2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.32/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

IKEA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I love Ikea designs. I don't like that much that you have to put together the furniture. If you are going to sell me half of the job done ✅ you should charge me half of the price. And the delivery is on me too? What are these people doing? They have all profits no costs? Really? How we arrive to this place? I think everything is overpriced if you consider you are putting the furniture together. They only sell you the plans and the raw material. They don't even cover the cost of the delivery. And the furniture is not such a good quality to justify the price but yes I love the design. Another bad point for this chain at least where I've been that was somewhere in S.F Valley in L.A. inside a mall. It took us forever the line to pay. There was too many people not enough cashiers.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Most of our furniture is from Ikea and I assembled it also. I am a small lady and I felt great being able to assemble it myself! I love the different smooth finishes of the wood furniture, and the clean lines. They do not go out of style. I gave the rating a 4 star because I have not seen sofas that I like a lot. Our sofas are from another source. I also love that you can find so many uniquely good looking & practical small items for your home while you may be looking for furniture. They have it all: lighting, rugs, pictures, frames, pots (love them) & pans, etc. I particularly love the children's department. It's filled with very cute furniture & wonderful unique toys at a low price.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I have 4 pieces of furniture that I ordered in early May from IKEA. I was forced to schedule delivery for June 14th...then rescheduled for the 15th. The delivery company they use is crappy XPO. These items did not come on the delivery dates. I contacted XPO and IKEA for an answer. Then I received emails and calls from XPO about it being delivered today between 12pm-4pm June 20th. The representatives on the phone changed the times of the delivery window to 9am-9pm. Another person said they never got the items from IKEA to the hub. I have contacted IKEA by email multiple times. I have spent 300 dollars and I want my refund! They can't even pick up the phones. It shuts right off after you select info on an existing online purchase. Why can't anybody get in touch with ikea? Why does my tracking keep changing to "out for delivery" to "ordered place" all the time???

How can IKEA take my 300 bucks before they actually get it on a truck for delivery? I still have not received a response to my emails! They are taking people's money and hiding. I don't trust IKEA and I will never buy from them again! The furniture are essential. Clothes still on the floor, no dresser! I am highly upset! Refund Please. You don't even know where my items are!!

Original review: June 13, 2020

After reading all these horrible reviews I was very hesitant to order next day expedited delivery from my local Ikea. I ordered two dressers and got a confirmation, order pending, email right after submitting the order. They give you the option to pick what time and date you desire to have your order delivered. The next day I got a phone call from the delivery company saying they were 30 minutes away and had my order. I asked them to leave it on the porch. They left it right on the porch and arrived exactly 30 minutes after like they stated on the phone. I was so happy they came through for me. Put everything together and it's all perfect, boxes were in perfect condition on delivery. Glad I took a chance and sent in my order considering the line at Ikea is around the building. Try the expedited shipping.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I placed a furniture order on 3/27, with a delivery date of 4/8. That date came and went with no update. Obviously this is a difficult time, but I was frustrated that IKEA was happy to take my money but made no effort to provide any communication once the delivery date had passed. I called customer service and was on hold for about one minute before Kerthia A. picked up. I wasn't expecting someone so friendly on the other end of the call, but she could not have been more helpful or kind. She was very transparent about the likelihood that my order would be delivered, so when I decided to cancel, she processed everything quickly. Even though I'm disappointed I won't get my order, the whole customer service process was surprisingly easy and helpful from start to finish.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

The comparatively affordable prices with comparatively good quality and wide variety of products make it a good place to shop. The drawbacks are that you have to build many items yourself or may hire somebody to do so which increases the price and that a lot of their furniture is good until you move it.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Hi, I am trying to get some assistance and none of the channels is answering. Extremely frustrated with IKEA service. I made a big order and paid extra to have express delivery. For my surprise, the products were delivered by taxi drivers that I had to help and one of the products were damaged, not their fault is just that they didn't have proper training and equipment to carry it properly.

The second problem is that items of my order were not delivered and still with no estimation when it will be. No contact from IKEA about my missing products and I don't have any channel to complain to. I tried to call customer service several times, but after 15min on the phone, I give up. So, I am still waiting for my missing products and my delivery fee to be refunded as it was not delivered on the expected date.

Guilherme

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I ordered three small kitchen items for delivery. 2 items were fine, but a mortal and pestle came with the box damaged (inside the undamaged shipping box), had obviously been opened, the edge of the mortar was chipped, and the pestle looked used. I believe this product had been sold and returned. Reselling used items without disclosing that fact is poor service, especially when it is a food related kitchen tool.

I attempted to contact their customer support, but had no luck with their phone number, and the email option states they only accepted emails for returns. I would like a replacement. I have always found their stores to be quite a good experience, but I no longer live within a reasonable driving distance. I shouldn't have to return "used" items sold as new. Their website customer support is one of the worst I've encountered in many years.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

The furniture bedding, sofas etc. are made with cheap low-quality materials that tend to break and fall apart. When I purchase furniture I want it made to last for years to come not have to replace it every other year.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Every IKEA I've been in, California, Illinois, Texas... they always have exceptional customer service! The selection is so varied to meet so many different types of styles of decorating for all ages. The best thing about IKEA is how they always have awesome ideas for storage and staging for decorating. And, you can't go to IKEA without having the Swedish meatballs!

IKEA author review by ConsumerAffairs

Wide selection of designs that are both accessible and affordable. The company is continuing to franchise locations, and there are entire websites that are devoted to how to use their furniture in your home.

• Financing: Eligible customers can earn rewards on purchases or qualify for low promotional rates.

• Assembly: Products are designed to be easily assembled. Professional assembly services are available for a fee.

• Delivery: Flat rates for shipping and in-store delivery starting at $9.

• Returns: Purchases can be returned within 1 year.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team