1.33/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Lakeland, FL

505 Kane's Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 25, 2019

Was sold a leather power lift chair and talked into the UVA3 protection plan, which doesn't cover anything for leather, explain that. Then told the lifetime coverage is manufacturer defects. Well guess what! They seem to never find a defect. Sent out a guy to look at it. That was a waste of my time. Showed him the problems and he said, "I'll write a report." Till get a call and his report had really nothing to do with why he was there. NEVER EVER BUY FURNITURE FROM KANE'S! They lie and sell junk.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 24, 2019

We bought several thousands of dollars of furniture from this store. They charge a delivery fee even though I have a truck and trailer and can pick it up. They refused and charged me. So then they set up delivery at 730 AM!!! That is not even acceptable business hours!!! And because I work night shift, that is about 3 hours after I get to sleep. I called to see what could be done and I was YELLED at, Threatened with more deliver fees if I changed and if I changed, it would be a different day AT THE SAME TIME. WOW!!! BUYER BEWARE.

If I had known I would be treated so horribly after giving them my business, I'd go to ASHLEY'S or HAVERTYS or HUDSON or BABCOCK.. plenty of other choices, rather than to be inconvenienced and THREATENED with cancellation and fees because you didn't want a 7:30 am delivery. I was also told (after purchase) that they have to deliver early due to the heat. It's 61 degrees right now. Really? Save that for August. Horrible, horrific experience... SHOP ELSEWHERE.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Our customer service associate has been trying to reach you. Her name is Michelle H. and you may contact her back to help resolve your issue. You can also contact our customer service at 888-373-4088 with additional information or ask to speak to Michelle H.. Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 19, 2019

We have had our living room set for seven and a half months and the interior string connecting the buttons which created tufting on the upholstery on one cushion has already broken. Because workmanship is guaranteed for 1 year, I would assume that Kane's would repair this issue. Our furniture will well cared for, and it is disappointing that it is already coming apart. Even more disappointing is that Kane's will not take responsibility for repairing a clear workmanship issue. I have forwarded our dispute to their corporate department, however we will not purchase from them again. When I purchase something, I want to know that it is well made and that if there is a defect I will not have to waste tons of my time getting it fixed. We've purchased from Kane's before and had other issues (eg. when we purchased a mattress, it had a black stain on it and needed to be returned and exchanged). This will be our last time purchasing from them.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review Kelly. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? You can also contact our customer service with this information. Thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 27, 2019

We went to purchase furniture and told 20% sale was coming up over the weekend, and our sales rep, Paula ** told us EVERYTHING we purchased would be 20 % off. Lied to us many times. We called her several times to find out why our discount was not applied. Come to find out, three weeks later, she never submitted our discount, and NOT everything qualified for the discount. Store manager "apologized", however store policy showed not everything was under the discount. DON'T buy from KANE'S. Paula ** should be fired!

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review Lynn. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? Thank you!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I purchased an “Italian Leather” couch from Kane’s. My first purchase from this company. When the “Leather” started flaking off to reveal an off white material underneath, I called to talk to them about the warranty. The first thing they said was that they saw that I didn’t buy the “leather” kit with the couch. And because I didn’t hydrate the couch, that is the reason it was flaking. That is ridiculous! All of my furniture is leather, and I already had leather kits at the house which I use meticulously. I’ve never had real leather flake off this way. Clearly this is a faux leather couch.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kane's Furniture?

Original review: March 4, 2019

I bought this chair about 8 months ago and had to relocate to Georgia so now it's broken and Kane can't do anything to rectify my problem because I bought this chair in Florida even though I spent thousands of dollars in their store. So now I got to spend more money on this piece of junk or throw it out. They don't care about customer satisfaction. If I dump it on my next trip to Florida. I'm going to place outside their store and leave it.

Original review: March 3, 2019

In August 2018 I purchased 2 Chaise Lounge chairs and a desk from Kane's. The two chairs were identical and we placed them side by side and my boyfriend and I used them periodically at the same time. Within 3 months one of the seams in one of the chairs started to split and actually began to crumble and disintegrate. The rest of the chair and the other exact same chair had no problem - it was just this one seam on the one chair. I called Kane's in December and they sent someone out to look at it. Their response? That this was "natural wear and tear" and they wouldn't do anything about it. How in the world can a brand new chair split and crumble in only 1 seam when the rest of the chair and the other identical chair had no damage??? Yet Kane's would not bend on their stance even when I spoke with a Manager.

The chair continues to get worse and I now have to put a towel on it to use it. The chair was not very expensive and they could have easily replaced it but they would not do anything at all except to reiterate "normal wear and tear". They don't expect their chairs to last more than 3 months? Ridiculous! I've shopped at Kane's off and on for more than 20 years but I will never go there again and I would warn everyone else not to either. They lost a long standing customer and damaged their reputation over a couple hundred bucks.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Purchased this set In late fall of 2015 for our vacation home from Kane’s in Port Charlotte. So in 3 years it has been used 12 months. Called because furniture is falling apart. I see other complaint for same thing as we are experiencing. Paid extra for warranty on leather and of course it comes with Kane’s warranty. “Kane's Furniture comes with a free lifetime guarantee. You may not keep your furniture for life, but it's nice to know you could.”

So I called and get a woman by the name of Shauna, no last name and she after explaining problem simply says, "It’s not covered." After a lengthy discussion and after numerous attempts to get her last name I ask for a supervisor, who I am told is Q, and after asking for her last name I am again told no reason to have it. Anyway after another lengthy discussion, I got them to schedule to send a representative. All the while they keep saying it’s not covered. There is a definite problem with material and workmanship that it just starts falling apart. From having read other complaints for same issue Kane’s need to stand behind their product. So am waiting to see what they will do, however after this initial call I am very concerned. Gave them 2 stars at this time because of how they refuse to even come out and look, and the stance of not covered. imagejpeg_0.jpg, imagejpeg_1.jpg, imagejpeg_2.jpg.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Mason, we couldn't find you information from what you've provided.Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and a telephone number so that we may look into this further. Thank you!

Resolution response: Feb. 20, 2019

Follow-up: Kane's contacted me and I was provided with the promised reimbursement of the delivery charge. Thank you to their customer service people for taking care of this issue.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Purchased a bedroom set for daughter returning from school. Ordered with plenty of time but first delivery set was broken. Second delivery - wrong size mattress. Promised refund of delivery charge months ago and still haven't received it. Call, write - promises made along with excuses. Still no refund. Can't trust them - even though I have this all in writing in numerous emails.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Robin, we just processed your refund and sorry for the trouble. Let us know if anything else to discuss. Sorry again for the trouble and we will be improving our strategy with your issue. Thank you

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

We purchased a sectional couch less than two years ago. The device department has been out multiple times to fix it. They have added more padding as it has flattened a great deal. One of the recliners is broken and can’t even be used but Kane’s refuses to come out and do anything. Stating there isn’t anything else they can do. We also purchased a kitchen table at the same time and have had issues with that as well. Within a few days of the table being home which we had to assemble ourselves, one of the chairs almost hurt a guest of our when it broke. The chair came preassembled from the warehouse we checked the rest of the chairs to find none of the screws were fully tightened. All we found is for our couch to be fixed, or replaced if not repairable.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Kendra, is everything ok on your end. Just following up with you to see if my store manager contacted you.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Purchased a bedroom suite and had it delivered around the end of September 2018. We had only recently moved into this house and the lighting was not great in the room. Still, my wife gave it a cursory look and all seemed OK. Toward the end of the year we noticed a crack in the headboard after improving the room lighting. There was some sort of black residue over the crack and around it. It was obviously an attempt to cover up the crack. Probably why we did not see it sooner under dimmer light. Called Kane's and someone came to look at it.

Again, I was at work and my wife dealt with the Kane's rep. He told her, in a not very courteous way I might add, that it was our fault for not finding it sooner and there was no evidence of anything to conceal the crack. He said he would submit it but it would likely be denied, which it was. I guess they figured if we saw it right away they would apologize and make good. But if not, they would get away with pawning off damaged goods. We were scammed, and not treated very nicely in the process.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Scott, we spoke to Mrs. Valone and hopefully we have everything resolved. If there is something left unresolved please contact John again at our Melbourne location. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Purchased leather sectional in 2014. The current HYPE was that if you buy your furniture from Kane's that they would take care of it for life. We made the mistake of buying the leather warranty. Neither of these guarantees were of great value. To be fair, Kane's did come out and replace one piece they could not repair. The bad news is that the furniture is such low quality that the cushioning doesn't hold up. We have constant issues with the motors that adjust the chairs. The headrest broke in half (they fixed that).

Now the leather is cracking and coming off. That is not covered by the leather warranty. This is a buyer beware. We did not read closely enough the Kane lifetime guarantee...our fault. We did not read the leather guarantee closely...very limited coverage...our fault. Finally, I would like to say that the repairman who comes to your home is a saint. He does the most with the least. Never bad mouths Kane's. He just fixes it if he can. I wish you all luck buying your next piece of furniture. Don't rely on the salesman's banter. It may not be true.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello there Jeff and we're very sorry for your experience. Could you please provide us with more information so we can improve our services and resolve this issue? We would need your order number, Kane's store of purchase and telephone number so that we may look into this further. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Bought a power recliner sofa less than 2 years ago. It is starting to peel on headrest. Warranty was 1 year. Not covered. But they have a lifetime warranty on all their furniture. Told me I should have bought extended warranty. Cheap furniture. Don't go there! You been warned!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Our reclining loveseat and sofa are performing nothing like the one in the store. When we recline them they squeal so loud that you can't carry on a conversation with the person sitting next to you. The problem is when the leather rubs against the leather next to it. They tell us to use the conditioner that they supply with it but it does zero to eliminate the squealing sound. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM KANE'S!!! ALSO, MANAGERS NEVER RETURN PHONE CALLS!!!

Kane's Furniture response

Hello there and we're very sorry for your experience. Could you please provide us with more information so we can improve our services and resolve this issue? If everything isn't adequate please provide us with either your order number, Kane's store of purchase and telephone number so that we may look into this further. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Kane's offers a lifetime warranty on furniture as a selling point but when your furniture has issues it will not be covered. Beware of their joke of a warranty. I called the store and they asked for pictures of damage. They looked at a picture and said it was wear and tear. They didn't even have the courtesy to come look at it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Returned some smelly China made furniture on the 16th of November. Kane's said they made the credit to my account but never did hoping I would forget about it. Three weeks later and several calls they supposedly finally made the credit. Said it would take 5 to 7 more days. Customer service is horrible. Shopper beware, I should have read the reviews first. Would have never gone there. This was after they tried to charge us $299 per end table, the entire end table and coffee table package was $299. We had to take the misinformed sales guy back over to the furniture on the floor to prove it. They were trying to charge us an extra $299 dollars.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Our Italian leather loveseat, purchased in January 2018, did NOT even last 10 months. The backs, arms, and seats are FLAT. After we contacted them in October and their tech gave it a brief look, Kane's claims it's normal wear and tear. Seriously??? How can a 145-lb MAN and a 90-lb WOMAN, who RARELY SIT on the loveseat, demolish it in LESS THAN A YEAR? Kane's sells sub-quality merchandise with the promise of a great warranty that turns out to be absolutely useless.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I have bought a lot of furniture from this company because it always seemed reasonably priced and they have this great "warranty". Do NOT believe their warranty. I bought an entire living room set from them and the drawers won't open properly yet they just keep blowing me off. Now my coffee table is splitting in an area that is obviously due to crappy construction yet they refuse to replace the table. The customer service representative was rude and claims "something was spilled there and made the wood split". Wow, you would have to be pretty crafty to get something to spill where this happened. Pathetic furniture, pathetic customer service and I am ashamed to say I ever purchased anything from them. Do yourself a favor and just go to Rooms to Go. Their furniture is crap but at least you know that before you spend you money and get sold a fake warranty. #kanesiscrappyfurniture

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Still waiting on a back ordered mirror! I purchased the bedroom set in sept on the 6th. 3 deliveries later still no mirror. No one has even called for an update. I tried to get a refund for the mirror and they told me I would only get 19.99 BACK BECAUSE I WOULD BE BREAKING THE SET!!!! Hell I'm not breaking ** yall won't give me the mirror... Horrible customer service please do not spend money here. You will regret it!!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I bought a couch 3 months ago. It has power headrest, power lumbar, and power recliner. The seat cushion has broken down so much when the lumbar is now in the middle of anyone's back who sits there. I had a technician look at it and he even said others have had the same complaint. Kane's did call me and said there is nothing they can do since the cushion would have to show signs of deteriorating. Really? I told them I do not want the couch anymore then, they said they can't do nothing about it. I have spent over 11 grand with Kane's in the past 3 years. Couch feels great in the store, 3 months later, it hurts your back due to the seat. I am 240 lbs, my wife is 100 lbs less and her side has deflated as well. Buyer beware of the foam in their couches.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Kane's Furniture claims they sell high-quality furniture but they don't. It's low quality junk from China... We have been dealing with a rocker recliner mechanism for 2 years. They just ordered the third mechanism. The second one lasted about 15 minutes. We have waited approximately 6 months for both mechanisms to arrive from China. When purchased originally the salesperson told us that if we had any issues that our product would be replaced but that is not the case. Upper management doesn't seem to care of the quality of their product, only if their people are professional and treat you with respect.

I can say the service people resemble that remark whereas the sales people we have encountered are in my opinion liars and the manager of the store fits that category as well, we are referring to the store on 34th Street. We have spent $10,000 with Kane's, we would have been better off going to say, odd lots. I'm surprised at Kane's Furniture is still in business, the customer service people that I have spoke to are on the defense at all times probably from all the complaints that they get about their subpar furniture. I guess as long as upper management is collecting their paycheck that is all that matters.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Purchased a sofa in 2015 and was sold on the faux leather fabric because our sales rep told us it was proven to hold up better than real leather. We were also told that should there ever be a problem there was a lifetime warranty. In less than 3 years the fabric started falling apart. It is just my husband and I, no pets, no children and we are senior citizens who are not home several months out of the year. I have spoken to several different people in customer service and they all say it is just normal wear and tear and they don't cover that. So don't buy from Kane's because they only expect their products to last around 3 years no matter what they tell you. I will never buy from them again and neither should you.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I never been more insulting on life, I received $54 store voucher a leather sectional I purchase 4 year ago. I furniture starting pilling and some of spring broke as well. When I purchased the furniture I got a lifetime guarantee on the product but because I didn't filed a complaint within a year of the purchase it was no cover. But guest what Kane's? You lost a customer FOR LIFE!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Recliner leather lovesest - Mechanism on the left side is damage for the 2nd time, it tilts to the left, and the leather and the vinyl around the seat cushion is all tearing. A technician came took pictures, after 2 weeks and no call from the manager, I called today, and she told me after reviewing the pictures, and reading the notes from repair tech, that it appears that for now the mechanism could not be replace, that if it gets worse to let them know to see what can be done, and that the leather is not cover by the warranty; in other words terrible warranty coverage, and terrible leather quality. Last time I buy from Kane's, they will never get a penny from me or my family. Store on Dale Mabry in Tampa, Fla.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

We bought over 6 thousand dollars worth of furniture from them when we moved here. The release on the couch broke 3 times. They charged me each time 35 dollars to fix it. So much for their warranty. I just fixed it again for 8 dollars, I bought a new chair the sales girl recommended. I sat in it 2 days and I was sitting on the wood frame. They charged me an extra 100 dollars plus the difference for a different chair. I am 6"1 and 340 lbs. I guess that didn't mean anything to the sales girl, I wouldn't recommend them if my life depended on it. Poor service. Warranty sucks. Never again.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I was told on the phone that my furniture would be delivered on 7/5/18. After not receiving a call telling me my 4 hour window of delivery time, I called them. I was told my delivery was changed to 7/14/18. Of course no one contacted me to see if that date was ok. We actually have plans that day that I can't honor since I don't want to wait even longer for my furniture. Kane's is also the only furniture store I have purchased from that requires full payment before you receive your furniture. This is an unbelievable business. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM KANE'S!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I BOUGHT MY BEDROOM SET IN 2014. I ONLY HAD IT A FEW MONTHS WHEN THE DRAWER HANDLES BROKE IN HALF. The drawers are very heavy and the pulls break easy when you pull on them. We reported it to them right away and they sent us new handles. A year later it happened again, and then again. They had told us that they will send us enough, which they did.

We are down to 2 handles left and we called to new ones again. They refused, we pleaded with them and explain that these handles were too weak for the drawers. They again refused. Now we are stuck with some handles missing. Kane's advertises quality, but they really sucked to us. From the beginning we were having difficulties with these handles. We looked everywhere for those handles and to no avail. We are so angry with Kane's and their ** "Good quality TV commercial". That's it, they also have bad customer service. I guess they got tired of us calling for handles. Bad company, bad customer service... Never no more!!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

Told me three times, "we will call you," but never did. They gave me a July 2nd, 2:30-6 pm, delivery window. With no courtesy phone call, they showed up at 7:28 pm and of course, we were no longer home. July 3rd, I called them at 10 am the next day and was told it would be another week for delivery. I said, "No. I want a refund." I got a callback and the manager was working to get a quicker delivery date. So 10:30 am July 3rd (Tuesday) - July 6th, (3 full business days) NO PHONE CALL, NO NOTHING. Kane's Furniture does not care about customers. I do not recommend doing business with this company.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We purchased furniture from Kane's from Brandon store in Feb. They delivered half of the furniture in Feb and the other half was back ordered. Later they told in April that the furniture is discontinued so they can't deliver it so I asked them to take half furniture back so I can order whole new set. We scheduled the delivery dates 2 times but no one showed up on delivery dates and when I called them they inform me that driver called me and I asked them to cancel deliver which I never did. They also canceled my ticket and closed the order. These people just stealing money from customer and not ready to pick up half order nor refund my money. These Kane's furniture store in Brandon is a thief. Just know how to steal money.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I purchased a couch about a year ago, a few months after the purchase I noticed the material started to wear, I contacted the company and they sent someone out to look at couch, take pictures and go back to the store manager with them. This took a few weeks and many phone calls. I finally received a call and was told to come back in and pick another me couch, we looked around but everything else was hundreds of dollars more than my budget allowed, so they offered a partial refund after we fought with them, at this point we had no choice but to keep it because we threw out our previous couch.

Recently I noticed the stitching came out of the couch and the stuffing was all over, I contacted the store again and was advised that since we had taken the little money they offered us the couch was as is even though this is a separate issue. I am very upset and they do not care about their customers and sell cheap furniture, it is embarrassing and I hate having people over. You would think I have had this couch for years.

Kane's Furniture Company Information