1.47/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

aka Catnapper Furniture

Since 1933, Jackson Furniture has been a family-owned furniture production company with products made in the USA. Featuring Catnapper Recliners, we create furniture to live where you live. Available from dealers across the US, Jackson Furniture has made millions of customers happy over the last 75 years. We pride ourselves on our extensive testing and detail-focused production, which makes Jackson Furniture unique in the industry.

Our products include sofas, reclining sofas, sectionals, sleepers, tables, chairs, and more!

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

412 Jackson Furniture Industries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

We bought a “leather” couch 4 years ago for $2600. A few months ago it began peeling and cracking and looks terrible. It seems everyday to be getting worse and worse. Very disappointed in the poor quality, especially given the price we paid. Will never buy a Jackson piece of furniture again!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I feel like this sofa is literally deteriorating in front of my eyes. Only had about 4.5 years and it is only me in the household. This thing is flaking apart daily. I am ashamed to have company. DO NOT BUY... PURE JUNK JUNK JUNK... It's like throwing money out the window purchasing this.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We purchased our Catnapper Couch and Loveseat approximately 3 years ago. Since the purchased this I have had the cushion in the leg/footrest portion of one of the sides of the couch start to fall as if someone reached between the leather and yanked a corner down. Keep in mind no one sits on this side of the couch. The other side has had the leather flake in the headrest area, on the seat near the stitching down the middle, and on the armrest on the stitching area, below it and above it. Where the armrest is there is an indent from the little bit of wood falling in. Then to top it off the motor broke.

When my husband went to figure out what happened (our is an electronic recliner) he found that a couple of the pieces to keep the arm that pulls the footrest up and down are made up of cheap plastic. He swapped this out for the side that is not used in less than a year this one has now broken. He looked at the pieces on the loveseat where he sits and they are cracked and breaking.

I purchased this couch from RC Willey in Utah being told this was a great couch for someone my size. I don't "Plop, Bounce or Jump" on my couches, my 10 and 15-pound dogs (1 each size) sleep next to me when I am on them but that is it. When I raise the feet I pull my legs up as much as I can to keep as much pressure off the mechanics as possible. To have these motors break, the padding fall, the leather flake, and the armrest where an arm doesn't sit break are unacceptable. Don't we take pride in what is made in the US anymore?

I have emailed the company to see what they will do to assist us since obviously, the Warranty is now out of date. Had I have seen all of these comments on this product and company before I would never have purchased from here. Shame on me for not doing enough homework. This is very disheartening and draining on people who had to scrape and save for a nice set already, now to hunt for another one.... in the middle of finding out devastating news in the family, and possibly losing my job, this does not sit well with me.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Worst furniture we have ever purchased. Very expensive. Quality is terrible. Would not recommend to anybody buy this product. We had the love seat for a month and it was defective. 10 months later the arm of the piano wedge caved in.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Chair frame is either warped or has broken altogether. Chair leans to the left and footrest has fabric damage due to rubbing against chair. "Mechanism" is not working properly. Just last night the recline lever spring broke. Finish is coming off of fabric (faux leather) where headrests. We have had the chair about 2.5 years. It is literally falling apart. Poor quality mechanism, frame and fabric.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Stay away from Jackson Furniture! The products are complete crap and you will have nothing but problems. Customer service will not help with their poor products. We purchased a living room set and returned cushions when they ripped during the 1 year warranty. We did that 2 times during the year warranty. Now the new cushions are ripping again. Jackson will not help and told us to go to find our own upholstery company near us.

From customer relations, "We recommend you use your local phone book or your favorite online search engine to locate a professional upholsterer or furniture repair technician near you. They should be able to re-cover the affected areas of fabric and perform any other needed repairs on the furniture." Clearly Jackson products do not last more than a year as we purchased the product in October 2017. My recommendation is to stay away. Also, my wife and I have learned to verify the manufacturer with the furniture store and to do some research!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

The switch or circuit board broke on the unit. Contacted Catnapper and they were disinterested in helping and were amongst the rudest people I have come across. Not helpful. I have had to buy a new chair as I can’t get help with this one. The chair is still in good condition as it has hardly been used. I obviously bought a competitor's brand and they are lovely to deal with. I will never buy a Catnapper again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We bought a big man Catnapper recliner from Premier Furniture in Union City, Tn. The back of the recliner broke in 2 places after my husband reclined it. We had this piece of junk 5 minutes in our house before the cheap wood broke. We are now waiting on it to be repaired.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I bought the catnapper genuine Italian leather sofa and loveseat because we were told it was the top of the line as far as quality goes. We waited 6 weeks for our furniture to be specially made for us. After a few short months the sofa has fade marks throughout the arms and along the cushions. We have contacted the manufacturer to be told the leather is not covered under the limited warranty. We hardly use our furniture because it’s in a room that doesn’t allow it to get much use, so there is absolutely no reason for it to be faded like it is! I honestly think there was a defect in the leather itself but I can’t seem to get any help in this issue. I would love for someone to give me some suggestions and if you have ever had this happen to you. I don’t know where to go from here. We are beyond upset and dissatisfied with this couch!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

