1.57/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Lakeland, FL

Looking for a good furniture store?

517 Kane's Furniture Consumer Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Won't be buying anything from here again. Just dealt with a horrific customer service experience including lies and an inability to make it right because "it's against our policy." We ordered a dining room table set on July 20th. Our delivery date was August 1. The delivery guys arrived on August 1 without one of the dining chairs. They explained that they were in such a rush to load their truck that they missed the chair and apologized. We had a birthday party in just 2 days and were counting on this new dining room space to account for the people coming, so we called Kane's to see if they could remedy their error within the next 2 days. They could not. They also refused to allow us to pick up the chair, but more on that soon.

They rescheduled the chair delivery for August 8. August 8 came and went, and no chair arrived. I called today on August 12, explained everything, and asked when the chair would be delivered and how this situation would be remedied, hopefully in the form a refund of the chair. That is a reasonable solution in my opinion. The woman on the other end proceeded to say that the chair was back ordered, but it was in stock now. News to us since that's not what we were told – and the person who refused to allow us to pick up the chair must have known that but didn't tell us! The earliest the chair could be delivered is August 22!! Over a week from now – and the chair is sitting there at the warehouse, ready to be delivered today! This is astonishing to me.

I asked for a manager to call, and he did, and he proceeded to explain that refunds of any kind are "against the policy," but he's try to deliver the chair in the next week. He also wouldn't let us pick up the chair. I'm astonished that one little chair poses such a problem for the customer service here. They are literally losing a customer over a single chair. It's incredible, but it's unacceptable how they treated us, from lying about the back order to waiting to deliver the chair for over a month from purchase date. This is the kind of company I do NOT want to support, so I had to type out this long ordeal so that others know who you are dealing with when you purchase from Kane's.

Ok and thank you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Hello, I purchased a loveseat and sofa from Kanes approximately 2 years ago. We purchased the FULL 7 year extended warranty. The top two headrests on each piece started to wear and the color disappeared leaving a beige couch RED. The leather turned red on the headrest. When approached their warranty company and of course they said it wasn't covered. Then the customer service rep from Kane's Michelle called and said that it was because of oils built up over time that weren't cleaned off....This is the very definition of a bodily fluid stain. They claim it is not. Kanes offered to ship up covers to the tune of $150 and they would put them on....REALLY?? I told her no, she should pay for the $150 but refused. We spent $4000 in the store. VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE and POOR PRODUCT.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I purchased a entire living room set 2 weeks ago from the location on Hillsborough in Tampa and I was lied to from start to finish. Please beware of this store. They sold me discontinued items that I could never get fixed as well as charged me for delivery twice and has yet to refund it. When I call to speak with the manager he is always in a meeting and never returns any calls. When you call the corporate location all they do is transfer you back to the store. This is the worst customer service experience ever!!!!

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? Thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

When I bought a leather living room set from Kane's Store in Lakeland, I specifically told the salesman I did not like rocker recliners. I wanted a manual recliner because I knew it might be expensive to replace a power motor if it went bad. When the furniture was delivered, I had to leave on vacation. When I returned I noticed that the manual recliner was a rocker. It was labeled as a glider and I guess Kane's considers that a rocker also.

I called to tell them I did not want that chair because it rocked and they said I could upgrade for $203 more for a power chair that did not rock. I asked them to maybe split the difference because I was lied to about that chair. They said they were not going to charge for restocking or delivery of a new chair, so that was the break I was getting. I complained to their customer complaint department which was a complete waste of time. I will not buy from Kane's ever again, especially after reading and seeing pictures of furniture previously posted on this website.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: July 30, 2019

I purchased $4000.00 worth of furniture 7 months ago and it is coming apart at the seams on the side. I contacted the store and and a very RUDE manager name Malinda ** because she refused to give me her last name told me that it was not covered by my warranty because it was normal wear from using the recliners. I have only had this furniture 7 months and if it is falling apart after 7 months it was garbage to start with. They had no problem taking my money. They should have no problem replacing the defective furniture with new stuff. All I want is what I paid for so now I am going to see a lawyer and now they will end up paying out more than it would be to just replace the recliner.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review Harriet. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? You can also contact our customer service at 888-373-4088 with this information. Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kane's Furniture?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: July 29, 2019

We purchased a leather sectional from Kane’s around five years ago, this was replaced after a number of months, as the leather peeled, and the seats collapsed. We made many calls and eventually the Regional Manager contacted us, and agreed to give a store credit for the amount we paid for the purchase. We chose a love seat and a sofa, and paid the extra amount for the new furniture. Four years on, this furniture is now peeling, the seat cushions have now sunk, and the power recliner mechanism has now collapsed.

Kane’s sent technicians over to inspect the furniture, they were rude and would not listen to our concerns. We reported back to our local Kane’s furniture, on how we were treated. Kane’s called us three weeks later informing us that they will replace the mechanism, and once the part was delivered they will make an appointment to come and fit the part, nothing was to done with the peeling leather, and cushions. We were call on Friday 26th July by our local store, and was informed that the vender had assessed the pictures take by the technicians and declared it as wear and tear, and it is our responsibility to cover the cost of the repair. We explained that this is not wear and tear, as we have had the furniture checked by an outside source. We are very disappointed to say the least, and would not recommend anyone to purchase from Kane’s Furniture.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Jeffrey, I've sent your information to our corporate review staff and we should be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: July 3, 2019

My family liked Kane's products but unfortunately we will NEVER be returning again. We purchased a cocktail table, sofa table, side table, end table and 2 bar stools. We were told our pickup date was the following Tuesday 7-2-2019. My wife and I gave away our old furniture and made room for the new, and invited friends and family to come over on the 4th of July which is Thursday 7-4-2019. It’s now Tuesday 7-2-2019 and my wife took the day off work without pay to come with me to pick up the furniture and set everything up at home. We drive a good 35 minutes to Kane's just to be told "WE DON'T HAVE YOUR FURNITURE, LOOKS LIKE WE FORGOT TO SCHEDULE IT FOR ORDER". They got "The Manager" and he looked at the computer screen and said "WE DIDN'T PUT it on schedule". We asked him why? He replied "I'm not too sure".

We asked him when the soonest we could get it and he replied "Well, it can't be the next delivery truck because it is already FULL". My wife at this point is having a nervous breakdown. He then asked for our paperwork and went into his office. He came back out a few minutes later and said he could have it delivered on Saturday. We said what time? He replied with "WELL I'm not entirely sure it will be delivered on Saturday, but we can try." Then he followed up with "I MAY BE ABLE TO GET YOU A $100 COUPON, THIS IS A MAYBE THOUGH BECAUSE IT WOULD BE FROM A PREVIOUS CUSTOMER who did not redeem their rebate". So, in other words he might get it delivered and might give us a $100 coupon that is actually another paying customer's coupon.

We told him we would be more than happy to just take the used floor model and they can use our brand new set when it comes in. He then replied "NO, I CANNOT GIVE YOU THE FLOOR MODEL, 4TH OF JULY IS COMING UP AND WE NEED THAT TO SHOW CUSTOMERS". Wow, they messed up our order, gave uncertain new delivery dates, offered us other people's coupons and then practically told us that they need to use the furniture for 4th of July and didn't care about our 4th of July. We were disgusted at this point and walked away. I called the corporate office and spoke to a very nice gentleman. I told him the story and he agreed this situation was not handled correctly by the manager and does not see why we could not take the floor model in this case. He gave a note to his higher up and said that I would receive a call shortly and in the meantime he was going to call this local store.

After about 45 minutes of waiting in the hot parking lot with no return call, I called them back. They said corporate has been closed for over an hour and they are just the call service center. I had the phone call redirected to the 1st person I spoke to on the phone. He apologized for the inconvenience and said that when he called the local store and spoke with the manager, the manager also told him he is "NOT CAVING IN" and that he is not willing to do anything except get the furniture on schedule for a later date.

Needless to say after calling off work, driving 35 minutes, being told they forgot to schedule or furniture, being told "maybe dates", being offered other peoples coupons, offered new uncertain delivery dates and more we decided to cancel the entire order in which was over $1,100. Not to mention I pulled out Kane's line of credit to make the original purchase which naturally lowered my credit score. So now we get to spend 4th of July with family and friends and no living room furniture. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? You can also contact our customer service with this information. Thank you!

Original review: June 28, 2019

Back in 2015 we bought a whole house of furniture which included a living room set. We purchased the set based on the information we were given by the salesperson only to find out few years after that we were lied to. The arm and back rests peeled over time. We contacted the store and explained the situation and showed them the pictures and all they can say is ”sorry the manufacturer's warranty is over”. My suggestion to anyone thinking of buying furniture from this store, ”Be aware as to what they selling to you and don’t believe a word the salesperson tells you. Better yet go to a place where they treat you better."

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review Joe. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? You can also contact our customer service with this information. Thank you!

Original review: June 23, 2019

Kane’s furniture has no return policy, be careful if you don’t like. Whatever you buy can’t return. Awful policy. We purchase the couch and was delivered 2 days ago. However the couch is very uncomfortable so we called and there is no return policy. Very disappointing.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Lucineia, I'm glad we can help. Have a wonderful day.

Original review: May 25, 2019

We bought all of our furniture for our new home. 1 month after moving we noticed a slice in our leather couch clearly from a razor blade during delivery. I was prepared for a fight to say the least. In less than 3 hours this issue is resolved and they are bringing us a new couch next Saturday with no argument or issues. Thank you Kane's for standing behind your products and delivery. Also, we LOVE all of our furniture.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you Julie! Our Kane's team takes pride in the work that they do and would love for you to stop back in the future. We will be having another amazing sale this weekend so please don't hesitate and stop on by again. Thank you so much again and have a wonderful day.

Kane's Furniture Company Information