Lakeland, FL

3.9/5 (539 ratings)

About Kane's Furniture

Kane's Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kane's Furniture?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

“BUYERS BEWARE.” FRAUDS FRAUDS FRAUDS. They pitch and sell you their bogus UV3 warranty for furniture protection with a company called “Masterguard” only to have the company not honor your warranty claim. After submitting all of the necessary information, photos, and documents to have the juice stains cleaned that was supposedly covered under my warranty, I received a call from the supervisor at “Masterguard” saying my warranty was covered. However after they sent a rude in my opinion extremely prejudice guy to my home, who was extremely rude and appeared lazy. Claiming based on the material of my furniture he would have to clean the entire sectional instead of a portion of a section. Stating it would appear discolored, therefore he would need to submit something to Masterguard for approval. Which I called ** because why you couldn’t just clean it while you were present.

Therefore I called Masterguard and spoke to the manager that I initially spoke to, who now said for me to wait to receive his callback, which never happened. Then a couple weeks later I received a letter from Masterguard now denying the initial claim In which they originally approved. I then reached out to Kane’s corporate office and spoke to a manager named Michelle **, who acted like she was going to be able to help me resolve the issue. Further requesting the same photos, that I had already sent the company, only to deny my claim a few minutes after disconnecting the call via email. Now claiming that I couldn’t have more than one juice stain on my couch. None of this information is in the bogus warranty that they sell you, nor was that information conveyed when I contacted “Masterguard.”

You would’ve thought my couch was filthy the way they made it seem. I purchased the couch just over a year. I explained to her that I followed all guidelines and procedures by contacting the company as soon as the incident happened. However that wasn’t good enough. Now claiming that you can’t have more than one stain. Again none of that is referenced in the warranty. To add insult to injury, she had the audacity to highlight the types of stains they clean as if I was illiterate, once again extremely prejudice.

Buyers beware, their cleaning service is bogus and a complete waste of money. I could’ve saved my money and spent it on a reasonable cleaning service rather than spending it on this company’s fraudulent so called warranty protection service. I have other warranties with other furniture companies that I have no problem with them coming out and honoring their warranty. However Kane’s warranty is a joke and a complete rip-off. I will never spend another dime with this fraud company.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Purchased a couch in June of 2021, the fabric is just splitting everywhere and they’ve been out numerous times over the past 3 months, can’t get the fabric, it’s not all in, truck broke down, and every day it’s a little worse. Frustrated that they just won’t replace a couch that had a warranty purchased with it and that I have a couch that looks like I dragged it in from the curb.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Kane's Furniture Fort Myers, FL store. Took delivery today of a sofa and coffee table that we had ordered. Driver bought in 3 huge boxes to our living room then had me sign acceptance. Asked about assembly and was told that we hadn't paid for assembly - have NEVER heard of a furniture company (other than Ikea) not assembling furniture! Our salesperson never mentioned an assembly fee and when we called, were told "Sorry - nothing we can do and our salesperson should have mentioned it."

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

I bought a leather sectional, top quality. I’ve had it for about 7 months now. Love it!!!! It was delivered in a timely fashion, and the delivery guys set it all up, even went as far as plugging it in. Took all the boxes with them. I did have a problem with one of the recliners, but when I called, they were quick to get someone out to look at it. Definitely would recommend them. The one in Port Charlotte is AMAZING!!!!

Original review: May 11, 2022

About 2 years ago I bought a Colton cream Recl. 3 pc leader living room with a price of 2,600.00 paid in full the same day. One of my first questions was if those sofas were leaders and they answered affirmatively. 6 months later they began to peer in a very horrible way, 6 month later went to the store customer service and I showed then a video of the furniture and they took me that since it was more than a year old it was not their problem anymore. When I asked her that if is leader why it got damaged so soon, they answered was leader also gets damaged. They only gave me a card from a company that could fix it, called about 5 times leaving a message but never answered. This is the worst experience I have with a furniture store. Shame on them and last time they see my face in their store. DO NOT SHOP KANE’S IF YOU DO WANT HAVE A BAD EXPERIENCE.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I purchased a dinette and four chairs which was delivered on Thursday, April 28. I paid $39.99 for delivery. When the order was delivered, all pieces except two chairs were in boxes. The delivery men refused to uncrate them or take them out of the boxes. I am quoting from their brochure, "Thank you for your confidence in Kane's Furniture." Under "Delivery Policy", it states, "On delivery, you can expect our professional delivery team to position your merchandise and remove all packing materials from your home." I called the store manager and was told there was nothing he could do since I hadn't paid the $149 for set-up. But that is not what their own policy says. THEY LIE!

Original review: April 26, 2022

We purchased a furniture package back in March 2022, had our furniture delivered with the exception of a table for which they had on back order. Upon our furniture delivery we found that the back ordered table was a bit much in regard to the space we had so we elected to call and return this table (all furniture paid in full at store). Kane’s canceled the order of the table and deleted/closed our order without refunding our cost of the said product. This table was roughly $400.00 and they have yet to return our money nor provide us with the product purchased. Only given the run around on internal mistakes and reviews of the the said order. Unfortunately we are in the situation where we must seek legal action over small claim. This is very unfortunate that a company is out there taking advantage of their consumer. Zero stars! Stay away, there are far better, more honest businesses out there.

Original review: April 16, 2022

We ordered our living room furniture on Nov 2nd 2021. We were told to expect delivery by Super Bowl (Feb 7). Then it was middle of March. Then early April. The delay I guess we can understand but we were never kept informed as to the reason or length of the delay. We had to call repeatedly for updates. We were notified in early April that our sofa and recliner had arrived. Then the earliest delivery date was still two weeks out. We have taken delivery and are mildly pleased. I find the fit and finish of Kane’s Furniture is not what I would expect from a premium furniture store. Kane's customer service C-. Furniture quality B-.

Original review: April 1, 2022

Purchased before Christmas 2021. Delivery estimate to be February so we paid for that 1/2 of order in full. HA! Updating 1/2 the order to be delivered in March now April... but only the chairs. But table could come three days later. Am refusing table or chairs unless together. They threatened us we would lose pieces that is in stock. Ok hold until October when we were told the other table and chairs would be arriving. Department does not know of FIFO practices. I feel they are using our deposits to purchase other orders. Ponzi Skeem.

Original review: March 23, 2022

In October 2021 I bought a lot of furniture in Sarasota Kane's Furniture. After the contract was signed I've been told the delivery will be in December - January. Ok, for three months we could sleep on the mattresses. But it was not just three months. At the end of March after my request they told me that the bedroom will be delivered in April and dining set in June. From October to June of the next year we are supposed to eat like horses, standing. That is the worst experience in my long life. Shame on them.

Kane's Furniture Company Information