4.44/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Sit 'n Sleep

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sit 'n Sleep is a mattress superstore located in Southern California. For over 35 years, Sit 'n Sleep has dedicated their focus to finding consumers the perfect mattress based on their individual wants and needs. The Sit 'n Sleep consultants are continuously researching sleep health and attend various training courses on an ongoing basis. Sit 'n Sleep carries all major mattress brands in addition to bedroom furniture, bed linens and pillows.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

158 Sit 'n Sleep Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I had a cheap I-just-moved-to-a-new-town-and-I-had-to-get-something sort of bed for eight years and it was so old. We went to Sit 'n Sleep and everything was good. My bed is much better and I am definitely sleeping better. It's bigger and more comfortable. My experience was an easy process, and the bed has been great.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I really enjoyed my sales experiences with Sit 'n Sleep. When I tried to take advantage of my trial mattress exchange, I was told that only ONE exchange was allowed, even though I was not informed of that prior to my purchase. The first mattress I bought was far too firm, and then I paid extra to get another one that cost a little more, but was far too soft. One can only really find out when they sleep on the mattress for a while, because although it might feel comfortable in the store, it can change when spending 8 hours on it. The second mattress is far too soft, and I am riddled with lower back pain, but because I had exchanged my original mattress once, I was denied a second exchange.

Despite paying about $1,500 in total, I'm very disappointed, and besides disappointment as a consumer, I am now in constant pain and cannot afford to purchase another mattress. The policy of only allowing one exchange needs to be revised, because logically the Goldilocks method of trying out a mattress will ring true no matter what. One might be too hard, the other too soft, until you finally find the one that will support you in comfortable sleep.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I bought a mattress from Sit 'n Sleep and my son is enjoying it. It was exactly what we thought it was going to be. Oftentimes we don't have things that work well but having the Sit 'n Sleep mattress was an experience to not complain about.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

We bought the Sit 'n Sleep mattress and the bed with the headboard. We also bought pillow slips and sheets because they were extra long and my husband is tall. We had them delivered and set up. The delivery crew was very quick. I didn’t even realize they had finished. I was in the kitchen and by the time I got my tea, they were done and walking out. That was very nice. The only thing is, the sheets need to be ironed every single day we use them. The cloth itself wasn’t good, so we don’t use it anymore. The bed itself is perfect and my husband loves it. The Sit 'n Sleep people were great too. I saw my husband talking and laughing with their sales reps. I can’t sleep in the bed, though, because I like a softer bed. But it's for my husband, not for me. He chose a hard bed because that’s what he likes to sleep in.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I purchased a mattress and a box spring from Sit ‘n Sleep. I ordered the wrong size to begin with but they were real accommodating with getting it fixed and changed. They’re really nice and supportive when I need it. The mattress is more comfortable than my old one. I have terrible sleep in general and I’m hoping the mattress will help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sit 'n Sleep?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Hello! We had our new mattress delivered today. We were very happy with the delivery/set up by Erik and Valencia. Our sales person was Michael ** at the Torrance store. This is our 3rd mattress purchase from your store. Just an FYI, there was a VERY long wait on the phone getting to speak with customer service on multiple occasions. I also received mis-information about how to get a warranty claim taken care of for my old mattress encasement. I spent a lot of time with calls and e-mail to that company, (pure care) from information that was given to me by your attendant, only to find out that mine was from a different company that you used years ago. Your customer service attendant had called up my old info and should have been able to see the manufacturer. Anyway, I am giving a 5 star for the order and delivery. If it wasn't for the nice service from them I probably would never shop at Sit n Sleep again!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I take care of my 92-year-old mother and I needed a bed to be in her bedroom with her. It's not dire but I was sleeping on a futon. I walked into a Sit ‘n Sleep store and the salesperson was really patient and knowledgeable. I liked the fact that everyone was very professionally dressed and they’re respectful among themselves. I didn't feel pounced upon but very well taken care of and treated very respectfully and professionally. There wasn't any need for me to shop further because they had provided me with everything I wanted to know, a decent price and they delivered on time. I've been sleeping on the bed for the past couple of months since the 4th of July and it has been great. I need a good night's sleep when I'm with my mom because I'm sort of a lifeguard for her. It's not a super fancy bed but it's super comfortable and it allows me to get sleep when I can get it. It was a good experience all around.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

It was about 14 years ago after we just got married when we first purchased our most heavenly Beautyrest World Exceptional mattress at the Culver City SNS store. Given our then-superb-purchasing experience, we returned to SNS without a doubt but this time in Glendale & bought another most comfortable, luxurious Stearns & Foster mattress. And the store manager, Ali, was very professional, knowledgeable, and patient through our buying process that spanned over 2 weeks! He gave us such a great deal which we so appreciated!

I also had to talk to another sales associate, Danny, and he too was very helpful and sincere in addressing my needs! And when the delivery crew came, they were so efficient, courteous, and helpful in setting up our mattress and made sure everything checked out perfectly before they cleaned up after themselves and left. They came on time, and they were friendly and professional! You hired the right delivery crew to represent SNS image! Thank you for such an awesome experience, and we LOVE our mattress!!! Both are better than any 5-star hotel/resort beds we slept on! Looking forward to buying another mattress for my daughter!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I purchased a memory foam with a pillow top cushion from Sit ‘n Sleep. Not driving elsewhere, it was more convenient for me to buy it from them. The sales associate who helped me was great and very knowledgeable. He was also engaged and very helpful. Everything went great. We’ve owned our old mattress for five years and it was not as comfortable. But with Sit ‘n Sleep, I’ve been sleeping very much better. Overall, it was an easy experience with them.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Nelson and Norlon were very courteous and efficient in removing my old mattress and replacing it with a new one. They worked very quickly and carefully so as not to disturb their surroundings. They made sure I was satisfied with the placement of the matters before leaving.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Brian ** was great in showing us various mattresses and helping us to consider the one best for us. Very professional and easy to work with. We also liked the two guys who delivered the mattress and box spring. Very polite and considerate. They worked quickly but yet calmly and professionally. They sealed the good experience we had.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I purchased a name-brand king size mattress & box springs from Sit 'n Sleep. Once delivered, I discovered the weight of the actual mattress alone (not with the box springs) was 187 pounds, and I could not move it in order to meet warranty requirements of turning every few months. While the mattress was firm and comfortable, I was disappointed that I would not be able to turn it without significant help. I contacted the Manager, Allie at my local store. He was very accommodating in finding another mattress set that would be lighter and more manageable for me, while also satisfying my comfort level.

Within the appropriate timeframe, they had a new mattress delivered to me that met more reasonable requirements, and I did not have to pay anymore other than the restocking fee. This is a second set I have purchased from Sit 'n Sleep during a period of several years and I would return again in the future if necessary when I am ready for another new mattress.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I was most pleased with the delivery experience today. The men showed up ahead of time and were courteous and professional. They set up the furniture and made sure everything was to my satisfaction before having me sign for the delivery.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Delivery team were fast and very courteous! They actually called to check if they can deliver our mattress earlier than scheduled time since they were in the area! Mattress selections were plenty so we really took our time to choose and read reviews.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Bob helped us find the perfect bed for myself and my husband. It can be overwhelming because of all the options and price points, but Bob helped us find the perfect match in our budget. The bed was delivered pretty quickly and set up fast as well.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Great experience! Nice people, good product, great prices. The mattress I needed was quickly identified with the store's analyzer. I thought I knew I needed a very firm surface and that was verified with their equipment. In addition, the delivery people were on time and very professional.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Robert ** was great to work with. He sold us a Tempurpedic bed that we later decided to exchange for another brand. My beef is with the delivery guys. When they came to exchange the beds, they picked up the Tempurpedic with dirty hands and smudged the bed, then took photos claiming we did it. They didn't photograph the bed until they stood it up.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I had the most wonderful and awesome experience with Sit and Sleep. The two professional gentlemen who advised me were the best, their mannerism was so outstanding I would have brought something even if I did not need it. Thank you so much.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

My search for a good mattress finally ended when an employee of Sit 'n Sleep suggested I take a "sleep test" on the machine at their Palmdale store in order to determine what kind of mattress would best fit my need. Being burdened by an extremely sensitive body hurt, I took the test. Voile, I went with the choice of the machine, and am finally sleeping much better and not getting up feeling hurt in the morning. Never thought I'd pay so much for a mattress, but it's worth every penny. All in all, the service the sales lady extended to me was excellent, patiently and graciously taking time to satisfy a NOT-EASY customer.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

In store was good, trying to get an answer online through email impossible have tried numerous times, and not one reply. Let's see if this gets an answer. The bed I bought is very good but the control is very poor, I think I'm going to have it replaced.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We ordered two beds and set of sheets and pillows. We love the store, Chad at the Fullerton store, the delivery and set up from the delivery guys. Definitely will tell friends to buy their beds from you guys! Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I have previously shopped here and was always pleased. This time I needed to replace an old electric adjustable bed frame. The salesman advised me what to purchase because my grandchildren keep misplacing the remote. It arrived on-time, was delivered by two nice men and I am completely satisfied because the remote is attached to the frame!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Had a great experience from the moment we walked in till the moment we left. I can't the guy's name that helped us but he was great. Helped us figure out which bed was best for us, and that wasn't going to break our pockets.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I have been satisfied until recently. I swapped a mattress for the same exact mattress with a different softness. I was told I had to pay the delivery charge, but upon delivery, I was charged the full price of the mattress. Still awaiting refund.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Mattress was replaced due to damage, and ergm-2000sslegs was exchanged from 8.5 inches to 5' black powder legs and it’s done by Erik **. He drilled extra holes to the master head board to fit it to bed frame which resulted in more stabilized condition. First installer only used two screws to attached the head board. Done very poorly and unprofessional way.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Our installers Eric and Valencia were wonderful and fully professional. They arrived on time, did an excellent job installing the new bed I purchased. They were neat and efficient. I could not expect more and was very pleased. I could not have asked for better service.

Original review: July 25, 2017

The delivery was on time (even a bit early). Workers were friendly, polite, and efficient. They got the job done quickly and demonstrated how the equipment worked. They removed all packing material from the device and disposed of it by taking it with them. Overall, a great experience.

Original review: July 24, 2017

We had a new mattress delivered to our home today 7/24. Erik and Valencia were simply great.. courteous, quick, but careful. If there's a 10+ rating, please give it to them. And thank you Sit and Sleep for the class A after care of your customers... hard to find these days. Lastly our salesman Michael ** is also very class A.

Original review: July 16, 2017

Bought a Split King adjustable bed with massage last weekend and it was delivered today. Great service from sales to installation. Sales man took his time with us and was very informative. Installers were right on time, worked quickly and carefully and even vacuumed for me!

Sit 'n Sleep response

Hi Julie, Thanks for the positive review. We are happy that you are happy!! Here's to many years of wonderful sleep on your new Sealy Split King mattresses and adjustable bases!!

Original review: July 11, 2017

The memory foam I got from Sit ‘n Sleep is really comfortable. I went to a couple of other places and I wasn't really fond of how I felt on the bed and at Sit 'n Sleep, I was able to do the little test thing and it was pretty cool. It is the best choice. Also, their representative was great. The delivery team was almost early and my parents said that the delivery was really fast. Everything's been pretty good. The mattress is great compared to my previous bed and I sleep a little better now.

Sit 'n Sleep response

Hi Leila, We are glad that you are pleased with your new mattress and that our process was good for you. We wish you many years of wonderful sleep on your new mattress!!

Sit 'n Sleep Company Information