4.57/5
Based on 14 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With the functionality of two pieces of furniture in one, CouchBed is a cool-gel memory foam mattress that flips into a modern couch in seconds. CouchBed is the ideal solution for playrooms, guest areas, man cave, or your every night mattress.

Made with 10", 100% CertiPur memory foam, the CouchBed is also infused with coo-gel so it won't get hot like traditional memory foam. CouchBed comes in five colors (charcoal, blue, black, red and limestone), two sizes (queen and twin), and starts at $349.99.

We offer free shipping directly to your door via FedEx in an easy-to-handle box. All CouchBed's include a 10-year warranty

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 22, 2018

14 CouchBed Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 22, 2018

I got the queen size CouchBed. It's charcoal gray and it fit my other room. I didn't want a normal couch because I didn't want the hard sides and frames and things like that. Also, I got 50% or 75% off anyway, so the price of the CouchBed mattress was pretty similar to the mattress products I've purchased before.The ordering process was pretty quick and easy and it's pretty seamless getting it. The CouchBed was already back ordered and the reps said it would be shipped by this time and I got an email of when it was shipped to them.

I got the CouchBed two days later and it's pretty overall. Unboxing the CouchBed was pretty easy as well. I just took it out of the box and then there's a little knife that they give you to cut off the plastic. We were going out of town that day so we just let the CouchBed sit and expand and it was a little crummy. My kids sleep on it all the time and they plan on sleeping on it this weekend for playdates. The CouchBed seems fine and comfortable and I've had no complaints. We don't use it every day because it's in a playroom but overall, it seems pretty sturdy. I've already recommended CouchBed to a friend.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I got a queen-size mattress from CouchBed. I liked its color of limestone grey that matches my apartment decor which is pretty dull. It was easy purchasing it with Amazon Pay, so that was nice. My only complaint is that FedEx dropped it off at the lobby and I had to carry it to my apartment by myself. I blew it myself and let it expand for an hour before using it. I've had the couch bed for a month and a half, and I really like it. It was completely worth the cost. It's comfortable and it's like any other memory foam mattress. I'm using it like a living room couch and saving it for a bed if I have visitors. After the purchase, the communication I received from CouchBed through email was good.

A couple of days after I bought the couch bed, there was a promotion for Presidents' Day sale wherein the bed came with two foam pillows. I contacted Customer Service to see if they could send the pillows to me because I had just bought the bed and my interactions with the reps through Facebook were nice and quick. I would tell a friend to get a CouchBed too.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We purchased the queen-size CouchBed and it’s more with a grayish color. It is for our guest room, and it has kind of worked with how we needed a queen-size bed. We went online, ordered it, and it got delivered. It was nice that it had a little scissors type thing that came with it to open the plastic seal when we unboxed the package. We had friends over, and we opened it by evening and they slept on it an hour or two later. I like the CouchBed. It was very easy to transition from bed to couch and both of them are comfortable. And it is a bit firmer than some of the other things we had. My mom’s doing more sleeping in the CouchBed and she’s liked it for the last 10 days. The cost is good and we might even order another one.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I bought a dark-grey queen size CouchBed. I like the multi-functional features of the sofa. Ordering was super easy. I clicked on it and since I also have an Amazon account the payment was straight through and connected with my credit card. They sent me emails for the status of the tracking. It was delivered on time and it was really easy to unpack. It's made out of memory foam and you can't compare it to other sofas because it has its own features. It's really comfortable. It had a good price. They had a promotion going on and I was able to get the discount

CouchBed response

Great to hear you are enjoying your CouchBed!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 3, 2018

CouchBed was on my wishlist for so long that I was so excited that I finally got one. Since I live in a tiny studio apartment, I planned to use CouchBed as an everyday mattress in the night and couch during the day. It was very uncomfortable to lay on. You can definitely feel the seam on your back. I contacted the customer service and they said wait for 48 hours, which I did. After two nights of sleeping, my back is so sour and painful. Yet you can't return it. So CouchBed is under my normal mattress now. Such a $450 bed box.

Hi Hanyan

We are so sorry you are not happy with your CouchBed, we tried to create a mattress that would be universally comfortable but we understand that people have different preferences or conditions and one style won't work for everyone. We will accept returns but the customer is responsible for the return shipping, please contact us if you would like to discuss this option.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CouchBed?

Original review: April 3, 2018

We are very happy with our CouchBed purchase. We have a relatively small home and do not have overnight guests often. We were looking for a solution that would give us a comfortable extra bed, while retaining the limited space we have when we aren't entertaining overnight guests. CouchBed was the perfect solution. It was an affordable purchase that arrived promptly and in perfect condition. Thank you.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I love the CouchBed and it works perfectly in my tiny spare bedroom/office. The only thing is I wish there was a platform for it to sit on as a couch. It is a bit low to the ground. Other than that is made very well and had hardly any bad smell like foam sometimes has. I would buy a second one if needed.

CouchBed response

Great to hear Doreen, thank you for taking time to review us!

Original review: March 30, 2018

It wasn't delivered... The pillows were but the bed was not. I went into FedEx and modified my instructions after that and said it could be left at the apartment office but it just got sent back to shipper. Not sure what happens next?

Hello,

We were not aware of any delivery issue, please email or call us and we will take care of it right away. We sent you an email but we do not have a phone number on file for you.

CouchBed

Original review: March 29, 2018

I bought one for my preschool and the kids love it. Easy to order, didn't require any assembly and its been a hit so far. I will be ordering more in the future for my other classrooms and recommending to my friends.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I bought a gray, twin CouchBed through the website. It was a quick and simple process and the item was here in a couple of days. Unboxing it was easy as well. A pocket knife and a little opener that came inside for the plastic part was all I needed. Then they've sent a follow-up email after the purchase which I was pretty happy about.

I had it expand for 12 hours before using it, then I put it in the small bedroom. We're babysitting kids, so my daughter and I share and and use it nightly. Transitioning it from the bed to couch is very quick. I just throw my blanket off and flip it when I'm going to be gone for a little while. I've never had memory foam, so this is pretty firm to me but it's very comfortable and I'm getting used to it. In addition, the cost and quality are very good compared to Walmart, and the couch bed works well. I like it so much I'll probably buy one for my second daughter’s apartment.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I wanted to have more space because my room is small. With CouchBed, it was more convenient for me to have a bed that could turn into a couch. I got the navy queen size one. I ordered it online and it was very easy and after the purchase, they sent me two emails and a confirmation. The next week the bed came and it was earlier than expected. It was a little heavy but it was relatively easy to get in my room, open up and put together. I have the bed for about three months now and I use it nightly. I like it better than a regular mattress because it keeps me cool. It’s very firm and comfortable. It is better than what I’ve had before. Also, it is cheaper than getting a mattress. Overall, it’s a great bed. If you’re looking for better space and something to have in your living room to have an extra bed, I would highly suggest CouchBed.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I was looking for something that I could use and in a particular space and I got the gray queen size CouchBed. Ordering it was fairly simple and I got a discount on it and it wasn’t expensive. It was a good value. The delivery was delayed but they were very upfront about telling me that they were going to be delayed. I got it at the beginning of February and it was properly packaged. It would be nice though if it had an option of shipping with the platform, just to have it sit on, so it was raised up higher. The CouchBed is in an office area now and it is in the sitting position. I like it because when it comes up to the couch position, it didn’t take up a lot of space. It sits very low to the ground and it’s not uncomfortable. It’s very modern-looking. CouchBed delivered what they advertised.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We needed something for our guest room and we like the idea that CouchBed could turn from a couch to a mattress. We purchased the gray twin size and we ordered it online direct from them. They sent an email that it was getting delivered, with tracking, so we knew when it was coming. It was delivered in a box and it was vacuumed-packed, so it was very compacted and we had to roll it out. The mattress itself is pretty comfortable. However, it is a bit weird that it has this seam that usually bumps, so we put a thin foam mattress from another bundle bed on top of it so we don’t feel the seams.

For what we paid for it, the CouchBed is adequate. And if we're trying to get something out of the closet, it’s easier for us to use than an Aerobed. We like that we can use it as a couch for the kids when nobody is sleeping on it. Occasionally we sleep on it and it is good and the couch is very low. For a playroom and the kids' rooms, it's perfect. Overall, we’ve been very happy with it. We had a bit of a tear developed at one of the seams but the customer service team responded instantly saying that they were going to send the replacement. They had an inventory issue and it took us a couple of weeks to get it.

CouchBed expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

More comfortable and stylish than a traditional futon, CouchBed combines two pieces of furniture in one. It is a mattress that converts into a couch. Use CouchBed in your home, apartment, guest bedroom, playroom or dorm. Prices start at $299 and come with two free bamboo pillows.

• Cool-gel technology: All CouchBeds are infused with cool-gel to ensure a comfortable sleep temperature. The mattress won’t feel cold–the cool-gel technology simply means your CouchBed won’t get hot as you sleep on it.

• As comfortable as a mattress: Unlike traditional futons that are more functional than comfortable, CouchBeds are designed to be used as your every night mattress. They have the added functionality of doubling as a couch when you aren’t sleeping.

• Free shipping: CouchBed ships their products for free from either California or Arizona using FedEx. Expect to receive your CouchBed within 1-6 business days after ordering it. (Weekend orders ship on Monday.)

• Standard bed dimensions: The CouchBed comes in two sizes: twin and queen. These are the same standard dimensions as other mattresses, so you can use regular fitted sheets on them.

• Eco-friendly: All CouchBeds are made from environmentally friendly materials, so you can rest assured that your family and guests are safe when they sit or lay down.

• Best for: people who want a multi-functional couch that can be easily turned into a bed.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

CouchBed Company Information