1.70/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

aka Catnapper Furniture

Since 1933, Jackson Furniture has been a family-owned furniture production company with products made in the USA. Featuring Catnapper Recliners, we create furniture to live where you live. Available from dealers across the US, Jackson Furniture has made millions of customers happy over the last 75 years. We pride ourselves on our extensive testing and detail-focused production, which makes Jackson Furniture unique in the industry.

Our products include sofas, reclining sofas, sectionals, sleepers, tables, chairs, and more!

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

401 Jackson Furniture Industries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My wife purchased the "Catnapper" Recliner via the Post Exchange (PX) online sales. Once we set it up, I sat down in it and first was surprised at the seat height. I'm average height and my feet didn't touch the floor. When I raised the footrest the back went all the way back to a horizontal position. There was no stop where I could raise the footrest and have the back in a vertical position. Then, and this the real problem, when I tried to use the handle on the side of the chair to lower the footrest and raise the back to a vertical position again, the handle would not budge! I had to push down hard with the lower portion of my leg. In fact pushing down hard didn't work… VERY hard did. I finally was able to get the back upright again and the footrest in the down position.

There is obviously a mechanical problem with the pivot point locations in the mechanism. They are not located in the proper position for the chair to function properly. Consequently, the chair needs to be examined by a mechanical engineer in order for the problem to be rectified. Or judging from other reviews I have read on this chair the manufacturer could continue making it the same way and expect different results; Einstein called that INSANITY. HOWEVER, THAT'S NOT THE ENTIRE PROBLEM... Over the next few days I tried to use the chair, but continued to have difficulty in righting the chair to the normal upright position from the full horizontal position. In fact the difficulty was so great that I strained the quadricep ligament in my right leg and ended up in the emergency room. I have been in considerable pain for a week now as a result.

My wife wanted to get a lawyer and file suit against the manufacturer; I am not pursuing that course though. As the chair is currently configured I would not recommend the chair to an enemy let alone a friend. Quality control on this item seems nonexistent, as far as the mechanicals are concerned. The leather of the chair is a very good quality, and is the chair's only saving grace IMHO. I am following through to have the chair removed from the Military PX system so fellow soldiers will not suffer the same results, by purchasing this item, as I have. IMHO this "Catnapper" as configured is good only for firewood. However, a minimum investment by the manufacturer could make this a VERY good product.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Bought Italian leather loveseat {Aria} made by Catnapper in November 2017. It started tilting on right side, I did not call on it until it got pretty bad, when I should have called much earlier. Dealer sent a tech out and found that the braces on the right side of the loveseat were missing (had never been put on at the factory). Jackson Furniture customer service said that would not be a manufacturing defect! Also said my warranty would have run out 11 days earlier but I would not have any warranty anyway because it was bought as a Clearance item which is the same as buying something as is.

So another words they could care less and I was sold on them doing anything about it. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING MADE BUY THEM AGAIN and if anyone says they are considering buying anything from them I will tell them it would be the worst buying decision they ever make if they do buy anything they make. I wish I would have known before I wasted my hard earned money on their product.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I have had the Bergamo leather Catnapper sectional less than 9 months. The cushions on the recliner I sit on have already lost any puff and I now sit on hard springs. The seams of the "leather" are placed in the worst positions so that they irritate your arms and legs and make it impossible to relax comfortably. I have gotten sciatica back pain from sitting on this allegedly comfortable recliner. I contacted Jackson because I am still within the 1 year warranty period. They basically told me to buzz off. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Paid over $3000 from Conn's HomePlus in Charlotte NC. Was told it was real leather. After 3 years it is peeling bad. Can’t believe I let you’ll talk me into paying this much for a living room set. I wouldn’t recommend Catnapper or JACKSON Furniture to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Purchased in March, by July, the seat cushion had pulled away and rolled up so that the seat was unusable. Tech finally came in August. Problem repeated in Sept. Another tech came out and said that there was nothing more he could do. Resolution finally came down today (Nov 23). They stated that it was normal wear and tear and would not be covered. A $1300 loveseat is unusable after 4 months and this is normal wear and tear???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I purchased my couch 11/17 and the couch has shorted out and because their sticker is not on the couch they will not warranty the 1 year plan. Even though Cleo's Furniture has where and when I purchased it on file. No label no warranty and it is not my fault there is no label, I did not take it off. Did not know there was suppose to be a label. They have terrible customer service. And Cleo's will not fix it either. DO NOT BUY FROM EITHER.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased a Maverick model Catnapper rocker recliner in January 2016. In less than 2.5 years, the bonded leather upholstery began peeling off in the headrest area. In the past 2 months, the peeling has accelerated and expanded to several areas of the recliner - seat, armrest and back. I contacted the manufacturer, Jackson Furniture, and got total stonewalling behind a 1 year warranty. Also contacted the store where I bought it with the same result. In over 40 years of furniture buying, I have never encountered such an inferior product, especially for the price of over $655. Their 1 year warranty is their legal protection for selling an inferior product.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

3 years old peeling like a bad sunburn. Got no satisfaction from Jackson. Did get Boscov's to get them to send a new seat. At 70 not able to install it & it is darker anyway. I don't have crap in my house. Going to get a repair kit, going to try and sell it, maybe recoup some of the $800 & off to La-Z-Boy.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

On October 2015, we bought a Catnapper loveseat and two recliners with middle console from Royals furniture in Okeechobee Florida. The service from Royals was great. We're a snowbirds in Florida 4 -5 months stay in winter. Last year October 2017 our Loveseat was peeling off and the seat was wrinkling. We talked to Royals but they said the product has been discontinued and they cannot help us anymore. Jackson Furniture has a slogan that their furniture last long and they'll stand behind it. We only used this Loveseat not even a year and piece of crap! We spend so much of money for it and didn't get our money's worth! Jackson Furniture doesn't have customer service department phone number, sucks!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Purchased a complete living room set in Sept 2013. In 2017 we started noticing tearing in the corners of the pieces. Contacted Landmark Home Furnishing in regards to the “leather warranty” that was sold to us at time of purchase. After a complete runaround we were told that the set was bonded leather and that it was not tearing, but in fact peeling. They would not cover the repairs. They also contacted the company directly and I was told that there was nothing that could be done. Since then all of my pieces are now peeling and I have to replace the entire set. Very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

The leather looking covering is peeling off of cushions, cushion backs and edges of sofa sleeper. It appears from other reviews this is common for the Brantley Bonded Leather Sleeper Sofa #4430. Apparently any warranty of product expires within one or two years. It appears you have no recourse in repairing or replacing inferior quality product.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I bought a catnapper sofa and oversized recliner. It is bonded leather. This is the worst excuse for furniture I have ever seen. The “leather” peels, the corners are coming apart and places that you sit are worn down from sitting. Isn’t that the point of a sofa? To sit on it? Bonded leather is an absolute joke. I wish I had done my research like I usually do but I didn’t. What’s worse than the $2000 worth of an eyesore in my living room is the customer service. I emailed them right when the peeling started happening. No response. Email again and again no response. Finally a response! They never received the previous emails and they archive everything. Lies. I sent a screenshot of the email trail. No response.

Finally, "It looks like you bought this 3 years ago and your issues aren’t covered." Yes, it was 3 years but if you had any sense you would see when the emails started to you. But it doesn’t matter anyways, this crap company does not cover leather peeling. Ha! Probably because you know it happens all the time because your stuff is junk! So, they will probably respond here and say “we want to make this right” to look good for other consumers, but DO NOT be fooled. They will not fix or replace or refund anything! They are thieves that took my money for their junk furniture that they do not back. I hope they treat their employees better then they treat their customers!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

