IKEA

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went to Ikea for an inexpensive couch. Found what I needed. Went to fill out the forms and handed over my Amex. I was told that I could not pay there but that I had to go to the checkout. "Well where is that," I asked. I was told to go down the stairs and follow the arrows. Well the arrows just kept going and going. I understood quickly that I was being FORCED to go through the whole store AGAINST my will, so I turned around and got myself back to the beginning. Then I tried to exit. I was at this point NOT going to buy from IKEA.

I could not out. I started to feel imprisoned and claustrophobic and I started to have an anxiety attack. I walked over to a counter with Ikea employees and asked if I could get out because I was feeling trapped. They pushed a button and I was out. "Whoa...!" is all I can say about this horrific experience. I believe Ikea is Swedish owned and that Sweden is a socialist country which basically dictates how people should live and that's totally against my American idea of being to enter and leave an establishment at my will. I will NEVER set foot into Ikea again!

Buying from Ikea is like buying from a yard sale. Looks cheap, but the terrible customer service, the time you spend assembling and fixing errors, and the loss due to a horrible warranty program make other option much better. If you want cheap furniture, buy Craigslist.

I am disgusted with my experience in the restaurant. The hot dog I had had mold on it and my chips were cold. The service time was very long and the hygiene was not up to standard. I am very disappointed.

After being delivered the wrong items in the boxes (items were labeled wrong), I have been trying to get IKEA to replace the item. They never returned my email. I have spoken to 2 customer service people who have both given me case #'s which one of them said the first case was already closed, even though I had not done anything with the merchandise. They suggested I drive 75 miles to the nearest store and bring the boxes back (I had paid the $150 delivery fee). I told them no, I'd like to have them pick up the wrong box and replace with the new box.

They told me that there was a system error when trying to arrange this, and I have to wait for someone to call me back. I asked if I could just dump the desk back on them and get a total refund, and they said, "Yes, you can bring it to the store and someone will help you." No guarantee on what that means. I think they are the worst, most unhelpful, or apologetic people in the industry. Never shopping there again. Buyer beware.

We spend 40 minutes discussing our order in this store, paid for everything, scheduled an appointment for delivery. However, when our order came, we found out that everything was wrong: the size, the color... Calling them and trying to resolve this problem is an impossible task. Will never buy there again. The only good thing is that we can get credit card involved.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

I purchased a kitchen and countertop through IKEA Canada in Montreal. They subcontracted the countertop to a Quebec company called Summum Granit. This company has changed my delivery 3 times in a row without even informing me. Every time I called them they gave me a new delivery date. I don't know when I will have my counter yet and it looks like they have a contagious memory loss with Mr. ** who forgot he had given me an appointment on this Thursday Nov. 17, then forgot another appointment for me on Friday Nov. 18. Now he has given me an appointment on Nov 21. But who knows if he still remembers?

Thankfully, we had no issues with delivery, arrived on time and everything we ordered. We ordered from Burlington, Ontario store. But putting some of the pieces together takes some who likes Sudoku. It's not that the work is hard, it is the instructions that are either hard to figure out or don't make sense. I was putting together a cabinet with five drawers. The instructions for the cabinet do not show any drawers. You have to open all the drawer packages in order to get out the drawer guides and attach them to the sides of the cabinet BEFORE you finish putting it together. Otherwise, it is a real pain in the butt trying to attach them after. You also have to guess where you attach the drawer guides.

Hinges they sent with a couple of the cabinets are 150 degree hinges so they open wider but they are not fully adjustable and wouldn't work. Return, replace.

Same with metal support brackets. Countertop company said they are not strong enough, return, replace for other strips of metal at a scandalous price. I would have used wood had I known.

Corner cabinet. Again, instructions backwards. Best to assemble left side then move in place, assemble turnstile, then assemble rest of cabinet around it. I glue every wooden connection especially if you are putting a heavy countertop on it. Metal hanging brackets -- we used them for upper cabinets but you will need them for lower cabinets unless you want to block back of lower cabinets with wood and screw into studs. Plastic legs -- ridiculous -- don't stay. Every cabinet door seems to have extra holes which are confusing and unsightly. I glued them. Even then will come off cabinets. Only thing on a plus is they are adjustable. Sink cabinet too weak for most sinks. Kitchen island, you are on your own. We built wooden platform for ours.

Mind me for swearing - but this is the most horrible ** delivery service I have ever experienced in my entire life. I would've given 0 if I was able to. It's surprising that whichever delivery service IKEA is partnering with in Chicago area is still able to maintain the partnership and their business. I would never ever pay for their delivery service again.

I went to my Ikea location a few weeks ago on Saturday afternoon to find out that one of the pieces of furniture I wanted for my bedroom was sold out. The associate working in the department showed me on his screen it would be restocked and in stock on the following Tuesday, (only 3 days). I had to come back on Wednesday instead and was then told it's out of stock until Saturday. I had foot surgery the previous week and was already exhausted from my unnecessary 2 trips, now finding out I would need to take a 3rd. When I came back on that Saturday the item was in stock and I placed my order for delivery & assembly service. I placed the time slot for 1-5pm on the following Monday.

Around 1pm the items were delivered and I expressed to the delivery man they needed to be assembled as I was charged $159 for assembly. The delivery man expressed he was only there to deliver there will be another person doing the assembly Service. After waiting at home from 1-6pm (giving them an extra hour to show up) I finally called to check my assembly service ETA. I was then told there was no assembly service on my order, although I was charged, the assemble team was never notified. I was then told I had to wait an extra 2 days for them to assemble the merchandise because it was too late to have it assembled the next day. This being none of my fault, I expect some sort of refund for my time spent sitting around waiting & for the close to $200 I spent for them to assemble my merchandise.

Customer is servicing is appalling - paid $1500 for goods and installation and installer would not come - would call and if no one answers in his first call would leave and then not answer your call so you have wait again. Called customer service and they forgot to put me on mute and could hear full conversation with her manager and she was terrible - back biting the customer for not answering call and talking crap of me with her colleague while waiting for manager... absolutely terrible. I asked them to pick all stock back and she was so happy to do that - she could not care less for her company reputation for the customer.

Ordered my sofa online from Temp, AZ on 10/29. Was to be delivered 11/6. IKEA never sent the parts to the delivery company so my sofa could not be shipped. Spent 2 hours on the phone with Alexis ** from IKEA to no avail and had to cancel my order. IKEA said it would take 7 to 12 days for them to refund $842.00 dollars, and they still tried to charge me for shipping on a sofa I did not receive and challenged that. This by far has been a horrible experience and will never use their online store. Just note when using online services, the order does not even come from the State or distribution center you buy it from. Learned my lesson, spend the extra money and get the furniture from a more reliable company.

I was told that my delivery would arrive between 1:00 P.M. and 5:00 P.M. They called me at 3:00 and said that they would be there in 25 minutes and then they ask me for my address again. They had been told the wrong address from the shipping department. I can't figure out how he would have the wrong address because the lady at Ikea asked to see my driver's license and then asked if the address on my license was the correct one. I said that it was. So now it's after 5:00 P.M. and my delivery is still not here at my home. I called the driver back and he said because of the mix up he would be here at 5:25 P.M. and still he has not arrived. This is really poor service. I wont be going back again. When I pay for good service I expect good service.

I placed an order for a full size bed for my daughter's apartment. It arrived in five boxes but my daughter wanted it returned (unopened) as the size was wrong for the room. It was impossible to reach a customer service representative at the Brooklyn store and the website had no portal for returns. After two consecutive days of being on hold; first day two hours and I had to hang up, second day two and a half hours when I finally reached a human, I was given a phone number where I could pay $126 to have someone pick up the return.

I was told the return would be picked up on Tuesday and if no one was home, there would be two other attempts on Wednesday and Thursday. I had to find someone to sit and wait from 9 to 5 as my daughter was on assignment in another state and would not be home. They never showed up on Tuesday and not on Wednesday. They did finally show up on Thursday and were prepared to pick up only 4 boxes. They were convinced by the waiting friend to take the fifth box. I will never, ever order anything from this company again. Their customer service is horrible.

Item ordered and delivered to wrong address even though correct address is shown on order. IKEA is not refunding the delivery charge and I do not want to re-order until they do. Waiting 45 minutes for a supervisor to advise.

Ikea changed their cabinet system and pulled all after market support for their old line. All parts are different. They never kept any interchangeable features. Repairs and replacements can't be completed. An ongoing project can't be completed unless we start over and buy all new again. During purchase of our set of the old line, even informing the kitchen rep that we wanted the soft closing features he did not include these parts in the order. We found some on eBay. The Ikea staff will not offer any suggestions as to how to proceed except tell us again that the new cabinets can't be installed with the new, or parts can't be interchanged, "too bad". This customer service is the worst of the worst.

MY ONLINE ORDER IS DELAYED BY MORE THAN A MONTH! I have been scheduled for 4 different delivery dates now and I still don't have my sofa because of different mistakes of IKEA. Worst service I have ever experienced and I am from a 3rd world country. IKEA SERVICE IS DISGUSTING. Timeline of events:

9/2 - Order date. Scheduled for 9/11. 9/10 - Call to inform delivery 1-5 PM. 9/11 - (1st delivery date). 9 AM - box is lost, they will let me know if they can make the order. No call afterwards at all. 9/12 - Nothing was scheduled at all. Have I not called they were just going to ignore the delivery. 9/17 - 2nd delivery date scheduled. 9/19 - ** 5 - 7 business days Jasmine. 9/23 - Order # **. Dynamex - Rebecca will send an email - no feedback after at all. 9/27 - Dynamics Customer Service - Amy.

10/3 - 3rd delivery date - received the delivery call 5 8:55 AM to inform me delivery is 9 AM-12 PM same day! Re-scheduled to 10/8. 10/8 - 4th delivery date

picked up wrong box. Still no 3rd box. 30 mins in phone. Called IKEA - Ref # ** - Cristina. Warehouse search for my order. 10/9 - Called IKEA - Kiara. They are saying it is a failed delivery. 10/12 - Called DYNAMEX - Still no order in record.

Bought the Micke Desk from Ikea online, they shipped it, it was late and damaged. The corners of the desk where jacked up and there was a puncture, so I called and had them send a new one, it also showed up damaged. The problem is Ikea does not package their product well and since most of their furniture items are partial board with a thin outer covering they damage easy.

I needed this desk for my business and so now we are going on two months of working without the desk I need and no compensation from Ikea for the time and trouble so I will not be shopping with Ikea ever again due to their poor customer service and cheaply made products. I have not left my real name or address on this site as I don't feel that should be required to give this site my information to file a complaint. However I have left my real order number.

Let me start off by saying that I have been screwed over multiple times by many different companies, but have yet to purchase from a company with as little respect for their customers as IKEA. First, I ordered almost $6000 worth of furniture from IKEA. I dropped off a shopping list at the store, they charged me $200 for the "picking fee" for two separate orders, and then another $200 for two separate delivery fees. Now, the part where they went very wrong is that for my first order, they never delivered 3 items on my list and neither told the delivery driver nor me about it. So now I have a half assembled couch taking up half the space of my living room waiting to be assembled for weeks on end!!!

After calling in and waiting 2 hours on the phone for some service on two different occasions, they told me that the items were not in stock. When I asked (yes, they do not offer if you don't ask) for compensate for the inconvenience, they offered me a cheap $50 gift certificate (that's not even cash!!!). Who wants to buy anything from this crappy store anymore anyway? Which brings me to my next point. The furniture is extremely low quality. They do a great job masking this with paint, but when you look at the furniture carefully, you'll notice that it's all made of cheap wood shavings that are glued together. Every tiny little scratch (you could use your fingernail) shows up on the cheap and low quality furniture. My guess is that the intrinsic cost of a $60 chair would be $2. You do NOT get what you pay for at IKEA.

My second order was even worse. First off, the delivery guy did not even show up. I was scheduled to have a delivery from 2-6pm and the delivery company stops working at 10pm. That makes them up to 8 hours late! Of course, you have to sit at home all day waiting for these ** to arrive, so I called in three different times ask where the hell my delivery was. The driver kept making excuses about why he couldn't come. I strongly suspect that the driver was too LAZY to assemble 5 different items (I paid almost $500 to get these 5 items assembled), which include a bed frame, two dressers, a crib and a desk. Instead of being honest and upfront that he was too lazy to do this (he obviously is a lowlife who can't get another job and doesn't want to get fired), he makes excuses and decides to make somebody wait all day as if they have nothing better to do.

My next scheduled delivery was a WEEK later, which means that I had to sleep with my mattress on the floor for another week (not that they care, of course)!!! When I call in, waiting 2 hours for customer service, they tell me that they can only give me the delivery fee of $99 back as if I should be thanking them for that!!! The stupidest thing is that you have to pay UPFRONT for the delivery and assembly, even if they don't show up!!! AND, on top of this greedy policy of theirs, they also have another greedy policy where the assembly fee refund is ALL or NOTHING. So in other words, you can only get the ENTIRE assembly fee refunded and have nothing assembled, or you can get them to assemble the whole thing and risk getting another lazy delivery and assembly lowlife who doesn't want to do their job!!!

I also signed up for their utterly useless "Family Card", which did not give me a penny off even after spending over $6000 on furniture and cutlery and other miscellaneous items. The card is simply a waste of the earth's resources and a waste of space in my wallet. I can honestly see why IKEA does not have a rating system on their website. They would obviously have the lowest possible ratings and get bombarded with complaints! It's also no wonder why you have to wait 2 hours in line to speak to a representative to resolve your case! There must be TONS of these cases every day! IT JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW LITTLE IKEA CARES ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. IKEA's policy: Take full advantage of your customers, and abuse and squeeze every penny out of your customers while you can. Ikea has no regard for human life! It's all about squeezing every penny out of their customers!

I found it difficult to contact delivery company. IKEA helpline was useless. However, I got through after an hour of calling around different XPOLogistics numbers. This is the number to call in USA if XPOLogistics is delivering using the "Last Mile" service (an IKEA online order). Call 866 373 4244. They put me through to dept that deal with all IKEA orders and I was told my delivery time immediately. Now I have to see if it turns up but having this number helps. Good luck!

Briefly, I purchased from IKEA in Sunrise, FL and had delivered (at an additional charge of 139.00) a desk, 2 mattresses and bunk bed for my niece. The delivery arrived next day as promised but we discovered later that the bunk bed was missing 1 carton of parts. I spent almost an hour on holding on the phone the next day with customer service before I could get a human voice to arrange a fix. What I received was a case number and a promise of a call-back in a few days to confirm. This never happened, and a week later I called and once more I spent over an hour waiting for a live rep so I could tell them that they could pick up the mattresses and bed parts. (I had found another and better solution with Amazon.)

The pick-up was for the following Friday and although family was at the address all day, no pickup crew appeared. Yesterday I was unable at all to get customer service on the phone because I kept on getting disconnected, so today I went down in person to the IKEA store and was rudely treated by customer service when they insisted that a pickup attempt was made but no one was home and that I would have to pay an additional fee for another attempt. I told them that I had already paid 139.00 and all this would be unnecessary if the order had been delivered correctly to begin with, but customer service attitude was "Then we have nothing further to talk about!" It will be a long time or never before I spend any money at this establishment. I have put a stop payment on the items in question and am trying to find names further up the IKEA food chain to correspond with. Wish me luck.

I made an online order before moving into my new address on August, 30th 2016. They sent me a follow up email with an estimated delivery date of September 20th, 2016. I thought well maybe they're busy with a lot of customer deliveries. Keep in mind I never got sent a tracking number, or an Item confirmation number which most delivery companies do. I thought that was strange but ignored it. To my surprise I get an ETA email out of nowhere that the driver is arriving in 15 minutes! I'm busy in college at the time so I was forced to call them to make a reschedule. The delivery company cancels the shipment entirely and tells me to call IKEA.

So now I'm on the phone with IKEA for about an hour waiting for someone to respond and all I hear is the same, annoying, typical elevator music every company has. The cutoff point for their service had passed so I was forced to hang up. I called them the next morning, waited for about 30 minutes before class to get an answer and finally when I get someone they tell me they have no record of my purchase. So after waiting on the line again they spent about 20 minutes searching all my debit and credit cards for the transaction. At this point I'm already late for class, but they finally told me they found the order.

They didn't even try and resend me the order number! They just told me they could reschedule it on Thursday September 29th, 2016. With no estimated time, no nothing. I've been waiting here all day for my delivery and still no follow up, no ETA email, no nothing! And just a little a while ago I was sent an email that IKEA never updated the delivery information I requested for on September, 29th 2016! I recommend to anybody, DO NOT order online with IKEA unless you wanna deal with a constant hassle of long phone call waits, confused third party delivery company, no ETAs and poor communication. I'm never ordering from IKEA online again.

After waiting 3 weeks for the delivery, the mattress was missing! I spent hours and hours waiting for a customer service agent to answer me and listening their ads! At my first call they told me that they placed an new order but because I didn't have any news I called them back one week later. They told me the delivery was expected for the next Wednesday afternoon and I was not even noticed. I arranged everything last minute to be able to be home and the D-day I received an email telling me that the order has been shipped and delivered on the 4/10.. WT**! More than a month to get a mattress, awful customer service. No more Ikea for me.

Waited two weeks for a bed. Once delivered pieces were missing then told they would arrive on the Thursday (waited in all day after taking time off work). No delivery not even a phone call. Call them next day to be told it will take a further two weeks even though they have the product in their main deposit only five hours away. I could receive an overseas parcel in less time.

Less than two weeks ago, we visited an IKEA store and had a representative put in our order and schedule delivery and assembly for today. Hearing nothing from them in the interim, we assumed everything would happen as scheduled. I just had to call customer service this morning to change the contact number on our order to ensure someone would be able to answer any calls from the delivery/assembly team. And it was only during that call that I discovered that our order was not slated for delivery or assembly today.

Because I had called the IKEA Contact Center before 10AM, I had to make multiple calls and was put on hold for literally more than an hour in total before customer service contacted the delivery company, and before customer service contacted the store (not open before 10), and before I could speak to a manager. All the manager could do was waive the delivery fee, reschedule, and apologize for IKEA's unexcused failure to honor their commitment.

On top of their inability to do what they were paid to do in a timely manner, their representatives were ill-equipped to promptly respond to my questions. In particular: Previously, representatives had tried to explain to me that assembly and delivery couldn't be scheduled the same day, and that the reason the order was held up was because "action was needed" related to the assembly request. (1) If that was the case--for this particular day or in general--the IKEA representative through whom we placed this order did not tell us. We told him, face-to-face, that we wanted assembly and delivery today. (2) Based on what I was later told by the manager, it is indeed possible to schedule the services on the same day (so he proceeded to reschedule them both for the same day at a later date). So they should honor that and not tell their customers otherwise.

