3.03/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

aka Catnapper Furniture

Since 1933, Jackson Furniture has been a family-owned furniture production company with products made in the USA. Featuring Catnapper Recliners, we create furniture to live where you live. Available from dealers across the US, Jackson Furniture has made millions of customers happy over the last 75 years. We pride ourselves on our extensive testing and detail-focused production, which makes Jackson Furniture unique in the industry.

Our products include sofas, reclining sofas, sectionals, sleepers, tables, chairs, and more!

View More View More

423 Jackson Furniture Industries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 4, 2019

A month ago I bought a Catnapper Camden couch, loveseat, and recliner in the steel color. While the couch is beautiful and comfortable, it stinks!! The furniture has a strong chemical like odor that causes us headaches as well as burning eyes, nose and throat. I fell asleep on it one night and the next day I felt like someone had a blow torch down my throat. I'm not sure if the smell is coming from the fake leather, (I was led to believe by the store it was real leather btw), or if it is formaldehyde gasses from the cheap plywood in the frame!

I have contacted the company I bought it from. They say, "Oh we can try to get you a replacement." But I do not want a replacement. It will smell the same! I have tried to contact Jackson who has not responded to my inquiries at all of course. I have children in my home that are being exposed to this chemical whatever it is! Looks like I will be putting almost $2000 in the trash!! I will NEVER buy another Jackson furniture again! They obviously do not care for their customers!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I paid for my furniture on July 30 2018. They delivered it about a week and a half later with a hole and a tear and a corner that is damaged where it will eventually tear. They sent a repair man out over a month later and he said he could put wax over the damage. Wax. Are you kidding me. I declined that and just want a new couch or my money back. The store said it would be taken care of. This is after countless phone calls that were not returned. January 5 2019 they sent someone out with covers but no velcro on the back. They said they would have to staple the back on. If they did that there is no access to the back to put more fill in or to take apart the backs from the bottoms so a person could move the couch. It is very very heavy. So I still have this damaged couch. They are the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2019

We bought a sofa from Jackson/Catnapper in 2015. With 4 kids it was important for us that it was well made and had a lifetime frame warranty (so I read their warranty online before we bought it--attached). Jackson/Catnapper emphasis on their website how well made and durable their furniture is. This sofa replaced a sofa that we had purchased 15 years earlier and had never had a problem with the frame. We also have a sofa in the family room that is older than the kids—no frame problems ever. The frame on the Jackson/Catnapper sofa broke after about 4 years of normal use. When I contacted the company to get warranty support they said that their frame warrant is limited by the 1-year labor warranty.

Therefore (1) I needed to pay for a furniture repair person to come over and access the sofa, (2) send the repair person’s report to Jackson/Catnapper, (3) Jackson/Catnapper would send me any needed parts (I would have to pay for shipping), (4) the furniture repair person would need to come back a second time and take apart the sofa (if this was a bottom rail that would be major work) and put it back together—all of which I would have to pay for.

The only thing that Jackson/Catnapper would pay for would be the parts—a few pieces of wood or metal (that I would have to pay shipping on). Their deceptive reading of their frame warranty essentially makes it worthless. My answer was that they could ship me a new sofa (what I had expected) with me paying for shipping. I write this so that other people know what kind of company Jackson/Catnapper really is. Realistically (when you add up the costs) the “lifetime” frame warranty is just a 1-year warranty.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased a Catnapper recliner about 2 1/2 years ago. After about a year and a half, the material started peeling. So called "Bonded Leather." I've read all of the negative reviews and agree with them 100%. If you purchase a product from this company, it's your own fault. Doesn't seem to matter to them if it's 1 day or 1 year, the lack of customer service you will receive, will totally make your blood pressure rise. To those buying from this company, "Good Luck." You're going to need it.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I bought the Catnapper Stallworth 4898 chair because they advertised the chair would hold 450# person (I weigh 350) and a 5-year warranty on the frame and mechanism. The recline mechanism failed after 16 months. Read the small print. Warranty is only for one year. When reclining, 2 small 1/4" bolts is supposed to hold and move a sitting 450# person, impossible for an extended period of time. If you are looking at this chair-run and run fast. I was pleased with the quality of the rest of the chair. The chair still lifts but what good is that if it doesn't recline? I'm researching other brands for a big man's chair.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Original review: March 12, 2019

All the reviews are having the same as me- peeling and ugly - too much money for this - do not buy. Why can they still sell this quality? Isn't there any place out there to stop this from happening to another person?

Original review: March 11, 2019

I bought a Catnapper manual recliner in 4-12-2011 and LOVE IT. I am looking to buy a new one. Mine was the model 545424 with the 2334 cover. I weighed 360 lbs. when I bought it. Slept in it whole time.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Absolutely horrible. Recliner is 5 months old and back broke. So it does not sit up all the way. Virtually unusable. Dealer sent out technician. It is covered by warranty however the parts are unavailable and they are not sure when they will be. Catnapper has no phone number received an email from them saying repair is responsibility of dealer however we are at the mercy of the manufacturer for parts. Wish I would of needed the other bad reviews about them. Absolute junk product and very poor customer service.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Have had this Catnapper recliner less than a year. Arm pads and seat pads have broken down. Now mechanical function is also breaking down. I will never purchase from this manufacturer again. Retail store where I bought the chair from is no help at all.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Have a 2013 Catnapper recliner with heat and massage. Heat stopped working. Emailed and received a response within an hour. Issue was resolved quickly and at no cost to me. They stood behind the product well after the warranty was expired.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We purchased a Catnapper recliner to complete set. (We had purchased sofa and loveseat a few months earlier.) Within a few weeks, seat cushion had a huge lump in middle and was badly wrinkled. Winner Furniture ordered a replacement, and this time after only a few hours of sitting, seat cushion had same huge lump and was wrinkled horribly. This was the "Westin" collection. Even though I sent pictures showing the defective product as compared to sofa and loveseat cushions, (which look fine after a year's wear) Jackson Furniture refuses to do anything about it. They are completely ignoring their own warranty and refusing to admit they have a quality problem. Stay far far away from Jackson Furniture and especially their Catnapper brand!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

We bought a “leather” couch 4 years ago for $2600. A few months ago it began peeling and cracking and looks terrible. It seems everyday to be getting worse and worse. Very disappointed in the poor quality, especially given the price we paid. Will never buy a Jackson piece of furniture again!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I feel like this sofa is literally deteriorating in front of my eyes. Only had about 4.5 years and it is only me in the household. This thing is flaking apart daily. I am ashamed to have company. DO NOT BUY... PURE JUNK JUNK JUNK... It's like throwing money out the window purchasing this.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We purchased our Catnapper Couch and Loveseat approximately 3 years ago. Since the purchased this I have had the cushion in the leg/footrest portion of one of the sides of the couch start to fall as if someone reached between the leather and yanked a corner down. Keep in mind no one sits on this side of the couch. The other side has had the leather flake in the headrest area, on the seat near the stitching down the middle, and on the armrest on the stitching area, below it and above it. Where the armrest is there is an indent from the little bit of wood falling in. Then to top it off the motor broke.

When my husband went to figure out what happened (our is an electronic recliner) he found that a couple of the pieces to keep the arm that pulls the footrest up and down are made up of cheap plastic. He swapped this out for the side that is not used in less than a year this one has now broken. He looked at the pieces on the loveseat where he sits and they are cracked and breaking.

I purchased this couch from RC Willey in Utah being told this was a great couch for someone my size. I don't "Plop, Bounce or Jump" on my couches, my 10 and 15-pound dogs (1 each size) sleep next to me when I am on them but that is it. When I raise the feet I pull my legs up as much as I can to keep as much pressure off the mechanics as possible. To have these motors break, the padding fall, the leather flake, and the armrest where an arm doesn't sit break are unacceptable. Don't we take pride in what is made in the US anymore?

I have emailed the company to see what they will do to assist us since obviously, the Warranty is now out of date. Had I have seen all of these comments on this product and company before I would never have purchased from here. Shame on me for not doing enough homework. This is very disheartening and draining on people who had to scrape and save for a nice set already, now to hunt for another one.... in the middle of finding out devastating news in the family, and possibly losing my job, this does not sit well with me.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Worst furniture we have ever purchased. Very expensive. Quality is terrible. Would not recommend to anybody buy this product. We had the love seat for a month and it was defective. 10 months later the arm of the piano wedge caved in.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Chair frame is either warped or has broken altogether. Chair leans to the left and footrest has fabric damage due to rubbing against chair. "Mechanism" is not working properly. Just last night the recline lever spring broke. Finish is coming off of fabric (faux leather) where headrests. We have had the chair about 2.5 years. It is literally falling apart. Poor quality mechanism, frame and fabric.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Stay away from Jackson Furniture! The products are complete crap and you will have nothing but problems. Customer service will not help with their poor products. We purchased a living room set and returned cushions when they ripped during the 1 year warranty. We did that 2 times during the year warranty. Now the new cushions are ripping again. Jackson will not help and told us to go to find our own upholstery company near us.

From customer relations, "We recommend you use your local phone book or your favorite online search engine to locate a professional upholsterer or furniture repair technician near you. They should be able to re-cover the affected areas of fabric and perform any other needed repairs on the furniture." Clearly Jackson products do not last more than a year as we purchased the product in October 2017. My recommendation is to stay away. Also, my wife and I have learned to verify the manufacturer with the furniture store and to do some research!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

The switch or circuit board broke on the unit. Contacted Catnapper and they were disinterested in helping and were amongst the rudest people I have come across. Not helpful. I have had to buy a new chair as I can’t get help with this one. The chair is still in good condition as it has hardly been used. I obviously bought a competitor's brand and they are lovely to deal with. I will never buy a Catnapper again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We bought a big man Catnapper recliner from Premier Furniture in Union City, Tn. The back of the recliner broke in 2 places after my husband reclined it. We had this piece of junk 5 minutes in our house before the cheap wood broke. We are now waiting on it to be repaired.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I bought the catnapper genuine Italian leather sofa and loveseat because we were told it was the top of the line as far as quality goes. We waited 6 weeks for our furniture to be specially made for us. After a few short months the sofa has fade marks throughout the arms and along the cushions. We have contacted the manufacturer to be told the leather is not covered under the limited warranty. We hardly use our furniture because it’s in a room that doesn’t allow it to get much use, so there is absolutely no reason for it to be faded like it is! I honestly think there was a defect in the leather itself but I can’t seem to get any help in this issue. I would love for someone to give me some suggestions and if you have ever had this happen to you. I don’t know where to go from here. We are beyond upset and dissatisfied with this couch!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

We bought our catnapper transformer and love seat a year and half ago. Brand new still had plastic on it. The place was going out of business. No warranty offered. Both pieces are peeling so bad. Now it’s embarrassing just don't understand why we can’t find anything about a resolution for this problem. We are very upset and not happy at all with all the money we spent on this furniture and of course the guy who sold us the stuff said, “Yea it’s the best please.” If someone can give us any insight on what we could do please and thank you.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Most poorly made couch I have ever seen. Boy did I fall for it. We loved the look and feel of the floor model, so we bought the sectional couch and two recliner sofas to furnish our new home. The recliners are doing pretty well, but the couch is trash. First thing that happened is that the frame broke as a result of that "I'm home, time to fall on the couch" crash. It was still under warranty, so they came and got it, repaired it, returned it. Except that their repair was them shooting up the frame with long nails to put it back together, which we noticed poking through the couch. We had to hammer down the sharp points so as not to be stabbed. Come to find out, the frame is made of cheap pine, which is light and fragile.

Now, two years later, the couch is pretty much unusable. I'm replacing it with my tax return. The arms have been pushed away from the rest of the frame somehow. The frame has been stretched (?) or separated (?) I'm not sure which, but the cushions no longer fit and there's about a four inch gap between them on both sides of the sectional. If you sit there, you sink in between the cushions, and you get to feel the frame in your backside. I was also sold the furniture because the cushions have actual springs, stronger cushions that hold up better, they say. Well, they don't. You sit on the edge of the couch, you get to feel the frame in your legs. Basically I have a couch frame now. It's everything but comfortable. Don't waste your money. Buy a cheap couch at Big Lots and never, ever go to a furniture store.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My wife purchased the "Catnapper" Recliner via the Post Exchange (PX) online sales. Once we set it up, I sat down in it and first was surprised at the seat height. I'm average height and my feet didn't touch the floor. When I raised the footrest the back went all the way back to a horizontal position. There was no stop where I could raise the footrest and have the back in a vertical position. Then, and this the real problem, when I tried to use the handle on the side of the chair to lower the footrest and raise the back to a vertical position again, the handle would not budge! I had to push down hard with the lower portion of my leg. In fact pushing down hard didn't work… VERY hard did. I finally was able to get the back upright again and the footrest in the down position.

There is obviously a mechanical problem with the pivot point locations in the mechanism. They are not located in the proper position for the chair to function properly. Consequently, the chair needs to be examined by a mechanical engineer in order for the problem to be rectified. Or judging from other reviews I have read on this chair the manufacturer could continue making it the same way and expect different results; Einstein called that INSANITY. HOWEVER, THAT'S NOT THE ENTIRE PROBLEM... Over the next few days I tried to use the chair, but continued to have difficulty in righting the chair to the normal upright position from the full horizontal position. In fact the difficulty was so great that I strained the quadricep ligament in my right leg and ended up in the emergency room. I have been in considerable pain for a week now as a result.

My wife wanted to get a lawyer and file suit against the manufacturer; I am not pursuing that course though. As the chair is currently configured I would not recommend the chair to an enemy let alone a friend. Quality control on this item seems nonexistent, as far as the mechanicals are concerned. The leather of the chair is a very good quality, and is the chair's only saving grace IMHO. I am following through to have the chair removed from the Military PX system so fellow soldiers will not suffer the same results, by purchasing this item, as I have. IMHO this "Catnapper" as configured is good only for firewood. However, a minimum investment by the manufacturer could make this a VERY good product.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Bought Italian leather loveseat {Aria} made by Catnapper in November 2017. It started tilting on right side, I did not call on it until it got pretty bad, when I should have called much earlier. Dealer sent a tech out and found that the braces on the right side of the loveseat were missing (had never been put on at the factory). Jackson Furniture customer service said that would not be a manufacturing defect! Also said my warranty would have run out 11 days earlier but I would not have any warranty anyway because it was bought as a Clearance item which is the same as buying something as is.

So another words they could care less and I was sold on them doing anything about it. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING MADE BUY THEM AGAIN and if anyone says they are considering buying anything from them I will tell them it would be the worst buying decision they ever make if they do buy anything they make. I wish I would have known before I wasted my hard earned money on their product.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I have had the Bergamo leather Catnapper sectional less than 9 months. The cushions on the recliner I sit on have already lost any puff and I now sit on hard springs. The seams of the "leather" are placed in the worst positions so that they irritate your arms and legs and make it impossible to relax comfortably. I have gotten sciatica back pain from sitting on this allegedly comfortable recliner. I contacted Jackson because I am still within the 1 year warranty period. They basically told me to buzz off. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Paid over $3000 from Conn's HomePlus in Charlotte NC. Was told it was real leather. After 3 years it is peeling bad. Can’t believe I let you’ll talk me into paying this much for a living room set. I wouldn’t recommend Catnapper or JACKSON Furniture to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Purchased in March, by July, the seat cushion had pulled away and rolled up so that the seat was unusable. Tech finally came in August. Problem repeated in Sept. Another tech came out and said that there was nothing more he could do. Resolution finally came down today (Nov 23). They stated that it was normal wear and tear and would not be covered. A $1300 loveseat is unusable after 4 months and this is normal wear and tear???

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I purchased my couch 11/17 and the couch has shorted out and because their sticker is not on the couch they will not warranty the 1 year plan. Even though Cleo's Furniture has where and when I purchased it on file. No label no warranty and it is not my fault there is no label, I did not take it off. Did not know there was suppose to be a label. They have terrible customer service. And Cleo's will not fix it either. DO NOT BUY FROM EITHER.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased a Maverick model Catnapper rocker recliner in January 2016. In less than 2.5 years, the bonded leather upholstery began peeling off in the headrest area. In the past 2 months, the peeling has accelerated and expanded to several areas of the recliner - seat, armrest and back. I contacted the manufacturer, Jackson Furniture, and got total stonewalling behind a 1 year warranty. Also contacted the store where I bought it with the same result. In over 40 years of furniture buying, I have never encountered such an inferior product, especially for the price of over $655. Their 1 year warranty is their legal protection for selling an inferior product.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

3 years old peeling like a bad sunburn. Got no satisfaction from Jackson. Did get Boscov's to get them to send a new seat. At 70 not able to install it & it is darker anyway. I don't have crap in my house. Going to get a repair kit, going to try and sell it, maybe recoup some of the $800 & off to La-Z-Boy.

Jackson Furniture Industries expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Find quality sofas, recliners, sectionals, lift chairs, sleepers, accent chairs, cocktail ottomans exclusively at authorized retailers. Most items can be ordered in customized colors and fabrics.

• Features: 100% gel-infused memory foam inserts and 15-gauge heating tempered coils.

• USA-made: Created and assembled in the United States since 1933.

• Warranties: Limited lifetime warranty covers frame, springs and recliner mechanisms. 5-year warranty covers comfort seat cushions. 1-year warranty covers sleeper mechanisms and all other parts.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs