2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.94/5
Based on 2,480 ratings submitted in the last year

IKEA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I love Ikea designs. I don't like that much that you have to put together the furniture. If you are going to sell me half of the job done ✅ you should charge me half of the price. And the delivery is on me too? What are these people doing? They have all profits no costs? Really? How we arrive to this place? I think everything is overpriced if you consider you are putting the furniture together. They only sell you the plans and the raw material. They don't even cover the cost of the delivery. And the furniture is not such a good quality to justify the price but yes I love the design. Another bad point for this chain at least where I've been that was somewhere in S.F Valley in L.A. inside a mall. It took us forever the line to pay. There was too many people not enough cashiers.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Most of our furniture is from Ikea and I assembled it also. I am a small lady and I felt great being able to assemble it myself! I love the different smooth finishes of the wood furniture, and the clean lines. They do not go out of style. I gave the rating a 4 star because I have not seen sofas that I like a lot. Our sofas are from another source. I also love that you can find so many uniquely good looking & practical small items for your home while you may be looking for furniture. They have it all: lighting, rugs, pictures, frames, pots (love them) & pans, etc. I particularly love the children's department. It's filled with very cute furniture & wonderful unique toys at a low price.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Very practical furniture but not always for a long term perspective for usage. What I meant is that quality of the materials used in making it not so good. And I have to remark the ingenuity of the designers from IKEA. They are one of the best in the whole world and in the same time this is reflected into the price that it is kind of high for some of the items they sell. Very nice stores and very "direct" and they are not for the customer that comes just to "browse" because got bored with the furniture he already has. Clean and very shiny from the lights they used all around their furniture. Like they say, the better the looks the faster the sale!!!

Original review: June 22, 2020

I have 4 pieces of furniture that I ordered in early May from IKEA. I was forced to schedule delivery for June 14th...then rescheduled for the 15th. The delivery company they use is crappy XPO. These items did not come on the delivery dates. I contacted XPO and IKEA for an answer. Then I received emails and calls from XPO about it being delivered today between 12pm-4pm June 20th. The representatives on the phone changed the times of the delivery window to 9am-9pm. Another person said they never got the items from IKEA to the hub. I have contacted IKEA by email multiple times. I have spent 300 dollars and I want my refund! They can't even pick up the phones. It shuts right off after you select info on an existing online purchase. Why can't anybody get in touch with ikea? Why does my tracking keep changing to "out for delivery" to "ordered place" all the time???

How can IKEA take my 300 bucks before they actually get it on a truck for delivery? I still have not received a response to my emails! They are taking people's money and hiding. I don't trust IKEA and I will never buy from them again! The furniture are essential. Clothes still on the floor, no dresser! I am highly upset! Refund Please. You don't even know where my items are!!

Original review: June 13, 2020

After reading all these horrible reviews I was very hesitant to order next day expedited delivery from my local Ikea. I ordered two dressers and got a confirmation, order pending, email right after submitting the order. They give you the option to pick what time and date you desire to have your order delivered. The next day I got a phone call from the delivery company saying they were 30 minutes away and had my order. I asked them to leave it on the porch. They left it right on the porch and arrived exactly 30 minutes after like they stated on the phone. I was so happy they came through for me. Put everything together and it's all perfect, boxes were in perfect condition on delivery. Glad I took a chance and sent in my order considering the line at Ikea is around the building. Try the expedited shipping.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Loose parts thrown in back of car, no box. Drove 3 hours home and parts missing. Other furniture broken. Was told by Ikea rep to throw away furniture and I would get refund. Five months later, no refund. I have called numerous times and told same story.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I decided on several items to purchase. Two were not available but when shopping nothing was indicated they were unavailable. The delivery price for the two items that were available with a total price of under $60 was $99 exorbitant. I will now have to search a totally different site for what I need. I also had quite a few other items saved for later for after I did a more thorough design plan. Guess I'll look elsewhere. Very disappointed!!

Original review: April 21, 2021

My first experience at IKEA will be my last. Saturday, March 20, 2021, I drove an hour and a half from my home to IKEA. I was so excited for my first time, as I am a huge lover of interior design and home decor. I went in after some research looking for some clear dining chairs. I fell in love with the TOBIAS chair and had my mind set on getting them. I looked on the website that morning to confirm they were in stock before my drive. After walking through the showroom and grabbing some additional cute things, I went to go and grab the chairs. I find the aisle and bin only to find bottoms and not the tops. I look around to make sure they weren't misplaced and go and ask a team member for help.

