Tempur-Pedic

Compare Mattresses

Research top Mattresses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought this mattress not knowing that it gives off formaldehyde and many other chemicals! I'm asthmatic. One week after that bed arrived I couldn't breathe, sinus asthma, migraine, burning eyes. Now my fiancé who has none complained of migraines, swollen throats and sinus pain so we knew something was wrong. Tempur-Pedic uses chemicals in their beds that will kill you. Google all the lawsuits and you will see!!

The bed was comfortable but even after three weeks they said the smell should be gone, not the case!! Got worse. Spoke to my doctor. He said, "Tempur-Pedic. OMG get rid of it." They are misleading in their disclosure!! Long and short let me explain. They are getting the bed out of here and bottom line is what I've learned is look for the label CertiPur-US, Simmons and other bed companies carry it. There are no chemicals that are high VOCS. Do your research please!!! Tempur-Pedic shame on you. I was told the astronauts couldn't have this in the shuttles because of the off gas. An informed consumer is the best.

Horrible customer service on warranty related issue. I bought my king sized Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe bed and adjustable base from Mattress Firm on New Years day 2 yrs ago. At the year mark, I noticed a split of the foam going across the bottom corner at about 24 inches from the distal angle of the bed. I called Mattress Firm and was directed to Tempur-Pedic. I was told that this bed had a 25 yr warranty. Because of that time frame... I did not rush for immediate resolution. So when I got the time, as it is quite lengthy to go thru the process, I completed the warranty process at the 2 yr mark. I bought this unit brand new in the box as a floor model for approx. $1900 and an additional $1400 for the adjustable base.

Now, trying to use the warranty and Tempur-Pedic is asking that I pay the full retail value of the original bed... another $2200 in order to get to use my original $1900 on the purchase of another mattress. This is beyond ridiculous... It's outrageous. Do not waste your time with these products. They are truly not worth it. You would do better getting a Costco membership and buying their best bed and save a couple, few thousands. I cannot tell you how frustrated I am with this situation. TEMPUR-PEDIC should stand behind their product... they don't.

Bought a $2400 mattress. It felt like crawling on wet cement starting to harden. I was never able to sleep on it. It hurt my back and hips. My husband tried it and over a 2 year period ended up going to the chiropractor several times for a sore shoulder. We finally figured out it was the bed. We would not wish this horrible mattress on anyone, so we ended up buying a Serta perfect sleeper and had them haul away that terrible Tempur-Pedic. No more shoulder problem or aches and pains. It was a total waste of money, plus it always had an unpleasant foam odor. Please do not buy a foam mattress - it is a scam and you will regret it. Serta and Beautyrest are the best and fairly priced, too.

I am trying to use my warranty to replace my Tempur-Pedic mattress as there are dips in the mattress. I have everything but the receipt. We purchased the mattress in either late 2006 or early 2007. At the time of purchase, there was a 20 year warranty. I registered my mattress on the Tempur-Pedic website, however, they have updated their system and I am no longer there. They told me that I need my receipt, which I no longer have. I paid with an American Express card. I called AmEx and they said they do not have any statements that I could get as they only go back 7 years. I was wondering if anyone else has had this same problem and what their resolution was.

I hate Tempur-Pedic. Worst CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! My wife and I bought a mattress 4 years ago, with a "lifetime" guarantee. The mattress cracked in half, yes you are reading correctly, cracked in half. They sent paperwork to have the mattress replaced with the most comparable mattress (they feel). A mattress that is much taller than my previous mattress. I called today to ask what could be done as I am NOT happy with this mattress. Mind you, we all know how much money these mattresses are, so I expected to have someone on the phone that wasn't rude or obnoxious. Well, the "manager/supervisor" named Shawn **, spoke to me like I was an idiot.

