It's that easy Request Information
4.26/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With the functionality of two pieces of furniture in one, CouchBed is a cool-gel memory foam mattress that flips into a modern couch in seconds. CouchBed is the ideal solution for playrooms, guest areas, man cave, or your every night mattress.

Made with 10", 100% CertiPur memory foam, the CouchBed is also infused with coo-gel so it won't get hot like traditional memory foam. CouchBed comes in five colors (charcoal, blue, black, red and limestone), two sizes (queen and twin), and starts at $349.99.

We offer free shipping directly to your door via FedEx in an easy-to-handle box. All CouchBed's include a 10-year warranty

View More View More

81 CouchBed Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I was looking for something that could be a daybed in the guest room by day and a bed by night, so I checked out quite a few different ones, saw CouchBed online and liked it a lot. The checkout process was simple and the communication I received after I purchased was excellent. I bought a beige, queen-sized CouchBed, and everything about the ordering process was very good except not being able to get the color within the timeframe promised. They didn't have the beige cover at the time and I was having company. I interacted with the customer service team through email and they were helpful. They were very quick to send me another color (charcoal) which I also liked. They followed up by sending me the other one for free, so I have two.

It was not easy to drag the CouchBed upstairs, but once I got it up there, I didn’t have any problem. I was careful when unboxing it because I knew there was something in there that I could cut. It was usable within a day and the quality is good. When my grandkids come, I sleep on it so I can be upstairs near them and it is very comfortable. We have an expensive foam mattress and the CouchBed compares very well to that. I’d recommend it to everybody who comes over.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We purchased the sofa and fold out platform that keeps sofa cushion off floor and allows easier access for sitting and getting up. Without the platform, it is like sitting on a sofa cushion on the floor. We 1st received word of sofa and platform delays in June. We received the sofa in August. We also got an email from "CouchBed" stating the platforms were not being shipped on time because of the manufacturer, and that they were getting a new manufacturer. "Platforms will be shipped in September - here is a free cheap blanket for your patience!" Well, here we are in September! I had not received any update from CouchBed so I emailed them on September 9. On September 9, I got a reply saying, "we won't be shipping the platforms until mid November because of a re-design of the platform!" If we do not receive the platform, I will back-charge my credit card for the platform and the couch! What a disappointment!!

CouchBed response

James we are very sorry about the delays with the platforms, we already offered to refund your money if you do not wish to wait. All you have to do is let us know and will process the refund right away.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

CouchBed looked functional for my boy’s playroom when I saw it online. We got one for the guest room we have for when my kids have friends who would sleepover. Their ordering process was super easy. I bought the queen-sized bed with a charcoal color. It showed up when it was supposed to and it looked like it was supposed to. It was also super easy to unbox it and thereafter, we waited an hour for the bed to expand before using it. The CouchBed is totally different from a regular bed. I had an easy experience with this company and would tell a friend to get one of their beds.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I’m happy with the product I bought from CouchBed. We wanted something that was convertible for one of our rooms and I liked CouchBed as an alternative to a traditional futon. In addition, it was well-priced and compared to other alternatives, CouchBed was in line with the pricing. I ordered the queen size in gray on my phone through the website and it was really easy. I also communicated with their friendly customer service team through email and over the phone.

Though the item was a back ordered, they gave regular updates on it. Once they got to the factory, I had the CouchBed here within a couple days. It was all vacuum-packed and I was certainly surprised. It was also easy to unbox. I expected a much bigger box, so we got it upstairs, took off the vacuum packing, and it came to life. We've had the product for almost three months now and comparing it to other mattresses, it’s no worse or no better than any other memory foam mattress. Still, it serves its purpose and it has been a great product so far. I'm happy with my experience with CouchBed and they made it really easy for me. If you’re looking for something like what I got, I would recommend getting a CouchBed.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I got a twin size blue CouchBed. I am moving a lot, so it fits my needs and it's easy to manage two pieces of furniture at the same time. It's lightweight and easy to move around. Ordering it was super easy. I just looked it up online and purchased it within minutes, and it came within the time frame. I unpacked it and then it inflated, and it was cool to watch. Then, I started using it after 15 minutes. It's really soft and it retains its shape well. It lasted me really well. However, it was a lot smaller than I expected. Still, I'm really pleased with the product. It is my primary mattress and I use it every night. It's very comfortable and I also really love the pillows that it came with. It takes seconds to transition my CouchBed from a bed to a couch or vice versa. It's so simple. The quality of the product is high and I paid for it, so the cost and the quality are even. I'm happy with the product and I would recommend CouchBed.

CouchBed response

Thank you so much for the kind words, great to hear!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CouchBed?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I was living with my buddy and I needed a place to stay at his house. I didn’t wanna buy a futon but I thought it has a cool design. It's not like a $10,000 couch, but it's nice for what it is. I can flip it out and it's very comfortable and it looked like a good option for me. I saw the ad about it on Instagram then I talked to my buddy and he also liked it. I ended up purchasing a queen size, gray Couchbed. I bought it online in May but I didn't get it until June.

I called the manufacturer. They were nice and professional. They told me that they had it on back order and they didn't really have a tracking thing. We were all kinda in the dark as they didn't know what was going on either. If I'd known that at that time, I probably wouldn't have bought it but it was okay. It all worked out. Overall, I had to wait a while to get it but it's a good product for sure.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Our experience with CouchBed is great. We have a space that is an office bedroom and we wanted to have something to receive the guest in case we have someone over. My husband loves to be online looking for new stuff and he found an idea and he thought that it would be great, so we bought the blue, queen-size CouchBed with that intention. It looked like a couch and worked like a bed, so it was perfect for us. The only thing is we wanted a tri-color, but they didn't have it available. It would take another two weeks or so to be available, so we chose blue instead. We chose Amazon for the shipping and payments and it was easy. We let the CouchBed expand and we used it the same day we opened it. The product is great. We had a guest over and they had nothing to complain.

Right now, we use it once in a while or once a week, but we have guests coming and going all during the year and the CouchBed is working fine. The transition process from the couch to bed and back is fine, although the stage of the couch stays in one position, so, for the size of the bedroom, we had to move it for use as a bed. But it's not that heavy, so it's okay.

CouchBed response

Wonderful to hear, we will be selling the covers separately in the near future

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Charcoal Queen Couch Bed - The ordering process was very easy and my couch bed was delivered to my front door in good condition. I was looking for more comfortable bed than a futon and my couch bed exceeded expectations. I love the concept and the quality. The mattress is firm but I find it very comfortable and so do my guests.

CouchBed response

Thank you so much Debra, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Originally, I was supposed to get a futon type for our spare bedroom/baby’s room and we looked at the stores around us. However, the quality of the mattresses is poor. I liked the way the CouchBed folded and that it had the memory foam. It was easy to put together and then put back as a couch. We went online and I wanted a black one, but it was out of stock at the time and we needed it fast so we ordered the twin-sized blue one. It took five business days for it to be delivered. We opened the box, took out the staples and undid the packaging. It took a while to inflate it, but all in all it was easy. So far, the mattress is good and comfy. We have guests staying frequently and it's been used by three people in three months.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I really do love this CouchBed. I live in a small apartment and having a convertible couch with a small footprint that is super comfy is nice. It is firm, but I personally like firm. I ran into a small issue when I received it. Contacted support, which was fantastic. I would highly recommend this to anyone who asked. My neighbors also love it granted they haven't laid on it in bed mode. I was in the "dog house" with my girlfriend who I live with. Switched it into bed mode in 5 seconds, slept better than I normally do LOL.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

When I ordered the Couchbed I didn't expect to wait soooo long in receiving my platform! I understand the situation with your manufacturer but 60 additional days is a long time to wait for a product. Please see if there is any way to shorten the wait. We're seniors so it's a bit hard to get up and off the bed.

Hi Grace

We are very sorry about the delay with the platform, it caught us totally off guard. We felt terrible and thats why we offered everyone their money back as opposed to waiting. We're working as hard as we can to get the new back ready to ship ASAP.

Original review: July 31, 2018

CouchBed staff was great speaking with me multiple times to get mine shipped to Alaska as they only ship free to the lower 48. A pet peeve of Alaskans, but worth the extra cost to get it here. Made a lovely office/guest room around my queen sized CouchBed and love it! 2 sets of guests now have enjoyed the comfort and I agree as I spent a night on it as well to check it out!

Original review: July 24, 2018

I moved to Louisiana and I didn’t have time to bring my bed so I just got a CouchBed to put in my room in the meantime until I’m completely moved in. I went to CouchBed's website, looked at all the good reviews and ordered from there. I got a dark gray, queen sized CouchBed. It took about four to five days for the bed to get here. It had good packaging and it was easy to set up. I just opened it up and it inflated. I used it that night but it pretty much inflated fully within the first 24 hours.

Also, I like the firmness of it but because it’s not on a boxspring, I sleep a little harder on it because I’m heavier. So if I was lighter and didn’t have so much weight on my ribs and flipping around, then it would be better. Additionally, if it was just ten inches up, I’d be much better swinging my legs off than trying to crawl up and stand. As soon as I lose about 80 pounds, I’m sure we’ll have no problems squirming off of it. Still, it’s very comfortable and everybody who has laid on it has said the same thing. I also flip the bed back and forth all the time. It’s awesome and it looks good as a couch.

Though the cost is a little high, it has got a 10-year warranty which the other cheaper beds don’t. I saw some cheaper ones but I wasn’t gonna risk it because I really appreciate the warranty and everybody who has interacted with CouchBed's customer service was completely satisfied. CouchBed said they back their products 100% which most people don’t so it was worth it. I wish I had gotten a platform but as soon as I pay this off, I’m gonna get one.

I've been telling people about CouchBed. I've got it all over my Facebook account. In fact, one of my ex-coworkers asked me to send a picture. When I did, she said it was fabulous so I sent her the whole website. Also, I told my son that I like the bed so much that I’m really thinking of leaving my bed behind and just get two of these. That way, I’ve got a sitting area that flips into a sleeping area.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Returned the couchbed and FedEx Tracking shows delivered. I have yet to see a refund or email stating that it was received. When I tried to call the 800 # I got no answer and left a VM message. I never received a callback and it's been several days. Horrible customer service.

Hello

I just did a search and we don't have any emails from you, please email support@couchbed.com and we will refund your order as soon as you provide us with the tracking information showing it was delivered back to us

Original review: July 23, 2018

We bought a CouchBed unit as its design allowed us to use it in our RV. We did that online and we got their biggest one, which was a queen, and we got it in charcoal. It would have been nice if they had a bigger option, like a king size, or one that is a better version of it. We were worried that the unit wouldn't come in time for our trip but then it came a couple of weeks ahead of schedule. We then installed it in the RV. We use it as a couch and then we'd flip it over and roll the back like a pinch and we'd use it as a bed. It's a super easy operation. It’s very convenient for that because it's self-supporting, so we don’t need to have a frame and that's really helpful for our RV.

Furthermore, the unit is soft and firm. It's a memory foam-type of thing. I was worried that it would be squishy like bean bag chairs where we'd sit and we'd end up sitting on the floor essentially, but it's supportive, which is good. However we can still feel separation where the hinges are and feel that it's two different pieces. Still, for the money and what we we out of it, it’s a good-valued product. We're planning to get two smaller ones. If people for something that's easily convertible and doesn’t take up a lot of space, I recommend CouchBed.

Original review: July 22, 2018

The website is pretty simple to navigate, and ordering was easy. I purchased a grey queen sized couched and a frame to go with it. I had to wait quite a while to actually receive my Couch Bed (about a month from order date), and longer still to get the frame (about two months from order date), but I was fine with that since I was informed of the waits when I was placing my order. While I was waiting I reached out to customer service both via phone call and through FaceBook messaging for updates. Using both methods I got quick and helpful replies and answers. I also got relevant updates emailed to me, which was appreciated.

The couch bed itself is pretty nice. It's very comfortable for both a couch and a bed. My wife and I have both dozed off on it unintentionally, because it's just that comfortable. The transitioning from a bed to a couch or vice versa is exactly as easy as the promo materials make it look. It takes seconds and little effort. I was worried that the stitching around the moveable parts would be weak and possibly tear, but they seem solid. I didn't pull excessively on them or anything, but I did drag the couch bed in and out of rooms with no audible or visual stress on those seams. All seems well! I do worry about possible future sagging of the couch bed, specifically where people do the sitting, but I can't comment on that until I've had it for much longer. I've had it for about two months now with near daily use and I haven't noticed and sagging or loss of form.

Now the frame. I wish I had as many nice things to say about the frame. Here's one: It's easy to put together. Literally all you must do is screw in the feet and then set it upright. Unfortunately, the feet seem to be made from some softwood rather than a hardwood so when you go to flip the frame to be upright, you have to lift it completely off the ground and rotate it. You'll likely need two people. If you try to just tilt the entire frame to flip it upright, you can hear the wood in the feet groan and crack under the weight and pressure. I think a lot of people will accidentally break the feet off their new couch bed frames because of this. I nearly did. The frame looks nice enough, and the poseable parts that pull out for conversion into a bed works great. The downside is pushing those poseable parts back in for converting into a couch does not work as great.

These poseable parts are supposed to be flush against the frame when in couch form. The back of the poseable parts simply hang too low and hit the back brace instead of sliding in above the brace as intended. Thus, there is always a gap in the frame in couch form unless I remove the couch bed, get underneath the back of the frame to push the poseable pieces up as I slide them in. This is the only way to make them go into their correct position. More than annoying if you ask me. You can see what I mean by this gap in my photos. My summary is simple: The couch bed itself seems to be a great product, but I would wait to buy the frame for the couch bed until it is tweaked to be more durable and reliable.

Original review: July 22, 2018

We moved houses and are without a fourth bedroom for guests so getting a CouchBed was an option for when people come to visit. We ordered a blue queen size on the website and the process was straightforward. But the color isn't very true to what the website said and you can only do so much as far as seeing what they post. The color is more of a blue denim versus a navy blue which was what I was led to believe so that was a bit disappointing. There are no returns either, unless the product is defective. I was shocked at that. I wasn't really happy with the color but my daughter is. The CouchBed is also way too low for me when I try to sit on it. But the kids have been on it and it's comfortable when we pull it out for sleeping. It is a decent product. It was relatively inexpensive and it fulfilled the need. And if you've got limited space, it works very well.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I ordered the couch bed for my teenage son to use in a spare room, mainly for him and his friends while they play video games. They love it and they were practically giddy about the pillows! I didnt notice any smell like I had seen in some reviews. We had no issues at all. I actually use it as a reading couch when no one is home. So happy we got it!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I wanted something that was like a futon but not really a futon and CouchBed popped up in Google. We've got a Murphy bed in the office for my guests and then it totally broke, so I got this one instead. Ordering our CouchBed was easy and I did it online. I put my credit card in there and then it came within two or three days. It is the blue color queen size one. I have never slept on it, but it is not very comfortable to sit on. My kids like it, though, and they sit on it. They watch TV in there. Also, it was pretty affordable. It was pretty good because it is memory foam. A memory foam queen size mattress itself is usually around a 1000 bucks, and I got the whole couch for basically half that. It's a better alternative to a futon. Overall, I'm satisfied.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have an unusual small loft space that needed something creative and funky. I ran across some ad on Facebook and started to order a CouchBed from there because it was on sale. But a few hours later, it went off sale. I got in touch with a representative who was professional, timely and helpful. And when they were willing to extend the offer by a smidgen since I had just missed it, I ultimately wound up ordering the queen size CouchBed through the company's website. Their website is good and I liked the fun and quirky feel of it. Purchasing a CouchBed should be a ton of fun, more innovative and interesting, and they really build on that well. But I had to dig for the measurements. I would like to see clearer measurements and more pictures on their website. There are four pictures when you click on an item you want to buy but how the product works is such a neat story and those four pictures don't help you imagine how cool it can be.

There was a delay in the production but still, the CouchBed arrived faster than we thought. It was also fun to open up the package with the little tool provided which was a super smart add. It was a tiny package and how big it got became a topic of conversation as well. I've had the CouchBed for two months now and it is exactly what they said and what I hoped it was gonna be. It was money well spent. Every time that my friends come over, I tell them to go up the loft and take a look at the CouchBed and they think it's incredibly cool. I focus on how cool it is to be a couch and a bed and that seems to pique their interest.

Original review: July 19, 2018

We ordered one for our office to have as a spare bed. Our son loved it so much that he said he wanted one to use as his regular bed. Very happy with our purchases!! Would definitely recommend to a friend.

Original review: July 19, 2018

On 6/11/18 I sent a message on FB asking this question: ”Is there anyway to determine when my order will 1. ship and 2. arrive? I know it says "QUEEN WILL BE READY TO SHIP AGAIN ON JUNE 21ST, TWIN WILL BE READY IN JULY, AND WILL SHIP IN ORDER OF ORDERS PLACED.” I ordered a queen on June 2nd. If we don't have it by the first week of July, we will have to buy something else and cancel our order with you. Please advise ASAP.”

I waited 5 hours and got no response. I then called CouchBed at 4:29 EDT and spoke to Dana. Dana again told me that the beds should start shipping the 3rd week of this month. I told her that the website said they would start shipping on 6/21 and asked her if there was a way she could tell me where my order was in the order queue - whether my order would be going out close to June 21st or if it was further down the queue. And if it were further down the queue, give me an estimate as to when it might ship. I told her we bought the bed for a specific reason and if we did not get it by the first week of July that we would have to buy something else and cancel our order. She said she couldn’t help me but to email support@couchbed.com and they could give me that information.

Fortunately support was able to help me. After I received my CouchBed, I sent an email to support with a pictures. 1 was showing the damaged box that it came in and the other was the CouchBed. I asked if the material was supposed to be that loose, They responded immediately and said, "No, but it takes awhile for it to fill out." It has been a few weeks now and the material is still as loose. The saving grace is that it is pretty comfortable. The "gap" can be felt when it is being used as a bed but it is better than an air mattress.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The bed is the perfect size for me (twin size) and is perfectly firm! Super easy to convert and I love the dark grey color! The bamboo pillows are amazing as well and the fact they were free is so awesome! I've had many nights of amazing sleep since receiving the bed and pillows!

Original review: July 18, 2018

I have already referred friends to how I got my Couchbed. It fits my current lifestyle to the “T”. My Couchbed is literally a couch part time and a bed part time. I am looking very forward to getting my frame too!! Thanks Couchbed.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Love the couch bed!! I bought this for my daughters dorm & the twin size fits perfectly!! She is very excited about starting her new year in college & having the couch bed to kick back on after classes is perfect!

Original review: July 18, 2018

My son turned 21 and he had been wanting to give his room a little more space, so we purchased a bed from CouchBed. It was the queen and it was gray. The process of ordering was super easy and the communication I received after my purchase has been good. We let the CouchBed expand for least 12 hours or even longer. The bed is good and the cost is comparable. I would definitely tell my friends to consider purchasing one.

Original review: July 17, 2018

The bed & frame are up & functioning. Directions for changing from delivered bed to a couch were unclear; pictures & arrows would help. Assembling the frame was a nightmare. It seemed easy, but pre-assembled bolts fell out of holes, an electric drill was required as well as figuring out exactly how to repair & reassemble it. The slats are firm, but care is needed to make the right pair fit evenly with the left pair. But we will mostly use it as a couch, so it won’t happen often. I think it will become a worthwhile purchase.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I loved the idea and concept behind that couch bed, I ordered it only to find out that it would not work for what I needed it for. I did return the product and that process was seamless and not painful at all. I wish I could have kept it for something else but everything about this product was great.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I’m building a house in Phoenix and I’m from Seattle. I ordered a gray queen size CouchBed online and navigating through their website seemed okay. The box was delivered on the last week of June but I didn’t get here until July 1st. I took it out of the box on July 2nd and I asked about returning it immediately. The material was all wrinkled and the CouchBed looked like it has been used. I let them know about that but the communication with the reps was not good. It took them two days to respond to my questions about returning it and they said I could ship it back at my own expense.

My experience with CouchBed was not good and I’m terribly disappointed in the quality. Also, it’s a mattress that expands when you take it out of the box. And once you undo a mattress like that, there’s no way to get it back in the box. The CouchBed is just sitting here, it looks hideous and I’m stuck with something that I absolutely hate. I’m sitting here trying to decide what to do with it because I talked to UPS and it would cost between $400 and $600 to have it boxed up and shipped back. It would cost more to return it than I’d paid for it and I’m not spending any more money on it.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The CouchBed is practical and I’m able to get two things out of it while utilizing one space. I ordered a charcoal, queen-sized one. The ordering process was good, but the CouchBed was six-weeks out on backorder. Their website said delivery would take four to six days, but once they processed the order, it took about four weeks to arrive. I received no communication after the purchase and it was hard to talk to them. When I contacted them on Facebook, they said they would be right back. I got one response.

Unboxing the CouchBed was simple and it expanded in 20 seconds. I've had it for two weeks and I like that it’s firm. It’s my primary bed and I've slept very well on it. The CouchBed is sturdy, but the line that you lay on, where it folds over, makes a dip because of the weight and it feels like it’s coming apart. They need to tighten up the line where it folds over and opens.

Hi Edwardo

We had it in the product description in big red letters that the CHarcoal QUeen size were on backorder and we had the estimated ship date for that particular item.

CouchBed expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

More comfortable and stylish than a traditional futon, CouchBed combines two pieces of furniture in one. It is a mattress that converts into a couch. Use CouchBed in your home, apartment, guest bedroom, playroom or dorm. Prices start at $299 and come with two free bamboo pillows.

• Cool-gel technology: All CouchBeds are infused with cool-gel to ensure a comfortable sleep temperature. The mattress won’t feel cold–the cool-gel technology simply means your CouchBed won’t get hot as you sleep on it.

• As comfortable as a mattress: Unlike traditional futons that are more functional than comfortable, CouchBeds are designed to be used as your every night mattress. They have the added functionality of doubling as a couch when you aren’t sleeping.

• Free shipping: CouchBed ships their products for free from either California or Arizona using FedEx. Expect to receive your CouchBed within 1-6 business days after ordering it. (Weekend orders ship on Monday.)

• Standard bed dimensions: The CouchBed comes in two sizes: twin and queen. These are the same standard dimensions as other mattresses, so you can use regular fitted sheets on them.

• Eco-friendly: All CouchBeds are made from environmentally friendly materials, so you can rest assured that your family and guests are safe when they sit or lay down.

• Best for: people who want a multi-functional couch that can be easily turned into a bed.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

CouchBed Company Information