Call toll free
3.44/5
Based on 189 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sit 'n Sleep is a mattress superstore located in Southern California. For over 35 years, Sit 'n Sleep has dedicated their focus to finding consumers the perfect mattress based on their individual wants and needs. The Sit 'n Sleep consultants are continuously researching sleep health and attend various training courses on an ongoing basis. Sit 'n Sleep carries all major mattress brands in addition to bedroom furniture, bed linens and pillows.

209 Sit 'n Sleep Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Every morning for the past few months my husband and I have been grumbling that we need a new bed. This afternoon, when I stumbled on the paperwork from the purchase of our bed, I was appalled to find out that it was delivered to us only 27 months ago - on Oct 2, 2016. I just asked my husband how old he thought the bed is. He said 7 years. When I said "try again" he said 5 or 6 years. We were not very happy with this bed in the first place. Unfortunately we went back to the store about a month after the 60 day trial period. The salesman said there was nothing he could do. When we went back a second time, he suggested that we get a foam pad and eventually the bed would soften up.

So we spent about $150 on a good foam pad and additional money on deeper pocket sheets that would fit over the pad and tried that for about 15 to 18 months. The bed was better, but not really comfortable with the foam pad. And now without it, the bed is downright UNCOMFORTABLE. After (or possible during) the Northridge Earthquake in January 1994, we realized that our water bed had to go. Since then, we have purchased all our beds at Sit 'n Sleep. We were always happy with our purchases, comfort and customer service until this current bed.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I was assured by salesperson D. ** on 12/2/2018, that the Two Memory Foam Pillows and two Mattress Protectors were FREE. Yet on the receipt, I was charged $510 for the Mattress Protectors and $119.98 for the Pillows. After reading over 200 complaints and negative reviews I canceled the delivery of all merchandise and put a STOP payment on my check. 12/3/2018. Due to the misrepresentation and lies. On 12/3/18 the manager offered me a credit of approx. $300. I refused. I told him that was not acceptable since I was charged a great deal more. When I told him I canceled the delivery and put a stop payment, he said, "You wasted both of out time." The contract states that "All Sales are Final Upon Delivery," the merchandise was never delivered or received by me. If I'm found responsible for this debt, I would rather the debt go into my credit report, rather than giving these people the satisfaction of continued misrepresentation.

I don't trust or want any merchandise from this Sit n Sleep, Studio City store. After reading complaints, I don't trust that they will give me NEW, quality, Firm, memory foam mattresses. I do not want used floor models. I do not want overpriced Pillows & Mattress Protectors. They do not honor their advertisement, that they will honor a lower price at other stores. I had a positive experience on 12/5/18 from Sit n Sleep, Burbank 91502, from the store manager, Vicki **. No lies. No misrepresentation. I purchased one Queen Chocolate Nutmeg Platform Bed.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I purchased a bed at Sit 'n Sleep 15 years ago and I was treated pretty well when I was there. So, I decided to go back and I went there looking for a Tempur-Pedic bed. Bob, the salesman who spoke with me, was fantastic. He was helpful and informative. He really knows his stuff and he wanted to make sure that I was happy and comfortable, not just physically but monetarily as well. He had all kinds of great suggestions. He gave me a lot of tips that I hadn't even considered and when I did, I realized how valuable they were. He acted as if I was the only customer that he has ever had and that sold me. He said that he would be happy to sell me a Tempur-Pedic bed, but he wanted me to know what was out there and suggested that I take a look at all the different beds.

I ended up buying a different bed and I purchased a memory foam bed that goes up and down, and all around. The folks who came in to set the bed up for me were in and out in two seconds and they did a really good job. It's a great bed and I love it. I can't wait to get to bed at night. The whole experience has been really good and I would do it again. In fact, I've even told my daughter and her husband, as well as a couple of my friends at church, about the great customer service I had with Sit 'n Sleep and they claimed that they're gonna go and take a look there too.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I had a good experience at Sit 'n Sleep and I'd tell others to use them as well. I chose the Sit 'n Sleep mattress due to advertising and the fact that it's local. It's a Stearns & Foster and I absolutely like the quality so far. I’ve only used it for a couple of weeks and it's better than my old mattress. I had that for about six and a half years and it wore out. Plus I had some back problems before and that's a little bit better now.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We bought our mattress and bought the adjustable with it. Salesperson, brand new to SNS, did NOT tell my husband the adjustable wasn't returnable. He/we, would never have taken it home had we known if we didn't like it, it could go back. Spent a ton of money, don't like it, can't return. This is such bad business! You'll take a mattress you will take back and destroy, but not a mechanical item you can resell?

