aka Catnapper Furniture

Jackson Furniture Industries

Barco, thank you for the feedback regarding your Catnapper recliner. Catnapper sells to thousands of satisfied customers a month and we appreciate the positive experience you have shared. We are also glad we were able to repair the issue you had back to manufacturing specifications.

Original review: April 16, 2017

I purchased the electric Catnapper recliner two years ago. I was satisfied with delivery and set-up. Noticed one spot in the seat needed some more stuffing. I live in Alabama. They sent a representative all the way from Florida to check the chair and repair it. Have had no problems with the chair and extremely happy with it.

I am so disappointed in Catnapper Furniture and Schewel's Furniture. We bought a three-piece set. First the handle broke off the chair, and I found that Catnapper cannot be contacted directly - you MUST go through the store where you bought it (Schewel's Furniture on Timberlake in Lynchburg, VA). I did so and after much discussion, they agreed to send a new handle. Soon after that the handle on the second chair broke. Now we get nothing. I have called several times, emailed several more, had my husband call to speak to the manager and was told by the woman who answered that "she would handle it herself". Nothing from them, and I can't contact Catnapper directly. The cushions on both chairs have broken down on one side. This set is about four years old and it's junk already. Our last set, purchased in New Zealand and shipped back with our furniture, held up well for ten years and went on for another family to use.

Jackson Furniture Industries

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your Catnapper/Jackson experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Three years ago we bought a reclining sofa and rocker recliner style 517106. The trim wore and peeled but we knew that was not covered. During the first 3 months the handle on recliner broke in two 3 times but a representative came and replaced it. The sofa has motorized recliner. A year ago the stablizer cross bar broke on the rocker recliner. We contacted Conn's where we purchased it and they said to contact Catnapper which we did. It took many calls to get a return call. We were told to send a picture which we did twice with no response.

Jackson Furniture Industries

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Carol. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We purchased a Jackson Furniture sofa less than 5 years ago. Right off we had problems. There were several places on the frame that the fabric was cut too short. The pillows that came with the sofa literally fell apart within days of our purchase. That was only the beginning. The back cushions were not even sewn closed. So over time the stuffing gets pushed out with normal use. We now have a couple on pieces on the frame that have broke. One in the arm of the sofa and another on the back of the sofa. To top that off there's a spring in the sofa that broke and punctured a hole through the material that covers them. The dealer we purchased from is no longer in business and the dealing I've had with Jackson Furniture have been anything but helpful. So much for standing by their product or warranty.

Hello Valerie,

We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Catnapper/Jackson Furniture! We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our customer service team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

We have had our Jackson comfort gel sectional for about 3 months. The couch end so far is fine, but the cuddler has one big dip in the middle of it. When we first got it it was that way and the store replaced the cushion. Did not solve the problem we still have a big dip. I removed the cushion and looked at the base, the springs only go half way across the seat. I don't know if that is the way it is made or if we got a lemon so the cushion will always sag. Either way it's an expensive piece that brings down the look of our sectional that looks like we have had for 30 years and not 3 months. We were assured at the store that this was top quality furniture.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Hello Anthony, we sincerely apologize about your experience with your Catnapper/Jackson Furniture! We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our customer service team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I purchased a complete Jackson Furniture Anniston living room set in February 2017 and it began falling apart about only 4 months later. It started out with the arms of the sofa, loveseat and chair and a half making loud cracking/popping noises. The cushions look absolutely horrible (smashed down) and there are small rips starting along all the piping of the cushions. This furniture is minimally used by my wife and I and basically only sat on in the evening due to being at work all day. I am very disappointed in the quality of this furniture and thought by spending over $2000 on it, it would last more than 4 months!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Jackson Furniture Industries

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Catnapper/Jackson! We value your feedback and the chance to resolve any issues that our customers may have.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

We purchased the whole set in February 2015... We started noticing peeling in several places but just overlooked it but now we have covers all over our what we thought was a nice living room suite. I have called and left numerous messages for a call back but nothing!!! This wasn't a cheap set and we are badly disappointed in it. Worse ever!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

They strive on made with American hands in American... but most if not all materials are more than likely made in China. Bought 2 Rocker/Recliners/catnapper and all materials are junk. Both side handle used to recliner broke, snapped right in half... made with plastic and saw dust. Where is the metal? Speaking of metal the springs are about ready to pop through the seats and my wife and I aren't 350 lb people, we are average sized. The material or chair covering definitely isn't stain or soil resident. These recliners are 2 years old and are pretty much shot. What a waste of money. Guess I need to buy a La-Z-boy... a little costly but worth the extra dollars.

Jackson Furniture Industries

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Danielle. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My husband purchased this couch (Catnapper Mercury Lay Flat Reclining Sofa) new from our local Boscov's store in December 2016 as a Christmas present for me. I unwrapped a gift with the receipt attached on Christmas morning & was thrilled to be updating our furniture! The couch was delivered a few days after Christmas. The men carried it in and attached the backs to the bottom of the sofa & I reviewed it for tears & such then they left. I then noticed it didn't come with any informational packaging or pamphlets. The couch had an awful odor (not just the usual "new" furniture odor). I cleaned it and went to bed.

The next morning I could barely move from joint pains and my nose and throat began to burn. Over the next few months, every day I would wake up & come down stairs (I am a stay-at-home mom, so we are at home a lot) and as soon as I would be in the vicinity of this couch, my eyes, nose, & throat would begin to burn. It became so bad that I ended up in the emergency room one night because of the intense burning and throat irritation in which my throat felt as though it would close up. My mouth would also burn as though I ate a gallon of fireball candies but had no spicy or hot foods taken in my body. My throat felt like it was burned & raw! I had to see an ENT doctor & have a throat scope done in which it showed the irritation in my throat!

These symptoms continued to get worse until in April 2017, my doctor suggested that I remove the couch from home. We had to have it taken to my dad's unfinished part of his basement that no one goes in. My dad tipped the entire couch over because he smelled the strong odor & the underneath was sprayed with a white chalky substance.

I tried to call the Jackson Catnapper company in Tennessee & the Boscov's store in Ohio to find out what chemicals were sprayed or what exactly was in or on this couch, but neither company wanted to help find answers. Catnapper blamed Boscov's & Boscov's told me to take it up with Catnapper since they sell the furniture how they received it. Jackson Catnapper representative on the phone was rude and would not answer any of my questions. Now months later, I am feeling better with the couch being gone, but we are still without a couch & the $1,152.93 spent on that couch. We have had to pay for multiple doctor visits & testing done. If you value your health & lifestyle, I would steer clear from this couch & company!

Jackson Furniture Industries

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Melissa. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I purchased a set of "leather sofas" in October of 2012. Well, they started peeling September of 2016. The sales guy lied to us and told us they were leather when they are bonded leather. I paid close to $4,000 for this set. They look nice when they are new, but buyer beware these will not last. I have a couch I bought in 2008 that still looks new from a different manufacturer. Please do not spend your money on this brand as you can see I'm not the only one with this issue. I wish I had money to replace these sofas, but until then I have to cover them up because they are embarrassing to have. I expected for them to last more than 4 years. Also, when I purchased the set the loveseat was broken. It got fixed, but it broke again. They are suppose to recline not sure why it broke.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Hello Sara, we sincerely apologize about your experience with your Catnapper/Jackson Furniture! We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our customer service team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

In less than a year the couch, overstuffed chair and accent chair were all falling apart. The accent chair I'm pretty sure was broke from the day we got it but we never noticed until we went to move it and since it was just a year since we purchased we were told there was nothing they could do. It was out of warranty. We are still paying on it and the furniture is junk and homemakers will not stand behind it! We do not have little children jumping on it or anything like that and take very good care of our home and furniture so there is absolutely no reason it should not be in perfect condition! Very frustrated and do not recommend!!!

Jackson Furniture Industries

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Ms. Wiles. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

We purchased a Catnapper reclining sofa in 2014 and it is peeling terribly! Recliner looks 20+ years old. It's embarrassing to have it in my home now. Of course our local store we purchased it from cannot do anything about it now. It's really sad when you buy American made it ends up looking like this. I have two pieces at least 10 years old from La-Z-Boy and they still look awesome.

Mr. Wun

Original review: July 29, 2017

Received what I thought was a wonderful recliner for Father's Day last year. Chair broke in beginning of July and Boscov's department store told me to call manufacturer, Jackson Catnapper out of TN. When I explained the situation where the chair completely flips over, they stood pat on the 1 year warranty. They also told me to find a furniture repair person and that I would have to pay out of pocket. We are literally talking about less than a month outside of the factory warranty. I offered to even provide a receipt. The customer service rep was unyielding and not even compassionate. A piece of furniture should last a lot longer than a year. Moreover the manufacturer and seller should stand behind the product. Unbelievable customer service especially in today's time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Yesterday I wrote a review regarding the Jackson Furniture Everest Sectional that I purchased from Nebraska Furniture Mart. After leaving two messages with Jackson Furniture, I received a call from a Jackson representative this morning who was anything but professional. From the moment she identified that she was calling me from Jackson Catnapper, she was rude and defensive. I was very surprised and frustrated by her overall unprofessional attitude at the onset of the conversation. I have never before experienced a customer service representative with this tone before, and it caught me very off guard. When attempting to ascertain what my grievance was, she asked with great disgust, "What is your issue?" I began to try to explain to her that the cocktail ottoman we purchased with the sectional was incredibly understuffed and sagged like it was 20 years old.

I also told her that a repair specialist from Nebraska Furniture Mart had been to our home and documented this with photos. I told her that when we sit on it, we sink so low that we can feel the cross frame at the bottom, and there is not sufficient support. I also explained to her that we are a very thin family. She cut me off and asked me quite rudely, "Why are you SITTING on an ottoman?" I paused and asked her to repeat what I believe may be the most unintelligent question I have ever heard. She repeated the question and then informed me that an ottoman is not meant to be sat on because "that's not what it's made for..." Stunned by the fact that she was dead serious, I asked her if we could agree that when you put your feet up on an ottoman, they should not sink down causing you to slide off the sofa. She then told me that, "... an ottoman is not for putting your feet on either." I seriously have now heard it all.

When I told her that I missed her name and asked her for it again she replied, "... you're not gonna get it because you just want to use it against me." There are many more amazing comments that were made during this conversation and ultimately she hung up on me. I think it may have been because I started to quietly laugh in utter disbelief. I hope the conversation was recorded. In the end, she did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help me and told me to take the issue up with NFM because they are "one of their biggest" retailers.

I have spoken to NFM many times including detailing this conversation to their management. They were stunned and apologetic, and will be taking this sectional back for a full refund. They are also going to be contacting Jackson Furniture to try to find out who this unprofessional representative was. Bottom line: I will NEVER buy from "Jackson Catnapper" again because of their shoddy workmanship, lack of concern about it, and their unprofessional representation.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Hello Sharla, we sincerely apologize about your experience with your Catnapper/Jackson Furniture! We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our customer service team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I, like others who posted on reviews about Jackson Catnapper Furniture, paid good money at a furniture store for what was sold as high quality furniture at high quality price and after 2 years looked worn and after 3 years needs to be replaced. The customer service is a joke and the email recorded on phone is not an accurate address. I purchased numerous pieces including Brantley sofa, chair, ottoman; Maverick recliner; and 2 Lawson chaise and armless sofa. All have holes, peeling material and are the most uncomfortable furniture I've ever owned with cushions that don't stay in place. The sofa frame--cheap wood comes apart and is broken.

I always try to buy American made and support local owned businesses. Shame on me for not checking reviews prior to purchase. I'm going back to my Broyhill, Lane and Tennessee Table Co... those pieces have lasted me 20 years plus. I hope this helps just one person save money and not purchase this product. I realize furniture wears over time, but we lightly use our furniture and don't abuse it. It has always been in controlled temperature setting and has never been relocated from my home. I have never posted on ConsumerAffairs before, but as the one person "customer service said" the ones who wrote reviews were just mad that their material on furniture wasn't covered under warranty. Well duh!! We paid thousands of dollars for furniture we expected to last.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Jackson Furniture Industries

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Philp. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with a resolution.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Recently purchased a Catnapper Power Lift chair at American Furniture Warehouse in Pueblo, CO. I just had back surgery and required this for getting myself out of chair and also to sleep in as I cannot rest in my bed. The chair on the floor room was very comfortable and the recliner lay back flat. However the chair delivered to me was quite the opposite. The seat and back of chair are so hard they cause me to hurt if I sit in it too long (15 min.) and resting in it is out of the question. It also will not lay back very far like the display did. AFW sent a rep. to check out the chair stating there was nothing he could do. My only option is to return the chair with a 15% restock fee of 98.00. I purchased this chair based solely on its comfort however am disappointed in the one I received.

Jackson Furniture Industries

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Leann. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Purchased 2 Catnapper bonded leather reclining sofas and 1 recliner on January 19, 2013. Out the door price was $2,217.81. Absolutely loved these sofas. They are soft, easy to sleep on, and easy to clean. My favorite furniture until recently The back of the chair has started peeling off and sticking to anything that touches it. Same is happening to one of the sofas. It's just a matter of time until the 3rd one goes. I thought I'd go online to see if it's a defect or something and found this thread. I'm so disappointed in this furniture that I could cry. It's a lot of money to pay for furniture and there's NO warranty on the fabric. Seems to me that if a company stood by the fabric it puts on its furniture, there should be at least a 10 year warranty. I would love to be able to say I got good use out of this purchase, but as I am about to have to replace it, I cannot say that. If you want good quality furniture, do your research. I know I will from now on.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Hello Jeff, we sincerely apologize about your experience with your Jackson furniture. We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. A customer service representative will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: July 9, 2017

We purchased a Brantley 4430 sofa and love seat and within a few years, the leather started peeling horribly on the love seat. We have this set down in the basement area and rarely sit down there except for a game or entertaining. The areas are peeling up by where a person may rest their head. Very disappointed in this set as it looks like junk after rarely sitting in it.

No response received

Jackson Furniture Industries

Thank you for for bringing this to our attention, Jaquetta. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with a resolution.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I purchased a brand new catnapper recliner on June 16, 2017 for my husband's birthday and Father's Day gift. Today July 6, 2017 the whole left arm broke away from it. We have not even had it for 3 weeks and has barely been used and is already broken. One of my children reached over the side to pet our small dog and when he did the arm/side just broke away. After further inspection of it, it is made of OSB and had only a small section of wood supporting the arm and attached with thin long staples holding it together. In fact the piece of wood holding it together that broke off is a little bigger than my thumb and there is no way it would or could last very long. I am contacting the store where we purchased it from in the morning since it has a warranty. Needless to say I do not want another piece of furniture made by this company, I just want our money back.

We purchased our La-Z-Boy furniture in 1995 and it is still going strong even with twin boys that are now teenage boys and several small dogs it has held up very well. I am so very disappointed that the new recliner is so poorly and cheaply made. It is disheartening to pay so much for a piece of furniture and it is nothing but junk. It is very comfortable BUT not worth buying since it is very cheaply made and broke so easily. I am in shock and disbelief right now.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Hi Sondra, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for an inconvenience you had with Catnapper. A customer service representative will contact you to form a solution.

Original review: July 6, 2017

Sofa peeling not even 4 years old. Purchased a 3 piece. Was told soft leather living room set for over $3,000. The sofa started peeling really bad about 6 months ago. It is horrible, the part peels off gets everywhere. Extremely disappointed!

Jackson Furniture Industries

Janet, we are so pleased to hear that you are happy with our furniture! Thank you for being a great customer!

Original review: July 6, 2017

My Jackson furniture matches my living room, it was what we were looking for and we love it. We looked around for different ones but we liked what we bought better. We like how the love seat has the cup holders in it. We also like the softness and size of the recliners. Also, the quality of the leather was not cheap and old.

Jackson Furniture Industries

David, we're sorry to hear about your recent experience with your Catnapper furniture. We value your feedback and the chance to resolve any issues that our customers may have. A customer service representative will be contacting you soon.

Original review: June 27, 2017

Transformer went out other day on our sofas that are only about 2 years old. You can't call or email the company. Only thing you can do is write them a letter. Their website says to get hold of the company that sold catnapper to you and I did. And they quit carrying catnapper because they had trouble getting parts from them. So... There you go.

Jackson Furniture Industries

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, John. We would like to resolve your situation with us. A customer service representative will be contacting you soon.

Original review: June 27, 2017

Leather peeling less than 4 years old! We spent a great deal of money on 2 Jackson Catnapper Reclining couches. We have tried working with Badcock furniture store and once they sell you something they don't care. One couch is in perfect condition the other the leather is peeling all over! They told us we need to deal with the manufacturer. Getting the run around! Would not recommend these couches as they are still available for sale at Badcock Furniture. Very disappointed for the money spent, the leather almost looks like it is bonds sams not actual leather. The other couch looks perfect!

Jackson Furniture Industries

Wendi, thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to make this right. When our customers are unhappy, we are unhappy. A customer service representative will be contacting you soon for a resolution.

Original review: June 27, 2017

We purchased a Jackson bonded leather sofa, chair and ottoman in April 2013. Within 3 months the frame on the back of the chair snapped in two. We called the store and they sent someone out to fix it. A month after that I pulled off one of the couch cushions to discover that the leather around the zipper looked shredded. Again I called the store and they ordered a replacement cushion cover. In June 2015 we noticed a small blemish on one of the head cushions of the couch. Within weeks this blemish began to spread like a virus and turned into a peeling nasty mess. Around the same time we started having the same problem on the edges of the chair.

Now the entire couch is peeling and flaking. The arm cushions on both the couch and the chair have slid off the frame so that the frame is protruding on the inside making it very uncomfortable. We paid $1500 for the furniture and it's been complete and total junk since the very beginning. Now just four years later we're having to spend at least that amount of money again to replace something that we should still be using. Instead I'm embarrassed to have anyone come into my home and see it. I'll never shop in that store where they assured us that bonded leather would wear just as well and I'll never waste my time or money with Jackson Furniture again. Very disappointed!

Jackson Furniture Industries

Cynthia, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate the opportunity to make this right. A customer service representative will be in contact with you soon.

Original review: June 26, 2017

We purchased this furniture about 2 years ago through local furniture store and shortly after the recliner began peeling. Now it's mostly bare! Now the chaise recliner is doing the same! Now have throws all over it and constantly vacuuming the pieces off floor. Will not buy brand again!

Jackson Furniture Industries

Jamie, we apologize for your recent Catnapper experience and would appreciate the opportunity to make this right. A customer service representative will be contacting you soon.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I also am VERY disappointed in this purchase. I bought this sofa about 4-5 years ago & it did not hold up well at all. While it is very comfortable, and I was considering also getting the matching loveseat, the seat cushions are peeling! It looks horrible! I especially like to buy American made products for larger purchases. It is very disappointing to see that the customer service dept. does not call people back either. Sad!

Insufficient response received

Jackson Furniture Industries

Phillip, we apologize for your recent Catnapper experience. A customer service representative will be contacting you soon.

Original review: June 26, 2017

WE bought a sectional from one of their dealers and was told we have a lifetime Warranty on it. We have now had to pay to have the handles replaced 3 times. Customer Service tells me those are not covered however that is not what I was told or my paperwork says. The group they recommend to repair their product is worse than them and have even worse reviews. I will be filing suit against them very soon and we might just start a class action suit if we get more people that are fed up and want to join in litigation against this horrible company.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Debbie, we apologize about your recent experience with your Catnapper furniture. A customer service representative will be contacting you soon to resolve this issue.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I purchased my very 1st piece of new furniture in 15 yrs. I am 62 and so excited to be getting my 1st soc sec ck, so I purchased a much needed reclining sofa and reclining loveseat about 2 1/2 wks ago from Badcock in Mocksville, NC. Looks great but not at all comfortable. Due to health problems I am in my recliner quite a bit and sleep a lot. When recliners are laid back there is an open gap of 3-4 in. between bottom of back cushion and seat cushion. All you feel at bottom of your back is a metal bar. Hurts.

My husband won't sit in it because it hurts his back and I got it for him for Father's day. When I lay down in them, if I lay on side, I have to be careful not to get against the inside arm because it's a very sharp edge all the way down and is very uncomfortable. Also, when reclining back, there is an empty space between the arm cushion and the back cushion so there's no place to even put your arm. The design of this outfit is so poor, although does look great. It was just purchased so it can't be worn-out. I am so upset because it will be years, if ever, before I can afford to replace it and can't imagine having to sit on this from now on. Please help.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Jackson Furniture Industries

Jason, we’re sorry to hear about your recent Catnapper/Jackson experience. We sincerely apologize and would like to make it up to you. Our team will contact you privately to begin resolving your issue.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I got my new recliner home and within 6 days the whole left side (arm) fell off of the chair. The cheap wood product used broke in several places. I took it back and got a full refund. Look under their recliners at the wood product used. Who would use such cheap material for furniture and then demand a premium price.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Heather, we apologize for your recent experience with your furniture. Let us help you make it right. A customer service representative will be contacting you soon.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I purchased Catnapper Brantley Loveseat and Couch a little over 2 years and the bonded leather on both couches are peeling. In addition, two of the cushions have sunk in. I had to just order a replacement cushion through you all for the Loveseat because the peeling is that bad. I attached images of the peeling on both couches. This is definitely not normal wear and tear.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Everett, thank you for contacting us with this issue. A customer service representative will be contacting you soon.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I purchased a Catnapper Electric reclining sofa in July 2016 at Allen's Furniture in Princeton WV. I had problems with adjustable headrest. I called Allen's Furniture and they sent a repair crew to look at sofa and said they would be back to make repairs. We have made several calls in past 6 months with no results.

Jackson Furniture Industries Company Profile