Tempur-Pedic

Tempur-Pedic Reviews

Find a Best Mattress Brands partner
1.2(821)

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

Shop Now

About Tempur-Pedic

Tempur-Pedic is the original developer of memory foam mattresses. When you purchase from Tempur-Pedic or an authorized dealer, the warranty covers the mattress for 10 years, which is as long as traditional mattresses are typically expected to last. The Arthritis Foundation recommends Tempur-Pedic products based on evaluations by users, which makes the company a strong choice for those with joint pain.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Good warranty
  • Risk-free sleep trial
  • Wide selection
Cons
  • Might lose firmness over time
  • Heavy materials

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

• 0%
  • 2%
  • 94%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Reviewed March 31, 2024

Bought for a 1 week and it's sinking a lot. Before I suffer from back pain, now I suffer from nerve pain and back pain. It didn't provide any support, I can't sleep since I sleep on this mattress. I bought ProAdapt Firm, it's nothing near firm. I'm only 100lb, and keep sinking down. I can't even get up. After long time probably will cause misalign your spine. Save your money and try other. I ask Mattress Firm to return it, and the salespersons say he will schedule pickup as soon as possible. Hope he won't lie.

Reviewed March 29, 2024

For the record I sent them everything they needed, we paid over $4000. Even bought an adjustable base, the mattress failed after 5 years. They say it doesn’t qualify… However our backs literally kill us every morning. They do not stand behind their warranty.

Claims HandlingStaff

Reviewed March 29, 2024

Bought a Tempur Pedic Hybrid Pro Breeze last April. We owned a tempur pedic for just about 20 years with no issues until the very end. We went to Mattress Firm in Shrewsbury Nj where we have bought several mattresses with no complaints. Our sales person was not knowledgeable and is no longer there. After several months my husband and I started to have severe back pain. I went in to Mattress firm only to be told we missed their 120 day turn and needed to file a claim with tempur pedic.

To be honest Tempur pedic basically wanted our first born!!!! Never in all my years as a consumer have I experienced such a difficult return policy. Every step was met with difficulty that after several attempts I have thrown my hands up. After spending close to 6k we ordered a mattress topper hoping that would ease our discomfort a firm foundation neither have helped!!! You can’t reach a human on their support line. Beyond disgusted and frustrated!!!! The problem is we have owned several Tempur pedics without any issue. This particular mattress is just not for us. The hybrid model does not work for us!!! All we wanted to do was exchange for a different Tempur pedic!!!!

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed March 28, 2024

I bought the protector from Fry's about 5 years back. Protector's inner plastic portion ripped apart on one side. Contacted them and they said since you bought it from Fry's we can't honor the warranty of 10 years. I would say, anyone who thinks of buying a mattress or a protector from Tempur, think twice because they will provide any excuse to not honor the 10-year warranty. Ridiculous customer service. I will never buy anything from Tempur-pedic in the future ever again. I love the mattress I have and the protector, but if they are going to provide an horrible customer service, don't expect me to buy anything from you ever again. Only reason I bought an expensive mattress and protector is mainly because of 10-year warranty. If you can't honor that stop falsely advertising it.

Reviewed March 13, 2024

I was looking on the Internet for a pad for my chair. After some searching, I decided to try Tempur-Pedic because their pillows are quite flat and would be ideal if available in the right size. I found the exact size I wanted: 27 x 19 inches as indicated on their website. When the pillow arrived, I immediately saw that it did not fit the chair. I measured its size to be 24 x 15 inches. I noted that the pillow was labeled as a Tempur Cloud Breeze Pillow Dual Cooling 27 x 19 inches but its size was actually 24 x 15 inches on measurement. I advised Tempur-Pedic of the problem and asked to return the pillow which I had kept sealed in its plastic wrap.

I asked for a prepaid UPS label to send it back for a refund. They asked me to take several photographs with a measuring tape to prove that the size was wrong. After they received the photographs, they asked me to remove the plastic wrap so the pillow would "expand" to its proper size. I did so and advised them that the pillow did not change in size when the wrap was removed. At that point they advised me that they did not accept pillow returns under any circumstances.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

When we purchased this $8000 bed, we were told we could "return it" and pay a restocking fee. When we tried to return it we were told NO, we could only exchange it for another mattress. This type of sales gimmick should NOT be employed. This is the kind of store that gives ALL other stores a bad name. Every other company has a return policy for up to 365 days. This outfit, you looked at it, you bought it!! Do not buy from "Sleep Masters" in Longview Tx. They lie and remember "NO RETURN POLICY"!! In fact if this is how Tempur-Pedic co. does business, I would advise you to buy something else.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2024

I have owned a Tempur-Pedic Mattress for 6 years and it has the biggest dip in it over 2 inches!! And they will not stand behind the warranty the worst customer service I have ever received. I paid over $6,000 and it is supposed to have a 10 year warranty! Their warranty department is a joke. Took several weeks and multiple attempts only to say the mattress was abused and or stored wrong after the second set of pictures. I would never buy a mattress from them again! I would however buy a Sleep Number bed!! The first one I had lasted 14 years with no issues. Just thought a new bed would be better for my bad back and it was for a few years. The dip started many years ago but I just slept on the other side. Once I got married we need the whole bed not just half of it. Save your money and buy a cheap mattress from Walmart!! I have their bed on my boat and it's amazing especially since it was only $400. You can see here how stained up it is... NOT.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

Had a senior moment and ordered the wrong sized mattress topper. Customer service was understanding and very helpful. One phone call and Several emails and my problem was solved. Kudos to the service staff.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2024

Purchased a Tempurpedic for thousands of dollars. Received a dangerous, defective mattress that made me physically sick and sagged after only a few months. Mattress was made in Mexico with China chemicals. Received a USED replacement mattress under warranty that had been used in a HOTEL ROOM. The Hotel name and address tag was on the mattress. This mattress failed after a few months. Since the warranty had been "honored" with a used Hotel Room Mattress - no further warranty was honored. Both mattress were defective. Both were discarded. I was scammed for thousands of USD. People have been made deathly ill by these mattresses and depending on your body type they can destroy your back as they sag. Tempurpedic did nothing to honor anything. I don't know how they are in business. They should have a huge lawsuit filed against them, I will never purchase another Tempurpedic.

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2024

Purchased a Tempur-Pedic neck pillow not fully understanding that Tempur-pedic does not guarantee their products. There are no returns or replacements on pillow. Poor customer service. Will not be purchasing from this company again.

Verified purchase
    Annie increased rating by 1 star.
    Customer Service
    After a positive interaction with Tempur-Pedic, Annie increased their star rating.

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2024

Upon purchasing the mattress in good faith, I encountered an unexpected problem after the expiration of the return window from Amazon. Regrettably, the mattress has been causing persistent back pain, prompting me to follow the seller's instructions to contact the Tempur-Pedic manufacturer and seek a resolution. I am deeply disappointed by the response received from the company, as it disclaimed responsibility for products sold through Amazon. This stance has put me in a challenging situation, as the mattress continues to aggravate my back pain despite my attempts to adapt to it.

As a consumer who relies on the reputation and reliability of Tempur-Pedic products, this experience has been disheartening and frustrating. I respectfully urge Tempur-Pedic to reconsider its stance and take responsibility for the quality and impact of its merchandise sold through affiliated platforms. As a customer, I believe in the importance of accountability and comprehensive customer service, especially concerning products associated with Tempur-Pedic's esteemed brand. I kindly request your immediate attention to this matter and seek your assistance in facilitating the return of the mattress and providing a suitable resolution.

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2023

The Tempurpedic Neck Pillow has caused SEVERE NERVE DAMAGE AND PAIN from its terribly flawed design! I purchased it because their old version was my favorite, but it's no longer available. I unfortunately chose this new model to replace my old one and it's literally THE WORST PURCHASE THAT I HAVE MADE IN MY LIFE! I now have permanent damage to my neck and shoulders and they have the nerve to refuse my request for refund under the warranty, even though the defective product is clearly cracked and falls under their terms of warranty. Do yourself a favor and avoid the pain. Their products are all worthless now and lack the quality they had in the past. It's very sad that this piece of garbage even made it onto the market!

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2023

DO NOT PURCHASE A TEMPUR-PEDIC MATTRESS!!! We purchased a Tempur-Pedic California King mattress for a very large sum of money and want a refund as the mattress has a LARGE bump in the middle of the mattress after less than 4 months of use. While we were a previous Tempur-Pedic owners for nearly 20 years, this experience just shows that you cannot trust the quality of the company products any longer. Terrible experience, horrible customer support, no empathy, and not reliable. NEVER AGAIN! If we could give them 0 stars we would.

Price

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2023

I won $5000 (not cash, just credit) from Ashley Furniture (as a promotion) to spend at the store. Because I did not need any furniture, I decided to replace my 12 year old Beautyrest mattress with a really good mattress. So I asked the salesgirl at Ashley store which is the best mattress available. She took me to the back of the store and showed me the Tempurpedic mattresses. They were also the most expensive that the store carried. They started at $3200 for a queen size (after the promotion discount). I had seen these mattresses before but never bought them because I did not know about them and I thought that they were too pricey. This time, I had all this money free money to spend so I bought the lowest end Tempurpedic ($3,200), with the matching base and mattress cover and other bedding items just to spend the entire $5,000.00 winning.

BIG mistake: I have never had a good night sleep since. The hip part of my body is the heaviest and it sinks in more than my legs and torso, which makes sleeping very uncomfortable. I move around all night long trying to find a comfortable spot or position. In the beginning, I did not want to return it to the store because I basically got it for free and was hoping to get used to it. Now, after more than one year sleeping on it, it's worse and my lower back is now painful from sleeping on this bed. All my previous mattresses were cheaper traditional ones with springs and foam and no problem at all. I have no problem sleeping on hotel room mattresses. I called the Tempurpedic company and they said that the warranty is only for defects and there is nothing that they can do for me. When I can afford it, I will buy another mattress and give this one away!

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingStaff

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2023

I bought my mattress and ergo power base in 2019 from. I provided my receipt and even bought it at a flagship store (Bound Brook Nj). My bed is in horrendously bad shape causing me severe back neck and hip pain. I went into the store for help and the reps couldn't care less. So I left. I started the warranty process and it was swiftly denied because the sag didn't pass the quarter test. Now how would that foam top sag without weight on it? So I got denied. They also didn't have a mattress protector for the beds on movable bases, so they also denied because of stains.

The MANAGER OF THE ESCALATION TEAM SAID, "There's a STAIN ON THE SAG AREA" in the email so he acknowledged the sag right there. But they consider the matter closed. So about $6,000 in the hole and they couldn't care less. Super sketchy warranty and extremely eager to deny your claims. So I guess you just have to suffer because they said so. Horribly disgusting management. Avoid at all costs not worth it.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2023

Completely dissatisfied!

#1 We were told that the frame would fit in our Thuma Bedframe. This was not true, it fit at its highest height- my wife and I are both short and that was too high for us. We had to get rid of our bedframe to make the NON-RETURNABLE adjustable framework.

#2 - The frame itself is loud and very awkward. We cannot find comfortable spots. We purchased the bed and frame because we really liked the idea of the sleep technology. I am not a light sleeper, but every night the head raised, it woke me up. Leaving me wide awake at 2:30 nearly every morning. We also now have to call out support because one side of the frame vibrates loudly whenever motors engage to raise or lower the bed.

#3 - The mattress itself is actually warmer than our previous mattress which was a Saatva. The cooling technology (the luxe breeze line) simply does not work. We are using Tempur-pedic mattress pads (which we were told we should purchase to protect the warranty, but actually got to protect our long term investment) which don't seem to let any of the cooling properties through. The Luxe Breeze "upgrade" was not worth the extreme cost.

#4- Neither my wife or I have got a good night's sleep since purchasing this mattress.

#5- Making the bed with the frame rails at the bottom is nearly impossible, especially in consideration with the weight of the mattress.

This horrible experience cost us $4368.00. And you cannot put a price on the time lost to process the return, write this email, arrange to be home for the pick up, etc. Lastly, their website boasts 100% customer satisfaction. When I made the return I specifically spoke with the representative and calmy shared our concerns, no one even made an attempt to address those concerns, simply issued an email approving the return. In addition to this being our worst purchase ever, we could not believe the lack of assistance or customer service.

Claims Handling

Reviewed Oct. 5, 2023

We bought the Tempur-Pedic split adjustable King mattress from Gallery Furniture in Houston, Texas. The salesperson told us that the firm mattress will get about 10 percent softer over time. Both mattresses started to sag so much we have a hard time getting out of bed. We filed a claim with Tempur-Pedic along with pictures and measurements and they denied the claim on the grounds that the mattress is doing what it is supposed to do and adjust to the person weight. My wife weighs only 150 pounds. The edge of the mattress touches the crossbar when we get out of bed and my wife has fallen twice already.

I had bought two queen sized Tempur-Pedic mattresses for the guest bedrooms about 12 years ago and never had this problem with sagging. They are still very comfortable. Either the quality of the newer mattresses has declined or the split adjustable mattress have a very big flaw in them. The Tempur-Pedic consumer people refused to send a technician out to our home to look at it unless we pay $150.00, but they warned us that their decision to not replace the mattress based on the photos would stand.

CoverageSales & Marketing

Reviewed Oct. 3, 2023

Like many other people, we bought a Tempur-Pedic mattress from its good history. We went out of our way to spend $2600 and it lasted less than 5 years (which is long compared to some here). Tempur-Pedic will not cover the mattress under their warrant because and I quote their warranty "Deterioration causing the mattress to have a visible indentation greater than three-fourths (0.75) of an inch (measured without applying weight or pressure to the mattress)" --> notice VISIBLE indentation there; that's their "get out" clause for not covering anything. We all know foam springs back once weight is no longer on it. I've appealed 5 times and Cc'd in the CEO and head of US sales and all I get is a copy & paste of "our decision is final". DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 25, 2023

Customer service is quick to review. They are the worst. We have had our Tempurpedic Pro Adapt mattress for 3 years. After two years, we have been getting back pains for the last year. The indentation is bad and we showed pictures. They said we need 3/4 in indentation for them to replace our mattress. We aren’t asking for reimbursement, just for them to correct it with a replacement. A simple picture will not do justice on how bad this bed is. I slept in my old mattress and my pain went away. Still this product isn’t worth its price.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2023

I am shocked by such lousy customer service. I have been a Tempur client for 18 years. I ordered a mattress they recommended online. The Adapt, medium. Terrible mattress for my back issues. I went and got a credit line to upgrade. I called and chatted with the staff. I want the mattress returned. After 1 week, I'm am still waiting for someone to complete the return. I was going to purchase the upgrade. I sit here with a mattress I can't sleep on and I'm told as of yesterday, I will hear back by Oct 6th.??? What???? I'm going to my credit card company next and will file a BBB complaint. Always bought thru a store. DO NOT BUY ONLINE WITH TEMPUR-PEDIC.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverage

Reviewed July 18, 2023

Do not buy anything from this company. Their product bled through color and destroyed topper cover and two pillow cases. We spent over $1000 on their topper and two pillows. This happened after first wash following the instructions exactly. They declined the claim. We called and called and they are not helping us at all. They do not stand by their product!! This happened after first wash.

Reviewed July 11, 2023

It’s hard but yet provides no support. It molds around me like a bag of flour, which makes me having to wake up and sit up for EVERY single toss and turn. I have chronic neck pain and this mattress only makes it much worse that I cannot bear to sleep on it for a single night more.

Price

Reviewed June 28, 2023

If you are contemplating purchasing a Tempur-Pedic bed, keep shopping around. While the Breeze we bought is a nice bed, I ended up with a tremendous amount of buyer's remorse. Granted, the place we bought it from gave us a 30 day use trial, we had to purchase bedding from the same place (Ashley's) to get the trail period. What we were not told was how much off a headache it was going to be to return it if we do not like it. And, it is not that we do not like the bed (mattress), it is nice, sleeps well, but we felt it was not worth the thousands of dollars we paid for it.

There were several other mattresses we tested that were half the price. Moreover, the store display was way more comfortable than the actual mattress we received. When you are shopping for a new mattress, just be sure and not listen to all the "gimmicks" that are tossed at you - free trails, guaranteed money back, blah, blah, blah. Or you too might end up with buyer's remorse, having spent so much money on a mattress and thinking you should have bought the one that was half the price and almost as comfortable.

Customer ServiceCoverageSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 22, 2023

I bought a mattress topper from their website. Everywhere it's advertised that they take all returns, no questions asked. I ordered a topper for my bed and halfway through sleeping on it, I woke up with the worst back pain I've ever had in my entire life! I ended up having to remove the topper in the middle of the night. I contacted Tempur-Pedic about the return and after a week of waiting for response someone gets back to me saying their policy doesn't allow mattresses or mattress toppers (what else do you sell???) and sent me some very fine print specifying this. Like why would you advertise having a return policy and then not allow returns for basically the only thing you sell?! What a scam!

Reviewed June 10, 2023

IF you want a sore back, to sweat and a mattress that will make you feel like you need to move all night then get this mattress. Oh - and if you want to give a a business thousands of dollars to treat you like crap - give Tempurpedic your money- you will get no customer service, a company that make you jump through so many hoops to try and get your money back that you finally give and pay someone to take the bed to the dump for you!

