3.51/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

aka Catnapper Furniture

Since 1933, Jackson Furniture has been a family-owned furniture production company with products made in the USA. Featuring Catnapper Recliners, we create furniture to live where you live. Available from dealers across the US, Jackson Furniture has made millions of customers happy over the last 75 years. We pride ourselves on our extensive testing and detail-focused production, which makes Jackson Furniture unique in the industry.

Our products include sofas, reclining sofas, sectionals, sleepers, tables, chairs, and more!

View More View More

Looking for a good furniture store?

436 Jackson Furniture Industries Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 11, 2019

I bought a Catnapper manual recliner in 4-12-2011 and LOVE IT. I am looking to buy a new one. Mine was the model 545424 with the 2334 cover. I weighed 360 lbs. when I bought it. Slept in it whole time.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Have a 2013 Catnapper recliner with heat and massage. Heat stopped working. Emailed and received a response within an hour. Issue was resolved quickly and at no cost to me. They stood behind the product well after the warranty was expired.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

We purchased our reclining sofa about 4 years ago. I’m happy with the comfort (I have a bad back) when I can recline it. The pressure is gone from my back. I am not happy with the plastic side handle that makes it recline. We had it replaced once as it broke. The repair people instructed me to pull the handle and not let it snap back. I have been able to do this for the most part. Today I went to recline and the handle broke again. I was told there may not be replacement handles available in the future. I’m not working and have no idea if I can afford to fix it. I’m not happy with my current situation.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My experience with the Brandon chaise lay flat recliner. It’s a dud. The first one I had not even 30 Days frame bent to the right and made footrest catch and jerk in! Sent Technician to fix. Frame was bent. Huge flaw throw the fabric one side to the other. Replaced frame and cushion cover. Bent to the right again, bent. Technician Was Sent to fix cushion cover, Ripped the whole cushion apart by ripping and scissoring it to death. Then put on new cushion cover on wrong. Called SONO AGAIN! Called furniture store. Took pictures of damaged chair cushion and repair. Ordered me a new char, Right side leaning again and catching making foot rest jerk again to right. This time chair cushion not sewed completely Together!! What's up with CATNAPPER! Frames are weak and sewing is junk.... I CAN SEW BETTER THAN THEY CAN!! NOT EVEN A YEAR OLD! SICK! YOU BUY FOR QUALITY AND LONG lasting product, you get junk!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Purchased 2 loveseats, chair and ottoman Jackson Catnapper Drummond series furniture. Was told by dealer that the material was “tested” for strength and durability to last. Even on their website they claim to sell furniture that lasts and is quality built. Within a year the material was literally separating at the seams in every cushion. The material is peaking away from the backing. The spring broke in the chair pushing up through the cushion. We sit in our furniture daily but no misuse or anything out of the normal just enjoying the furniture to sit and watch TV. We have other furniture that’s over 15 years old and held up 10 time better than this furniture. Purchased in fall of 2017 delivered in spring of 2018. Will never purchase from this manufacturer again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

We have owned 3 Catnapper Cloud 12 Power Chaise Recliner - Camel. A huge disappointment. Let me say that this is a beautiful chair and the fabric is very nice. Catnapper in my opinion is all about aesthetics for a quick sale, not quality or longevity. However, don't be fooled by looks. The inside is poorly made of particle board and cheap filling. The power is a failure along with comfort after 6 months. That's when the problems begin. We are average size adults, under 150 lbs. We have no pets, no small children. This Catnapper Cloud 12 Power Chaise Recliner - Camel was the first purchase from the largest on-line retailer. It was not cheap by my standards. Said it was built to last!

Catnapper Cloud 12 Power Chaise Recliner - Camel #1 Looks beautiful, fabric is awesome, plush and comfy for the first 6 months until the cheap filling starts sagging and comes out from the bottom. The strong "particle board" that it is built with broke on the left side of the recliner within 13 months. Power totally stopped working within 13 as well. We cannot use it anymore. Yes, I still have this one, it's beautiful. It was put in a bedroom for looks.

Catnapper Cloud 12 Power Chaise Recliner - Camel #2 My husband loved this chair so much that I decided to buy him one for Christmas exactly like this one 2 months after I purchased mine. I purchased it from a local furniture store. It was awesome the first 6 months, then problems started with his. The entire chair collapsed due to poor quality and workmanship. We took it back to the furniture store. They allowed us to trade it in on a Lazy Boy at their suggestion. They told us that this among other styles by Catnapper has the same poor quality build and they were in the process of discontinuing the brand.

Catnapper Cloud 12 Power Chaise Recliner - Camel #3 Being swooned by my new chair, I also ordered Catnapper Cloud 12 Power Chaise Recliner - Came for my daughter for Christmas as I did my husband. I ordered it from another popular on line company as she lives out of state. Within 13 months of ownership the power was touch and go, sometimes it worked, most times it wouldn't. When it did work it sounded like a train. Very loud, finally stopped working at all. She said that her chair began to pop in the seat area and started sagging and dispensing cheap thin filler all under the chair. Like mine, still looked good. She took her chair to the dump.

Original review: July 29, 2019

After 15 years with the same living room furniture, we decided we wanted a change. The furniture was still in very good shape. No tears or worn spots. We decided we wanted to buy a good quality set so we purchased a sofa, loveseat and two recliners. It is just myself and my husband (no pets or children). While the sofa and loveseat is sturdy and functional, after 2 years the "bonded leather" began peeling off. There hasn't been any chemicals used to clean. Only an occasional damp cloth. The recliners were horrible. The frame on one seems to be warped and the material has almost completely worn off of the back headrest area and arms.

When checking on what we thought was a lifetime warranty, the small print states a one year limited warranty on certain parts and materials, with no warranty on leather or vinyl. I will never purchase another catnapper piece of furniture. I've noticed similar reviews about peeling leather. I normally do not write reviews but am writing today in hopes that someone may avoid this problem. Our old living room furniture from now 20 years ago is still in good shape being used by another family member who we gave it to.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I purchased 2 Catnapper recliner couches and received them today 6/26/2019 and one of my couches came damaged with a hole. I am not happy. This is my first experience and not a good one. It took long enough to receive my furniture. Now I have to return it.

Original review: June 27, 2019

The chair broke down in 2 months and does not recline. We reported it to Boscov's where we bought it in Wilmington, Delaware. They gave us a case number, but no one has got back to us. This is a nightmare for dear mom who sleeps in it.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Catnapper refuses to acknowledge they have a problem with parts falling off their chairs. We had screws falling off the 1st year and a half until the frame gave out. (We could not see where the screws fell out of so we could not put them back.) Catnapper told me to find a service company in my area to fix the chair and they would supply parts. THERE ARE NO SERVICE COMPANIES IN MY AREA. I know because this is a replacement chair within one month of purchase because Catnapper could not find someone that would service their product in our area. I'm guessing they are having a hard time finding service people to work on their products because they would have to check every part in the chair.

Jackson Furniture Industries expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Find quality sofas, recliners, sectionals, lift chairs, sleepers, accent chairs, cocktail ottomans exclusively at authorized retailers. Most items can be ordered in customized colors and fabrics.

• Features: 100% gel-infused memory foam inserts and 15-gauge heating tempered coils.

• USA-made: Created and assembled in the United States since 1933.

• Warranties: Limited lifetime warranty covers frame, springs and recliner mechanisms. 5-year warranty covers comfort seat cushions. 1-year warranty covers sleeper mechanisms and all other parts.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs