4.56/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

DirectBuy

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It is a new day at DirectBuy, a leading membership based buying club for products for the home. DirectBuy is transitioning to a highly member-centric business approach, with significant investments in centralized member services, updated online shopping platforms, and a commitment to our pricing guarantee.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

587 DirectBuy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Fay was extremely helpful. I have often gotten frustrated with the website to the point where I end up going elsewhere to make my purchase. It has happened now often enough that we have been questioning if we should just call this whole experience a loss and stop our membership; however, today's experience has convinced me to continue for the time being. I don't tend to like to call a customer service for anything (it's a pain), but concierge was a completely different experience. Fay was friendly, and extremely helpful; she got to me quickly (I wasn't on hold for what felt like forever) and she answered all my questions - she was very knowledgeable and patient with me.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Amanda ** did an amazing job throughout our multiple orders we placed through her for our new home. She was patient, professional and very helpful and responsive while researching, processing and tracking the orders.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Kyle was awesome helping me today & last night. He is thorough, knowledgeable, patient and just a delight to work with. Your methods for ordering are difficult since you closed your locations. Kyle made the process so easy. Best service ever in all my dealings with phone service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

In this day and age companies just hear the bad. I wanted to take the time to commend Quiana on her fantastic customer service. I had quite a few requests, it wasn't your typical easy call by any means. This woman thought of everything and told me exactly what she was doing and why. She left no stone unturned. I didn't get put in a vicious circle, which sometimes happens. She is professional, courteous, patient, a wonderful multi-tasker, and her work ethics are second to none. Bravo zulu!! (An old navy term).

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It was great again to purchase from DirectBuy. This company has showed me over and over that they are the real thing. I had a problem ordering online and spoke to a very nice women who went and beyond to help me out. People like this are the best. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DirectBuy?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Great service from Jennifer when we needed help finding out where our cabinet hardware order was and why changes were made. She figured it out and offered to expedite delivery. She stayed on it through completion. We had a successful outcome. Thank you DirectBuy as we learn the new way to navigate ordering.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I recently started a renovation project for an investment property. As you know kitchen & bathrooms are vital for selling your home, but for this home the focus on the kitchen carries substantially more weight because as soon as you step into the house your eyes will see the kitchen. You have 1 chance to capture the potential buyer. For me I knew I couldn't cut any corners with the cabinets. I renewed my membership & immediately contacted Denise to start working on the kitchen design. Unfortunately I was met with some disappointing news which was that Kraftmaid was no longer a vendor. Needless to say, I was shocked, upset, & disappointed.

Working with Denise, She informed me of Ultracraft & recommended that I choose their cabinets. I've previously never heard of Ultracraft, so I was skeptical about their name recognition & quality. My choice was either to pay full retail price for kraftmaid via Home Depot or purchase a brand of cabinets I've never heard of. After many extensive conversations with Denise, she convinced me that the quality was comparable to Kraftmaid. I trusted her, because I've used her services in the past & she has proven to me that her knowledge in the field is excellent.

I just received my order & I'm very pleased & happy with the cabinets. Denise was correct. The quality is comparable to Kraftmaid, & even though for me their name recognition isn't as strong as Kraftmaid, it's made up by the frameless design of the cabinets which gives it a more modern look which is exactly what I was seeking for the design of the cabinets. I normally don't write reviews, but in this case I'm more than happy to allocate some time for this. I'm a very meticulous consumer, & only accept the best from whomever I do business with. Rest assured, that with Denise as your cabinet constant you will not be disappointed. She has the knowledge, expertise & most importantly the ability to listen to your needs to help you make the right decisions for your project!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Audrey provided one of the best support calls that I have experienced in many years: knowledgeable, patient, courteous and going the above and beyond. An example to be known and modeled after. Give her a raise!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

]I contacted DirectBuy's Customer Service by the Live Chat Feature on your website to obtain more information regarding DirectBuy's Ordering Procedure because I need to make sure that the Barcalounger Presidential Recliner that I planned to order could be delivered to my home and set up in my Master Bedroom, since I am recovering from a fall and suffered a broken clavicle which makes it currently impossible for me to sleep in my bed. Therefore, I am also unable to drive at this time, so I cannot pick up my ordered furniture in the Austin warehouse when it arrives. The Direct Buy Customer Service Representative did an excellent job of informing me as how to achieve my goal. So, I quickly ordered the Barcalounger Presidential Recliner and am now eagerly awaiting its arrival in a few weeks.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

This was the first time I used the price quote feature for DirectBuy. Joni was efficient and covered all aspects of my experience. If this is the way all price quotes are handled, I will have no problems in the future with my DirectBuy shopping.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I did a live chat with an agent to inquire about some items I wanted to purchase. She was very helpful and very polite. When she couldn't find the answer she submitted a ticket so that research could be done to help me.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I was told by the DirectBuy representative that they do not carry tires but she directed me to a company that carry the item. She didn't have to do that but she took her time to help me. Great job. Thanks again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I recently requested assistance with recovery of my Username and Password. LaTosha ** was very helpful in getting this request processed and followed up with me to make sure that all of my questions and concerns had been resolved. LaTosha did an excellent job of getting me reconnected with DirectBuy, and I greatly appreciate her time and effort.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

We met with Sunita last week to go over our kitchen layout and made decisions regarding style, colour and wood species. She gave us all the answers we needed and made suggestions to solve a few minor issues. We left the meeting feeling confident that she had provided us with the information needed to place our cabinet order. Sunita has a friendly and professional manner, and it was a pleasure to work with her.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The lady that helped me yesterday afternoon was a life saver! After trying many times to fill out the questionnaire, I called and this very patient and professional lady helped me and made me feel much more calm. God Bless her!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

This morning I have encountered the best customer service ever! Linda was pleasant, helpful, and thorough! I left the conversation feeling like a valued customer, with service well above and beyond. A follow-up commitment was made that I have no doubt will be honored. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Contacted customer service regarding renewal certificates issued by a local franchise which is no longer in business. The concierge shopping agent was very helpful and provided us with clear directions as to how to pursue this issue. They followed-up promptly once we submitted the documentation and referred our situation to the Renewal Department for disposition.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Brianne helped locate all 3 items that I was interested in from Fanimation; I couldn't locate the downrods or light kit using the DirectBuy website. I got the model numbers needed from the Fan. website.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Melinda has been an excellent agent for DirectBuy through the past several months of selecting and buying tile for my bathroom remodel. There were several ticket numbers and several orders to complete the job. She was efficient, and mostly thoughtful as she helped me find and source the tile and then when it came to ordering she was able to make it all happen seamlessly. I know I shouldn't, but I consider her to be my own personal concierge with DB. She is a true asset to the company. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I have been a DB member since 2008. I ordered Honeycomb cordless blinds from Shade-o-Matic (SOM) for our bedrooms. The whole ordering process with Irena at the Toronto North location was exceptional! She took the time to explain everything and provided great suggestions on colour and style. However, we had an issue with the handles on the blinds. Irena went "above and beyond her duties," escalated the issue with management and eventually resolved the matter. She always kept me in the loop and made sure I was happy with the outcome, that showed she really cared about my satisfaction as a DB member. It's always a pleasure dealing with Irena because she's great at her job and her priority is member satisfaction. Irena is the best!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I spoke with Member Care Specialist Janet. She searched and could not find any partners for supplying Grand Pianos. I last saw an advertisement at the Direct Buy Showroom in Davie, FL. It appears that you no longer have that connection which it is a pity. In the event that you re-establish a connection please let me know as the prices were good. I next inquired about Pool Tiles to refurbish my in-ground Pool, Jacuzzi and Pool Deck. Janet promised to send me the list of Suppliers in FL nearest to my Shippers at Zip Code 33166 as well as update my member data by adding my local cell number. She was courteous, polite, and very helpful. By the time I hung up the phone the information was promptly supplied to my mailbox. Kind regards.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Terah ** was very friendly and helpful with my queries and found answers for me quickly. My experience with DB concierge in the past has always been excellent!! I am finding this feature extremely helpful in my research for building my new house.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I ordered a dining table from Bassett mirror company **. Glass top was defected. I requested for a replacement. Melissa help me a lot. It's all her efforts that I got a new glass top. I appreciate her for helping me. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Kyle was very clear, concise and knew that there was a method for me to check out without renewing my account at this time. I had not scrolled down far enough to choose the additional options of placing the order without renewing at this time. He was able to guide me through it in a very efficient time. Thanks for your assistance Kyle.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My experience in dealing with Barbara in the Canadian concierge office makes my shopping experience enjoyable. I find this lady to be extremely helpful and willing to go the extra mile to make sure my needs and desires are met. Not only is she very helpful, but she is very pleasant to deal with. She is definitely an asset to DirectBuy if she treats all your customers like she treats me.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Barbara ** provided me within a couple hours of my request a followup with a quote, details to products not available with alternate options. Provided me instructions and details on delivery and next steps moving forward with the option to reach out with any additional concerns or questions. Outstanding customer service.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Over many years I have had the pleasure of having Barbara ** fill orders for me at DirectBuy North. Each time I find her very knowledgeable and always willing to answer questions regarding products. She's quick and accurate, as well. I love finding her answering the phone.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Had my eye set on a certain set of Klipsch speakers for the last year and a 1/2. Decided to purchase and they were not on the website anymore. Totally disappointed but my representative is looking into it and see what they could do to be able to get that set of speakers for me. She worked really hard for me!! Was happy with her positive feedback and help! Thank you very much.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I'd like to thank Quiana again for her help with the issue I submitted this morning regarding our Electrolux wine cooler. Quiana was very professional and articulate in ensuring the details I reported were accurately recorded and the next steps with the merchandise specialist were communicate to me.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Called in to place an order as the item I wanted was not online and there was a merchandising credit I had that I wanted applied to my purchase. Russ ** was so friendly and helpful. He assisted me with my purchase and also made some recommendations for me in another purchase I am looking to make. Truly a pleasant experience and hands down the best customer service I have had in ages. I hope I get Russ every time I call in.

DirectBuy Company Information