Call now
4.47/5
Based on 117 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call now

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sit 'n Sleep is a mattress superstore located in Southern California. For over 35 years, Sit 'n Sleep has dedicated their focus to finding consumers the perfect mattress based on their individual wants and needs. The Sit 'n Sleep consultants are continuously researching sleep health and attend various training courses on an ongoing basis. Sit 'n Sleep carries all major mattress brands in addition to bedroom furniture, bed linens and pillows.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 13, 2018

190 Sit 'n Sleep Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We are very happy with the entire experience. Peter the sleep consultant was extremely patient, helpful and got us a great deal. The delivery drivers Kevin and Chris called about 30 minutes before they arrived. They were very professional, arrived on time, they put the permanent mattress cover on for us and had the old mattress out and the new one set up in a matter of minutes!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Just received our new mattress set. Salesman was very patient and knowledgeable and made the buying experience very pleasant. The delivery was done very cleanly and professionally. Kevin and Chris deserve a big thank you for their excellent service. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

What a great experience. From meeting our sales person Robert ** in the Commerce store to the installation form Kevin and Christian. I would recommend this to EVERYONE. Thank you Sit 'n Sleep. See you in 20 years when we need a new bed.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I was concerned that I might not be able to afford a new mattress or a box-spring but Sit 'n Sleep has a really good pricing. I purchased a memory foam mattress and a box-spring and they were within my budget. Then, the delivery was great. The guys were very helpful, very nice, courteous, and polite. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to take care of something because of the time that was originally given for the delivery window but they were able to make it earlier. It all worked out in the end and I was able to take care of what I needed to take care of. Also, I had my old bed for five or six years and it cannot compare with the new bed. The new one that I have is so much better and much more comfortable and I'm sleeping better.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I purchased Dreamfit Bamboo Sheets for Tempur-Pedic split king bed. Two sets costing almost $400. The sheets don't fit my bed and Sit 'n Sleep Culver City is not returning my calls. The sales person ordered the sheets from my original purchase profile. I expected better service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sit 'n Sleep?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I bought a frame, a Simmons Plush Foam mattress and the thing where the mattress sits on at Sit 'n Sleep. I got it a month ago and I bought everything brand new. It feels so much better and I sleep better now. I can sit down and it makes me fall asleep on it, that's how comfortable it is. My girlfriend was shopping for a new bed then. We were deciding on which bed was better to sleep and then we both liked the same bed. She had money first so she got it first. I tried to finance it through the financial credit thing and then I got credit and I ended up getting the same bed. It's been a great experience to lie on it and I'm so happy with my new bed. I would recommend it to anybody out there.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I planned to visit about four different store Sunday afternoon to shop around for a new mattress. This was my first stop. Lisa was the associate that assisted me. She was pleasant and knowledgeable. The delivery team: Kevin & Chris T56 were great. They were friendly, worked efficiently to set up my new bed set. I will definitely recommend this store and their delivery team to my family members.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Kevin and Chris were fast and efficient! Everything was put together perfectly. The previous day our order was messed up from a packaging flaw. But customer service handled it well and I’m happy that our experience today went as planned. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

The Simmons Beautysleep that I bought from Sit n Sleep for my daughter was a great mattress and she loves it. The price was very reasonable. I started to buy it online but I did not have a way online to not accept the box spring, which I didn't need. So I emailed Sit n Sleep and got a response from one of their representatives. He was a delightful gentleman. Then I called him on the phone and we worked out our deal.

Their delivery team arrived within the window they gave, and they were very conscientious in terms of being careful not to knock stuff off the walls. They were just top-drawer people. This has been one of the most pleasant retail experiences I have ever had. I've had some typical buying experiences and Sit n Sleep just jumped out of the crowd. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The old mattress that we've had for a couple of years was too soft for us. We got the base and mattress from Sit 'n Sleep for we wanted to try the bed mattress technology and see how will it work for us. So far, it has been good and the product has exceeded our expectations. It’s a good bed and we like it. Moreover, everybody was really helpful and professional. I really appreciated their effort in getting me accommodated.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Our house was burnt in the Thomas Fire that's why we purchased the bed from Sit n Sleep. The sales rep was excellent and very informative. The delivery was wonderful as well. Everything was perfect and our experience was completely positive. We love our mattress. It was a very expensive gel type but it was worth every penny.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We’ve had a futon mattress for five years and it was terrible compared to the bed frame and mattress we got from Sit ‘n Sleep. We now get much better support and comfort using our new bed. It's doing what we expected. Also, we had a good experience with the sales rep who worked with us. Sit ‘n Sleep was the first place we stopped, and with such experience, we went ahead with it. It’s easy and no hassle.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I moved and got a new Sit n Sleep mattress. The sales rep helped me out and he was nice. The mattress has good quality. I like it.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

We heard some good reviews about the Sit 'n Sleep store, and so we went out there. The saleslady was very nice and explained everything. We tried beds out and made the final decision. We purchased an entire bed, including the mattress, the mattress box spring adjustable bed and two pillows. The delivery was easy. We have enough stairs, so the whole thing went a little heavy for the two guys who delivered it, but they set it up and there was no problem. We've had it for a month now and we love it. My husband and I sleep better in our new bed. It was a very nice experience and I've recommended them.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

We are really disappointed with the brand new mattress that we bought less 4 months ago. When independent inspector came, he was surprised with level of indentation thinking it was an old mattress. My companion is a senior citizen with a bad back and now they declined to exchange the mattress. Below is what they emailed us: "Although mattress body impressions exceed normal warranty parameters Foundation(s) border/grid wires bent and/or damaged, which indicates abuse and is not a manufacturing defect covered by warranty."

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Our neighbors had purchased from Sit n Sleep and were very satisfied. My 12-year-old mattress needed to be replaced, so I bought one from Sit n Sleep as well, and it’s more expensive, but better constructed than my previous mattress. It has met my expectations. Also, the salesperson, as well as and the delivery people were courteous and accommodating.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I purchased a traditional spring mattress and box spring and had a great experience with Sit ‘n Sleep. I had a previous bed for 25 years that had a dual pillow, and the Sit ‘n Sleep didn’t, but I prefer the Sit ‘n Sleep because it’s firmer. The Sit ‘n Sleep manager was great. He was very helpful and showed me the different types of beds. He helped me narrow down to the bed that I needed. I’m very satisfied and I'd recommend him.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We prefer the new queen-size bed set we bought from Sit 'n Sleep. It's a little firmer while the other one was beginning to sag a bit. We've worked with that branch previously and have always gotten good service, so we went back to who we knew. We really weren't crawling out of a hole in the old mattress, but to a certain extent, we were. This has got a different feel and I'm a bit more refreshed now. They came, pulled the old mattress, set up the new one, and did everything they were supposed to do on time. It was a good experience. We expected a good service and a good product and we got that.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Sit n Sleep had a sale and we purchased a mattress. We had the old mattress for about four years and the one from Sit n Sleep is better so we're happy. Also, the manager who helped us was a nice guy. He was very interactive, entertaining and kind. He listened to what we wanted and didn't try to sell us something that we didn't want. He had other people that would come in and out and while he would help us and if he needed to go and help those other people, he would excuse himself and then come back to us. He would be there and not just leave us alone to tend to ourselves. I love Sit n Sleep and I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We purchased a hybrid, king-sized bed from Sit n Sleep and it was great. The rep was wonderful and she knew everything. The bed we had prior to this cost three times more than Sit n Sleep and it was horrible. My wife gets a good night sleep now and she is happier. I also love it. My son needs a new bed and I'm going to buy another one next weekend.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I was very pleased when I visited Sit 'n Sleep, they helped me select a mattress that was perfect for me. Great, friendly and wonderful service. Best of all my Back is so much better now. I am really so surprised that with the help I got I feel so much better now. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

This was the quickest, easiest process! I purchased my mattress in store and felt that I was given open and honest information from start to finish. They even delivered my mattress within less than 24 hours after purchase! It was a great purchase that I still feel good about.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

We went in for the Labor Day sale. We were sized in their machine and sampled numerous beds before buying the KING AIRELOOM and accessories. We even played around and videotaped our experience for ourselves. We love the bed, definitely worth the expense. Delivery was smooth and timely. The bad: They switched salesmen without explanation and sold us pillows ($200 each) in queen, not telling us that they did not come in king. I have purchased many beds and I would still recommend Sit 'n Sleep and their products.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

It was an ok experience. Did the bed we bought cure my sleeping issues? Hell no! It's 1:15am right now and I am awake. Is any of this do to your company? That would be another HELL NO!! Buying the bed was easy and painless. I think the cost of beds are a little pricey. Really isn't as comfortable as I hoped it would be. But better then the old stiff one we did have. The installation was so fast that if you blinked you missed it. Three guys came in. Each had something in their hands and knew exactly what needed to be done. It was a well organized Symphony. Not even 5 min and they were walking out with the plastic wrap. We signed the paperwork and they were gone. Amazing!!

Your sales department made their end quick and easy also. My wife loves it. Maybe when we took the sleep test. It dialed her in more than me. I don't know what it is. I just can't get comfortable seems like. Trust me I am ok with it. Like I said better than the old shot out extra firm one that was handed down to us and we had it for years. Sit and sleep was a good experience and I would tell friends who don't want the hassle of shopping around for the best deal, best fit, and don't have the extra time to do so like myself. To just go to sit and sleep and get it over with. Totally a painless process. Very good at what they do. Wish we would of got pillows with the deal. Can't even believe how much you guys want for those. They must be something very special at those prices...

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I read all the reviews and felt I was buying the best mattress available for the money. After sleeping on the mattress for a month now I would have to say it was not as advertised. It feels lumpy and not real comfortable, I wish I would have spent a little bit more and got something I would have liked better. My advice go to the store and buy, forget the online reviews because they can be misleading.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We bought a cushier Beautyrest and found, after one night, we needed the less cushy one that we'd liked in the first place, when testing all the beds at the store. Without issue, the salesman had the first one picked up and replaced it with the one we really wanted. It's been a couple of months now and we love it!

Sit 'n Sleep response
Hi Gail! Thanks for the feedback we are happy that you are happy!! Here's to many years of wonderful sleep on your new mattress!!
Best Regards,
Peter Janis

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Came down to see Johnny for a replacement mattress, he hooked it up! But I was short some cash so I went across the street to the Casino. Placed some bets and won 3k dollars, man was I happy! Thanks for the idea Johnny and Awesome mattress as well!

Sit 'n Sleep response
Hi Yancey,

Thanks for the kind words about your experience with us! I'll pass your review on to Johnny so he can see it. Keep Winning!!

Peter Janis

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

David ** was very helpful to me in making a very difficult decision as to which mattress would best suit my needs. My Sealy 'Good Spirits' turned out to be a good choice. After 5 weeks of use, I found that I became more comfortable with each passing day. I would rate this a Four Star for me.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I had a pleasant experience. Service is fantastic from salesman to delivery people. Customer service personnel are very courteous and professional. I had to exchange my bed as it was defective and it was handled immediately and courteous. I enjoy my new bed and now sleep very comfortably.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

After purchasing a European pillow top king size bed, we noticed about a year later the bed started to bow from the head to the feet. This made sleeping extremely difficult as our heads and feet were up like we were in tacos. We waited to call Sit n Sleep almost another two years (just procrastinating). After calling, everyone was so kind and we were allowed to return that bed and choose another. We loved how comfortable that bed was and was sorry to return it as there was not an exact replacement. The manager at Sit n Sleep assisted us in choosing a similar bed.

Sit 'n Sleep Company Information

www.sitnsleep.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use