There is NO need for your managers/supervisors to speak to customers the way that this "floor" supervisor spoke to me. NONE. I paid a lot of money for this bed. I want a bed that is the same as my previous bed. If your product wasn't such crap, then perhaps I wouldn't have had to have a new mattress replaced! I expect someone to get back to me about this incident and expect something to be done. This is uncalled for, unprofessional and absolutely disgusting! I expect a phone call from someone with more authority than a floor manager named Shawn **. If this is how you allow your staff to conduct themselves, then it just proves what kind of quality product you actually have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

I had the 3000.00 dollar mattress and box spring and after 7 years the mattress started to sag on the edges very badly. Sent all the paperwork to Tempur for them to honor warranty. After many delays they refused to honor their warranty. Now stuck with a bed that sucks and a company that refuses to honor their warranty. Never buy Tempur-Pedic mattress or anything they sell.

I purchased my mattress and foundation back in 2009. Few years ago I started smelling an odd odor in my bedroom. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from until I checked my bed. I stripped my bed and checked the base foundation. There was mold on the top and underneath of the foundation. I was in complete shock. For many years my daughter and I have felt sick when we are in the house and I wonder if it's from sleeping on the Tempur-Pedic mattress. When we have gone on vacation our health seems to improve. I filed a claim with Tempur-Pedic and I am waiting to hear back. I put the foundation outside in the backyard and I am sleeping on the couch.

I bought a Tempur-Pedic bed after sleeping comfortably in my mother's bed. I had a cheap knockoff Tempur-Pedic, which caused terrible neck, back, hip pain. I thought that if I bought "the real thing", my aches & pains would go away. Well, I thought wrong. I let the 30 day trial period come & go hoping against all hope that it would get better. Well 5 years later I still wake up with daily neck/back/hip pain, after sleeping in what amounts to a hole. It is hard to turn and every time I do I get sharp shooting pains in my lower back. I also was "encouraged" to buy the horrible hot mattress cover that they tell you will void the warranty if you don't use it. What good is the "cooling" mattress when you have to wrap the thing in what's equivalent to a plastic bag?! With everyone's horror stories about dealing with Tempur-Pedic's customer service dept., I think I will just take the loss & buy a regular mattress. Hopefully I won't be paralyzed by then.

My dream was to have a Tempur-Pedic since I face problems with my back since my childhood. I didn't save any money to buy the mattress that was pointed to be the perfect fit for me. The experience is disappointing! I have been missing my old mattress for the last two years. Less than a year after getting the Tempur-Pedic Choice Luxe I had a problem with the mattress that controls firmness with air. I waited 2 weeks and made many calls to Tempur-Pedic to have it serviced properly. Now I got another problem and I am waiting again.

I called them and waited 2 weeks for the service company that couldn't fix it because they said Tempur-Pedic needed to send a different part for the mattress. Tempur-Pedic no longer offer this mattress, so the part is in back order and they didn't give me a time frame for waiting. Meanwhile I need to sleep on the floor!!! I called them many times and they only say, "Sorry! You will need to wait!". Really??? Tempur-Pedic never again!!!

I am a 63 yr old female who has furnished many multi-million dollar dwellings. NEVER in all my purchasing history have I experienced the slow, painful, nonexistent CUSTOMER NONSERVICE of Tempur-Pedic. This company operates with three goals: make everything as ridiculous as possible, NEVER follow-up any contact, pray the customer wanders off into the sunset because WE AIN'T DOIN NOTHIN'!

In the SIX months of my claim process, I truly needed **, whiskey or a vape pen to be able to deal with the insanity. We bought the bed (5,000$) because my husband was having a lower leg amputation and I needed a new hip soon after. Four months after purchase we traded sides and I was appalled at how I would SINK into a hammock-like depression and couldn't get out! I went back to Mattress Firm and was told that they are out of the loop.

Contacting Tempur-Pedic I started the undignified process of stripping the bed, holding a broomstick and quarter over an essentially new mattress and taking numerous pictures of the tags, etc. I kept telling the representative that there was nothing to see visually. You need to get on the bed to feel that it is defective. Six months, numerous phone calls, pictures, begging, crying, swearing, filling out forms... and today I finally have resolution! I will NEVER buy another Tempur-Pedic product. Be sure you know that they also make Serta and Sealy.

My son is project manager of an equity firm that just purchased 60 resorts. They will be buying 1,000's of mattresses over the next few years and you can be sure they will not come from the Tempur-Pedic brands. He watched (along with my husband and friends) as I dealt with this. I won't be shopping at Mattress Firm either. It is unconscionable to sell a product that you can't stand behind. BE FOREWARNED!

I'm not paid and I'm not a bot. I'm here to highly recommend their services and compliment their staff. Abide by their warranty rules and you will be just fine. Every customer (should) know when purchasing a product with a +10 year warranty you keep with YOUR paperwork. I provided my receipt, pictures and brief description of the problem (large inner sag) on a Thursday night through their website. I was approved the very next morning. The detailed email response was to the point and easy to understand. As a consumer we have responsibilities as well. Please do your part. This team was outstanding and courteous. Highly recommended.

We bought this mattress about a year ago. I have not slept one good night on it. The first several months I was back and forth to the doctor with a horrible back ache. Now the bed has a huge "dip" on both sides where we sleep and a big ridge in between us. I feel like I am sleeping in a hole! I can't move around and I wake up in the morning feeling as though I slept on the side of a mountain. My boyfriend and I spent about 5k on this king sized mattress and box spring boards (purchased at a local store, not direct from Tempur-Pedic) and it has caused so many medical bills due to bad back, sore hips, sleepless nights. What a major disappointment! And I have read that the company makes things very difficult to return it. Not sure what to do at this point. I wish I had kept our 15-year-old mattress.

I bought this Tempur-Pedic queen size adjustable bed @ 8 years ago from a Sleepy's Mattress store for @ $4000.00. It has been sagging for a while now to the point where it is uncomfortable and painful. I recently went to a local Mattress Firm (whom bought out Sleepy's) store to inquire about the warranty process. The woman had explained to me the online process. Me being impatient continued to shop in the store and purchased a new king size Tempur-Pedic adjustable for $8,200.00. Talking with the saleswoman about the warranty for the original I'll do when I get home. After @ 1 week after putting a claim with photos in I finally decided to call Tempur-Pedic. They asked about an original purchase receipt that I do not have from 8 years ago. I told them I called the original Sleepy's from where I purchased the bed and was told they cannot look it up that far back.

When I spoke with a representative over the phone from Tempur-Pedic they said nothing they can do. Meanwhile I asked can they prove this if this bed is older than 10 years old and they said no then how come the burden is on the consumer to prove that is less than 10 years old... No answer. Clearly their name is on the bed. Why not stamp a ID metal/plastic serial number onto bed. Why not try to assist a previous or existing customer? They are about to lose a customer. The new bed that was delivered for $8,200.00 3 days ago I am returning under trail period and will purchase a new bed from another manufacture. I should have read these reviews and done my homework before buying Tempur-Pedic product again. Thank you customer service.

Bought my cloud luxe breeze twin XL 3 years ago, it is much softer in the middle so I am sleeping in a trough, I wake up with back pain. Unfortunately to save a few hundred dollars I bought a floor model, well the warranty department wants me to pay the difference between what I paid ($2834) and what a new one retails at today ($4199), so I'm to pay a difference of $1365 in order to have the privilege of applying $2834 to another Tempur-Pedic model, they won't let me buy a different mattress which is really what I want to get. For $1365 I can get a nice, regular mattress which is what I will do. The warranty is lousy, and from the other reviews I read about 3-5 years is really how much these overpriced mattresses will last before the foam wears out and you too will have back/neck pain, learn from us who learned the hard way, DON'T BUY IT.

We purchased a Tempur-Pedic Comfort Flex mattress 10 days ago. I have been tortured every night since. Lower back pain worsens with each night, I can't turn without waking because you can't turn easily in this bed. I'm told it will "break in" within a month or so. I can't WAIT to return this horror in 20 days. I will never purchase this brand again.

I purchased a Tempur-Pedic cloud for 4000 dollars about 5 years ago from Raymour and Flanigan. The mattress eventually started to sink on both sides where my husband and I slept and the middle developed a ridge that made it uncomfortable and also caused back and neck pain. The store refused to help us. After writing a bad review on the store and another on Tempur-Pedic, I received an e-mail from a rep at Tempur-Pedic who said she will exchange the mattress. It was a little bit of work, completing some forms and sending pictures, even though the sinking was not visible until you lay in it. The rep was very attentive and we got an exchange to the same mattress but an updated model. It is a little harder than the other one we had but that is a good thing. The customer service was excellent. And so far, the mattress is great. I will keep you posted if it lasts. Thank you Lene for working with us.

Horrible product, no integrity within this company. My husband and I purchased a Grand from Tempur in 2009 for about $11000 (Canadian) with the bases. My husband was in the military and was medically released with back injuries after 27 years service. The Tempur bed was recommended to us by a "bed specialist" as per the release department at the end of my husband's career. It was a glorious bed for about four years. At the end of the fourth year however, we contacted Tempur because the bed was so soft and saggy and was offering no support. We submitted pictures and our invoices as well as the registration information that they already had on file and it took them about six weeks to replace the mattress.

We immediately noticed that the new mattress had problems as the men who arrived with their "white glove" service, had snapped all the threading on the top of the mattress by folding it in half to get it up the stairs into our home. That one was replaced immediately. Move forward to today. I will preface this point by saying that I am meticulous in caring for this mattress because of the cost of them and also because I really wanted it to last for the lifetime of the warranty. It is covered by a full protective Tempur cover at all times, is not exposed to light or heat etc.

For the last three months or so, I have been washing and washing our bedding and deodorizing our house and our room in particular as there was a lingering, musty, old oil type smell. When I removed the protective pad from our bed to see if I could find a source for the odor, I found a strange yellowish color leaching through the mattress everywhere that the layers were sewn or glued together. That was where the fun just began. When I phoned Tempur I was informed that the company I had to go through was Tempur Canada since the company was now two branches.

I was then also informed that the Canada side of the company had changed over their data system in 2014 and they had no warranty or registration information anymore therefore, if I didn't have my original receipt, I was on my own. They then admitted that because I had a claim in with them in the past, they DID have my information but that it was not readily accessible. Further to that, they informed me that Tempur Canada was not carrying the "Grand" anymore as it was not selling well in Canada and they had made the decision to discontinue it. I questioned how it was possible for a company to sell a bed with a 25 year warranty and then basically tell a consumer to get stuffed because the bed was not available in Canada anymore but was still being sold by Tempur US as that is the origin of all Tempur mattresses.

Here we are six weeks of pictures, emails and phone calls later and on February 1st, I received an email saying that Tempur US had decided to replace my mattress and protector. When I didn't hear anything further from the company, I phoned yet again. I have now received an email and a phone call saying that they are reneging on the replacement and they want an inspector to come to my house. That was accompanied by a "We're sorry about this, we don't know what's going on in our own company."

I am sooo done withTempur!!! I sleep in a bed that stinks, is changing color and is completely destroying our backs, from a company that offered to replace the mattress and then reneged on the offer two weeks later. They now want me to wait for them to find someone to come out and inspect the bed, create a report, get that report back to Tempur Canada followed by Tempur US and they will make a determination... If you are purchasing a mattress, WALK AWAY from TEMPUR!!! Do yourself a favor and read these reviews and look into all the complaints about off gassing, odor and mold!!! Not worth the time dealing with them, the sleepless, hot nights or the hoops that you have to jump through trying to get this company to honor their warranties.

Have always owned a standard old style Tempur-Pedic bed - queen sized, 8" I think it was. Always pleased with comfort and feelings of being well rested and without pain upon arising. Never had any warranty issues... Until we "upgraded" to a king bed. Purchased the Alura set in 2019... 3 years later, ruts, sinking, unable to move out of them, huge hump in the middle. Filed a warranty and was pleased with quick response and exchange.

Once again, now 2017, we are having the exact same problems. The style with extra topper of Tempur material has failed us again. We have a warranty claim in once again. HATE this model and need to get rid of it so we don't keep having the same problem every three years. I give them 5 stars or the ease of replacement the first time. I'm awaiting a response from them at this time. I'm hoping to give them another 5-star rating if they come through for us, but for some reason I have a SINKING (no pun intended) feeling that I'm going to have a problem this time. I hope they prove me wrong! I don't see the pillow top on their website anymore, so I'm thinking that there were numerous issues with it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed before I tempur-bash them all over cyberspace.

Love the bed...or did. When it came time to replace air chamber due to leaks the first time was ok... I paid shipping. Second time they charged me for the air chamber and shipping. I bought 2 this time. After 12 of the 20 year warranty they sent me a green air chamber system telling me it was a new UPGRADE... "You don't want this chamber... it's higher on one side and rolls you to the middle." The lady won't entertain returns...and won't sell me the air chambers I grew to love. When I told her I'd take them to court her response was "don't you think you have gotten your money's worth?" I would take them to court...but to miss work would not be worth the effort.

I was pleased overall with the comfort of my mattress. As a back sleeper I found that it had good support and I slept soundly. The only downside is that I get hot easily while sleeping. I found it difficult to stay cool at times compared to my old mattress (traditional spring.)

We purchased a Tempur-Pedic King Bed in 2010, we were hoping this bed would last us for a good while, we were in our mid 40's at the time. 6 years later it has become soft and no longer firm and a hole has formed in the middle. My wife now aches from sleeping on it and has ventured to the guest room. Mattress Warehouse is no longer in town and Tempur-Pedic requires numerous things, which I'm sure are impossible to equate to warranty procedures for credits. Anyway, just think twice before you purchase something that you are told will last a long... time!!

During 2012, I purchased 3 Tempur-Pedic Simplicity medium Twin XL mattresses. In 2017, 5 years later, 2 of the mattresses have a lot of black mold growing under them. (Note: The top of the mattresses are nice and white, no stains, but the underside has mold) So, it is not an isolated incident. (All people sleeping on the mattresses were over the age of 15) I contacted the distributor who sold me the mattresses. I told them that these mattresses are extremely expensive and are totally worthless within 5 years. As a child, I got my 1st mattress at the age of 4, I urinated in it, spilled chicken soup and cereal all over it. For 10 years, this old cheap mattress never had mold. It seems these expensive fancy-dancy mattresses are not worth it. And, black mold is not covered under their warranty. Note: If you go to Tempur-Pedic's website to write a review, you can't if your mattress is over a certain age. You can only write a review on their newer models.

In 2009 I spent almost $7500 for a split king (2 twin longs) Rhapsody Tempur-Pedic mattresses. I have some bad back, neck and shoulder problems and have undergone several surgeries. Of course with a cost like that I did a pretty exhaustive Due Diligence and research. I also spent some hours at a local Mattress Firm to try different beds. I am usually a high end buyer but only after checking out all the options but undoubtedly biased towards higher end products, sometimes to my detriment. At any rate, after two years one of the mattresses had some indentations and I felt that was probably the reason for the problem.

They felt comfortable but I hurt every morning. I did contact Tempur-Pedic explained my problem and filed a complaint with them along with a series of pictures. The customer service was very good and agreed to let me replace the bed or upgrade. So I went back to the dealer and went for one of the highest models for another $2000 and again it felt comfortable in the retailer with the limited time I could do this. I do not have a problem with the company and these mattresses may be fine for some people but my back is worse than ever.

We do travel a lot and again usually stay in higher end hotels and just came back from a California trip where we stayed at a Hilton and Marriott and they had just wonderful beds. While my back problems obviously didn't stop in just two weeks there was no doubt that those expensive conventional beds were a lot better on my back. These two mattresses I have now are in perfect shape and I have made up my mind that regardless of the money I have invested, I will have to change again. My wife seemingly has no problem with these beds at all but she doesn't have back problems like I do. She rarely complains on any beds we have been on anywhere in the world even when I was crippled. So again this bed might be fine for some people but people with back problems, I would look elsewhere.

Now to be specific, I upgraded a Rhapsody TXL to the Pure Opulence! I am not sure what to do with these two perfectly clean and two year old Pure Opulence mattresses. I am going to replace them with a conventional bed but I am just not sure which one yet. What a shame and in the end a waste of a lot of money. Buying a mattress is one of the most difficult important buys in one's life. This industry is full of gimmicks though and false advertising. What a shame when all you want is a bed that you can get a good night sleep!

I ordered accessories as a Christmas gift through the customer service support staff. When they arrived they were incorrect and I was told a mistake had been made and they could not fill the order. A credit was to be issued. 20 days later and 3 follow ups with customer service I was still no closer to receiving my refund and was forced to pay the tab or pay finance fees on the credit card. As promised, I filed a complaint with Attorney General. Perhaps that will get their attention.

We currently are in our Tempur mattress for 8 months now and we are miserable. Our backs hurt more now than it did before. Filed a warranty and the customer service dept is a joke and is no help. Buyer Beware when shopping for a Tempur-Pedic. NO help once you're already sleeping on their expensive mattress!!! PLEASE look at other mattress besides throwing your money into this company!!!

I hope those who are enjoying their Tempur-Pedic continue to do so but I don't think that is likely. Six years into mine, the real nightmare began. I started with horrific neck, shoulder, hip and back pain. Then one Saturday at 2:30 am, I awoke believing I was paralyzed. I had to swing my legs to the edge of the bed, and slide my feet to the floor. I quickly realized that my right hip was not going to support me, and Sat on the edge of the bed. The only thing I could do, was start holding onto furniture to get to the living room. I settled into my computer chair. While there, I researched "pain from Tempur-Pedic mattresses."

There were hundreds with the very same complaints. One woman's husband had to actually hold her up to stand. As with me, she had no problems before the Tempur- Pedic bed. In my researching, I found that within several years, the foam breaks down. If you are a couple, it can cause a ridge in the middle of the mattress. With Tempur-Pedic you don't move. NOT GOOD. You need to change position while sleeping. To make a long story short, I am unable to sleep on a conventional mattress of any kind, pressure is too much to bear. I now sleep on a very expensive inflatable mattress. Even 3 years later I have lingering effects from the Tempur-Pedic. I bragged about the bed at first but now discourage people from getting one.

I had to contact customer service shortly after I received the mattress and they're not really friendly. Overall I like the mattress. I didn't like dealing with the customer service department. I felt they were unfriendly and not geared to helping you.

I bought this mattress when my husband had to have his hip replaced. It is the best mattress we have ever had. I have never had a better night's sleep. My husband is a release sleeper. He tosses and turns all night. With this mattress I never feel him move.

I can sleep much better. A lot of my aches and pains have subsided. I think I have either a 20 year or lifetime warranty also. Best mattress I have ever slept. Great mattress, sleep much better than any other mattress. Well worth the money paid for it.

I find that I sleep longer and sounder on this bed than I have on any previous one. It is just as comfortable whether sleeping on my back or on my side. Never wake up with a sore back. Seems to stay cooler than my previous mattress.

Compare Mattresses