IKEA

• 5%
  • 1%
  • 75%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2023

I was pushed into buying a e-gift card in order to complete an online purchase. They took my $641 to buy the gift card. Never delivered the e-gift card. I after numerous phone calls and 3 trips to the store, I completed the purchase in the store with American Express. They never gave me the gift card. They took my money both for the merchandise I purchase at the store and online for the gift card which was never delivered. They are telling me I must contact QVC to get a refund. “What?! Who?!” QVC does not answer the phone either. I never dealt with QVC. I only ever dealt with IKEA who intentionally stole my money and has no desire to resolve this matter. I just want my $641 back. Not a credit, not a gift card. Just cold hard cash will be the only acceptable resolution to this matter. This was 100% premeditated intentional fraud.

Reviewed July 28, 2023

Customer support - VERY BAD. I asked to cancel Sofa from my order, but it was too late. It had to be delivered and then refused. I tried, but delivery boys brought some parts of that sofa into my house and rejected my refusal request. But some parts of sofa were actually refused (#1) - it was July 10th. Then I had to order pickup for return for the rest of sofa parts (#2). I received refund for #2, but I still did not get my refund for #1. According to CS agent, "According to our database those items were not returned yet". I am waiting starting from July 10th for the refund and now I am told that... there is no estimated time for refund because it's a special case. Really?? this is your special case, I don't care how you deal with your delivery company. Please return my money. I already did 20 phone calls to IKEA customer support. Can you make this refund happen??

Reviewed July 14, 2023

The chair is nice, however, parts were missing. I bought 2 of these chairs but the legs for them were not in the boxes. I went online chat but was told that's just for online purchases and to go back to the store. I drove all the way back to the store where they gave me the legs for one chair but had to order legs for the second chair to be delivered by regular mail. They only sent the front legs. I called and they said they were sending the back legs which never arrived. I called again. They didn't have a record of my prior call, but stated the store would get back with me. No one ever got back to me.

I message IKEA on Facebook, they said I should have just ordered spare parts via the website, but that they will be be sent by regular mail and to be patient. It's been over a month since the purchase, I don't know how to be more patient than I've been. They have no followup customer service policy and just try to give customers the run around without resolving the issue. Maybe I'll get to use my chair some day.

Reviewed July 14, 2023

IKEA lost the chair in their store that I had purchased to be delivered. They delivered my couch only but said the chair would arrive a separate day. It never arrived so I called and got such poor service that I told them to issue a refund. Still awaiting 2.5 weeks later for my refund. Spoken to several people and several hours on hold with several hangups to just be screwed around to get my money back. Poor organization and service with no regard for customers. Makes Rogers look good comparatively.

Reviewed June 22, 2023

Rude. Incompetent. No respect for customers!! Yelling and screaming at employees, I asked her for directions in store she refused because she was talking on her cell! She made our experience horrible and won’t be back.

Reviewed May 22, 2023

On an order of over $700 several items were missing (legs for desk tops) and I received four desk tops instead of the two I ordered and paid for, and some electronic things I did not order. Speaking with Chanel and then Patrice in customer service was long periods on hold with no productive outcome. Plus, the person from Taskrabbit through IKEA I hired to assemble everything did not show up nor cancel. Fortunately, as it turned out. I am returning everything. This is both my first and last experience shopping at IKEA.

Reviewed May 20, 2023

Pathetic customer service; Very bad experience with Ikea Product and Customer Care Department. I was on the call with them more than 2 hours and every other department is transferring me another department for help. Nobody knows how to resolve the Customer query. If your Credit card is approved, you don't even receive a single email saying the "Congratulations, you are approved and you can generate your temporary credit card here". Order department can't place the order on your behalf with the credit card details on file. Credit Card Department don't even know how to generate the temporary credit card details for customer. Very very bad customer experience with Ikea.

