3.57/5
Based on 1,064 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

IKEA

Looking for a good furniture store?

1473 IKEA Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 15, 2019

We were hesitant to go with Ikea for our recent couch purchase but the price was much better than others and decided to go for it. At first we attempted to add our custom couch to our online cart but it did not work as some of the pieces were unavailable though it wouldn't tell you which ones which required us to go through every piece to figure it out. We saw many of the pieces allegedly available in our store and went back to try to get whatever pieces we could there and order the rest online. Those pieces were not in store but we were able to talk to a customer service rep who went through every piece and found many were changing product numbers and was able to piece the whole couch together with the old and new product numbers and schedule a delivery for us.

Delivery window assigned the day before for 10-2. We got a call around 12:15 saying the truck was between 5-30 min away, sure enough 10 min later they arrived. Unloaded everything, nothing missing, nothing damaged and they were quite quick with the many boxes. All and all after figuring out the ordering with a very helpful customer service rep, everything was very smooth from the in store order to delivery. Pleasantly surprised with our experience and would certainly recommend our local store/delivery.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I ordered 3 Kallax bookshelves from Ikea.com US. I've never ordered from them online and wanted to try it because I don't have a big enough truck to haul the boxes. I took a screenshot of my online order number in case the email confirmation got lost in my spam. Total shipping was $39. After my purchase I never received a confirmation email of my order. This worried me a bit. I checked back online in the customer service section and was able to look up by my order number in the tracking section. (Thank goodness I had the screenshot for my order number.) It was there which eased my worry a little bit. Still was unsure. Email did finally arrive in my inbox, but was only an notification that it has shipped. No layout of what I purchased, just that it has shipped.

Next day I received another email that it is ready to be delivered. From the asterisk in the email it said, "*12 hour time window: You will receive a phone call the day before the scheduled delivery date with a 4 hour time window." My time in the email was a 12 hour so I assumed I'd get a phone call the day before. That phone call never happened. The day of delivery, I took off work to make sure I was available for the 12 hours. When I looked online, their delivery policy seems very strict about having someone there to sign for the delivery. I didn't want to miss it.

Since I didn't get the phone call, I started looking at IKEA reviews. Oh man did I find so many bad ones. Now I'm getting paranoid about my shipment not arriving, or it comes damaged, or I have to call customer service and deal with that headache. My mind was racing. I thought about calling IKEA just in case to try and get the shipper's info to call them (IKEA uses a 3rd party shipping company) to get an estimate. Since from the email, I should have received a phone call with a 4 hour window the day before delivery. I waiting a couple hours, had lunch and then got a phone call. The driver was 15 mins away and letting me know. What a relief! I was so happy that there was some status to the delivery and I didn't want to be on the phone for hours with IKEA. Delivery arrived on time and nothing was damaged. Very fast and efficient. Signed the paperwork and everything was good. No missing items.

My overall experience using Ikea.com has been great. Was worried at first especially reading previous reviews. I do feel like IKEA should have been better with updates and the order confirmation. Makes it a little unnerving when I can't view my order when I log in and can only track it with the order number. Overall, I'm happy everything worked out in the end. I wanted to share my experience since most of the reviews are bad.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I ordered a sectional online and scheduled a Saturday delivery a few weeks in the future. I had absolutely no problems with my order and delivery. I was really concerned after reading these terrible reviews but XPO in North Carolina was perfect. Their robot called the Friday before, giving a 4hr window. The driver called 30 mins before the actual delivery which was in the window. Some miscellaneous complaints about the website. IKEA is not designed for e-commerce. They are a big box store. The customize your couch tool is cool but it only works in IE. Additionally, once you're done customizing, the site provides you a 10 digit code to add all the components to your cart. When you get to the cart to enter the code, they only allow 9 digits. Complete waste of time. You need to write down all the items and add them individually.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I recently (8/12) ordered a lot of furniture from IKEA online, including glass Oxberg doors, sectional sofa, dressers, etc. It was a huge order. Actually, their website wasn’t working correctly, and I ended up having to make three separate orders (and pay 3 separate delivery charges), but I got everything ordered and chose September 2 as my delivery date since I was moving the day before. I got the emails saying thanks for my orders, and didn’t hear much after that, but then, I got an email on 8/30 saying my stuff had shipped to the trucking company. I thought, "Okay, no way I’m going to get this in time." So I looked online to read about IKEA's delivery service.

I found thousands of reviews where peoples' stuff never showed up, was damaged etc. I thought, "Oh hell no," so I actually tried to call and cancel my orders so I could just go to the store and buy them, and of course IKEA said no and could not tell me when my stuff might arrive. I panicked, but there was nothing I could do at this point, so I gave up and thought, "Well, if my stuff doesn’t appear I'll eventually dispute it with my credit card." 8/31 I get an email from IKEA saying my orders are ready to be delivered. I am still skeptical. I am given a delivery window of 9A-1P September 2, the day I actually chose during checkout, I think, "Yeah right."

I get a call from XPO Logistics saying they're 5-10 minutes away around 9:30A on September 2, even then, I think, "Half my order is probably missing or broken or not even on the truck at all." Not so! Like Jesus himself came down from heaven and said, "Let this not be a hassle," XPO Logistics delivered ALL THREE ORDERS, eight pieces of furniture, not broken, not missing pieces, on the day I chose during checkout, during the delivery window I was given, and earlier rather than later during that window. It was truly an IKEA miracle. I will still never order online again because it was terrifying, but I will definitely still shop in the store and am very thankful that I somehow had such a great experience!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

The website: everything but user-friendly, since you're able to report any issues regarding the web-shop, that's what I did via an email, but nobody answered back. I didn't even get a confirmation email. Why bother then? I used to really like IKEA's furniture and brand image, but this purchase showed me and my husband the opposite. After reading the reviews, I consider myself lucky for receiving all the items ordered, I was 100% sure I'll need to chase the ghost of IKEA customer service because of missing items or other issues. We got an automated call regarding the delivery date. The transportation company called my husband in time, fortunately, and delivered quickly the goods inside the apartment, on the 2nd floor. They were kind and friendly.

To IKEA: Website: poorly done, I am sure Swedish programmers are capable of doing a better job, they just need to be hired. Please, more follow-up emails to your customers, otherwise you lose their trust; paying thousands of dollars in advance and not getting any reply back about the payment is immensely discouraging; I was super close to withdraw the payment - BUT what do you care, right? Until you have customers, you won't change a single thing about these issues everyone's complaining about... I wasn't able to open up the boxes yet, because they're too heavy, but I am hoping everything is in good condition.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Original review: June 19, 2019

Yes, IKEA has nice looking furniture and whatnot. I wanted this sofa so bad so I asked my sister to take me to get it as she has a big truck. Picked it up no problem. Got it home and opened the box and the frame was damaged all over, not just one board, but it seems that every side had damage to it! I tried to contact somebody that night and literally was on hold for 3 hours, still no resolve. It took 3 days and $108 more out of me to get another one and for them to come get this piece of junk! Will never, ever buy from IKEA again!! Lousy service, and lousy product!!! Decided to cancel the replacement... I know I can find something nicer elsewhere. And I will never give them my business and I will discourage others to buy from them as well. As it turns out before I bought it people were already telling me not to buy from them!

Original review: June 14, 2019

Worst online service ever since the inception of online buying. We were quite shocked that IKEA would treat customers this way since they do have good products. We ordered a child's' kitchen with sink and stove, a table and chairs set with three chairs, child utensils, and pots and pans. How excited we were when the box was delivered anticipating the joy of our two year old, that excitement was short lived when much to our dismay only the table with one chair along with the pots and pans arrived.

We called and were cut off during the process many times, when we finally got through we reordered the kitchen, and the other chairs but when the order arrived two chairs arrived minus the kitchen. Now we are into wasted time going on two weeks and approximately four hours of waiting on hold to talk to a live person. We reordered the kitchen, maybe third time is a charm. This will be the last interaction we will ever have with IKEA, too bad.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I have been waiting 12 days for a product that I have paid for. Your call centre staff have repeatedly informed me that I am unable to get this product because they are having difficulty verifying that I haven’t received it and cannot contact the store in Halifax to get my order delivered in a timely fashion. I am VERY upset!! Yesterday I received a product via FedEx to replace a damaged piece of a product already received. It was the wrong piece!! If you can send me the wrong piece that quickly, you can send me the right piece that quickly!!

Original review: June 12, 2019

My family and I are long-time patrons of IKEA, usually buying products in-store. We recently moved and there is not an IKEA nearby, and for the first time, ordered the Kallax 4x4 online to be shipped to our home. I took off work to be home for the delivery, and only 1/2 boxes was delivered. After over an hour on the phone with Customer Service, the call being "transferred" and dropped several times, I was able to speak to a manager, who only repeated what was already said, and informed me it would take another 2 weeks to deliver the second box. When you pay $30+ for delivery from a corporation as large as IKEA, you expect them to DELIVER. I will not be ordering online again, and since there is no IKEA nearby, will likely no longer patronize this store.

Original review: June 12, 2019

We bought our sofa for over a month ago and still haven’t received it because we had to reschedule it so many times. They wanted us to be at home waiting for them from 9 am to 9 pm on a Wednesday. So is it reasonable to make someone who work to wait for a sofa on a week day for almost a whole day? Who can be available for a time frame like that? We thought it would be convenient to get a delivery service but it’s bothering us more than anything. I had to remove so many of more important appointments just to wait for a sofa. This makes me lose my interest in your products already and I got pissed off so much that I forgot how much I wanted or liked the sofa.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My husband and I ordered some furniture online with Ikea. Shipment was not received the day it was scheduled to be delivered. Contact customer service and the experience was not good. They were not helpful, said we were not home to received which was not true. Refused to get the delivery rescheduled for that day and refused to refund the very pricey delivery fee we paid to have it delivered. Will never do business with Ikea online again and would highly suggest ordering from a different company.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I purchased a study desk already built and delivery refuse to deliver unless legs were removed. I could not remove them and they could not help remove them. They offered me tools instead. I still could not remove the legs. They said we we can deliver but then decided they can't and blamed me for purchasing the table.

Original review: June 6, 2019

We ordered a crib from IKEA online and had it delivered, also purchasing an assembly service from IKEA's 3rd party, Task Rabbit. On the day of delivery, the driver said that one of the parts was missing, but that it was not big deal, that the Task Rabbit person who was coming to assemble it could stop by IKEA to pick up the missing part. My husband was reluctant to accept the delivery based on the missing part. The driver insisted that it was okay to accept and wrote a note on the delivery receipt (that my husband did not get to keep) that the order was accepted with the missing part. I come to find out that the person from Task Rabbit only does the assembly and that it was not their job to pick up missing parts that IKEA failed to deliver. I suspected this was the case, but I was not at the house to turn the delivery down. My husband was lied to by the delivery person who probably did not want to take the extra trip to return the item to the store.

In the end, my husband spend an hour and a half of his work day dealing with IKEA customer support who told him that he would have to pay for the pick of the items he was about to cancel. WHAT? Your mistake and we have pay you to get it picked up on top of the delivery charges you already charged us?? This was unacceptable. He kept asking for a higher supervisor who finally said they would ship out the missing part at no cost to us. The point is, none of this needed to happen if the delivery person was honest and did his job. He mislead us by saying the Task Rabbit service person would be able to pick up the missing part. Between the two of us, it cost us almost 3 hours of our work day to deal with this problem the delivery person created. Lesson here: DO NOT ACCEPT ANY DELIVERIES FROM IKEA THAT HAVE MISSING PARTS. So frustrating.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I recently made an order that includes a bed, table set and sofa. I cannot reach IKEA's phone line to make a simple change to my order's delivery date. The line is always busy and the email contact is a joke. I am not even reviewing their product, but with such a terrible customer service experience I can't recommend you purchase here.

