2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

4.0/5 (3061 ratings)

About IKEA

IKEA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

bought a bed and started to assemble. 8 screws missing. I drive 45 min. Back to the store. Out of stock!! I need this bed in 6 days for visitors. I am quoted 7-10 business days to get the screws!! No offer to contact another store. Just 7-10 days!!! What kind of customer service is that!? I spent nearly $400 and can’t use the bed. Screws are critical to assemble the bed!!!!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Where do I start?!?! Customer service is terrible, transferred, disconnected, no answer, employees have no knowledge of products. Manager was suppose to call me back, never did. Cabinets out of stock and no idea if or when they will be in stock, Website planner is terrible, paid $360 for delivery and cabinet missing from the order. Have spent several hours on the phone and computer dealing with IKEA, absolutely miserable experience!!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

I got online to order pillows from IKEA, having been told they have good ones. I checked reviews and selected 5 Lundtrav pillows, queen size. While on the site I looked at pillowcases and sheets to match. Without the pillows I would never have added the sheets/pillowcases - there would have been no order. Everything was noted as in stock and I completed the order. They added a $9.99 delivery charge at the very end of the process. OK, well we really want these pillows.

About a week later a small box arrived, and I got an email saying my order was delivered. Sheets only, no pillows. No notification of the order being split. Nothing about backordered items. Just multiple messages (text and email) about a successful delivery. I contacted IKEA customer support online, and was told the pillows were backordered but I should get a notice in 2-5 business days that they were available and would be shipped. I verified this was what I was being told so there was no misunderstanding.

Before the end of the day I had an email from IKEA saying the pillows were out of stock and they would refund my money. I contacted support again, this time talking to someone after the chat could not answer my question. I was told that because they had delivered the sheets they could not refund me the delivery charge. The sheets I never would've ordered without the pillows. The pillows were available at a different IKEA store but they said it was against their policy to ship from one store to another, or to fulfill one store's order from another. So the pillows exist, they just won't ship them to me, even though they charged me for delivery.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I've tried to return unopened item today to Palo Alto Ikea store. However Ikea specialist refused to take it back even for partial store credit because of the box damage, it got a bit wet, but it is dry now and the internals are totally fine (checked my Ikea staff). This is very disappointing. I will try to avoid ikea in my future purchases.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I CAN'T A IKEA EVER AGAIN. The absolute worst buying experience I have experienced. They have the most difficult policies. Tried to buy a shelf kit only to get half of the parts. Website shows in stock but can't order online so go to the store, told can't find product. After a couple of weeks trying still in stock can't buy online so back to the store. Finally get a person to confirm and actually correct the status. So now I go to the website to get on the wait list to be notified when product is in.

Next day get email in stock. Go to store. Nope. Still no shelf. Still says in stock. By the way it's always 6 in stock in the beginning and later.... So 3 weeks later there's 50 in stock. Still can't order on-line so off to the store again. It's there, I purchase. Start assembly. Find the leg kit missing cross brace. Since it was bought at the store... have to go to the store again. They can't send it to me. I'm forced to make my own brace. Won't be going to that store or website ever again. Should have bought from one of the big box or Amazon stores.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Terrible customer service. They don’t give you refund. All they do just tell you wait wait wait. NEVER NEVER SHOP with Ikea online. Paid $70 for delivery and ended up still need to travel 1 hours to pick up the hardwares they missed to send!!!! Wasted my whole 1 month time and never solve any problem.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I had a horrible customer service experience with IKEA. I ordered the MALM dresser which was shipped to my house (I paid for delivery of the item). Once received I realized that one of the boxes including the parts to put the dresser together was a duplicate box, meaning there are 3 boxes (of parts) for the dresser #1, 2, & 3. I received 1,1,3 no #2 box. Basically Ikea sent me the wrong box of parts. I called their customer service line and spoke to Miranda and her supervisor Sherron, who informed that even though IKEA made the mistake, that I would have to personally drive to an IKEA store to return the item or get the correct box of parts.

1) These large boxes do NOT fit in my car to even return the item in store. 2) The closest ikea store is quite far from my house. 3) Why would I have to now go out of my way to fix an issue that was IKEA's mistake? Sherron & Miranda were horrible and offered no resolution to help. Basically telling me that I'm stuck with this item if I can't make the return in store. Horrible customer service and treatment of a customer. I will never buy from IKEA again if this is how customers are treated for an issue that was IKEA's fault!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I filed a complaint with the BBB. The day AFTER I filed the complaint, they finally issued the refund. I should never have had to jump through such hoops to get assistance. Here's the complaint: IKEA refuses to refund 4 items I returned as per THEIR return instructions via FedEx. I can prove the items shipped (see attachments). I called twice and spent numerous hours trying to reason with IKEA, but they were of no assistance and told me to contact FedEx. I wasted more time contacting FedEx, but of course, they denied the claim, because IKEA has an agreement to not file claims (also attached). It is APPALLING that a company like IKEA treats customers with such disrespect. They obviously know that I could NEVER recoup the refund for the returned items through FedEx. I have wasted several hours for absolutely nothing! I generally love IKEA products, but their customer service has been terrible.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I purchased a Cylinder Glass Vase from IKEA & it arrived to my home TOTALLY SHATTERED. First of all, there was absolutely NOTHING on the box to indicate the contents are "FRAGILE". Second, the glass vase WAS PACKED WITHOUT ANY TYPE OF PROTECTIVE MATERIAL to protect the vase from being damaged while being handled & while in transit. There was only ONE PIECE OF SHRIVELED UP BROWN PAPER in the packing box. The vase was just placed in one box & then packed in ANOTHER box with one piece of shriveled up brown paper, NO protective material & sealed with ONE WEAK PIECE OF TAPE. How STUPID to pack a GLASS VASE like this??? IKEA obviously didn't give ONE DAMN if my item got damaged. Of course I'm going for a REFUND, but you can believe this will be THE VERY LAST TIME I purchase anything from IKEA.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

There is a reason why Ikea asks e-mail address right? So if a sales person got the phone number wrong- ikea can still reach me out, right?!! Well, apparently people with no initiative work there- TERRIBLE.

IKEA author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Wide selection of designs that are both accessible and affordable. The company is continuing to franchise locations, and there are entire websites that are devoted to how to use their furniture in your home.

• Financing: Eligible customers can earn rewards on purchases or qualify for low promotional rates.

• Assembly: Products are designed to be easily assembled. Professional assembly services are available for a fee.

• Delivery: Flat rates for shipping and in-store delivery starting at $9.

• Returns: Purchases can be returned within 1 year.

IKEA Company Information