2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

aka Catnapper Furniture

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.34/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Since 1933, Jackson Furniture has been a family-owned furniture production company with products made in the USA. Featuring Catnapper Recliners, we create furniture to live where you live. Available from dealers across the US, Jackson Furniture has made millions of customers happy over the last 75 years. We pride ourselves on our extensive testing and detail-focused production, which makes Jackson Furniture unique in the industry.

Our products include sofas, reclining sofas, sectionals, sleepers, tables, chairs, and more!

View More View More

Jackson Furniture Industries Reviews

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

The leather began cracking and peeling badly after 2 years and the reclining mechanism has broken twice on each side. It is barely 3 years old. No help from Catnapper. Buy at your own risk. From what I am reading in reviews these are common complaints.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Two years after receiving this recliner as a gift, the Spring Coils started popping up from the seat! I take Excellent care of my furniture & I weigh 140 lbs, no kids or other adults have ever sat on the chair, except MAYBE 5 times total. I live alone and keep to myself. I had recliners before for 15 years and NEVER had any issues with them. I would never recommend this company to anyone. It's wrong to say it's the owners responsibility to pay for S/H cost because of poor craftsmanship that a company made.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My experience with the Brandon chaise lay flat recliner. It’s a dud. The first one I had not even 30 Days frame bent to the right and made footrest catch and jerk in! Sent Technician to fix. Frame was bent. Huge flaw throw the fabric one side to the other. Replaced frame and cushion cover. Bent to the right again, bent. Technician Was Sent to fix cushion cover, Ripped the whole cushion apart by ripping and scissoring it to death. Then put on new cushion cover on wrong. Called SONO AGAIN! Called furniture store. Took pictures of damaged chair cushion and repair. Ordered me a new char, Right side leaning again and catching making foot rest jerk again to right. This time chair cushion not sewed completely Together!! What's up with CATNAPPER! Frames are weak and sewing is junk.... I CAN SEW BETTER THAN THEY CAN!! NOT EVEN A YEAR OLD! SICK! YOU BUY FOR QUALITY AND LONG lasting product, you get junk!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Purchased 2 loveseats, chair and ottoman Jackson Catnapper Drummond series furniture. Was told by dealer that the material was “tested” for strength and durability to last. Even on their website they claim to sell furniture that lasts and is quality built. Within a year the material was literally separating at the seams in every cushion. The material is peaking away from the backing. The spring broke in the chair pushing up through the cushion. We sit in our furniture daily but no misuse or anything out of the normal just enjoying the furniture to sit and watch TV. We have other furniture that’s over 15 years old and held up 10 time better than this furniture. Purchased in fall of 2017 delivered in spring of 2018. Will never purchase from this manufacturer again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

We have owned 3 Catnapper Cloud 12 Power Chaise Recliner - Camel. A huge disappointment. Let me say that this is a beautiful chair and the fabric is very nice. Catnapper in my opinion is all about aesthetics for a quick sale, not quality or longevity. However, don't be fooled by looks. The inside is poorly made of particle board and cheap filling. The power is a failure along with comfort after 6 months. That's when the problems begin. We are average size adults, under 150 lbs. We have no pets, no small children. This Catnapper Cloud 12 Power Chaise Recliner - Camel was the first purchase from the largest on-line retailer. It was not cheap by my standards. Said it was built to last!

Catnapper Cloud 12 Power Chaise Recliner - Camel #1 Looks beautiful, fabric is awesome, plush and comfy for the first 6 months until the cheap filling starts sagging and comes out from the bottom. The strong "particle board" that it is built with broke on the left side of the recliner within 13 months. Power totally stopped working within 13 as well. We cannot use it anymore. Yes, I still have this one, it's beautiful. It was put in a bedroom for looks.

Catnapper Cloud 12 Power Chaise Recliner - Camel #2 My husband loved this chair so much that I decided to buy him one for Christmas exactly like this one 2 months after I purchased mine. I purchased it from a local furniture store. It was awesome the first 6 months, then problems started with his. The entire chair collapsed due to poor quality and workmanship. We took it back to the furniture store. They allowed us to trade it in on a Lazy Boy at their suggestion. They told us that this among other styles by Catnapper has the same poor quality build and they were in the process of discontinuing the brand.

Catnapper Cloud 12 Power Chaise Recliner - Camel #3 Being swooned by my new chair, I also ordered Catnapper Cloud 12 Power Chaise Recliner - Came for my daughter for Christmas as I did my husband. I ordered it from another popular on line company as she lives out of state. Within 13 months of ownership the power was touch and go, sometimes it worked, most times it wouldn't. When it did work it sounded like a train. Very loud, finally stopped working at all. She said that her chair began to pop in the seat area and started sagging and dispensing cheap thin filler all under the chair. Like mine, still looked good. She took her chair to the dump.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Original review: July 29, 2019

After 15 years with the same living room furniture, we decided we wanted a change. The furniture was still in very good shape. No tears or worn spots. We decided we wanted to buy a good quality set so we purchased a sofa, loveseat and two recliners. It is just myself and my husband (no pets or children). While the sofa and loveseat is sturdy and functional, after 2 years the "bonded leather" began peeling off. There hasn't been any chemicals used to clean. Only an occasional damp cloth. The recliners were horrible. The frame on one seems to be warped and the material has almost completely worn off of the back headrest area and arms.

When checking on what we thought was a lifetime warranty, the small print states a one year limited warranty on certain parts and materials, with no warranty on leather or vinyl. I will never purchase another catnapper piece of furniture. I've noticed similar reviews about peeling leather. I normally do not write reviews but am writing today in hopes that someone may avoid this problem. Our old living room furniture from now 20 years ago is still in good shape being used by another family member who we gave it to.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I purchased 2 Catnapper recliner couches and received them today 6/26/2019 and one of my couches came damaged with a hole. I am not happy. This is my first experience and not a good one. It took long enough to receive my furniture. Now I have to return it.

Original review: June 27, 2019

The chair broke down in 2 months and does not recline. We reported it to Boscov's where we bought it in Wilmington, Delaware. They gave us a case number, but no one has got back to us. This is a nightmare for dear mom who sleeps in it.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Catnapper refuses to acknowledge they have a problem with parts falling off their chairs. We had screws falling off the 1st year and a half until the frame gave out. (We could not see where the screws fell out of so we could not put them back.) Catnapper told me to find a service company in my area to fix the chair and they would supply parts. THERE ARE NO SERVICE COMPANIES IN MY AREA. I know because this is a replacement chair within one month of purchase because Catnapper could not find someone that would service their product in our area. I'm guessing they are having a hard time finding service people to work on their products because they would have to check every part in the chair.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I bought a Catnapper recliner. About a year and a half after buying it, it started getting loose, they said the frame is lifetime warranty, but I would have to pay around 60 dollars for shipping for the warrantied part and another 65 dollars for the frame to be installed....that's not a warranty. Warning..save your money and buy something else. It is now 4 years later and I still cannot use the chair. Big waste of money.

Jackson Furniture Industries Company Information