It's that easy Request Information
3.92/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With the functionality of two pieces of furniture in one, CouchBed is a cool-gel memory foam mattress that flips into a modern couch in seconds. CouchBed is the ideal solution for playrooms, guest areas, man cave, or your every night mattress.

Made with 10", 100% CertiPur memory foam, the CouchBed is also infused with coo-gel so it won't get hot like traditional memory foam. CouchBed comes in five colors (charcoal, blue, black, red and limestone), two sizes (queen and twin), and starts at $349.99.

We offer free shipping directly to your door via FedEx in an easy-to-handle box. All CouchBed's include a 10-year warranty

View More View More

132 CouchBed Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We have toddlers, and they are very prone to falling off. CouchBed is this very easy furniture to use that can convert between a bed and a couch in our living room. We like co-sleeping, so they can sleep on it, and then we can turn it into a couch and use it without a frame, and then they can climb all over it, and not be worried about them falling off of it. We bought a second one after we bought our first one because that worked. The kids just love them. They love climbing on them and sleeping on them'

The first one that we purchased was gray and it was a queen size. And then the second one was blue and it was a queen size as well. It was easy to order and the website had a range of colors and sizes. There were a couple that weren’t available that maybe we would've preferred. But now that we have the ones that we have, we really like the color. They had really good descriptions of the sizes. The second bed has a different sort of consistency than the first one. It was a little bit softer.

We thought there might’ve been a problem with it. We weren’t sure. But now we kind of like that. I actually use the softer one, and my husband uses more of the firmer one. But I’m not sure why there was a difference in firmness. It’s the same one. It was just a different color. But we like it now. The only potential issue I could see is if you were trying to return it. So, based on what customer service had told us -- if you wanted to return it, you would have to ship it yourself, if you’re trying to possibly repackage it. And I’m sure the shipping cost would be pretty high. So it might be a little bit difficult if you want to return it.

We looked up on YouTube and saw videos that people had posted about their CouchBed and how they really like them. We also read the testimonials on the CouchBed website, and everyone was just raving about them and how they bought multiple ones. It was very easy to receive. That was another issue that we had is that we have twin toddlers and it’s very hard for us to actually go buy furniture. We like the fact that we can order it online, and it shows up to our house.

We also live in a high-rise. To try and to get furniture up there is very difficult. But the CouchBed comes in this very compact and fairly lightweight packaging, so it’s not hard to move. We easily got it into our condo. We didn’t have to try and get this crazy huge mattress up the elevator. It was very convenient. All you have to do is basically take all the packaging off, and it unrolls itself, and kind of self-inflates. It’s very easy, and then it just takes maybe an hour for it to fully recompress and become bouncy. It was a very quick process and very easy to do.

The CouchBed is also very easy to convert from bed to couch. As long as you have it positioned the right way so that the correct end is against the wall, you just flip it up and flip it back. The kids can practically do it. I would definitely recommend one. But put some padding on top of it because there is like a crack between the section that folds up. But if you just put a very light foam-padded mattress on top, which is what we do, then you don’t feel that indentation at all.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I am a college student living in a 4 bedroom house, so naturally my room is rather small. I bought the CouchBed so that I could have some more space in my room when I want it. The gap in the mattress is noticeable first of all, a lot of reviews say else wise and that's nonsense. Also, I feel that the mattress could be softer but it strikes a necessary balance in order to be soft but also function as a couch and keep its form. My only reason for discontent with the softness is the price. I paid 450 for my couch bed after finding a 10% discount code on a reviewer's website, which is enough to buy two nice memory foam mattresses that don't fold into couches and would probably be softer.

All in all, now that I've had the couchbed for a few months, I'll say I'm satisfied on the whole, but just know that the price is severely inflated over other similar softness mattresses for the couch gimmick. I went and bought a down mattress topper to make the surface less abruptly firm, after which I could not feel the gap anymore. I plan to buy a couple inches of memory foam padding to put in between the bed and down mattress topper. Unfortunately, the added layers required to make the mattress softer work in direct opposition to actually be able to easily fold up into couch mode without disassembly of your padding. So, this bed is its own worst enemy in its dual functionality, with neither mode being great on its own.

If you came here because you were shopping for a real bed and liked the couch thing, I would advise you to just go buy a real bed for half the price that will have superior quality. If you are shopping for a space management solution for a small living space, then you may consider this mattress. Probably a good guest bed, makes for an ugly couch in your guest room if you can't commit to the couchbed's minimal aesthetic.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I like the design of CouchBed. My buddy had one and whenever I saw it, it would fit perfectly in my apartment. I ordered my CouchBed and I went on and told them that I wanted it to match my living room theme. Since I have a lot of people coming over and staying with me, I wanted the queen size so they have a place to sleep. After I ordered it, it took a while to come in, but that was my fault 'cause I didn’t see that it was on backorder. I emailed them asking when the CouchBed can be shipped out, and they emailed me back within a few hours. They answered my questions, so it was good.

When I got the CouchBed, I unboxed it, which I was able to do all on my own. I opened it from the package, set it up, and tested it out right then and there. Transitioning from one bed to couch is super simple but the only thing that I'm finding a little difficult now is the space when it's decouched. It's hard to lounge out on it, especially if my girlfriend and I are there. Then whenever I fold it into the bed, the area that goes down sinks into that little crack. I also ordered the platform and with its quality, it was pricey. My friend has his CouchBed without the platform and I thought that it was too low without the platform. Other than that, the CouchBed is very good quality. It's in our downstairs living room and I enjoy it. While you should not waste money on the platform part, the mattress part of the CouchBed is super comfortable and its price is perfect for its quality.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

During the process of ordering the CouchBed, they were going through some new company manufacturing woes. When everything was gonna be delivered, we got two emails about a month apart saying that they won't be ready for another month. And then they said that again the next month. So it took at least three months to get the bed. That was disappointing, but I'm not disappointed in the bed.

When I was unboxing the CouchBed, I read the directions and was very careful not to puncture the inner plastic around the bed itself. I like the idea that the CouchBed is made of the memory foam and I know how comfortable that is. It is very efficient the way it opens up to a bed. I have a queen size bed and it's a denim blue and is much better than the mattress I've had before. It replaced my bed in my master bedroom. I love it and my back feels better with it. It is also great for kids for extra sleeping

Converting from the bed to the couch was very easy to do. I'm a very small person, and I'm able to flip the top to the bottom, and it works fine. However, I don’t like the legs. The holes that were drilled into the wood to screw in the legs were drilled too wide. The front legs are fine, but the ones in the back keep falling off no matter how many times I put them back. They're the ones in the middle for extra support. CouchBed needs a better design for the legs to be connected to the bed. It shouldn’t just be one screw. But other than that, I've had the CouchBed for four months and its quality is excellent. The cost is fair for a queen size bed.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

CouchBed had positive reviews that were published on the website. It appeared from the descriptive information about the construction that it was gonna be a quality piece. It also appeared to fit our needs and to fit the space we had. I telephoned the toll-free number and spoke with someone who I believe was one of the owners. I had a couple of questions and he answered those for me. He took the order and then sent me email acknowledgment.

I got a queen size that is color blue, and I purchased the old-style platform with it. They told me that initially there was gonna be a fairly quick ship day for both the CouchBed and the platform. That turned out not to be the case. They ran into supply problems and the bed took about four weeks to arrive. The platform took several weeks longer in which the box had several tears when it arrived. There was also one area where one of the legs was damaged. I would suggest using a sturdier cardboard or an extra corrugated material for it.

We use the CoucBed as a guest room unit and so far the person who stayed a few days on it was very satisfied with the comfort. It had a very good price for the quality we received. However, the platform is not great. When pulling it apart, it is a pain in the neck to get it back together unless the floor in which it sits is absolutely completely level. I realized that I got the first generation platform. I understand that CouchBed is a start-up and hopefully, they’re getting the logistics issues under control, they’ve got their supply chains strengthened now and I would hope that the new generation platform is better quality. Overall, I would recommend CouchBed. I told a couple of people who asked me about it and sent them to the website to take a look at it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CouchBed?

Original review: July 5, 2019

Company lacks integrity. Abysmal customer service. I ordered a CouchBed on Apr 17th, was informed that it would be shipped in June. I followed up mid June, when I had no further communication from CouchBed. Was told that they would send shipping updates end of June. It's early July, and nothing. Customer service is unresponsive, and has not sent any emails informing of further delays. I tried to leave a 1-star review on their website, but it was not published. Only 5 star reviews are available on the website. Stay away from this company. They lack integrity, and customer service is grossly incompetent. At this point of time, I'm uncertain if they are a scam, especially given they're not publishing reviews. Save your money.

CouchBed response

Dana

I'm sorry about the experience you had with our customer service, we had some delays with our manufacturing but we will e shipping backorders on July 15th. As far as your 1 star review, I just checked and it is in fact live on our website. There is a delay form the time of posting to the time it is published so perhaps you were expecting to see it publish immediately. In any case, your Couched will be shipping next week and we hope you enjoy it.

Original review: April 27, 2019

My experience with CouchBed has been fine so far. I bought my gray twin-size CouchBed online and it was an easy checkout process. It's comfortable and the CouchBed itself is fine. However, the stands that you buy separately, the wooden platform, were a bit expensive.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I got a twin-sized black CouchBed and it’s great. It’s very comfortable. It has good quality and it’s reasonably priced too.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I got a gray twin bed from them and I love it. It was delivered in great condition and the bed is comfy. I like CouchBed, but they could make a more well-designed frame for the bed. The frame that I was looking at didn't seem like it was very functional. It seemed like it was gonna have corners just hanging off the end there.

Original review: April 10, 2019

CouchBed is doing a great job. They have a good idea and the bed really sells itself. It seems to be a better construction of a futon. The exact model I wanted was in stock and the price wasn’t bad. Buying it wasn’t a hard decision to make. The ordering process was really quick. I got the charcoal twin size with the bed frame, which was the best fit for the room I put it in. Its quality is great, but I wish it was a little softer. It is really hard. But since it’s not an everyday bed, I’m not that mad about it. The frame is also great. I had it set up in two minutes.

CouchBed expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

More comfortable and stylish than a traditional futon, CouchBed combines two pieces of furniture in one. It is a mattress that converts into a couch. Use CouchBed in your home, apartment, guest bedroom, playroom or dorm. Prices start at $299 and come with two free bamboo pillows.

• Cool-gel technology: All CouchBeds are infused with cool-gel to ensure a comfortable sleep temperature. The mattress won’t feel cold–the cool-gel technology simply means your CouchBed won’t get hot as you sleep on it.

• As comfortable as a mattress: Unlike traditional futons that are more functional than comfortable, CouchBeds are designed to be used as your every night mattress. They have the added functionality of doubling as a couch when you aren’t sleeping.

• Free shipping: CouchBed ships their products for free from either California or Arizona using FedEx. Expect to receive your CouchBed within 1-6 business days after ordering it. (Weekend orders ship on Monday.)

• Standard bed dimensions: The CouchBed comes in two sizes: twin and queen. These are the same standard dimensions as other mattresses, so you can use regular fitted sheets on them.

• Eco-friendly: All CouchBeds are made from environmentally friendly materials, so you can rest assured that your family and guests are safe when they sit or lay down.

• Best for: people who want a multi-functional couch that can be easily turned into a bed.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

CouchBed Company Information