1.26/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

322 Dunkin' Donuts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

What did they do to their bagels. Stopped in the Ogdensburg NJ store. Got a bagel with cream cheese because they don't know how to butter a bagel. Opened the wrapper and they downsized it but still charge the same price. Will never again go to DD.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I visited Dunkin' Donuts today and no one was at the counter. There were two cars in line and the employees were more interested in serving the drive thru crowd. I stood there for several minutes and finally an employee came over and said he would be right with me. I waited again and then walked out. I guess Dunkin' didn't want me buying their product today. This has happened several times in the last couple of months. I do receive better service at other locations, but it seems this location is short on help and wants to save money by ignoring the walk-in trade. I don't understand their emphasis on the drive thru crowd. I don't intend on patronizing this location in the future. I think they want their donuts and coffee more than me.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

DD: 243 Quincy Avenue, Quincy, MA 02169. The Sunday crew sucks, at least the Sunday crew on Oct 28, 2018 around 8:30am. The young boy at the window literally looks like he is being FORCED to work there, he didn’t say a word; not a “hi”, not a “you’re welcome”, NOTHING. He just grabbed my card & handed me the food. The bagel at 8am was somehow stale, so they clearly give out old bagels the next morning. The coffee was burnt, & the hashbrowns were solid as a rock. They suck, change your Sunday morning crew Quincy, MA Dunkin Donuts!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

This is the WORST Dunkin EVER. I sat in the lobby and listened to managers and crew members talk about another employee in such a manner that was disgusting and degrading. It caught my attention after the young lady that I can only assume was the topic of their conversation left. The young lady in the blue shirt was going on and on about “her store” and how the one that stopped in should of came to work and helped out in the short staffed morning. I listened as they went on to talk about this person’s lifestyle her life choices and even went as far as “She should just be let go”.

Idk what made these couple young people not like the other girl but they obviously had some hatred towards her. I for one thought she was very friendly. I have had the privilege to be waited on by her and let me say I have never not one time sensed anything off with her or our little conversations while she took my order. Maybe someone should look into all the managers/crew members gossiping about fellow employees. Because what I decided to listen to was NOT ok. I feel for the young lady Julie. I can honestly say that those fellow Dunkin employees have no respect for themselves or that girl.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Store Location:169-95 137th Ave Rochdale Village NY 11434. I ordered a XL large green tea using the to-go app. When I got to the store it was 10:50 am. I ordered approx 15 prior to coming. I go to the area where they keep the to go orders. My order is not there? So I ask where is my tea? They check their computer and it shows no order for my tea. I go into the app to pull up the receipt. My order #146 shows a paid receipt. The supervisor w/ no name tag ask to see the receipt on my phone. I show it to her. She looks and walks away. I’m assume she's making my tea. After watching them serve everyone around me for 15 min I tell them that I’m really upset that I’m still waiting for my tea.

After 30 minutes I step outside and proceed to call the cops because they refused to let me speak to the manager and would not give me his name or a refund. After 1 HOUR and standing outside the manager comes out looks at my receipt. He accuses me of not pressing “ready to pick up button” which I did. The app reminds you to. He then uses my phone to make another on the go order and this time it goes through on their end. We check my transactions in the app. The receipt for the order he did is exactly the same as the one I did. He then issues a refund only for the transaction he put through and not for inconvenience of making me an appointment and being treated rudely and unfairly by his staff.

He gives me the tea. I left there at 11:45 am. Over an hour I dealt with trying to get a $3 tea I paid for. This was not the first time this happened. I frequent at least 8 different DDs and I never have an issue with my on the go order missing except for this location during their morning shift. This happened 3 months ago and the worker in front of a long line of customers tells me that the next time this happens she’s not going to give me my order even though I show a paid receipt. That employee was there and talking about me to the other workers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dunkin' Donuts?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Why don’t your employees EVER repeat my order?? Why don’t they EVER mark the cups??? This is probably why EVERY single time I go, my order is wrong. This morning I asked for an iced coffee with caramel cream and sugar and they gave me pumpkin spice??? Please tell me how you get pumpkin spice from caramel? What if I was allergic to pumpkin spice and I took a drink? ** absurd. Your employees don’t listen and the consistency between your drinks SUCK. I went to the Dunkin' off of Massillon rd and 224 that is connected with the Circle K there. Also the employees are not that nice either.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I frequently visit my local Dunkin' Donuts store located at 2517 Tamiami Trail A, Punta Gorda, FL 33950. I'm always disappointed. No matter what time I visit they are out of whatever I want. Even when I have two or three choices in mind. And I'm sick of them taking great, in demand items off their menus. Plus... don't offer new items if you are out of stock within a few hours. So tired of it. Won't be visiting again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I visited the Dunkin Donuts on 29 in Concord across from the QT. Raiford Drive I believe it is. Anyhow I went in there to order a Iced Coffee and a donut. The staff was very rude and very unprofessional. There was no manager on site and the store lobby was dirty. Needless to say that I won't be going back to that one.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have two tickets in front of me that say I can enjoy any size hot coffee or iced tea for $1 after 11 am excluding cold brew. I went there at 10 pm last night and told them I had a coupon. She said it won't work and scanned it and yes it did not work. If you look at the print under the UPC code it says "this coupon is not a winning game piece". This is deceptive advertising.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

This DD has promotion material all over advertising the Sip Peel Win which is supposed to be on L and XL coffee. I purchased a large coffee two days ago and did not get a chance and again today, same thing purchased a large coffee, nothing. Then I tried the $2 pretzels, never again. Got 4, barely 1" square pretzel bits which were extremely salty and rubbery. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Ordered 2 bacon egg cheese, 2 sausage egg cheese and 2 sausage egg no cheese on toasted croissant from Dunkin' Donuts on 1513-1515 John Fitzgerald Kennedy Blvd, Jersey City, NJ 07305, croissant was not cooked, bacon & sausage very dry like was heated more than once, manager has an attitude doesn't care, even the owner doesn't care about all bad reviews and customer care of DD don't care either. But the question here is what's the solution? If we pay for the food and we get bad food and service I call that rip off.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I entered Dunkin' Donuts on 545 William Floyd Parkway in Shirley on the evening of November 26th, 2017. I was barely seventeen minutes into my meal (two Boston cremes and a soda) when the lady manager came over, and rudely ended my nice Melissa & Doug puppet show I was doing for everyone's entertainment, and threw me out of the place!! I was a legit paying customer. She had no grounds to expel me from this doughnut shop! She gave me this ** that a number of customers had complained about my impromptu thanksgiving comedy. I did not see anyone complaining about my humorous little show!! For a restaurant manager to be that way to a paying customer just because he is doing a charming puppet show is so much unprofessional **!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Went to my local Dunkin' in Mountain Top PA for donuts I promised the kids. And there was flies buzzing all around donut and muffin case. Asked the employee if there was any other donuts available and got a reply that I should have came earlier. After getting that reply and seeing how much the owner really cares about cleanliness I will not be giving them any more of my business.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Went to Dunkin' this morning to get breakfast before work and as I’m leaving I take a bite out of my bacon egg and cheese wake up wrap to come to find out that half the egg was missing. Utterly disgusting.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I went into Dunkin on my lunch break, 3 employees in the store, one making waffle cones, and carrying on a conversation while the other one ran to serve the guest. After 4 min I placed my order. Diet restriction, no bread. I chose a turkey sausage patty and hash browns, the hash browns were tossed in a bag, the worker forgot the sausage, she then made the sausage and tossed it on top of the hash browns. I asked for catsup and a fork. I was offered a knife and nothing more!!! When I got to my table my food was cold, the sausage was like rubber, the hash browns at that point were cold and edges burnt. I took pics and then tossed the food in the trash and walked out.

Original review: July 3, 2018

DUNKIN DONUTS at 216 County Ave, Secaucus, NJ is consistently down on quality. (BURNT COFFEE, CURDLED MILK/CREAM). The last time I made complaint was for curdled cream. I was told it was from SPLENDA. I don't even use SPLENDA. What a load and the list goes on. For the money you pay for Cup of coffee you should get what you pay for good consistent product, not so here. McDonald has better coffee for half the price. Don't waste your time and hard earned money.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Their website doesn't work. You can't add or edit DD card. The people who run the website are incompetent as hell. They can't even fix it. I give up and won't be buying much from Dunkin' now. It's getting overly expensive too. I'll learn to make my own. Probably better for you that way.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have been going to the Dunkin' Donuts in Concord NH address 101 Loudon Rd for over a year now. EVERY DAY and for months now I have been disrespected and harassed by the manager there ** starting with her lying and saying my husband and I are not allowed to request people to make our coffees. Something we did because people there would mess it up. We would wait patiently even to have certain People make it if at the time they were busy. It got to the point where if she saw us coming she would pull people off the register just to prevent this. It has now escalated to her lying. Tell us we could not have our drinks made anymore cause of allergies but both items used are on the menu too.

Now telling us one day she is going to charge us 3 of these drink for the amount of chi I have in it to the next day it being 2 only to prove this to just be her lying. We have walked in to hear her rudely talk about us or how she was going to try to make it so we don't keep coming back. I have never had to deal with such unprofessional people until going to this Dunkin' Donuts. It's now to the point I won't even go in. I sit outside with my children and have my husband go in for us cause I don't want my children around her and the way she speaks to us it has gone so far I'm considering looking into harassment lawsuit against this location if nothing is done about this.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Apex NC Store. Went Friday evening 6.30 pm, 2 coffees one decaf cream and Sweet and Low and 1 regular cream and Sweet and Low, sounds easy... right. She needs us to repeat it 3 times. We wait 10 minutes for 2 cars in front of us and she gets it wrong, I went off at this time. Are you kidding me people, I am surprised after all the reviews I read about this store that DD lets them keep this open. They franchise I realize but it gives DD a bad name and I wont go back, I went to Starbucks the very next day, I'll pay more for good service. And I've called 2 times today and they wont let me talk to the manager, what a store, oh the kid that works in the back was yelling at me through the window and he had nothing at all to do with my order at all. Avoid this store for the sake of your humanity.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I ordered in advance 13 dozen donuts for a company event this morning and I asked for a variety of donuts and when I got back to office and opened the boxes only one dozen were filled donuts out of the 13 and the balance were a few glazed a few chocolate a few with icing and sprinkles. Obviously of 156 donuts more than 12 should have been filled. I should have went to a local bakery or bakery in the grocery store. Very disappointed.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Most of the time they're out of different varieties of donuts. Or the oil is old with them having a nasty taste. Last and final visit got 11 donuts asked for a dozen... I guess that's their baker's dozen.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I love the coffee at Dunkin' Donuts and when I'm traveling or at home I am always looking for a Dunkin' Donuts coffee shop. I moved to Weston Florida 4 months ago to attend school for a new career. I decided to stop in the Dunkin' Donuts near the Mission Barbecue in Weston and the young man behind the counter was training with 1 other person completing the orders. There were about 5 people in line and about 6 people waiting for what they ordered. The customers had to show their receipts to the person making the orders because she couldn't keep up. Both employees were doing the best they could and apologizing for the long wait.

I felt bad for them because they shouldn't have to be put in this position. The owner of this business should be aware of what's going on and it's not the employee's fault. Employers wonder why so many employees quit and the turnover rate with new employees happen. Is it really worth not having additional help and to know that at least 20 people will remember this bad experience? Business owners pay attention.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I am a serious Dunkin coffee regular customer and I suggest the local Long Branch train station NJ store. Danielle, Myesha and Jenn are excellent employees. Always super nice and the coffee is amazing every time. NO complaints here. I do sometimes go to other Dunkin locations but they are never as clean, friendly or hot fresh coffee. AAA☆☆☆☆

Original review: April 12, 2018

I have been a DDPERKS member for a number of years and found out recently that you have stopped the AARP free donut for senior citizens free donut program recently and am very disappointed. I wish you would reconsider implementing it again. I am 86 years old and look forward to my morning donut.

Original review: March 8, 2018

We are Dunkin' Donuts customers for a very long time. A fairly new Dunkin opened up near my home a few years ago Sidney, NY. I use a perks card. I can prove that. I have been having problems with my coffee tasting funny. Sometimes like perfume or skim milk instead of cream. Loaded with too much sugar things like that at first I thought maybe stupidity or hand lotion but then I started to notice only in the mornings. So I started to return them. That's when I noticed the manager always giving me a hard time about returning. From going there so long I have made a few friendly worker friends who told me she has been poking fun at how she puts skim milk in my coffee instead of cream.

Now the lightbulb goes off in my head all the funny tasting coffees I been getting. She has been sabotaging my coffees so I return them or to make us sick. I don't know. When I confronted this to her she told her boss I am a constant returner. Now I am not allowed to return. I called Dunkin main #. They said they are individually owned and I guess the owners are not willing to talk to me and make this right. They don't care about us. They just covering for her I guess. Should I contact the health dept? Friendly employees also told me I'm not the only one she does stuff like this to! Store #351023 Sidney, NY.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I purchased $300 worth of DD gift card about a year ago. While I visited DD daily, I found out they frozen my gift card stating that they had an invalid PIN after I had used them for months with a leftover balance of $155. I made several calls but failed to connect because of their long wait time. I emailed them and DD eventually responded by asking me to call customer service, which took 30 mins but still no solution. A ridiculous reason was provided, and I hang up the call in disbelief. I started making complaint/comment on some social websites. They asked me to call again and gave me the same answer which is unbelievable. I have given up the pursuit and vowed not to give DD any more business, as they can bluntly ceased your paid gift cards with balance well over a hundred dollars. Really bad business practice and customer service.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I was in purchasing coffee as Dunkin' Donuts (Stroudsburg, PA Store #302369 823 Main Street) employees continued talking to their friends and offering them free coffee. The two friends were standing by the register as one of the males repeated talked about killing young children by running them over with his car in the snow as we are experiencing a snow storm at the moment. Rather than asking her friends who were NOT paying customers to refrain from threatening the lives of school children in a place of business, she said nothing. I stated to the employee that what they were saying was very serious and she immediately verbally attacked me and told me that I should take it as a joke. Then the two men began shouting across the store at me, joining in with the employee.

Then the "manager" came in with a disgruntled look on her face. She kept yelling asking me what happened and once again, she defended the man for his comments about killing children with his car. I told her that she ought to be objective despite them being her friends and she screamed in my face that they were not her friends. I asked for the owner's information and she got even more angry and actually asked me to get out. I was appalled! I have been coming here for years even before these unprofessional, incompetent workers were employed there.

People like these friends of theirs are the reason many young children die from vehicular manslaughter. And these workers believe that it is ok to verbally attack a paying customer who is in the right. I will never spend another dime in that place nor will any friend or family member of mine. TWO THUMBS DOWN! Starbucks is a much better environment, I will be encouraging every to dine/drink there instead.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

3 very rude employees! I attempted to buy donuts at my local Dunkin Donuts store. Since I apparently parked in the wrong parking spot I got major attitude. The female employee was rude and refused to sell me donuts. I left immediately, I don’t recommend the Rice St. Dunkin Donuts in St. Paul Minnesota.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

This is the second time I’ve visited this Dunkin' Donuts and will not be back again. The service is beyond poor, very unfriendly employees, no "Hi", "Thank you", "Welcome"! In fact nothing. The food was not good either, burnt hash browns and overcooked croissant, and my son who btw been sick with Stomach flu first time he gets to eat and they got his order wrong we order egg, sausage on biscuit (we got a croissant , sausage, egg with cheese). If this was my company or franchise I’d look into some retraining of employees on food prep and customer relation skills.

Resolution response: Feb. 6, 2018

Great news. I reached out to another person at Dunkin Donuts and resolved the issue. Not sure how I had a totally different email sign in and that us where my money was. Thanks Marisol for all your help

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We've been going to Dunkin’ Donuts for several years and use their rewards program and have loaded numerous gift cards to our account. Recently this holiday season I load it several gift cards as well as the Masterpass bonus of $10 as well as a bonus of $10 when I ordered a $20 gift card. Subsequently going in at a later date there is no money on my account. It was about $50. Yes. I've made several attempts to call Dunkin’ Donuts and have been in the hold for over an hour and then either it was too late and no one came to the phone after 7 or the phone hung up. This is without a doubt one of the worst customer service companies I've ever dealt with and frankly I thought they were a national company.

I think the owner's the only one that answered the phone and he's not doing that or she. At this point I need some help in resolving this. They got back to me subsequently by email saying we have no money on her account. Well I know that already because it doesn't show any but we didn't use all $50. Maybe one or two coffees. Something's going on with this company and it's not good.

Dunkin' Donuts Company Information