2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.7/5 (297 ratings)

About Sit 'n Sleep

Sit 'n Sleep is a mattress superstore located in Southern California. For over 35 years, Sit 'n Sleep has dedicated their focus to finding consumers the perfect mattress based on their individual wants and needs. The Sit 'n Sleep consultants are continuously researching sleep health and attend various training courses on an ongoing basis. Sit 'n Sleep carries all major mattress brands in addition to bedroom furniture, bed linens and pillows.

Sit 'n Sleep Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sit 'n Sleep?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sit 'n Sleep?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Very good experience. They observed Covid protocols by giving us a pellon sheet to place on the beds before laying on them. There was absolutely no pressure to purchase. We weren't planning on a purchase that day, but did so anyway. Delivery was spot on! Arrived and set up right on schedule.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Lisa ** was extremely helpful in assisting us in choosing the right bed and adjustable system for the mattress. She also helped us with pillows. We ended up with the Nectar Lush and it has fallen a little short of our expectations. It was much firmer than we anticipated, so we've purchased a 2" foam topper that has helped. My wife had done some preliminary research and asked to see the Nectar mattress first, perhaps we should have looked into some others. But the staff at the store was excellent and delivery guys were very good as well. Sit'N Sleep got 5 stars, the product got 4.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

During Covid, it's impossible to get something like a bed delivered in a reasonable time frame. Sit 'n Sleep helped me place the order online, gave me a discount, and delivered the next day. The bed is amazingly comfortable, and even my husband is pleased (a rare thing). I would give Sit 'n Sleep the highest rating possible.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I was in the market for two twin mattresses. When I walked in I was greeted by Alan, who turned out to be one of the best sales people I’ve ever dealt with. He was extremely knowledgeable, funny and was able to meet and exceed all of my expectations. I have already referred 3 people to Alan because of his amazing work.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

When we bought a hybrid mattress, we had a great sales rep and delivery service. But when we first got our mattress, the box spring was too high. Even the delivery guy recommended getting the low-profile ones and to call Sit 'n Sleep back. The delivery people came in and switched them out. It was really easy. The mattress is good and it's comfortable. It took me a couple of weeks to get used to it but I'm fine now.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Beyond disappointed that Sit 'n Sleep does not actually allow you to 'return' a mattress for a refund. They only let you 'exchange' it for a 20% restocking fee. That means I have to pay them 20% and ALSO buy a new mattress from them. I feel totally held hostage by this policy as they do not carry the mattress that I now want. They need to rename their return policy to 'exchange policy'... or maybe go with something like the "Rest Assured Promise" as the Mattress Firm does rather than imply the returns for a refund are possible.

They say they will beat anyone's advertised price, or my mattress is FREE. This is also ** as the contract with suppliers to rebrand the mattresses for their stores only. Try finding a Sealy "Malibu Palms, Carmel Creek, Estero or Bixby" or a Beautyrest "Mandevile, Cruz Bay, or Cocoa Beach" at any other mattress store. You can't! If they really want to beat anyone's advertised price, they should also include anyone's return policy and count Costco as a competitor. You can always return mattresses at Costco for a full refund. You are better off taking your chances on a Costco mattress. You'll sleep better knowing that Costco has your back!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

This review focuses on Sit N Sleep's online shopping experience and says nothing of their product quality. In short, Sit N Sleep maintains a poor, confusing, and bordering on dishonest, online shopping experience. Many mattress and furniture businesses have scaled their digital buying experience so that shoppers can receive an estimated delivery date at some point in their shopping session. For example, when buying a bed at Costco, you are given an estimated delivery date by the end of checkout. If a particular product is not in stock or backlogged, the shopper is made aware of it and prevented from adding the item to their shopping cart in the first place. Simple and intuitive, right?

This is not the case with Sit N Sleep. On Sit N Sleep's website, the shopper can outright purchase items that are out of stock. To make matters worse, the shopper is not made aware of this at any point within their shopping session. The shopper only finds out about this small but significant detail AFTER THEY HAVE COMPLETED THEIR PURCHASE. Several hours after the purchase has been finalized, Sit N Sleep will shoot out an email informing the buyer that so and so product is unavailable and when it is expected to be restocked (usually a few weeks out). The buyer is allowed to adjust / exchange their purchase but must reach out to a salesperson by phone / web in order to do so.

Purchasing a mattress is not a small, inconsequential decision. There is generally a lot of thought that gets invested into the purchase. I personally like performing a certain amount of due diligence, poring over user reviews, and consulting with friends and family, before deciding. It is certainly not a good feeling to have gone through this personal shopping ritual, to go as far as making the purchase, then be slammed with "whoops... we don't have this thing that we sold to you..." @ Sit N Sleep. It is a simple fix. Just bake in the delay times and backlogged item status to your online sales system, similar to how the other big-brand retailers (Costco, Amazon, Best Buy, every big-brand retailer but Sit N Sleep) are doing it.

Original review: July 6, 2021

The installers left a mess of the house with box material all over the floors. Additionally, the bunkie boards we ordered did not fit the bead frame! When I tried to return them, I was told that I would not receive a full refund. They will charge a 20% restocking fee even if you never used their product! They didn't respond to any of my emails about this issue. I'll never do business with Sit 'n Sleep again, and I strongly advise all other buyers to be wary of purchasing from this company.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Customer service good, different option. It's great but I will say the pricing are somewhat high. But everything else it's okay. I would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants variety opinions.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I purchased a box spring and mattress in 2017 for my son. Recently found out that the bed was sagging and box spring frame was broken. I called my go-to neighborhood Sit 'n Sleep where I've purchased for many years. Unfortunately they no longer deal with Sherwood product (falling out) and they gave me a number to call for the warranty/claims. It's like jumping through hoops, trying to get someone on the phone for Sherwood.

After a week of trying and finally getting someone to email me, they sent an inspector to review the items. I then received an email with approval for new mattress and box spring, but I would need to pay for shipping from Arizona + added removal of old items via mail along with the tags. At this current Covid time, I'm finding myself in a financial hardship with one person working in the home since March of last year. I reached back to Sit n Sleep to speak with a supervisor, but she's been in training and will be for the remaining week. I'm stuck and my son continues to sleep on the floor.

Sit 'n Sleep response

According to our records - this has been taken care of. Guest was given an exchange.

Sit 'n Sleep Company Information