1.16/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Lakeland, FL

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

497 Kane's Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 5, 2017

We bought a couch with La-z-boy style end seats and a love seat the same. One day we noticed that a spring had come off and was on the floor. We recently moved, however, when we had someone come out to replace the spring they tried to tell us that it was done during the move and was not covered. Also, shortly after we got the couch I had ordered another cover for it in case it needed to be replaced along with foam as that flattens out after some time. We were going to have that put on at the same time as the spring. Well, apparently we should have put it on when we received it because it's not covered either. It seems they offer a lifetime warranty but come up with all these excuses as to why they can't do it. We've had the couch for a few years. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: March 21, 2017

Don't buy anything from Kane's Furniture. They don't honor their products or warranties. I bought a leather couch and loveseat, which on inside of cushions are peeling. But according to them their warranties don't cover that. But I didn't buy a leather couch and warranty to have this cheap stuff peel. According to them I have polyurethane sides which isn't covered. But I didn't buy a polyurethane couch. I thought I bought leather. Also their lifetime warranty is not that! To them it's only 7 yrs. Don't buy from this company. You will be sorry.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: March 14, 2017

I purchased 6 kitchen chairs and a table from Kane's in Orlando. They have a lifetime warranty supposedly. The chair seats are made of an imitation leather. The leather is now peeling, but Kane's refuses to honor the warranty, they said the warranty covers everything but the seat coverings. When we bought the chairs they said lifetime warranty, not selective warranty. Interesting that they now have a class action suit ongoing for peeling leather on their bonded leather products, but our chairs are not covered.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I made an order. That furniture I wanted was not even available but the salesperson says it is. When I came to pick it up it was nowhere there. I couldn't get my refund. Never, ever deal with this store.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I purchased a sectional, a table with 4 chairs and a recliner in 2015. After 6 months the recliner and the sectional began to peel. I paid $3,600 for that trash. I called and complained twice and never received a call back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kane's Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

First, Kane's "omits" certain information about furniture for example, "leather" is actually bonded leather that flakes leaving like you just got your couch from the trash. And "lifetime guarantee" is useless because...loophole here...you/we sign a bill of sale for leather and leather doesn't peel there for not covered. They "omit" bonded. Not to mention they don't believe the levers used to recline are mechanisms of a reclining chair. Last and surely what pissed me off most is we settle for 75% original cost in store credit (shady dealings are afoot). 2 days later we get a paper that Kane's was the subject of a class action lawsuit about the flipping bonded leather! Did the lady from Corp say anything to us? Ooohhhhh noooo. Furious! Now I have store credit I have to use because I need furniture. I'm forced to do business with horrible company and settle for furniture I don't like or want.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

We own a condo in NPR which we use a couple of months of the year. We purchased a leather sofa sleeper 4 years ago for our condo and have used it 3 times. This year when we arrived we noticed that the leather is crumbling and peeling severely. I took one of the cushions to Kane's to show the customer service woman and she was extremely unprofessional and condescending. She said that Kane's would not do anything to help us. We had previously purchased leather furniture about 15 years ago and it is still in excellent condition. We are shocked at the extremely poor quality of furniture that Kane's sells and extremely dissatisfied and disappointed that they refuse to help us with a problem that they created. We believe that we have been deceived by Kane's and would like some help in resolving this matter.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

We purchased a sofa and chair, both automatic electric recliners from Kane's in Nov 2012. We only live in our home in Florida 3 months a year so the furniture is rarely used. We found a matching recliner bonded leather tan chair exact make of the set we purchased and bought it on sale at Kane's in March 2014. We usually buy 100% leather but Kane's reassured us that their 'bonded' leather was made with even better quality workmanship and would last as well or better than 100% leather. We believed them and did not buy a warranty.

Within 2 years leather was peeling off the chairs. The newer chair looks like a potato peeler was taken to the entire chair as it was peeling everywhere, not only where you sit but even parts never touched by human contact. We covered the sofa to make sure it didn't start and we're dismayed to remove the cover and find the same thing happening to it. We threw out the new chair in the garbage and kept the sofa in the garage as no one would ever buy it from us in the condition it is in. We covered it again with the sofa cover. The original recliner chair is now cracked on the sides and starting to peel as well. Kane's would do nothing for us as we didn't buy their warranty. BEWARE - NEVER BUY ANY FURNITURE FROM KANE'S.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Purchased two bedroom lamps that we liked. Saleman said we could have demos, never explained they were as is. While paying for merchandise salesman went and retrieved lamps and put in a bag for us. We left store, secured lamps in back floorboard of truck and returned home. Removed lamps from bag and plugged in, turned one on to remove tag and found bulb socket was broken and allowed shade to dangle. Immediately called store and was told there was nothing they could do. We had never put a hand on the lamps until removing from bag but was told it was our fault. We were told we could bring the lamp back to the store and for a small fee one of the warehouse workers would see what he could do.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I bought a housewarming gift from Kane's, it is a carved wooden Sea Turtle. Upon giving to my friend that same evening fresh out of the wrap they put it in, we notice one flipper looked as though it was missing a piece. I took it to a Kane's the very next morning, only to be told; "We don't do refunds! Did you buy it from a clearance section?" I said no to the very unfriendly & unprofessional woman in customer service as I showed her my $100.00 receipt. The staff at the store an hour away where I have purchased it were at least friendly.

