2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.54/5

IKEA Reviews

Original review: May 27, 2020

Appreciate some companies are inundated with online orders due to the pandemic closing stores, however for an international retailer to completely deny it's consumers the opportunity to call or contact customer service is not acceptable. I ordered in-stock floor tiles for my patio. Once ordered I noticed I was going to have to wait 8 weeks for delivery. Seriously Ikea?!!! I wanted to cancel, so used their email option. That was 3 weeks ago, and I haven't heard a thing. I tried a second time and still nothing. I have called many times to try to speak to someone and I just get put on a never-ending loop then finally cut off. I will raise a claim through my bank to try to get my money back. They have the audacity to say that cancelled orders won't receive a refund for the delivery cost. That is basically robbery as no delivery has taken place.

I doubt anyone from Ikea will read this, but in the off chance they do, know this - during this terrible time, it's sink or swim time for massive retail corporations and customer service is more crucial than ever before. If you are unable to meet demand, then do not accept orders Ikea. Truly appalling customer service, and shows that Ikea are a mess.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I am still waiting for my small order, placed April 21, 2020 to complete a full kitchen install. I tried to call customer service, waited 2 hours without anybody picking up. This is after e-mails were ignored and the "chat" option did not work. Finally I received an answer to my initial e-mail, which pointed out that I was to expect a 6 week delivery and the terms and conditions were on their website. Then I was given a approximately delivery date, May 23.

That date has passed as well and I sent a new e-mail asking for updates. My order is still in "picking status" and therefore no tracking for the delivery carrier has been created. I realize, that with the Covid 19 situation ongoing, Ikea customer service is likely dealing with lot of order questions, but they could be doing a much better job communicating with their customers. When I placed my order on April 21, the took my money right away and I did not notice at that time the 6 week delivery delay...I received a order confirmation for April 23, 2020. Now Ikea is offering curbside pick-up. I asked, to change my order status to that option about 2 weeks ago and received no answer as of today.

Original review: May 25, 2020

I too work in retail. This is the worst service I have ever experienced! I received the wrong order. Their service line is down and they have not responded to any of my emails asking them how to move forward! So incredibly frustrated! They have lost a customer for life. Reading through other customer feedback only to find out there are over 35,000 complaints like mine. Do not order from this company until they get their you know what together!!

Original review: May 24, 2020

I ordered furniture with the expected delivery date of 5/20/2020 set by IKEA, the order didn't show up, so I went to track my order and it said it was cancelled however I was still charged. So I called customer service, waited on hold for literally 3 hours, got someone on the phone to check what happened and after giving them my order number, they put me back on hold for another 45 minutes and disconnected the phone! I called again, waited another 2 hours and the person who answered just automatically hung up!! I can't get ahold of anyone, I've called continuously throughout the day and no one is willing to help. IKEA and their customer service line is absolute trash. I understand there is a pandemic, but the absolute lack and refusal to help their customers is just maddening. I still do not have a resolution to my issue, no furniture and no refund.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I placed an order on April 25th for a SONGESAND bed frame and a SLEEPER SOFA. I paid the full amount for both products. I was supposed to receive the delivery of both products on May 17th. But I only received the sleeper sofa, while Songesand bed frame is nowhere to be found. I called IKEA customer service multiple times about my missing order or to get my money back, but customer service is not even taking the calls. There is no place on the website to track/inquire about the missing piece. They took the full payment but delivered half the order.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Original review: May 20, 2020

I ordered 2 bookshelves 1st week of April. Now it is the end of May and still no delivery. Worst experience ever. No one answers the customer service line, no one answers emails, filed a complaint with BBB and they are ignoring that as well. This company should be banned from the U.S. market. They refuse to answer calls, emails and now will not refund money. No action can be taken since this is a foreign company. If this was a U.S. company I would file a lawsuit in small claims court and get a judgment. STAY AWAY SAVE YOUR MONEY TIME AND HEADACHE. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE SERVICE. NEVER WILL I BUY Anything from them again.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I ordered mid April and I was supposed to receive my order May 9th and like others my order came and went. Why would they even waste my time taking my order and then not deliver. I can’t get a hold of anyone. I just want my items even if I have to pick them up. This is ridiculous. I could see if it was free shipping but it’s not. They charge for shipping so come on. If you're going to charge then deliver the items.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I place in mid April an order on IKEA. Due to Covid, I chose delivery. I got a delivery confirmation for mid May. Waiting a month wasn't ideal but I took it. The delivery day came and went. No e-mail, no call. When I go to Ikea.com and enter my order it shows only the placement date. When you call the 1-888 number they don't let you reschedule your orders nor do you get any operator. They must have laid all employees off. I paid $700 without no delivery, no way to contact the store. Worst experience ever. I shop since 1990 at Ikea, after 30 years they finally upset me. Only option I have is to cancel my order after waiting one month!

Original review: May 18, 2020

We love IKEA and their products. We had a three door shelf hanging on the wall and had it securely fastened with the provided hanging supplies. Recently we had our room painted and when rehanging our paintings over the bookshelf, the bookshelf pulled out of the wall and crashed to the floor knocking me off the step ladder. I am bruised; not seriously. PLEASE make sure when hanging a shelf find the studding and secure solidly with a screw into that stud. DO NOT rely on the wallboard hanger to HOLD the self securely. AGAIN, DO NOT rely on the wallboard anchor to HOLD your shelf.

Original review: May 15, 2020

My 4/11/20 IKEA order was messed up by IKEA, and corrected 2 days later by IKEA. Delivery date went from 4/23 to 5/17. On 5/15 I have received no notice of delivery on Sunday 5/17. My order cannot be tracked online. IKEA is not accepting phone calls on orders. IKEA is not accepting emails on orders, unless you want to cancel. IKEA is not accepting Chats. IKEA stores are not open. All this non-communication is due to COVID-19 according to IKEA. This IS NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE! 1 Star rating because "0" or less is not an option.

IKEA Company Information