1.93/5
Based on 161 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

aka Catnapper Furniture

Since 1933, Jackson Furniture has been a family-owned furniture production company with products made in the USA. Featuring Catnapper Recliners, we create furniture to live where you live. Available from dealers across the US, Jackson Furniture has made millions of customers happy over the last 75 years. We pride ourselves on our extensive testing and detail-focused production, which makes Jackson Furniture unique in the industry.

Our products include sofas, reclining sofas, sectionals, sleepers, tables, chairs, and more!

View More View More

381 Jackson Furniture Industries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

My wife and I purchased a leather reclining loveseat and sofa with a warranty. Due to a period of moving, the sofa was wrapped up and placed in storage (w/o a mark) for two years. The leather on the loveseat started peeling off after about a year, and upon settling into our new home, it looked like the sofa didn't fare any better as the leather was separating from the cloth backing as well. When we called to get the sofa and loveseat repaired under warranty, a person came out and looked at the furniture, took pictures, and advised us that they wouldn't repair the faulty workmanship.

The furniture is now another year older and the leather has started to peel off in such small pieces that we are constantly sweeping up little bit of leather off the hardwood floor and pieces that stick to clothing or body parts are all over the house, including the bedding. I will NEVER recommend nor purchase anything from this company again. The warranty was useless as well. I probably should've read the reviews first. In hindsight, looking at where the company address is, and as much as MAGA is a scam given where that brand originated from, I shouldn't be surprised.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Purchased two Jackson Catnapper couches from Homemakers in 2016. Leather is peeling off of both couches with no extraordinary use. No animals or kids climbing on them. We simply watch television in the evenings while sitting on the couches. They explained that the couch falling apart is "normal wear and tear". I have never heard of couches falling apart due to people sitting on them when they're only two years old. Purchased the extended warranty but apparently that does not matter either. Neither Jackson Catnapper, nor Homemakers will make it right. What kind of business is fine with manufacturing goods that fall apart with normal use after two years? This is rubbish furniture and both Jackson Catnapper and Homemakers should be ashamed for scamming people. Do yourself a favor and do not buy from these businesses.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I purchased my Catnapper leather sectional in 2014 and the material has been peeling for the last year. I still have warranty for mechanical defects but doesn’t cover material. If I would have known this would be the outcome, I would have never purchased this set. I am very disappointed and heartbroken. The sectional hardly ever gets used and now we’ve got to replace it because it is becoming an eyesore. I’ve never had to replace living room furniture in such a short time period.

Original review: July 30, 2018

We've only had this Jackson Catnapper Brantley furniture for a couple of years and it's now cracking and peeling! We purchased a sofa, loveseat, chair and ottoman and they're ALL peeling!!! Now, seeing all these reviews and people saying they all have trouble with the same thing - this is unforgivable to pay this amount of money for it to only last a couple of years is not acceptable. We need a resolution immediately from Jackson Furniture.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I used to live in Northeast Ohio and I bought what I thought was a gorgeous catnapper sectional with Chaise for $2000. I moved to Toledo Ohio taking my brand new furniture with me. Less than a year I had it I started to have issues with the structure of the large couch portion of the sectional. Found springs had came loose and curled. The braces holding the bottom broke and I have wood pieces trying to poke out the back of that portion. Stitching is coming out of all the back cushions as well. I contacted Catnapper directly and they told me they do nothing with the warranties. It’s the dealer's responsibility. I contacted the dealer. He said he couldn’t do anything for me because I had moved. He did tell me he would have his sales rep contact me to help me. I never got a call. In looking at his Facebook page, he doesn’t follow up on any of his warranty issues. People are also still waiting on product to be delivered.

I continued to contact Roger with Catnapper and now I’m getting no response at all. My warranty is now up and I’m stuck with junk. I found this site and all it sounds like is Catnapper is giving all the excuses as to why they don’t have to help customers. When I purchased my sectional it was a floor model. I was told I had all the warranties that come with Catnapper a new products. According to Catnapper the same warranties do not apply to display models. The only thing I have is a receipt, I have nothing to prove what I was told. I work for General Motors. General Motors certifies all of their dealers. When our dealers start screwing up they yank the certification from the dealer.

Catnapper shame on you for not keeping tabs on your dealers. Falsely telling consumers things that don’t apply to product being sold to make a buck. Shame on you for making an unsafe product and not doing anything to improve what’s happening. You have a ton of unhappy people posting in here. What are you doing to improve these issues? All I am seeing is grey areas that keeps you out of it and you still manufacture junk. If I did my job like you guys do people would die. You are injuring people with your product. Pictures on here prove it. Thank God I found my problem before it hurt a member of my family. Shame on you Catnapper. But you still get your money. You haven’t heard the last from me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Resolution response: July 11, 2018

After I complained about the response to my problem the company help desk did provide additional information. They asked me for the product serial number, found what product I had and found that it was still in production so I could get replacement material. The material cannot be repaired itself, replacement is the only option. This is actual customer support and what should have happened the first time! The peeling problem still rates the product a 1 star but I will give credit to the representatives of Jackson Furniture for providing some customer support.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The furniture - a couch and a large chair were purchased four years ago. Faux leather - but not cheap - $600 each. Placed in a movie room which is not the daily family area - movies, video games, etc. sometimes a week goes by with nobody using it. A few months ago there was some flaking of the leather material but now it is really getting bad. Of course the warranty has long expired, I contacted Jackson and reply was to call a local furniture repair person and see if they could fix it and a lot of explanation was added that the warranty was out and that Jackson had no responsibility at all.

I was not expecting them to take care of a four year old product but SOMETHING would have been nice. If they could tell me the flaking could even be repaired or not would save me the cost of having a local person come out to say "Nope - can't fix it". So - terrible product - will be sure to not buy a Jackson-made furniture product again.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I purchased a Catnapper brand recliner from Howell Furniture in Beaumont Texas approximately three years ago for my home of Toledo Bend Lake, which is a second home and is not our main home. We use this recliner very little and not every day. I noticed the area where My head touches the back has leather peeling and cracking. I called the store where we purchased it because I remembered the sales lady tell us this product has a warranty with it and we bought an extended warranty. I called Howell Furniture to inquire about what could be done. I was told it was covered only for one year from the manufacturer and the extended warranty on covered accidental cuts and tears and they would charge me fifty dollars to come out to take pictures of it and forty dollars an hour. Shopping at Howell Furniture turned out not to be as good of a deal as we thought!

Original review: July 3, 2018

We bought the Jordan Sectional Sofa and are very dissatisfied with the quality of the product. My son, I guess I would say, "plopped down" on the sofa and broke it. He didn't jump on it. He just didn't set down with ease. We called Standard Furniture and told them it was broken (we had it less that 6 months at that time) and they got with the company and they sent out a person to look at it. The first guy that came out and looked at it said he wouldn't be able to fix it by himself so he took some pictures and said someone would be getting back in touch with me. When he had the bottom pulled back I could tell that the part that broke was some kind of particle board looking material.

A couple of weeks later another repair guy called and said he was coming out to look at it and I asked if he had someone with him and he said no but the first guy was probably new and couldn't fix it by himself like he could. This guy said he couldn't fix it either and that the company would either replace that part of the sectional or they would pick it up and send it off to be fixed. A couple of weeks later after not hearing from anybody we called Standard Furniture and they said the company would not fix it due to customer neglect.

So I emailed the company from their contact page (because there is no customer service number to call) to talk to them personally and checked that my preferred contact was by phone and then waited a couple of weeks and received no call or email. The second time I went back and did the same thing again and received an email this time asking me to email back with what my problem was so they could put me in touch with the correct department. But, in my comments on the 'contact us' page I said it was due to a problem with damage to the furniture.

By that time I was just frustrated and didn't want to deal with them anymore. I can understand where they see that it was our fault with it being damaged but prior to this piece of furniture we have never had problems like this. Our last two couches were Ashley and they lasted very long with no problems. With this furniture I have to constantly reposition the cushions and if anybody sits on the chase part it moves every time. It and the other cushions are held in place with a small piece of velcro that doesn't work. The stitching is fraying in different spots also. The sectional itself is pretty. We get a lot of compliments on it. But after this experience and the issues we have had I just tell people that I don't recommend them buying one. If they would have just taken the time to call me and see if we could work something out it might have been different but this will be my first and last purchase from Jackson Furniture.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I bought a Jackson chaise and loveseat in June of 2017 (4377-75 and 4377-42). In less than 2 months the frame on the loveseat cracked and broke. The arm on the chaise caved in in 2 spots, felt like it was particle board that got pushed in. I contacted the retailer, Suniland Furniture who have been wonderful, and they contacted Jackson. They eventually sent out a technician to assess the damage. When the tech lifted the loveseat part, he removed the tacking on the back and bottom and the entire frame fell out of the loveseat!! He took pictures and said, "hmmmm" a few times. I explained that the loveseat cracked when my husband sat down, he did not jump on it, plop on it, stand on it. It cracked from a regular sit. The arm of the chaise got pushed in when I was getting off of the chaise, you have to brace yourself on the arm and push to get out of the deep seated chaise that I now sank into because the frame was broken.

These defects are not from "misuse". No one has jumped on or stood on this furniture. It is absolutely ridiculous that the technician and Jackson furniture deemed these defects are from misuse. The tech put the tacking back on after he shoved the broken pieces of frame back in and sealed it up. All of these issues are under the 1 year manufacture's warranty, which obviously means NOTHING to Jackson Furniture. I didn't hear back from the company for more than a month so I called Suniland and they told me that Jackson deemed the defects were misuse. I asked Suniland to contact them again because I need to appeal that decision. This has been more than 2 months, Suniland has contacted Jackson and they were supposed to send another tech out to assess my dangerous and falling apart furniture. I still have not heard from the technician to schedule the appointment.

My hand, arm and my daughter's hand have been cut by broken pieces of wood and tacks sticking out of the broken frame. When the remote slides under the cushions like it always does, it's risking a serious injury to try to fish the remote out from under the cushions. At this point I am prepared to go to the State Deputy Attorney General who is a family member to address these issues. I also have a rather large following on social media and will be letting everyone I know about the low quality and terrible customer service with Jackson Furniture.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I purchased a "leather" living room set, a recliner, rocking love seat and reclining couch. After a few months the recliner started flaking near the headrest. I didn't pay much attention but after a year the couches and recliner show heavy wear and every cushion has lost almost all the bonded leather. Now after only a few years I have to buy a whole new set which is disappointing since I paid so much for this set. Also I have to constantly clean the flakes off the floor to keep my 10 month old from eating the pieces that continue to come off. Long story short, do not buy this product.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I was having surgery in the near future and wanted a recliner that would recline almost flat. My condition was such that I couldn't actually get out to a store to shop. I searched online and found a recliner at BOSCOV'S in Scranton. I ordered it and it arrived fairly quickly. Easy to assemble by a friend. I sat in it and noticed that the stuffing was very firm. I expected that it would soften with wear. But I also noticed that the stuffing in the seat was poorly done. It was divided into three sections. The first and second sections were even and well stuffed. The third section was stuffed at an angle going up onto the arm of the chair. You could only sit on the first and second part of the cushion. If you used the third part of the seat you were sitting at an angle. Since my surgery was two days away I couldn't do much except hope that the stuffing would even itself out in time, especially since I would probably be spending about 12 hours in it each day for 6+ weeks.

Well it didn't happen. It's 20 month old and you need to sit at an angle or use only part of the seat cushion. However the back of the chair did settle out very quickly. Sitting in it for only a short time gives you such a backache that nobody wants to sit in it. I try to use cushions and blankets to pad the lower back of the cushion but it just doesn't work very well. I now have a $600.00 decoration that nobody will go near. It's really is a pretty decoration. The material is quality and the reclining mechanism works very well. I survived my 6 weeks using the blankets and pillows and it was nice to have it recline as far as it did. My pain medications also helped lots. NEVER, NEVER AGAIN will I purchase another CATNAPPER piece of furniture. I can't even GIVE the chair away. Nobody who has sat in it will go near it.

Original review: June 10, 2018

By looking at all the complaints I wish I would of found this site sooner than later. My sofa is starting to rip under the cushion where the seat and bottom of the armrest come together. We have no children so there is no reason for it to be ripping. Called the store where I purchased it. Basically got the runaround. I have had it less than a year. Help!

