1.10/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

1439 IKEA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 20, 2019

I had purchased a kitchen cabinet and cancelled the order before delivery. I was told I’d receive a refund of $560 as soon as their delivery truck returned it to their distribution center. That was over a week ago. Since then, I’ve tried multiple times (at least 4 times a day) to contact customer service. I’m beginning to think IKEA's customer service consists of one person who works between the hours of 9:00am-9:01, 12:17pm-12:17:45pm. If you call IKEA’s customer service, plan on being on hold for hours (no joke) until you finally give up. I will never do shop at this store again due to their terrible customer service. You’ve been warned.

Original review: April 17, 2019

The store is impressive and the layout of the store walks the consumer around all of what Ikea has to offer. Sales staff is helpful and gives the phrase "softsale" a whole new meaning. That said out of 5 items ordered 3 were damaged, 1 missing and 1 was acceptable. After paying to have the merchandise picked delivered and then assembled I had to get replacement parts. They arrived damaged. The one item missing they gave a partial credit! The item we kept for a 15% discount we never got the discount, overall a very bad showing for Ikea!!!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

We were hesitant to go with Ikea for our recent couch purchase but the price was much better than others and decided to go for it. At first we attempted to add our custom couch to our online cart but it did not work as some of the pieces were unavailable though it wouldn't tell you which ones which required us to go through every piece to figure it out. We saw many of the pieces allegedly available in our store and went back to try to get whatever pieces we could there and order the rest online. Those pieces were not in store but we were able to talk to a customer service rep who went through every piece and found many were changing product numbers and was able to piece the whole couch together with the old and new product numbers and schedule a delivery for us.

Delivery window assigned the day before for 10-2. We got a call around 12:15 saying the truck was between 5-30 min away, sure enough 10 min later they arrived. Unloaded everything, nothing missing, nothing damaged and they were quite quick with the many boxes. All and all after figuring out the ordering with a very helpful customer service rep, everything was very smooth from the in store order to delivery. Pleasantly surprised with our experience and would certainly recommend our local store/delivery.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Ikea has ZERO concern for the customers! I paid for delivery and assembly and they damaged the wardrobe. When I got the replacement (after 3 appointment attempts they screwed up - aka I waited home for nothing.) They finally replaced the wardrobe but damaged one of the door-handles. Worst of all is that they left the HUGE DAMAGED wardrobe behind! In my tiny NYC apartment, in the middle of my hallway, leaving me 4 inches to pass. A liability and a fire hazard! Not to mention that they wouldn't move it so I had to! That is what I paid them for!! So I wouldn't have to strain my back.

After 7 additional attempts to have the damaged wardrobe removed, Ikea keeps screwing up the appointment, even giving me appointment times randomly that I never agreed to. I emailed their CEOs, overseas and US and they literally could care less. Now that I rescheduled my life 7 additional times to get this huge garbage removed from my apartment, they are telling me I have to wait (9-6) yet again and that is my only option! Ikea clearly hates their customers or they would take ownership and get this done without making me take yet more time off from work and wait around for nothing. I have zero confidence this next scheduled pickup will actually happen. WORST CUSTOMER (NON) SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN MY LIFE. ABSOLUTE WORST!!!

Original review: April 12, 2019

The worst customer service I've experienced in my life has been with Ikea several times over the last few weeks. Advertised discounts not honored, items out of stock that are listed online as in stock at my local store, defective parts that they've asked me to bend over backwards to replace. So many problems, so many items out of stock but not listed as so, so many wasted trips to the local store (2.5 hours round trip from my house each time).

When I go to buy online instead of driving to the store again, they refuse to waive the $100 shipping fee. Yet they won't let me purchase my entire order at once and arrange for pick up at one time either. I've spent a significant amount of money at this store over the past several weeks, but whenever I contact them with an issue they say "sorry for the inconvenience, let us know if we can help with anything else". What is going on? A global company that cannot find a solution for a customer who is buying a whole new kitchen and bedroom storage setup. I would recommend avoiding IKEA if you can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Original review: April 12, 2019

I received a voicemail today at 11:54 stating the delivery truck was outside my home. They would wait 15 minutes and if I didn’t ‘arrive’ they would leave and reschedule. At 11:56 I received a call stating my delivery would arrive between 10 am-2 pm today (note it was already 11:56). I pressed yes to confirm delivery but also waited and spoke with a customer representative. Very long story short, they said the delivery company attempted delivery but due to a road closure they couldn’t reach my neighborhood. I immediately jumped into my car and drove out of our neighborhood to the main road.

