3.24/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ethan Allen

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Ethan Allen Reviews

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

We are writing this note from our experience with a specific Customer Service Rep from Ethan Allen Furniture Store in Montreal QC, CA. Ethan Allen Design Consultant Zania **, re; our experience with her was awesome. She was sooo patience with us and soo knowledgeable. We traveled to the Montreal QC. store twice and she traveled to our home (2 hrs from Montreal) as well to help us design and decide what would work best in our living room. We know we can be difficult but she was amazing in dealing with us and assisting us in making our final decision and purchase. Zania thank you again. You are the best and the number 1 reason why we chose Ethan Allen for our Furniture Purchase.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We choose Ethan Allen because we found the brand-name and products in China through its partner MARKOR. We love the style and then we search if there is any store in Montreal. Lucky enough there is one and Zania approached us as a designer. I have to say the whole process is so smooth and wonderful. Zania worked closely with us about every details, not only style, color, taste but also propose some products with very attractive price! She's also the person who help us to coordinate the delivery and install because we were not in Montreal at that time. And quality side, we have no complain about their products. Everything seems to be good condition. We also buy the insurance which can cover some damages/accidents. We highly recommend Zania as your designer and also highly recommend Ethan Allen as your high end furniture choice.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My husband and I were get up with our mattress and decided to do research and find a high quality firm mattress. We were also in the search for a sturdy couch. After extensive research we found both at Ethan Allen. The moment we walked into the store from the last point of our delivery we were satisfied. Chris at the Ann Arbor store put himself out there to offer suggestions. We took a mattress quiz and it offered us options to meet our needs. All of the staff was inviting and open to our questions and so patient when we said we need a moment to think about this purchase. We were left alone to discuss our thoughts and agreed to the selection and purchased them. Chris kept in touch with me throughout the 3 week wait.

We had a chair that we bought from Ethan Allen in 1995 that we wanted to keep but it needed to be reupholster. Chris put us onto a guy that works with Ethan Allen. Chris even went so far as to suggest colors and fabric based on our current living room furniture. Now it's 3 weeks later and the two delivery guys come to the house looking neat, clean and so pleasant. They were in an out of the house in 10 minutes removing all of the plastic and the old mattress. Believe me the quality of service, workmanship and quality of the product and the effective way we were approached all along the way is worth the money. Thank you Chris - you are fantastic.

Original review: July 26, 2019

It was our lucky day when my husband and I went to Ethan Allen's Arlington, TX store and were greeted by Sara **. We have purchased many Ethan Allen pieces for our home and at this time were in the market for a new sofa. Sara ** guidance was superb and very much appreciated in helping us to choose just the right sofa to suit our home. Next was the overwhelming task of choosing the fabric. Sara was focused on helping us locate the absolute perfect fabric that would blend beautifully with our room. Her design skills, product knowledge, and expertise made our sofa purchase a true pleasure. It was delivered in the time frame she quoted and is an absolutely gorgeous addition to our living space.

We subsequently decided to purchase two recliners for our kitchen sitting room and called Sara for an appointment. Upon our arrival she had two fabric choices selected that were both perfect. We easily and immediately chose one of them. Sara has a very unique talent and she is extremely qualified. She is so gracious and her patience is unending in striving to understand your personal needs and wishes. Sara is now considered a treasured friend! We are patiently awaiting the arrival of what I know will be two amazingly beautiful recliners. Sara ** is a rare find and I highly recommend her for any Ethan Allen purchase you might be considering!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I was in the market for a new bed & had been perusing the Ethan Allen site for a few weeks. I had a random question (I don't remember what it was about) and decided to leverage the chat line. This outstanding designer - Jennifer ** answered my question and made several suggestions on what I could do with the new bed I purchased. As a result, I not only purchased a gorgeous bed, but 2 gorgeous nightstands & the dresser. My bedroom now looks like the oasis I've dreamt about thanks to Jennifer. She helped me moved beyond the 'sight unseen phobia', and out of my comfort zone! Delivery service was grade & thus far I am very pleased with my purchase & the service I received. I've already reached out to Jennifer for my second undertaking... She's the best!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethan Allen?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The Ethan Allen store in Raleigh NC has a vast amount of furniture to choose from. I have several pieces of their furniture. The staff are informed and friendly. They are willing to answer questions as needed. The furniture is made well and will last for many years. I am a very satisfied customer!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Began with them (9/30) by ordering dining area table and chairs with a December 31st ship date - they now will not commit to this date. Forecasting "sometime in January". Followed with order for living room sectional (Oct. 10 for 12/31/delivery), coffee table, credenza, carpet, lamps, end tables, pillows, 2 bookcases with glass shelves. Pieces came on 11/17... (carpet, coffee table, one end table, credenza). Wall units are coming in two days (12/7) sans glass shelves in one (they don't know where they are), pillows, lamps - no sectional (won't give us a date). Dining area carpet - won't even give us a date here two months later. Decorator used seems powerless to affect any of this (her fee is included in the furniture, etc. prices) which are very high.

Moral: if you expect any reasonable delivery or someone looking out for your order to assure reasonable delivery - you are in the wrong place, just as we are now. A sample of how a once powerful brand may go downhill in the future if this customer service nightmare runs rampant throughout the customer base. Live and learn folks.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Very nice furniture, good service, knowledgeable staff, prices are high but the quality is better than other places. If you are looking for a show piece I would suggest this store or an auction house.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Love our furniture, had a minor problem but it was fixed immediately. Really appreciated the fabric selection and and complementary pieces. The sales people were friendly and very knowledgeable about styles as well as colors. We brought our color palette into the store and we're glad we did. Once we settled on colors our selection process went very smoothly. The hardest thing for us was getting the styles we both liked. This is where we needed the most help. We look forward to working with this store again in the future. We already have ideas on how we will upgrade the next room.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I accompanied a friend who was buying new living room furniture. The saleswoman was very patient, knowledgeable, flexible and answered all questions to our satisfaction. The delivered piece was perfect.

Ethan Allen expert review by ConsumerAffairs

For over 80 years, this company has offered furnishings for living and dining rooms, bedrooms and offices, plus outdoor, lighting, rugs and décor.

• Services: Free consultations with a professional designer before you order.

• Delivery: Ship anywhere in the contiguous United States.

• Returns: Custom and clearance items cannot be returned.

• Warranty: Furniture protection plans available at multiple price tiers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs