1.00/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Lakeland, FL

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

494 Kane's Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Purchased leather sectional in 2014. The current HYPE was that if you buy your furniture from Kane's that they would take care of it for life. We made the mistake of buying the leather warranty. Neither of these guarantees were of great value. To be fair, Kane's did come out and replace one piece they could not repair. The bad news is that the furniture is such low quality that the cushioning doesn't hold up. We have constant issues with the motors that adjust the chairs. The headrest broke in half (they fixed that).

Now the leather is cracking and coming off. That is not covered by the leather warranty. This is a buyer beware. We did not read closely enough the Kane lifetime guarantee...our fault. We did not read the leather guarantee closely...very limited coverage...our fault. Finally, I would like to say that the repairman who comes to your home is a saint. He does the most with the least. Never bad mouths Kane's. He just fixes it if he can. I wish you all luck buying your next piece of furniture. Don't rely on the salesman's banter. It may not be true.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello there Jeff and we're very sorry for your experience. Could you please provide us with more information so we can improve our services and resolve this issue? We would need your order number, Kane's store of purchase and telephone number so that we may look into this further. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Bought a power recliner sofa less than 2 years ago. It is starting to peel on headrest. Warranty was 1 year. Not covered. But they have a lifetime warranty on all their furniture. Told me I should have bought extended warranty. Cheap furniture. Don't go there! You been warned!!!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Our reclining loveseat and sofa are performing nothing like the one in the store. When we recline them they squeal so loud that you can't carry on a conversation with the person sitting next to you. The problem is when the leather rubs against the leather next to it. They tell us to use the conditioner that they supply with it but it does zero to eliminate the squealing sound. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM KANE'S!!! ALSO, MANAGERS NEVER RETURN PHONE CALLS!!!

Kane's Furniture response

Hello there and we're very sorry for your experience. Could you please provide us with more information so we can improve our services and resolve this issue? If everything isn't adequate please provide us with either your order number, Kane's store of purchase and telephone number so that we may look into this further. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Kane's offers a lifetime warranty on furniture as a selling point but when your furniture has issues it will not be covered. Beware of their joke of a warranty. I called the store and they asked for pictures of damage. They looked at a picture and said it was wear and tear. They didn't even have the courtesy to come look at it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Returned some smelly China made furniture on the 16th of November. Kane's said they made the credit to my account but never did hoping I would forget about it. Three weeks later and several calls they supposedly finally made the credit. Said it would take 5 to 7 more days. Customer service is horrible. Shopper beware, I should have read the reviews first. Would have never gone there. This was after they tried to charge us $299 per end table, the entire end table and coffee table package was $299. We had to take the misinformed sales guy back over to the furniture on the floor to prove it. They were trying to charge us an extra $299 dollars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kane's Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Our Italian leather loveseat, purchased in January 2018, did NOT even last 10 months. The backs, arms, and seats are FLAT. After we contacted them in October and their tech gave it a brief look, Kane's claims it's normal wear and tear. Seriously??? How can a 145-lb MAN and a 90-lb WOMAN, who RARELY SIT on the loveseat, demolish it in LESS THAN A YEAR? Kane's sells sub-quality merchandise with the promise of a great warranty that turns out to be absolutely useless.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I have bought a lot of furniture from this company because it always seemed reasonably priced and they have this great "warranty". Do NOT believe their warranty. I bought an entire living room set from them and the drawers won't open properly yet they just keep blowing me off. Now my coffee table is splitting in an area that is obviously due to crappy construction yet they refuse to replace the table. The customer service representative was rude and claims "something was spilled there and made the wood split". Wow, you would have to be pretty crafty to get something to spill where this happened. Pathetic furniture, pathetic customer service and I am ashamed to say I ever purchased anything from them. Do yourself a favor and just go to Rooms to Go. Their furniture is crap but at least you know that before you spend you money and get sold a fake warranty. #kanesiscrappyfurniture

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Still waiting on a back ordered mirror! I purchased the bedroom set in sept on the 6th. 3 deliveries later still no mirror. No one has even called for an update. I tried to get a refund for the mirror and they told me I would only get 19.99 BACK BECAUSE I WOULD BE BREAKING THE SET!!!! Hell I'm not breaking ** yall won't give me the mirror... Horrible customer service please do not spend money here. You will regret it!!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I bought a couch 3 months ago. It has power headrest, power lumbar, and power recliner. The seat cushion has broken down so much when the lumbar is now in the middle of anyone's back who sits there. I had a technician look at it and he even said others have had the same complaint. Kane's did call me and said there is nothing they can do since the cushion would have to show signs of deteriorating. Really? I told them I do not want the couch anymore then, they said they can't do nothing about it. I have spent over 11 grand with Kane's in the past 3 years. Couch feels great in the store, 3 months later, it hurts your back due to the seat. I am 240 lbs, my wife is 100 lbs less and her side has deflated as well. Buyer beware of the foam in their couches.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Kane's Furniture claims they sell high-quality furniture but they don't. It's low quality junk from China... We have been dealing with a rocker recliner mechanism for 2 years. They just ordered the third mechanism. The second one lasted about 15 minutes. We have waited approximately 6 months for both mechanisms to arrive from China. When purchased originally the salesperson told us that if we had any issues that our product would be replaced but that is not the case. Upper management doesn't seem to care of the quality of their product, only if their people are professional and treat you with respect.

I can say the service people resemble that remark whereas the sales people we have encountered are in my opinion liars and the manager of the store fits that category as well, we are referring to the store on 34th Street. We have spent $10,000 with Kane's, we would have been better off going to say, odd lots. I'm surprised at Kane's Furniture is still in business, the customer service people that I have spoke to are on the defense at all times probably from all the complaints that they get about their subpar furniture. I guess as long as upper management is collecting their paycheck that is all that matters.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Purchased a sofa in 2015 and was sold on the faux leather fabric because our sales rep told us it was proven to hold up better than real leather. We were also told that should there ever be a problem there was a lifetime warranty. In less than 3 years the fabric started falling apart. It is just my husband and I, no pets, no children and we are senior citizens who are not home several months out of the year. I have spoken to several different people in customer service and they all say it is just normal wear and tear and they don't cover that. So don't buy from Kane's because they only expect their products to last around 3 years no matter what they tell you. I will never buy from them again and neither should you.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I never been more insulting on life, I received $54 store voucher a leather sectional I purchase 4 year ago. I furniture starting pilling and some of spring broke as well. When I purchased the furniture I got a lifetime guarantee on the product but because I didn't filed a complaint within a year of the purchase it was no cover. But guest what Kane's? You lost a customer FOR LIFE!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Recliner leather lovesest - Mechanism on the left side is damage for the 2nd time, it tilts to the left, and the leather and the vinyl around the seat cushion is all tearing. A technician came took pictures, after 2 weeks and no call from the manager, I called today, and she told me after reviewing the pictures, and reading the notes from repair tech, that it appears that for now the mechanism could not be replace, that if it gets worse to let them know to see what can be done, and that the leather is not cover by the warranty; in other words terrible warranty coverage, and terrible leather quality. Last time I buy from Kane's, they will never get a penny from me or my family. Store on Dale Mabry in Tampa, Fla.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

We bought over 6 thousand dollars worth of furniture from them when we moved here. The release on the couch broke 3 times. They charged me each time 35 dollars to fix it. So much for their warranty. I just fixed it again for 8 dollars, I bought a new chair the sales girl recommended. I sat in it 2 days and I was sitting on the wood frame. They charged me an extra 100 dollars plus the difference for a different chair. I am 6"1 and 340 lbs. I guess that didn't mean anything to the sales girl, I wouldn't recommend them if my life depended on it. Poor service. Warranty sucks. Never again.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I was told on the phone that my furniture would be delivered on 7/5/18. After not receiving a call telling me my 4 hour window of delivery time, I called them. I was told my delivery was changed to 7/14/18. Of course no one contacted me to see if that date was ok. We actually have plans that day that I can't honor since I don't want to wait even longer for my furniture. Kane's is also the only furniture store I have purchased from that requires full payment before you receive your furniture. This is an unbelievable business. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM KANE'S!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I BOUGHT MY BEDROOM SET IN 2014. I ONLY HAD IT A FEW MONTHS WHEN THE DRAWER HANDLES BROKE IN HALF. The drawers are very heavy and the pulls break easy when you pull on them. We reported it to them right away and they sent us new handles. A year later it happened again, and then again. They had told us that they will send us enough, which they did.

We are down to 2 handles left and we called to new ones again. They refused, we pleaded with them and explain that these handles were too weak for the drawers. They again refused. Now we are stuck with some handles missing. Kane's advertises quality, but they really sucked to us. From the beginning we were having difficulties with these handles. We looked everywhere for those handles and to no avail. We are so angry with Kane's and their ** "Good quality TV commercial". That's it, they also have bad customer service. I guess they got tired of us calling for handles. Bad company, bad customer service... Never no more!!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

Told me three times, "we will call you," but never did. They gave me a July 2nd, 2:30-6 pm, delivery window. With no courtesy phone call, they showed up at 7:28 pm and of course, we were no longer home. July 3rd, I called them at 10 am the next day and was told it would be another week for delivery. I said, "No. I want a refund." I got a callback and the manager was working to get a quicker delivery date. So 10:30 am July 3rd (Tuesday) - July 6th, (3 full business days) NO PHONE CALL, NO NOTHING. Kane's Furniture does not care about customers. I do not recommend doing business with this company.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We purchased furniture from Kane's from Brandon store in Feb. They delivered half of the furniture in Feb and the other half was back ordered. Later they told in April that the furniture is discontinued so they can't deliver it so I asked them to take half furniture back so I can order whole new set. We scheduled the delivery dates 2 times but no one showed up on delivery dates and when I called them they inform me that driver called me and I asked them to cancel deliver which I never did. They also canceled my ticket and closed the order. These people just stealing money from customer and not ready to pick up half order nor refund my money. These Kane's furniture store in Brandon is a thief. Just know how to steal money.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I purchased a couch about a year ago, a few months after the purchase I noticed the material started to wear, I contacted the company and they sent someone out to look at couch, take pictures and go back to the store manager with them. This took a few weeks and many phone calls. I finally received a call and was told to come back in and pick another me couch, we looked around but everything else was hundreds of dollars more than my budget allowed, so they offered a partial refund after we fought with them, at this point we had no choice but to keep it because we threw out our previous couch.

Recently I noticed the stitching came out of the couch and the stuffing was all over, I contacted the store again and was advised that since we had taken the little money they offered us the couch was as is even though this is a separate issue. I am very upset and they do not care about their customers and sell cheap furniture, it is embarrassing and I hate having people over. You would think I have had this couch for years.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Garbage. Leather recliner (with extra purchased warranty) after 18 months is showing discoloration and terrible wear. Kane's and the warranty provider won't honor anything as they say it is normal wear. This is not normal wear. Just avoid Kane's. This is our second large purchase from them that was a bust. Avoid.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Received my couch and loveseat and the color was terrible. Was talked to terrible on the phone by the manager and was told I could not exchange for another color. Received a return email from the owner telling me to call them. Probably a misunderstanding. Then on my return call was treated the same as the first and was told the owner was not the owner but just someone they hire to reply to the internet mail. Such a terrible way to run a business. Buyer beware.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Purchased an Accent Chair which we picked up their warehouse. Once set in our home we noticed it didnt sit level on the level flooring. Called the manager at their Clearwater US 19 location only to be told they will make only 1 exchange. Really? So we returned it and wanting a full refund. I'll only purchase from Companies who stand behind their product.

Original review: March 30, 2018

To begin with I am a 69-year-old responsible adult without pets or children in good health with no mobility problems. On 11/08/2017 my wife and I purchased two identical recliners from Kane's Furniture store in Ocala FL. After a couple months actually 3 months and some odd days we noticed a problem with one of the recliners. My recliner actually is listing to the left side. After contacting the store an inspector came out today and said he could see that it was indeed listing and would report his findings to the store and they would be contacting me.

I received a call about an hour ago from a representative who politely told me that the mechanism is NOT covered by the warranty. WHAT? It's only 3 months old. She told me the chair is covered but I hadn't purchased the warranty that would have covered the MECH as she called it. Total crap and unacceptable. This situation is not over and I will not rest until it is resolved, as of now I'm fuming at this ** so I'll just say this, "Don't buy anything from them. Read the reviews and heed the warnings."

Original review: March 21, 2018

Purchased in 2015 - I purchased a leather love seat and couch from Kane's in Port Charlotte, Florida, for around $ 2,000. My so called leather couch is more like PLEATHER. Cracking. Sent pictures to Kane's but haven't heard anything from them. Of course my lifetime warranty doesn't cover the supposed leather.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Purchased a sofa from Kane's in Port Charlotte, Florida. The salesperson talked me into buying the stain protection warranty claiming it covers everything & I did. 1 year later I have several ink stains my sofa, filed a claim, they wanted pictures & receipts, sent that all in. Got a call & now they stated it doesn't cover ink stains. So turns out what they told me was false, it doesn't cover everything like they say. Will not go to Kane's Furniture store again! I recommend not to go there and waste your money.

Original review: March 15, 2018

2/23/18 terrible experience! Ordered a king bed-on sale. Put on order-no delivery, completed order online. Next went through sales office to complete. Initially 3 days for order, then saleswoman called saying "Why not deliver?" Recommended their delivery and lower cost than factory as local movers they used. I said ok after being called twice about same subject. Delivery scheduled. Next delivery person called saying he could not deliver as not fitting in his truck! He said had to be *un*boxed! I said no way! Called Kane's about such poor service and delivery issues. Turns out delivery person worked for Kane's in their warehouse, -not a insured delivery person, and questionable as to why this happened! Kane's fired (so they said) this person and then I was threatened by Kane's delivery person that I had him fired! He and his wife called with threats as to me paying for his firing!

Kane's did nothing in compensation to me for such activity and hardly a apology from store manager! Even later discovering delivery guy being mad had tampered with my purchase making it impossible for assembly- parts missing! Store manager when also told of assembly issue- as I had to purchase items-screws etc. Said-- "I will pay you for screws but not for a handyman I had hired at $20.00/hour as I had lost his hourly fee as no way to assemble and handyman had to leave and then come back! Poor customer concern! Manager also said-- "Call the law if you need to." And he would report call to corporate. Well, I was afraid and still on edge over threats this Kane's employee and his wife has caused me!

This was a conflict of interest. Delivery person working in warehouse and apparently an ongoing situation with Port Charlotte, FL. Kane's in knowing and letting such practices go on till this issue came to light to corporate! Sheriff report was made! Such treatment of a customer! Looking at this bed purchase and the anguish it caused -two days later I said enough! Get this $700.00 purchase out of my house! I put it on Craigslist, sold this bed at a $100.00 plus loss! Never again shop at Kane's, Port Charlotte, Florida, or any Kane's, as they have no care for customer issues or putting a customer in harm's way!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I made the mistake to buy a Leather Couch Set and Chair in New Port Richey. The leather is peeling off. I'm so mad I would like to dump the chair in front your store, but it is too heavy and I'm too old to do it. All you do is sell lousy leather and lying to the Customer, I was told that it is real Leather not BONDED. I will never buy anything from you again and hope a lot of people read my Review and don't shop in your Store. The Leather is peeling off where the Body does not touch the Leather, so I know they used fake Leather on the Furniture and sell it for real Leather, this is Fraud and you should be ashame for doing this. I had Leather Sets before and never had this happen because it was real Leather. DON'T SHOP AT KANE'S.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Beside other furniture I bought a bedroom with a king size bed at Kane's. On their website everything looked very nice and so I drove to Kane's shop in Ft. Myers to buy it. The delivery was on time, but I noticed that the bed frame on each side was 2 inches too wide and you saw the slatted frame below. I complained to Kane's. At first, it looked like customer service was trying to fix the problem. After a few days, I got a call that the management decided not to do anything about this. Thereupon I wanted to speak to the customer manager but I was dismissed on the grounds that the decision would be final.

It would have been so easy to fix the problem. A technician from Kane's has confirmed that to me. I have now solved the problem at my expense by a carpenter. This is the worst experience I've ever had with a customer service. This company does not even deserve one star - but otherwise I would not have been able to write this review. I will do everything to share this experience with my friends and acquaintances and will never again shop at Kane's.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I purchased a sofa 16 months ago. I also purchased the 99.00 package with leather cleaner, and coverages for rips and stains. The sofa was light ivory in color. It has already started to look darker and yellowish in color. Also the fabric feels different than the blue one on the showroom floor. I contacted the store and guess I’m tough out of luck. They said different colors can make the fabric feel different and they do not cover the sofa turning yellow and dark. They said it will change due to sunlight. My problem is it already looks dirty and a different color after 16 months. Who knows what it will look like in 2-3 years. They basically said, “Sorry about your luck!” Customer service is horrible. I will never buy anything from them again. As far as that 99.00 leather cleaner and guarantee DON’T BOTHER. It’s a rip off.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

6 Piece Sectional Sofa Set in Leather - After 3 days the 3 reclining sections, had severe wrinkles in the seat cushions. Kane's sent a tech, he took photos and said there was nothing he could do about the wrinkles. The tech also said we would contacted within 5 days... After 7 days I called and spoke to the Sarasota Store Manager. It was determined that it was the Natural stretching of the leather... THAT's total BS, I've had Leather sofa set for over 30 years, that have never looked like this JUNK. I also bought the 5 YEAR Leather Protection Warranty Plan, which is more BS. If you anything at Kane's Furniture, prepare to get Screwed. THEY HONOR NOTHING!!!

Kane's Furniture Company Information