Rubbish! We will never shop with this company again! I'll be on FB this weekend to tell all the issues we had. The beds that were on sale, gone, the tags that said black Friday blowout? REGULAR PRICES!!! Salesperson admitted it. Fraudulent advertising. Never, ever will I recommend this company nor shop there again. Figured Larry would be honest and a good deal, Larry's sign says, 100% satisfaction guaranteed... not on ANYTHING but the mattress with a 20% restock fee! That isn't a restock. They destroy it. I wanted to return our adjustable and get a custom box spring. They said they told us it was non-refundable. They did not. We're stuck with it and I'm highly pissed off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sit 'n Sleep?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Sit 'n Sleep is a convenient location. I purchased my previous mattress at the same place and I had it for 10 years. This time, I got a mattress as well and it was easy to make the purchase. They were very helpful.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was shopping for an affordable queen size mattress and the salespeople at the Santa Monica store made my experience really easy and were able to direct me to the best mattress in my price range. They were very knowledgeable about all of their products and worked hard to make sure I left happy.

Sit 'n Sleep response

Hi Suzy - thanks very much for the kind words - we wish you many years of wonderful sleep on your new mattress.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Please forward this email to a corporate supervisor. I purchased a mattress a couple months ago. When it was delivered, it was defective. Sagging. I had to pay a restocking fee to get another mattress, even though this one was approved as defective. I received a second mattress a month ago. It was defective. The main seam stitching was unraveling exposing the mattress material underneath. The day I received it, I took pictures, spoke to Yesenia at corporate. She said to email her pictures, she would send to the manufacturer and would get back to me. She sent me an email confirming she received my pictures. Weeks went by, no follow up by Yesenia. I called her. She approved another mattress exchange and, this time, said I would not have to pay a restock fee.

Last week, I went into the Laguna Hills store. Salesman Michael ** greeted me warmly. When he found out I was there for an exchange, he was immediately not happy and no longer friendly. He said "we are very busy today, this is not a good day for an exchange, you should try another day and you should go back to the store you purchased it from". I said I was told by Yesenia that I could go to any store. He was rude and frustrated and called corporate. Corporate could not find Yesenia's notes. Corporate told him they had not received my pictures of the defective mattress (I have an email from Yesenia 4 weeks prior confirming receipt of my pictures). Corporate and Michael ** told me they could not help me. I had to leave with no mattress. They told me to try again when Yesenia was working because they couldn't find her notes.

I called days later when Yesenia was working. I spoke to Alex who spoke to Yesenia. Alex told me the notes were in the system and apologized that the corporate rep could not find them. That, I was approved for an exchange. He told me to go back to the store and try again. I went back to the store and picked out a new mattress. The mattress was delivered today, 4 weeks after I reported that it was defective. The delivery guy's hands were dirty. When he was inspecting my old mattress, he left a 1/8th inch dirt smudge on the mattress. He then told me he had to call corporate. Corporate rejected my delivery of the new mattress because it was stained.

It was not stained. It was a tiny 1/8th inch dirt smudge from the delivery guy. At all times, I had the $80 top of the line mattress protector on the mattress, that I had purchased from Sit 'n Sleep. The delivery guys quickly left with my new mattress. I took a dry paper towel and wiped the smudge and it came right off. Not a wet paper towel, a dry one.

I called corporate and told them what happened and asked them to send back my new mattress as it had only been 5 minutes and the delivery guys were still on my street. They told me there is a 5 day wait period before I can even schedule to get my mattress, because I probably used a wet towel to clean it and it had to have time to dry. I told him I did NOT use a wet towel, it was dry. He said no exceptions. I had to wait another 5 days to call back. I asked for a supervisor. He said the supervisor does not take direct calls as she is busy calling back people who left messages. I left her a message. 2 defective mattresses and 2 months later, I still have no bed.

Sit 'n Sleep response

Gary - We are so sorry you had such a difficult experience with us. I hope our customer service team was able to rectify the situation. Please feel free to reach out if you are not satisfied with the resolution.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I bought a hybrid mattress and this new bed is much better than the one I had before. I’m happy when I’m asleep and when I’m waking up, I'm much happier. I like this mattress better than what we had before. When I made the purchase, location was a factor for me to choose Sit 'n Sleep and at least the service was average, not below average. But all in all, I’m extremely satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Make this a cautionary review of Sit 'n Sleep produce not the sales staff. When I went into the store in Rancho Cucamonga the salesperson greeted me, ask if it was my if time in the store. I explained I was a side sleeper and preferred my right side. He had me tested on the bed machine (Red, Blue, Green and Gold ratings) and was rated to be "Blue". The salesperson explained how the store was laid out by price and invited me to take my time and test the "blue' labeled beds and he would check back. I went about testing beds and after about 5 minutes he returned and ask if I had any questions, I ask about the differences in price, why some were deeper than others, why the stitching designs and if that affected the quality of sleep, did pillow tops change the firmness of the bed.

Without hesitation he answered each of my questions. I found the Kingsdown Bed the most comfortable. We sat down and wrote up the transaction and he explained every bit of the paperwork in detail from the warranty, sleep trail and set up and delivery date. Sunday, I got a call the day before the delivery to set a 3 hour delivery time. Monday, 45 minutes before delivery I got a call the delivery was on the way. The bed was delivered on time, they quick and efficient, in and out in ten minutes. I put on the bed dressing and that night laid in the bed. The middle section of the bed was firmer than the head or foot to the point my body was in a convex shape laying on my back or side.

About 2 am I bolted awake from a reflex reaction (the stomach is higher than the head) so the rest of the night I slept across the head section of the bed in a fetal position (I'm 6 ft. tall). Tuesday I called the store to talk to the salesperson and was told he would not be in until Wednesday. That night I slept in the guest room with over $1,000 of bed in the master I couldn't sleep on.

Wednesday, I go back to the store but the salesman is not in and I explain my problem, the bed I got was not the same as the display in the store, to a different salesman. His reply was, "The bed needed to be broken in". I told him the comfort of the bed in the store was extreme from what I had at home. He said, "The display bed had been on the floor for about 10 months and was broken in. Walk on the bed, jump up and down on it, get kids to jump up and down on it or got a bed topper from Costco. It could take 3 or 4 months to fully break the bed in".

I told him I would return the next day to speak to the original salesman. Again, another night of sleeping in the guest bedroom and a over $1,000 bed in the master can't use. Thursday, I returned, again explained my problem to the original salesman. Was reminded of the return and exchange policy I had signed. A $174 return fee and only an exchange. We finally agreed I could exchange the bed for the floor display if I did the exchange with my own truck. The display was stained so this would be the only exchange.

Again, another night sleeping in the guest bedroom and a over $1,000 bed in the master I can't use. I rented a truck and did the exchange the next day. So, in one week over a $1,000 gone out the window. No more Sit 'n Sleep and telling all of my friends, family and social media of my adventure of being taken by Sit 'n Sleep.

Original review: June 20, 2018

We purchased what we thought (New) mattress & box spring for $2,248.00 on June 16. June 20th DAMAGED FLOOR MODEL ARRIVED!!! OPEN BOX. I never heard the term "Floor model" when I gave David @ Sit 'n Sleep Oxnard, CA my credit card. This business is a CHEAT! They are a RIP OFF! Look at the images.

Original review: May 27, 2018

The bed frame from Sit 'n Sleep was recommended to us by a friend who also purchased from them and that's why we went with them. We purchased a full sized spring mattress for our son and the delivery went perfectly. He loves his bed. We've had it for six months now and its overall quality has been excellent.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We purchased a whole bed with a spring mattress from Sit 'n Sleep and the service that I got from them was really good, so I really appreciated that. I came in a couple of times and the gentleman that helped me was really nice and helpful, answered all my questions, and I felt no pressure. We’ve had our old bed for about ten years and this one is much better and softer. There are set times that I have to go to bed and wake up, so it’s all the same. But in terms of how I feel about sleeping, this is definitely more comfortable. I definitely would recommend Sit 'n Sleep.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Sit 'n Sleep is the company my mom purchases her beds from and she recommended it. We recently came back into the country and we purchased two queen size beds. Sit 'n Sleep is a very good quality bed. It's very firm and we definitely get good rest from it.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I've owned a Sit 'n Sleep bed for about 10 years and nothing was spectacular about it. It was a little overpriced too. After this one, I've bought other beds and haven't purchased from them.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I purchased a mattress for my 10-year old son at Sit 'n Sleep. They were local and it was the closest place to me and it had a selection of decent quality mattresses. The customer service was good, too. They delivered the mattress the next day and the delivery guys were great. All in all, everything went smoothly.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I had to see a chiropractor for a while and I was wondering what was going on. It turned out my old mattress was bad. I couldn’t sleep in very well and I kept having neck pains. I also had a lot of back pains from the dip in the bed. Now I am feeling a lot better. This new queen Sit 'n Sleep bed I got is a lot better. It’s firmer. My boyfriend had been the one who told me to go to Sit 'n Sleep first. I really wanted to go to Macy’s but he was a customer before and he said that Sit 'n Sleep has a really good warranty. When I went in, the salesperson told me, “You can go to Macy’s and we’ll wait for you ‘cause we know you’ll come back." "Let me save you the time.” He was so confident so I ended up staying and I purchased it there.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Our first set of mattresses began sagging in center and deemed defective after 6 months. We upgraded to more expensive set and 4 months later, we have a hole to crawl out of each morning. We both have severe shoulder pain from this and even though this is the second set of defective mattresses, Sit 'n Sleep's only response is to give us a store credit??? We want our money back, not your cheap mattresses!! Who's going to pay our doctor bills?? Terrible customer service! No matter where you call, you always speak to the same person, Keesha, who is absolutely no help at all. Obviously customer service is not a priority here. DO NOT BUY FROM SIT 'N SLEEP! RIP OFF!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We are very happy with the entire experience. Peter the sleep consultant was extremely patient, helpful and got us a great deal. The delivery drivers Kevin and Chris called about 30 minutes before they arrived. They were very professional, arrived on time, they put the permanent mattress cover on for us and had the old mattress out and the new one set up in a matter of minutes!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Just received our new mattress set. Salesman was very patient and knowledgeable and made the buying experience very pleasant. The delivery was done very cleanly and professionally. Kevin and Chris deserve a big thank you for their excellent service. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

