2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.61/5

Tempur-Pedic is the original developer of memory foam mattresses. When you purchase from Tempur-Pedic or an authorized dealer, the warranty covers the mattress for 10 years, which is as long as traditional mattresses are typically expected to last. The Arthritis Foundation recommends Tempur-Pedic products based on evaluations by users, which makes the company a strong choice for those with joint pain.

BOTTOM LINE

Tempur-Pedic mattress options include cooling materials, pressure-relieving support and adjustable bases. Its mattresses cost more than many traditional brands, but they’re made with long-lasting, high-quality material.

PROS
  • Good warranty
  • Risk-free sleep trial
  • Wide selection
CONS
  • Might lose firmness over time
  • Heavy materials

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Top Tempur-Pedic Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

You can not compare the Tempur-Pedic to any other mattress. Yes, it's expensive but you can not put a price on a good night sleep. Mattress pad had an issue but was replaced without hesitation. ...There is no better mattress that I can recommend.

We've had our mattress for 6 years, it is like we've had it 6 months. It has held up excellent, no sunk-in areas, it is as firm as when it was new. There are no body pressure points with this mattress, you wake up feeling refreshed.

What is Tempur-Pedic?

Tempur-Pedic sells mattresses constructed with several layers of memory foam and hybrid mattresses that combine innersprings with memory foam. Tempur-Pedic owns the original formula of memory foam developed for a NASA contract. A Tempur-Pedic mattress uses memory foam (viscoelastic polyurethane foam) in place of traditional mattress filler.

Consumers can choose among a range of firmness levels for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Features and options include reduced motion transfer, cool-to-touch materials, pressure relief support and adjustable bases. Tempur-Pedic mattresses come in sizes from twin (and XL twin for dorm rooms) to California king.

Tempur-Pedic mattress models

You can choose from four types of Tempur-Pedic mattresses. Each type has customizable options.

• Tempur-Adapt: Starting at $2,199 for a queen-size mattress, the Tempur-Adapt collection is Tempur-Pedic’s most affordable line. It’s available in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress. This model features knit technology that feels cool to the touch and a Tempur-ES layer designed for extra support. The mattress comes in all sizes, including split king and split California king.
    • Tempur-ProAdapt: Starting at $2,999 for a queen, Tempur-ProAdapt offers advanced pressure relief for deep relaxation. Firmness levels for the memory foam mattresses range from soft to firm, and a hybrid mattress is available in medium firmness. The SmartClimate dual cover system features a zip-off outer layer for easy cleaning. It includes a comfort layer and a Tempur-APR support layer.
    • Tempur-LuxeAdapt: Prices for a queen-size Tempur-LuxeAdapt start at $3,699. This collection features a zip-off cover, Tempur-APR support layer and Tempur-ES comfort layer. The LuxeAdapt mattress offers maximum pressure relief and motion cancellation.
    • Tempur-Breeze: Prices start at $3,999 for a queen-size mattress. The Tempur-Breeze collection features PRObreeze or LUXEbreeze options designed to promote extreme breathability and surface cooling. PRObreeze keeps you 3 degrees cooler during sleep and LUXEbreeze makes it 8 degrees cooler. The PRO comes in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress, and the LUXE comes in soft or firm models.

Tempur-Pedic mattress prices

The cost of a Tempur-Pedic mattress ranges from about $2,000 to $4,000 for a queen-size model. All of the company’s mattresses come with a 90-day risk-free trial and free white-glove delivery. Financing options start at $59 per month for qualified customers. The Tempur-Pedic mattress warranty lasts 10 years when you purchase from the company or an authorized dealer.

Tempur-AdaptTempur-ProAdaptTempur-LuxeAdaptTempur-Breeze
    Twin$1,699$2,499$3,199$3,499
    Double$2,049$2,849N/A$3,849
    Queen$2,199$2,999$3,699$3,999
    King$2,899$3,699$4,399$4,699
    Split king$3,398$4,998$6,398$6,998

Tempur-Pedic FAQ

How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress cost?
    The starting price for a queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress purchased directly from the company is around $2,100. The top-of-the-line LUXEbreeze split king costs $8,398.
    How long does a Tempur-Pedic mattress last?
    The warranty on a Tempur-Pedic mattress lasts 10 years. Tempur-Pedic uses a proprietary formula for high-density foam that typically lasts longer than other low-density memory foam mattresses, which can wear out after about three years. Body weight, frequency of use and materials also affect durability.
    How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress weigh?
    A standard queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress weighs 96 pounds. Because of the high-density foam used in construction, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are heavier than traditional innerspring mattresses.
    Is Tempur-Pedic memory foam?
    Yes, Tempur-Pedic makes memory foam mattresses. Tempur-Pedic uses high-density viscoelastic polyurethane foam, also called memory foam, that restores its shape after being condensed.
    Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses soften up?
    When you first get a Tempur-Pedic mattress, it might feel firmer than expected. The cells in the foam begin to open the more you sleep on it, adjusting to your weight for a softer feel. The warranty does not cover what the company refers to as a “normal increase in softness.”
    Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames?
    Yes, Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames. Because they are heavier, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are not properly supported by bed frames designed for a traditional innerspring mattress. Tempur-Pedic mattresses should not be placed on top of a box spring.
    Where is Tempur-Pedic made?
    Tempur-Pedic mattresses are made in the United States. The company has several manufacturing plants in the country.
    Who sells Tempur-Pedic mattresses?
    Tempur-Pedic mattresses are sold directly from the company in stores or online. You can also visit or order online from authorized dealers, including some chiropractors.

Is Tempur-Pedic worth it?

Tempur-Pedic offers an extensive selection of mattress models and firmness levels to suit almost anyone. Its customers are generally satisfied with the comfort of their mattresses and the life span of the product. Some customers reported difficulty getting warranty service or returning the mattresses within the 90-day trial period, however.

Tempur-Pedic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: April 11, 2021

This mattress failed after 4 years by either materials/craftmanship or both. This mattress was a replacement selected by Tempur-Pedic. Tempur-Pedic was contacted and sent their independent inspector who confirmed the failure. The mattress was advertised in print and verbally by a customer service representative that offered a 10 year warranty, now Tempur-Pedic is back dating their warranty to the initial failed mattress. This was never discussed or included in the replacement paperwork I received. No matter how one looks at this, the mattress failed in its 4th year and that should be a concern to Tempur-Pedic, but it is not. I would not consider Tempur-Pedic, especially with all the foam mattresses available.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I ordered a high dollar mattress on 1/21/2021. We received the mattress on 2/2/2021. By 2/9/2021 we knew there was absolutely no way we would be able to keep this mattress. We ordered the extra soft plush. This thing was like sleeping on a concrete floor. When we woke our whole body just ache. We waited the full 30 days before asking for a refund per their policy. In the meantime we sleep upstairs in the extra bedroom. When the time came we called to request a refund. Staying on hold for 1 hour and 37 minutes to finally getting a rep to begin the refund process. It took her 30 minutes to get this complete. I was told we would be contacted with 48 hours for a pickup time. A week later no contact so I emailed because I was not waiting on hold another hour and 30 minutes.

As of today, 3/19/2021 and 14 emails back and forth and promises I would hear from someone for a pickup. I was told due to COVID all pickups are on hold. I responded “why picks and not deliveries?” I got my mattress during COVID with no problem and now there is a problem with getting it picked up and refunded. Customer service is horrible. Don’t waste your time or money!

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2021

We purchased a Tempur-Pedic Cloud Supreme Breeze Mattress 5 years ago from Sleep Country. It came with a 10 year warranty and it was not cheap.... The top foam portion of the mattress literally disintegrated and we started sinking into the mattress. We reached out to Sleep Country to ask about the warranty process. We had to go online and input all kinds of information and upload pictures. After going through this extremely painful online warranty process, we have been told that Tempur-pedic is not going to replace anything under warranty because there is a stain on the mattress pad. They basically accused us of lying, telling us that we must have spilled something on the mattress and that is why our warranty is void.

We tried several times to tell them the stain is coming from the disintegrating foam underneath and a stain is seeping upward into the mattress cover. Didn't matter how many pictures we sent or how many conversations we had, the answer was "no". They don't even have anyone who could actually come out and look at the mattress for themselves. We paid good money for this mattress and will "NEVER" again purchase a Tempur-pedic mattress nor will I recommend one to anyone I know.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I ordered this product on February 05, 2021 and now it's March 15th. I have called over 4 times now trying to figure out what's going on my with mattress. I ordered the smart base + cool breeze mattress. The communication between delivery team and Tempur Pedic is super bad. My base has not been shipped yet but they are trying to deliver my mattress. Fyi calls are about an hour wait times.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I purchased a mattress topper during the holidays at half off. The mattress topper which was normally 600 was on sale for 300 for a king. It arrived frozen and wouldn't even open up. I called customer service who said to give it a day to defrost and it should be ok. It did defrost. However within a week of trying to sleep on it my husband and I were in pain, his hip and my back. I called customer service and they assured me I'd hear from the pick up company in 7-10 business days and once it was picked up they would refund the total purchase price.

3 weeks later no contact of any sort. I called and they said to give it another week. Still nothing and mind you when you call be prepared to sit on hold for an hour at minimum. This king size mattress topper is now rolled up and sitting in my garage taking up room so I can't pull my car in now. I get them on the phone and ask them kindly to let me donate the thing and just refund. The cost of the pickup probably exceeds the cost of the used topper anyways. They agree and said I could donate and I should have a refund in 3-5 business days. Of course a week later and nothing.

I've also tried their facebook page by posting and chats with service and alls you get is, "I'll reach out to my team...." Useless. I call on 2/5/21 and speak to Savannah ** who honestly sounded like this might be it, maybe she is honest and will finally help me. She even emailed me she would get back to me in 3-5 business days with when I should see the refund. Well today is 2/17 and no call, in fact I tried replying to the email twice and no response. Wish I could attach a pic of my phone to show I'm now on hold 2 hrs 17mins. I am totally shocked at how back their customer service is. I can honestly say they are the worst I have ever had to deal with and I have never written a complaint on any company. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!! I don't care what they offer or what their warranty policy states, it's all lies.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I purchased our tropic breeze for 3k, a lot to pay for in a mattress. We looked at a great deal of companies and just didn't want to purchase again in the coming years. It had a 10 yr warranty which was exceptional for our needs. As it turns out the stitching came on the top cover started coming loose within 12 months. It was replaced within a week and we were very pleased. This is a mattress we intend on using for many years and now have peace of mind that if it fails we will get it replaced.

Original review: May 14, 2020

The Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed may be expensive but well worth it. I can adjust it to my comfort level. I never have pressure points or aches in the morning. We purchased it during a promotion. The financing was zero interest over 4 years. They delivered and set it up along with instructions. We have now paid it off and never had any problem with the finance people. Even though we have had it for 4 years it is as if it's brand new. I am a large lady and it is not breaking down under my weight. I love our bed?

Original review: May 13, 2020

Tempur-Pedic is, hands down, the best mattress company we have ever done business with. The entire experience, from our initial inquiries during the shopping and comparing phase, all the way through to the delivery and set up, has been fantastic. The associates at Tempur-Pedic absolutely mean it when they say they are invested in your experience with them, taking the time to make sure we were completely comfortable with every decision we made. We are looking forward to dealing with them again when it's time to furnish our guest house, and we highly recommend Tempur-Pedic, with full confidence, to anyone who is in the market for a new, high quality mattress from a reputable company.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Very expensive split King with lots of bells and whistles. The adjustable head and feet functions very well and as a Godsend for recuperating from surgeries both husband wife. We can independently control each side of the bed and it is very comfortable providing a good nights rest for the entire family (our 2 Welsh Terriers just love the comfort). Very sturdy framing albeit very heavy to move. Now we are retired on fixed income and hope it will last the rest of our lives. Have had for at least 8 years with no issues. The massage built in is also a nice perk!!

Original review: April 30, 2020

I sleep better than I have ever slept in my life, it take a little to get use to it, I also bought the king pillows but I like the queen size better because they are more solid than the kings. I have a Tempur-Pedic king and queen size mattress of the top of the line Cloud Breeze Soft. I do not like the company and the employee and management. They are rude, do not back up the merchandise and will find any way to get out of any returns or problems that arise.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information