Reviewed May 20, 2023

Ordered a kitchen table online for my daughter who lives out of state. Table arrives damaged. I have no phone number in my email order to call. Go around in circles trying to find someone to help me. Never actually speak to a person. Was told in their FAQ section that if there’s a problem with an item, I need to pay return shipping…on THEIR damaged item! My daughter loads this big table in their tiny car and drives an hour to the store. There she get a merchandise credit card and has to go pick out the table again and rebuy it. Worst customer service I have ever seen. I buy a lot of stuff online. First time buying online from Ikea and LAST time buying from them!

Reviewed May 17, 2023

In February I bought kitchen cabinets from them. I was given a delivery date of March 3. It is now May 16 and I'm starting to get partial deliveries... and wrong ones. After MULTIPLE calls from March 3-May 3, with multiple promises of delivery dates (at least 5), on May 3 I called them and chose to cancel the fronts because that is what was holding the delivery up. I was promised an approximately $800 refund for not getting the fronts and a complete delivery by 5/9. NEITHER has happened. They keep sending me to their "reconciliation department" where I am given more promises of what will be done. None of which have been done. At this point, I've requesting my credit card company to pull back payment and demanding they come pick up their partial and wrong deliveries for a 100% refund. I'd pay double to get cabinets from a reputable company rather than return to Ikea again.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed May 12, 2023

Difficult to find availability. IKEA ads showing up on Facebook about kitchen cabinet doors but when click the ad and on Ikea site that door not available. What's the point showing door if it's not available for at least 6 weeks. Other items delivered but missing key items so can't assemble on kitchen. When I went to return some Broken items in delivery I have to wait 2 hours on return. Afternoon return money didn't came down weeks. I have to call and then ask again. A complete horrible experience for me.

Reviewed May 12, 2023

We ordered the kitchen from IKEA and it was delivered with a lot of missing items, wrong items and one cabinet damaged. We paid for delivery. I opened the case for replacement of the damages, and as per reps the item was opted off. I waited a month and called every 2-3 days with no luck. The constructors found other missing items and we decided to order it and not start the case. Paid for delivery again. I found the broken cabinet in the Brooklyn location and asked the manager at the customer service for replacement with a still open case. She was extremely nasty and refused to exchange the item, meaning take the broken part and deliver it new. She told us we need to pay the delivery a third time!!! We can't do it. The manager is the worst possible manager I ever saw.

Reviewed April 29, 2023

Per the policies on the Ikea website, "If you're not totally satisfied with your IKEA purchase you can return new and unopened products within 365 days, together with your proof of purchase, for a full refund. You may also return open products within 180 days, with your proof of purchase, for a full refund." I called IKEA and requested to return a mattress that I purchased from them. I was told that FedEx will come to pick up today. No one came or call. And when I tried to call Ikea, they put me on hold for more than 1 hour and 30 minutes. Why do you promise to do your job and waste my time calling you if you were not going to return the item I bought not 1 month ago. Very disappointed!

Reviewed April 26, 2023

The issue that I experienced was the local Ikea (Burbank, CA) is refusing to accept my returns. Per the policies on the Ikea website, "If you're not totally satisfied with your IKEA purchase you can return new and unopened products within 365 days, together with your proof of purchase, for a full refund. You may also return open products within 180 days, with your proof of purchase, for a full refund."

I purchased kitchen items December 5, 2022 and I was not satisfied with their quality after using them once or twice. The items returned were plates, utensils, jugs, and containers. I went to the local Ikea at Burbank, CA to return them on April 17, 2023 at approximately 5:30 pm. Please note that these items are well within the 180 days for open items per the Ikea policies. I had my receipt for quick return, the items were in excellent condition. However, the associate at the return area was giving us the hardest time after waiting a long time in the return line. Also, the manager (Dan) refused to take the return stating that these items were opened and they only accept unopened and unused items. Please note that the manager only glanced at the amount of items I returned, he did not check which items were used and which items were not used.

My time and money were wasted, not to mention feeling deceived because the Ikea employees do not adhere to the written policies. I have called the Ikea resolution team several time, and they have advised me to reach out to corporate Ikea. I contacted corporate Ikea only to received an automated general response stating:

"Thank you for contacting IKEA Corporate Relations. Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. At IKEA, we pride ourselves in our efforts to provide consistency throughout our entire organization, while being guided by the vision of providing a better life for the many people.As such, we reviewed and investigated this matter. According to our records and findings, the return decision in questions was valid as it was based on our policies and procedures. Our policy states the following: We do not accept returns on plants, cut fabric, customer countertops and as-is products."

