It's that easy Request Information
3.96/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With the functionality of two pieces of furniture in one, CouchBed is a cool-gel memory foam mattress that flips into a modern couch in seconds. CouchBed is the ideal solution for playrooms, guest areas, man cave, or your every night mattress.

Made with 10", 100% CertiPur memory foam, the CouchBed is also infused with coo-gel so it won't get hot like traditional memory foam. CouchBed comes in five colors (charcoal, blue, black, red and limestone), two sizes (queen and twin), and starts at $349.99.

We offer free shipping directly to your door via FedEx in an easy-to-handle box. All CouchBed's include a 10-year warranty

View More View More

132 CouchBed Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We have toddlers, and they are very prone to falling off. CouchBed is this very easy furniture to use that can convert between a bed and a couch in our living room. We like co-sleeping, so they can sleep on it, and then we can turn it into a couch and use it without a frame, and then they can climb all over it, and not be worried about them falling off of it. We bought a second one after we bought our first one because that worked. The kids just love them. They love climbing on them and sleeping on them'

The first one that we purchased was gray and it was a queen size. And then the second one was blue and it was a queen size as well. It was easy to order and the website had a range of colors and sizes. There were a couple that weren’t available that maybe we would've preferred. But now that we have the ones that we have, we really like the color. They had really good descriptions of the sizes. The second bed has a different sort of consistency than the first one. It was a little bit softer.

We thought there might’ve been a problem with it. We weren’t sure. But now we kind of like that. I actually use the softer one, and my husband uses more of the firmer one. But I’m not sure why there was a difference in firmness. It’s the same one. It was just a different color. But we like it now. The only potential issue I could see is if you were trying to return it. So, based on what customer service had told us -- if you wanted to return it, you would have to ship it yourself, if you’re trying to possibly repackage it. And I’m sure the shipping cost would be pretty high. So it might be a little bit difficult if you want to return it.

We looked up on YouTube and saw videos that people had posted about their CouchBed and how they really like them. We also read the testimonials on the CouchBed website, and everyone was just raving about them and how they bought multiple ones. It was very easy to receive. That was another issue that we had is that we have twin toddlers and it’s very hard for us to actually go buy furniture. We like the fact that we can order it online, and it shows up to our house.

We also live in a high-rise. To try and to get furniture up there is very difficult. But the CouchBed comes in this very compact and fairly lightweight packaging, so it’s not hard to move. We easily got it into our condo. We didn’t have to try and get this crazy huge mattress up the elevator. It was very convenient. All you have to do is basically take all the packaging off, and it unrolls itself, and kind of self-inflates. It’s very easy, and then it just takes maybe an hour for it to fully recompress and become bouncy. It was a very quick process and very easy to do.

The CouchBed is also very easy to convert from bed to couch. As long as you have it positioned the right way so that the correct end is against the wall, you just flip it up and flip it back. The kids can practically do it. I would definitely recommend one. But put some padding on top of it because there is like a crack between the section that folds up. But if you just put a very light foam-padded mattress on top, which is what we do, then you don’t feel that indentation at all.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I am a college student living in a 4 bedroom house, so naturally my room is rather small. I bought the CouchBed so that I could have some more space in my room when I want it. The gap in the mattress is noticeable first of all, a lot of reviews say else wise and that's nonsense. Also, I feel that the mattress could be softer but it strikes a necessary balance in order to be soft but also function as a couch and keep its form. My only reason for discontent with the softness is the price. I paid 450 for my couch bed after finding a 10% discount code on a reviewer's website, which is enough to buy two nice memory foam mattresses that don't fold into couches and would probably be softer.

All in all, now that I've had the couchbed for a few months, I'll say I'm satisfied on the whole, but just know that the price is severely inflated over other similar softness mattresses for the couch gimmick. I went and bought a down mattress topper to make the surface less abruptly firm, after which I could not feel the gap anymore. I plan to buy a couple inches of memory foam padding to put in between the bed and down mattress topper. Unfortunately, the added layers required to make the mattress softer work in direct opposition to actually be able to easily fold up into couch mode without disassembly of your padding. So, this bed is its own worst enemy in its dual functionality, with neither mode being great on its own.

If you came here because you were shopping for a real bed and liked the couch thing, I would advise you to just go buy a real bed for half the price that will have superior quality. If you are shopping for a space management solution for a small living space, then you may consider this mattress. Probably a good guest bed, makes for an ugly couch in your guest room if you can't commit to the couchbed's minimal aesthetic.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

CouchBed had positive reviews that were published on the website. It appeared from the descriptive information about the construction that it was gonna be a quality piece. It also appeared to fit our needs and to fit the space we had. I telephoned the toll-free number and spoke with someone who I believe was one of the owners. I had a couple of questions and he answered those for me. He took the order and then sent me email acknowledgment.

I got a queen size that is color blue, and I purchased the old-style platform with it. They told me that initially there was gonna be a fairly quick ship day for both the CouchBed and the platform. That turned out not to be the case. They ran into supply problems and the bed took about four weeks to arrive. The platform took several weeks longer in which the box had several tears when it arrived. There was also one area where one of the legs was damaged. I would suggest using a sturdier cardboard or an extra corrugated material for it.

We use the CoucBed as a guest room unit and so far the person who stayed a few days on it was very satisfied with the comfort. It had a very good price for the quality we received. However, the platform is not great. When pulling it apart, it is a pain in the neck to get it back together unless the floor in which it sits is absolutely completely level. I realized that I got the first generation platform. I understand that CouchBed is a start-up and hopefully, they’re getting the logistics issues under control, they’ve got their supply chains strengthened now and I would hope that the new generation platform is better quality. Overall, I would recommend CouchBed. I told a couple of people who asked me about it and sent them to the website to take a look at it.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

A CouchBed fits the space that I need it in and it was low to the ground and it looked comfortable to sit on, as well as lay on. Also, the convenience of being able to flip it from one position to the other was pretty cool. Ordering one was a smooth process but I had to wait to get it into stock again. It took a while but it was delivered in the expected timeframe. My wife unboxed it and she said it was fairly easy. Then, it expanded almost immediately. My wife and I were talking over the phone and I told her it wouldn't be at its full capacity until about 10 to 24 hours from then. But she said it was pretty much still the same when she looked at it about 24 hours later.

The cost was a little high, even though it's a queen size bed, and the fabric itself seems to punch up and ripple. The CouchBed itself is underneath the fabric and the memory foam goes back to exactly the way it was, but the fabric seems to stretch out a little bit. It's not tight. For $450, that's something that they could've thought out a little bit more. And it's not meant for everybody. Even with the raised platform, which is expensive too. It was a $100 less than when I got the queen size for. So, it was almost a $1000 buy for something that isn't really meant to be sat on all the time. Other than that, it's really comfortable to lay on. My wife doesn't seem to like it in the sitting position because it's very low to the ground. But it's for my cave so it's no biggie. I needed it for my small space and it works perfect for that. I like it and it seems to be pretty durable. I don't foresee it ripping or anything in that nature.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I moved to Louisiana and I didn’t have time to bring my bed so I just got a CouchBed to put in my room in the meantime until I’m completely moved in. I went to CouchBed's website, looked at all the good reviews and ordered from there. I got a dark gray, queen sized CouchBed. It took about four to five days for the bed to get here. It had good packaging and it was easy to set up. I just opened it up and it inflated. I used it that night but it pretty much inflated fully within the first 24 hours.

Also, I like the firmness of it but because it’s not on a boxspring, I sleep a little harder on it because I’m heavier. So if I was lighter and didn’t have so much weight on my ribs and flipping around, then it would be better. Additionally, if it was just ten inches up, I’d be much better swinging my legs off than trying to crawl up and stand. As soon as I lose about 80 pounds, I’m sure we’ll have no problems squirming off of it. Still, it’s very comfortable and everybody who has laid on it has said the same thing. I also flip the bed back and forth all the time. It’s awesome and it looks good as a couch.

Though the cost is a little high, it has got a 10-year warranty which the other cheaper beds don’t. I saw some cheaper ones but I wasn’t gonna risk it because I really appreciate the warranty and everybody who has interacted with CouchBed's customer service was completely satisfied. CouchBed said they back their products 100% which most people don’t so it was worth it. I wish I had gotten a platform but as soon as I pay this off, I’m gonna get one.

I've been telling people about CouchBed. I've got it all over my Facebook account. In fact, one of my ex-coworkers asked me to send a picture. When I did, she said it was fabulous so I sent her the whole website. Also, I told my son that I like the bed so much that I’m really thinking of leaving my bed behind and just get two of these. That way, I’ve got a sitting area that flips into a sleeping area.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CouchBed?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 5, 2019

Company lacks integrity. Abysmal customer service. I ordered a CouchBed on Apr 17th, was informed that it would be shipped in June. I followed up mid June, when I had no further communication from CouchBed. Was told that they would send shipping updates end of June. It's early July, and nothing. Customer service is unresponsive, and has not sent any emails informing of further delays. I tried to leave a 1-star review on their website, but it was not published. Only 5 star reviews are available on the website. Stay away from this company. They lack integrity, and customer service is grossly incompetent. At this point of time, I'm uncertain if they are a scam, especially given they're not publishing reviews. Save your money.

Dana

I'm sorry about the experience you had with our customer service, we had some delays with our manufacturing but we will e shipping backorders on July 15th. As far as your 1 star review, I just checked and it is in fact live on our website. There is a delay form the time of posting to the time it is published so perhaps you were expecting to see it publish immediately. In any case, your Couched will be shipping next week and we hope you enjoy it.

Original review: April 27, 2019

My experience with CouchBed has been fine so far. I bought my gray twin-size CouchBed online and it was an easy checkout process. It's comfortable and the CouchBed itself is fine. However, the stands that you buy separately, the wooden platform, were a bit expensive.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I got a twin-sized black CouchBed and it’s great. It’s very comfortable. It has good quality and it’s reasonably priced too.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I got a gray twin bed from them and I love it. It was delivered in great condition and the bed is comfy. I like CouchBed, but they could make a more well-designed frame for the bed. The frame that I was looking at didn't seem like it was very functional. It seemed like it was gonna have corners just hanging off the end there.

Original review: April 10, 2019

CouchBed is doing a great job. They have a good idea and the bed really sells itself. It seems to be a better construction of a futon. The exact model I wanted was in stock and the price wasn’t bad. Buying it wasn’t a hard decision to make. The ordering process was really quick. I got the charcoal twin size with the bed frame, which was the best fit for the room I put it in. Its quality is great, but I wish it was a little softer. It is really hard. But since it’s not an everyday bed, I’m not that mad about it. The frame is also great. I had it set up in two minutes.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Perfect size for me to get up from and I'm 5'1. Taller people had a harder time but I'm okay with that. It's very modern and comfortable. I got the dark grey one and the shipping was fast. They don't ship to DC for some reason so I had to send it to my parents in MD.

Original review: April 5, 2019

We ordered our first one on Oct. 14, 2018. Credit card was charged and we finally received it the end of Dec. 2018. We wanted to check it out prior to buying another one to see how it would look for our houseboat. Planning to use it as a couch during the day and bed at night. We ordered our 2nd one on Jan. 13, 2019. Credit card was also charged and we have asked for updates and still haven't heard or seen anything. The first one we where lead to believe it was because of the holidays. What is the reason for this one taking so long? Have never dealt with any other company on anything that takes our money without an item showing up in 2 weeks. We had thought we might order 2 more making a total of 4 once we see how the 2 look on the boat???

Hi Cheryl

The Charcoal Queen CouchBeds were listed on backorder at the time of your purchase but they have taken longer than we expected to get back in stock. We have refunded $50 back to you to say sorry for the delay.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I got blue twin beds from CouchBed, and I have it for more than a month now. I purchased it online and the process was easy. They are a little expensive, but it seems like it is good quality.

Original review: April 1, 2019

The apartment I'm at is a corporate one so I don't wanna put too much fixed furniture. CouchBed is a good bed and I got their blue one. My friends purchased it, but I’m sleeping on it so I can get some much needed sleep stuff back. But I have hardness issues and I would have selected bigger ones and little bit softer mattress. I've had it for two months and I'm enjoying it well. If I need to change my lounge into a bed, I just fold them in quickly. And if I wanna use the couches, they're couches. But when I turn it over and it becomes a couch, the part where it folds stretches too far out then it will start warping. Other than that, CouchBed's quality is good.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We wanted something different and we tried the couch and the futon route but they were extremely disappointing. They took up a lot of room in our small bedroom primarily set up as a library. We watched two videos on YouTube and read a lot of reviews, and CouchBed was good. I didn’t have a problem not being able to physically see it, and we took a chance. It was extremely easy ordering the CouchBed and everything was very clear on the website. Delivery was a breeze and we had no problems. The set up took five minutes and it took us longer to cut open the plastic. We got a charcoal one, we have slept on it and it is extremely comfortable. I’m really picky. I have a quirky back and it has been very comfortable for me as well as for my spouse who doesn’t have a back issue. We sit on it and we read in there. It’s been great and it’s better than any couch we’ve had. CouchBed is very good and we’ve been extremely happy.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I purchased a queen-sized CouchBed. I thought that it was gonna be the right size and a good fit for the space that I needed it. However, it was a disaster and I’m not happy with it. It’s way smaller than it appears to be and is described as being. It’s not suitable for an adult and no way do I think it should be called a couch at all because it’s not.

Also, I had a bad customer experience. When I called right away to tell them I was not happy with it, they were surprised and thought that there was nothing falsely advertised and then would not help me with the shipping back at all. The problem with that is that it comes compress-packed from the factory in a box. And unless you have some type of compression machine, which no person in the world except for some factory who does it is gonna have, you can’t get it back in the box, which they were fully aware of.

I asked them how was I supposed to get it back and they said they couldn’t help me with that. I told them that it said 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed. They said they would take it back within 30 days, but they could not help me with the shipping. When the thing comes out and opens up, basically what it is is it’s a memory foam mattress. And if they’re not gonna help ship it back, there’s no way to ship a mattress back because you can’t pack it back up. So now, I got stuck with the thing. The company sucks.

Hi Evan

We are very sorry you are not happy with the size of the CouchBed but its definitely not false advertised. We have the dimensions listed in multiple locations on the website and we have dozens of pictures with customers sitting on them on our social media pages.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I was building a semi-live-in minivan with different folding parts to the floor. I got a charcoal grey twin bed from CouchBed and it fits perfectly with what I was trying to do with it. I ordered it online and the website was self-explanatory. Shipping was good. I tracked the package and it was good as well. I wouldn't have gotten the $300 twin bed unless it was the exact specs that I needed. The bed is more expensive compared to a foldout couch. But the bed is well-made. The material itself is decently durable. The bed gives a modern feel to it, and it looks good.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We’ve been very happy with our CouchBed. I found them through research online and got a dark gray, queen-size model. Ordering it was very easy and delivery was quick. We got confirmations through the process and it was pretty painless. Unboxing it was also simple but it had quite a bit of time to expand. It’s in the playroom of a guest house so it didn’t get used right away. Still, we use it whenever we’re at that home and the kids love it. It’s very comfortable.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I got swayed into getting the CouchBed after seeing its reviews. They talked about comfort, and the fact that it was a memory foam had a lot to do with my decision in purchasing from them. I’ve had sofas that make into a bed but they’ve never really risen to the level of being a comfortable bed. This CouchBed actually seems to perform very well as a bed, which is what I was interested in. So I ordered a blue twin-size, and it was very easy to do. I’m 90 years old and unboxing it wasn’t really a problem. I just laid it down on the floor and opened it then slid the CouchBed out. It’s light and really easy to maneuver. I then let it expand for a few days.

The CouchBed is in my den, and I don’t really use it, but I have a daughter who lives in France and I bought it for her use. She came and stayed for a week, and she liked it very much. She said it was very comfortable, easy to maintain and move, and thought it was the most comfortable alternate beds. She also said she slept very well. The only thing I would like is a platform under it to raise it up from the floor. Other than that, its quality is very good, and it still looks like the day I took it out of the box. The price was fair, too. I certainly got what was said I would get, and I'm satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We were looking for some furniture that would be a comfortable guest bed in our basement but wouldn’t take up the whole basement when it isn’t being a guest bed. We don’t want a couch bed that is really uncomfortable. We wanted something more comfortable and CouchBed looked like a good choice. We compared it with a ton of other choices and we spent a few days looking at options. We purchased a gray, queen-sized CouchBed and the unboxing process was easier than we expected. We just opened it up and it was almost immediately ready. We were a little confused about which direction things went, but we figured it out. We sat on the CouchBed almost right away. It is not as good as a full, normal mattress, but it is better than a futon or a pull-out couch.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased a red and twin size CouchBed. It was easy and simple to purchase and it seemed the right fit. It was delivered when it said it was going to be delivered. It’s really difficult for older people to get up and down from the CouchBed. It’s practical for children, but not for older people. The representatives from CouchBed wasn’t that great, too. There was very minimal response and they were very impersonal. I reached out to them about the platform and I said I wasn’t completely satisfied with the product, and their return policy was very cut and dry. It’s like, “Well, you bought it. You gotta figure out a way to get it back to us if you don’t want it.” They never really had the platform even by November. So I just bought another couch.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

The CouchBed was good at first. But after laying on it for so many days in a row it flattens. It is very uncomfortable almost like it is turning into a couch underneath you. Very awful I would say. I am very disappointed.

Hi Ian

I'm very sorry you are having an issue with the CouchBed. The good news is that the integrity of the memory foam is covered by our 10 year warranty, please email us so we can get this resolved for you

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I ordered a queen CouchBed in December 2018 around the holidays. My credit card was charged and I received a confirmation email that said the bed was being prepped for shipping and that I would get another email when it shipped. It's been 6 weeks now and I've heard nothing from the company. I've tried contacting them multiple times through several channels and have gotten no response.

Hi Mike

I'm so sorry no one responded to you, please give me your order number or email you used to contact us and I will see what happened here

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I was looking for a pull-out bed and I came across the CouchBed. I thought it would be a perfect solution for our playroom for our kids and that would turn into a bed for someone who would come and stay with us. I ordered the light gray queen-size CouchBed online which was super easy. It took me just a few minutes to do it. The delivery then came earlier than I was expecting. My sister-in-law unboxed the CouchBed and she said it was pretty easy. It was heavy but that was to be expected. It expanded in less than a couple of hours. The CouchBed is a little bit firmer than I thought it was going to be. We have a Purple mattress which is supposed to be pretty firm. But the CouchBed is much firmer, so it’s not the most comfortable bed but it’s doable.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We were buying a new house and looking for some things to put into one of the extra rooms, and it seemed to be good timing that we saw a pop-up ad of CouchBed on Facebook. When we bought one about six months ago, the delivery was fine. However, the website could’ve used a little bit of a better interface for the purchase. The punch-out for putting in your payment was a little bit of a challenge. Also, I was a little bit disappointed because when I had been looking at the CouchBed, their website indicated that they were gonna have the platform base for it available very soon and that has not been the case. They just released them from back-order this month. So, we’ve had the CouchBed on the floor for all that time, which is how most people use it. And since we’ve had the CouchBed that way this long, we will not buy the platform especially that it looks like they’re charging almost as much as the couch for the platform.

It's not a very comfortable couch to sit on too. The back is very upright with it sitting on the floor. I would not make the same purchase again. It was around $500 for a queen size and for that cost, I should probably go buy a decent couch without it having to sit on the floor. I would tell my friends who would ask me about CouchBed to keep looking.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We love our couch bed. It’s so comfy and functional. Way better than any futon. Our only complaint is that we dislike the blue color. It doesn’t look like the color online. We waited longer to get the blue but are so disappointed with the color. Originally I was calling to order a swatch sample but they don’t provide them. Providing a swatch would have guaranteed ordering a color we like. Otherwise it’s an amazing product and I would give it 5 stars.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We absolutely LOVE our CouchBed! We ordered the queen size in grey and it looks absolutely beautiful in our guest/playroom. After placing our online order, product was shipped in a timely manner and we had it almost a week later. The cover is so easy to take off and wash - which is necessary with two toddlers. Everyone that has stayed over said they loved sleeping on it. Will be purchasing another soon for our kids room!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We are in transition right now since we're building our house and we live in a small place. We put everything in storage, so we needed something to sleep on and that would function as a couch as well. We were dead set on getting a sleep couch that we turn into a bed and we coudn't do it, so we hurt our back too much. Then I was able to purchase 2 CouchBeds. We got a blue twin size and a charcoal queen size. The online ordering and check-out process was fine too. One time, I asked them on Facebook a question about when the platforms would be in and they responded immediately. I would like the platforms to be cheaper, though, as I would love to have one. Still, the cost of the product in relation to the quality is perfect. When the CouchBeds arrived, I couldn't believe they were gonna take a little container. Then they took a couple of hours to be expanded, which was hardly any time. We also find them very much comfortable. So, we love CouchBed.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I like the CouchBed as it is the right size for the room, very comfortable and very easy on the wallet. It is easy to fold into a couch and unfold into a bed. It is great for my office if I need a place to rest while I work. It is also great if company stays over and I need a quick place for them to stay. My son also loves the CouchBed!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

CouchBed is so comfortable and sleek! It’s perfect for my son's playroom. He can climb on it without getting hurt and guests can still use it as a bed! It’s better than any futon I looked at! The memory foam is very comfortable!

CouchBed expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

More comfortable and stylish than a traditional futon, CouchBed combines two pieces of furniture in one. It is a mattress that converts into a couch. Use CouchBed in your home, apartment, guest bedroom, playroom or dorm. Prices start at $299 and come with two free bamboo pillows.

• Cool-gel technology: All CouchBeds are infused with cool-gel to ensure a comfortable sleep temperature. The mattress won’t feel cold–the cool-gel technology simply means your CouchBed won’t get hot as you sleep on it.

• As comfortable as a mattress: Unlike traditional futons that are more functional than comfortable, CouchBeds are designed to be used as your every night mattress. They have the added functionality of doubling as a couch when you aren’t sleeping.

• Free shipping: CouchBed ships their products for free from either California or Arizona using FedEx. Expect to receive your CouchBed within 1-6 business days after ordering it. (Weekend orders ship on Monday.)

• Standard bed dimensions: The CouchBed comes in two sizes: twin and queen. These are the same standard dimensions as other mattresses, so you can use regular fitted sheets on them.

• Eco-friendly: All CouchBeds are made from environmentally friendly materials, so you can rest assured that your family and guests are safe when they sit or lay down.

• Best for: people who want a multi-functional couch that can be easily turned into a bed.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

CouchBed Company Information