1.34/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Lakeland, FL

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Kane's Furniture Reviews

Original review: May 1, 2019

When purchasing furniture my salesperson declined to inform us that we would need to go back to store to pay for our purchase once the backordered piece arrived. We were using a Kane’s financing option and we have a card with acct number etc on it but we still had to physically go back to store. A major inconvenience especially since delivery could not be scheduled until we could make it to the store again.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review Paulette. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? You can also contact our customer service with this information. Thank you!

Original review: April 25, 2019

Was sold a leather power lift chair and talked into the UVA3 protection plan, which doesn't cover anything for leather, explain that. Then told the lifetime coverage is manufacturer defects. Well guess what! They seem to never find a defect. Sent out a guy to look at it. That was a waste of my time. Showed him the problems and he said, "I'll write a report." Till get a call and his report had really nothing to do with why he was there. NEVER EVER BUY FURNITURE FROM KANE'S! They lie and sell junk.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 24, 2019

We bought several thousands of dollars of furniture from this store. They charge a delivery fee even though I have a truck and trailer and can pick it up. They refused and charged me. So then they set up delivery at 730 AM!!! That is not even acceptable business hours!!! And because I work night shift, that is about 3 hours after I get to sleep. I called to see what could be done and I was YELLED at, Threatened with more deliver fees if I changed and if I changed, it would be a different day AT THE SAME TIME. WOW!!! BUYER BEWARE.

If I had known I would be treated so horribly after giving them my business, I'd go to ASHLEY'S or HAVERTYS or HUDSON or BABCOCK.. plenty of other choices, rather than to be inconvenienced and THREATENED with cancellation and fees because you didn't want a 7:30 am delivery. I was also told (after purchase) that they have to deliver early due to the heat. It's 61 degrees right now. Really? Save that for August. Horrible, horrific experience... SHOP ELSEWHERE.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Our customer service associate has been trying to reach you. Her name is Michelle H. and you may contact her back to help resolve your issue. You can also contact our customer service with additional information or ask to speak to Michelle H.. Thank you!

Original review: April 19, 2019

We have had our living room set for seven and a half months and the interior string connecting the buttons which created tufting on the upholstery on one cushion has already broken. Because workmanship is guaranteed for 1 year, I would assume that Kane's would repair this issue. Our furniture will well cared for, and it is disappointing that it is already coming apart. Even more disappointing is that Kane's will not take responsibility for repairing a clear workmanship issue. I have forwarded our dispute to their corporate department, however we will not purchase from them again. When I purchase something, I want to know that it is well made and that if there is a defect I will not have to waste tons of my time getting it fixed. We've purchased from Kane's before and had other issues (eg. when we purchased a mattress, it had a black stain on it and needed to be returned and exchanged). This will be our last time purchasing from them.

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review Kelly. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? You can also contact our customer service with this information. Thank you!

Original review: March 27, 2019

We went to purchase furniture and told 20% sale was coming up over the weekend, and our sales rep, Paula ** told us EVERYTHING we purchased would be 20 % off. Lied to us many times. We called her several times to find out why our discount was not applied. Come to find out, three weeks later, she never submitted our discount, and NOT everything qualified for the discount. Store manager "apologized", however store policy showed not everything was under the discount. DON'T buy from KANE'S. Paula ** should be fired!

Kane's Furniture response

Thank you for sharing your review Lynn. Foremost, we would like to apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and telephone number so that we may look into this further? Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kane's Furniture?

Original review: March 12, 2019

I purchased an “Italian Leather” couch from Kane’s. My first purchase from this company. When the “Leather” started flaking off to reveal an off white material underneath, I called to talk to them about the warranty. The first thing they said was that they saw that I didn’t buy the “leather” kit with the couch. And because I didn’t hydrate the couch, that is the reason it was flaking. That is ridiculous! All of my furniture is leather, and I already had leather kits at the house which I use meticulously. I’ve never had real leather flake off this way. Clearly this is a faux leather couch.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I bought this chair about 8 months ago and had to relocate to Georgia so now it's broken and Kane can't do anything to rectify my problem because I bought this chair in Florida even though I spent thousands of dollars in their store. So now I got to spend more money on this piece of junk or throw it out. They don't care about customer satisfaction. If I dump it on my next trip to Florida. I'm going to place outside their store and leave it.

Original review: March 3, 2019

In August 2018 I purchased 2 Chaise Lounge chairs and a desk from Kane's. The two chairs were identical and we placed them side by side and my boyfriend and I used them periodically at the same time. Within 3 months one of the seams in one of the chairs started to split and actually began to crumble and disintegrate. The rest of the chair and the other exact same chair had no problem - it was just this one seam on the one chair. I called Kane's in December and they sent someone out to look at it. Their response? That this was "natural wear and tear" and they wouldn't do anything about it. How in the world can a brand new chair split and crumble in only 1 seam when the rest of the chair and the other identical chair had no damage??? Yet Kane's would not bend on their stance even when I spoke with a Manager.

The chair continues to get worse and I now have to put a towel on it to use it. The chair was not very expensive and they could have easily replaced it but they would not do anything at all except to reiterate "normal wear and tear". They don't expect their chairs to last more than 3 months? Ridiculous! I've shopped at Kane's off and on for more than 20 years but I will never go there again and I would warn everyone else not to either. They lost a long standing customer and damaged their reputation over a couple hundred bucks.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Purchased this set In late fall of 2015 for our vacation home from Kane’s in Port Charlotte. So in 3 years it has been used 12 months. Called because furniture is falling apart. I see other complaint for same thing as we are experiencing. Paid extra for warranty on leather and of course it comes with Kane’s warranty. “Kane's Furniture comes with a free lifetime guarantee. You may not keep your furniture for life, but it's nice to know you could.”

So I called and get a woman by the name of Shauna, no last name and she after explaining problem simply says, "It’s not covered." After a lengthy discussion and after numerous attempts to get her last name I ask for a supervisor, who I am told is Q, and after asking for her last name I am again told no reason to have it. Anyway after another lengthy discussion, I got them to schedule to send a representative. All the while they keep saying it’s not covered. There is a definite problem with material and workmanship that it just starts falling apart. From having read other complaints for same issue Kane’s need to stand behind their product. So am waiting to see what they will do, however after this initial call I am very concerned. Gave them 2 stars at this time because of how they refuse to even come out and look, and the stance of not covered. imagejpeg_0.jpg, imagejpeg_1.jpg, imagejpeg_2.jpg.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Mason, we couldn't find you information from what you've provided.Can you please provide us with either your order number, full name and a telephone number so that we may look into this further. Thank you!

Resolution response: Feb. 20, 2019

Follow-up: Kane's contacted me and I was provided with the promised reimbursement of the delivery charge. Thank you to their customer service people for taking care of this issue.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Purchased a bedroom set for daughter returning from school. Ordered with plenty of time but first delivery set was broken. Second delivery - wrong size mattress. Promised refund of delivery charge months ago and still haven't received it. Call, write - promises made along with excuses. Still no refund. Can't trust them - even though I have this all in writing in numerous emails.

Kane's Furniture response

Hello Robin, we just processed your refund and sorry for the trouble. Let us know if anything else to discuss. Sorry again for the trouble and we will be improving our strategy with your issue. Thank you

Kane's Furniture Company Information