3.73/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

606 Tempur-Pedic Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 6, 2019

I've had my mattress almost 7 years and have moved with it 3 times and needed to leave it in storage for 6 months. Setting it up the last time was great, I missed feeling comfortable and always sleep well with it.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Comfortable but would have preferred a firmer mattress. I did not personally buy this. It was a gift. It felt good at first but after a year it started to get softer. I thought it would take longer. I will probably buy a mattress topper within the next year or so.

Original review: April 3, 2019

February 2012 I had purchased a Tempur-Pedic mattress after having spinal fusion surgery. I purchased Tempur-Pedic based on their ads on TV for pressure-point relief and claims the mattress conforms to your body for sleep comfort. 7 years later I am not getting that at all. I am experiencing pain in my lower back, neck, and numbness of my legs and swellness in my feet. I am losing sleep because of the discomfort of the mattress which is very hard. I had submitted a claim to Tempur-Pedic telling them through the years the mattress had never broken in and it is not adapting conformance to my body.

In the end, of course they are telling me my complaint does not meet the requirements of their 10-year warranty for replacing my mattress with a new one. I would elaborate more details surrounding this matter, but it is too long. Prior to other mattresses before purchasing Tempur-Pedic I never had these discomfort issues. I am telling consumers please DO NOT waste your money and purchase TEMPUR-PEDIC. It is the worst ever mattress I have ever purchased.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Top quality, warranty great and durability awesome! The store was great to deal with and the delivery was on time as promised. Had no problems and would buy the same product again.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I’ve owned this Tempur-Pedic for 13 years. Great mattress. Didn’t have much choice with firmness. This was hard mattress & still very firm. I love it. Just wasn’t happy that I paid 4000.00 bucks 13 years ago.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: April 2, 2019

I've only had my mattress for one month but have slept better recently than I have in my entire life. It's comfortable, stays cool, and has an adjustable base so that I can contour it according to my needs.

Original review: April 1, 2019

This is the second mattress of the same brand in a 10 year period. The second purchase was to buy a firmer mattress. In both case we were steered to the "no flip" design; where you simply turn the mattress. I do not believe this is a good design for even wear on a mattress. In both cases, at about the 5 year period, the mattresses seemed to develop slight dips where we sleep. Especially for me as I am a large athletic guy (6'3" @ 250-265). Our next purchase, will most likely be a Sleep Number bed as we have had the opportunity you sleep on these in many hotels when we travel, which is quite frequently. Overall, a decent mattress brand, however, I believe for the money there are better options.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We purchased our Tempur-Pedic mattress seven years ago and it started 'sagging.' Their customer service is truly excellent. After providing the photographs that they require, we were approved for a replacement and it was delivered one week later. Wish more companies demonstrate this level of service!!

Original review: March 25, 2019

Purchased a Tempur-Pedic mattress 6 months ago and it has turned into a complete nightmare. For the past 2 weeks I’ve been waking up with numbness and swelling in my arms, hands, legs, and feet. I called Ashley Furniture store where I purchased as well as Tempur-Pedic Customer Service. Both are teeing me that my complaint is regarding comfort and that there’s nothing they can do to help me. This is very disappointing after spending $3500 on a mattress. How is waking up with swelling and numbness considered comfort? It’s a health issue that’s being caused from the mattress.

I stayed at a hotel over the weekend and had no issues. Returned home to my bed and it was back to the same numbness. Didn’t stay in the bed long enough for the swelling to return. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IN TEMPUR-PEDIC AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! How can you sell a mattress that you advertise as being the most pressure relieving mattress to date but aren’t willing to help a customer whose complaint is not receiving this pressure relief??? Needless to say I’m reaching out to an attorney because I refuse to just give up without even trying.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We have loved our Tempur-Pedic Cloud mattress for 5 years now. At $3,500 we felt that we were purchasing a premium product. However, over the last 2 months both of us have begun to experience hip pain and it has become severe. When we get up, the pain subsides within 20 minutes. When we sleep on another bed, we are pain free. This supposed premium product has turned out to be inferior. And of course, there are more exclusions to their warranty than there are threads in the mattress cover. So I just spent $700 a year to sleep on this thing. I will NEVER purchase another Tempur-Pedic product ever again, and I will make sure as many people know about my dissatisfaction as possible. This is NOT a good company; it does not stand behind its (discovered inferior) products.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Husband, 5'11" 165 lbs. bought two Twin Xl's plus bases to make our king-size bed in May 2014 for $6K+. For the last year now he would rather sleep on love seat couch for most of the night. His mattress resembles the feel of a hammock, but you can't "see" it. It gets too hot for him to escape the heat; mine has always been too hot but I just travel around bed all night trying to get the cool spots. Not even going to try to get a warranty coverage, just going to stay away from memory foam, buy less expensive mattresses and replace more often if need be. Don't buy into the hype.

Original review: March 18, 2019

This mattress doesn't last. It sags and my body sinks and doesn't provide back or side support. I'm in so much pain and losing sleep because of this mattress. Their warranty is not "fair" because they don't want to give you your money back. Mattress was $4,099 and split box spring was $300. What a rip off. This thing spreads out and has no support even at the ends. I do not recommend this at all.

Original review: March 17, 2019

The mattress quickly develops a wear pattern...or a deep wear "sag" that is permanent. It's no better than a bean bag chair. There is NO edge support. I would n-e-v-e-r buy another one. This was an overpriced, overhyped mistake.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Tried to make a claim after only having the bed 4 years. For the past month I feel like I’m falling off the edge. I weigh 140 lbs. My husband’s side is fine. No sagging and he weighs more. I have been jumping through hoops sending pictures, having to have a straight edge with a quarter leaning against it, not under the straight edge. We are 65 & 66 lifting this heavy mattress to take photos of law tag, foundation, stripping the bed 4 times. We both have bad backs, and they still come up with something else they need.

Now I finally get a denial after this that we don’t qualify. My photo of the whole bed shows sagging on right side edge. They mention something about the foundation. It is their foundation!!! Bought as a set. They assured me we will still be under warranty. Don’t know why they give this warranty because over 500 people are listed on these complaints. Go buy Bob-O-Pedic. MUCH CHEAPER & better Product. Have one of these in another home and it’s great.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We purchased a Tempur-Pedic mattress at Rooms to Go about 8 years ago. Last year we began to notice that the mattress had a lump in the middle of the bed and the areas where my husband and I slept on were much lower than the center. This year after beginning to experience back problems due to the sagging areas of the bed we contacted Rooms to Go about the issue. Rooms to Go sent out an individual who determined that the mattress had over 3 inches of sag in the areas where we slept on. Now my husband and I are average sized people and neither of us weigh over 180 lbs. Rooms to Go determined that the 10 year warranty would provide about $1000 dollars less value than what we originally paid. This unfortunately, would not get us back into a Tempur-Pedic product.

With this in mind we contacted Tempur-Pedic to see if we could get an exchange back into a Tempur-Pedic mattress. Long story short, Tempur-Pedic did not honor the warranty, even after Rooms to Go had. I truly believe that the warranty that Tempur-Pedic offers is false advertisement. With this in mind, we had Rooms to Go put us back into a reputable sleep system from Stearns and Foster. We just wanted to let potential Tempur-Pedic buyers know of the poor quality of Tempur-Pedic products and of their unwillingness to honor the very warranty they offer even within the advertised warranty period.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Purchased our Cloud Luxe and after six weeks we made a warranty claim because my side felt like sleeping in a hammock. Talked to customer rep and she jokingly said most people say it’s like sleeping in a canoe! Tempur-Pedic replaced the mattress. Now, two years later same problem except this time they denied warranty claim. There are so many good mattresses out there for less than $1500. This company is a sham and, yes, like other complaints, my back pain is immense.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We purchased a Cal King locally in 2011, and also purchased their recommended foundation. We had one issue with the foundation early on, replacement was easy with the warranty. I feel our almost 8 years with this mattress warrants an honest review. We are both tall and thin, weighing 150 and 190 lbs. At the time, it came with a 20 year warranty. There was an awful odor we were warned about by our salesperson with this mattress, and it did take its sweet time to dissipate (2 months I think?). Hate to think of what we put our lungs through. We had high expectations likely due to the hype surrounding memory foam.

In hindsight, there were issues from the get-go. I think we were in denial it could be this expensive mattress that's supposed to be the best. Somewhere along the line both my husband and I started waking up with pain. Full back pain, the kind that almost knocks the breath out of you when you try to take a breath. I started getting migraines far more often. My husband was waking up with headaches and back pain which would cramp up and cause shoulder/neck tension and tension headaches.

I thought for a long time my back pain was because I'd ridden horses competitively through my childhood and into my mid 20s. I trained horses for nearly a decade before the economy took a crap in 2008, I was riding 6-8 horses a day 5-6 days a week. My husband grew up helping on his family farm and also had a back injury from a 4 wheeler accident. We justified the pain by thinking we'd been hard on our bodies over the years. We blamed our pillows for the neck pain and headaches. We spent SO much money on trying different pillows. We both also started suffering from insomnia, and this was relatively early on in having this mattress. We both blamed our high stress jobs (I was working in an office for a large financial corporation by the time we purchased this).

The only time I slept deeply on this mattress was when I'd had our child, and was so sleep deprived in those early months. Early on also, my husband started snoring, - like freight train coming through the wall snoring. He used to only snore if he was sick or drank too much. Which was mostly in our early 20s partying with friends. I hate snoring, I can't describe with which the anger that boils up within me when I hear it. I had to start wearing earplugs in 2012 to get any sleep. The long term use has damaged my ears and caused tinnitus. Within the last few months, his snoring had progressively gotten worse to the point where we started rotating who slept on the couch. That's when we noticed we were waking up without pain, and I never heard him freight train snoring from across the house. I feel like an idiot, that I never considered the mattress as a problem.

We recently purchased a new mattress (a Sealy Posturepedic plush pillowtop), and with our first sleep on it we woke up pain free and there was no snoring. Our first couple nights were not the best sleep on the new mattress. We woke up frequently, but by night three we both had such improvements in quality of sleep. My insomnia has disappeared, my husband's has lessened considerably. I'm waking less, and falling asleep faster. The snoring is gone. I haven't been brave enough to remove the earplugs (I did switch to wax plugs to prevent further damage to my ears). I've had one migraine since switching mattresses, but I was getting 2-3 a week. I'm hopeful they will at least decrease in frequency now that I'm getting better rest.

I cannot in good faith recommend this mattress. When we were mattress shopping, my body had a strong aversion to the newer TempurPedics, the Sealy hybrids, and any mattress that I laid directly on the memory foam. Hope this prevents others from years of pain and horrible sleep. I've also left this review on Amazon.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We spent $4500 on a mattress that could not withstand the duration of the warranty. Our mattress lost its firmness, which is the only reason we made the purchase, within 6 of the 10 year warranty and we are extremely disappointed that Tempur-Pedic has denied our claim. They are saying we are making a comfort complaint because they cannot physically see the defect even though they will tell you that they accept written descriptions of mattress defects that cannot visibly be seen. When you go to make a purchase of this price with Tempur-Pedic please understand that there is a very good chance the length of quality will not last. I encourage those of you desiring a quality mattress to spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

These beds are the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept on. I have been in hotels, have purchased other brand names in the past years, but have never slept on a mattress that was so uncomfortable. I have had these for two years and have not had one decent night's sleep and my back is killing me from this mattress. I keep thinking it will get better, but it gets worse. The only good thing about the bed is the massage, but then when it goes off, it is back to the worst bed mattress of all. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS MATTRESS.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Horrible. Back, neck, and body pain started after sleeping on memory foam. So very expensive. Difficult to get out of. Difficult to roll over in. Would never recommend a Tempur-Pedic mattress. The edges of the mattress remain firmer while the center sinks making it harder to get out of. The mattress when looking at it appears to return to a level surface after you get out. Spoke with Tempur-Pedic and was told because mattress returned to level no warranty or returns were valid. Such a disappointing mattress. I am a teacher and had hoped that my hard earned money would be well spent with the brand... I failed in getting a good mattress.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My husband bought yesterday, January 22, 2 Tempur-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling - king size pillows. He bought them at a Bedding Mart store in Jonesboro, AR. The store doesn't have a demo pillow so you can at least rest your head for a minute and see how it feels. The sales person told us that is an expensive pillow, he took it out from the box and brake a little bit the plastic so my husband could try it. You cannot see actually how it is because the bag had still air and you only can tell after sleeping at night.

After sleeping last night, I woke up with my neck stiff, the pillow is too high and too firm. Called the store today, but they apologized for my discomfort, told me that they can't do anything about it. Sent an email and called to Tempur-Pedic and they told me that they cannot do anything since I didn't bought it straight from their website, even so they weren't sure if they could help me. So here I am stuck with a pillow that causes me neck pains, was expensive and the company does not do anything to help you.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My husband and I went to our local Mattress and More store to purchase a new mattress. We laid on a Tempur-Pedic and wow oh wow, fell in love. I asked if we could purchase the floor model and was told no. So, we ordered a new one at over $4,000.00. When it arrived it stank to high Heaven. The store told us to be patient, the smell would go away. It did - but who knows what we were breathing - and might still be breathing. The mattress was SO uncomfortable, we were shocked. They said it takes time to break it in. They told us to walk on it, to have our dogs walk on it. We complained of sweating and they suggested an expensive wool mattress pad. No help.

Four years later the mattress is still terribly uncomfortable and the sweating continues. We don't sleep well at night and wake up with aches. I also purchased a full size mattress of a different brand at less than 500.00. It is a million times better than this $4,000 piece of garbage. I contacted Tempur-Pedic and they told me since I didn't purchase from them I need to take it up with the store. I told them that was a cop-out. It is THEIR product and they need to stand behind it. Basically the mattress on display was a total fabricated, misrepresentation of what they were actually selling so that stupid people would purchase it. That is false advertising. Seems that would be against the law and we should all be able to do something about it! If they won't stand behind their product I won't stand with them. I will NEVER purchase a Tempur-Pedic again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

As a consumer, make sure to do your research. Tempur-Pedic has an excellent marketing strategy that lets people believe this products are amazing. WRONG. Defective, painful and the company's warranty claim has its flaws. I have dealt with the company 3x now (Jan. 2018-Jan 2019) to replace a defective mattress. DO NOT FALL FOR THE MARKETING GIMMICKS, STRONG ADVERTISING IMAGES, AND FALSE REVIEWS. There are enough claims, photos, complaints, and honest statements from REAL CONSUMERS to go against their company's image. The mattress does not conform to your body and in some cases does leave mold. You will end up sleeping in a hammock like position and if ailments precede you, then expect for them to flare up.

After my review was denied, I was informed that the main supervisor in Kentucky would call me. That was on Thursday morning at 8 am EST. I called back on Friday, and they said he was out and leaves at 5 pm. WRONG. He doesn't take calls. The company lied that he tried to call me several times and that we were playing phone tag. REMEMBER, THEY RECORD EVERY PHONE CALL SO THEY CLAIM.

I was willing to show my phone records to verify that it was a lie. After all the hustle and on Tuesday afternoon, I was informed they would just do this as a courtesy and that he would not take the phone call. The representative named "Chantel - Kentucky Office" was RUDE. Whoever hired this lady for customer services has ZERO business hiring anyone. The professionalism was uncalled for and as a consumer, it's unacceptable. I called back 3x and finally got an intelligent agent who was honest. Overall, I wouldn't buy from this company knowing the products do NOT LAST and they will deny a claim to better protect the company. Honesty is no longer a concern in America.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Spent 4000 dollars on what I thought was going to be an excellent experience. My knee is painful because of my lower back. My shoulder hurts. I am trying to get an MRI on my knee because of pain and when I saw the reviews I am realizing that the new mattress from Leon's is killing me. My wife sleeps in the living room on the old mattress and appears ok. I don't know what to do at this point because mattresses are so expensive. Dont throw your money away on this.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We purchased the Tempur Cloud Supreme for a little over $3000. Several months after sleeping on it we noticed body impressions and my wife and I were sleeping in divots. The sad thing is we continued to do this for approximately 2 years before we had enough. We understand that there can be an occasional "lemon" in the lot and we upgraded to the Cloud Supreme Breeze which is the same mattress but is supposed to sleep cooler - WRONG at a cost of $1900 for the upgrade. 3 months into the new mattress, guess what, yep huge body impressions again. We procrastinated as the warranty exchange process is a royal pain. This time when we called we told them that we have had 2 of the same model and neither has lasted for over a year. No problem as long as we pay the upgrade fee.

I explained that I felt that we should not have to pay a fee as I know (I used to sell them for a retailer) what kind of profit they have on these (the wholesale price is $2200 for a $4999 mattress), but they stuck to their guns, as I spoke to supervisor after supervisor, they finally agreed to reduce the upgrade by 50%. This is something, but ridiculous after 2 mattresses failed. Each level of increase up the chain was met with a higher level of arrogance and entitlement to the company. I was told that the head Executive Services Margaret ** would call me back and I am still waiting for that call, so I looked up the email of the CEO Scott Thompson and sent him an email explaining the pompous attitudes of everyone that I had spoken to and asked him for an explanation.

I did receive a call back later in the day from someone other than Scott Thompson explaining that he does not deal with customers and to explain to me to either take their offer or leave it! I asked to speak to him and was declined. I guess that the arrogance of this company starts from the top and works its way down. The entire company especially the CEO has lost touch with the customer that has put them where they are!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

This mattress changed my life. I can't sleep on anything else. From being able to adjust position to the massage feature, I can always fall asleep - even on those sleepless nights. Sleeping is so luxurious now.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I have had my mattress replaced twice and the third is no better. Waking up with backache every morning and filed a complaint. They stated the indentation wasn’t significant. This mattress is a waste of money. I will never purchase another product from them.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Tempur-Pedic was fairly good when first purchased. However it has become increasingly uncomfortable. It was very expensive & not worth the money. The mechanism to change positions has long quit working also & no one repairs it. I've had to buy a thick foam topper to sleep on it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Tempur-Pedic is the most comfortable mattress I've ever owned. It has lasted for close to 20 years, and although I don't weigh that much, I think it's finally time to put my mattress to sleep instead of the other way around.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We spent over $4K for the firmest Tempur-Pedic and the base that we were told was required or else the warranty would be nullified. Within three months, barely after the outgassing period was past, the firmness of the mattress was gone. Leaning into it is like putting a hand in clay. Every morning we wake up stiff and in joint pain in the lower back and hip joints. The mattress holds heat from the time you lay down, so after 2 hours you wake up baking. After a few months we tried to send back the mattress; it was not for us and not what we paid for. We had been not shown the bogus warranty until after we bought the mattress, so be sure to read it carefully in advance.

The only thing covered by the warranty is the very top surface of the mattress. You have to take a picture of the mattress with a yardstick or broomstick across it and a quarter leaning against the stick. The surface has to show something like an inch of indentation. So they designed an overpriced sponge with a surface layer that bounces back—clever thing will never dent at the surface. I am not a heavy person, maybe 115 pounds, but my entire body sinks into this thing advertised as extra firm, and turning over at night or getting out of bed in the morning is like hauling myself out of quicksand.

The company is evasive, used delay tactics, and ultimately does not stand by their product design. I’ve never seen such a crooked warranty and we are shocked that an established, national brand does not stand by their product. The best they would offer, after months of wrangling, was a minor discount on buying the exact same thing. The design is defective! Why would we want to bring another one into our home. Hope this helps.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information