Original review: June 3, 2019

We ordered two matching Strandmon chairs to be delivered. They emailed us the day before, called us the morning of, and delivered in the four hour window they said they would. They carried the two giant boxes into the house. We gave them a $12 tip. We put them together and everything was there and in good condition.

Original review: May 27, 2019

My husband and myself purchase a bookshelf and happen not to fit in our car after we bought the product. So we decided to ask to deliver to our home at North York. They charge $89 dollars plus HST. The delivery time is between 5-9 pm today Monday, 27th of May year 2019. We asked the worker if they can deliver after 5:30 as we are working until 5:30. My husband receive a phone call around quarter to 4 pm that they will be @ our place in about half an hour. He asked and said that we actually requested and agreed by the Ikea representative that they will be delivering after 5:30. My husband forced to leave wok early as the delivery guy is not cooperative about the time we requested originally. What an inconvenient for us.

Now it’s about 5:32 pm to be exact and the person never showed up and called yet after all this effort and inconvenience. What an awful and disgusting customer this is. We pay 100% of our money for delivery. By the way the store is the IKEA located @ Vaughan. Please if this happen to you don’t be afraid to voice out your opinion. It will help other people to make a right choice and decision who they will be trust. Thank you and have a great day all.

Original review: May 27, 2019

On Saturday night We ordered from IKEA online 3 large pieces of patio furniture. The order was paid and we were instructed to pick them up in the college park store the next day. Early on Sunday I rented a U-Haul truck to donate the damaged IKEA patio table I had, and to pick up the new furniture from IKEA, at arrival to Ikea College park. I was told that my order had been cancelled by Ikea because they oversold items and they were out of stock for some of them!! I complained and showed them the U-Haul truck I had rented, and the price I paid, they didn’t care.

In fact they cancelled the order on Sunday at noon by email (which I don’t open on Sundays), did not call at all to inform me, and the only missing piece was a plastic Tostero storage bag, not any of the heavy furniture. I left my complaint in writing on Sunday May 26, they never cared, apologized or compensated me. I believe IKEA knows they have almost a monopoly, and, now that they cornered the market, they no longer care about you. It can only get worst from now on, worst service, and, slowly, worst products. Beware. Hector.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I have purchase similar painting lamps, in the larger size from Ikea. Installed previously similar but in the larger size into the wall. They illuminate a painting beautifully so, I thought that the smaller version, the MAGLEHULT would be the same. Took TWO hours to put it together and install it using power tools. After installation I was ready to turn it on when I then realized that the product does not come with a plug of any kind.

Worthless piece of garbage that I wasted 2 hours of my life putting together and now I have to use my next day off, I only get 1 day off a week, to drive 45 minutes back to Ikea to return the piece of crap. Tried to e-mail my disappointing purchase to someone in charge from their website but their website does not have a complaint department or e-mail listing so I am sharing this with you.

Original review: May 24, 2019

The absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. Bought a day bed that I was told a queen bed would fit- verified at store with department manager and also was assured a queen bed would fit when pulled out. Even questioned because to twins are the size of double, but was assured again that a queen would fit. Spent over 10 hours to put the bed together with my husband - directions were awful. Once completed at midnight, tried to put the queen bed in and of course it was too big. This was suppose to be a surprise gift for my 16 year old daughter. Spent hours on the phone with customer service.

Finally was told to break down the bed and bring it back in, that the conversation would be noted, and we would get a store credit. Brought the bed back in Pieces (all parts including the hardware screws, nails etc) and was told that we would not get a credit- there were no notes on the numerous conversions we had with customer service. We were asked to see a manager. She was rude and had security ask us to leave. We were treated like criminals and were told we were lying. We called customer service and they said it would be look into it and their investigation stated the bed was not returned or left. I am sure there are cameras within IKEA to show the bed was left, but they would not supply them. Our family lost over $300.

We live in Tampa and this purchase was the first time to visit IKEA and we spent over $800. We will never shop there store again, we tell everyone we know what happened to us, and are very vocal to any conversation we have with people friends and/or strangers of our experience. What is truly sad is the behavior of the managers. It might be an ok place to buy plates, or small items, but be very wary of buying furniture or kitchens- especially at the Tampa location.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I purchased a kallax unit from Ikea selecting 5/24 delivery because I am home early on Fridays. Received a call at work saying that delivery was attempted. Called Ikea and was told that delivery was scheduled for 5/23. They could reschedule but it wouldn't happen next day and that I would have to pay for another deliver. That would me that delivery would cost me more than the item. I cancelled order but when I checked my email I had confirmation that delivery was made. I called and was transferred to a department that answered with a recorded message telling "all customer service representatives were busy and told to call back later". I will never purchase another thing from this store.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Incompetent!!!! Impossible to place an online order (tried several browsers). Experience trying to place an order by phone was UNPLEASANT at best. The rep sent me an email with order number to make payment by credit card. The order number did not work. Tried again. Got hung up on twice. Finally got an order number that worked. The whole thing took over an hour. The incompetence is astounding given this is a giant worldwide company. Get a grip. If the order does not arrive by the delivery date I was given the item will go right back, unopened.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I urge everybody that want to buy an item from IKEA. I am an Ikea customer for the last 10 years. I have purchased a sofa that costed over 1000 euro. 3 months later the sofa started to peel and the color went off it slowly slowly. I have contacted them to check it out. I finally managed after chasing to get an inspector to come and approve the poor manufacture defect (the picture attached shows the poor quality of product). When they managed to send 3th party company the guys took 20 sec to make report about the sofa and left. I was promised that they will get back to me in a week time which didn’t happen.

Again I had to chase them and call the customer service advisor who mentioned that the report says it was not a quality or manufacture defect however it was our fault sitting on it and use it on daily basis as it suppose to be. I have ordered a 10000 euro kitchen which am going to cancel cause I don't trust your 25 years warranty. I am going to do my best, let everybody know about the poor after service and product quality. I am waiting for Ikea to send me the report so that I would add more details into this.

Original review: May 14, 2019

A long story I’m afraid with 4 attempts of delivery, including 1 successful delivery and a collection which wasn’t arranged. Over 4 calls made to customer service to correct the problem for a purchase made 2 weeks before now and I still haven’t had everything delivered nor delivery expenses refunded. Apparently I’ll be getting my last piece in 2 days which will have made it 14 days from the date of purchase and a uncertain dialogue with Ikea's customer service via telephone number. Ok we bought over £1000 of furniture from IKEA recently, including sofa which I consider a lot of money to spend. On top of that I had to pay £39 for a delivery charge because the items would be too big to fit in the car.

IKEA then arranged a delivery for and confirmed a date I would be available. I think it was a 5 day wait after the purchase and then I'd be getting the furniture delivered on a weekday. Everything was set up and when the day came for the furniture to be delivered, I didn’t hear a knock at my flat door and I didn’t get a text of confirmation because unfortunately the employee who had taken my order in the store on the day of purchase got one number wrong so the delivery driver could not then call to say they’d arrived and didn’t think to come into the building to knock on my door number. That was the first mistake which can be overlooked as an unfortunate mistake.

Delivery was rearranged and I gave my correct number to customer service. They did deliver the second time but one of the pieces for the sofa was damaged so the delivery drivers didn’t take it out of the van and told me they’d get a new piece sent out. Ok so that was bad news for me but I rang in to IKEA/contact which is their customer service to request a refund for my delivery money of £39. They told me they couldn’t but would be happy to offer a £10 voucher so I accepted, that’s fine. Now I’ve also confirmed with them a new delivery date for the damaged part which I had to work around to a day I wasn’t working, yesterday.

Yesterday came and I didn’t get a call again or a text to say that a delivery had arrived. I ring IKEA in the morning and after going back and forth again with the customer service who at this point it’s beginning to get hard not to question their methods. They tell me that the delivery driver had taken the wrong number again and so assumed nobody was home because they didn’t come into the building to knock on the flat door and as well couldn’t ring me. Ok now I’m spending half an hour talking to somebody new to get my number right and to call or text when delivery arrives and it’s rearranged for today for this broken piece that the sofa is missing, ok. I’ve asked for my money for delivery back again and they have insisted they can’t do anything until the damaged item is delivered for reasons I didn’t understand.

Delivery van turns up this morning, good, I get a call to say, "We are outside," ok I let the guy know I’ll come out now. Get downstairs and the delivery man tells me he’s here to collect a damaged item. I hope made it clear here but I wanted the damaged item delivered because I never got it in the first place. I was just told it was damaged so they’d send a new one out. Delivery man apologises for the confusion and says he’ll ring IKEA to let them know. I tell him I’ll ring in as well.

Anyway ring customer service again this morning, explain what happened. The operator on the other end says he doesn’t know about any delivery today and tells me it was meant to be delivered yesterday. It goes back and forth like this for about half an hour again between me asking for my delivery money back and rearranging the delivery for the damaged item to come in another 2 days.

By this time it would have been 14 days from the date of purchase if the part does come in 2 days as I’m told it will. Customer service also advised that they won’t be able to refund delivery money until it’s delivered but I’m welcome to call back at 10am when the store is open to ask again. About 10 minutes later IKEA ring me from the same number and different operator who tells me he’s spoke to the delivery driver. I don’t get an apology from him but he just confirmed that I’d already spoke to somebody in a tired manner and that I’d sorted it out, conversation ended.

Anyway I feel like it’s just been very bad customer service for the money I’ve spent and I’ve had way better customer service from smaller companies who I’ve spent a huge amount less in and have had refunds over confusions or mistakes made. This incident has made it hard to trust the service IKEA offer and I don’t think I will be going back to shop there. If I do I’ll probably try and avoid staff interaction at all costs until the inevitable cashier but I can’t see myself in there for anything now really. I’m undecided if that’s a shame however I do feel bad complaining.

Original review: May 12, 2019

We drove 128 miles to the IKEA Conshohocken store and we purchased 3 sofas and other items total over 2500 dollars and the store informed us they can deliver 2 sofas but they don't have the third one in their warehouse so they basically told us we either have to take it today with us they can't deliver it which wasn't right since we paid for the flat rate delivery anyway and they didn't make any exception or compensation even though this wasn't our fault.

We wanted everything delivered. We agreed to take one sofa home and they said they will help us with the order. They gave us the sofa and the sofa cover and we paid for everything and drove back home. We got home and put the sofa together only to find that they gave us a cover for a chair, not a sofa. I contacted the customer service and spoke to Tiffany who was very rude and unprofessional. She informed me I have to drive back to the store to return that one and get the right one and that is the only option. I explained that this wasn't our fault, they did us wrong from the beginning and she didn't care. I was on hold for 55 minutes then she told me there is nothing they can do I asked to speak to a supervisor, she put me on hold for another 15 minutes then she told me there is no supervisor available and I requested a call back and documenting this incident then she said there is a supervisor available now.

