3.9/5 (139 ratings)

About Huffman Koos

For over 55 years Huffman Koos has partnered with high-quality manufacturers to provide its customers with top of the line furniture. Our main objective is to create a pain-free purchasing experience for each of our buyers that keeps them coming back for years to come. If you’re looking for affordable, high quality, in-style furniture, Huffman Koos is the place to go.

Huffman Koos Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huffman Koos?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huffman Koos?

Original review: April 8, 2022

Purchased a recliner and sofa in May of 2021. At that time we were informed due to COVID there was a lead time of 3 months. It is now April of 2022 and no recliner. When I call salesman Bill **, he doesn't answer his phone and doesn't return calls. I had to drive from Newton, NJ to Fairfield to get a update from him. He lied to me and said the recliner was in the Warehouse and would be delivered within a week, The week has passed and no recliner. I called and guess what, no return call. I finally tracked down a customer service person, who said the recliner was at least another month away. They have been telling me a month away since November of 2021. Do yourself a big favor, NEVER SHOP IN HUFFMAN KOOS.

Original review: March 29, 2022

On June 6th I ordered two Barcaloungers from Hoffman Koos in Freehold N.J. (732-343-7999). My order stated that the couches would be in in three months or I could cancel with a full refund. Three months came and went. In the fourth month I got a call from the shipping department setting up a delivery date (I paid in full). When the delivery came only one couch was delivered. The delivery people said it was probably at the warehouse and would be delivered in a couple of days. After trying to call, e-mail and correspond through the website with no response I returned to the store.

I spoke to the manager (Carole **,) She said the orders were put on two separate P.O.s and would be delivered by the end of October. She was going to double check with shipping and get back to me by the next business day. That never happened. I got a call from shipping two weeks later saying the date was changed to November 22nd. On November 15th I received a call saying the delivery would now be the middle of December. I explained that I needed it by Thanksgiving and that I would accept the floor model which was at the store. I was told they would check and get back to me by the end of the day. That again never happened.

The delivery date was changed to the middle of December, then the end of December, then the middle or end of January. The couch was finally delivered in February. I discovered that the second couch was not on a separate P.O. but was ordered after I pointed out the mistake as an add on. If there were two P.O.s the two deliveries would not be so far apart? A mistake is one thing, lying about it is quite another. At this point some type of compensation should have been in order.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I ordered furniture in September 2020 and gave 1/2 of money as a deposit in good faith. I had to call, stop into the email to obtain the status of the order. I finally received the order in July 2021 and it was the wrong color! I was told to keep the set while they order the color that I wanted….The whole experience was very frustrating not be able to speak to people….them being unresponsive….not willing at all to cancel and refund my deposit!!!

Original review: June 12, 2021

I purchased furniture from Huffman Koos in January of 2021. Considering that I waited several months to get the furniture due to COVID, I understood. However, upon delivery and crew set up, I noted that the chair was the wrong color. Company does not check inventory when backlogged before delivering to customer. Doesn’t follow-up with customer especially if there is a problem. Every time I get a different story. Still waiting on chair. Company reps oblivious as to how handle situation.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I purchased furniture for 3 rooms of my house in November of 2020. I understand COVID caused delays, but the store and customer service NEVER contacted me about anything. Every time I called the store to get customer service they were of NO help at all. Furniture that was expected at the end of March never came and when I called I was told it would be here the end of April. Called on Monday, April 26 and was told it was coming on Tuesday April 27 and they would call to schedule a delivery.

NO CALL of course so I called on Thursday April 29th. A RUDE customer service representative informed me that now my furniture was not coming until JUNE 30th. No explanation, no apology. When I said I was told 4 days ago it was coming in 3 days ago - was told nope it's coming in June 30th. I asked to speak to a store manager and was put on hold for 20 minutes and told he was busy and would call me back when it was convenient for him. I asked for a customer service manager number and was given a bogus number. STAY CLEAR! Do not order anything from this company if you want it to be delivered or expect any kind of help from customer service.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I have bought a few things from this store over the years. The salesman, Allen and Scott at Farmingdale location are great! That aside, I recently bought my daughters bedroom furniture only to have the delivery team destroy my carpet and newly painted walls. It took many emails and phone calls to contact this idiot Scott at the corporate office in New Jersey. He and I agreed upon a resolution and it was ignored. Furniture is ok, sales people were great and a triple negative zero for the way corporate and customer service handles things. Just know, you buy something, you’re probably on your own.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I purchased a couch and two chairs from Huffman Koos on September 19, 2020. Prior to the purchase, I explained to the sales associate that the delivery date was important as I was looking to furnish a new house for the holidays. I was told the items I purchased would be approximately 8 weeks; I accepted this knowing I may not have the items for Thanksgiving but I was assured I would have them for Christmas and New Year's.

After not hearing from the company, I reached out in early Nov to find out when the items would be delivered (Nov 14th would be 8 weeks). I was told the furniture was delayed and that it wouldn't arrive until sometime in January. I called the sales associate to inquire why (left a voicemail) but he did not return my call. My wife called again in late November and was told the new date would be Jan 16th. She called again in early December to see if the date had changed and was told that it had not. She was also told this date was "locked in" and would not be changed.

On January 6th, I called to check on a delivery date as I had not heard back from the company. I was told, by the same representative at the store, that our delivery date was pushed back to Feb 12th. This is now 5 months from the date of purchase, and 3 months after the original delivery timeframe. I expressed my frustration to the company representative but she was unconcerned and combative. The only response I received was that there is nothing she can do, and it's "the vendor's fault".

Huffman Koos is selling items in the store that they have no ability to deliver. A couch in 8 weeks is worth much more to me than a couch in 5+ months. I would not have made the purchase if they were honest about the delivery time. They are intentionally misleading customers to collect payment in full at the time of sale. This practice is not isolated to me but seems to be a chronic, and unethical, business practice for this company.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I received a delivery of a sectional which came 3 months after my initial order. The couch arrived damaged and unrepairable. I have made countless calls to get the runaround, and now I am going to small claims court to settle this! Google Huffman Koos court cases you will be surprised to see how many times this has happened! STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT purchase any furniture from Huffman Koos. Customer Service cannot help you. One rep says one thing and then another says something different! Waiting over 3 months and a delivery date cannot be issued. Understand COVID has created delays but if a company can't be honest, they shouldn't be in business. Take your business across the street to a Raymour and you'll have great service and you'll get honest answers on delivery and updates via text! Not sure how they remain in business.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I ordered an adjustable base from the Watchung location in July 2020. I was told that it would be delivered in a week. It was over a month before I received it and then it was the wrong one. We called the store immediately, but our sales rep was off. My husband and I went to the store the next day. We were told that all the bases in the store were labeled incorrectly and the one we wanted was double what we paid. "Sorry, not our problem!" He said he would call us in 1/2 hour with a resolve. Half an hour turned into 24 hours and still no call. We called numerous times, but no answer. I had my daughter call and he answered right away. He said he needed to speak with corporate and he would call us on Monday.

In the meantime, he offered us the base from the sales floor and my husband agreed to bring back the incorrect one and pick up the correct one, pending what corporate said on Monday. Fast forward, no call and the rep would either not answer the phone or was always with the customer when someone did answer. I called the Fairfield and Freehold locations to try to get some information on how to get in touch with corporate. It's like corporate doesn't exist! All I got was voicemails and no return calls. After 100 complaints through the website, the sales rep finally called me on Saturday and said "obviously you haven't spoken to your husband". My response - "Yes I have, but you haven't!" After a week of frustration, we finally got the base we wanted. In all my years of shopping, this was the worst experience I have ever had.

Huffman Koos author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Online retailer with galleries in New York and New Jersey. Wide selection of quality furniture, with customizations available. Customizable upholstery. All major credit cards accepted.

• Warranty: Varies by item, with extended protection plans available.

• Delivery: Approximately 2–4 weeks with assembly and installation.

• Furniture removal: With purchase of new mattress and box spring set, delivery specialists will remove old mattress and/or box spring.

Huffman Koos Company Information