2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.72/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Ethan Allen Reviews

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The Ethan Allen store in Raleigh NC has a vast amount of furniture to choose from. I have several pieces of their furniture. The staff are informed and friendly. They are willing to answer questions as needed. The furniture is made well and will last for many years. I am a very satisfied customer!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Began with them (9/30) by ordering dining area table and chairs with a December 31st ship date - they now will not commit to this date. Forecasting "sometime in January". Followed with order for living room sectional (Oct. 10 for 12/31/delivery), coffee table, credenza, carpet, lamps, end tables, pillows, 2 bookcases with glass shelves. Pieces came on 11/17... (carpet, coffee table, one end table, credenza). Wall units are coming in two days (12/7) sans glass shelves in one (they don't know where they are), pillows, lamps - no sectional (won't give us a date). Dining area carpet - won't even give us a date here two months later. Decorator used seems powerless to affect any of this (her fee is included in the furniture, etc. prices) which are very high.

Moral: if you expect any reasonable delivery or someone looking out for your order to assure reasonable delivery - you are in the wrong place, just as we are now. A sample of how a once powerful brand may go downhill in the future if this customer service nightmare runs rampant throughout the customer base. Live and learn folks.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Very nice furniture, good service, knowledgeable staff, prices are high but the quality is better than other places. If you are looking for a show piece I would suggest this store or an auction house.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Love our furniture, had a minor problem but it was fixed immediately. Really appreciated the fabric selection and and complementary pieces. The sales people were friendly and very knowledgeable about styles as well as colors. We brought our color palette into the store and we're glad we did. Once we settled on colors our selection process went very smoothly. The hardest thing for us was getting the styles we both liked. This is where we needed the most help. We look forward to working with this store again in the future. We already have ideas on how we will upgrade the next room.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I accompanied a friend who was buying new living room furniture. The saleswoman was very patient, knowledgeable, flexible and answered all questions to our satisfaction. The delivered piece was perfect.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethan Allen?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Upon looking for a dining room set; the layout of the store did not lend itself to really getting a feel of what was available in terms of fabrics, prints, etc.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

The furniture is beautiful. Delivery personnel are professional and take pride in what they do. For instance, there was a dent in a table top that I did NOT even notice. I would have missed it completely and even after shown, I could barely see it. A new was delivered, replaced and I was able to keep the damaged one without charge. The furniture is delicate. Nicks/dents easily. Otherwise I love it. I love it even more because it is 100% American Made. A little expensive but so worth it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

It goes without saying that the quality of the furniture is almost unparalleled. Long lasting, passed down to the Next Generation kind of furniture. Customer service is fine, I did not feel super pressured into making a purchase. My only complaint is that the selection, I felt was limited. I also shopped at Circle Furniture and Boston Design Center and found a wider selection of styles.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I bought a few things from Wayfair. The newest being a table. I really like the quality. It's really nice and delivery is pretty quick and the best part it is affordable.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Very high quality furniture. Vast selection of choices for each particular item of furniture. The rugs are spectacular in both design and quality. The free interior design service really helps because she came out to our home. She made a computer design of our rooms. Since she sees the room layout and natural lighting, etc. she really was able to help with proper furniture sizes and arrangement. The lighting she recommended was perfect. A zero % deferred interest plan was very helpful too.

Ethan Allen Company Information