2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

aka Catnapper Furniture

3.7/5 (192 ratings)

About Jackson Furniture Industries

Since 1933, Jackson Furniture has been a family-owned furniture production company with products made in the USA. Featuring Catnapper Recliners, we create furniture to live where you live. Available from dealers across the US, Jackson Furniture has made millions of customers happy over the last 75 years. We pride ourselves on our extensive testing and detail-focused production, which makes Jackson Furniture unique in the industry.

Jackson Furniture Industries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Original review: July 12, 2021

I purchased the sectional and within a year the vinyl was peeling off of the front cushions and seat area. The ottoman is horrible. It's probably the worst of the parts. This is very cheaply made and I wish I would have read some reviews prior to buy this. Mine looks like many others who have posted photos. What a disappointment.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I purchased a Jackson brown leather sectional around 2018, and I regret it. The $3000 sectional was big and very comfortable, and I thought it would last for years, but I was wrong. It’s now 2021 and the leather is peeling and cracking. I can also hear the wood making a creaking sound when anyone sit down on it. The gel cushions are now looking sunken and not returning to its original form, like it use to. The ottoman that came with it is now looking sunken in places, where people have sat.

I do not recommend this furniture to anyone who it looking for something long term. My cheap $700 sofa in my second living room is still holding up nice then this high price sectional, and I had the cheap sofa for 10 years! I can actually say the Jackson furniture started going down hill a year from purchasing it. This was not from neglect or anyone weighing a lot. It’s just not good furniture. It may look nice but it will not last long, and that upsets me for the price I paid for it. I’m ready to throw it away, not even worth selling.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2021

We bought a recliner from a store in Warrensburg Missouri on October 18, 2020. By the end of December, it started making noises and the right side would lift about an inch then drop with an audible thump, We found out the mechanism was rubbing and gouging our hardwood floor. We contacted the seller about it with no help from them and tried to contact the factory to get it repaired under the factory warranty. At first they seemed very helpful and actually sent someone out to look at it but soon they started ignoring our emails. We paid just under $1000 for this recliner which lasted just over 2 months. Here it is May 9 and we still have a broken recliner.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I haven't even received my sofa yet, but reading all of the reviews about poor quality and service has made me very nervous. I've been told it should be delivered within 4-6 weeks. I'll return to let you know how it turns out. I just want a well made quality sofa that is worth what I paid for it. I'll let you know.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

We bought a Catnapper double recliner about 2 1/2 years ago. We really liked the color and looks. After 2 years the covering started coming apart. A half of a year later, there are about a dozen areas coming apart. Jackson Furniture said I need to look in the phone book to find someone to fix it. If I can post pictures, I will.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

We purchase a leather Catnapper reclining sofa 4 years ago. We are light users of this sofa. I have several areas that have the leather wearing off. It is so disappointing to think of all the time and energy I took to shop for this along with the price and it is a piece of junk. Buyer beware. My last leather sofa La Z Boy which is in my basement looks better than this one.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Their product is trash. I purchased a recliner and had nothing but problems with it. They finally agreed to replace it. I've had the replacement for about two months and it's even worse than the first one I had. Do not buy this garbage furniture!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I bought two recliners in Dec 2016. By Oct 2020 the swivel bases are broken, and my hardwood floor destroyed by scratches from the broken parts, which is doubly frustrating. The product came with a "Lifetime Warranty", but when I contacted them to ask for replacements, they asked me to pay for them. The warranty states customer pays for shipping, but the parts(other than the leather) should be covered. When I asked for an explanation about the contradiction with their own warranty, they stopped responding. I contacted the retailer too to inform them of their supplier's behavior.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I purchased a loveseat and sofa. Both were purchased for their ability to handle heavy weight. The steel construction was well made. The padding was good, though the lower back support faded quickly and the cushions themselves are free floating so they can twist easily. The power recline works and is heavy duty. Now we come to the single point of failure. They use the same feet discs for these heavy couches as they do for the light one. Plastic that twists and cracks off. Leaving a metal bolt head scraping a hole in your floor. Or ripping your carpet. Etc, etc, etc. You cannot find replacement parts even through their dealers. Even if you could replace them the discs are substandard. They should be machined out of metal, IE same item but of metal, with a felt lining. Even a simple thick disk with half the center milled out so the bolt head could recess.

Having moved I found most of the disc legs showed fatigue, half were cracked and 6 were broken off completely. I now sit with the loveseat wrapped in my new living room as I cannot put it back together until I figure out a way to get new feet discs. And the couch is using the best I had left but I have little faith that they will last. There is no way to contact the company that gets you a response. I will NOT buy this product again nor would I recommend them to anyone. No matter how well constructed they are if they have nothing to stand on they are worse than useless.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Purchased a Catnapper Recliner from Boscov's, around two and a half years later the top layer started peeling off from the backing, what a mess. They talk about quality construction and made in the USA, I am not happy, never buy another product made by Jackson Furniture again.

Jackson Furniture Industries author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Find quality sofas, recliners, sectionals, lift chairs, sleepers, accent chairs, cocktail ottomans exclusively at authorized retailers. Most items can be ordered in customized colors and fabrics.

• Features: 100% gel-infused memory foam inserts and 15-gauge heating tempered coils.

• USA-made: Created and assembled in the United States since 1933.

• Warranties: Limited lifetime warranty covers frame, springs and recliner mechanisms. 5-year warranty covers comfort seat cushions. 1-year warranty covers sleeper mechanisms and all other parts.

Jackson Furniture Industries Company Information