1.00/5
Based on 34 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Lakeland, FL

480 Kane's Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 11, 2018

I was told on the phone that my furniture would be delivered on 7/5/18. After not receiving a call telling me my 4 hour window of delivery time, I called them. I was told my delivery was changed to 7/14/18. Of course no one contacted me to see if that date was ok. We actually have plans that day that I can't honor since I don't want to wait even longer for my furniture. Kane's is also the only furniture store I have purchased from that requires full payment before you receive your furniture. This is an unbelievable business. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM KANE'S!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I BOUGHT MY BEDROOM SET IN 2014. I ONLY HAD IT A FEW MONTHS WHEN THE DRAWER HANDLES BROKE IN HALF. The drawers are very heavy and the pulls break easy when you pull on them. We reported it to them right away and they sent us new handles. A year later it happened again, and then again. They had told us that they will send us enough, which they did.

We are down to 2 handles left and we called to new ones again. They refused, we pleaded with them and explain that these handles were too weak for the drawers. They again refused. Now we are stuck with some handles missing. Kane's advertises quality, but they really sucked to us. From the beginning we were having difficulties with these handles. We looked everywhere for those handles and to no avail. We are so angry with Kane's and their ** "Good quality TV commercial". That's it, they also have bad customer service. I guess they got tired of us calling for handles. Bad company, bad customer service... Never no more!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 6, 2018

Told me three times, "we will call you," but never did. They gave me a July 2nd, 2:30-6 pm, delivery window. With no courtesy phone call, they showed up at 7:28 pm and of course, we were no longer home. July 3rd, I called them at 10 am the next day and was told it would be another week for delivery. I said, "No. I want a refund." I got a callback and the manager was working to get a quicker delivery date. So 10:30 am July 3rd (Tuesday) - July 6th, (3 full business days) NO PHONE CALL, NO NOTHING. Kane's Furniture does not care about customers. I do not recommend doing business with this company.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We purchased furniture from Kane's from Brandon store in Feb. They delivered half of the furniture in Feb and the other half was back ordered. Later they told in April that the furniture is discontinued so they can't deliver it so I asked them to take half furniture back so I can order whole new set. We scheduled the delivery dates 2 times but no one showed up on delivery dates and when I called them they inform me that driver called me and I asked them to cancel deliver which I never did. They also canceled my ticket and closed the order. These people just stealing money from customer and not ready to pick up half order nor refund my money. These Kane's furniture store in Brandon is a thief. Just know how to steal money.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I purchased a couch about a year ago, a few months after the purchase I noticed the material started to wear, I contacted the company and they sent someone out to look at couch, take pictures and go back to the store manager with them. This took a few weeks and many phone calls. I finally received a call and was told to come back in and pick another me couch, we looked around but everything else was hundreds of dollars more than my budget allowed, so they offered a partial refund after we fought with them, at this point we had no choice but to keep it because we threw out our previous couch.

Recently I noticed the stitching came out of the couch and the stuffing was all over, I contacted the store again and was advised that since we had taken the little money they offered us the couch was as is even though this is a separate issue. I am very upset and they do not care about their customers and sell cheap furniture, it is embarrassing and I hate having people over. You would think I have had this couch for years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kane's Furniture?

Original review: April 17, 2018

Garbage. Leather recliner (with extra purchased warranty) after 18 months is showing discoloration and terrible wear. Kane's and the warranty provider won't honor anything as they say it is normal wear. This is not normal wear. Just avoid Kane's. This is our second large purchase from them that was a bust. Avoid.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Received my couch and loveseat and the color was terrible. Was talked to terrible on the phone by the manager and was told I could not exchange for another color. Received a return email from the owner telling me to call them. Probably a misunderstanding. Then on my return call was treated the same as the first and was told the owner was not the owner but just someone they hire to reply to the internet mail. Such a terrible way to run a business. Buyer beware.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Purchased an Accent Chair which we picked up their warehouse. Once set in our home we noticed it didnt sit level on the level flooring. Called the manager at their Clearwater US 19 location only to be told they will make only 1 exchange. Really? So we returned it and wanting a full refund. I'll only purchase from Companies who stand behind their product.

Original review: March 30, 2018

To begin with I am a 69-year-old responsible adult without pets or children in good health with no mobility problems. On 11/08/2017 my wife and I purchased two identical recliners from Kane's Furniture store in Ocala FL. After a couple months actually 3 months and some odd days we noticed a problem with one of the recliners. My recliner actually is listing to the left side. After contacting the store an inspector came out today and said he could see that it was indeed listing and would report his findings to the store and they would be contacting me.

I received a call about an hour ago from a representative who politely told me that the mechanism is NOT covered by the warranty. WHAT? It's only 3 months old. She told me the chair is covered but I hadn't purchased the warranty that would have covered the MECH as she called it. Total crap and unacceptable. This situation is not over and I will not rest until it is resolved, as of now I'm fuming at this ** so I'll just say this, "Don't buy anything from them. Read the reviews and heed the warnings."

Original review: March 21, 2018

Purchased in 2015 - I purchased a leather love seat and couch from Kane's in Port Charlotte, Florida, for around $ 2,000. My so called leather couch is more like PLEATHER. Cracking. Sent pictures to Kane's but haven't heard anything from them. Of course my lifetime warranty doesn't cover the supposed leather.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Purchased a sofa from Kane's in Port Charlotte, Florida. The salesperson talked me into buying the stain protection warranty claiming it covers everything & I did. 1 year later I have several ink stains my sofa, filed a claim, they wanted pictures & receipts, sent that all in. Got a call & now they stated it doesn't cover ink stains. So turns out what they told me was false, it doesn't cover everything like they say. Will not go to Kane's Furniture store again! I recommend not to go there and waste your money.

Original review: March 15, 2018

2/23/18 terrible experience! Ordered a king bed-on sale. Put on order-no delivery, completed order online. Next went through sales office to complete. Initially 3 days for order, then saleswoman called saying "Why not deliver?" Recommended their delivery and lower cost than factory as local movers they used. I said ok after being called twice about same subject. Delivery scheduled. Next delivery person called saying he could not deliver as not fitting in his truck! He said had to be *un*boxed! I said no way! Called Kane's about such poor service and delivery issues. Turns out delivery person worked for Kane's in their warehouse, -not a insured delivery person, and questionable as to why this happened! Kane's fired (so they said) this person and then I was threatened by Kane's delivery person that I had him fired! He and his wife called with threats as to me paying for his firing!

Kane's did nothing in compensation to me for such activity and hardly a apology from store manager! Even later discovering delivery guy being mad had tampered with my purchase making it impossible for assembly- parts missing! Store manager when also told of assembly issue- as I had to purchase items-screws etc. Said-- "I will pay you for screws but not for a handyman I had hired at $20.00/hour as I had lost his hourly fee as no way to assemble and handyman had to leave and then come back! Poor customer concern! Manager also said-- "Call the law if you need to." And he would report call to corporate. Well, I was afraid and still on edge over threats this Kane's employee and his wife has caused me!

This was a conflict of interest. Delivery person working in warehouse and apparently an ongoing situation with Port Charlotte, FL. Kane's in knowing and letting such practices go on till this issue came to light to corporate! Sheriff report was made! Such treatment of a customer! Looking at this bed purchase and the anguish it caused -two days later I said enough! Get this $700.00 purchase out of my house! I put it on Craigslist, sold this bed at a $100.00 plus loss! Never again shop at Kane's, Port Charlotte, Florida, or any Kane's, as they have no care for customer issues or putting a customer in harm's way!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I made the mistake to buy a Leather Couch Set and Chair in New Port Richey. The leather is peeling off. I'm so mad I would like to dump the chair in front your store, but it is too heavy and I'm too old to do it. All you do is sell lousy leather and lying to the Customer, I was told that it is real Leather not BONDED. I will never buy anything from you again and hope a lot of people read my Review and don't shop in your Store. The Leather is peeling off where the Body does not touch the Leather, so I know they used fake Leather on the Furniture and sell it for real Leather, this is Fraud and you should be ashame for doing this. I had Leather Sets before and never had this happen because it was real Leather. DON'T SHOP AT KANE'S.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Beside other furniture I bought a bedroom with a king size bed at Kane's. On their website everything looked very nice and so I drove to Kane's shop in Ft. Myers to buy it. The delivery was on time, but I noticed that the bed frame on each side was 2 inches too wide and you saw the slatted frame below. I complained to Kane's. At first, it looked like customer service was trying to fix the problem. After a few days, I got a call that the management decided not to do anything about this. Thereupon I wanted to speak to the customer manager but I was dismissed on the grounds that the decision would be final.

