aka Catnapper Furniture

2.7/5 (939 ratings)

About Jackson Furniture Industries

Since 1933, Jackson Furniture has been a family-owned furniture production company with products made in the USA. Featuring Catnapper Recliners, we create furniture to live where you live. Available from dealers across the US, Jackson Furniture has made millions of customers happy over the last 75 years. We pride ourselves on our extensive testing and detail-focused production, which makes Jackson Furniture unique in the industry.

Jackson Furniture Industries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Original review: March 2, 2022

I paid $1,100 for a lift chair for my elderly mother. I had the chair for six months when my mother was getting up and the arm broke causing my mother to fall. After months of trying to get a refund or replacement Jackson Furniture has refused to honor their warranty saying it was abuse. How is an old lady getting up abuse? This company is crooked! Do not buy anything from them. I will be adding my mother's fall into our lawsuit.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Crap! Took my money. Lots of it saved a long time to get a sectional that wouldn’t hold up under a mouse! Arms are cardboard, cushions flattened, board in front breaking looks like a truck run over it, no one will do anything about it! What kinda business you running! Beware. I bought mine at Hoosier furniture in Plainfield Indiana. Yes they will be real sweet to you until you take delivery then within not even 3 months you gotta call for repair and they want you to pay to have it picked up. Seriously? We are retired on a fixed income, didn’t know we were buying junk for over 3500.00 that’s a lot of money to us! So beware!!!!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I purchased a Jackson sofa from Big Sandy Superstores in Ashland KY in Nov., 2019. One day while getting up from the sofa, the arm rest collapsed as I raised myself. I emailed Jackson and they told me that I would have to find a repair person and that labor and parts were my responsibility. I had a thought though. I leaned the sofa forward enough to pull back the fabric stapled to the bottom, then found the collapsed piece of cardboard/armrest, pushed it back into shape, stuffed it with pillows, and used a stick to tamp it down as close to the original shape as I could. I can't believe I paid what I did for a sofa with this kind of cheap material in the armrest, and then encountered such poor, uncaring service. Save your money; buy quality the first time!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

After 3 Months of use, the recliner seat broke down and became flat on one side, thus you sat lopsided. This created a major problem for my back. I am not a big person, weighing 112 lbs. Will never buy buy this junk again. Will stick with another brand.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Paid $3,000.00 for a piece of junk sectional. When you sit on it it sinks you almost to the floor and cushions slip out from back. Springs squeak!! Sooo disappointed. Most I've ever spent on a sofa. But it was my dream to have a nice sectional to seat everyone.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

We purchased two recliners on two separate dates. The first recliner broke at the frame that sits on the floor within two months. The 2nd recliner the lumbar did not inflate which we noticed as soon as we got it in the house. Now we have noticed that on the 2nd recliner the wood in the back that is the support to keep the seat from moving backwards is cracked. Of course we know this is from the way our son flops in the chair however if the chair is really built out of a strong material this would not happen. The wood is made of a pressed wood of some kind. The integrity of the product is very lacking I do not recommend purchasing a catnaper recliner.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

We paid top dollar for a living room set 3.5 years ago because we didn't want used furniture and we didn't want to have to buy furniture for a long time. We were duped into buy Jackson/Catnapper furniture from Price Point Furniture and we were told how awesome it was, it's crap. We have treated this furniture with the utmost supreme care like it was a newborn baby and already the finish is starting to peel off of the "leather". What a ripoff this company is.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I purchased the sectional and within a year the vinyl was peeling off of the front cushions and seat area. The ottoman is horrible. It's probably the worst of the parts. This is very cheaply made and I wish I would have read some reviews prior to buy this. Mine looks like many others who have posted photos. What a disappointment.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I purchased a Jackson brown leather sectional around 2018, and I regret it. The $3000 sectional was big and very comfortable, and I thought it would last for years, but I was wrong. It’s now 2021 and the leather is peeling and cracking. I can also hear the wood making a creaking sound when anyone sit down on it. The gel cushions are now looking sunken and not returning to its original form, like it use to. The ottoman that came with it is now looking sunken in places, where people have sat.

I do not recommend this furniture to anyone who it looking for something long term. My cheap $700 sofa in my second living room is still holding up nice then this high price sectional, and I had the cheap sofa for 10 years! I can actually say the Jackson furniture started going down hill a year from purchasing it. This was not from neglect or anyone weighing a lot. It’s just not good furniture. It may look nice but it will not last long, and that upsets me for the price I paid for it. I’m ready to throw it away, not even worth selling.

Original review: May 9, 2021

We bought a recliner from a store in Warrensburg Missouri on October 18, 2020. By the end of December, it started making noises and the right side would lift about an inch then drop with an audible thump, We found out the mechanism was rubbing and gouging our hardwood floor. We contacted the seller about it with no help from them and tried to contact the factory to get it repaired under the factory warranty. At first they seemed very helpful and actually sent someone out to look at it but soon they started ignoring our emails. We paid just under $1000 for this recliner which lasted just over 2 months. Here it is May 9 and we still have a broken recliner.

Jackson Furniture Industries author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Find quality sofas, recliners, sectionals, lift chairs, sleepers, accent chairs, cocktail ottomans exclusively at authorized retailers. Most items can be ordered in customized colors and fabrics.

• Features: 100% gel-infused memory foam inserts and 15-gauge heating tempered coils.

• USA-made: Created and assembled in the United States since 1933.

• Warranties: Limited lifetime warranty covers frame, springs and recliner mechanisms. 5-year warranty covers comfort seat cushions. 1-year warranty covers sleeper mechanisms and all other parts.

Jackson Furniture Industries Company Information