2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.45/5

Tempur-Pedic is the original developer of memory foam mattresses. When you purchase from Tempur-Pedic or an authorized dealer, the warranty covers the mattress for 10 years, which is as long as traditional mattresses are typically expected to last. The Arthritis Foundation recommends Tempur-Pedic products based on evaluations by users, which makes the company a strong choice for those with joint pain.

BOTTOM LINE

Tempur-Pedic mattress options include cooling materials, pressure-relieving support and adjustable bases. Its mattresses cost more than many traditional brands, but they’re made with long-lasting, high-quality material.

PROS

• Good warranty
  • Risk-free sleep trial
  • Wide selection

CONS

• Might lose firmness over time
  • Heavy materials
Tempur-Pedic Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Top Tempur-Pedic Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

You can not compare the Tempur-Pedic to any other mattress. Yes, it's expensive but you can not put a price on a good night sleep. Mattress pad had an issue but was replaced without hesitation. ...There is no better mattress that I can recommend.

We've had our mattress for 6 years, it is like we've had it 6 months. It has held up excellent, no sunk-in areas, it is as firm as when it was new. There are no body pressure points with this mattress, you wake up feeling refreshed.

What is Tempur-Pedic?

Tempur-Pedic sells mattresses constructed with several layers of memory foam and hybrid mattresses that combine innersprings with memory foam. Tempur-Pedic owns the original formula of memory foam developed for a NASA contract. A Tempur-Pedic mattress uses memory foam (viscoelastic polyurethane foam) in place of traditional mattress filler.

Consumers can choose among a range of firmness levels for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Features and options include reduced motion transfer, cool-to-touch materials, pressure relief support and adjustable bases. Tempur-Pedic mattresses come in sizes from twin (and XL twin for dorm rooms) to California king.

Tempur-Pedic mattress models

You can choose from four types of Tempur-Pedic mattresses. Each type has customizable options.

• Tempur-Adapt: Starting at $2,199 for a queen-size mattress, the Tempur-Adapt collection is Tempur-Pedic’s most affordable line. It’s available in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress. This model features knit technology that feels cool to the touch and a Tempur-ES layer designed for extra support. The mattress comes in all sizes, including split king and split California king.
  • Tempur-ProAdapt: Starting at $2,999 for a queen, Tempur-ProAdapt offers advanced pressure relief for deep relaxation. Firmness levels for the memory foam mattresses range from soft to firm, and a hybrid mattress is available in medium firmness. The SmartClimate dual cover system features a zip-off outer layer for easy cleaning. It includes a comfort layer and a Tempur-APR support layer.
  • Tempur-LuxeAdapt: Prices for a queen-size Tempur-LuxeAdapt start at $3,699. This collection features a zip-off cover, Tempur-APR support layer and Tempur-ES comfort layer. The LuxeAdapt mattress offers maximum pressure relief and motion cancellation.
  • Tempur-Breeze: Prices start at $3,999 for a queen-size mattress. The Tempur-Breeze collection features PRObreeze or LUXEbreeze options designed to promote extreme breathability and surface cooling. PRObreeze keeps you 3 degrees cooler during sleep and LUXEbreeze makes it 8 degrees cooler. The PRO comes in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress, and the LUXE comes in soft or firm models.

Tempur-Pedic mattress prices

The cost of a Tempur-Pedic mattress ranges from about $2,000 to $4,000 for a queen-size model. All of the company’s mattresses come with a 90-day risk-free trial and free white-glove delivery. Financing options start at $59 per month for qualified customers. The Tempur-Pedic mattress warranty lasts 10 years when you purchase from the company or an authorized dealer.

Tempur-AdaptTempur-ProAdaptTempur-LuxeAdaptTempur-Breeze
Twin$1,699$2,499$3,199$3,499
Double$2,049$2,849N/A$3,849
Queen$2,199$2,999$3,699$3,999
King$2,899$3,699$4,399$4,699
Split king$3,398$4,998$6,398$6,998

Tempur-Pedic FAQ

How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress cost?
The starting price for a queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress purchased directly from the company is around $2,100. The top-of-the-line LUXEbreeze split king costs $8,398.
How long does a Tempur-Pedic mattress last?
The warranty on a Tempur-Pedic mattress lasts 10 years. Tempur-Pedic uses a proprietary formula for high-density foam that typically lasts longer than other low-density memory foam mattresses, which can wear out after about three years. Body weight, frequency of use and materials also affect durability.
How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress weigh?
A standard queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress weighs 96 pounds. Because of the high-density foam used in construction, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are heavier than traditional innerspring mattresses.
Is Tempur-Pedic memory foam?
Yes, Tempur-Pedic makes memory foam mattresses. Tempur-Pedic uses high-density viscoelastic polyurethane foam, also called memory foam, that restores its shape after being condensed.
Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses soften up?
When you first get a Tempur-Pedic mattress, it might feel firmer than expected. The cells in the foam begin to open the more you sleep on it, adjusting to your weight for a softer feel. The warranty does not cover what the company refers to as a “normal increase in softness.”
Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames?
Yes, Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames. Because they are heavier, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are not properly supported by bed frames designed for a traditional innerspring mattress. Tempur-Pedic mattresses should not be placed on top of a box spring.
Where is Tempur-Pedic made?
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are made in the United States. The company has several manufacturing plants in the country.
Who sells Tempur-Pedic mattresses?
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are sold directly from the company in stores or online. You can also visit or order online from authorized dealers, including some chiropractors.

Is Tempur-Pedic worth it?

Tempur-Pedic offers an extensive selection of mattress models and firmness levels to suit almost anyone. Its customers are generally satisfied with the comfort of their mattresses and the life span of the product. Some customers reported difficulty getting warranty service or returning the mattresses within the 90-day trial period, however.

Tempur-Pedic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: July 29, 2020

I purchased our tropic breeze for 3k, a lot to pay for in a mattress. We looked at a great deal of companies and just didn't want to purchase again in the coming years. It had a 10 yr warranty which was exceptional for our needs. As it turns out the stitching came on the top cover started coming loose within 12 months. It was replaced within a week and we were very pleased. This is a mattress we intend on using for many years and now have peace of mind that if it fails we will get it replaced.

Original review: May 14, 2020

The Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed may be expensive but well worth it. I can adjust it to my comfort level. I never have pressure points or aches in the morning. We purchased it during a promotion. The financing was zero interest over 4 years. They delivered and set it up along with instructions. We have now paid it off and never had any problem with the finance people. Even though we have had it for 4 years it is as if it's brand new. I am a large lady and it is not breaking down under my weight. I love our bed?

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Tempur-Pedic is, hands down, the best mattress company we have ever done business with. The entire experience, from our initial inquiries during the shopping and comparing phase, all the way through to the delivery and set up, has been fantastic. The associates at Tempur-Pedic absolutely mean it when they say they are invested in your experience with them, taking the time to make sure we were completely comfortable with every decision we made. We are looking forward to dealing with them again when it's time to furnish our guest house, and we highly recommend Tempur-Pedic, with full confidence, to anyone who is in the market for a new, high quality mattress from a reputable company.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Very expensive split King with lots of bells and whistles. The adjustable head and feet functions very well and as a Godsend for recuperating from surgeries both husband wife. We can independently control each side of the bed and it is very comfortable providing a good nights rest for the entire family (our 2 Welsh Terriers just love the comfort). Very sturdy framing albeit very heavy to move. Now we are retired on fixed income and hope it will last the rest of our lives. Have had for at least 8 years with no issues. The massage built in is also a nice perk!!

Original review: April 30, 2020

I sleep better than I have ever slept in my life, it take a little to get use to it, I also bought the king pillows but I like the queen size better because they are more solid than the kings. I have a Tempur-Pedic king and queen size mattress of the top of the line Cloud Breeze Soft. I do not like the company and the employee and management. They are rude, do not back up the merchandise and will find any way to get out of any returns or problems that arise.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

We purchased this mattress and box set for my daughter for a gift following graduation from nursing school. We have one at home and thought the support would be helpful. So far they have wasted over 8 hours of our time including setting up a delivery that hasn’t taken place. The customer service agents are clueless and can’t straighten anything out and put you on hold while they do paperwork they could complete after they hang up. They have supposedly passed my issue to an “executive” who has not managed to call in a week's time. So much for white glove delivery. It has been almost a month since ordering and I have no mattress and no idea when one will be delivered. Wish I had ordered something else with someone else.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

We used to be fans of Tempur Pedic, before we needed to claim warranty on our mattress. They do not want to exchange you the mattress and when they do, and if they exchange they will give you a used one and ask you to pay $300 for shipping. We escalated it all the way to executive level. It is even worse. Some customer Support Samantha J. was so rude with us, and doesn't care about your satisfaction or health. Her goal was for us to give up, not to help us. She agreed to change the used mattress that they supplied us, which is not even equal to what we initially purchased, if we wave the insurance! What does it say about their product? That it is a cheap product sold for a lot of money. Now we sleep on the used mattress which creates pain in our backs.

The bottom line: Tempur-Pedic products are not the same anymore as they were 10 years ago, they are cheaply made and create real health problems. Tempur-Pedic company do not care about customers, all they care is to take as much money as possible from you and scam you on warranty. Just research real reviews before you decide to buy any Tempur-Pedic. Also that NASA material statement is false too. I know people from NASA and it is a false advertisement.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Loved it for first two years. And I felt confident with the ten year, no sag guarantee. Here's the real story: no, the mattress won't "sag" if measured with a yardstick across the top (as the warranty stipulates). BUT the area of the mattress most relied upon DOES lose support within 2-3 years. No, it won't "sag" below the surface, but if the slightest weigh is applied (anything heavier than a small kitten) the support disappears. That's the con of these guarantees, you have now been educated.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I spoke with the Staff of Tempur-Pedic regarding the warranty. The First Staff member (Mr. **) hung-up and did not call me back even when I had provided her with my call back telephone number. The Second Staff member (Mr. **), in my opinion was not reassuring about the outcomes of the Warranty process outcomes. I have had this mattress for less than a year which has a warranty of 10 years, the company is not able to keep its promise even at less than 1 year of purchase. From my interaction with the company so far it is evident that the warranty is misleading and unreliable. I would recommend people to think about purchasing this product before putting in money into it. I do not find it to be a reliable company through my experience with them so far.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I purchased a Tempurpedic in 2010 and it was firm, like a brick. Ten years later it was still like a brick. I have a bad back and at the time thought I needed a softer bed as the solution. Worst decision of my life because I repurchased a new and so called improved in the firmest I couldn’t buy and it is soft and squishy. The quality is not the same and I suspect it’s because they sold their company and can be found at every low end mattress store. I spent $3000 on a crappy bed. This company has lost their integrity.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information