We bought our catnapper transformer and love seat a year and half ago. Brand new still had plastic on it. The place was going out of business. No warranty offered. Both pieces are peeling so bad. Now it’s embarrassing just don't understand why we can’t find anything about a resolution for this problem. We are very upset and not happy at all with all the money we spent on this furniture and of course the guy who sold us the stuff said, “Yea it’s the best please.” If someone can give us any insight on what we could do please and thank you.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Most poorly made couch I have ever seen. Boy did I fall for it. We loved the look and feel of the floor model, so we bought the sectional couch and two recliner sofas to furnish our new home. The recliners are doing pretty well, but the couch is trash. First thing that happened is that the frame broke as a result of that "I'm home, time to fall on the couch" crash. It was still under warranty, so they came and got it, repaired it, returned it. Except that their repair was them shooting up the frame with long nails to put it back together, which we noticed poking through the couch. We had to hammer down the sharp points so as not to be stabbed. Come to find out, the frame is made of cheap pine, which is light and fragile.

Now, two years later, the couch is pretty much unusable. I'm replacing it with my tax return. The arms have been pushed away from the rest of the frame somehow. The frame has been stretched (?) or separated (?) I'm not sure which, but the cushions no longer fit and there's about a four inch gap between them on both sides of the sectional. If you sit there, you sink in between the cushions, and you get to feel the frame in your backside. I was also sold the furniture because the cushions have actual springs, stronger cushions that hold up better, they say. Well, they don't. You sit on the edge of the couch, you get to feel the frame in your legs. Basically I have a couch frame now. It's everything but comfortable. Don't waste your money. Buy a cheap couch at Big Lots and never, ever go to a furniture store.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My wife purchased the "Catnapper" Recliner via the Post Exchange (PX) online sales. Once we set it up, I sat down in it and first was surprised at the seat height. I'm average height and my feet didn't touch the floor. When I raised the footrest the back went all the way back to a horizontal position. There was no stop where I could raise the footrest and have the back in a vertical position. Then, and this the real problem, when I tried to use the handle on the side of the chair to lower the footrest and raise the back to a vertical position again, the handle would not budge! I had to push down hard with the lower portion of my leg. In fact pushing down hard didn't work… VERY hard did. I finally was able to get the back upright again and the footrest in the down position.

There is obviously a mechanical problem with the pivot point locations in the mechanism. They are not located in the proper position for the chair to function properly. Consequently, the chair needs to be examined by a mechanical engineer in order for the problem to be rectified. Or judging from other reviews I have read on this chair the manufacturer could continue making it the same way and expect different results; Einstein called that INSANITY. HOWEVER, THAT'S NOT THE ENTIRE PROBLEM... Over the next few days I tried to use the chair, but continued to have difficulty in righting the chair to the normal upright position from the full horizontal position. In fact the difficulty was so great that I strained the quadricep ligament in my right leg and ended up in the emergency room. I have been in considerable pain for a week now as a result.

My wife wanted to get a lawyer and file suit against the manufacturer; I am not pursuing that course though. As the chair is currently configured I would not recommend the chair to an enemy let alone a friend. Quality control on this item seems nonexistent, as far as the mechanicals are concerned. The leather of the chair is a very good quality, and is the chair's only saving grace IMHO. I am following through to have the chair removed from the Military PX system so fellow soldiers will not suffer the same results, by purchasing this item, as I have. IMHO this "Catnapper" as configured is good only for firewood. However, a minimum investment by the manufacturer could make this a VERY good product.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Bought Italian leather loveseat {Aria} made by Catnapper in November 2017. It started tilting on right side, I did not call on it until it got pretty bad, when I should have called much earlier. Dealer sent a tech out and found that the braces on the right side of the loveseat were missing (had never been put on at the factory). Jackson Furniture customer service said that would not be a manufacturing defect! Also said my warranty would have run out 11 days earlier but I would not have any warranty anyway because it was bought as a Clearance item which is the same as buying something as is.

