3.8/5 (754 ratings)

About IKEA

IKEA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

FOR IKEA HYDERABAD - INDIA. For 9,990 INR, I placed an internet order for a Gas Hob, and it was delivered on time. To our surprise, the installation technician found several missing pieces when he arrived to fix it three days later. I asked the IKEA team for the missing piece, but they said they needed to check with the team, which takes 24–48 hours. I waited for a response, but every time I contact online, it is delayed. I was able to finally confirm communication with the agent and arrange a return pickup for which I have already paid the required amount.

After some time, I got a call saying that the payment I made in accordance with their description was insufficient and that I would have to pay more for the return pickup. Furthermore, the installation specialist observed the missing component, noted it, and verified it. However, an agent I spoke to online gave me a different account, claiming there were no components we were missing. I don't know what's going on with the IKEA team, and I don't know where the standards and IKEA procedures are lying to and misleading the public.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I bought couch for my son's new Brooklyn apt. Paid close to 1000. Less than a year the couch is garbage and should be thrown out since Ikea is not doing anything. Everywhere else would be exchange or return or refund. Not Ikea. I will never buy any furniture from Ikea again. NOT WORTH IT. YOU PAY MORE AT THE END AND GET LESS. They should be ashamed. They do not stand buy their merchandise.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Online Purchase made for Food Item for "Click & Collect" on 2nd December. 5 December was due to drive 1.5hrs for pickup and rang first. Spoke to 2 unprofessional twits (one hung up on me - appalling customer service and poorly trained) and finally the 3rd one told me my online order was a Scam and not to drive to the Store. I was told it was a fake site and not IKEA. I rang the Bank and cancelled all my Credit Cards. Upon followup I was refused to speak to any Supervisor- they don't exist. I then got told it was a mistake, it was not a Scam, and it was the real website after all, and now they could find my Order No (couldn't before for some bizarre reason).

IKEA are employing slave labour it seems who have zero care capacity and clueless about product/procedure/people. I was placed on hold twice for at least 20mins again to get someone who had no idea what to do and what was going on. I was told I'd get refund to the CC - I reminded them all Cards are cancelled as IKEA told me it was a Scam. I got told I'd get a Store Credit. I have not heard a thing back since 15th December.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

This was my worst experience to enter an IKEA store in Bolingbrook, IL. Once you enter thru the escalators they will parade you throughout the whole store, both levels with NO Easy Way OUT. I had to ask for help from staff over 4 times to find the EXIT. If you bought anything, you will have to carry around thru the entire store, every aisle, to reach the Payment counter. I do not recommend anyone to go thru what I had to endure the pain of walking and frustrated to get out of this place.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I ordered a a week ago from Ikea. No movement since then. If you order something online will will be waiting a while. I would not recommend this company. Slow at shipping stuff out. I have never waited this long before.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

I ordered a product from IKEA and the product is showing as delivered, however I never received and I've been trying for 4 days to get an answer of what happened, talked to more than 10 people - have the names of all of them, and have been on the phone for hours. I'm getting to a point I'm giving up. I don't have the product and I don't have my money. As far as I can remember that's the worst experience ever purchasing an item.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I have been on the phone two-three hours a day with reps about a return. That is when they try to help. Some have hung up, lied, told me things that weren't true, told me they would get a manager to call and it doesn't happen. I AM SO FRUSTRATED!! God help me, I will never shop at Ikea again. I'm now going to the better business bureau.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

Never buy anything especially malm bed frame from IKEA. Please, please, they are liars and the product is not a good material and the refund policy are full of lies....Ikea is very deceptive about how they can get money from customers and after that, your problem with their product is not or none of their business and you will waste money and will need to go buy from elsewhere...I regretted the very day I heard about this fake company...Please, both actual and potential customers, go elsewhere. Don't ever buy anything from ikea Please if you want value for your money.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

Avoid working at this store. The supervisors are dishonest and lie about good people in order to terminate them. Many wrongful termination lawsuits are pending. Many of the workers do not speak English and are unable to communicate truthful occurrences, or are set up by supervisors to lie about other workers. This is an extremely toxic environment.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

Was told they had all of the parts for a king size bed, except one. They were temporarily out of stock on the slats that hold up the mattress. Went back the next day and they were still out. Went back the next week and they were still out of stock. Went back 4 times and they were still out of stock. Customer service is worthless, The store manager is invisible and cannot be reached. There are no published telephone numbers or email addresses. After sleeping on the floor for 2 months I am getting use to it. Don't get suckered into buying an incomplete bed. If they are missing one small part, take a pass and buy your bed somewhere else. Not worth the run around by IKEA.

IKEA author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Wide selection of designs that are both accessible and affordable. The company is continuing to franchise locations, and there are entire websites that are devoted to how to use their furniture in your home.

• Financing: Eligible customers can earn rewards on purchases or qualify for low promotional rates.

• Assembly: Products are designed to be easily assembled. Professional assembly services are available for a fee.

• Delivery: Flat rates for shipping and in-store delivery starting at $9.

• Returns: Purchases can be returned within 1 year.

IKEA Company Information