aka Catnapper Furniture

Jackson Furniture Industries

Barco, thank you for the feedback regarding your Catnapper recliner. Catnapper sells to thousands of satisfied customers a month and we appreciate the positive experience you have shared. We are also glad we were able to repair the issue you had back to manufacturing specifications.

Original review: April 16, 2017

I purchased the electric Catnapper recliner two years ago. I was satisfied with delivery and set-up. Noticed one spot in the seat needed some more stuffing. I live in Alabama. They sent a representative all the way from Florida to check the chair and repair it. Have had no problems with the chair and extremely happy with it.

I've dealt with Creg Damron Furniture for years and always had good experience with them. They recommended Jackson Furniture and said they will hold up good to pets since we have some. We bought the Catnapper and we put it in the living room. I liked the way it looked and it has a good quality. I'm very pleased with everything and I'd recommend them.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Suzette, we are sorry to hear about your recent experience with your Catnapper Furniture. We appreciate your feedback and would like to make this right. A customer service representative will be in contact with you soon to assist you.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I bought sofa, loveseat and recliner about 4 yrs ago. Two yrs ago it started peeling. Now I have had to buy covers for it because it looks hideous. I paid close to 3000 dollars for this furniture and every time I look at it I am sick to my stomach. I specifically asked the sales representative if it was leather. Turns out it is bonded leather. I have called company and left several messages and have had no reply. We hardly ever used the furniture unless company came over so it's not like the furniture was abused or anything. I'm so disgusted to have paid my hard earned money for such cheap made materials.

Jackson Furniture Industries

When our customers are unhappy, we're unhappy, let us make it up to you! We will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I regret this purchase so much. We bought a Catnapper sectional a few month ago. It's ALREADY falling apart. The piano wedge cushion started to sink the first 2 days (apparently there aren't springs in that piece). Yesterday, I leaned on the arm of the chaise side and the wood broke! So now there is a broken spot in the armrest. It's terribly upsetting and embarrassing that our brand new sectional looks 5 years old. Not exactly what I expected when I shelled out $2000! Don't buy this brand. I wish I would have found these reviews first!

Jackson Furniture Industries

Greg, all feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your Catnapper experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service and regret the experience you've had. A customer service representative will contact you soon.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Paid $5,000 for some pieces from Furniture Fair in Jacksonville, NC. Bought every warranty and add on they offered us hoping this Loveseat and Sofa furniture would last longer than 4 years. Bought a 5 year warranty even. Not even after a full year of ownership the leather (Must be fake leather) started to peel off. My 2 year old son tried to eat whatever this stuff is. It's very hard to clean up. I specifically asked the sales person at Furniture Fair for furniture that was American made and not that cheap Chinese Ashley Furniture junk. I specifically said I wanted it to last over 4 years unlike my last set from Ashley's. The sales rep claimed this was some of the best furniture they sold, so we bought it. We have been waiting 6 months to have 1 of 2 pieces repaired. According to Harvey at FF, Jackson's (furniture producer) has been giving him the run around and now Chip has to handle the situation.

At this point, after reading this page, I don't think I'd want a warrantied piece and I prefer they just let me pick out a different piece of furniture from a more reputable company. Either way someone better handle it soon or our attorneys are going to handle this some way somehow. I'll spend $5,000 in attorneys fees just to put this headache on someone else over this mess. I have owned a business for 15 years and I would never let a warranty for an item with one of my clients take 6 months to resolve. It feels like American made must not mean much in the furniture business these days.

PS. Furniture Fair if you want to learn from this, you might want to have a small department of people given special privileges to handle cases that are taking this long to save your reputation. This situation might cost you $5,000 in furniture to make the customer happy but it's better than losing a client willing to spend that and more on future furniture. I always go back to places I think are reliable, and reputable. Make the furniture producer foot the $5,000 bill if you have to but never make the customer suffer.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Dana, we're sorry to hear about your recent experience with Catnapper. We value your feedback and the chance to resolve this issue. A customer service representative will contact you soon.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I purchased the Catnapper swivel recliner with the matching recliner couch and loveseat from hhgregg in Macon, GA. The company has gone out of business and advised they did not have any agents in the area to fix the broken furniture and advised me to contact Jackson Furniture directly. I have been trying to contact them since May 2, 2017 and it is now June 7th and I have still not heard back from them. Meanwhile, I am paying for furniture that is broken and is a danger to the children living in my home. I purchased this set because of the great reviews I saw on the internet but I did not have the same experience. Shortly after purchasing the furniture, the recliner broke and sits directly on the floor and the loveseat has disproportioned cushion in the seat and is very uncomfortable to sit in. I would like to have these problems repaired or the furniture replaced. I feel they lack in the field of customer service this company provides.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

I purchased a Torino Loveseat 4 years ago for 1000 dollars, and the reclining mechanism snapped and now the right recliner chair is COMPLETELY unable to be used and nearly impossible to be repaired. I am frustrated and have called the retailer I bought it from with no help except for a number for Jackson Furniture. Three messages later and NO help. I just want some help please!

Jackson Furniture Industries

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Delana. We would like to resolve your situation with us. A customer service representative will be contacting you soon.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Our catnapper sectional is just at two years old, the bolts that connect the pieces at the bottom fall out, the leather is peeling off. The recliner catches at the bottom and has ripped the leather apart. Also a frame piece just fell out. The lounger reclines but broke on one side. This isn't normal wear and tear, we paid almost 3,000 dollars and it should last us several years. The dealer has not been any help whatsoever!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Jackson Furniture Industries

Wayne, we're sorry to hear about your recent Catnapper experience. We sincerely apologize and would like to make it up to you. A customer service representative will contact you privately.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I purchased a Catnapper swivel rocker recliner in July 2015 on Amazon and it has been a disaster. The bolts on the bottom started falling off after one year and about 6 months ago one of the main supports broke. Their website does not allow any email help. Don't buy.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Pam, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with Catnapper. A customer service representative will be contacting you soon.

Original review: May 30, 2017

About 4 years ago, my husband and I bought two Catnapper recliners. We had them only a couple of days and the rocker spring broke in mine. This started the decline, the chair I had spent more time in the shop getting the springs repaired the first year. We were told that the shop could no longer do it after a year. After about 2 years, they started to peel and all the fax leather has peeled off, and of course another popped spring. If I could afford to replace them I would. I was disappointed how these chairs have held up. I am always a believer in buying American, but Jackson needs to do better.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Shannon, we sincerely apologize about your recent Catnapper experience. We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. A customer service representative will be contacting you within the next few days.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I purchased a Catnapper sofa and loveseat roughly 4 years ago. Several months ago, I began to notice a peeling spot on the arm of the loveseat. After a few days the spot had spread bigger. Within a month, nearly the whole arm of the chair was peeled. I also noticed a small spot on the back of the chair which in no time also began to spread. The chair looks absolutely horrible and is quite embarrassing when company is over. I have tried to keep it covered with a throw, but the places are too large to keep covered at this point. I'm sick, as there is nothing else wrong with this piece of furniture and I am going to have to replace it. I'm even sicker to see that there are so many complaints regarding the same issue. This furniture should have been recalled.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Harold, when our customers are unhappy, we're unhappy... let us make it up to you! A customer service representative will contact you in the next few days.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Leather recliner loveseat - Leather separated around head/shoulder area and starting to come off in a patch! Purchased from Bishop Parker Furniture in Montgomery, Al. Ph.**. 9/1/2014. Del. About a Month later. Defect reported to John **. He says Jackson will not cover?

Jackson Furniture Industries

Angela, we appreciate the opportunity to address your situation. We would like to resolve this situation. A customer service representative will be contacting you in the next few days.

Original review: May 22, 2017

The Catnapper sofa and loveseat is peeling like the other customers are saying. The leather flakes off on my clothes. I've only had it a little over 3 years. It looks horrendous!!!! Very disappointed with this furniture????

I specifically bought my Jackson Furniture couch and Catnapper recliner because they were "Made in America". After only 2 months I realized the back cushion on the couch was breaking down and flattening out, causing the material to appear loose. I contacted the store I bought the furniture from after getting on the Jackson Website and seeing the given rating of one and a half stars out of five. A repairman came to look at the couch and said literally, "Yeah, this is the time period where we see them starting to break down."

The couch wasn't quite 3 months old at that point! I was so disappointed. But if I'd first gotten on the Jackson website I would have known that several people have had trouble with the quality of your furniture. I just always expect the best from American Made products. The store sent me a huge box of fluff to stuff the couch myself, which I haven't done because I'm expecting it to end up lumpy and even more "disfigured"! My husband and I are retired, so splurging on furniture isn't something we do... these pieces were bought to last for a long time but I can't see that happening. $1350 and very disappointed.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Tony, thank you for your feedback. A customer service representative from Jackson/Catnapper will be contacting you in the next few days for additional information so we may assist.

Original review: May 10, 2017

Our "bonded leather" nightmare: Our 3-piece reclining sofa, loveseat, and chair began peeling at less than 2 years old. We had paid for extra insurance. Investigator said they wouldn't cover it because it was "normal wear." Huge patches of material have now peeled off and looks terrible.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Anita, thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. A customer service representative will be contacting you in the next few days.

Original review: April 27, 2017

Purchased two Big Boy Catnapper recliners from Sears at $1,300 each. Delivered by Wayfair. 13 months after owning them thin pieces of the so called leather started falling off. It started sticking to our skin. I called Sears and was informed we missed the warranty by one month. Told there was nothing that could be done but purchase new ones??? I just want potential buyers to know this is an issue and not to waste their hard earned money on these Catnapper recliners.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Kris, we are sorry to hear about your recent experience with your sofa and loveseat. We sincerely apologize and would like to make it up to you. A customer service representative will contact you in the next few days.

Original review: April 24, 2017

Who pays 1700 cash for a sofa and loveseat that doesn't even make to 5 years? This fool. Catnapper is the worst USA made brand for furniture I've ever seen. It's absolute junk. Mechanism broken. Cushion moving out of place under fabric. Total junk. Never again. All I do is sit in the seat. Normal use. That's it.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Jonathan, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with your recliner. A customer service representative will contact you in the next few days.

Original review: April 23, 2017

Lay Flat recliner loveseat - The chair is hard to get out of. The stuffing has separated. The material has ripped. I shattered a tablet because everything falls through the cracks. I think I had it less 6 months with a year warranty.

Jackson Furniture Industries

Jeff, we sincerely apologize about your experience with your Catnapper recliner. We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. A customer service rep will be contacting you in the next few days.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Three years the recliner massage and heat quit working. Back of one side broke. Paid Bass Pro Shop 900.00 dollars. They wouldn't even try to help. Jackson wouldn't return phone call. Terrible recliner!!!

Bought a almost 800 dollar chair, a high roller recliner from a store in town I live in about 2 hours away from the factory (right outside FT. Campbell army base). They have been in business for over 10 years and every so often say going out of business sales. This was not happening when I bought mine but about a month later when the chair broke and the whole side came off they said "sorry we won't warranty anything as we are going out of business." They said they would warranty it for one year from purchase if anything went wrong and then 5 years would be covered by Catnapper Jacksonville. Well I went on Google to find this store pulls this going out of business stuff forever since they opened about 20 years ago and are still in business and don't warranty anything! So I tried to get a hold of Jackson Catnapper (from now on I will just refer to them as "JUNK SHOP").

Well first call to JUNK SHOP they said email picture so I did to the person I talked to. About a month went by no reply. Called the JUNK SHOP again, talked to someone different and they said "oh that person does not work here anymore so email BLAH BLAH BLAH," so I did. Again nothing was heard of from the JUNK SHOP. Called again about 2 weeks later this time they gave me the run around and hung up on and many other calls to the JUNK SHOP with the chair being fixed by me (properly as it was assembled with press board and staples, not barbed staples and glue which would done a lot more. But still shocked they used press board and thin staples on a high pressure point, or the use of press board at all really was a shock, but the chair was failing in other areas now. By this point fill had gone flat, the metal frame was twisted, the seat is flat and nothing but springs).

