Dunkin' Donuts

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On the way to work I stopped for a large coffee at the nearest Dunkin Donuts. I went inside and ordered a large Caramel Macchiato from the counter. The staff member stated the other person in the store would wait on me but she was busy at the window filling orders. He finally went to the cash register and took my order. I was asked if I wanted beer or tequila flavoring in my coffee. I stated I did not believe that was a good idea when I was heading to my job at the hospital (I was wearing scrubs). The coffee I paid $4.90 for was a plain iced coffee with NO caramel or sweetener. After arriving at work and taking a couple of sips I threw the coffee down the sink telling my co-workers what had happened. To be honest the employee seemed to be drunk or high on something. What a horrible experience!

I visit Dunkin' Dunuts everyday. I am self employed, so I stop in different locations throughout the week. The location on Candler Road in Decatur, GA. is ALWAYS bad. I don't understand it! They have enough people working there to take care of you, but it seems customers are a bother! We are getting in the way of their cleaning! It's amazing how much they don't care if you have to wait. It doesn't matter if there are 5 people in line or only 1. The thing that pisses me off the most is when several employees behind the counter walk past you and don't even acknowledge you are standing there! Today, as I was the only 1 at the counter, 3 people walked by, noticed I was waiting to purchase, and kept walking! Not even a "hello"! This location is the worst I have seen. Can't understand why service is so bad! I will definitely take this location off my list. Pathetic!

Store: 3303 Monument Road 32225. Avoid at all costs! Ordered a dozen bagels not sliced or toasted. He asked me to step aside. Took 2 other orders and gave them their food. He told another guy to get my bagels, the other guy told him he could not. I told him "you have taken 2 orders and I'm still standing here. Just throw them in a bag, this is ridiculous." I finally left the store after 30 minutes. Horrible service.

After purchasing a cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts the Assistant Store Manager falsely made a claim that my car was illegally parked overnight as a reason for towing. The Store Manager ** explained to me that they are very busy during the week and her employees do not have room for parking. What I don't understand is how you can be so busy during the operating hours of the week and still have time to identify which cars to tow to make room for employee parking.

My car was parked within a 2-hour period. My car arrived around 10:10 a.m. and was reported and then towed before noon. I verified the details of the towing company Essential Towing that the legal basis Dunkin' Donuts made for towing my car was overnight parking. When I asked the Store Manager to speak with the Assistant Store Manager who made the decision, I was provided with the answer, "She isn't here today," and "She will tell you the same thing." My guess for this rash, reckless decision is desperation for staff parking. Apparently, there isn't enough parking space in the lot for their employees to find adequate parking. So instead, they have to tow customer vehicles to brute force their way into providing parking for staff.

Usually in the event prior to towing, a courtesy written notice is delivered to the owner of the vehicle. In this case, no such notice was issued. I've been a loyal customer to this store for the past year, and today my business relationship with this store has been terminated. What incurred as a $3 charge for coffee was accompanied by a $400 surcharge for towing services. This is at my own expense and without reimbursement.

I wonder if the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager would be so eager to make that decision if that $400 was charged on their accounts. What is that week's paycheck for them? A biweekly paycheck for their employees? What is so egregious about their managerial decision is the fact that they blatantly lied out it; they made a false claim to expedite the towing process. They were so desperate to make room for employee parking that they were willing to lie to other people and make up excuses to justify such a decision.

When I followed up to inquire more details and contact information about the Assistant Store Manager, no information was provided. I can tell you that the Store Manager ** most likely approved the decision and defended the actions of her Assistant Store Manager. How can you blatantly lie to my face and tell me your store is so busy but still make time during operations to find which cars to tow, especially within a 2-hour period. I'm guessing staff parking takes precedence over sales and operations of the store. I'm also assuming parking is a priority over monthly sales quotas, customer service, and store efficiency. From this experience I am questioning the credentials of management other than longevity in that store.

Upon further examination, Google and Yelp both have poorly reviews about the service of the store ranging from serving customers with unacceptable coffee products to rude service. Please have corporate and customer service take a look into this situation. It appears that there is a deeper, underlying issue that is within the operations and management of the store on 1425 Washington Avenue.

I've been a loyal customer at Dunkin' Donuts for the past 5 years. I am a commuter, working and living in one state during the week and heading home to rural Virginia on Fridays, sometimes, Saturdays, and they have been a God-send for my weekly stops to order my Iced Mocha Decaf with a twist of caramel. And I still love that drink, with an occasional donut. But sometimes I also need food -- like one of their previously delicious sandwiches. First of all I love the customer service at Dunkin' Donuts. At any one of their stores I've been to the staff is the best! My critique/review is on the rapid decline in quality of their food, which used offer healthy alternatives to some of the other fast food chains and I would like to know, what the heck happened?

One day I ordered an Egg White with Cheese sandwich. First of all, if anyone recalls, cheddar cheese used to be their default cheese. At least it was up to about two years ago. Now, unless you request it you get that same artificial cheese "food" (not even real American cheese, much less, cheddar). But my main complaint is the egg white literally disintegrated in my mouth like sand in water! Once I'd taken a bite and felt its texture, truthfully -- I have no need to lie -- it was so awful that I spit it back into its wrapper, put the whole thing back into the bag, and placed it into my car door compartment to trash later. Had I not already left I would definitely have told them and asked for a refund.

I used to like their egg omelette type of sandwiches with veggies, but now the texture of their "whole" eggs also tastes artificial. I think it is real egg but I don't know what preparation they are using to cause the white part to taste so crumbly. It's disgusting and brings to mind the old '70s classic movie, Soylent Green. Come on, Dunkin' Donuts, you gotta do better than this. Please!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dunkin' Donuts?

I don't know why Dunkin' had to change their ways, assuming to stay profitable. Back in the 80's, 90's, you could get an awesome coffee and donut. People came in and Sat at the counters with friends and family to enjoy. Not anymore. I will not buy a coffee or donuts from them anymore. The coffee is horrible now, so weak, and the donuts are always stale. Even in the mornings when the manager told me they were the freshest. I only go in there for the Baskin Robbins, for the kids. My kids won't even eat their donuts!

I stopped by the location on Lawrence and California and was going to order Coffee and donuts for my department and changed my mind. Went to another location. This person working with their pants sagging down on their butt and you can see their dirty drawers. It is enough to have to see this on the street but to come in a restaurant and have them serve me, no. This is ridiculous that you as a franchise will allow employees to work in establishments dealing with food that have to serve individual with sagging pants and drawers showing. That should be against company policy across the board. I use to stop at this location all the time on the way to work for myself to grab a cup of coffee and a sandwich, but I don't know if that will be happening anymore.

I gave Dunkin' Donuts many many many chances this past year. I have even tried going to different locations hoping for different outcome but always the same stale bakery items. Last visit I finally swore to myself that it was the last time, but today I gave in again craving a chocolate chip muffin and sure enough "NOT" to my surprise when I got home realized again I had purchased a stale Chocolate Chip Muffin. I'm so disappointed and I just don't understand??? Dunkin' Donuts used to be amazing... C'mon It's a freaking Donut Shop. How can you and why would you sell stale bakery items? Anyway this is my last time going to Dunkin' Donuts... And as You're reading this you're probably saying to yourself No it's not... and you know what your probably right. LOL. C'mon Dunkin' Donuts get it together.

After being a regular customer at the location on 3801 W. Belmont on that afternoon I asked to please use the restroom. As I sat for a second because the bathroom was occupied I was told by a male worker that I was to leave if I was not buying anything. I talked to the person in charge at that time which was rude and not very helpful. This was in December 2016 and have yet to get a call, that really shows you what they are all about and no I never went back, thanks Dunkin!

Dunkin' Donuts prices keep getting higher and higher. They are the ONLY coffee shop that charges extra for almond milk vs. cream and sugar. Their cappuccino/latte prices are almost as high as Starbucks especially when you request almond milk that they add an additional 50 cents for. I'd rather go to Starbucks now, and for the same price get a true espresso/latte made properly with no added charges for almond milk. When you get a coupon for a free coffee drink, they still charge you for the almond milk, but it's suppose to be free right???

In the north Ridgeville Dunkin Donuts is poorly managed there in never enough of fresh doughnuts and the doughnuts sometimes sold are so stale you can use them as a baseball. I prefer the north Olmsted Dunkin Donuts. Would like to see an improvement so the place stays in business.

I go to Dunkin' almost every day for a Large Iced Caramel Latte (whole milk and 1 sugar) before work. Sometimes even on my days off. I have been going to DD for almost 6+ months now on a regular basis and I can say with total confidence that Dunkin' Donuts has a big problem with the quality of their services being consistent, at least around my area. I switch off between two different locations and despite me ordering the same thing every day, my Latte will vary in taste dramatically every 2nd or 3rd visit to either of these locations. Sometimes it tastes like burnt coffee, I don't understand how but they manage to make it wrong or differently so often. When they get it right it's amazing but I am reaching my limit with how often I get terrible tasting lattes.

At first I kind of shrugged it off but after the last few visits where I was given an Iced Latte instead of a Caramel Iced latte (which I spoke very clearly) or given a hot instead of ice, or given a med instead of a large, or given soy milk instead of whole (wtf?), or no sugar, or if I order food being given the wrong order, I am getting really fed up.

I am usually one not to get so upset, as I understand mistakes happen but this is kind of ridiculous. Today was the straw that broke the camels back when I went to DD and placed my order. When I drove away and took a taste, I realized they had given me the wrong order. It looked right but tasted nothing like a caramel iced latte w/ whole milk and 1 sugar should. I could have turned back around but I had to get to work. Part of me blames myself as by now I really should know better to taste/check the order is right before leaving but I feel like that shouldn't be the customer's responsibility to make sure the workers are getting it right!

The customer service is usually fine, although the 2nd DD I frequent often has this spastic lady who cuts me off in the middle of my order all the time but I can ignore that. I am so upset about this given the fact that each of these lattes are almost $5 with tax. They are freaking expensive (to me at least) and to have my order messed up or taste off so often is just not worth it anymore. Like I mentioned early on when DD does it right I LOVE my lattes but this problem with inconsistent quality is driving me nuts.

I worked at two locations and was never paid. I worked October into November. I have called both my managers Brittany and Mike but they never return the calls. To put icing on my crappy cake -- these people even filed taxes stating that I had earned 500+ on my last check. I had to pay taxes for wages that were never paid to me!!! I need help getting my money, I am poor literally living at a shelter now. My managers were Brittany and Mike. They never return calls and purposely dodge me when I call even when I see their cars/expedition there.

I bought a large coffee cup and was promised in will ALWAYS pay only 99 for refills. I was at a location in Las Vegas on W. Charleston. They charged 1.61- I called corporate. They simply said "we can't help. Each location is independently owned and they can charge what they want!!" I never would have bought the travel cup had I known this. Other coffee places that unlike Starbucks, Coffee Bean, and even Bruegger's all adhere to the same prices you are originally told none of this in switch and bait business. At the very least because I was told an untruth they should have sent me a 30.00 certificate or anything to absorb the future costs. I believe this should be a class action suit for false advertising.

We've gone to DD for years. Recently we've been to 3 different DD and the coffee taste terrible. It's very very weak. The last purchase a few days ago was returned. They told us that DD has recently changed their coffee blend. What a bad move. We will not go back. We got a gift card for Christmas but I will give that away. The coffee now tastes like a cup of hot water with a spoonful of coffee added.

I stop in different Dunkin Donut locations in the Chicago area. I've noticed that the chocolate on top of the donuts is much darker, it hardens and is not as sweet as it used to be. I've asked store manager at 3 different locations if they have changed the chocolate. All said no. That is simply not true. Trust me, I'm an expert. I don't know why they have gone to this type of chocolate but I'm guessing it's more profitable for the company. That might be true as far as product cost but not when they consider all the customers that they are going to lose starting with me. Disappointed.

I have sent a note to Dunkin' Donuts how when I got in my car the large skinny latte slipped in my hands. Went to grab it from spilling and to stop it from falling it splashed my left eye lid, cheek, chin, neck and chest. It spilled on my shirt which made it burn more. I have sent a note. Nobody responded. I was on my way to the dentist, for witness and pictures. Thank you. No receipt given.

Dunkin' advertises perks and does not follow through! As of now they owe me $10 plus in perks and no response to the 5 emails. Have called several time with a 30 min or more hold. They have no intentions of correcting this app. Don't do the Perks, not worth the aggravation!! They don't deserve a *1!!

A new store opened in North Lima Ohio 44442. After 3 times stop to buy beans, they (assumed) were out. Asked and was told by clerk they do not carry beans. Her excuse was they are all different and this was privately owned. Not a good excuse. On that note headed out to Columbiana store, 44408. Purchased them many times there, but they were out. Asked a clerk and was told new manager of 1 month did not reorder. Gave benefit of doubt and stopped back as they are on sale now. Still none and not even an empty spot on shelf.

I stopped at the DD by my house because it was nearby. They opened at 5. I went at 6 in the morning. The racks are full. I ordered 2 dozen. The person behind the counter didn't seem to want to be there. I got home and the doughnuts tasted old. Within 3 hours they had become paperweights. I've had this happen plenty of times before but I figured this store by me at Bay Pines in st Petersburg Florida was new so I would give them a try. Well it was the old same thing at a new store. I guess next time I'll go the distance for quality. No receipt given so no order number.

I am new in this town and have visited the Dunkin' Donut four or five times...will never be back. The service is terrible, the doughnuts are stale, there are only a few selections, they are very overpriced and they only make my favorite sour cream on the weekend (only 5-6 MAYBE!). I was told this is the owner's instructions. Does this franchisee want to stay in business? This is not customer service... Corporate needs to do something about this.

Some years back all the DD were good, because the donuts were always fresh. Now things have changed and not for the better, not here in Delaware. I only know of 2 good DD with fresh donuts most all the time, the one in Glasgow DE and the other on RT 13 near the 13/40 split. Any of the others that I've been to unless it's first thing in the morning will sell you stale donuts and not even blink an eye. This just happened to my wife and me on 11/8/16 in Middletown, DE. I gave them good money for bad donuts. Had I given them bad money for good donuts they'd call the police.

Placed my order with one associate and while she prepared it, a second associate (the owner's father) went to take my order and after telling him I already ordered and was waiting to pay. He abruptly stop helping me, ignored me, and shouted to the following customer, "NEXT IN LINE". Very dissatisfied. Will not go there again.

What happened to Dunkin' Donuts coffee? When you get it at the coffee shop it is terrible. It tastes like the Styrofoam cup that the coffee is poured into! It wasn't long ago that it was the best tasting morning coffee available. I don't know if they changed the coffee they purchase, or they are using lighter cream, or it's a combination of both. The bottom line is it is just bad. Time to get my morning coffee from McDonalds. The Dunkin' Donuts company is making a mistake in getting cheap with their signature product. People are not stupid. They will leave. Interestingly, the bagged ground Dunkin' Donuts coffee I purchase at Stop N' Shop is has not changed and still tastes great.

Dunkin' Donuts sign outside of establishment. I stop by before going to work after seeing two billboards. I stop by to get breakfast... "So sorry. We don't serve donuts or hot meals only self-service Dunkin' Donuts coffee." I was really upset. What a waste of time!!!

DD in 60044 Lake Forest at Waukegan and Rockville Rd. Amazingly painful. Clerk overfilled a large coffee last winter, lid popped, burning my wrist with second degree burns. I am not someone who seeks recompense for things like this, but it sure hurt at work the next two weeks. Glad to hear they support the military overseas. Now I know why when we deployed, we bought 20 pound bags of Starbucks with us.

I bought a cake for my mom's 50th birthday from this store at 9 p.m. Well the cake was nice looking and everything. But when we tried to cut it at 10:30 pm we were struggling really hard. 4 to 5 people tried to cut it with a knife and we had to wrestle with the cake to cut it. The frosting started to melt but the cake was almost impossible to cut. At last when we were finally able to cut the cake after messing it up really badly it tasted like ice. It felt like it was an old cake. Well I bought cakes from dunkin donuts before and it was never that bad. It tasted like pure **. As it was my mom's 50th birthday it was really special for me and the cake made me so upset.

Usually Dunkin Donuts comes out with a new sandwich every six months or so and they are sometimes creative and somewhat tasty. For a fast and hot breakfast, this might fit the bill rather satisfactorily. However, in saying this, I just experienced their new Belgian Waffle Sandwich and I have to give this one the thumbs down in a very big way.

Let's start with the signature and "so-called" Belgian Waffle. It was not prepared properly to begin with, otherwise it would have been toasted crispy with a golden brown yumminess and still tender on the inside. I received a very pale, but hot steamed waffle which was horribly undercooked and doughy. It had the consistency of a nasty mealiness and stuck to the roof of my mouth. I had the chicken, and it too, was barely cooked, and mushy. The entire mouthfeel was dry and barely edible.

If they wanted to make an impression on a new sandwich many things needed to be done. Toast the waffle to a nice crisp before adding ingredients. Actually toasting each item separately and then assembling it afterwards would have made a huge difference. It also demanded a sauce of some kind. In this instance a maple syrup sriracha butter would have been both delicious and added much needed moisture and a little heat. Do yourselves a favor and pass on this one unless they change the recipe and improve it significantly; there are no redeeming qualities with this one. They should hire me to design sandwiches for them. I have some fantastic winners.

It never fails. EVERY SINGLE TIME I go here they get my order wrong. No toast means NO TOAST! I stopped going here for a while but decided I was being silly and tried again. Guess what, WRONG, WRONG order! OMG, people is it really that hard not to toast a bagel? I mean, seriously! Oh and ladies, pay attention to the female workers there. Last time my husband got a phone # in his bag with his doughnut, and yes, I was standing right there next to him. Can you say... Rude!

Ordered a decaf ice coffee, and was told by a very rude employee, "We don't have decaf coffee here". Walked away, and started on his cell phone texting. This particular establishment is located on 506 Clarkson Avenue. This was around 6:45pm, date, 8/7/2016. This is unacceptable. Dunkin' Donuts needs to give customer service classes to this individual. Totally dissatisfied.

Dunkin' Donuts Company Profile