Call toll free
3.43/5
Based on 182 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sit 'n Sleep is a mattress superstore located in Southern California. For over 35 years, Sit 'n Sleep has dedicated their focus to finding consumers the perfect mattress based on their individual wants and needs. The Sit 'n Sleep consultants are continuously researching sleep health and attend various training courses on an ongoing basis. Sit 'n Sleep carries all major mattress brands in addition to bedroom furniture, bed linens and pillows.

202 Sit 'n Sleep Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We bought our mattress and bought the adjustable with it. Salesperson, brand new to SNS, did NOT tell my husband the adjustable wasn't returnable. He/we, would never have taken it home had we known if we didn't like it, it could go back. Spent a ton of money, don't like it, can't return. This is such bad business! You'll take a mattress you will take back and destroy, but not a mechanical item you can resell?

Rubbish! We will never shop with this company again! I'll be on FB this weekend to tell all the issues we had. The beds that were on sale, gone, the tags that said black Friday blowout? REGULAR PRICES!!! Salesperson admitted it. Fraudulent advertising. Never, ever will I recommend this company nor shop there again. Figured Larry would be honest and a good deal, Larry's sign says, 100% satisfaction guaranteed... not on ANYTHING but the mattress with a 20% restock fee! That isn't a restock. They destroy it. I wanted to return our adjustable and get a custom box spring. They said they told us it was non-refundable. They did not. We're stuck with it and I'm highly pissed off.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was shopping for an affordable queen size mattress and the salespeople at the Santa Monica store made my experience really easy and were able to direct me to the best mattress in my price range. They were very knowledgeable about all of their products and worked hard to make sure I left happy.

Sit 'n Sleep response

Hi Suzy - thanks very much for the kind words - we wish you many years of wonderful sleep on your new mattress.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Please forward this email to a corporate supervisor. I purchased a mattress a couple months ago. When it was delivered, it was defective. Sagging. I had to pay a restocking fee to get another mattress, even though this one was approved as defective. I received a second mattress a month ago. It was defective. The main seam stitching was unraveling exposing the mattress material underneath. The day I received it, I took pictures, spoke to Yesenia at corporate. She said to email her pictures, she would send to the manufacturer and would get back to me. She sent me an email confirming she received my pictures. Weeks went by, no follow up by Yesenia. I called her. She approved another mattress exchange and, this time, said I would not have to pay a restock fee.

Last week, I went into the Laguna Hills store. Salesman Michael ** greeted me warmly. When he found out I was there for an exchange, he was immediately not happy and no longer friendly. He said "we are very busy today, this is not a good day for an exchange, you should try another day and you should go back to the store you purchased it from". I said I was told by Yesenia that I could go to any store. He was rude and frustrated and called corporate. Corporate could not find Yesenia's notes. Corporate told him they had not received my pictures of the defective mattress (I have an email from Yesenia 4 weeks prior confirming receipt of my pictures). Corporate and Michael ** told me they could not help me. I had to leave with no mattress. They told me to try again when Yesenia was working because they couldn't find her notes.

I called days later when Yesenia was working. I spoke to Alex who spoke to Yesenia. Alex told me the notes were in the system and apologized that the corporate rep could not find them. That, I was approved for an exchange. He told me to go back to the store and try again. I went back to the store and picked out a new mattress. The mattress was delivered today, 4 weeks after I reported that it was defective. The delivery guy's hands were dirty. When he was inspecting my old mattress, he left a 1/8th inch dirt smudge on the mattress. He then told me he had to call corporate. Corporate rejected my delivery of the new mattress because it was stained.

It was not stained. It was a tiny 1/8th inch dirt smudge from the delivery guy. At all times, I had the $80 top of the line mattress protector on the mattress, that I had purchased from Sit 'n Sleep. The delivery guys quickly left with my new mattress. I took a dry paper towel and wiped the smudge and it came right off. Not a wet paper towel, a dry one.

I called corporate and told them what happened and asked them to send back my new mattress as it had only been 5 minutes and the delivery guys were still on my street. They told me there is a 5 day wait period before I can even schedule to get my mattress, because I probably used a wet towel to clean it and it had to have time to dry. I told him I did NOT use a wet towel, it was dry. He said no exceptions. I had to wait another 5 days to call back. I asked for a supervisor. He said the supervisor does not take direct calls as she is busy calling back people who left messages. I left her a message. 2 defective mattresses and 2 months later, I still have no bed.

Sit 'n Sleep response

Gary - We are so sorry you had such a difficult experience with us. I hope our customer service team was able to rectify the situation. Please feel free to reach out if you are not satisfied with the resolution.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Make this a cautionary review of Sit 'n Sleep produce not the sales staff. When I went into the store in Rancho Cucamonga the salesperson greeted me, ask if it was my if time in the store. I explained I was a side sleeper and preferred my right side. He had me tested on the bed machine (Red, Blue, Green and Gold ratings) and was rated to be "Blue". The salesperson explained how the store was laid out by price and invited me to take my time and test the "blue' labeled beds and he would check back. I went about testing beds and after about 5 minutes he returned and ask if I had any questions, I ask about the differences in price, why some were deeper than others, why the stitching designs and if that affected the quality of sleep, did pillow tops change the firmness of the bed.

Without hesitation he answered each of my questions. I found the Kingsdown Bed the most comfortable. We sat down and wrote up the transaction and he explained every bit of the paperwork in detail from the warranty, sleep trail and set up and delivery date. Sunday, I got a call the day before the delivery to set a 3 hour delivery time. Monday, 45 minutes before delivery I got a call the delivery was on the way. The bed was delivered on time, they quick and efficient, in and out in ten minutes. I put on the bed dressing and that night laid in the bed. The middle section of the bed was firmer than the head or foot to the point my body was in a convex shape laying on my back or side.

About 2 am I bolted awake from a reflex reaction (the stomach is higher than the head) so the rest of the night I slept across the head section of the bed in a fetal position (I'm 6 ft. tall). Tuesday I called the store to talk to the salesperson and was told he would not be in until Wednesday. That night I slept in the guest room with over $1,000 of bed in the master I couldn't sleep on.

Wednesday, I go back to the store but the salesman is not in and I explain my problem, the bed I got was not the same as the display in the store, to a different salesman. His reply was, "The bed needed to be broken in". I told him the comfort of the bed in the store was extreme from what I had at home. He said, "The display bed had been on the floor for about 10 months and was broken in. Walk on the bed, jump up and down on it, get kids to jump up and down on it or got a bed topper from Costco. It could take 3 or 4 months to fully break the bed in".

I told him I would return the next day to speak to the original salesman. Again, another night of sleeping in the guest bedroom and a over $1,000 bed in the master can't use. Thursday, I returned, again explained my problem to the original salesman. Was reminded of the return and exchange policy I had signed. A $174 return fee and only an exchange. We finally agreed I could exchange the bed for the floor display if I did the exchange with my own truck. The display was stained so this would be the only exchange.

Again, another night sleeping in the guest bedroom and a over $1,000 bed in the master I can't use. I rented a truck and did the exchange the next day. So, in one week over a $1,000 gone out the window. No more Sit 'n Sleep and telling all of my friends, family and social media of my adventure of being taken by Sit 'n Sleep.

Original review: June 20, 2018

We purchased what we thought (New) mattress & box spring for $2,248.00 on June 16. June 20th DAMAGED FLOOR MODEL ARRIVED!!! OPEN BOX. I never heard the term "Floor model" when I gave David @ Sit 'n Sleep Oxnard, CA my credit card. This business is a CHEAT! They are a RIP OFF! Look at the images.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sit 'n Sleep?

Original review: May 27, 2018

The bed frame from Sit 'n Sleep was recommended to us by a friend who also purchased from them and that's why we went with them. We purchased a full sized spring mattress for our son and the delivery went perfectly. He loves his bed. We've had it for six months now and its overall quality has been excellent.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We purchased a whole bed with a spring mattress from Sit 'n Sleep and the service that I got from them was really good, so I really appreciated that. I came in a couple of times and the gentleman that helped me was really nice and helpful, answered all my questions, and I felt no pressure. We’ve had our old bed for about ten years and this one is much better and softer. There are set times that I have to go to bed and wake up, so it’s all the same. But in terms of how I feel about sleeping, this is definitely more comfortable. I definitely would recommend Sit 'n Sleep.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Sit 'n Sleep is the company my mom purchases her beds from and she recommended it. We recently came back into the country and we purchased two queen size beds. Sit 'n Sleep is a very good quality bed. It's very firm and we definitely get good rest from it.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I've owned a Sit 'n Sleep bed for about 10 years and nothing was spectacular about it. It was a little overpriced too. After this one, I've bought other beds and haven't purchased from them.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I purchased a mattress for my 10-year old son at Sit 'n Sleep. They were local and it was the closest place to me and it had a selection of decent quality mattresses. The customer service was good, too. They delivered the mattress the next day and the delivery guys were great. All in all, everything went smoothly.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I had to see a chiropractor for a while and I was wondering what was going on. It turned out my old mattress was bad. I couldn’t sleep in very well and I kept having neck pains. I also had a lot of back pains from the dip in the bed. Now I am feeling a lot better. This new queen Sit 'n Sleep bed I got is a lot better. It’s firmer. My boyfriend had been the one who told me to go to Sit 'n Sleep first. I really wanted to go to Macy’s but he was a customer before and he said that Sit 'n Sleep has a really good warranty. When I went in, the salesperson told me, “You can go to Macy’s and we’ll wait for you ‘cause we know you’ll come back." "Let me save you the time.” He was so confident so I ended up staying and I purchased it there.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Our first set of mattresses began sagging in center and deemed defective after 6 months. We upgraded to more expensive set and 4 months later, we have a hole to crawl out of each morning. We both have severe shoulder pain from this and even though this is the second set of defective mattresses, Sit 'n Sleep's only response is to give us a store credit??? We want our money back, not your cheap mattresses!! Who's going to pay our doctor bills?? Terrible customer service! No matter where you call, you always speak to the same person, Keesha, who is absolutely no help at all. Obviously customer service is not a priority here. DO NOT BUY FROM SIT 'N SLEEP! RIP OFF!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We are very happy with the entire experience. Peter the sleep consultant was extremely patient, helpful and got us a great deal. The delivery drivers Kevin and Chris called about 30 minutes before they arrived. They were very professional, arrived on time, they put the permanent mattress cover on for us and had the old mattress out and the new one set up in a matter of minutes!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Just received our new mattress set. Salesman was very patient and knowledgeable and made the buying experience very pleasant. The delivery was done very cleanly and professionally. Kevin and Chris deserve a big thank you for their excellent service. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

What a great experience. From meeting our sales person Robert ** in the Commerce store to the installation form Kevin and Christian. I would recommend this to EVERYONE. Thank you Sit 'n Sleep. See you in 20 years when we need a new bed.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I was concerned that I might not be able to afford a new mattress or a box-spring but Sit 'n Sleep has a really good pricing. I purchased a memory foam mattress and a box-spring and they were within my budget. Then, the delivery was great. The guys were very helpful, very nice, courteous, and polite. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to take care of something because of the time that was originally given for the delivery window but they were able to make it earlier. It all worked out in the end and I was able to take care of what I needed to take care of. Also, I had my old bed for five or six years and it cannot compare with the new bed. The new one that I have is so much better and much more comfortable and I'm sleeping better.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I purchased Dreamfit Bamboo Sheets for Tempur-Pedic split king bed. Two sets costing almost $400. The sheets don't fit my bed and Sit 'n Sleep Culver City is not returning my calls. The sales person ordered the sheets from my original purchase profile. I expected better service.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I bought a frame, a Simmons Plush Foam mattress and the thing where the mattress sits on at Sit 'n Sleep. I got it a month ago and I bought everything brand new. It feels so much better and I sleep better now. I can sit down and it makes me fall asleep on it, that's how comfortable it is. My girlfriend was shopping for a new bed then. We were deciding on which bed was better to sleep and then we both liked the same bed. She had money first so she got it first. I tried to finance it through the financial credit thing and then I got credit and I ended up getting the same bed. It's been a great experience to lie on it and I'm so happy with my new bed. I would recommend it to anybody out there.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I planned to visit about four different store Sunday afternoon to shop around for a new mattress. This was my first stop. Lisa was the associate that assisted me. She was pleasant and knowledgeable. The delivery team: Kevin & Chris T56 were great. They were friendly, worked efficiently to set up my new bed set. I will definitely recommend this store and their delivery team to my family members.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Kevin and Chris were fast and efficient! Everything was put together perfectly. The previous day our order was messed up from a packaging flaw. But customer service handled it well and I’m happy that our experience today went as planned. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

The Simmons Beautysleep that I bought from Sit n Sleep for my daughter was a great mattress and she loves it. The price was very reasonable. I started to buy it online but I did not have a way online to not accept the box spring, which I didn't need. So I emailed Sit n Sleep and got a response from one of their representatives. He was a delightful gentleman. Then I called him on the phone and we worked out our deal.

Their delivery team arrived within the window they gave, and they were very conscientious in terms of being careful not to knock stuff off the walls. They were just top-drawer people. This has been one of the most pleasant retail experiences I have ever had. I've had some typical buying experiences and Sit n Sleep just jumped out of the crowd. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The old mattress that we've had for a couple of years was too soft for us. We got the base and mattress from Sit 'n Sleep for we wanted to try the bed mattress technology and see how will it work for us. So far, it has been good and the product has exceeded our expectations. It’s a good bed and we like it. Moreover, everybody was really helpful and professional. I really appreciated their effort in getting me accommodated.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Our house was burnt in the Thomas Fire that's why we purchased the bed from Sit n Sleep. The sales rep was excellent and very informative. The delivery was wonderful as well. Everything was perfect and our experience was completely positive. We love our mattress. It was a very expensive gel type but it was worth every penny.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We’ve had a futon mattress for five years and it was terrible compared to the bed frame and mattress we got from Sit ‘n Sleep. We now get much better support and comfort using our new bed. It's doing what we expected. Also, we had a good experience with the sales rep who worked with us. Sit ‘n Sleep was the first place we stopped, and with such experience, we went ahead with it. It’s easy and no hassle.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I moved and got a new Sit n Sleep mattress. The sales rep helped me out and he was nice. The mattress has good quality. I like it.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

We heard some good reviews about the Sit 'n Sleep store, and so we went out there. The saleslady was very nice and explained everything. We tried beds out and made the final decision. We purchased an entire bed, including the mattress, the mattress box spring adjustable bed and two pillows. The delivery was easy. We have enough stairs, so the whole thing went a little heavy for the two guys who delivered it, but they set it up and there was no problem. We've had it for a month now and we love it. My husband and I sleep better in our new bed. It was a very nice experience and I've recommended them.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

We are really disappointed with the brand new mattress that we bought less 4 months ago. When independent inspector came, he was surprised with level of indentation thinking it was an old mattress. My companion is a senior citizen with a bad back and now they declined to exchange the mattress. Below is what they emailed us: "Although mattress body impressions exceed normal warranty parameters Foundation(s) border/grid wires bent and/or damaged, which indicates abuse and is not a manufacturing defect covered by warranty."

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Our neighbors had purchased from Sit n Sleep and were very satisfied. My 12-year-old mattress needed to be replaced, so I bought one from Sit n Sleep as well, and it’s more expensive, but better constructed than my previous mattress. It has met my expectations. Also, the salesperson, as well as and the delivery people were courteous and accommodating.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I purchased a traditional spring mattress and box spring and had a great experience with Sit ‘n Sleep. I had a previous bed for 25 years that had a dual pillow, and the Sit ‘n Sleep didn’t, but I prefer the Sit ‘n Sleep because it’s firmer. The Sit ‘n Sleep manager was great. He was very helpful and showed me the different types of beds. He helped me narrow down to the bed that I needed. I’m very satisfied and I'd recommend him.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We prefer the new queen-size bed set we bought from Sit 'n Sleep. It's a little firmer while the other one was beginning to sag a bit. We've worked with that branch previously and have always gotten good service, so we went back to who we knew. We really weren't crawling out of a hole in the old mattress, but to a certain extent, we were. This has got a different feel and I'm a bit more refreshed now. They came, pulled the old mattress, set up the new one, and did everything they were supposed to do on time. It was a good experience. We expected a good service and a good product and we got that.

Sit 'n Sleep Company Information