Reviewed June 9, 2023

Paid 8500.00 for our King size Grand Plush mattress 8 years ago. The warranty is supposed to be for 10 years. Both sides now do not provide adequate support but the middle section has remained firm. Tempur warranty dept requires detailed photos of the mattress, down to the frame support. After sending required photos they have declined replacement and did not offer any compensation to purchase a new mattress. Your photos must show at least a 3/4” gap in the sagging areas which is hard to show. We do not recommend this product and will not purchase another Tempur.

Claims HandlingCoverage

Reviewed June 1, 2023

We spent $4000 on this mattress and its box spring. A couple months ago we started waking up with very sore necks and shoulders. We took a look at the memory foam mattress and there are very clear body impressions, an inch deep (warranty covers impressions that are greater than 3/4 of an inch). I was concerned that our warranty wouldn't cover the impressions as there were a couple of small stains on the bed but the rep reassured me that if the stains obviously didn't cause the defect it would be fine.

Our first claim was denied because the person didn't understand their warranty policy, so we had to start another one. Then they needed more pictures. Then they needed more pictures. I sent a total of 30 pictures and finally, a month and a half later they declined it because of the two small stains that were nowhere near the body impressions. For over a month and a half I've woken up everyday needing to go back to my physiotherapist to address the damage that mattress has done. They told me there was nothing to be done and that is all. So, buy Tempur-pedic if you want to waste thousands of dollars on a garbage mattress from a company that strings people along.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed April 14, 2023

I ordered Tempur-Pedic Prohi king-size pillow around 3 weeks ago and I am already having difficulty sleeping on it due to reasons below. The pillow sinks in and becomes completely flat in less than 15mins and the entire night I have to keep adjusting my neck and head for the pillow to reset. Now, I am having neck pains since pillow completely lays flat 90% of the time in the night and pillow lacks to provide support for my neck. It has only been 3 weeks and the pillow already has formed head impression on one side.

This is an expensive pillow, that I have invested into and don’t appreciate having these problems so early on. I contacted the company in regards to above issues and they told me that they can’t help me. Worst customer service. Please don’t buy this pillow - it’s totally hyped up and not worth the money at all. I would have given only half star if there was an option.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed March 31, 2023

We bought the ProSmart split king bases and Pro Breeze mattresses and have had a while now and are not happy with the product, especially given the cost. It is nice to have the adjustable base option/zero gravity adjustment and the mattress is comfortable but that is it. Therefore is it not worth the extraordinary cost and we regret it. All the bells and whistles that are advertised do not work as advertised. The vibration is a joke and is not worth anything, it is NOT "massaging" and advertising should just say "gentle vibrations", use of the word massaging is very misleading.

The "responds to snoring...automatically" um no. Again false advertising. I sit up all night while my husband snores and it does not respond...when he snores, however randomly it does respond when he is NOT snoring and it wakes him up. WHAT? I am not even kidding. Probreeze cooling mattress is no match for menopause - hot flashes and night sweats so if you get hot at night and this interests you it is not worth it. No difference from my cheap guest room mattress to this one in terms of temp. Tried for several months to use the app and monitor the results that use the so called AI sensors. As mentioned the snore detection does not work. We have the split king and when I sleep in our guest room and no one is even sleeping on my bed it gives a sleep score with stats for each category. How? No one is in it.

"White glove delivery" BAHAH, the men that delivered ours did not wear gloves, one cut his hand and got blood all over the $5k mattress and asked if we wanted a new one. Um YES. They hauled away our old bed and mattress, and we were left with one half a split king for several weeks before they came back. NIGHTMARE service and it was nearly impossible to reach anyone or get help or a response. Tried submitting this review on the Tempurpedic site several times and it will not let you submit.

Claims Handling

Reviewed March 13, 2023

We bought Tempur-Pedic mattresses based on our in-store experience. After a couple of years, one mattress failed and we submitted a claim for replacement within the 10-year warranty period. Tempur-Pedic's only criteria is based on measurements of sag of the mattress surface when the mattress is not being used, with no consideration for lack of support during use of the mattress.

Our claim and subsequent appeal were immediately rejected with no consideration for the failure of their product. Their warranty gives no consideration to performance of the mattress, only to arbitrary measurements when the mattress is not in use. The mattress fails when I lay on the bed, sinking to more than half of the depth of the mattress, at the center of the mattress, with the head and foot remaining with no sag. I weigh only 170 lbs, so my weight is not a factor... the mattress is quite simply a very poor product. There must be better options, which I will soon be exploring.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information