She asked me to hold and I did for another 10 minutes then they hanged up. I am ready to give birth in 10 days and I explained to her this is a 50 dollar problem and we paid 2500 they should be able to deliver the correct item for us as a courtesy. I was treated badly and felt like crab. This is not customer service and the store, the customer service and their supervisor should be held liable for their unprofessional action. This is my first time buying from Ikea and will be my last.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I bought a TV stand from IKEA Las Vegas, NV. I brought it home and realized the holes didn't align due to manufacturing defect. I took it back to the store, which is 30 mins from my home one way, and got another piece. The second piece I got was damaged and the corner was chipped off. I don't own a vehicle and I have spent more than the TV stand itself in traveling back and forth from IKEA. And IKEA doesn't want to pick it up from my house to ease my problem. After all of this, IKEA doesn't have a problem in claiming they are all for consumer satisfaction. All of this is over the period of 10 days. I wasted a lot of time and money for a mere TV stand. This was my first and last experience with IKEA because I don't mind paying a bit more to save myself from all this hassle in the future.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I paid almost $5000 for a new kitchen on 3/25. It was supposed to be delivered by 4/22. Today it is 5/2 and I don't have it nor will they return my calls nor emails. I can't move in now. Tyeesha ** is a liar and her boss Mike ** do not care about customers. These managers have not gotten back to me in over a week, after claiming to be with me all the way to delivery. If anything goes wrong with IKEA products or delivery, you will be screwed.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Buyer beware. IKEA's furniture assembly services offered by TaskRabbit are fraudulent. We purchased an IKEA daybed in March 2019 in New York and signed up for TaskRabbit assembly, via the IKEA website. The quoted price for the assembly was $85.50. When the assembly was completed, TaskRabbit charged us $479.69! TaskRabbit and IKEA should be ashamed of the fraudulent assembly services they offer.

Original review: April 30, 2019

AVOID IKEA delivery service at all cost. This is my parent’s recent (April 2019) experience while getting their bed frame delivered:

1) Parts of the pieces were broken during the delivery.
      2) Delivery guys promised they would handle the situation and replace these (they DID NOT), basically lied so we would give them better service reviews.

3) We eventually called IKEA ourselves to figure out that they did not help us replace the items, so we filed for exchange... which they said will arrive 1-5pm on the 21st (Sunday), which DID NOT happen.

4) Rep said it will be postponed until the 23rd (Tuesday), but being as skeptical as we were, we drove back to IKEA personally, only to find out that they actually NEVER successfully input the 23rd date delivery.

5) Needed 3 separate sales rep to help us replace the exchange order. Again. SUMMARY: If your car can fit the IKEA furniture pieces and you are able to carry them on your own... definitely pick them up yourselves. Also check for damaged items and exchange them right on the spot, otherwise you'll have days of your time wasted.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The printed instructions for assembling the chest of drawers were so incredibly inadequate, it was shocking and the diagrams were pathetic. The entire thing was a nightmare. Believe me a jackass with inked hoofs walking on a piece of paper would have done as well. It is astounding that IKEA provides such garbage to its unsuspecting customers. It is also unimaginable that the corporate leaders at the company would allow such inadequate material to be used and become a comment on the corporation. NEVER AGAIN WILL I SET FOOT IN AN IKEA STORE.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Buyer Beware! I purchased over $30,000 worth of products while constructing my home. Panels popping off and warped within the first 2 years. I put in a case for replacement panels. No response. I went back to the store a few weeks later when I found the time to kill hours, and they said the case was closed. I asked for at least replacement panels, as I know how a kitchen that's falling apart, and they DISCONTINUED the product. I asked for something else that would suffice, but the NEW PANELS are totally different sizes and you "can not cut the wood". A 25 limited warranty on Kitchen sounds good... UNTIL this explodes. I am stuck with a half ** kitchen, and nothing they can do about it. The BOTTOM LINE - they discontinue products, so you are left with no solution. Warranty means nothing. Oh, my Oven (made by Whirlpool) from Ikea blew, and no one has the part. No Oven. Panels are discontinued, and warp easily.

IKEA expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Wide selection of designs that are both accessible and affordable. The company is continuing to franchise locations, and there are entire websites that are devoted to how to use their furniture in your home.

• Financing: Eligible customers can earn rewards on purchases or qualify for low promotional rates.

• Assembly: Products are designed to be easily assembled. Professional assembly services are available for a fee.

• Delivery: Flat rates for shipping and in-store delivery starting at $9.

• Returns: Purchases can be returned within 1 year.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs