought it’s low quality but it seems to be comfortable and the firmness is of the right dimension just as I was expecting. I've had it for a few months but I've started liking it and it's definitely what I wanted.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We really like the Zinus bed. It has a good price point and we've definitely gotten some better and deeper sleeps out of it. It was delivered a couple days past the delivery date, but besides that we’ve enjoyed everything. We got a king sized hybrid and it took about half an hour to set up, pop open the mattress and put it on top. I would definitely recommend them.

Zinus, Inc

We are glad you are happy with your mattress and that it helped with your backaches. Thank you for buying a Zinus mattress.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

I got a mattress from Zinus due to their price, and because some of their reviews were pretty good and their product was exactly what I wanted. It is a lot better than my old mattress that I had for eight years. This new mattress is very comfortable and it's helping me with some of the backaches and problems that I've had. It's also pretty and I like it. Overall, I'm very impressed with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a mattress and a box spring from Zinus because of their price and the options that they have. I’m now sleeping better and more comfortable than when I was using my old bed which was absolutely terrible. My back has also been less painful. Overall, I’m super happy with Zinus.

Zinus, Inc Company Profile