1.99/5

Need a good mattress?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

561 Tempur-Pedic Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We purchased a Cal King locally in 2011, and also purchased their recommended foundation. We had one issue with the foundation early on, replacement was easy with the warranty. I feel our almost 8 years with this mattress warrants an honest review. We are both tall and thin, weighing 150 and 190 lbs. At the time, it came with a 20 year warranty. There was an awful odor we were warned about by our salesperson with this mattress, and it did take its sweet time to dissipate (2 months I think?). Hate to think of what we put our lungs through. We had high expectations likely due to the hype surrounding memory foam.

In hindsight, there were issues from the get-go. I think we were in denial it could be this expensive mattress that's supposed to be the best. Somewhere along the line both my husband and I started waking up with pain. Full back pain, the kind that almost knocks the breath out of you when you try to take a breath. I started getting migraines far more often. My husband was waking up with headaches and back pain which would cramp up and cause shoulder/neck tension and tension headaches.

I thought for a long time my back pain was because I'd ridden horses competitively through my childhood and into my mid 20s. I trained horses for nearly a decade before the economy took a crap in 2008, I was riding 6-8 horses a day 5-6 days a week. My husband grew up helping on his family farm and also had a back injury from a 4 wheeler accident. We justified the pain by thinking we'd been hard on our bodies over the years. We blamed our pillows for the neck pain and headaches. We spent SO much money on trying different pillows. We both also started suffering from insomnia, and this was relatively early on in having this mattress. We both blamed our high stress jobs (I was working in an office for a large financial corporation by the time we purchased this).

The only time I slept deeply on this mattress was when I'd had our child, and was so sleep deprived in those early months. Early on also, my husband started snoring, - like freight train coming through the wall snoring. He used to only snore if he was sick or drank too much. Which was mostly in our early 20s partying with friends. I hate snoring, I can't describe with which the anger that boils up within me when I hear it. I had to start wearing earplugs in 2012 to get any sleep. The long term use has damaged my ears and caused tinnitus. Within the last few months, his snoring had progressively gotten worse to the point where we started rotating who slept on the couch. That's when we noticed we were waking up without pain, and I never heard him freight train snoring from across the house. I feel like an idiot, that I never considered the mattress as a problem.

We recently purchased a new mattress (a Sealy Posturepedic plush pillowtop), and with our first sleep on it we woke up pain free and there was no snoring. Our first couple nights were not the best sleep on the new mattress. We woke up frequently, but by night three we both had such improvements in quality of sleep. My insomnia has disappeared, my husband's has lessened considerably. I'm waking less, and falling asleep faster. The snoring is gone. I haven't been brave enough to remove the earplugs (I did switch to wax plugs to prevent further damage to my ears). I've had one migraine since switching mattresses, but I was getting 2-3 a week. I'm hopeful they will at least decrease in frequency now that I'm getting better rest.

I cannot in good faith recommend this mattress. When we were mattress shopping, my body had a strong aversion to the newer TempurPedics, the Sealy hybrids, and any mattress that I laid directly on the memory foam. Hope this prevents others from years of pain and horrible sleep. I've also left this review on Amazon.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We spent $4500 on a mattress that could not withstand the duration of the warranty. Our mattress lost its firmness, which is the only reason we made the purchase, within 6 of the 10 year warranty and we are extremely disappointed that Tempur-Pedic has denied our claim. They are saying we are making a comfort complaint because they cannot physically see the defect even though they will tell you that they accept written descriptions of mattress defects that cannot visibly be seen. When you go to make a purchase of this price with Tempur-Pedic please understand that there is a very good chance the length of quality will not last. I encourage those of you desiring a quality mattress to spend your money elsewhere.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Although I’m writing this review in 2019, we purchased ours in 2006. It took about 3 weeks to get used to rolling over because this mattress doesn’t have springs and, therefore, doesn’t bounce when we move. We LOVE THIS MATTRESS! I was reading the more recent purchasers reviews and I just had to defend this AWESOME MATTRESS and box spring!