We purchased our reclining sofa about 4 years ago. I’m happy with the comfort (I have a bad back) when I can recline it. The pressure is gone from my back. I am not happy with the plastic side handle that makes it recline. We had it replaced once as it broke. The repair people instructed me to pull the handle and not let it snap back. I have been able to do this for the most part. Today I went to recline and the handle broke again. I was told there may not be replacement handles available in the future. I’m not working and have no idea if I can afford to fix it. I’m not happy with my current situation.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I paid over $3000 for a living room set 3 years ago. Everyone says you get what you pay for. So I decided to go out and buy a nice set. Not sure about rest of you but $3000 was a chunk of money for me to spend. So I thought I was getting a top of line set. They told me it was real leather. Well within a few weeks the cable snapped on one of the recliners on the couch. I repaired it. Well now after 3 years the leather is peeling off in flakes. It is embarrassing for people to come over and set on our furniture. When they get up they have pieces on them. I wouldn’t recommend their leather furniture to anybody. Now I don’t have the kind of money I use to have and I have to go find another living room set. Really thought it would have lasted more than 3 years.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I need to be added to the long list of people complaining about the catnapper "leather" sofa, recliner and loveseat. Reading other reviews and seeing pictures that are identical to our same issue proves that these Jackson products should be recalled. Furniture that peels from normal weather within a few years of purchase is absolutely absurd. The furniture pieces are not cheap so you would expect them to hold up. Our pieces were purchased from Wolf furniture in Harrisburg and like the long list of everyone else, the leather is cracked and sealed and the pieces are essentially needed to be thrown in to the trash.

I'm not sure how a company can sell a product that is so poorly made. The pieces are honestly a health risk to anyone with children who can easily put the flaked off pieces of leather into their mouths. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I will pass the information on to anyone who will listen as to how poorly made these products are. Urge everyone not to shop with this company.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I am one of many who purchased a Catnapper sofa in the last few years and has experienced major wearing/peeling of the leather-look fabric. I see on this site alone (Consumer Affairs) many major complaints against Jackson Furniture (located in TN) and the Catnapper couch. All complaints have been ignored, extra warranties (like we have) have been denied and Jackson Furniture's answer (at least to our persistence) was to send more of the same defective fabric and WE would have to pay for having it reupholstered!!

I am searching for names so we can collectively come together and maybe see some positive response from Jackson Furniture. Don't... repeat... Don't purchase a Catnapper (this is a reclining couch/loveseat or single recliner)... until you research further. If we stop buying these products produced by Jackson Furniture... maybe then someone will sit up and take notice. Check out all the other complaints of this defective fabric and defective company!! On this site you will see the exact same type of photos being posted of others with the same condition couch!! If there is any way to contact any of these complainants, please advise me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Purchased Catnapper 6/2015. It is barely ever used. We have no pets or children living in home. Headrest has started to peel. Style 4101, Cover 121519. Manufactured 5/2/14. Worst product ever! My husband may recline back possibly 2x a month for about 30 minutes. Other than that this is hardly ever even sat on. We paid too much money, trusting something this expensive was going to last. Now at 3 year mark it's something I don't even want in my home. Very poor fabric, CHEAP! I would love to have this replaced or repaired but reading the warranty statement that doesn't look possible! I will never purchase from Catnapper/Jackson again, they do not stand behind the products they sell. Terribly disappointed!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Catnapper recliner leather peeling and separating. Have full warranty but they will not cover because they say skin oils cause this. Am I not suppose to sit on my $600 recliner. Would not recommend any Jackson product. Bad company, even worse warranty coverage.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Purchased the Catnapper Sofa in 08/2017 and within 5 months we had a issue on the sofa sagging on the right side. The Furniture Store we purchased it from sent us a replacement and arrived in 04/2018. When we move the Catnapper Sofa we found the reclining frame gouged our new carpet that was installed just before the furniture arrive. The Replacement Sofa has been in the house only 4 Months and the same issue and now it has damaged our floor and carpet even more. We have no kids and all I do is sit in the chair when I come home from working all day on my feet. A Rep came to our home and reviewed the furniture and as of today 08/25/2018 they stated a bent frame is not a manufacture defect and will send us a new frame but we need to pay shipping and installation which I do not agree with about their furniture!!!

Called the Rep and asked about the warranty that ended up the rep hung up on me with no return call. Called Furniture Store we purchased this furniture from and no solution or answers with only runarounds. Reading reviews on the internet and found people are having the same issue as us of sagging furniture on the same side, poor padding in the leg rest and other manufacturing issues. So presently I don't see this as not being a manufacture issue and Jackson Furniture is not honoring their warranty when you by the Product.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We purchased three beautiful pieces, one sofa and two loveseats. After a couple years the “leather” has peeled and shedded. I literally vacuum up pieces of this couch. What a huge waste of money! These were NOT cheap $300 couches! We paid $2500 for three pieces that are now useless. The store is out of business and we basically have to replace all of our living room furniture. We are beyond disappointed! While looking at a furniture store the saleslady suggested Catnapper. No. Freaking. Way will I ever buy Catnapper or Jackson furniture again. With all of the complaints on the exact same piece you would think the company would recall it. This company has been around forever, I would have thought we were buying a quality piece of furniture, not throwing $2500 down the drain.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

My wife and I purchased a leather reclining loveseat and sofa with a warranty. Due to a period of moving, the sofa was wrapped up and placed in storage (w/o a mark) for two years. The leather on the loveseat started peeling off after about a year, and upon settling into our new home, it looked like the sofa didn't fare any better as the leather was separating from the cloth backing as well. When we called to get the sofa and loveseat repaired under warranty, a person came out and looked at the furniture, took pictures, and advised us that they wouldn't repair the faulty workmanship.

The furniture is now another year older and the leather has started to peel off in such small pieces that we are constantly sweeping up little bit of leather off the hardwood floor and pieces that stick to clothing or body parts are all over the house, including the bedding. I will NEVER recommend nor purchase anything from this company again. The warranty was useless as well. I probably should've read the reviews first. In hindsight, looking at where the company address is, and as much as MAGA is a scam given where that brand originated from, I shouldn't be surprised.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Purchased two Jackson Catnapper couches from Homemakers in 2016. Leather is peeling off of both couches with no extraordinary use. No animals or kids climbing on them. We simply watch television in the evenings while sitting on the couches. They explained that the couch falling apart is "normal wear and tear". I have never heard of couches falling apart due to people sitting on them when they're only two years old. Purchased the extended warranty but apparently that does not matter either. Neither Jackson Catnapper, nor Homemakers will make it right. What kind of business is fine with manufacturing goods that fall apart with normal use after two years? This is rubbish furniture and both Jackson Catnapper and Homemakers should be ashamed for scamming people. Do yourself a favor and do not buy from these businesses.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I purchased my Catnapper leather sectional in 2014 and the material has been peeling for the last year. I still have warranty for mechanical defects but doesn’t cover material. If I would have known this would be the outcome, I would have never purchased this set. I am very disappointed and heartbroken. The sectional hardly ever gets used and now we’ve got to replace it because it is becoming an eyesore. I’ve never had to replace living room furniture in such a short time period.

Original review: July 30, 2018

We've only had this Jackson Catnapper Brantley furniture for a couple of years and it's now cracking and peeling! We purchased a sofa, loveseat, chair and ottoman and they're ALL peeling!!! Now, seeing all these reviews and people saying they all have trouble with the same thing - this is unforgivable to pay this amount of money for it to only last a couple of years is not acceptable. We need a resolution immediately from Jackson Furniture.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I used to live in Northeast Ohio and I bought what I thought was a gorgeous catnapper sectional with Chaise for $2000. I moved to Toledo Ohio taking my brand new furniture with me. Less than a year I had it I started to have issues with the structure of the large couch portion of the sectional. Found springs had came loose and curled. The braces holding the bottom broke and I have wood pieces trying to poke out the back of that portion. Stitching is coming out of all the back cushions as well. I contacted Catnapper directly and they told me they do nothing with the warranties. It’s the dealer's responsibility. I contacted the dealer. He said he couldn’t do anything for me because I had moved. He did tell me he would have his sales rep contact me to help me. I never got a call. In looking at his Facebook page, he doesn’t follow up on any of his warranty issues. People are also still waiting on product to be delivered.

I continued to contact Roger with Catnapper and now I’m getting no response at all. My warranty is now up and I’m stuck with junk. I found this site and all it sounds like is Catnapper is giving all the excuses as to why they don’t have to help customers. When I purchased my sectional it was a floor model. I was told I had all the warranties that come with Catnapper a new products. According to Catnapper the same warranties do not apply to display models. The only thing I have is a receipt, I have nothing to prove what I was told. I work for General Motors. General Motors certifies all of their dealers. When our dealers start screwing up they yank the certification from the dealer.

Catnapper shame on you for not keeping tabs on your dealers. Falsely telling consumers things that don’t apply to product being sold to make a buck. Shame on you for making an unsafe product and not doing anything to improve what’s happening. You have a ton of unhappy people posting in here. What are you doing to improve these issues? All I am seeing is grey areas that keeps you out of it and you still manufacture junk. If I did my job like you guys do people would die. You are injuring people with your product. Pictures on here prove it. Thank God I found my problem before it hurt a member of my family. Shame on you Catnapper. But you still get your money. You haven’t heard the last from me.

Resolution response: July 11, 2018

After I complained about the response to my problem the company help desk did provide additional information. They asked me for the product serial number, found what product I had and found that it was still in production so I could get replacement material. The material cannot be repaired itself, replacement is the only option. This is actual customer support and what should have happened the first time! The peeling problem still rates the product a 1 star but I will give credit to the representatives of Jackson Furniture for providing some customer support.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The furniture - a couch and a large chair were purchased four years ago. Faux leather - but not cheap - $600 each. Placed in a movie room which is not the daily family area - movies, video games, etc. sometimes a week goes by with nobody using it. A few months ago there was some flaking of the leather material but now it is really getting bad. Of course the warranty has long expired, I contacted Jackson and reply was to call a local furniture repair person and see if they could fix it and a lot of explanation was added that the warranty was out and that Jackson had no responsibility at all.

I was not expecting them to take care of a four year old product but SOMETHING would have been nice. If they could tell me the flaking could even be repaired or not would save me the cost of having a local person come out to say "Nope - can't fix it". So - terrible product - will be sure to not buy a Jackson-made furniture product again.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I purchased a Catnapper brand recliner from Howell Furniture in Beaumont Texas approximately three years ago for my home of Toledo Bend Lake, which is a second home and is not our main home. We use this recliner very little and not every day. I noticed the area where My head touches the back has leather peeling and cracking. I called the store where we purchased it because I remembered the sales lady tell us this product has a warranty with it and we bought an extended warranty. I called Howell Furniture to inquire about what could be done. I was told it was covered only for one year from the manufacturer and the extended warranty on covered accidental cuts and tears and they would charge me fifty dollars to come out to take pictures of it and forty dollars an hour. Shopping at Howell Furniture turned out not to be as good of a deal as we thought!

Original review: July 3, 2018

We bought the Jordan Sectional Sofa and are very dissatisfied with the quality of the product. My son, I guess I would say, "plopped down" on the sofa and broke it. He didn't jump on it. He just didn't set down with ease. We called Standard Furniture and told them it was broken (we had it less that 6 months at that time) and they got with the company and they sent out a person to look at it. The first guy that came out and looked at it said he wouldn't be able to fix it by himself so he took some pictures and said someone would be getting back in touch with me. When he had the bottom pulled back I could tell that the part that broke was some kind of particle board looking material.

A couple of weeks later another repair guy called and said he was coming out to look at it and I asked if he had someone with him and he said no but the first guy was probably new and couldn't fix it by himself like he could. This guy said he couldn't fix it either and that the company would either replace that part of the sectional or they would pick it up and send it off to be fixed. A couple of weeks later after not hearing from anybody we called Standard Furniture and they said the company would not fix it due to customer neglect.

So I emailed the company from their contact page (because there is no customer service number to call) to talk to them personally and checked that my preferred contact was by phone and then waited a couple of weeks and received no call or email. The second time I went back and did the same thing again and received an email this time asking me to email back with what my problem was so they could put me in touch with the correct department. But, in my comments on the 'contact us' page I said it was due to a problem with damage to the furniture.

By that time I was just frustrated and didn't want to deal with them anymore. I can understand where they see that it was our fault with it being damaged but prior to this piece of furniture we have never had problems like this. Our last two couches were Ashley and they lasted very long with no problems. With this furniture I have to constantly reposition the cushions and if anybody sits on the chase part it moves every time. It and the other cushions are held in place with a small piece of velcro that doesn't work. The stitching is fraying in different spots also. The sectional itself is pretty. We get a lot of compliments on it. But after this experience and the issues we have had I just tell people that I don't recommend them buying one. If they would have just taken the time to call me and see if we could work something out it might have been different but this will be my first and last purchase from Jackson Furniture.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I bought a Jackson chaise and loveseat in June of 2017 (4377-75 and 4377-42). In less than 2 months the frame on the loveseat cracked and broke. The arm on the chaise caved in in 2 spots, felt like it was particle board that got pushed in. I contacted the retailer, Suniland Furniture who have been wonderful, and they contacted Jackson. They eventually sent out a technician to assess the damage. When the tech lifted the loveseat part, he removed the tacking on the back and bottom and the entire frame fell out of the loveseat!! He took pictures and said, "hmmmm" a few times. I explained that the loveseat cracked when my husband sat down, he did not jump on it, plop on it, stand on it. It cracked from a regular sit. The arm of the chaise got pushed in when I was getting off of the chaise, you have to brace yourself on the arm and push to get out of the deep seated chaise that I now sank into because the frame was broken.

These defects are not from "misuse". No one has jumped on or stood on this furniture. It is absolutely ridiculous that the technician and Jackson furniture deemed these defects are from misuse. The tech put the tacking back on after he shoved the broken pieces of frame back in and sealed it up. All of these issues are under the 1 year manufacture's warranty, which obviously means NOTHING to Jackson Furniture. I didn't hear back from the company for more than a month so I called Suniland and they told me that Jackson deemed the defects were misuse. I asked Suniland to contact them again because I need to appeal that decision. This has been more than 2 months, Suniland has contacted Jackson and they were supposed to send another tech out to assess my dangerous and falling apart furniture. I still have not heard from the technician to schedule the appointment.

My hand, arm and my daughter's hand have been cut by broken pieces of wood and tacks sticking out of the broken frame. When the remote slides under the cushions like it always does, it's risking a serious injury to try to fish the remote out from under the cushions. At this point I am prepared to go to the State Deputy Attorney General who is a family member to address these issues. I also have a rather large following on social media and will be letting everyone I know about the low quality and terrible customer service with Jackson Furniture.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I purchased a "leather" living room set, a recliner, rocking love seat and reclining couch. After a few months the recliner started flaking near the headrest. I didn't pay much attention but after a year the couches and recliner show heavy wear and every cushion has lost almost all the bonded leather. Now after only a few years I have to buy a whole new set which is disappointing since I paid so much for this set. Also I have to constantly clean the flakes off the floor to keep my 10 month old from eating the pieces that continue to come off. Long story short, do not buy this product.

Jackson Furniture Industries expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Find quality sofas, recliners, sectionals, lift chairs, sleepers, accent chairs, cocktail ottomans exclusively at authorized retailers. Most items can be ordered in customized colors and fabrics.

• Features: 100% gel-infused memory foam inserts and 15-gauge heating tempered coils.

• USA-made: Created and assembled in the United States since 1933.

• Warranties: Limited lifetime warranty covers frame, springs and recliner mechanisms. 5-year warranty covers comfort seat cushions. 1-year warranty covers sleeper mechanisms and all other parts.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs