2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

4.0/5 (3320 ratings)

About IKEA

IKEA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I love Ikea designs. I don't like that much that you have to put together the furniture. If you are going to sell me half of the job done ✅ you should charge me half of the price. And the delivery is on me too? What are these people doing? They have all profits no costs? Really? How we arrive to this place? I think everything is overpriced if you consider you are putting the furniture together. They only sell you the plans and the raw material. They don't even cover the cost of the delivery. And the furniture is not such a good quality to justify the price but yes I love the design. Another bad point for this chain at least where I've been that was somewhere in S.F Valley in L.A. inside a mall. It took us forever the line to pay. There was too many people not enough cashiers.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Most of our furniture is from Ikea and I assembled it also. I am a small lady and I felt great being able to assemble it myself! I love the different smooth finishes of the wood furniture, and the clean lines. They do not go out of style. I gave the rating a 4 star because I have not seen sofas that I like a lot. Our sofas are from another source. I also love that you can find so many uniquely good looking & practical small items for your home while you may be looking for furniture. They have it all: lighting, rugs, pictures, frames, pots (love them) & pans, etc. I particularly love the children's department. It's filled with very cute furniture & wonderful unique toys at a low price.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Very practical furniture but not always for a long term perspective for usage. What I meant is that quality of the materials used in making it not so good. And I have to remark the ingenuity of the designers from IKEA. They are one of the best in the whole world and in the same time this is reflected into the price that it is kind of high for some of the items they sell. Very nice stores and very "direct" and they are not for the customer that comes just to "browse" because got bored with the furniture he already has. Clean and very shiny from the lights they used all around their furniture. Like they say, the better the looks the faster the sale!!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I use the one in New Haven, CT. It is very large and is fun to walk around. I don't typically buy any of the food from the dining area but I have bought food from here before. Some of my favorite pieces of furniture have been from IKEA. I'm not crazy about their couches, though or mattresses. I have bought bed frames, bedside tables, dressers and plenty of other household items from here. I absolutely LOVE assembling their products and I have never had any issues. Anything I have bought from here has lasted me forever.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I love that Ikea creating displays looking like real living places. I think it's genius idea, instead just slopping furniture in huge showroom. What Ikea does, it makes these cozy living like nooks, that looks like real living space. That allows me to see actual size of the furniture. I had bought sofa- bed at Raymour and Flanigan Outlet probably 7 years ago, in showroom it looked normal size, but when it got delivered, it looked to bulky in my living-room. Yes, measuring will help, but visual display the way Ikea does, very helpful as well. Just do not go to Ikea on weekends, it's a zoo.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Ikea's online experience is terrible. They are not set up to sell online and still try to 'force' you to visit their brick and mortar stores. They do not keep you informed about changes in delivery dates or order or even a cancellation of an order (as was my case), I had to phone customer service (who are friendly and try to be helpful) but cannot really help. They take you money on order and are very late to repay you when they cancel your order. I am still waiting for my refund and it is coming on to 10 days! DO NOT buy from IKEA online - bad experience and extremely poor service.

Original review: July 26, 2021

They made me wait for a month without any notification and when I contacted them, they forced me to cancel the order saying that they can't resend the order that is damaged by FedEx because of covid. Not sure how it relates in any way.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I have never been more upset with a company than I am with the IKEA online shopping. I ordered almost $1000 dollars worth of merchandise for my daughter's bedroom. Once I ordered the furniture and mattress it said the delivery would take about a month and a half to be delivered. From June 2nd 2021 to July, 20th 2021. Okay... No problem. We can wait. Waited and then July 20th came around. Called and was told the order is running late, wait 7 more days and if nothing changes call back. Two days later, July 22nd. Email, "Your order has been cancelled." Wait... What... So I call back. I was told the items were out of stock so the order was cancelled. SERIOUSLY??? FOR ALMOST TWO MONTHS... REALLY? Now I have to wait 1 to 2 weeks for a refund. Never again will I EVER shop their website. Wouldn't even recommend it AT ALL.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Something has gone wrong between IKEA and FedEx and my order was not delivered to me. It looks the order since it was damaged was sent back to Ikea but Ikea has no clue about my order and aren't willing to help resolve this issue.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I placed an order for seven run-of-the-mill items like towels and kitchen stuff on June 16. On JULY 15 they are finally being “picked”, with a shipping arrival date of July 19th. In the meantime I get a notice my cancellation has been refunded to bank. What cancellation?? And Guess what? Never happens. IKEA site still shows order in process. I could have walked the 100 miles to my closest IKEA by now, bought my stuff, and walked home. This is ridiculous.

IKEA author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Wide selection of designs that are both accessible and affordable. The company is continuing to franchise locations, and there are entire websites that are devoted to how to use their furniture in your home.

• Financing: Eligible customers can earn rewards on purchases or qualify for low promotional rates.

• Assembly: Products are designed to be easily assembled. Professional assembly services are available for a fee.

• Delivery: Flat rates for shipping and in-store delivery starting at $9.

• Returns: Purchases can be returned within 1 year.

IKEA Company Information