Denise,

Per your warranty. If your furniture is less than 1 year from date of purchase you must contact the dealer you purchased the furniture from as they carry all warranties. The exception to this would be "These limited warranties do not apply to (i) merchandise that was, at any time, used as a floor sample or display model, (ii) any merchandise purchased "as is" or second-hand, (iii) any merchandise purchased at a distress sale or a going-out-of-business sale, or (iv) any merchandise purchased from a liquidator." Please know we are not saying this is your circumstance only that if any of these apply there is no warranty with the furniture. If none of these apply please contact the dealer for further assistance. Thank You.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Our model is comfortable and easy to recline/put down when it's not broken down. I like the look of the recliner and it has a generous amount of stuffing but not too much. The fabric is quality and cleans up easily. However, we've had a lot of problems with quality/workmanship such as seams coming apart and broken-down components. We've had the recliner repaired on two separate occasions after owning for only a short time. For no more than it was used, there was no excuse for the issues we experienced with our recliner. I wouldn't expect the types of problems we had until after years of use.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Catnapper couch and love seat purchased at The Roomplace. Within four days the cushions were sagging. I spent almost 3,000 dollars, so I think it should last longer. After many calls they did send someone out and he said it wasn't stuffed enough so he added stuffing. Within four days it was sagging again. Called and was told there was nothing they could do for me. The manufacturer doesn't cover that. Are you serious? Not even a month old and it's not covered. Our news channels have investigative reporters and I'm going to call them for help. I'm also going to report you and The Roomplace to the Better Business Bureau. I'm 72 years old, on social security and I've been taken advantage of from you both. Shame on you!!!

Jackson Furniture Industries response

The warranty is with the dealer for the first 12 months. An e-mail has been sent to your e-mail address provided in your message.

Original review: May 31, 2018

It worked fine and got the job done when I needed it to get done and never stopped working on anything that I needed it to get through ex, still worked after a flood. However, it's a little pricey for something that can be bought for way cheaper but I didn't find the design anywhere else so I decided to go with the one I got. Nevertheless, I like the fabric that they use. It's rigid and my dog loves to go onto the side of it and rub its back as the ridges make it feel nice for hands and animals!

Original review: May 30, 2018

RC Willey made promises about the recliner motor warranty but lied. The sales reps at the store made promises that later they denied. I won't shop there again.

Catherine,
    All furniture sold is sold with a warranty, unless the following applies (FYI, the following information is on the warranty card under ALL PRODUCTS)

These Limited Warranties do not apply to (i) merchandise that iwas, at any time, used as a floor sample or display model, (ii) any merchandise purchase "as is" or second-hand, (iii) any merchandise purchased at a distress sale or a going-out-of-business sale, or (iv)any merchandise purchased from a liquidator. All warranties, whether express or implied, cover only normal household usage. No warranty, express or implied, applies to any condition resulting from misuse, abuse, delivery or transportation damage. If none of this applies you must contact the dealer for assistance if less than 1 year. If over 1 year you must get a technician once the tech has submitted their report regarding the issue along with the original Bill of Sale we can provide you pricing. I hope this points you in the right direction.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I have a Dallas Catnapper recliner and two love seats. Color has come off the headrest of the recliner. It is less than 2 1/2 years old. This is substandard material and not Top Grain as advertised. I read other reviews and see where the company will do nothing after the year warranty. I have another brand of recliner that is 14 years old that I sit in for hours every day. It looks brand new. I am retired and this was to be my last set of furniture. I cannot afford to replace it and am embarrassed for people to see it. I am surprised by the number of people who have had problems with this furniture that they do not stand by their motto "Designed for comfort... Made to last." A reputable company would take care of their customer and stand by their product.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I bought myself a catnapper about six months ago and I love it so much I bought my wife one for Christmas. The colors match my furniture, it's very comfortable and it is my own favorite chair. It reclines and turns easily, the cushions haven't lost any of their shape, it is hands down the best chair I have ever owned. One of our catnappers had a defective piece that had to be replaced. However, it was replaced quickly and at no cost to me.

Jeff,

Thank you for letting us know you are enjoying your furniture. We hope you get many years of enjoyment out of your new recliner. Again thank you for letting us know you are pleased with your purchase.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I wanted to buy armchairs where I could feel comfortable and comfortable to impress my friends with the best armchairs in the market. I looked for stores because I could not find my favorite brand. And it was when my wife recommended that I go to her trustworthy store. I like Jackson Furniture's design and originality, they are also very comfortable to rest or take a short nap as well as to watch an exciting film. They are also very comfortable to sleep for a while at night.

Richard,

Thank you for letting us know how you are enjoying your purchase. We here at Jackson Furniture hope you receive many years of enjoyment from you purchase.

Original review: May 17, 2018

We purchased a Jackson Godiva sectional sofa through Homemakers Furniture in Iowa in Feb. 2018. We are NOT hard on our furniture. No one jumps on, walks on, or bounces on this couch. It has literally not been moved at all since it was delivered by the store to our home. Within the first month, the main supports of the back of the chaise had snapped in half. We thought it was a fluke and planned to simply suck it up and purchase a new piece this summer. Then, this evening, the supports in the main arm chair of the sofa snapped in half just from simply sitting down. We contacted our store and were told our couch was sold as-is and there is no warranty. Our living room is small and this sectional is our only seating within our living room. We now have nowhere to sit. This is immensely frustrating. We paid quite a bit of money to essentially have a couch that is unfit for use in just over three months. I would NOT recommend this brand of furniture.

Shana,

The warranty card is clear on all furniture purchased "AS IS"

Original review: April 27, 2018

Purchased a Jackson sectional sofa. While it looks nice and was reasonably priced. The quality was suspect. The cushions broke down quickly with normal wear and tear. The bag cushion was under stuffed and as a result is ripping away from the back. To make matters worse. I purchased the ESP program from Warrantech (originally through HHGREG). Warrantech took two months to send a tech to review it. He was from Reliable Furniture. He stated three things to me that were defective and should be replaced or repaired. Then left and said he would do his write up later. The write up called it all wear and tear and so Warrantech won't fix. So I have 4 parties involved with all of them lying and denying a valid claim. I would stay away from all of these companies.

Kerry,

HH Gregg has been out of business for over 2 years. We do not carry their warranty. Product purchased from HH Gregg during the time they were going out of business doesn't carry any warranty as it was sold "AS IS". This information was provided to you over the phone. We have explained as best we can the furniture was sold without warranty. If you wish to have repaired you must have a technician provide us with a list of exactly what is needed and we will provide pricing for said parts, as it isn't covered under warranty. I hope this explains your next step.

Original review: April 25, 2018

We bought 2 couches about a year and a half ago, 1 has a busted spring already, and a broken recliner mechanism and on both the stitching is coming out in the seams, it’s literally unraveling. I contacted customer service and they had the nerve to send me a link to the page that says it’s lifetime warranty on these things and are telling me it’s only a 1 year warranty. Then told me to google a certified furniture repair person in my area to get it fixed! I bought a cheap couch before and it lasted 5 years before I spent decent money on these. They don’t back the warranty. Guess they have never read the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act! And as I read reviews I see this being a somewhat common issue out of them!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I purchased the Catnapper Series from Farmers Furniture in Oct of 2013. We loved it at first. Then about 2.5 yrs later it began to peel. I have a Couch, Loveseat and Rocker that basically needs to be thrown out. I don't understand why they didn't recall the furniture since it is evident thru the complaints it was not just a random problem.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

an e-mail has been sent to the address you provided.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I bought a Cat Napper Power Recliner in October of 2014. I had the recliner for 2 days and they had to replace the motor. Now the motor is bad again. It is going to cost me $60.00 for a new motor and $80.00 for a service call that I already paid once last week for them to come out and tell me the motor was bad. When you pay for a warranty that is suppose to cover these kind of problems and it doesn't, kind of makes you mad. Why should pay for something that when you need it, they tell you that it's not covered. I bought a second Cat Napper power recliner, but if this is the service that I'm going to get from the manufacturer, I wouldn't recommend buying this manufactures products.

Troy,

The warranty for the motor is 3 years from date of purchase. Without knowing the style of your furniture I cannot tell you if the pricing you were provided is correct, if you would like to provide us with the serial number off the furniture I would be happy to provide you with pricing to include shipping & handling. I am also providing you with a warranty card for Catnapper products to confirm the warranty for motors. We do not manufacture the motors, they are provided by a supplier, however we do pass along the warranty of 3 years to the consumer. I have e-mailed a copy of the Catnapper warranty to the address you provided in your profile.

Original review: April 15, 2018

3 months and not able to keep sectional pieces together. They hook and then easily separate. Company can’t fix it and it makes no sense that this is an issue! No product testing! Replaced entire couch once already. Can provide receipt and pictures if needed.

Jason,

Please contact the dealer you purchased your furniture from, the dealer carries all warranties for the 1st 12 months.

Original review: April 12, 2018

My experience has been mostly with RC Willey where we purchased the Jackson furniture from. The Sofa and Chair on display in the showroom was comfortable and we liked the way it looked so we bought it. When we purchased the furniture we were never told that there was no warranty coverage for faulty material problems either by RC Willey or the manufacturer. They did offer a treatment for the faux leather which we agreed to have put on to have an extra layer of protection. We purchased the furniture on 12/9/2011 and some of it was delivered on 12/16/2011. The love seat came on 1/5/2012; which we exchanged for another chair as it did not fit the room. The other chair showed up on 2/3/2012. We were excited to have some new furniture that we thought was going to last a long time and be comfortable.

When we sat down on the sofa it was not near as comfortable as the one in the showroom. We just figured that it was that way because it was new. It is still pretty much the same way. So we use it but not all that much and only for short periods of time. Just about 2 and half years after purchasing it we started to notice some crinkles in the faux leather (bonded fake leather) which actually looked like what real leather does and we thought nothing of it at the time until we started seeing little pieces of brown stuff on the floor. It just looked like small pieces of dirt and then we realized that it was the furniture that was shedding its skin. We called RC Willey who unsympathetically informed us that we outside of the warranty period and there was nothing they could do for us.

After a couple of more phone conversations they did give the number of the company they use to do repairs. He came out and took some pictures and we never heard or saw him or RC Willey again. They never mentioned to try and talk to the manufacturer to see if they could do something. So one day someone tells me that RC Willeys' was being sued for some furniture issues. So I thought I would check into to this and see if there might be a resolution to this problem. Nothing turned up there but it did take me to this web page where I have found several articles describing in detail my same experience with this furniture. At first I was relieved, but as I continued to read further what I saw was that nothing was getting resolved by Jackson Furniture. Just the same standard response "No warranty on materials". So I did not see any sense in talking to them about it.

I understand that they can't be responsible for how people use their furniture; everyone is different. Yet when there is a definite pattern developing over quite a period of time and a company does nothing to stop using those defective materials, they are in their actions saying they don't care. Even worse; they know it's defective, but they are going to sell it to you anyway. I believe there are some consumer protection laws against these types of business practices. I would be curious to find out if anyone has become sick by this decomposing material; especially small children or pets. I can't imagine the dust from these materials are all too healthy to breathe, especially the glue used to Bond the materials together.

We have put covers over all 3 pieces of furniture to try and keep the stuff from falling all around the furniture and to keep the dust down that comes up when you sit down. We are planning on getting new furniture for the house. This furniture will most likely go to the dump as we would not feel good about giving it to anyone else. Actually the worst part is Jackson Furniture's declaration on this website about how much they care and are dedicated to building quality furniture.

Morris,

We appreciate that you took the time to contact us, however I must inform you our warranty card is clear regarding floor stock or sample furniture purchases. Under ALL PRODUCTS These limited warranties do not apply to merchandise that was, at any time, used as a floor sample or display model. The warranty information regarding what isn't covered goes on, but this part of the warranty applies to your situation. A copy of the warranty card is being sent to the e-mail address you provided. With this said, because you purchased a display model there would be no coverage for any part(s) for your furniture. Also, had there been warranty, at over 5 years from date of purchase there wouldn't be any coverage for the issues you describe. I hope this information is helpful in explaining the warranty and coverage.

(e-mail sent providing the warranty card)

Original review: April 7, 2018

I am disappointed with this Catnapper sofa. Model 61891 with power headrest. The fabric is 1300-28 Steel. We have a cat and the fabric the sofa is made with is so thin that the cat has damaged the sofa in 3 places. It was purchase only 2 months ago! Feb 16, 2018. By summer it will be out at the street for the trash man to pick up. Not a good buy.

