1.73/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Need a good mattress?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 11, 2017

472 Tempur-Pedic Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The mattress is now 5 years old (Cloud Supreme King) with a lot of warranty left. Last year I notice it start softening up... However in the middle of the bed it was firm. My morning backaches returned. I called the warranty for Tempur-Pedic and they would not cover it softening up.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

We bought our Tempur-Pedic RHAPSODY BREEZE MATTRESS, June 2015. This is the most uncomfortable $6,500.00 mistake I have ever in my life made. My Hardwood floors & couch are more comfortable than mattress. I hate & dread when it is BEDTIME cause I have to try & sleep on the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever in my life tried to sleep on.

When I go on vacation It's pretty bad that we sleep better In Hotel/Condo Bed, can get right out of bed feeling good, then when we go home from vacation, we have to sleep on our want to be MATTRESS, it's very depressing. We have to sit on edge of bed in the mornings for a min. or so and try to get our bodies moving, we are very active, but find it very hard to get moving after a horrible nights (so called rest). I wouldn't waste your money on these expensive mattress, they're not what it's cracked up to be. My 20 plus year old mattress was 100% comfortable than well... VERY UNHAPPY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

We purchased a Contour Rhapsody mattress 2 years ago. It is so bad, we sleep on the couch. It failed almost immediately after we bought it. After several attempts to obtain warranty service, we gave up. We kept getting referred back and forth between the retail outlet and Tempur-Pedic, with neither one accepting responsibility. Product quality and customer service are abysmal.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I first bought my Tempur-Pedic 17 years ago because a pillow top bed we had recently bought was hurting my neck and mid back. I called Tempur-Pedic within the first few days because I hurt worse than I had on the pillow top mattress. They said to give it two weeks, so I did. I slept deeply than I ever had before BUT with intense neck/shoulder/back pain. I began seeing a chiropractor regularly, changed pillows every 2-3 months, but nothing helped. I have seen doctors throughout the years about the pain, had many blood tests run, all to be told there was nothing wrong with me.

In recent years I thought it was related to my blood sugar, so I cut out sugar. That didn't change anything. In the last 9 years, I have battled pain in my veins, skin soreness, and could barely walk the first few minutes of rising each morning and had hip-joint pain and pain in my knees and feet. I began to think there was some disease in my body that no one could find. I have lost weight to see if that would help. No.

About a month ago, we bought a new bed for my daughter and decided to try a pillow top bed again for ourselves. I hurt worse on that bed, but we could not take it back because of a liquidation sale with no returns. I began sleeping on my daughter's regular, no-frills bamboo mattress with a 2-inch foam topper and slept much better with decreasing neck and back pain. Last night I slept on the Tempur-Pedic again just to see if this 17-year-long experiment proved accurate, and I rose barely able to walk, with skin soreness and pain from neck to tailbone and hip-joint pain. Now to shop for another bed. Again. Frustrated!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I received my replacement bed today after filing for a warranty claim. The hardest part of filing was getting my pictures to them in email. Within days I had my answer they were replacing my mattress and foundation. I had to either choose the mattress that was comparable to my old one or if I chose to get something more expensive I could do that subtracting the original purchase price. We chose the comparable one they offered and it was delivered a week later. Absolutely no problems along the way at all. I was never expecting this whole process to go as smoothly as it did after reading all of the reviews, but was so pleasantly surprised it did. They even threw in two Tempur-Pedic pillows! Very happy customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

100% the best mattress on market. The new Breeze bed I have is the only mattress I've ever had that keeps me cool throughout the entire night. My habitual sweating is gone, I don't even sweat in bed anymore. I'd never trade mine for anything!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I don't know for 100% certain... but it seems like the Tempur-Pedic I bought 10 months ago is making me not feel well when I'm around it. It's taking me many months to figure this out. I only feel bad when I'm in my room… and I ruled out every other environmental thing it could be… a smell is emitted from the mattress. I wouldn't try using them or anything because you can't go against the chemical lobby... but I would like to know for 100% certain if it’s the mattress by hearing from others with similar problems. I'm in the process of getting rid of it and getting a mattress made from all natural materials. I do feel bad it’s taken me this long to figure out the mattress was the causes. I feel fine while traveling, I feel fine sleeping in my other room that has a different kind of bed. Anyway... please let me know if you are having health problems from the polyurethane foam or whatever other chemicals they may put in it.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We paid $12,000 for a mattress that sinks in the middle after 60 days! This was a sleep test and now not able to get our money back through MORE FURNITURE! If you buy an adjustable bed for thousands more it voids your bed warranty. If it is a comfort issue there is no warranty! What a scam. Looking at a class action with all these complaints!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I purchased a Tempur-Pedic mattress 2 years ago and I'm still paying on it. I paid a little over $3,000.00 and I still owe $1,200.00. I had back surgery in May 2017 and was hoping this would change things since my back hurt no matter what I did. The bed killed my back from 2015 to present and since my surgery the only thing that makes my back hurt is this bed. This was the worst $3,000.00 investment I have ever made. I would never recommend this bed to anyone.

I would love to throw it in the trash. I can assure you I put my California King back in my room which is a Serta and I am sleeping like a baby with no issues. My suggestion, do not waste your money. Spend $1,200.00 on a true mattress and invest the rest. Tempur-pedic are crooks and offer the 3 month, but trust me. You don't find out until about month 4 and by month 6 the mattress has an indentation from where you sleep. I plan on speaking poorly about this company for the remainder of my days. The best thing they could do is refund my money, but we know this will never happen so take my word. It's not a good bed. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I first purchased the bed online and it was supposed to be a King Bed. They delivered a queen. They then after 10 days brought a King bed which within 2 weeks of sleeping on it bunched up in the middle. They honored the sale and then brought me a Queen. The bed is awful, it feels like you are lying downhill sideways, I called and complained and was told to walk on the mattress and it would settle down. It did not. So I called them to return and they told me my last sale was final. Wow. So the so called 10 year warranty is bs. I’ve since contacted the bank that I am financed thru and was told the sale is final and there is nothing they can do. Seriously on a $3500.00 dollar mattress. Not paying another dime. Don’t buy Tempur-Pedic. Now my credit is ruined.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

A brand new Tempur-Pedic king cloud breeze mattress and box springs were purchased Nov/Dec 2016. We were severely impacted by Hurricane Harvey - complete loss of everything in the house. We had flood water enter the house and stay there for 24 hours. We had to be rescued from our home. We lost all furniture, appliances, clothes, and this nearly brand new mattress we are still paying for. Homeowners will not cover flood contents. FEMA will only cover 10K which does not even cover our appliances lost. Had to throw everything out due to mold, and it has been stolen by looters (photos to prove). An awful, devastating situation.

Called Tempur-Pedic last week and received positive feedback regarding their attempt to come up with a policy to assist us and was told to call back this week. I have called back and was told "This phone number (customer service) will be unable to assist you. Contact FEMA or the Red Cross or some other organization of the sort." No attempts to work with me, no attempts to try and help their customers who have lost their mattress. This does not fall under their warranty because it is not a manufacturer defect, rather an act of God.

I will never invest in a Tempur-Pedic mattress and will make sure all of us flood victims are aware of their lack of sympathy and assistance with this matter. All in all, after losing everything and having to pay thousands in FEMA deductibles, and FEMA being unable to assist with contents, I will have to continue to pay off a mattress that was ruined by an "act of God." This statement was confirmed by the customer service representative who directed me to contacting a relief agency rather than calling back Tempur-Pedic. Shame on you Tempur-Pedic.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I wake up with severe back pain every morning. Feels like I'm sleeping in a hole. They have denied my warranty claim. I bought the bed a year and half ago for about $3400.00. What a waste of money, now I have to buy another bed and get rid of this one. Very disappointing. I expected more, they should at least stand behind their product!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Purchased the Rhapsody Luxe Matt Split King adjustable base in 11/30/2016. Paid $7,242. At first we thought it would be great. My husband prefers a firm mattress. I went along for his comfort. I have since realized the heat it puts off keeps me awake. It only gives in the middle of the mattress. Getting out of the bed is like climbing out of a raft. I could stand all of it if it was cool while I slept. According to the company as long as I keep the room at 65-75 the mattress will be comfortable. That's a lie. I've purchased special sheets. I even purchased a $300 bed topper with cooling. That didn't work. When you hear people say they are hot believe them.

I wish someone had mentioned the heat and the fact that if you're a side sleeper don't get a firm Tempur-Pedic. In the past we had purchased a firm bed with a pillow too and it was fantastic. It takes way longer than 3 months to wear in a mattress long enough to see if it is going to work for the long term. I think they don't give you much time to exchange because it is a very expensive bed and they don't want the hassle of exchanging it. I was even willing to pay the difference. I was told there is nothing they will do. Now I know why Mattress Firm who sold the bed no longer does business with Tempur-Pedic. I now have to decide to stop paying on it to get rid of it or hope it sags enough to put a warranty claim in.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

In 2010 we purchased what we thought would be the last mattress we would ever need since it had a 20-year warranty. After 6 years we began to notice that the mattress was sagging to the middle. That was when I really began looking at the warranty and realized that what you have to do to get your mattress repaired or replaced is absolutely RIDICULOUS AND LAUGHABLE! -- You have to jump through hoops that are almost insurmountable. It involves a broom stick and a quarter, of all things.

Our problem is that the mattress doesn't show the sag unless you are lying on the bed. When you get up off the bed the sag isn't visible. I have called Tempur-Pedic numerous times in the last month and have been told that someone would get back to me. First it was in 24-48 hours. Then it was within 3-5 days. I'm still waiting. After almost a month we realize that they probably don't intend to call us back. Please, before buying a Tempur-Pedic bed READ THE WARRANTY and how it must be applied. It is an eye-opener. I would never again spend the almost $4,000 for this brand. I could have purchased three less expensive mattresses for the price. Unfortunately, we are retired and on a fixed income so this bed will have to do for a long time. What a terrible investment we made! I think of it every night when I get into bed.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

In Sept 2016 purchased the Tempur-Pedic mattress Contour Rhapsody Luxe King Size $3,799 from Havertys Furniture in Wesley Chapel. After 4 mos this mattress started to sag. I contacted them and they advised me that I had 3 mos to contact them if any problem and I would have to get in touch with Tempur-Pedic, in any event I talked them into sending a tech over to look at mattress. He put a string and a 1'' piece of ruler over mattress took a picture and left.

A few days later Havertys called and said I need to call Tempur-Pedic, after putting thru a claim and doing all the nonsense required to file this claim they said I would have to wait and try again in a few months. The space between the quarter and the broom handle wasn't sufficient enough to replace with a new mattress. I feel after only having this product for 4 mos at that time this should not have happened, I am going further. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE PURCHASING FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Has anyone else out there had increased health issues after having slept on the Tempur-Pedic mattress? The mattress sleeps incredibly "hot" even though we have the new technology made to wick away heat. I wake up hot, skin burns, and feel overall not well. What is this mattress made from that it needs to be "aired out" before use?

Original review: July 27, 2017

Don't buy a mattress from Tempur-Pedic! I bought one in 2003 had a 20 year warranty but in 2012 foam split in half. They replaced it with the mattress I have now, silly me never thought to take off the thick mattress cover till last month when I sold my bedroom furniture. Well under the cover was a real mess, torn netting that was over the foam, mold growing, when you touch the foam it rips apart and the topper was when we flipped it over it's full of stains looks like blood, so after 3 weeks of them giving me the runaround I got a call saying they would do me a favor and replace it again but I need to pay $1300! I said, "I don't think so." Don't buy a Tempur-Pedic. This mattress was used. No way it wasn't!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I purchased this Tempur-Pedic cloud bed in 2011 and have contacted Tempur-Pedic and provided all necessary documentation and photos to show that the bed now has an obvious sag. Tempur-Pedic purposes that their beds never have to be turned or flipped. When I am laying on my bed I lay at an obvious angle... my head is lower than my pelvis and feet... as shown in the photos I have submitted, as requested, by use of a quarter along a straight edge. The straight edge used happens to be a 6 ft level, which ALSO illustrates an obvious sag. In the same photo one can see light coming from under the straight edge. Again illustrating the sag. Tempur-Pedic response is as follows : "Failure to prove a valid warranty defect." This is not only unacceptable as I am within my warranty period for replacement but also fails advertising on their behalf. I am 100% DISsatisfied!

Original review: July 25, 2017

I recently purchased what we thought was going to be a great investment in sleeping. $3799.00. This bed was set up approximately 7 months ago, 2 weeks ago the air bladder on half of a king sized mattress failed. I have been sleeping in a punch bowl ever since. We contacted Tempur-Pedic. Was told a technician would be out in a few days (a week ago). Have not saw a technician. Called back 3 additional times and are getting nowhere with any kind of service or support! I am in the process of filing a complaint with the state attorney general, I am filing for arbitration, and filing for small claims to step in to make decisions that Tempur-Pedic is not stepping up and doing. All of the reviews I have read on this Consumer Affairs page I can relate to as these stories describe exactly what I am now going through. Please be Buyer Beware!! These are not being exaggerated at all.

Original review: July 22, 2017

We were told when we purchased our Sealy Tempur-Pedic mattress that Sealy would offer us a lifetime warranty (which is 10 years). We purchased the mattress from Mattress Firm for $2,800.00, and felt confident that they would honor the mattress in case it had any flaws that may arise. Needless to say after 2 years the mattress started to sag on one side.

We contacted Mattress Firm and they informed us that they no longer carry any more Sealy mattresses and apparently Mattress Firm was not happy with their product. I was told to contact Sealy directly, when I contacted them it was a call center. They would not give me a phone number to Sealy directly. I had to go through them, they set up an appointment for someone to come out and inspect my sagging mattress. When they showed up the man put a string across the bed and snapped a few pictures, which was a total joke. The only way you can see the sagging is to actually sit or lay down on the bed, which the hole sinks pretty far down, even the inspector agreed.

Well needless to say Sealy contacted me and told me that they would not honor the warranty because they could not see any sagging from the picture. I could not believe after owning this garbage of a mattress for 2 years and paying high dollar that they would not stand behind their product. Please don't make the same mistake as we did. Even Mattress Firm has had problems with warranties that is why they no longer carry their crappy mattresses. BEWARE!!!

Original review: July 19, 2017

I had to file a claim with the warranty department due to sagging of our 9 year old mattress. From the very first phone call I found the customer service specialists to be friendly, professional, and helpful. I received an email link to the warranty portal to file my claim. I followed the directions by sending photos of my original receipt and the mattress issues. Within 5 hours I received an email saying my claim had been approved and under the warranty I was receiving a new bed. I will buy Tempur-Pedic every time we need a mattress. The service we received was above and beyond anything I've ever experienced. We love our Tempurpedic and they've gained a customer for life.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I have purchased Tempur mattress and accessories in March 17. They assured to deliver within 15 days, but with repeated reminders, they have delivers in May except for protector. 'Till now no response.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I ordered a new $3250.00 mattress from Tempur-Pedic in May 2017. I placed my order directly from the company's online site. When the mattress was delivered, the foundation piece was obviously used. The cover was ripped and there were several marks and a couple of stains. The delivery driver said it looked to him like the piece was refurbished. He said he had delivered lots of mattresses and he could tell when they were not "new". The plastic cover had been opened and taped back up. When I contacted the company... after several LONG waits on hold, I was transferred to a supervisor who basically told me they NEVER sold used or returned mattress and either the delivery guys or I must have damaged it. What???

I even had pictures to prove the damage... he wasn't interested. No apologies or adjustments... but they would resend a new piece. (I am still waiting...) Eventually I called about the reship and about a $300 bonus offer I was supposed to receive with my mattress purchase. The agent told me she had a note in my account and that I would get the $300 accessory credit, to just call back and place the order whenever I was ready. I called back two days later... and after a 35 minute HOLD was told that I did not qualify for the offer. I'm done with this company. I will NEVER order from them again. DO NOT PURCHASE A MATTRESS FROM THIS COMPANY!

Original review: May 31, 2017

Worst bed ever. I have more aches and pains than I had before sleeping in the bed. Dealing with the company now. We paid 6 thousand dollars for this very uncomfortable bed. We are hoping to resolve this matter fast! I feel like I'm sleeping on a picket fence.

Original review: May 29, 2017

About 8 months ago I bought Tempur-Pedic Rhapsody. And it has given me nothing but pain and misaligned spine. This bed is not for everyone. In fact, since it was about $3800, it was a painful decision to get rid of it, at the insistence of my Chiropractor, the physiotherapist and my GP doctor, who attributed the worsening of my scoliosis and the neck injury to the bed. If you are 100 lbs and have small bones, this bed can feel like a rubber tire. It was putting pressure on pain points and not supporting the arches. Long story short, I have since changed to a traditional bed (Beautyrest Simms Legends in image below) with pillow top and have slept amazingly well and have seen immediate effects on decreasing soreness.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Purchased 2 of these mattresses back in 2015 and at first we were fine. Then after 8 months the pain started. I could not turn over in bed without grabbing the mattress as I felt paralysed. When rising from the bed I could not take my own body weight and needed the support of my bedroom furniture to get to the bathroom. The pain is in my hips, lower back and legs. For ages I could not understand what was happening until I Googled and found this review site. How sad and relieved I was to find out many people experiencing the same.

I contacted Tempur UK as that is where I live, and they told me my contract was with my retailer. They "investigated" and I was told there was nothing they could do so I enrolled the help of a Furniture Ombudsman but to no avail. No one wants to know, you are not telling me that so many have experienced the same without there being a problem. I now have to do exercises before rising and am seeing an Osteopath, every day I am in constant pain. Please, please, please do not purchase one of these expensive mattresses, you might be one of the few that is ok but it is a painful and pricey experience to find out and their warranty is not worth the paper it's written on.

Original review: May 19, 2017

Buyer beware. Tempur-Pedic agreed to replace our defective mattress after 8 1/2 years with a similar mattress. You are told to check out the replacement mattress to make sure you want it because the transaction is final. The warranty people talked up the idea of upgrading to another mattress which gives you a brand new warranty. What you aren't told is that if you upgrade and don't like the new mattress you have no recourse. Tempur-Pedic considers the upgrade as a warranty exchange which does not entitle you to an additional 90-day trial period. After 14 days of use and a $1,400 upgrade we are stuck with a mattress we don't like. Beware.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I spent approximately 10k on this set with a special pillow top cashmere covered supposedly removable. It came with a zipper but when reaching the pillow top I found it to be sewn tightly onto the cover and mattress. Never able to remove and wash. Sagged and smelled. I have increasingly experiencing health issues and found it exponentially worse when spending any significant time in my room... directly associated to my bedroom.

After 9 years of being unable to find any answers as to the false claim of removable cover... finally I resolved to ripping off and investigating what that cashmere cover was hiding. Keep in mind I had foul smells that repeated linen changing would not eliminate. I documented this task and photographed every step and reluctantly kept the cover as well as the top. Underneath was a breeding ground of wet and green fungal in appearance infestation through the entire top of the mattress. I am asking for help on a supposed claim of 25 year warranty. BTW they no longer make this fabulous king version of a 10k Petri dish. I will never get the lost days of ill health back or whatever permanent damage this has caused. I do feel that they should replace at the least... for a new mattress of our choice. Perhaps a Tempur-Pedic if they have improved in their product. However by the posts I have read... doesn’t seem likely. PLEASE HELP THE VICTIMS.

Original review: May 11, 2017

My husband and I purchased a CAL-King Rhapsody mattress in 2008. We are going through second claim process, as it has started to sag on both sides again. In the acceptance email, they give you current model that is similar, in FEEL, which they will deliver and set up for free. The only problem was that the mattress they selected was the cheapest and hardest! It was nothing like our current one. So Being that there was still a Rhapsody line, I called in asking to just switch to that one and as lady was putting order through, the phone call was "dropped." I called back and was told there was nothing going through and since there are no notes, they had no proof of this being done. Now the new rep was telling me that I got some bad information. I asked to be transferred to a manager and phone call was cut off- again! They hang up on their customers!

Four phone calls in, explaining my situation over and over was not only crazy making but made me so mad that they wouldn't do exchange with same mattress line! I was referred to escalation department who told me they had no power to get me the bed most equal to mine. I am better off keeping the one we have than going with horribly different and cheaper model! So I'm waiting for someone to call me back who can help... imagine that. Disgusting service for a disgusting and dishonest company with ill-trained representatives. We will probably end up with a regular mattress after this is said and done. What a waste of THOUSANDS of dollars!

Original review: May 4, 2017

I bought this mattress not knowing that it gives off formaldehyde and many other chemicals! I'm asthmatic. One week after that bed arrived I couldn't breathe, sinus asthma, migraine, burning eyes. Now my fiancé who has none complained of migraines, swollen throats and sinus pain so we knew something was wrong. Tempur-Pedic uses chemicals in their beds that will kill you. Google all the lawsuits and you will see!!

The bed was comfortable but even after three weeks they said the smell should be gone, not the case!! Got worse. Spoke to my doctor. He said, "Tempur-Pedic. OMG get rid of it." They are misleading in their disclosure!! Long and short let me explain. They are getting the bed out of here and bottom line is what I've learned is look for the label CertiPur-US, Simmons and other bed companies carry it. There are no chemicals that are high VOCS. Do your research please!!! Tempur-Pedic shame on you. I was told the astronauts couldn't have this in the shuttles because of the off gas. An informed consumer is the best.

Tempur-Pedic expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Tempur-Pedic makes its own specialized brand of memory foam beds that adapt to your specific shape, weight and temperature to help you get a good night's sleep.

• Variety: Tempur-Pedic offers a wide variety of bed styles depending on your needs, including Tempur-Cloud, Tempur-Contour, Tempur-Choice, Tempur-Breeze and Tempur-Weightless.

• Materials: The Tempur-Breeze has cooling technology and an ultra-breathable design to keep you cool, which can improve the quality of sleep you get.

• Support: It offers excellent customer support and delivers your new mattress directly to your door, removing your old mattress and packing materials.

• Warranty: It offers a 10-year warranty covering your mattress and flat foundation.

• Accessories: In addition to mattresses, it also offers Tempur-Pedic pillows and mattress covers.

• Best for: Tempur-Pedic mattresses are best for special needs and professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information