2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.51/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

For over 55 years Huffman Koos has partnered with high-quality manufacturers to provide its customers with top of the line furniture. Our main objective is to create a pain-free purchasing experience for each of our buyers that keeps them coming back for years to come. If you’re looking for affordable, high quality, in-style furniture, Huffman Koos is the place to go.

Huffman Koos Reviews

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Do NOT shop at Huffman Koos. I am not one to post reviews but this deserves one. I am disgusted. I recently ordered a couch and according to the agreement I signed, I had 72 hours to cancel or change my mind. I called 42 hours later to cancel and am now being told that the contract that was given to me was SUPPOSED to say I only have 24 hours to cancel or change my order. And now they are telling me that I can not get my money back, but they will give me a store credit! They apologized, but told me the decision came from their Vice President!!! HA!!! It is not my fault! I was undecided in the showroom but was assured by the salesperson that I could cancel within 3 days!!! THEY made the mistake!!! Repeat: DO NOT SHOP with this company! I do not want a store credit Huffman Koos! I don’t want to shop in a store that treats its customers as I am being treated! Horrible way to treat your customers!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Our living chair was delivered damaged but HK promised to send a repair tech. This was 3 months ago and after constant calls and communication nothing was done. We are now forced to use an attorney. A disgraceful and fraudulent firm. Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Purchased an expensive Kincaid sectional from Huffman Koos and received the worst customer service experience when the sectional needed service within the first year of purchase. Constant runaround from Farmingdale, NY showroom when trying to fix the problem with the sectional and even worse customer service from NJ Corporate Offices! Left multiple messages and no call backs to try to rectify the problem with my furniture. If you are going to purchase from the Huffman Koos company beware that once they deliver the items and have your money you are on your own! Never have I experienced a company as horrible as Huffman Koos — buyers please beware!

Original review: July 22, 2018

1/16/16 I paid almost in full for a special order leather sofa sectional. I bought it at the Farmingdale store. The sales receipt did not have a delivery time written on it. I was told it would be in, in about two months. I never received it. After two years of pursuing them via phone, I sent letters requesting my payment back and never heard from them. Basically, after a year and a half of calling the store, I never got any response as to where the sofa was or when it was coming. I tried to challenge the charge through my credit card company and was told that I signed and paid for it. I have looked for lawyers to assist me and no one wants to be bothered because it is considered small claims (I paid just under $3000 for it). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't ever deal with this company!!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I cannot use "0, zero" star to describe the Huffman Koos's rating. This furniture store in Freehold New Jersey is filled up with incompetent associates, managers and service reps. I purchased a loveseat back in Dec 9, 2017 which had to be special ordered and promised for delivery within 16 weeks or less. By May 2018, the furniture was not here and the incompetent store managers were blaming the supplier and shipping company for the delays. Once the furniture arrived in NJ about two weeks ago, then there were more excuses for delivery delays to my home. Finally, today, May 23 (more than 6 weeks late!) was scheduled for the furniture delivery to my house and I received an automated call yesterday that it would be between 4-8 PM today.

I tried to change the delivery time to an earlier timeframe due to other planned engagement; by calling the store and one of the incompetent managers there told me that he would try and would call me for the new time. That never happened. While I was waiting all day for the delivery, I received a call from the delivery company that the delivery time still is between 4-8 PM and probably more towards the end it, 8:00 PM. It is now 11:12 PM and I am still waiting for them to come!! The people working at the Huffman Koos store in Freehold never followed up with my order and tracked progress to make sure the order delivery is as it was promised and instead, tried to blame others for their incompetency.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huffman Koos?

Original review: June 12, 2017

One star because site does not allow 0. Sold us defective chairs with dinette table. Many tries to correct problem resulted in lies, misdirection and general incompetence. After seven months in small claims court won a definitive judgment against them. Now, need to find their Bank or their EIN in order to execute the judgment. Anybody know either of these items?

Original review: May 25, 2017

Do yourself a favor and do not shop at Huffman Koos. I purchased a bedroom set less than a year ago and have had nothing but problems. My initial experience was that the store messed up my delivery. I told the store that my building had delivery restrictions and they specifically told me up to the day before that the delivery would be made in the morning. To my unpleasant surprise, I got an automated call at 6:00 a.m. informing me that it had been changed to the afternoon. Despite my frantic calls, the driver showed up too late and my superintendent would not allow him in. This happened after I took the day off and made arrangements for people to help me get rid of my old bed, which means I not only lost a day of work for nothing, but I also had to sleep on the floor from Friday night until Tuesday. The worst part was that no one was the least bit apologetic. In fact, the store manager attempted to blame it on me.

Fast forward, my brand new mattress is now sinking significantly in the middle, so much that it's extremely uncomfortable to sleep on. I have been calling customer service about this for over two months. Naturally no one in the store is willing to help me and it's nearly impossible to get someone on the phone in customer service. By some miracle, I got an employee about a month ago and she set me up with an inspector, who came and took pictures, then submitted a report the same day.

For the last 20 days, I have continued calling customer service to try and resolve this once and for all. I have left no less than 4 voice mails for a supposed manager without one returned phone call. I have tried leaving messages for random people in the directory as well. Yesterday, I finally got someone and was told that the inspector mistakenly wrote in his report that it was a king size bed. I informed her that it is not in fact a king and sent her my receipt showing that it's a queen. I was promised a callback, but of course it never came. I was able to reach the same person today and was told that the inspector will have to come back and take more pictures because of his mistake.

Every day that this drags on means another night that I have to sleep uncomfortably. The store's customer service is absolutely disgraceful and I would never spend another dollar on their merchandise. I wish I had read some online reviews before going there because it's very clear that I am not alone. If I could go back in time, I would go to a store that actually stands behind its products and cares just a little bit about its customers. Since I can't do that, I'm going to file complaints with every agency that will take them and if I have to, file an action in court for a refund. Since I'm an attorney, that is not a problem for me. Hopefully other people will see my review and the hundreds of others before making the same mistake that I made.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I purchased a sectional from Freehold Huffman Koos in February 2016, was told it would take 8-10 weeks, when it was actually 15. That alone was upsetting, but when it finally was delivered, I was at work, so my husband came home quickly to accept it. After getting home later in evening, naturally I looked at it, but it was for a sunroom that we didn't use often, and we were going away, I did not notice a small cigarette-sized hole in the top back of one end until we returned about 6 days later. I called the store immediately and was told there was nothing I could because anything had to be noticed within 48 hours. I had purchased a protection plan separately, and was told by the manager to call them. I did, but because I didn't know how the hole got there, it was not covered.

I made several calls, and stops to the store within the next week to speak to a manager, and NEVER getting a returned call after being told he would look into it, and contacting customer service, and being told there was nothing they could do and being so frustrated with the LACK of customer service, I decided to contact my credit card and dispute the payment. Within several weeks, my credit card sent me a letter stating all the money was credited back to my account. By this time it was the end of the summer, and I was expecting to be contacted by Huffman Koos.

So, fast forward to February, 2017, I got my mail the other day, and among it was a letter from a collections agency for the delinquent account. I have never received ANY type of correspondence from Huffman Koos prior to this. All I was looking for before this whole mess began was someone from the store, to make good on the damaged part. It was the smallest end section of the sofa, that could have been repaired. Considering the cost which was over $ 3,000.00, I don't think that's asking a lot, especially if you want to keep customers coming back... I WILL never recommend, or set foot in a Huffman Koos store and I advise everyone to do the same!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

My experience with this company at first was ok at the Queens location. Sales rep was cool. Got a good deal until they got our money. Told us the Aspen furniture won't be delivered until Sept 2016 but we got it early August. Once the order came all furniture was damaged. Pasha bedroom set also damaged. Come to find out they shipped me the floor sample. Numerous emails, pictures and complaints. Nothing has been settled. Now my bed rails are falling apart. Still nothing has been solved. When I call they give me the run around and 100's of excuses. I just want to get our 100's of dollars back and they can keep this trash they sold me.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I ordered custom Craftmaster Furniture from Huffman Koos on Oct. 13, 2016. I was promised delivery in 8 to 10 weeks. I am a fairly patient customer so even though I did not receive my furniture before the Holidays (10 weeks) I was not that upset. After the Holidays, I still gave it a week but never heard from Huffman Koos. I began calling them on January 9th. Each time I called I got a different answer and was promised that a manager would call me. A manager never called me until January 23rd, after I had my credit card company reverse my deposit.

On January 23rd (15 weeks), the polite manager informed me that she still could not tell me when my furniture would arrive, where it was, why it wasn't shipping etc. We can track pizza but not furniture, it is truly unbelievable. They are supposedly currently "re-branding" to carry a more expensive line of furniture. With this record of customer service I don't see how they survive. Consumers expect better and the more they pay for things the higher level of service they expect. Do not purchase furniture from this retailer. I should have read the reviews before I did.

Huffman Koos Company Information