3.71/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

Tempur-Pedic Reviews

Original review: April 15, 2019

Have had this mattress since 1997 - 22 years. Had a 10 years warranty if I remember correctly. If so, it has surpassed both its warranty and my expectations. I love this mattress. It is from the time that there was only one model to get. Now there are so many models and none of them feels as good to me as my older one. The new ones are too soft for us.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We have enjoyed our purchase and the beds have held up well after 7 years of use. Expected more for the price we paid. We have not had any issues with our purchase so far. The warranty is reasonable as we can get a new mattress on a pro rata basis if we needed to. As far as comfort the mattresses can positioned in many ways. We can raise and lower the upper and lower ends of the mattresses if we have back or leg pain and a massage and heating features that add to comfort.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Love the mattress, only thing I wasn’t happy with they had to replace them because they were dipping, and it wasn’t 6 months. They did the same thing and they want to charge me $1400 for it to be replaced. They said was prorated now from the purchase time in the beginning, I felt they should have replaced it with no charge but they refused and they discontinued this model. So it wasn’t my fault as I’m the only one sleeping in it and I weigh 105 lbs, so wasn’t happy with that at all, now we are thinking of replacing them but I’m really confused rather to give them another try!!! Linda

Original review: April 1, 2019

We've had our mattress for 6 years, it is like we've had it 6 months. It has held up excellent, no sunk-in areas, it is as firm as when it was new. There are no body pressure points with this mattress, you wake up feeling refreshed. We have always had a mattress cover that supposed to keep it cool, we are in So California and have not noticed being overheated. It's not ideal for relations however there are ways to work that out.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Although I’m writing this review in 2019, we purchased ours in 2006. It took about 3 weeks to get used to rolling over because this mattress doesn’t have springs and, therefore, doesn’t bounce when we move. We LOVE THIS MATTRESS! I was reading the more recent purchasers reviews and I just had to defend this AWESOME MATTRESS and box spring!

However, I DO recall a weird smell at first, but it disappeared quickly and we have NO REMORSE after having purchased this. AND it does have two permanent impressions where our bodies have been all these years, but we will get at least a partial discount for a new one. But NOW I’m wondering whether they’re not made as well as they were in 2006! We shall soon see!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

They don't want to honor their warranty, they ask for photo documentation but as soon as you send it it won't go through because they limit you to 2 mb for 4 pics although the submission form says 8 mb. This is a scam so they don't have to honor their guarantees. Our bed has gone soft, has dips and ridges and we're waking up with back aches.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

When purchased a few months ago, mattress felt elevated in center. Complained to store and they provided a lower foundation. Still didn't help. Husband suggested to try it for a while to see if problem would go away. Only seems to get worse. Complained to Tempur-pedic and they said not enough evidence of problem. They would not come to see it. Just turned my complaint down.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I ordered a mattress from Tempur-Pedic and after sleeping on it for a week, I could barely walk. My low back was in spasms, my neck was so stiff I could hardly turn it, and my entire body ached. (For reference, I'm a 5'6" 125 pound endurance runner. So sleep is absolutely imperative for me.) When I called to ask for a return and refund, the woman in customer service started lecturing me about how the mattress takes 30 to 90 days to "break in". I laughed at her, saying I absolutely did NOT have 1-3 months to break in a mattress, leading to back problems and lack of sleep! No other mattress I've owned required a break in period. It's utterly absurd that this is the company's motto. So she then took all my information down, stating someone in returns would call me back the next day.

No one did. I called back, explained my situation and the person on the phone said all of my information had been sent to the wrong department. So we started over again. The following day I received a call from a woman named Laney from the returns department, who left me a voice mail message with her return phone number. She warned that she's on the phone "all day", so that I should leave her a voice msg. When I called her back, the number she had given me lead to a mystery machine with a generic message. I left several messages, and she never returned my call. I then called the customer service line AGAIN.

The woman who answered this time told me that this so called Laney from returns who had contacted me was on the phone. I asked if I could leave her a voice mail. She implied that Laney didn't have a voice mail. I told her that Laney had specifically reiterated that I leave a message on her voice mail. Now I'm being told she doesn't have voice mail?! This left me wondering who was lying about what, or if the entire company is so inept that absolutely no one knows what they're doing. I'm now on my 5th phone call to these people and still haven't gotten an answer. This company is AWFUL. Their customer service is TERRIBLE! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We paid $3500 for our king Cloud Supreme mattress set, at that time it had a so called 20 yr warranty. We’ve had to replace it under warranty once because after two years the supports loosens to where you feel like you are sleeping in a hole. I’m a ladies size 12. The manufacturer said after they agreed to replace it, they would never replace again because it wasn’t sagging once they got it back, only 1/4 of an inch. Such a bold lie from the representative. So then we slept on the replacement set for the next two more years, the EXACT SAME THING AGAIN! We were sleeping in a hole again. We now have the mattress set in our guest bedroom. We’ve had to purchase a new set from another manufacturer for our master bedroom.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

3 years we bought our mattress and box springs for almost $4000.00. Approximately 1-1/2 years later, we developed a hump in the middle of the bed and indentions on the sides. When we sit on the sides of the bed, we slide to the floor. We were told that we had a 10 yr. warranty and filed a claim. After 4 emails asking for photos and 2 phone calls, our claim was denied. Apparently, memory foam doesn't last very long. My husband weighs 200# and I weigh 165. We are not obese people. I have a herniated disk and will be having surgery soon. I need a good mattress.

We asked to have a representative come look at the mattress and even lay on it, but they don't do that. What good does it do to have a 10 yr. warranty, if they won't honor it. We will never buy a Tempur-Pedic again, nor will we ever recommend one to anyone. After only 3 years, we will have to buy a new mattress. We are not wealthy people. We thought this mattress would last us many years. This has been a terrible experience.

Tempur-Pedic expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Tempur-Pedic makes its own specialized brand of memory foam beds that adapt to your specific shape, weight and temperature to help you get a good night's sleep.

• Variety: Tempur-Pedic offers a wide variety of bed styles depending on your needs, including Tempur-Cloud, Tempur-Contour, Tempur-Choice, Tempur-Breeze and Tempur-Weightless.

• Materials: The Tempur-Breeze has cooling technology and an ultra-breathable design to keep you cool, which can improve the quality of sleep you get.

• Support: It offers excellent customer support and delivers your new mattress directly to your door, removing your old mattress and packing materials.

• Warranty: It offers a 10-year warranty covering your mattress and flat foundation.

• Accessories: In addition to mattresses, it also offers Tempur-Pedic pillows and mattress covers.

• Best for: Tempur-Pedic mattresses are best for special needs and professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information