1.55/5
Based on 266 reviews that contain star ratings
Are you this business? Claim your page

Looking for a good furniture store?

410 Ethan Allen Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I recently purchased an Ethan Allen Cameron Extension table. I decided to purchase the table from Ethan Allen because I had heard from friends and family that Ethan Allen pieces are lifetime pieces that hold up extremely well. My sister has an Ethan Allen table that she purchased 12+ years ago that has held up extremely well so I expected that I would receive the same quality. I purchased the Cameron table by calling the Lynnwood WA Ethan Allen store. I received the table in early October 2017. Upon delivery of the table I noticed some very light micro scratches already on the table. With very light use (because we have another informal dining table we use for everyday) I have noticed more and more of the micro scratches and they now cover most of the table. We only use the table for formal dining and card games and puzzles.

We've only had the table since October and it sits by a window so the micro scratches are now extremely noticeable all day. I contacted Customer Service in November of 2017 and didn't hear anything back so I contacted Lynette at the Lynnwood Store and she put in another request to Customer Service. I finally received a call from Brian at Ethan Allen today and he told me that surface scratches are not covered under Ethan Allen's warranty and that there is nothing Ethan Allen will do for me. I explained that I have never spent this much on a table before and was expecting it to be a lifetime piece, but after only a few months I am embarrassed by how it looks.

He actually told me the only thing I could do was take a Scotch Brite sponge and orbital sander to the table. I'm not experienced in furniture repair and I don't own an orbital sander much less know how to use one and it seems to me a sander would remove the finish. I requested at least a discount on the table as I will have to now pay someone to repair and put a better finish on the table for me, but Brian said that he couldn't do anything. After I filed a complaint with the BBB, Corporate called and told me they'd give me 40% off a table pad. What a joke! I am disappointed and sick about the amount of money I spent for something that I expected much, much better quality of. I am extremely disappointed that Ethan Allen will not stand behind their products and for their insincere and uncaring customer service. It's disheartening that corporations that once had integrity now succumb to their bottom line over quality and customer service.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Went to Ethan Allen to look for sofa and wing back chairs. Purchased sofa and recliners in Chocolate Old English on 11/26/16 for store in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. They were delivered 01/19/17. Called store manager on 11/8/17. Footrest, headrest and even a part of recliner that my body doesn't touch, but touches other parts of the chair when reclined is faded. Took pictures as manager requested and sent it to him. Stopped by the store, on Monday, November 20 since I did not hear anything from manager. He took the week off, so I left my name and number to call me back.

The next day a salesperson from called me asking for pictures. I told her I had already sent in the pictures and just have the manager call me. He never called. I called him on December 8 and he said he just got an email from customer service and they said it was wear. I did not buy to furniture to look at. I did not intend to purchase cheap furniture at a high price. He told me to cut a piece of the extra leather and mail it to him and he would order a new footrest for me. And they would see about the rest when it was delivered. Wondered why this is happening to chairs and not to sofa. Discovered that sofa was ordered in Chocolate Old English Grade L 3 and 2 Townsend Recliners in Chocolate Old English Grade 3. Original salesman and manager pulled a fast one on us. What good is a new footrest going to be if it is covered in the same cheap leather! I want new chairs in the same leather as the sofa.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The customer service with Ethan ** is the worst I've experienced in my 73 years and having owned a business. When questioning chairs, lighting fixtures that are overscaled... The salesperson insisted I was wrong and would be fine. Why I allowed it is beyond me when I let someone convince me that it was right when I knew better. If you are dissatisfied on delivery they claim everything is custom and cannot be returned which is not always true. I think the only thing that is custom is upholstery goods. The furniture has no character. You will have to eat their mistakes. Take my word for it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I bought this beautiful wooden high chair when my kids were born from Ethan Allen about 35 years ago. It was advertised as an "Heirloom" piece... to be handed down. So my children have children and I am ready to hand it down... Only one problem the tray has a broken piece that prevents the tray from sliding on and staying on. So I called the parts department and was laughed at... Told they don't carry the part... They don't carry high chairs. Obviously Ethan Allen didn't really think they would be an "Heirloom " piece. When I asked if they had any ideas for fixing the tray I was laughed at a second time and told "No"! What. Get public relations Ethan Allen!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I went to Ethan Allen in Knoxville, Tennessee as I was so satisfied with my old sofa which lasted 25 years. The designer, Mary Kay ** waited on me. I told her the sectional sofa I wanted to replace was called a "tuxedo design". She assured me that she knew exactly what I wanted as she had worked there for 30 years and knew the stock and styles to the letter. Well, I wound up with a sectional love seat. Too short to even stretch out on. The cushions are wrinkled and puckered and it looks like pure garbage. There was no way they would exchange the sofa for the style I wanted. They still make it as I saw it in their catalog. They did finally send out a guy to change the stuffing in the cushions. That looked better for about one day. Now it's worse than ever.

They have threatened me with big legal fees if I sue them and lose. This piece of garbage set me back well over $5,000. They could care less. I am so disgusted. I really feel ripped off and do not believe the company cares one bit now that the money is in their pocket. I am so disgusted. I recommend you go anywhere else to spend your money. In the grand scope of things a substitute sofa would cost them next to nothing and the remainder would be a tax write off. I am happy to write this review and they better not try to delete it. They are mean and heartless and don't care that I will never do business with them again. I have a 25 year old leather chair, coffee table and fern stand from them. I doubt anything new will last that long. Garbage! And mean spirited company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethan Allen?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

ETHAN ALLEN LEATHER SOFA BED 53 St. Third Ave. NY NY - I was told that ETHAN ALLEN stood by their product. Although the salesperson came to my home to get the payment towards the sofa she failed to follow up after delivery. It was very expensive. More expensive than Raymour and Flanigan. Very flimsy leather. The new sofa is stuffed with bumpy fabric everywhere. ETHAN ALLEN must replace. The manager said that a contractor other than ETHAN ALLEN will call me to see if something was wrong. I have other strong quality leather sofas from Raymour and Flanigan and I regret coming to ETHAN ALLEN. Raymour and Flanigan back up their promises and make exchanges when the customer is dissatisfied. I would never recommend this place.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Wood furniture/Cooper kitchen table - Ethan Allen was considered a high-quality furniture maker, this is no longer true. We have ordered a few items over the years, when it was time to order a kitchen table we didn't shop around, we went directly to the local Las Vegas showroom. The wood is advertised as maple, which would be considered a hardwood adequate for kitchen use. However the wood that Ethan Allen used for the table top is as soft as pine and had dents and scrapes after two weeks of completely normal use. Ethan Allen blames the customer. I asked if this is supposed to be a decorative table or a kitchen table because it certainly can't be used as a kitchen table. The finish is foggy and dull, Ethan Allen blames government regulations on finishes.

Ethan Allen appears to do well at selling poor quality items and taking zero responsibility when inevitable complaints pour in. I will agree with other reviewers who have said that Ethan Allen customer service is not customer service. I was unable to reach Ethan Allen by phone and drove down to the store where the saleswoman literally said, "It's wood, use coasters, use placemats!" We have ALWAYS had wooden kitchen tables and we have NEVER had a kitchen table that essentially cannot be used as advertised or intended without being ruined. We took this higher, however Ethan Allen was not willing to do anything other than charge me to replace the then six-week old table top.

We will obviously not shop at Ethan Allen again, but I don't think they care. I'm wondering if Ethan Allen is planning on taking in as much money as possible, selling poor quality items at high prices, attempting to look profitable to investors, but not caring if they stay in business for the next decade or beyond. I could add more detail about our poor experience at Ethan Allen, because we really did attempt to reconcile this, instead, I'll just highly suggest that furniture buyers simply not shop at Ethan Allen. From our experience, and after reading the many other poor reviews, Ethan Allen is not acting like a company that has plans to stay in business. Ethan Allen is selling disposable furniture. Buyers can spend much less for the same poor quality elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

We recently used the services of an Ethan Allen Designer only to find out she was not responsible for the incorrect measurements she made so even though she caused us to order double the fabric we needed we cannot return it. Of course the Designer keeps the extra commission.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

My wife and I walked into the Milford, CT showroom and simply fell in awe of the furniture appearance, quality and design options. We both knew that the prices were a little high but the overall quality and life longevity was worth the cost. To make a long 3 visit to the Milford story short, we actually bought a 4 piece sectional (30 day guaranteed quick ship), a sleep sofa, love seat (30 day quick ship) 2 large rugs, 2 end chairs for our dining room, a large leather ottoman, an entertainment/media center and 2 coffee tables all for a total of $27,000.

This was done in the middle of February and our closing was to be in March so we were told by our sales woman, Jacqueline that it would not be a problem with the two quick ships because many times they are made earlier than the 30 days. We were hemming and hawing over spending so much money but we were also told by Jacqueline that once we sign the agreement, we are obligated to purchase all the furniture, there was no cancellation time. (This in fact was false as we found out there was in fact a 3 day, no obligation cancellation period). We might have cancelled some of our order like the rugs and tables and the end chairs as this would have saved us about $8,000 had we know or been told the truth by the sales associate. Of course she didn't want to tell us this because it would have affected her commission.

Now, getting back to our 30 day quick ship. The sleeper and love seat along with the sectional (minus the center section) arrived as told by the 30 day time period, but the center section which cost $800 did not arrive which made all the difference in the world when we were counting on a full, very large sectional for the company we were having in our new South Carolina home. We immediately called Ethan Allen and their customer service and our sales lady were not concerned whatsoever ever, in fact 10 weeks after is when we finally got our missing piece after having to send them the swatch of fabric from the sectional so they could make the section that had never been made.

The EA product itself is well made but the sales staff and customer service department has much to be desired. To this day we have not heard back from a EA supervisor that said she would make up for this awful mistake. EA, you lost a first time customer because of the company sales associate and lack of a customer service representative that lacked skills and empathy for someone who spent a large amount of money at your store.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I have shopped at Ethan Allen and spent thousands of dollars. Recently, I purchased a round leather ottoman from Ethan Allen in Jacksonville, Florida. The ottoman was delivered and it appeared to be smaller than what I thought it would be. I took a tape measure out and the ottoman was indeed not a 27 inch ottoman that I ordered, but rather 26 inches. It was also 16 inches in height rather than 18" as the specs indicated it would be. I called my design consultant and he told me there was nothing the design manager would do. I tried to reach out to the design manager and she doesn't care and has not returned my call. I also called the home office in Danbury, CT and no response. This was a custom piece and that should have been made to specs. Ethan Allen likes to take your money and basically give you the middle finger. It is so ridiculous. I will never step foot in another Ethan Allen store again.

Original review: May 2, 2017

BE WARNED, CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NONEXISTENT WITH THIS COMPANY - YOU WILL LOSE A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF MONEY!!! We received a sofa with a small tear that went unnoticed for a couple of days. We immediately notified our design consultant and took pictures as the sofa pillows were hiding the tear. Customer Service sent a technician 3 weeks later and the technician determined it could not be fixed. The issue got escalated to the District Manager, Crystal ** and she was not helpful at all... She didn't provide any options, her attitude was "Oh well, you signed for it at delivery", very condescending, not remorseful of the experience at all.

This is the absolute worst experience I've ever had with customer service. Ethan Allen does not try to resolve any issues. They blame the customers and only want your money. Now they want me to pay a 30% restocking fee for their mistake! They only want to accept one of the sofas -- why in the world would I have 2 non matching sofas in my home -- Craziest Customer Service Ever!! I have to pay $1800 to return furniture. Do not trust Ethan Allen with your money. I will never buy from them again!!!

Original review: May 1, 2017

Poor customer service (Knoxville TN). Ethan Allen charges extremely high prices and the product are of China quality. The delivery service guys come to your house and get in a cuss fight in the driveway. Then they damage the products getting them in after they scheduled an delivery appointment between one and five then show up 15-20 minutes late. Then rush to get the product in the door and damage the unit. Then Ethan Allen calls to say they will not bring you good product, they will need to come and repair the damaged item on your time and on their schedule. BUYER BEWARE. Their little repair policy is printed on the back of the paper you sign. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. It used to be a good company but has gone to CHINA!

Original review: April 27, 2017

I saw a beautiful bedroom set but before I purchased it I wanted to make sure it would fit in my new home. I gave my floor plan to the designer and she showed me how the furniture I had picked would fit in the room perfectly. When the furniture was delivered it did not fit the room as per her drawings. The bed which fit perfectly in the wall on her drawing was now sticking out and covering part of the window. I told them this was not what I had ordered and agreed to but they would not budge and wanted a 30% restocking fee to take the furniture back.

Also I ordered a Silver sunburst mirror (per the order form) for my wall. When I received the mirror it was gold. They insisted this was a silver mirror and would not take it back. I sent them pictures of it which definitely show that it is a gold mirror. This is false advertising. Again they refused to take this mirror back and wanted a 30% restocking fee. I will never buy anything from this company again. What terrible customer service.

Original review: April 24, 2017

For 30 years I have been going to the same Ethan Allen in Paoli then they moved to King of Prussia PA. I have furnished three houses and two condos. And I had four different designers during that time. I have to say I was never disappointed. They even lent me a large table since mine was not due to come in yet and it was thanksgiving. I've had small issues over the years that were quickly fixed. I cannot say enough good things. My entire home is filled with Ethan Allan. It never wears out. You have to give it away if you want new.

Original review: April 14, 2017

I purchased a chest from EA and after waiting 8 weeks it was delivered damaged. The customer service was very poor. They sent out a technician to determine if it could be repaired. He determined it could not. We asked that it be replaced and EA refused stating that they would come and pick it up and replace the top and sand down the side and refinish it. We did not pay for a "second" and are not at all satisfied with this response from EA. They have no interest in maintaining satisfied customers that would endorse their products, only in making the sale. I would recommend that you run, not walk, to the nearest furniture store not bearing the Ethan Allen name.

Original review: April 13, 2017

Caution Ethan Allen (EA) customers. You should be aware of EA business practices are not customer oriented. Put a few items on order a few weeks ago. Then get an unsolicited email from EA that the items have been further discounted. EA refused to commit to the price reduction even though no items have actually been delivered. Find it insulting that they send out a promotion that they refuse to honor. Other things to be aware if you buy from EA besides there is no thirty day price protection guarantee that most businesses provide customers. Many of their products are not American made but are premium priced. My items are being made in China, Honduras and Philippines.

There always seems to be a 15% off “sale” which means they mark up 15% so with the so-called discount you're actually paying retail. Advise taking a lawyer with you when to sign a purchase order. I should have had a heads up that this company has had customer relation problems when required to sign/initial your name in about ten places on a multipage contract. Terms and conditions protect EAs interest not customers. Now one of my biggest concerns after reading other customer postings is follow up service after delivery. High prices for foreign made goods (read other customers postings), and negative customer experience business practices may not be a long-term winning business strategy. No wonder EA YTD stock is down 19%.

Original review: April 10, 2017

So I bought some ugly furniture from here and it broke so honey if you are reading this you do not need to buy stuff here and if you have any animals then do not get it from here cause if you do it will rip in half if they even get on it. And Ethan Allen is the ugliest, nastiest name ever and you people can suck my **. I keep buying and buying just so it can get tore up. Well news flash sweetie I am NOT BUYING NO MORE and if I was you I would either.

They have bed bugs and roaches all over the place. Its horrible there and my baby girl is allergic to the stuff they put on them and ended up in the hospital for a week and I got a chair brought to my house and well the moving guys ripped it getting it out of the truck. And they would not give me my money back for none of this so WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT BUY FROM HERE. They need to be put out of business and no longer sell stuff. That is what I think. Thank you for reading my review and taking in consideration to all this.

Original review: March 23, 2017

We purchased some furniture for our new home. The closing was delayed and we kept telling their customer service that we weren't ready to receive the table and chairs. We were never told that we would have to pay a storage fee? Unfortunately the move to the new home never transpired. We were not able to move. We had no problems cancelling the furniture with any of the other companies. They were extremely understanding with our personal situation.

When we called Ethan Allen in November I explained That we had to cancel the order. The seats on all of the chairs were considered "custom" as we selected one of their upgraded fabrics. The table we selected was a stock item and still advertised in their catalogue. We had given them a $3300. Deposit. We were willing to forfeit the deposit, less the deposit for the table. Ethan Allen stated they sent me a certified letter regarding storage fees and that I would have to pay for the entire order (we had given them a third), $9714.53. We never received a certified letter from them! We never took receipt of any of their merchandise. All we want to do is cancel the order and not have to pay any charged for storage or the balance of the order. We also wanted credit for the deposit we placed on a stock table. They have been ruthless, threatening and dishonest. I have never had an experience like this before.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I purchased furniture for my living room in September 2016 from the Winston-Salem, NC store. I ordered two leather sofas that were delivered right before Thanksgiving. I loved the overall design and look at first, but noticed the leather fading on one of the sofas within 3 months of delivery. My designer asked that I send pictures of the defect to corporate and was very apologetic. Since contacting corporate, I was asked to send a sample of the leather and told it may not be replaced! Feel like company is not going to standing behind their warranty.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Ordered a dining room set in November of 2016. Told them at the time we were moving and gave them our new address. After four months of waiting for delivery, they said some of the pieces were damaged. Have never dealt with a more incompetent or unprofessional company in my life. We cancelled the order and went elsewhere for furniture. Will never shop at Ethan Allen Furniture again. Buyer beware. Also noticed they are not a member of the Better Business Bureau or Consumer Affairs.

Original review: March 1, 2017

We purchased over $15,000 of new furniture from the EA gallery in Annapolis MD. Our design and furniture is beautiful, however, our designer, Natalie **, after making an error with a balance took it upon herself to charge my credit card without my knowledge. She had remained in constant contact about coming out to our home to see our new purchases to offer accent and lighting ideas, yet never contacted me to about a charge to my credit card of her error. Four days had passed when I had noticed the charge and questioned it. I spoke with the store manager and the credit card company, who encouraged me to place a fraudulent claim. I choose to accept her apology and resolved to not associate with this sales person.

My mistake... On Saturday, 2/25/2017, the final piece from our order arrived, a lovely rug. It took the delivery guys (Scott ** and partner) less than 10 min. to drop it off, as my husband had moved all the new furniture, and the rug was ready to be rolled out. We tipped them and thanked them. Prior to them leaving we remembered they were the two who delivered the bulk of our furniture earlier and had been generously tipped, they both remembered us. Sadly, my husband's wallet left with them. A police report was filed. We have visual confirmation it was them. We will place criminal charges. Not planning on ever doing business with Ethan Allen again... Fool me once, my bad, Fool me twice... criminal charges.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Good news is my husband and I recently purchased our first EA sectional sofa (special order) and leather recliner on Jan 27th. We worked with a wonderful designer (Brandon) in the EA Annapolis and he was excellent. Love him! I would give him 6 STARS for his design acumen and outstanding customer service. He is very responsive even on his day off. :-)

Bad news is it's taking five weeks just to deliver the recliner. The recliner was a store display and was 50% marked down and we paid $1,500+ and delivery charge. Beautiful black leather with nail heads FYI... Store pick up occurs every other Thursday in Annapolis location so pick up did not occur until 2 weeks later (Feb 9th). We were supposed to get a phone call to schedule delivery from their Service Center the week of Feb 13th but did not get one phone call. Brandon followed up and sent them notifications to call us for schedule but no luck. So we went ahead and called the Service Center ourselves (Feb 17th) and got voicemail after multiple calls. Although I missed one call (on Feb 17th) and they left me a message and I called back but no answer.

We called again today (Feb 20th) and success! Someone picked up and we are scheduled for delivery on March 3rd! So it will take five weeks from the day we paid the recliner before it's delivered. Disappointing! We could have just put it in the back our SUV and saved delivery fee. :-) Seriously, EA needs strive to do a better job with their delivery service. Good customer service does not end until the product is received promptly by the customer.

My husband and I have collected EA furnitures for over 25 years. I am biased with this brand. EA is synonymous to quality (although expensive) as far as we are concerned. Our bedroom and dining set are in great condition and purchased them in 1990-1991 after moving from multiple military duty assignments. We purchased end tables, coffee table, and buffet from the Annapolis location about 10 years ago after moving back to US and continue to be satisfied with the quality and craftsmanship of their product.

Read the recent negative reviews on EA and it makes me worried. I have yet to determine if indeed EA is not the same 25 years ago as claimed by other EA customers. Since it's our first time buying a special order EA sectional couch, ottoman, and the recliner, only time will tell if EA continues to be synonymous with quality. The special order couch and ottoman will not be ready until mid to late March. I hope I will have a better delivery experience this time. I'm being optimistic.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I had bought over 60k worth of furniture from Ethan Allen. The designer was useless, but I would like to comment on the customer service. There is a young lady named Marissa that helped schedule all of my deliveries. She helped me go over each and every thing I bought, each and every dollar amount I spent, and how much I had left to pay after delivery. She was very sweet, and warmhearted, and was never annoyed with my million questions. You may have to leave a voicemail with her, but she gets back to you within that same day or the next. Very productive and fast. She is easy to talk to, as if you are talking to your granddaughter.

I even offered to have her over for lunch! I see all the other reviews are not welcoming, but they did not have Marissa! When the delivery team came to my home, they were so nice and polite. Stayed at my home for over 2 hours helping me arrange my furniture. Very sweet boys. I tried to tip them and they refused! Saying it was unnecessary and that it was a pleasure hanging out with me. I will ALWAYS buy from Ethan Allen and as long as Marissa is there to schedule, and the young men are there to deliver!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

We made a modest purchase of two leather chairs and a silk rug, around $6k worth of stuff. No lie, the time from when we said yes, to the time they gave us the final paperwork to leave the NYC branch was 1 hour and 15 minutes. Yes. 1 hour and 15 minutes. The salesperson was nice and kind and appreciative of our patience. But I have to believe most folks would have thrown up their hands sooner and walked out. Be warned.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I bought a silver accent table and a vase from Ethan Allen. Needless to say that the quality is amazing. They first sent me a damaged table which I returned with no issues. They placed an order for a new one and waived the shipping cost without my asking them to do so. Great company and service.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Ethan Allen is not the same high-end store it once was about 25 years ago. I recently purchased 4 dining chairs which have been a total loss to me. I emailed a picture to my designer of my current dining room table and told her I wanted to get new chairs to match it. The color of my table is mahogany. When I received the new chairs they are black. Ethan Allen refuses to exchange them. They said the color is within 'value". Lol. They completely ruined my Xmas this year. Not to mention losing the money I lost. Do not shop at Ethan Allen.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I hate to admit that my husband was correct in telling me to stay away from Ethan Allen, but he was totally correct. A large area rug that I paid top dollar for has faded horribly, despite the fact that it's in a room that's not sunny AND all the windows are covered with custom Ethan Allen treatments. I'm sick that I have to toss this rug. What a waste of money. My mother was loyal to Ethan Allen. The quality now is AWFUL!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I searched high and low for a new sofa. I've had many sofas, my last being from Mitchell Gold which I was very happy with and still own. I was excited to work with Ethan Allen as I thought I would be getting a fantastic new sofa. Nothing could be further from the truth. My experience since the delivery of my brand new sofa has been a nightmare.

The new sofa arrived with several stains which they say came from the delivery truck. I guess this is the same delivery truck they tout as "white glove delivery" and that I paid extra for on top of my $4,000 sofa. All the stains could be removed but one which their repair man spent an hour trying to remove. It is on the front panel of the sofa. Ethan Allen's fix - to run another dye lot of my fabric, rip off the front section and place on a new front panel. Now I did not pay that kind of money for a damaged and repaired sofa. Dye lots vary between 10-15% color-wise every time they are run so now they are trying to push off to me a pieced-together sofa.

I spent a weekend going around to furniture stores in the DFW area (Crate & Barrel, Ralph Lauren Home, Mitchell Gold, Pottery Barn) asking about how they would handle this situation. To a furniture store they said: "well if we tried to get out the stain and we couldn't, we would tell you to keep the couch until we could deliver you a new one." Beware furniture shoppers: if you expect a company to stand by their product DO NOT SHOP AT ETHAN ALLEN!!! I will update this if anything changes but I am using every means I have necessary from Facebook, Twitter and my membership in the Junior League to warn everyone NOT to shop at Ethan Allen. I will update this if anything changes.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

We've been (had been, I must say now) customers of Ethan Allen for couple of decades, and had always enjoyed everything purchased there. The design and quality was always evident, hence we didn't mind the prices. However, after a long gap in buying furniture (we were still buying little things, accessories, paintings, mirrors, etc.), we've ordered custom set of sofa + chair. Waiting 2 months was not a problem, however, we were a bit nervous after reading all the current reviews about how E.A. is not the same anymore, etc. Unfortunately, we have to confirm that it's 100% true, and in fact, Ethan Allen is NOT what it used to be, quality wise.

They did, however, fool us by showing "similar" display items, based on which we've made our order, however, what we received wasn't nearly as good. The chair is practically useless, impossible to seat on, bulging bottom pillow with 100 psi pressure assures it. The sofa actually had a thin steel nail nicely poking on a side of arm rest, so my wife cut her leg pretty bad on the first day she just passed by it too close. Took me some effort to go around all seams, and pull all such nails out (I found a couple, btw). This "craftsmanship" is good for somebody's basement work, but company with reputation should definitely do better, especially considering the price levels, and number of other choices consumers have nowadays. I'm definitely not coming back to them, regardless, I'd rather shop in Home Depot.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

My husband and I had the great displeasure of working with a sales associate at Ethan Allen named Margot, who I now call "Not working with a full deck Margot," because she is either a pathological liar or a delusional crazy person who sees the world in a different, alternate way that's clearly not reality. I strongly believe she is the former, a pathological liar who is only interested in making herself look good, even if that means telling two sets of lies, one to me and another to her manager. The worst of it is that after speaking with her Manager, who tells me yet another one of her lies, the Manager says that "Margot is currently having personal problems."

No, I think "Not working with a full deck Margot" has issues, not personal problems, that probably won't get resolved until she seeks serious professional help which would probably start with her admitting to herself that she is a ** artist who can't remember how to tell the truth. This is sad, because we're talking about a 65 year old lady who is acting like a lying 16 year old about why she wasn't in class. Personal problems should never be an excuse for lying sales associates.

What's infuriating about my ordeal with Ethan Allen is that they feel that it's ok that their salespeople are unethical, lying sociopaths that are apathetic to their customer's needs. I'm sure "Not working with a full deck Margot" got a promotion after this... because after all, she still made a big sale! In short "Not working with a full deck Margot" made a mistake, I called her out on it, she put it on me (not her fault), then I had evidence to show that she made a mistake, she apologized, said that she ordered the new product, never heard back from her until I called the store directly, then she said that she ordered the new product.

Then she proceeded to tell me about a scheme of how she ordered the new product so that we just have to pay her directly for it rather than through Ethan Allen which will save us money (I then came to the conclusion that I was working with a back alley furniture dealer, and unfortunately "Not working with a full deck Margot" was our handler).

Finally I spoke to the store manager, who looked into the order and said that the product was never ordered, and that it would take an additional 6-8 weeks (we are now in September and we originally ordered the product in June). After the Manager's half heartfelt sorry, was when I got upset (you can see I have a lot of patience), and canceled the order and said if she wanted the product that was incorrectly ordered she could come to my house to pick it up, which she did, and said again "sorry" and that "Not working with a full deck Margot" "forgot" to order it. Not surprised, another lie from "Not working with a full deck..."

I was polite and nice and just said that you have a "deceptive, lying" employee working for you. She wanted to let me know that this is not how Ethan Allen does business. Unfortunately, it is exactly how Ethan Allen does business, because a business is only as good as their employees. Her lack of ethics, transparency, and honesty directly reflect on Ethan Allen. Bottom line - Ethan Allen does not care about their customers. As my family continues to grow, we look forward to buying more furniture. Needless to say, Ethan Allen will not be in our purview.

Ethan Allen Company Information