aka Catnapper Furniture

2.7/5 (939 ratings)

About Jackson Furniture Industries

Since 1933, Jackson Furniture has been a family-owned furniture production company with products made in the USA. Featuring Catnapper Recliners, we create furniture to live where you live. Available from dealers across the US, Jackson Furniture has made millions of customers happy over the last 75 years. We pride ourselves on our extensive testing and detail-focused production, which makes Jackson Furniture unique in the industry.

Jackson Furniture Industries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I haven't even received my sofa yet, but reading all of the reviews about poor quality and service has made me very nervous. I've been told it should be delivered within 4-6 weeks. I'll return to let you know how it turns out. I just want a well made quality sofa that is worth what I paid for it. I'll let you know.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

We bought a Catnapper double recliner about 2 1/2 years ago. We really liked the color and looks. After 2 years the covering started coming apart. A half of a year later, there are about a dozen areas coming apart. Jackson Furniture said I need to look in the phone book to find someone to fix it. If I can post pictures, I will.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

We purchase a leather Catnapper reclining sofa 4 years ago. We are light users of this sofa. I have several areas that have the leather wearing off. It is so disappointing to think of all the time and energy I took to shop for this along with the price and it is a piece of junk. Buyer beware. My last leather sofa La Z Boy which is in my basement looks better than this one.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Their product is trash. I purchased a recliner and had nothing but problems with it. They finally agreed to replace it. I've had the replacement for about two months and it's even worse than the first one I had. Do not buy this garbage furniture!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I bought two recliners in Dec 2016. By Oct 2020 the swivel bases are broken, and my hardwood floor destroyed by scratches from the broken parts, which is doubly frustrating. The product came with a "Lifetime Warranty", but when I contacted them to ask for replacements, they asked me to pay for them. The warranty states customer pays for shipping, but the parts(other than the leather) should be covered. When I asked for an explanation about the contradiction with their own warranty, they stopped responding. I contacted the retailer too to inform them of their supplier's behavior.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I purchased a loveseat and sofa. Both were purchased for their ability to handle heavy weight. The steel construction was well made. The padding was good, though the lower back support faded quickly and the cushions themselves are free floating so they can twist easily. The power recline works and is heavy duty. Now we come to the single point of failure. They use the same feet discs for these heavy couches as they do for the light one. Plastic that twists and cracks off. Leaving a metal bolt head scraping a hole in your floor. Or ripping your carpet. Etc, etc, etc. You cannot find replacement parts even through their dealers. Even if you could replace them the discs are substandard. They should be machined out of metal, IE same item but of metal, with a felt lining. Even a simple thick disk with half the center milled out so the bolt head could recess.

Having moved I found most of the disc legs showed fatigue, half were cracked and 6 were broken off completely. I now sit with the loveseat wrapped in my new living room as I cannot put it back together until I figure out a way to get new feet discs. And the couch is using the best I had left but I have little faith that they will last. There is no way to contact the company that gets you a response. I will NOT buy this product again nor would I recommend them to anyone. No matter how well constructed they are if they have nothing to stand on they are worse than useless.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Purchased a Catnapper Recliner from Boscov's, around two and a half years later the top layer started peeling off from the backing, what a mess. They talk about quality construction and made in the USA, I am not happy, never buy another product made by Jackson Furniture again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I purchased a leather Catnapper recliner a little over 2 years ago. The inside back of the recliner leather top layer started peeling off. The Warranty covered leather replacement but not the sewing...

Original review: July 16, 2020

I needed a recliner to lift my legs for medical reasons. I had to order online because of coronavirus shutdown. I wanted to get one that wouldn't break as I'm 350lbs. This is 400lb limit. First I had to wait 5 weeks for the delivery. First day I sit and try to recline and get almost all the way back and it tips forward throwing me on my feet with the back holding me down! Company where I bought will not take it back or exchange it. Now what? I'm handicapped and cannot keep trying to work this chair. Paid a lot of money!

Original review: July 15, 2020

I purchased a sofa, love seat and recliner in September 2019. The recliner broke after one week. The store where I purchased it repaired it. Now the recliner and love seat are broken! I can't get the store or Jackson Furniture to do anything to fix the problem. The furniture is some of the worst quality that I have ever seen. If I could give them a minus score I would. I will never recommend this company to anyone!!!!

Original review: June 24, 2020

The materials that are used on their furniture is crap and they will not stand behind their product. My furniture is 6 years old and they more less said, "Can’t help. Good Luck." The furniture fabric is peeling up which was suppose to have been leather and is not! I tried to see if they would recover or what they could do to help with it and they're doing nothing. I will never ever buy from this company ever again! Furniture is suppose to last more than 6 years when you pay over $2,000 for 2 couches.

Original review: June 13, 2020

After 7 months the back cushions are flat and sagging and seat cushions squeekig when sit. Should not happen. Looks like I have had furniture for years. I spent alot of money. Please help and fix this.

Original review: June 9, 2020

For the same price as Jackson/Catnapper pieces, you could go to Ashley and get something made twice as cheaply. The frames of Jackson/Catnapper are all steel-reinforced with a limited lifetime warranty, the cushions have thick inner coil springs with a limited lifetime warranty, and all the recliner mechanisms have a limited lifetime warranty. The cushions are second to none when it comes to retaining their shape and the company themselves are the most excellent when it comes to claims.

Original review: May 26, 2020

We bought 4 recliners in the past year. Two of these have already broken. The reclining mechanism is very cheaply made. These were fabric, non-electric recliners. We purchased two different models--one of each has broken.

Original review: April 27, 2020

The recliner broke down 5 months after we bought it. We had it repaired and within a month it was broke down again. I did not call back to have it fixed again because customer service was so rude on the phone and the day they came out to fix it. The guy seemed mad because he had to fix it I don’t know if it was because Of that or because he had to train his helper. Worst piece of furniture I have ever bought. I’m out of a lot of money and still making payments on it. It’s going to the dump and I’ll have to shop for a new one. How can anyone sell something so horrible quality. Makes me sad.

Original review: April 4, 2020

My sofa was less than 2 yrs old and the material started crumbling off the back. I have the two seater reclining sofa. I could have bought a real leather sofa for what I paid for this one. The sales lady told me it was better.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Bought 2 Catnapper recliners from PC Richards. Warranty is limited lifetime on frame. Both PC Richards and Catnapper/Jackson are the worst with customer service. Chairs are put together with staples and small little scraps of wood. The arm of the chair separated from the body rendering the chair useless. We had a repairman come out and said it was covered under warranty. However he didn't leave us any paperwork with his phone number or name and now no one knows who it was that came out or won't tell us. PC Richards is saying we have to pay for another repairman to come out and pay for repair. What!!! Catnapper is saying PC Richards is handling it. I have always had recliners some 20 years old and did better than these recliners for a 3rd of the price. Never will buy anything from Jackson or PC Richards ever again.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I purchased a catnapper recliner 15 months ago. The reclining mechanism had to be replaced after 6 months. Shortly after the warranty expired this thing fell apart. The two center springs snapped in the middle. In case you are wondering I weigh 195 lbs. The locking mechanism in the closed position failed a few weeks ago. Nothing but junk, I never thought in my wildest dreams I would say this. You are better off at Rooms to Go but make sure what you are purchasing wasn't made by these people.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I bought the Grant sofa and after a year the springs were sticking through the cushions. The decorative stitching is came apart after a few months. The zipper is broke on one cushion. We are not rough on furniture and do not have small children. Our last sofa, not a Jackson, lasted 15 years. I will never buy another piece of Jackson furniture. Farmers Furniture wasn’t aware of the warranty on my Jackson sofa, so I’m 4 days out of my warranty and Jackson doesn’t care. Do yourself a favor and don’t buy Jackson. Will not last.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Purchased lift chair 1 year ago. Just paid off chair. Is sagging to left side! When reclined sits very bad. Can't believe this! I live on social security so was a strain on my budget. But have bought catnapper in past and was good furniture. I am sorry to say this was a bad buy! Still have tags on chair.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Bought 3 pieces of Catnapper furniture in 2017. Seat cushion failed and is now soft with a spring hitting your butt. Jackson Furniture would send us the replacement cushion once we prepaid for shipping, $55.00. The only problem we have is now try to find someone authorized to repair the Catnapper furniture (not one in this area or surrounding states) and if we were lucky enough to find a technician to repair it, we would have to pay out of our pocket for the repair. Warranty is worthless!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I bought what I was told was steel framed furniture of high quality. My couch is barely over two years old and the frame broke out from underneath it while I had friends over just sitting on it. Upon further inspection their steel frame isn't even attached to real wood. It's particle/plywood material and just stapled together not even nailed or screwed to the frame. I would not buy this furniture again. Highly dissatisfied. After being a Jackson customer for years they have lost my business. It's not like I bought a cheap set. They cost close to 3,000 new. Totally not worth the money.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I have a Jackson Furniture recliner. The handle on the side broke and I wanted to purchase a replacement. There is no customer service number to call on their website. I have emailed them five (5) times from the link on their website. In 6+ months, I am yet to receive an email reply or a phone call. Their customer service is the worst that I have ever seen.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I received my Hudson sofa and love seat a little over 2 years ago when we purchased our home. After a few months the spring in the back of the love seat popped and is poking out the back of it. We also are experiencing major damage to our sofa due to peeling and cracking cause by normal use of the sofa. These products look nice but are very poor quality when being used daily.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Raymour and Flanigan - $1100.00 power lift recliner. After just 2 days, problems developed. Battery backup does not work at all. Main power only works intermittently. Hours trying to get in touch with the store. Finally told a technician would come out next week. Very, very unhappy with both the chair and the store.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

We saw these recliners in a furniture store and loved them! Very comfortable, nice looking recliners. We special ordered 2 recliners, took almost 3 months for them to “make”. We have had them 1 year, the leather is fading to a light brown, a 2 tone color. They ARE cleaned with the leather cleaner they recommend. Of course their warranty doesn’t cover anything regarding the leather upholstery, etc. I will never buy from them again. A wasted $3000 for junk.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I bought Catnapper Lift Chair in April for over $1200. One arm of it was sinking in more and more. After I had it for 6 months, I made a few calls to furniture store. They send someone to see and repair. There is a piece of wood that goes front to back on top and attaches at each end to cross pieces. The long one that is front to back was much too short and not attached at back end; it was just hanging there. The man replaced wood and did a good job. I’m pleased. BUT - I sent message to Jackson Catnapper Company ONLY to let them know so they can probably check that department quality control.

Ha! I received an apparently GENERIC email, (from Tamra **), telling me they don’t take care of repair issues but they have a limited warranty, and to call the selling dealer to get my repair done. The woman didn’t even address my issue/concern. *I already had told them repair was done. So, I sent another email to let them know I didn’t appreciate the Generic response and to suggest they check quality control. I never heard back. We want another lift chair and I am sure it won’t be a Catnapper. Jackson Catnapper does not care about customers.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

We purchased these items at Boscovs in Binghamton NY. Exactly two years later the couch and chairs are both peeling. They are a mess! I will never, ever, buy another Catnapper product. Just a side note, when I went to Boscovs to discuss the situation they said “the couch and chairs are peeling right.... Sorry you have had them two years”. Wish I had looked up this site prior to my purchase.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

The leather began cracking and peeling badly after 2 years and the reclining mechanism has broken twice on each side. It is barely 3 years old. No help from Catnapper. Buy at your own risk. From what I am reading in reviews these are common complaints.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Two years after receiving this recliner as a gift, the Spring Coils started popping up from the seat! I take Excellent care of my furniture & I weigh 140 lbs, no kids or other adults have ever sat on the chair, except MAYBE 5 times total. I live alone and keep to myself. I had recliners before for 15 years and NEVER had any issues with them. I would never recommend this company to anyone. It's wrong to say it's the owners responsibility to pay for S/H cost because of poor craftsmanship that a company made.

Jackson Furniture Industries Company Information