3.4/5 (584 ratings)

About IKEA

IKEA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Original review: April 19, 2022

I went in to the store and had a whole room closet designed. I purchased what they had in stock and placed an order for what they did not. Called several times and order was not ready and told an email would be sent when it all has arrived as they were still waiting on some things. I never heard anything so I called again only to be told that the order was canceled when it had hit the 30 day mark and was not filled and everything that had came in was put out in the floor. I asked if they could reorder and either ship directly to me or let me know when it comes in and I will drive the hour and a half and pick it up as it arrives and told no. I have to come in and place my order in person because they can not do it over the phone and I fall outside their shipping area. So here I am, with all the guts and doors of a closet system and no closet itself! Worst customer service when it comes to making things right for a customer when they are clearly at fault.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Ordered delivery of bookcase and desk from IKEA and though they sent a text asking if it was ok to drop the item off (I replied "Yes" that it was), they still required a signature. I went downstairs and waited for the delivery driver but they never acknowledged or came up. I then received a call from IKEA and told them they could drop the item off but they asked me to sign for it. Told them we would be down to sign and the delivery driver left. Called to get the item delivered and they said they would have to redeliver a different date. Requested refund. Their system was down and the only solution was that I would have to call back later on hoping the system was back up so I can get my refund. Terrible experience and will never use IKEA again.

Original review: April 10, 2022

This item bolts were very difficult to install. I'm quick enough to assemble IKEA furnishings, and have done so many times but a purchase of this type of item will not be repeated, very disappointed in handling the bolts. The unit is nice, the bolts are the only problem.

Original review: April 9, 2022

July of 2020 I purchased a Haugesund mattress. It was a great price, the mattress was the most comfortable mattress ever... for about 6 months. Then out of the blue, one side sag. And this happened almost instantly. It's like something broke inside. So I turn the mattress around and use the other side for another 6 months, and it happened again. Now the whole mattress was unusable, left me with a horrible backache. Ikea was decent enough on the phone and arranged to deliver me another one (which is why I give them three stars). And just like the first mattress, it arrived and was incredibly comfortable and I was happy... Until the second mattress did exactly the same thing. I've had the 2nd mattress since November of 2021 and both sides have broken (5.5 months). I'm 159 lb, was this mattress only rated for women or men under 150 lbs?

I'd like to clarify that it actually breaks. It's not like it's sags gradually, it's like the area you sit on before laying down must weaken somehow, and then snap or break or what-- I don't know. But it has now happen to two mattresses, on both sides of each mattress. So I have experienced this "breaking" 4 times. No one expects to buy a mattress every 6 months. With that said, I found other reviews stating the exact same thing, and Ikea keeps selling them and they are definitely a very poor product.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Customer service is nonexistent which is a choice Ikea obviously has intentionally committed to. Customer chat is completely inept and a total waste of time. I ordered several items for home delivery and received a delivery date of 4/6/22. I received multiple texts the day before reminding me of the delivery. On 4/6 nothing came and tracking wasn’t available so I tried the chat. Sure enough, they could only tell me my order wasn’t shipped and had no estimated delivery. I said I needed to reschedule or cancel then and that’s when they abruptly cut off the chat saying their system was having technical problems. Literally, I will never buy another thing from this company and I recommend others stay away. Other, better businesses will emerge to take its place.

Original review: April 4, 2022

The company is from Sweden but they have very poor manners. At the billing counter you have security people staring at your goods and at you. They are checking if you have stolen something. It's so sad, I haven't seen such a thing happening anywhere in the world. At least train them to stand a bit away or look discreetly. After purchasing goods worth lakhs of rupees, you don't like to see such a staredown. Shame on Ikea India. If they treat Indians with such suspicion, they should be made to shut shop here. Such poor management. I have not seen such shameless behaviour in any other Ikea store internationally. It's a matter of time that Indians will wake up to this insult and ask this company to leave our country. Anyone can reach out to me for the full video at **.

Original review: March 27, 2022

I order multiple item including billy book case with glass door and assembly service. I was delivered only 2 doors and when assemble man comes in we realized the error. Still unable to get support or get refund my money after 3 1/2m waiting. Very poor customer service.

