Jackson Furniture Industries

aka Catnapper Furniture

I purchased the electric Catnapper recliner two years ago. I was satisfied with delivery and set-up. Noticed one spot in the seat needed some more stuffing. I live in Alabama. They sent a representative all the way from Florida to check the chair and repair it. Have had no problems with the chair and extremely happy with it.

Who pays 1700 cash for a sofa and loveseat that doesn't even make to 5 years? This fool. Catnapper is the worst USA made brand for furniture I've ever seen. It's absolute junk. Mechanism broken. Cushion moving out of place under fabric. Total junk. Never again. All I do is sit in the seat. Normal use. That's it.

Lay Flat recliner loveseat - The chair is hard to get out of. The stuffing has separated. The material has ripped. I shattered a tablet because everything falls through the cracks. I think I had it less 6 months with a year warranty.

Three years the recliner massage and heat quit working. Back of one side broke. Paid Bass Pro Shop 900.00 dollars. They wouldn't even try to help. Jackson wouldn't return phone call. Terrible recliner!!!

Bought a almost 800 dollar chair, a high roller recliner from a store in town I live in about 2 hours away from the factory (right outside FT. Campbell army base). They have been in business for over 10 years and every so often say going out of business sales. This was not happening when I bought mine but about a month later when the chair broke and the whole side came off they said "sorry we won't warranty anything as we are going out of business." They said they would warranty it for one year from purchase if anything went wrong and then 5 years would be covered by Catnapper Jacksonville. Well I went on Google to find this store pulls this going out of business stuff forever since they opened about 20 years ago and are still in business and don't warranty anything! So I tried to get a hold of Jackson Catnapper (from now on I will just refer to them as "JUNK SHOP").

Well first call to JUNK SHOP they said email picture so I did to the person I talked to. About a month went by no reply. Called the JUNK SHOP again, talked to someone different and they said "oh that person does not work here anymore so email BLAH BLAH BLAH," so I did. Again nothing was heard of from the JUNK SHOP. Called again about 2 weeks later this time they gave me the run around and hung up on and many other calls to the JUNK SHOP with the chair being fixed by me (properly as it was assembled with press board and staples, not barbed staples and glue which would done a lot more. But still shocked they used press board and thin staples on a high pressure point, or the use of press board at all really was a shock, but the chair was failing in other areas now. By this point fill had gone flat, the metal frame was twisted, the seat is flat and nothing but springs).

Anyways after the run around from the JUNK SHOP they told me they don't warranty past a year anyways which it had now become due then and the BS run around and lying to me about saying these people that didn't work there had been gone for longer than I had bought the chair (so I just called the store and people pretended to be ex employees and I have proof of speaking to and emailing back and forth these ex employees that have been gone for years just a few months ago!!!). They are build with crap. The employees are liars and feed you crap and they need to be put out of business ASAP!!!

Brought Leather sofas and they peeled less than a year of ownership. We complained to the store Furniture Fair in Havelock, NC where we purchased the product from with no help. Buyer be aware. Don't waste your time and money!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: March 27, 2017

After emails and multiple phone calls, we did receive a call from Tamara with Jackson Catnapper. Tamara **** was extremely helpful and apologetic. We sent pictures of the furniture, original receipt and serial numbers for her review. We were offered an in store credit where we purchased the furniture and are completely satisfied. Thank you Tamara for all your help.

We did go with an all leather set this time. No more Bonded Leather.

Original review: March 21, 2017

Over $1700.00 Bonded Leather Sofa/Love seat that are peeling! We purchased a double reclining couch and rocker love seat made out of "Valentino Leather Touch Genuine Bonded Leather" which claims it has an Amazing New Alternative to Top Grain Leather. The hype of "Created and Assembled in the USA" and says, "bonded leather is a new leather-like fabric featuring a blended leather foundation with soft polyurethane face, Contents: 17% Leather, 25% Polyester/Cotton Blend & 58% Polyurethane with Durability - Rated heavy-duty wear in industry tests, Softness - Supple and flexible like leather, Design - Rich tones and textures like "top-grain" leather, Colorfast- Resistant to sunlight fading and Environmental Impact - The "green" process utilized recycled leather for sustainability."

With all this being said we are thoroughly confused to their meaning as we have seen several upon 1000's of reviews that do NOT support this fact. The sad part is the company, Jackson Furniture Catnapper, refuses to do anything about it. Not only do they not respond to the customers that have spent thousands of dollars on their product they continue to sell this worthless furniture.

