Call toll free
4.38/5
Based on 74 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sit 'n Sleep is a mattress superstore located in Southern California. For over 35 years, Sit 'n Sleep has dedicated their focus to finding consumers the perfect mattress based on their individual wants and needs. The Sit 'n Sleep consultants are continuously researching sleep health and attend various training courses on an ongoing basis. Sit 'n Sleep carries all major mattress brands in addition to bedroom furniture, bed linens and pillows.

198 Sit 'n Sleep Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

We purchased what we thought (New) mattress & box spring for $2,248.00 on June 16. June 20th DAMAGED FLOOR MODEL ARRIVED!!! OPEN BOX. I never heard the term "Floor model" when I gave David @ Sit 'n Sleep Oxnard, CA my credit card. This business is a CHEAT! They are a RIP OFF! Look at the images.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 27, 2018

The bed frame from Sit 'n Sleep was recommended to us by a friend who also purchased from them and that's why we went with them. We purchased a full sized spring mattress for our son and the delivery went perfectly. He loves his bed. We've had it for six months now and its overall quality has been excellent.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We purchased a whole bed with a spring mattress from Sit 'n Sleep and the service that I got from them was really good, so I really appreciated that. I came in a couple of times and the gentleman that helped me was really nice and helpful, answered all my questions, and I felt no pressure. We’ve had our old bed for about ten years and this one is much better and softer. There are set times that I have to go to bed and wake up, so it’s all the same. But in terms of how I feel about sleeping, this is definitely more comfortable. I definitely would recommend Sit 'n Sleep.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Sit 'n Sleep is the company my mom purchases her beds from and she recommended it. We recently came back into the country and we purchased two queen size beds. Sit 'n Sleep is a very good quality bed. It's very firm and we definitely get good rest from it.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I've owned a Sit 'n Sleep bed for about 10 years and nothing was spectacular about it. It was a little overpriced too. After this one, I've bought other beds and haven't purchased from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sit 'n Sleep?

Original review: May 11, 2018

I purchased a mattress for my 10-year old son at Sit 'n Sleep. They were local and it was the closest place to me and it had a selection of decent quality mattresses. The customer service was good, too. They delivered the mattress the next day and the delivery guys were great. All in all, everything went smoothly.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I had to see a chiropractor for a while and I was wondering what was going on. It turned out my old mattress was bad. I couldn’t sleep in very well and I kept having neck pains. I also had a lot of back pains from the dip in the bed. Now I am feeling a lot better. This new queen Sit 'n Sleep bed I got is a lot better. It’s firmer. My boyfriend had been the one who told me to go to Sit 'n Sleep first. I really wanted to go to Macy’s but he was a customer before and he said that Sit 'n Sleep has a really good warranty. When I went in, the salesperson told me, “You can go to Macy’s and we’ll wait for you ‘cause we know you’ll come back." "Let me save you the time.” He was so confident so I ended up staying and I purchased it there.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Our first set of mattresses began sagging in center and deemed defective after 6 months. We upgraded to more expensive set and 4 months later, we have a hole to crawl out of each morning. We both have severe shoulder pain from this and even though this is the second set of defective mattresses, Sit 'n Sleep's only response is to give us a store credit??? We want our money back, not your cheap mattresses!! Who's going to pay our doctor bills?? Terrible customer service! No matter where you call, you always speak to the same person, Keesha, who is absolutely no help at all. Obviously customer service is not a priority here. DO NOT BUY FROM SIT 'N SLEEP! RIP OFF!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We are very happy with the entire experience. Peter the sleep consultant was extremely patient, helpful and got us a great deal. The delivery drivers Kevin and Chris called about 30 minutes before they arrived. They were very professional, arrived on time, they put the permanent mattress cover on for us and had the old mattress out and the new one set up in a matter of minutes!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Just received our new mattress set. Salesman was very patient and knowledgeable and made the buying experience very pleasant. The delivery was done very cleanly and professionally. Kevin and Chris deserve a big thank you for their excellent service. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

What a great experience. From meeting our sales person Robert ** in the Commerce store to the installation form Kevin and Christian. I would recommend this to EVERYONE. Thank you Sit 'n Sleep. See you in 20 years when we need a new bed.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I was concerned that I might not be able to afford a new mattress or a box-spring but Sit 'n Sleep has a really good pricing. I purchased a memory foam mattress and a box-spring and they were within my budget. Then, the delivery was great. The guys were very helpful, very nice, courteous, and polite. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to take care of something because of the time that was originally given for the delivery window but they were able to make it earlier. It all worked out in the end and I was able to take care of what I needed to take care of. Also, I had my old bed for five or six years and it cannot compare with the new bed. The new one that I have is so much better and much more comfortable and I'm sleeping better.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I purchased Dreamfit Bamboo Sheets for Tempur-Pedic split king bed. Two sets costing almost $400. The sheets don't fit my bed and Sit 'n Sleep Culver City is not returning my calls. The sales person ordered the sheets from my original purchase profile. I expected better service.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I bought a frame, a Simmons Plush Foam mattress and the thing where the mattress sits on at Sit 'n Sleep. I got it a month ago and I bought everything brand new. It feels so much better and I sleep better now. I can sit down and it makes me fall asleep on it, that's how comfortable it is. My girlfriend was shopping for a new bed then. We were deciding on which bed was better to sleep and then we both liked the same bed. She had money first so she got it first. I tried to finance it through the financial credit thing and then I got credit and I ended up getting the same bed. It's been a great experience to lie on it and I'm so happy with my new bed. I would recommend it to anybody out there.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I planned to visit about four different store Sunday afternoon to shop around for a new mattress. This was my first stop. Lisa was the associate that assisted me. She was pleasant and knowledgeable. The delivery team: Kevin & Chris T56 were great. They were friendly, worked efficiently to set up my new bed set. I will definitely recommend this store and their delivery team to my family members.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Kevin and Chris were fast and efficient! Everything was put together perfectly. The previous day our order was messed up from a packaging flaw. But customer service handled it well and I’m happy that our experience today went as planned. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

The Simmons Beautysleep that I bought from Sit n Sleep for my daughter was a great mattress and she loves it. The price was very reasonable. I started to buy it online but I did not have a way online to not accept the box spring, which I didn't need. So I emailed Sit n Sleep and got a response from one of their representatives. He was a delightful gentleman. Then I called him on the phone and we worked out our deal.

Their delivery team arrived within the window they gave, and they were very conscientious in terms of being careful not to knock stuff off the walls. They were just top-drawer people. This has been one of the most pleasant retail experiences I have ever had. I've had some typical buying experiences and Sit n Sleep just jumped out of the crowd. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The old mattress that we've had for a couple of years was too soft for us. We got the base and mattress from Sit 'n Sleep for we wanted to try the bed mattress technology and see how will it work for us. So far, it has been good and the product has exceeded our expectations. It’s a good bed and we like it. Moreover, everybody was really helpful and professional. I really appreciated their effort in getting me accommodated.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Our house was burnt in the Thomas Fire that's why we purchased the bed from Sit n Sleep. The sales rep was excellent and very informative. The delivery was wonderful as well. Everything was perfect and our experience was completely positive. We love our mattress. It was a very expensive gel type but it was worth every penny.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We’ve had a futon mattress for five years and it was terrible compared to the bed frame and mattress we got from Sit ‘n Sleep. We now get much better support and comfort using our new bed. It's doing what we expected. Also, we had a good experience with the sales rep who worked with us. Sit ‘n Sleep was the first place we stopped, and with such experience, we went ahead with it. It’s easy and no hassle.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I moved and got a new Sit n Sleep mattress. The sales rep helped me out and he was nice. The mattress has good quality. I like it.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

We heard some good reviews about the Sit 'n Sleep store, and so we went out there. The saleslady was very nice and explained everything. We tried beds out and made the final decision. We purchased an entire bed, including the mattress, the mattress box spring adjustable bed and two pillows. The delivery was easy. We have enough stairs, so the whole thing went a little heavy for the two guys who delivered it, but they set it up and there was no problem. We've had it for a month now and we love it. My husband and I sleep better in our new bed. It was a very nice experience and I've recommended them.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

We are really disappointed with the brand new mattress that we bought less 4 months ago. When independent inspector came, he was surprised with level of indentation thinking it was an old mattress. My companion is a senior citizen with a bad back and now they declined to exchange the mattress. Below is what they emailed us: "Although mattress body impressions exceed normal warranty parameters Foundation(s) border/grid wires bent and/or damaged, which indicates abuse and is not a manufacturing defect covered by warranty."

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Our neighbors had purchased from Sit n Sleep and were very satisfied. My 12-year-old mattress needed to be replaced, so I bought one from Sit n Sleep as well, and it’s more expensive, but better constructed than my previous mattress. It has met my expectations. Also, the salesperson, as well as and the delivery people were courteous and accommodating.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I purchased a traditional spring mattress and box spring and had a great experience with Sit ‘n Sleep. I had a previous bed for 25 years that had a dual pillow, and the Sit ‘n Sleep didn’t, but I prefer the Sit ‘n Sleep because it’s firmer. The Sit ‘n Sleep manager was great. He was very helpful and showed me the different types of beds. He helped me narrow down to the bed that I needed. I’m very satisfied and I'd recommend him.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We prefer the new queen-size bed set we bought from Sit 'n Sleep. It's a little firmer while the other one was beginning to sag a bit. We've worked with that branch previously and have always gotten good service, so we went back to who we knew. We really weren't crawling out of a hole in the old mattress, but to a certain extent, we were. This has got a different feel and I'm a bit more refreshed now. They came, pulled the old mattress, set up the new one, and did everything they were supposed to do on time. It was a good experience. We expected a good service and a good product and we got that.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Sit n Sleep had a sale and we purchased a mattress. We had the old mattress for about four years and the one from Sit n Sleep is better so we're happy. Also, the manager who helped us was a nice guy. He was very interactive, entertaining and kind. He listened to what we wanted and didn't try to sell us something that we didn't want. He had other people that would come in and out and while he would help us and if he needed to go and help those other people, he would excuse himself and then come back to us. He would be there and not just leave us alone to tend to ourselves. I love Sit n Sleep and I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We purchased a hybrid, king-sized bed from Sit n Sleep and it was great. The rep was wonderful and she knew everything. The bed we had prior to this cost three times more than Sit n Sleep and it was horrible. My wife gets a good night sleep now and she is happier. I also love it. My son needs a new bed and I'm going to buy another one next weekend.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I was very pleased when I visited Sit 'n Sleep, they helped me select a mattress that was perfect for me. Great, friendly and wonderful service. Best of all my Back is so much better now. I am really so surprised that with the help I got I feel so much better now. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

This was the quickest, easiest process! I purchased my mattress in store and felt that I was given open and honest information from start to finish. They even delivered my mattress within less than 24 hours after purchase! It was a great purchase that I still feel good about.

Sit 'n Sleep Company Information