4.51/5
  • 1 star
Based on 102 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sit 'n Sleep is a mattress superstore located in Southern California. For over 35 years, Sit 'n Sleep has dedicated their focus to finding consumers the perfect mattress based on their individual wants and needs. The Sit 'n Sleep consultants are continuously researching sleep health and attend various training courses on an ongoing basis. Sit 'n Sleep carries all major mattress brands in addition to bedroom furniture, bed linens and pillows.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 24, 2017

175 Sit 'n Sleep Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Our neighbors had purchased from Sit n Sleep and were very satisfied. My 12-year-old mattress needed to be replaced, so I bought one from Sit n Sleep as well, and it’s more expensive, but better constructed than my previous mattress. It has met my expectations. Also, the salesperson, as well as and the delivery people were courteous and accommodating.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I purchased a traditional spring mattress and box spring and had a great experience with Sit ‘n Sleep. I had a previous bed for 25 years that had a dual pillow, and the Sit ‘n Sleep didn’t, but I prefer the Sit ‘n Sleep because it’s firmer. The Sit ‘n Sleep manager was great. He was very helpful and showed me the different types of beds. He helped me narrow down to the bed that I needed. I’m very satisfied and I'd recommend him.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We prefer the new queen-size bed set we bought from Sit 'n Sleep. It's a little firmer while the other one was beginning to sag a bit. We've worked with that branch previously and have always gotten good service, so we went back to who we knew. We really weren't crawling out of a hole in the old mattress, but to a certain extent, we were. This has got a different feel and I'm a bit more refreshed now. They came, pulled the old mattress, set up the new one, and did everything they were supposed to do on time. It was a good experience. We expected a good service and a good product and we got that.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Sit n Sleep had a sale and we purchased a mattress. We had the old mattress for about four years and the one from Sit n Sleep is better so we're happy. Also, the manager who helped us was a nice guy. He was very interactive, entertaining and kind. He listened to what we wanted and didn't try to sell us something that we didn't want. He had other people that would come in and out and while he would help us and if he needed to go and help those other people, he would excuse himself and then come back to us. He would be there and not just leave us alone to tend to ourselves. I love Sit n Sleep and I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We purchased a hybrid, king-sized bed from Sit n Sleep and it was great. The rep was wonderful and she knew everything. The bed we had prior to this cost three times more than Sit n Sleep and it was horrible. My wife gets a good night sleep now and she is happier. I also love it. My son needs a new bed and I'm going to buy another one next weekend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sit 'n Sleep?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I was very pleased when I visited Sit 'n Sleep, they helped me select a mattress that was perfect for me. Great, friendly and wonderful service. Best of all my Back is so much better now. I am really so surprised that with the help I got I feel so much better now. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

This was the quickest, easiest process! I purchased my mattress in store and felt that I was given open and honest information from start to finish. They even delivered my mattress within less than 24 hours after purchase! It was a great purchase that I still feel good about.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

We went in for the Labor Day sale. We were sized in their machine and sampled numerous beds before buying the KING AIRELOOM and accessories. We even played around and videotaped our experience for ourselves. We love the bed, definitely worth the expense. Delivery was smooth and timely. The bad: They switched salesmen without explanation and sold us pillows ($200 each) in queen, not telling us that they did not come in king. I have purchased many beds and I would still recommend Sit 'n Sleep and their products.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

It was an ok experience. Did the bed we bought cure my sleeping issues? Hell no! It's 1:15am right now and I am awake. Is any of this do to your company? That would be another HELL NO!! Buying the bed was easy and painless. I think the cost of beds are a little pricey. Really isn't as comfortable as I hoped it would be. But better then the old stiff one we did have. The installation was so fast that if you blinked you missed it. Three guys came in. Each had something in their hands and knew exactly what needed to be done. It was a well organized Symphony. Not even 5 min and they were walking out with the plastic wrap. We signed the paperwork and they were gone. Amazing!!

Your sales department made their end quick and easy also. My wife loves it. Maybe when we took the sleep test. It dialed her in more than me. I don't know what it is. I just can't get comfortable seems like. Trust me I am ok with it. Like I said better than the old shot out extra firm one that was handed down to us and we had it for years. Sit and sleep was a good experience and I would tell friends who don't want the hassle of shopping around for the best deal, best fit, and don't have the extra time to do so like myself. To just go to sit and sleep and get it over with. Totally a painless process. Very good at what they do. Wish we would of got pillows with the deal. Can't even believe how much you guys want for those. They must be something very special at those prices...

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I read all the reviews and felt I was buying the best mattress available for the money. After sleeping on the mattress for a month now I would have to say it was not as advertised. It feels lumpy and not real comfortable, I wish I would have spent a little bit more and got something I would have liked better. My advice go to the store and buy, forget the online reviews because they can be misleading.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We bought a cushier Beautyrest and found, after one night, we needed the less cushy one that we'd liked in the first place, when testing all the beds at the store. Without issue, the salesman had the first one picked up and replaced it with the one we really wanted. It's been a couple of months now and we love it!

Sit 'n Sleep response
Hi Gail! Thanks for the feedback we are happy that you are happy!! Here's to many years of wonderful sleep on your new mattress!!
Best Regards,

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Came down to see Johnny for a replacement mattress, he hooked it up! But I was short some cash so I went across the street to the Casino. Placed some bets and won 3k dollars, man was I happy! Thanks for the idea Johnny and Awesome mattress as well!

Hi Yancey,

Thanks for the kind words about your experience with us! I'll pass your review on to Johnny so he can see it. Keep Winning!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

David ** was very helpful to me in making a very difficult decision as to which mattress would best suit my needs. My Sealy 'Good Spirits' turned out to be a good choice. After 5 weeks of use, I found that I became more comfortable with each passing day. I would rate this a Four Star for me.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I had a pleasant experience. Service is fantastic from salesman to delivery people. Customer service personnel are very courteous and professional. I had to exchange my bed as it was defective and it was handled immediately and courteous. I enjoy my new bed and now sleep very comfortably.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

After purchasing a European pillow top king size bed, we noticed about a year later the bed started to bow from the head to the feet. This made sleeping extremely difficult as our heads and feet were up like we were in tacos. We waited to call Sit n Sleep almost another two years (just procrastinating). After calling, everyone was so kind and we were allowed to return that bed and choose another. We loved how comfortable that bed was and was sorry to return it as there was not an exact replacement. The manager at Sit n Sleep assisted us in choosing a similar bed.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Anna and also delivery men were problem solvers. Other stores couldn’t help us... she was excellent. I would definitely use this store again and recommend it without reservation. Anna, the store manager was efficient and pleasant, and the delivery was prompt.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We were recommended to Sit & Sleep. Jennifer ** helped us. Service was excellent including the after purchase service. I have recommended this store to friends and family and was really impressed with the whole experience. Very impressed with the follow up service and so happy that we listened to her recommendations.

Hi Denise,

Thanks for the kind words about Jennifer - I'll pass them along to her. We are also happy that you are happy!! Here's to many years of wonderful sleep on your new mattress!!

Best Regards,

Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I had a cheap I-just-moved-to-a-new-town-and-I-had-to-get-something sort of bed for eight years and it was so old. We went to Sit 'n Sleep and everything was good. My bed is much better and I am definitely sleeping better. It's bigger and more comfortable. My experience was an easy process, and the bed has been great.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I really enjoyed my sales experiences with Sit 'n Sleep. When I tried to take advantage of my trial mattress exchange, I was told that only ONE exchange was allowed, even though I was not informed of that prior to my purchase. The first mattress I bought was far too firm, and then I paid extra to get another one that cost a little more, but was far too soft. One can only really find out when they sleep on the mattress for a while, because although it might feel comfortable in the store, it can change when spending 8 hours on it. The second mattress is far too soft, and I am riddled with lower back pain, but because I had exchanged my original mattress once, I was denied a second exchange.

Despite paying about $1,500 in total, I'm very disappointed, and besides disappointment as a consumer, I am now in constant pain and cannot afford to purchase another mattress. The policy of only allowing one exchange needs to be revised, because logically the Goldilocks method of trying out a mattress will ring true no matter what. One might be too hard, the other too soft, until you finally find the one that will support you in comfortable sleep.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I bought a mattress from Sit 'n Sleep and my son is enjoying it. It was exactly what we thought it was going to be. Oftentimes we don't have things that work well but having the Sit 'n Sleep mattress was an experience to not complain about.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

We bought the Sit 'n Sleep mattress and the bed with the headboard. We also bought pillow slips and sheets because they were extra long and my husband is tall. We had them delivered and set up. The delivery crew was very quick. I didn’t even realize they had finished. I was in the kitchen and by the time I got my tea, they were done and walking out. That was very nice. The only thing is, the sheets need to be ironed every single day we use them. The cloth itself wasn’t good, so we don’t use it anymore. The bed itself is perfect and my husband loves it. The Sit 'n Sleep people were great too. I saw my husband talking and laughing with their sales reps. I can’t sleep in the bed, though, because I like a softer bed. But it's for my husband, not for me. He chose a hard bed because that’s what he likes to sleep in.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I purchased a mattress and a box spring from Sit ‘n Sleep. I ordered the wrong size to begin with but they were real accommodating with getting it fixed and changed. They’re really nice and supportive when I need it. The mattress is more comfortable than my old one. I have terrible sleep in general and I’m hoping the mattress will help.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Hello! We had our new mattress delivered today. We were very happy with the delivery/set up by Erik and Valencia. Our sales person was Michael ** at the Torrance store. This is our 3rd mattress purchase from your store. Just an FYI, there was a VERY long wait on the phone getting to speak with customer service on multiple occasions. I also received mis-information about how to get a warranty claim taken care of for my old mattress encasement. I spent a lot of time with calls and e-mail to that company, (pure care) from information that was given to me by your attendant, only to find out that mine was from a different company that you used years ago. Your customer service attendant had called up my old info and should have been able to see the manufacturer. Anyway, I am giving a 5 star for the order and delivery. If it wasn't for the nice service from them I probably would never shop at Sit n Sleep again!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I take care of my 92-year-old mother and I needed a bed to be in her bedroom with her. It's not dire but I was sleeping on a futon. I walked into a Sit ‘n Sleep store and the salesperson was really patient and knowledgeable. I liked the fact that everyone was very professionally dressed and they’re respectful among themselves. I didn't feel pounced upon but very well taken care of and treated very respectfully and professionally. There wasn't any need for me to shop further because they had provided me with everything I wanted to know, a decent price and they delivered on time. I've been sleeping on the bed for the past couple of months since the 4th of July and it has been great. I need a good night's sleep when I'm with my mom because I'm sort of a lifeguard for her. It's not a super fancy bed but it's super comfortable and it allows me to get sleep when I can get it. It was a good experience all around.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

It was about 14 years ago after we just got married when we first purchased our most heavenly Beautyrest World Exceptional mattress at the Culver City SNS store. Given our then-superb-purchasing experience, we returned to SNS without a doubt but this time in Glendale & bought another most comfortable, luxurious Stearns & Foster mattress. And the store manager, Ali, was very professional, knowledgeable, and patient through our buying process that spanned over 2 weeks! He gave us such a great deal which we so appreciated!

I also had to talk to another sales associate, Danny, and he too was very helpful and sincere in addressing my needs! And when the delivery crew came, they were so efficient, courteous, and helpful in setting up our mattress and made sure everything checked out perfectly before they cleaned up after themselves and left. They came on time, and they were friendly and professional! You hired the right delivery crew to represent SNS image! Thank you for such an awesome experience, and we LOVE our mattress!!! Both are better than any 5-star hotel/resort beds we slept on! Looking forward to buying another mattress for my daughter!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I purchased a memory foam with a pillow top cushion from Sit ‘n Sleep. Not driving elsewhere, it was more convenient for me to buy it from them. The sales associate who helped me was great and very knowledgeable. He was also engaged and very helpful. Everything went great. We’ve owned our old mattress for five years and it was not as comfortable. But with Sit ‘n Sleep, I’ve been sleeping very much better. Overall, it was an easy experience with them.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Nelson and Norlon were very courteous and efficient in removing my old mattress and replacing it with a new one. They worked very quickly and carefully so as not to disturb their surroundings. They made sure I was satisfied with the placement of the matters before leaving.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Brian ** was great in showing us various mattresses and helping us to consider the one best for us. Very professional and easy to work with. We also liked the two guys who delivered the mattress and box spring. Very polite and considerate. They worked quickly but yet calmly and professionally. They sealed the good experience we had.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I purchased a name-brand king size mattress & box springs from Sit 'n Sleep. Once delivered, I discovered the weight of the actual mattress alone (not with the box springs) was 187 pounds, and I could not move it in order to meet warranty requirements of turning every few months. While the mattress was firm and comfortable, I was disappointed that I would not be able to turn it without significant help. I contacted the Manager, Allie at my local store. He was very accommodating in finding another mattress set that would be lighter and more manageable for me, while also satisfying my comfort level.

Within the appropriate timeframe, they had a new mattress delivered to me that met more reasonable requirements, and I did not have to pay anymore other than the restocking fee. This is a second set I have purchased from Sit 'n Sleep during a period of several years and I would return again in the future if necessary when I am ready for another new mattress.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I was most pleased with the delivery experience today. The men showed up ahead of time and were courteous and professional. They set up the furniture and made sure everything was to my satisfaction before having me sign for the delivery.

Sit 'n Sleep Company Information