Tempur-Pedic

Compare Mattresses

Research top Mattresses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We bought a Rhapsody split Cal King in 2008. The two sides are not lining up anymore and there is some indentation. I called and got the warranty papers, filled them in and sent pictures. They are replacing the mattresses with the current comparable model. They are totally standing by their warranty and the people on the phone were a pleasure to work with. Totally happy with the company!

I just spend $6,900 yes that much! Ordering a 2nd king bed plus sheets, etc. for this new bed [plus ones for my existing bed]. To be told "now" with no notice when I placed the online order that I can't return one sheet set that the color is horrid on for this new bed on this same order "that hasn't been delivered yet." Really??? I just don't appreciate a policy that is unheard of these days and not stated clearly prior to my hitting the buy button. I highly suggest using another vendor. BTW Tempur-Pedic does not email a receipt nor have one available to print so I copied the image from my account for this attachment.

My husband and I invested in the Rhapsody, California King bed in 2009. This was the best sleep investment we have ever made. Our back and neck pain disappeared within the 1-month break-in time of owning the mattress. I use the special Tempur-Pedic pillow and my husband does not, still the sleep is great. I write this review only because of the horrible reviews I have read and can honestly say, none of those things have happened to us in the time we've owned this mattress. We recommend this mattress to anyone in the market. If/when this mattress gives out, we will buy another one.

My husband and I bought a tempur-pedic king size cloud supreme bed 6 years ago. The first 6 months were not very bad and then came the back and neck pain. I have severe arthritis and was hoping the bed would help. Soon both my husband and myself started sinking lower and lower into the bed which left a ridge in the middle. I called the company and was naive enough to think the company would stand behind their 20 year warranty. Boy, I was wrong. When you have a CLOUD SUPREME the straight edge and quarter trick they tell you to do won't worked. You don't sink in until you put weight on it. We wake up every few hours and can hardly move. Back, neck, shoulders. Both of us are in severe pain every morning. I dread going to sleep at night. We paid over $3,000 for it. Do not buy a Tempur-Pedic bed. You are wasting your money.

First of all I bought two of these mattresses twin king xl. Got the Tempur-Pedic Flex Prima. Cost me 3000.00 dollars. I felt like I was sleeping on a rock. I called the store and switched them for the Tempur-Pedic flex supreme. Went upon the cost 4000.00. I hated these also. The store refused to do anything else. I called the company and spoke to a lady at the company and one thing I can say is she was very nice. She let me switch to the Tempur-Pedic cloud supreme for the same price. This mattress is better but it is still too hard. These mattress is not worth the money. I am so sorry I bought these pieces of junk. It makes me sick that I have to pay all this money. I wish I had kept my 400.00 DOLLAR MATTRESSES. Also wake up sweating every night. Hot mattresses. Just sick over this. BE AWARE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

We live in Columbia SC, our queen size TEMPUR-Rhapsody Breeze is simply amazing. We opted for the low profile box spring, please note the pillow choice is equally important. Our non-tempurpedic pillows fall between soft/firm, medium size. We like in particular the Holiday Inn style pillows, but also recommend the Marriott style.

I bought a California King Tempur-Pedic bed 4 years ago. I have warrantied it 3 times and the same thing happens every time. It sags in the middle and then countless visits to the chiro. I'm telling you, it is the worst experience I have ever gone through. They are very particular about their warranty (qualifications) they quarter with a measuring stick. What do you all think about lemon law? Absolutely ridiculous. After just 12-18 mo three different times? I don't even want their warranty replacement! Pure torture for as long as you own your expensive sponge with no support.

We bought a Tempurpedic mattress and a year later it turned out as smooth as a sponge. Considering that we had wanted a firm mattress because of our back problems this turned out to be one of our worst purchase ever. Bed lost its firmness in 12 months. We reached out to Tempurpedic and send our case but they rejected our claim. We are now sleeping in the guest bedroom while saving money for another king size mattress. WE WILL NEVER BUY A TEMPURPEDIC BRAND.

I paid $8000 three years ago for a Tempur-Pedic grand. Today, I find the mattress extremely uncomfortable and wake up with severe back and side pain. The mattress is sagging in the middle, it does not recover to its original shape. In pursuing the warranty, I have only gotten the runaround from tempur-pedic. They are not good for their word. Their warranties are useless. I would never buy another mattress from them.

We bought the top of the line Tempur-Pedic breeze and two years later am I sorry... I couldn't figure out why I was having so much back problems... chiropractor every week. My husband got a cold and I slept in the other bedroom for two nights, then back to the breeze, and I was miserable to whole night. Like the other folks, the quarter trick doesn't show on our mattress. My last time with Tempur-Pedic. Luckily, we bought two twin beds and my husband isn't complaining yet with his as he bought a twin that was a little firmer.

I have had my Tempur-Pedic mattress for the last 5 years and I have to say that I'm very disappointed in the product I purchased. Not for the fact that all products have wear and tear but for the simple fact that they do not live up to the warranty that they promote which is 10 years any issues during common use is under warranty. Now 5 years later with a huge curve in the center of the mattress that is supposedly the best. I was told that the offer has expired. This is a gimmick to sell to the public and advertising fraud. I'm pursuing legal measures. I suggest if you purchased one of these over priced and hyped mattresses be prepared. You have been warned.

I purchased my queen size with adjustable base. I am a lightweight person and sleep alone. I purchased this bed about 6 years ago. It has not maintained its shape. And it sinks in when I lie down. So I have moved to the other side of the bed. I thought this mattress had a lifetime warranty. Very dissatisfied. I will be buying another brand.

We got our king-size tempurpedic mattress Feb 2015 as a replacement for a worn out Simmons BeautyRest which was a great mattress while it lasted. I did a lot of research and we went with the Cool Breeze version of the Tempurpedic. This is supposed to have less of the body heat issue that the Tempur-pedic mattresses are infamous for. We did notice more heat than the previous inner spring mattress. One thing that helped was taking off the cheap dust mite cover and replacing with a higher quality one that breathes more. So this has significantly reduced this issue and we have not noticed it any more.

We have now had it for a year and a half. My wife started complaining of some back stiffness for a few months and finally decided that it was the mattress. She was ready to get rid of it. She is a side sleeper. I am more of a back sleeper. I read that one problem with Tempurpedic is that the 'break-in' period is much longer than an inner spring mattress.

I also read that some people had gotten a pillow topper like the Hospitology goose down alternative as a way of making it softer until it has time to break in. Some other people have recommended walking on the mattress but didn't say how much or how often to do this. We also considered getting the adjustable base as a demo in the store revealed that just a little elevation of the head and feet takes a lot of pressure off of the back. But we decided against it in case the issue with the mattress did not resolve we did not want to be stuck with the expensive adjustable base.

So I had her change sides with me. I weigh about 50 pounds more than she does. I did notice that her side was a bit stiffer but it didn't really bother me. She, on the other hand, noticed that my side was much more comfortable and her back stopped hurting almost after the first night. We are both sleeping solidly through the night. She has not given up 'her' side of the bed (which used to be mine). But she said once I break her side in she will switch back. So after a little bit of a hiccup with the breaking in issue and the body heat problem (resolved by taking off the cheap dust mite cover) we - so far - are very pleased with the Tempurpedic mattress.

I have purchased multiple Ergo adjustable bases in the past. All of them have had problems with the remotes going out. Every time I call it's the same issue, "The Frequency", it happens all too often especially for being a high-end base. I'm a handicapped woman and bedridden with a broken back. I have had it with Tempur-pedic and they're crap products. BEWARE THIS COMPANY!!!

Firm bed and system cost 7500, top of the line. Was really happy with it until it broke. Customer service seems fine to refer to another department, product support, warranty... etc. Warranty is contracted to a company named Reverie, which has a voice mail, and never returns my calls. To this date my motors are still broken. Is that what I paid 7500 for? The name, which is no longer so good.

I purchased online one Tempur-Pedic pillow in May, 2016. Two days after my receipt of this pillow, I decided that it was not what I wanted in a pillow. I thereupon called customer service and asked for a return label. A UPS return label was emailed to me within a couple of days. The very next day I returned the pillow using Tempur-Pedic's UPS return label, original box and all. When the month of June arrived and I had as of yet NOT received a refund to my credit card, I traced the UPS package that I had sent to Tempur-Pedic and learned that my package with the returned pillow had been received back in May, 2016 and was signed for a Tempur-Pedic representative. I called customer service no less than FOUR times, left messages, but heard NOTHING back from Tempur-Pedic. I thereupon filed a dispute with my credit card, seeking my $138.03 back.

After the required time, my credit card heard NOTHING from Tempur-Pedic and credited my account $138.03. It is now August 24, 2016. Today I received a demand from a credit bureau demanding that I pay Tempur-Pedic $138.03!!! I was outraged as I returned the pillow back in May, had never received any response from Tempur-Pedic with regard to any refund AND NOW THEY BRING MY ACCOUNT TO A CREDIT BUREAU.

Are they insane? Stupid? Ignorant? Disorganized? I called the phone number listed on the credit bureau report stating that I should call Tempur-Pedic. Guess what happened? I left TWO messages on that number (there was no other option to speak to anyone). Did anyone call me back? Of course NOT. Now, is this pure stupidity, ignorance, apathy, poor customer service!!! I now will have a bad credit report for SOMETHING THAT I RETURNED AND ITS RECEIPT IS EVIDENCED BY A UPS RETURN LABEL PROVIDED FOR AND SIGNED BY TEMPUR-PEDIC.

We've had the Tempur-Pedic for many years now. I know at least 15... and I have been very satisfied with it. Until just the last month or so... It is squeaking everytime you move on it. I can't seem to locate the squeak, whether it's the foundation or the frame, but it is annoying. Other than that, the mattress is still in very good shape!

I just got my Tempur-Pedic. It took me a bit to get my husband to agree but we did and we fricken love it! My husband and I have both been long time back pain sufferers and this bed (we got the Rhapsody) has us sleeping through the night and waking up without the infamous pain. It's awesome and I'm happy. Truthfully the only reason I'm writing this is because I cannot believe there are people that don't like it. Let me change that, what I mean is I believe people are chronic complainers and I understand that it is a pricey purchase but I in no way would call this mattress junk. I think that everyone is different. Some people are never happy. I love my mattress but my mom likes Simmons so there ya go.

I have a fused spine and so thought their $79.00 cushion would be worth the bucks and so added two pair of slippers bringing my total to $172.00. They boast about 5-day receipt and "free" shipping. 11 days later I have a cushion that's hard as a rock and no slippers, however, my card has been charged the total amount and they "don't know" why the slippers are not here and "don't know" where they are as they do not have a tracking number.

I spent about one and half hours just getting someone to talk to and once "Julie" answered she put me on hold 27 minutes to tell me they are making "a courtesy return", for the cushion and when and if the shoes arrive, don't refuse them, accept them and she will send a return label but my account will be charged a $25.00 restocking fee. I left several emails addressing the concerns. The next step is bank card call to dispute the entire matter.

Why bother with a company like this? Indeed. Never again. Too many companies want my business for me to deal with this pissant group of deniers who would have me take directions on how to download a return shipping label and that they will pay but "it's only fair, you should help with return cost since we are doing this as a courtesy." "My supervisor said we don't usually do this, but it's a 'one-time thing'."

We've had a king size firm Tempur-Pedic mattress this for three years and it has lost all support and softened in the sleeping area. Weight does not seem to matter. I weigh 135 pounds, my husband 230 pounds. Both sides are equally bad. The mattress is king size, so there is a ridge in the middle where no one sleeps. We are both experiencing terrible back pain and hip pain from the lack of support. Tempur-Pedic uses some silly method of demonstrating a defect in order to use the "warranty" they offer. You have to put a straight edge across the bed with a quarter in front to demonstrate a depression in the mattress.

This in no way demonstrates the lack of support and how a firm mattress has gone soft. The frame is squeaky and cheap. We spent $4000 on frame and mattress for 3 years of use, most of which have been uncomfortable. We got maybe 12 months of comfort from this piece of crap and now the company says our warranty claim does not meet the criteria of defect. DO NOT WASTE your money. The warranty is a farce and you will spend excessive money trying to realign your back and hip from lack of support. So disappointed. I will never recommend this mattress to anyone. If you are looking to buy, read reviews from someone who has had the bed for more than 18 months. Most have the same complaint! NO support.

I recently switched from a Sam's Club $300 mattress to the Tempur-Pedic $3K Queen size mattress. I've been sleeping on it since Dec 2015 and it has been awful. I'm a hefty man, 270ish, and am constantly rolling around trying to find a cool spot. The mattress is incredibly hot and I often wake up sweating. The mattress has also taken a 'shape' to it and is no longer stiff around my hips; more of a mushy sponge. I wake up every 2-3 hours and roll to another section of 'my side' trying to find a stiffer area for my back. Recently it has gotten incredibly worse. I think the mattress has given up trying to re-stiffen throughout the day. I would not recommend this mattress to anyone. I'm 27 and my doctor has told me this mattress is the cause of the sudden lower back issues I've been experiencing over the past few months. BUY SOMETHING ELSE!

I have this Tempurpedic for a little more than 2 years and I am having the same problem as before. My hip is going deeper more and more when I am sleeping and it wasn't like that before. When I sleep across the mattress to see if other areas are good, my hip doesn't go that deep and feel better. The problem is when you sleep in the same area every night, the mattress miss the quality and is having a sink with the time.

I called Tempurpedic and they have a wired method to prove if the mattress is bad or not. They need photo of the mattress with the straight edge lying directly on the mattress, and the quarter leaning against the straight edge not underneath. I explained that my problem is with my body weights and just happening when I am using the mattress, not if I am not using it. They didn't care and never answered my emails. I sent the picture attached to show them the problem and they even answered my email. I am having now a back problem and if the doctors say is because the mattress, I am going to sue them.

I spent almost $10,000 on a bed with adjustable base and the base is already broken within a month. The leg position is stuck in the elevated position. Of course this happens at night when I going to bed. I can't sleep like this... What a pile of junk. I'll never spend my money with this company ever again.

If anyone has issues with Tempur-Pedic I highly recommend going to their website and pursuing the warranty claim. I took the 4 pictures like recommended and submitted and by the next morning I had approval of full replacement. All I needed to do was go to the store and try out the 3 replacement mattresses offered, choose one, and call the 800 number. An order has been placed and a new one is on its way directly to my home and they will take care of the old one. Dealing with this company is so nice. Talked personally to someone, not a voice mail, and that person spoke English as a first language.

We've had this for almost four years and it goes gone very soft in the sleeping area. It's a king, so the middle, where no one sleeps, is still nice and firm. But the sides are like mush. We just came back from three weeks on hotel beds with no pain. After one night back in the tempur, our backs and shoulders are hurting. Way too much money for this to have gone bad so quickly.

My husband has some on again, off again, back troubles. He decided to buy a medium Tempur-Pedic mattress which came yesterday. He woke saying he had the best night sleep. I, on the other hand, woke as I had aged 40 years during the night. I sleep on my right side or my back. While on my side I felt what started as some pressure in my shoulder, hip and knee joints, which turned into real pain and forced me on my back.

On my back, I had the same experience with my lower back, discomfort turned into pain. I was back and forth and still 5 hrs after I got up my hip and knee joint are still sore. Add on the restless sleep because of this physical discomfort, the smell coming from the mattress was very strong and unnerving. What could they put in this mattress that smells so bad and that it can not be good for us to breathe in all night.

Although my husband says he really had such a great night sleep on this mattress, when he left the bed to shower his side of the mattress was drenched, icky wet. This is unusual for my husband to sweat this much during the night. Very strange. I called customer service to get some assurance, feedback, experience about all these concerns and wow she was from the get go. Very off putting. Did not know or want to discuss anything other than telling me I must call the place I purchased the bed. Lowered my confidence in the company and product even more!

I let my boyfriend pick the mattress and foundation. Spent almost $1400 which by the way is RIDICULOUS. Then to realize it is a horrible mattress. My back and shoulders kill me everyday. My boyfriend is suffering as well. I will pick next time and it will be a good old fashion pillow top firm mattress. We tried to return it - we specifically inquired about the 30 day home trial - purchased the protective mattress cover and THEY WOULD NOT TAKE IT BACK. Was told "you have to call on day 30." I called - left 4 messages and never got a call back. I still have the horrible Tempur-Pedic and the backaches - still am not sleeping right and I am still making payments on the cc. Worst purchase EVER. DO NOT BUY.

My wife and I bought our mattress and recommended base a few years ago... Well today when we began packing to move, we saw black mold growing on the bottom of the mattress. We have had the cover on the top of the mattress for protection and now we have mold growing? We live in a desert climate and do not have mold grow on anything where we lived! As soon as I unpack our U-Haul, I'm calling the manufacturer and getting either a refund or a replacement! Super mad and disappointed right now.

In the middle of February 2016 we purchased a Tempur-Pedic Cloud twin mattress. My wife is still complaining about the odor coming from the mattress that is in the spare bedroom. I finally put it on one of the beds in the master bedroom to get it out of the spare room. I have now found out that her complaint was accurate, the mattress does smell. After 4 months I reasoned that any residual orders should have dissipated.

Tempur-pedic did not agree with me. They suggested that I open my windows and air the house out. (The fact that it is 110F out and that we had actually changed rooms didn't seem to matter.) They said that they were using new chemicals that took longer to clear out. I think this statement could be BS. I do not recommend that anyone buy a Tempur-Pedic. Their serving people are rude and full of --- excuses that are questionable.

I bought the 2 Twin XL and adjustable base with the Tempur-Pedic foundation. After less than 4 years of usage the compression in the center of mattress or "ditching" effect is horrendous. My back and neck pain worsens daily. The Tempur-Pedic warranty department says it has to be visually measurable on a "bare" mattress. The only time this collapses is with weight on it. Run, don't walk, from the Tempur-Pedic product line!

Expert Review

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.    More about Michael J.→

Tempur-Pedic makes its own specialized brand of memory foam beds that adapt to your specific shape, weight and temperature to help you get a good night's sleep.

• Variety: Tempur-Pedic offers a wide variety of bed styles depending on your needs, including Tempur-Cloud, Tempur-Contour, Tempur-Choice, Tempur-Breeze and Tempur-Weightless.
  • Materials: The Tempur-Breeze has cooling technology and an ultra-breathable design to keep you cool, which can improve the quality of sleep you get.
  • Support: It offers excellent customer support and delivers your new mattress directly to your door, removing your old mattress and packing materials.
  • Warranty: It offers a 10-year warranty covering your mattress and flat foundation.
  • Accessories: In addition to mattresses, it also offers Tempur-Pedic pillows and mattress covers.
  • Best for Tempur-Pedic mattresses are best for special needs and professionals.

Compare Mattresses