1.92/5
Based on 179 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

aka Catnapper Furniture

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1933, Jackson Furniture has been a family-owned furniture production company with products made in the USA. Featuring Catnapper Recliners, we create furniture to live where you live. Available from dealers across the US, Jackson Furniture has made millions of customers happy over the last 75 years. We pride ourselves on our extensive testing and detail-focused production, which makes Jackson Furniture unique in the industry.

Our products include sofas, reclining sofas, sectionals, sleepers, tables, chairs, and more!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 18, 2018

359 Jackson Furniture Industries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

I purchased the Catnapper Series from Farmers Furniture in Oct of 2013. We loved it at first. Then about 2.5 yrs later it began to peel. I have a Couch, Loveseat and Rocker that basically needs to be thrown out. I don't understand why they didn't recall the furniture since it is evident thru the complaints it was not just a random problem.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 17, 2018

I bought a Cat Napper Power Recliner in October of 2014. I had the recliner for 2 days and they had to replace the motor. Now the motor is bad again. It is going to cost me $60.00 for a new motor and $80.00 for a service call that I already paid once last week for them to come out and tell me the motor was bad. When you pay for a warranty that is suppose to cover these kind of problems and it doesn't, kind of makes you mad. Why should pay for something that when you need it, they tell you that it's not covered. I bought a second Cat Napper power recliner, but if this is the service that I'm going to get from the manufacturer, I wouldn't recommend buying this manufactures products.

Troy,

The warranty for the motor is 3 years from date of purchase. Without knowing the style of your furniture I cannot tell you if the pricing you were provided is correct, if you would like to provide us with the serial number off the furniture I would be happy to provide you with pricing to include shipping & handling. I am also providing you with a warranty card for Catnapper products to confirm the warranty for motors. We do not manufacture the motors, they are provided by a supplier, however we do pass along the warranty of 3 years to the consumer. I have e-mailed a copy of the Catnapper warranty to the address you provided in your profile.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 15, 2018

3 months and not able to keep sectional pieces together. They hook and then easily separate. Company can’t fix it and it makes no sense that this is an issue! No product testing! Replaced entire couch once already. Can provide receipt and pictures if needed.

Jason,

Please contact the dealer you purchased your furniture from, the dealer carries all warranties for the 1st 12 months.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 12, 2018

My experience has been mostly with RC Willey where we purchased the Jackson furniture from. The Sofa and Chair on display in the showroom was comfortable and we liked the way it looked so we bought it. When we purchased the furniture we were never told that there was no warranty coverage for faulty material problems either by RC Willey or the manufacturer. They did offer a treatment for the faux leather which we agreed to have put on to have an extra layer of protection. We purchased the furniture on 12/9/2011 and some of it was delivered on 12/16/2011. The love seat came on 1/5/2012; which we exchanged for another chair as it did not fit the room. The other chair showed up on 2/3/2012. We were excited to have some new furniture that we thought was going to last a long time and be comfortable.

When we sat down on the sofa it was not near as comfortable as the one in the showroom. We just figured that it was that way because it was new. It is still pretty much the same way. So we use it but not all that much and only for short periods of time. Just about 2 and half years after purchasing it we started to notice some crinkles in the faux leather (bonded fake leather) which actually looked like what real leather does and we thought nothing of it at the time until we started seeing little pieces of brown stuff on the floor. It just looked like small pieces of dirt and then we realized that it was the furniture that was shedding its skin. We called RC Willey who unsympathetically informed us that we outside of the warranty period and there was nothing they could do for us.

After a couple of more phone conversations they did give the number of the company they use to do repairs. He came out and took some pictures and we never heard or saw him or RC Willey again. They never mentioned to try and talk to the manufacturer to see if they could do something. So one day someone tells me that RC Willeys' was being sued for some furniture issues. So I thought I would check into to this and see if there might be a resolution to this problem. Nothing turned up there but it did take me to this web page where I have found several articles describing in detail my same experience with this furniture. At first I was relieved, but as I continued to read further what I saw was that nothing was getting resolved by Jackson Furniture. Just the same standard response "No warranty on materials". So I did not see any sense in talking to them about it.

I understand that they can't be responsible for how people use their furniture; everyone is different. Yet when there is a definite pattern developing over quite a period of time and a company does nothing to stop using those defective materials, they are in their actions saying they don't care. Even worse; they know it's defective, but they are going to sell it to you anyway. I believe there are some consumer protection laws against these types of business practices. I would be curious to find out if anyone has become sick by this decomposing material; especially small children or pets. I can't imagine the dust from these materials are all too healthy to breathe, especially the glue used to Bond the materials together.

We have put covers over all 3 pieces of furniture to try and keep the stuff from falling all around the furniture and to keep the dust down that comes up when you sit down. We are planning on getting new furniture for the house. This furniture will most likely go to the dump as we would not feel good about giving it to anyone else. Actually the worst part is Jackson Furniture's declaration on this website about how much they care and are dedicated to building quality furniture.

Morris,

We appreciate that you took the time to contact us, however I must inform you our warranty card is clear regarding floor stock or sample furniture purchases. Under ALL PRODUCTS These limited warranties do not apply to merchandise that was, at any time, used as a floor sample or display model. The warranty information regarding what isn't covered goes on, but this part of the warranty applies to your situation. A copy of the warranty card is being sent to the e-mail address you provided. With this said, because you purchased a display model there would be no coverage for any part(s) for your furniture. Also, had there been warranty, at over 5 years from date of purchase there wouldn't be any coverage for the issues you describe. I hope this information is helpful in explaining the warranty and coverage.

(e-mail sent providing the warranty card)

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 7, 2018

I am disappointed with this Catnapper sofa. Model 61891 with power headrest. The fabric is 1300-28 Steel. We have a cat and the fabric the sofa is made with is so thin that the cat has damaged the sofa in 3 places. It was purchase only 2 months ago! Feb 16, 2018. By summer it will be out at the street for the trash man to pick up. Not a good buy.

Ted,

The warranty doesn't cover pet damage to the furniture. If you wish to have the furniture re-covered you would need to locate an upholster in your local area to assess and order the fabric parts needed to repair. Once they have determined what parts are needed they can contact us at customerservice@jacksonfurnind.com with a list of parts needed at which point we will provide them pricing for the parts being requested. I hope this answers your questions. Thank You and have a nice day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Original review: April 5, 2018

We purchased a couch serial number 3294708 last year and noticed last week the stitching in the front of the couch (not the cushions) was coming apart. There is also a area at the end of the couch doing the same thing. At the cost of $988 it SHOULD be a safe assumption the couch would last more than a year (or more than 5 for that matter). The couch is lightly used and 9 times out of 10, the ottoman we bought with the couch is used so it's not like people are kicking it. I contacted Jackson Furniture this morning via their website so we will see how it goes.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 2, 2018

We purchased our Catnapper sofa on 12/30/2013. At first we were very happy with it, but within a couple of years we started seeing small spots of wear. I was told by the business that sold it to us that it would not be covered with a warranty. So great, we just spent 1,000.00 and basically wasted our money. There are only my husband and I in our home and I rarely sit on it. As time goes on it is wearing horribly and in places where no one hardly sits. We are so upset with the lack of service, quality, and condition of the sofa.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

An e-mail has been sent to the e-mail address provided.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 29, 2018

** AVOID CATNAPPER PRODUCTS ** Within the three year warranty period our catnapper recliner stopped working. Happily we reported this to the seller of the chair thinking being still under warranty there would be a minimal expense to us. It was diagnosed as requiring both a replacement actuator AND a wand control - apparently both have broken at the same time. We have been advised only the actuator is covered, the cost of shipping of the actuator - from the manufacturer in the US to us in Canada - which is not covered - we have been told by the seller of the chair is $150 alone!

On top of this we do have to pay for a service call, a replacement wand all adding up - before 13% tax in Ont Canada, to $400 to have our "warrantied" item fixed. I look at the Catnapper brochure - motto reads "Designed for comfort... Made to Last", I question the made to last part, in less than 3 years it has significant mechanical issues. Search Youtube/Google for all the "how to fix" your catnapper - this tells you something right there when videos show over and over again all the mechanical issues that develop with this product and how to fix them yourself as the cost of repairs, even via warranty, is prohibitive. **AVOID CATNAPPER PRODUCTS **

John,

According to the information you provided on our web portal the chair is over 3 years old. Please understand we cannot account for the pricing you were provided through your dealer. Also understand we do not manufacture the electrical parts, these are provided by a supplier. As with anything electrical the life expectancy varies. We have had people who had motors last 10 years or as little as 2 years, it varies. The warranty for motors is only 3 years, however shipping & handling for any part is only covered 1 year from date of purchase. This information as it relates to shipping & handling as well as service is provided on the warranty card in the 1st paragraph. You will be receiving an e-mail from our representative in regards to pricing for the motor. I hope we have answered your questions.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I had a wonderful experience and received wonderful customer service as well. I was able to view a wide range of various types of furniture and home appliances. I enjoyed my time shopping there and would definitely go back again. I love the price and I liked that the furniture was high quality, unique and fit my personality spectacularly.

