1.57/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ethan Allen

Looking for a good furniture store?

420 Ethan Allen Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

It was our lucky day when my husband and I went to Ethan Allen's Arlington, TX store and were greeted by Sara **. We have purchased many Ethan Allen pieces for our home and at this time were in the market for a new sofa. Sara ** guidance was superb and very much appreciated in helping us to choose just the right sofa to suit our home. Next was the overwhelming task of choosing the fabric. Sara was focused on helping us locate the absolute perfect fabric that would blend beautifully with our room. Her design skills, product knowledge, and expertise made our sofa purchase a true pleasure. It was delivered in the time frame she quoted and is an absolutely gorgeous addition to our living space.

We subsequently decided to purchase two recliners for our kitchen sitting room and called Sara for an appointment. Upon our arrival she had two fabric choices selected that were both perfect. We easily and immediately chose one of them. Sara has a very unique talent and she is extremely qualified. She is so gracious and her patience is unending in striving to understand your personal needs and wishes. Sara is now considered a treasured friend! We are patiently awaiting the arrival of what I know will be two amazingly beautiful recliners. Sara ** is a rare find and I highly recommend her for any Ethan Allen purchase you might be considering!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I was in the market for a new bed & had been perusing the Ethan Allen site for a few weeks. I had a random question (I don't remember what it was about) and decided to leverage the chat line. This outstanding designer - Jennifer ** answered my question and made several suggestions on what I could do with the new bed I purchased. As a result, I not only purchased a gorgeous bed, but 2 gorgeous nightstands & the dresser. My bedroom now looks like the oasis I've dreamt about thanks to Jennifer. She helped me moved beyond the 'sight unseen phobia', and out of my comfort zone! Delivery service was grade & thus far I am very pleased with my purchase & the service I received. I've already reached out to Jennifer for my second undertaking... She's the best!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have never experience customer service so wonderful. I went to the Lake Oswego store and was helped by Zana ** - I cannot do her justice in this description, she was absolutely AMAZING! I had never purchased a quality dining room table before and she made it stress free and easy. She laid out all my options, was patient, and VERY informative about the products and what would work best for me and my family. She also went above and beyond. The first day I went in I was there for a while and she had a client appointment coming up- but never rushed me. Once I had a plan for all the items I wanted with finishes, fabrics, etc. she didn't have time to write me a quote but said she would email it to me later that afternoon when she returned after her in-house consultation.

Later that evening I got a voicemail from her apologizing for not yet sending it- she had gotten back to the store when it was closing, but stated she brought it home to email it to me but forgot to write down my email and needed it again. By the time I got the voicemail it was late so I text her giving her my email and stated she could send it to me the next day- but no, she still sent it to me that night!! I could not believe how wonderful she was. I sent an email back with a few changes and got a response quickly with a new quote and made an appointment with her to finalize it all. Because of her Ethan Allen will now be my primary home store. I could not thank her enough, she made my experience perfect- and I have very high standards.

Also, the furniture is BEAUTIFUL and great quality. There is nothing in the store that wouldn't last my lifetime. During this encounter I bought a dining room table and chairs, which I was able to finance with no interest for 6 months, AND a protection plan for 5 years for only $299! The prices are reasonable and match the quality of the items. I have no doubt that I will return. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

We live now in South Florida and at the end of November we are moving to Fayetteville, GA. In the past I bought several pieces of furniture and decorations from Ethan Allen and was very pleased. I wanted to get some more pieces for the new house in GA, so I contacted over the phone the EA store in Peach Street City. I was very lucky when my call was answered by interior designer Jennifer **. I had my own ideas, but she improved on all of my choices and made them perfect. She went above and beyond to help me realize what I had envisioned and it took a lot of work on her part to accomplish this over the phone. On top of this, she's amiable, courteous and professional. Amazing experience!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I wanted to retract a post I made however it would not let me. My last post should have been about a Chads Ford employee that sold me bad merchandise then lied about the store managers refusing to return them. The post should have been a positive one as I love the store manager at King of Prussia. He’s always helpful and whenever there is an issue he helps work it out. I have shopped there for years and never had something not be rectified. It is one of the only Ethan Allen stores I shop at constantly.

I didn’t know anyone at Chads Ford so when I was treated badly and she was dishonest and stated her words came directly from the store manager it was inaccurate. David never knew and once he heard how upset I was he stepped in and did anything to help. I walked away with it being positive and I wanted my review to show that. I highly recommend King of Prussia or Chads Ford as places to shop and if you aren’t sure which designer to work with I would ask the store manager directly. I love how my designer is at King of Prussia. She is sweet and fun to work with. I feel like I’ve made good friends at this location and highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethan Allen?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Wow! We were sold a pile of BS by Ethan Allen Schaumburg! My wife and I ordered a custom headboard on March 17, 2019, with an estimated ship date of May 2, 2019 (which is reasonable). Today is August 13th and they are now just ready for delivery, but first, they want payment in full before they will even schedule the delivery or put it on the truck!!! You are 101 days PASSED expected ship date…There is ZERO trust that this headboard will be delivered on time or as expected. Ethan Allen has to be out of their minds if they think I am going to pay in full prior to the headboard being delivered and inspected. I even offered to pay as soon as the headboard was in place...but that was a no go.

Turns out that the CEO of Ethan Allen has removed all power from the store managers and the district managers, as they are not empowered to override this 'rule'; the CEO needs to approve this...Really? What kind of little man complex, micro-management structure is that? There's a reason why companies like Amazon, Apple, Starbucks, etc are SO successful. It's because they OBSESSED with the Customer Experience and Customer Satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I was at the Store in Richmond BC. I asked about a tiny 14" brass side table they wanted $800.00 for. I asked a salesperson if I ordered 2 of them would the be all scratched up and haphazardly made like the floor model. The weld marks had been buffed out with a wire wheel grinder and not polished. The bars between were unevenly spaced, and crooked. I am a welder so I can safely say it was very poor quality assembly. When I pointed this out to the salesperson they just walked away and ignored my questions. This is not only bad customer services but no standards in quality control.

Original review: July 18, 2019

When we ordered a custom bed for our new home, it took three months to arrive and when it came it did not fit up our staircase. The company then charged us a $900 restocking fee to return the bed, or we could wait an additional three months for a new bed. The alternate bed was not what we wanted for the room and they refused to refund our money. We were also given the run around through the Ethan Allen corporate structure with no one willing to give us a straight answer. Their tactic was to delay and play phone tag with us until we were absolutely crazy. This is not the company that it once was and there are plenty of high end furniture stores out there. Skip this one!!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

The service in this place is terrible. You have old grannies as their interior decorators with terrible taste. They don't ask the right questions to learn about your likes and dislikes, instead they just say, "Oh this is great, that is great." They provide you with images BUT the fabric is not even available!!! Their shipping policy sucks. They reward you if you buy less but if you buy more they penalize you with more fees. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE? Get with the times folks!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I bought a sectional 3 years ago and we use it daily. No animals or small children. Just my husband and I. The couch has pilled and every one of the cushions even where we do not sit just thread off. They want me to pay 1300.00 to have new fabric sent to me. I will never purchase again. All I get is excuses and telling me there's nothing they can do.

Ethan Allen expert review by ConsumerAffairs

For over 80 years, this company has offered furnishings for living and dining rooms, bedrooms and offices, plus outdoor, lighting, rugs and décor.

• Services: Free consultations with a professional designer before you order.

• Delivery: Ship anywhere in the contiguous United States.

• Returns: Custom and clearance items cannot be returned.

• Warranty: Furniture protection plans available at multiple price tiers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs