Find a Mattress Brands partner

Help me decide

4.1/5 (155 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About CouchBed

With the functionality of two pieces of furniture in one, CouchBed is a cool-gel memory foam mattress that flips into a modern couch in seconds. CouchBed is the ideal solution for playrooms, guest areas, man cave, or your every night mattress.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

CouchBed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CouchBed?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CouchBed?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

The CouchBed was good at first. But after laying on it for so many days in a row it flattens. It is very uncomfortable almost like it is turning into a couch underneath you. Very awful I would say. I am very disappointed.

Hi Ian

I'm very sorry you are having an issue with the CouchBed. The good news is that the integrity of the memory foam is covered by our 10 year warranty, please email us so we can get this resolved for you

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I ordered a queen CouchBed in December 2018 around the holidays. My credit card was charged and I received a confirmation email that said the bed was being prepped for shipping and that I would get another email when it shipped. It's been 6 weeks now and I've heard nothing from the company. I've tried contacting them multiple times through several channels and have gotten no response.

Hi Mike

I'm so sorry no one responded to you, please give me your order number or email you used to contact us and I will see what happened here

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I was looking for a pull-out bed and I came across the CouchBed. I thought it would be a perfect solution for our playroom for our kids and that would turn into a bed for someone who would come and stay with us. I ordered the light gray queen-size CouchBed online which was super easy. It took me just a few minutes to do it. The delivery then came earlier than I was expecting. My sister-in-law unboxed the CouchBed and she said it was pretty easy. It was heavy but that was to be expected. It expanded in less than a couple of hours. The CouchBed is a little bit firmer than I thought it was going to be. We have a Purple mattress which is supposed to be pretty firm. But the CouchBed is much firmer, so it’s not the most comfortable bed but it’s doable.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We were buying a new house and looking for some things to put into one of the extra rooms, and it seemed to be good timing that we saw a pop-up ad of CouchBed on Facebook. When we bought one about six months ago, the delivery was fine. However, the website could’ve used a little bit of a better interface for the purchase. The punch-out for putting in your payment was a little bit of a challenge. Also, I was a little bit disappointed because when I had been looking at the CouchBed, their website indicated that they were gonna have the platform base for it available very soon and that has not been the case. They just released them from back-order this month. So, we’ve had the CouchBed on the floor for all that time, which is how most people use it. And since we’ve had the CouchBed that way this long, we will not buy the platform especially that it looks like they’re charging almost as much as the couch for the platform.

It's not a very comfortable couch to sit on too. The back is very upright with it sitting on the floor. I would not make the same purchase again. It was around $500 for a queen size and for that cost, I should probably go buy a decent couch without it having to sit on the floor. I would tell my friends who would ask me about CouchBed to keep looking.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I am a college student living in a 4 bedroom house, so naturally my room is rather small. I bought the CouchBed so that I could have some more space in my room when I want it. The gap in the mattress is noticeable first of all, a lot of reviews say else wise and that's nonsense. Also, I feel that the mattress could be softer but it strikes a necessary balance in order to be soft but also function as a couch and keep its form. My only reason for discontent with the softness is the price. I paid 450 for my couch bed after finding a 10% discount code on a reviewer's website, which is enough to buy two nice memory foam mattresses that don't fold into couches and would probably be softer.

All in all, now that I've had the couchbed for a few months, I'll say I'm satisfied on the whole, but just know that the price is severely inflated over other similar softness mattresses for the couch gimmick. I went and bought a down mattress topper to make the surface less abruptly firm, after which I could not feel the gap anymore. I plan to buy a couple inches of memory foam padding to put in between the bed and down mattress topper. Unfortunately, the added layers required to make the mattress softer work in direct opposition to actually be able to easily fold up into couch mode without disassembly of your padding. So, this bed is its own worst enemy in its dual functionality, with neither mode being great on its own.

If you came here because you were shopping for a real bed and liked the couch thing, I would advise you to just go buy a real bed for half the price that will have superior quality. If you are shopping for a space management solution for a small living space, then you may consider this mattress. Probably a good guest bed, makes for an ugly couch in your guest room if you can't commit to the couchbed's minimal aesthetic.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We love our couch bed. It’s so comfy and functional. Way better than any futon. Our only complaint is that we dislike the blue color. It doesn’t look like the color online. We waited longer to get the blue but are so disappointed with the color. Originally I was calling to order a swatch sample but they don’t provide them. Providing a swatch would have guaranteed ordering a color we like. Otherwise it’s an amazing product and I would give it 5 stars.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We absolutely LOVE our CouchBed! We ordered the queen size in grey and it looks absolutely beautiful in our guest/playroom. After placing our online order, product was shipped in a timely manner and we had it almost a week later. The cover is so easy to take off and wash - which is necessary with two toddlers. Everyone that has stayed over said they loved sleeping on it. Will be purchasing another soon for our kids room!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We are in transition right now since we're building our house and we live in a small place. We put everything in storage, so we needed something to sleep on and that would function as a couch as well. We were dead set on getting a sleep couch that we turn into a bed and we coudn't do it, so we hurt our back too much. Then I was able to purchase 2 CouchBeds. We got a blue twin size and a charcoal queen size. The online ordering and check-out process was fine too. One time, I asked them on Facebook a question about when the platforms would be in and they responded immediately. I would like the platforms to be cheaper, though, as I would love to have one. Still, the cost of the product in relation to the quality is perfect. When the CouchBeds arrived, I couldn't believe they were gonna take a little container. Then they took a couple of hours to be expanded, which was hardly any time. We also find them very much comfortable. So, we love CouchBed.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I like the CouchBed as it is the right size for the room, very comfortable and very easy on the wallet. It is easy to fold into a couch and unfold into a bed. It is great for my office if I need a place to rest while I work. It is also great if company stays over and I need a quick place for them to stay. My son also loves the CouchBed!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

CouchBed is so comfortable and sleek! It’s perfect for my son's playroom. He can climb on it without getting hurt and guests can still use it as a bed! It’s better than any futon I looked at! The memory foam is very comfortable!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I bought the queen CouchBed thinking it was going to be a bit taller and less like a cushion on the floor. When I tried to return it, I was told to wait because the platform would be in stock or if I wanted to return it, it was on me. I feel like buying this was taking a chance so there should be a better recourse for those who do want to return it and not bear the high shipping costs and burden of taking it to a shipping store. I ended up selling it for less than half of what I bought it for. It was just an all out disappointment.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I needed something that was unbreakable for my house specification rental. I got a gray, queen size CouchBed thinking that it wouldn't break since I've had futons that have been broken by my guests. The overall purchase and check-out process was very easy. The only thing about the CouchBed is that its profile is very low so it doesn't really look like a couch. But its purpose is to be more of a bed than a couch, so it works fine. My grandkids love it too. Also, I like the cost in relation to the quality. I had a great experience with CouchBed.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I was browsing through the internet and I was looking for a sofa bed. CouchBed looked like something which was different from the traditional style. It looked very attractive and I just liked it. I bought it and was shipped to me on time. The overall quality of the CouchBed is actually very good. I use it more like a living room sofa. I spend a lot of time on it and it’s pretty comfortable. Almost everyone who comes to my place really likes it too. I like the quality of CouchBed and it wasn’t more expensive than the other things I see around.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I ordered from CouchBed and paid them $500. Navigating through their website was simple and fairly easy since they really don’t have a lot of products. I like the style of their product and thought it would be convenient, but it was not. I checked with CouchBed twice before the couch was delivered to make sure that it was delivered to the door and not my apartment office, but they didn't do that. So, I had to walk the couch bed all the way across my complex at least seven times. It was also overpriced and it’s not as comfortable as I thought it would be.

Another was that I never got my memory pillow and it's supposed to come with my CouchBed. Originally, when I was first gonna order the couch bed, it said it was to come with two bedroom pillows, but then they changed their promotion. I should have the heating and cooling temperature pillow that was free. I called and requested multiple times. They said it was shipping the pillow separately but I never got anything. I was upset and emailed them at least four times about my pillow, but I’ve never received a response.

I’m about to throw the CouchBed away because my roommate’s cat peed all over it unless I could possibly get new bedding from them. I know there’s a warranty on this product but CouchBed wouldn’t cover under that. The only thing that they would cover is if my couch is slacking from wear and tear due to laying on it. But as far as stains, they wouldn’t replace it, which I understand. But it wasn’t really my fault. One of the things I thought about was possibly keeping my CouchBed and just replacing the bedding for it. But I don’t see that for sale on the website.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I live in an apartment and I purchased my CouchBed for my style and what I need. Plus it had good reviews. It’s a twin and it’s light gray, and it expanded pretty much right away. It’s very comfy and it looks like it will last a long time. It’s exceptional and I love it.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Purchased a CouchBed with the frame. No frame was ever shipped... Company gives excuses every month as to why they have not shipped the frame. Told today that it will be next month (which is what they told me in August, September, October, November and now in December.). So we are at 6 months as of December 2018. Now they say - just ship it back... Well, when you receive these couches; they are small vacuum sealed boxes that are easy to carry. Then when you open them; they expand like too much yeast in a cake where 1 person cannot carry much less put in a box to send back. So; I asked them to send me a box and shipping labels for the sofa. I have now been told that we have exceeded the 30 day return policy. We are now going to arbitration via my credit card back-charge... DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! They do not have it together!

Hi Jim

We are very sorry for the delay with the platforms but we finally have them made and they are shipping January 15th. We could have processed a refund for you at any time but you opened a chargeback with your bank before contacting us so our hands are tied.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I got the red twin CouchBed as it looked like exactly what my son would need as an extra bed in his dorm. My son loves it and he says it’s the best purchase he has up in his dorm. The one thing I thought, which I couldn't tell from the website, was that on the twin, the seating is not so great for an adult. It worked out fine for him, but if I had been buying it as an extra piece for my house, I would have been annoyed. Still, it’s serving its purpose and he’s thrilled, so I’m happy.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I saw a demo on Instagram and CouchBed seemed like a nice concept rather than getting a futon for my kids. When they are in their room, they could flip it to a sofa. I ordered the CouchBed for my son, then I came back to order the frame. I ordered two frames and another bed and I received the bed in a timely fashion, but I never received the frames, so I recently canceled the order for the frames. The beds I purchased were queen sized. One was gray and the other one was black, but I'm not happy since we don't have a frame. I just have a mattress on the floor right now. I have not had a chance to reach out. They told me I had to donate their mattress and they’ll refund me, but I haven't had a chance to take care of that because I have to buy another bed for my kids.

The process of ordering the CouchBed and the frame was easy. I just went to their website and placed the order. Whenever I called in and canceled the order for the frame, it went smoothly. My kids like the CouchBed. They say it is comfortable, although it is sitting on the floor and they don't get the best use. When they flip it out, it is lower than their desk and the TV. I am very dissatisfied.

CouchBed response

Hi Joseph the platforms are finally done and will be shipping January 15th. Glad to hear your kids like the CouchBed, the platforms are back on the website now if you would like to reorder one

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I looked into a small apartment and I needed something for it that's smaller. I saw CouchBed on Youtube. I ordered a single CouchBed that's red and the process was very easy. At the time, though, I didn't know if I should buy the platform for it or not as there were no pictures or any Youtube videos about that. I called them about the platform and they responded timely. They called in and said they were working on that. So, I didn't buy the platform because I wanted to make sure I knew exactly how it worked. It would have been helpful if they have some pictures of the platform, but I've seen the Youtube video since and I wouldn't have wanted that, anyway. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with CouchBed. The quality of the item is really good.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I was digging around online looking for futons. CouchBed looked neat and I got a queen size from them. The ordering process was really easy. Also, for the cost, the product is of fair quality. However, if we're gonna try and sleep on it every night, it would suck. Nevertheless, what purpose I use it for, it’s excellent because it’s more space in case we have multiple guests.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Our house was undergoing some remodeling, and I didn’t have a spare bedroom. I bought a CouchBed so that I could have a spare bed for my niece who was staying here at that time. The ordering process was pretty simple. I read through the comments that somebody regretfully didn't get the frame with it so I got one. The bed was brought to me quick. The frame have been backordered but it was efficient. The bed will go in my basement fine. I think it was a great solution for my problem. It’s kind of a flip bed, flip chairs. It’s utilitarian. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I like the design of CouchBed. My buddy had one and whenever I saw it, it would fit perfectly in my apartment. I ordered my CouchBed and I went on and told them that I wanted it to match my living room theme. Since I have a lot of people coming over and staying with me, I wanted the queen size so they have a place to sleep. After I ordered it, it took a while to come in, but that was my fault 'cause I didn’t see that it was on backorder. I emailed them asking when the CouchBed can be shipped out, and they emailed me back within a few hours. They answered my questions, so it was good.

When I got the CouchBed, I unboxed it, which I was able to do all on my own. I opened it from the package, set it up, and tested it out right then and there. Transitioning from one bed to couch is super simple but the only thing that I'm finding a little difficult now is the space when it's decouched. It's hard to lounge out on it, especially if my girlfriend and I are there. Then whenever I fold it into the bed, the area that goes down sinks into that little crack. I also ordered the platform and with its quality, it was pricey. My friend has his CouchBed without the platform and I thought that it was too low without the platform. Other than that, the CouchBed is very good quality. It's in our downstairs living room and I enjoy it. While you should not waste money on the platform part, the mattress part of the CouchBed is super comfortable and its price is perfect for its quality.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We got a grey twin bed from CouchBed. It was portable, multi-use and good for a playroom bed. I ordered it online. It got delivered when it said it was going to be delivered. It’s designed as a guest room alternative bed and everybody seems to like it. It is the perfect option for a playroom.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We wanted a bed that lets you multifunction and we purchased the queen size charcoal gray CouchBed. The process of ordering that was easy and the communication was good throughout. But when the product was delivered, the box had some problems. The CouchBed itself was fine. But the frame was badly damaged. The latches on the fold-over part for the pull-out bed were broken so I had to re-drill and redo the latch for it.

The mattress is completely soft, which is good, and the CouchBed popped up quickly. We let it expand for a day or two but it didn’t look like it needed that long. As a couch, it's fine. But as a mattress, it's a little more on the hard side than I anticipated. And because of that, you can definitely feel the groove in the fold-over part. So we ended up having to get a mattress topper to sleep on it. There are also some design challenges with the slatted base when swapping from a couch to a bed. But the mattress itself has no issue. All in all, it's a phenomenal product. It's a great bed-couch and we love it. It's perfect. We use it as a guest bed and as a couch. It's been great for our quality of life.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I moved into a really small place and wanted to be able to have company but didn’t have the room for a separate bedroom or a bed. I liked the look of the CouchBed and ordered a slate-colored twin size online. It was super easy. I received an email when it shipped and it showed me exactly when it would be here. I moved from Missouri to Arizona and it came the day that I got here. It was perfect. The packaging was fine and my son easily unboxed it for me. It is also easy to move around, which is another thing that I like about it. He and my granddaughter carried it into the house for me.

I had to sleep on the CouchBed that night and it was very comfortable. After a friend rode with me down here, she stayed for a week so I slept on it every night for a week. Once she left and I slept on the bed in the bedroom, the bed wasn’t terribly comfortable. I slept on the CouchBed several nights after I didn’t need to anymore. My granddaughter also loves sleeping on it. It’s nice that it’s super easy to convert from a couch to a bed. I have a couple of pillows on it and I just remove the pillows, pull up the back and let it fall. It's a great little bed and I would recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I was looking for a small bed for a spare room that could also work for guests, so we could keep it small, not always have a bed out, but also have a mattress available with it. I went online, clicked some buttons, and ordered a queen sized charcoal bed from CouchBed. Check out process was really easy. I got tracking information for my purchase and it arrived within the timeframe they gave me. Unboxing it was super easy as well, I dragged the whole box into the room, fold it out, and left it for a couple of hours, and it flipped up. I got to use it when we had a remodeling happening in our bedroom, and the bed was comfy and I’m happy. You can get a cheap futon for a lot less, but they’re not comfortable. My cousin and her husband slept on it for a week, and they didn’t know it wasn’t a mattress till after I told them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

During the process of ordering the CouchBed, they were going through some new company manufacturing woes. When everything was gonna be delivered, we got two emails about a month apart saying that they won't be ready for another month. And then they said that again the next month. So it took at least three months to get the bed. That was disappointing, but I'm not disappointed in the bed.

When I was unboxing the CouchBed, I read the directions and was very careful not to puncture the inner plastic around the bed itself. I like the idea that the CouchBed is made of the memory foam and I know how comfortable that is. It is very efficient the way it opens up to a bed. I have a queen size bed and it's a denim blue and is much better than the mattress I've had before. It replaced my bed in my master bedroom. I love it and my back feels better with it. It is also great for kids for extra sleeping

Converting from the bed to the couch was very easy to do. I'm a very small person, and I'm able to flip the top to the bottom, and it works fine. However, I don’t like the legs. The holes that were drilled into the wood to screw in the legs were drilled too wide. The front legs are fine, but the ones in the back keep falling off no matter how many times I put them back. They're the ones in the middle for extra support. CouchBed needs a better design for the legs to be connected to the bed. It shouldn’t just be one screw. But other than that, I've had the CouchBed for four months and its quality is excellent. The cost is fair for a queen size bed.

Resolution response: Oct. 22, 2018

I can’t really rate the product yet, as the bed won’t arrive till about end of October or November the gentleman just advised, as the beds were on backorder. I’m just updating my last review. Finally got someone to answer my calls. There are only 4 people answering the phones. He said there is an option to leave a voicemail. I said they need to have it checked, because I’ve never had the option to leave a voicemail on my end. The whole 2 weeks I’ve tried to reach someone by phone and email to no prevail.

They simply need more employees to accommodate buyers nation or worldwide. Clearly it’s hard for them to start a new business that clearly is going to succeed if they can get enough help to respond to emails, calls, and purchases! So realize they're a new small, family owned company, and the demand is great, but not enough employees to address the overwhelming influx of customers on answering calls and emails. Be patient... I’m sure they’re an awesome family and business. Just can’t keep up with the calls, until they get more employees. I’m sure it will all get better! I recommend them, and support them in this new business!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Called several times... Rang and rang. Purchased online, couple months ago, and called over and over, no answer, have not received my bed! Why is it no one answers the phone. No option to leave voicemail! This is bad I can’t even get a hold of anyone! And I used my credit card!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I was trying to replace a futon and I wanted something that I could use as a couch/bed, so I tried to find it online. I called CouchBed to get some information and the person I talked to was helpful. I ordered a queen-sized bed for our vacation house. There were some delays and issues with manufacturing and the frame took longer than I expected. The bed looked like it was ready to go and it could have been used on the day that we got it. The CouchBed is as comfortable or not more than a futon and the quality is fine. However, the supporting legs could use a little strengthening. I put on some additional braces so it wouldn’t collapse under heavy, crazy use by kids. If you use it casually, it wouldn’t be a problem.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I ordered the blue queen size mattress online from CouchBed and I paid through PayPal. I had a little hiccup at first. I ordered the twin bed instead of the queen and I also ordered the queen platform. It was my fault but I caught it before they sent it out. I sent them an email and they did it pretty quickly. But they had the queens on backorder so I had to wait a month. I wanted the black one but they they didn't have it, and I didn't like that. It took a month for my CouchBed to arrive and then it took another month for me to get my platform. The unboxing was pretty easy. They had a little box cutter in there to open up the plastic and it opened right out. Everything was pretty simple to put together.

CouchBed Company Information