2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

aka Catnapper Furniture

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.42/5

Since 1933, Jackson Furniture has been a family-owned furniture production company with products made in the USA. Featuring Catnapper Recliners, we create furniture to live where you live. Available from dealers across the US, Jackson Furniture has made millions of customers happy over the last 75 years. We pride ourselves on our extensive testing and detail-focused production, which makes Jackson Furniture unique in the industry.

Our products include sofas, reclining sofas, sectionals, sleepers, tables, chairs, and more!

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Jackson Furniture Industries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Furniture Industries?

Original review: June 24, 2020

The materials that are used on their furniture is crap and they will not stand behind their product. My furniture is 6 years old and they more less said, "Can’t help. Good Luck." The furniture fabric is peeling up which was suppose to have been leather and is not! I tried to see if they would recover or what they could do to help with it and they're doing nothing. I will never ever buy from this company ever again! Furniture is suppose to last more than 6 years when you pay over $2,000 for 2 couches.

Original review: June 13, 2020

After 7 months the back cushions are flat and sagging and seat cushions squeekig when sit. Should not happen. Looks like I have had furniture for years. I spent alot of money. Please help and fix this.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2020

For the same price as Jackson/Catnapper pieces, you could go to Ashley and get something made twice as cheaply. The frames of Jackson/Catnapper are all steel-reinforced with a limited lifetime warranty, the cushions have thick inner coil springs with a limited lifetime warranty, and all the recliner mechanisms have a limited lifetime warranty. The cushions are second to none when it comes to retaining their shape and the company themselves are the most excellent when it comes to claims.

Original review: May 26, 2020

We bought 4 recliners in the past year. Two of these have already broken. The reclining mechanism is very cheaply made. These were fabric, non-electric recliners. We purchased two different models--one of each has broken.

Original review: April 27, 2020

The recliner broke down 5 months after we bought it. We had it repaired and within a month it was broke down again. I did not call back to have it fixed again because customer service was so rude on the phone and the day they came out to fix it. The guy seemed mad because he had to fix it I don’t know if it was because Of that or because he had to train his helper. Worst piece of furniture I have ever bought. I’m out of a lot of money and still making payments on it. It’s going to the dump and I’ll have to shop for a new one. How can anyone sell something so horrible quality. Makes me sad.

Original review: April 4, 2020

My sofa was less than 2 yrs old and the material started crumbling off the back. I have the two seater reclining sofa. I could have bought a real leather sofa for what I paid for this one. The sales lady told me it was better.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Bought 2 Catnapper recliners from PC Richards. Warranty is limited lifetime on frame. Both PC Richards and Catnapper/Jackson are the worst with customer service. Chairs are put together with staples and small little scraps of wood. The arm of the chair separated from the body rendering the chair useless. We had a repairman come out and said it was covered under warranty. However he didn't leave us any paperwork with his phone number or name and now no one knows who it was that came out or won't tell us. PC Richards is saying we have to pay for another repairman to come out and pay for repair. What!!! Catnapper is saying PC Richards is handling it. I have always had recliners some 20 years old and did better than these recliners for a 3rd of the price. Never will buy anything from Jackson or PC Richards ever again.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I purchased a catnapper recliner 15 months ago. The reclining mechanism had to be replaced after 6 months. Shortly after the warranty expired this thing fell apart. The two center springs snapped in the middle. In case you are wondering I weigh 195 lbs. The locking mechanism in the closed position failed a few weeks ago. Nothing but junk, I never thought in my wildest dreams I would say this. You are better off at Rooms to Go but make sure what you are purchasing wasn't made by these people.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I bought the Grant sofa and after a year the springs were sticking through the cushions. The decorative stitching is came apart after a few months. The zipper is broke on one cushion. We are not rough on furniture and do not have small children. Our last sofa, not a Jackson, lasted 15 years. I will never buy another piece of Jackson furniture. Farmers Furniture wasn’t aware of the warranty on my Jackson sofa, so I’m 4 days out of my warranty and Jackson doesn’t care. Do yourself a favor and don’t buy Jackson. Will not last.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Purchased lift chair 1 year ago. Just paid off chair. Is sagging to left side! When reclined sits very bad. Can't believe this! I live on social security so was a strain on my budget. But have bought catnapper in past and was good furniture. I am sorry to say this was a bad buy! Still have tags on chair.

Jackson Furniture Industries author review by ConsumerAffairs

Find quality sofas, recliners, sectionals, lift chairs, sleepers, accent chairs, cocktail ottomans exclusively at authorized retailers. Most items can be ordered in customized colors and fabrics.

• Features: 100% gel-infused memory foam inserts and 15-gauge heating tempered coils.

• USA-made: Created and assembled in the United States since 1933.

• Warranties: Limited lifetime warranty covers frame, springs and recliner mechanisms. 5-year warranty covers comfort seat cushions. 1-year warranty covers sleeper mechanisms and all other parts.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team