Not even the manager had an explanation for why, if "action was needed" on this order, this wasn't addressed in the 1.5 weeks leading up to the delivery/assembly date. This is totally unacceptable. Like most, it is not easy to just take days off of work, in the middle of the week, on short notice. So while I waste a day off because of IKEA's gross incompetence, I suppose it should not be shocking to me that IKEA is also incapable of rectifying its mistake promptly, on any terms other than its own. If the Contact Center is open at 9, but the store is open at 10 and therefore cannot field inquiries from the Contact Center, IKEA should consider coordinating their hours to improve customer service--particularly for those, like me, who have minor inquiries and try to contact IKEA as early in the day as possible. Terrible, awful service. Take your business elsewhere.

We've read SO MANY articles and seen SO MANY reports that the MALM furniture is dangerous and has killed several toddlers. As new parents we decided to return our three dressers and get the refund that IKEA has advertised and agreed to. WE HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS COMPANY. It took me 5 attempts and 3+ weeks to get someone to come to our home to pick it up. They either come when you're not at home (and call you when they're out front... no warnings in advance) or they give you an ALL DAY window. Um... that doesn't make sense. They told me that furniture could be picked up in a four hour window but then they don't actually come during the window. Not only did I waste 4 hours but I had to reschedule a time when they could come for ANOTHER 4 hour window. IT WAS SO FRUSTRATING.

The driver confirmation will also give you a time frame but the company gives you a different time frame. When you call to figure out which one is correct, they make you wait for an hour on hold. When you tell them you had to reschedule 5 times, the operator gives you attitude that they are a contracted company and they can't make any promises. GREAT.

After all of that stress, two guys come and pick up the 3 dressers. HUGE RELIEF. But of course IKEA's bad customer service doesn't stop there. They say that a refund check will come in 8 business days and they send you a confirmation email about it. It's been 6 weeks and 25 business days ~ still no check. I've contacted customer service about 4 times and each time they tell me they will look into it, they say it was mailed out on the original date, or they say someone will call me (no one has called). I am SO FRUSTRATED with IKEA and I will never order anything from them again. This company has horrible customer service and they could care less about you.

I ordered furniture for my daughter on August 30, 2016 for her apartment for college; it was to be delivered on September 7th, six days after she moved in. No furniture has yet to be delivered (today is September 12th, and we have had three delivery dates). I have had seven phone calls that have lasted a total of over 5 hours with no resolve. As I write this I am on the phone again. I have a daughter sleeping on an air mattress, with no desk, no tv stand, no dresser, waiting on Ikea and their horrible delivery company XPO. I will NEVER order from Ikea again; we are going to the store, 82 miles from our home, to get this furniture, drive it to my daughter's apartment at school, and set it up. I truly believe it is the only way we will get it to her.

This is a VERY brief description of my most recent IKEA experience. (I have been a customer for over 10 years, spending thousands over this time frame.) 7/30/16- I purchased various items totaling $1200, including a cabinet, I was 7 months pregnant at the time, so I paid $139 for shipping. 8/7/16- items were received. A drawer on the cabinet was damaged, I emailed customer service that same day. I received an automated email, that told me I would receive a response in 24-48 hours.

8/9/16- no response received, I emailed again, received the same automated reply. 8/11/16- still no response, I called the 800 number, sat on hold for an entire hour before I spoke with a human. I explained everything, told them I could not lug the item to a store, an hr from me, nor did I want to since I paid $139 for shipping, response was that someone will contact me via email.

8/20/16- finally received that email from 9 days earlier, telling me to go into a store, OR provide all of the information about the item AGAIN and wait 7-10 business days for the item. 8/21/16- I responded with all information and picture to the email stating I will not go to the store. Since 8/21/16, I have sent about 20 emails, I have completed surveys regarding my experience thus far, I have received about 20 of the same emails in return stating "it will take 7-10 business days for the replacement part." I have asked for a manager's contact information, just to be given the 800 number again, where I sat on hold for an hour, and never spoke to anyone before becoming more annoyed and hung up.

9/5/16- I received an email stating someone would send me an email with a FedEx tracking number for the part that week. I have followed up via email in response 4 times, twice including today 9/12/16, with no response. It has been 44 days since my purchase. I have a put together cabinet with a missing drawer sitting in my dining room. This is terrible customer service. It's disappointing. I love IKEA, but I can NEVER shop here again. I still do not understand why I don't have a replacement part. Or why no one at the company has offered to return my shipping or do something to make up for this awful and drawn out experience.

I am utterly shocked at the way IKEA stores treat people. I am a victim of negligence, abuse and feel very badly treated. I purchased a double wardrobe on 19/08/16, I paid for delivery service and booked an IKEA store carpenter to have it assembled. The flat pack arrived and there was something wrong with the first delivery. The frame of the wardrobe did not match the doors. The carpenter came and went. Second time, after the second frame arrived, the size of the wardrobe was wrong. Instead of a double and a single there were two singles and no double. It could not be assembled.

We call for it to be returned and for the money to be refunded. Almost every part that was still in boxes went back to IKEA store by their own delivery man, the part was a bit assembled and not finished was left like a semi coffin box in my bedroom. I begged the carpenter who was doing the work to take it down, he simply refused and reassured me that the deliverymen will take as it is...

When we called him back to disassemble it, he was rude, lost his temper and hang up! Now I'm still waiting for my money to be refunded so I can buy already made wardrobe and I cannot do it because IKEA is still holding on to my money!!! How long do I need to wait still. It's going to be a month soon since our purchase of this nightmarish wardrobe!!! When will it all end and put it behind us!!!

I ordered over $3000 worth of furniture in mid-August. All items were delivered aside from 3 chairs. No phone call, no reason. After 3 separate phone calls to the after sales department and empty promises that a CSR would call to schedule a delivery, and nothing happening, I lodged a formal complaint. I then received an email confirmation saying my chairs would be delivered on Sept 8th. That was yesterday and still no chairs, no call, no explanation!

I'm convinced that IKEA wants me to give up on having my chairs delivered so that I will pick them up myself, BUT I WON'T! I paid to have them delivered and that's what I intend to have happen. The IKEA delivery system is a sham. They will take your money and literally not deliver. From now on I will purchase cheap furniture from a more reputable store. I wish I had read these reviews. I have told everyone I know NOT TO TRUST IKEA and to look elsewhere for their discount furniture. IKEA customer service IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED!

We bought furniture from the IKEA Dubai ecom website. We have a complaint regarding the delivery. One of the order is missing. They did not contact with us anymore. IKEA is one of the biggest shopping centre but they are working like a small company. Be careful when you are placing an order from IKEA because they do not care your delivery.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

IKEA has gained a cult following thanks to its affordable pricing and multifunctional pieces. The company is continuing to franchise locations, and there are entire websites that are devoted to how to use IKEA furniture in your home.

• IKEA Family program: The IKEA Family program is free to sign up and gives you exclusive access to promotions and special sales. Some of the benefits include free tea or coffee at the store restaurant and 90 day price protection.
  • Worldwide locations: IKEA stores can be found across the globe in 41 different countries operating more than 330 stores including franchises, with more locations being added all the time.
  • Multiple delivery options: IKEA flat-packs its boxes for easier transport, but if you don't have room to take your new furniture with you, delivery by truck is available for a flat fee. You can combine several items into a single shipment for the same price.
  • Business furniture: While commonly thought of as a residential furniture store, IKEA also has a variety of items for businesses at affordable price points.
  • In-store restaurant: In many IKEA stores they provide an IKEA Restaurant that features Swedish-style cuisine so you can take a lunch break or grab a quick snack to improve your shopping experience.
  • Best for Cost-savvy shoppers, families, DIYers and individuals.

Compare Furniture Stores