Original review: March 26, 2022

Bought the Nordli 12 Drawer Dresser in December, 2019. Got 8 boxes from staff at Brooklyn store. Discovered later it should have been 9 boxes- the ninth box contained the base and top panels. That 9th box was out of stock before my purchase and still until today March 26, 2022. They are still advertising and selling this product knowing full well that it is impossible to complete. I finally got a refund- a month ago. An IKEA card. ** you I said. Oh, but I can get the $350 back to my credit card? Not yet. More run arounds. Un-**-believable. IKEA I Hate YOU. And, stop blaming the pandemic. You were screwed up way before that happened. The End?

Original review: March 17, 2022

Awful experience. 2 weeks ago I went into the Southampton store to furnish my new apartment. One of the items I purchased was a sofa. I got home to find that the sofa was missing a box and so I went back the next day to see about picking it up. When I got to the store I was told that they didn't have the box and that they would arrange a delivery from their Reading store that would arrive in 4/5 days. I waited 5 days and then called customer services to chase up the package. I was told there had been an issue and that they were going to have it picked and sent that day and again I would have to wait 4/5 days for the delivery. I waited 5 days again and still no sign of the package.

I called again on the 5th day and was yet again told that they were picking and sending the order! This time it would arrive within 1/2 days. I waited 2 days and STILL no sign of it. I called back again and was told the order hadn't been completed by the previous customer service agent and that I would have to wait ANOTHER 7 DAYS! I have absolutely no faith that this box will ever show up and suspect I will be forever trapped in this endless Ikea hell loop. By the time this thing is due to arrive it will have been 3 weeks without anywhere to sit in my new home. I will never return to Ikea after this. Never have I dealt with such an inept and incompetent company in my life. Do yourself a favour and cough up the extra money to go with another supplier.

Original review: March 14, 2022

The initial experience with the Kitchen Planning staff, creation of rendering and drawings for your designed kitchen is good. Once you get to purchase that's when the nightmare begins. Each time you call to order your Out OF Stock items, you get a new list depending on how many items from your Master List are available either for pick up or for delivery. Also, I'm on my 11th order number, it's very confusing to keep track of all the pieces every time your order number changes. YES, you (the customer) need to cross-reference to make sure you are getting all the right items and quantities. Also, if you don't mention that your shipping fee should be waived, they will charge you for as many times as your Out of Stock items ship. RIDICULOUS! Every week you must call at least 2x's per week to verify if ANY of your items have come into stock. It's been over a month since my initial purchase date.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Very complex and confusing process! Seems everyone you talk to explains process differently. We order a large order of various cabinets for wife’s craft room. First arrived with a chalk board easel we didn’t order. Also many out of stock parts. We received a random email that said something was at Fishers store and drove 2.5 hours to get it only to be told it wasn’t there even though their system still says it is there.

They seem to have a different answer for everything and very defensive about it when you challenge them. They always ask who did you talk to. This seemed like it would be a problem from the day we can do order. Very disorganized in put orders together. It took an hour and then we were hand a huge 20 pages of information. I can’t describe how complex and inefficient their process! They should send their entire team to to Amazon to learn how to handle customers!!! I won’t recommend them for a large order unless you like being told different things from multiple people.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I recently tried to call IKEA starting on the 28/2 about my $450 returns card had expired and would they override the expiration as I have had Covid lost my job and been unwell and forgot I had to use voucher. Yes my fault, but it’s a lot of money for me. Other companies are advertising extra time to use vouchers. After many calls and since my first email sent on the 3/3/22 with no reply and no one wanting to help on the phone after asking for it to be escalated. I went to IKEA at Tempe Sydney Australia 12/3/22 and the manager at customer Service just didn’t want anything to do with me kept saying call the customer service line, I tried to tell him I had and I was kept on hold each time for 20-30 mins and when I got through I had asked to escalate higher which wasn’t happening. Pretty much treated the same way by phone, email. So I go in person thinking it is the best way to work with them. WOW how wrong I was. Way worse!

His attitude that it’s ok to take over $400 of people's money and treat me with contempt and when I said you’re happy for me to put a bad review up he said, "Go ahead. Do it" and walked away and left the girl at the counter with me who at least was saying sorry. I would hate to think how many people are being ripped off and treated not like a customer. Just a problem they want nothing to do with. Ikea has no customer service skills or empathy. I understand from a business point, but they truly don’t care they have my money now so I’m like a bug inconsequential to a big company.

And If that’s what you train your managers or your company’s way of working with people IKEA really needs to get their morals right. I work in customer service and would be reprimanded if I had that tone and attitude towards our customers. It’s just down right rude. Unhelpful. Basically told it’s my fault voucher ran out. I guess they have never forgotten anything, a bit of compassion and common sense would have been good like, "Let me see if I can try to help you." I will never buy anything from IKEA again. People CHECK your gift return cards.

Original review: March 9, 2022

In the past few years I have been furnishing my apartment and recommending IKEA to friends and family about their products. March 7th was a game changer. I've been very interested in a sofa "Applard" 990506241 and daily I have been watching for stores near me for when its available. Using the IKEA app I was advised the product was available at a store in New Haven CT, 1 and half hrs away from the Bronx NY. As it's was something I wanted, I set out to go pick it up. Once I get to the store I checked again and the store still showed it was still available. Went straight to the warehouse area of the store and a store Rep confirmed it was available and proceeded to print me the Order for purchase (**).

I paid and went to the pick up area and waiting 29 mins for a Rep at the store to advise me they no longer had it. I asked for any alternative such as a call for when it is available as I did travel 1 hour and a half to just be turned away. The rep repeated several times there was nothing she could do besides refund me what I paid. I requested to speak to the Manager and he said the same thing and not even once I was offered an apology or empathy for my loss of time, gas and efforts.

Furthermore I was recommended to shop online even though I said several times that is exactly how I was driven to come to this store in the first place. I mention again live in New York City and all he said was "We don't deliver out of state". With the price of gas and the time I wasted traveling, paying and waiting for the product I feel an apology or a little bit of empathy would of gone a very long way as I highly doubt I will be stepping foot in a any IKEA ever again. After all there are plenty of great places to shop with fast delivery, and quality products. Order Number: **.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I have always been a fan of IKEA. I have never had a negative experience, until now. In less than 6 months my son's dresser drawers broke and his queen size bed collapsed. IKEA customer service did not care! I am out of warranty by two weeks and there is nothing I can do. We spent a decent amount of money and only asked for it to last 2 years. It could not even make it past 6 months. It is junk. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I purchase a nightstand with 2 drawers. The drawer side had only 3 holes where the drawer slide bolted. It should have had 4. The other nightstand different color the side had the 4 holes required. If the part had been a right or left it would have worked with just 2 of the holes. The only solution after I called was to go back to the store and they would pull the correct part from another box. All 4 sides it my box only had the 3 holes in them. Live in Fairhope AL. About a 6-hour drive. No other help available. So if you do not live near the store don't but from IKEA!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I love Ikea so much. Very fun place to stay. Would definitely recommend trying out all of the display beds and testing for comfort. Would recommend going on vacation here over anywhere else especially for Dundee Crown high school sophomore English teachers.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

We ordered a large modular bookshelf to upgrade something we currently own. IKEA shipped part of the shelf through FedEx and the rest was scheduled to be delivered by the store. The night before the delivery, after we had already received our shelf extenders, we were informed that some of the modules were oversold and would not be delivered. While they were gracious enough to refund us for the portion that was oversold with no action on our part, it left us wondering what exactly IKEA thought we would want 2/3 of a bookshelf for. We called customer service. The representative was very friendly, and tried to find a solution that would get us a satisfactory shelf, but given supply shortages that was not possible. They were able to cancel and refund the portion of the order that had not shipped.

However, for the portion that had already been delivered, we were informed that IKEA could not refund us unless we returned the items to the store ourselves (this is not possible in our current situation, that's why we paid to have it delivered in the first place) or paid for the return shipping out of our own pocket. If we had ordered something we decided we didn't like and wanted to return it, this policy would be totally reasonable. However, we ordered and paid upfront for something we wanted and IKEA was the one who dropped the ball. It's not reasonable for IKEA to expect us to take the time out of our day to lug a heavy package back to FedEx and then pay out of our own pocket to ship it back when it was their mistake that caused this situation in the first place. We'll probably end up tossing the package in the trash, but it really sucks to be out the $75 for parts of a shelf we can't use.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

No message to us was given during order process and shipping process or follow up indicated any parts were going to be missing and back ordered. We began to assemble a sofa couch and found out key parts were missing. Not until we called the next morning did we find out parts were not there.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I actually liked the bed I bought. The problem is, their "solid wood" headboard developed a crack about 8 inches long completely thru. Come to find out, they only have a 90 day warranty and you better have saved the original boxes. If you do have a problem in the first 90 days and have the original boxes and original sales receipt they say they will pick up the product and replace it later. So you're out your paid for purchase, they do not refund, and just hope they replace it. Reading all the other posts "GOOD LUCK WITH THAT" NO WARRANTY?? First and last purchase from IKEA.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Attempted 3 times to get 2 items delivered. They hired a third company called XPO to do it. They never ringed a bell to check whether I (or ANYONE) was at home. They claimed they can only text message or call you, which for me is bizarre. Finally, at the third attempt, and adding A NOTE in their system that they could basically leave everything at my doorstep (I really didn't care anymore), they ringed the bell.. Hehe. Really? Then, grand finale. Two items, right? Only one came. This could not be more frustrating. End of the story. Never trust Ikea's delivery ''curbside'' 'method'.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

In late December 2021, I went to Ikea in Richmond, BC, Canada, and bought a bed, but I only received part of the bed. The main box, which is the bed frame, hasn’t arrived yet. I have called Ikea several times, and the answer has always been the same: “call us again if you didn’t get a call from us by next week.” It has been really frustrating. I have to keep all these boxes in my home without being able to assemble the bed.

Additionally, I noticed the bed was available for new purchases online twice this month. This means that Ikea prefers to sell the bed to new customers than deliver it to a customer that had already bought it a month ago. Ikea has gotten my money and, apparently, does not plan to deliver what I bought. After many calls, they started to say that they did not charge me for the bad frame even though I have the receipt and proof of payment. I am really disappointed with Ikea and I don’t know what to do anymore. Case number **.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Don’t bother buying Teapot RIKLIG. It is made of such a poor quality of glass that it can break with the simple touch of a dish. It just broke for the second time with the touch of a dish while placing it into dishwasher. The first time it broke I cut my fingers badly with its thin glass. I am very disappointed. Extremely bad quality.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

DO NOT BUY KITCHEN FROM IKEA!! I spent 4 hours with a kitchen planner for my beautiful new IKEA kitchen. She never told me 30% of my key item are backordered indefinitely. She let me pay and everything will be there in 3 weeks. 265 items, like a big jigsaw puzzle, no way to tell if everything is there until you start putting together. Then find 4 boxes that belong to someone else, various door panels missing, 2 drawers missing...YOU have to hunt for everything. To find out my middle base cabinet is out of stock indefinitely, 2 of the 6 wall cabinets are out of stock, after 5 calls to locate them "out of stock" with no delivery date expected.

An $8500 order and 6 pieces nobody seems to know if or when to expect them. As you know all kitchen cabinets are fastened together and the countertop is cut to the exact measured length so you can't change out or replace ANY cabinet! My kitchen has been torn up for 8 weeks waiting for parts that are "not in Stock" and no ETA. What do you do? And moody cares!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I ordered a cabinet that comes with two parts. They were supposed to be delivered to my NYC apt. But they cancelled one of the two parts because it ran out of stock two hours before the arrival schedule. I called them I need the refunds but they couldn't figure out. A week later, I called back, and the lady was keep telling me they are not going to cover the shipping cost. So, I asked what other options are there for me to send and she replied, "nearby stores" but that otherwise they will not give me the refunds. We don't have any store open in Manhattan. I paid delivery fees just so I could have these shipped to me and they can't help me with the process. So, I am just keeping the wood piece at my place and not getting the refunds I need.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Ikea delivered the wrong couch. We had ordered grey fabric and they delivered white leather. At time of delivery we asked if there was anything to sign/review together like used to be the process and the delivery team told us 'no we don't do that anymore because of COVID.' Less than 5 minutes after they had left our house we realized the mistake and called the delivery team but they told us they weren't allowed to come pick up merchandise after drop off and we had to call the store. Called the store and they told us they were so understaffed that no one could handle support calls and we should call again the next day. Tried online chat and they said we needed to call the store.

Called the store the next day and finally got someone who said we would have to drive the couch, which was a truckload of large boxes too heavy for us to carry and too large to fit in our cars, in order to get a refund. This is for THEIR mistake. We finally did a chargeback with our credit card company after going around in circles and getting no help for Ikea (all while our living room was filled with huge boxes for an unwanted couch and by the way, we had no couch because we had gotten our old one picked up for charity before the new couch's delivery) and Ikea send a HUGE packet of falsified 'documentation' about our case. Meaning they spent more time than they were willing to spend with us to resolve the issue to make sure they got their money back from our bank. I will never shop at Ikea again. We gave the couch away to a friend who paid for movers and a delivery truck and we are eating the cost.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

In 2013 my wife and I spent over $12,000 on a kitchen remodel purchasing all elements from IKEA. Recently the kitchen faucet...model Elverdam...began to leak due failure of the retractable hose which is feature of the model. I called customer service and was told that after 8 years we were still covered by the 10 year warranty, simply bring the defective unit to the store (Bloomington, MN) and get store credit towards purchase as that model was discontinued in 2017.

I was issued a refund and told the supervisor I would like to purchase a similar model, the Vimmern, which also advertises a 10 year warranty. After purchase I was advised that this new model, in my case, did not carry a 10 year warranty but only 2 years, the remaining amount of time on my original faucet's warranty. Pardon me? It was explained that I could potentially return every 8 years looking for a new faucet!! One can see the scam here. My original faucet did not last the guaranteed 10 years.

Money refunded. New faucet advertises a 10 year warranty...but not for me! No reset, no product confidence on the part of IKEA, the supervisor called a rep from the store's "resolutions" dept. to tell me that's just "the way it is". How any merchant can do business in this fashion, let alone an international corporation, is beyond me. I am being penalized for their product failure and can only hope my new faucet will last at least the ten years that other customers are promised...but not me! Needless to say, I will not be entering an IKEA store again in my lifetime...not for their meatballs nor for my next $12000 remodeling project.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

For me, online shopping should be easy and simple. I was ready to pay 39 euro for delivery costs in order to get the stuff I liked to my address. When I placed the order everything was fine. I received confirmation that all items were in stock (approx. 10-12 items). The evening before the arranged delivery day I received an email that a few items were not in stock and the rest of the order will proceed as planned. When I researched the missing items, I found that they were quite valuable to the whole order (for example they sent me a pillow, but the chair was missing, or a drawer with missing inner parts). Тhis is unacceptable! I saw the email and immediately looked for a way to cancel my order. I was lucky to be able to cancel the order a few hours before the dispatch. If I couldn't, I would have paid delivery costs for incomplete order....

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I placed an order on ikea.com at the beginning of December. My delivery was set up for a week from my order date. The day of the delivery they the delivery I wake up to a phone call that says the warehouse did not fulfill my order. I talked to a resolution's person who only offers me to reschedule and no kind of discount or refund. The next week when the delivery is supposed to happen I get a phone call again saying that the warehouse has not fulfilled my order and I would not be getting my delivery again. This is 2 days I've set aside to be home available for the delivery. Again the resolutions team did not offer me anything. Just to reschedule. The items I had ordered, I needed by a certain time because I had company coming. After asking for a refund or discount they offered a $30 gift card towards my next purchase. I am infuriated and feel as though nothing was truly done for me. IKEA just screwed me.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Yesterday I buy a product online and go to pick it up in the store, when I access the website of the store in Miami, there were 7 units in inventory, I applied to buy 2 and it forwarded me to another store in Ft. Lauderdale, I am contacted by chatting with a customer service representative and he informs me that the inventory is slow to update and that there are no units left, I could get the product in Ft. Lauderdale. I make the purchase in the store in Ft. Lauderdale, and they send me an email saying that it would be available between 6 to 8 pm, and that they would forward me another email advising when I could withdraw it.

Because I live more than 40 miles from the Ft. Lauderdale store, I left early and when I arrived at the place and after a wait, the employee of the pick up informed me that it was no longer available and that they would send me another email with the refund of money. I traveled a total of 90 miles round trip, more than 2 hours of my time to receive a response that really shows the lack of judgment and organization, in addition to the lack of respect for customers.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

Purchased three mattresses and some pillows. They delivered them to the wrong address. I called them and they canceled the items and reordered them again for me. They said that I will be fully refunded for the first orders. But, they charges me for the delivery fee of the first items that they did not deliver. I called several times and each time they say that they are going to refund but they do not. I called them today, and they said that unfortunately, they cannot refund me for the delivery fee of the first items. Interestingly, they accept that they made mistake but they say they cannot refund while they made a mistake!!! I am still in shock at how they are rude and unreasonable. It is like stealing, but literally, they said this is what this is.

IKEA Company Information