2.9/5 (1437 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Tempur-Pedic

Tempur-Pedic is the original developer of memory foam mattresses. When you purchase from Tempur-Pedic or an authorized dealer, the warranty covers the mattress for 10 years, which is as long as traditional mattresses are typically expected to last. The Arthritis Foundation recommends Tempur-Pedic products based on evaluations by users, which makes the company a strong choice for those with joint pain.

Pros

• Good warranty
  • Risk-free sleep trial
  • Wide selection

Cons

• Might lose firmness over time
  • Heavy materials

Bottom Line

Tempur-Pedic mattress options include cooling materials, pressure-relieving support and adjustable bases. Its mattresses cost more than many traditional brands, but they’re made with long-lasting, high-quality material.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Top Tempur-Pedic Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

You can not compare the Tempur-Pedic to any other mattress. Yes, it's expensive but you can not put a price on a good night sleep. Mattress pad had an issue but was replaced witho...

Verified

We've had our mattress for 6 years, it is like we've had it 6 months. It has held up excellent, no sunk-in areas, it is as firm as when it was new. There are no body pressure poin...

What is Tempur-Pedic?

Tempur-Pedic sells mattresses constructed with several layers of memory foam and hybrid mattresses that combine innersprings with memory foam. Tempur-Pedic owns the original formula of memory foam developed for a NASA contract. A Tempur-Pedic mattress uses memory foam (viscoelastic polyurethane foam) in place of traditional mattress filler.

Consumers can choose among a range of firmness levels for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Features and options include reduced motion transfer, cool-to-touch materials, pressure relief support and adjustable bases. Tempur-Pedic mattresses come in sizes from twin (and XL twin for dorm rooms) to California king.

Tempur-Pedic mattress models

You can choose from four types of Tempur-Pedic mattresses. Each type has customizable options.

• Tempur-Adapt: Starting at $2,199 for a queen-size mattress, the Tempur-Adapt collection is Tempur-Pedic’s most affordable line. It’s available in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress. This model features knit technology that feels cool to the touch and a Tempur-ES layer designed for extra support. The mattress comes in all sizes, including split king and split California king.
  • Tempur-ProAdapt: Starting at $2,999 for a queen, Tempur-ProAdapt offers advanced pressure relief for deep relaxation. Firmness levels for the memory foam mattresses range from soft to firm, and a hybrid mattress is available in medium firmness. The SmartClimate dual cover system features a zip-off outer layer for easy cleaning. It includes a comfort layer and a Tempur-APR support layer.
  • Tempur-LuxeAdapt: Prices for a queen-size Tempur-LuxeAdapt start at $3,699. This collection features a zip-off cover, Tempur-APR support layer and Tempur-ES comfort layer. The LuxeAdapt mattress offers maximum pressure relief and motion cancellation.
  • Tempur-Breeze: Prices start at $3,999 for a queen-size mattress. The Tempur-Breeze collection features PRObreeze or LUXEbreeze options designed to promote extreme breathability and surface cooling. PRObreeze keeps you 3 degrees cooler during sleep and LUXEbreeze makes it 8 degrees cooler. The PRO comes in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress, and the LUXE comes in soft or firm models.

Tempur-Pedic mattress prices

The cost of a Tempur-Pedic mattress ranges from about $2,000 to $4,000 for a queen-size model. All of the company’s mattresses come with a 90-day risk-free trial and free white-glove delivery. Financing options start at $59 per month for qualified customers. The Tempur-Pedic mattress warranty lasts 10 years when you purchase from the company or an authorized dealer.

Tempur-AdaptTempur-ProAdaptTempur-LuxeAdaptTempur-Breeze
Twin$1,699$2,499$3,199$3,499
Double$2,049$2,849N/A$3,849
Queen$2,199$2,999$3,699$3,999
King$2,899$3,699$4,399$4,699
Split king$3,398$4,998$6,398$6,998

Tempur-Pedic FAQ

How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress cost?
The starting price for a queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress purchased directly from the company is around $2,100. The top-of-the-line LUXEbreeze split king costs $8,398.
How long does a Tempur-Pedic mattress last?
The warranty on a Tempur-Pedic mattress lasts 10 years. Tempur-Pedic uses a proprietary formula for high-density foam that typically lasts longer than other low-density memory foam mattresses, which can wear out after about three years. Body weight, frequency of use and materials also affect durability.
How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress weigh?
A standard queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress weighs 96 pounds. Because of the high-density foam used in construction, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are heavier than traditional innerspring mattresses.
Is Tempur-Pedic memory foam?
Yes, Tempur-Pedic makes memory foam mattresses. Tempur-Pedic uses high-density viscoelastic polyurethane foam, also called memory foam, that restores its shape after being condensed.
Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses soften up?
When you first get a Tempur-Pedic mattress, it might feel firmer than expected. The cells in the foam begin to open the more you sleep on it, adjusting to your weight for a softer feel. The warranty does not cover what the company refers to as a “normal increase in softness.”
Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames?
Yes, Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames. Because they are heavier, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are not properly supported by bed frames designed for a traditional innerspring mattress. Tempur-Pedic mattresses should not be placed on top of a box spring.
Where is Tempur-Pedic made?
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are made in the United States. The company has several manufacturing plants in the country.
Who sells Tempur-Pedic mattresses?
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are sold directly from the company in stores or online. You can also visit or order online from authorized dealers, including some chiropractors.

Is Tempur-Pedic worth it?

Tempur-Pedic offers an extensive selection of mattress models and firmness levels to suit almost anyone. Its customers are generally satisfied with the comfort of their mattresses and the life span of the product. Some customers reported difficulty getting warranty service or returning the mattresses within the 90-day trial period, however.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Sealy/Tempur-Pedic hates the military and veterans by illegally discriminating against them by actually charging them more money for less of a product/service bundle. Tempur-Pedic says they support the military and veterans by providing their mattresses to the Military Exchanges (more or less the military box department store). Under that logic, they support Mattress Firm and Mattress Factory. But also, nearly every product found at Target or Walmart can be found generally found at the Military Exchange. So how does Tempur-Pedi actually support the military?

But let's look at the facts: the Exchange price is nearly equal to the MSRP value on Tempur-Pedic's website. However, Tempur-Pedic and their other partners are normally running discounts of some sort making purchasing through the Military Exchange more costly. Secondly, Tempur-Pedic does not provide the military or veterans with their 90-sleep trial that everyone else gets even those who buy through other 3rd-Party vendors like Matress Firm. Thirdly, the maximum financing that the Military Exchange generally provides is 18 months using their credit card at standard credit card rates instead of the 24, 36, 48, or 60 months 0% financing provided by Tempur-Pedic or their Third Party Vendors (e.g., Mattress Firm).

Lastly, almost all their competitors--whether we are talking Sleep Number, GhostBed, Purple, Casper, or others in the bedding industry--offer veteran discounts from 15% on the low end to 45% on the high end. No one should support a business that discriminates against military and veterans by charging them more for inferior products and services than the general population.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Deceptive marketing practices - No returns and exchanges. I bought 2 king-sized TEMPUR-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling - the top-of-the-line pillows. My wife tried it for one day and went back to her old pillow. I used it for a week and as time went on my neck and shoulders began to ache by day 7. At first, the pillow feels really comfortable. In about 5 minutes it depresses into a rock-like surface with very little support.

So I reached out to customer service to ask about returns and their response, "due to the personal nature of pillows, we don't accept returns or exchanges." I called support, I went back and forth with them via calls and emails, and it was explained that this is a clause deep in their return policy. It's a bit misleading as they claim a 90-day satisfaction guarantee but that is only on mattresses. Buy at your own risk. Just know if you want to shell out $150 for a pillow from Tempur-Pedic it's yours forever.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

The reason they give for not accepting returns on pillows is because they are "used as personal items". For hygienic reasons, I can understand. But if the pillow is still sealed in the plastic packaging, then it was NOT used as a personal item. And yet they would not let me return it. They don't care about customers and just want your money, using deceptive practices to do so.

The visual guide for choosing the right size pillow is deceptive, which is why I bought it and immediately realized it would not work for me once I received it in the mail. The visual guide says to measure neck to shoulder to find the right size, anyone would assume that is to determine the right length of the pillow. Yet the size of the pillow does not refer to the length, but to the HEIGHT/THICKNESS of the pillow. My dad fits the "Large" size, yet it is too high for him because the guide is incorrect. I will be recommending everyone to avoid Tempur-Pedic. You cannot trust the guides, and they refuse to let you return it even if it's in brand new, never used condition. My whole family uses Tempur-Pedic mattresses and pillows in all our houses, but we will no longer purchase from this company.

Original review: July 11, 2022

It has been 2 weeks and my mattress still hasn’t even left its initial location. I have been lied to over and over about the progress and now the ETA is 4 weeks after my order was placed (and who knows if it will even deliver then). Worst delivery and tracking experience I have ever had. I expect better from a $3100 purchase.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I purchased a Tempur-Pedic mattress about five years ago. As of today is badly sagging in two different spots. One is so bad you physically feel the springs below it the foam is completely failing. Supposedly this mattress has a ten year warranty so I got into contact with the exchange department and sent in my claim. It was instantly denied apparently because there is a stain from a spilled drink on the corner of the bed. Despite this stain being nowhere near the sagging parts and having no damage at all because of the spills they instantly denied my claim. Then they justified it saying the bed was clearly "physically abused" and "improperly stored" a couple of made up assumptions they just threw in there.

They also claim there are "burn" marks in there, which there are not. This is all coming from pictures I sent them by the way I have no idea how they came to this belief without actually seeing the mattress in person. I did ask them to send someone to inspect the mattress, as per their exchange guidelines, and they again completely refused to even consider it.

So three big warnings for anyone buying tempur-pedic beds. The beds can start to sag badly to the point of being unusable within five years. The warranty is a lie it has no warranty. Finally, their exchange department isn't an "exchange" department. They do not exist to help you exchange your bed or fulfill the warranty. They are there to deny claims in any and every way they can find or just make up and write you off completely.

Original review: June 6, 2022

This company is a bunch of liars looking to screw the consumer and no honor a warranty. They simply suck. The mattress memory foam sags after several years. I provided all of the information to them but they have indicated that they will not honor my warranty because I didn't purchase a mattress protector which was not a requirement nor is written anywhere in my warranty. They simply are looking to screw the consumer.

Original review: June 3, 2022

The customer service and repair of their adjustable bed was a nightmare - long hold times, not being able to fix it the first time, reps are not empowered. Disappointing. I did like their product, but won't buy it again for the above reason.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Sad to tell you - if you are thinking of buying a Tempur-pedic because you heard it is the "top of the line"... You've been misinformed - the only thing "top of the line" about them anymore is the price!! We bought their mattress when the company was small - cared about its customers - also when they had no competition. Unfortunately, our 1st mattress did have to be replaced due to serious sagging issues. Even though that was an ordeal, the lady was great to deal with, she even verified that we would have a new warranty starting with the new replacement mattress.

It has now been 8+ years and this 2nd mattress has lumps, ridges and is extremely uncomfortable. I contacted the company's customer service - who now is also doesn't also outsourcing that portion to place a wall and not take care of customers' issues regarding their "supposed warranty". Basically, I was blown off regarding the warranty replacement stated in the paperwork for issues prior to 10 years - and remember this is our 2nd go round with a bad mattress... Seriously! - Oh - by the way, I did let them know I was disabled, and that this is a serious problem for me.. They couldn't care less! Don't buy a Tempur-pedic. You will regret it - warn your friends and family.

Original review: May 25, 2022

This is my second Tempur-Pedic. My first one has never given us any issues. This one has broken down and become basically unusable. It has a big hump in the middle and dips on each side. We have submitted multiple photos including photos with a measuring tape and they refuse to honor their warranty. There are no stains and the bed has always had a protector. I have taken photos both with and without the quilted top. Buyer beware!! THERE IS NO WARRANTY even though they claim to provide one.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I purchased my mattress in 2013 and for the first five years it held up pretty well but after a while I started having a lot of back pains, but I just continually tend to ignored it. When finally I couldn’t take it anymore. I come to find out it was because of the mattress was sagging so bad. It became a daily routine for me constantly having to add air into it. I contacted the warranty department and complied and sent all the pictures they asked above and beyond but no matter how many times I sent pictures and their request there was always some form of an excuse. I have a 10 year warranty on it which I paid for. I feel like they’re trying to get me to the point where I’ll just give up so they don’t have to replacing the mattress, which isn’t fair. They should stand by their product! Well I’m not giving up. I really hope somebody reads this from their Corporate office and does something about it. My contact info is: **.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information