3.6/5 (944 ratings)

About IKEA

IKEA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Original review: May 16, 2022

I had a very bad experience with the IKEA delivery, it was awful, after purchasing online they sent me a notification via email and confirm that the parcel will be delivered between 1 PM-5 PM, but there is no mention that they will call me, the driver called on my cell and I did not answer and after 8-9 minutes I called him and he said that reschedule-and I waste my time all of my Sunday as well as rescheduling, the delivery system of IKEA is not only un-Professional but also awful, it is not like a big factory.

Original review: May 14, 2022

I had just moved from regional Vic to Melbourne and I bought an Ikea bed, a desk and small set of drawers for my home office - May 2nd. On the day I booked and paid for the IKEA assembly service to assemble my product on May 13. They DIDN'T show. I called 3pm - got a message service - I will pass the message on to a consultant - I am 62 years old and sleeping on the floor waiting for the bed to be assembled - I called 3 times - same thing - I called IKEA - same thing. I emailed - no response. No courtesy call, no communication. NOTHING. Absolutely disgusting lack of transparency and accountability - caused me so much stress. After reading other reviews I have realised this is very common practice for this company. WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED TO KEEP OPERATING LIKE THIS - WHY IS NO-ONE ACCOUNTABLE OR RESPONSIBLE. ADVOID AT ALL COST. A

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Ikea price dishonesty. I visited Ikea Tampines on May 6,2022 12pm and bought a pair of cushion cover that was on offer for S$9.90 ,offer price is written in red marker on the price label. While checking out it was scan as 12.90, after 100% confirmation 9.90 is the correct price, Cashier still cannot overwrite the price not even the floor manager.

My question is what type of TRUST does IKEA has for their employees. Floor manager don't even have authorization to overwrite price???? No one can change the system price. Meaning some innocents customer will pay the wrong price (if did not double check their price receipt) till they get the "CEO" to correct the price? Their only solution is you will have to pay their incorrect price and willing to walk to customer service wait on queue and get back the money. Is Ikea making customers take the responsible for IKEA mistake. So everyone check your receipt before you click the pay button or else you will not be told to walk to customer service to get your refund.

Resolution response: May 8, 2022

Ikea solved my issue "given I have a medical condition", so I'm happy. But, still, beware that although they have 180-day return policy for open products, mattresses are an exception! They have only 90 days to be returned. It is not that Ikea is lying in their website, it's just that the exception is mentioned in a different paragraph, more to the bottom of the page, no star * on the "180 days"... So, beware! And thanks Ikea for solving my issue.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I'm very frustrated with Ikea. I spent 700 dollars in Ikea's most expensive Mattress and trusted their "Love It or Change It" program that gave 180 days to return. 4 months later, when my wife started getting aches in her back and I'm getting aches in my shoulder and neck and I tried to return it, Ikea didn't accept and said I had only 90 days to return it... I'm very frustrated. The 180 days return policy is in Ikea's website, but we can't trust them. The experience I had was that the "Love It or Change It" program is a complete Lie! That it's only fake marketing! If I had purchased a cheap Mattress, I wouldn't be so frustrated, but I spent 700 dollars and expected a better Mattress, and a better Customer Service. By the way, their Mattresses are mid firm only for three months, then the foam sags... really bad... I don't know what I'll do with this... Avoid Ikea!

Resolution response: May 15, 2022

Gets better. Is it acceptable for a customer service employee of IKEA to dictate terms to a customer and have an attitude? I have one such girl call me up about my kitchen, did not introduce herself and the call was strange. When I asked if it was about the kitchen and she was returning our call she started dictating terms. We are already upset with the quality of the products sent and the long wait and we do not need a person telling us what to do. I was furious with her and said she was not qualified for the job when she went on and on to tell me about her master's degree (was this relevant?) that was totally useless as again I firmly say she was unsuitable for the job..

Original review: May 3, 2022

Had a beautiful kitchen designed by an IKEA expert taking into account the measurements of the room and where the equipment would be placed. The colour of the walls and floor tile was then matched to the designed kitchen. The kitchen could only be installed once the room was ready in terms of walls, ceiling, floor, electricity and water. The team arrived on the assigned day (very professional) fixed the cupboards deftly and efficiently but alas when they opened box after box of the countertops all they encountered were flawed countertops. Not a single piece could have passed any quality control check.

Over two months down the line and a few more trips to have the same experience we are left without a kitchen. These tops were checked for us in other countries and found to be in good condition which makes us wonder if we are receiving rejects into this part of the world. Such a pity as we do like IKEA and have no complaints with any of our previous purchases, in fact they are excellent pieces and have stood time well. To top this experience we bought a table with four chairs and on opening it found the table to have the same flaws in the wood. Clearly a case of having a supplier who produces inferior products taking the good name of IKEA down.

Original review: April 29, 2022

In a call of more than 30 mins, customer care couldn’t help me with anything. Since it's a big company, you believe in the existence of basic infrastructure for customer care. However it's not there. The customer care provider will put your call on hold for most basic questions and discuss with the team to get back. I would call it a complete waste of time to get help from them.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I went in to the store and had a whole room closet designed. I purchased what they had in stock and placed an order for what they did not. Called several times and order was not ready and told an email would be sent when it all has arrived as they were still waiting on some things. I never heard anything so I called again only to be told that the order was canceled when it had hit the 30 day mark and was not filled and everything that had came in was put out in the floor. I asked if they could reorder and either ship directly to me or let me know when it comes in and I will drive the hour and a half and pick it up as it arrives and told no. I have to come in and place my order in person because they can not do it over the phone and I fall outside their shipping area. So here I am, with all the guts and doors of a closet system and no closet itself! Worst customer service when it comes to making things right for a customer when they are clearly at fault.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Ordered delivery of bookcase and desk from IKEA and though they sent a text asking if it was ok to drop the item off (I replied "Yes" that it was), they still required a signature. I went downstairs and waited for the delivery driver but they never acknowledged or came up. I then received a call from IKEA and told them they could drop the item off but they asked me to sign for it. Told them we would be down to sign and the delivery driver left. Called to get the item delivered and they said they would have to redeliver a different date. Requested refund. Their system was down and the only solution was that I would have to call back later on hoping the system was back up so I can get my refund. Terrible experience and will never use IKEA again.

Original review: April 10, 2022

This item bolts were very difficult to install. I'm quick enough to assemble IKEA furnishings, and have done so many times but a purchase of this type of item will not be repeated, very disappointed in handling the bolts. The unit is nice, the bolts are the only problem.

Original review: April 9, 2022

July of 2020 I purchased a Haugesund mattress. It was a great price, the mattress was the most comfortable mattress ever... for about 6 months. Then out of the blue, one side sag. And this happened almost instantly. It's like something broke inside. So I turn the mattress around and use the other side for another 6 months, and it happened again. Now the whole mattress was unusable, left me with a horrible backache. Ikea was decent enough on the phone and arranged to deliver me another one (which is why I give them three stars). And just like the first mattress, it arrived and was incredibly comfortable and I was happy... Until the second mattress did exactly the same thing. I've had the 2nd mattress since November of 2021 and both sides have broken (5.5 months). I'm 159 lb, was this mattress only rated for women or men under 150 lbs?

I'd like to clarify that it actually breaks. It's not like it's sags gradually, it's like the area you sit on before laying down must weaken somehow, and then snap or break or what-- I don't know. But it has now happen to two mattresses, on both sides of each mattress. So I have experienced this "breaking" 4 times. No one expects to buy a mattress every 6 months. With that said, I found other reviews stating the exact same thing, and Ikea keeps selling them and they are definitely a very poor product.

IKEA author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Wide selection of designs that are both accessible and affordable. The company is continuing to franchise locations, and there are entire websites that are devoted to how to use their furniture in your home.

• Financing: Eligible customers can earn rewards on purchases or qualify for low promotional rates.

• Assembly: Products are designed to be easily assembled. Professional assembly services are available for a fee.

• Delivery: Flat rates for shipping and in-store delivery starting at $9.

• Returns: Purchases can be returned within 1 year.

IKEA Company Information