Anyways after the run around from the JUNK SHOP they told me they don't warranty past a year anyways which it had now become due then and the BS run around and lying to me about saying these people that didn't work there had been gone for longer than I had bought the chair (so I just called the store and people pretended to be ex employees and I have proof of speaking to and emailing back and forth these ex employees that have been gone for years just a few months ago!!!). They are build with crap. The employees are liars and feed you crap and they need to be put out of business ASAP!!!

Brought Leather sofas and they peeled less than a year of ownership. We complained to the store Furniture Fair in Havelock, NC where we purchased the product from with no help. Buyer be aware. Don't waste your time and money!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: March 27, 2017

After emails and multiple phone calls, we did receive a call from Tamara with Jackson Catnapper. Tamara **** was extremely helpful and apologetic. We sent pictures of the furniture, original receipt and serial numbers for her review. We were offered an in store credit where we purchased the furniture and are completely satisfied. Thank you Tamara for all your help.

We did go with an all leather set this time. No more Bonded Leather.

Original review: March 21, 2017

Over $1700.00 Bonded Leather Sofa/Love seat that are peeling! We purchased a double reclining couch and rocker love seat made out of "Valentino Leather Touch Genuine Bonded Leather" which claims it has an Amazing New Alternative to Top Grain Leather. The hype of "Created and Assembled in the USA" and says, "bonded leather is a new leather-like fabric featuring a blended leather foundation with soft polyurethane face, Contents: 17% Leather, 25% Polyester/Cotton Blend & 58% Polyurethane with Durability - Rated heavy-duty wear in industry tests, Softness - Supple and flexible like leather, Design - Rich tones and textures like "top-grain" leather, Colorfast- Resistant to sunlight fading and Environmental Impact - The "green" process utilized recycled leather for sustainability."

With all this being said we are thoroughly confused to their meaning as we have seen several upon 1000's of reviews that do NOT support this fact. The sad part is the company, Jackson Furniture Catnapper, refuses to do anything about it. Not only do they not respond to the customers that have spent thousands of dollars on their product they continue to sell this worthless furniture.

We like others have tried to contact the company via their main number 1-423-476-8544, website www.catnapper.com,** 1910 SE King Edward Ave. Cleveland, TN 37331, phone 423.476.8544 **'s extension is **. And the email address is **. Our dealership here locally has also tried on numerous occasions to get something done. We have been told the parts are not longer available.

We are continuing to file complaints with BBB and other offices to see if we can get a resolve with the company however we believe it may be time to file a class action lawsuit against this company. As you can see we have had the furniture for 3 years but it is only my husband and I living here and most of the time we are not even home.

My husband and I bought a Catnapper recliner/rocker approximately 1 and 1/2 years ago. We are the only people that sit in this chair and I was gone on orders for almost a year. Then a couple of months ago we noticed that the material had started to peel and it has only gotten worse. If we had known this would happen, we would not have purchased it. I called the company and they informed me that there is only a 1 year warranty on the fabric and the person I talked to was rude about it. We purchased this because it was made in the US and the salesperson informed us that it was a high-quality piece of furniture. I have purchased cheaper furniture that lasted longer than this has and I will not ever purchase another Catnapper. This company has lost our business forever. We purchased a Lane couch the same time we purchased the Catnapper and it still looks new.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I purchased our living room furniture on 11/16/15. For the entire time that we have had the furniture, we have had a problem with feathers poking through the cushions. We have pulled enough feathers to fill a Wal-Mart bag. It's embarrassing when guests come over and have to sit on cushions with feathers poking you in the legs and butt. When we first bought the furniture we thought that it was just because it was new and the problem would go away. Not the case, 16 months later and we are still having a problem with it.

Lift chair purchased in 2008, local dealers don't carry anymore. Tried to contact Jackson directly but got nothing but runaround. "Have to contact local repair person. Cannot identify parts from model tag and pictures". Pictures are very detailed and gave a detailed description of part involved. Could replace myself if I could get. Was told entire lift would have to be replaced at cost of new chair. Will have local welder make me a part. What happened to customer service?

Catnapper Winchester Rocker Recliner - I bought two of these chairs 5 years ago. My wife and I both thought them uncomfortable after we had them for a few months. I blame myself for that, because I should have "butt tested" them more at the dealer. My complaint is that the bonded leather is peeling all over the chairs. I have ordered new chairs from another company and will be tossing these out as soon as the new ones come in. I am highly dissatisfied with this product and will never buy another catnapper chair. For $550 each, I should have got more than 5 years service.

Purchased 2 catnappers. One year apart (2015 and 2016). Remote went on first and I had to pay $98.00 out of pocket to replace. Within one week of the chair one remote not working, the second chair had a defective remote. That was replaced at no cost. Where is their Junky remotes made? Mexico? China? I, too, prefer to buy American made; however, just not from Jackson Furniture.

Claude Brown is a high end furniture store located in my town. I decided to spend more money on a couch and loveseat and it was important to me to own an American made product. Jackson Furniture went into detail about how well made the cushions were, foam and springs. In my household there are two adults. We do not live on our couches but within 9 months we were sinking. Once on the website we were told this was normal breakdown. I wish I would have read reviews before purchasing from this company, I would have shopped elsewhere. We have had the furniture for one year. I am calling our local Auction to come and take them away. I doubt that I will get any compensation but hopefully my review will help someone else thinking about buying furniture from Jackson. Hopefully Jackson Furniture will read their reviews and do better quality work.

Ahhh... Jackson furniture is in no doubt, the worst furniture made on the planet. I bought a Catnapper recliner and a Belmont style couch, both back in mid 2012 from Butterworth's Furniture Store located in Petersburg, VA. I noticed the day the chair was delivered, it literally looked like it had just been put together by a shop class - material sagging, staples not even firmly seated, strings hanging everywhere off of the chair. The couch wasn't as bad, until a few months later. Staples cutting into your arms, armrest padding failed all the way to the wood, cushion padding failing, and a damn piece of wood that runs along the seat of the couch where the cushions are against. These feels wonderful in your behind and lower back when you Sat in this POS.

But like most people, I should've done some research and shouldn't have expected much for a $600 couch. I sold this damn thing on Craigslist for $25, and the Salvation Army or Goodwill wouldn't even come get it. The same BS with the chair, reclining mechanism loosened and broke after 2.5 years, cushions sagged and material came apart. I called the furniture store and they wanted to send out a repairman for $$ out of my pocket... No thanks. This one went up the road as well.

Finally went back to La-Z-Boy like I had before that lasted 15 years. Should've just recovered it instead of spending money on Jackson junk furniture. I probably could have with what was spent on that Jackson crap. People, wake up and STAY AWAY from ALL of Jackson furniture. Terrible, cheap quality, poorly made & the absolute worst customer service ever!! Get brand name furniture from a reputable dealer, sure it will cost much more $$$, but then you get what you pay for.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Purchased Sectional in Dec of 2012... Delivered January of 2013... Initial warranty call to place purchased was Bass Pro Shops and issue not resolved so further pursuing catnap per/Jackson furniture has left issues unresolved resulting in a 2600 dollar couch that is extremely uncomfortable and most likely will not make it another year. Receipts and order numbers still on file as well as original furniture tags still in possession.

We purchased a couch and loveseat of blended leather roughly 3 summers ago. The couch cushions peeled and were replaced by the company upon complaint. Now the rest of the couch and the loveseat have started to peel terribly in spots that cannot be replaced by a cushion cover. We have also had to place a board under the cushions for firmness. Very disappointed.

Jackson Furniture Industries Company Profile