2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.55/5

Need a good mattress?

Since 2011, Nest Bedding has provided our customers with factory-direct, quality and eco-friendly mattresses and bedding. We hand make our mattresses in the United States with Queen sizes starting at $599. Our natural bedding products include organic sheets and blankets for the whole family.

We have a 10+ year warranty, 100 night no risk trial, free shipping, and financing starting at 0%. What’s not to love? Try Nest Bedding today by visiting one of our eight locations in the New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago areas, or shop online.

View More View More

Nest Bedding Reviews

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I bought a mattress from NEST and it ended up not being the best option for me. NEST has a return policy, which I went through the process to return the product. NEST does all they can to keep from having you get a new mattress or a refund. I was asked to take pictures of the tag, mattress with no sheets and the frame I was using. I was asked to walk on the bed to break it in. To keep the mattress at least 30 days. I was offered a topper. None of which solved the fact the bed hurt my shoulders when I slept.

Then, I was told to take the mattress and donate it since they do not take returns (but they will send a disposal company for the mattress) and send proof I donated it. When I stated I would donate it, but I would like my money back because I still needed to find another mattress I was accused of trying to commit fraud. I filed a complaint with the BBB, donated the mattress to Goodwill, sent proof to NEST and finally received a full refund. If you don't like your mattress and wish to call NEST on their return policy, good luck, it's all on the customer. Would never recommend this company to anyone due to the customer service post sale.

To Whom it May Concern:

This customer was granted a return or exchange 10-days early despite our published requirement of a minimum of 30-days on the mattress. All fees were waived as an accommodation for his need and we offered to assist in helping the customer find a local donation option or a free pick-up and disposal of the mattress. The customer requested a full refund before the mattress was picked-up or was donated. The following response was provided:

"Thank you for writing and for considering a local donation. Unfortunately, due to issues with fraud in the past, we have a pretty rigid policy on refunds being provided before the item purchased is removed from the home. I'm sincerely sorry for this inconvenience. I will gladly have a pick-up scheduled if that makes it easier for your need."

The customer escalated heavily. The following response was received:

"After going through what I have with NEST (multiple e-mails, walking around on the bed as asked, pictures, many sleepless nights, and now not even using the product) to accuse me of potentially trying to commit fraud against your company is a real shame. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB, I

As I sit here, both of my shoulders still have lingering pain. That is from your product."

Our response and apology for the confusion:

"Thank you for your candid feedback. My response, nor our policy, is intended to insinuate anything about you or your character. My sincere apologies that it is being interpreted in that way. Please let me know how and when you would like to proceed with the return and refund and I will gladly assist.

I'm sincerely sorry that this has upset you."

The customer provided a donation receipt on day 25 and a full refund was provided via PayPal within 4 hrs of submission of the donation receipt as an accommodation for his need and urgency. I do encourage any future customers who are reading this to contact us directly if you have any needs or would like more information about this review or interaction.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Nicole, in Costa Mesa, CA, sold my daughter and I mattresses and I purchased a adjustable bed. I was going to wait and do research but she told us about the 100 days to try it out and if not happy you can return the item for an exchange or full refund. She recommended a bed that can be controlled by an app. That app is terrible. I worked for months with the manufacturer and Nicole to take care of the problem but it still exists. I found out that after I ordered the adjustable bed that I could not return the adjustable bed even when there was a problem with it. No 30 days, not even one day return policy. The app has a rating of 1.7 and many people have the same problem I am having but still they will not take the adjustable bed back.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The hybrid latex has changed over time, but the data that Nest shows on its website are not consistent so it is unclear what is accurate. The photo does not show all the layers that are in the bed, also the photo shows a picture of a Leggett and Platt combination coil system which is not in the current version of the bed. As a result of all the confusing and mismatched information the reviews that are prevalent across different websites are for beds with different components. The bed has changed so much that it should have been renamed. The coil system, the cover, the intermediate layers and the latex have all changed.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for writing. I'm sincerely sorry for the confusion as it relates to our new latex options. The coils in the new sleep system are a Leggett & Platt unit (Caliber Edge), and as far as I can tell, all of the layers in this updated mattress are being shown on the website. If you are seeing something that I have missed, please write to me directly at todd@nestbedding.com with your observations and feedback. We sincerely have no interest in misleading or creating an intentionally confusing shopping experience. Your feedback is actually greatly appreciated as we control to develop and grow here at Nest Bedding.

Sincerely,

Todd

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We bought a latex bed. It took forever to get it. The excuse was a “material shortage”. The bed finally arrived after 2 weeks or so. It was too hard. We went back to the store in Costa Mesa and requested a swap to a hybrid latex bed. The sales people were very kind and accommodating. We wanted the bed for our second bedroom so that our daughter, who is getting married would have a new bed. We have yet to receive the bed after 6 business days. In fact, we called Costa Mesa and they apparently can’t even get an ETA from the manufacturer. Our daughter can’t sleep on the hard bed. It is puzzling to me as to why Nest can’t get its manufacturer to produce beds faster.

The hybrid has a spring base. Unless the manufacturer is stupid, they should have springs on hand. Then they have to cut a piece of latex for the top layer. This doesn’t seem to be something that should take that long to produce. Nest employees are great and helpful. Their manufacturer sucks. Be prepared to wait for your bed. Perhaps we should have just gone to a store that did not carry a boutique line. Then we probably my would have gotten the bed shipped within a day. Too bad because the customer service at the sales level gets canceled out by a lousy, slow manufacturer.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for writing and for sharing your feedback as we navigated the busiest month in our business history. I'm sure you saw the post on your Yelp! review from our owner, but I wanted to post it here as well after the positive outcome when the mattress was delivered on 9/11/2018. The updated 4-star review that was left for our Costa Mesa team was greatly appreciated.

"9/10/2018 Hi Mercedes. Yeah, we really underestimated just how incredibly popular the new Latex line I designed would be. We have exceeded projections by 500%. That's my fault. As you have seen, the bed is an incredible value, well built, just taking some time to get to you. I will make sure that is expedited. My manufacturer isn't small nor poorly run, we just can't keep up with demand! Watch for something from my staff in the morning and we will get this over to you ASAP!" - Joe Alexander, Owner

Thank you for being a valued member of the Nest Bedding family. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our team if you have any additional questions or needs. Have a great day.

Todd

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I ordered a hybrid firm and it was punishingly firm (our other mattresses were "firm" so we thought we liked firm). I tried sleeping in it for a week and my extremities would fall asleep, and my knees and my butt. After about 10 days it started to aggravate my old injuries (shoulder, knees and stomach). I just couldn't stay in the bed for more than a few hours and both my husband and I tossed and turned for the last 2 weeks. Now we fight over who gets to sleep on the couch until the new bed arrives. ** Nest was true to their great customer service and is sending a medium-firm hybrid. Still waiting for them to ship the medium firm and I will update when we see how that goes.

We like that it doesn't sleep hot -- and my husband often sweats the bed to the point of soaking it and having to change his clothes. It is really really bouncy, which is weird given how firm it was. I disliked the bounce at first and I can feel my husband cough and toss and turn. But I am getting used to it and the trade off for cool-sleeping and being able to move on the bed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nest Bedding?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Alexander Signature is one of the best mattress I have ever seen. I was little worry to buy it online but now I'm 100% satisfied. Mattress got luxury style and it's very comfortable. If you want to get it with discount I recommend to search online: peakget Nest Bedding.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We purchased the Nest Alexander after being upsold from the Love model. TL;DR, not happy with it, wish we could return it, Nest as a company makes it near impossible (and reading other reviews, apparently notoriously difficult) to secure a refund and the "Lifetime Comfort Guarantee" really doesn't translate too much. Let me walk you through what may, with a high probability, be your buying experience in the near future. You'll walk into the store, excited about the premise of a high-quality memory foam bed at a fraction of the price, and the embroidery on the beds will invite you to lay down into a soft cushy layer of foam. You may even purchase a bed, telling yourself a story of better sleep for years to come, and an easy hassle-free return policy *just in case* it doesn't work out. It sounds wonderful, right?

Your first night (and almost every night subsequently), I know this may sound gross, but you will sweat in the bed. You will ABSOLUTELY sweat because of the memory foam. Memory foam traps heat and doesn't allow it to dissipate - period. It doesn't matter how many times they mention "cooling technology", offer a "cooling mattress protector", or simply ignore the hundreds of complaints about their bed. You can be a 95 lb woman, a 210 lb man, somewhere in between - regardless, you will wake up nightly in a damp, clammy, grossed out state. Having sweat in the bed, your warranty and the ability to return the mattress will be immediately voided as sweat = a stain (sorry for the grossness). This seems suspiciously intentional on the part of Nest as a company.

You can complain, but it will be impossible to get a refund. Don't believe their promises (notice how they subtly shift the blame back onto each customer in each one of the above and below reviews where someone complains about the return process - if they offer a "Lifetime Comfort Guarantee", how could it possibly be so difficult to return an item?). You'll notice if you delve into the actual terms of the "Lifetime Comfort Guarantee" policy that what it really boils down to is 50% a new bed model (who would want to spend another $$$ in order to effectively process a return?).

We spent 4 weeks going back and forth with their customer service team over email, specifically a Todd ** who is the Director of Customer Experience. It was a terrible experience. Similar to other reviews, Nest asked for a detailed history of what bed frames we had used, what sheets we had used, and other areas of inquiry. We've actually tried three different bed frames and went without a bed frame - in the course of trying to solve for this bed, we used a wooden platform frame, a wire mesh one, a pallet bed frame, and eventually even on the floor. We tried high thread count sheets, low thread count sheets - none of it changes the molecular composition of a memory foam bed that traps heat.

Save yourself the hassle - you can get a similar memory foam mattress on Wayfair for $200-$300. Since the Nest bed will only last you a couple of years anyway, and you'll never be able to return it, why spend the extra few hundred dollars? Or try Casper or Purple, IDK - I have to imagine their return policy is actually honored (though I have no claims/evidence, we're going with Leesa Sapira, a pocket coil bed, for our next one - we are done with Nest). We wish it wasn't so, we were so excited when we first purchased the bed and even up to the point of initiating a customer service thread, thought they would see it through. This company is flash in the pan.

To Whom it May Concern:

This customer purchased in July 2015 and did not reach out to Nest Bedding in any way until June 2018. No attempt was made during the trial period or thereafter to find a solution to the overheating issue nor was there ever a request for an exception to be made regarding the mattress being returned despite not being in like-new condition. The only communication that was had with the customer is when they reached out demanding a cash refund after nearly three years of ownership to prevent them from writing negative reviews on major websites (see below).

“If Nest is unable to process the refund, our only alternative is to share our honest feedback– on a bed that sleeps hot, which is information that won't be shared with you during the sales process, with a warranty that will immediately be voided by that fact – with Yelp, Best Mattress Review, Mattress Nerd, Good Bed, Sleep Sherpa, Sleepopolis, Consumer Affairs, our own social media, the BBB, and all friends and family.”

Despite the aggression, the customer was presented with professional responses and sincere attempts to find no-costs solutions, as well as suggestions on ways their sleep environment could be improved so that the mattress was working for their needs. Finally, the customer was grandfathered into our Lifetime Comfort Guarantee, which provided an opportunity to purchase a replacement mattress with a 50% discount.

Nest Bedding produces a line of mattresses and bedding products that are designed to meet the needs of a broad spectrum of customers. We will fully admit, not every product is going to work for every customer, but that is why we have a diverse product line. We employ highly qualified staff so that we can learn from the first experience and help a customer transition to something that better meets their need. We do have the expectation that the mattress is properly protected during the comfort trial, and occasionally have to restrict a return if it has been damaged (less than 1% of returns). We always work with a customer on temperature issues and we always review each damaged mattress case-by-case when it is brought to our attention within a reasonable timeframe.

Thank you for your consideration of Nest Bedding. Please feel free to write to us at customerservice@nestbedding.com if you have any additional questions about the claims that are being made in this review.

Sincerely,

Resolution response: July 24, 2018

Thankfully a wonderful employee named Todd was able to help get the mattress returned.

The mattress itself wasn't poor quality, it simply wasn't for me. As it turns out, I may have been sent a mislabeled mattress. But you have to sleep on it for a full 30 days before you are even eligible to return it. Once you ask to return, the company policy is to try to get you into a different mattress, not just refund you and be done. They are nice about it but keep trying so it delays the process.

I would recommend that a customer asks upfront, and gets it in writing, what the steps required to return the mattress if it comes to that. There are specific photos required which would be easier to get if you knew ahead of time what is expected. Including that information with the mattress would also beneficial.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have been attempting to return my mattress for over 30 days now. This company wants to stall and continue to talk and diagnose things. The mattress is not soft like it should be. The mattress feels exactly like a regular old plush top spring mattress. The foam doesn't feel like memory foam. It doesn't get hot so maybe that is a trade off but I want a memory foam feel. Anyway, that shouldn't be a big deal, it isn't for me, take it back. Finally frustrated, yesterday I decided to remove the mattress from my bed and put my old mattress back on. In forethought, I snapped some photos of the mattress to show that it is in perfect condition. I sent them the photos, told them I took it off my bed and am still wanting to return it. So now today, I get an email stating that they want specific photos of the mattress and even pics from under my bed. WHAT??

They had the last 30 days to tell me what they wanted from me but they never did. Now that they know the mattress is off the bed, they want photos that are impossible to get. The wood supports are not on the bed anymore because my old mattress doesn't need them. I am beyond frustrated with trying to get this mattress out of my house. I finally called my credit card company today to file a claim. If you depending on the 100 night guarantee, look elsewhere. This company is horrible to deal with if you don't want to keep their mattress. What a disappointing experience. Now I have this incredibly heavy 100+ pound mattress leaning against a wall with storage totes in front to help keep it from falling down. It is not safe there and I want it out of my house!

Original review: June 3, 2018

Had been thinking about purchasing a new mattress for a while now. But I'm a cheap tightwad. So each time I would get to looking, I'd change my mind and say "I have something to sleep on, no need spending money I don't have on something I already have." But the mattress I had been sleeping on for the 3 years I have been in this location hurt my back. And I'm very top heavy so it would kinda sink in at the heaviest part of me and I'd feel like I was sleeping downhill head first. Just all uncomfortable all the way around. So this time I got to thinking about it and searching, I came across Nest Bedding Love and Sleep Mattress. Before I knew it I had it in the cart and checked out. Done it completely on impulse before I changed my mind. Then I went to worrying and reading more reviews about people saying it was uncomfortable, and getting the run around upon trying to return it. But excited, nevertheless, to receive my new mattress.

So the big day comes, I'm at my hair appointment, head full of foils when I get the alert that it has been delivered. I'm getting antsy and impatient ready to get to the house to get it safely inside before I go to work. Lol so I get home, drag the box in, move the old mattress and get to work unboxing it. I've never opened a bed in the box before and when I laid it across my bed frame I'm disappointed and thinking the mattress was the wrong size. But when I finally got the plastic off and it started unfolding itself I seen the truth. How they get such a big mattress folded into such a small package I'll never know. But I just laughed at myself. So the moment of truth will it support my weight and be comfy at the same time. I lay on it and all I can say is I wanted to call in to work and just lay on my bed all night, but I still have to pay for it so I hurry out the door to work. Anxious to get home and go to sleep!

I'm here to tell you that my first sleep on this mattress blew me away. It was so comfortable. I don't remember tossing and turning as much as I usually do and the best part of all... I woke up with virtually no back pain. So many times on my old mattress. And by so many times I mean every day, I wake up and can't sleep as long as I'd like due to back pain. I get up and hobble into the front of the house like I'm 74 years old. And I'm only 32!!!! But upon waking from my first sleep on this mattress, I woke up pain free and walking to the front like any young spry 32 year old should! Lol why anyone would even consider sending this mattress back is beyond me. I love it and will recommend it over any high end mattress to anyone out there. 5 stars from this Mississippi girl!

Original review: April 4, 2018

One day, my sister and I went to Nest Bedding, we sat on their beds, and we thought, “Hey, this feels pretty good.” My granddaughter who lives with me needed a new mattress then. That weekend I went back and I got it for her, and she loves it. When they delivered it, it was unwrapped and then they just put it out. It was beautiful and the quality was very nice. The sales rep wasn’t pushy. She just waited till we asked her questions. She was very nice and informative when we did ask her. She really had a lot to do with us making up our minds to purchase one and I am very happy with my purchase.

Nest Bedding Company Information