3.9/5 (273 ratings)

About Huffman Koos

For over 55 years Huffman Koos has partnered with high-quality manufacturers to provide its customers with top of the line furniture. Our main objective is to create a pain-free purchasing experience for each of our buyers that keeps them coming back for years to come. If you’re looking for affordable, high quality, in-style furniture, Huffman Koos is the place to go.

Huffman Koos Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huffman Koos?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huffman Koos?

Original review: June 14, 2020

We purchased 2 chaise lounges on 3/15/20. The salesman made us a great deal. Unfortunately the covid19 lockdown came 10 days later. Since we had been told the furniture would be delivered in 3-4 weeks, the assumption was that once the manufacturing plant in TN opened we would be advised the status of purchase furniture order. It is now June 14th and not one word, from anyone!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I purchased a couch and dining table back in October that has taken over 8 weeks to be delivered. Not only was the delivery delayed, but the table was damaged. The couch was also missing nail studs. I can confirm that all the reviews below are accurate as I have and am currently experiencing each one of them, from the product, customer service and delivery. I was told the manager was going to call me back on 4 different Occasions and I'm still waiting. Two days before Christmas now and I'm supposed to have the dining table delivered today as promised and confirmed - well, guess what, they don't even have me on schedule for delivery today or tomorrow. Totally unacceptable and unbelievable. I regret ever even stepping foot in Huffman Koos.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My bedroom set was delivered on 12/3/2019. The handle on the dresser broke off when I opened the drawer. I see that it is not sturdily made. I called the Elmhurst, Queens store and was given the customer service number 973.249.0700. The voicemail is that I should leave a voicemail, no one is available to take the call. I called different times throughout the day. This is the third day I have waited for a return call. I looked on the website and chatted on, was given the e-mail address. I emailed and will give them two days to respond. I am so disappointed in Huffman Koos whom I always thought that this store was high end. Not responding to a paid customer is discount store behavior. I would hate to think that Huffman Koos sells inferior furnishings.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I purchased a custom sectional at the Freehold location. The sectional was delivered 11/27. The delivery team was instructed to bring the sectional through the back door, directly into the room it was going. They insisted on going through the front. Apparently, they were in a rush. In forcing it through, they damaged the front door and frame as well as the walls and molding in the hall. They also damaged the sectional as well. We also found stains on the sectional. One appeared to be a food stain. We have been attempting to seek resolution but the first manager we dealt with stopped contacting us. I had to go to the store in person to talk to another manager. He is sending everything to corporate but they have not contacted me. I have an estimate of $1,200 in damage to my house and the sectional is damaged and stained.

Original review: July 15, 2019

On June 16, 2019, I purchased a sofa at Huffman Koos in Fairfield, NJ and paid the full amount. The delivery was scheduled for June 22, 2019. During the purchase, the salesperson, Jeff, told us that they have the sofa in stock. About a week later Jeff told us that the sofa was actually not in stock. I came to the store, spoke with store manager, Pedro, because Jeff was not there. Pedro said that the sofa will come to the warehouse soon and rescheduled the delivery to July 6, 2019.

On July 5, 2019, I received a call from Patricia from the store. She told me that the sofa was shipped to the warehouse damaged. Patricia said that a new sofa (same model) can be rescheduled for the end of July, though could not guarantee it. I told Patricia that I lost faith with the store and asked for a full refund immediately. Patricia said she would work on it and reach out to their corporate offices. However, no one from the company has reached out to me. I have called Huffman Koos repeatedly, but continue to get false promises regarding my refund – my calls are redirected or I am told the person I need to speak with is unavailable, sick, etc.

On July 14, 2019 I came back to the store with my wife and spoke with Pedro. He told me the store in Fairfield could not handle a refund and it must go through their corporate offices (despite the fact that we paid for the product in the store). He told us he would send an email to corporate on our behalf, though other employees (including Patricia and Michelle) said the same thing to us before and nothing has ever come of that. No one from their corporate offices has ever reached out to us. At this point, I have no idea how if ever I will get a refund for a product that was never delivered to me as promised.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I purchased a dining table from the Freehold store, "Tall Paul" was our salesman. Very nice guy, friendly. Table was delivered broken, delivery men said could not be fixed, keep this until they send a new table. Called store and spoke with manager who said as per our contract they have the right to repair table. I told him no, we want a new table. I did not purchase a second hand table from a used furniture store, I want a table that is not broken!! Nasty manager stated that repair will come and see if table can be repaired....Repair service comes out, pulls the table apart, bangs a few pics and says, "No good, you need a new table." Guy didn't even have the courtesy to put the table back together!

Now manager tells us repair is ordering new rails to repair. Again told him, we want a new table. He tells us as per the contract they have the right to repair....I now have a table I can't open over a month! Manager is uncooperative, doesn't care and still refuses to give us a new table! I have left NUMEROUS messages for corporate office..**, only an answering machine. No one ever calls back!!!! Small claims court is my next stop! Terrible service all around, stay clear of this company. It's not the "Old Huffman Koos" we remember from years back!!! All I want is the table replaced!

Original review: July 2, 2019

Hi, we visited Huffman Koos Freehold and 'Tall Paul' helped us. In the first appointment, he quoted us for a mirror, dining room chair and a sofa. I left and thought it over and decided I would only go with the dining room chairs and the mirror so I called him and asked he would honor the price he originally quoted and he replied 'please come to the store and I will make you happy'. I told him specifically that I won't pay more than what his original quote and he said, "Ok please come in to the store so we can finalize it." When I went, he came up with prices that we were 50% more than what we originally spoke on the first appointment and on the phone. It was literally the worst shopping experience. He made us drive 60 miles for nothing. He completely deceived us and disrespected us. AWFUL SERVICE!! I would give negative stars if I could.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Very sorry I did not read these reviews before furniture shopping at Huffman Koos. No problems with the purchasing/delivery experience; however there is an issue with one of the pieces we purchased and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get in touch with someone in GUEST SERVICES. Left a message every day for one week and never received the courtesy of a return phone call.

Went back to store and spoke directly with a sales manager who said their not responding to my messages was not acceptable. After he sent an email detailing my situation and requesting they contact me I waited a week and still did not receive a call! Called back sales manager who told me they responded to him that there was nothing they could do for me (why didn't he call me to tell me that???). He told me he would discuss my problem with the store manager and get back to me - don't know why I'm surprised but I never heard back from him either. So to recap - the buying experience at Huffman-Koos is fine, but God help you if you need any service from them after that. Definitely will not be going back.

Original review: May 7, 2019

We had purchased over $4,000 worth of furniture from the store in Farmingdale. When our living room chairs arrived both of them had some manufacturing defect. Chairs were wobbly. I waited over 2 weeks to get the chairs redelivered. No one ever called from customer service to give updates. When you call good luck getting in touch with anyone. When I finally spoke with someone who was no help I asked her name. I was unable to understand her as she spoke with heavy accent. When I asked her to spell her name she very rudely replied, "Are you hard of hearing." Finally I got her name Dala. A person like this should not be working in customer service. The customer device department is an absolute disgrace.

Original review: April 17, 2019

The floor manager was great when we made our order, however all that all changed when we canceled the order within 24 hours. I was spoken to rudely on the phone when I called to cancel. I was told I needed to speak to manager, ok fine. There was a lot of back and forth to get to talk to a manager. After another day of calling, I finally did, and I was told I'd get an email and that it had to go to Corporate. If I didn't call back every day - I don't think anyone would have gotten back to me.

Meanwhile, they have my thousand dollars and I don't. I called back again, was transferred to a voice mail and like the day before, I left a message. I called back right away and finally got a manager to the phone, I spoke calmly but firmly and he (Ken) told me to calm down and "act like an adult" - I don't think he'd say that to a man! Only after Ken thought I had calmed down enough, did he tell me to give the secretary my credit card number. So for three days, they held my money and made their interest - it would have gone longer if I didn't keep calling. VERY DISPLEASED WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Contrary to the negative reviews noted, I had a terrific experience with Huffman Koos. Sheldon in Rockaway, NJ, made sure the pieces I was interested in were showcased to their best advantage. I was between 2 pieces that varied in price but he never tried to upsell me. I purchased the new dove gray, Italian dresser and nightstands and couldn't be happier. Delivery was within the week, and arrived when promised, in pristine condition, and by courteous moving men. An awesome experience, seamless execution. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Do NOT shop at Huffman Koos. I am not one to post reviews but this deserves one. I am disgusted. I recently ordered a couch and according to the agreement I signed, I had 72 hours to cancel or change my mind. I called 42 hours later to cancel and am now being told that the contract that was given to me was SUPPOSED to say I only have 24 hours to cancel or change my order. And now they are telling me that I can not get my money back, but they will give me a store credit! They apologized, but told me the decision came from their Vice President!!! HA!!! It is not my fault! I was undecided in the showroom but was assured by the salesperson that I could cancel within 3 days!!! THEY made the mistake!!! Repeat: DO NOT SHOP with this company! I do not want a store credit Huffman Koos! I don’t want to shop in a store that treats its customers as I am being treated! Horrible way to treat your customers!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Our living chair was delivered damaged but HK promised to send a repair tech. This was 3 months ago and after constant calls and communication nothing was done. We are now forced to use an attorney. A disgraceful and fraudulent firm. Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Purchased an expensive Kincaid sectional from Huffman Koos and received the worst customer service experience when the sectional needed service within the first year of purchase. Constant runaround from Farmingdale, NY showroom when trying to fix the problem with the sectional and even worse customer service from NJ Corporate Offices! Left multiple messages and no call backs to try to rectify the problem with my furniture. If you are going to purchase from the Huffman Koos company beware that once they deliver the items and have your money you are on your own! Never have I experienced a company as horrible as Huffman Koos — buyers please beware!

Original review: July 22, 2018

1/16/16 I paid almost in full for a special order leather sofa sectional. I bought it at the Farmingdale store. The sales receipt did not have a delivery time written on it. I was told it would be in, in about two months. I never received it. After two years of pursuing them via phone, I sent letters requesting my payment back and never heard from them. Basically, after a year and a half of calling the store, I never got any response as to where the sofa was or when it was coming. I tried to challenge the charge through my credit card company and was told that I signed and paid for it. I have looked for lawyers to assist me and no one wants to be bothered because it is considered small claims (I paid just under $3000 for it). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't ever deal with this company!!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I cannot use "0, zero" star to describe the Huffman Koos's rating. This furniture store in Freehold New Jersey is filled up with incompetent associates, managers and service reps. I purchased a loveseat back in Dec 9, 2017 which had to be special ordered and promised for delivery within 16 weeks or less. By May 2018, the furniture was not here and the incompetent store managers were blaming the supplier and shipping company for the delays. Once the furniture arrived in NJ about two weeks ago, then there were more excuses for delivery delays to my home. Finally, today, May 23 (more than 6 weeks late!) was scheduled for the furniture delivery to my house and I received an automated call yesterday that it would be between 4-8 PM today.

I tried to change the delivery time to an earlier timeframe due to other planned engagement; by calling the store and one of the incompetent managers there told me that he would try and would call me for the new time. That never happened. While I was waiting all day for the delivery, I received a call from the delivery company that the delivery time still is between 4-8 PM and probably more towards the end it, 8:00 PM. It is now 11:12 PM and I am still waiting for them to come!! The people working at the Huffman Koos store in Freehold never followed up with my order and tracked progress to make sure the order delivery is as it was promised and instead, tried to blame others for their incompetency.

Original review: June 12, 2017

One star because site does not allow 0. Sold us defective chairs with dinette table. Many tries to correct problem resulted in lies, misdirection and general incompetence. After seven months in small claims court won a definitive judgment against them. Now, need to find their Bank or their EIN in order to execute the judgment. Anybody know either of these items?

Original review: May 25, 2017

Do yourself a favor and do not shop at Huffman Koos. I purchased a bedroom set less than a year ago and have had nothing but problems. My initial experience was that the store messed up my delivery. I told the store that my building had delivery restrictions and they specifically told me up to the day before that the delivery would be made in the morning. To my unpleasant surprise, I got an automated call at 6:00 a.m. informing me that it had been changed to the afternoon. Despite my frantic calls, the driver showed up too late and my superintendent would not allow him in. This happened after I took the day off and made arrangements for people to help me get rid of my old bed, which means I not only lost a day of work for nothing, but I also had to sleep on the floor from Friday night until Tuesday. The worst part was that no one was the least bit apologetic. In fact, the store manager attempted to blame it on me.

Fast forward, my brand new mattress is now sinking significantly in the middle, so much that it's extremely uncomfortable to sleep on. I have been calling customer service about this for over two months. Naturally no one in the store is willing to help me and it's nearly impossible to get someone on the phone in customer service. By some miracle, I got an employee about a month ago and she set me up with an inspector, who came and took pictures, then submitted a report the same day.

For the last 20 days, I have continued calling customer service to try and resolve this once and for all. I have left no less than 4 voice mails for a supposed manager without one returned phone call. I have tried leaving messages for random people in the directory as well. Yesterday, I finally got someone and was told that the inspector mistakenly wrote in his report that it was a king size bed. I informed her that it is not in fact a king and sent her my receipt showing that it's a queen. I was promised a callback, but of course it never came. I was able to reach the same person today and was told that the inspector will have to come back and take more pictures because of his mistake.

Every day that this drags on means another night that I have to sleep uncomfortably. The store's customer service is absolutely disgraceful and I would never spend another dollar on their merchandise. I wish I had read some online reviews before going there because it's very clear that I am not alone. If I could go back in time, I would go to a store that actually stands behind its products and cares just a little bit about its customers. Since I can't do that, I'm going to file complaints with every agency that will take them and if I have to, file an action in court for a refund. Since I'm an attorney, that is not a problem for me. Hopefully other people will see my review and the hundreds of others before making the same mistake that I made.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I purchased a sectional from Freehold Huffman Koos in February 2016, was told it would take 8-10 weeks, when it was actually 15. That alone was upsetting, but when it finally was delivered, I was at work, so my husband came home quickly to accept it. After getting home later in evening, naturally I looked at it, but it was for a sunroom that we didn't use often, and we were going away, I did not notice a small cigarette-sized hole in the top back of one end until we returned about 6 days later. I called the store immediately and was told there was nothing I could because anything had to be noticed within 48 hours. I had purchased a protection plan separately, and was told by the manager to call them. I did, but because I didn't know how the hole got there, it was not covered.

I made several calls, and stops to the store within the next week to speak to a manager, and NEVER getting a returned call after being told he would look into it, and contacting customer service, and being told there was nothing they could do and being so frustrated with the LACK of customer service, I decided to contact my credit card and dispute the payment. Within several weeks, my credit card sent me a letter stating all the money was credited back to my account. By this time it was the end of the summer, and I was expecting to be contacted by Huffman Koos.

So, fast forward to February, 2017, I got my mail the other day, and among it was a letter from a collections agency for the delinquent account. I have never received ANY type of correspondence from Huffman Koos prior to this. All I was looking for before this whole mess began was someone from the store, to make good on the damaged part. It was the smallest end section of the sofa, that could have been repaired. Considering the cost which was over $ 3,000.00, I don't think that's asking a lot, especially if you want to keep customers coming back... I WILL never recommend, or set foot in a Huffman Koos store and I advise everyone to do the same!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

My experience with this company at first was ok at the Queens location. Sales rep was cool. Got a good deal until they got our money. Told us the Aspen furniture won't be delivered until Sept 2016 but we got it early August. Once the order came all furniture was damaged. Pasha bedroom set also damaged. Come to find out they shipped me the floor sample. Numerous emails, pictures and complaints. Nothing has been settled. Now my bed rails are falling apart. Still nothing has been solved. When I call they give me the run around and 100's of excuses. I just want to get our 100's of dollars back and they can keep this trash they sold me.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I ordered custom Craftmaster Furniture from Huffman Koos on Oct. 13, 2016. I was promised delivery in 8 to 10 weeks. I am a fairly patient customer so even though I did not receive my furniture before the Holidays (10 weeks) I was not that upset. After the Holidays, I still gave it a week but never heard from Huffman Koos. I began calling them on January 9th. Each time I called I got a different answer and was promised that a manager would call me. A manager never called me until January 23rd, after I had my credit card company reverse my deposit.

On January 23rd (15 weeks), the polite manager informed me that she still could not tell me when my furniture would arrive, where it was, why it wasn't shipping etc. We can track pizza but not furniture, it is truly unbelievable. They are supposedly currently "re-branding" to carry a more expensive line of furniture. With this record of customer service I don't see how they survive. Consumers expect better and the more they pay for things the higher level of service they expect. Do not purchase furniture from this retailer. I should have read the reviews before I did.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I purchase a bedroom set at the Queens Blvd. location. I don't recommend this store to anyone! When my furniture was delivered the delivery driver brought to my attention that the thread on the mattress was all coming off all around the bed. The furniture had all nicks and scratches almost on all the pieces. I spoke to someone that the delivery person called and I was reassured that the mattress would be changed as soon as possible and that they would send someone to inspect the furniture. It has now been 3 months. I can't begin to say how many phone calls I have made to the store and the corporate office is impossible to speak to anyone. Very unprofessional and greatly disappointed with Huffman Koos and its staff.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

We order dining room furniture on Feb 7th 2016. On March 12, they deliver a table and eight chairs, which included two damaged chairs that we sent back. After repeated phone calls through April 13, they delivered china and two replacement chairs. They fulfilled the order with used items and damaged pieces. As with previous order, we rejected all the pieces of this order. Their deliveryman also confirmed that the items in the April 13 order were used. Frustrated with the vendor, we started to call them again and they kept on expanding the delivery date by telling us the delivery will happen next month. After many calls and complaints, one of the sales person Bruce ** sent us an email stating that he spoke to his manager, Julio, and agreed to cancel the order and refund the full amount if we do not get brand new items with the three weeks time frame, which is to expire on November 30.

When delivery arrived on Nov 23rd, we asked the deliveryman if the items are brand new. As expected, items were floor sample and he because they repacked the items to look new by putting them in boxes. Before they began unloading the items, I went inside the delivery truck to check if they were brand new items. Without any hope, I found they were damaged and looked old. As promised by the sales agent, Bruce, in his written communication had the vendor will refund the money if the items in the order are not to our satisfaction.

As of today, we have not received our money which we paid prior to the February 7th delivery. No one answers our phone calls and are given runarounds. We have no alternate left but to take legal action. For all those planning to even purchase a small furniture items from the Farmingdale, New York, store to please go and show at other store because this place will take your money and will not refund you by giving you the turnarounds.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

The Farmingdale, NY location of Huffman Koos furniture store fails to provide customer service to their customers. The salesmen we worked with were fine. We purchased furniture on Dec. 5, 2016 and paid in full for it on Dec. 7, 2016 on the condition that it could and would be delivered to our home out of state on or before Dec.24, 2016. We made it clear that if that was not possible we would not go through with the sale. The manager and Joy the woman in charge of scheduling deliveries ensured us it would be delivered prior or on Dec. 24, 2016. We called several times to speak with both a manager of the store to be told repeatedly that they were gone for the day or not available. $14,000.00 is the amount we spent on furniture in that store. I think someone should speak with us.

After repeated calling I finally spoke with Joy who said the furniture would be there on Dec. 24, 2016. The furniture never arrived creating a disaster for my holiday. All they had to do was be truthful about the delivery and actually take time to provide customer service. You had no problem taking our money. This experience was horrible and I would never recommend this store to anyone. I want to know where my furniture is. Please contact me at **.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

One star is way too much. Bought bedroom furniture, finally delivered, and missing several crucial parts needed for assembly!!! Over 20 phone calls - non returned. Payment stopped thru credit card company--a week later they call! Twice tried to deliver missing parts--wrong model, wrong size!!! This has been the WORST buying experience of my life. I should have checked the online reviews. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I will NEVER buy from HK again. We bought a wall unit in Sept. and when it was delivered the delivery men dropped a top shelf which damaged the panels. Long story short, we stopped payment and after 11 phone calls (to date) the Customer Service REPEATEDLY screwed up the work order to reship the shelf, OR hardware, OR the # of craftsmen to be sent! AWFUL! People would not call back. We always had to call. It will now be repaired in January! I tried calling the corporate office (president or some other higher up) who might care that the consumer was handled poorly but got no one. I am left to be put on hold and I have to follow up constantly to get what I paid for! I WANT THE PRESIDENT OF THIS AWFUL COMPANY TO CALL ME!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

On Labor Day 2016, I placed an order with Huffman Koos for a Natuzzi sofa and love seat which they said is a special order because I wanted black leather. They just delivered it today, but it was damaged. When the delivery men unwrapped the sofa and love seat, I started inspecting it and found scratches on both and the sofa had 2 tears. A Huffman Koos representative at the local store told me that they would send a technician to come and check it. NOO!!! I purchased brand new sofa and love seat and waited 3 months, not a floor sample. I don't want it fix since the tears and scratches to me means BAD QUALITY CONTROL. New means no tears and scratches. If I wanted a floor sample I would not pay $2500. Also, the area where you rest your back looks very poorly stuffed. The back of the love seat has a 2 to 3 inch thick line that looks like dirt. There are indents where they shouldn't be any.

I am very disappointed with my experience. I advise people to strongly think about it and make sure they are getting sofas that are perfect condition when delivered. They offered to fix it. Why should I need to fix something that was just delivered with these flaws? They should replace the sofa and love seat with a seat that has none of these flaws or give me a full refund. That is only fair.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I purchased a Natuzzi 5 piece Soprano. On the day of delivery in Aug, the coach came damaged. The dust cover on the bottom covers the 2 main pieces were ripped. When we called Customer Service after waiting 2 months then to find out the order was never placed at the Corporate office and after the tech came by TWICE to tell us the original cover with the zipper is not available but they can send a tech and staple the dust cover on the bottom 2 pieces. NOOOOOOO!!! I paid over $6,500. I expect to get the pieces fixed as it should have at the time of delivery.

As of Oct 27, 2016 I emailed Crystal ** from the Corporate office and NO REPLY!!! I used my hard earn money to purchase this couch. AND I purchased EXTENDED. It is unethical what Huffman's Corporate office is doing - ignoring and neglecting to fix the damages that was made by THEIR own delivery people. I even said to Crystal ** "If you were the one that purchased a $6,500 couch, would you be fine with customer service saying we can't replace the dust cover with the original zip cover but we can have it stapled into the couch." I will reach out to the Corporate office this week. I am very disappointed! Very!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

We purchased a reclining sofa and LOVESEAT around April. We were told it would take about 8-10 weeks to deliver. When the delivery men arrived, they had trouble getting it into the house. They damaged our front door, moulding, and closet door. When they unwrapped the pieces they were two different colors! One dark brown love seat that looked like it was dirty and a light brown couch. We called the store. They said they do not even make the pieces in light brown! They put the pieces back in the delivery truck and promised to rectify the situation.

The next morning the delivery men arrived and took the pieces off the truck. IT WAS THE SAME TWO MISMATCHED COUCHES! Back onto the truck. My husband went to Huffman Koos to talk to Julio. He promised we'd have it the next day but they needed to get them from the warehouse in NJ. By 11:00 at night we had the correct two pieces. It was the last day of May 2016. While there, we decided to also purchase a new mattress and base. It is a $5,000 mattress/base. They offered a free pillow. I asked for a mattress protector instead. When my husband went down to the store to talk to Julio about all the delivery problems, he told my husband that if I wrote a positive review about him online that he would give us $100.00 in store credit.

Around August, someone was reclining in the LOVESEAT. I noticed there was a lot of dust or powder underneath. When I moved the love seat, I saw a piece of metal poking through the back of the couch. It had been gouging out pieces of our wallpaper and dry wall. I moved the couch and noticed the same thing! I called the store and customer they told me I had to deal with their service department. I called and was given an Email address to send photos to. I sent the emails me photos. No response for a few weeks. I called again and realized I had misspelled the name of the email address so I resent the emails correctly. A few weeks passed. I began to notice other issues like sagging cushions, a cracked recline button, and padding under the seat bunching up. I don't think the couches should be falling apart after four months.

Around November, a service tech arrives. He took photos and I pointed out all the issues. He left and said he needed to order parts. No response for a while. I began calling the store. I asked to speak to Julio and left messages and my phone number. He never called me back. I have called Julio maybe twenty times since then but he never calls me back.

Multiple calls to the store, customer service, corporate... One evening I drove down to the store. I spoke to Ted, I believe, and told him about all the issues. He told me that once the furniture arrives to my house they are no longer responsible for it. He looked into my visit from the service man and he only noted the damage to back of couches, and none of the other issues. I left, very upset and I called the service plan that they had charged us $199.00. They told me they have no record of us or our furniture. So Huffman Koos charged us for this protection plan and never enrolled us.

The next day, I called the store and asked to speak to the highest person in charge. Her name is Joy. I began to tell my story and she told me to come down and reselect new furniture. I drove down there with my invoices. I saw Julio. I asked him why he never called me back and he told me that he never got any message from me. I told him that if he is a Catholic, he'd better go to confession! Joy got on the phone with corporate. They said in order for a reselection or refund of the couches I needed another service call. I asked her to set one up. She promised someone would be there that Monday.

Nobody arrived that Monday. I also pointed out that we were charged for a protection plan that Huffman Koos never enrolled us in. Joy wrote up an invoice with my bank account info and the reason for the refund. She told me the money would be refunded. A couple more emails to the service department who now began telling me I needed to contact corporate. I did so three or four times. There's no option to speak to a Human being. I then called Huffman Koos in New Jersey and spoke to someone there. She sent an email to corporate. Then, Ms. **, finally called me. She informed me that the damage to the furniture is my fault since we had it too close to the wall and they will not repair our furniture. I am beyond frustrated. I have wasted countless hours on this matter.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I bought a Capri sofa in Oct/2016 and I was told I would receive the sofa by November. I just received a call saying it will take another month. So I called the store to cancel my order and the salesman and manager are out. If I want to cancel I have to pay 20%. Very disappointed. Never go to this store again. Go somewhere else!

Huffman Koos Company Information