So another words they could care less and I was sold on them doing anything about it. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING MADE BUY THEM AGAIN and if anyone says they are considering buying anything from them I will tell them it would be the worst buying decision they ever make if they do buy anything they make. I wish I would have known before I wasted my hard earned money on their product.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I have had the Bergamo leather Catnapper sectional less than 9 months. The cushions on the recliner I sit on have already lost any puff and I now sit on hard springs. The seams of the "leather" are placed in the worst positions so that they irritate your arms and legs and make it impossible to relax comfortably. I have gotten sciatica back pain from sitting on this allegedly comfortable recliner. I contacted Jackson because I am still within the 1 year warranty period. They basically told me to buzz off. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Paid over $3000 from Conn's HomePlus in Charlotte NC. Was told it was real leather. After 3 years it is peeling bad. Can’t believe I let you’ll talk me into paying this much for a living room set. I wouldn’t recommend Catnapper or JACKSON Furniture to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Purchased in March, by July, the seat cushion had pulled away and rolled up so that the seat was unusable. Tech finally came in August. Problem repeated in Sept. Another tech came out and said that there was nothing more he could do. Resolution finally came down today (Nov 23). They stated that it was normal wear and tear and would not be covered. A $1300 loveseat is unusable after 4 months and this is normal wear and tear???

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I purchased my couch 11/17 and the couch has shorted out and because their sticker is not on the couch they will not warranty the 1 year plan. Even though Cleo's Furniture has where and when I purchased it on file. No label no warranty and it is not my fault there is no label, I did not take it off. Did not know there was suppose to be a label. They have terrible customer service. And Cleo's will not fix it either. DO NOT BUY FROM EITHER.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased a Maverick model Catnapper rocker recliner in January 2016. In less than 2.5 years, the bonded leather upholstery began peeling off in the headrest area. In the past 2 months, the peeling has accelerated and expanded to several areas of the recliner - seat, armrest and back. I contacted the manufacturer, Jackson Furniture, and got total stonewalling behind a 1 year warranty. Also contacted the store where I bought it with the same result. In over 40 years of furniture buying, I have never encountered such an inferior product, especially for the price of over $655. Their 1 year warranty is their legal protection for selling an inferior product.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

3 years old peeling like a bad sunburn. Got no satisfaction from Jackson. Did get Boscov's to get them to send a new seat. At 70 not able to install it & it is darker anyway. I don't have crap in my house. Going to get a repair kit, going to try and sell it, maybe recoup some of the $800 & off to La-Z-Boy.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

On October 2015, we bought a Catnapper loveseat and two recliners with middle console from Royals furniture in Okeechobee Florida. The service from Royals was great. We're a snowbirds in Florida 4 -5 months stay in winter. Last year October 2017 our Loveseat was peeling off and the seat was wrinkling. We talked to Royals but they said the product has been discontinued and they cannot help us anymore. Jackson Furniture has a slogan that their furniture last long and they'll stand behind it. We only used this Loveseat not even a year and piece of crap! We spend so much of money for it and didn't get our money's worth! Jackson Furniture doesn't have customer service department phone number, sucks!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Purchased a complete living room set in Sept 2013. In 2017 we started noticing tearing in the corners of the pieces. Contacted Landmark Home Furnishing in regards to the “leather warranty” that was sold to us at time of purchase. After a complete runaround we were told that the set was bonded leather and that it was not tearing, but in fact peeling. They would not cover the repairs. They also contacted the company directly and I was told that there was nothing that could be done. Since then all of my pieces are now peeling and I have to replace the entire set. Very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

The leather looking covering is peeling off of cushions, cushion backs and edges of sofa sleeper. It appears from other reviews this is common for the Brantley Bonded Leather Sleeper Sofa #4430. Apparently any warranty of product expires within one or two years. It appears you have no recourse in repairing or replacing inferior quality product.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I bought a catnapper sofa and oversized recliner. It is bonded leather. This is the worst excuse for furniture I have ever seen. The “leather” peels, the corners are coming apart and places that you sit are worn down from sitting. Isn’t that the point of a sofa? To sit on it? Bonded leather is an absolute joke. I wish I had done my research like I usually do but I didn’t. What’s worse than the $2000 worth of an eyesore in my living room is the customer service. I emailed them right when the peeling started happening. No response. Email again and again no response. Finally a response! They never received the previous emails and they archive everything. Lies. I sent a screenshot of the email trail. No response.

Finally, "It looks like you bought this 3 years ago and your issues aren’t covered." Yes, it was 3 years but if you had any sense you would see when the emails started to you. But it doesn’t matter anyways, this crap company does not cover leather peeling. Ha! Probably because you know it happens all the time because your stuff is junk! So, they will probably respond here and say “we want to make this right” to look good for other consumers, but DO NOT be fooled. They will not fix or replace or refund anything! They are thieves that took my money for their junk furniture that they do not back. I hope they treat their employees better then they treat their customers!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

