3.72/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

610 Tempur-Pedic Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 15, 2019

Have had this mattress since 1997 - 22 years. Had a 10 years warranty if I remember correctly. If so, it has surpassed both its warranty and my expectations. I love this mattress. It is from the time that there was only one model to get. Now there are so many models and none of them feels as good to me as my older one. The new ones are too soft for us.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We have enjoyed our purchase and the beds have held up well after 7 years of use. Expected more for the price we paid. We have not had any issues with our purchase so far. The warranty is reasonable as we can get a new mattress on a pro rata basis if we needed to. As far as comfort the mattresses can positioned in many ways. We can raise and lower the upper and lower ends of the mattresses if we have back or leg pain and a massage and heating features that add to comfort.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Love the mattress, only thing I wasn’t happy with they had to replace them because they were dipping, and it wasn’t 6 months. They did the same thing and they want to charge me $1400 for it to be replaced. They said was prorated now from the purchase time in the beginning, I felt they should have replaced it with no charge but they refused and they discontinued this model. So it wasn’t my fault as I’m the only one sleeping in it and I weigh 105 lbs, so wasn’t happy with that at all, now we are thinking of replacing them but I’m really confused rather to give them another try!!! Linda

Original review: April 1, 2019

We've had our mattress for 6 years, it is like we've had it 6 months. It has held up excellent, no sunk-in areas, it is as firm as when it was new. There are no body pressure points with this mattress, you wake up feeling refreshed. We have always had a mattress cover that supposed to keep it cool, we are in So California and have not noticed being overheated. It's not ideal for relations however there are ways to work that out.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Although I’m writing this review in 2019, we purchased ours in 2006. It took about 3 weeks to get used to rolling over because this mattress doesn’t have springs and, therefore, doesn’t bounce when we move. We LOVE THIS MATTRESS! I was reading the more recent purchasers reviews and I just had to defend this AWESOME MATTRESS and box spring!

However, I DO recall a weird smell at first, but it disappeared quickly and we have NO REMORSE after having purchased this. AND it does have two permanent impressions where our bodies have been all these years, but we will get at least a partial discount for a new one. But NOW I’m wondering whether they’re not made as well as they were in 2006! We shall soon see!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

This mattress was firm for about a year, then I started having lower back pain. I've been going to a chiropractor ever since. I've never had back pain before I purchased this mattress. I called Tempur-Pedic in May of 2019 to report the loss of firm support and back pain - and was advised to turn the mattress. I did so immediately and the bed felt much better and my back pain went away. However this only lasted through mid-July and it's been losing ever since. Now, my back pain is right back to where it was before I turned the mattress. But, just to make absolutely sure that the mattress is the cause of my lower pain, I sold (2) expensive Stressless recliners and then, bought the best orthopedic shoes. I also bought an orthopedic harness for wearing during the day which has helped. However, every morning my lower back really hurts, and I can't wait to put on the back harness (medical device).

I've eliminated all other possibilities for my back pain. Additionally, since the "turning" of the mattress had eliminated my back pain for two and a half months, there could be no other cause for this problem. The memory foam has not maintained its firmness and is not supporting my back properly. It is a defective product. The reason I bought the bed originally was for firm support.

After submitting the warranty claim form, spending (2) hours taking photos, and speaking on the phone with their representatives, I am thoroughly dissatisfied with the response I've received from Tempur-Pedic regarding the loss of firmness within the memory foam of my $5700 Cloud Breeze Luxe mattress. In my conversations with customer service, they tried shifting the blame to the retailer, but this is poor strategy considering the fact that the mattress is defective.

I've already spoken with their Executive Director of customer service who was of no assistance whatsoever. I tried presenting every possible alternative to remedy this matter. However, she stated that the warranty does not cover defects regarding loss of support or deterioration of firmness within the mattress. She emphasized that Tempur-Pedic bears no responsibility for such a defect. Additionally, she would not offer any options to settle this matter amicably. Please keep in mind that defective products are outside the bounds of a warranty, and if necessary, the Federal Trade Commission can order a national recall. With this particular mattress, I believe such an action is warranted.

If Tempur-Pedic refuses to acknowledge the defective nature of this mattress, they leave me no choice but to file a legal action for: 1) consumer misrepresentation, 2) reimbursement of medical bills (over $5,000), 3) pain and suffering for a back-related injury, 4) loss of time from work, and 4) recoupment of legal fees.

Tempur-Pedic should be ashamed of how it treats its customers. I'm going to contact other complainants (who have filed on the internet) regarding the defective nature of the Cloud Breeze Luxe mattress (which - not surprisingly - has been discontinued). Additionally, I am considering filing a class-action lawsuit to make others aware (as well as the FTC) of the defective/deceptive nature of your product.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

3 years we bought our mattress and box springs for almost $4000.00. Approximately 1-1/2 years later, we developed a hump in the middle of the bed and indentions on the sides. When we sit on the sides of the bed, we slide to the floor. We were told that we had a 10 yr. warranty and filed a claim. After 4 emails asking for photos and 2 phone calls, our claim was denied. Apparently, memory foam doesn't last very long. My husband weighs 200# and I weigh 165. We are not obese people. I have a herniated disk and will be having surgery soon. I need a good mattress.

We asked to have a representative come look at the mattress and even lay on it, but they don't do that. What good does it do to have a 10 yr. warranty, if they won't honor it. We will never buy a Tempur-Pedic again, nor will we ever recommend one to anyone. After only 3 years, we will have to buy a new mattress. We are not wealthy people. We thought this mattress would last us many years. This has been a terrible experience.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I bought this king size Tempur-Pedic Hybrid king size Mattress from Rooms To Go on 05/29/2019. I cannot sleep even an hour on this mattress. My wife did not have much issues, but she said not comfortable as the regular mattress. For me I feel like too hot and my body is burning when I try to sleep on this. My back pain get worse, So I sleep in a different bed as I have to sleep and go to work. After a month I went Rooms To Go and described the issue. They said this mattress has to break in order to be comfortable . I spend some hours on this without sleeping in order for this to break. However even after 2 months I cannot sleep. Not sure Rooms To Go will exchange at this point. For me it's total waste of money I guess.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I had been curious about one of these mattresses for years because of their marketing as being great. My wife and I finally purchased a Tempur Contour Supreme King Size mattress at a local Mattress Warehouse furniture store for over $2,700. Ridiculous, because it is the worst mattress I have ever owned. Less than 3 years into its use and I might add, sporadic use since I have a guestroom I use periodically, my wife and I wake up with low back and neck pains. We have since moved into our guest room for the past 1 and a half years. This mattress has lost its firmness.

I emailed Tempur-Pedic company to file a complaint and sent them my purchase receipt, together with a multitude of pictures they require and explained to them that the mattress is no longer comfortable to sleep in. I was flat out denied. The problem with this mattress is that it is supposed to be very firm but it is too soft. My back sinks in after a short period of lying down and there’s no support. I now know I have been scammed and this company should not get away with this. I will endeavor to let everyone know not to waste their money on this scam. If they had any sense of decency, they would investigate a bit longer.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I had been wanting one of these mattresses for years because of their reputation as being great. I finally purchased an overpriced twin ProAdapt mattress at a local furniture store for over $2,500. Ridiculous, because it is the worst mattress I have ever owned. I wake up with low back and neck pains. My previous mattress was a $100 foam mattress I bought online which I loved for 2 years after which it lost its firmness.

I called the Tempur-Pedic company to find out why the mattress is so uncomfortable and was told that they take 90 days to break in. The problem with this mattress is that it is supposed to be medium firmness but it is too soft. My back sinks in and there’s no support. I feel I have been scammed!! This company should not get away with this. I was told that because I didn’t buy the mattress from them, I’m stuck with it. I will make sure to let everyone know not to waste their money on this obvious scam. If they cared they should investigate to see if the mattress is a counterfeit or mislabeled or find out why the mattress is not what they advertise. I imagine it’s only going to get worse and my back will be ruined in addition to not getting good sleep.

Tempur-Pedic expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Tempur-Pedic makes its own specialized brand of memory foam beds that adapt to your specific shape, weight and temperature to help you get a good night's sleep.

• Variety: Tempur-Pedic offers a wide variety of bed styles depending on your needs, including Tempur-Cloud, Tempur-Contour, Tempur-Choice, Tempur-Breeze and Tempur-Weightless.

• Materials: The Tempur-Breeze has cooling technology and an ultra-breathable design to keep you cool, which can improve the quality of sleep you get.

• Support: It offers excellent customer support and delivers your new mattress directly to your door, removing your old mattress and packing materials.

• Warranty: It offers a 10-year warranty covering your mattress and flat foundation.

• Accessories: In addition to mattresses, it also offers Tempur-Pedic pillows and mattress covers.

• Best for: Tempur-Pedic mattresses are best for special needs and professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information