2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.72/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Ethan Allen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethan Allen?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethan Allen?

Original review: March 3, 2020

We ordered a sofa and two chairs from Audrey ** at Ethan Allen in Milford Jan 12, 2020 after several trips to the store before we made our decision. Audrey was very patient with our need to take time with the decision. We placed the order on Jan 12. The furniture came on Feb 29! The delivery was easy, the men were careful with everything and located the pieces where we wanted them. It looks great! We chose a muted paisley for the chairs. The pattern is perfectly centered on the backs, the cushions and matched to the bottom of the chairs. We purchased furniture from Ethan Allen the last time we bought furniture. After 25 years and 5 moves we decided it was time for new things and are happy to report that this new stuff looks like it will last another 25 years.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Love our furniture, had a minor problem but it was fixed immediately. Really appreciated the fabric selection and and complementary pieces. The sales people were friendly and very knowledgeable about styles as well as colors. We brought our color palette into the store and we're glad we did. Once we settled on colors our selection process went very smoothly. The hardest thing for us was getting the styles we both liked. This is where we needed the most help. We look forward to working with this store again in the future. We already have ideas on how we will upgrade the next room.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

The furniture is beautiful. Delivery personnel are professional and take pride in what they do. For instance, there was a dent in a table top that I did NOT even notice. I would have missed it completely and even after shown, I could barely see it. A new was delivered, replaced and I was able to keep the damaged one without charge. The furniture is delicate. Nicks/dents easily. Otherwise I love it. I love it even more because it is 100% American Made. A little expensive but so worth it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

It goes without saying that the quality of the furniture is almost unparalleled. Long lasting, passed down to the Next Generation kind of furniture. Customer service is fine, I did not feel super pressured into making a purchase. My only complaint is that the selection, I felt was limited. I also shopped at Circle Furniture and Boston Design Center and found a wider selection of styles.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Very high quality furniture. Vast selection of choices for each particular item of furniture. The rugs are spectacular in both design and quality. The free interior design service really helps because she came out to our home. She made a computer design of our rooms. Since she sees the room layout and natural lighting, etc. she really was able to help with proper furniture sizes and arrangement. The lighting she recommended was perfect. A zero % deferred interest plan was very helpful too.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

We ordered chairs for like 7000.00 and within 2 days we called and asked them to stop because we weren't sure about the fabric we choose. They wouldn't stop our order and keep our deposit. Very fraud company. Don't buy furniture their customer service is so bad. They just want your money. NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

We placed a special order for a bed on 7/1/2020. We were told it would be 10-12 weeks before delivery. Our delivery date has changed 5 times now. We have been EXTREMELY patient because of Covid. Now, we have been informed that it will be 16-20 weeks for our delivery. (This will probably change because it has changed so many times already.) I have emailed and called Ethan Allen customer service 8 times (all documented) with an average phone wait time of 23 minutes. I have left 5 voicemails for call backs. NOTHING!!

Customer service has completely IGNORED my request for a refund, as we are no longer patient waiting for a bed that has not even begun to be made. Per the Chesterfield, MO store location, there has been a “fabric delay.” This is unacceptable. I expect much higher quality of customer service from a “FINE” furniture store. I am shocked to experience such avoidance in our concerns. We have been more than patient and are requesting an official FULL refund.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I have been purchasing furniture from Ethan Allen for over 30 years and am very satisfied with the quality as well as their customer service. Today my new dining chairs arrived. They are simply beautiful and well crafted.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

We ordered a lot of furniture from Ethan Allen for our new home. They do not answer any calls or emails. Their service center employees are totally unhelpful. Our furniture has not showed up in the last 3 months. They have charged our credit card and still no furniture. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

On July 31st, I purchased a sofa online. As I was ordering this sofa, the price came up of $1450.00. Then the screen quickly changed to a new price of $1650.00. It was past the business hours of customer service so I placed the order and sent an email questioning the jump in price online. Please understand I also took a picture of the price of $1450.00 on my iPhone for verification. The next day I received a voice message on my phone from a company employee by the name of Joanne. She stated to pulled my order and the price of $1650.00 was the correct price. She stated she was not sure what might have transpired when I placed the order online however they do not honor prices that may have appeared online that the $1650.00 stands and they do have the right to change prices at any time.

That day I tried phoning the company. I was placed on a hold for over an hour then a voice came on advising to leave a voice message. I was very upset, needless to say that I waited for that length of time with no response. Yesterday, I again emailed the company advised of my complaint and that I was located in California, not Eastern Standard Time and to please return my call during my time, not at 6:34 Am. So far I have had no response to my complaint. I feel that they need to honor the price that appeared online (of which I have a I phone photo of for proof) as any reputable company would or should do. I have purchased many items in the past from this company and have always been satisfied. However, presently their lack of response I find disturbing as a senior citizen and veteran.

Ethan Allen author review by ConsumerAffairs

For over 80 years, this company has offered furnishings for living and dining rooms, bedrooms and offices, plus outdoor, lighting, rugs and décor.

• Services: Free consultations with a professional designer before you order.

• Delivery: Ship anywhere in the contiguous United States.

• Returns: Custom and clearance items cannot be returned.

• Warranty: Furniture protection plans available at multiple price tiers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team