3.46/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

IKEA

Looking for a good furniture store?

IKEA Reviews

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I like IKEA a lot, but sometimes the instructions are too hard to follow. Also, when shopping in store it’s nearly impossible to find an employee for help. Last time I shopped the Burbank store, I tried to shop in the food store after checking out. Not a single employee was available to ring up my frozen items. They told me I’d have to wait in the other line again, which was a 20 minute wait the first time. So I left.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

We recently moved into a new home and I purchased several items online with IKEA to be picked up in store. We rented a U-HAUL truck and everything. Mind you my order was around 2500. When we got there to pick it up the Customer service rep explained to me that one of the items I ordered was unavailable so my entire ordered was cancelled per their policy and I would get a refund in about 3-7 business days. They stated I can rebuy the items that were available costing me another 2500 today. You shouldn’t be able to order and item not in stock online and why would you cancel all the other items I purchased cause 1 item wasn’t available. Not everyone has an extra 2500 sitting available to repurchase the items. Something should have been done for our inconvenience. I highly don’t recommend making a large purchase online.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

On my first visit to IKEA, I felt it was an adult "Disney Land". I was there so long, I stayed for lunch! Now, that is what I plan on doing every time I shop there. Lots of neat, useful household items and great prices. You have to be a bit handy to put together some furniture but for the price and quality, it is well worth it.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

NEVER ORDER FROM IKEA ONLINE. I ordered a sofa, a desk and a kitchen island from IKEA online. The top to the kitchen island was missing. I called customer service and let them know that I built the island and the top was missing. After being transferred many times and being put on hold I was told they couldn’t send me the top and I would have to wait three weeks for another island. I got a call from the delivery service that the delivery was scheduled so I took off work and waited. They showed up to pick up the island but had nothing to deliver.

After another hour with customer service they said they arranged pick up before the delivery by mistake. The new island is scheduled in two more days. I took off work and wondered why I didn’t get a delivery window call from the delivery company. I called and they said there is nothing to deliver. When I spent two more hours on the phone with ikea they told me sorry it’s out of stock now and would have to wait another 3 weeks to get a new island. They could offer me a refund which will show up in a couple weeks and I can drive to ikea and buy a new island and just use the top. They offered nothing for all my inconvenience except for $29 refund in shipping (still haven’t seen that refund) and could care less about all the time and aggravation I went through. Horrible experience!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Ordered a Kitchen. Two drawer fronts were backordered. No one told us. We thought they were paid for. Then said they were not. Getting through to anyone-nightmare. On hold sooo long only to be disconnected many times. Recording says they are too busy to take the call -call back later. 15+ times so far.. Their solution to us was to drive 1.5 hours to the store. Maybe they will have them. Maybe they won't.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

While I overall like the products that IKEA sells I feel like they could make the instructions easier to follow. Some of the smaller parts used during assembly are hard to tell apart, and if you end up using the wrong part in the wrong step it may be difficult to fix the mistake.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

IKEA is a huge store with a large variety of home goods but I don't shop there often because I feel the quality of their merchandise isn't that great for the price! I went looking for bedroom night stands and they were pretty expensive and all were veneers. I found the sofas to be quite expensive also and not good quality. I did find basic kitchen tools at a reasonable price. It's ok for apartment shopping but I really believe if you take your time and shop around that you can find better quality furniture and home goods at better prices. You can get some inspiration for designing if you don't know where to start...just shop around first!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I like Ikea because they are very thoughtful to their customers in my experience. If they miss a delivery date they do not charge you. I love their products and the food court. In California the employees are very helpful. For the most part the products I bought from ikea last a long time. They have a great return policy. The children love to shop at IKEA and we have a great time. You can never leave the store without buying something!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

The various IKEA stores I have shopped at in different cities (and even in different countries) are all characterized by some common features: nice exhibits, plenty of product choices in every department, abundant inventory stock, very competitive pricing. However, the stores also come with very sparse sales/store attendant presence.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

First time ever visiting the store and we were very disappointed. We found a chair we liked and tried to find the cushion. After 10 minutes of trying to get help from a customer service attendant we were told the cushion wouldn't be in stock till that next Thursday. After driving an hour home we found it is not available online. I don't understand why we could not buy this online and now have to drive two hours round trip to pick up a cushion. I will not be shopping here again.

IKEA Company Information