Ashley,

We are glad you had such a wonderful experience and hope you have many years of enjoyment from this purchase. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience.

Original review: March 25, 2018

The quality was great of the furniture. Easy to buy and it was affordable, hard to find that these days. I Appreciate the quality of the product. I like their styles too, it matches what I usually buy and prefer their style over most other brands. I would continue to keep buying from them. Sometimes the comfortability of the furniture can suffer for the quality. I wish everything was as comfortable as some of my other furniture. That or it just takes a long time to break in.

Joe,

We have read your comments and appreciate that you took the time to let us know your thoughts as it relates to your furniture purchase. Please keep in mind you have a year for service/labor and if there are any issues within this year please contact the dealer you purchased through and they will be able to assist you with those issues. Again thank you for your comments.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I bought my Catnapper reclining couch and loveseat in 2013. It has recently started peeling badly. I spent a lot of money on this furniture expecting I would have it for a long time, but it’s junk. We barely sit on the furniture, so this isn’t from wear.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

An e-mail has been sent to the e-mail address you provided.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Purchased this Catnapper power lift recliner in mid December 2016. Second week of January 2017 remote control went bad and chair was not usable for almost 2 months until part came in and was finally fixed and usable again. This was while under warranty through retailer where chair was purchased (first year). Now having same issue and it is March 2018. Since it is electrical in nature still covered under warranty but it has been nearly 3 weeks since chair is not usable and finally got a response that someone would be out to look at chair in 2 weeks, that means another 2 months or more that I have a chair I paid over a thousand dollars for and it is useless. I wish they would just take it back and I would go buy a La-Z-Boy! Next time, I will.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 23, 2018

We purchased a Catnapper sofa and Loveseat 2016. The sofa has an area on the sofa seat where the padding does not cover the entire seat. It is very uncomfortable. I have contacted Sofas and More to address this and they have not responded. Both sofas are very uncomfortable and causes back pain. They are unsteady. and have see through spaces between the seats. I wish I had NEVER purchased this Catnapper set. They are the most uncomfortable and poorly made sofas that I have ever encountered.

Eve,

An e-mail have been sent to the e-mail address you provided.

Original review: March 22, 2018

We purchased catnapped lounger sofa and love seat with a pull handle to recline. These handles have broken many times in the six years. These are not considered mechanism pieces even though they are needed to activate the mechanism. We have also had to replace bolts in the pieces. The stuffing has not held position. Customer service has a “so sad too bad” attitude.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Within 6 months of our purchase of a Catnapper sectional, the fabric began to pill. We had issue with the armrest, and it took over a year to correct the issue. Shortly after that the furniture store where we made the purchase went out of business. Since then the fabric has deteriorated even worse. No one would return my calls from the factory and now I am sure it is out of warranty. We had our last sectional for 10 years, and that was with two sons in the house. Now we are Empty Nesters and this sectional did not hold up at all. Very disappointed. I will never purchase from this manufacturer again.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

an e-mail has been sent to the e-mail address you provided.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Purchased 2 reclining couches that were part of a sectional as well as matching reclining chair in September. Within a month we noticed a gap on one side of the couch by the armrest. The armrest was loose. Goldsteins repairman came out and found that the entire armrest had been broken (made of OSB). This item was replaced. Within another 2 months, the matching sofa recliner motor assembly was broken. Repairman came out again to confirm. Repairman ordered a new motor assembly which took 6 weeks to come in. When he opened the box to repair, the motor was cracked. I was told that it would be another 6 weeks and I am still waiting.

I asked the repairman to write a full report as I have no confidence in the furniture or company. I requested to return the furniture for a refund/the opportunity to pick another product. I was told that would be Jackson's decision. Last I talked to Goldsteins 2 weeks ago, they are still waiting on the part. I asked about the return, and they stated that they placed my request and have not heard back. I am disgusted with the manufacture as well as the store I bought it from. I asked for the return in the fall and have played their game. Soon I will be contacting an attorney as this has gone on long enough. By the way our "decoration" pillows have split at the seam as well.

Original review: March 18, 2018

So I went to Boscovs (salespeople were helpful but not overpowering) with my wife and we looked around for 2 hours and the most comfortable piece of furniture we sat on was the Catnapper Siesta reclining sofa. When I came home I wanted to check out the reviews because we will be spending about $3000 on the sectional and a recliner. But the reviews are not that convincing about the value of the product... So now I guess we will continue to look.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I like the overall construction and sturdiness of the recliner. But I have had it half a year and it is still rock hard in spots. I see the back has a few spots with zippers. One of those I could reach into and take out some foam. Other have a zipper but no way to access the foam. I guess I could take a razor blade and cut it open but I'm hesitant to do that. If I could adjust the firmness in the seat especially and parts of the back I would be a happy customer.

Phil,

If you are having issues with your recliner please contact the dealer with those issues as they carry the warranty for the 1st year and should be able to assist you in resolving any issues.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I purchased a JACKSON couch model 4186-03 from a local chain furniture store that has started falling apart in less than three months. This couch has had a squeak when you sit in it from day one. It came with pillows that have ripped out at the seams, they told me they are decorations, but if they are not there, you are almost laying down when you sit in it. Also springs in the comfort coil cushions are breaking and creating large lumps. Finally, the entire center support has fallen out of the back and the back has sunk in all the way to the wall.

The chain store said they will replace one cushion and try to staple the center brace back into the back. They said they probably can't fix a squeak and the pillows are not covered under warranty. I contacted Jackson Catnapper customer service and that had to be the most rude lady I have ever spoken to, and her job is to deal with customers. I will never buy Jackson Furniture again, and will never recommend it to anyone.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

an e-mail response has been sent to the e-mail address provided.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Purchased "Catnapper" by Jackson Furniture Industries, power reclining sofa and recliner 08/15 from Furniture Now. We enjoyed the comfort of the recliner seats but the sofa and love seat has been peeling like crazy and they have the worst material possible. We begun covering the couches to prevent further damage but that doesn't help - the bonded leather is separating fast in all over and making a mess all over living room. We bought this product because it was made in America but regret our decision. Last sofas we had for 8 years and they looked like new when we decided to replace, those ones have a serious quality issue in a short time frame. Based on other reviews we have yet to see a satisfactory solution to this problem. It appears the retail furniture stores are not dealing with this issue. I would like to hear from manufacturer with a solution to the problem!? Thanks.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

Please provide the serial number to help us identify the style and fabric codes.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I purchased a Catnapper sofa/recliner four years ago. Extremely comfortable! My favorite place to fall asleep while watching a game on TV. Unfortunately, after about three years the fabric began to peel. I hate to give up my favorite nap place but my wife isn't going to let me keep it in the living room. I would get it recovered but I've read several reviews that lead me to believe that it may not be a piece of furniture that will last for an extended period of time. So instead I'll try to find a slipcover.

Original review: March 12, 2018

In my humble opinion avoid any recliners or other products from Catnapper also known as Jackson Catnapper. I bought 2 and one needed minor service. My suggestion is that you read the entire warranty very carefully. Jackson Catnapper told me on the phone the retailer where I bought the recliners is responsible for year one of the warranty. The Exchange said they are a distribution center and not involved in warranties. But Exchange did say they would let me return the chairs for replacements if within 30 days. So in effect the warranty is good for 30 days thanks to Military Exchange with neither the Exchange or Jackson Catnapper covering the remaining 11 months of year one. But read Catnapper's warranty. It's a long one that covers parts but not labor using the repairman of your choice. And it's parts only. You cover the labor.

Getting warranty service beyond 30 days apparently isn't going to happen for me. Parts are not covered by a lifetime warranty... the frame is. The frame won't break I would say. I got involved email chatting with Jason of Catnappers (phone clerk). He says year 1 is not their problem. Exchange says the same... it's not their responsibility. Exchange says they will pick up the recliners and give me a refund. Bless the Exchange's hearts but waiting for the delivery people is like waiting for the cable guy. I probably don't want to stay home all day waiting for the same freight company to pick them up then wait at home waiting for them to come back weeks later with the non Catnapper replacements.

Read the warranty if you have your heart set on Catnapper. It's a weak warranty that Catnapper will not stand behind. I donated my 2 old worn out recliners. I guess I can move my sofa in front of the TV while my recliners go back and new something else gets shipped. Read the warranty. I would have passed if I knew I was going through all this. I asked for advice from Catnapper on how I can correct the issue myself but they don't disclose that kind of info to the public. No, I do not recommend this product or company.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I purchased a Catnapper Transformer ultimate leather #4944 in Toast color and a rocking, reclining love seat #4942 from Furniture Now in Melbourne, Florida on 1/9/14. Please note dates have a lot to do with this. Just as the warranty ran out I went to the store and showed them a picture that the top of the love seat was peeling off. I was told I had to pay an outside company $200.00 to have the piece repaired. They brought the wrong side, charged me $200.00 then was told I had to get another piece for the other side, 200.00 more!

I was away for a few months, come back and the same problem on the seat! I believe this was defective leather from the beginning. How could Catnapper not have any kind of guarantee at all on quality of leather? I live alone. There is no excuse for such poor quality of leather. This will cost me total to repair the cheap leather almost the cost that I paid for it (989.10). I don’t know what to do but Catnapper should be ashamed! I have pictures to prove poor quality of these couches and felt Furniture Now should have tried to replace it. I want something done.

Rose,

An e-mail has been sent to the e-mail address you provided.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Valentino couch and Catnapper Recliner - Purchased both 10/2014. Contacted manufacturer while under warranty when Bonded Leather began to peel. I was advised warranty would cover repair if I “accidentally slit it while opening an Amazon Box”, but not manufacture defect. Less than four years old and I have to replace. Peeling causes a mess and a dust that covers hardwood flooring. Not to mention the frustration and disappointment when picking up the pieces of bonded leather every time someone gets up. The quality of both pieces should not be legal.

Jennifer,

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your Catnapper/Jackson experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. However fabric issues are only covered a maximum of 2 years from date of purchase. Right at 4 years old there isn't any coverage left to cover this issue. An e-mail has been sent to the e-mail address you provided with further direction.

Original review: March 6, 2018

The motor assembly system failed because a gear part broke. I tried to get a replacement part from Jackson Furniture who said no longer stocked parts for my chair.

Original review: March 5, 2018

This is without a doubt the worst customer experience I have ever dealt with. First of all the furniture is junk. The leather on the sofa and loveseat is literally peeling and flaking off. Originally the peeling was on the seat cushions so I called them to purchase new cushions. I had to send them a check in advance, which they cashed, and then send me the cushions. Unfortunately they did not send me the correct cushions and I have called there in excess of 200 times and have not received a callback. Since this happened seven months ago the rest of the sofa and loveseat are beginning to peel and flake as well.

At this point I would just like to get my money back that I spent for the cushions and I will throw this furniture out to the curb. Do not buy anything from this company. The fact that they can not even give me the courtesy of a callback speaks volumes about how they feel about their customers. If I can keep one person from buying something from them I will feel like I accomplished something positive. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them.

George,

I have spoke with the head of parts. I have sent these parts 3 times and I do understand your frustration in receiving yet again the incorrect parts. I am entering this order again, the head of parts is personally going to walk this order through to ensure the correct parts are shipped to you. The order is being entered today 3/6/18.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Bought five catnappers. For our TV room 2011, heated seat, with vibration. They seemed fine for the first three years, but then the mechanisms started wearing out. Now I'm stuck with broken chairs.

Stephen,

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your Catnapper/Jackson experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you via e-mail to provide you with next step information.

Original review: March 4, 2018

The construction would be better if quality assurance would follow up on the finished products before shipment to any consumers buying that particular product. The workmanship was very poor. The fillers they used for the back cushion were not enough for the desired comfort I prefer. The wood used was of poor quality. Overall I would consider a better product next time I'm looking.

Original review: March 3, 2018

This armchair is one of the best and economic apart from the comfort it provides, I recommend it. Totally is the best, excellent, it is super comfortable.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I bought two catnappers at Badcock Furniture. Within 3 months they started falling apart so I called Badcock to replace them and they refuse. I was still paying.

Terry,

The dealer carries all warranties for the 1st year. However most dealers have their store return/exchange policy which determines whether or not furniture can be exchanged or replaced. Most stores are between 2 weeks to 30 days. If furniture can be repaired the dealer has the right to repair. This information is on the store's Bill of Sale. Please contact your dealer for this information and clarification of their policy.

Jackson Furniture Industries expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Jackson Furniture Industries was founded in 1933 and continues to manufacture furniture in the United States. With six factories and more than 1,500 employees, Jackson Furniture Industries is committed to quality furniture at reasonable prices.

• Product selection: Jackson Furniture offers many products including sofas, sectionals, chairs, rugs and more.

• Catnapper: Jackson Furniture Industries sells products under two names, Jackson and Catnapper. Catnapper products include recliners and reclining sofas.

• Dealer locations: Jackson Furniture is sold through independent distributors and furniture stores across the United States. There are currently about 2,500 distributors that offer Jackson’s products; check out the company’s website to find a distributor near you.

• Customization: Most of the furniture pieces available can be custom ordered with particular colors or fabrics to fit your design motif.

• Lifetime warranty: Most of Jackson Furniture’s products come with a limited lifetime warranty on the spring and frame. Other parts of the furniture such as the coils or sleeper mechanism come with limited one- or five-year warranties.

• Best for: people wanting quality furniture made in the United States.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs