3.24/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ethan Allen

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Ethan Allen Reviews

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Upon looking for a dining room set; the layout of the store did not lend itself to really getting a feel of what was available in terms of fabrics, prints, etc.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

The furniture is beautiful. Delivery personnel are professional and take pride in what they do. For instance, there was a dent in a table top that I did NOT even notice. I would have missed it completely and even after shown, I could barely see it. A new was delivered, replaced and I was able to keep the damaged one without charge. The furniture is delicate. Nicks/dents easily. Otherwise I love it. I love it even more because it is 100% American Made. A little expensive but so worth it.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

It goes without saying that the quality of the furniture is almost unparalleled. Long lasting, passed down to the Next Generation kind of furniture. Customer service is fine, I did not feel super pressured into making a purchase. My only complaint is that the selection, I felt was limited. I also shopped at Circle Furniture and Boston Design Center and found a wider selection of styles.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I bought a few things from Wayfair. The newest being a table. I really like the quality. It's really nice and delivery is pretty quick and the best part it is affordable.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Very high quality furniture. Vast selection of choices for each particular item of furniture. The rugs are spectacular in both design and quality. The free interior design service really helps because she came out to our home. She made a computer design of our rooms. Since she sees the room layout and natural lighting, etc. she really was able to help with proper furniture sizes and arrangement. The lighting she recommended was perfect. A zero % deferred interest plan was very helpful too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethan Allen?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I recently ordered two decorative jars online. They were to be used together. One was not as advertised. I will be returning it. The other item, I'm stuck with because it was a clearance item. (Not custom BTW - a mass produced item like a lot of the things they sell.) I don't know why I ever ordered from this company - my bad! I had furnished some rooms with them in the past and always found their return policies draconian. They are still as bad. Their customer service is also terrible. I had to leave a message and when I received a call back from a rep, he was supercilious and really couldn't care less about helping. It was cut and dried - the answer to all my requests was No, No, and always No. In this day and age, with the options available to consumers it makes no sense to order from Ethan Allen. Even if you're tempted - don't do it. You'll be sorry.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Set up delivery and gave my credit card over the phone. The delivery man presented me with an ancient multi carbon copy credit card form- for modern people this was the one from the 1980’s. Where they slid the machine back and forth over the copies to make an imprint. This particular copy that he presented me (‘I have a photo and have since had to change my credit card, notify all business contacts that make automatic deductions). The form had my credit card complete number. The expiration date and the security code. Need I say more. The receptionist stated “I can’t listen to you”. The manager - **? I believe - states “I’ve never had a problem in 40 years”. How cavaliers and arrogant when it’s not his money and after I spent $10000 in his store and he hung up on me. Beware this dangerous policy and even worse their arrogance in refusing to accept any acknowledgement of wrong doing.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

2k dollar dining set chipping 3 mos of use. We've been Ethan Allen customers since the 90's. Most of the house is Ethan Allen and Danish antiques. We bought a table and chairs set in the late Spring of this year. Within a month of delivery, the finish on the table started bubbling and chipping up. The corner tops of the chairs started chipping as well. I contacted my salesman about this and he went ahead and set me up as a warranty claim. I had someone come out from Ethan Allen to take pictures. His first question was "did it get wet?" Well, tables are made to be wiped down, no? Imagine how many tables in restaurants get wiped down. There hasn't been a flood in my home but I do wipe down the table with wet dishcloth daily, sometimes 2x a day. Not unheard of?

Well, he filed the claim for me and weeks later I was told my claim was denied by the folks back East, my damages were due to "misuse." WOW, we are a family of 5, I didn't know use was misuse!? My salesman felt terrible (thanks John if you read this) and offered to have the table refinished in the store but it would change the finish and color. No thanks. I decided to spend the $ on a glass top for the table and hopefully have it for years without issue. How pathetic of a company. They do not stand behind their product. There is clearly an issue with the finish that was used (old, too thin and do I dare say the top is veneer!?) and then blamed this on the customer. This is how centuries-old companies go under. Meanwhile, I have 70-year-old furniture in my care that remains gorgeous with my misuse of care. Beware if you are buying wood from Ethan Allen. Beware period, there seems to be no warranty.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I have been a customer of Ethan Allen since 1990 and I have always loved their product quality. This piece is terrible. It is advertised as distressed and the piece is done well except for the draw front which looks hideous with the entire front smooth and clean except for 3 marks that look lite someone took a flat screwdriver and a hammer to it. VERY POOR judgment that does not match any of the rest of the unit. When I complained I was told it was within the quality standards. The fact that it looks ridiculous doesn’t matter.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Wow! We were sold a pile of BS by Ethan Allen Schaumburg! My wife and I ordered a custom headboard on March 17, 2019, with an estimated ship date of May 2, 2019 (which is reasonable). Today is August 13th and they are now just ready for delivery, but first, they want payment in full before they will even schedule the delivery or put it on the truck!!! You are 101 days PASSED expected ship date…There is ZERO trust that this headboard will be delivered on time or as expected. Ethan Allen has to be out of their minds if they think I am going to pay in full prior to the headboard being delivered and inspected. I even offered to pay as soon as the headboard was in place...but that was a no go.

Turns out that the CEO of Ethan Allen has removed all power from the store managers and the district managers, as they are not empowered to override this 'rule'; the CEO needs to approve this...Really? What kind of little man complex, micro-management structure is that? There's a reason why companies like Amazon, Apple, Starbucks, etc are SO successful. It's because they OBSESSED with the Customer Experience and Customer Satisfaction.

Ethan Allen Company Information