1.44/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Lakeland, FL

Looking for a good furniture store?

Kane's Furniture Reviews

Original review: July 29, 2019

We purchased a leather sectional from Kane’s around five years ago, this was replaced after a number of months, as the leather peeled, and the seats collapsed. We made many calls and eventually the Regional Manager contacted us, and agreed to give a store credit for the amount we paid for the purchase. We chose a love seat and a sofa, and paid the extra amount for the new furniture. Four years on, this furniture is now peeling, the seat cushions have now sunk, and the power recliner mechanism has now collapsed.

Kane’s sent technicians over to inspect the furniture, they were rude and would not listen to our concerns. We reported back to our local Kane’s furniture, on how we were treated. Kane’s called us three weeks later informing us that they will replace the mechanism, and once the part was delivered they will make an appointment to come and fit the part, nothing was to done with the peeling leather, and cushions. We were call on Friday 26th July by our local store, and was informed that the vender had assessed the pictures take by the technicians and declared it as wear and tear, and it is our responsibility to cover the cost of the repair. We explained that this is not wear and tear, as we have had the furniture checked by an outside source. We are very disappointed to say the least, and would not recommend anyone to purchase from Kane’s Furniture.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Jeffrey, I've sent your information to our corporate review staff and we should be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: July 3, 2019

My family liked Kane's products but unfortunately we will NEVER be returning again. We purchased a cocktail table, sofa table, side table, end table and 2 bar stools. We were told our pickup date was the following Tuesday 7-2-2019. My wife and I gave away our old furniture and made room for the new, and invited friends and family to come over on the 4th of July which is Thursday 7-4-2019. It’s now Tuesday 7-2-2019 and my wife took the day off work without pay to come with me to pick up the furniture and set everything up at home. We drive a good 35 minutes to Kane's just to be told "WE DON'T HAVE YOUR FURNITURE, LOOKS LIKE WE FORGOT TO SCHEDULE IT FOR ORDER". They got "The Manager" and he looked at the computer screen and said "WE DIDN'T PUT it on schedule". We asked him why? He replied "I'm not too sure".

We asked him when the soonest we could get it and he replied "Well, it can't be the next delivery truck because it is already FULL". My wife at this point is having a nervous breakdown. He then asked for our paperwork and went into his office. He came back out a few minutes later and said he could have it delivered on Saturday. We said what time? He replied with "WELL I'm not entirely sure it will be delivered on Saturday, but we can try." Then he followed up with "I MAY BE ABLE TO GET YOU A $100 COUPON, THIS IS A MAYBE THOUGH BECAUSE IT WOULD BE FROM A PREVIOUS CUSTOMER who did not redeem their rebate". So, in other words he might get it delivered and might give us a $100 coupon that is actually another paying customer's coupon.

We told him we would be more than happy to just take the used floor model and they can use our brand new set when it comes in. He then replied "NO, I CANNOT GIVE YOU THE FLOOR MODEL, 4TH OF JULY IS COMING UP AND WE NEED THAT TO SHOW CUSTOMERS". Wow, they messed up our order, gave uncertain new delivery dates, offered us other people's coupons and then practically told us that they need to use the furniture for 4th of July and didn't care about our 4th of July. We were disgusted at this point and walked away. I called the corporate office and spoke to a very nice gentleman. I told him the story and he agreed this situation was not handled correctly by the manager and does not see why we could not take the floor model in this case. He gave a note to his higher up and said that I would receive a call shortly and in the meantime he was going to call this local store.

After about 45 minutes of waiting in the hot parking lot with no return call, I called them back. They said corporate has been closed for over an hour and they are just the call service center. I had the phone call redirected to the 1st person I spoke to on the phone. He apologized for the inconvenience and said that when he called the local store and spoke with the manager, the manager also told him he is "NOT CAVING IN" and that he is not willing to do anything except get the furniture on schedule for a later date.

Needless to say after calling off work, driving 35 minutes, being told they forgot to schedule or furniture, being told "maybe dates", being offered other peoples coupons, offered new uncertain delivery dates and more we decided to cancel the entire order in which was over $1,100. Not to mention I pulled out Kane's line of credit to make the original purchase which naturally lowered my credit score. So now we get to spend 4th of July with family and friends and no living room furniture. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? You can also contact our customer service with this information. Thank you!

Original review: June 28, 2019

Back in 2015 we bought a whole house of furniture which included a living room set. We purchased the set based on the information we were given by the salesperson only to find out few years after that we were lied to. The arm and back rests peeled over time. We contacted the store and explained the situation and showed them the pictures and all they can say is ”sorry the manufacturer's warranty is over”. My suggestion to anyone thinking of buying furniture from this store, ”Be aware as to what they selling to you and don’t believe a word the salesperson tells you. Better yet go to a place where they treat you better."

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review Joe. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? You can also contact our customer service with this information. Thank you!

Original review: June 23, 2019

Kane’s furniture has no return policy, be careful if you don’t like. Whatever you buy can’t return. Awful policy. We purchase the couch and was delivered 2 days ago. However the couch is very uncomfortable so we called and there is no return policy. Very disappointing.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Lucineia, I'm glad we can help. Have a wonderful day.

Original review: May 25, 2019

We bought all of our furniture for our new home. 1 month after moving we noticed a slice in our leather couch clearly from a razor blade during delivery. I was prepared for a fight to say the least. In less than 3 hours this issue is resolved and they are bringing us a new couch next Saturday with no argument or issues. Thank you Kane's for standing behind your products and delivery. Also, we LOVE all of our furniture.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you Julie! Our Kane's team takes pride in the work that they do and would love for you to stop back in the future. We will be having another amazing sale this weekend so please don't hesitate and stop on by again. Thank you so much again and have a wonderful day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kane's Furniture?

Original review: May 12, 2019

After moving to Central Florida in 2013 we were looking for a replacement for my Living room furniture and we found Kane's. We purchased the perfect “leather” sofa and love seat and placed it in our little used living room. We were thrilled to know there was a lifetime warranty on it. In 2017 we bought another love seat and sofa for our family room. It got lots of use but after a while we had a problem with the bonded leather peeling. We were disappointed but Kane's gave us a credit toward new furniture, not the same caliber of what we had, but what we could afford. We switched the new sofa and loveseat with sofa with the first one we bought in 2013 to spare it the every day use.

Here is our disappointment... the furniture that was hardly ever used was peeling! I notified Kane's and sent them pictures and was told they would notify me in 3-4 weeks. That was April 2018 and I was completely brushed off and never contacted! Shame on you Kane's! You say you have a lifetime warranty but change your rules when it suits you. Buyer beware!

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Maryann, our team should have contacted you on your issue. Please let us know if you need anything else and have a wonderful day.

Original review: May 1, 2019

When purchasing furniture my salesperson declined to inform us that we would need to go back to store to pay for our purchase once the backordered piece arrived. We were using a Kane’s financing option and we have a card with acct number etc on it but we still had to physically go back to store. A major inconvenience especially since delivery could not be scheduled until we could make it to the store again.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review Paulette. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? You can also contact our customer service with this information. Thank you!

Original review: April 25, 2019

Was sold a leather power lift chair and talked into the UVA3 protection plan, which doesn't cover anything for leather, explain that. Then told the lifetime coverage is manufacturer defects. Well guess what! They seem to never find a defect. Sent out a guy to look at it. That was a waste of my time. Showed him the problems and he said, "I'll write a report." Till get a call and his report had really nothing to do with why he was there. NEVER EVER BUY FURNITURE FROM KANE'S! They lie and sell junk.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We bought several thousands of dollars of furniture from this store. They charge a delivery fee even though I have a truck and trailer and can pick it up. They refused and charged me. So then they set up delivery at 730 AM!!! That is not even acceptable business hours!!! And because I work night shift, that is about 3 hours after I get to sleep. I called to see what could be done and I was YELLED at, Threatened with more deliver fees if I changed and if I changed, it would be a different day AT THE SAME TIME. WOW!!! BUYER BEWARE.

If I had known I would be treated so horribly after giving them my business, I'd go to ASHLEY'S or HAVERTYS or HUDSON or BABCOCK.. plenty of other choices, rather than to be inconvenienced and THREATENED with cancellation and fees because you didn't want a 7:30 am delivery. I was also told (after purchase) that they have to deliver early due to the heat. It's 61 degrees right now. Really? Save that for August. Horrible, horrific experience... SHOP ELSEWHERE.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Our customer service associate has been trying to reach you. Her name is Michelle H. and you may contact her back to help resolve your issue. You can also contact our customer service with additional information or ask to speak to Michelle H.. Thank you!

Original review: April 19, 2019

We have had our living room set for seven and a half months and the interior string connecting the buttons which created tufting on the upholstery on one cushion has already broken. Because workmanship is guaranteed for 1 year, I would assume that Kane's would repair this issue. Our furniture will well cared for, and it is disappointing that it is already coming apart. Even more disappointing is that Kane's will not take responsibility for repairing a clear workmanship issue. I have forwarded our dispute to their corporate department, however we will not purchase from them again. When I purchase something, I want to know that it is well made and that if there is a defect I will not have to waste tons of my time getting it fixed. We've purchased from Kane's before and had other issues (eg. when we purchased a mattress, it had a black stain on it and needed to be returned and exchanged). This will be our last time purchasing from them.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review Kelly. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? You can also contact our customer service with this information. Thank you!

Kane's Furniture Company Information