It would have been so easy to fix the problem. A technician from Kane's has confirmed that to me. I have now solved the problem at my expense by a carpenter. This is the worst experience I've ever had with a customer service. This company does not even deserve one star - but otherwise I would not have been able to write this review. I will do everything to share this experience with my friends and acquaintances and will never again shop at Kane's.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I purchased a sofa 16 months ago. I also purchased the 99.00 package with leather cleaner, and coverages for rips and stains. The sofa was light ivory in color. It has already started to look darker and yellowish in color. Also the fabric feels different than the blue one on the showroom floor. I contacted the store and guess I’m tough out of luck. They said different colors can make the fabric feel different and they do not cover the sofa turning yellow and dark. They said it will change due to sunlight. My problem is it already looks dirty and a different color after 16 months. Who knows what it will look like in 2-3 years. They basically said, “Sorry about your luck!” Customer service is horrible. I will never buy anything from them again. As far as that 99.00 leather cleaner and guarantee DON’T BOTHER. It’s a rip off.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

6 Piece Sectional Sofa Set in Leather - After 3 days the 3 reclining sections, had severe wrinkles in the seat cushions. Kane's sent a tech, he took photos and said there was nothing he could do about the wrinkles. The tech also said we would contacted within 5 days... After 7 days I called and spoke to the Sarasota Store Manager. It was determined that it was the Natural stretching of the leather... THAT's total BS, I've had Leather sofa set for over 30 years, that have never looked like this JUNK. I also bought the 5 YEAR Leather Protection Warranty Plan, which is more BS. If you anything at Kane's Furniture, prepare to get Screwed. THEY HONOR NOTHING!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

The store is the worse store I have ever been in. Went to buy 2 recliners. Found what we wanted and they said it was in stock. That's why we wanted the chairs. This happened on January 19 2018. They told us they didn't the chairs in stock and it would be the end of January. They called and said it would be February 5 to the February 9. That day came and they said they had the holiday. The chairs had even been make because it was China and they had Chinese New Years. They have an ad on the radio saying get financed to 2019. It will take 2019 to get your furniture. No thanks Kane's. I'm done. Don't shop Kane's.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I spent 1837$ on queen mattress at 800$. Also mattress paid at 100$. 2 recliners at 300$ + 35 each for fabric protection, + 120$ delivery and 97$ tax. Was never informed about electric plugin. Thus chairs did not work with my condo area. Returned mattress pad for100$. So I was given only 455$ refund for 2 chairs that cost me 830$. I could not use them so paid price of chair for return. No one in store was helpful. Shame on Kanes worst purchase I have ever made. Fort Myers Fl...

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

We complained to Kane's in Feb 2017 about our bonded leather electric reclining sofa and chair purchased in Nov 2012 as leather peeling off items. We found another reclining electric chair that was exact match to our set and bought it at Kane's 1 year later. Everything looked good for 1 more year, then it all was peeling. I have put reviews on this website twice now. On Mar 7/17 Kane's contacted me for the store location and item numbers, etc. on our purchases, I gladly replied same day and have heard absolutely nothing since.

We did get a letter in the mail saying there was a class action lawsuit against Kane's and we were entitled to cash credit for full purchase price in store or a minimal cash buyout. We opted to take the full refund and it was to be settled May 2017. To date we have not received any mail or emails to respond to our frustration. Purchase sofa and chair Nov 11/12 sales order #** $809.99 and $549.99 plus tax and deliver total $1575.17 paid by Visa and order #** chair $399.99 plus tax total on Visa paid $427.99. We expect a refund ASAP. Thank you. Please reply and let me know when we can expect settlement. Receipts already supplied as well as pictures.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I purchased a leather sofa and love seat for $2,800 approximately a year and a half ago from the Ocala FL store. My old sofa was a manual recliner and was still in good condition, My wife wanted new sofa in leather and I told salesman "Don **" I had reservations about the new powered models. He assured me there were no problems with the motors or mechanisms! Lifetime warranty, lifetime warranty!! "Don't worry," he said! Several months ago, I noticed roughness in raising the leg and foot section of the recliner and soon when going down the bottom section locked up! I called customer service and was told the store handles the repair and warranty. I thought the corp. would do that! I drove to the store and made a service request that would take several weeks for a repairman to come out.

The repairman arrived with no tools and flipped the loveseat upside down and began to push his weight against the lower section back and forth. I thought he might break the frame. He said the frame was warped or bent and wrote some notes and took pictures! I asked for a copy of his paperwork and was told company policy does allow him to give copies!! Several days later, I received a message from customer service stating the problem was not a mfg. defect and was not covered. Another message from customer service requesting $257 for replacement parts! I was later contacted by one of the mgrs., "Bryan" of the Ocala store, and was told unless the rivets or frame welds broke there was no warranty coverage!!

My wife and I are in our 70's and got the motorized recliners to make it easier on us. We never forced the legs down. We always used the motor. Just normal use to watch TV. "Bryan" had an attitude and said the weight of your legs could bend the frame and he did not know how we used the loveseat because it was in our home!! This seems to be the way Kanes does business. Advertise "LIFETIME WARRANTY" don't honor it! BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Purchased a Leather couch and power leather loveseat 4 years ago. Dusting off the loveseat I noticed peeling off the "leather" under the armrest of loveseat. I took pictures and with "lifetime warranty" went to store, they sent a man to inspect, he said it's lousy material used to manufacture furniture and furniture will be replaced. The store called 2 weeks later and said it's normal wear and tear and not under warranty. The loveseat is not even used. It is in a den, the couch is used in the living room.

We are retired people with no pets or children and they are telling us it's wear and tear. So much for the slogan "GUARANTEED for life." The place where the armrest is peeling human body doesn't even touch it, even if someone would sit in it, which no one does, so how can it be worn? Not to mention again no one ever even sits in that loveseat. Don't buy anything from Kane's Furniture store you just get ripped off. Shoddy workmanship and leather furniture not all leather. This is the biggest rip off on furniture in my whole life. I am throwing this crap out and buying from a real furniture store.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

UV3 Masterguard: I bought a couch from Kane's Furniture in Clearwater, Florida and bought the UV protection on it and called for stain removal and they sent two different guys out to clean the couch and third time they're supposed to replace the couch if the stains didn't come out. When it got to that point they said that these things were accumulated so there wasn't covering anything.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

We have had our sofa for 4 years. The top piece of leather is cracking. In fact I don't think it is leather. When I called the store they said they wanted a picture of the damage. I sent them one. I received a call today from a person in the warranty dept. She said that the 1 year warranty on the leather was over. I said, "What about the lifetime warranty?" She said that was only on certain parts. If I would read the SMALL print on your sales receipt you would see that. They have just lost a customer and I will bad mouth this company to all my friends. DO NOT buy a LEATHER SOFA from KANE'S.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Barry, we're very sorry for your experience. Could you please provide us with either your order number, Kane's store of purchase and telephone number so that we may look into this further and try to resolve this issue? Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Despite attempts to have someone at Kane’s Furniture to acknowledge & address the defects (deflating cushions & unraveling/separating seams) in my bonded leather furniture, a five (5) year Limited Leather Protection Warranty Plan & their well publicized Lifetime Warranty, no one has been willing to fix the issues. Now, within the last couple weeks multiple holes have appeared and collapsible back cushions have loosened as well. This clearly indicates that the deterioration of this furniture will continue and we’ll be forced to buy new “defect-free” furniture at a deficit of $1,600.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My leather couch is peeling in several places. The seams are intact. Just the very thin layer of so called leather is peeling away from that area. When I purchased the furniture I was told by the sales rep. that everything from manufacture defects to accidents would be covered for a lifetime if I purchased the leather conditioner, so I did for both the sofa and the leather chair/recliner (which nobody sits on)... I have called them about my leather peeling 3 times and each time they said they would have someone call me back.

Finally when I asked who would I ask for when I come down to the store with my husband they transferred me to Mara. She after several minutes told me leather peeling is not covered. I told her about the extra leather conditioner I had to purchase to get all my bases covered and she said that was to only cover accidents. But, manufactured defects are not covered. The purchase was Savon at the time just before Kane's took over.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Overpriced! Cheaply made furniture! Horrible customer service in the Orlando OBT location! Received damaged items that they did not want to accept back. All their ads are false advertisements! They keep firing their General Store Managers! Bunch of dishonest crooks! They need to go out of business!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We purchased 2 leather reclining sofas from Kane's Furniture 3 years ago. The leather started falling apart. When we contacted Kane's we were told the sofas were bonded leather and our lifetime warranty was basically useless. We have sent pictures of our sofa to the corporate office, but have received no acknowledgment from them. I have made multiple complaints to the store where we purchased this junk furniture and they have said their hands are tied. I understand that there is a lawsuit against Kane's for the faulty bonded leather. This doesn't help any of the customers who made the mistake of buying from them. We are buying new sofas but not from Kane's Furniture. I cannot believe a big corporation will not back up its product or even give a courtesy response. Their product and warranty were misrepresented to us.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Philip, we're very sorry for your experience and would like to help fix the situation. Could you please provide us with either your order number, Kane's store of purchase and telephone number so that we may look into this further and try to resolve this issue? Please private message us and thank you!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

At this time I am expressing my frustrations while patiently waiting for Kane Furniture to offer some satisfaction with the sofa (Bonded leather section sofa / sleeper) I purchased there about 5 years ago. The bonded leather is completely breaking down. I have gone through the proper channels with the attorneys handling this case and have heard absolutely nothing. I did receive the "lifetime warranty" at time of purchase and am completely appalled this is not honored! Kane's weekly are running ads for great sales and reductions however they MUST take care of their previous customer or this will end up costing them more than any lawsuit!! I take great pride in my home and now this deteriorating sofa is a very big eyesore. I would like someone to contact me with a solution.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Had bought a sofa $1300, only been a little over a year. Seams are coming out. Lifetime warranty, oops doesn't cover it. WTF! I paid for Life Time Fabric Protection Warranty and nope not covered. They are a joke. And very rude customer service. No return policy because their products suck and everyone would return. I want my money back and they can take the crap back. It's an argument no one wins.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

They have the worst customer service! I ordered my furniture weeks ahead of the date I needed the furniture just so I wouldn't be furnitureLESS when moving into my new place. 2-3 days prior to my deliver date I received a phone call that some of my furniture was on back order which pushed my ENTIRE order back plus I found out no one scheduled my delivery in the first place. That was strike one.

Strike two, after having to return back info that office where I had to practically get out of character to make sure all of my furniture would be delivered days after my "original" date, the deliver she and guess what I still had pieces missing! The delivery guys had to tell me this because the office employees did not call me to tell me anything! I once again went into the office to schedule for the third time another delivery date. I was told my delivery would be for 07/31/2017. July 31st came and can you believe no one called me to confirm my delivery? I purposely did not call them until 4 days later. No one contacted me.

When I finally called Kane's and asked why I didn't receive my furniture and I was verbally told, "I don't know why no one did not call you." Are you kidding me!!!! What type of company is this? I finally received my furniture a week later. This has to be the worst company I've ever dealt with. They will never get my business and I will never refer anyone to Kane's! Officially the worst company EVER!

Kane's Furniture Company Information