What a great experience. From meeting our sales person Robert ** in the Commerce store to the installation form Kevin and Christian. I would recommend this to EVERYONE. Thank you Sit 'n Sleep. See you in 20 years when we need a new bed.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I was concerned that I might not be able to afford a new mattress or a box-spring but Sit 'n Sleep has a really good pricing. I purchased a memory foam mattress and a box-spring and they were within my budget. Then, the delivery was great. The guys were very helpful, very nice, courteous, and polite. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to take care of something because of the time that was originally given for the delivery window but they were able to make it earlier. It all worked out in the end and I was able to take care of what I needed to take care of. Also, I had my old bed for five or six years and it cannot compare with the new bed. The new one that I have is so much better and much more comfortable and I'm sleeping better.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I purchased Dreamfit Bamboo Sheets for Tempur-Pedic split king bed. Two sets costing almost $400. The sheets don't fit my bed and Sit 'n Sleep Culver City is not returning my calls. The sales person ordered the sheets from my original purchase profile. I expected better service.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I bought a frame, a Simmons Plush Foam mattress and the thing where the mattress sits on at Sit 'n Sleep. I got it a month ago and I bought everything brand new. It feels so much better and I sleep better now. I can sit down and it makes me fall asleep on it, that's how comfortable it is. My girlfriend was shopping for a new bed then. We were deciding on which bed was better to sleep and then we both liked the same bed. She had money first so she got it first. I tried to finance it through the financial credit thing and then I got credit and I ended up getting the same bed. It's been a great experience to lie on it and I'm so happy with my new bed. I would recommend it to anybody out there.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I planned to visit about four different store Sunday afternoon to shop around for a new mattress. This was my first stop. Lisa was the associate that assisted me. She was pleasant and knowledgeable. The delivery team: Kevin & Chris T56 were great. They were friendly, worked efficiently to set up my new bed set. I will definitely recommend this store and their delivery team to my family members.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Kevin and Chris were fast and efficient! Everything was put together perfectly. The previous day our order was messed up from a packaging flaw. But customer service handled it well and I’m happy that our experience today went as planned. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

The Simmons Beautysleep that I bought from Sit n Sleep for my daughter was a great mattress and she loves it. The price was very reasonable. I started to buy it online but I did not have a way online to not accept the box spring, which I didn't need. So I emailed Sit n Sleep and got a response from one of their representatives. He was a delightful gentleman. Then I called him on the phone and we worked out our deal.

Their delivery team arrived within the window they gave, and they were very conscientious in terms of being careful not to knock stuff off the walls. They were just top-drawer people. This has been one of the most pleasant retail experiences I have ever had. I've had some typical buying experiences and Sit n Sleep just jumped out of the crowd. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The old mattress that we've had for a couple of years was too soft for us. We got the base and mattress from Sit 'n Sleep for we wanted to try the bed mattress technology and see how will it work for us. So far, it has been good and the product has exceeded our expectations. It’s a good bed and we like it. Moreover, everybody was really helpful and professional. I really appreciated their effort in getting me accommodated.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Our house was burnt in the Thomas Fire that's why we purchased the bed from Sit n Sleep. The sales rep was excellent and very informative. The delivery was wonderful as well. Everything was perfect and our experience was completely positive. We love our mattress. It was a very expensive gel type but it was worth every penny.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We’ve had a futon mattress for five years and it was terrible compared to the bed frame and mattress we got from Sit ‘n Sleep. We now get much better support and comfort using our new bed. It's doing what we expected. Also, we had a good experience with the sales rep who worked with us. Sit ‘n Sleep was the first place we stopped, and with such experience, we went ahead with it. It’s easy and no hassle.

Sit 'n Sleep Company Information

14300 S. Main St.
Gardena
1-800-908-0354
Fax:
310-604-8903
www.sitnsleep.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.