2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.51/5

For over 55 years Huffman Koos has partnered with high-quality manufacturers to provide its customers with top of the line furniture. Our main objective is to create a pain-free purchasing experience for each of our buyers that keeps them coming back for years to come. If you’re looking for affordable, high quality, in-style furniture, Huffman Koos is the place to go.

Huffman Koos Reviews

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I purchased a couch and dining table back in October that has taken over 8 weeks to be delivered. Not only was the delivery delayed, but the table was damaged. The couch was also missing nail studs. I can confirm that all the reviews below are accurate as I have and am currently experiencing each one of them, from the product, customer service and delivery. I was told the manager was going to call me back on 4 different Occasions and I'm still waiting. Two days before Christmas now and I'm supposed to have the dining table delivered today as promised and confirmed - well, guess what, they don't even have me on schedule for delivery today or tomorrow. Totally unacceptable and unbelievable. I regret ever even stepping foot in Huffman Koos.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My bedroom set was delivered on 12/3/2019. The handle on the dresser broke off when I opened the drawer. I see that it is not sturdily made. I called the Elmhurst, Queens store and was given the customer service number 973.249.0700. The voicemail is that I should leave a voicemail, no one is available to take the call. I called different times throughout the day. This is the third day I have waited for a return call. I looked on the website and chatted on, was given the e-mail address. I emailed and will give them two days to respond. I am so disappointed in Huffman Koos whom I always thought that this store was high end. Not responding to a paid customer is discount store behavior. I would hate to think that Huffman Koos sells inferior furnishings.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I purchased a custom sectional at the Freehold location. The sectional was delivered 11/27. The delivery team was instructed to bring the sectional through the back door, directly into the room it was going. They insisted on going through the front. Apparently, they were in a rush. In forcing it through, they damaged the front door and frame as well as the walls and molding in the hall. They also damaged the sectional as well. We also found stains on the sectional. One appeared to be a food stain. We have been attempting to seek resolution but the first manager we dealt with stopped contacting us. I had to go to the store in person to talk to another manager. He is sending everything to corporate but they have not contacted me. I have an estimate of $1,200 in damage to my house and the sectional is damaged and stained.

Original review: July 15, 2019

On June 16, 2019, I purchased a sofa at Huffman Koos in Fairfield, NJ and paid the full amount. The delivery was scheduled for June 22, 2019. During the purchase, the salesperson, Jeff, told us that they have the sofa in stock. About a week later Jeff told us that the sofa was actually not in stock. I came to the store, spoke with store manager, Pedro, because Jeff was not there. Pedro said that the sofa will come to the warehouse soon and rescheduled the delivery to July 6, 2019.

On July 5, 2019, I received a call from Patricia from the store. She told me that the sofa was shipped to the warehouse damaged. Patricia said that a new sofa (same model) can be rescheduled for the end of July, though could not guarantee it. I told Patricia that I lost faith with the store and asked for a full refund immediately. Patricia said she would work on it and reach out to their corporate offices. However, no one from the company has reached out to me. I have called Huffman Koos repeatedly, but continue to get false promises regarding my refund – my calls are redirected or I am told the person I need to speak with is unavailable, sick, etc.

On July 14, 2019 I came back to the store with my wife and spoke with Pedro. He told me the store in Fairfield could not handle a refund and it must go through their corporate offices (despite the fact that we paid for the product in the store). He told us he would send an email to corporate on our behalf, though other employees (including Patricia and Michelle) said the same thing to us before and nothing has ever come of that. No one from their corporate offices has ever reached out to us. At this point, I have no idea how if ever I will get a refund for a product that was never delivered to me as promised.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I purchased a dining table from the Freehold store, "Tall Paul" was our salesman. Very nice guy, friendly. Table was delivered broken, delivery men said could not be fixed, keep this until they send a new table. Called store and spoke with manager who said as per our contract they have the right to repair table. I told him no, we want a new table. I did not purchase a second hand table from a used furniture store, I want a table that is not broken!! Nasty manager stated that repair will come and see if table can be repaired....Repair service comes out, pulls the table apart, bangs a few pics and says, "No good, you need a new table." Guy didn't even have the courtesy to put the table back together!

Now manager tells us repair is ordering new rails to repair. Again told him, we want a new table. He tells us as per the contract they have the right to repair....I now have a table I can't open over a month! Manager is uncooperative, doesn't care and still refuses to give us a new table! I have left NUMEROUS messages for corporate office..**, only an answering machine. No one ever calls back!!!! Small claims court is my next stop! Terrible service all around, stay clear of this company. It's not the "Old Huffman Koos" we remember from years back!!! All I want is the table replaced!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huffman Koos?

Original review: July 2, 2019

Hi, we visited Huffman Koos Freehold and 'Tall Paul' helped us. In the first appointment, he quoted us for a mirror, dining room chair and a sofa. I left and thought it over and decided I would only go with the dining room chairs and the mirror so I called him and asked he would honor the price he originally quoted and he replied 'please come to the store and I will make you happy'. I told him specifically that I won't pay more than what his original quote and he said, "Ok please come in to the store so we can finalize it." When I went, he came up with prices that we were 50% more than what we originally spoke on the first appointment and on the phone. It was literally the worst shopping experience. He made us drive 60 miles for nothing. He completely deceived us and disrespected us. AWFUL SERVICE!! I would give negative stars if I could.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Very sorry I did not read these reviews before furniture shopping at Huffman Koos. No problems with the purchasing/delivery experience; however there is an issue with one of the pieces we purchased and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get in touch with someone in GUEST SERVICES. Left a message every day for one week and never received the courtesy of a return phone call.

Went back to store and spoke directly with a sales manager who said their not responding to my messages was not acceptable. After he sent an email detailing my situation and requesting they contact me I waited a week and still did not receive a call! Called back sales manager who told me they responded to him that there was nothing they could do for me (why didn't he call me to tell me that???). He told me he would discuss my problem with the store manager and get back to me - don't know why I'm surprised but I never heard back from him either. So to recap - the buying experience at Huffman-Koos is fine, but God help you if you need any service from them after that. Definitely will not be going back.

Original review: May 7, 2019

We had purchased over $4,000 worth of furniture from the store in Farmingdale. When our living room chairs arrived both of them had some manufacturing defect. Chairs were wobbly. I waited over 2 weeks to get the chairs redelivered. No one ever called from customer service to give updates. When you call good luck getting in touch with anyone. When I finally spoke with someone who was no help I asked her name. I was unable to understand her as she spoke with heavy accent. When I asked her to spell her name she very rudely replied, "Are you hard of hearing." Finally I got her name Dala. A person like this should not be working in customer service. The customer device department is an absolute disgrace.

Original review: April 17, 2019

The floor manager was great when we made our order, however all that all changed when we canceled the order within 24 hours. I was spoken to rudely on the phone when I called to cancel. I was told I needed to speak to manager, ok fine. There was a lot of back and forth to get to talk to a manager. After another day of calling, I finally did, and I was told I'd get an email and that it had to go to Corporate. If I didn't call back every day - I don't think anyone would have gotten back to me.

Meanwhile, they have my thousand dollars and I don't. I called back again, was transferred to a voice mail and like the day before, I left a message. I called back right away and finally got a manager to the phone, I spoke calmly but firmly and he (Ken) told me to calm down and "act like an adult" - I don't think he'd say that to a man! Only after Ken thought I had calmed down enough, did he tell me to give the secretary my credit card number. So for three days, they held my money and made their interest - it would have gone longer if I didn't keep calling. VERY DISPLEASED WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Contrary to the negative reviews noted, I had a terrific experience with Huffman Koos. Sheldon in Rockaway, NJ, made sure the pieces I was interested in were showcased to their best advantage. I was between 2 pieces that varied in price but he never tried to upsell me. I purchased the new dove gray, Italian dresser and nightstands and couldn't be happier. Delivery was within the week, and arrived when promised, in pristine condition, and by courteous moving men. An awesome experience, seamless execution. Thank you.

Huffman Koos author review by ConsumerAffairs

Online retailer with galleries in New York and New Jersey. Wide selection of quality furniture, with customizations available. Customizable upholstery. All major credit cards accepted.

• Warranty: Varies by item, with extended protection plans available.

• Delivery: Approximately 2–4 weeks with assembly and installation.

• Furniture removal: With purchase of new mattress and box spring set, delivery specialists will remove old mattress and/or box spring.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team