We like others have tried to contact the company via their main number 1-423-476-8544, website www.catnapper.com,** 1910 SE King Edward Ave. Cleveland, TN 37331, phone 423.476.8544 **'s extension is **. And the email address is **. Our dealership here locally has also tried on numerous occasions to get something done. We have been told the parts are not longer available.

We are continuing to file complaints with BBB and other offices to see if we can get a resolve with the company however we believe it may be time to file a class action lawsuit against this company. As you can see we have had the furniture for 3 years but it is only my husband and I living here and most of the time we are not even home.

My husband and I bought a Catnapper recliner/rocker approximately 1 and 1/2 years ago. We are the only people that sit in this chair and I was gone on orders for almost a year. Then a couple of months ago we noticed that the material had started to peel and it has only gotten worse. If we had known this would happen, we would not have purchased it. I called the company and they informed me that there is only a 1 year warranty on the fabric and the person I talked to was rude about it. We purchased this because it was made in the US and the salesperson informed us that it was a high-quality piece of furniture. I have purchased cheaper furniture that lasted longer than this has and I will not ever purchase another Catnapper. This company has lost our business forever. We purchased a Lane couch the same time we purchased the Catnapper and it still looks new.

My wife and I purchased our living room furniture on 11/16/15. For the entire time that we have had the furniture, we have had a problem with feathers poking through the cushions. We have pulled enough feathers to fill a Wal-Mart bag. It's embarrassing when guests come over and have to sit on cushions with feathers poking you in the legs and butt. When we first bought the furniture we thought that it was just because it was new and the problem would go away. Not the case, 16 months later and we are still having a problem with it.

Lift chair purchased in 2008, local dealers don't carry anymore. Tried to contact Jackson directly but got nothing but runaround. "Have to contact local repair person. Cannot identify parts from model tag and pictures". Pictures are very detailed and gave a detailed description of part involved. Could replace myself if I could get. Was told entire lift would have to be replaced at cost of new chair. Will have local welder make me a part. What happened to customer service?

Catnapper Winchester Rocker Recliner - I bought two of these chairs 5 years ago. My wife and I both thought them uncomfortable after we had them for a few months. I blame myself for that, because I should have "butt tested" them more at the dealer. My complaint is that the bonded leather is peeling all over the chairs. I have ordered new chairs from another company and will be tossing these out as soon as the new ones come in. I am highly dissatisfied with this product and will never buy another catnapper chair. For $550 each, I should have got more than 5 years service.

Purchased 2 catnappers. One year apart (2015 and 2016). Remote went on first and I had to pay $98.00 out of pocket to replace. Within one week of the chair one remote not working, the second chair had a defective remote. That was replaced at no cost. Where is their Junky remotes made? Mexico? China? I, too, prefer to buy American made; however, just not from Jackson Furniture.

Claude Brown is a high end furniture store located in my town. I decided to spend more money on a couch and loveseat and it was important to me to own an American made product. Jackson Furniture went into detail about how well made the cushions were, foam and springs. In my household there are two adults. We do not live on our couches but within 9 months we were sinking. Once on the website we were told this was normal breakdown. I wish I would have read reviews before purchasing from this company, I would have shopped elsewhere. We have had the furniture for one year. I am calling our local Auction to come and take them away. I doubt that I will get any compensation but hopefully my review will help someone else thinking about buying furniture from Jackson. Hopefully Jackson Furniture will read their reviews and do better quality work.

Ahhh... Jackson furniture is in no doubt, the worst furniture made on the planet. I bought a Catnapper recliner and a Belmont style couch, both back in mid 2012 from Butterworth's Furniture Store located in Petersburg, VA. I noticed the day the chair was delivered, it literally looked like it had just been put together by a shop class - material sagging, staples not even firmly seated, strings hanging everywhere off of the chair. The couch wasn't as bad, until a few months later. Staples cutting into your arms, armrest padding failed all the way to the wood, cushion padding failing, and a damn piece of wood that runs along the seat of the couch where the cushions are against. These feels wonderful in your behind and lower back when you Sat in this POS.

But like most people, I should've done some research and shouldn't have expected much for a $600 couch. I sold this damn thing on Craigslist for $25, and the Salvation Army or Goodwill wouldn't even come get it. The same BS with the chair, reclining mechanism loosened and broke after 2.5 years, cushions sagged and material came apart. I called the furniture store and they wanted to send out a repairman for $$ out of my pocket... No thanks. This one went up the road as well.

