2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Tempur-Pedic Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

Sears offered a full sized adjustable bed with cool gel Tempur-Pedic able to get a night's sleep, without waking due to pain or being too warm. I have had back surgery, and have arthritis and this is the only mattress I have found that is exceptional in all that it claims. Thank you Sears, it is not easy to find a full sized bed that has a great mattress and is adjustable.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Have had this mattress since 1997 - 22 years. Had a 10 years warranty if I remember correctly. If so, it has surpassed both its warranty and my expectations. I love this mattress. It is from the time that there was only one model to get. Now there are so many models and none of them feels as good to me as my older one. The new ones are too soft for us.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We have enjoyed our purchase and the beds have held up well after 7 years of use. Expected more for the price we paid. We have not had any issues with our purchase so far. The warranty is reasonable as we can get a new mattress on a pro rata basis if we needed to. As far as comfort the mattresses can positioned in many ways. We can raise and lower the upper and lower ends of the mattresses if we have back or leg pain and a massage and heating features that add to comfort.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Love the mattress, only thing I wasn’t happy with they had to replace them because they were dipping, and it wasn’t 6 months. They did the same thing and they want to charge me $1400 for it to be replaced. They said was prorated now from the purchase time in the beginning, I felt they should have replaced it with no charge but they refused and they discontinued this model. So it wasn’t my fault as I’m the only one sleeping in it and I weigh 105 lbs, so wasn’t happy with that at all, now we are thinking of replacing them but I’m really confused rather to give them another try!!! Linda

Original review: April 1, 2019

We've had our mattress for 6 years, it is like we've had it 6 months. It has held up excellent, no sunk-in areas, it is as firm as when it was new. There are no body pressure points with this mattress, you wake up feeling refreshed. We have always had a mattress cover that supposed to keep it cool, we are in So California and have not noticed being overheated. It's not ideal for relations however there are ways to work that out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I bought from the Swindon outlet (both bed and mattress). The slatted section of the bed has broken twice within a year of ownership, and repairs (in my experience) take at a minimum 1 month. The broken slatted section has caused a severe dip in the middle of the bid, which has led to my partner and I sleeping at the opposite end of the bed in order to ease the back pain caused by the large dip. When on a functioning bed, the mattress is comfortable, but the products are unreliable and I simply cannot recommend their products to anyone. Please avoid this brand and shop elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Replacement mattress did not meet the standard of the original. We purchased the Sweet Sleeper and were pleased with it. After 8 years the sides started to collapse. It was replaced under warranty with a Sayer Prosense. However, the Sayer Prosense has motion transfer. When one person moves the movement transfer across to the other side. This prohibits an uninterrupted sleep. The Sweet Sleeper had zero motion transfer which is why we purchased it. You literally could not detect the other person in the bed. We were told by Bill ** that the replacement mattress is equivalent in quality to the Sweet Sleeper. It is not. It is deficient in a critical aspect. Motion transfer is one quality mattress companies highlight. Obviously this is an important aspect of a good night's sleep. We are asking for an equivalent replacement like the warranty says. We will replace your mattress in full.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I purchased two pillow in November 2019. Their website advertises 90 day trial, so I took a risk to purchase online. Unfortunately the 90 day trial applies only on mattress, you need to go read a fine print to find out that there no returns even though the pillows are not comfortable. Very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Memory Foam - Warranty vs. "A normal increase in softness". I wish they advised us about this warranty statement before we purchased. This statement basically is the hidden "catch" when you buy. Our mattress (we bought the firm one, and we loved it), in a little over a year has produce a squishy soft sink hole, on both sides, where our body core rests. The "catch", after you get off the bed, the "memory foam" remembers to be flat, no warranty claim. So how many years do I have to wait to produce a 3/4" depression which would be honored? So memory foam, or its versions, is a great product to produce revenue without any hassles.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

We paid almost $10,000 for our bed, and after 6 years we noticed the sagging, which we have put up with until now. The mattress is only 8 years old and we can't stand it any longer, we are going numb at night when getting sucked into the hole. If I can manage to sleep on the edge where it's still a little firm, the numbing doesn't happen, so we know it's the bed. The camper mattress is better than this. The warranty is a joke! They will not honor it! Cathee **, Gresham, OR

Not sure about Tempur-Pedic?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mattress for you.

Tempur-Pedic expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Tempur-Pedic makes its own specialized brand of memory foam beds that adapt to your specific shape, weight and temperature to help you get a good night's sleep.

• Variety: Tempur-Pedic offers a wide variety of bed styles depending on your needs, including Tempur-Cloud, Tempur-Contour, Tempur-Choice, Tempur-Breeze and Tempur-Weightless.

• Materials: The Tempur-Breeze has cooling technology and an ultra-breathable design to keep you cool, which can improve the quality of sleep you get.

• Support: It offers excellent customer support and delivers your new mattress directly to your door, removing your old mattress and packing materials.

• Warranty: It offers a 10-year warranty covering your mattress and flat foundation.

• Accessories: In addition to mattresses, it also offers Tempur-Pedic pillows and mattress covers.

• Best for: Tempur-Pedic mattresses are best for special needs and professionals.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information