2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.72/5

Ethan Allen Reviews

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

2k dollar dining set chipping 3 mos of use. We've been Ethan Allen customers since the 90's. Most of the house is Ethan Allen and Danish antiques. We bought a table and chairs set in the late Spring of this year. Within a month of delivery, the finish on the table started bubbling and chipping up. The corner tops of the chairs started chipping as well. I contacted my salesman about this and he went ahead and set me up as a warranty claim. I had someone come out from Ethan Allen to take pictures. His first question was "did it get wet?" Well, tables are made to be wiped down, no? Imagine how many tables in restaurants get wiped down. There hasn't been a flood in my home but I do wipe down the table with wet dishcloth daily, sometimes 2x a day. Not unheard of?

Well, he filed the claim for me and weeks later I was told my claim was denied by the folks back East, my damages were due to "misuse." WOW, we are a family of 5, I didn't know use was misuse!? My salesman felt terrible (thanks John if you read this) and offered to have the table refinished in the store but it would change the finish and color. No thanks. I decided to spend the $ on a glass top for the table and hopefully have it for years without issue. How pathetic of a company. They do not stand behind their product. There is clearly an issue with the finish that was used (old, too thin and do I dare say the top is veneer!?) and then blamed this on the customer. This is how centuries-old companies go under. Meanwhile, I have 70-year-old furniture in my care that remains gorgeous with my misuse of care. Beware if you are buying wood from Ethan Allen. Beware period, there seems to be no warranty.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

We are writing this note from our experience with a specific Customer Service Rep from Ethan Allen Furniture Store in Montreal QC, CA. Ethan Allen Design Consultant Zania **, re; our experience with her was awesome. She was sooo patience with us and soo knowledgeable. We traveled to the Montreal QC. store twice and she traveled to our home (2 hrs from Montreal) as well to help us design and decide what would work best in our living room. We know we can be difficult but she was amazing in dealing with us and assisting us in making our final decision and purchase. Zania thank you again. You are the best and the number 1 reason why we chose Ethan Allen for our Furniture Purchase.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I have been a customer of Ethan Allen since 1990 and I have always loved their product quality. This piece is terrible. It is advertised as distressed and the piece is done well except for the draw front which looks hideous with the entire front smooth and clean except for 3 marks that look lite someone took a flat screwdriver and a hammer to it. VERY POOR judgment that does not match any of the rest of the unit. When I complained I was told it was within the quality standards. The fact that it looks ridiculous doesn’t matter.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Wow! We were sold a pile of BS by Ethan Allen Schaumburg! My wife and I ordered a custom headboard on March 17, 2019, with an estimated ship date of May 2, 2019 (which is reasonable). Today is August 13th and they are now just ready for delivery, but first, they want payment in full before they will even schedule the delivery or put it on the truck!!! You are 101 days PASSED expected ship date…There is ZERO trust that this headboard will be delivered on time or as expected. Ethan Allen has to be out of their minds if they think I am going to pay in full prior to the headboard being delivered and inspected. I even offered to pay as soon as the headboard was in place...but that was a no go.

Turns out that the CEO of Ethan Allen has removed all power from the store managers and the district managers, as they are not empowered to override this 'rule'; the CEO needs to approve this...Really? What kind of little man complex, micro-management structure is that? There's a reason why companies like Amazon, Apple, Starbucks, etc are SO successful. It's because they OBSESSED with the Customer Experience and Customer Satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I was at the Store in Richmond BC. I asked about a tiny 14" brass side table they wanted $800.00 for. I asked a salesperson if I ordered 2 of them would the be all scratched up and haphazardly made like the floor model. The weld marks had been buffed out with a wire wheel grinder and not polished. The bars between were unevenly spaced, and crooked. I am a welder so I can safely say it was very poor quality assembly. When I pointed this out to the salesperson they just walked away and ignored my questions. This is not only bad customer services but no standards in quality control.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethan Allen?

Original review: July 18, 2019

When we ordered a custom bed for our new home, it took three months to arrive and when it came it did not fit up our staircase. The company then charged us a $900 restocking fee to return the bed, or we could wait an additional three months for a new bed. The alternate bed was not what we wanted for the room and they refused to refund our money. We were also given the run around through the Ethan Allen corporate structure with no one willing to give us a straight answer. Their tactic was to delay and play phone tag with us until we were absolutely crazy. This is not the company that it once was and there are plenty of high end furniture stores out there. Skip this one!!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

The service in this place is terrible. You have old grannies as their interior decorators with terrible taste. They don't ask the right questions to learn about your likes and dislikes, instead they just say, "Oh this is great, that is great." They provide you with images BUT the fabric is not even available!!! Their shipping policy sucks. They reward you if you buy less but if you buy more they penalize you with more fees. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE? Get with the times folks!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I bought a sectional 3 years ago and we use it daily. No animals or small children. Just my husband and I. The couch has pilled and every one of the cushions even where we do not sit just thread off. They want me to pay 1300.00 to have new fabric sent to me. I will never purchase again. All I get is excuses and telling me there's nothing they can do.

Original review: April 27, 2019

We had difficulty finding a couch. Ethan Allen worked with us to find one that reclined correctly. When it turned out we didn’t need the battery pack, a refund was given quickly. We chose our own fabric and have a unique and comfortable couch. The salesperson visited our home to make sure the couch was just what we wanted - amazing service and quality! You get what you pay for at Ethan Allen!

Original review: April 14, 2019

I have purchased most of the furniture in our home from EA based on a History is quality a outstanding customer service - No More! The last piece had a defect in the corner of a cushion, and after handing to seal with seeing photos, a technician’s visit, having to place several calls to be told a cushion would be sent, having not received it, calling again to find out this had been escalated to higher management and consensus was that the defect was within EA’s standards for quality, I am done.

Ethan Allen Company Information