The person with me bought a sofa table but found one on base much nicer & in stock so he went back to get a refund since it wouldn't be in for almost a week per Alain, his salesman. He was informed that he would get a refund in 5-7 days & they would not return his receipt to him as proof. He now has no receipt & no merchandise & it's been the 5 days. I should have taken this as a hint & not waste my time trying to exchange or get a refund. What a terrible experience.

There are a lot of very trusting winter folks here that are not used to this kind of business here in Florida. I am from the Texas area & people still shake hands by treat you right. I pray my friend gets his refund of $213.99 on a table that wasn't even in stock since he went back within two hours of ordering it but I have my doubts. I am very sorry to read of so many other people being taken advantage of & getting bad product also. Kane's was on the news tonight about their bad leather furniture & bad business practices. Sad.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

About 3 years ago I took my income tax refund to Kane's to purchase a sofa with reclining ends. I was so excited when I found this beautiful brown leather sofa. Never once was I told that it wasn't real leather. Within a year I noticed some cracking; now there are massive bald spots. I reached out to the store and was informed that yes the furniture has a lifetime warranty but not the bonded leather. I am so disappointed. The whole side that I sit on has started flaking on the floor and everywhere I walk there is a piece of the bonded leather on the floor. I didn't know there was any kind of class action suit against Kane's until tonight when I saw it on the news. I would be so overjoyed to receive acknowledgment that Kane's did me wrong.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

We have bought almost whole house and every piece has broke several time. Have had repairs made and sofa and love seat trashed after just 3 years. All mechanisms broke saying it from our dogs. Totally dissatisfied.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I bought a couch and loveseat from Kane's with their "Quality so good it is guaranteed for life". What a joke. In less than two months the furniture started to fall apart. I called Kane's and they sent someone out and told me they would get back to me. They never called me back and after multiple calls to them I was finally told that it was normal wear and tear and was not covered under the warranty. I will NEVER buy anything from them again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

We purchased a 2 piece leather sectional on April 2014. The warranty was to cover everything. By January 2017, there were bubbles in the leather and it was peeling. When we called we were told the manufacturer went out of business and they had other complaint. Kane's would NOT HONOR the lifetime warranty and wanted to give us a $300 store credit for furniture we paid $800 for... And a bigger insult, they wanted us to return the sectional. WHY WOULD WE ACCEPT THAT $300 AND PURCHASE ANYTHING ELSE FROM KANE'S. We will go to Haverty's or Ashley's to replace this sectional.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Last year I bought a 699 dollar recliner. It's peeling all over the floor. They say lifetime protection. They lie. Told me they won't replace it or even send someone out to look at it. They threw me out of the store. Very nasty with me. Please shop at rooms to go. They back up their products. I had problems with Kane's before but I gave them another chance. What a mistake. Beware of kane's.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I choose to buy my furniture from Kane's Furniture in Fort Myers Fl but I see it was a big mistake. Less than a year this sectional lasted before the white started to turn red, it took about two months for Kane's to send someone to take pictures and then receive a call from the manager assistant (very unprofessional) telling me sorry there is nothing Kane's can do about it, that it didn't matter how long I had the sectional. It could be couple of months or years. They don't stand behind their products and I was stuck with this poor quality leather sectionals that by the way Kane's charge lots of money for it.

I guess if corporate can't do something about it I'll take this to the local news to make sure other people don't get scam by Kane's Furniture and they can take their money somewhere that stand behind their products. I guess for now I'll keep paying the remaining balance on my Kane's credit card while I go to the news and may have to go and take legal actions for selling poor quality products at a high price and not standing behind their products.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I was proud to work for Kane's Furniture. I took the job with the agreement that I would be transferred to the location near me. As I was succeeding at the Naples store the mgr/dm of Ft Myers store contacted me & said he wanted me in his store but needed me & to not let my mgr in Naples know... I was to request a transfer (as already promised). I had already offered to move to Melbourne for a transfer for the fact that I did not want to work in Naples but had virtually no response. I contacted the mgr of Fort Myers to discuss things & he said he'd be there 12-Midnight Fri so I went after 9 when most coworkers would be gone but he chose to leave early & not inform me. I asked for a leave of absence to visit my ailing mother & brother & was denied. While visiting them I got a call from the mgr at Fort Myers to fire me.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Let's see where do I start off at. The salesperson was the best part of my decision making from there it was a freaking nightmare. You pay for their delivery charge and then expect the furniture to be brand new and no damages, but it's not. Instead it's scratched and scuffed. The table latch was bent so the table wasn't line up smoothly. So the guys called it in to let them know and I got a phone call back and said they would send a service tech out on the 30th. Now my furniture was delivered on Jan 17 mind you then I get a phone call saying they were bringing me a new bench since mine was damaged on Jan 24. So I take off work to find out no bench and it was actually the guy to bring a new table piece to fix that problem that was scheduled on the 30th.

So I called customer service to let them know about the error. Spoke to George, said I took off work and don't have any more days to take off and that I needed it to be delivered that Thursday. Said he would try to work me in and get back to me. Guess what? He never did. Next day the 25 spoke to Ana and she said she's sorry but they don't deliver on Thursday so I'm like, "Ok what's your next avail?" She says, "Jan 30 Monday." I said, "Ok I'll take," and she said, "They will call you the day before to give you the timeframe." I said, "Ok." Mind you keeping calm and still no one has apologized for all this **.

So I get a voice mail today from a Nikki saying they don't have a truck coming my way so they need to reschedule till Feb 11th. Now this has gone far enough I don't give a **. It's your fault you make someone drive and deliver it down to me not my problem. So husband and I will be calling today and telling these idiots to come pick up their ** ass furniture and refund me my money and delivery fee because this is **. Been nice enough. Worse experience ever. This is the Kane's located in Tampa FL on Hillsborough Ave.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Would never thought that installation by "professionals" could be so dangerous. After three weeks, since I bought "Old World China", My wife opened door and glass shelf with all stuff dropped on her feet. Reason - unappropriated installation by Kane's employees. They didn't adjust this piece of furniture. We got completely destroyed beautiful the China set for 6 person from Europe, crystal bowl (heirloom about 60 years old), deep scratches at floor and furniture and a other stuff were damaged. At least it cost me $1,000. 4 month I spend for calls, emailing each other, waiting... eventually for nothing. They are denied the claim. That is the reason: "the claim was denied. Per our claims department this was delivered 4 months ago and there is no way of knowing if items were moved or adjusted." Are you kidding me? Is that my hobby? Moving and adjusting furniture? 4 month ago?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I bought a Therapedic mattress at the Kane's in Tampa right before my hip surgery in 2014. I was told that as long as there weren't any rips or stains in it, if anything happens I would have no problem replacing the mattress. The bed starting sagging after about a year, but got really bad the end of 2016. I wake up every morning with my hips hurting. I finally got someone out here to measure the sag and it was 2 in. Now Kane's is telling me that from the pictures he took, they could see all kinds of bugs in my bed and that I would have to get my bed exterminated before they even considered talking about replacing it. When I asked to see the pictures, they told me they couldn't do that, it was against policy. I found out that Therapedic has a lot of problems itself and Kane's no longer sells the model that I have.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

We ordered a power reclining sofa and love seat, as well as a coffee table and 2 end tables. Everything was fine until it came time to deliver the products. They never called and set up a date. We called numerous times to see why and got the runaround. It took at least 5 calls to get it resolved. We set up a delivery date and they were supposed to call the day before to set up a time frame, so someone would be home. They never called, so no one was there. We had to re-schedule again.

When we finally got the order, they delivered a non powered version, and one table leg wasn't secured properly. I had to go back into the store to sign a new contract, because the salesman had written it up wrong. I did so and they told me they couldn't get the sofas out until the end of the month because they were on back order, but they charged me the increased cost anyway. They scheduled to swap out the table, but again it was a no call, no show. I asked to speak with a supervisor, and I was told one would call. I asked to have them delivered on a Saturday because they'd inconvenienced me twice already and I was told that wasn't possible. Still haven't heard from that supervisor yet either. If I could give this store negative stars, I would. DO NOT BUT ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I would never thought that installation by "professionals" could be so dangerous. After three weeks, since I bought 'Old World China', I opened door and glass shelf with all stuff dropped on my feet. Reason - unappropriated installation by Kane's employees. They didn't adjustment this piece of furniture. I got completely destroyed beautiful the China set for 6 person from Europe, crystal bowl (heirloom about 60 years old), deep scratches at floor and furniture and a other stuff were damaged. At least it cost me $1,000. 3 month I spend for calls, emailing each other, waiting...eventually for nothing. They are denied the claim. That is they reason: "the claim was denied. Per our claims department this was delivered 3 months ago and there is no way of knowing if items were moved or adjusted" Are you kidding me? Is that my hobby? Moving and adjusting furniture? 3 month ago?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I purchased 2 couches 6/3/2012. Main reason for the purchase was because "Sam" the salesman said that the warranty covered everything on the leather couches. 4 years into the ownership the couches almost at the same time started to crack and the peel. The back of one peeled right off and the seat of the other cracked and peeled. Both were "leather". I contacted Kane's for the warranty claim. They said it could not be repaired and that they would give me $500.00 store credit and free delivery. BECAUSE it was not under warranty for peeling. The corp office person totally unyielding and unsympathetic. NO way I will buy from them ever again. Don't waste your money on the UV3 protection package.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

We purchased a stool that was height adjustable. After little usage the stool would creep up to full height. We returned it to the store and they put a (apparent) new lower section on the stool. When we got home the new stool would still go rise up but at a much faster rate (in a couple of hours). Again we returned this time. The manager got irate, told us tough and told us to take our stool and get out of the store. To which we did and will never return. Very very poor customer relations from the manager in the Lakeland Florida store.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

Kane's will never be in my favor again. I had ordered 37 pieces completing a master bedroom, formal dining, and Family room. Defects found in several pieces have been reported to Corporate Customer Service and they said that the damage described was not covered under the warranty. I will start off with the dining room. The table has fingerprints in the paint and flaws on 4 of the six chairs. The tables for the family room have bubbling in the wood of the cocktail table, sofa table and end table. They were only 6 months old when I noticed the problem now the bubbles are getting larger. The Sofa had a hole in the "Cardboard" of the left armrest that was fixed by balling up more cardboard and placing it over the hole and tacking the fabric back down leaving excess fabric and a ripple in the batting.

Going into the bedroom, the set that I had fallen in love with, also has problems. The side rail on the right of the bed is stained poorly and very noticeable. The drawer’s hardware is causing rubbing and grinding on the wood resulting in wear marks of the wood and drawer. There is so much wrong with this furniture I can go on for days, but it is not just the quality of the product, it’s also the service which I was given after the sale. I was told that nothing will be done with my furniture and that everything that is wrong is not covered by the warranty when the salesman stated if ANYTHING was wrong, it would be replaced. I felt betrayed and taken advantage of. I wanted so badly for Kane’s to restore my faith in their company but they have failed, nothing has been done to do it. Why? “Quality so good, it's guaranteed for life”?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

We had a lift chair purchased. We told them it was in need of repair. They checked it and "ordered" the parts. We never heard from them so when the couch was in bad shape after a couple years peeling and a big hole in it we just tore it apart and threw it away. I wanted to dump it off at Kane's but my husband would not. Now this other sectional we have is fading and has several other issues. I will never go there again. We paid over 2000 for this piece of crap and am so disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

Horrible!!! Kane's does not stand behind their lifetime guarantee!! I purchased a bed for my girls 3 years ago, the side rail split once and It took a lot to get someone out to repair it and now this time they refused to repair it even though I have a lifetime warranty. Everyone seems to have the same problem!! They need to be held accountable for their poor quality furniture and the fact that they LIE about their warranty!!! I will never shop here again and I will be sure to put the word out so friends or family don't either!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

3 years ago I remodeled my home and purchased a sectional from them. It was supposed to be polyester not bonded or leather. Been there done that. They even scotch guarded it. Of course they say it's a lifetime warranty. Well, my significant other watches TV at night on it. I do cover it for protection just in case. Well, when we have company I take off the sheet and it looks faded but it's not. No sun there. I have been around and around with them. They already have a lawsuit for the bonded leather and they won't cover this. They want all 6 pieces for exchange of $600 credit... ha no way. It's polyester. It shouldn't do this. Good thing I don't have kids and animals. Can you imagine what it would look like? I would highly suggest not to buy anything there because they do not back up their warranty. I told them they should advertise it still. They are liars.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

I will try and make this short. We bought living room furniture. Shortly after the back side of the recliner fall down to the floor. The tech came out and after checking, said the whole assy. had to be replaced. The new assy had to come from China and was 14 weeks out. We waited roughly 20 weeks, and a different tech installed it. After he left the back fell down again. I found a handful of screws and things on the floor. When I called to explain, I was told it was normal wear. When we tried to move it, a long steel piece caused a large groove in our hardwood floor. Then I called again, Jessie ** told me that his techs were afraid of me and would not return. Now I am a large guy (not fat) and cannot walk. My voice is deep and carries a long way. I am confined to the wheelchair or the hospital bed, but even so they afraid of ME? Since then, when I called in, they would hang up on me. I have given up and bought two new recliners from a different store.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

We were missing the feet from the sectional we purchased from the Ocala, FL store and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They shipped us the feet and we received them in three days. Our sales associate Linda ** was very sweet and helpful. I would highly recommend Kane's Furniture.

Kane's Furniture Company Information