2.58/5
Based on 66 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a good mattress?

516 Tempur-Pedic Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

Don't buy any Tempur-Pedic products. Very upset on purchase Rhapsody Luxe mattress. All these products are just well advertised for those who think it is the best because it cost so much. It was my first and last purchase from this website. Very disappointed. Worst customer service ever.

Original review: June 13, 2018

On May 7th I placed my order to receive my electric Bed frame from Tempur-Pedic website, I paid $1,966.40 that I purchased for my Mother's day as a gift. Right now I writing this on June 12th while I'm on the phone with Tempur-Pedic asking me where is the bed, it was supposed to be shipped by now, and after being on the phone for 45 minutes, they're telling me, "Oh we have to investigate because your order is closed and delivered", and I'm like I don't see a bed in our house. Anyways poor customer care, I have again paid about $1,966.40 and still don't have a bed frame for my mom. Disappointed is an understatement. I have bought another mattress from a much better competitor company and got it delivered a week after, never ever I will buy anything from Tempur-Pedic or anywhere that sells Tempur-Pedic.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2018

When we bought this mattress it was great but over time as the memory foam started molding to our body you're pretty much stuck in that position now because it's now molded to that position. Also you can't flip it over so once it's broken down (which only took 2 years) it's done, and for the cost of this mattress is ridiculous.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The mattress we wanted and tried in the store was a "Firm". But the one we got was like sleeping on a marshmallow with a hump in the middle. The store replaced it once and it was the same as the first one. Contacted Tempur-Pedic and got nowhere. Extreme waste of money!

Original review: June 7, 2018

After I broke my back, conventional coil-spring mattresses just did not fill the bill. I tried 'Pillow-Top Mattresses' and they did not provide the support, yet comfort that I needed. I tried the Tempur-Pedic mattress and found that it was comfortable, yet fully supported my body and injured back. The memory foam mattress molded itself to my body shape and cradled the injured lower back to allow me to gain a full-night's sleep with very little if any discomfort. I have owned this mattress now for 10-years and it still does what it is supposed to do. A great mattress, just very pricey!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: June 6, 2018

Very dissatisfied with Tempur-Pedic Cloud Breeze, we have owned for 2 1/2 Years. It’s overpriced, unable to remove stains, cooling component stay cool, doesn’t last. Not worth extra money. I like my sheets to fit tight, however regular king sheets don’t. Suppose support 350 pounds, my husband weighs 270 and his side is sagging.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I bought our Contour Elite Breeze King mattress in April 2017. It’s now June 4, 2018. I’ve been stressed the last couple of weeks but wasn’t thinking it was our bed that is killing my back until now! It feels like we have a hump in the middle and I’m so sore I can barely move the last few days. I don’t know what’s going on! We were on vacation last month and I slept great in the hotel bed! I haven’t even begun the process of trying to warranty the bed, makes me think now it is just an awful bed! It’s really upsetting to spend this much on a mattress and I have to keep going into the spare room to sleep on the old guest room mattress!

Original review: June 5, 2018

The best mattress I have ever owned. I recommend this to all my friends, and will never settle for less. It was pricier than other mattresses, but fully worth the money.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I bought this mattress to replace a Select Comfort, after a month it was replaced because the mattress developed a large depression at the hips that made the mattress uncomfortable, after 6 months with a new mattress the same depression developed. For the money you pay for a Tempur-Pedic the mattress should hold up for years not months. Not the best night sleep you will ever have, but not the worst, I do not think the mattress is worth the money, premium prices for an average mattress.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Have been very pleased with our Tempur-Pedic mattress. Have had it about 6 years. The comfort is extremely good. The firmness is excellent. The only downside is the overall weight of the mattress; it is difficult to change the bedding.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We have had this mattress for about 15 years and it is the most comfortable and durable mattress we have had in our 44 years of marriage. It is though too hot in the summer months.

Original review: June 2, 2018

This is my second mattress that I received when my previous one didn’t last through warranty period. It’s ok, but for the cost, won’t buy another one.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Had the Tempur-Pedic mattress 6 months and already the mattress has sagged and has huge divots in it. We owned an original one which took 4 -5 years to wear as much.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Tempur-Pedic is hard and hot, hard on your back and on your hips. Thought this mattress would be great but it is the opposite of what we thought it would be. Kept thinking it would soften up with time but it seems to be getting harder!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've slept on this mattress for over 12 years and it's held up wonderfully and I've always been satisfied. And that's coming from someone with a bad back!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I've had back problems for years. My back ached on any mattress we ever had until we bought the Tempur-Pedic. I don't ache in bed and I don't ache getting out of bed. I am so grateful. We bought one for our camper also.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We purchased our Tempur-Pedic almost 2 years ago, 6 months before I had to have hip replacement. It was a Godsend. Sleep comes easily and it looks and feels like new. We loved and still love it.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Product has a great quality, but price still too high. I will be using their warranty now for a new claim I have. Hopefully everything will be fine.

Original review: May 27, 2018

4 back surgeries later, I finally have the mattress of my dreams. I sleep solid. There are no pressure points. It is a rarity for me to wake up during the sleep cycle. I don't want to leave home without it.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Every night is like a dream, cool, comfortable, no rock and roll from my partner (unless we want it), easy to clean cover. 15 years into the 20 year warranty, we liked it so much we bought our son 1.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have a king Tempur-Pedic, it lets me fall asleep easily. The best and easy on my back, side or stomach. Comfortable when it's hot or cold, cool and good buy.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have had this mattress for over four years without any sign of wear. When I laid on this bed for the first time, I felt wonderful sensations down my legs.

Original review: May 24, 2018

It is sagging on the side I sleep on, I sleep alone. I would not buy it again, it is nothing special. I thought I was splurging to get the best, wrong. They got the best, I paid a lot more than it is worth. Adjustable frame nothing special either.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My Tempur-Pedic classic is very comfortable, my large cat no longer bounced me almost off the bed when jumping from high surfaces onto bed. Bed is sometimes a bit warm, sometimes change positions to a cooler spot.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Bought our bed a few years ago. Oh my gosh... Where were these reviews before? I'm in constant pain! Don't have receipt to get new mattress, but I'd never, EVER buy a Tempurpedic again! It has ruined my back and my neck. I don't sleep but for a couple hours a night unless I'm exhausted due to lack of sleep. If you're thinking about Tempurpedic... Run! It doesn't not hold its form or return to its form. There's a divot where your body has been... And it stays there! Then, as somebody else has mentioned, you have to try to literally crawl out of that divot (hole) to get to another place on the mattress or get out of bed for that matter. I'm going to have to spend more money for a new mattress... I think gonna go back to Sleep Number. At least my back held up with that mattress.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Cloud Supreme Breeze - The complete underside of the mattress was covered in mold after about 6 months of owning it. It was a nightmare to get it swapped but we finally did. Now dealing with the same problem and the company says it's my problem and not a covered warranty issue. After spending $6000 for a bed you expect better products and customer service.

Resolution response: May 14, 2018

Tempur-Pedic has reversed itself and decided to honor its warranty. It replaced our mattress with a new one. It was just delivered. I am now satisfied with my experience

Original review: May 2, 2018

Tempur-Pedic in our case is not standing by its mattress or its warranty. After spending about $8,000 on a mattress and an automatic bed, I feel duped. The mattress should not have such deep crevices on either side and a lump in the middle after just a few years of use. The right side frame should not have cracked and broken. Yet it has. Tempur-Pedic replaced the cracked frame, after weeks of back-and-forth negotiations and complaints. But, after their own technician confirmed that the mattress needs replacing and assuring us it would be replaced, we were just told that Tempur-Pedic denied our claim. My husband and I both have back problems after this mattress. Consumers should know about Tempur-Pedic's claims record before buying.

Original review: April 30, 2018

3 days after purchasing the Tempurpedic "Grand" bed, I experienced pain where my right arm connects at the shoulder. After some research, it turns out other people have this exact problem. If you are experiencing pain, flip the mattress over so the thick foam is on top and add a 2-3" gel topper. Please note: The Grand Bed originally MSRP for $10,000 and I had to add a $160 topper to make it bearable. I think sleeping on 10,000 one dollar bills would've been more comfortable.

Original review: April 25, 2018

It is with absolute disgust that I am posting this -- but I have no recourse. 4 years ago, I invested in a Tempur-Pedic mattress. 2 years ago, I found MOLD growing on the bottom of the mattress and filed a claim with the company. I wanted a refund, but they said they would only provide a replacement bed. They told me it was an environmental issue (considering Corvallis' weather) and that I needed to encase the entire new mattress in a protective sheet - as opposed to the mattress protector that covers just the top to protect against this happening. I did that. But guess what I found yesterday - Black mold growing INSIDE the mattress and pushing its way out of the protective encasing. Now let me be clear: there is no mold on the outside of the mattress protector, no mold on the foundations, no mold on the top of the mattress - the mold is AGAIN on the bottom of the mattress.

I filed a claim - and it was denied as "mold is considered an environmental issue". Again, there is no mold on the foundation of this bed and NO MOLD on any other mattress in this house. ONLY on the bottom of the very expensive Tempur-Pedic. I wrote to them on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TempurPedic/) - and they blocked me. They sent my further complaints to a "higher department" who wrote back to report they decline my claim because they already replaced the bed once and mold doesn't fall under the warranty (the mattress has a 25 year warranty). That said, upon closer inspection - mold in Tempur-Pedic mattresses is a common problem with their mattresses. I have found complaint after complaint, videos, pictures, and blogs that talk about this issue - yet the company still does nothing about their poor product.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I purchased this item (Cloud Supreme Breeze 2.0 MATT KING PRIME) on 04/09/2016. I paid $5041.71 in full. After one year and 20 days, I felt some pain on my right side of my butt and sore hip on both sides when I get out of my bed. My husband has both upper shoulder pain where his arm meets his shoulder. This pain persists in the morning and doesn't go away for a while. After we wake up in the morning, the problem occurs again. Since we got married, we have never experienced this problem. The last couple months, she is sleeping on the floor mattress. I requested a warranty claim on 05/29/2017 and followed all the instructions indicated on the form. They didn't replace our mattress even though the warranty is still in effect until 2026. I called in on 04/16/2018 and wants me to fill another warranty claim and I will do it. I am very disappointed that the mattress wasn't replaced.

Tempur-Pedic expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Tempur-Pedic makes its own specialized brand of memory foam beds that adapt to your specific shape, weight and temperature to help you get a good night's sleep.

• Variety: Tempur-Pedic offers a wide variety of bed styles depending on your needs, including Tempur-Cloud, Tempur-Contour, Tempur-Choice, Tempur-Breeze and Tempur-Weightless.

• Materials: The Tempur-Breeze has cooling technology and an ultra-breathable design to keep you cool, which can improve the quality of sleep you get.

• Support: It offers excellent customer support and delivers your new mattress directly to your door, removing your old mattress and packing materials.

• Warranty: It offers a 10-year warranty covering your mattress and flat foundation.

• Accessories: In addition to mattresses, it also offers Tempur-Pedic pillows and mattress covers.

• Best for: Tempur-Pedic mattresses are best for special needs and professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
    Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information