4.12/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sit 'n Sleep is a mattress superstore located in Southern California. For over 35 years, Sit 'n Sleep has dedicated their focus to finding consumers the perfect mattress based on their individual wants and needs. The Sit 'n Sleep consultants are continuously researching sleep health and attend various training courses on an ongoing basis. Sit 'n Sleep carries all major mattress brands in addition to bedroom furniture, bed linens and pillows.

228 Sit 'n Sleep Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 3, 2019

I'm a single mom Private Eye who decided to buy a nice bed for my daughter and I. We went with the King Koil. Within a few months, the material was coming apart. It was inspected and denied. Frustrating! I just spent almost two grand! I then contacted Adan **, a Sit N Sleep Customer Service Representative. He was so warm, professional, prompt and efficient. I want to hire him! He respectfully asked for better pictures and discussed the case in detail with me. He was able to resolve this matter with the manufacturer for me in no time. I cannot express enough how comforting it is to know that some businesses still aim to please their clients and that it's not all about money. For that, I will be back to buy more and will refer the hundreds of attorneys I work with to them for great beds and customer service. Adan should be promoted.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I went to sit n sleep in La Puente. Just like everyone else I dreaded buying a new bed. Our salesperson was Nicole Padilla, the store manager. She turned the headache of buying a mattress into an awesome, fun experience. We test rode our mattress for a few weeks and decided it wasn't for us so today I went back to exchange for another style mattress. Once again Nicole helped us out. We explained what we didn't like about the first mattress and she directed us to a hybrid mattress which addressed all of our comfort concerns. Our new bed arrives next week and they will pick up the old one. No hidden fees, no hassle exchange.

I would highly recommend going to the La Puente store if you are looking to buy a new bed. Their performance and attention to detail is beyond measure. Thanks.

Sit 'n Sleep response
Hi Steve, Thanks so much for the kind words about your experience in our Puente Hills store with Nicole. She is amazing and we are lucky to have her on our team. We really do appreciate this wonderful feedback!! SLEEP WELL!!!!

Customer Service

Original review: March 6, 2019

I had a horrible experience with Living Spaces, so I tried Sit ‘n Sleep. Mike, the gentleman who helped us out in the store, was very helpful. He gave us five options to choose from, the different types of mattresses and didn’t do the hard sale nor push one over another. He let us come up with our decision and so, I appreciate him. He was very knowledgeable and it was a great experience with him. The mattress was delivered to me and the delivery experience was outstanding. My old bed did not have as much rigidness that I need and I have better sleep with Sit ‘n Sleep.

Hi James,
Thanks so much for the kind words about your experience with Mike in the Torrance store. We sincerely appreciate receiving this feedback.

SLEEP WELL!!!

Respectfully,

Customer Service

Original review: March 5, 2019

We bought a king-size and a queen-size bed from Sit ‘n Sleep. The old mattresses were worn out so, the new mattresses were awesome. Now, I sleep through the whole night. I have no more backaches. The two gentlemen we worked with were knowledgeable and when we told them what our problems were, they knew exactly what we needed. However, I wasn’t happy with the delivery guys when the first bed was delivered. They scraped a lot of walls going up my stairs. On the other hand, the second set of guys were good.

Sit 'n Sleep response

Hi Tamara, Thanks for the kind words about the store experience :> We sincerely value this feedback and will address your delivery issues with the first delivery team.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I purchased a bed at Sit 'n Sleep 15 years ago and I was treated pretty well when I was there. So, I decided to go back and I went there looking for a Tempur-Pedic bed. Bob, the salesman who spoke with me, was fantastic. He was helpful and informative. He really knows his stuff and he wanted to make sure that I was happy and comfortable, not just physically but monetarily as well. He had all kinds of great suggestions. He gave me a lot of tips that I hadn't even considered and when I did, I realized how valuable they were. He acted as if I was the only customer that he has ever had and that sold me. He said that he would be happy to sell me a Tempur-Pedic bed, but he wanted me to know what was out there and suggested that I take a look at all the different beds.

I ended up buying a different bed and I purchased a memory foam bed that goes up and down, and all around. The folks who came in to set the bed up for me were in and out in two seconds and they did a really good job. It's a great bed and I love it. I can't wait to get to bed at night. The whole experience has been really good and I would do it again. In fact, I've even told my daughter and her husband, as well as a couple of my friends at church, about the great customer service I had with Sit 'n Sleep and they claimed that they're gonna go and take a look there too.

Sit 'n Sleep response
Hi Albert - thanks for this feedback - we really appreciate it.

Sleep Well!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sit 'n Sleep?

Original review: April 27, 2019

Sit 'n Sleep: Beds and more for bedroom - sleeping. Superb sales, reps, furniture. Delivery to my specs. Day/time I requested. They came, took out the old - and away in truck. Brought in new and set it up. EXTREMELY GOOD. Will purchase from them again. Quality products.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Sit ‘n Sleep is right down the street and we purchased three beds from them. When we approached customer service, they were amazing and they followed through all the way to the end. Plus, the delivery was excellent. The new mattresses are comfortable and everything is working out perfectly.

Original review: March 28, 2019

My old mattress was broken down badly. A friend of mind got online, checked mattresses out, found the Sit ‘n Sleep mattress, and we bought it. The people from Sit ‘n Sleep delivered the mattress when they said they would. I've had this new mattress for three weeks now and I sleep on it.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I believe this was available when I purchased my Mattress, yet it was not offered. So I used my credit card and am paying interest. I responded to your previous survey and noted this fact and received no contact or response. I don't imagine I will hear from you this time either.

Original review: March 17, 2019

My wife and I had not replaced our mattress for many years. We were extremely pleased with the professionalism of the salesman, Marshall. We used the mattress selection machine that tells you precisely which type of mattress to select. This was very helpful as it guided us to the perfect mattress. We are very pleased in every aspect of the selection, delivery, and sleeping on this wonderful mattress. We would most definitely recommend Sit 'n Sleep to our friends and we have.

Sit 'n Sleep response
Hi Howard, We are very happy that your experience in our Agoura Hills store was up to your expectations and we really appreciate this feedback!!
SLEEP WELL!!

Original review: March 17, 2019

This was my second experience with Sit N Sleep. I ordered with ease over the internet. Delivery was on time. Delivery people were polite and helpful. Everyone was very professional. They made sure I was happy with everything before they left. A very good experience. I will recommend and use Sit N Sleep again.

Sit 'n Sleep response
Hi Charlene - thanks for the kind words about our process - we really do appreciate the feedback!!

Original review: March 17, 2019

This was the only mattress store that I felt comfortable in. The salesperson was very knowledgeable about the products. I felt guided to the right product without being pushed. The price was fair. Delivery was on time and the deliveryman called to let us know just when they would be there. Installation was quick and clean.

Hi Jim,
We thank you for this nice review about our process and are very happy that you are happy!!

SLEEP WELL!!!!!

Original review: March 17, 2019

I really enjoyed my experience while searching for a mattress at Sit N Sleep, Commerce, Ca. Our sales rep was great. He was very knowledgeable on the different mattresses in the showroom and even better, he never pressured us into anything. He explained the differences and left us alone a bit to let us make a selection on our own. He did check in with us on and off but didn't rush or pressure us. Delivery day went smoothly as well. Great job!

Sit 'n Sleep response

Hi Caroline, We really appreciate this feedback!! We are very pleased that you were satisfied with your experience in our Commerce store and with delivery!! SLEEP WELL!!!

Original review: March 17, 2019

In store service and delivery was exceptional! There was a defect on the base and the reporting/replacement was incredibly easy. The delivery driver took pictures of the defect and said that he would report it. Customer service contacted me 5 minutes after they left. Awesome!

Hi Michael,
First - I'm sorry that the product wasn't perfect - but I'm happy that all worked out well and that we were able to provide you with the type of service that met your needs. We really do appreciate this feedback!!
SLEEP WELL!!!

Sit 'n Sleep

Original review: March 16, 2019

Box spring was coming apart at bottom at dust screen. Had to restaple myself. Was disappointed that mattress was not reversible for equal wear. Can only use on one side. Salesman did not point this out and did not think to ask.

Sit 'n Sleep response

Hi Ramon, We haven't sold reversible mattresses for years - they have been out of the conversation for a while now. You can rotate the mattress (in fact it's encouraged) from head-to-toe every few months - this will ensure that both sides (left and right) receive even wear. That said, we are not happy that you had to repair your box spring. We'd be happy to swap that out for you. I will send you my contact information on a private response - please contact me so that we can set that up. Thanks! Peter Janis from Sit 'n Sleep

Original review: March 15, 2019

What an easy process it was to buy a mattress and frame for my daughter. Our salesman was patient and funny with our very indecisive teenager, and made the entire process painless. We would highly recommend shopping at Sit 'n Sleep!

Sit 'n Sleep response
Hi Erin, We are so glad that your experience in our Santa Clarita store was a positive one and that the process was painless :> We hope your teenager enjoys many years of wonderful sleep on the King Koil mattress!!!! Thanks for this review and for this feedback!!
Sincerely,

Customer Service

Original review: March 14, 2019

I ordered an $8,000 bed and a whole bunch of Gore-Tex covers from Sit 'n Sleep. I'm extremely satisfied with the products that I purchased. And the bed affected my sleep in a very positive way. Other than that, I had an amazing interaction with the Sit 'n Sleep sales rep. She was friendly, thorough, scientific and not pushy. She made me feel comfortable. The delivery team was also good.

Sit 'n Sleep response

Hi Jeanie, First - thank you for your business!! Second, Thanks for this feedback about the product, sales process and delivery - we wish you many many years of wonderful sleep on your new Aireloom mattress and King Koil adjustable base. And your salesperson Jennifer is indeed friendly and thorough - but I will pass your kind words on to her! SLEEP WELL!!!!

Customer Service

Original review: March 8, 2019

I bought a queen-sized mattress from Sit 'n Sleep. The guys who delivered the mattress were great. Since using the Sit 'n Sleep mattress, I've noticed changes in my sleep big time. I'm very well satisfied and happy with it.

Sit 'n Sleep response
Hi Dianne, Thanks so much for this review :> We really appreciate the Feedback!!
SLEEP WELL!!

Customer Service

Original review: March 7, 2019

I liked the price of Sit 'n Sleep and I bought a mattress and an adjustable frame from them. The sales rep was helpful and it was good interacting with him. During delivery, the reps got it upstairs with no problems. The new mattress is much better than my old one and I seem to sleep better. The experience was very good.

Sit 'n Sleep response
Hi Preston! Thanks so much for the nice review and this feedback! We are happy that you are happy and wish that you continue to SLEEP WELL!!!

Customer Service

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

My wife and I purchased a 3 thousand dollar Airloom mattress from Sit 'n Sleep in 2015 just hitting the 5 mark. The mattress was amazing the first year yet we noticed as the months passed we were having to rotate the mattress more often than we should. Fast forward today... I'm now suffering more and more from chronic back and neck pains at that start of the morning when getting out of bed. Since there is a 10 year warranty on the mattress we decided to call Sit 'n Sleep to see if we could have the mattress inspected. A technician came out on site and validated the mattress is well in the specs of a replacement and would file his report back to Sit 'n Sleep.

We called Sit 'n Sleep for an update and were told that the technician made note of a small stain and that I need to call the mattress protector sheet we purchased from Sit 'n Sleep and that they would need to clean it the mattress first and would insure the mattress. Keep in mind the technician took NO pictures so now it's a he said she said finger pointing game. I called again hoping to speak to someone else with less attitude since the rep would not allow me to speak to a manager and this time I was told If we pay to have it clean Sit 'n Sleep would send someone out to re-inspect but would cost $68.00 and that they still might not honor the warranty since it's their discretion...

As a Marine Corps Veteran I dealt with a lot of push back and nastiness throughout my tour, but having to get put through the wringer on something like this is insane. I get the feeling that rules are being made just to differ me from pleading a case with Sit 'n Sleep. This has gotten to a point to where it feels like I'm dealing with an insurance company who doesn't want to cover something they agreed to cover. It's sad when the only way to get through to them is to post a complaint.

A complaint I already went over with 2 different customer service reps. I want those out there that are reviewing who to buy mattresses from to read this and be warned of the fallout you have to deal with to get a fair compliance to a warranty that clearly was pushed by their sales teams when purchasing. As of now my case is still open and will probably never reach corporate since they hide their information from us consumers... Larry has officially let me down and laid me to rest.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Every morning for the past few months my husband and I have been grumbling that we need a new bed. This afternoon, when I stumbled on the paperwork from the purchase of our bed, I was appalled to find out that it was delivered to us only 27 months ago - on Oct 2, 2016. I just asked my husband how old he thought the bed is. He said 7 years. When I said "try again" he said 5 or 6 years. We were not very happy with this bed in the first place. Unfortunately we went back to the store about a month after the 60 day trial period. The salesman said there was nothing he could do. When we went back a second time, he suggested that we get a foam pad and eventually the bed would soften up.

So we spent about $150 on a good foam pad and additional money on deeper pocket sheets that would fit over the pad and tried that for about 15 to 18 months. The bed was better, but not really comfortable with the foam pad. And now without it, the bed is downright UNCOMFORTABLE. After (or possible during) the Northridge Earthquake in January 1994, we realized that our water bed had to go. Since then, we have purchased all our beds at Sit 'n Sleep. We were always happy with our purchases, comfort and customer service until this current bed.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I was assured by salesperson D. ** on 12/2/2018, that the Two Memory Foam Pillows and two Mattress Protectors were FREE. Yet on the receipt, I was charged $510 for the Mattress Protectors and $119.98 for the Pillows. After reading over 200 complaints and negative reviews I canceled the delivery of all merchandise and put a STOP payment on my check. 12/3/2018. Due to the misrepresentation and lies. On 12/3/18 the manager offered me a credit of approx. $300. I refused. I told him that was not acceptable since I was charged a great deal more. When I told him I canceled the delivery and put a stop payment, he said, "You wasted both of out time." The contract states that "All Sales are Final Upon Delivery," the merchandise was never delivered or received by me. If I'm found responsible for this debt, I would rather the debt go into my credit report, rather than giving these people the satisfaction of continued misrepresentation.

I don't trust or want any merchandise from this Sit n Sleep, Studio City store. After reading complaints, I don't trust that they will give me NEW, quality, Firm, memory foam mattresses. I do not want used floor models. I do not want overpriced Pillows & Mattress Protectors. They do not honor their advertisement, that they will honor a lower price at other stores. I had a positive experience on 12/5/18 from Sit n Sleep, Burbank 91502, from the store manager, Vicki **. No lies. No misrepresentation. I purchased one Queen Chocolate Nutmeg Platform Bed.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I had a good experience at Sit 'n Sleep and I'd tell others to use them as well. I chose the Sit 'n Sleep mattress due to advertising and the fact that it's local. It's a Stearns & Foster and I absolutely like the quality so far. I’ve only used it for a couple of weeks and it's better than my old mattress. I had that for about six and a half years and it wore out. Plus I had some back problems before and that's a little bit better now.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We bought our mattress and bought the adjustable with it. Salesperson, brand new to SNS, did NOT tell my husband the adjustable wasn't returnable. He/we, would never have taken it home had we known if we didn't like it, it could go back. Spent a ton of money, don't like it, can't return. This is such bad business! You'll take a mattress you will take back and destroy, but not a mechanical item you can resell?

Rubbish! We will never shop with this company again! I'll be on FB this weekend to tell all the issues we had. The beds that were on sale, gone, the tags that said black Friday blowout? REGULAR PRICES!!! Salesperson admitted it. Fraudulent advertising. Never, ever will I recommend this company nor shop there again. Figured Larry would be honest and a good deal, Larry's sign says, 100% satisfaction guaranteed... not on ANYTHING but the mattress with a 20% restock fee! That isn't a restock. They destroy it. I wanted to return our adjustable and get a custom box spring. They said they told us it was non-refundable. They did not. We're stuck with it and I'm highly pissed off.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Sit 'n Sleep is a convenient location. I purchased my previous mattress at the same place and I had it for 10 years. This time, I got a mattress as well and it was easy to make the purchase. They were very helpful.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was shopping for an affordable queen size mattress and the salespeople at the Santa Monica store made my experience really easy and were able to direct me to the best mattress in my price range. They were very knowledgeable about all of their products and worked hard to make sure I left happy.

Sit 'n Sleep response

Hi Suzy - thanks very much for the kind words - we wish you many years of wonderful sleep on your new mattress.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Please forward this email to a corporate supervisor. I purchased a mattress a couple months ago. When it was delivered, it was defective. Sagging. I had to pay a restocking fee to get another mattress, even though this one was approved as defective. I received a second mattress a month ago. It was defective. The main seam stitching was unraveling exposing the mattress material underneath. The day I received it, I took pictures, spoke to Yesenia at corporate. She said to email her pictures, she would send to the manufacturer and would get back to me. She sent me an email confirming she received my pictures. Weeks went by, no follow up by Yesenia. I called her. She approved another mattress exchange and, this time, said I would not have to pay a restock fee.

Last week, I went into the Laguna Hills store. Salesman Michael ** greeted me warmly. When he found out I was there for an exchange, he was immediately not happy and no longer friendly. He said "we are very busy today, this is not a good day for an exchange, you should try another day and you should go back to the store you purchased it from". I said I was told by Yesenia that I could go to any store. He was rude and frustrated and called corporate. Corporate could not find Yesenia's notes. Corporate told him they had not received my pictures of the defective mattress (I have an email from Yesenia 4 weeks prior confirming receipt of my pictures). Corporate and Michael ** told me they could not help me. I had to leave with no mattress. They told me to try again when Yesenia was working because they couldn't find her notes.

I called days later when Yesenia was working. I spoke to Alex who spoke to Yesenia. Alex told me the notes were in the system and apologized that the corporate rep could not find them. That, I was approved for an exchange. He told me to go back to the store and try again. I went back to the store and picked out a new mattress. The mattress was delivered today, 4 weeks after I reported that it was defective. The delivery guy's hands were dirty. When he was inspecting my old mattress, he left a 1/8th inch dirt smudge on the mattress. He then told me he had to call corporate. Corporate rejected my delivery of the new mattress because it was stained.

It was not stained. It was a tiny 1/8th inch dirt smudge from the delivery guy. At all times, I had the $80 top of the line mattress protector on the mattress, that I had purchased from Sit 'n Sleep. The delivery guys quickly left with my new mattress. I took a dry paper towel and wiped the smudge and it came right off. Not a wet paper towel, a dry one.

I called corporate and told them what happened and asked them to send back my new mattress as it had only been 5 minutes and the delivery guys were still on my street. They told me there is a 5 day wait period before I can even schedule to get my mattress, because I probably used a wet towel to clean it and it had to have time to dry. I told him I did NOT use a wet towel, it was dry. He said no exceptions. I had to wait another 5 days to call back. I asked for a supervisor. He said the supervisor does not take direct calls as she is busy calling back people who left messages. I left her a message. 2 defective mattresses and 2 months later, I still have no bed.

Sit 'n Sleep response

Gary - We are so sorry you had such a difficult experience with us. I hope our customer service team was able to rectify the situation. Please feel free to reach out if you are not satisfied with the resolution.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I bought a hybrid mattress and this new bed is much better than the one I had before. I’m happy when I’m asleep and when I’m waking up, I'm much happier. I like this mattress better than what we had before. When I made the purchase, location was a factor for me to choose Sit 'n Sleep and at least the service was average, not below average. But all in all, I’m extremely satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Make this a cautionary review of Sit 'n Sleep produce not the sales staff. When I went into the store in Rancho Cucamonga the salesperson greeted me, ask if it was my if time in the store. I explained I was a side sleeper and preferred my right side. He had me tested on the bed machine (Red, Blue, Green and Gold ratings) and was rated to be "Blue". The salesperson explained how the store was laid out by price and invited me to take my time and test the "blue' labeled beds and he would check back. I went about testing beds and after about 5 minutes he returned and ask if I had any questions, I ask about the differences in price, why some were deeper than others, why the stitching designs and if that affected the quality of sleep, did pillow tops change the firmness of the bed.

Without hesitation he answered each of my questions. I found the Kingsdown Bed the most comfortable. We sat down and wrote up the transaction and he explained every bit of the paperwork in detail from the warranty, sleep trail and set up and delivery date. Sunday, I got a call the day before the delivery to set a 3 hour delivery time. Monday, 45 minutes before delivery I got a call the delivery was on the way. The bed was delivered on time, they quick and efficient, in and out in ten minutes. I put on the bed dressing and that night laid in the bed. The middle section of the bed was firmer than the head or foot to the point my body was in a convex shape laying on my back or side.

About 2 am I bolted awake from a reflex reaction (the stomach is higher than the head) so the rest of the night I slept across the head section of the bed in a fetal position (I'm 6 ft. tall). Tuesday I called the store to talk to the salesperson and was told he would not be in until Wednesday. That night I slept in the guest room with over $1,000 of bed in the master I couldn't sleep on.

Wednesday, I go back to the store but the salesman is not in and I explain my problem, the bed I got was not the same as the display in the store, to a different salesman. His reply was, "The bed needed to be broken in". I told him the comfort of the bed in the store was extreme from what I had at home. He said, "The display bed had been on the floor for about 10 months and was broken in. Walk on the bed, jump up and down on it, get kids to jump up and down on it or got a bed topper from Costco. It could take 3 or 4 months to fully break the bed in".

I told him I would return the next day to speak to the original salesman. Again, another night of sleeping in the guest bedroom and a over $1,000 bed in the master can't use. Thursday, I returned, again explained my problem to the original salesman. Was reminded of the return and exchange policy I had signed. A $174 return fee and only an exchange. We finally agreed I could exchange the bed for the floor display if I did the exchange with my own truck. The display was stained so this would be the only exchange.

Again, another night sleeping in the guest bedroom and a over $1,000 bed in the master I can't use. I rented a truck and did the exchange the next day. So, in one week over a $1,000 gone out the window. No more Sit 'n Sleep and telling all of my friends, family and social media of my adventure of being taken by Sit 'n Sleep.

Original review: June 20, 2018

We purchased what we thought (New) mattress & box spring for $2,248.00 on June 16. June 20th DAMAGED FLOOR MODEL ARRIVED!!! OPEN BOX. I never heard the term "Floor model" when I gave David @ Sit 'n Sleep Oxnard, CA my credit card. This business is a CHEAT! They are a RIP OFF! Look at the images.

Sit 'n Sleep Company Information