I looked again on the website, where it showed there was still availability for them. He looks at his tablet and it shows inventory on the chairs are 14. He walks me down the aisle and says, someone might have bought them and forgotten the bottoms that more chairs would be in on Monday. Disappointed, I returned to the showroom to see if any other chairs would work. I saw about 6-7 of the clear TOBIAS chairs on the floor and thought I would ask another team member if those can be sold since I made such a far drive. Again, to my disappointment, floor models cannot be sold unless they are discontinued. She said they can be ordered and shipped to my house, to go back to the self-serve warehouse and have someone build an order for them. I spoke with a manager, who waived the delivery fee, and said I can come pick them up the next day, Sunday, at the store, that they were getting another shipment.

So, one person told me Monday, another told me Sunday, the website shows availability on the chairs, and the inventory on the team members tablet showed availability as well. There is so much inconsistency. So, I go ahead and have the team member order the chairs for me to ship to my house since it was a far drive for me. The team member guaranteed the chairs would be delivered by Monday. I hadn't checked my email until Monday morning, to see an email from IKEA, excited, hoping it was shipping details. No, it's an email from SATURDAY, the day I put in the order, stating they are out of stock. The day the team member ordered them for me. So easily my money was taken but they weren't even available. AND to this day, I’m still waiting for them to return my money for them. I am appalled, disappointed and so unsatisfied with my experience with this company. I will never recommend or shop here ever again. Ever. This is so ridiculous.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Shopping online with IKEA India was a Pathetic experience...I ordered a set of four wine glasses...the delivery came with the product box open inside a brown box that was packed. One out of the set of four was broken. I wrote to the team and they called after two days and told me that since only one glass was broken they can’t replace the whole set, also they did not have a replacement for the one piece of glass that was broken. So they insisted I should take a refund for just one glass. That means I live with the incomplete set with 3 glasses and they give refund worth the cost of one broken piece, so I asked them to replace the whole set.

Does that make any sense? If I pay for a set I should be getting a set in proper condition in the first place. If not then the whole set becomes useless if one piece is broken. They don’t want to do that and expect the customer to bear the loss. IKEA was one of the brands I have always liked, and was quite excited to have their presence in India recently, but I never expected such a bad service from a brand like this. So people please be aware and refrain from online shopping from IKEA

India at least!!!

Original review: April 7, 2021

It is my first time ordering items from Ikea. I would love to provide 5 start review but unfortunately, IKEA has failed me miserably. I ordered a set of 6 pieces of cookware and 2 separate frying pan (7” and the other 9 ½”) so the total should be 8 pieces altogether. The order was placed on 03/25/21. When the order arrived at the FedEx location, I was never notified that the order is ready for pick up. I came by FedEx to pick up the order today 04/05/21. The box is extremely light for 8 pieces. I looked at the label and it said 2.1 lbs. I open up and only one item, a 9 ½ “ frying pan in there, which is one of 8 pieces. The rest of my items is unknown.

I called the customer service number. The ladies answered the phone and asked me if the items were supposed to ship to California. I told her no, the ending address suppose to be in Colorado. She then apologizes that she was reading the origin address and not the destination address. I told her the issue. She then proceeds to tell me this issue needs to go to tier 2 for an assistant. I have been on hold for a tier 2 person for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Scott was the tier 2 person I finally spoke to. After he took down my order number, name, email address, billing address, etc…He also asked what items I received and what I items were missing, then he said he need to create a case# and researching the issue. So I was back on hold again.

Scott came back and told me that the 6 pieces of cookware were on backorder and he does not know when they will be available. When I placed my order, the system didn’t inform me this item is on backorder. I asked him why the customer was not notified that part of the order is on backorder. And what happened to the 7” frying pan that is available but not ships together with the other 9 ½” I received in the box today. Scott does not have an answer to either of my questions. He said all he can do is ship out your 7” frying pan on 04/16/21, today is 04/05/21. I asked how will I know when the backorder is ship out or not, will I be notified. The answer is unknown.

IKEA charged my CC for the total amount purchased and let me chased after that them for items, not ship or on backorder. Furthermore, there is no chat online for customer service. When you call the customer service number 1-888-888-4532, the wait time to spoke to anyone is 1-hour plus. I would never purchase anything with IKEA again.

IKEA author review by ConsumerAffairs

Wide selection of designs that are both accessible and affordable. The company is continuing to franchise locations, and there are entire websites that are devoted to how to use their furniture in your home.

• Financing: Eligible customers can earn rewards on purchases or qualify for low promotional rates.

• Assembly: Products are designed to be easily assembled. Professional assembly services are available for a fee.

• Delivery: Flat rates for shipping and in-store delivery starting at $9.

• Returns: Purchases can be returned within 1 year.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team