3.70/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Tempur-Pedic Reviews

Original review: April 15, 2019

Have had this mattress since 1997 - 22 years. Had a 10 years warranty if I remember correctly. If so, it has surpassed both its warranty and my expectations. I love this mattress. It is from the time that there was only one model to get. Now there are so many models and none of them feels as good to me as my older one. The new ones are too soft for us.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We have enjoyed our purchase and the beds have held up well after 7 years of use. Expected more for the price we paid. We have not had any issues with our purchase so far. The warranty is reasonable as we can get a new mattress on a pro rata basis if we needed to. As far as comfort the mattresses can positioned in many ways. We can raise and lower the upper and lower ends of the mattresses if we have back or leg pain and a massage and heating features that add to comfort.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 5, 2019

Love the mattress, only thing I wasn’t happy with they had to replace them because they were dipping, and it wasn’t 6 months. They did the same thing and they want to charge me $1400 for it to be replaced. They said was prorated now from the purchase time in the beginning, I felt they should have replaced it with no charge but they refused and they discontinued this model. So it wasn’t my fault as I’m the only one sleeping in it and I weigh 105 lbs, so wasn’t happy with that at all, now we are thinking of replacing them but I’m really confused rather to give them another try!!! Linda

Original review: April 1, 2019

We've had our mattress for 6 years, it is like we've had it 6 months. It has held up excellent, no sunk-in areas, it is as firm as when it was new. There are no body pressure points with this mattress, you wake up feeling refreshed. We have always had a mattress cover that supposed to keep it cool, we are in So California and have not noticed being overheated. It's not ideal for relations however there are ways to work that out.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Although I’m writing this review in 2019, we purchased ours in 2006. It took about 3 weeks to get used to rolling over because this mattress doesn’t have springs and, therefore, doesn’t bounce when we move. We LOVE THIS MATTRESS! I was reading the more recent purchasers reviews and I just had to defend this AWESOME MATTRESS and box spring!

However, I DO recall a weird smell at first, but it disappeared quickly and we have NO REMORSE after having purchased this. AND it does have two permanent impressions where our bodies have been all these years, but we will get at least a partial discount for a new one. But NOW I’m wondering whether they’re not made as well as they were in 2006! We shall soon see!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

We paid almost $10,000 for our bed, and after 6 years we noticed the sagging, which we have put up with until now. The mattress is only 8 years old and we can't stand it any longer, we are going numb at night when getting sucked into the hole. If I can manage to sleep on the edge where it's still a little firm, the numbing doesn't happen, so we know it's the bed. The camper mattress is better than this. The warranty is a joke! They will not honor it! Cathee **, Gresham, OR

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

We bought a Tempur-Pedic Proadapt Firm because we were told that the Breeze which was our first choice would be very cold and I can't stand to be cold. At the store, it was comfortable but once we received our mattress, it's terrible, it's like sleeping on concrete. We called Tempur-Pedic to be told to try it for 30 days which we did but after 30 days, they still won't let us return it. They are now saying to try it for 90 days. Or to buy their topper! This bed is the worst bed I've ever had, my former memory foam mattress that I paid $500 on Amazon is way more comfortable.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I had a mattress delivered to my home. After placing the mattress onto the frame, the foot section would function properly. The head section would only go up and not down. I am handicapped and asked the lady on the phone to urgently send out some help for me. She offered to send me out by email the instructions on how to fix it myself. LIKE I SAID "I AM HANDICAPPED AND GET NOT GET ON THE FLOOR TO FIX IT''. She clearly did not care about my situation or my need for help on this matter.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

They don't want to honor their warranty, they ask for photo documentation but as soon as you send it it won't go through because they limit you to 2 mb for 4 pics although the submission form says 8 mb. This is a scam so they don't have to honor their guarantees. Our bed has gone soft, has dips and ridges and we're waking up with back aches.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

When purchased a few months ago, mattress felt elevated in center. Complained to store and they provided a lower foundation. Still didn't help. Husband suggested to try it for a while to see if problem would go away. Only seems to get worse. Complained to Tempur-pedic and they said not enough evidence of problem. They would not come to see it. Just turned my complaint down.

Tempur-Pedic expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Tempur-Pedic makes its own specialized brand of memory foam beds that adapt to your specific shape, weight and temperature to help you get a good night's sleep.

• Variety: Tempur-Pedic offers a wide variety of bed styles depending on your needs, including Tempur-Cloud, Tempur-Contour, Tempur-Choice, Tempur-Breeze and Tempur-Weightless.

• Materials: The Tempur-Breeze has cooling technology and an ultra-breathable design to keep you cool, which can improve the quality of sleep you get.

• Support: It offers excellent customer support and delivers your new mattress directly to your door, removing your old mattress and packing materials.

• Warranty: It offers a 10-year warranty covering your mattress and flat foundation.

• Accessories: In addition to mattresses, it also offers Tempur-Pedic pillows and mattress covers.

• Best for: Tempur-Pedic mattresses are best for special needs and professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information