Ted,

The warranty doesn't cover pet damage to the furniture. If you wish to have the furniture re-covered you would need to locate an upholster in your local area to assess and order the fabric parts needed to repair. Once they have determined what parts are needed they can contact us at customerservice@jacksonfurnind.com with a list of parts needed at which point we will provide them pricing for the parts being requested. I hope this answers your questions. Thank You and have a nice day.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We purchased a couch serial number 3294708 last year and noticed last week the stitching in the front of the couch (not the cushions) was coming apart. There is also a area at the end of the couch doing the same thing. At the cost of $988 it SHOULD be a safe assumption the couch would last more than a year (or more than 5 for that matter). The couch is lightly used and 9 times out of 10, the ottoman we bought with the couch is used so it's not like people are kicking it. I contacted Jackson Furniture this morning via their website so we will see how it goes.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We purchased our Catnapper sofa on 12/30/2013. At first we were very happy with it, but within a couple of years we started seeing small spots of wear. I was told by the business that sold it to us that it would not be covered with a warranty. So great, we just spent 1,000.00 and basically wasted our money. There are only my husband and I in our home and I rarely sit on it. As time goes on it is wearing horribly and in places where no one hardly sits. We are so upset with the lack of service, quality, and condition of the sofa.

Jackson Furniture Industries response

An e-mail has been sent to the e-mail address provided.

Original review: March 29, 2018

** AVOID CATNAPPER PRODUCTS ** Within the three year warranty period our catnapper recliner stopped working. Happily we reported this to the seller of the chair thinking being still under warranty there would be a minimal expense to us. It was diagnosed as requiring both a replacement actuator AND a wand control - apparently both have broken at the same time. We have been advised only the actuator is covered, the cost of shipping of the actuator - from the manufacturer in the US to us in Canada - which is not covered - we have been told by the seller of the chair is $150 alone!

On top of this we do have to pay for a service call, a replacement wand all adding up - before 13% tax in Ont Canada, to $400 to have our "warrantied" item fixed. I look at the Catnapper brochure - motto reads "Designed for comfort... Made to Last", I question the made to last part, in less than 3 years it has significant mechanical issues. Search Youtube/Google for all the "how to fix" your catnapper - this tells you something right there when videos show over and over again all the mechanical issues that develop with this product and how to fix them yourself as the cost of repairs, even via warranty, is prohibitive. **AVOID CATNAPPER PRODUCTS **

John,

According to the information you provided on our web portal the chair is over 3 years old. Please understand we cannot account for the pricing you were provided through your dealer. Also understand we do not manufacture the electrical parts, these are provided by a supplier. As with anything electrical the life expectancy varies. We have had people who had motors last 10 years or as little as 2 years, it varies. The warranty for motors is only 3 years, however shipping & handling for any part is only covered 1 year from date of purchase. This information as it relates to shipping & handling as well as service is provided on the warranty card in the 1st paragraph. You will be receiving an e-mail from our representative in regards to pricing for the motor. I hope we have answered your questions.

Not sure about Jackson Furniture Industries?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Furniture Stores for you.

Jackson Furniture Industries expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Jackson Furniture Industries was founded in 1933 and continues to manufacture furniture in the United States. With six factories and more than 1,500 employees, Jackson Furniture Industries is committed to quality furniture at reasonable prices.

• Product selection: Jackson Furniture offers many products including sofas, sectionals, chairs, rugs and more.

• Catnapper: Jackson Furniture Industries sells products under two names, Jackson and Catnapper. Catnapper products include recliners and reclining sofas.

• Dealer locations: Jackson Furniture is sold through independent distributors and furniture stores across the United States. There are currently about 2,500 distributors that offer Jackson’s products; check out the company’s website to find a distributor near you.

• Customization: Most of the furniture pieces available can be custom ordered with particular colors or fabrics to fit your design motif.

• Lifetime warranty: Most of Jackson Furniture’s products come with a limited lifetime warranty on the spring and frame. Other parts of the furniture such as the coils or sleeper mechanism come with limited one- or five-year warranties.

• Best for: people wanting quality furniture made in the United States.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Cleveland
    TN
    www.catnapper.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business