2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Tempur-Pedic is the original developer of memory foam mattresses. When you purchase from Tempur-Pedic or an authorized dealer, the warranty covers the mattress for 10 years, which is as long as traditional mattresses are typically expected to last. The Arthritis Foundation recommends Tempur-Pedic products based on evaluations by users, which makes the company a strong choice for those with joint pain.

BOTTOM LINE

Tempur-Pedic mattress options include cooling materials, pressure-relieving support and adjustable bases. Its mattresses cost more than many traditional brands, but they’re made with long-lasting, high-quality material.

PROS

• Good warranty
  • Risk-free sleep trial
  • Wide selection

CONS

• Might lose firmness over time
  • Heavy materials

Top Tempur-Pedic Reviews We Found

You can not compare the Tempur-Pedic to any other mattress. Yes, it's expensive but you can not put a price on a good night sleep. Mattress pad had an issue but was replaced without hesitation. ...There is no better mattress that I can recommend.

We've had our mattress for 6 years, it is like we've had it 6 months. It has held up excellent, no sunk-in areas, it is as firm as when it was new. There are no body pressure points with this mattress, you wake up feeling refreshed.

What is Tempur-Pedic?

Tempur-Pedic sells mattresses constructed with several layers of memory foam and hybrid mattresses that combine innersprings with memory foam. Tempur-Pedic owns the original formula of memory foam developed for a NASA contract. A Tempur-Pedic mattress uses memory foam (viscoelastic polyurethane foam) in place of traditional mattress filler.

Consumers can choose among a range of firmness levels for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Features and options include reduced motion transfer, cool-to-touch materials, pressure relief support and adjustable bases. Tempur-Pedic mattresses come in sizes from twin (and XL twin for dorm rooms) to California king.

Tempur-Pedic mattress models

You can choose from four types of Tempur-Pedic mattresses. Each type has customizable options.

• Tempur-Adapt: Starting at $2,199 for a queen-size mattress, the Tempur-Adapt collection is Tempur-Pedic’s most affordable line. It’s available in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress. This model features knit technology that feels cool to the touch and a Tempur-ES layer designed for extra support. The mattress comes in all sizes, including split king and split California king.
    • Tempur-ProAdapt: Starting at $2,999 for a queen, Tempur-ProAdapt offers advanced pressure relief for deep relaxation. Firmness levels for the memory foam mattresses range from soft to firm, and a hybrid mattress is available in medium firmness. The SmartClimate dual cover system features a zip-off outer layer for easy cleaning. It includes a comfort layer and a Tempur-APR support layer.
    • Tempur-LuxeAdapt: Prices for a queen-size Tempur-LuxeAdapt start at $3,699. This collection features a zip-off cover, Tempur-APR support layer and Tempur-ES comfort layer. The LuxeAdapt mattress offers maximum pressure relief and motion cancellation.
    • Tempur-Breeze: Prices start at $3,999 for a queen-size mattress. The Tempur-Breeze collection features PRObreeze or LUXEbreeze options designed to promote extreme breathability and surface cooling. PRObreeze keeps you 3 degrees cooler during sleep and LUXEbreeze makes it 8 degrees cooler. The PRO comes in medium firmness as a memory foam or hybrid mattress, and the LUXE comes in soft or firm models.

Tempur-Pedic mattress prices

The cost of a Tempur-Pedic mattress ranges from about $2,000 to $4,000 for a queen-size model. All of the company’s mattresses come with a 90-day risk-free trial and free white-glove delivery. Financing options start at $59 per month for qualified customers. The Tempur-Pedic mattress warranty lasts 10 years when you purchase from the company or an authorized dealer.

Tempur-AdaptTempur-ProAdaptTempur-LuxeAdaptTempur-Breeze
    Twin$1,699$2,499$3,199$3,499
    Double$2,049$2,849N/A$3,849
    Queen$2,199$2,999$3,699$3,999
    King$2,899$3,699$4,399$4,699
    Split king$3,398$4,998$6,398$6,998

Tempur-Pedic FAQ

How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress cost?
    The starting price for a queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress purchased directly from the company is around $2,100. The top-of-the-line LUXEbreeze split king costs $8,398.
    How long does a Tempur-Pedic mattress last?
    The warranty on a Tempur-Pedic mattress lasts 10 years. Tempur-Pedic uses a proprietary formula for high-density foam that typically lasts longer than other low-density memory foam mattresses, which can wear out after about three years. Body weight, frequency of use and materials also affect durability.
    How much does a Tempur-Pedic mattress weigh?
    A standard queen-size Tempur-Pedic mattress weighs 96 pounds. Because of the high-density foam used in construction, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are heavier than traditional innerspring mattresses.
    Is Tempur-Pedic memory foam?
    Yes, Tempur-Pedic makes memory foam mattresses. Tempur-Pedic uses high-density viscoelastic polyurethane foam, also called memory foam, that restores its shape after being condensed.
    Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses soften up?
    When you first get a Tempur-Pedic mattress, it might feel firmer than expected. The cells in the foam begin to open the more you sleep on it, adjusting to your weight for a softer feel. The warranty does not cover what the company refers to as a “normal increase in softness.”
    Do Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames?
    Yes, Tempur-Pedic mattresses need special bed frames. Because they are heavier, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are not properly supported by bed frames designed for a traditional innerspring mattress. Tempur-Pedic mattresses should not be placed on top of a box spring.
    Where is Tempur-Pedic made?
    Tempur-Pedic mattresses are made in the United States. The company has several manufacturing plants in the country.
    Who sells Tempur-Pedic mattresses?
    Tempur-Pedic mattresses are sold directly from the company in stores or online. You can also visit or order online from authorized dealers, including some chiropractors.

Is Tempur-Pedic worth it?

Tempur-Pedic offers an extensive selection of mattress models and firmness levels to suit almost anyone. Its customers are generally satisfied with the comfort of their mattresses and the life span of the product. Some customers reported difficulty getting warranty service or returning the mattresses within the 90-day trial period, however.

Tempur-Pedic Reviews

Original review: May 14, 2020

The Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed may be expensive but well worth it. I can adjust it to my comfort level. I never have pressure points or aches in the morning. We purchased it during a promotion. The financing was zero interest over 4 years. They delivered and set it up along with instructions. We have now paid it off and never had any problem with the finance people. Even though we have had it for 4 years it is as if it's brand new. I am a large lady and it is not breaking down under my weight. I love our bed?

Original review: May 13, 2020

Tempur-Pedic is, hands down, the best mattress company we have ever done business with. The entire experience, from our initial inquiries during the shopping and comparing phase, all the way through to the delivery and set up, has been fantastic. The associates at Tempur-Pedic absolutely mean it when they say they are invested in your experience with them, taking the time to make sure we were completely comfortable with every decision we made. We are looking forward to dealing with them again when it's time to furnish our guest house, and we highly recommend Tempur-Pedic, with full confidence, to anyone who is in the market for a new, high quality mattress from a reputable company.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Very expensive split King with lots of bells and whistles. The adjustable head and feet functions very well and as a Godsend for recuperating from surgeries both husband wife. We can independently control each side of the bed and it is very comfortable providing a good nights rest for the entire family (our 2 Welsh Terriers just love the comfort). Very sturdy framing albeit very heavy to move. Now we are retired on fixed income and hope it will last the rest of our lives. Have had for at least 8 years with no issues. The massage built in is also a nice perk!!

Original review: May 3, 2020

I do not own my own but I have slept on one and am doing my review based on my experiences. I suffer from Adult TCS and it was a miracle to have slept on this mattress. Being on a fixed income it is only a dream to own one myself at this time. I have researched this product. The warranty seems legit. The prices seem fair although out of my league currently. Based on my experience I would highly recommended this mattress for anyone who suffers and back issues.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I sleep better than I have ever slept in my life, it take a little to get use to it, I also bought the king pillows but I like the queen size better because they are more solid than the kings. I have a Tempur-Pedic king and queen size mattress of the top of the line Cloud Breeze Soft. I do not like the company and the employee and management. They are rude, do not back up the merchandise and will find any way to get out of any returns or problems that arise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: May 20, 2020

I made the mistake of buying my mattress, closeout with no returns. But the reviews were stellar, and as a frequent traveler I have never really had issues with mattresses. This mattress is labeled as soft/medium but it is truly hard as a rock. I have started taking melatonin so I can fall asleep. It has no sink, and as a side sleeper the only way I can fall asleep is with the melatonin and on my stomach-it is destroying me neck. Most the day I feel sore like I had a workout, but it is from sleeping on this stiff board. The only good thing is that is does stay cool. Oh-their suggestion was to sleep in a bedroom that is 75 degrees! Hello I bought the cool mattress because I am a sweaty sleeper as is. By the way, turning the heat up didn't help.

I will never buy Tempur Pedic again. My spring mattrees with a pillow top was infinitely more comfortable and much cheaper. They told me it would be 1 week to a month to break in, but it has been 2 months and it is as stiff as ever. Have never been on a worse mattress in my life, and my career has me traveling and staying in hotels one week every month.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I got this Tempur-Pedic Mattress in the winter. It felt firm enough for me. However, in the spring/summer the foam became so soft that only my hips would sink deep into the mattress. I then developed sciatica and other hip and lower spinal issues. I was in constant severe pain. My back only got better when I switched to a spring mattress. I lost $3000 because tempurpedic refused to take it back or exchange it for me.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Is a great mattress. It feels good when you lay on it helps my back but l need a Sleep Number bed that has heat. Please send me that bed. What I say lay in my bed You will feel like a new person with wings on. The best bed. You’ll like it.

Original review: May 10, 2020

Tempurpedic Cool Breeze queen. Owned three years now. Slept good till now. Bed sags! Rotate as warranty states, still major sag. Liked very much in the beginning however, a lot of money upfront! Sleeping on a 90 day warranty does not do justice. Loved the bed first year and then, until my third year. Expected for the $000 I paid out to last much longer before issues began. I thought I was buying the top of the line. Today, I hug the sides!

Started looking around. The Cloud offers 365 day warranty, no questions asked. Just what I read! Now my neck aches unlike before. Maybe overall, manufacturers just don’t make beds like they did in the day due to costs etc. I used to own a Boss Bed, wish I never gave it away! Slept the best than ever Before. Hybrid! Considering buying another. We all sleep different and yet, we shouldn’t have to accept poor quality. Think real hard about buying a Tempur! Lots of money to fork out to lose in the end! Lots of people really enjoy the Tempur. Just Not For Me!!!

Original review: May 9, 2020

I bought the Tempur-Pedic deluxe base and mattress approx 3 years ago from a local mattress store. The adjustable base with massage is excellent and works very well however this review is for the mattress. I really wanted this mattress to help me, truly I did but the pain that I have is terrible! I am a healthcare professional and sleep is vital for functioning at your highest level. This truly did not work for me and I now have to purchase another mattress after only three years. It is very disappointing this mattress has a long warranty so I am hopeful that Tempur-Pedic will refund at least a portion of my money.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information