However, I DO recall a weird smell at first, but it disappeared quickly and we have NO REMORSE after having purchased this. AND it does have two permanent impressions where our bodies have been all these years, but we will get at least a partial discount for a new one. But NOW I’m wondering whether they’re not made as well as they were in 2006! We shall soon see!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

These beds are the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept on. I have been in hotels, have purchased other brand names in the past years, but have never slept on a mattress that was so uncomfortable. I have had these for two years and have not had one decent night's sleep and my back is killing me from this mattress. I keep thinking it will get better, but it gets worse. The only good thing about the bed is the massage, but then when it goes off, it is back to the worst bed mattress of all. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS MATTRESS.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Horrible. Back, neck, and body pain started after sleeping on memory foam. So very expensive. Difficult to get out of. Difficult to roll over in. Would never recommend a Tempur-Pedic mattress. The edges of the mattress remain firmer while the center sinks making it harder to get out of. The mattress when looking at it appears to return to a level surface after you get out. Spoke with Tempur-Pedic and was told because mattress returned to level no warranty or returns were valid. Such a disappointing mattress. I am a teacher and had hoped that my hard earned money would be well spent with the brand... I failed in getting a good mattress.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My husband bought yesterday, January 22, 2 Tempur-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling - king size pillows. He bought them at a Bedding Mart store in Jonesboro, AR. The store doesn't have a demo pillow so you can at least rest your head for a minute and see how it feels. The sales person told us that is an expensive pillow, he took it out from the box and brake a little bit the plastic so my husband could try it. You cannot see actually how it is because the bag had still air and you only can tell after sleeping at night.

After sleeping last night, I woke up with my neck stiff, the pillow is too high and too firm. Called the store today, but they apologized for my discomfort, told me that they can't do anything about it. Sent an email and called to Tempur-Pedic and they told me that they cannot do anything since I didn't bought it straight from their website, even so they weren't sure if they could help me. So here I am stuck with a pillow that causes me neck pains, was expensive and the company does not do anything to help you.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My husband and I went to our local Mattress and More store to purchase a new mattress. We laid on a Tempur-Pedic and wow oh wow, fell in love. I asked if we could purchase the floor model and was told no. So, we ordered a new one at over $4,000.00. When it arrived it stank to high Heaven. The store told us to be patient, the smell would go away. It did - but who knows what we were breathing - and might still be breathing. The mattress was SO uncomfortable, we were shocked. They said it takes time to break it in. They told us to walk on it, to have our dogs walk on it. We complained of sweating and they suggested an expensive wool mattress pad. No help.

Four years later the mattress is still terribly uncomfortable and the sweating continues. We don't sleep well at night and wake up with aches. I also purchased a full size mattress of a different brand at less than 500.00. It is a million times better than this $4,000 piece of garbage. I contacted Tempur-Pedic and they told me since I didn't purchase from them I need to take it up with the store. I told them that was a cop-out. It is THEIR product and they need to stand behind it. Basically the mattress on display was a total fabricated, misrepresentation of what they were actually selling so that stupid people would purchase it. That is false advertising. Seems that would be against the law and we should all be able to do something about it! If they won't stand behind their product I won't stand with them. I will NEVER purchase a Tempur-Pedic again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

As a consumer, make sure to do your research. Tempur-Pedic has an excellent marketing strategy that lets people believe this products are amazing. WRONG. Defective, painful and the company's warranty claim has its flaws. I have dealt with the company 3x now (Jan. 2018-Jan 2019) to replace a defective mattress. DO NOT FALL FOR THE MARKETING GIMMICKS, STRONG ADVERTISING IMAGES, AND FALSE REVIEWS. There are enough claims, photos, complaints, and honest statements from REAL CONSUMERS to go against their company's image. The mattress does not conform to your body and in some cases does leave mold. You will end up sleeping in a hammock like position and if ailments precede you, then expect for them to flare up.

After my review was denied, I was informed that the main supervisor in Kentucky would call me. That was on Thursday morning at 8 am EST. I called back on Friday, and they said he was out and leaves at 5 pm. WRONG. He doesn't take calls. The company lied that he tried to call me several times and that we were playing phone tag. REMEMBER, THEY RECORD EVERY PHONE CALL SO THEY CLAIM.

