Kane's Furniture

Lakeland, FL

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We have bought almost whole house and every piece has broke several time. Have had repairs made and sofa and love seat trashed after just 3 years. All mechanisms broke saying it from our dogs. Totally dissatisfied.

I bought a couch and loveseat from Kane's with their "Quality so good it is guaranteed for life". What a joke. In less than two months the furniture started to fall apart. I called Kane's and they sent someone out and told me they would get back to me. They never called me back and after multiple calls to them I was finally told that it was normal wear and tear and was not covered under the warranty. I will NEVER buy anything from them again.

We purchased a 2 piece leather sectional on April 2014. The warranty was to cover everything. By January 2017, there were bubbles in the leather and it was peeling. When we called we were told the manufacturer went out of business and they had other complaint. Kane's would NOT HONOR the lifetime warranty and wanted to give us a $300 store credit for furniture we paid $800 for... And a bigger insult, they wanted us to return the sectional. WHY WOULD WE ACCEPT THAT $300 AND PURCHASE ANYTHING ELSE FROM KANE'S. We will go to Haverty's or Ashley's to replace this sectional.

Last year I bought a 699 dollar recliner. It's peeling all over the floor. They say lifetime protection. They lie. Told me they won't replace it or even send someone out to look at it. They threw me out of the store. Very nasty with me. Please shop at rooms to go. They back up their products. I had problems with Kane's before but I gave them another chance. What a mistake. Beware of kane's.

I choose to buy my furniture from Kane's Furniture in Fort Myers Fl but I see it was a big mistake. Less than a year this sectional lasted before the white started to turn red, it took about two months for Kane's to send someone to take pictures and then receive a call from the manager assistant (very unprofessional) telling me sorry there is nothing Kane's can do about it, that it didn't matter how long I had the sectional. It could be couple of months or years. They don't stand behind their products and I was stuck with this poor quality leather sectionals that by the way Kane's charge lots of money for it.

I guess if corporate can't do something about it I'll take this to the local news to make sure other people don't get scam by Kane's Furniture and they can take their money somewhere that stand behind their products. I guess for now I'll keep paying the remaining balance on my Kane's credit card while I go to the news and may have to go and take legal actions for selling poor quality products at a high price and not standing behind their products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kane's Furniture?

I was proud to work for Kane's Furniture. I took the job with the agreement that I would be transferred to the location near me. As I was succeeding at the Naples store the mgr/dm of Ft Myers store contacted me & said he wanted me in his store but needed me & to not let my mgr in Naples know... I was to request a transfer (as already promised). I had already offered to move to Melbourne for a transfer for the fact that I did not want to work in Naples but had virtually no response. I contacted the mgr of Fort Myers to discuss things & he said he'd be there 12-Midnight Fri so I went after 9 when most coworkers would be gone but he chose to leave early & not inform me. I asked for a leave of absence to visit my ailing mother & brother & was denied. While visiting them I got a call from the mgr at Fort Myers to fire me.

Let's see where do I start off at. The salesperson was the best part of my decision making from there it was a freaking nightmare. You pay for their delivery charge and then expect the furniture to be brand new and no damages, but it's not. Instead it's scratched and scuffed. The table latch was bent so the table wasn't line up smoothly. So the guys called it in to let them know and I got a phone call back and said they would send a service tech out on the 30th. Now my furniture was delivered on Jan 17 mind you then I get a phone call saying they were bringing me a new bench since mine was damaged on Jan 24. So I take off work to find out no bench and it was actually the guy to bring a new table piece to fix that problem that was scheduled on the 30th.

So I called customer service to let them know about the error. Spoke to George, said I took off work and don't have any more days to take off and that I needed it to be delivered that Thursday. Said he would try to work me in and get back to me. Guess what? He never did. Next day the 25 spoke to Ana and she said she's sorry but they don't deliver on Thursday so I'm like, "Ok what's your next avail?" She says, "Jan 30 Monday." I said, "Ok I'll take," and she said, "They will call you the day before to give you the timeframe." I said, "Ok." Mind you keeping calm and still no one has apologized for all this **.

So I get a voice mail today from a Nikki saying they don't have a truck coming my way so they need to reschedule till Feb 11th. Now this has gone far enough I don't give a **. It's your fault you make someone drive and deliver it down to me not my problem. So husband and I will be calling today and telling these idiots to come pick up their ** ass furniture and refund me my money and delivery fee because this is **. Been nice enough. Worse experience ever. This is the Kane's located in Tampa FL on Hillsborough Ave.

Would never thought that installation by "professionals" could be so dangerous. After three weeks, since I bought "Old World China", My wife opened door and glass shelf with all stuff dropped on her feet. Reason - unappropriated installation by Kane's employees. They didn't adjust this piece of furniture. We got completely destroyed beautiful the China set for 6 person from Europe, crystal bowl (heirloom about 60 years old), deep scratches at floor and furniture and a other stuff were damaged. At least it cost me $1,000. 4 month I spend for calls, emailing each other, waiting... eventually for nothing. They are denied the claim. That is they reason: "the claim was denied. Per our claims department this was delivered 4 months ago and there is no way of knowing if items were moved or adjusted." Are you kidding me? Is that my hobby? Moving and adjusting furniture? 4 month ago?

I bought a Therapedic mattress at the Kane's in Tampa right before my hip surgery in 2014. I was told that as long as there weren't any rips or stains in it, if anything happens I would have no problem replacing the mattress. The bed starting sagging after about a year, but got really bad the end of 2016. I wake up every morning with my hips hurting. I finally got someone out here to measure the sag and it was 2 in. Now Kane's is telling me that from the pictures he took, they could see all kinds of bugs in my bed and that I would have to get my bed exterminated before they even considered talking about replacing it. When I asked to see the pictures, they told me they couldn't do that, it was against policy. I found out that Therapedic has a lot of problems itself and Kane's no longer sells the model that I have.

We ordered a power reclining sofa and love seat, as well as a coffee table and 2 end tables. Everything was fine until it came time to deliver the products. They never called and set up a date. We called numerous times to see why and got the runaround. It took at least 5 calls to get it resolved. We set up a delivery date and they were supposed to call the day before to set up a time frame, so someone would be home. They never called, so no one was there. We had to re-schedule again.

When we finally got the order, they delivered a non powered version, and one table leg wasn't secured properly. I had to go back into the store to sign a new contract, because the salesman had written it up wrong. I did so and they told me they couldn't get the sofas out until the end of the month because they were on back order, but they charged me the increased cost anyway. They scheduled to swap out the table, but again it was a no call, no show. I asked to speak with a supervisor, and I was told one would call. I asked to have them delivered on a Saturday because they'd inconvenienced me twice already and I was told that wasn't possible. Still haven't heard from that supervisor yet either. If I could give this store negative stars, I would. DO NOT BUT ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE!!!

I would never thought that installation by "professionals" could be so dangerous. After three weeks, since I bought 'Old World China', I opened door and glass shelf with all stuff dropped on my feet. Reason - unappropriated installation by Kane's employees. They didn't adjustment this piece of furniture. I got completely destroyed beautiful the China set for 6 person from Europe, crystal bowl (heirloom about 60 years old), deep scratches at floor and furniture and a other stuff were damaged. At least it cost me $1,000. 3 month I spend for calls, emailing each other, waiting...eventually for nothing. They are denied the claim. That is they reason: "the claim was denied. Per our claims department this was delivered 3 months ago and there is no way of knowing if items were moved or adjusted" Are you kidding me? Is that my hobby? Moving and adjusting furniture? 3 month ago?

I purchased 2 couches 6/3/2012. Main reason for the purchase was because "Sam" the salesman said that the warranty covered everything on the leather couches. 4 years into the ownership the couches almost at the same time started to crack and the peel. The back of one peeled right off and the seat of the other cracked and peeled. Both were "leather". I contacted Kane's for the warranty claim. They said it could not be repaired and that they would give me $500.00 store credit and free delivery. BECAUSE it was not under warranty for peeling. The corp office person totally unyielding and unsympathetic. NO way I will buy from them ever again. Don't waste your money on the UV3 protection package.

We purchased a stool that was height adjustable. After little usage the stool would creep up to full height. We returned it to the store and they put a (apparent) new lower section on the stool. When we got home the new stool would still go rise up but at a much faster rate (in a couple of hours). Again we returned this time. The manager got irate, told us tough and told us to take our stool and get out of the store. To which we did and will never return. Very very poor customer relations from the manager in the Lakeland Florida store.

Kane's will never be in my favor again. I had ordered 37 pieces completing a master bedroom, formal dining, and Family room. Defects found in several pieces have been reported to Corporate Customer Service and they said that the damage described was not covered under the warranty. I will start off with the dining room. The table has fingerprints in the paint and flaws on 4 of the six chairs. The tables for the family room have bubbling in the wood of the cocktail table, sofa table and end table. They were only 6 months old when I noticed the problem now the bubbles are getting larger. The Sofa had a hole in the "Cardboard" of the left armrest that was fixed by balling up more cardboard and placing it over the hole and tacking the fabric back down leaving excess fabric and a ripple in the batting.

Going into the bedroom, the set that I had fallen in love with, also has problems. The side rail on the right of the bed is stained poorly and very noticeable. The drawer’s hardware is causing rubbing and grinding on the wood resulting in wear marks of the wood and drawer. There is so much wrong with this furniture I can go on for days, but it is not just the quality of the product, it’s also the service which I was given after the sale. I was told that nothing will be done with my furniture and that everything that is wrong is not covered by the warranty when the salesman stated if ANYTHING was wrong, it would be replaced. I felt betrayed and taken advantage of. I wanted so badly for Kane’s to restore my faith in their company but they have failed, nothing has been done to do it. Why? “Quality so good, it's guaranteed for life”?

We had a lift chair purchased. We told them it was in need of repair. They checked it and "ordered" the parts. We never heard from them so when the couch was in bad shape after a couple years peeling and a big hole in it we just tore it apart and threw it away. I wanted to dump it off at Kane's but my husband would not. Now this other sectional we have is fading and has several other issues. I will never go there again. We paid over 2000 for this piece of crap and am so disappointed.

Horrible!!! Kane's does not stand behind their lifetime guarantee!! I purchased a bed for my girls 3 years ago, the side rail split once and It took a lot to get someone out to repair it and now this time they refused to repair it even though I have a lifetime warranty. Everyone seems to have the same problem!! They need to be held accountable for their poor quality furniture and the fact that they LIE about their warranty!!! I will never shop here again and I will be sure to put the word out so friends or family don't either!

3 years ago I remodeled my home and purchased a sectional from them. It was supposed to be polyester not bonded or leather. Been there done that. They even scotch guarded it. Of course they say it's a lifetime warranty. Well, my significant other watches TV at night on it. I do cover it for protection just in case. Well, when we have company I take off the sheet and it looks faded but it's not. No sun there. I have been around and around with them. They already have a lawsuit for the bonded leather and they won't cover this. They want all 6 pieces for exchange of $600 credit... ha no way. It's polyester. It shouldn't do this. Good thing I don't have kids and animals. Can you imagine what it would look like? I would highly suggest not to buy anything there because they do not back up their warranty. I told them they should advertise it still. They are liars.

I will try and make this short. We bought living room furniture. Shortly after the back side of the recliner fall down to the floor. The tech came out and after checking, said the whole assy. had to be replaced. The new assy had to come from China and was 14 weeks out. We waited roughly 20 weeks, and a different tech installed it. After he left the back fell down again. I found a handful of screws and things on the floor. When I called to explain, I was told it was normal wear. When we tried to move it, a long steel piece caused a large groove in our hardwood floor. Then I called again, Jessie ** told me that his techs were afraid of me and would not return. Now I am a large guy (not fat) and cannot walk. My voice is deep and carries a long way. I am confined to the wheelchair or the hospital bed, but even so they afraid of ME? Since then, when I called in, they would hang up on me. I have given up and bought two new recliners from a different store.

We were missing the feet from the sectional we purchased from the Ocala, FL store and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They shipped us the feet and we received them in three days. Our sales associate Linda ** was very sweet and helpful. I would highly recommend Kane's Furniture.

OMG, no stars for this store at all. I had to put one star because they require at least 1 star. LOL!!! I will never go to Kane's Furniture ever again. I went there looking for end tables and couch. I walked in the door and a salesperson immediately hovered over us. I asked where the clearance center was and he pointed to it. When I walked into the area, he then said they do not deliver anything in clearance center. Gee, he could have told us that before we walked all the way over there. I asked what the delivery charge was and he said $120 or $122, I can't remember.

Still hovering over us, I then went to their main floor and looked at their end tables and cocktail tables. I found a set that I liked and asked if they had any sales going on. His response "NO", and then I asked if they had any discounts for military or senior or AARP and he said "NO. NOTHING." I put those in caps because he was very stern when saying it! I then asked if he had any of the tables I wanted in stock and he said NO. I said, "so, then we HAVE to pay for delivery?" and he said yes. He then went on to say that we have to put it together. UNREAL!!! I left there and went back to Haverty's which is where I found a beautiful couch and I also found a cocktail table that I absolutely love! I told the salesperson at Haverty's that Kane's does not put the tables together and they could not believe it. So, GO TO HAVERTY'S AND STAY AWAY FROM KANE'S!!! That is my opinion!

I won't give any star for Kane's Furniture. I currently bought more than $3400 furniture in Kane's store. They told me my son is 21 years old, so he can sign the deliver, because I had to be at work. But when driver delivered, didn't put the sofa legs on, didn't install the mattress frame, they blamed everything on my son. I confirmed with my son there was no such word. The driver knew he supposed install all the furniture that he delivered, and store argued with me for my son told the driver not to install furniture. 1 of manager Melinda was really cold and mean. I had to run back to the store to get driver back. This is nightmare. Do not trust Kane's furniture. They had the lowest customer service in the whole United States!

I went to Kane's 3 yrs. ago and bought several items including a couch and loveseat. I was told there was a Lifetime Warranty on their products. I noticed that the material is going bald and wearing where you can see the under weave. I went into the store and spoke to a lady there who said there is nothing they could do and why don't I buy covers for it. I said "why would I do that." Apparently they don't deal with the company that made them anymore. I am disgusted at such poor quality. Will never shop there again.

We bought a white furniture set (8/10/2013) that included UV3 leather protection package, 5 years warranty against accidental rips, tears, burns, fading, stains. Before one year the sofa ripped (see IMG 1), they came took pictures and told us: it was no cover by warranty. As today the ripping is getting worse and furniture is losing the shape (see IMG 2-3). The reality this is not leather, it is a cheap imitation. Read the detailed warranty and find out the true.

I'd like to share all of you my bad experience with Kane's Furniture so you get DECEIVED as me. In October 2013, I purchased a metal dining set from Kane's which should have a lifetime warranty. I called them last month to report a problem with one of the chair's legs that had been bended over or tilted due to their bad quality and material. Last week a technician came, took pictures and told me wait for a phone call from the store with a response.

After few days, one of the store managers called me to let me know that we won't be able to fix or exchange the chair since it's not manufacturing defect. After like more than 20 minutes of talking with her on the phone trying to understand how metal can be easily bended over or tilted like that and it should be stronger than this, it was useless talking anymore. When you go to their store they try as hard as they could to convince you that their products have lifetime warranty but in reality this is not true. Definitely I don't recommend this store to anyone. JUST STAY AWAY FROM IT.

My wife purchased a bedroom suit and iComfort mattress from Kane's 2 years ago, keeping the receipt on file just in case. Less than 6 months later, the Serta mattress began to sag on the right side and became hard on the left side. On August 27, 2016, we called Kane’s and requested a warranty check on the bed, still having the receipt, requesting that someone come check out the problem.

The rep responded as scheduled and after verifying and taking pictures of the mattress, but never sitting or laying on the bed to feel the sag, explained that there was a single tag missing, and stated that the King (iComfort) mattress had a history of problems in this same area. (I believe that he did not think I was listening when he was trying to impress me with his mattress knowledge.) He stated that his report would be turned in on September 2nd, 2016 because it would take a day for him to write the report, but we should hear something back within 48 hours.

On the same date (09/01/2016) a Kane's rep contacted us and stated that they would gladly come back out and place a "support" (whatever that is) between the mattress and box springs, but would not replace the mattress. What is weird is that the rep blamed the mattress failure on the bottom support rails of the bed frame, which was also purchased at "Kane's", as a set, delivered and set up by Kane's employees, at the same time she bought the mattress and box springs.

Keeping in mind that the entire set (furniture and mattress/box springs) was purchased from Kane's in Brandon, Florida, the rep was not interested in looking at the receipt and only focused on the single missing tag, and the wooden supports, which came with the bed as a lower mattress support. I would advise anyone looking for furniture, especially a mattress, not to purchase anything from Kane's. There is no warranty and no customer care. But you may get "free support" for a sagging mattress???

I gave this facility 2 stars only because, unlike other reviews I've read, Kane's did partially work towards a resolution of the original problem. In April of 2012 we purchased a "leather" sofa and loveseat from Kane's of Brandon. This sofa and loveseat were for a formal living room that is used maybe 2 times a year (holidays). By late 2015 both pieces of furniture were peeling and cracking.

We contacted Kane's, where they told us to email in a complaint with pictures attached. When we received a response, the only thing we were told is it's not covered under the warranty. I reread the warranty and realized that they were correct on that, but decided to contact the leather warranty company just to see if they could help (we had purchased the UUV3 kit with it). The leather warranty company told us they only cover accidental spills or tears, not manufacturing problems. We decided to deal with it, because in the writing we had it did state that cracking and peeling wasn't covered.

Fast forward to June 2016. It wasn't until then that I heard of the Southern Motion (I believe that's the name) lawsuit with Kane's, or of the bonded leather issue. After researching the lawsuits and information I decided to reach out to Kane's again, where they informed us they would give us a $400 credit towards a new sofa and loveseat. While I didn't find that very helpful (not even the cheapest set in clearance costs under $800) we just couldn't stand the peeling furniture any longer. Kane's did give us $428 and free delivery for our problems, and our salesman was wonderful (Marcelo). I wouldn't ever pay full price for furniture from there again. (We also made sure not to purchase anything leather this time.)

Don't even know if they are deserving of any rating in regards to customer service and follow through taking care of their clients and their belongings. I purchase a bedroom set at Kane's Furniture and upon mounting and delivery of the furniture two items from my house went on missing. I have gone back to complain and speak to a manager. Manager never cared to replace my two missing Brand New Tesla Vaporizers that still in the box and never used. He was quickly to tell me that the two delivery guys were fired from their jobs. That tells me that they knowledge the problem but never took care of me as a client and what went missing in my home.

It's very disappointing to me, to know that there are companies like this out there. As a business owner, I will always take care of my clients and I will never leave an unhappy client leave my store because in order to be open for business they depend on us to purchase their product. I will never shop at this store again. I will not allow this behavior repeat again at my own cost. Be AWARE of companies that will not take care of you and will put you and your family in an unsafe environment.

I am in the process of looking for new furniture (dining room, living room). Stopped in at the Kane's Furniture Store in Port Charlotte FL. I was greeted by a very nice saleswoman. I was very interested in the dining room pub set with the marble top by the customer service desk. I was looking around. The phones were ringing. One of the other girls behind the counter said something about a customer being in the phone and it was for an older woman sitting at a desk behind the counter. The older woman said that the customer was an **. She just sat at her desk. The other woman asked her if she should take a message. That's when the older woman said ** as she answered the phone.

I went past the customer service desk to look at a living room sectionals on the other side of the store. I went back over by the customer service desk to ask them for the saleswoman that had greeted me at the door. Only to hear the woman ranting about Christians and politics. I had heard enough on my way out the door. I asked for a manager. She said that the manager on duty was Liz and pointed to the same woman who was doing all the ranting and raving. If this is who Kane's has managing their stores than they might as well shut the doors. Needless to say I took my business elsewhere.

I purchase a sectional couch set from Kane's Furniture in Brandon Florida. In less than 2 years the bonded leather started peeling. I contacted Kane's and was told since it was from the clearance room they do not cover it.

I purchased a living room set of leather love seat, leather couch and 3 tables for 2,218.57 back in 01/31/2011 along with the leather protection plan they sold. And by a year later they were peeling, flaking and looked terrible. I tried to file a claim on the warranty and was told it wasn't covered. And all other communication I had tried with the company I got no response from. So now I'm stuck with furniture I thought was going to last a long time is being covered up with sheets blankets etc. just so I can sit on them without having all the peeling bits all over me and my 3-year-old granddaughter I'm raising.

Kane's Furniture Company Profile