2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.46/5

For over 55 years Huffman Koos has partnered with high-quality manufacturers to provide its customers with top of the line furniture. Our main objective is to create a pain-free purchasing experience for each of our buyers that keeps them coming back for years to come. If you’re looking for affordable, high quality, in-style furniture, Huffman Koos is the place to go.

Huffman Koos Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huffman Koos?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huffman Koos?

Original review: April 3, 2021

I have bought a few things from this store over the years. The salesman, Allen and Scott at Farmingdale location are great! That aside, I recently bought my daughters bedroom furniture only to have the delivery team destroy my carpet and newly painted walls. It took many emails and phone calls to contact this idiot Scott at the corporate office in New Jersey. He and I agreed upon a resolution and it was ignored. Furniture is ok, sales people were great and a triple negative zero for the way corporate and customer service handles things. Just know, you buy something, you’re probably on your own.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I purchased a couch and two chairs from Huffman Koos on September 19, 2020. Prior to the purchase, I explained to the sales associate that the delivery date was important as I was looking to furnish a new house for the holidays. I was told the items I purchased would be approximately 8 weeks; I accepted this knowing I may not have the items for Thanksgiving but I was assured I would have them for Christmas and New Year's.

After not hearing from the company, I reached out in early Nov to find out when the items would be delivered (Nov 14th would be 8 weeks). I was told the furniture was delayed and that it wouldn't arrive until sometime in January. I called the sales associate to inquire why (left a voicemail) but he did not return my call. My wife called again in late November and was told the new date would be Jan 16th. She called again in early December to see if the date had changed and was told that it had not. She was also told this date was "locked in" and would not be changed.

On January 6th, I called to check on a delivery date as I had not heard back from the company. I was told, by the same representative at the store, that our delivery date was pushed back to Feb 12th. This is now 5 months from the date of purchase, and 3 months after the original delivery timeframe. I expressed my frustration to the company representative but she was unconcerned and combative. The only response I received was that there is nothing she can do, and it's "the vendor's fault".

Huffman Koos is selling items in the store that they have no ability to deliver. A couch in 8 weeks is worth much more to me than a couch in 5+ months. I would not have made the purchase if they were honest about the delivery time. They are intentionally misleading customers to collect payment in full at the time of sale. This practice is not isolated to me but seems to be a chronic, and unethical, business practice for this company.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I received a delivery of a sectional which came 3 months after my initial order. The couch arrived damaged and unrepairable. I have made countless calls to get the runaround, and now I am going to small claims court to settle this! Google Huffman Koos court cases you will be surprised to see how many times this has happened! STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT purchase any furniture from Huffman Koos. Customer Service cannot help you. One rep says one thing and then another says something different! Waiting over 3 months and a delivery date cannot be issued. Understand COVID has created delays but if a company can't be honest, they shouldn't be in business. Take your business across the street to a Raymour and you'll have great service and you'll get honest answers on delivery and updates via text! Not sure how they remain in business.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I ordered an adjustable base from the Watchung location in July 2020. I was told that it would be delivered in a week. It was over a month before I received it and then it was the wrong one. We called the store immediately, but our sales rep was off. My husband and I went to the store the next day. We were told that all the bases in the store were labeled incorrectly and the one we wanted was double what we paid. "Sorry, not our problem!" He said he would call us in 1/2 hour with a resolve. Half an hour turned into 24 hours and still no call. We called numerous times, but no answer. I had my daughter call and he answered right away. He said he needed to speak with corporate and he would call us on Monday.

In the meantime, he offered us the base from the sales floor and my husband agreed to bring back the incorrect one and pick up the correct one, pending what corporate said on Monday. Fast forward, no call and the rep would either not answer the phone or was always with the customer when someone did answer. I called the Fairfield and Freehold locations to try to get some information on how to get in touch with corporate. It's like corporate doesn't exist! All I got was voicemails and no return calls. After 100 complaints through the website, the sales rep finally called me on Saturday and said "obviously you haven't spoken to your husband". My response - "Yes I have, but you haven't!" After a week of frustration, we finally got the base we wanted. In all my years of shopping, this was the worst experience I have ever had.

Original review: June 14, 2020

We purchased 2 chaise lounges on 3/15/20. The salesman made us a great deal. Unfortunately the covid19 lockdown came 10 days later. Since we had been told the furniture would be delivered in 3-4 weeks, the assumption was that once the manufacturing plant in TN opened we would be advised the status of purchase furniture order. It is now June 14th and not one word, from anyone!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I purchased a couch and dining table back in October that has taken over 8 weeks to be delivered. Not only was the delivery delayed, but the table was damaged. The couch was also missing nail studs. I can confirm that all the reviews below are accurate as I have and am currently experiencing each one of them, from the product, customer service and delivery. I was told the manager was going to call me back on 4 different Occasions and I'm still waiting. Two days before Christmas now and I'm supposed to have the dining table delivered today as promised and confirmed - well, guess what, they don't even have me on schedule for delivery today or tomorrow. Totally unacceptable and unbelievable. I regret ever even stepping foot in Huffman Koos.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My bedroom set was delivered on 12/3/2019. The handle on the dresser broke off when I opened the drawer. I see that it is not sturdily made. I called the Elmhurst, Queens store and was given the customer service number 973.249.0700. The voicemail is that I should leave a voicemail, no one is available to take the call. I called different times throughout the day. This is the third day I have waited for a return call. I looked on the website and chatted on, was given the e-mail address. I emailed and will give them two days to respond. I am so disappointed in Huffman Koos whom I always thought that this store was high end. Not responding to a paid customer is discount store behavior. I would hate to think that Huffman Koos sells inferior furnishings.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I purchased a custom sectional at the Freehold location. The sectional was delivered 11/27. The delivery team was instructed to bring the sectional through the back door, directly into the room it was going. They insisted on going through the front. Apparently, they were in a rush. In forcing it through, they damaged the front door and frame as well as the walls and molding in the hall. They also damaged the sectional as well. We also found stains on the sectional. One appeared to be a food stain. We have been attempting to seek resolution but the first manager we dealt with stopped contacting us. I had to go to the store in person to talk to another manager. He is sending everything to corporate but they have not contacted me. I have an estimate of $1,200 in damage to my house and the sectional is damaged and stained.

Original review: July 15, 2019

On June 16, 2019, I purchased a sofa at Huffman Koos in Fairfield, NJ and paid the full amount. The delivery was scheduled for June 22, 2019. During the purchase, the salesperson, Jeff, told us that they have the sofa in stock. About a week later Jeff told us that the sofa was actually not in stock. I came to the store, spoke with store manager, Pedro, because Jeff was not there. Pedro said that the sofa will come to the warehouse soon and rescheduled the delivery to July 6, 2019.

On July 5, 2019, I received a call from Patricia from the store. She told me that the sofa was shipped to the warehouse damaged. Patricia said that a new sofa (same model) can be rescheduled for the end of July, though could not guarantee it. I told Patricia that I lost faith with the store and asked for a full refund immediately. Patricia said she would work on it and reach out to their corporate offices. However, no one from the company has reached out to me. I have called Huffman Koos repeatedly, but continue to get false promises regarding my refund – my calls are redirected or I am told the person I need to speak with is unavailable, sick, etc.

On July 14, 2019 I came back to the store with my wife and spoke with Pedro. He told me the store in Fairfield could not handle a refund and it must go through their corporate offices (despite the fact that we paid for the product in the store). He told us he would send an email to corporate on our behalf, though other employees (including Patricia and Michelle) said the same thing to us before and nothing has ever come of that. No one from their corporate offices has ever reached out to us. At this point, I have no idea how if ever I will get a refund for a product that was never delivered to me as promised.

Huffman Koos author review by ConsumerAffairs

Online retailer with galleries in New York and New Jersey. Wide selection of quality furniture, with customizations available. Customizable upholstery. All major credit cards accepted.

• Warranty: Varies by item, with extended protection plans available.

• Delivery: Approximately 2–4 weeks with assembly and installation.

• Furniture removal: With purchase of new mattress and box spring set, delivery specialists will remove old mattress and/or box spring.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team