3.74/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

604 Tempur-Pedic Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 15, 2019

Have had this mattress since 1997 - 22 years. Had a 10 years warranty if I remember correctly. If so, it has surpassed both its warranty and my expectations. I love this mattress. It is from the time that there was only one model to get. Now there are so many models and none of them feels as good to me as my older one. The new ones are too soft for us.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We have enjoyed our purchase and the beds have held up well after 7 years of use. Expected more for the price we paid. We have not had any issues with our purchase so far. The warranty is reasonable as we can get a new mattress on a pro rata basis if we needed to. As far as comfort the mattresses can positioned in many ways. We can raise and lower the upper and lower ends of the mattresses if we have back or leg pain and a massage and heating features that add to comfort.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Love the mattress, only thing I wasn’t happy with they had to replace them because they were dipping, and it wasn’t 6 months. They did the same thing and they want to charge me $1400 for it to be replaced. They said was prorated now from the purchase time in the beginning, I felt they should have replaced it with no charge but they refused and they discontinued this model. So it wasn’t my fault as I’m the only one sleeping in it and I weigh 105 lbs, so wasn’t happy with that at all, now we are thinking of replacing them but I’m really confused rather to give them another try!!! Linda

Original review: April 1, 2019

We've had our mattress for 6 years, it is like we've had it 6 months. It has held up excellent, no sunk-in areas, it is as firm as when it was new. There are no body pressure points with this mattress, you wake up feeling refreshed. We have always had a mattress cover that supposed to keep it cool, we are in So California and have not noticed being overheated. It's not ideal for relations however there are ways to work that out.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Although I’m writing this review in 2019, we purchased ours in 2006. It took about 3 weeks to get used to rolling over because this mattress doesn’t have springs and, therefore, doesn’t bounce when we move. We LOVE THIS MATTRESS! I was reading the more recent purchasers reviews and I just had to defend this AWESOME MATTRESS and box spring!

However, I DO recall a weird smell at first, but it disappeared quickly and we have NO REMORSE after having purchased this. AND it does have two permanent impressions where our bodies have been all these years, but we will get at least a partial discount for a new one. But NOW I’m wondering whether they’re not made as well as they were in 2006! We shall soon see!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: June 12, 2019

I have a Grand Tempur-Pedic (over $6,000) because I have a bad back. It came with a lifetime warranty. After several years of use the mattress wears out. I sink so far down in the mattress at night. It is like crawling out of a hole to turn over. Forget back support. The reason I was willing to spend that kind of money was for back support. I tried to file a claim under my lifetime warranty. After several days of back and forth runaround, they declined the claim. They say it is "normal". So, if you want to spend a bunch of money on a mattress for your back only to have it hurt your back several years in with no warranty, Tempur-Pedic is for you.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Tempurpedic mattresses have a reputation as high quality for a very high price. Yes, the mattress is indeed a very high quality -- I have never experienced as great a sleep in my life! I had purchased the Ergo adjustable bed with a mattress that stays cool; clearly, everything about the mattress and bed have been well thought through.

With the adjustable bed, I was advised correctly that one needs extra-long fitted sheets (this allows room for the mattress to "bend)." So I called Tempurpedic to order two sets of sheets and paid $25 for express shipping so I could have them before the bed arrived. This is where it gets interesting, as Tempurpedic proved multiple times that it not only deserves its reputation for high prices, but it does what it can to charge the customer as much as it can. And I have total confidence that should an opportunity arise where the company can make an extra buck out of the customer, even if the customer has a reasonable request, Tempurpedic will do everything in its power to do so.

First, Tempurpedic did not divulge anywhere that the sheets are commonly available sheets by DreamFit. The reason they don't mention that is that they (on their website) make them sound specially formulated for Tempurpedic, and then they charge significantly more than DreamFit sheets that can be found elsewhere. Second, if you get the sheets, don't open the package (because you see they are DreamFit) and want to return them, Tempurpedic will not take them back, treating them the same as if they had been opened and used (we all know used bedding cannot be returned, but not unopened bedding!)

Third, when the bed arrives a few days after you ordered it, you will find a coupon in the bed that says, "Register, and then buy one set of sheets from Tempurpedic and get a second one for free!" Since I had no idea I would be getting this coupon and since I had wanted my sheets to be there when the bed arrived, I had ordered them in advance. When I called Tempurpedic Customer Service to get them to apply the coupon, they said I had to do that before I ordered the sheets, not after.

Most stores would have simply credited me -- I mean, why let a customer who purchased a bed for around $10K walk away upset about $100 for a set of sheets when the customer did the most important things Tempurpedic wanted: Buy the bed and mattress, buy the sheets, and register the bed, all within a few days of one another. I have no doubt that should something happen to the bed just one day after the warranty expires, Tempurpedic would be the rare company to say, "Too bad, the warranty had expired!" Bottom-line for a Tempur-pedic product:

- Great bed
      - Very highly priced

- Company that you never want to do business with

Now, you need to decide what to do.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Bought the Tempur-Pedic mattress about 6 months ago. The guy in the store pushed one of the brand new ones that just came out. Said it was the best (Sorry I'm so frustrated I cannot remember which mattress it was). We kept that mattress about 2 months and could not deal with it. It was like sleeping on a concrete floor. So we returned that mattress and received another one, the Contour Elite Medium, at a cost of $170. Ridiculous.

We now have had the new mattress about 5-6 months and it is AWFUL. My husband now has chronic neck and back pain. I have not had a good night sleep in months. The mattress already sags in on the sides where you would normally sit to get into bed. We are not heavy people. This is a $4000 mattress that I am stuck with now. We have to sleep on our air mattress if we need a good night sleep.

Oh, also I would like to add, when the guys came to deliver my first mattress, they were not big enough to get the mattress up the stairs to our bedroom nor could they lift the adjustable bed frame. They returned the following day. Upon trying to get the frame upstairs they tore our walls up, dug the box into the drywall and tore up the door frame. Totally uncalled for. Bottom line is.... DO NOT BUY A TEMPUR-PEDIC MATTRESS.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I purchased a $5000 model Contour Elite Breeze in 2015. After 3 years the mattress became uncomfortable. The warranty department denied my claim because the impressions in the mattress weren't deep enough. They did however allow me to replace the mattress as a one time courtesy (I had to pay $175 shipping.) So I got a new replacement mattress (same model, different year) and after having it 6 months the mattress has already become uncomfortable. If you lie on it, you sink to the bottom. When you get out the mattress looks new, but it is not right. I thought I was crazy, and had my wife sleep on my side of the bed and she couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was.

So after going through the 2nd warranty process I've had my claim denied. This company won't budge, because my mattress doesn't meet their criteria. They even claim to not warrant the "comfort" of the mattress. This is crazy to me. Mattresses are all about comfort, how can they not warrant that? Bottom line is I'm now sleeping on a $100 Walmart mattress in the guest room which has kept up better over the years than my Tempur-Pedic. I'll never buy a Tempur-Pedic mattress again and highly suggest against purchasing from this company. You would think that spending $5000 on a mattress would get a mattress that would last at least 10 years. Caveat emptor.

Original review: May 21, 2019

We bought our mattress and base in 2014. Spent nearly $9,000 for it. This mattress was very hard to get use to. Fast forward, in 2016 had back surgery. This mattress has caused increase in pain. It is impossible to turn over with my back limitations. No other mattress causes this type of pain. Often, I can barely stand in the morning. I need to purchase a new mattress but find it difficult because of the cost of this mattress being retired and on a fixed income. Would definitely not purchase again and do not recommend it as a long-term mattress.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I purchased a "top of the line" Tempur-Pedic mattress in 2013. It is called the Cloud Luxe king mattress. I spent $5,400 to buy a bed and 6 years into ownership, the bed has a noticeable sag & loss of support directly in the center of the bed. There is no comfortable way to lay on this mattress anymore and I toss and turn all night, then awaken with back pain because the mattress no longer performs as it did when I purchased it.

I'm disappointed to the extreme because when I contacted Tempur-Pedic to honor their 10 year warranty, they denied my claim, in spite of providing them tremendous detail and photos of the defect. They do not seem to stand by their product or their warranty and IMMEDIATELY denied my claim the very day I submitted it with all the required information to show the defect. I do not respect their practice of claim DENIAL after making the customer jump through hoops to take half a dozen photos to prove the claim is valid, and demonstrate the defect. I would not waste my time submitting a claim with multiple photos showing sagging and loss of support if the defect did not exist. What would be the point?

It is disappointing when a company that sells "top of the line" mattresses for over $5,000 has a product fail 6 years into the 10 year warranty and refuses to work with me to repair or replace the defective mattress. I would not recommend anyone waste their time or money on a company who treats customers like this. It feels very unfair and makes the mattress seem way over priced if it only lasts such a short period of time. I feel as though I was taken advantage of by their deceptive warranty protection and was defrauded of a lot of money that I would have otherwise spent with a company who produces better quality products or honors their warranty!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have rheumatoid arthritis and recently replaced a 10+ year old coil spring mattress with this model mattress. I purchased the box springs and the mattress, but not the adjustable base. I paid $4,500 for this mattress begrudgingly because it was endorsed by the Arthritis Foundation and GUARANTEED for customer satisfaction. Keep this in mind as you read.

30 days after we purchased the mattress, we were not happy with it. It was too firm, so we went through where we purchased it for a replacement to a softer mattress. We originally purchased the firm and asked the reseller to exchange it for a medium. The reseller gladly exchanged it. No issues yet. Another 30 days and we agreed that it was still too firm and decided we wanted the soft mattress instead. I only weigh 120 lbs but my arthritis is so bad I cannot walk without assistance and I really need a good night's rest. Because we had already done 1 exchange, the reseller told us we would have to go through Tempur-Pedic. So the next day I called and found out the process from a GREAT rep on their customer service line. He was so helpful and nice. I immediately went online and filed a claim, specifically stating that this was not a DEFECT, included pictures and my receipt.

Within a couple of hours I had a response that my WARRANTY defect claim had been reviewed and denied. Obviously they didn't READ my request stating there wasn't anything wrong with it, we just were not satisfied with the purchase and only wanted an exchange to a soft level mattress. I even told them that I was considering buying the adjustable base, hoping that would make it better as well. I was fine with the $175 delivery and set up charge, which technically I shouldn't have to pay but I completely understand this and don't have an issue paying. So, I wrote back to claims and told them that I don't have a WARRANTY claim, but a satisfaction claim and to please have the right dept call or email me.

No word within a 2 week time period, so I wrote to them again. Again, I received a response apologizing for the issue and they would have the proper department contact me. Again, nothing from them so I wrote again. This has been going on for 2 MONTHS! I have REPEATEDLY asked for a manager to contact me but no one ever has. I told them they were going to be sorry because I will hire an attorney and I will sue for the $4,500 mattress, plus all the pain and suffering this is causing me and the time I've had to invest in writing to them and writing this and many other posts that I will be writing.

What happened to the complete CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE they tout? There is no satisfaction guarantee. After they have your money, they don't seem to care that you are not satisfied. How much would they really be out if they just exchanged my mattress? Recall, I was still willing to invest in the adjustable base and pay the delivery fee. They would be out nothing and they would then have a very happy customer, who sleeps comfortably (hopefully with the softer model) and who would tell everyone what a great company. Instead, they cannot seem to get their act together.

I am very, very, very disappointed and will be calling my lawyer and the local news channel to report this to them as well. I will also be posting this everywhere I can think to post on social media. This is just totally unacceptable in my opinion. In the long run, they are going to be sorry they didn't just simply exchange my mattress. I've worked for attorneys for years, my brother-in-law is a US Attorney in Wichita and so is my sister-in-law. Good luck Tempur-Pedic, your NOT HAPPY AND NEVER AGAIN CUSTOMER.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We were unhappy with the products as it was too hot to sleep in and too firm and wanted to return them within 90 days. But the company kept ignoring us. We called their 800 number several times and had to leave messages as nobody answers the phones. Also called the store we bought the mattresses at numerous times. Each time we were told that Tempur-Pedic will call us to arrange for a pick up. Six weeks later, after being repeatedly ignored, we had to use our credit card’s purchase protection plan to get our money back. We still have the mattresses. The company continues to ignore us Hoping that 90 days will pass and we will be stuck with the bad mattresses. Very, very dishonest.

Original review: May 2, 2019

If I could give them 0 stars I would. I originally purchased a mattress & foundation set from them in 2007. After 7 years of use the mattress developed a severe, permanent sag on one side. I started a warranty claim & they sent me a new mattress set of comparable make. 4 years later and the foundation has become so ridiculously squeaky that it wakes you up if you even roll over in bed at night! Started ANOTHER warranty claim & after getting the runaround for 2 weeks I am finally set to receive a new foundation next week.

Today as I was changing my bedding I noticed the mattress itself has again developed sags! Mind you, this set is only 4 years old as it was switched out in 2015 due to that original mattress sagging as well! I contacted Tempur-Pedic about doing another warranty claim & was informed that, even though my current set is only 4 years old, they would only offer me a 50% discount on the purchase of another set to replace it. The CSR was incredibly rude, and even though the executive manager I spoke with conceded that it sounded like I had been sent a defective mattress set in the warranty exchange 4 years ago, they were under no obligation to have to replace it.

Tempur-Pedic's warranty is a sham! Sure, they might replace a defective mattress within the first 10 years, but apparently they replace them with defective ones as a ploy to try to get even more $ out of their customers. I will NEVER purchase anything from this company again & I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM to anyone! These days you can get a mattress set of equal or better value for a lot less money from other reputable companies. Shame on Tempur-Pedic for their shady business practices, for NOT standing behind their products with integrity, and for trying to rip customers off!

Original review: April 16, 2019

Sears offered a full sized adjustable bed with cool gel Tempur-Pedic able to get a night's sleep, without waking due to pain or being too warm. I have had back surgery, and have arthritis and this is the only mattress I have found that is exceptional in all that it claims. Thank you Sears, it is not easy to find a full sized bed that has a great mattress and is adjustable.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We hate our Tempur-Pedic! We bought ours from Mathis Brothers and were told we would like it if we gave it time; whatever! Neither Tempur-Pedic or Mathis Brothers would do anything about it. This is our 3rd Tempur-Pedic purchase and I'm so disappointed! I will never spend another dime at Mathis Brothers or Tempur-Pedic!

Original review: April 16, 2019

This is my second Tempur. I love it but I don't like that it ruts. I do like the new feature that keeps it cool. I've never found a mattress that feels this good and with my major spine issues I need a good mattress.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I am delighted with the quality and the warranty. I even had occasion to use it once when a visitor's dog relieved itself on the foot end of my bed soaking the foam. Tempur-Pedic came right out, assessed the issue, decided it could not be properly cleaned and supplied me with a new mattress.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Ridiculously overpriced. It is not comfortable, does not deliver what was promised. Does not conform to the body nor repel body heat as advertised. Spent 4k, should have purchased a Sleep Number instead.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I find the mattress too firm for my shoulders, softer would be better. Overall I like the support though. Doesn’t lose shape quickly like other brands. It also is a Tempur-Pedic with foam coils and doesn’t have the trapping feeling and overheating that most Tempur-Pedic mattresses have.

Original review: April 12, 2019

It's really awesome, eliminated all pressure points during sleep, no more sleepless nights. We added the adjustable base as well which is a phenomenal option, everything about the sleeping experience has improved 10 fold. We will never ever buy another innerspring mattress. They are like sleeping on a bed of nails in comparison.

Original review: April 12, 2019

This is the most comfortable mattress set we have slept on in the 45 years that we've been married. Came with a 20 year warranty. It was an expensive purchase at the time but you get what you pay for. No other top brand mattress set that we have purchased over the years comes close to matching the Tempur-Pedic. Let's face it... Nothing beats a good night sleep.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I am on my third mattress and would not consider another brand. A little concerned about the chemical makeup though. I had a problem with my first purchase and they replaced it without any problems. I am about ready for a new one. I replace every ten years. I recommend this brand.

Original review: April 10, 2019

After 8 years it is like the day we bought it. Very good mattress. Very durable, never sags or gets lumpy like many pillowtop mattresses do. It never loses its shape even after years of service. I highly recommend it to anyone who hates lumpy or sagging mattresses.

Original review: April 10, 2019

You can not compare the Tempur-Pedic to any other mattress. Yes, it's expensive but you can not put a price on a good night sleep. Mattress pad had an issue but was replaced without hesitation. I've had several surgeries and I can honestly say, there is no better mattress that I can recommend.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The big downside is that when there is a problem you have to call a 1-800 number instead of issues being directly dealt with at the furniture store you bought it at. The furniture store doesn’t really tell you this when you are shopping for a mattress. The information is hidden from you.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I've had a bad back for years. By morning I couldn't breathe. I'd be so stiff and sore. But since I got my Tempur-Pedic I feel the best when I wake up. And so refreshed. Not more back pain and no more tingling in my arms either from pressure. I love my bed!!!

Original review: April 7, 2019

Great mattress. My only complaint is that it is difficult to sit on the edge because the mattress is not firm enough. I find myself sliding off the mattress when I sit on the edge to put my shoes and socks on. Or I just sit on the edge to relax as I get ready for the day.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I've had my mattress almost 7 years and have moved with it 3 times and needed to leave it in storage for 6 months. Setting it up the last time was great, I missed feeling comfortable and always sleep well with it.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Comfortable but would have preferred a firmer mattress. I did not personally buy this. It was a gift. It felt good at first but after a year it started to get softer. I thought it would take longer. I will probably buy a mattress topper within the next year or so.

Tempur-Pedic expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Tempur-Pedic makes its own specialized brand of memory foam beds that adapt to your specific shape, weight and temperature to help you get a good night's sleep.

• Variety: Tempur-Pedic offers a wide variety of bed styles depending on your needs, including Tempur-Cloud, Tempur-Contour, Tempur-Choice, Tempur-Breeze and Tempur-Weightless.

• Materials: The Tempur-Breeze has cooling technology and an ultra-breathable design to keep you cool, which can improve the quality of sleep you get.

• Support: It offers excellent customer support and delivers your new mattress directly to your door, removing your old mattress and packing materials.

• Warranty: It offers a 10-year warranty covering your mattress and flat foundation.

• Accessories: In addition to mattresses, it also offers Tempur-Pedic pillows and mattress covers.

• Best for: Tempur-Pedic mattresses are best for special needs and professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information