1.34/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Lakeland, FL

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Kane's Furniture Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

BEWARE!!! We purchased a sofa a few months ago. It appeared to be a very nice, decent quality leather sofa. Sales and delivery process went pretty smoothly. A couple months of sitting on it proved the sofa was defective. We had taken the warranty because it has several mechanisms. We called for service. The serviceman finally made it out a few weeks after we called, mind you the sofa is so uncomfortable we sit on office chairs at this time. Nothing like paying big $$$ for a sofa we can’t use. Of course the sofa needed parts that had to be ordered. This was in October. It’s now Dec 5. I called today and was told they have 1/2 of the parts but the other 1/2 won’t be in till January sometime. I’ve asked to speak with a manager. Of course no one is available. Was told it may be 24-48 hrs.

None of this is acceptable. We’ve been unable to use this sofa for months. It is my opinion that a new sofa should have been brought to our home. Customer service does not exist anymore and it’s truly a crying shame the way we are treated today. Shame on you Kane’s Furniture. I will continue to post my reviews on any and every website I can until some resolution is reached. Update: I just heard back from the service department. Their reply was “sorry, you will just have to wait for the parts“. I say unacceptable, absolutely unacceptable.

Kane's Furniture response

No problem Tammy and thank you for your patience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

We bought #004599429 Land Tempest Pebble PWR Recl sofa 86" and #006599421 Land Tempest Pebble PWR Recl L/S 64" for $2,201. During the warranty period, one motor for the recliner stopped working. It took 1 1/2 weeks to get a technician to confirm that the motor needs replacement. It has been seven weeks and several phone calls but no answer as of when the motor will be available. Customer Service communicates that we have to wait until the motor gets in. Nobody calls you back or tries to fix the issue. We have been a long-standing customer with Kanes, but not anymore.

Kane's Furniture response

No problem Peter and sorry again for the trouble. We will contact you shortly and have a wonderful day.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We bought furniture from Kanes Furniture in Ochee, Go June 2017 a sofa, a loveseat, dining furniture, and a complete bedroom set, The sofa was not genuine leather and yes we were aware, but it should have lasted longer than 2 years! Completely flaked and peeled apart. Looks like crap! We don't even live in Florida from June -October. So actually the time we used it wasn't even 2 full years. Call store the person who answered said sorry no warranty on it. Guess I won't be buying anything from them again.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Jay and we're sorry for all the trouble. I would like more information so I can help you. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We bought two leather love seats and had a problem with the color. They said too bad. That’s the way it comes. You bought it. Too bad. They have the worst consumer service I ever seen even with the insurance we paid for. Never Never buy from Kane's. We are sick over the money we spent on junk!!

Kane's Furniture response

Hello James, I'm not able to take care of your issue with only your first name. I would like to help rectify your issue and hopefully we can change your mind. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? You can also contact our customer service at 888-373-4088 with this information. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

After reading the many terrible experiences and poor quality furniture that was purchased from Kane's and described in these reviews, I think I am the lucky one whose online order was cancelled by Kane's with no explanation. I made an online purchase of a dining set and living room furniture and console/buffet and paid via credit card in full and had a confirmed purchase order number and delivery date. I was purchasing new furniture for a Florida condo I own which needs new furnishings. However, within 48 hours Kane's sent me an email cancelling the entire furniture order. No explanation was given and no logical reason was provided. My credit card issuer had the pending purchase listed as approved. Why the cancellation? I called Kane's toll free customer service number numerous times. They couldn't help.

I sent emails and called a local store in Naples, where a sales associate gave me a direct phone number to call online website purchases. He said the Tampa location took care of online purchases, so call Tampa, he could not help me. That Tampa number went straight to voicemail. I tried calling multiple times over the next few days. Days later I have yet to know why the furniture order was cancelled. What an unprofessional, disorganized, miserable business organization this is, with horrible customer service. My advice, take your business elsewhere. I have.

Kane's Furniture response

Our online system flagged it as possible flagrant order. Our policy is to follow up with flagrant orders with a photo id. I can't go into detail online about what transpired with you order. We're doing this for the safety of our customers and sorry for the trouble. If you would like more information on your order please contact customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kane's Furniture?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I bought the sofa in last July (2019), I paid $ 150 per guarantee for the 3 pieces. In three months, the parts have been changed twice for breaks. After the last change, after a month the stained pieces appear, this did not happen the first time. They take almost a month to make the visit or change somewhere. Anyway, I have tremendous debt and a sofa that is useless. What I can do? Folk, please help me. Miguel

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Miguel, I just spoke to Micheal and she would like to assist you on your issue. She instructed me that she will be calling you and if you need her contact information it's 727-545-9559 ext 5252. If you can't get a hold of her please send us another message. Sorry again for the inconvenience and we hope to get this resolved soon.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

About a year and a half ago my wife and I purchased, amongst other items, a couch and loveseat from Kane's on U.S. i9 in St. Petersburg, Florida. Both items were red and covered in faux leather. Having noticed some similar items, while shopping in other stores, with the plastic peeling off we asked the salesman Richard and he said we would have no problems as this material was vinyl. Six months ago we noticed that the peeling had started in a no-wear area on the couch. Some weeks ago we returned to the store and spoke to the manageress named Michelle **; she said they had never heard of the problem but to photograph the problem and she would approach management in this matter. I told her Richard had assured us this would not happen and in a huff she said he did not know what he was talking about as the material was something like polythene and not vinyl.

After not calling us back we were told she had been moved to head office on 70th. Avenue. Contacting her she said to photograph the damage and send it to her and she would approach management. Guess what? She still will not call us back and nothing has been done. We demand a complete refund including the extortionate delivery charges. Kane's knows all about the peeling as they were involved in a class action lawsuit over the same problem some years ago. Obviously, they knew about the problem before we bought it. I think we were guinea pigs and that is why the computer has our material registered and they were testing the market at our expense.

Trevor & Nancy **

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Trevor, I just spoke to Michelle and we should be sending a person to review your furniture this Wednesday. If you're still having trouble please send me another message so I can get my staff to address your issue. Sorry again for all the trouble and we hope you have a wonderful day.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I stopped at Kane's with the intent to purchase a La-z-Boy recliner on sale. I selected a chair and within 2 months had several problems with noise and the lumpy fiber fill they use from China. Kanes exchanged it for a more expensive chair and that chair was like a torture device. The lumbar support jutted out to cause back pain. Couldn't sit for more than 30 minutes without pain.

A repairman came out twice. They say only once and said he said it's ok. LIE. He came with more filler and attempted to repair it, it was uncomfortable reclined. I called within 7 days to complain to return the chair,state statute says they must return it. Manager of store yelled across the store as I was leaving. We have this happen a lot and we always win hahaha. After 2 months of threats they returned it but didn't refund the $120 delivery and return charges, so $120 not to have a chair. I bought a La-z-Boy from Wayfair and love it. Only $400 delivered to your living room. I wouldn't buy a lamp from Kanes.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review John. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? You can also contact our customer service at 888-373-4088 with this information. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

We just moved to the Tampa area and purchased what we thought was a beautiful, leather recliner. We paid to have it shipped and assembled. The assembly crew stripped the screws out of the arms on the chair. The next day, the screws fell out. Kane sent one man to check it out. He agreed it was a lousy job and left. I called numerous times and received no response. Two months later, I received one new arm in the mail with no screws. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced in over 50 years. Do not purchase anything from Kane's you will regret it!!!

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review Barry. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? You can also contact our customer service at 888-373-4088 with this information. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Won't be buying anything from here again. Just dealt with a horrific customer service experience including lies and an inability to make it right because "it's against our policy." We ordered a dining room table set on July 20th. Our delivery date was August 1. The delivery guys arrived on August 1 without one of the dining chairs. They explained that they were in such a rush to load their truck that they missed the chair and apologized. We had a birthday party in just 2 days and were counting on this new dining room space to account for the people coming, so we called Kane's to see if they could remedy their error within the next 2 days. They could not. They also refused to allow us to pick up the chair, but more on that soon.

They rescheduled the chair delivery for August 8. August 8 came and went, and no chair arrived. I called today on August 12, explained everything, and asked when the chair would be delivered and how this situation would be remedied, hopefully in the form a refund of the chair. That is a reasonable solution in my opinion. The woman on the other end proceeded to say that the chair was back ordered, but it was in stock now. News to us since that's not what we were told – and the person who refused to allow us to pick up the chair must have known that but didn't tell us! The earliest the chair could be delivered is August 22!! Over a week from now – and the chair is sitting there at the warehouse, ready to be delivered today! This is astonishing to me.

I asked for a manager to call, and he did, and he proceeded to explain that refunds of any kind are "against the policy," but he's try to deliver the chair in the next week. He also wouldn't let us pick up the chair. I'm astonished that one little chair poses such a problem for the customer service here. They are literally losing a customer over a single chair. It's incredible, but it's unacceptable how they treated us, from lying about the back order to waiting to deliver the chair for over a month from purchase date. This is the kind of company I do NOT want to support, so I had to type out this long ordeal so that others know who you are dealing with when you purchase from Kane's.

Ok and thank you.