I was willing to show my phone records to verify that it was a lie. After all the hustle and on Tuesday afternoon, I was informed they would just do this as a courtesy and that he would not take the phone call. The representative named "Chantel - Kentucky Office" was RUDE. Whoever hired this lady for customer services has ZERO business hiring anyone. The professionalism was uncalled for and as a consumer, it's unacceptable. I called back 3x and finally got an intelligent agent who was honest. Overall, I wouldn't buy from this company knowing the products do NOT LAST and they will deny a claim to better protect the company. Honesty is no longer a concern in America.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Spent 4000 dollars on what I thought was going to be an excellent experience. My knee is painful because of my lower back. My shoulder hurts. I am trying to get an MRI on my knee because of pain and when I saw the reviews I am realizing that the new mattress from Leon's is killing me. My wife sleeps in the living room on the old mattress and appears ok. I don't know what to do at this point because mattresses are so expensive. Dont throw your money away on this.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We purchased the Tempur Cloud Supreme for a little over $3000. Several months after sleeping on it we noticed body impressions and my wife and I were sleeping in divots. The sad thing is we continued to do this for approximately 2 years before we had enough. We understand that there can be an occasional "lemon" in the lot and we upgraded to the Cloud Supreme Breeze which is the same mattress but is supposed to sleep cooler - WRONG at a cost of $1900 for the upgrade. 3 months into the new mattress, guess what, yep huge body impressions again. We procrastinated as the warranty exchange process is a royal pain. This time when we called we told them that we have had 2 of the same model and neither has lasted for over a year. No problem as long as we pay the upgrade fee.

I explained that I felt that we should not have to pay a fee as I know (I used to sell them for a retailer) what kind of profit they have on these (the wholesale price is $2200 for a $4999 mattress), but they stuck to their guns, as I spoke to supervisor after supervisor, they finally agreed to reduce the upgrade by 50%. This is something, but ridiculous after 2 mattresses failed. Each level of increase up the chain was met with a higher level of arrogance and entitlement to the company. I was told that the head Executive Services Margaret ** would call me back and I am still waiting for that call, so I looked up the email of the CEO Scott Thompson and sent him an email explaining the pompous attitudes of everyone that I had spoken to and asked him for an explanation.

I did receive a call back later in the day from someone other than Scott Thompson explaining that he does not deal with customers and to explain to me to either take their offer or leave it! I asked to speak to him and was declined. I guess that the arrogance of this company starts from the top and works its way down. The entire company especially the CEO has lost touch with the customer that has put them where they are!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

This mattress changed my life. I can't sleep on anything else. From being able to adjust position to the massage feature, I can always fall asleep - even on those sleepless nights. Sleeping is so luxurious now.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I have had my mattress replaced twice and the third is no better. Waking up with backache every morning and filed a complaint. They stated the indentation wasn’t significant. This mattress is a waste of money. I will never purchase another product from them.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Tempur-Pedic was fairly good when first purchased. However it has become increasingly uncomfortable. It was very expensive & not worth the money. The mechanism to change positions has long quit working also & no one repairs it. I've had to buy a thick foam topper to sleep on it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Tempur-Pedic is the most comfortable mattress I've ever owned. It has lasted for close to 20 years, and although I don't weigh that much, I think it's finally time to put my mattress to sleep instead of the other way around.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We spent over $4K for the firmest Tempur-Pedic and the base that we were told was required or else the warranty would be nullified. Within three months, barely after the outgassing period was past, the firmness of the mattress was gone. Leaning into it is like putting a hand in clay. Every morning we wake up stiff and in joint pain in the lower back and hip joints. The mattress holds heat from the time you lay down, so after 2 hours you wake up baking. After a few months we tried to send back the mattress; it was not for us and not what we paid for. We had been not shown the bogus warranty until after we bought the mattress, so be sure to read it carefully in advance.

The only thing covered by the warranty is the very top surface of the mattress. You have to take a picture of the mattress with a yardstick or broomstick across it and a quarter leaning against the stick. The surface has to show something like an inch of indentation. So they designed an overpriced sponge with a surface layer that bounces back—clever thing will never dent at the surface. I am not a heavy person, maybe 115 pounds, but my entire body sinks into this thing advertised as extra firm, and turning over at night or getting out of bed in the morning is like hauling myself out of quicksand.

The company is evasive, used delay tactics, and ultimately does not stand by their product design. I’ve never seen such a crooked warranty and we are shocked that an established, national brand does not stand by their product. The best they would offer, after months of wrangling, was a minor discount on buying the exact same thing. The design is defective! Why would we want to bring another one into our home. Hope this helps.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We purchased a King - Flex Supreme Breeze in November of 2017. The mattress is a hybrid with coils and memory foam. It is intended for back and side sleepers. My wife had two back surgeries so we decided to spend the extra money for a Tempur-Pedic. My wife is a back sleeper and I’m a side sleeper. So we thought this mattress was a great match for us. Unfortunately, the mattress delivered was much firmer than the Flex Supreme Breeze mattresses we tried at four different retails stores.

I could not sleep on my side without shoulder pain. We know it took time for the mattress to break in. We had 3 months to exchange. This was not long enough for us to make a decision. This mattress helped my wife with her back problems so even though I was not happy with it being too firm, I waited it out as she was doing good. After a year, the mattress is exactly the same firmness as when we received it. I cannot sleep on my side without shoulder pain, tossing and turning all night. We reached out to Tempur-Pedic and filed a warranty claim as our mattress is nothing like the Flex Supreme Breeze mattresses in stores, even after one year.

Unfortunately, Tempur-Pedic denied our claim. Stated that Tempur-Pedic has the right to deny claims based on Comfort Preference. This is not a comfort preference. The mattress is not, in any way, what we purchased or similar to the Flex Supreme Breeze in stores. I would love if our mattress were as comfortable as the ones in stores. I do not have another $4,600 for another mattress. We were hoping Tempur-Pedic would stand with us on customer satisfaction. My wife and I married 8/2017 and I have recently slowly been sleeping in the second bedroom on our old mattress. After a year of marriage, we should not be sleeping in different bedrooms.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We purchased Tempur-Pedic Mattress and base together in 2015, paid for almost $5700, within 2 yrs my husband start falling off bed during sleeping. He had to climb to the mid of bed, so we changed side to sleep. This year both of us start suffering back pain, shoulder hurt and headache. We changed to sleep on our 10yrs old mattress, guess what, all the pain gone. During the process changing the mattress, we found out the base is not flat, we took off the cover to see what is going on, the plywood is not together with metal frame. We do not know what to do, so we reach Tempur-Pedic customer service. They sent out a tech to check, the tech did not know how to fix it.

He took some pic of the bed is not flat, plywood come off from metal frame. After 1 week we called back, they told us it is out of the warranty because we took off the cover. They said we abused and damage the frame. The cover was poorly glued and stapled on the frame, just for decoration, there is nothing to do with abusing and damaging the frame. After multi-negotiate and explain, they won't take the warranty anymore. Now we are pursuing legal way. Join us **.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I ordered 2 pillows last night from this site and this morning I check my email and the sales department wants information to verify my address, the proof they are wanting either a ‘full copy of a utility bill or a copy of the front and back of my driver's license. I order online A LOT! Never in my life has a company has ever asked for this information. In this age of identity theft and cyber hacking I find the information they are requesting is excessive and unnecessary, there are other ways to verify addresses. If I could they would receive a zero star. Buyer beware!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

We paid 2000$ CDN for queen size Tempur-Pedic mattress along with 500$ for an approved 6 leg support frame and box support structure. Our last plain foam mattress lasted almost 25 years and eventually wore out. We liked the foam so much we thought we'd invest in a very high quality foam based mattress. After about 5 years we felt definite depressions on each side of the bed where we sleep. There was a noticeable hill to climb if you moved to the centre of the bed. It felt like you were lying in a hammock with your main torso sinking in significantly lower than the calves or the shoulders. I am convinced that this has contributed to back pain for both of us.

Tempur-Pedic have the buzz off routine well rehearsed for their phone reps. Warranty package, pictures 3/4" minimum measurable depression, maximum politeness and so on and so on. The surface depression is not the issue. It is the degradation in the spring rates of the lower foam layers. All mattresses eventually sag but for 2000$ you can buy 3 or 4 average spring based beds and be a lot more comfortable!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

We also bought one, hearing that it will change your life. Well it did for sure, and not for the better. We are in pain within minutes of laying in bed, all through the night, and worse when we wake up in the morning. Biggest piece of crap we ever spent money on. We had filed a warranty claim about 10 months after and when they came out they said there was nothing wrong with it. That it passed the indentation test. (Needs a noticeable 1-1/2" depression in it.) But yet when I lay on it, I sink down into a trench, and have to roll uphill to get out or turn over.

The pain we both experience is terrible, and we just could not continue to sleep on it. So we went and bought a Sealy spring and foam ($1800), and are sleeping great with no pain at all. Now at the 3 year mark, I am going to be fighting for a refund or something. Any suggestions are welcome from those whom has success getting warranty. The retailer (Dufresne) is very difficult to deal with, and we will never purchase from them again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We purchased a Tempur-Pedic after being told by the salesman that it was "life changing". It certainly is life changing... since we paid over $4000 for it and now we wake up in agony many times throughout the night due to hip and low back pain. I literally HATE going to bed, because I know I'm not going to sleep well and that I'll wake up in pain.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We ordered the Pro Adapt Medium, total cost of 3708.94. It arrived 1st week in August. Mattress was extremely hard. We tried putting a mattress pad to help cushion it, but still way to hard for us. My husband developed back and hip issues that he had never had before sleeping on this mattress and has been seeing a chiropractor ever since. We decided it was not for us on Aug 21. I called into customer service to start the refund process. Was asked to exchange instead of return, the rep told me that if we exchanged then the return policy would be voided. I told her I wanted to return it, not interested in any other type of mattress.

She told me it would be 7-14 days and the shipper would contact me about picking it back up. After 14 days and no phone call, I called back into TP and they gave me the shippers phone number and told ME to call and schedule. The shipper finally picked up on 9/20. I was told after it was picked up and back to shippers warehouse that the refund would be 7-14 days. After 20 days and no refund, I called back into TP. Rep told me they were a little behind to give it a few more days. On 10/12, still no refund I called TP again. The Rep told me that what I was told previously was incorrect and I would have to wait until the mattress was returned to TP warehouse not the shippers. The shipper will not ship back to TP until they have a full load and this could take 4-6 MONTHS!! Refunds aren't given till AFTER they are returned to TEMPUR-PEDIC.

I got quite angry and stated this isn't what their website says nor was it what I was told on the initial call on 8/21. She then told me she could do an "Early Credit" and then proceeded to verify that my mattress had been picked up thru the shippers website. I was sent an email and was told that I would get a refund minus shipping in 7-10 days. It is now 10/26 (14 days) and still NO refund. I called again this morning and was told the Credit department is a few days behind. My advice is AVOID THIS COMPANY IF YOU AREN'T 100% SURE THIS MATTRESS IS FOR YOU. One of the worst experiences in my life.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

We purchased a Tempur-Pedic mattress about 3 years ago under the assumption that it would give us the best night's sleep...wrong! I started having chronic, severe lower back problems. I woke up every day tired and hurting. My husband was sweating like crazy on this thing every night and complained of back pain, as well. A few weeks ago, I fell asleep on the couch in the TV room and woke up the next morning with NO back pain!! I slept there the next night just to test my theory...same result. I went back to sleep on the TP and, you guessed it, back pain. I now try to sleep in the TV room as much as possible to avoid having to go the chiropractor like I was. That mattress is the worst $3,000, I ever spent!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I bought a mattress cloud and foundation. It just worked for 3 years, after that it started losing evenness under my body, some spots feel empty and some extra hard. I started getting shoulder and lower back pain. I contacted customer service because they claim 10 year warranty. I was expecting they'll send someone to see the problem but they just asked some stupid pictures and of course they denied it. You can pay one third of this expensive low quality mattress and buy another brand so you'll change it every 2 or 3 years, no need to pay extra money to nothing.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Great shopping experience at Sleep Train, now MattressFirm, but... HORRIBLE PRODUCT! Mattress is TOO HOT and caused extreme back pain for over a year. I was in great physical shape when I purchased this bed in 2016. Took a while to figure out the pain was coming from the mattress. I just couldn't imagine having extreme pain from a brand new mattress that cost so much $$$. I always felt worse when I got up in the morning and started to have extreme pain while sleeping. I had 2 different medium firm pillow top Beauty Rest mattresses and both turned out to be horrible. My hips and back hurt so bad from this mattress that I sometimes couldn't sleep & it took hours after waking to recover from sleeping on it!

"Lifetime Warranty" is BS. Company told me I had to PAY for a test kit when I said it was sagging after I only had it for 6 months. Then I read all the negative info same as my experience. I think it's time for a legal complaint! Avoid this company. Avoid this mattress. AND notice the 4 and 5 star reviews vs. the 1 star. The 1 star reviews have a lot of specifics about what and when purchased and problems with mattress and warranty/company. The 4-5 star reviews are brief, most bunched together in the same few days or month and most do not have specifics of when purchased (i.e. phony!).

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I ordered firm mattress back in May but didn’t get my mattress until mid August after multiple phone calls and postings on their Facebook acct. Finally it arrived and was hoping that it will help my back especially after two epidural injection to my discs. Not only it didn’t help my back and in fact it was making it worse. I ached more than before sleeping on this Expensive junk. Please help your back, do not buy this mattress.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I had ordered a mattress and base through the Tempur-Pedic website. Two weeks later I decided to called and make sure it would be delivered that week. The guy on the phone said the order was on backorder, but he would ship it out as fast as he could and guaranteed a delivery of early next week; he also sent two pillows for the inconvenience which was nice. The week comes up so I decide to ask online and was told my order was still on backorder and it was back in stock so it would be shipped out. She told me she would keep me up to date and "investigate" why I was told it would be delivered. She stopped responding basically. So I had called again to chat and the lady on the phone said it was again on backorder. Then proceeded to tell me that she would email me back to update me on the order...

Surprise surprise a couple days later I got no emails, so again I went to the online chat and got a lady named Berenice. I told her how frustrated I was and that no one was getting back to me. She told me basically the same thing about looking into the order and getting back to me. I was not expecting much from her, in fact, I was ready to throw in the towel and just order from another brand altogether. Surprisingly she got back to me and kept emailing me about the order and who the delivery person was going to be.

I'm still waiting for my mattress a month after ordering, but hopefully, this worker actually appears as though she cares and maybe I will get it within the next week. I don't feel like I should of had to of gone through that many people to get someone to figure out my order. Not only did I never get an email originally that my order would be put on backorder, but I was ignored by the employees. I don't recall who the people on the phone were as I did not catch their names but the other woman I had talked to online is Andrea ** and I specifically asked her if she was ignoring me after sending an email and not getting a response for 2-3 days. In which again was never replied to. I'm very disappointed by the customer service given.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

We were early adopters of Tempur-Pedic about 18 years ago, and loved every night spent on that mattress. When we moved, we decided to get a new one and the CSR said the 'new' equivalent to ours was the Contour Supreme. A very firm mattress at $3200 (King). Less than a year later, we are very disappointed and achy, because this mattress is not firm at all. Curiously, the 'Supreme' model is being discontinued after just a couple years.

I tried to get some assistance from the company, now Sealy marketing Tempur-Pedic. Since our mattress is not outwardly defective, they would not allow any credit toward a new mattress, yet I contend the defect is in the design with too many soft layers modifying the firmness. The Contour Supreme is NOT a firm mattress. Long and short, we are discarding our 11-month-old T-P mattress, and buying hybrid, probably Saatva, which does in fact sell a firm mattress. Expensive lesson!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

The mattress started sagging under normal use. Submitted a warranty claim and was approved for a replacement. The problem is the top of the line model I have was discontinued and replaced with a nearly identical model with a similar name. The main difference is the new model cost twice as much at retail price. The warranty department said I have to pay the difference in costs. I was willing to accept a lower model or even a mattress topper as long as there is no out of pocket expense and they are requiring me to choose a more expensive model so they can get another sale. The warranty is bogus so keep that in mind when Tempur-Pedic says 10 or 20 year warranty. Their support has long wait times, is super condescending with that I don't care attitude. It is only a piece of foam and which other brands of foam mattress feel the same for far less. I thought if I bought the name brand it would somehow be a better product or service.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

It's HOT! It's ridiculously EXPENSIVE! BAD Warranty service! I can't say enough about how bad this company and bed is. I had to choose between sleeping with my newly wed wife in this bed or getting a good night sleep. Most of the time we have to run the AC just to go to sleep. I've slept on many kinds of beds in my life and all have pros and cons but this one is the overall worst. It took about a month just for the smell to go away and to get used to sleeping on the bed. After that I slept ok for maybe 3 or 4 months even though the mattress was really hot. After that I started getting pain in my hip because the bed got so soft it wasn't supporting my back and hips anymore.

I messaged the warranty people to let them know. In a nutshell I had to send pictures of the soft spot which actually turned out to be a dip in the mattress. Apparently my dip wasn't big enough for them so they would not deal with me anymore and pretty much told me to come back when the dip was bigger (I've only had the mattress a year-ish). Since then I have spent an entire month sleeping on the floor (not great for a new marriage). I now alternate between bed and couch because my wife likes sleeping together.

Tempur-Pedic expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Tempur-Pedic makes its own specialized brand of memory foam beds that adapt to your specific shape, weight and temperature to help you get a good night's sleep.

• Variety: Tempur-Pedic offers a wide variety of bed styles depending on your needs, including Tempur-Cloud, Tempur-Contour, Tempur-Choice, Tempur-Breeze and Tempur-Weightless.

• Materials: The Tempur-Breeze has cooling technology and an ultra-breathable design to keep you cool, which can improve the quality of sleep you get.

• Support: It offers excellent customer support and delivers your new mattress directly to your door, removing your old mattress and packing materials.

• Warranty: It offers a 10-year warranty covering your mattress and flat foundation.

• Accessories: In addition to mattresses, it also offers Tempur-Pedic pillows and mattress covers.

• Best for: Tempur-Pedic mattresses are best for special needs and professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
    Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information