1.37/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Jackson Furniture Industries

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1933, Jackson Furniture has been a family-owned furniture production company with products made in the USA. Featuring Catnapper Recliners, we create furniture to live where you live. Available from dealers across the US, Jackson Furniture has made millions of customers happy over the last 75 years. We pride ourselves on our extensive testing and detail-focused production, which makes Jackson Furniture unique in the industry.

Our products include sofas, reclining sofas, sectionals, sleepers, tables, chairs, and more!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 19, 2017

250 Jackson Furniture Industries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I purchased my Catnapper Recliner 2/19/2014. The receipt says it is a Catnapper Dempsey Recliner Style 647367 Serial 7833613. The first one I bought the reclining mechanism fell apart. The company I bought it from exchanged it right away. The second one, for the last year or two I have noticed that when it is reclined there is a space between the back and the seat which seems to be getting wider every few months. I am somewhat of a do it yourself person so I tried to find if something was just loose. I did not find anything, I would think that big of a gap would be under the Limited Lifetime Warranty or that the company could at least tell me how to fix it (see pics).

The company I purchased it from is no longer in Business otherwise I am sure they would send their man out to fix it. I cannot find any way to contact the manufacturer. I am hoping that I can at least get some information on what I can do. My sister is disabled and I am on SSI so we can't really afford to go out and buy another chair. This is my sister's chair and I specifically purchased this chair because of the Lay Flat Feature. I hope you can get me some help. She loves the chair overall.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I purchased a Catnapper triple reclining sofa, it is peeling and tearing and is less than 5 years old. Warranty won't cover this. So I am stuck with an expensive piece of crap furniture, embarrassed to have friends and family in my home. Customer service sucks for this company. I feel like I should have my couch replaced at this point.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

In March of 2014, I purchased a Sofa, Love Seat and Chair made by Jackson Furniture Industries, the brand name "Catnapper" which I thought to be a very good name brand. We have used the furniture as normal with no animals or children or any extreme wear. The loveseat and sofa both have started to peel. This is extremely frustrating. This furniture cost too much money for this to happen!!! There needs to be something in place so that companies cannot take advantage of consumers in this way. I would love to have someone come and look at this to see it for themselves!!!

Debbie,

You are no longer in the warranty that would cover service/labor. This service is 1 year from date of purchase. While we are willing to assist on fabric issues less than 2 years from date of purchase, you state your furniture is over 3 1/2 years old. At this time we cannot assist with the service/labor or parts. If you wish to find a technician/ upholster they can contact us with the fabric parts needed along with the fabric codes and provided the fabric is still in production we will provide them with the cost, including shipping & handling. I will send you an e-mail providing you with a couple of technicians in your area or you can use someone of your own liking.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I bought 2 Jackson Furniture Anniston Sofas 2 years ago because I wanted to support an American company which provides jobs to Americans. Being from East Tennessee, I was thrilled that I could support a company in Tennessee and get what I thought would be a great quality product. After 2 years, the frame on one of my sofas suddenly came apart while I was sitting on it. I removed the cushions to inspect it, and it was obvious that the design was flawed and the manufacturing process was substandard: As you can see in the photos, the horizontal wooden support slats for the cushions have separated from the horizontal wooden support structure of the back of the frame on both sides. These have been fastened with staples rather than more durable fasteners, so this is not only a defect, but it design flaw.

In the time I have had this sofa, I have barely sat on this couch, and I only weigh 170 pounds. No one else even sits on it and there are no kids or pets in the house. When I contacted the store where I bought the sofas (FMO), the spoke with Jackson Furniture's repair agents (a woman named Barbara) and I was informed that the LIFETIME warranty doesn't cover labor to repair the sofa after the first year of ownership. This is fraudulent, as the piece was made in such a way that it never could have lasted. These sofas should all be recalled before someone gets a back injury. So Jackson can make up whatever labor charge they want to increase their profit on a piece that was designed to fail. Nevermind all the people who can be injured by their products.

Anil,

I have sent a response to the e-mail address you supplied.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I purchased a loveseat, sofa and chair "Jackson" models just shy of 2 years ago. Within a week I had to have the chair restuffed, and now on that chair the seat springs are gone, the leather is peeling off the loveseat cushions and on the sofa, the armrest collapsed and there is a huge wooden stick protruding from the back of the sofa when you sit down on it. I have no young kids and quite frankly this company should be ashamed of the cheap quality they produce. I know I will receive the same generic response I have just seen in these reviews which is even more shameful.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your Catnapper/Jackson experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My wife is disabled so I bought 2 recliners with heat and massage. We have owned these identical 2 chairs for a about 3 years now. When first bought, both were broken straight out of the boxes, the undercarriage had to be replaced on one. You sit in it and it would go completely over backwards, back of your head would hit the floor. The heat only worked 1 day in the second one and by the time the repair guy came the massage had also quit. All parts ordered. Repair guy did a good job. I was happy except the massage feature in the one chair was not usable because it was so loud. The 2nd chair, after all its guts was replaced worked well and was quiet. After 2 months the plastic handle broke on the one that had guts replaced. After 3 months heater quit again in the other, and still could not use massage… Dealer got parts. Ever since then, it’s just a constant something breaking. Now the plastic handle has broken on the 2nd chair.

My dealer said no warranty, contact Jackson/Catnapper. I go to the website to learn, they are so ashamed of their product. They do not even have any contact information, no email address, just snail mail, no phone number to call customer service to see if I can buy parts direct to keep these 2 chairs serviceable. Now in all honesty, the chair covers have held up great. It’s just all the working parts that need regular repair and the company gives the consumer no way to get parts to service them. As of right now, I need a new handle, a new heater insert and 2 new massage capsules to see if I can quiet this chair down enough to use it. Why would a company that brags on how many plants it owns and how many people it employees be afraid to give the consumer of their product a way to order parts for their product??

Jackson Furniture Industries response

An e-mail has been sent with information required.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We purchased a Catnapper Nolan double reclining sofa and chair and a half recliner in November 2012 and the recliner handles have all broken and have been replaced more than once, the cushions are all worn out and sink when you sit down, and the leather started peeling around a year ago. The leather started peeling slowly then rapidly increased and makes a mess every day.

Stephanie,

The service warranty as well as fabric is no longer covered under warranty. The information provided by you shows the furniture to be short of 5 years by a few weeks. To repair your furniture you would need to find a technician in your local area, once they have assessed the furniture they can contact, us at which point we would provide them with pricing for parts needed. I will provide you with an e-mail on how to go about finding a technician.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We purchased the Brantley sofa, love seat and recliner less than 5 years ago. All of the pieces are peeling and look terrible. This set cost quite a bit of money and now needs to be replaced. What a disappointing waste of money. We tried covering the furniture with furniture covers but the furniture continues to peel underneath and makes a mess everywhere. I would love to hear from this company and how they can help us with this issue.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I purchased the Malibu sectional in February 2016 after 1 year and 9 months the sectional is completely broken down. The cushions sink down at least 6 inches and you have to sit on 2 pillows to be a little bit comfortable. The cushions will not stay in place either. I am constantly putting them back in place. When sitting on the Chaise lounge it sinks so low you are sitting at an angle with your feet higher than your body which would be fine if it was meant to be a recliner.

The bolts between where the pieces connect have come out and bent and the pieces that go on the floor to keep from scratching it have busted and scratched the floor. I contacted the store we bought it from. They sent out a technician to look at it and he took pictures and checked everything out and recommended replacing it. The store contacted Jackson and they said the would send replacement cushion if we would pay $20 shipping per cushion. I declined because why would I want to put more money $140 into a piece of broken down furniture. I would not recommend anyone purchase this.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I bought the Brantley sofa and loveseat less than 2 years ago. I loved the set when I got it and I recommended Family and friends to get it as well. The quality of the cushions are great and it’s big enough for a family. However, after the 15th month of owning it started to peel rapidly. My parents called me and told me that their sofas have started doing the same thing so it made me wonder was that by design from manufacture so that it keeps the consumer buying more from the supplier? This by far is the worst experience I’ve ever had buying furniture, I am a US Army Soldier and I move a lot to different locations and I’ve never had to replace living room furniture this fast. I’m highly disappointed. I have to go out and spend more money to replace furniture that’s supposed to last you up to 10 years.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I purchased a Catnapper swivel recliner 2 years ago. Since that time we have had numerous repairmen come to problem solve why it continually squeaked. After months of having to pay $85.00 every time they came to check it, they told us to buy a new swivel and base. The cot would be $105.00 plus another $85.00 to come out to put it on. The repair company said they contacted Catnapper and were told that the part was not under warranty. I have since tried to call and contact Catnapper 4 times. Each time I left a detailed message and my number. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY PHONE CALLS BACK. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Mary,

The information provided regarding pricing is correct. The service warranty is only covered 1 year from date of purchase. Thanks you for the opportunity to serve you and provide pricing.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Horrible! Sofa began small peeling after two years. Their warranty states it is not covered because of normal wear and tear. This peeling is not normal wear and tear. I cannot find an email address or phone number. I sent a letter with pictures. Have not heard anything.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

My husband and I purchased 2 sofas from Catnapper 4 years ago. I wish I had read the reviews prior to my purchase. Within 2 yrs the electric recliner broke. By year 3 the frames are wobbly and the manual recliner on the other recliner also broke. We are a 2 adult household with no children. And by year 3 the leather covering is peeling off "everywhere!" Even on seats that are never used. If you sit on the couches, when you get up you are covered in small pieces of leather/pleather (alien material, I honestly have no idea what it could be at this point). I have never seen anything like this in my life!

In a household with children I don't think the covering would make it 6 months! Of course this is not covered by the Guardsman extended warranty as it is considered a manufacturer's defect and of course the manufacturer warranty was over. I now own 2 barely used sofas that look like they are fifty years old and have been sitting out in the weather for the last 10 years. Worst piece of furniture I have ever purchased! I honestly wish I were not having to write this review. I only hope it saves someone else from wasting their hard earned money.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I purchased a sofa with faux leather less than 5 years ago. I was told the peeling was taken care of. My sofa now is starting to peel by the head and foot on one side. I feel this should be covered by Jackson furniture. The quality should be better than that. I only use this sofa 2 times a week for 3 hours each.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I bought my sectional over a year ago because I fell in love with the couch on the showroom. It was the most comfortable couch I've ever sat on. We waited 8 weeks for it to be built, sitting on the floor the entire time, because we got rid of our couch at our previous base. It is absolutely horrible. I returned to the store after about 6 months to complain about the couch and was promised that after a year, the couch would "break in" and become comfortable. It's been a year and a half and I'm still waiting for it to become comfortable. I'm so unhappy with this couch. It was $2200 and I feel that a $700 couch from Walmart would be more comfortable than this. It was so poorly built. When you sit on the couch for awhile, you can feel the wood frame because the cushions become so flat. It's amazing how the couch on the showroom floor is like heaven and my couch falls so short. I am constantly having to rearrange the cushions to balance it out.

My husband and I work full time jobs, so it's not like we're at home, sitting on the couch all day to where it's wearing out. If I see something on the showroom that I like, I feel like I should experience the same quality when I purchase it and get it home. I would rather take the couch off the showroom and have that one, even with the hundreds of butts that have sat on it! I promise, if you put my couch on the showroom floor, you wouldn't sell as many as you're selling now! It's that horrible.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We purchased the bonded leather love seat and sofa May 2015 from a major retail store. A few months ago we noticed the loveseat cushion or peeling and has continuously gotten worse. Then we noticed the back headrest is also peeling. I've noticed other consumers have complained about the same issues. Now we will have to purchase a cover to put on the loveseat to hide the peeling. What has Jackson Brantley done to compensate for the poor quality of its product?

Jackson Furniture Industries response

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Bought my power lift Catnapper recliner 12-18-12. I called Jackson Catnapper today 9-18-17 to ask about the warranty on the comfort coil seat cushion as the springs are broken under the material. They said I have to find my own technician to inspect the problem and the tech will send in my original receipt with pictures. Then they will send the part but I have to pay shipping and pay for installation. The part is warranted for 5 years.

So it will cost me 85.00 for a tech to look at it and 250.00 plus to have it installed plus pay the shipping. WOW!!! And the lady I spoke to got rude at Jackson when I said that the warranty should cover their inferior parts. She said we don't know how much you sit on the product. Again WOW!! That should not matter. Stand behind the product and you find a tech and you fix it. I have the original receipt which she talked about almost our entire conversation. I bought this same chair for my daughter's house so I'd have a chair there too. Won't ever buy another with warranties like these.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I purchased a Catnapper reclining sofa and loveseat on September 9th, 2017 from Conn's Furniture. My delivery was scheduled for Sept 10. They called Sept 10 and stated that the sofa was damaged and they would have to reschedule delivery. I rescheduled for Saturday, Sept 16th. They arrived and sofa had 2 small holes in it and thread was pulling away from the armrest. The delivery guys stated that they saw the damage at the warehouse but the manager told them to go ahead a take... stating that the customer probably would not see it.

The delivery guy called the manager and had him on speakerphone. He told the manager that the sofa was damaged and he said, "Well did she see it". Wow, he let me speak with the manager who offered me a 20% discount to keep the damaged furniture. I told him that was not good enough and delivery guys took the sofa out of my house. They rescheduled delivery for the next day Sunday, Sept 17. I received a call from them stating that once again the sofa had been damaged in transport and they would once again have to reschedule delivery. I cannot believe this experience. They have waived my delivery fee but I am still extremely disappointed in this purchasing experience.

Wanda,

You will have to deal with Conns Furniture on this issue. This is a dealer consumer issue. Please note Conn's stores their furniture in their warehouse. Jackson Furniture doesn't inventory for any dealer. Please contact Conn's for further resolution as it would be up to them and their store policy as to how this is handled.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

In February 2015 I purchased a couch made by Jackson Furniture from Fecera's Furniture Store. About a 6 months after the purchase the arm collapsed. The store sent out a furniture technician that tried to tell me that someone leaned on it and it collapsed. When I told him it was just my husband and I at home and no one leaned on the arm or sat on it, the store sent someone to fix it. When they fixed it they noticed that the whole back of the couch was coming apart and at this point the store agreed to order a replacement couch. The new couch came and all seemed OK until the one cushion started to look like it did not have enough fluff. They sent someone out who put more poly filling in it and it was OK for a few months. Yesterday, I sat in the middle of the couch and noticed that I was sinking in very deep.

I picked up the cushion to move it and noticed that the all the springs in the middle of the couch were broken and a piece of plywood was broken off. When I called the store they said that the one year warranty is up and there is nothing they can do for me except give me the name of a repair company. I am totally disgusted. We bought this couch because of Jackson Furniture's comfort coil seating that never flattens out. This is far from the case. One seat cushion is flat, one back pillow is flat and the middle of the couch has collapsed. This is a disgrace and I have not been able to contact anyone at Jackson Furniture. They have terrible customer service and terrible product manufacturing. The technician told me it was hit or miss how well the cushions are filled and the couch is assembled!

Jackson Furniture Industries response

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I purchased a Catnapper lay flat recliner from Big Sandy Superstore in Charleston WV and it was delivered today and within an hour I'm having issues with it. The footrest is difficult at best and the back won't stay up when the footrest is out of like to have a choice of sitting up or laying down but unfortunately it only wants to lay flat!! I will not recommend this chair to anyone!!!

Scott,

Your furniture has a 1 year service warranty. Please contact the dealer you purchased through as they carry the warranty the 1st year and should be able to offer you resolution.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Was going to buy a Ashley furniture and was told that Catnapper would be much better and would help led up better. After one year the leather started to blister and fall off, and Christmas away from the lining. It looks really really bad and needs replaced.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Bought sofa and recliner, was told that it was sturdy and wouldn't peel or wear. Months after buying it the arm started peeling. Motor is loud. Emailed company twice with no response. Worst experience! I sent pictures of all of the peeling, pictures where the leather is coming apart at the corners. I have yet to receive any sort of response. No "Sorry you wasted a bunch butt of money on crap furniture" or anything?? Do not buy their bonded leather! It's a joke. Spend the extra money and buy leather, I'd suggest from a different company as well since they don't seem to want to acknowledge that they have seen how horrible their products are. The peeling is much worse now. This was not long after we purchased it, it's been lightly used and I usually have blankets covering it to protect it. Now the blankets are on it to hide how ugly and cheap it looks.

Updated on 09/27/2017: Second time to review this company. My first review was about the pathetic quality of their bonded leather. Peeling, loud clanking motor, corners coming apart. The company said they would email me, which they did. They asked for pictures which I sent. I waited, and waited. Decided to resend. Still no response. This company has the worst customer service. I actually want a real response from them. It would be nice if you actually respond to consumer issues.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I loved this Brantley set (sofa, love seat & chair) when I first got it. But within the first year, the frame broke and then the peeling start. The wire inside started poking through the material. This is the worst furniture ever. I paid over $2000 for this crap. It even peels in places where no one sits. It's embarrassing to invite people over because of this terrible product.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, LaKendra. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

We bought this power sofa -- it is just my wife and I, near retirement. We sit on it in the evening while watching TV. Within the first few months, we noticed a sagging on one end of the couch. The furniture store sent a repairman who said the springs had become unattached. Then recently we noticed the seat back on the same side has seemed loose. On further inspection, there is a broken wood section of the frame in the seat back -- it appears to be pine. We love the appearance and comfort of the catnapper, but with little use it has not held up. We purchased it April of 2014. We purchased the piece from Bob Mills Furniture, a reputable store we've had good experience with in the past.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Fletcher. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I purchased a loveseat recliner and sofa and had to have cushions replaced three times. The dye on the leather wore off within a year. Of course I purchased the extended warranty and that was not covered. I am never going to buy anything from them again!

Patricia,

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I received my Catnapper Power Recliner Model#647494-1903-09 on July 7th 2017. I enjoyed the first week, but I could not get comfortable after that. The chair delivered to me seems quite hard. I have had past back surgery, & I cannot sit in it for long periods of time, meaning 20 mins max! I wanted a firm chair, but this is just uncomfortable. I now have a Memory Foam pillow on it just so that my butt does not hurt me. There seems to be a hump where my legs split. It's just strange... Anyway, was so excited to finally receive this chair, and now just disappointed.

Bonnie,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Recliner. The dealer you purchased the chair through carries your warranty for 12 months from date of purchase. Please contact them with your concerns they should be able to set a service up to have a technician come and assess your chair for any issues there may be. I hope this information is helpful

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

We bought this recliner about 3 years ago and about a year ago we started to feel the coils when we sat on it and it's just all around "shaky" when you recline it. In April, the handle broke and while I was looking for a replacement I found that there was actually a 5 year manufacturer warranty on the coils and reclining mechanism. I went through where I purchased the chair, Becker Furniture, and have been unable to get the recliner fixed. They keep telling me they've contacted Jackson Furniture and then people quit and they have to start all over. I'm so tired of going through the middle man and really want my recliner fixed!

Jessica,

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Catnapper sofa and loveseat - I am very unhappy with the quality of the bonded leather on this furniture. We've had the furniture for approximately 2 years and the bonded leather is peeling. We purchased insurance when we bought the furniture, but when we filed a claim for repair, the insurance company refused to repair it. We also had a release lever break on one of the recliners, but insurance replaced it.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I am so disappointed in Catnapper Furniture and Schewel's Furniture. We bought a three-piece set. First the handle broke off the chair, and I found that Catnapper cannot be contacted directly - you MUST go through the store where you bought it (Schewel's Furniture on Timberlake in Lynchburg, VA). I did so and after much discussion, they agreed to send a new handle. Soon after that the handle on the second chair broke. Now we get nothing. I have called several times, emailed several more, had my husband call to speak to the manager and was told by the woman who answered that "she would handle it herself". Nothing from them, and I can't contact Catnapper directly. The cushions on both chairs have broken down on one side. This set is about four years old and it's junk already. Our last set, purchased in New Zealand and shipped back with our furniture, held up well for ten years and went on for another family to use.

Updated on 10/06/2017: The broken handle on my Catnapper chair was finally resolved, but not thanks to Jackson Furniture. We had a conversation in which the representative said he "would do what it took to resolve the problem." That was followed up, though, by a customer service email that said I hadn't sent all the information (despite my having already sent a photo and the numbers off the chair), and then said they'd let me know how much it would cost me when they had the information. I went back to Schewel's manager, again, and got a much better response. I am sorry I had to go through nearly a year of trying to get this handle, and I certainly wouldn't buy Catnapper or any furniture produced by Jackson Furniture, but I can say that in the end, Schewel's resolved the problem.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Three years ago we bought a reclining sofa and rocker recliner style 517106. The trim wore and peeled but we knew that was not covered. During the first 3 months the handle on recliner broke in two 3 times but a representative came and replaced it. The sofa has motorized recliner. A year ago the stablizer cross bar broke on the rocker recliner. We contacted Conn's where we purchased it and they said to contact Catnapper which we did. It took many calls to get a return call. We were told to send a picture which we did twice with no response.

Jackson Furniture Industries Company Information