Finally went back to La-Z-Boy like I had before that lasted 15 years. Should've just recovered it instead of spending money on Jackson junk furniture. I probably could have with what was spent on that Jackson crap. People, wake up and STAY AWAY from ALL of Jackson furniture. Terrible, cheap quality, poorly made & the absolute worst customer service ever!! Get brand name furniture from a reputable dealer, sure it will cost much more $$$, but then you get what you pay for.

Purchased Sectional in Dec of 2012... Delivered January of 2013... Initial warranty call to place purchased was Bass Pro Shops and issue not resolved so further pursuing catnap per/Jackson furniture has left issues unresolved resulting in a 2600 dollar couch that is extremely uncomfortable and most likely will not make it another year. Receipts and order numbers still on file as well as original furniture tags still in possession.

We purchased a couch and loveseat of blended leather roughly 3 summers ago. The couch cushions peeled and were replaced by the company upon complaint. Now the rest of the couch and the loveseat have started to peel terribly in spots that cannot be replaced by a cushion cover. We have also had to place a board under the cushions for firmness. Very disappointed.

We are both retired now but my last paycheck was used to purchase a much needed new sectional. The sectional was received in late September. When it was delivered, the delivery men stated that we should pull the threads that were sticking out from every cushion of the three piece sectional. I have some knowledge of sewing so this was done very carefully so as not to impair the stitching of the seams. That should have been a clue to return our purchase. Now, three months later, I am repairing split seams. When did people stop having pride in their work? I'm so glad I didn't get that e-mail because I was a nurse. Catnapper is not a company that I would ever recommend. NO QUALITY, NO PRIDE, NO CLASS. Hey Catnapper, nurses have lots of connections, you're screwed in this town.

Bought the recliner <1 year ago. Was used only a few times since it is in our 2nd home. Started peeling and continues to peel. The place of business was going out of business so no recourse except to make consumers aware of the manufacturer. Wish we had reviewed the company before buying.

I purchase a sofa 2 years ago and the sofa started peeling. I contact the company and first they said I was past the warranty or I didn't buy an extended warranty. But I never knew I had to buy extended warranty for a sofa. I paid a lot of money for the sofa and just wanted to enjoy it but the company only wants me to pay more money to replace the sofa. Bad customer services. The company has no integrity at all and refuse to change or replace my sofa. Rating the company is 0 stars and rating the sofa 0 stars as well. I will shout from the roof tops never buy a Catnapper product, unless you just want to give money away for something you will not enjoy.

We bought a recliner from al. power co. It was already broken sitting side ways and would lean too far back. We got in touch with al power. They had it fixed in 2 weeks. It broke again 1 month later. Now no one wants to answer our phone calls or do anything about it. We have made several attempts to contact them but will not answer now. Their web site said to contact al. power place of purchase but they are saying catnapper refuses to repair it or replace it. Said I was too big for it. My wife bought it because it said big man's chair. We want a FULL refund because if they were to repair it, it will more than likely break again. We need help $1200.00 chair.

We purchased a sofa set (chair, love seat, and sofa) from hhgregg in August 2015. We literally saved for over a year so we could pay cash for our new furniture. Our furniture was delivered and sat unused for about 6 weeks until we purchased a television for our living room. Within 6 months the cushions became soft and we felt like we were sinking. A few month later it got so bad we purchased plywood to place under the love seat and sofa cushions. My husband and I do not use the furniture on a regular basis. There may be a periods of weeks where we do not watch television in the living room. We do not have any children or large animals. I called Jackson Group and they said "it is normal wear and tear." I explained how rarely we used the furniture and they still insisted we damaged it.

Even though I was still under the year warranty they refused to repair it. The fabric on the chair is falling apart and even under warranty I cannot seem to get them to repair it. I have been battling with Jackson for 5 months now and feel obligated to warn others. This has been the biggest waste of money and the Jackson Group does NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. SPEND YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

We purchased a 3 piece bonded leather set including a sofa, loveseat and chair. After having it about 2 years, it began peeling. We contacted the store the insurance co for extended warranty, as well as the company. No one would do anything. It is ONLY the chair that is like this which further proves poor workmanship. The Jackson/Catnapper name is CRAP.

I purchased a Brantley Java Sofa from Conn's Aug 18, 2012 and this sofa has peeled. I have no children or pets. I'm very unhappy about this sofa and the quality of it. I have called Conn's regarding this matter and I haven't had any help. I have my receipts. Please advise your finding

We purchased a Catnapper sofa that all 3 sections recline & a recliner/rocker love seat approximately 2 1/2 years ago. About 6 to 8 months ago the material on the sofa started flaking off & cracking, it looks awful. We paid quite a bit for this furniture & it definitely should have lasted way more than a couple of years. Of course it is out of warranty so the place we purchased it from can't do anything. The sofa has gradually gotten worse & worse. The material is cracking all over & looks like junk (which it actually is), the love seat isn't as bad but it doesn't get used much. Even with normal wear & tear a piece of furniture at this price should never fall apart like it is. I wish I had looked at reviews prior to making this purchase. This company has no integrity at all. You can tell by all of the other reviews on here & elsewhere. Never purchase Catnapper brand!!!

We bought a reclining sofa and rocking leather love seat. We have had it about 2 years. The LEATHER is peeling off it. It is very embarrassing to look at and the company nor the store will take the blame.

Jackson-Brantley 4430 Sofa Model JABRAS3XDB - Being a subscriber to Consumer Reports magazine and knowing that integrity and customer service is a thing of the past I erred in not reviewing Brantley Industries or its reputation. What a disgrace for a 75 year old so called reputable, established company to put out such faulty defective furniture. Whoever took over this company should be jailed for consumer fraud. After an investment of $2132.28 one sofa started peeling off in 15 months. We have no pets or children. Now at 26 months the sofa's cushions are failing. Peeling off like paper. The dealer Regis Bernard El Paso that sold me this junk is now out of business which is fortunate for future buyers.

I have left numerous messages at Jackson Brantley customer service to call me to address the problem with their product and have never received a call from anyone at the company to address my concerns. Just a common courtesy from a representative from this company would be a miracle. I encourage all buyers to beware and be diligent in reading what past customers have to report about their experience with any company that sells the bonded leather junk. This phony product should be banned from being imported and sold in the USA. Consumer Reports is tops in my books.

I bought 2 new "Leather" Loveseats from 7 Day Furniture a couple years ago. I spent over $2000 for this furniture, thinking I wouldn't need to do it again for a very long time. This fee included an extended 2 year warranty that covered (and I quote) "Everything but beaks and claws of pets". Note, it's just my wife and I. All of the kids are grown and out of the house. About a year into owning this furniture, the Cushions and Armrests started cracking and peeling.

After multiple phone calls to both 7 Day Furniture, as well as Jackson... NO ONE will take ownership to honor this defective furniture! The extended warranty won't cover fabric. (Go figure!... So much for the Beaks and claws. Lie!) They only offered to SELL me some more of the crappy leather to sew it on myself if I wanted. This product is trash, as far as I'm concerned. I just spent another couple hundred dollars on cheap furniture covers just so this nasty looking stuff doesn't flake off all over anyone visiting me. EMBARRASSING!

Purchased chair for mother in nursing home... Never sat in it. After she died, brought it home and maybe reclined in it 3 or 4 times. Now recliner won't work! Store wants $70 to come look at it plus labor fees. Pretty sad that a $1000.00 chair breaks down with 4 uses. I'm a senior citizen with a fixed income so chair will never be repaired. Will not be buying or recommending Jackson furniture again!! Oh, the chair is only 2 years old and under mfg warranty... which only covers parts... not labor or service call.

We've had this furniture for two years now and the finish started wearing off long ago. I called the insurance company and they refused us service saying it was a manufacturers defect. I called Badcock furniture where we bought them and they are giving us store credit to purchase something else. Thank god we're getting out of this mess! Beware of this brand! Do not buy it!!!

1 yr after we purchased reclining sofa CAT-49445 from Marlo Furniture, the recliner mechanism broke & later the fabric was distorted. The store referred me to the manufacturer, so we wrote them a letter of complaint on Dec. 11, 2015. I have not received a reply... Marlo Furniture Cust. Service was rude & not helpful. Jackson Furniture has no customer service & doesn't stand behind its product. So much for made in America.

Handle for reclining broke. We've only had it slightly more than a year and the "leather" is peeling and cracked. It looks terrible. This is an absolutely terrible product and I'm angry that they won't do anything to fix it.

Jackson Furniture Industries Company Profile