Shop Now

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

4.4/5 (371 ratings)

About Nest Bedding

Since 2011, Nest Bedding has provided our customers with factory-direct, quality and eco-friendly mattresses and bedding. We hand make our mattresses in the United States with Queen sizes starting at $599. Our natural bedding products include organic sheets and blankets for the whole family.

Nest Bedding Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nest Bedding?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nest Bedding?

Original review: May 12, 2020

I bought two pillows and a mattress for about 1500 and was super excited because they had very good reviews. Their website still doesnt show my mattress as shipped even 11 days after ordering. I contacted them a week ago after 4 days and they said with Covid19 it might take 5 days to build then it would be shipped. It is going on 9 days and still nothing.

After contacting customer service again they said they couldn't get into contact with operations and that's all I've heard. Even after several more emails from me I am still being ignored. I tried to write a review on their website but it never showed up on their website. It appears they delete negative reviews so DO NOT TRUST THEM. Then I come on here to write a review and see that recently they have been getting very poor reviews about mattress quality and customer service. It appears I picked the wrong company to spend my hard earned money on. Hopefully I will get my mattress someday. If I do I will promptly change my review to reflect my experience.

Original review: May 3, 2020

I would not recommend Nest Bedding. I purchased a Latex hybrid mattress from them after 8 years of comfort on my previous, big name brand mattress. After about 30 days, I alerted customer service that it was uncomfortable and I didn’t want to finish my full 90-day-trial, I wanted to return it. Customer service recommended I purchase a new box spring. I purchased the box spring and gave it another try. It made no difference for me, so I alerted customer service and they approved my return. They wrote me that I would have to find somewhere to donate the mattress, they recommended the Salvation army. I contacted the Salvation Army and they did not want the mattress. I figured I could see if I could find somewhere else to donate it, but at that time I was transitioning back to work after maternity leave and was in the midst of moving.

After I moved, I contacted the company again to see if I could still donate the mattress. They said that their policy says that I must find somewhere to donate the mattress within 30 days, or the return is not honored anymore. So that was that, they would not even consider an exchange at that point. Now I am stuck with the most uncomfortable $1300 mattress. I don’t even sleep on it most nights, I’d rather sleep on the couch, that’s how horrible it is! I am just going to throw it away and buy a mattress from a regular mattress store.

I truly recommend that people go to a mattress store and lay on the mattress before they buy it. I also do not recommend this company since they want you to find somewhere to donate the mattress and not many organizations want used mattresses. I agree that this whole 90-day trial mattress is very wasteful if you end up not liking the mattress. Also, if you lead a busy lifestyle, spending time trying to donate a mattress to get your money back from a one that didn’t work out is a big waste.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I am reviewing Nest Bedding for the second time. I wrote a one star review on their review section on their website and they promptly took it down. That's why you see nothing but five star reviews. My husband and I purchased one of their mattresses a 2 years ago and have had to have all of them replaced by the company. We're on our third mattress from them-all the original purchase-because the first one was way too firm. I will give them credit that after a lot of work on our end, they replaced the mattress for the medium firm Alexander Signature Hybrid in a King size. However, within 6 months that mattress had caved in down the middle-my husband weighs approx 160lbs and I weigh approx 140lbs.-we are small people so this is abnormal. I've never had a mattress do this, even the cheap ones I've bought are better structurally. Luckily they replaced it again after we proved that it had done so.

We got a replacement thinking maybe it was a fluke. But sure enough less than a year later the replacement mattress is sinking in the middle yet again. Our bedframe is solid and structurally sound-we've checked it just in case because that'd be a cheaper issue to solve. But it's not, it's sadly just the mattress. My husband and I have back pain every morning now-we bought a new mattress to try and prevent this-we're in our early 30's.

For paying over $1k for a mattress we thought would last us five to ten years, this is a huge disappointment. I don't feel like I can even try to resell it because I don't want someone thinking they're getting a great mattress when in fact they'll soon wake up in pain. Think twice about purchasing a bed from here. They look beautifully made and seem like a quality mattress at first, but they don't hold up even after less than one year's time. If you do buy a mattress from them, don't buy the medium firm-go with the firm. It feels like a rock but if you can endure it until it softens up (they say 90 days-but sleeping on a rock for 90 days can be quite challenging), hopefully it'll be better than a medium firm mattress caving in. I hope this can help someone else from wasting money like we have.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

Our dog chewed through their $100 bed, advertised as "reliable" and "tough to chew through", in just a few days with the bed and customer service refused any refund/replacement. I could understand that, although was disappointed they didn't stand by their claims of durability or recognize the fact I'd been a customer of theirs for several years. My main issue is they refused to post my review on their site. They claim our dog is an "aggressive chewer" and my experience is not valid to share. This is in spite of our dog not chewing through either of her $30 beds from Amazon.

They did finally offer a refund/replacement after I posted a critical review on Yelp, but still refuse to post my review on their site. I didn't take them up on the refund given that refusal & the continual poor customer experience. I'd advise others to ensure they want to do business with a company that only cares about their corporate best interest in the end. If you do, be warned of my experience where the product quality woefully missed the price point and they only offered to do the right thing when I publicly "disparaged" their company.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

We had some Nest sheets and pillows that we bought a few years back and LOVED. We decided to invest in some other sheets, pillow, mattress, bed frame and even nightstands. We purchased them over a month ago. TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS later. No mattress, bed frame or nightstands. And no one can answer where they are, or what's happened to the orders. But we have gotten our sheets and mattress protector! In boxes and with labels: Made in China and Made in India.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I slept on this mattress when visiting my son and really liked it. I got out Queen last week and have had the best night's sleep since then. Yesterday our guest from Italy arrived. I gave him my room while he’s here. The first thing out of his mouth this morning was “that is the best sleep I’ve had in a long, long time on that bed!” My husband had been thinking about getting a King for our bedroom to replace the memory foam but our guest’s positive testimony has convinced him. Lol. We will be ordering another one.

I find the negative comments difficult to believe. My son was initially sent the wrong mattress but was easily and quickly satisfied with Nest’s policy. He donated it and received the correct mattress. No problem. No bad faith. I ordered on a Thursday night and it showed up the next Wednesday evening in time for Thanksgiving. Arrived much quicker than expected. It was fun and easy to unpack and get onto the bed. It’s a thick mattress but our sheets fit fine. No sleeping adjustment required...I slept great the first night. I think my husband feels like I’ll never leave the guest room if he doesn’t buy the King. Lol.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Bought a bed from Nest, less than a month later we had a house fire. Everything is lost including our 4 cats and nest bed I made a whole 1 payment on. They told me I had to pay off the bed and they would sell me another at 50% off. So I will pay for 1.5 beds, have 1 fire damaged bed and 1 good one I can't currently use because... I AM HOMELESS!!!! No thanks. I did offer to roll up the ashen, smoke damaged, water logged mattress we found the body of my dead cat on. I was well under my 100 days and they have a life time warranty right?!!

Nest Bedding response

Hi. Our team offered you a replacement mattress at less than our own cost. You've chosen to leave this same negative review anywhere you can post and that is regrettable. Our team did not request that you return the damaged product.

We ourselves sympathize with your situation, as most of our team members in Paradise, CA, lost their homes in the recent Camp Fire, last November and most of them spent months homeless because of the terrible situation. We are also glad to hear you have insurance.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I would 10/10 NOT recommend the Alexander Hybrid Mattress to anyone. I test the mattress in one of the Nest Bedding pop-up stores and found the medium firmness to be comfortable. The mattress was very comfortable for about the first three months of use. After the three month point, I began to notice that the firmness of mattress was diminishing. One side of the mattress began to sink in far more than the other side. Both my partner and I have found this mattress to be extremely uncomfortable and to cause restless sleep.

After the one year mark of owning the mattress, I reached out to Nest Bedding customer service to see if they would exchange the mattress. After lots of back and forth, they asked me to send in pictures of the mattress without the sheets. The mattress had a protective sheet over it so the condition of the material was like new. In the photo, you could not see any indentations in the mattress, which is obviously expected, so they were not willing to exchange the mattress. I asked Nest Bedding if they would send a worker out to inspect the mattress in-person but they did not agree to this. I highly suggest spending your money on a more reputable company. The mattress was expensive and has led to nearly a year of bad sleep.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I wish a year ago I would have checked more reviews as I have also not had the greatest time working with Nest. I ordered my mattress with Nest less than a year ago. The first problem was shipping, the mattress was late and Nest told me I would get the mattress delivered to my door but the weight was too high for Fedex to bring it to me so I had to drive 20 miles to the fedex facility, pick up the mattress and take it to my eleventh floor apartment by myself. I am 125 lbs and it was pretty difficult to maneuver myself but I got it done. Nest sent me a pillow for my troubles.. Now 10 months later my mattress is having sinking issues on my side.

When I reached out to Nest about getting a new bed the employee I was emailing with told me I would get 50% off the new mattress because I had a "lifetime guarantee". Well a few weeks later I budgeted for the new mattress and was ready to purchase but when I reached out the new guy I was speaking with told me it was only a 30% discount and that the other employees was incorrect and would get spoken too. He proceeded to tell me that I would need to do a warranty check and send in pictures of the sinking mattress. So I proceeded to do so, and no response until I followed up a few days later to see what was happening.

Nonetheless he couldn't see any problem...which I figured would happen. So he said they would have someone contact me to physically come look at the mattress. At this point it has been a few weeks of this whole ordeal and I just let him know I would take the loss and go with a different mattress company that has it together a little more. Keeping in mind this whole time I never tried to get a free mattress or a refund. I simply wanted to purchase a new different mattress for the 50% off I was told in the beginning, but now I'll be purchasing elsewhere.

Resolution response: Nov. 25, 2019

After couple back and forth, nest picked up my mattress and provided a new one. Overall it took longer than I wished, but satisfied. Just afraid this might happen again within a year.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

It's been about a year since I bought the mattress and it's been great. Lately there has been so much body indentation that I've been sinking in so much to the point of my back, neck and shoulders hurting a lot. As requested, I gave them all the pictures they need for the warranty claim and some more. This is what they came back with, "we not seeing very much at this point that would qualify for a warranty. The best thing is to get a 15-25 pound weight and place it on both sides of the mattress with a straight edge in front of it and see if it sinks further on one side over the other with a measuring tape."

This is a huge red flag for me because every picture I sent is clearly under the covered defects on their site. If you look at their warranty on their side, it clearly states "Visible indentation or sag of the foam mattress greater than one (1) inch that is not a result of improper use, an improper bed, bed base or foundation, including damaged caused by the use of flexing or bowed slats" is covered. I have sent in multiple pictures, angles of the bed sagging about 2 inches with zero weight. I've been "bedless" for almost 2 weeks, because my back hurts so much sleeping on this mattress, but however long it takes I will continue to jump through these hoops.

I will continue to jump through these hoops because this is a very expensive mattress in comparison to other bed in a box mattresses and I don't want to throw away ~1300 dollars, but we warned that you will be jumping through these hoops in the future. Just for reference we have a king sized bed, I am ~180 pounds and my partner is ~110 pounds. The base we use is an adjustable bed. I will be more than happy to continue to write updates on this to show to the consumers regarding what I genuinely believe everyone will face in the future.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I would definitely NOT recommend it to anyone. When they try to sell you the mattress they tell you it’s lifetime warranty which is a scam because their warranty is giving you 50% off a new mattress. Why would I buy from them again if I’m not happy with the one I have that’s less than 2 years. DO NOT WASTE your money. Ikea’s mattress are way better as well as their customer service. I tried to reach out to them about my problem with the mattress and even Amber communicated with Amber via email (because they’re too busy to take the time and speak with their customer) but nothing was resolve. NEST BEDDING are simply a SCAM and will probably go out of business soon. Check BBB site to see how many others are having issues like mine with this company. Rating 00000000.

Nest Bedding response

We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your purchase. Our Lifetime Warranty can be referenced on our website.

Sounds like you've actually mixed up our warranty with a newer initiative we've designed to allow loyal customers to purchase more mattresses for their household down the road, at 50% off. This program is called our Lifetime Comfort Guarantee, which can be referenced on our website.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I purchased an Alexander hybrid medium mattress in the past that was too soft. Then I was given the suggestion by a customer service agent for me swap to the Alexander hybrid latex medium which was still too soft. They can't do additional exchanges which is fine so I decided to just return the second mattress. I specifically asked the customer service agent whether I would be able to purchase again in the future or if there were any restrictions on that since I had already tried and returned two mattress. It would have been fair for them to say I couldn't but that didn't happen.

I was clearly and plainly told via an email that I would in no way be affected on future purchases. And that I would be entitled to a new trial period, AND a return AND an exchange if need be. Then several months later I decided to try a new mattress from them that was better but still not providing the low back support I needed so I decided maybe Saatva or Avocado (something with zoned coils) would be better.

ONLY AT THAT POINT was I then told that I was no longer entitled to an exchange nor could I return the mattress. That it was final sale and I had to keep it no matter what issues I had. Then they point to a NEWLY CHANGED policy saying I can't return it if I've purchased in the past. How convenient that it was never mentioned at any point during my MANY MANY communications with them both in the past and recently. Not when I returned my previous mattress, not before I purchased my new one, not after I purchased the new one, nothing.

I was even given a LONGER trial in an attempt to get me to keep the mattress. But ONLY at the point where I mentioned returning the mattress was I suddenly told that I couldn't return my mattress and I was not entitled to a trial at all. So basically someone's lying and or being deceitful. Either the first customer service rep lied to get me to buy a new mattress knowing I couldn't return it. Or the new rep is lying because he knows I'm entitled to a return but he doesn't want to offer me one.

In addition they have never addressed my repeated mentions of the fact that I was very clearly told that I could try, exchange and return new mattresses in the future without issue. Well that was the farthest thing from the truth. It took 9 days to respond to me and that response only came about the day after I threatened to complain to the BBB. Then they give me excuses saying they have no proof of them ever telling me I could have more return and/or exchanges. So I respond by providing them this proof via past email correspondence. Which was of course followed by another 6 days of silence and multiple ignored messages. Apparently their method of handling the issue is to ignore me, provide me with invalid excuses, and then ignore me again when I show proof instead of admitting their own fault.

The worst part is my initial experience was great. But they ruined it now and I wouldn't trust them again in the future. Unless you're 100% sure you want a mattress that you've never even slept on before (which is no one), I could no longer recommend Nest Bedding. The mattresses themselves aren't bad. But the experience of finding the right one for you isn't worth the hassle.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Purchased a Hybrid Latex Queen mattress which felt comfortable in the store, but when trying it at home for several nights felt too firm and too tall. Simply too much mattress for us. Especially since my wife just had twins via c-section and getting in and out of bed is harder than it has ever been! It's also too much mattress for our West Elm bed frame! One side of the mattress doesn't even sit flush inside the side rail. Reached out to Nest CS, and was asked to send in pictures of the mattress which I did promptly.

48 hours later I receive a call from the NYC store manager (who helped me initially) saying that they cannot take back the mattress for a refund unless it's for a comfort issue, and that the mattress being too tall is not a comfort issue. The mattress is not the right fit for multiple reasons -- height, firmness and overall size! Yes, I understand that firmness can be adjusted perhaps, but the other factors in being satisfied with a mattress here are simply non negotiable.

FROM NEST'S SITE: "If a mattress exchange is not for you, worry not. As much as we hate to lose you from the Nest Bedding family, we also understand that sometimes our product may not be the right fit for your needs. Nest Bedding offers free returns on mattresses after the 30th night of your 100-night trial." Your so-called return policy is just lip-service to make customers believe that they are getting a different shopping experience from traditional mattress stores, but it is exactly the same if not worse! You fail to honor what is very clearly stated on YOUR site in plain English. Avoid Nest Bedding unless you are 1000% percent sure on your decision in buying a mattress. Otherwise you can kiss your ** goodbye. F- IN CUSTOMER CARE

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I bought a mattress from NEST and it ended up not being the best option for me. NEST has a return policy, which I went through the process to return the product. NEST does all they can to keep from having you get a new mattress or a refund. I was asked to take pictures of the tag, mattress with no sheets and the frame I was using. I was asked to walk on the bed to break it in. To keep the mattress at least 30 days. I was offered a topper. None of which solved the fact the bed hurt my shoulders when I slept.

Then, I was told to take the mattress and donate it since they do not take returns (but they will send a disposal company for the mattress) and send proof I donated it. When I stated I would donate it, but I would like my money back because I still needed to find another mattress I was accused of trying to commit fraud. I filed a complaint with the BBB, donated the mattress to Goodwill, sent proof to NEST and finally received a full refund. If you don't like your mattress and wish to call NEST on their return policy, good luck, it's all on the customer. Would never recommend this company to anyone due to the customer service post sale.

To Whom it May Concern:

This customer was granted a return or exchange 10-days early despite our published requirement of a minimum of 30-days on the mattress. All fees were waived as an accommodation for his need and we offered to assist in helping the customer find a local donation option or a free pick-up and disposal of the mattress. The customer requested a full refund before the mattress was picked-up or was donated. The following response was provided:

"Thank you for writing and for considering a local donation. Unfortunately, due to issues with fraud in the past, we have a pretty rigid policy on refunds being provided before the item purchased is removed from the home. I'm sincerely sorry for this inconvenience. I will gladly have a pick-up scheduled if that makes it easier for your need."

The customer escalated heavily. The following response was received:

"After going through what I have with NEST (multiple e-mails, walking around on the bed as asked, pictures, many sleepless nights, and now not even using the product) to accuse me of potentially trying to commit fraud against your company is a real shame. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB, I

As I sit here, both of my shoulders still have lingering pain. That is from your product."

Our response and apology for the confusion:

"Thank you for your candid feedback. My response, nor our policy, is intended to insinuate anything about you or your character. My sincere apologies that it is being interpreted in that way. Please let me know how and when you would like to proceed with the return and refund and I will gladly assist.

I'm sincerely sorry that this has upset you."

The customer provided a donation receipt on day 25 and a full refund was provided via PayPal within 4 hrs of submission of the donation receipt as an accommodation for his need and urgency. I do encourage any future customers who are reading this to contact us directly if you have any needs or would like more information about this review or interaction.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Nicole, in Costa Mesa, CA, sold my daughter and I mattresses and I purchased a adjustable bed. I was going to wait and do research but she told us about the 100 days to try it out and if not happy you can return the item for an exchange or full refund. She recommended a bed that can be controlled by an app. That app is terrible. I worked for months with the manufacturer and Nicole to take care of the problem but it still exists. I found out that after I ordered the adjustable bed that I could not return the adjustable bed even when there was a problem with it. No 30 days, not even one day return policy. The app has a rating of 1.7 and many people have the same problem I am having but still they will not take the adjustable bed back.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The hybrid latex has changed over time, but the data that Nest shows on its website are not consistent so it is unclear what is accurate. The photo does not show all the layers that are in the bed, also the photo shows a picture of a Leggett and Platt combination coil system which is not in the current version of the bed. As a result of all the confusing and mismatched information the reviews that are prevalent across different websites are for beds with different components. The bed has changed so much that it should have been renamed. The coil system, the cover, the intermediate layers and the latex have all changed.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for writing. I'm sincerely sorry for the confusion as it relates to our new latex options. The coils in the new sleep system are a Leggett & Platt unit (Caliber Edge), and as far as I can tell, all of the layers in this updated mattress are being shown on the website. If you are seeing something that I have missed, please write to me directly at todd@nestbedding.com with your observations and feedback. We sincerely have no interest in misleading or creating an intentionally confusing shopping experience. Your feedback is actually greatly appreciated as we control to develop and grow here at Nest Bedding.

Sincerely,

Todd

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We bought a latex bed. It took forever to get it. The excuse was a “material shortage”. The bed finally arrived after 2 weeks or so. It was too hard. We went back to the store in Costa Mesa and requested a swap to a hybrid latex bed. The sales people were very kind and accommodating. We wanted the bed for our second bedroom so that our daughter, who is getting married would have a new bed. We have yet to receive the bed after 6 business days. In fact, we called Costa Mesa and they apparently can’t even get an ETA from the manufacturer. Our daughter can’t sleep on the hard bed. It is puzzling to me as to why Nest can’t get its manufacturer to produce beds faster.

The hybrid has a spring base. Unless the manufacturer is stupid, they should have springs on hand. Then they have to cut a piece of latex for the top layer. This doesn’t seem to be something that should take that long to produce. Nest employees are great and helpful. Their manufacturer sucks. Be prepared to wait for your bed. Perhaps we should have just gone to a store that did not carry a boutique line. Then we probably my would have gotten the bed shipped within a day. Too bad because the customer service at the sales level gets canceled out by a lousy, slow manufacturer.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for writing and for sharing your feedback as we navigated the busiest month in our business history. I'm sure you saw the post on your Yelp! review from our owner, but I wanted to post it here as well after the positive outcome when the mattress was delivered on 9/11/2018. The updated 4-star review that was left for our Costa Mesa team was greatly appreciated.

"9/10/2018 Hi Mercedes. Yeah, we really underestimated just how incredibly popular the new Latex line I designed would be. We have exceeded projections by 500%. That's my fault. As you have seen, the bed is an incredible value, well built, just taking some time to get to you. I will make sure that is expedited. My manufacturer isn't small nor poorly run, we just can't keep up with demand! Watch for something from my staff in the morning and we will get this over to you ASAP!" - Joe Alexander, Owner

Thank you for being a valued member of the Nest Bedding family. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our team if you have any additional questions or needs. Have a great day.

Todd

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I ordered a hybrid firm and it was punishingly firm (our other mattresses were "firm" so we thought we liked firm). I tried sleeping in it for a week and my extremities would fall asleep, and my knees and my butt. After about 10 days it started to aggravate my old injuries (shoulder, knees and stomach). I just couldn't stay in the bed for more than a few hours and both my husband and I tossed and turned for the last 2 weeks. Now we fight over who gets to sleep on the couch until the new bed arrives. ** Nest was true to their great customer service and is sending a medium-firm hybrid. Still waiting for them to ship the medium firm and I will update when we see how that goes.

We like that it doesn't sleep hot -- and my husband often sweats the bed to the point of soaking it and having to change his clothes. It is really really bouncy, which is weird given how firm it was. I disliked the bounce at first and I can feel my husband cough and toss and turn. But I am getting used to it and the trade off for cool-sleeping and being able to move on the bed.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Alexander Signature is one of the best mattress I have ever seen. I was little worry to buy it online but now I'm 100% satisfied. Mattress got luxury style and it's very comfortable. If you want to get it with discount I recommend to search online: peakget Nest Bedding.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We purchased the Nest Alexander after being upsold from the Love model. TL;DR, not happy with it, wish we could return it, Nest as a company makes it near impossible (and reading other reviews, apparently notoriously difficult) to secure a refund and the "Lifetime Comfort Guarantee" really doesn't translate too much. Let me walk you through what may, with a high probability, be your buying experience in the near future. You'll walk into the store, excited about the premise of a high-quality memory foam bed at a fraction of the price, and the embroidery on the beds will invite you to lay down into a soft cushy layer of foam. You may even purchase a bed, telling yourself a story of better sleep for years to come, and an easy hassle-free return policy *just in case* it doesn't work out. It sounds wonderful, right?

Your first night (and almost every night subsequently), I know this may sound gross, but you will sweat in the bed. You will ABSOLUTELY sweat because of the memory foam. Memory foam traps heat and doesn't allow it to dissipate - period. It doesn't matter how many times they mention "cooling technology", offer a "cooling mattress protector", or simply ignore the hundreds of complaints about their bed. You can be a 95 lb woman, a 210 lb man, somewhere in between - regardless, you will wake up nightly in a damp, clammy, grossed out state. Having sweat in the bed, your warranty and the ability to return the mattress will be immediately voided as sweat = a stain (sorry for the grossness). This seems suspiciously intentional on the part of Nest as a company.

You can complain, but it will be impossible to get a refund. Don't believe their promises (notice how they subtly shift the blame back onto each customer in each one of the above and below reviews where someone complains about the return process - if they offer a "Lifetime Comfort Guarantee", how could it possibly be so difficult to return an item?). You'll notice if you delve into the actual terms of the "Lifetime Comfort Guarantee" policy that what it really boils down to is 50% a new bed model (who would want to spend another $$$ in order to effectively process a return?).

We spent 4 weeks going back and forth with their customer service team over email, specifically a Todd ** who is the Director of Customer Experience. It was a terrible experience. Similar to other reviews, Nest asked for a detailed history of what bed frames we had used, what sheets we had used, and other areas of inquiry. We've actually tried three different bed frames and went without a bed frame - in the course of trying to solve for this bed, we used a wooden platform frame, a wire mesh one, a pallet bed frame, and eventually even on the floor. We tried high thread count sheets, low thread count sheets - none of it changes the molecular composition of a memory foam bed that traps heat.

Save yourself the hassle - you can get a similar memory foam mattress on Wayfair for $200-$300. Since the Nest bed will only last you a couple of years anyway, and you'll never be able to return it, why spend the extra few hundred dollars? Or try Casper or Purple, IDK - I have to imagine their return policy is actually honored (though I have no claims/evidence, we're going with Leesa Sapira, a pocket coil bed, for our next one - we are done with Nest). We wish it wasn't so, we were so excited when we first purchased the bed and even up to the point of initiating a customer service thread, thought they would see it through. This company is flash in the pan.

To Whom it May Concern:

This customer purchased in July 2015 and did not reach out to Nest Bedding in any way until June 2018. No attempt was made during the trial period or thereafter to find a solution to the overheating issue nor was there ever a request for an exception to be made regarding the mattress being returned despite not being in like-new condition. The only communication that was had with the customer is when they reached out demanding a cash refund after nearly three years of ownership to prevent them from writing negative reviews on major websites (see below).

“If Nest is unable to process the refund, our only alternative is to share our honest feedback– on a bed that sleeps hot, which is information that won't be shared with you during the sales process, with a warranty that will immediately be voided by that fact – with Yelp, Best Mattress Review, Mattress Nerd, Good Bed, Sleep Sherpa, Sleepopolis, Consumer Affairs, our own social media, the BBB, and all friends and family.”

Despite the aggression, the customer was presented with professional responses and sincere attempts to find no-costs solutions, as well as suggestions on ways their sleep environment could be improved so that the mattress was working for their needs. Finally, the customer was grandfathered into our Lifetime Comfort Guarantee, which provided an opportunity to purchase a replacement mattress with a 50% discount.

Nest Bedding produces a line of mattresses and bedding products that are designed to meet the needs of a broad spectrum of customers. We will fully admit, not every product is going to work for every customer, but that is why we have a diverse product line. We employ highly qualified staff so that we can learn from the first experience and help a customer transition to something that better meets their need. We do have the expectation that the mattress is properly protected during the comfort trial, and occasionally have to restrict a return if it has been damaged (less than 1% of returns). We always work with a customer on temperature issues and we always review each damaged mattress case-by-case when it is brought to our attention within a reasonable timeframe.

Thank you for your consideration of Nest Bedding. Please feel free to write to us at customerservice@nestbedding.com if you have any additional questions about the claims that are being made in this review.

Sincerely,

Resolution response: July 24, 2018

Thankfully a wonderful employee named Todd was able to help get the mattress returned.

The mattress itself wasn't poor quality, it simply wasn't for me. As it turns out, I may have been sent a mislabeled mattress. But you have to sleep on it for a full 30 days before you are even eligible to return it. Once you ask to return, the company policy is to try to get you into a different mattress, not just refund you and be done. They are nice about it but keep trying so it delays the process.

I would recommend that a customer asks upfront, and gets it in writing, what the steps required to return the mattress if it comes to that. There are specific photos required which would be easier to get if you knew ahead of time what is expected. Including that information with the mattress would also beneficial.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have been attempting to return my mattress for over 30 days now. This company wants to stall and continue to talk and diagnose things. The mattress is not soft like it should be. The mattress feels exactly like a regular old plush top spring mattress. The foam doesn't feel like memory foam. It doesn't get hot so maybe that is a trade off but I want a memory foam feel. Anyway, that shouldn't be a big deal, it isn't for me, take it back. Finally frustrated, yesterday I decided to remove the mattress from my bed and put my old mattress back on. In forethought, I snapped some photos of the mattress to show that it is in perfect condition. I sent them the photos, told them I took it off my bed and am still wanting to return it. So now today, I get an email stating that they want specific photos of the mattress and even pics from under my bed. WHAT??

They had the last 30 days to tell me what they wanted from me but they never did. Now that they know the mattress is off the bed, they want photos that are impossible to get. The wood supports are not on the bed anymore because my old mattress doesn't need them. I am beyond frustrated with trying to get this mattress out of my house. I finally called my credit card company today to file a claim. If you depending on the 100 night guarantee, look elsewhere. This company is horrible to deal with if you don't want to keep their mattress. What a disappointing experience. Now I have this incredibly heavy 100+ pound mattress leaning against a wall with storage totes in front to help keep it from falling down. It is not safe there and I want it out of my house!

Original review: June 3, 2018

Had been thinking about purchasing a new mattress for a while now. But I'm a cheap tightwad. So each time I would get to looking, I'd change my mind and say "I have something to sleep on, no need spending money I don't have on something I already have." But the mattress I had been sleeping on for the 3 years I have been in this location hurt my back. And I'm very top heavy so it would kinda sink in at the heaviest part of me and I'd feel like I was sleeping downhill head first. Just all uncomfortable all the way around. So this time I got to thinking about it and searching, I came across Nest Bedding Love and Sleep Mattress. Before I knew it I had it in the cart and checked out. Done it completely on impulse before I changed my mind. Then I went to worrying and reading more reviews about people saying it was uncomfortable, and getting the run around upon trying to return it. But excited, nevertheless, to receive my new mattress.

So the big day comes, I'm at my hair appointment, head full of foils when I get the alert that it has been delivered. I'm getting antsy and impatient ready to get to the house to get it safely inside before I go to work. Lol so I get home, drag the box in, move the old mattress and get to work unboxing it. I've never opened a bed in the box before and when I laid it across my bed frame I'm disappointed and thinking the mattress was the wrong size. But when I finally got the plastic off and it started unfolding itself I seen the truth. How they get such a big mattress folded into such a small package I'll never know. But I just laughed at myself. So the moment of truth will it support my weight and be comfy at the same time. I lay on it and all I can say is I wanted to call in to work and just lay on my bed all night, but I still have to pay for it so I hurry out the door to work. Anxious to get home and go to sleep!

I'm here to tell you that my first sleep on this mattress blew me away. It was so comfortable. I don't remember tossing and turning as much as I usually do and the best part of all... I woke up with virtually no back pain. So many times on my old mattress. And by so many times I mean every day, I wake up and can't sleep as long as I'd like due to back pain. I get up and hobble into the front of the house like I'm 74 years old. And I'm only 32!!!! But upon waking from my first sleep on this mattress, I woke up pain free and walking to the front like any young spry 32 year old should! Lol why anyone would even consider sending this mattress back is beyond me. I love it and will recommend it over any high end mattress to anyone out there. 5 stars from this Mississippi girl!

Original review: April 4, 2018

One day, my sister and I went to Nest Bedding, we sat on their beds, and we thought, “Hey, this feels pretty good.” My granddaughter who lives with me needed a new mattress then. That weekend I went back and I got it for her, and she loves it. When they delivered it, it was unwrapped and then they just put it out. It was beautiful and the quality was very nice. The sales rep wasn’t pushy. She just waited till we asked her questions. She was very nice and informative when we did ask her. She really had a lot to do with us making up our minds to purchase one and I am very happy with my purchase.

Original review: April 3, 2018

We had a great experience with Nest. They're local and we could go to the store, explore and actually sit on the different mattresses. Also, they took out the middle person and it kept the price down to a very affordable amount. The sales representatives have always been very informed, helpful, patient with us because we made some adjustments, very accommodating and very good at communicating. Even the delivery team was great and very timely. We bought a mattress, a topper, a blanket, a coverlet and two pillows. It’s great and we like them. It took us a while to find the exact right combination, but we’re very happy with it now. The overall quality is excellent. And, I recommended them to my son if he moves out to the Bay Area.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I visited stores and I tested out a bunch of other foam mattresses. Most of them were very similar in feel but Nest seemed to be 30 or 40% cheaper than with Casper. Also, everyone there were very friendly and helpful. Our interaction was very pleasant and they showed me everything in the store. I purchased the queen-sized foam bed and I really enjoy the product. It has been a positive impact to my sleep and it is a great value. It is a very good sleep product for the money.

Nest Bedding response

Hey Michael, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your Nest Bedding experience. Glad to hear you where able to make it into one of our stores! Hope you enjoy your mattresses for many years to come:)

Original review: April 1, 2018

We've had a great, fantastic experience with Nest Bedding. We visited their showroom in Palo Alto and tried out their product. We liked it quite a bit and although we tried out a few other stores in the area, nothing had the same maximization of price and comfort. Also unlike other places we went to, Nest Bedding's sales reps were not pushy at all but they were still informative. They introduced us to what they’re about, let us try things by ourselves and came back a few times just to make sure. Once we had made the rounds, we wanted to double check and verify if it’s the right decision and it was. I really like their staff. I highly recommend Nest Bedding. We have had the bed about half a year now and the quality is great. My wife and I both sleep much better than the previous mattress.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I was searching for top beds and wanted to get something that was better than what I got before. I found Nest Bedding online and it was my first time purchasing a bed so I spent time to research it. The Alexander foam that I bought was a little bit too soft for me so I would’ve preferred something a little bit firmer but the experience was good. I also like that's it not too hot, which is nice. The sales rep told me what my options were and explained the trade-off between each one. The delivery was great, it came on time and was exactly what I expected. I would tell my friends to go look at the Nest Bedding site and look at the options offered with the Bay Area. I would recommend trying it out and going to a store, which is what I did.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I had heard from others that Nest Bedding had good mattresses, so I decided to purchase from them. They've been great. I went into the store and tried different beds, and the sales rep was always very helpful. The delivery guys were helpful as well and very good. They came in and set the new mattress up, and I disposed of the old mattress myself. But we had some issues with the delivery of the box spring. The queen mattress that I got from Nest Bedding last July is between firm and plush, as I've been a side sleeper, and I liked it a lot. It's a good mattress and my sleep has been better.

Nest Bedding response

Hi Kim, Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Nest Bedding. We are happy to hear your store experience was a pleasant one!

Original review: March 25, 2018

The mattress I had was nine years old, I needed a new one and I started doing some research. I spent six months reading about mattresses from different vendors and seeing what was out there. I also caught onto this whole 'buy your mattress online" craze and that made me look at a number of Nest Bedding and a couple of other ones. I lied down in a couple of expensive memory foams and I found that they heat up over time. I’m heat-sensitive and Nest was a high wood mattress. It was softer and didn't have that same memory foam heat retention problem that I had seen with some other pure memory foam mattresses. Nest was also very price-competitive and they had a showroom here in New York, so I was able to see it and lie on it.

The rep, a very nice young man, said that he owned one and was very pleased with it. I tried different ones and the latex mattresses on the showroom felt quite nice but it was thin. I also tried the latex hybrid but I didn't like it since it was a bit firmer than I wanted. I also went to Dixie Beds which had some latex mattresses that I lied on and they were price-competitive but I liked the height on the Nest bed.

Once I got it, It shipped very quickly and set-up was something I was able to handle on my own. The mattress is heavy so I had to take my time driving it into my bedroom. Getting the thing unpacked wasn't that tough but it would be nice if they could package a knife that you could use to cut through the plastic which would ensure that you don't damage the mattress. There's a tight packing around it and you don't want to use a blade because you don't want to slice open your mattress. I managed to find a pair of scissors which did the job and once I got that done, it popped open fast on its own.

I kept my old mattress around for a day or two. There was some slight gassing but it wasn't terrible. Just to be on the safe side, I didn't want to lie in it for about 24 hours. And then, I just swapped it in and out. I had to buy a mattress bag for my existing mattress in order to dispose of it. If they could bundle up a complimentary bag in with their mattress so that you could use it to wrap your old mattress for disposal, that would be a nice feature. Overall, the experience has been pretty good. I got no complaints about the mattress and it has served me well. It's a great product but I haven't had it for very long, so I don't know how it's going to age so I'll find that out. I would recommend Nest Beds to someone else and I would tell them that it’s pretty good.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I saw Nest Bedding in the paper in the mail so I went online to see if I could get some reviews about it and the reviews were very good. The sales rep was very nice, very helpful and very patient. I purchased a mattress and adjustable bed. It sleeps very well, but I get hot in it and I thought I was purchasing something that had cooling gel properties in it. Nonetheless, the delivery was on the third floor and it went very well and as promised. The product was in new condition and the set-up went well.

Nest Bedding Company Information