Imagine this, no construction anywhere, let alone a road closure. They gave me American Logistics (the delivery company they use) number to call. Another long story short, they refused to come back, still stating the road was closed, and since they only deliver on Fridays I would have to wait until next week. I do like IKEA's products, but will NEVER order on-line again. And not to mention, they charge $99 for the worst delivery service ever! Shame on IKEA for not monitoring their delivery department more closely.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My handicapped full-time student daughter used her debit card to purchase a $500 sofa from the Brooklyn store location on 13th August 2018. To date (11th April 2019), she still has not received her sofa or a refund EIGHT MONTHS later. This is despite numerous attempts by her and now by me. I'm trying to 'fight her corner' from England with nothing from IKEA apart from CSC Afterlife, oops, I mean Aftersales, with 'apologies' but no explanation. I know these staff members are given a script to refer to, but their responses have been full of untruths and excrement. I will be contacting the Federal Trade Commission next. How many other people has IKEA ripped off? and I don't mean just the vulnerable customers. Shocking. Disgusting. Unacceptable. Illegal. IKEA doesn't even deserve 1 star but that's the only way I could proceed with this review.

Original review: April 1, 2019

My order has still not been delivered properly. The original order date was March 15 to be sent to my parents' address because my dad is retired and would be there to sign. He was there to sign for the order on March 21, but the delivery driver dropped off someone else’s order and not mine. I contacted IKEA and the customer service rep told me they would have someone pick it up and drop off the right order. She asked if I wanted to change the address for delivery and I said yes, change it to my apartment. So I wait a few days and receive a call it’s going to be delivered March 25. Then on March 25, I get a text from the delivery driver with a picture of the furniture dropped off at the original address, not the one I had changed it to. I went over to my parents' address to pick it up, and only 3 of the 4 boxes were there.

When I spoke to the delivery driver, they said they were only given 3 boxes from Ikea in Round Rock. But clearly on each box it says 2 of 4, 3 of 4, and 4 of 4. I didn’t get box 1 of 4. The delivery driver said he would still come to my apartment to pick up the ORIGINAL wrong person's furniture from the very first drop off, which he did. I called IKEA to tell them I am missing box 1 of 4, plus explained all of the problems I have had with this delivery, and the lady said they would be shipping me an entirely new dresser with all 4 parts. I told her I only needed box 1 of 4 but she insisted they resend everything, and the delivery driver would pick up the other 3 boxes when they drop the 4 boxes off.

She gave me the delivery fee back, but when I asked for a manager or supervisor to explain this and get some sort of discount or anything really for all of the trouble, she said the manager would only give the delivery fee back. So I said okay and verified with her the dresser would be coming to my APARTMENT address. She said yes and they would call me when it’s being delivered.

Now it is April 1 and I am still waiting for the dresser and have not received one call saying it will be delivered soon. This has been such a terrible experience. I won’t be buying from IKEA again and highly recommend not using their delivery services simply based on my own experience. When I spoke to customer service the second time, the lady was nice but made it seem like errors are quite common. If I don’t get the dresser by this Friday I will be asking for a refund and will take it as a lesson to simply never order from there again. I understand mistakes happen, but this many in a row with no effort to expedite anything has caused quite the mess.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Ordered no. ** Dubai. Delivery took place in sealed box. Several items from the order were missing and logged a complaint. The customer service treated us as if we missed the items. There was no apology nor intent to resolve the problem. I would henceforth hesitate to buy anything from IKEA.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Ikea discontinued their Akurum Kitchen line in 2015. They did not stock any replacement products and can't honor their warranty!!! So if you have a defect in your kitchen cabinets they can't replace any parts for them under warranty. Leaving the customer with no recourse. The case can go to a Resolution Team that is hell bent NOT TO PAY YOU the fair amount that is supposed to be covered under warranty. The company knew this line had a lot of defects and discounted the cabinets and under false pretense and is not able to make replacement parts on the cabinets! If you do fight this Ikea has hired a 3rd party company to come to your home and evaluate the damage.

Of course the party will try and dispute your claim for some bogus reason and then Ikea will try and pay you far less for the defective item. I did not go through this process because they try and stretch the time you wait forever. When I tried to pursue my claim further they wanted me to sign a document that I would have to relinquish my Lifetime Limited Kitchen Warranty and they would pay more.

Unfortunately the cabinets cannot be replaced by a 3rd party because they can't be exactly duplicated to match the finish that is unique to Ikea cabinets only! I recently checked and have seen thousands of complaints from dissatisfied customers from the national Better Business Bureau. Ikea has a better reputation in Europe than it has in the United States. I see from the reviews that customers are discussing a Class Action Lawsuit!

Original review: March 28, 2019

We went to Ikea because we have a small kitchen and wanted to utilize the space the best we could which is what Ikea is known for. 1) They measured the kitchen wrong, 2) They sold us wrong pieces, 3) We had to waste a ton of cabinet space because they measured wrong, 3) They installed the wrong pieces, 4) they put cabinet hardware over the tape on the cabinets used to protect them during shipping (none of the tape was removed prior to installation and now most of it can't be without taking everything apart), we had to take several trips to the store (which is 35 miles away) to return and exchange pieces.

I couldn't watch the installers every second so it was too late to go back and take out the wrong pieces (and remove the tape) without taking the entire kitchen apart. We lost so much space it's unbelievable. The guy who came out to measure didn't have a clue. The person at the store ordered LOTS of wrong parts. HORRID, HORRID, HORRID.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Ikea has many good things going for it. I like their products and their prices but if you should require customer service or help from their IT department you may be in for trouble. I spent several hours in the store selecting the goods to furnish a 2 bedroom apartment that had tenants moving in in 6 days. The people at the store told me that I should place the order online and I would get delivery much faster. Stupidly, I accepted their advice. After spending about two hours entering the purchase info in I was informed that I must log in to go further. After attempting to log in numerous times without success, I called customer service. Not only did I have to re-enter all the info, the system would not allow me to fill out the required forms to make the purchase. I called customer service again and THIS is where my nightmare began.

It took several hours to resolve that problem but I was finally able to log in and proceed with my purchase. BUT NOOOOO!! Without going into all the detail I will just say that I spent over 7 HOURS on the phone attempting to resolve the matter. This ended with me finally talking to a supervisor who listened to me and promised someone from the IT dept. would call me the next day. You guessed it. No call, no e-mail, no nothing. I called customer service again and again and again, by now I have already spoken to half of India, and after spending another 1.5 hours on the phone was told that if I wanted the merchandise I would need to go to the store (about a six hour drive for me) and order it there because I could not speak to IT and they could not help me.

This has been a nightmare of the first proportions and if I weren't in such a critical situation, I would NEVER to go an Ikea store again. Oh yeah, I had a very similar experience a year and a half ago with them and got the same empty apologies and excuses. I find whole experience remarkable for a multi-billion dollar company to have such a poorly designed website and poorly organized customer service department. I doubt this review will have much impact on one of the most popular retailers in the world but I can only tell my story and let you decide if this is a legitimate complaint or hot air. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: March 26, 2019

They will close your credit card without any reasons! I have credit score 800+ and they have closed my IKEA® Visa® credit card. Right after 2 weeks I've opened it with excuses of 'excessive inquiries'! That is non-sense! Comenity Bank is the worse business I've ever dealed in US. Don't even think about getting CC from this bank.

Original review: March 24, 2019

IKEA has nice products, not always at good price not to say sometimes expensive for the quality BUT the worse part is their after sale service policy which is not admissible. They just care to sell the products & do not care about the after sale service. I wonder how many more years this company can survive without proper customer services. Of course they have a "Contact us" "mail us" options but no one will never reply to you. For example, 2-3 weeks back, I wrote them complaining about the repair of my reclining chair. Till today no one to reply to my mail. Even if you put a comment in their "comment box" no one will have the amiability to answer you back. Arpy ** from Dubai

Original review: March 23, 2019

I was moving and bought 3 as is sofas for an incredible price! I asked IKEA to store them for me until I moved. I paid for storage and delivery. But IKEA did not deliver the items and now they have lost them. I have had to phone three times to discover this. I am so disappointed. Clearly the sofas exist somewhere but IKEA can't be bothered to locate them. They say they will refund me the money. But I want the sofas that I paid for because they represented a far higher value.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I purchased a mattress from IKEA three weeks ago, in part because they have a 365 day return policy. I decided to return the mattress but require IKEA to pick it up, which is a service they offer. I have called/emailed to get a hold of a human being so I can return the mattress no fewer than 30 times and have yet to be connected to someone who can assist.

Upon calling, I am normally disconnected before I can speak to any person due to "higher than normal call volumes." Note, IKEA does not have a system to put callers on hold or schedule a call back. If there isn't someone available to speak to you at the EXACT moment you call, you are immediately disconnected. On the three occasions I have been able to get through to an actual human being, I have been told I need to be transferred to another department. Each time I was transferred, I was again immediately disconnected due to "higher than normal call volumes." (Note to IKEA: if you never have enough people available to take calls, then it's not "higher than normal." It's just normal.)

Finally, I sent an email to IKEA where I clearly explained that I have been unable to reach someone to schedule my return. Two days later, I received the below email. They did not respond to my follow up email where I explained I understand their return policy, and just need someone to pick up the mattress. So back to calling the broken line! I like their products but will never shop here again for any large purchase for as long as live.

"Thank you for reaching out to IKEA. We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing a difficult time contacting us by phone. We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with your mattress. IKEA mattresses offer the "Love It or Exchange It" Return Policy: You may exchange your mattress once within 365 days if you don't love it. Return your mattress with your receipt or a copy of your order information to the store and select your new mattress. We are unable to exchange your mattress if your merchandise is found to be dirty, stained, damaged or abused. This cannot be handled remotely. We hope this information has been helpful. Thanks for choosing IKEA. If you experience any further issues or have any additional questions, please contact us again through the contact form located on our website, https://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/contact-us/or contact us at 1-888-888-4532."

Original review: March 8, 2019

I wrote a lengthy letter to the GM of the South Philadelphia IKEA branch. To this day nearly a year later, I’ve not heard from him nor anyone else at IKEA regarding my unsatisfactory shopping experience. I’ve reached out repeatedly to him, resending my letter, calling customer service, etc etc. DO NOT BUY from IKEA. If anything goes wrong in any capacity with something purchased, good luck. They are a complete joke with any type of responsiveness.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I ordered a bed online on the 21 Feb 2019 to be delivered on 28 Feb 2019, which all paperwork confirmed that it would be delivered on the 28th Feb 2019. On 28 Feb I received a Tracking code for a transport company Toll advising the delivery was due on the 4th March. When I rang Customer Service a very rude person named Tim told me that I was wrong and that I would not have any paperwork that said it would be delivered on the 28th Feb 2019 that all their paperwork said estimated delivery date. I had the paperwork printed and in my hand and it clearly said Delivery Date: 28 Feb 2019. When he continued to be rude, I asked to speak to his Supervisor he refused to transfer the call and told me I had no choice I had to wait.

When I called back to speak to another person in Customer Service I was told that they could not hand out the number of the Supervisor and they could not transfer me and they could not provide me with the number of the head office so I could appraise them of the poor service I was being dealt. I have been an Ikea customer for many years and have spent a lot of money with them. They have now lost my business entirely.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I ordered an ASKVOLL two-drawer chest on January 15. The receipt noted that the items would be received by January 21. Two weeks after the supposed delivery date, I called to follow up on the order as I had not received any follow-up communication from IKEA. I was passed from one person to another before they told me that it was a shipping glitch and I would receive the order soon. Two weeks later I had still not received the order and again, there was NO follow up communication, so I called again. Once again, I was passed from one person to another before they explained that the items were on back order and would be shipped as soon as they were back in the warehouse.

Today is February 27. Again, I have received my order and there has been no follow up communication. So, I called once again. I again was shuffled from one person to another before I was told that the items had been shipped on January 18 and FedEx had not followed through with delivery. The customer service/resolution department stated they would re-order the items and I would have them in 5 - 7 business days. I am confident this is not a FEDEX issue. I have never had a problem like this with any other company, nor with FEDEX. IKEA has a serious and significant customer service problem that needs to be addressed. If these items were not matching items, accompanying something we had already purchased, I would have canceled this order long ago. Needless to say, I will NEVER order from IKEA again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Two separate orders in two days and each one has something missing from it, one being our baby crib. You then call IKEA & they state their call volume is high, then you're disconnected. You try to do an online complaint & they have all kinds of info you have to fill out with half of it not even being available on any type of paperwork you've received. I learned to press a different number than what you're wanting & you’ll finally get connected to someone who can help. Now I’m stuck waiting 7-14 business days hoping my crib will be delivered. I took a day off for this delivery losing money & they could care less... I’ll never buy anything from IKEA again...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

A sales representative sold us the wrong bed base for our bed and now IKEA states we have to pay a return fee/pick up fee for them to collect the incorrect base and a delivery fee for the correct item to be delivered. I have to pay double for one of their mistakes!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I placed a $3K in-store (Pittsburgh, PA) order 2/7/19 and, because they were heavy items, requested delivery. I first explicitly asked the Ikea rep if the delivery service would deliver the items to the bedroom (2nd floor) where they would be assembled. She indicated that the delivery service would do so. The company called with a delivery window and again about 30 min. from my house - which was great - but the 2 men would not take the boxes to the bedroom. One of the men said "Lady, we ain't taking these up no steps. We're putting them in the first dry room nearest the door."

So, now I have to pay someone to carry the boxes upstairs so that they can be assembled, as they are too heavy for me to carry. My attempt to contact IKEA was unsuccessful - only got a message that there were too many customer service calls and to try again. I'm going to try to contact them later tonight to get return of some of delivery fee. Bottom line...if you don't have to use delivery service for IKEA... Don't!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I was given a gift card as a birthday present. I had just moved countries to Italy and the card was mislaid in the clearing up. IKEA very kindly replaced the card BUT after having to wait ONE YEAR to make sure nobody had used it (air enough). Milan IKEA legal department replaced this card towards the end of last year (2018) and I have been trying since then to activate the card. I am being sent from one email address to another, seven so far, even as far as the United States of America and NOBODY, BUT NOBODY is helping me. Does anybody have any suggestions. I want to purchase goods but not unless I can use this card.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Place an order in-store on February 14 and insisted it was for delivery and assembly. On February 16, 2 people show at the scheduled time and announce they will assemble only one of 6 pieces of furniture. They also stated they were not certified IKEA assemblers. I had to drive back to the store (Live Oak) because there was no answer on the phone number provided and there was a message to visit the website, then wait 48-72 hours for a reply.

In the store, 2 employees fix the order, charge a new amount for assembly because there was an error in how the employees on Feb 14 entered it. An assembly appointment was scheduled for today February 17 between 8 and 12. By 1 p.m. I made phone calls to North American Logistics (subcontracted by IKEA to deliver and assemble). A dispatcher stated she would call when she got a hold of the driver. Eventually I received a text message from one of the people who delivered boxes the day before, stating there were many problems with the trucks and it would be some three hours to arrive. It is 4:30 p.m. and still no one has shown up.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have been trying to place an order for two days now and finally decided to call IKEA because I can’t complete the order online. My online problem is that once I complete the order and calculate the shipping I have the option to “begin checkout” which I do select. I then see the screen with my billing address and IKEA FAMILY card number and I do click the checkboxes to confirm the privacy policy and receiving emails. Then I click the “save and continue to delivery box” which takes me back to the previous screen without the shipping calculation and an error message that reads “an unknown error has occurred. Please try again later or contact customer service.” So after trying all day yesterday and again today I decided to call customer service; however, I get a message that says “due to high call volume they can’t take my call!”

How am I supposed to order anything if I can’t do it online and I can’t speak to a customer service representative? I can’t even leave a message that gets the order placed because they might respond to this email within 48-72 hours and the sale ends 2/18/2019. I might be able to complete the transaction if I opted to go to the closest location and pick the order up myself; however, that’s a 220-mile roundtrip taking a minimum of 4 hours and at least $18 worth of gas plus wear and tear on my vehicle. Sad that I can’t complete the order online AND get it delivered!! And I sent them two email messages because their system did not send me an acknowledgment of my first message and maybe it isn’t set up to do so. This is NOT customer service!!! This is a disservice to EVERYONE who would like to shop with IKEA but can't.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

It has taken over a month, almost 2 hours in phone called, multiple deliveries, refusal to discount the product despite all the terrible inconvenience, changes of delivery dates, and I am still not sure if I have all the parts I ordered. Worst delivery experience I have ever had. If what you want is more expensive elsewhere, pay it. IKEA cheaper prices aren’t worth all the hassle of getting the product to you. Customer service is always friendly and they want to help but they weren’t able to get it fixed with the delivery company. The manager was the least helpful and refused to discount the product, stating “I can’t lower the price” even though it was full price (not on sale).

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I purchased a couch at IKEA and it was never delivered. Both the IKEA company and its delivery partner denied having the item. They blamed each other for the problem. I will never purchase another IKEA product after waiting for delivery on 4 separate occasions and never receiving the couch. The delivery company didn’t even bother to call me to tell me that they wouldn’t be coming. It was a huge waste of time. IKEA says that they will give me a refund as soon as the delivery team returns the couch. The delivery company says that they don’t have the couch because when they went to pick it up, IKEA didn’t have it. Don’t waste your time!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I would like to highlight two major concerns: 1) Poor Food Hygiene (BFH & PIC Level down) 2) Rude/Neglective Customer Service Reps. To address point 1:

I visited IKEA store in Festival City for the first time. May I highlight, the background I come from is that of a hotel/restaurant industry, BFH (Basic Food Hygiene) is a core. It was absolutely appalling to see how the food is adulterated and violated under the Dubai Municipality standards. I was planning on having the mixed vegetables and chips.

I saw one lady from the ** perhaps, taking on order for a lady ahead of me, who asked for veg balls and mix vegetables, the lady poured meat balls and vegetables. The customer then decided to change the order so, this chef who was serving puts the meat back in the sheffing dish and the vegetables that were touched by meat in the vegetable sheffing dish. It was a horrific experience.

I am a vegan, vegatarian by choice and allergic to dairy. I can't find the food that fits me I go with chips and I have no qualms about that. I had asked the Filipino lady chef for a plate of chips. She served chicken bits with chips on it. Then I corrected her saying just chips please, she only took off the chicken, I had to tell her how could you mix veg and non veg? She made a face and gave me just the chips in a new plate. I had my concerns with the food adulteration and had to give it away. My concern here is, how come such a big brand not have their staffs equipped with BFH, it is the foundation of running a food industry.

To address point 2: The people over the counter on the ground floor are rude too. They sound like tape-recorders or machines, have no sense of human touch whatsoever. Either they have no help and are working extra hours (unpaid), or dissatisfied with their employer. I don't suppose after this I will ever visit the counter/store ever again. IKEA may have good products and perhaps the business is doing well too, but if the people who represent them are not trained well or not happy it only speaks ill of IKEA as a firm. Thank you for reading.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

You get a different answer as to why you don't have your items or where they are or when they might possibly get there every time you call. I had the order split into two, different case numbers assigned to different situations, disagreements over who had the item or what item was even ordered or which items had or hadn't been delivered. They don't seem to have access to an itemized receipt or itemized proof of delivery and the different departments don't coordinate with each other. They don't have their own shipping company so they hire it out to, it seems, whoever is cheapest. Those companies will say you get to pick a delivery window, then assign you a different window, then show up early, late or not at all. It truly is not worth your time or money to order from them. You will spend hours on the phone and the onus is entirely on you to figure out what the hell happened. Either pick it up in person or don't get it at all.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I'm always shocked at the terrible level of quality and durability of Ikea products. Every single one of their fabric products I've ever purchased, carpets, rugs, towels, sheets basically anything made of any synthetic material is chock-full of chemicals. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars at Ikea, their return policy is horrendous. They seem almost intentionally drastically understaffed, there's always a huge wait, they even have a number system if that tells you anything about how long the wait is. I've only tried to return a single item in my entire consumer live at Ikea, a $299 carpet that had a tiny hardened spot probably one centimeter big that they claimed was a paint stain, the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, it was the exact same color as the carpet fabric was probably there from the time that I purchased it. They're like any other horrible big corporation that finds any excuse and take your money but not give it back.

IKEA expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Wide selection of designs that are both accessible and affordable. The company is continuing to franchise locations, and there are entire websites that are devoted to how to use their furniture in your home.

• Financing: Eligible customers can earn rewards on purchases or qualify for low promotional rates.

• Assembly: Products are designed to be easily assembled. Professional assembly services are available for a fee.

• Delivery: Flat rates for shipping and in-store delivery starting at $9.

• Returns: Purchases can be returned within 1 year.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs