Call toll free
4.59/5
Based on 508 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It is a new day at DirectBuy, a leading membership based buying club for products for the home. DirectBuy is transitioning to a highly member-centric business approach, with significant investments in centralized member services, updated online shopping platforms, and a commitment to our pricing guarantee.

DirectBuy Gallery (4)
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

876 DirectBuy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We bought a chair from Bassett Furniture about 10 months ago and one of the main supports snapped on it. I have never had to deal with warranty through DirectBuy in the past so was concerned as to how it would be handled, they were great!! They were in constant contact with me via email to keep me updated as to how the warranty claim was progressing and had a new chair shipped to our local distribution center within approximately two weeks. I could not have been happier with the outcome of this claim. Thank you!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

This review is strictly concerning Customer Care Representative Audrey. Having been in the dark on our furniture order and having numerous delays on our appliance order, Audrey was the most helpful, eager, and supportive person we have been in contact with during our whole DirectBuy experience. She truly went above and beyond the call of duty and turned a dismal day into a great day... Kudos Audrey!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Jennifer ** was very helpful in helping us to choose our fireplace. If she wasn't able to answer a question she was willing to search it out. It was especially helpful to speak with her in person when making the decision about all of our choices.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I worked with concierge Carla ** and she found exactly what I was hoping to find. Super fast, and she hit it right on the nose. THANK YOU, I wasn't sure about renewing my membership but I will now for sure.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Amy was very kind and helpful in helping me come up with a solution for my inquiry. She took the time to answer all my questions. She was very professional and courteous. Thank you Amy for your service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DirectBuy?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We purchased furniture through DirectBuy which was made by Abbyson Furniture. Within the first year the leather started to peel. DirectBuy sent out a company to repair it. The repair did not work so I contacted DirectBuy again. Even though they were not obligated, DirectBuy refunded my entire purchase of the couch, loveseat and recliner!! I am very pleased with the outcome and I believe that they went above and beyond! I want to especially thank Patricia ** for all of her help!! THANK YOU PATRICIA AND DIRECTBUY!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Taylor ** was so helpful to resolve an issue I had with membership dues at this time because of my husband's serious illness. She took the time to listen to me and was quick to accommodate my needs. It is people like Taylor ** who make DirectBuy the fabulous place to go for purchasing everything for the home.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Upon signing up for a DirectBuy membership, I was assured by Rachel that there is no hassle to cancel the membership. After calling a year later to cancel, there was no documentation of my request or phone call. They continued to charge me monthly for 6 months. After calling Steve, Victoria, and Jeremy, my membership is still not canceled and is currently be investigated. I would strongly encourage anyone who is interested in discounted goods to NOT join DirectBuy. Dealing face to face with a contractor or brick and mortar businesses is much more beneficial and productive. Do NOT waste your money with this membership. It is a waste and it will take too much of your personal time and cause headache after headache to cancel.

DirectBuy response

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your DirectBuy membership. We appreciate all the feedback we receive from members and use it to improve our systems and processes. I apologize that your experience with DirectBuy wasn't a positive one. I spoke with you Monday regarding this issue and hope that the resolution that was reached was to your satisfaction. If you have any additional questions or concerns you would like to share in the interim, I can contact your directly to discuss.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Hi. I am writing a note to share the excellent service I received from Barbara ** the other day. I wanted to learn how to submit an in-floor heating quotation from WarmlyYours, and Barbara answered all my concerns and was fantastic to deal with. Thank you Barbara.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I made an inquiry recently regarding walk-in bathtubs. I could not initially find one on your website. Marcia ** researched it and came back with a response, indicating that I would receive a quote shortly. I did receive it from Kohler Canada. Marcia handled the request efficiently and I liked her online personality. She seemed eager to provide a positive experience, and she did. I am in preliminary stages of researching bathroom options so I am not ready to place an order. But my experience with DirectBuy was positive.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Angela has been a huge help, and has been very quick to respond. Just as important as anything else, she has been very patient with me. We are in the middle of a $100k remodel project, and there have been delays waiting for the contractor and the bank to get all the figures, but she has hung in there with me.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I called DirectBuy's concierge department for an update on my order and they were extremely helpful! They put me on hold and called the vendor and got me my delivery information within 5 minutes. The team is always very helpful and courteous!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Danielle was a pleasure to work with. She was courteous and attentive and made sure to get everything I wanted correct. She was very easy to work with and I would be more than happy to working with her again. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

WOW. She was super, changed my experience of bill paying from having a tooth pulled to something wonderful... No one wants to have a tooth pulled. Her helpfulness was way beyond any past experiences anywhere. She kept me talking which led to me asking her questions about protocol here in Winnipeg as we no longer have a store front to go to ask questions which I am disappointed in. And then she called me back with more info she felt would be helpful to me. Her warmth and caring as a person comes through the phone and makes her someone you want to call to talk to as you feel she is sincere about helping you. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I had a most amazing experience with Jennifer, in Concierge Services. She was prompt with responses, and even prompted me with questions that I had not thought of in reference to my order. She showed incredible patience, as I know I kept changing my mind through the process. I really appreciate her follow through and kindness.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I spoke with Abi about trying to place my order. I had placed the Napa Bookcase Wall Unit in my wishlist and today was the day I was going to order it. When I went to my wishlist it said it was discontinued. Abi looked into it for me and found out I had to enter all three parts of this wall unit separately but I could order it. Thank you for a job well done Abi. I'm looking forward to getting this unit to complete my office. You were so helpful.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I did not talk need to talk with Peggy. She had gotten back to me answering questions I had had. I was pleased that even though I was given a timeline of up to 48 hours, each time she responded to me by early the following morning. I appreciated her promptness and accuracy.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I've been a member of DirectBuy since 2004. Back then, I just moved into a new house and I was doing a lot of remodeling. I bought appliances, TVs, furniture, blinds, and just about everything. I liked the old way of going to the store and going through the catalogs. The catalog used to give all the specs. I couldn't find the specs online until I found out I have to scroll down the bottom of the pages. I had trouble online at first. I went into the store again and I was instructed on how to find the stuff I wanted online. So, now, I'm happy with it. Also, the products I’ve purchased have an excellent quality and the cost is very good. I've been happy with them since I've joined. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

First, I was not able to get online. Freddy helped me with this. Also I was interested in purchasing 2 mattresses for two bedrooms. Freddy helped me to research this and directed future phone conversations about actual purchases with someone from DB who should call me in 24-48 hours. I was satisfied with the direction Freddy gave.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Very happy with my concierge experience. I had many questions and made numerous calls which Barbara managed very efficiently, and patiently. Overall have had great concierge experience with all my recent orders (4). All your agents are most helpful.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

We have recently purchased and received 4 appliances through DirectBuy. When our local store closed we were concerned that we no longer had a convenient location to go to look through samples. Our recent dealings with Direct Buy through email and phone have pleasantly surprised us. Our inquiries were dealt with in a very timely manner and the many people we have dealt with including Melissa, Barbara, Pamela and Cheryl have delivered top notch customer service. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I’ve been with DirectBuy for at least seven years. Everybody was very helpful and nice when I signed up and it was a good experience. However, I have so much trouble navigating the stupid website and I don’t think I was ever able to get on it. It isn’t user-friendly and whoever made it is a moron. Anybody over 50 has great trouble with these websites, and theirs needs to be for us seniors. Other than that, you can save money by joining DirectBuy.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I've been a member for 10 years now and I've been happy with DirectBuy. I'm dealing with them because their pricing is more competitive. I've bought a number of items from them, normally, products that I've vetted elsewhere or I'm already aware of, such as mattresses and most recently, a pair of headboards for a bed and it has been seamless. They've modified their customer service over the years to the point where they have like a concierge service. You just e-mail them, tell them what you're looking for and you get a timely response from them. They let you know whether the item is in stock and if so, how long it will take to take delivery. You can also surf their website to look at the different things to see what you want and then email them. If you have any intention of making home improvements, it would be an excellent investment. You would get your annual membership fee out of it quickly, depending on how much you have planned to buy.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Faye was a tremendous help in assisting me. She went above and beyond expectations. The REASON for my call is as follows: I will say the issue she assisted me on could have been avoided if the 'cart' would have operated properly. The 'cart' had two items already in it plus the slot to "renew" my membership. During checkout it simply asks, Do you want to pay for entire cart or renewal membership only. I click the box that said renewal only and proceeded. Once I hit approved it paid for everything that was in the "cart" and not just the renewal. I believe that is very misleading and should be corrected. If click "renewal" only then that's all that should be paid. This issue should be corrected because some patrons may not notice the payments.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I worked with Tanya at the Ottawa location to select a number of items. She helped by pointing out options I was unaware of and by placing all my orders. Her understanding of my style was valuable as she suggested brands I had not thought of.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Not a timely response to inquiry, PO initiated without me requesting and has wrong model number, description and prices. As previously mentioned a number of times emails sent to my wife and not myself yet inquiry was made by myself and my email given.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Lorene helped me order new appliances for our new house. She also helped me with updates to my account and look into the available rebates for KitchenAid. She had a great personality and was eager to assist me. She went over some of the new features of the website so I could find items on my own. I have stopped shopping at many places because they use foreigners who have poor English or read a script. Lorene listened and put input into the conversation. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have been with DirectBuy for six years. I could get products at reduced prices and my purchasing experience got better since they went through online service. Their website is fairly easy to navigate if you’re computer-literate. It's self-explanatory once you go in. The appliances that I've ordered from them have been very good but I did not like the sofa. It was cheaply-made, which means, you really get what you paid for. With the furniture purchases, you can never really tell what you’re getting if you don’t sit on it.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We were doing some renovations and we were able to get good savings with DirectBuy. We bought some cabinets and flooring and our purchasing experience was straightforward. We looked at the samples that they had. And as for the cabinets, there was a competent adviser there who helped us with planning the layout. So far, we’ve gotten value for the membership money we spent. We've been a DirectBuy member for 10 years now and I have recommended them to people. If you're buying regular day-to-day stuff, you might not do savings at DirectBuy. But if you’re doing a major project or if you do a lot of purchases of higher-end items, it’s certainly worth investigating.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Faye was so very helpful in helping me. I had some easy questions I was embarrassed to call on but I have had a concussion and on some things I don't quite understand or I cannot process some things as easily as I have in the past. She made me feel comfortable in asking my dumb questions and made sure I understood the product measurements correctly.

DirectBuy Company Information

www.directbuy.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use