2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5

With the functionality of two pieces of furniture in one, CouchBed is a cool-gel memory foam mattress that flips into a modern couch in seconds. CouchBed is the ideal solution for playrooms, guest areas, man cave, or your every night mattress.

Made with 10", 100% CertiPur memory foam, the CouchBed is also infused with coo-gel so it won't get hot like traditional memory foam. CouchBed comes in five colors (charcoal, blue, black, red and limestone), two sizes (queen and twin), and starts at $349.99.

We offer free shipping directly to your door via FedEx in an easy-to-handle box. All CouchBed's include a 10-year warranty

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

CouchBed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CouchBed?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CouchBed?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Just wanted to let you know we received our CouchBed platform last week, and we love it. Just as the CouchBed itself, the platform is a well-engineered, well-constructed piece that we expect to have in our home for a very long time. We were pleasantly surprised that the only assembly required was to very easily hand-screw the legs on, no screwdriver required. The wood, joints, and hinges are very solid, and it has a smooth, coated finish instead of bare wood. With the added platform the transition from couch to bed is still quite literally less than 2 minutes and easily a one-person job. And, bonus! We now have additional storage space under the platform.

With the CouchBed, I can utilize our spare room as the art space I've longed for, yet still very comfortably accommodate overnight guests without feeling the embarrassment of providing them an inflatable mattress or uncomfortable traditional foldout couch to sleep on. I have never met a convertible couch that I liked until now. Kudos to you for holding the line on quality while addressing the production issues you experienced in filling your orders. I was uncertain I'd be able to say this, but now that I have the platform, it was worth the wait.

CouchBed response

Hello, We are pleased to know you are enjoying your CouchBed Purchase.

The CouchBed Team

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I had a guest coming to visit and a room with no bed in it. The reviews said that CouchBed was comfortable as a bed, and there was a video review I saw that it was easy to move around from room to room. It was also simple to move it from a couch to a bed. The guy brought it in the house, which was nice. After I took it out of the box, I saw that there was a piece of paper that said how to take it out of the box, and I thought that that should’ve been on the outside of the box. I let it expand for a full day, and then I put it in a couch position. We had to air out the room for about three days before it didn’t smell. I’m a big fan of the bed, and my guest said it was super comfortable. We also liked how it looked for our meditation room. It's pretty easy to lay it flat, though it’s a little bit of an ordeal to make it into a bed with the mattress, topper and the sheets. I also like that it doesn’t have to move away from the wall to do that.

CouchBed response

Hello, We are excited to hear that you are happy with your CouchBed.

-The CouchBed Team

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

CouchBed was affordable and it suited what I needed at that moment. The website was user-friendly, plus the size and the reviews that I had read were pretty good. Ordering was pretty straightforward and simple. I got the email right after from this purchase and then a couple days later, I got the tracking information for the purchase. Unboxing was pretty easy also. CouchBed provided the box that it was in that came on with it. For the bag portion, you split that open and lay it out, open and let it breathe. We let it breathe overnight before we used it.

CouchBed is the first one that I've used that has a dual purpose. It's a twin black one that's in our front room, and it's used in a nightly basis. My sister uses it and she told me it's comfortable. She has it out in the morning and towards the night, we put the blankets on it and then make it into a bed. Then in the morning, she makes it up and puts it into the couch form. It probably takes all of five minutes to do. It fits perfectly against the wall where we have it. It's a little pricey, but it's worth its price. For its usability, it's the best of both worlds. You got a bed and a couch during the day.

CouchBed response

Hello, We are excited to hear this, as we strive to make things easy for our customers.

The couchBed Team

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I needed an extra, low profile couch that guests could sleep on and bought a CouchBed. I got the twin with the gray color. Ordering was easy and it came in about three days, which was quick. The unboxing was easy too. You just pull it out of the box, undo the plastic, and it forms. I have it laid out in my studio as a regular couch but if I have guests over, then I put it into a bed. Transitioning is not that difficult.

If it was just the mattress, it’s kinda comfy, but if it’s in the couch form, it’s uncomfortable. I turned it the opposite way and had the other part lean against the wall so I have more room for my back at a certain angle that doesn’t feel super uncomfortable. The cost in relation to the quality is fair, but I feel like it could have been a $100 less. I would recommend CouchBed to someone looking for something that is easy to put away and move around.

CouchBed response

We are excited you are enjoying your CouchBed!!

Thank you for the feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our products.

The CouchBed Team

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

We will be traveling and we will be converting a bus into our tiny home. We found Couchbed and it fits the application. We went online and asked them if they give a veteran's discount. But we didn't wanna wait and by the time they got back with the code, we already bought it so I never got my discount. Their price is fair though. The bed has been delivered and sometime next week, we will install it and will see what it's like. If we like it, we plan on buying a couple more for our home. I would recommend them.

CouchBed response

Hello, Our Apologies for not getting you that coupon in a timely manner. We appreciate and value your feedback. We will also like to credited you back the refund of the Military discount.

The CouchBed Team

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

When this product is unfolded into a "bed" the gap between seat and back (full size) was about two inches. NOT comfortable at all to sleep on when there is a deep hold down the middle of the bed. Calls to customer service were not returned. Website claims sleeping on gap is a non issue since the cover fits so well? Cover? The "Cover" is too large for the bed and does not hold the bed together when opened. And forget about sitting on it as a couch! The seat area is way too narrow and the back "support" is very uncomfortable. It's not even close to ten inches when fully expanded, either. Shame on YOU Couchbed! Promised a refund after two weeks of back and forth emails from nameless people at the company and have yet to see the $. Don't waste your $.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Even if I am not happy with the product, I am told I am responsible to return the product. The shipping cost is almost the same amount of the refund I would get. The product I want to return is the overpriced platform that is not even work smoothly for $300. It is made of cheap wood. I bought a bed from tuft and needle and you can return the bed to them free of charge if you are unhappy with the bed.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I bought the Couch Bed and think it's worth the purchase only if you can afford the platform. Otherwise the couch/bed is too low. There is a small slit in the mattress where it was cut to flip into the couch but it doesn't bother me and if it bothers you, just laying a thick quilt or blanket on the top will do the trick. I did and still do have some issues with the frame. It came with screw marks in the wood as if the legs had been used already and there were nicks in some of the wood. Also, when pulling out the front part that turns it into a queen platform, it's slightly uneven (not in how the mattress lays on it but in length).

These are minor cosmetic issues but when you buy something new you expect it to be in perfect shape. They don't pay for return shipping and even if they did I didn't think it was worth the effort to send back and told them to just send me a couple mattress covers instead of going through all the hassle. This is where the "family" business shows. As I am writing this review, the phone is ringing and nobody is picking up. No way to leave a message. Ah... voicemail is free. These leaves e-mail as the only way to contact them. When I emailed about the frame I was told that they would send me a cover instead of doing a full return of the frame. They never sent it and they never responded to two other follow up e-mails. I work in customer service and I can tell you that this is the kind of stupid mistakes that destroy a good business.

So my recommendation is to buy the product (with platform); but you also need to be aware that after they ship your order, service will be patchy afterwards. Also they are out of certain products all the time, which is another sign they need to get their act together. One last thing, the mattress is firm but I hear that's typical for memory foam. I did buy a mattress topper to make it a bit softer and it's a lot nicer. I will updated my rating if they ever get back to me, but I have a feeling that I'll never hear from them again.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Delivery was timely, easy to open box. Unfortunately the gap between seat and back (full size) was so uncomfortable my guests were unable to sleep on it! I’ve tried writing and calling the company’s number but no answer - not even answering machine. Website claims sleeping on gap is a non issue since the cover fits so well? Is this the cover that comes with it? Or an additional one I need to purchase. I’m SO disappointed, feel deceived especially since there appears to be no one to speak with? I’m afraid I’ve wasted $450. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I had high hopes for this unit to be used in a den. I was very disappointed in the pad itself as the cover was very loose on the foam. It never did tighten up. The worst part though is the unit is downright uncomfortable. The back rest is stiff as a board. I cant even sit in it for a few minutes. I tried calling the company and no answer. I also emailed them because prior to receiving there was a shipping issue. No reply.

CouchBed author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

CouchBed combines two pieces of furniture in one. CouchBeds feature a multilayer design for ultimate comfort and support. CouchBeds are free of ozone depleters, formaldehyde, mercury, lead or heavy metals and meet CertiPUR-US standards for content, emissions and durability. Shop online and get free shipping in the United States.

• Mattress pricing: CouchBeds start at around $350.

• Types of mattresses: CouchBed makes all memory foam mattresses with ultradense memory foam. All CouchBeds are infused with cool gel to ensure a comfortable sleep temperature. The hinged cover easily folds from a couch to a mattress in seconds.

• Trial period: CouchBed accepts returns up to 30 days from the date of purchase.

• Warranty: Customers enjoy a 10-year warranty.

• Additional products: Platforms, pillows and cover blankets are also available.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

CouchBed Company Information