2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.72/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Ethan Allen Reviews

Original review: March 3, 2020

We ordered a sofa and two chairs from Audrey ** at Ethan Allen in Milford Jan 12, 2020 after several trips to the store before we made our decision. Audrey was very patient with our need to take time with the decision. We placed the order on Jan 12. The furniture came on Feb 29! The delivery was easy, the men were careful with everything and located the pieces where we wanted them. It looks great! We chose a muted paisley for the chairs. The pattern is perfectly centered on the backs, the cushions and matched to the bottom of the chairs. We purchased furniture from Ethan Allen the last time we bought furniture. After 25 years and 5 moves we decided it was time for new things and are happy to report that this new stuff looks like it will last another 25 years.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We choose Ethan Allen because we found the brand-name and products in China through its partner MARKOR. We love the style and then we search if there is any store in Montreal. Lucky enough there is one and Zania approached us as a designer. I have to say the whole process is so smooth and wonderful. Zania worked closely with us about every details, not only style, color, taste but also propose some products with very attractive price! She's also the person who help us to coordinate the delivery and install because we were not in Montreal at that time. And quality side, we have no complain about their products. Everything seems to be good condition. We also buy the insurance which can cover some damages/accidents. We highly recommend Zania as your designer and also highly recommend Ethan Allen as your high end furniture choice.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My husband and I were get up with our mattress and decided to do research and find a high quality firm mattress. We were also in the search for a sturdy couch. After extensive research we found both at Ethan Allen. The moment we walked into the store from the last point of our delivery we were satisfied. Chris at the Ann Arbor store put himself out there to offer suggestions. We took a mattress quiz and it offered us options to meet our needs. All of the staff was inviting and open to our questions and so patient when we said we need a moment to think about this purchase. We were left alone to discuss our thoughts and agreed to the selection and purchased them. Chris kept in touch with me throughout the 3 week wait.

We had a chair that we bought from Ethan Allen in 1995 that we wanted to keep but it needed to be reupholster. Chris put us onto a guy that works with Ethan Allen. Chris even went so far as to suggest colors and fabric based on our current living room furniture. Now it's 3 weeks later and the two delivery guys come to the house looking neat, clean and so pleasant. They were in an out of the house in 10 minutes removing all of the plastic and the old mattress. Believe me the quality of service, workmanship and quality of the product and the effective way we were approached all along the way is worth the money. Thank you Chris - you are fantastic.

Original review: July 26, 2019

It was our lucky day when my husband and I went to Ethan Allen's Arlington, TX store and were greeted by Sara **. We have purchased many Ethan Allen pieces for our home and at this time were in the market for a new sofa. Sara ** guidance was superb and very much appreciated in helping us to choose just the right sofa to suit our home. Next was the overwhelming task of choosing the fabric. Sara was focused on helping us locate the absolute perfect fabric that would blend beautifully with our room. Her design skills, product knowledge, and expertise made our sofa purchase a true pleasure. It was delivered in the time frame she quoted and is an absolutely gorgeous addition to our living space.

We subsequently decided to purchase two recliners for our kitchen sitting room and called Sara for an appointment. Upon our arrival she had two fabric choices selected that were both perfect. We easily and immediately chose one of them. Sara has a very unique talent and she is extremely qualified. She is so gracious and her patience is unending in striving to understand your personal needs and wishes. Sara is now considered a treasured friend! We are patiently awaiting the arrival of what I know will be two amazingly beautiful recliners. Sara ** is a rare find and I highly recommend her for any Ethan Allen purchase you might be considering!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I was in the market for a new bed & had been perusing the Ethan Allen site for a few weeks. I had a random question (I don't remember what it was about) and decided to leverage the chat line. This outstanding designer - Jennifer ** answered my question and made several suggestions on what I could do with the new bed I purchased. As a result, I not only purchased a gorgeous bed, but 2 gorgeous nightstands & the dresser. My bedroom now looks like the oasis I've dreamt about thanks to Jennifer. She helped me moved beyond the 'sight unseen phobia', and out of my comfort zone! Delivery service was grade & thus far I am very pleased with my purchase & the service I received. I've already reached out to Jennifer for my second undertaking... She's the best!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethan Allen?

Original review: April 30, 2020

Ethan Allen to make your customers extremely satisfied you need to check the furniture order and artwork before it arrives at the home needing repairs.. It shouldn't be the customers responsibility to take pictures and negotiate repairs or replacement... In our case with all the back and forth we settled for a 15% discount which is nothing to what we had paid for the artwork and the stools and their issues. Just couldn't take the stress of it all any longer. It saddens me to even write this experience since Ethan Allen was always our family store to shop in..

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I request replacement part for a pieces of furniture and she got me the part in no time. The chair screws were missing for a while and I couldn't find it in other tool stores. I went to ETHAN ALLEN store at 8134 Yonge Street in Thornhill, Ontario, Canada where ** is Operations Administrator. She got the parts from warehouse and I was relief.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I highly recommend Kelly ** at the Ethan Allen store at Johnstown, Colorado. She provided be with excellent design and decorating advice. My great room turned out amazing! I absolutely love it.

Nancy

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The Ethan Allen store in Raleigh NC has a vast amount of furniture to choose from. I have several pieces of their furniture. The staff are informed and friendly. They are willing to answer questions as needed. The furniture is made well and will last for many years. I am a very satisfied customer!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Began with them (9/30) by ordering dining area table and chairs with a December 31st ship date - they now will not commit to this date. Forecasting "sometime in January". Followed with order for living room sectional (Oct. 10 for 12/31/delivery), coffee table, credenza, carpet, lamps, end tables, pillows, 2 bookcases with glass shelves. Pieces came on 11/17... (carpet, coffee table, one end table, credenza). Wall units are coming in two days (12/7) sans glass shelves in one (they don't know where they are), pillows, lamps - no sectional (won't give us a date). Dining area carpet - won't even give us a date here two months later. Decorator used seems powerless to affect any of this (her fee is included in the furniture, etc. prices) which are very high.

Moral: if you expect any reasonable delivery or someone looking out for your order to assure reasonable delivery - you are in the wrong place, just as we are now. A sample of how a once powerful brand may go downhill in the future if this customer service nightmare runs rampant throughout the customer base. Live and learn folks.

Ethan Allen author review by ConsumerAffairs

For over 80 years, this company has offered furnishings for living and dining rooms, bedrooms and offices, plus outdoor, lighting, rugs and décor.

• Services: Free consultations with a professional designer before you order.

• Delivery: Ship anywhere in the contiguous United States.

• Returns: Custom and clearance items cannot be returned.

• Warranty: Furniture protection plans available at multiple price tiers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team