The items to be returned were not plants, fabric, modified, dirty or damaged. Half of these items were not even used. I’m not sure what kind of "investigation" they have done, when they don’t even have the products with them to ensure what their employee said were to be true. It is all based on opinions of your employees. Utterly speechless. I am never shop at this business ever again. They are mislead and deceiving.

Reviewed April 3, 2023

Good products. The worst Customer services and Shipping personnel. Terrible, frustrating. Waiting for long periods on the phone, nobody to help available, packing glass containers without any material in between (they cracked) ...Shameful!

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed March 4, 2023

I purchased from IKEA in 2017 on July 31st for $600. To my disappointment, the sofa bed completely broke down after only 7 years of use. The main structure of the sofa bed broke, even though I didn't use it as a bed every day, only a few times, and mainly used it as a sofa. Despite contacting customer service at least 10 times over the course of 2 months, I was still told that my sofa bed was not covered by warranty, and they would not offer any compensation or discount coupons. I believe a sofa is not a small item, and a $600 sofa should last for many years, not just 7 years before it completely breaks down. This has made me concerned about the quality of IKEA's products.

Price

Reviewed March 2, 2023

I recently purchased a divan bed from IKEA and I'm very happy with my purchase. The bed was easy to assemble and feels very sturdy. It's also very comfortable to sleep on, and I love the storage space that comes with the divan base. Overall, I would highly recommend IKEA's divan bed for anyone looking for a comfortable and functional bed at an affordable price.

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2023

I bought couch for my son's new Brooklyn apt. Paid close to 1000. Less than a year the couch is garbage and should be thrown out since Ikea is not doing anything. Everywhere else would be exchange or return or refund. Not Ikea. I will never buy any furniture from Ikea again. NOT WORTH IT. YOU PAY MORE AT THE END AND GET LESS. They should be ashamed. They do not stand buy their merchandise.

Staff

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2023

This was my worst experience to enter an IKEA store in Bolingbrook, IL. Once you enter thru the escalators they will parade you throughout the whole store, both levels with NO Easy Way OUT. I had to ask for help from staff over 4 times to find the EXIT. If you bought anything, you will have to carry around thru the entire store, every aisle, to reach the Payment counter. I do not recommend anyone to go thru what I had to endure the pain of walking and frustrated to get out of this place.

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2023

I ordered a a week ago from Ikea. No movement since then. If you order something online will will be waiting a while. I would not recommend this company. Slow at shipping stuff out. I have never waited this long before.

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2023

I ordered a product from IKEA and the product is showing as delivered, however I never received and I've been trying for 4 days to get an answer of what happened, talked to more than 10 people - have the names of all of them, and have been on the phone for hours. I'm getting to a point I'm giving up. I don't have the product and I don't have my money. As far as I can remember that's the worst experience ever purchasing an item.

Reviewed Jan. 2, 2023

I have been on the phone two-three hours a day with reps about a return. That is when they try to help. Some have hung up, lied, told me things that weren't true, told me they would get a manager to call and it doesn't happen. I AM SO FRUSTRATED!! God help me, I will never shop at Ikea again. I'm now going to the better business bureau.

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2022

Never buy anything especially malm bed frame from IKEA. Please, please, they are liars and the product is not a good material and the refund policy are full of lies....Ikea is very deceptive about how they can get money from customers and after that, your problem with their product is not or none of their business and you will waste money and will need to go buy from elsewhere...I regretted the very day I heard about this fake company...Please, both actual and potential customers, go elsewhere. Don't ever buy anything from ikea Please if you want value for your money.

Staff

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2022

Avoid working at this store. The supervisors are dishonest and lie about good people in order to terminate them. Many wrongful termination lawsuits are pending. Many of the workers do not speak English and are unable to communicate truthful occurrences, or are set up by supervisors to lie about other workers. This is an extremely toxic environment.

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2022

Was told they had all of the parts for a king size bed, except one. They were temporarily out of stock on the slats that hold up the mattress. Went back the next day and they were still out. Went back the next week and they were still out of stock. Went back 4 times and they were still out of stock. Customer service is worthless, The store manager is invisible and cannot be reached. There are no published telephone numbers or email addresses. After sleeping on the floor for 2 months I am getting use to it. Don't get suckered into buying an incomplete bed. If they are missing one small part, take a pass and buy your bed somewhere else. Not worth the run around by IKEA.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2022

IKEA - Merriam, Kansas. I paid for a measure and then spent several hours "designing" the kitchen instore with an Ikea sales rep. Only then did I find out that they don't install and can't even recommend anyone who can install. What???? Putting together an entire Ikea kitchen isn't exactly in a normal person's wheelhouse. This was very disingenuous. Customers should be told UPFRONT that they don't install and don't have anyone that does. Trying to find a contractor who was willing to build all the cabinets and install was impossible so I'm now stuck looking elsewhere. I was ripped off for a $79 kitchen measure, as well as all the time I WASTED on this. I expect better from IKEA.

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2022

I purchased 2 twin beds from IKEA on October 07, 2022 and paid the extra fee for an October 09, 2022 delivery. Part of the order was the wrong color and I called customer service that same day and was told the correct pieces would be shipped to me. The next day I received an email saying they cannot ship the pieces and would have to return the parts to the store. But I paid for delivery. Each time I called I was given a new case number and delivery date. Almost three weeks later I have 11 case numbers and many no show deliveries until I called PayPal and finally I have furniture. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CLOWNS.

Reviewed Oct. 21, 2022

Bought MICKE table.
    - very long time for installation
    - incorrect parts alignment
    - screws are not fitting properly
    - desk is not firm
    - dangerous for kids

- can fell anytime

Never expected from Ikea like company. Useless, delayed Customer support. Do not buy any soft wood furniture from Ikea.

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2022

We've been burned a few times by Ikea - first a couch that was made of such soft wood that the screws tore out of the frame within days. This picture is a bookshelf from them and to be fair we've had it a couple years now but once again the cheapest of every possible feature so that it fell apart today with a massive crash. Clearly not a fan of Ikea.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2022

Get an 'assigned' delivery date, they tell you to be home for, then you take the day off work only to find out 'Oh, that's not a guaranteed date'...because now they switched over their 'intended' delivery svc to fedex and while their site STILL says 'arrives today' you go to fedex and they don't even HAVE IN HAND your order yet! So you WASTE more time doing an Ikea chat to ask, is it coming today or not? (You would THINK SOMEONE THERE could just find out if the order has been handed off to a fedex co. yet or not?), but all you get back is their idiotic more TIME WASTING 'how are you' bot comments, and then you wait for a reply only to have them repeat all the info you already got online on your own, but was USELESS to finding out WHEN it is coming?!

WHY BOTHER having a chat system if all they do is READ off the same info from your acct that you can see yourself (and can't even answer as to why their site STILL shows it as delivering TODAY when fedex is showing 'waiting for pkg handoff'??).. Bad enough Ikea raising their prices to insane levels (well past using gas increase as an EXCUSE for squeezing more money out of people for stuff you have to then build yourself anyway...with most of it being nothing but cheap PRESSBOARD anyway!), and then they can't even get their act together to offer you SOME SORT of UPDATE that MAKES SENSE?? Won't be shopping them again anytime soon! (Sometimes it's the WRONG stores that GO UNDER!)

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2022

Complete garbage company. Placed an order on Tuesday (Order #422295134) only because it said it would be delivered on Friday. The item shipped on Saturday. Never arrived. Shipped again 2 more times. Never arrived. Called customer support 3x and all 3 times the line cutoff. When I finally did speak with a support representative without getting cutoff they told me to just wait some more. I'm dedicating my day today to leaving negative feedback on every possible site I can.

