Call toll free
4.35/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It is a new day at DirectBuy, a leading membership based buying club for products for the home. DirectBuy is transitioning to a highly member-centric business approach, with significant investments in centralized member services, updated online shopping platforms, and a commitment to our pricing guarantee.

DirectBuy Gallery (4)
View More View More

1509 DirectBuy Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

We've purchased a lot of furniture through our DirectBuy membership. Navigating their website has been okay for the most part, and our purchasing experience has been very good. We've been very satisfied with the great quality and cost of the products. Over time, we've saved a lot of money using DirectBuy. I would highly recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I joined DirectBuy so many years ago for the buying experience, hoping I would be getting deals. So far, the products that I've received have been of good quality. I miss having the stores though. I like being able to go and look at the catalogs.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I have been a member of DirectBuy since 2002 and I have purchased many items from DirectBuy over the years but the last few years I prefer to deal only with Tanya **. She is so knowledgeable and always so pleasant to deal with. It makes shopping at DirectBuy an enjoyable experience. I know I could order online but I know that when I order through Tanya that my orders are correct.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

We liked the idea of the better pricing and cutting out the middleman with DirectBuy. So far, I've bought furniture, lamps, a fan, an overhead lighting, appliances and tile. Because I don't usually buy things that I haven’t researched, the quality of the products I've purchased is good. I like being able to look at DirectBuy online and do research on the products that I’m looking at. I also like to touch, see and handle things before I buy them. So the negative is that they closed the local place so I can’t go see things firsthand. But I’ll just go look around for things and see it in the stores.

I’ve gotten the hang of the website but it’s not the most user-friendly. Also, if I'm looking at Hooker Furniture, there's a picture that may be on the website and if I go to the catalog, I get a much better-quality picture. But not everything in the catalog may even be available. Sometimes, in some brands, things are limited. For example, we needed a Tempur-Pedic mattress and there were just a few on closeout and that was it.

We also needed cabinets and tile when we were doing a remodel in a condo in Florida but those were kinda limited. I didn't have anywhere to be able to see those products. So I ended up having custom cabinets built, which I’m sure I paid more for. I also ended up getting tile at a local tile place because I couldn't look at it online and figure out what I wanted. That made it a little more difficult. But I’m sure there’s a better way. If I had set up an account, I would’ve had a person to help me.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I had many questions about Richmond Flooring. Service rep was excellent and provided me with all the info I required. Really appreciated her help getting me a sample and flooring specs which were not easy to access.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DirectBuy?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I was remodeling my kitchen and it was gonna take a tremendous amount because we gutted it. I got a DirectBuy membership thinking it would be a good investment, and it has. Finding the products that I'm looking for has been easy, and when I need to call, I’ve been taken care of quickly and efficiently. Plus the products that I've gotten have always been top quality.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We’ve been DirectBuy members for about 20 years, and most of the time, our experience has been okay. Sometimes you save a lot, and sometimes you don't. But most of the stuff we've received has been good quality and at a reasonable cost. There could be more selections though, like dining room sets. There wasn’t a huge choice. There were tables but no buffets to match them the same way.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We’ve been members of DirectBuy for several years. We’ve purchased several things through it. ‘Cause it’s been cheaper to buy things there, and they've got good products, and we’ve enjoyed the service. We recently just bought a sofa. And we have bought several other furniture pieces and bought a rug too. I’ve been very happy with everything we’ve gotten. We’d recommend them wholeheartedly.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

We’ve been members of DirectBuy since 2001. We replaced the windows in the first house we bought. We also bought appliances early on. We signed up in Edmonton and the purchasing exp was really good and easy, but we live in Regina now. It has been a bit of a challenge with getting what we want here even with the delivery options. The closest they can go to is Saskatoon, which holds us back from buying something a lot of times. We don’t wanna pay for extra shipping or travel. Saskatoon’s not terribly far, but if it’s something bigger, we can’t just go get it.

When we moved to Regina, we redid all the blinds in the house and had to arrange for a local courier to go to Saskatoon and get the blinds to us. The quality of the products has been good, whatever the brand. We could buy the same brands locally, but we got good value for what we paid for compared to what I would have paid if I have to buy the items at a local store. We renovated both our bathrooms, and we purchased the cabinet through them. Luckily, I was able to pay extra and get them shipped to my home. That option was way better, which made things easier. If we bought the cabinet locally, it would've been a lot more expensive.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I like the idea of buying quality products for less the price. But the annual renewal fee is a bit expensive and I haven’t used DirectBuy as much as I probably should. On the other hand, it is easy to find what I need and purchase from there. Prior to my last purchase a couple of years ago, DirectBuy had an office in Birmingham but they've closed that. I used to be able to go up there and check stuff out. Now, it’s just online. But in terms of what I’ve purchased, I’m very satisfied with the quality.

DirectBuy Company Information