Find a Mattress Brands partner

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.9/5 (335 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Tempur-Pedic

Tempur-Pedic is the original developer of memory foam mattresses. When you purchase from Tempur-Pedic or an authorized dealer, the warranty covers the mattress for 10 years, which is as long as traditional mattresses are typically expected to last. The Arthritis Foundation recommends Tempur-Pedic products based on evaluations by users, which makes the company a strong choice for those with joint pain.

Pros

• Good warranty
  • Risk-free sleep trial
  • Wide selection

Cons

• Might lose firmness over time
  • Heavy materials

Bottom Line

Tempur-Pedic mattress options include cooling materials, pressure-relieving support and adjustable bases. Its mattresses cost more than many traditional brands, but they’re made with long-lasting, high-quality material.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Top Tempur-Pedic Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

You can not compare the Tempur-Pedic to any other mattress. Yes, it's expensive but you can not put a price on a good night sleep. Mattress pad had an issue but was replaced witho...

Verified

We've had our mattress for 6 years, it is like we've had it 6 months. It has held up excellent, no sunk-in areas, it is as firm as when it was new. There are no body pressure poin...

What is Tempur-Pedic?

Tempur-Pedic sells mattresses constructed with several layers of memory foam and hybrid mattresses that combine innersprings with memory foam. Tempur-Pedic owns the original formula of memory foam developed for a NASA contract. A Tempur-Pedic mattress uses memory foam (viscoelastic polyurethane foam) in place of traditional mattress filler.

Consumers can choose among a range of firmness levels for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Features and options include reduced motion transfer, cool-to-touch materials, pressure relief support and adjustable bases. Tempur-Pedic mattresses come in sizes from twin (and XL twin for dorm rooms) to California king.

Tempur-Pedic mattress models

You can choose from four types of Tempur-Pedic mattresses. Each type has customizable options.

• Tempur-Adapt: Starting at $2,199 for a queen-size mattress, the Tempur-Adapt collection is Tempur-Pedic’s most affordable line. It’s available in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress. This model features knit technology that feels cool to the touch and a Tempur-ES layer designed for extra support. The mattress comes in all sizes, including split king and split California king.
  • Tempur-ProAdapt: Starting at $2,999 for a queen, Tempur-ProAdapt offers advanced pressure relief for deep relaxation. Firmness levels for the memory foam mattresses range from soft to firm, and a hybrid mattress is available in medium firmness. The SmartClimate dual cover system features a zip-off outer layer for easy cleaning. It includes a comfort layer and a Tempur-APR support layer.
  • Tempur-LuxeAdapt: Prices for a queen-size Tempur-LuxeAdapt start at $3,699. This collection features a zip-off cover, Tempur-APR support layer and Tempur-ES comfort layer. The LuxeAdapt mattress offers maximum pressure relief and motion cancellation.
  • Tempur-Breeze: Prices start at $3,999 for a queen-size mattress. The Tempur-Breeze collection features PRObreeze or LUXEbreeze options designed to promote extreme breathability and surface cooling. PRObreeze keeps you 3 degrees cooler during sleep and LUXEbreeze makes it 8 degrees cooler. The PRO comes in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress, and the LUXE comes in soft or firm models.

Tempur-Pedic mattress prices

The cost of a Tempur-Pedic mattress ranges from about $2,000 to $4,000 for a queen-size model. All of the company’s mattresses come with a 90-day risk-free trial and free white-glove delivery. Financing options start at $59 per month for qualified customers. The Tempur-Pedic mattress warranty lasts 10 years when you purchase from the company or an authorized dealer.

Tempur-AdaptTempur-ProAdaptTempur-LuxeAdaptTempur-Breeze
Twin$1,699$2,499$3,199$3,499
Double$2,049$2,849N/A$3,849
Queen$2,199$2,999$3,699$3,999
King$2,899$3,699$4,399$4,699
Split king$3,398$4,998$6,398$6,998

Tempur-Pedic FAQ

How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress cost?
The starting price for a queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress purchased directly from the company is around $2,100. The top-of-the-line LUXEbreeze split king costs $8,398.
How long does a Tempur-Pedic mattress last?
The warranty on a Tempur-Pedic mattress lasts 10 years. Tempur-Pedic uses a proprietary formula for high-density foam that typically lasts longer than other low-density memory foam mattresses, which can wear out after about three years. Body weight, frequency of use and materials also affect durability.
How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress weigh?
A standard queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress weighs 96 pounds. Because of the high-density foam used in construction, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are heavier than traditional innerspring mattresses.
Is Tempur-Pedic memory foam?
Yes, Tempur-Pedic makes memory foam mattresses. Tempur-Pedic uses high-density viscoelastic polyurethane foam, also called memory foam, that restores its shape after being condensed.
Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses soften up?
When you first get a Tempur-Pedic mattress, it might feel firmer than expected. The cells in the foam begin to open the more you sleep on it, adjusting to your weight for a softer feel. The warranty does not cover what the company refers to as a “normal increase in softness.”
Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames?
Yes, Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames. Because they are heavier, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are not properly supported by bed frames designed for a traditional innerspring mattress. Tempur-Pedic mattresses should not be placed on top of a box spring.
Where is Tempur-Pedic made?
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are made in the United States. The company has several manufacturing plants in the country.
Who sells Tempur-Pedic mattresses?
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are sold directly from the company in stores or online. You can also visit or order online from authorized dealers, including some chiropractors.

Is Tempur-Pedic worth it?

Tempur-Pedic offers an extensive selection of mattress models and firmness levels to suit almost anyone. Its customers are generally satisfied with the comfort of their mattresses and the life span of the product. Some customers reported difficulty getting warranty service or returning the mattresses within the 90-day trial period, however.

Tempur-Pedic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: June 19, 2021

My Tempur-Pedic mattress gives me the best sleep I ever had outside of the full-flotation waterbed I slept in for over 20 years. It's soft, yet firm enough to support my back. Some folks don't like the original mattress because they say it is too hot for them, but since I'm easily chilled, even in summer, I'm perfectly fine with it. For the 'it's too hot folks', Tempur-Pedic has designed a mattress with a material they say alleviates that issue. Give 'em try. You'll like them!

Original review: June 14, 2021

About 3 years ago my husband and I began thinking, perhaps we needed a new mattress. The hotel beds began to feel better than our bed at home and we were sleeping on a Tempurpedic (15 years old then) at home! Aches and pains of the mornings! Goldilocks went bed shopping 6 weeks ago. Trying to be budget conscious, tried a Casper Hybrid, sent it back; next a Nectar, sent it back. Forgot the budget, went to the Tempurpedic store. Husband fell asleep & snored on the showroom model New Tempurpedic Adapt after 18 years and no more aches and pains—guess it’s true, you get what you pay for.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2021

First off -- growing up I simply had a bed. Nothing special - no thought given to whether it was soft or hard or anything other than it was a twin size. Fast forward to age twenty and I purchased a pillow top mattress. Thought it was the best thing ever! Til now - Since purchasing my Tempur-Pedic I'm now a spoiled girl! Best sleep I've ever gotten and so it goes without saying that my next mattress will also be a Tempur-Pedic -- more money but worth it!!

Original review: June 11, 2021

So far we have had our best sleep, my girlfriend & I both suffer from lower back & knee pain. We decided to invest in a Tempur-Pedic. Of course we had to finance it since it was initially out of our range. But you know what? We did it! We play with the settings to our desired setting which so far has been a gods send. Love it. I recommend the investment on your overall health is an understatement..

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

This is the best mattress I have ever owned and will definitely only buy this brand from now on. It’s both the perfect amount of support and softness. It will last such a very long time it is more than worth the purchase price. There was a slight issue with my first mattress and the company replaced it quickly, conveniently, no questions asked.

Original review: July 30, 2021

My daughter has a Tempur-pedic pillow that is great so I decided to purchase 2 of them thinking they would be the same "CLOUD" firmness. I received them and had not removed them from packaging. Called to return and they refuse to take returns on pillows unless defective. I will Never Ever purchase a Tempur-pedic product as long as I live! Too many better products out there to put up with "The Crappiest Customer Service On The Planet"!

Original review: June 26, 2021

The mattress is exactly what I wanted and expected. It has been a blessing for my lower back issues. I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes a firm mattress. On top of an adjustable base the mattress can't be beat.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Great mattress, I even got the adjustable frame. Keeps you cool and don't forget the cover to protect it keeps warranty intact. Overall good product. Would purchase again. Service was great. Came out when they said they would.

Original review: June 23, 2021

The representative answered all of my questions on the phone concerning price availability and financing options. I would definitely recommend anybody interested in a new mattress to consider Tempur-Pedic.

Original review: June 22, 2021

Mattress was exceptional! Firm and soft at the same. It's hard to explain but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend this mattress to everyone! I received it on a Friday and practically lived in bed the whole weekend! Lol!

Tempur-Pedic Company Information