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2022

IKEA Delivery Process is unnecessarily complicated even with the massive amount of communications about delivery being on the way. When the driver came, he called but I was at work. I called back 2 mins later confirming the delivery. IKEA called me later saying it was cancelled, which I told them no I reschedule with the driver, no worries. I thought everything was good until I called the driver: IKEA hasn't called him to confirm that he can deliver. Called IKEA, got transferred twice. When the person from IKEA finally call the delivery company, he was already far away from my address. So complicated and frustrating. Will never order from them again.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2022

Ordered an item for deliver 9/19 and set the date based on when I would be home. Received confirmation email it would come 2 days earlier. Called to ensure scheduling was going to be on day I could be available to receive as it will not be delivered if I am not present. That went well. Kudos to Chrystal. Night before delivery at 7:35pm - Text received my order would arrive between 11am & 1pm next day as scheduled. YAY! Next morning (delivery day) text received 8:02am - delivery is now expected between 1pm & 5pm. Bummer, I had plans, but can adjust. At least it's on its way! 1:05pm - text received, your delivery will arrive in approximately 15 minutes. ~1:45pm they are here.

The drivers attempt to deliver another person's order. If I had not looked at the paperwork attached to the box, someone else would have been very unhappy about not getting their items. Delivery guys say, "Your stuff isn't in the truck. I don't know why they left it in our GPS to come to your home. I don't know why they did not contact you. Look at my handwritten note that says your item was missing and not put on the truck before we left the warehouse early in the morning. You need to call the store." No apologies, no thank you for catching our mistake. Hey, we live in a world where accountability seems to be lost on many people. I've accepted this. Moving on.

Call the 'store' - WAIT! You cannot actually contact the store! I call the 1-888.... number, go through the automated prompts, and finally get to talk with Charlene. She was mortified about the delivery mishap and that I did not receive any notification the delivery was going to not happen and that there was any issue. She transferred me to escalation, because she couldn't see anything on her end on the computer. She was delightful and really seemed to care about getting me the help I needed. She even insisted that I get a case number from the next person. That person was Brian. All he wanted to do was reschedule. He was resistant to giving me a case number as Charlene insisted that I ask for.

Brian had no details on why the delivery was delayed or missing. He only wanted to reschedule and call it good. I don't think Brian really is that invested in making sure my case got 'escalated'. I rescheduled, anyway and got my case number after becoming 'pushy'. Funny thing, during the lengthy phone call and hold times with Brian, I got notification from Ikea in the form of an email and text that I should call them because my delivery failed!

Fast forward one week to the new delivery time/date. I received that 4-hour window text the night before to confirm my order was on its way. WOO-HOO! It's coming. Being without our sofa for a week wasn't so bad. New delivery date morning is here, and I'm super excited, until for no reason in particular, I decided to check my email. There is an email from the delivery service that my order was delayed. At least they contacted me this time even if it wasn't a call or text (why did they need my phone number again?). No reason given or communication to even contact IKEA.

I contact IKEA and again go through the automated system and finally speak to Cynthia who makes me verify all my information again, and she tells me there is a note saying it is still scheduled for delivery on the same day and time. She transferred my call to Patrice in Resolutions. (Again, both women were delightful and patient.) I again confirm all my information, email, phone number, name, order number, case number, address... And she decides to reschedule my delivery as well. Wait a second, this feels a little like my conversation Brian a week ago. I asked Patrice if there is any way she can ensure the delivery will happen as scheduled and that the item I ordered is actually in stock because I looked up the website and it says it is. (I really was looking at it right then. What else do you do when you get put on hold so many times?)

Patrice explained to me that she was chatting (like a messenger app on the computer) with the delivery team. They were going to be able to deliver it on the date I needed. I asked her if she was sure the warehouse even had my item since the delivery team is a 3rd party company. Turns out Patrice cannot contact the warehouse or store the item is supposed to come from to ensure it's really in stock. WHAT???

I ended up canceling my order. If there is no way for the call center people to contact the warehouse people directly to ensure items are in stock, then the system is completely ineffective. Even better, the almost $1000 that they charged for my order and took out literally within seconds will take 7 - 14 days to be returned. The only guarantee I have so far is the handwritten case number she told me to take down over the phone. It sure would be nice to get an email confirmation that I had to cancel my order, and some sort of statement showing the money will be returned. Am I asking too much?

CoveragePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2022

My wife is a fan of Ikea and has been on the odd shopping trip to Murcia so when she decided we needed new dining room furniture, that's where it came from. The table and chairs were quite good and the other unit was Havsta Combi Armario which is a white painted wood unit (2 piece with glass doors). I reluctantly had to agree it looked quite good.

However, after a few months brownish/yellowish marks started to appear all over and we couldn't figure out what it was. Seemed like some sort of reaction to sunlight (we had used nothing to clean it so couldn't have been that). I contacted them via Twitter and they were very helpful and responsive and immediately arranged replacements after seeing the photos (more bloody assembly). The replacement arrived slightly damaged but we accepted as no marks. But, 2 months later the marks started to appear again, some worse than before. I had already told them that I suspected it was something in the process, maybe a coating or glue to cover defects prior to painting.

Now, being pretty pissed off, I sent more photos and the explanation came back, as it's natural wood you have to expect this (resin coming out of the wood).

So, if anyone is considering buying painted wood units from Ikea, best keep them out of the light. We'll have to repaint as you can see from just this one photo of one mark.

Here's their explanation word for word. "We have checked the problem with our quality colleagues. They tell us that the HAVSTA furniture is made of solid, natural wood and that the yellowish stains come from the resin in the wood. Furthermore, as you can see in the photos, it is more likely that they are coming out of the wood grain. If the furniture is exposed to a lot of sunlight, it takes less time for the stains to appear. Therefore, we do not consider this to be a quality defect, but rather a natural part of the wood. Good day!"

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2022

A month after ordering my order still has not been delivered. When I call customer service they cannot reship or cancel because the order is in process. I have never heard so may excuses in my life. DO NOT buy from IKEA,.

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2022

Bought a couch... Paid for same day delivery. Couch was not delivered. USELESS.. I want a refund on the couch, I want a refund on the delivery. ** hopeless. I will never spent another penny in this ** store. I don't care if I have to pay 3x the amount elsewhere.

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2022

Ikea has the worst delivery I have ever seen. We are moving to new apartment and Ikea is supposed to deliver bed stuff to us today. We wait for them the whole day. But they never made and parents over 70 have to sleep on floor.

Reviewed Aug. 26, 2022

We ordered a MALM bed with two nightstands plus a mattress (All PAID ahead of time). This was scheduled for delivery to my daughter's apt in Bloomington, IN. We got a text saying one nightstand was out of stock, so the day before delivery we called IKEA and made sure what was in delivery and if it would deliver (bed, nightstand, mattress) so day of delivery I drove two hours to Bloomington to help daughter assemble daughter took off two classes. The thing is only the mattress delivered... Wife called them and found out they gave away our order. Not to mention the Fishers, IN MANAGER was very rude and refused to help with anything. They have no CUSTOMER SUPPORT SYSTEM, didn't care we didn't get delivery

Reviewed Aug. 16, 2022

Ordered TV unit and shoe rack from IKEA online. Paid for delivery and assembly. Product was suppose to be delivered and assembled on 10th Aug between 1-4pm. Till 4:45pm did not hear anything from the delivery team, at roughly around 5pm received a call that they are coming to deliver the item. They reached around 5;15pm and then said that due to time restrictions now they can't assemble the item and the customer care will call to fix time for tomorrow.

For next two days did not receive any call then by the end of the day on Friday called the customer care and believe me it's not that easy to get through their line it always seems to be busy. Anyway it's a very pathetic service till today that is 16th of August my assembly is still not done. They have sent a damage piece and now it's gonna take few more days for them to replace it and then get it assembled. Till then my living room will be in mess. ALL THANKS TO IKEA AND THIER TERRIBLE SERVICE AFTER THE CUSTOMER HAS MADE THE PAYMENT.

Reviewed Aug. 14, 2022

I purchased the Linanas sofa, which was delivered. After a few days, it was clear that this sofa did not fit my needs and is not very comfortable. I had to go into the store to pay a pick up fee to return it, as it wouldn't fit into my vehicle. Because I work, I was told I could get a later window for pick up. After several attempts to get a window where I could be there, I received notification for a 3-7 PM, which I jumped on and accepted through the text they sent. It confirmed and stated "Thank you". Immediately following, I got another text saying my window was 9AM - 1PM. I tried to reach someone, anyone, to explain why this wouldn't work due to my work schedule.

I will fast forward past endless phone calls where customer service, escalation, and the store do not seem to have a line of communication with one another. I made a pick up appointment for Saturday, 8/13. I waited for any sort of text confirmation or window, to have an idea of when I needed to be home. I started calling the store, asking for any information, and they informed me that the pick up would call 30 minutes before and that was all the notice I would get. I continued to wait. Hours later, I called back to see confirm this was still going to happen. I was given some sort of excuse that "someone" canceled my pick up. I was then told to call customer resolution the following day, and that is when I hit what I thought was a breaking point. After speaking with a manager and back to John, who set up the Saturday pick up, I was told I would have one on Sunday.

It is 5:30PM on Sunday 8/14. I have spent my entire weekend waiting on something yet to happen. I cannot get a call back from the Orlando Ikea, despite THREE calls where I was promised each time that someone would get "right back to me". I received some cryptic email stating I could not be reached - which is interesting, since my phone number is on all my paperwork, the same one used to contact me previously, and also the one I give to confirm my identity with them each time. I was then told the case was marked resolved. How is that even possible?

I cannot say enough about how poor the customer service is with Ikea. I do not think I've ever been lied to or treated so poorly by any company. My time clearly has no value and at no level has anyone taken any responsibility for this mess. Sure, Ikea's return policy looks great, until you actually try to use it. I've purchased many things from Ikea, but that comes to an end now.

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2022

Ikea should know better. When I complained to Ikea, they told me Ikea Mallorca was not Ikea. Well then don't sell your name to incompetents. You are to blame for what Ikea Mallorca does. Otherwise, tell them to stop using your name. Absolutely disgusting after-sales service here on the Island of Mallorca. Another two month wait for a mattress. I told my daughter not to buy from Ikea. But she didn't listen. I waited almost two months for mine.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2022

If I could I would give Ikea no stars. Full kitchen order put in November 2021. Multiple late deliveries, I think because they contract it out. When I say late, I mean by a couple of hours. Ordered a wall oven with our kitchen at a price of $1492 but since they were out of stock we were not able to get it. The oven is going to be discontinued in January....and guess what....it went from $1492 to over $1900. This is seriously some bullcrap....sorry blood pressure getting high. Waiting on last piece (wall oven) with a delivery between 11-3pm. As I type this, it's currently 438pm. It is what is at this point, 9 months of horrible service! Call center personnel are OK, they only can do so much. I forgot, they don't transfer items from store, another WTF. TAKE HEED TO THIS WARNING....they are good for small items, but large items like full kitchen....DO NOT DO IT! I'm done venting, hope this info help your decision.

Reviewed July 23, 2022

I paid the extra fee for the delivery company to bring my Ikea couch upstairs into my apartment. I took the day off work and they left it on the porch with no phone call and then never came back and said I signed for it. They not only didn’t provide the service I needed and paid for but then lied and said I signed for the delivery to be left on the porch.

Reviewed July 19, 2022

I purchased a King comforter yesterday evening (7/17/22) and returned it the very next day because I washed it before using and the seams fell apart. They refused to accept my return even though I have not used it, just washed it before using. IKEA says once you wash it, it can't be returned. In this day of COVID and pandemic, do they actually think consumers would purchase a comforter and use it without washing it first? Absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. Do better than this to stop the COVID spread, IKEA! You owe this to your customers and community. You have lost me as a customer, not to mention family, friends, and those who may read this review and think twice about purchasing. Do Better IKEA.