2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.53/5

Tempur-Pedic is the original developer of memory foam mattresses. When you purchase from Tempur-Pedic or an authorized dealer, the warranty covers the mattress for 10 years, which is as long as traditional mattresses are typically expected to last. The Arthritis Foundation recommends Tempur-Pedic products based on evaluations by users, which makes the company a strong choice for those with joint pain.

BOTTOM LINE

Tempur-Pedic mattress options include cooling materials, pressure-relieving support and adjustable bases. Its mattresses cost more than many traditional brands, but they’re made with long-lasting, high-quality material.

PROS

• Good warranty
  • Risk-free sleep trial
  • Wide selection

CONS

• Might lose firmness over time
  • Heavy materials

Top Tempur-Pedic Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

You can not compare the Tempur-Pedic to any other mattress. Yes, it's expensive but you can not put a price on a good night sleep. Mattress pad had an issue but was replaced without hesitation. ...There is no better mattress that I can recommend.

We've had our mattress for 6 years, it is like we've had it 6 months. It has held up excellent, no sunk-in areas, it is as firm as when it was new. There are no body pressure points with this mattress, you wake up feeling refreshed.

What is Tempur-Pedic?

Tempur-Pedic sells mattresses constructed with several layers of memory foam and hybrid mattresses that combine innersprings with memory foam. Tempur-Pedic owns the original formula of memory foam developed for a NASA contract. A Tempur-Pedic mattress uses memory foam (viscoelastic polyurethane foam) in place of traditional mattress filler.

Consumers can choose among a range of firmness levels for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Features and options include reduced motion transfer, cool-to-touch materials, pressure relief support and adjustable bases. Tempur-Pedic mattresses come in sizes from twin (and XL twin for dorm rooms) to California king.

Tempur-Pedic mattress models

You can choose from four types of Tempur-Pedic mattresses. Each type has customizable options.

• Tempur-Adapt: Starting at $2,199 for a queen-size mattress, the Tempur-Adapt collection is Tempur-Pedic’s most affordable line. It’s available in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress. This model features knit technology that feels cool to the touch and a Tempur-ES layer designed for extra support. The mattress comes in all sizes, including split king and split California king.
    • Tempur-ProAdapt: Starting at $2,999 for a queen, Tempur-ProAdapt offers advanced pressure relief for deep relaxation. Firmness levels for the memory foam mattresses range from soft to firm, and a hybrid mattress is available in medium firmness. The SmartClimate dual cover system features a zip-off outer layer for easy cleaning. It includes a comfort layer and a Tempur-APR support layer.
    • Tempur-LuxeAdapt: Prices for a queen-size Tempur-LuxeAdapt start at $3,699. This collection features a zip-off cover, Tempur-APR support layer and Tempur-ES comfort layer. The LuxeAdapt mattress offers maximum pressure relief and motion cancellation.
    • Tempur-Breeze: Prices start at $3,999 for a queen-size mattress. The Tempur-Breeze collection features PRObreeze or LUXEbreeze options designed to promote extreme breathability and surface cooling. PRObreeze keeps you 3 degrees cooler during sleep and LUXEbreeze makes it 8 degrees cooler. The PRO comes in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress, and the LUXE comes in soft or firm models.

Tempur-Pedic mattress prices

The cost of a Tempur-Pedic mattress ranges from about $2,000 to $4,000 for a queen-size model. All of the company’s mattresses come with a 90-day risk-free trial and free white-glove delivery. Financing options start at $59 per month for qualified customers. The Tempur-Pedic mattress warranty lasts 10 years when you purchase from the company or an authorized dealer.

Tempur-AdaptTempur-ProAdaptTempur-LuxeAdaptTempur-Breeze
    Twin$1,699$2,499$3,199$3,499
    Double$2,049$2,849N/A$3,849
    Queen$2,199$2,999$3,699$3,999
    King$2,899$3,699$4,399$4,699
    Split king$3,398$4,998$6,398$6,998

Tempur-Pedic FAQ

How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress cost?
    The starting price for a queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress purchased directly from the company is around $2,100. The top-of-the-line LUXEbreeze split king costs $8,398.
    How long does a Tempur-Pedic mattress last?
    The warranty on a Tempur-Pedic mattress lasts 10 years. Tempur-Pedic uses a proprietary formula for high-density foam that typically lasts longer than other low-density memory foam mattresses, which can wear out after about three years. Body weight, frequency of use and materials also affect durability.
    How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress weigh?
    A standard queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress weighs 96 pounds. Because of the high-density foam used in construction, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are heavier than traditional innerspring mattresses.
    Is Tempur-Pedic memory foam?
    Yes, Tempur-Pedic makes memory foam mattresses. Tempur-Pedic uses high-density viscoelastic polyurethane foam, also called memory foam, that restores its shape after being condensed.
    Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses soften up?
    When you first get a Tempur-Pedic mattress, it might feel firmer than expected. The cells in the foam begin to open the more you sleep on it, adjusting to your weight for a softer feel. The warranty does not cover what the company refers to as a “normal increase in softness.”
    Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames?
    Yes, Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames. Because they are heavier, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are not properly supported by bed frames designed for a traditional innerspring mattress. Tempur-Pedic mattresses should not be placed on top of a box spring.
    Where is Tempur-Pedic made?
    Tempur-Pedic mattresses are made in the United States. The company has several manufacturing plants in the country.
    Who sells Tempur-Pedic mattresses?
    Tempur-Pedic mattresses are sold directly from the company in stores or online. You can also visit or order online from authorized dealers, including some chiropractors.

Is Tempur-Pedic worth it?

Tempur-Pedic offers an extensive selection of mattress models and firmness levels to suit almost anyone. Its customers are generally satisfied with the comfort of their mattresses and the life span of the product. Some customers reported difficulty getting warranty service or returning the mattresses within the 90-day trial period, however.

Tempur-Pedic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I really do like this product. TP sells, but financing with Syn. Bank too much for interest for, something paid off in less than 12 months. But, this price on this product is worth it, very comfortable. Just believe that if item paid off in 180 days should be interest free. Tempur-Pedic is a good product.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

We have had Tempur-Pedic for 15 years. Love it. But difficult to move. Very heavy. Husband would like one of the newer cooler versions. I like it so much I don't want to get out of bed.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

This is the best mattress I have ever owned and will definitely only buy this brand from now on. It’s both the perfect amount of support and softness. It will last such a very long time it is more than worth the purchase price. There was a slight issue with my first mattress and the company replaced it quickly, conveniently, no questions asked.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Love my mattress, sheets but wish they would come in more colors. Love the massage and love the option that lifts when I choose to. The option to massage both top and bottom or just top or just bottom is great. Also like that it is cool to sleep on but not that cold.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I purchased our tropic breeze for 3k, a lot to pay for in a mattress. We looked at a great deal of companies and just didn't want to purchase again in the coming years. It had a 10 yr warranty which was exceptional for our needs. As it turns out the stitching came on the top cover started coming loose within 12 months. It was replaced within a week and we were very pleased. This is a mattress we intend on using for many years and now have peace of mind that if it fails we will get it replaced.

Original review: July 28, 2020

My husband and I have had our Split King for just over a year. Beyond disappointed???? The mattresses both move to the outside leaving a large gap between them. You cannot snuggle! The mattress at the store was comfortable. This one sucks.

Original review: May 14, 2020

The Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed may be expensive but well worth it. I can adjust it to my comfort level. I never have pressure points or aches in the morning. We purchased it during a promotion. The financing was zero interest over 4 years. They delivered and set it up along with instructions. We have now paid it off and never had any problem with the finance people. Even though we have had it for 4 years it is as if it's brand new. I am a large lady and it is not breaking down under my weight. I love our bed?

Original review: May 13, 2020

Tempur-Pedic is, hands down, the best mattress company we have ever done business with. The entire experience, from our initial inquiries during the shopping and comparing phase, all the way through to the delivery and set up, has been fantastic. The associates at Tempur-Pedic absolutely mean it when they say they are invested in your experience with them, taking the time to make sure we were completely comfortable with every decision we made. We are looking forward to dealing with them again when it's time to furnish our guest house, and we highly recommend Tempur-Pedic, with full confidence, to anyone who is in the market for a new, high quality mattress from a reputable company.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Very expensive split King with lots of bells and whistles. The adjustable head and feet functions very well and as a Godsend for recuperating from surgeries both husband wife. We can independently control each side of the bed and it is very comfortable providing a good nights rest for the entire family (our 2 Welsh Terriers just love the comfort). Very sturdy framing albeit very heavy to move. Now we are retired on fixed income and hope it will last the rest of our lives. Have had for at least 8 years with no issues. The massage built in is also a nice perk!!

Original review: April 30, 2020

I sleep better than I have ever slept in my life, it take a little to get use to it, I also bought the king pillows but I like the queen size better because they are more solid than the kings. I have a Tempur-Pedic king and queen size mattress of the top of the line Cloud Breeze Soft. I do not like the company and the employee and management. They are rude, do not back up the merchandise and will find any way to get out of any returns or problems that arise.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information