It's that easy Request Information
1.93/5
Based on 176 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

aka Catnapper Furniture

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1933, Jackson Furniture has been a family-owned furniture production company with products made in the USA. Featuring Catnapper Recliners, we create furniture to live where you live. Available from dealers across the US, Jackson Furniture has made millions of customers happy over the last 75 years. We pride ourselves on our extensive testing and detail-focused production, which makes Jackson Furniture unique in the industry.

Our products include sofas, reclining sofas, sectionals, sleepers, tables, chairs, and more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

370 Jackson Furniture Industries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2018

By looking at all the complaints I wish I would of found this site sooner than later. My sofa is starting to rip under the cushion where the seat and bottom of the armrest come together. We have no children so there is no reason for it to be ripping. Called the store where I purchased it. Basically got the runaround. I have had it less than a year. Help!

Denise,

Per your warranty. If your furniture is less than 1 year from date of purchase you must contact the dealer you purchased the furniture from as they carry all warranties. The exception to this would be "These limited warranties do not apply to (i) merchandise that was, at any time, used as a floor sample or display model, (ii) any merchandise purchased "as is" or second-hand, (iii) any merchandise purchased at a distress sale or a going-out-of-business sale, or (iv) any merchandise purchased from a liquidator." Please know we are not saying this is your circumstance only that if any of these apply there is no warranty with the furniture. If none of these apply please contact the dealer for further assistance. Thank You.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Our model is comfortable and easy to recline/put down when it's not broken down. I like the look of the recliner and it has a generous amount of stuffing but not too much. The fabric is quality and cleans up easily. However, we've had a lot of problems with quality/workmanship such as seams coming apart and broken-down components. We've had the recliner repaired on two separate occasions after owning for only a short time. For no more than it was used, there was no excuse for the issues we experienced with our recliner. I wouldn't expect the types of problems we had until after years of use.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 5, 2018

Catnapper couch and love seat purchased at The Roomplace. Within four days the cushions were sagging. I spent almost 3,000 dollars, so I think it should last longer. After many calls they did send someone out and he said it wasn't stuffed enough so he added stuffing. Within four days it was sagging again. Called and was told there was nothing they could do for me. The manufacturer doesn't cover that. Are you serious? Not even a month old and it's not covered. Our news channels have investigative reporters and I'm going to call them for help. I'm also going to report you and The Roomplace to the Better Business Bureau. I'm 72 years old, on social security and I've been taken advantage of from you both. Shame on you!!!

Jackson Furniture Industries response

The warranty is with the dealer for the first 12 months. An e-mail has been sent to your e-mail address provided in your message.

Original review: May 31, 2018

It worked fine and got the job done when I needed it to get done and never stopped working on anything that I needed it to get through ex, still worked after a flood. However, it's a little pricey for something that can be bought for way cheaper but I didn't find the design anywhere else so I decided to go with the one I got. Nevertheless, I like the fabric that they use. It's rigid and my dog loves to go onto the side of it and rub its back as the ridges make it feel nice for hands and animals!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2018

RC Willey made promises about the recliner motor warranty but lied. The sales reps at the store made promises that later they denied. I won't shop there again.

Catherine,
All furniture sold is sold with a warranty, unless the following applies (FYI, the following information is on the warranty card under ALL PRODUCTS)

These Limited Warranties do not apply to (i) merchandise that iwas, at any time, used as a floor sample or display model, (ii) any merchandise purchase "as is" or second-hand, (iii) any merchandise purchased at a distress sale or a going-out-of-business sale, or (iv)any merchandise purchased from a liquidator. All warranties, whether express or implied, cover only normal household usage. No warranty, express or implied, applies to any condition resulting from misuse, abuse, delivery or transportation damage. If none of this applies you must contact the dealer for assistance if less than 1 year. If over 1 year you must get a technician once the tech has submitted their report regarding the issue along with the original Bill of Sale we can provide you pricing. I hope this points you in the right direction.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Original review: May 27, 2018

I have a Dallas Catnapper recliner and two love seats. Color has come off the headrest of the recliner. It is less than 2 1/2 years old. This is substandard material and not Top Grain as advertised. I read other reviews and see where the company will do nothing after the year warranty. I have another brand of recliner that is 14 years old that I sit in for hours every day. It looks brand new. I am retired and this was to be my last set of furniture. I cannot afford to replace it and am embarrassed for people to see it. I am surprised by the number of people who have had problems with this furniture that they do not stand by their motto "Designed for comfort... Made to last." A reputable company would take care of their customer and stand by their product.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I bought myself a catnapper about six months ago and I love it so much I bought my wife one for Christmas. The colors match my furniture, it's very comfortable and it is my own favorite chair. It reclines and turns easily, the cushions haven't lost any of their shape, it is hands down the best chair I have ever owned. One of our catnappers had a defective piece that had to be replaced. However, it was replaced quickly and at no cost to me.

Jeff,

Thank you for letting us know you are enjoying your furniture. We hope you get many years of enjoyment out of your new recliner. Again thank you for letting us know you are pleased with your purchase.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I wanted to buy armchairs where I could feel comfortable and comfortable to impress my friends with the best armchairs in the market. I looked for stores because I could not find my favorite brand. And it was when my wife recommended that I go to her trustworthy store. I like Jackson Furniture's design and originality, they are also very comfortable to rest or take a short nap as well as to watch an exciting film. They are also very comfortable to sleep for a while at night.

Richard,

Thank you for letting us know how you are enjoying your purchase. We here at Jackson Furniture hope you receive many years of enjoyment from you purchase.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2018

We purchased a Jackson Godiva sectional sofa through Homemakers Furniture in Iowa in Feb. 2018. We are NOT hard on our furniture. No one jumps on, walks on, or bounces on this couch. It has literally not been moved at all since it was delivered by the store to our home. Within the first month, the main supports of the back of the chaise had snapped in half. We thought it was a fluke and planned to simply suck it up and purchase a new piece this summer. Then, this evening, the supports in the main arm chair of the sofa snapped in half just from simply sitting down. We contacted our store and were told our couch was sold as-is and there is no warranty. Our living room is small and this sectional is our only seating within our living room. We now have nowhere to sit. This is immensely frustrating. We paid quite a bit of money to essentially have a couch that is unfit for use in just over three months. I would NOT recommend this brand of furniture.

Shana,

The warranty card is clear on all furniture purchased "AS IS"

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 27, 2018

Purchased a Jackson sectional sofa. While it looks nice and was reasonably priced. The quality was suspect. The cushions broke down quickly with normal wear and tear. The bag cushion was under stuffed and as a result is ripping away from the back. To make matters worse. I purchased the ESP program from Warrantech (originally through HHGREG). Warrantech took two months to send a tech to review it. He was from Reliable Furniture. He stated three things to me that were defective and should be replaced or repaired. Then left and said he would do his write up later. The write up called it all wear and tear and so Warrantech won't fix. So I have 4 parties involved with all of them lying and denying a valid claim. I would stay away from all of these companies.

Kerry,

HH Gregg has been out of business for over 2 years. We do not carry their warranty. Product purchased from HH Gregg during the time they were going out of business doesn't carry any warranty as it was sold "AS IS". This information was provided to you over the phone. We have explained as best we can the furniture was sold without warranty. If you wish to have repaired you must have a technician provide us with a list of exactly what is needed and we will provide pricing for said parts, as it isn't covered under warranty. I hope this explains your next step.

Original review: April 25, 2018

We bought 2 couches about a year and a half ago, 1 has a busted spring already, and a broken recliner mechanism and on both the stitching is coming out in the seams, it’s literally unraveling. I contacted customer service and they had the nerve to send me a link to the page that says it’s lifetime warranty on these things and are telling me it’s only a 1 year warranty. Then told me to google a certified furniture repair person in my area to get it fixed! I bought a cheap couch before and it lasted 5 years before I spent decent money on these. They don’t back the warranty. Guess they have never read the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act! And as I read reviews I see this being a somewhat common issue out of them!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 18, 2018

I purchased the Catnapper Series from Farmers Furniture in Oct of 2013. We loved it at first. Then about 2.5 yrs later it began to peel. I have a Couch, Loveseat and Rocker that basically needs to be thrown out. I don't understand why they didn't recall the furniture since it is evident thru the complaints it was not just a random problem.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

an e-mail has been sent to the address you provided.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I bought a Cat Napper Power Recliner in October of 2014. I had the recliner for 2 days and they had to replace the motor. Now the motor is bad again. It is going to cost me $60.00 for a new motor and $80.00 for a service call that I already paid once last week for them to come out and tell me the motor was bad. When you pay for a warranty that is suppose to cover these kind of problems and it doesn't, kind of makes you mad. Why should pay for something that when you need it, they tell you that it's not covered. I bought a second Cat Napper power recliner, but if this is the service that I'm going to get from the manufacturer, I wouldn't recommend buying this manufactures products.

Troy,

The warranty for the motor is 3 years from date of purchase. Without knowing the style of your furniture I cannot tell you if the pricing you were provided is correct, if you would like to provide us with the serial number off the furniture I would be happy to provide you with pricing to include shipping & handling. I am also providing you with a warranty card for Catnapper products to confirm the warranty for motors. We do not manufacture the motors, they are provided by a supplier, however we do pass along the warranty of 3 years to the consumer. I have e-mailed a copy of the Catnapper warranty to the address you provided in your profile.

Original review: April 15, 2018

3 months and not able to keep sectional pieces together. They hook and then easily separate. Company can’t fix it and it makes no sense that this is an issue! No product testing! Replaced entire couch once already. Can provide receipt and pictures if needed.

Jason,

Please contact the dealer you purchased your furniture from, the dealer carries all warranties for the 1st 12 months.

Original review: April 12, 2018

My experience has been mostly with RC Willey where we purchased the Jackson furniture from. The Sofa and Chair on display in the showroom was comfortable and we liked the way it looked so we bought it. When we purchased the furniture we were never told that there was no warranty coverage for faulty material problems either by RC Willey or the manufacturer. They did offer a treatment for the faux leather which we agreed to have put on to have an extra layer of protection. We purchased the furniture on 12/9/2011 and some of it was delivered on 12/16/2011. The love seat came on 1/5/2012; which we exchanged for another chair as it did not fit the room. The other chair showed up on 2/3/2012. We were excited to have some new furniture that we thought was going to last a long time and be comfortable.

When we sat down on the sofa it was not near as comfortable as the one in the showroom. We just figured that it was that way because it was new. It is still pretty much the same way. So we use it but not all that much and only for short periods of time. Just about 2 and half years after purchasing it we started to notice some crinkles in the faux leather (bonded fake leather) which actually looked like what real leather does and we thought nothing of it at the time until we started seeing little pieces of brown stuff on the floor. It just looked like small pieces of dirt and then we realized that it was the furniture that was shedding its skin. We called RC Willey who unsympathetically informed us that we outside of the warranty period and there was nothing they could do for us.

After a couple of more phone conversations they did give the number of the company they use to do repairs. He came out and took some pictures and we never heard or saw him or RC Willey again. They never mentioned to try and talk to the manufacturer to see if they could do something. So one day someone tells me that RC Willeys' was being sued for some furniture issues. So I thought I would check into to this and see if there might be a resolution to this problem. Nothing turned up there but it did take me to this web page where I have found several articles describing in detail my same experience with this furniture. At first I was relieved, but as I continued to read further what I saw was that nothing was getting resolved by Jackson Furniture. Just the same standard response "No warranty on materials". So I did not see any sense in talking to them about it.

I understand that they can't be responsible for how people use their furniture; everyone is different. Yet when there is a definite pattern developing over quite a period of time and a company does nothing to stop using those defective materials, they are in their actions saying they don't care. Even worse; they know it's defective, but they are going to sell it to you anyway. I believe there are some consumer protection laws against these types of business practices. I would be curious to find out if anyone has become sick by this decomposing material; especially small children or pets. I can't imagine the dust from these materials are all too healthy to breathe, especially the glue used to Bond the materials together.

We have put covers over all 3 pieces of furniture to try and keep the stuff from falling all around the furniture and to keep the dust down that comes up when you sit down. We are planning on getting new furniture for the house. This furniture will most likely go to the dump as we would not feel good about giving it to anyone else. Actually the worst part is Jackson Furniture's declaration on this website about how much they care and are dedicated to building quality furniture.

Morris,

We appreciate that you took the time to contact us, however I must inform you our warranty card is clear regarding floor stock or sample furniture purchases. Under ALL PRODUCTS These limited warranties do not apply to merchandise that was, at any time, used as a floor sample or display model. The warranty information regarding what isn't covered goes on, but this part of the warranty applies to your situation. A copy of the warranty card is being sent to the e-mail address you provided. With this said, because you purchased a display model there would be no coverage for any part(s) for your furniture. Also, had there been warranty, at over 5 years from date of purchase there wouldn't be any coverage for the issues you describe. I hope this information is helpful in explaining the warranty and coverage.

(e-mail sent providing the warranty card)

Original review: April 7, 2018

I am disappointed with this Catnapper sofa. Model 61891 with power headrest. The fabric is 1300-28 Steel. We have a cat and the fabric the sofa is made with is so thin that the cat has damaged the sofa in 3 places. It was purchase only 2 months ago! Feb 16, 2018. By summer it will be out at the street for the trash man to pick up. Not a good buy.

Ted,

The warranty doesn't cover pet damage to the furniture. If you wish to have the furniture re-covered you would need to locate an upholster in your local area to assess and order the fabric parts needed to repair. Once they have determined what parts are needed they can contact us at customerservice@jacksonfurnind.com with a list of parts needed at which point we will provide them pricing for the parts being requested. I hope this answers your questions. Thank You and have a nice day.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We purchased a couch serial number 3294708 last year and noticed last week the stitching in the front of the couch (not the cushions) was coming apart. There is also a area at the end of the couch doing the same thing. At the cost of $988 it SHOULD be a safe assumption the couch would last more than a year (or more than 5 for that matter). The couch is lightly used and 9 times out of 10, the ottoman we bought with the couch is used so it's not like people are kicking it. I contacted Jackson Furniture this morning via their website so we will see how it goes.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We purchased our Catnapper sofa on 12/30/2013. At first we were very happy with it, but within a couple of years we started seeing small spots of wear. I was told by the business that sold it to us that it would not be covered with a warranty. So great, we just spent 1,000.00 and basically wasted our money. There are only my husband and I in our home and I rarely sit on it. As time goes on it is wearing horribly and in places where no one hardly sits. We are so upset with the lack of service, quality, and condition of the sofa.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

An e-mail has been sent to the e-mail address provided.

Original review: March 29, 2018

** AVOID CATNAPPER PRODUCTS ** Within the three year warranty period our catnapper recliner stopped working. Happily we reported this to the seller of the chair thinking being still under warranty there would be a minimal expense to us. It was diagnosed as requiring both a replacement actuator AND a wand control - apparently both have broken at the same time. We have been advised only the actuator is covered, the cost of shipping of the actuator - from the manufacturer in the US to us in Canada - which is not covered - we have been told by the seller of the chair is $150 alone!

On top of this we do have to pay for a service call, a replacement wand all adding up - before 13% tax in Ont Canada, to $400 to have our "warrantied" item fixed. I look at the Catnapper brochure - motto reads "Designed for comfort... Made to Last", I question the made to last part, in less than 3 years it has significant mechanical issues. Search Youtube/Google for all the "how to fix" your catnapper - this tells you something right there when videos show over and over again all the mechanical issues that develop with this product and how to fix them yourself as the cost of repairs, even via warranty, is prohibitive. **AVOID CATNAPPER PRODUCTS **

John,

According to the information you provided on our web portal the chair is over 3 years old. Please understand we cannot account for the pricing you were provided through your dealer. Also understand we do not manufacture the electrical parts, these are provided by a supplier. As with anything electrical the life expectancy varies. We have had people who had motors last 10 years or as little as 2 years, it varies. The warranty for motors is only 3 years, however shipping & handling for any part is only covered 1 year from date of purchase. This information as it relates to shipping & handling as well as service is provided on the warranty card in the 1st paragraph. You will be receiving an e-mail from our representative in regards to pricing for the motor. I hope we have answered your questions.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I had a wonderful experience and received wonderful customer service as well. I was able to view a wide range of various types of furniture and home appliances. I enjoyed my time shopping there and would definitely go back again. I love the price and I liked that the furniture was high quality, unique and fit my personality spectacularly.

Ashley,

We are glad you had such a wonderful experience and hope you have many years of enjoyment from this purchase. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience.

Original review: March 25, 2018

The quality was great of the furniture. Easy to buy and it was affordable, hard to find that these days. I Appreciate the quality of the product. I like their styles too, it matches what I usually buy and prefer their style over most other brands. I would continue to keep buying from them. Sometimes the comfortability of the furniture can suffer for the quality. I wish everything was as comfortable as some of my other furniture. That or it just takes a long time to break in.

Joe,

We have read your comments and appreciate that you took the time to let us know your thoughts as it relates to your furniture purchase. Please keep in mind you have a year for service/labor and if there are any issues within this year please contact the dealer you purchased through and they will be able to assist you with those issues. Again thank you for your comments.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I bought my Catnapper reclining couch and loveseat in 2013. It has recently started peeling badly. I spent a lot of money on this furniture expecting I would have it for a long time, but it’s junk. We barely sit on the furniture, so this isn’t from wear.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

An e-mail has been sent to the e-mail address you provided.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Purchased this Catnapper power lift recliner in mid December 2016. Second week of January 2017 remote control went bad and chair was not usable for almost 2 months until part came in and was finally fixed and usable again. This was while under warranty through retailer where chair was purchased (first year). Now having same issue and it is March 2018. Since it is electrical in nature still covered under warranty but it has been nearly 3 weeks since chair is not usable and finally got a response that someone would be out to look at chair in 2 weeks, that means another 2 months or more that I have a chair I paid over a thousand dollars for and it is useless. I wish they would just take it back and I would go buy a La-Z-Boy! Next time, I will.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We purchased a Catnapper sofa and Loveseat 2016. The sofa has an area on the sofa seat where the padding does not cover the entire seat. It is very uncomfortable. I have contacted Sofas and More to address this and they have not responded. Both sofas are very uncomfortable and causes back pain. They are unsteady. and have see through spaces between the seats. I wish I had NEVER purchased this Catnapper set. They are the most uncomfortable and poorly made sofas that I have ever encountered.

Eve,

An e-mail have been sent to the e-mail address you provided.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 22, 2018

We purchased catnapped lounger sofa and love seat with a pull handle to recline. These handles have broken many times in the six years. These are not considered mechanism pieces even though they are needed to activate the mechanism. We have also had to replace bolts in the pieces. The stuffing has not held position. Customer service has a “so sad too bad” attitude.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

An e-mail has been sent to the e-mail address you provided on this complaint.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Within 6 months of our purchase of a Catnapper sectional, the fabric began to pill. We had issue with the armrest, and it took over a year to correct the issue. Shortly after that the furniture store where we made the purchase went out of business. Since then the fabric has deteriorated even worse. No one would return my calls from the factory and now I am sure it is out of warranty. We had our last sectional for 10 years, and that was with two sons in the house. Now we are Empty Nesters and this sectional did not hold up at all. Very disappointed. I will never purchase from this manufacturer again.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

an e-mail has been sent to the e-mail address you provided.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Purchased 2 reclining couches that were part of a sectional as well as matching reclining chair in September. Within a month we noticed a gap on one side of the couch by the armrest. The armrest was loose. Goldsteins repairman came out and found that the entire armrest had been broken (made of OSB). This item was replaced. Within another 2 months, the matching sofa recliner motor assembly was broken. Repairman came out again to confirm. Repairman ordered a new motor assembly which took 6 weeks to come in. When he opened the box to repair, the motor was cracked. I was told that it would be another 6 weeks and I am still waiting.

I asked the repairman to write a full report as I have no confidence in the furniture or company. I requested to return the furniture for a refund/the opportunity to pick another product. I was told that would be Jackson's decision. Last I talked to Goldsteins 2 weeks ago, they are still waiting on the part. I asked about the return, and they stated that they placed my request and have not heard back. I am disgusted with the manufacture as well as the store I bought it from. I asked for the return in the fall and have played their game. Soon I will be contacting an attorney as this has gone on long enough. By the way our "decoration" pillows have split at the seam as well.

Original review: March 18, 2018

So I went to Boscovs (salespeople were helpful but not overpowering) with my wife and we looked around for 2 hours and the most comfortable piece of furniture we sat on was the Catnapper Siesta reclining sofa. When I came home I wanted to check out the reviews because we will be spending about $3000 on the sectional and a recliner. But the reviews are not that convincing about the value of the product... So now I guess we will continue to look.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I like the overall construction and sturdiness of the recliner. But I have had it half a year and it is still rock hard in spots. I see the back has a few spots with zippers. One of those I could reach into and take out some foam. Other have a zipper but no way to access the foam. I guess I could take a razor blade and cut it open but I'm hesitant to do that. If I could adjust the firmness in the seat especially and parts of the back I would be a happy customer.

Phil,

If you are having issues with your recliner please contact the dealer with those issues as they carry the warranty for the 1st year and should be able to assist you in resolving any issues.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I purchased a JACKSON couch model 4186-03 from a local chain furniture store that has started falling apart in less than three months. This couch has had a squeak when you sit in it from day one. It came with pillows that have ripped out at the seams, they told me they are decorations, but if they are not there, you are almost laying down when you sit in it. Also springs in the comfort coil cushions are breaking and creating large lumps. Finally, the entire center support has fallen out of the back and the back has sunk in all the way to the wall.

The chain store said they will replace one cushion and try to staple the center brace back into the back. They said they probably can't fix a squeak and the pillows are not covered under warranty. I contacted Jackson Catnapper customer service and that had to be the most rude lady I have ever spoken to, and her job is to deal with customers. I will never buy Jackson Furniture again, and will never recommend it to anyone.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

an e-mail response has been sent to the e-mail address provided.

Jackson Furniture Industries expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Jackson Furniture Industries was founded in 1933 and continues to manufacture furniture in the United States. With six factories and more than 1,500 employees, Jackson Furniture Industries is committed to quality furniture at reasonable prices.

• Product selection: Jackson Furniture offers many products including sofas, sectionals, chairs, rugs and more.

• Catnapper: Jackson Furniture Industries sells products under two names, Jackson and Catnapper. Catnapper products include recliners and reclining sofas.

• Dealer locations: Jackson Furniture is sold through independent distributors and furniture stores across the United States. There are currently about 2,500 distributors that offer Jackson’s products; check out the company’s website to find a distributor near you.

• Customization: Most of the furniture pieces available can be custom ordered with particular colors or fabrics to fit your design motif.

• Lifetime warranty: Most of Jackson Furniture’s products come with a limited lifetime warranty on the spring and frame. Other parts of the furniture such as the coils or sleeper mechanism come with limited one- or five-year warranties.

• Best for: people wanting quality furniture made in the United States.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs