2.9/5 (1453 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

Shop Now

About Tempur-Pedic

Tempur-Pedic is the original developer of memory foam mattresses. When you purchase from Tempur-Pedic or an authorized dealer, the warranty covers the mattress for 10 years, which is as long as traditional mattresses are typically expected to last. The Arthritis Foundation recommends Tempur-Pedic products based on evaluations by users, which makes the company a strong choice for those with joint pain.

Pros

• Good warranty
  • Risk-free sleep trial
  • Wide selection

Cons

• Might lose firmness over time
  • Heavy materials

Bottom Line

Tempur-Pedic mattress options include cooling materials, pressure-relieving support and adjustable bases. Its mattresses cost more than many traditional brands, but they’re made with long-lasting, high-quality material.

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

Shop Now

Top Tempur-Pedic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Verified

You can not compare the Tempur-Pedic to any other mattress. Yes, it's expensive but you can not put a price on a good night sleep. Mattress pad had an issue but was replaced witho...

Verified

We've had our mattress for 6 years, it is like we've had it 6 months. It has held up excellent, no sunk-in areas, it is as firm as when it was new. There are no body pressure poin...

What is Tempur-Pedic?

Tempur-Pedic sells mattresses constructed with several layers of memory foam and hybrid mattresses that combine innersprings with memory foam. Tempur-Pedic owns the original formula of memory foam developed for a NASA contract. A Tempur-Pedic mattress uses memory foam (viscoelastic polyurethane foam) in place of traditional mattress filler.

Consumers can choose among a range of firmness levels for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Features and options include reduced motion transfer, cool-to-touch materials, pressure relief support and adjustable bases. Tempur-Pedic mattresses come in sizes from twin (and XL twin for dorm rooms) to California king.

Tempur-Pedic mattress models

You can choose from four types of Tempur-Pedic mattresses. Each type has customizable options.

• Tempur-Adapt: Starting at $2,199 for a queen-size mattress, the Tempur-Adapt collection is Tempur-Pedic’s most affordable line. It’s available in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress. This model features knit technology that feels cool to the touch and a Tempur-ES layer designed for extra support. The mattress comes in all sizes, including split king and split California king.
  • Tempur-ProAdapt: Starting at $2,999 for a queen, Tempur-ProAdapt offers advanced pressure relief for deep relaxation. Firmness levels for the memory foam mattresses range from soft to firm, and a hybrid mattress is available in medium firmness. The SmartClimate dual cover system features a zip-off outer layer for easy cleaning. It includes a comfort layer and a Tempur-APR support layer.
  • Tempur-LuxeAdapt: Prices for a queen-size Tempur-LuxeAdapt start at $3,699. This collection features a zip-off cover, Tempur-APR support layer and Tempur-ES comfort layer. The LuxeAdapt mattress offers maximum pressure relief and motion cancellation.
  • Tempur-Breeze: Prices start at $3,999 for a queen-size mattress. The Tempur-Breeze collection features PRObreeze or LUXEbreeze options designed to promote extreme breathability and surface cooling. PRObreeze keeps you 3 degrees cooler during sleep and LUXEbreeze makes it 8 degrees cooler. The PRO comes in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress, and the LUXE comes in soft or firm models.

Tempur-Pedic mattress prices

The cost of a Tempur-Pedic mattress ranges from about $2,000 to $4,000 for a queen-size model. All of the company’s mattresses come with a 90-day risk-free trial and free white-glove delivery. Financing options start at $59 per month for qualified customers. The Tempur-Pedic mattress warranty lasts 10 years when you purchase from the company or an authorized dealer.

Tempur-AdaptTempur-ProAdaptTempur-LuxeAdaptTempur-Breeze
Twin$1,699$2,499$3,199$3,499
Double$2,049$2,849N/A$3,849
Queen$2,199$2,999$3,699$3,999
King$2,899$3,699$4,399$4,699
Split king$3,398$4,998$6,398$6,998

Tempur-Pedic FAQ

How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress cost?
The starting price for a queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress purchased directly from the company is around $2,100. The top-of-the-line LUXEbreeze split king costs $8,398.
How long does a Tempur-Pedic mattress last?
The warranty on a Tempur-Pedic mattress lasts 10 years. Tempur-Pedic uses a proprietary formula for high-density foam that typically lasts longer than other low-density memory foam mattresses, which can wear out after about three years. Body weight, frequency of use and materials also affect durability.
How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress weigh?
A standard queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress weighs 96 pounds. Because of the high-density foam used in construction, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are heavier than traditional innerspring mattresses.
Is Tempur-Pedic memory foam?
Yes, Tempur-Pedic makes memory foam mattresses. Tempur-Pedic uses high-density viscoelastic polyurethane foam, also called memory foam, that restores its shape after being condensed.
Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses soften up?
When you first get a Tempur-Pedic mattress, it might feel firmer than expected. The cells in the foam begin to open the more you sleep on it, adjusting to your weight for a softer feel. The warranty does not cover what the company refers to as a “normal increase in softness.”
Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames?
Yes, Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames. Because they are heavier, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are not properly supported by bed frames designed for a traditional innerspring mattress. Tempur-Pedic mattresses should not be placed on top of a box spring.
Where is Tempur-Pedic made?
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are made in the United States. The company has several manufacturing plants in the country.
Who sells Tempur-Pedic mattresses?
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are sold directly from the company in stores or online. You can also visit or order online from authorized dealers, including some chiropractors.

Is Tempur-Pedic worth it?

Tempur-Pedic offers an extensive selection of mattress models and firmness levels to suit almost anyone. Its customers are generally satisfied with the comfort of their mattresses and the life span of the product. Some customers reported difficulty getting warranty service or returning the mattresses within the 90-day trial period, however.

Tempur-Pedic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

I purchased a Tempur Pedic Pro Adapt from a Mattress Firm in my area last year. After 8 months I noticed it started to develop tears in the foam. I contacted the store and they said I needed to go through Tempur and use the warranty for replacement. FINE. It took MONTHS to get things squared away with Tempur. They wanted a ton of pictures, emails back and forth, proof of purchase…, more than once. Finally they give me a code to find a replacement mattress. I was told by the rep that could go back through the store I purchased in, to make another selection. Or go through their site. Why would I want to go back to the same product I don’t trust? I go back to the store… oh “sorry, but this code only allows you to shop through the tempur online store.”

I go to the Tempur store….. What A Joke. I get 3 whole choices of mattresses!! I Don’t Want To Go Back To Another Foam Mattress!! I Don’t Trust Them!!! They refuse to give a refund. This was a once in a lifetime purchase. Between the frame and the mattress it was almost $6k. I’m not a rich person, and trusted all the HYPE about this company and their product. My Mistake!! They box you in and you don’t give any choices except for what THEY want to give you. AND you CANNOT get your money back!!! I thought (boy was I wrong) I was buying the thoroughbred of mattresses, and ended up with a true dud. And they made a ** of me to top it off.

Do. Not. Trust. This Company!!! Their site shows ONLY all the top 5stars reviews, and they pitch the others. The more I dig, the more angry consumers I find when it comes to Tempur-Pedic. They make it very difficult to file for your warranty …, and they refuse refunds, and won’t allow you to have a range of other types of mattresses to chose from. Tempur also owns/ produces Sterns and Foster /Sealy…, but will not allow you to chose from any of those mattresses. I contacted the BBB…, their policy is they cannot do anything if a company refuses to work with you…, Well…, TEMPUR REFUSED to work with my situation. It’s about the big companies.. never mind the consumers anymore. All I asked for is my money back.. I’ll go elsewhere…. But they refused, and insist I take another foam bed. I Do. Not. Want. Another. Tempur. Foam. Bed. When. I. Don’t. Trust. The. Product!!! Do. NOT. Trust. Tempur-Pedic!!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

We purchased a Tempur-Pedic adapt mattress in 2018. After only two years it felt like the mattress had a hump in the middle and was starting to have sagging where you lay. I only weigh 115 pounds and I feel like I’m sinking into bottom, I submitted a claim and was denied. Now it is almost 5 years since we’ve had the mattress and the holes that we’re lying in are ridiculous, again we are not large people. We have spun this mattress around every four months to try to make it last and it feels like it’s 15 years old, I can’t even sleep in it anymore because we’re waking up stiff, sore, and with headaches. I submitted another warranty claim and was denied again. Every picture that I sent them was not good enough.

I’ve submitted pictures three times and none of them were good enough. They want to see the sagging, but it only occurs while you’re lying on it, so they’ve got you there. I told them that I wanted an inspector to come out and look at it and they wanted to charge me $150 for him to look at it and they still couldn’t guarantee that my claim would be accepted. This company has so many loopholes for their warranty, because they never intend to give it to you in the first place, I am about ready to junk my $2000 mattress and I just purchased a box mattress, which I have another one on another bed, for $400 which feels way better than this Tempur-Pedic. Customer service reps are rude, unhelpful and ignorant. This was the worst $2000 investment that I have ever made. Lesson learned. Stay far away from this company!

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I bought these Rayon from Bamboo sheets from Tempur-pedic and they are defective. They have a one-year warranty, but Tempur-pedic refuses to take them back or refund me. Horrendous customer service that lied during complaint process claiming a Warranty Claim was never submitted. I sent email evidence that a Claim was submitted and they still refused to uphold their warranty, refusing to even give a reason. the sheets were brand new. Never buy from this company! these sheets cost me $160 and are worthless due to their defects.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

I have had no problem with my Tempur-Contour-Supreme Tempur-Pedic mattress until about six years of ownership. Unfortunately, even though the mattress was properly supported, the mattress developed a deep sag over 2 inches deep and several square feet wide. The warranty claim I requested was declined because there was a stain on the mattress cover. Not the bed, the cover. This stain is completely unrelated to the mattress failure and didn’t even soak through to the mattress itself. I believe Tempur-Pedic does not honor their warranties and I suspect they approve very few claims. It’s a decent mattress but I would not expect it to last ten years, and please understand that their warranty is a scam. The terms of the warranty are also written such that there is very little to be done about the fraudulent marketing tool they call a warranty. Please do no support this incredibly dishonest company.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

If you want a good mattress at a fair price with the security of a warranty, do not buy Tempur-Pedic#. I paid almost $3,000 for a twin XL mattress ProAdapt medium firm mattress from a so called authorized dealer. There was a short trial period and the mattress was very hard. When I tried to return or exchange it within 60 days, a 20% fee was required, but when purchased I was guaranteed a full refund! I was high-pressured to buy the luxury firm mattress for another $ 600. When I objected, I was told they could match the price for another returned mattress. I was informed the warranty would still be good, but three months later I found out the warranty would not apply.

The Tempur material is very stiff until it warms up. Who has one hour to fall asleep? When the material warms up, then there is no support and a large sag in a narrow twin size mattress. Then it is HOT! I used to sleep straight through the night and now it takes a long time to fall asleep and I wake up at least 4-6 times per night. This is the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on including a lot of hotel stays for business and personal travel.

Within 3 months the mattress sagged by more than one inch and is extremely hard with little support. I have back pain, neck pain and muscle spasms. Tempur-Pedic cares about their branding, marketing and profits. They do not care about their clients or their sleep quality. Instead of sleeping on my split king bed, I have to sleep in the guest room (on a bamboo bed, queen size bed that cost only $300, which is 90% less! I cannot believe I have to shop for and buy another mattress and feel taken advantage of. Do not fall for the hype or high pressure sales tactics when you can get a much better mattress for far less. Do not buy Tempur-Pedic# if you want a good mattress with a reasonable trial period and real warranty! I wish I read reviews rather than fall for hype before purchasing Tempur-Pedic#

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

Worst mattress we have ever owned. Have had it only nine years, it was virtually top of-the-line. The mattress came with a twenty-five year warranty and all documents state full replacement if less than ten years. Warranty department is now third-party group and only knows how to send out form letters and denied our claim based on made-up story of "stains" on a mattress that has been covered with water proof mattress cover its whole life. After nearly forty pictures (you can only send pics because they will not inspect in person) they denied completely the claim and we have to sleep in a $6k mattress that continuously makes you roll into the middle of the bed because it has collapsed over an inch. Do yourself a favor and buy anything else.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

Provided all the necessary photos and information to process a valid claim for a sagging mattress. It was not accepted. There is no intention of honoring any mattress warranty, ever. Mattress only 5 years old and sags like an old gray mare. Totally inferior product along with their warranty.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

The topper itself is excellent but I ordered the wrong size due in part to my error and in part to Tempur-Pedic's website design. I contacted the company immediately upon receipt of the wrong size and my call was transferred to their escalation team. Even though the item was unused and in new condition with the original packaging, the company refused to make a return. I am out $265.23 and because the topper was needed for surgery recovery in a hospital bed, I still had to order the correct size.

Bottom line is find and READ their return policy before ordering anything. They give no warning that items in your shopping cart are not returnable even though their retailers offer returns. Don't buy directly from Tempur-Pedic if there is any question, especially on high ticket items like power bed frames. Purchase through one of their retailers or Amazon instead. The only thing they take returns on is the mattresses. Absolutely terrible experience. Would give zero stars if I could.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I would not recommend these pillows to anyone. I’ve had my pillows for a few years now. I have to interchange the pillows because the memory foam does not go back to the original form after laying on them overnight. I have stopped using them all together. They are flat and have a divot in the center. I have tried to file a claim with the warranty department to replace the pillows and they told me that my pillows do not meet the requirements for replacement.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

I bought a Tempur- Pedic mattress in January 2021. We tried the mattress at City Furniture and we liked it. We knew it was overpriced but we want the most comfortable bed for us. Since the first night, we are not sleeping comfortably. Many friends said we needed to adapt and everything would be fine after a couple of weeks. After all these months, we are still not sleeping comfortably. We noticed the mattress was sagging and filed a warranty claim with Tempur -Pedic. Now they are stating they can not cover my warranty because my bed frame is the problem. How can my bed frame be the problem if I had a mattress before Tempur-Pedic and it did not have any problem? When I bought the warranty City Furniture told me it was the best warranty and they cover anything. I feel I have been robbed.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information