Tempur-Pedic

Compare Mattresses

Research top Mattresses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

A brand new Tempur-Pedic king cloud breeze mattress and box springs were purchased Nov/Dec 2016. We were severely impacted by Hurricane Harvey - complete loss of everything in the house. We had flood water enter the house and stay there for 24 hours. We had to be rescued from our home. We lost all furniture, appliances, clothes, and this nearly brand new mattress we are still paying for. Homeowners will not cover flood contents. FEMA will only cover 10K which does not even cover our appliances lost. Had to throw everything out due to mold, and it has been stolen by looters (photos to prove). An awful, devastating situation.

Called Tempur-Pedic last week and received positive feedback regarding their attempt to come up with a policy to assist us and was told to call back this week. I have called back and was told "This phone number (customer service) will be unable to assist you. Contact FEMA or the Red Cross or some other organization of the sort." No attempts to work with me, no attempts to try and help their customers who have lost their mattress. This does not fall under their warranty because it is not a manufacturer defect, rather an act of God.

I will never invest in a Tempur-Pedic mattress and will make sure all of us flood victims are aware of their lack of sympathy and assistance with this matter. All in all, after losing everything and having to pay thousands in FEMA deductibles, and FEMA being unable to assist with contents, I will have to continue to pay off a mattress that was ruined by an "act of God." This statement was confirmed by the customer service representative who directed me to contacting a relief agency rather than calling back Tempur-Pedic. Shame on you Tempur-Pedic.

I wake up with severe back pain every morning. Feels like I'm sleeping in a hole. They have denied my warranty claim. I bought the bed a year and half ago for about $3400.00. What a waste of money, now I have to buy another bed and get rid of this one. Very disappointing. I expected more, they should at least stand behind their product!

Purchased the Rhapsody Luxe Matt Split King adjustable base in 11/30/2016. Paid $7,242. At first we thought it would be great. My husband prefers a firm mattress. I went along for his comfort. I have since realized the heat it puts off keeps me awake. It only gives in the middle of the mattress. Getting out of the bed is like climbing out of a raft. I could stand all of it if it was cool while I slept. According to the company as long as I keep the room at 65-75 the mattress will be comfortable. That's a lie. I've purchased special sheets. I even purchased a $300 bed topper with cooling. That didn't work. When you hear people say they are hot believe them.

I wish someone had mentioned the heat and the fact that if you're a side sleeper don't get a firm Tempur-Pedic. In the past we had purchased a firm bed with a pillow too and it was fantastic. It takes way longer than 3 months to wear in a mattress long enough to see if it is going to work for the long term. I think they don't give you much time to exchange because it is a very expensive bed and they don't want the hassle of exchanging it. I was even willing to pay the difference. I was told there is nothing they will do. Now I know why Mattress Firm who sold the bed no longer does business with Tempur-Pedic. I now have to decide to stop paying on it to get rid of it or hope it sags enough to put a warranty claim in.

In 2010 we purchased what we thought would be the last mattress we would ever need since it had a 20-year warranty. After 6 years we began to notice that the mattress was sagging to the middle. That was when I really began looking at the warranty and realized that what you have to do to get your mattress repaired or replaced is absolutely RIDICULOUS AND LAUGHABLE! -- You have to jump through hoops that are almost insurmountable. It involves a broom stick and a quarter, of all things.

Our problem is that the mattress doesn't show the sag unless you are lying on the bed. When you get up off the bed the sag isn't visible. I have called Tempur-Pedic numerous times in the last month and have been told that someone would get back to me. First it was in 24-48 hours. Then it was within 3-5 days. I'm still waiting. After almost a month we realize that they probably don't intend to call us back. Please, before buying a Tempur-Pedic bed READ THE WARRANTY and how it must be applied. It is an eye-opener. I would never again spend the almost $4,000 for this brand. I could have purchased three less expensive mattresses for the price. Unfortunately, we are retired and on a fixed income so this bed will have to do for a long time. What a terrible investment we made! I think of it every night when I get into bed.

In Sept 2016 purchased the Tempur-Pedic mattress Contour Rhapsody Luxe King Size $3,799 from Havertys Furniture in Wesley Chapel. After 4 mos this mattress started to sag. I contacted them and they advised me that I had 3 mos to contact them if any problem and I would have to get in touch with Tempur-Pedic, in any event I talked them into sending a tech over to look at mattress. He put a string and a 1'' piece of ruler over mattress took a picture and left.

A few days later Havertys called and said I need to call Tempur-Pedic, after putting thru a claim and doing all the nonsense required to file this claim they said I would have to wait and try again in a few months. The space between the quarter and the broom handle wasn't sufficient enough to replace with a new mattress. I feel after only having this product for 4 mos at that time this should not have happened, I am going further. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE PURCHASING FROM THIS COMPANY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Has anyone else out there had increased health issues after having slept on the Tempur-Pedic mattress? The mattress sleeps incredibly "hot" even though we have the new technology made to wick away heat. I wake up hot, skin burns, and feel overall not well. What is this mattress made from that it needs to be "aired out" before use?

Don't buy a mattress from Tempur-Pedic! I bought one in 2003 had a 20 year warranty but in 2012 foam split in half. They replaced it with the mattress I have now, silly me never thought to take off the thick mattress cover till last month when I sold my bedroom furniture. Well under the cover was a real mess, torn netting that was over the foam, mold growing, when you touch the foam it rips apart and the topper was when we flipped it over it's full of stains looks like blood, so after 3 weeks of them giving me the runaround I got a call saying they would do me a favor and replace it again but I need to pay $1300! I said, "I don't think so." Don't buy a Tempur-Pedic. This mattress was used. No way it wasn't!

I purchased this Tempur-Pedic cloud bed in 2011 and have contacted Tempur-Pedic and provided all necessary documentation and photos to show that the bed now has an obvious sag. Tempur-Pedic purposes that their beds never have to be turned or flipped. When I am laying on my bed I lay at an obvious angle... my head is lower than my pelvis and feet... as shown in the photos I have submitted, as requested, by use of a quarter along a straight edge. The straight edge used happens to be a 6 ft level, which ALSO illustrates an obvious sag. In the same photo one can see light coming from under the straight edge. Again illustrating the sag. Tempur-Pedic response is as follows : "Failure to prove a valid warranty defect." This is not only unacceptable as I am within my warranty period for replacement but also fails advertising on their behalf. I am 100% DISsatisfied!

I recently purchased what we thought was going to be a great investment in sleeping. $3799.00. This bed was set up approximately 7 months ago, 2 weeks ago the air bladder on half of a king sized mattress failed. I have been sleeping in a punch bowl ever since. We contacted Tempur-Pedic. Was told a technician would be out in a few days (a week ago). Have not saw a technician. Called back 3 additional times and are getting nowhere with any kind of service or support! I am in the process of filing a complaint with the state attorney general, I am filing for arbitration, and filing for small claims to step in to make decisions that Tempur-Pedic is not stepping up and doing. All of the reviews I have read on this Consumer Affairs page I can relate to as these stories describe exactly what I am now going through. Please be Buyer Beware!! These are not being exaggerated at all.

We were told when we purchased our Sealy Tempur-Pedic mattress that Sealy would offer us a lifetime warranty (which is 10 years). We purchased the mattress from Mattress Firm for $2,800.00, and felt confident that they would honor the mattress in case it had any flaws that may arise. Needless to say after 2 years the mattress started to sag on one side.

We contacted Mattress Firm and they informed us that they no longer carry any more Sealy mattresses and apparently Mattress Firm was not happy with their product. I was told to contact Sealy directly, when I contacted them it was a call center. They would not give me a phone number to Sealy directly. I had to go through them, they set up an appointment for someone to come out and inspect my sagging mattress. When they showed up the man put a string across the bed and snapped a few pictures, which was a total joke. The only way you can see the sagging is to actually sit or lay down on the bed, which the hole sinks pretty far down, even the inspector agreed.

Well needless to say Sealy contacted me and told me that they would not honor the warranty because they could not see any sagging from the picture. I could not believe after owning this garbage of a mattress for 2 years and paying high dollar that they would not stand behind their product. Please don't make the same mistake as we did. Even Mattress Firm has had problems with warranties that is why they no longer carry their crappy mattresses. BEWARE!!!

I had to file a claim with the warranty department due to sagging of our 9 year old mattress. From the very first phone call I found the customer service specialists to be friendly, professional, and helpful. I received an email link to the warranty portal to file my claim. I followed the directions by sending photos of my original receipt and the mattress issues. Within 5 hours I received an email saying my claim had been approved and under the warranty I was receiving a new bed. I will buy Tempur-Pedic every time we need a mattress. The service we received was above and beyond anything I've ever experienced. We love our Tempurpedic and they've gained a customer for life.

I have purchased Tempur mattress and accessories in March 17. They assured to deliver within 15 days, but with repeated reminders, they have delivers in May except for protector. 'Till now no response.

I ordered a new $3250.00 mattress from Tempur-Pedic in May 2017. I placed my order directly from the company's online site. When the mattress was delivered, the foundation piece was obviously used. The cover was ripped and there were several marks and a couple of stains. The delivery driver said it looked to him like the piece was refurbished. He said he had delivered lots of mattresses and he could tell when they were not "new". The plastic cover had been opened and taped back up. When I contacted the company... after several LONG waits on hold, I was transferred to a supervisor who basically told me they NEVER sold used or returned mattress and either the delivery guys or I must have damaged it. What???

I even had pictures to prove the damage... he wasn't interested. No apologies or adjustments... but they would resend a new piece. (I am still waiting...) Eventually I called about the reship and about a $300 bonus offer I was supposed to receive with my mattress purchase. The agent told me she had a note in my account and that I would get the $300 accessory credit, to just call back and place the order whenever I was ready. I called back two days later... and after a 35 minute HOLD was told that I did not qualify for the offer. I'm done with this company. I will NEVER order from them again. DO NOT PURCHASE A MATTRESS FROM THIS COMPANY!

Worst bed ever. I have more aches and pains than I had before sleeping in the bed. Dealing with the company now. We paid 6 thousand dollars for this very uncomfortable bed. We are hoping to resolve this matter fast! I feel like I'm sleeping on a picket fence.

About 8 months ago I bought Tempur-Pedic Rhapsody. And it has given me nothing but pain and misaligned spine. This bed is not for everyone. In fact, since it was about $3800, it was a painful decision to get rid of it, at the insistence of my Chiropractor, the physiotherapist and my GP doctor, who attributed the worsening of my scoliosis and the neck injury to the bed. If you are 100 lbs and have small bones, this bed can feel like a rubber tire. It was putting pressure on pain points and not supporting the arches. Long story short, I have since changed to a traditional bed (Beautyrest Simms Legends in image below) with pillow top and have slept amazingly well and have seen immediate effects on decreasing soreness.

Purchased 2 of these mattresses back in 2015 and at first we were fine. Then after 8 months the pain started. I could not turn over in bed without grabbing the mattress as I felt paralysed. When rising from the bed I could not take my own body weight and needed the support of my bedroom furniture to get to the bathroom. The pain is in my hips, lower back and legs. For ages I could not understand what was happening until I Googled and found this review site. How sad and relieved I was to find out many people experiencing the same.

I contacted Tempur UK as that is where I live, and they told me my contract was with my retailer. They "investigated" and I was told there was nothing they could do so I enrolled the help of a Furniture Ombudsman but to no avail. No one wants to know, you are not telling me that so many have experienced the same without there being a problem. I now have to do exercises before rising and am seeing an Osteopath, every day I am in constant pain. Please, please, please do not purchase one of these expensive mattresses, you might be one of the few that is ok but it is a painful and pricey experience to find out and their warranty is not worth the paper it's written on.

Buyer beware. Tempur-Pedic agreed to replace our defective mattress after 8 1/2 years with a similar mattress. You are told to check out the replacement mattress to make sure you want it because the transaction is final. The warranty people talked up the idea of upgrading to another mattress which gives you a brand new warranty. What you aren't told is that if you upgrade and don't like the new mattress you have no recourse. Tempur-Pedic considers the upgrade as a warranty exchange which does not entitle you to an additional 90-day trial period. After 14 days of use and a $1,400 upgrade we are stuck with a mattress we don't like. Beware.

I spent approximately 10k on this set with a special pillow top cashmere covered supposedly removable. It came with a zipper but when reaching the pillow top I found it to be sewn tightly onto the cover and mattress. Never able to remove and wash. Sagged and smelled. I have increasingly experiencing health issues and found it exponentially worse when spending any significant time in my room... directly associated to my bedroom.

After 9 years of being unable to find any answers as to the false claim of removable cover... finally I resolved to ripping off and investigating what that cashmere cover was hiding. Keep in mind I had foul smells that repeated linen changing would not eliminate. I documented this task and photographed every step and reluctantly kept the cover as well as the top. Underneath was a breeding ground of wet and green fungal in appearance infestation through the entire top of the mattress. I am asking for help on a supposed claim of 25 year warranty. BTW they no longer make this fabulous king version of a 10k Petri dish. I will never get the lost days of ill health back or whatever permanent damage this has caused. I do feel that they should replace at the least... for a new mattress of our choice. Perhaps a Tempur-Pedic if they have improved in their product. However by the posts I have read... doesn’t seem likely. PLEASE HELP THE VICTIMS.

My husband and I purchased a CAL-King Rhapsody mattress in 2008. We are going through second claim process, as it has started to sag on both sides again. In the acceptance email, they give you current model that is similar, in FEEL, which they will deliver and set up for free. The only problem was that the mattress they selected was the cheapest and hardest! It was nothing like our current one. So Being that there was still a Rhapsody line, I called in asking to just switch to that one and as lady was putting order through, the phone call was "dropped." I called back and was told there was nothing going through and since there are no notes, they had no proof of this being done. Now the new rep was telling me that I got some bad information. I asked to be transferred to a manager and phone call was cut off- again! They hang up on their customers!

Four phone calls in, explaining my situation over and over was not only crazy making but made me so mad that they wouldn't do exchange with same mattress line! I was referred to escalation department who told me they had no power to get me the bed most equal to mine. I am better off keeping the one we have than going with horribly different and cheaper model! So I'm waiting for someone to call me back who can help... imagine that. Disgusting service for a disgusting and dishonest company with ill-trained representatives. We will probably end up with a regular mattress after this is said and done. What a waste of THOUSANDS of dollars!

I bought this mattress not knowing that it gives off formaldehyde and many other chemicals! I'm asthmatic. One week after that bed arrived I couldn't breathe, sinus asthma, migraine, burning eyes. Now my fiancé who has none complained of migraines, swollen throats and sinus pain so we knew something was wrong. Tempur-Pedic uses chemicals in their beds that will kill you. Google all the lawsuits and you will see!!

The bed was comfortable but even after three weeks they said the smell should be gone, not the case!! Got worse. Spoke to my doctor. He said, "Tempur-Pedic. OMG get rid of it." They are misleading in their disclosure!! Long and short let me explain. They are getting the bed out of here and bottom line is what I've learned is look for the label CertiPur-US, Simmons and other bed companies carry it. There are no chemicals that are high VOCS. Do your research please!!! Tempur-Pedic shame on you. I was told the astronauts couldn't have this in the shuttles because of the off gas. An informed consumer is the best.

Horrible customer service on warranty related issue. I bought my king sized Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe bed and adjustable base from Mattress Firm on New Years day 2 yrs ago. At the year mark, I noticed a split of the foam going across the bottom corner at about 24 inches from the distal angle of the bed. I called Mattress Firm and was directed to Tempur-Pedic. I was told that this bed had a 25 yr warranty. Because of that time frame... I did not rush for immediate resolution. So when I got the time, as it is quite lengthy to go thru the process, I completed the warranty process at the 2 yr mark. I bought this unit brand new in the box as a floor model for approx. $1900 and an additional $1400 for the adjustable base.

Now, trying to use the warranty and Tempur-Pedic is asking that I pay the full retail value of the original bed... another $2200 in order to get to use my original $1900 on the purchase of another mattress. This is beyond ridiculous... It's outrageous. Do not waste your time with these products. They are truly not worth it. You would do better getting a Costco membership and buying their best bed and save a couple, few thousands. I cannot tell you how frustrated I am with this situation. TEMPUR-PEDIC should stand behind their product... they don't.

Bought a $2400 mattress. It felt like crawling on wet cement starting to harden. I was never able to sleep on it. It hurt my back and hips. My husband tried it and over a 2 year period ended up going to the chiropractor several times for a sore shoulder. We finally figured out it was the bed. We would not wish this horrible mattress on anyone, so we ended up buying a Serta perfect sleeper and had them haul away that terrible Tempur-Pedic. No more shoulder problem or aches and pains. It was a total waste of money, plus it always had an unpleasant foam odor. Please do not buy a foam mattress - it is a scam and you will regret it. Serta and Beautyrest are the best and fairly priced, too.

I am trying to use my warranty to replace my Tempur-Pedic mattress as there are dips in the mattress. I have everything but the receipt. We purchased the mattress in either late 2006 or early 2007. At the time of purchase, there was a 20 year warranty. I registered my mattress on the Tempur-Pedic website, however, they have updated their system and I am no longer there. They told me that I need my receipt, which I no longer have. I paid with an American Express card. I called AmEx and they said they do not have any statements that I could get as they only go back 7 years. I was wondering if anyone else has had this same problem and what their resolution was.

I hate Tempur-Pedic. Worst CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! My wife and I bought a mattress 4 years ago, with a "lifetime" guarantee. The mattress cracked in half, yes you are reading correctly, cracked in half. They sent paperwork to have the mattress replaced with the most comparable mattress (they feel). A mattress that is much taller than my previous mattress. I called today to ask what could be done as I am NOT happy with this mattress. Mind you, we all know how much money these mattresses are, so I expected to have someone on the phone that wasn't rude or obnoxious. Well, the "manager/supervisor" named Shawn **, spoke to me like I was an idiot.

There is NO need for your managers/supervisors to speak to customers the way that this "floor" supervisor spoke to me. NONE. I paid a lot of money for this bed. I want a bed that is the same as my previous bed. If your product wasn't such crap, then perhaps I wouldn't have had to have a new mattress replaced! I expect someone to get back to me about this incident and expect something to be done. This is uncalled for, unprofessional and absolutely disgusting! I expect a phone call from someone with more authority than a floor manager named Shawn **. If this is how you allow your staff to conduct themselves, then it just proves what kind of quality product you actually have.

I had the 3000.00 dollar mattress and box spring and after 7 years the mattress started to sag on the edges very badly. Sent all the paperwork to Tempur for them to honor warranty. After many delays they refused to honor their warranty. Now stuck with a bed that sucks and a company that refuses to honor their warranty. Never buy Tempur-Pedic mattress or anything they sell.

I purchased my mattress and foundation back in 2009. Few years ago I started smelling an odd odor in my bedroom. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from until I checked my bed. I stripped my bed and checked the base foundation. There was mold on the top and underneath of the foundation. I was in complete shock. For many years my daughter and I have felt sick when we are in the house and I wonder if it's from sleeping on the Tempur-Pedic mattress. When we have gone on vacation our health seems to improve. I filed a claim with Tempur-Pedic and I am waiting to hear back. I put the foundation outside in the backyard and I am sleeping on the couch.

I bought a Tempur-Pedic bed after sleeping comfortably in my mother's bed. I had a cheap knockoff Tempur-Pedic, which caused terrible neck, back, hip pain. I thought that if I bought "the real thing", my aches & pains would go away. Well, I thought wrong. I let the 30 day trial period come & go hoping against all hope that it would get better. Well 5 years later I still wake up with daily neck/back/hip pain, after sleeping in what amounts to a hole. It is hard to turn and every time I do I get sharp shooting pains in my lower back. I also was "encouraged" to buy the horrible hot mattress cover that they tell you will void the warranty if you don't use it. What good is the "cooling" mattress when you have to wrap the thing in what's equivalent to a plastic bag?! With everyone's horror stories about dealing with Tempur-Pedic's customer service dept., I think I will just take the loss & buy a regular mattress. Hopefully I won't be paralyzed by then.

My dream was to have a Tempur-Pedic since I face problems with my back since my childhood. I didn't save any money to buy the mattress that was pointed to be the perfect fit for me. The experience is disappointing! I have been missing my old mattress for the last two years. Less than a year after getting the Tempur-Pedic Choice Luxe I had a problem with the mattress that controls firmness with air. I waited 2 weeks and made many calls to Tempur-Pedic to have it serviced properly. Now I got another problem and I am waiting again.

I called them and waited 2 weeks for the service company that couldn't fix it because they said Tempur-Pedic needed to send a different part for the mattress. Tempur-Pedic no longer offer this mattress, so the part is in back order and they didn't give me a time frame for waiting. Meanwhile I need to sleep on the floor!!! I called them many times and they only say, "Sorry! You will need to wait!". Really??? Tempur-Pedic never again!!!

I am a 63 yr old female who has furnished many multi-million dollar dwellings. NEVER in all my purchasing history have I experienced the slow, painful, nonexistent CUSTOMER NONSERVICE of Tempur-Pedic. This company operates with three goals: make everything as ridiculous as possible, NEVER follow-up any contact, pray the customer wanders off into the sunset because WE AIN'T DOIN NOTHIN'!

In the SIX months of my claim process, I truly needed **, whiskey or a vape pen to be able to deal with the insanity. We bought the bed (5,000$) because my husband was having a lower leg amputation and I needed a new hip soon after. Four months after purchase we traded sides and I was appalled at how I would SINK into a hammock-like depression and couldn't get out! I went back to Mattress Firm and was told that they are out of the loop.

Contacting Tempur-Pedic I started the undignified process of stripping the bed, holding a broomstick and quarter over an essentially new mattress and taking numerous pictures of the tags, etc. I kept telling the representative that there was nothing to see visually. You need to get on the bed to feel that it is defective. Six months, numerous phone calls, pictures, begging, crying, swearing, filling out forms... and today I finally have resolution! I will NEVER buy another Tempur-Pedic product. Be sure you know that they also make Serta and Sealy.

My son is project manager of an equity firm that just purchased 60 resorts. They will be buying 1,000's of mattresses over the next few years and you can be sure they will not come from the Tempur-Pedic brands. He watched (along with my husband and friends) as I dealt with this. I won't be shopping at Mattress Firm either. It is unconscionable to sell a product that you can't stand behind. BE FOREWARNED!

I'm not paid and I'm not a bot. I'm here to highly recommend their services and compliment their staff. Abide by their warranty rules and you will be just fine. Every customer (should) know when purchasing a product with a +10 year warranty you keep with YOUR paperwork. I provided my receipt, pictures and brief description of the problem (large inner sag) on a Thursday night through their website. I was approved the very next morning. The detailed email response was to the point and easy to understand. As a consumer we have responsibilities as well. Please do your part. This team was outstanding and courteous. Highly recommended.

Compare Mattresses