It's that easy Request Information
4.12/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With the functionality of two pieces of furniture in one, CouchBed is a cool-gel memory foam mattress that flips into a modern couch in seconds. CouchBed is the ideal solution for playrooms, guest areas, man cave, or your every night mattress.

Made with 10", 100% CertiPur memory foam, the CouchBed is also infused with coo-gel so it won't get hot like traditional memory foam. CouchBed comes in five colors (charcoal, blue, black, red and limestone), two sizes (queen and twin), and starts at $349.99.

We offer free shipping directly to your door via FedEx in an easy-to-handle box. All CouchBed's include a 10-year warranty

View More View More

120 CouchBed Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We have toddlers, and they are very prone to falling off. CouchBed is this very easy furniture to use that can convert between a bed and a couch in our living room. We like co-sleeping, so they can sleep on it, and then we can turn it into a couch and use it without a frame, and then they can climb all over it, and not be worried about them falling off of it. We bought a second one after we bought our first one because that worked. The kids just love them. They love climbing on them and sleeping on them'

The first one that we purchased was gray and it was a queen size. And then the second one was blue and it was a queen size as well. It was easy to order and the website had a range of colors and sizes. There were a couple that weren’t available that maybe we would've preferred. But now that we have the ones that we have, we really like the color. They had really good descriptions of the sizes. The second bed has a different sort of consistency than the first one. It was a little bit softer.

We thought there might’ve been a problem with it. We weren’t sure. But now we kind of like that. I actually use the softer one, and my husband uses more of the firmer one. But I’m not sure why there was a difference in firmness. It’s the same one. It was just a different color. But we like it now. The only potential issue I could see is if you were trying to return it. So, based on what customer service had told us -- if you wanted to return it, you would have to ship it yourself, if you’re trying to possibly repackage it. And I’m sure the shipping cost would be pretty high. So it might be a little bit difficult if you want to return it.

We looked up on YouTube and saw videos that people had posted about their CouchBed and how they really like them. We also read the testimonials on the CouchBed website, and everyone was just raving about them and how they bought multiple ones. It was very easy to receive. That was another issue that we had is that we have twin toddlers and it’s very hard for us to actually go buy furniture. We like the fact that we can order it online, and it shows up to our house.

We also live in a high-rise. To try and to get furniture up there is very difficult. But the CouchBed comes in this very compact and fairly lightweight packaging, so it’s not hard to move. We easily got it into our condo. We didn’t have to try and get this crazy huge mattress up the elevator. It was very convenient. All you have to do is basically take all the packaging off, and it unrolls itself, and kind of self-inflates. It’s very easy, and then it just takes maybe an hour for it to fully recompress and become bouncy. It was a very quick process and very easy to do.

The CouchBed is also very easy to convert from bed to couch. As long as you have it positioned the right way so that the correct end is against the wall, you just flip it up and flip it back. The kids can practically do it. I would definitely recommend one. But put some padding on top of it because there is like a crack between the section that folds up. But if you just put a very light foam-padded mattress on top, which is what we do, then you don’t feel that indentation at all.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We’ve been very happy with our CouchBed. I found them through research online and got a dark gray, queen-size model. Ordering it was very easy and delivery was quick. We got confirmations through the process and it was pretty painless. Unboxing it was also simple but it had quite a bit of time to expand. It’s in the playroom of a guest house so it didn’t get used right away. Still, we use it whenever we’re at that home and the kids love it. It’s very comfortable.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I got swayed into getting the CouchBed after seeing its reviews. They talked about comfort, and the fact that it was a memory foam had a lot to do with my decision in purchasing from them. I’ve had sofas that make into a bed but they’ve never really risen to the level of being a comfortable bed. This CouchBed actually seems to perform very well as a bed, which is what I was interested in. So I ordered a blue twin-size, and it was very easy to do. I’m 90 years old and unboxing it wasn’t really a problem. I just laid it down on the floor and opened it then slid the CouchBed out. It’s light and really easy to maneuver. I then let it expand for a few days.

The CouchBed is in my den, and I don’t really use it, but I have a daughter who lives in France and I bought it for her use. She came and stayed for a week, and she liked it very much. She said it was very comfortable, easy to maintain and move, and thought it was the most comfortable alternate beds. She also said she slept very well. The only thing I would like is a platform under it to raise it up from the floor. Other than that, its quality is very good, and it still looks like the day I took it out of the box. The price was fair, too. I certainly got what was said I would get, and I'm satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We were looking for some furniture that would be a comfortable guest bed in our basement but wouldn’t take up the whole basement when it isn’t being a guest bed. We don’t want a couch bed that is really uncomfortable. We wanted something more comfortable and CouchBed looked like a good choice. We compared it with a ton of other choices and we spent a few days looking at options. We purchased a gray, queen-sized CouchBed and the unboxing process was easier than we expected. We just opened it up and it was almost immediately ready. We were a little confused about which direction things went, but we figured it out. We sat on the CouchBed almost right away. It is not as good as a full, normal mattress, but it is better than a futon or a pull-out couch.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased a red and twin size CouchBed. It was easy and simple to purchase and it seemed the right fit. It was delivered when it said it was going to be delivered. It’s really difficult for older people to get up and down from the CouchBed. It’s practical for children, but not for older people. The representatives from CouchBed wasn’t that great, too. There was very minimal response and they were very impersonal. I reached out to them about the platform and I said I wasn’t completely satisfied with the product, and their return policy was very cut and dry. It’s like, “Well, you bought it. You gotta figure out a way to get it back to us if you don’t want it.” They never really had the platform even by November. So I just bought another couch.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CouchBed?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

The CouchBed was good at first. But after laying on it for so many days in a row it flattens. It is very uncomfortable almost like it is turning into a couch underneath you. Very awful I would say. I am very disappointed.

Hi Ian

I'm very sorry you are having an issue with the CouchBed. The good news is that the integrity of the memory foam is covered by our 10 year warranty, please email us so we can get this resolved for you

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I ordered a queen CouchBed in December 2018 around the holidays. My credit card was charged and I received a confirmation email that said the bed was being prepped for shipping and that I would get another email when it shipped. It's been 6 weeks now and I've heard nothing from the company. I've tried contacting them multiple times through several channels and have gotten no response.

Hi Mike

I'm so sorry no one responded to you, please give me your order number or email you used to contact us and I will see what happened here

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I was looking for a pull-out bed and I came across the CouchBed. I thought it would be a perfect solution for our playroom for our kids and that would turn into a bed for someone who would come and stay with us. I ordered the light gray queen-size CouchBed online which was super easy. It took me just a few minutes to do it. The delivery then came earlier than I was expecting. My sister-in-law unboxed the CouchBed and she said it was pretty easy. It was heavy but that was to be expected. It expanded in less than a couple of hours. The CouchBed is a little bit firmer than I thought it was going to be. We have a Purple mattress which is supposed to be pretty firm. But the CouchBed is much firmer, so it’s not the most comfortable bed but it’s doable.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We were buying a new house and looking for some things to put into one of the extra rooms, and it seemed to be good timing that we saw a pop-up ad of CouchBed on Facebook. When we bought one about six months ago, the delivery was fine. However, the website could’ve used a little bit of a better interface for the purchase. The punch-out for putting in your payment was a little bit of a challenge. Also, I was a little bit disappointed because when I had been looking at the CouchBed, their website indicated that they were gonna have the platform base for it available very soon and that has not been the case. They just released them from back-order this month. So, we’ve had the CouchBed on the floor for all that time, which is how most people use it. And since we’ve had the CouchBed that way this long, we will not buy the platform especially that it looks like they’re charging almost as much as the couch for the platform.

It's not a very comfortable couch to sit on too. The back is very upright with it sitting on the floor. I would not make the same purchase again. It was around $500 for a queen size and for that cost, I should probably go buy a decent couch without it having to sit on the floor. I would tell my friends who would ask me about CouchBed to keep looking.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I am a college student living in a 4 bedroom house, so naturally my room is rather small. I bought the CouchBed so that I could have some more space in my room when I want it. The gap in the mattress is noticeable first of all, a lot of reviews say else wise and that's nonsense. Also, I feel that the mattress could be softer but it strikes a necessary balance in order to be soft but also function as a couch and keep its form. My only reason for discontent with the softness is the price. I paid 450 for my couch bed after finding a 10% discount code on a reviewer's website, which is enough to buy two nice memory foam mattresses that don't fold into couches and would probably be softer.

All in all, now that I've had the couchbed for a few months, I'll say I'm satisfied on the whole, but just know that the price is severely inflated over other similar softness mattresses for the couch gimmick. I went and bought a down mattress topper to make the surface less abruptly firm, after which I could not feel the gap anymore. I plan to buy a couple inches of memory foam padding to put in between the bed and down mattress topper. Unfortunately, the added layers required to make the mattress softer work in direct opposition to actually be able to easily fold up into couch mode without disassembly of your padding. So, this bed is its own worst enemy in its dual functionality, with neither mode being great on its own.

If you came here because you were shopping for a real bed and liked the couch thing, I would advise you to just go buy a real bed for half the price that will have superior quality. If you are shopping for a space management solution for a small living space, then you may consider this mattress. Probably a good guest bed, makes for an ugly couch in your guest room if you can't commit to the couchbed's minimal aesthetic.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We love our couch bed. It’s so comfy and functional. Way better than any futon. Our only complaint is that we dislike the blue color. It doesn’t look like the color online. We waited longer to get the blue but are so disappointed with the color. Originally I was calling to order a swatch sample but they don’t provide them. Providing a swatch would have guaranteed ordering a color we like. Otherwise it’s an amazing product and I would give it 5 stars.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We absolutely LOVE our CouchBed! We ordered the queen size in grey and it looks absolutely beautiful in our guest/playroom. After placing our online order, product was shipped in a timely manner and we had it almost a week later. The cover is so easy to take off and wash - which is necessary with two toddlers. Everyone that has stayed over said they loved sleeping on it. Will be purchasing another soon for our kids room!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We are in transition right now since we're building our house and we live in a small place. We put everything in storage, so we needed something to sleep on and that would function as a couch as well. We were dead set on getting a sleep couch that we turn into a bed and we coudn't do it, so we hurt our back too much. Then I was able to purchase 2 CouchBeds. We got a blue twin size and a charcoal queen size. The online ordering and check-out process was fine too. One time, I asked them on Facebook a question about when the platforms would be in and they responded immediately. I would like the platforms to be cheaper, though, as I would love to have one. Still, the cost of the product in relation to the quality is perfect. When the CouchBeds arrived, I couldn't believe they were gonna take a little container. Then they took a couple of hours to be expanded, which was hardly any time. We also find them very much comfortable. So, we love CouchBed.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I like the CouchBed as it is the right size for the room, very comfortable and very easy on the wallet. It is easy to fold into a couch and unfold into a bed. It is great for my office if I need a place to rest while I work. It is also great if company stays over and I need a quick place for them to stay. My son also loves the CouchBed!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

CouchBed is so comfortable and sleek! It’s perfect for my son's playroom. He can climb on it without getting hurt and guests can still use it as a bed! It’s better than any futon I looked at! The memory foam is very comfortable!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I bought the queen CouchBed thinking it was going to be a bit taller and less like a cushion on the floor. When I tried to return it, I was told to wait because the platform would be in stock or if I wanted to return it, it was on me. I feel like buying this was taking a chance so there should be a better recourse for those who do want to return it and not bear the high shipping costs and burden of taking it to a shipping store. I ended up selling it for less than half of what I bought it for. It was just an all out disappointment.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I needed something that was unbreakable for my house specification rental. I got a gray, queen size CouchBed thinking that it wouldn't break since I've had futons that have been broken by my guests. The overall purchase and check-out process was very easy. The only thing about the CouchBed is that its profile is very low so it doesn't really look like a couch. But its purpose is to be more of a bed than a couch, so it works fine. My grandkids love it too. Also, I like the cost in relation to the quality. I had a great experience with CouchBed.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I was browsing through the internet and I was looking for a sofa bed. CouchBed looked like something which was different from the traditional style. It looked very attractive and I just liked it. I bought it and was shipped to me on time. The overall quality of the CouchBed is actually very good. I use it more like a living room sofa. I spend a lot of time on it and it’s pretty comfortable. Almost everyone who comes to my place really likes it too. I like the quality of CouchBed and it wasn’t more expensive than the other things I see around.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I ordered from CouchBed and paid them $500. Navigating through their website was simple and fairly easy since they really don’t have a lot of products. I like the style of their product and thought it would be convenient, but it was not. I checked with CouchBed twice before the couch was delivered to make sure that it was delivered to the door and not my apartment office, but they didn't do that. So, I had to walk the couch bed all the way across my complex at least seven times. It was also overpriced and it’s not as comfortable as I thought it would be.

Another was that I never got my memory pillow and it's supposed to come with my CouchBed. Originally, when I was first gonna order the couch bed, it said it was to come with two bedroom pillows, but then they changed their promotion. I should have the heating and cooling temperature pillow that was free. I called and requested multiple times. They said it was shipping the pillow separately but I never got anything. I was upset and emailed them at least four times about my pillow, but I’ve never received a response.

I’m about to throw the CouchBed away because my roommate’s cat peed all over it unless I could possibly get new bedding from them. I know there’s a warranty on this product but CouchBed wouldn’t cover under that. The only thing that they would cover is if my couch is slacking from wear and tear due to laying on it. But as far as stains, they wouldn’t replace it, which I understand. But it wasn’t really my fault. One of the things I thought about was possibly keeping my CouchBed and just replacing the bedding for it. But I don’t see that for sale on the website.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I live in an apartment and I purchased my CouchBed for my style and what I need. Plus it had good reviews. It’s a twin and it’s light gray, and it expanded pretty much right away. It’s very comfy and it looks like it will last a long time. It’s exceptional and I love it.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Purchased a CouchBed with the frame. No frame was ever shipped... Company gives excuses every month as to why they have not shipped the frame. Told today that it will be next month (which is what they told me in August, September, October, November and now in December.). So we are at 6 months as of December 2018. Now they say - just ship it back... Well, when you receive these couches; they are small vacuum sealed boxes that are easy to carry. Then when you open them; they expand like too much yeast in a cake where 1 person cannot carry much less put in a box to send back. So; I asked them to send me a box and shipping labels for the sofa. I have now been told that we have exceeded the 30 day return policy. We are now going to arbitration via my credit card back-charge... DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! They do not have it together!

Hi Jim

We are very sorry for the delay with the platforms but we finally have them made and they are shipping January 15th. We could have processed a refund for you at any time but you opened a chargeback with your bank before contacting us so our hands are tied.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I got the red twin CouchBed as it looked like exactly what my son would need as an extra bed in his dorm. My son loves it and he says it’s the best purchase he has up in his dorm. The one thing I thought, which I couldn't tell from the website, was that on the twin, the seating is not so great for an adult. It worked out fine for him, but if I had been buying it as an extra piece for my house, I would have been annoyed. Still, it’s serving its purpose and he’s thrilled, so I’m happy.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I saw a demo on Instagram and CouchBed seemed like a nice concept rather than getting a futon for my kids. When they are in their room, they could flip it to a sofa. I ordered the CouchBed for my son, then I came back to order the frame. I ordered two frames and another bed and I received the bed in a timely fashion, but I never received the frames, so I recently canceled the order for the frames. The beds I purchased were queen sized. One was gray and the other one was black, but I'm not happy since we don't have a frame. I just have a mattress on the floor right now. I have not had a chance to reach out. They told me I had to donate their mattress and they’ll refund me, but I haven't had a chance to take care of that because I have to buy another bed for my kids.

The process of ordering the CouchBed and the frame was easy. I just went to their website and placed the order. Whenever I called in and canceled the order for the frame, it went smoothly. My kids like the CouchBed. They say it is comfortable, although it is sitting on the floor and they don't get the best use. When they flip it out, it is lower than their desk and the TV. I am very dissatisfied.

CouchBed response

Hi Joseph the platforms are finally done and will be shipping January 15th. Glad to hear your kids like the CouchBed, the platforms are back on the website now if you would like to reorder one

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I looked into a small apartment and I needed something for it that's smaller. I saw CouchBed on Youtube. I ordered a single CouchBed that's red and the process was very easy. At the time, though, I didn't know if I should buy the platform for it or not as there were no pictures or any Youtube videos about that. I called them about the platform and they responded timely. They called in and said they were working on that. So, I didn't buy the platform because I wanted to make sure I knew exactly how it worked. It would have been helpful if they have some pictures of the platform, but I've seen the Youtube video since and I wouldn't have wanted that, anyway. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with CouchBed. The quality of the item is really good.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I was digging around online looking for futons. CouchBed looked neat and I got a queen size from them. The ordering process was really easy. Also, for the cost, the product is of fair quality. However, if we're gonna try and sleep on it every night, it would suck. Nevertheless, what purpose I use it for, it’s excellent because it’s more space in case we have multiple guests.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Our house was undergoing some remodeling, and I didn’t have a spare bedroom. I bought a CouchBed so that I could have a spare bed for my niece who was staying here at that time. The ordering process was pretty simple. I read through the comments that somebody regretfully didn't get the frame with it so I got one. The bed was brought to me quick. The frame have been backordered but it was efficient. The bed will go in my basement fine. I think it was a great solution for my problem. It’s kind of a flip bed, flip chairs. It’s utilitarian. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I like the design of CouchBed. My buddy had one and whenever I saw it, it would fit perfectly in my apartment. I ordered my CouchBed and I went on and told them that I wanted it to match my living room theme. Since I have a lot of people coming over and staying with me, I wanted the queen size so they have a place to sleep. After I ordered it, it took a while to come in, but that was my fault 'cause I didn’t see that it was on backorder. I emailed them asking when the CouchBed can be shipped out, and they emailed me back within a few hours. They answered my questions, so it was good.

When I got the CouchBed, I unboxed it, which I was able to do all on my own. I opened it from the package, set it up, and tested it out right then and there. Transitioning from one bed to couch is super simple but the only thing that I'm finding a little difficult now is the space when it's decouched. It's hard to lounge out on it, especially if my girlfriend and I are there. Then whenever I fold it into the bed, the area that goes down sinks into that little crack. I also ordered the platform and with its quality, it was pricey. My friend has his CouchBed without the platform and I thought that it was too low without the platform. Other than that, the CouchBed is very good quality. It's in our downstairs living room and I enjoy it. While you should not waste money on the platform part, the mattress part of the CouchBed is super comfortable and its price is perfect for its quality.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We got a grey twin bed from CouchBed. It was portable, multi-use and good for a playroom bed. I ordered it online. It got delivered when it said it was going to be delivered. It’s designed as a guest room alternative bed and everybody seems to like it. It is the perfect option for a playroom.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We wanted a bed that lets you multifunction and we purchased the queen size charcoal gray CouchBed. The process of ordering that was easy and the communication was good throughout. But when the product was delivered, the box had some problems. The CouchBed itself was fine. But the frame was badly damaged. The latches on the fold-over part for the pull-out bed were broken so I had to re-drill and redo the latch for it.

The mattress is completely soft, which is good, and the CouchBed popped up quickly. We let it expand for a day or two but it didn’t look like it needed that long. As a couch, it's fine. But as a mattress, it's a little more on the hard side than I anticipated. And because of that, you can definitely feel the groove in the fold-over part. So we ended up having to get a mattress topper to sleep on it. There are also some design challenges with the slatted base when swapping from a couch to a bed. But the mattress itself has no issue. All in all, it's a phenomenal product. It's a great bed-couch and we love it. It's perfect. We use it as a guest bed and as a couch. It's been great for our quality of life.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I moved into a really small place and wanted to be able to have company but didn’t have the room for a separate bedroom or a bed. I liked the look of the CouchBed and ordered a slate-colored twin size online. It was super easy. I received an email when it shipped and it showed me exactly when it would be here. I moved from Missouri to Arizona and it came the day that I got here. It was perfect. The packaging was fine and my son easily unboxed it for me. It is also easy to move around, which is another thing that I like about it. He and my granddaughter carried it into the house for me.

I had to sleep on the CouchBed that night and it was very comfortable. After a friend rode with me down here, she stayed for a week so I slept on it every night for a week. Once she left and I slept on the bed in the bedroom, the bed wasn’t terribly comfortable. I slept on the CouchBed several nights after I didn’t need to anymore. My granddaughter also loves sleeping on it. It’s nice that it’s super easy to convert from a couch to a bed. I have a couple of pillows on it and I just remove the pillows, pull up the back and let it fall. It's a great little bed and I would recommend it.

CouchBed expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

More comfortable and stylish than a traditional futon, CouchBed combines two pieces of furniture in one. It is a mattress that converts into a couch. Use CouchBed in your home, apartment, guest bedroom, playroom or dorm. Prices start at $299 and come with two free bamboo pillows.

• Cool-gel technology: All CouchBeds are infused with cool-gel to ensure a comfortable sleep temperature. The mattress won’t feel cold–the cool-gel technology simply means your CouchBed won’t get hot as you sleep on it.

• As comfortable as a mattress: Unlike traditional futons that are more functional than comfortable, CouchBeds are designed to be used as your every night mattress. They have the added functionality of doubling as a couch when you aren’t sleeping.

• Free shipping: CouchBed ships their products for free from either California or Arizona using FedEx. Expect to receive your CouchBed within 1-6 business days after ordering it. (Weekend orders ship on Monday.)

• Standard bed dimensions: The CouchBed comes in two sizes: twin and queen. These are the same standard dimensions as other mattresses, so you can use regular fitted sheets on them.

• Eco-friendly: All CouchBeds are made from environmentally friendly materials, so you can rest assured that your family and guests are safe when they sit or lay down.

• Best for: people who want a multi-functional couch that can be easily turned into a bed.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

CouchBed Company Information