2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

4.0/5 (3324 ratings)

About IKEA

IKEA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I love Ikea designs. I don't like that much that you have to put together the furniture. If you are going to sell me half of the job done ✅ you should charge me half of the price. And the delivery is on me too? What are these people doing? They have all profits no costs? Really? How we arrive to this place? I think everything is overpriced if you consider you are putting the furniture together. They only sell you the plans and the raw material. They don't even cover the cost of the delivery. And the furniture is not such a good quality to justify the price but yes I love the design. Another bad point for this chain at least where I've been that was somewhere in S.F Valley in L.A. inside a mall. It took us forever the line to pay. There was too many people not enough cashiers.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Most of our furniture is from Ikea and I assembled it also. I am a small lady and I felt great being able to assemble it myself! I love the different smooth finishes of the wood furniture, and the clean lines. They do not go out of style. I gave the rating a 4 star because I have not seen sofas that I like a lot. Our sofas are from another source. I also love that you can find so many uniquely good looking & practical small items for your home while you may be looking for furniture. They have it all: lighting, rugs, pictures, frames, pots (love them) & pans, etc. I particularly love the children's department. It's filled with very cute furniture & wonderful unique toys at a low price.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Very practical furniture but not always for a long term perspective for usage. What I meant is that quality of the materials used in making it not so good. And I have to remark the ingenuity of the designers from IKEA. They are one of the best in the whole world and in the same time this is reflected into the price that it is kind of high for some of the items they sell. Very nice stores and very "direct" and they are not for the customer that comes just to "browse" because got bored with the furniture he already has. Clean and very shiny from the lights they used all around their furniture. Like they say, the better the looks the faster the sale!!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I use the one in New Haven, CT. It is very large and is fun to walk around. I don't typically buy any of the food from the dining area but I have bought food from here before. Some of my favorite pieces of furniture have been from IKEA. I'm not crazy about their couches, though or mattresses. I have bought bed frames, bedside tables, dressers and plenty of other household items from here. I absolutely LOVE assembling their products and I have never had any issues. Anything I have bought from here has lasted me forever.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I love that Ikea creating displays looking like real living places. I think it's genius idea, instead just slopping furniture in huge showroom. What Ikea does, it makes these cozy living like nooks, that looks like real living space. That allows me to see actual size of the furniture. I had bought sofa- bed at Raymour and Flanigan Outlet probably 7 years ago, in showroom it looked normal size, but when it got delivered, it looked to bulky in my living-room. Yes, measuring will help, but visual display the way Ikea does, very helpful as well. Just do not go to Ikea on weekends, it's a zoo.

Resolution response: July 10, 2021

Furniture was delivered today. I’m assuming the person that helped me on their online chat gave the wrong information. I’ll advise future customer call instead of online chat.

Original review: July 10, 2021

I'm at home waiting for my delivery and no one call or email me notifying that my delivery will no longer be here today. As matter as facts they don't even know when it will be delivery. I understand things happens with delay, but they should have notify customers that the delivery will not get to them at least the day before. If I never called I would be home all day waiting for this. It's very disrespectful.

Original review: July 3, 2021

I have shopped at Ikea for years and have always loved it. This was my first time using the delivery service because the bed I wanted to order for my daughter was unavailable in store and I didn't want to wait the extra time for it. When I placed the order on 06/16/2021 I chose the delivery date 6/23/2021 and waited patiently for it. I received a call on the day of that it would be delivered between 12pm-4pm, but I was unfortunately at work and didn't realize someone needed to be home to accept the delivery. I called as soon as I left work to reschedule the delivery and the woman was very helpful and understanding. It was rescheduled for 6/30/2021 and I made sure that someone was home from 9am-9pm, the time they put on my delivery confirmation. But I received no phone call, no message from the delivery driver, no contact whatsoever.

I then tried to call customer service for the next two days and every time while on hold, my call would be dropped. When I finally got through 7/2/2021, the woman I spoke to said the delivery was noted as "Failure to Deliver". I asked her if there were any other notes since someone was home all day and there was no other communication from the delivery company. So I had to reschedule for a second time for 7/14/2021 between 9am-9pm. My daughter is sleeping on a mattress on the floor because the delivery service has failed to communicate properly with me about when they will be delivering my product. I paid a $129 delivery fee for this terrible service and I couldn't be more disappointed. I will never order delivery through Ikea again, especially with such a high delivery price tag. They need to contact T-Force, the delivery company used in my area, because someone is dropping the ball and it is costing them customers.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Bit into gravel in IKEA Lingonberry Spread. Spit out some of the rocks. Spent over two hours on hold. Was rudely told they could do nothing about it, but that I should drive or mail the rocks to the store.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Stay away from IKEA... Very poor Customer Service!!... I was sold a storage item that was wrongly tagged by IKEA and they are refusing to take its responsibility. On the contrary, their so called 'Customer Experience' agent got very rude and said 'if I had to trust every customer, I would be out of my job'... I was hoping they would take responsibility of this and ship me the replacement item as I live nearly 60 miles away from the store. Unfortunately, they did not do so, and instead started asking me for proof that the display item was wrongly tagged. The only proof I had was the picture taken from that day that showed the wrong tag. But they did not accept that and told me that their policy wouldn't allow them to have the item picked from my residence or refund me for that amount without I having to bring the product to their store in person or pay for its return shipment...

Original review: June 25, 2021

I was scheduled for 1 day and they never showed. Told the day was wrong (even though they confirmed the day before). So after waiting whole day and 1 hour on phone to get a person, no one came. Next week get a call the day before, confirming delivery. Called 2x and yes they are coming and after 2 1/2 hours on the phone, still no show or no call. DO NOT USE THEIR DELIVERY SERVICE!!!!

Original review: June 22, 2021

Poor customer agents. No knowledge and full of lies and false information. One customer agent even hung the call. Bad delivery and no responsibility. Customer care numbers have very unusual long wait hours just to be greeted with all false irresponsible answers. I wish I can give a negative star. Total nonsense.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Truthfully the worst customer service any customer has ever provided. I placed an order on May 13 w/ a delivery date for May 14 (they followed up with a confirmation and everything.) The next day I was waiting for the furniture to be delivered during the entire delivery window they had given me -- the window came and went and no furniture was delivered. Never received a phone call/text (as was supposed to happen). I then tried to call customer service, sat on hold for an hour and by the time I got through the line was told they were closed and was hung up on. Then received a text that said my delivery failed because I wasn't home. I then rescheduled my delivery a total of FOUR times, each time was "failed" because I wasn't home -- which I was home every time.

They then marked the delivery as completed on June 4 -- which it was not. I eventually just purchased what I needed elsewhere (which was better quality -- might I add), and when I tried to call to get my money refunded I waited for an hour to speak to a representative and when I finally reached someone they hung up on me....then had to wait on hold for another hour. Honestly, if you're gonna shop here, make sure you're doing so in a way where you don't have to deal with any people because they don't help at all.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Worst delivery service one can imagine. They don't have an accurate system to track your orders' status and customer service wants you to contact third party delivery company for any issues after waiting an hour on the line. Supposedly, the website should allow you to cancel/reschedule your order but since the order status is not accurate, it's not even feasible. If you're willing to go to store, go ahead but don't BOTHER delivery service assuming it's convenient.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Made e-gift card purchase on Ikea.com and they redirect to CashStar...Don't do it. Never received card and CashStar and IKEA never refunded amount taken from my account. Have requested Ikea and CashStar to refund. Escalated to Attorney General of state. Don't buy e-gift card on Ikea.com

Original review: May 12, 2021

Purchased over $400 in product today for pickup. Upon arrival I parked and checked in at the site noted on the parking spot. The employee they sent to my car said that items were missing from my order. I drove around front to speak to "customer service". After driving over 80 mi because this particular location had 4/5 of the items I wanted to purchase, "customer service" told me that I would have to come back to pick up the missing item because they could not access them during store hours. If you as a business cannot provide the service you advertise, just don't. IKEA needs to offer NEXT DAY CURB SIDE SERVICE to ensure they can do what they say they can. Phone "customer service" was just as "helpful", useless.

IKEA Company Information