2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Lakeland, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.05/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Kane's Furniture Reviews

Original review: May 29, 2020

Easy chair less than 1 yrs old. Leather headrest peeling. Tech came out and took pictures of failed product and put in a claim. Store called back to say that this is not a product defect and that I would need to pay for repairs. Other leather couch that is 10 years old (not Kane's) does not have problem. Kane's does not stand behind product and accepts no responsibility. Very, very poor customer service. 0 stars if possible. 1 star very generous.

Original review: March 26, 2020

Total scam, worst than used car dealers. Claiming that the furniture would be delivered and then told some pieces were on back order. Then they set up a delivery weeks later and guess what the furniture was brought in the house and the drivers are saying they forgot the one piece that was backordered which was a lie. Then they told us we had to wait longer and received a call over the weekend that the piece was but had to wait until Thursday. Let's see what happen today. Also the salesman just made up stories and nothing was true and was only interested in his commission.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Richard, I sent a message to you on Yelp as well to rectify the situation. I would be more than happy to assist you. Can we get an order number, First Name, Last Name and phone number in a private message? Thank you

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2020

There is major difficulty with communication once you walk out the door. I needed to "swap" out a too firm mattress which was suppose to be simple but it turned out to be anything but simple. Inspections, scheduling and refunds are extremely difficult. I had to physically go into the store and demand my refund before they credited my charge card, which they said they had done six weeks prior. That was a lie! Pat the sales person in the Clearwater store changes stories each time we talk. I still have another store credit I am waiting for. Please don't do business in the Clearwater store.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I've purchased a king size mattress at Kane's and I was told that if I did not purchase an expensive mattress protector there is no warranty. Is that true? Also according to the salesman, I can get free replacement of the protector. I went to the store to replace the protector. They told me I have to contact the manufacturer for the item. I did. They told me the protector is only warrantied for manufactory defects. Why was I told a lie?

Morning Joseph,

That doesn't sound accurate. Can I get more information on your order? Please provide me an order number, full name or phone number so I can look more into your purchase. Sorry for the inconvenience and we hope to talk soon. You may send us a private message with your response and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Hi my name is Rolando. Last month on January 2020 I purchased a set of furniture for my living room. After almost one month of waiting they finally agree on delivering the couches and the 3 Tables. I remember it was a Friday and I asked for the day off at my job. They never show up that Friday. I called the sales person Brad and he says nobody was aware of that delivery like I was making it up. Finally we agree on Tuesday 02/11/2020, so I ask for another day off at my job. They did show up that Tuesday, however they brought only one out of five pieces correct. All three tables were wrong. Also the bigger sofa not only is broken it was not electric with USB on each side. They sold me one thing and brought another thing. My kids, wife and my self are very upset.

The good news is that we took videos and pictures of what we was purchasing. After refusing to receive the tables and the bigger couch the delivery guys called warehouse manager and He told the guys to leave the bigger couch temporarily until we receive the correct one. Three days later I was still not hearing anything from anyone at all so I Reached out to Kane’s. After about 10 minutes of waiting I was able to speak to the manager, which told me to send him pictures of the right product so he can correct the order as soon as I got home. I sent him the pictures from my cellphone to his cellphone. Wish I save all the conversation texts for my records. This was on Friday 02/14/2020. Tuesday 02/18/2020 I text the manager again but no answer.

After that I call the store and spoke to someone but no answers to my questions, I requested them to have the manager to call me and he did call me couple hours later. They admitted their mistake, however he was only able to offer me to return the couches and few days after they will reimbursed my money. Wish I didn’t take because I don’t have my original couches anymore, so that would’ve left me with no furniture in my house for a few days/weeks. I have 4 kids. Second opinion was for me to pay more money in order to have the electric couch with sub, Just because their sales person made the mistake. I also say no to it because I shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistakes.

Now I’m dealing with BBB see if they can help me with this situation but I think I’m going to have them take the couches back. However it’s gonna take a few days before I get my money back so I’ll be left with no couches for a couple weeks. Don’t ever buy anything from the furniture. However it’s going to take a few days before I get my money back so I’ll be left with no couches for a couple weeks. Don’t ever buy anything from Kane’s. The only reason I’m given a one star is because you can’t do zero star. I make sure I tell everybody about the bad experience from day one.

Hello Rolando,

That's very unacceptable and we would like to know more about your purchase. This shouldn't have happened at all and thank you for your patience. Can you please give me your order number, full name or phone number so we can look more into this issue? You may private message us all this information and sorry for the inconvenience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kane's Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

In March of 2014 we wanted to fully furnish our new home. We went to Kane's and bought furniture for our 5 bedroom home. The couch we purchased started to fall apart, so we decided to go get a new couch. We went back to Kane's ,was greeted by a saleswoman and asked how she could help. We told her we were wanting to replace our living room furniture. She asked about what we had in mind, we stated we currently had a cloth couch and wanted to get leather for easier maintenance and cleanup.

We were brought to a few different styles in which we choose the Transformer in Off White. She sold us on the warranty, which we were told was a leather conditioner. We sealed the deal, $3500.00 later our furniture was delivered with no issues. 1 year after delivery, we started to notice cracks that turned into peeling on the sofa. We contacted Kane's who advise we call the warranty company. I called and spoke to a gentleman who said the warranty doesn't cover peeling on fabric. I stated, it wasn't fabric, but was weather couch and we were told the leather warranty covered tips, tears, punctures and so on. He stated again, this is not leather, but fabric.

I was upset and argued with him, because that's what we were told when we purchased the sofa and loveseat. After doing some searching, we found out the set we purchased was a polyurethane material and not leather. Needless to say, we were very upset. We brought it to the attention of the manager at Kane's who basically said, "Sorry, nothing I can do she doesn't even work here anymore." We now have a ugly, peeling couch. Luckily the loveseat is fine. I saw there was a class action lawsuit against Kane's, but unfortunately the time to.file ended in December 2016 and we purchased in March of 2017 though we were not included in this lawsuit.

Fast forward to now Jan 2020. I'm upset looking at this ugly couch and put a review on Google and Facebook about my experience at Kane's. I get a message asking me for my order number and contact information. I send it to them via private message on Facebook. We had decided to get a new couch as I can't stand looking at this one anymore. We are 10000000% on getting a real leather couch. We walk into Kane's, greeted and asked how he may help. We said we want a leather couch. The salesman brought us to a few sets of what appeared to be leather. This time we are more the wiser. We check the tag and sure enough, it's not leather but polyurethane again. We told the man we specifically said we wanted actual leather. He got.upset and walked away.

My husband went up to.the customer service counter and spoke with the manager "Chris." She apologized and sent another young man over who showed us the actual real leather options. We picked a couch, made the purchase and thanked them. It didn't sit right with me how we were lead again to fake leather couch and I told my husband I wanted.to return the couch and try another company as I now don't trust Kane's to protect their customers. We did the return the following day. I received a phone call from a manager "Michelle." She asked me what had happened with our whole Kane's ex6. I proceeded to tell her what had happened that I wrote above.

She then proceeded to tell me well you did purchase fabric warranty. I stated to her on the invoice we received it doesn't clearly state fabric warranty, it had a code and a charge and we as the customer don't know what their codes mean and wouldn't know that was for fabric and not leather. She asked if we still had the bottles from.the leather kit that was given to us. I stated, "No, once it was cracking and peeling, why would I bother wiping it to keep it conditioned?" She said, "Well I don't know what to tell you," and she didn't believe me. I told her that was fine, I wasn't trying to deal with this anymore which is why I didn't pursue it any further back in 2018 when I first complained.

She then said using the so called leather conditioner the sales lady gave us may have caused the peeling and I told her that doesn't make sense because the loveseat is still fine and it was used.on that as well. She said she knows I'm lying and my story just escalated. I don't understand how that was it escalating, but like I said I was really over it already and moved on already. Now she's being downright disrespectful. She said I was a waste of time and I told her she did not need to go any further, I was done. She said some not kind things and hung up on me. Needless to say, I am done with Kane's for good.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Very Unhappy ex customers. On Jan 19, 2019 we purchased Land Sequoia 3 piece set from Kane's Furniture, that was delivered February 2, 2019. We were talked into taking the protection plan for this leather furniture (cost $254 dollars), by our salesman. He advise me to use leather protection kit to clean it at least once a year, with cleaner and leather conditioner. He also suggested I do armrest and head area that are typically possible trouble areas. I took his advice and did so late June because of a party we were hosting on Fourth of July. Then around Christmas time we planned to host a dessert party and decided to make this furniture look spruced up, and that is when we noticed the color of leather was coming off. This is 10 months after delivery of furniture.

We stop by Kane's Furniture in Ocala and talked to Karen ** (Operation Manager) in December and showed pictures to her and she scheduled a technician to come by on Dec 27, 2019. He inspected it, took pictures and asked my wife if anyone was on high blood pressure medications as this could cause the leather coming off. Kane's, a few week later called me (Michelle ** from corporate) and told me the manufacture will not cover it and Kane's 5-year protection will not either. I was informed to keep the other pieces of furniture in good shape. That I need to weekly wash the leather furniture with distilled water. Also, I need to wash my hand thoroughly each time I use this furniture. Especially never eat food in them. She offered to get names and phone numbers of furniture repair places that I would have to pay for. She gave me an option of buying from the manufacture replacement arm, and she would pay for labor.

I’m thinking, after buying what I thought was quality furniture ($3800 for a living room package) from what seemed to be a reputable store, they should at a minimum repair if not replace the chair. My concern now is the other pieces is not going to hold up. The salesman never asked us if we had any medical condition or advised us this was not suited for normal retirees. I consider my wife and myself as clean people that take care of things. My car has leather seats and is over 2 years old and gets used almost daily and looks like new. I’m no dummy but feel like they have taken advantage of us and want to share this to help other from getting into this mess, especially Land Sequoia 3 piece set from Kane's Furniture. Bob & Rana ** from Ocala Florida

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Robert, we receive a huge amount of positive reviews and have a few unhappy customers. On this platform they only post negative reviews and require us to pay to show the positive reviews. You can view all of our reviews on https://www.kanesfurniture.com/pages/reviews. Michelle is our most experienced customer service manager and she knows every detail about furniture and warranty. Please contact her again if you feel this is unfair and hopefully you can come to a resolution. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

On 7/3/2018 I bought 2 swivel rocker recliners that were supposed to be leather. Bought leather protector and used it regularly. On 1/30/20 my husband showed me a crack and peeling so I called for service. Now mind you it’s just the 2 of us elderly people in this household, and He is the ONLY one who uses that chair. When I called for service I was promptly told my chairs were not warranted against cracking and peeling. How are leather, when they are peeling and there is white vinyl mesh behind the peel??? “Mam they are not covered under warranty, I’m sorry.” Well I’m sorry too. You’ll never get my business again. Thank you for NOTHING.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Jamie, this sounds about right and sorry for the inconvenience. You had the recliners for 2 years. We're sorry that you feel this way and we hope you understand that this is a normal thing after 2 years of it being used. Have a wonderful day and we hope in time you can understand.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Kane's Furniture isn't worth a penny! I purchased a sectional from them 18 months ago and it is ready for the trash... not by user damage either! All the cushions have zippers on the back of the cushions and all of them have separated at the seam. Kane's claims this is not a manufactures defect!?!?! What? I wasted over $2,400.00 on crappy furniture. Never buy from Kane's!

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Allison, Can I get a customer number or order number so we can look into your account. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Our leather chair has the color coming off after only 10 months!!! We followed care instructions to the letter. The manufacturer and extended Warranty were not honored. Horrible experience over this. Will never buy there again. Buyer beware.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Rana and thank you for the feedback. Can I get an order number so we can investigate your issues? Thank you

Kane's Furniture Company Information