3.62/5

Need a good mattress?

595 Tempur-Pedic Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2019

Sears offered a full sized adjustable bed with cool gel Tempur-Pedic able to get a night's sleep, without waking due to pain or being too warm. I have had back surgery, and have arthritis and this is the only mattress I have found that is exceptional in all that it claims. Thank you Sears, it is not easy to find a full sized bed that has a great mattress and is adjustable.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We hate our Tempur-Pedic! We bought ours from Mathis Brothers and were told we would like it if we gave it time; whatever! Neither Tempur-Pedic or Mathis Brothers would do anything about it. This is our 3rd Tempur-Pedic purchase and I'm so disappointed! I will never spend another dime at Mathis Brothers or Tempur-Pedic!

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

This is my second Tempur. I love it but I don't like that it ruts. I do like the new feature that keeps it cool. I've never found a mattress that feels this good and with my major spine issues I need a good mattress.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Have had this mattress since 1997 - 22 years. Had a 10 years warranty if I remember correctly. If so, it has surpassed both its warranty and my expectations. I love this mattress. It is from the time that there was only one model to get. Now there are so many models and none of them feels as good to me as my older one. The new ones are too soft for us.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I am delighted with the quality and the warranty. I even had occasion to use it once when a visitor's dog relieved itself on the foot end of my bed soaking the foam. Tempur-Pedic came right out, assessed the issue, decided it could not be properly cleaned and supplied me with a new mattress.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: April 13, 2019

Ridiculously overpriced. It is not comfortable, does not deliver what was promised. Does not conform to the body nor repel body heat as advertised. Spent 4k, should have purchased a Sleep Number instead.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I find the mattress too firm for my shoulders, softer would be better. Overall I like the support though. Doesn’t lose shape quickly like other brands. It also is a Tempur-Pedic with foam coils and doesn’t have the trapping feeling and overheating that most Tempur-Pedic mattresses have.

Original review: April 12, 2019

It's really awesome, eliminated all pressure points during sleep, no more sleepless nights. We added the adjustable base as well which is a phenomenal option, everything about the sleeping experience has improved 10 fold. We will never ever buy another innerspring mattress. They are like sleeping on a bed of nails in comparison.

Original review: April 12, 2019

This is the most comfortable mattress set we have slept on in the 45 years that we've been married. Came with a 20 year warranty. It was an expensive purchase at the time but you get what you pay for. No other top brand mattress set that we have purchased over the years comes close to matching the Tempur-Pedic. Let's face it... Nothing beats a good night sleep.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I am on my third mattress and would not consider another brand. A little concerned about the chemical makeup though. I had a problem with my first purchase and they replaced it without any problems. I am about ready for a new one. I replace every ten years. I recommend this brand.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We have enjoyed our purchase and the beds have held up well after 7 years of use. Expected more for the price we paid. We have not had any issues with our purchase so far. The warranty is reasonable as we can get a new mattress on a pro rata basis if we needed to. As far as comfort the mattresses can positioned in many ways. We can raise and lower the upper and lower ends of the mattresses if we have back or leg pain and a massage and heating features that add to comfort.

Original review: April 10, 2019

After 8 years it is like the day we bought it. Very good mattress. Very durable, never sags or gets lumpy like many pillowtop mattresses do. It never loses its shape even after years of service. I highly recommend it to anyone who hates lumpy or sagging mattresses.

Original review: April 10, 2019

You can not compare the Tempur-Pedic to any other mattress. Yes, it's expensive but you can not put a price on a good night sleep. Mattress pad had an issue but was replaced without hesitation. I've had several surgeries and I can honestly say, there is no better mattress that I can recommend.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The big downside is that when there is a problem you have to call a 1-800 number instead of issues being directly dealt with at the furniture store you bought it at. The furniture store doesn’t really tell you this when you are shopping for a mattress. The information is hidden from you.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I've had a bad back for years. By morning I couldn't breathe. I'd be so stiff and sore. But since I got my Tempur-Pedic I feel the best when I wake up. And so refreshed. Not more back pain and no more tingling in my arms either from pressure. I love my bed!!!

Original review: April 7, 2019

Great mattress. My only complaint is that it is difficult to sit on the edge because the mattress is not firm enough. I find myself sliding off the mattress when I sit on the edge to put my shoes and socks on. Or I just sit on the edge to relax as I get ready for the day.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I've had my mattress almost 7 years and have moved with it 3 times and needed to leave it in storage for 6 months. Setting it up the last time was great, I missed feeling comfortable and always sleep well with it.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Love the mattress, only thing I wasn’t happy with they had to replace them because they were dipping, and it wasn’t 6 months. They did the same thing and they want to charge me $1400 for it to be replaced. They said was prorated now from the purchase time in the beginning, I felt they should have replaced it with no charge but they refused and they discontinued this model. So it wasn’t my fault as I’m the only one sleeping in it and I weigh 105 lbs, so wasn’t happy with that at all, now we are thinking of replacing them but I’m really confused rather to give them another try!!! Linda

Original review: April 4, 2019

Comfortable but would have preferred a firmer mattress. I did not personally buy this. It was a gift. It felt good at first but after a year it started to get softer. I thought it would take longer. I will probably buy a mattress topper within the next year or so.

Original review: April 3, 2019

February 2012 I had purchased a Tempur-Pedic mattress after having spinal fusion surgery. I purchased Tempur-Pedic based on their ads on TV for pressure-point relief and claims the mattress conforms to your body for sleep comfort. 7 years later I am not getting that at all. I am experiencing pain in my lower back, neck, and numbness of my legs and swellness in my feet. I am losing sleep because of the discomfort of the mattress which is very hard. I had submitted a claim to Tempur-Pedic telling them through the years the mattress had never broken in and it is not adapting conformance to my body.

In the end, of course they are telling me my complaint does not meet the requirements of their 10-year warranty for replacing my mattress with a new one. I would elaborate more details surrounding this matter, but it is too long. Prior to other mattresses before purchasing Tempur-Pedic I never had these discomfort issues. I am telling consumers please DO NOT waste your money and purchase TEMPUR-PEDIC. It is the worst ever mattress I have ever purchased.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Top quality, warranty great and durability awesome! The store was great to deal with and the delivery was on time as promised. Had no problems and would buy the same product again.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I’ve owned this Tempur-Pedic for 13 years. Great mattress. Didn’t have much choice with firmness. This was hard mattress & still very firm. I love it. Just wasn’t happy that I paid 4000.00 bucks 13 years ago.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I've only had my mattress for one month but have slept better recently than I have in my entire life. It's comfortable, stays cool, and has an adjustable base so that I can contour it according to my needs.

Original review: April 1, 2019

This is the second mattress of the same brand in a 10 year period. The second purchase was to buy a firmer mattress. In both case we were steered to the "no flip" design; where you simply turn the mattress. I do not believe this is a good design for even wear on a mattress. In both cases, at about the 5 year period, the mattresses seemed to develop slight dips where we sleep. Especially for me as I am a large athletic guy (6'3" @ 250-265). Our next purchase, will most likely be a Sleep Number bed as we have had the opportunity you sleep on these in many hotels when we travel, which is quite frequently. Overall, a decent mattress brand, however, I believe for the money there are better options.

Original review: April 1, 2019

We've had our mattress for 6 years, it is like we've had it 6 months. It has held up excellent, no sunk-in areas, it is as firm as when it was new. There are no body pressure points with this mattress, you wake up feeling refreshed. We have always had a mattress cover that supposed to keep it cool, we are in So California and have not noticed being overheated. It's not ideal for relations however there are ways to work that out.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We purchased our Tempur-Pedic mattress seven years ago and it started 'sagging.' Their customer service is truly excellent. After providing the photographs that they require, we were approved for a replacement and it was delivered one week later. Wish more companies demonstrate this level of service!!

Original review: March 25, 2019

Purchased a Tempur-Pedic mattress 6 months ago and it has turned into a complete nightmare. For the past 2 weeks I’ve been waking up with numbness and swelling in my arms, hands, legs, and feet. I called Ashley Furniture store where I purchased as well as Tempur-Pedic Customer Service. Both are teeing me that my complaint is regarding comfort and that there’s nothing they can do to help me. This is very disappointing after spending $3500 on a mattress. How is waking up with swelling and numbness considered comfort? It’s a health issue that’s being caused from the mattress.

I stayed at a hotel over the weekend and had no issues. Returned home to my bed and it was back to the same numbness. Didn’t stay in the bed long enough for the swelling to return. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IN TEMPUR-PEDIC AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! How can you sell a mattress that you advertise as being the most pressure relieving mattress to date but aren’t willing to help a customer whose complaint is not receiving this pressure relief??? Needless to say I’m reaching out to an attorney because I refuse to just give up without even trying.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We have loved our Tempur-Pedic Cloud mattress for 5 years now. At $3,500 we felt that we were purchasing a premium product. However, over the last 2 months both of us have begun to experience hip pain and it has become severe. When we get up, the pain subsides within 20 minutes. When we sleep on another bed, we are pain free. This supposed premium product has turned out to be inferior. And of course, there are more exclusions to their warranty than there are threads in the mattress cover. So I just spent $700 a year to sleep on this thing. I will NEVER purchase another Tempur-Pedic product ever again, and I will make sure as many people know about my dissatisfaction as possible. This is NOT a good company; it does not stand behind its (discovered inferior) products.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Husband, 5'11" 165 lbs. bought two Twin Xl's plus bases to make our king-size bed in May 2014 for $6K+. For the last year now he would rather sleep on love seat couch for most of the night. His mattress resembles the feel of a hammock, but you can't "see" it. It gets too hot for him to escape the heat; mine has always been too hot but I just travel around bed all night trying to get the cool spots. Not even going to try to get a warranty coverage, just going to stay away from memory foam, buy less expensive mattresses and replace more often if need be. Don't buy into the hype.

Original review: March 18, 2019

This mattress doesn't last. It sags and my body sinks and doesn't provide back or side support. I'm in so much pain and losing sleep because of this mattress. Their warranty is not "fair" because they don't want to give you your money back. Mattress was $4,099 and split box spring was $300. What a rip off. This thing spreads out and has no support even at the ends. I do not recommend this at all.

Tempur-Pedic expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Tempur-Pedic makes its own specialized brand of memory foam beds that adapt to your specific shape, weight and temperature to help you get a good night's sleep.

• Variety: Tempur-Pedic offers a wide variety of bed styles depending on your needs, including Tempur-Cloud, Tempur-Contour, Tempur-Choice, Tempur-Breeze and Tempur-Weightless.

• Materials: The Tempur-Breeze has cooling technology and an ultra-breathable design to keep you cool, which can improve the quality of sleep you get.

• Support: It offers excellent customer support and delivers your new mattress directly to your door, removing your old mattress and packing materials.

• Warranty: It offers a 10-year warranty covering your mattress and flat foundation.

• Accessories: In addition to mattresses, it also offers Tempur-Pedic pillows and mattress covers.

• Best for: Tempur-Pedic mattresses are best for special needs and professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
    Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information