We purchased our reclining sofa about 4 years ago. I’m happy with the comfort (I have a bad back) when I can recline it. The pressure is gone from my back. I am not happy with the plastic side handle that makes it recline. We had it replaced once as it broke. The repair people instructed me to pull the handle and not let it snap back. I have been able to do this for the most part. Today I went to recline and the handle broke again. I was told there may not be replacement handles available in the future. I’m not working and have no idea if I can afford to fix it. I’m not happy with my current situation.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I paid over $3000 for a living room set 3 years ago. Everyone says you get what you pay for. So I decided to go out and buy a nice set. Not sure about rest of you but $3000 was a chunk of money for me to spend. So I thought I was getting a top of line set. They told me it was real leather. Well within a few weeks the cable snapped on one of the recliners on the couch. I repaired it. Well now after 3 years the leather is peeling off in flakes. It is embarrassing for people to come over and set on our furniture. When they get up they have pieces on them. I wouldn’t recommend their leather furniture to anybody. Now I don’t have the kind of money I use to have and I have to go find another living room set. Really thought it would have lasted more than 3 years.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I need to be added to the long list of people complaining about the catnapper "leather" sofa, recliner and loveseat. Reading other reviews and seeing pictures that are identical to our same issue proves that these Jackson products should be recalled. Furniture that peels from normal weather within a few years of purchase is absolutely absurd. The furniture pieces are not cheap so you would expect them to hold up. Our pieces were purchased from Wolf furniture in Harrisburg and like the long list of everyone else, the leather is cracked and sealed and the pieces are essentially needed to be thrown in to the trash.

I'm not sure how a company can sell a product that is so poorly made. The pieces are honestly a health risk to anyone with children who can easily put the flaked off pieces of leather into their mouths. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I will pass the information on to anyone who will listen as to how poorly made these products are. Urge everyone not to shop with this company.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I am one of many who purchased a Catnapper sofa in the last few years and has experienced major wearing/peeling of the leather-look fabric. I see on this site alone (Consumer Affairs) many major complaints against Jackson Furniture (located in TN) and the Catnapper couch. All complaints have been ignored, extra warranties (like we have) have been denied and Jackson Furniture's answer (at least to our persistence) was to send more of the same defective fabric and WE would have to pay for having it reupholstered!!

I am searching for names so we can collectively come together and maybe see some positive response from Jackson Furniture. Don't... repeat... Don't purchase a Catnapper (this is a reclining couch/loveseat or single recliner)... until you research further. If we stop buying these products produced by Jackson Furniture... maybe then someone will sit up and take notice. Check out all the other complaints of this defective fabric and defective company!! On this site you will see the exact same type of photos being posted of others with the same condition couch!! If there is any way to contact any of these complainants, please advise me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Purchased Catnapper 6/2015. It is barely ever used. We have no pets or children living in home. Headrest has started to peel. Style 4101, Cover 121519. Manufactured 5/2/14. Worst product ever! My husband may recline back possibly 2x a month for about 30 minutes. Other than that this is hardly ever even sat on. We paid too much money, trusting something this expensive was going to last. Now at 3 year mark it's something I don't even want in my home. Very poor fabric, CHEAP! I would love to have this replaced or repaired but reading the warranty statement that doesn't look possible! I will never purchase from Catnapper/Jackson again, they do not stand behind the products they sell. Terribly disappointed!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Catnapper recliner leather peeling and separating. Have full warranty but they will not cover because they say skin oils cause this. Am I not suppose to sit on my $600 recliner. Would not recommend any Jackson product. Bad company, even worse warranty coverage.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Purchased the Catnapper Sofa in 08/2017 and within 5 months we had a issue on the sofa sagging on the right side. The Furniture Store we purchased it from sent us a replacement and arrived in 04/2018. When we move the Catnapper Sofa we found the reclining frame gouged our new carpet that was installed just before the furniture arrive. The Replacement Sofa has been in the house only 4 Months and the same issue and now it has damaged our floor and carpet even more. We have no kids and all I do is sit in the chair when I come home from working all day on my feet. A Rep came to our home and reviewed the furniture and as of today 08/25/2018 they stated a bent frame is not a manufacture defect and will send us a new frame but we need to pay shipping and installation which I do not agree with about their furniture!!!

Called the Rep and asked about the warranty that ended up the rep hung up on me with no return call. Called Furniture Store we purchased this furniture from and no solution or answers with only runarounds. Reading reviews on the internet and found people are having the same issue as us of sagging furniture on the same side, poor padding in the leg rest and other manufacturing issues. So presently I don't see this as not being a manufacture issue and Jackson Furniture is not honoring their warranty when you by the Product.

Jackson Furniture Industries expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Find quality sofas, recliners, sectionals, lift chairs, sleepers, accent chairs, cocktail ottomans exclusively at authorized retailers. Most items can be ordered in customized colors and fabrics.

• Features: 100% gel-infused memory foam inserts and 15-gauge heating tempered coils.

• USA-made: Created and assembled in the United States since 1933.

• Warranties: Limited lifetime warranty covers frame, springs and recliner mechanisms. 5-year warranty covers comfort seat cushions. 1-year warranty covers sleeper mechanisms and all other parts.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs