1.61/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ethan Allen

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ethan Allen Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

The service in this place is terrible. You have old grannies as their interior decorators with terrible taste. They don't ask the right questions to learn about your likes and dislikes, instead they just say, "Oh this is great, that is great." They provide you with images BUT the fabric is not even available!!! Their shipping policy sucks. They reward you if you buy less but if you buy more they penalize you with more fees. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE? Get with the times folks!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I was in the market for a new bed & had been perusing the Ethan Allen site for a few weeks. I had a random question (I don't remember what it was about) and decided to leverage the chat line. This outstanding designer - Jennifer ** answered my question and made several suggestions on what I could do with the new bed I purchased. As a result, I not only purchased a gorgeous bed, but 2 gorgeous nightstands & the dresser. My bedroom now looks like the oasis I've dreamt about thanks to Jennifer. She helped me moved beyond the 'sight unseen phobia', and out of my comfort zone! Delivery service was grade & thus far I am very pleased with my purchase & the service I received. I've already reached out to Jennifer for my second undertaking... She's the best!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I bought a sectional 3 years ago and we use it daily. No animals or small children. Just my husband and I. The couch has pilled and every one of the cushions even where we do not sit just thread off. They want me to pay 1300.00 to have new fabric sent to me. I will never purchase again. All I get is excuses and telling me there's nothing they can do.

Original review: April 27, 2019

We had difficulty finding a couch. Ethan Allen worked with us to find one that reclined correctly. When it turned out we didn’t need the battery pack, a refund was given quickly. We chose our own fabric and have a unique and comfortable couch. The salesperson visited our home to make sure the couch was just what we wanted - amazing service and quality! You get what you pay for at Ethan Allen!

Original review: April 14, 2019

I have purchased most of the furniture in our home from EA based on a History is quality a outstanding customer service - No More! The last piece had a defect in the corner of a cushion, and after handing to seal with seeing photos, a technician’s visit, having to place several calls to be told a cushion would be sent, having not received it, calling again to find out this had been escalated to higher management and consensus was that the defect was within EA’s standards for quality, I am done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethan Allen?

Original review: April 9, 2019

We had purchased furniture from Ethan Allen as we were a total loss in the Thomas CA Wildfires. The quality of the furniture is horrible and not what was sold and or advertised as "top quality, made in the USA, guaranteed service and quality". We had the choice to purchase our furniture, anywhere at any cost, and decided on Ethan Allen based upon the designer and their reputation. I can say this, furniture I had previous to the fire from Pottery Barn outperformed their furniture 10 to 1. Ongoing problems, mis-dyed fabrics, broken handles upon delivery, chipping varnish, slipcovers don't fit. Bad service, lag times for repairs, replacement. Our experience and the quality of furniture with Ethan Allen has been terrible. Damaged, bad constructed furniture and we spent $14,000.00.

Getting this resolved is a nightmare. Over 400 complaints from the Department of Consumer Affairs and BBB all with similar issues. Ethan Allen quality is not what it once was. It’s a shame. Especially after we lost everything in the fire and trying to make our new house a home again. We put our trust and confidence in your brand and have been let down. The core values from the CEO, FAROOQ KATHWARI, are far from the truth. We have only had the furniture for 4 months. No resolution.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I have been buying furniture from Ethan Allen for over 30 years. From the first piece I purchased to dozens of pieces I purchased over the years, I remain overjoyed at the quality and performance of their furniture! I receive compliments all the time on my home and how it is furnished and decorated. This is in large part to the quality and design of my Ethan Allen pieces.

Original review: March 1, 2019

We purchased a Ethan Allen bedroom set 10 years ago and it's impeccable condition. We have never had to call them about any problems with the quality of the furniture. We purchased some bar stools 3 years ago and started to have some issues with finish. Ethan Allen customer service is AWESOME. They had someone come pick them up and fix them. Love Ethan Allen for their furniture and customer service.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Bought my bed online on Black Friday. It took longer than I expected to arrive but it was worth the wait. Delivery men arrived promptly within time window and the bed set up took about 5 minutes because I have an adjustable bed so they just built around it. Love it! This is my second Danby. Fantastic value!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

From start to finish, working with Ethan Allen has been terrible. My Lynwood table finally arrived after 2 months and it arrived damaged. Getting this resolved is a nightmare. The store bounces me off to corporate and cares very little about our issues. The repair guy they contracted to come fix the table decided he didn't want to do the repairs so he left us hanging. He didn't show up for a scheduled appointment and didn't bother to call me and let me know he wasn't coming. Ethan Allen says they may consider giving me a discount but it would negate all warranties on the table (How fair is that? What a crumby offer.).

As of now, they are attempting to find another repair guy to come fix the table. You would think that Ethan Allen would have higher standards for such high priced merchandise (Lynwood table is over $4000). I expected so much more from Ethan Allen, this being my first (and last) purchase. Getting a damaged table SHOULD warrant an immediate replacement and from most other retailers it would, but not from Ethan Allen. If your item arrives damaged, too bad. So sad... You're going to get a repair job on what you thought would be a brand new, damage free item and you'll get a lot of rude people to deal with in the long, drawn out, nightmarish process. My advice, don't buy from Ethan Allen.

Ethan Allen Company Information