Dunkin' Donuts

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My boyfriend and I went to out to Dunkin Donuts in Port Richey, FL, area code 34668 between 1:30 and 2:00 am to get something to snack on before we went to bed. I am still up posting this even though I have to be up in an hour. I just feel insulted and disrespected. I just had to say something which normally I wouldn't. Just this was a bigger deal than I ever faced at a place before. We pulled through the drive through which nobody was behind us at the time I looked. I knew what I wanted just not how I wanted it. I asked the employee how much is the difference in price between having a veggie and cheese patty put on a flat bread or a bagel. I decided I wanted the bagel right away because I love everything bagels.

My boyfriend then took no longer than a minute and a half to figure out if he wanted an ice coffee or coolatta and right before he got to say what he wanted the employee said in a really rude tone that he needs to hurry it up because there is a customer behind us like pretty much almost yelling. Which I was watching and he/she just pulled up behind us. So they didn't wait long at all. Our order took way less than a few minutes to place so she could have been more patient and polite. Which you are supposed to be patient and respectful when you are dealing with customers anyways. We went up to the window to grab my veggie bagel and our drinks. I asked if she can add whip cream to my frozen hot chocolate and she says without my knowledge about the whip cream, "How can I give it to you if we don't have it". Again in a rude manner.

We were fed up and walked in to talk to the manager and they said they weren't present. So we asked for a discount for the trouble she gave us and she said, "Absolutely not". So we said we're going to corporate to make a report because she is very rude and doesn't know how to work with customers. I was so mad and said she didn't deserve a job like that if she didn't work with people well. I have never called on a company in my life. So then she says in her exact words: "Oh you want to call corporate, I can jump over this counter and handle you right now." I was like, "Go ahead."

And I wasn't planning on fighting. I was just hoping to catch it on tape if she took it that far. I am not a rude person and actually really patient but she tested my patients and I was not rude in the beginning until I was treated rudely especially after being threatened. I am not one to start trouble and I was very polite until she wasn't. She actually had the cops come to my house and they couldn't do anything because I didn't do anything wrong. They did ban me from calling or going back. Which isn't fair because I am not the one who started the issue. I can prove it if I recorded it myself, yet it is recorded at Dunkin if need be. Why would I start an issue on a drive through when all I want is something to eat and go to bed because it's late at night.

I have lived in Port Richey for 24 years and moved here when I was 3. I have been going to that Dunkin since I remember and it was almost laws good. The service was great just I am picky about coffee and find them too sweet sometimes, but normally it's just right. So I have never had any major problems. I never seen her or had any problems with anyone but with her. I never have trouble with anyone really. Only way I do is if people are rude to me. The girl that worked with her walked out of the back without knowing what was going on and tried sticking up for her which made the situation worse because the other lady was in the wrong. I just told her, "You don't know what happened so please stay out of it".

Also some other dude was in line. Ethan had no idea what was happening and tried to be a witness to the cops which I did nothing but stick up for myself and then leave. I never threatened or anything. That was all her. I told her when she threatened me to try me and the other stuff I mentioned and left. My advice is never go at night if you want to order from there because for one they are rude, they are slow and they have no idea how to treat customers. Sorry for the rant, but just thought I should give people a heads up and make a complaint.

Went there at 945 am with 100 bill left with 74 $ trusted they have gave me right change back got down to a friend's appt I was running late to counted money I had left cost me 26 for 2 iced coffees. No receipt you shouldn't have to ask for 1. Went back 10 mins later they made me wait 10 mins to count draw said it wasn't short. Didn't count other draw at that. Took my name and number, they never called me back after going back there this am to complain. I just called them at 245. They said a man have me back right change on video and it was a young woman there was 2 at drive thru window today not a man.

Poor Customer service poorly ran. Sad the place don't pay enough. They gotta steal customers money. They rip them off. I didn't see video. Then said she counted draw in front of me. I never seen her count the money. It is behind the counter. Shady company half ass ran by ghetto people that need to steal good paying customer's money. They lost a good customer and they are Jews and over priced at that 6$ for iced coffees my iced coffee tastes like dog shot at that. Then the 2 idiots behind counter tried to give me hot coffees talk about stupid workers go back to school and learn to count back the right change when someone hands you 100 bill. I will never go to Dunkin Donuts again. rather give McDonald's money.

We were coming into the door. The employee was on her phone and not paying attention to anyone who walked in to enjoy some coffee or donuts. She locked the door right at the time we were coming in. It looked as there was nobody inside. We knocked on the door so one of the employees looked at us, rolled her eyes, and walked away. MY DAUGHTER WAS VERY UPSET BECAUSE SHE DID NOT GET A DONUT ON HER BIRTHDAY. We are very upset at this kind of service.

I stopped into a Dunkin Donuts not far from my house on the way to work at about 6:15 in the morning and I usually go through the drive-thru. However there were about 10 cars in front of me and I did not have the time to wait, so I parked and went inside. I went up to counter and placed my order and paid for it and I went to the Men's room to urinate and wash my hands. When I entered the Men's room there was a very offensive and horrible odor that I almost gagged. I proceeded to walk up to the urinal, however there was a large hefty bag over it saying "Out of order". So I had no choice but to go into the only stall that was there and when I opened the door I actually jumped back and put my hand over my mouth and was completely shocked and became sick from what I seen and smelt.

Someone had the nerve, gall and audacity to have horrible diarrhea all over the place including the wall and it was like a bazooka actually went off. I almost vomited right then and there. I immediately left the Men's room, went back out to the counter and demanded to see the manager immediately. The girl paged him and he came out and came up to me and said, "Sir, Welcome to Dunkin Donuts. How can I help you?" I replied, "How can you help me? Go in the Men's room and that will tell you how you can help me".

He proceeded to go into the Men's room and he was not in there more than 30 seconds and he came running out with his hand over his mouth and shaking his head and he came up to me and said, "Sir, I am so sorry you had to experience something like that and would you like a free cup of coffee on me?" I replied, "No, I do not want any free coffee from you and that was totally disgusting and I should call the health department and have you shut down!" He replies, "Again, Sir I am so sorry that this happened to you and this has been happening on a frequent basis every other day and we believe it is employee related." I replied, "Employee related! You mean to tell me you have someone working here that does things like that and then goes back and handles people's food?". He replied, "Again Sir, I am so sorry and have a good day". After that incident I will never step foot in another Dunkin Donuts ever again. YUCK!

April 23rd my mom Ericka ** entered Dunkin' Donuts Brooklyn, NY on Marcy Ave & Bway. The girl at the counter after asking her to be more attentive and put down her cellphone, she went ballistic called my mom a **, and cursed my mother's mom recently deceased harsh expletives I'm not at liberty to say all in Spanish and went back to her cellphone. This Euro sewage mouth parasite is what Dunkin' Donuts hired to represent this area. Shameful, we called for an update. They closed the case. No gift card, no email of apology and yes the latrine mouth is still employed at that location. She will not get away with this, it's condoned from her superiors not us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dunkin' Donuts?

I have been going to Dunkin Donuts for many years. The quality over the last year has gotten worse and worse, and I go to many different locations here in RI. I like Iced Tea. Please tell me how hard is it to provide your customer with a fresh cup - especially when you are charging such high prices for it? One day it is good, the next it tastes sour and I end up throwing it away. The inconsistent quality is really a turnoff. I love Cumberland Farms. They make a fresh batch every few hours and charge only.99 cents for it! Sadly I am going to stay away from Dunkin Donuts in the future.

I was at Dunkin Donuts the other day and a lady working there asked me if I liked to smoke. I said "no" and ordered my coffee. Then as I was sitting down with my friend there to catch up with her, a man working there came over with his broom and shoved it at my feet and said "I'm going to have to ask you to leave miss. You're in my way. Get up." I hate Dunkin Donuts. Never go there.

On the way to work I stopped for a large coffee at the nearest Dunkin Donuts. I went inside and ordered a large Caramel Macchiato from the counter. The staff member stated the other person in the store would wait on me but she was busy at the window filling orders. He finally went to the cash register and took my order. I was asked if I wanted beer or tequila flavoring in my coffee. I stated I did not believe that was a good idea when I was heading to my job at the hospital (I was wearing scrubs). The coffee I paid $4.90 for was a plain iced coffee with NO caramel or sweetener. After arriving at work and taking a couple of sips I threw the coffee down the sink telling my co-workers what had happened. To be honest the employee seemed to be drunk or high on something. What a horrible experience!

I visit Dunkin' Dunuts everyday. I am self employed, so I stop in different locations throughout the week. The location on Candler Road in Decatur, GA. is ALWAYS bad. I don't understand it! They have enough people working there to take care of you, but it seems customers are a bother! We are getting in the way of their cleaning! It's amazing how much they don't care if you have to wait. It doesn't matter if there are 5 people in line or only 1. The thing that pisses me off the most is when several employees behind the counter walk past you and don't even acknowledge you are standing there! Today, as I was the only 1 at the counter, 3 people walked by, noticed I was waiting to purchase, and kept walking! Not even a "hello"! This location is the worst I have seen. Can't understand why service is so bad! I will definitely take this location off my list. Pathetic!

Store: 3303 Monument Road 32225. Avoid at all costs! Ordered a dozen bagels not sliced or toasted. He asked me to step aside. Took 2 other orders and gave them their food. He told another guy to get my bagels, the other guy told him he could not. I told him "you have taken 2 orders and I'm still standing here. Just throw them in a bag, this is ridiculous." I finally left the store after 30 minutes. Horrible service.

After purchasing a cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts the Assistant Store Manager falsely made a claim that my car was illegally parked overnight as a reason for towing. The Store Manager ** explained to me that they are very busy during the week and her employees do not have room for parking. What I don't understand is how you can be so busy during the operating hours of the week and still have time to identify which cars to tow to make room for employee parking.

My car was parked within a 2-hour period. My car arrived around 10:10 a.m. and was reported and then towed before noon. I verified the details of the towing company Essential Towing that the legal basis Dunkin' Donuts made for towing my car was overnight parking. When I asked the Store Manager to speak with the Assistant Store Manager who made the decision, I was provided with the answer, "She isn't here today," and "She will tell you the same thing." My guess for this rash, reckless decision is desperation for staff parking. Apparently, there isn't enough parking space in the lot for their employees to find adequate parking. So instead, they have to tow customer vehicles to brute force their way into providing parking for staff.

Usually in the event prior to towing, a courtesy written notice is delivered to the owner of the vehicle. In this case, no such notice was issued. I've been a loyal customer to this store for the past year, and today my business relationship with this store has been terminated. What incurred as a $3 charge for coffee was accompanied by a $400 surcharge for towing services. This is at my own expense and without reimbursement.

I wonder if the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager would be so eager to make that decision if that $400 was charged on their accounts. What is that week's paycheck for them? A biweekly paycheck for their employees? What is so egregious about their managerial decision is the fact that they blatantly lied out it; they made a false claim to expedite the towing process. They were so desperate to make room for employee parking that they were willing to lie to other people and make up excuses to justify such a decision.

When I followed up to inquire more details and contact information about the Assistant Store Manager, no information was provided. I can tell you that the Store Manager ** most likely approved the decision and defended the actions of her Assistant Store Manager. How can you blatantly lie to my face and tell me your store is so busy but still make time during operations to find which cars to tow, especially within a 2-hour period. I'm guessing staff parking takes precedence over sales and operations of the store. I'm also assuming parking is a priority over monthly sales quotas, customer service, and store efficiency. From this experience I am questioning the credentials of management other than longevity in that store.

Upon further examination, Google and Yelp both have poorly reviews about the service of the store ranging from serving customers with unacceptable coffee products to rude service. Please have corporate and customer service take a look into this situation. It appears that there is a deeper, underlying issue that is within the operations and management of the store on 1425 Washington Avenue.

I've been a loyal customer at Dunkin' Donuts for the past 5 years. I am a commuter, working and living in one state during the week and heading home to rural Virginia on Fridays, sometimes, Saturdays, and they have been a God-send for my weekly stops to order my Iced Mocha Decaf with a twist of caramel. And I still love that drink, with an occasional donut. But sometimes I also need food -- like one of their previously delicious sandwiches. First of all I love the customer service at Dunkin' Donuts. At any one of their stores I've been to the staff is the best! My critique/review is on the rapid decline in quality of their food, which used offer healthy alternatives to some of the other fast food chains and I would like to know, what the heck happened?

One day I ordered an Egg White with Cheese sandwich. First of all, if anyone recalls, cheddar cheese used to be their default cheese. At least it was up to about two years ago. Now, unless you request it you get that same artificial cheese "food" (not even real American cheese, much less, cheddar). But my main complaint is the egg white literally disintegrated in my mouth like sand in water! Once I'd taken a bite and felt its texture, truthfully -- I have no need to lie -- it was so awful that I spit it back into its wrapper, put the whole thing back into the bag, and placed it into my car door compartment to trash later. Had I not already left I would definitely have told them and asked for a refund.

I used to like their egg omelette type of sandwiches with veggies, but now the texture of their "whole" eggs also tastes artificial. I think it is real egg but I don't know what preparation they are using to cause the white part to taste so crumbly. It's disgusting and brings to mind the old '70s classic movie, Soylent Green. Come on, Dunkin' Donuts, you gotta do better than this. Please!

I don't know why Dunkin' had to change their ways, assuming to stay profitable. Back in the 80's, 90's, you could get an awesome coffee and donut. People came in and Sat at the counters with friends and family to enjoy. Not anymore. I will not buy a coffee or donuts from them anymore. The coffee is horrible now, so weak, and the donuts are always stale. Even in the mornings when the manager told me they were the freshest. I only go in there for the Baskin Robbins, for the kids. My kids won't even eat their donuts!

I stopped by the location on Lawrence and California and was going to order Coffee and donuts for my department and changed my mind. Went to another location. This person working with their pants sagging down on their butt and you can see their dirty drawers. It is enough to have to see this on the street but to come in a restaurant and have them serve me, no. This is ridiculous that you as a franchise will allow employees to work in establishments dealing with food that have to serve individual with sagging pants and drawers showing. That should be against company policy across the board. I use to stop at this location all the time on the way to work for myself to grab a cup of coffee and a sandwich, but I don't know if that will be happening anymore.

I gave Dunkin' Donuts many many many chances this past year. I have even tried going to different locations hoping for different outcome but always the same stale bakery items. Last visit I finally swore to myself that it was the last time, but today I gave in again craving a chocolate chip muffin and sure enough "NOT" to my surprise when I got home realized again I had purchased a stale Chocolate Chip Muffin. I'm so disappointed and I just don't understand??? Dunkin' Donuts used to be amazing... C'mon It's a freaking Donut Shop. How can you and why would you sell stale bakery items? Anyway this is my last time going to Dunkin' Donuts... And as You're reading this you're probably saying to yourself No it's not... and you know what your probably right. LOL. C'mon Dunkin' Donuts get it together.

After being a regular customer at the location on 3801 W. Belmont on that afternoon I asked to please use the restroom. As I sat for a second because the bathroom was occupied I was told by a male worker that I was to leave if I was not buying anything. I talked to the person in charge at that time which was rude and not very helpful. This was in December 2016 and have yet to get a call, that really shows you what they are all about and no I never went back, thanks Dunkin!

Dunkin' Donuts prices keep getting higher and higher. They are the ONLY coffee shop that charges extra for almond milk vs. cream and sugar. Their cappuccino/latte prices are almost as high as Starbucks especially when you request almond milk that they add an additional 50 cents for. I'd rather go to Starbucks now, and for the same price get a true espresso/latte made properly with no added charges for almond milk. When you get a coupon for a free coffee drink, they still charge you for the almond milk, but it's suppose to be free right???

In the north Ridgeville Dunkin Donuts is poorly managed there in never enough of fresh doughnuts and the doughnuts sometimes sold are so stale you can use them as a baseball. I prefer the north Olmsted Dunkin Donuts. Would like to see an improvement so the place stays in business.

I go to Dunkin' almost every day for a Large Iced Caramel Latte (whole milk and 1 sugar) before work. Sometimes even on my days off. I have been going to DD for almost 6+ months now on a regular basis and I can say with total confidence that Dunkin' Donuts has a big problem with the quality of their services being consistent, at least around my area. I switch off between two different locations and despite me ordering the same thing every day, my Latte will vary in taste dramatically every 2nd or 3rd visit to either of these locations. Sometimes it tastes like burnt coffee, I don't understand how but they manage to make it wrong or differently so often. When they get it right it's amazing but I am reaching my limit with how often I get terrible tasting lattes.

At first I kind of shrugged it off but after the last few visits where I was given an Iced Latte instead of a Caramel Iced latte (which I spoke very clearly) or given a hot instead of ice, or given a med instead of a large, or given soy milk instead of whole (wtf?), or no sugar, or if I order food being given the wrong order, I am getting really fed up.

I am usually one not to get so upset, as I understand mistakes happen but this is kind of ridiculous. Today was the straw that broke the camels back when I went to DD and placed my order. When I drove away and took a taste, I realized they had given me the wrong order. It looked right but tasted nothing like a caramel iced latte w/ whole milk and 1 sugar should. I could have turned back around but I had to get to work. Part of me blames myself as by now I really should know better to taste/check the order is right before leaving but I feel like that shouldn't be the customer's responsibility to make sure the workers are getting it right!

The customer service is usually fine, although the 2nd DD I frequent often has this spastic lady who cuts me off in the middle of my order all the time but I can ignore that. I am so upset about this given the fact that each of these lattes are almost $5 with tax. They are freaking expensive (to me at least) and to have my order messed up or taste off so often is just not worth it anymore. Like I mentioned early on when DD does it right I LOVE my lattes but this problem with inconsistent quality is driving me nuts.

I worked at two locations and was never paid. I worked October into November. I have called both my managers Brittany and Mike but they never return the calls. To put icing on my crappy cake -- these people even filed taxes stating that I had earned 500+ on my last check. I had to pay taxes for wages that were never paid to me!!! I need help getting my money, I am poor literally living at a shelter now. My managers were Brittany and Mike. They never return calls and purposely dodge me when I call even when I see their cars/expedition there.

I bought a large coffee cup and was promised in will ALWAYS pay only 99 for refills. I was at a location in Las Vegas on W. Charleston. They charged 1.61- I called corporate. They simply said "we can't help. Each location is independently owned and they can charge what they want!!" I never would have bought the travel cup had I known this. Other coffee places that unlike Starbucks, Coffee Bean, and even Bruegger's all adhere to the same prices you are originally told none of this in switch and bait business. At the very least because I was told an untruth they should have sent me a 30.00 certificate or anything to absorb the future costs. I believe this should be a class action suit for false advertising.

We've gone to DD for years. Recently we've been to 3 different DD and the coffee taste terrible. It's very very weak. The last purchase a few days ago was returned. They told us that DD has recently changed their coffee blend. What a bad move. We will not go back. We got a gift card for Christmas but I will give that away. The coffee now tastes like a cup of hot water with a spoonful of coffee added.

I stop in different Dunkin Donut locations in the Chicago area. I've noticed that the chocolate on top of the donuts is much darker, it hardens and is not as sweet as it used to be. I've asked store manager at 3 different locations if they have changed the chocolate. All said no. That is simply not true. Trust me, I'm an expert. I don't know why they have gone to this type of chocolate but I'm guessing it's more profitable for the company. That might be true as far as product cost but not when they consider all the customers that they are going to lose starting with me. Disappointed.

I have sent a note to Dunkin' Donuts how when I got in my car the large skinny latte slipped in my hands. Went to grab it from spilling and to stop it from falling it splashed my left eye lid, cheek, chin, neck and chest. It spilled on my shirt which made it burn more. I have sent a note. Nobody responded. I was on my way to the dentist, for witness and pictures. Thank you. No receipt given.

Dunkin' advertises perks and does not follow through! As of now they owe me $10 plus in perks and no response to the 5 emails. Have called several time with a 30 min or more hold. They have no intentions of correcting this app. Don't do the Perks, not worth the aggravation!! They don't deserve a *1!!

A new store opened in North Lima Ohio 44442. After 3 times stop to buy beans, they (assumed) were out. Asked and was told by clerk they do not carry beans. Her excuse was they are all different and this was privately owned. Not a good excuse. On that note headed out to Columbiana store, 44408. Purchased them many times there, but they were out. Asked a clerk and was told new manager of 1 month did not reorder. Gave benefit of doubt and stopped back as they are on sale now. Still none and not even an empty spot on shelf.

I stopped at the DD by my house because it was nearby. They opened at 5. I went at 6 in the morning. The racks are full. I ordered 2 dozen. The person behind the counter didn't seem to want to be there. I got home and the doughnuts tasted old. Within 3 hours they had become paperweights. I've had this happen plenty of times before but I figured this store by me at Bay Pines in st Petersburg Florida was new so I would give them a try. Well it was the old same thing at a new store. I guess next time I'll go the distance for quality. No receipt given so no order number.

I am new in this town and have visited the Dunkin' Donut four or five times...will never be back. The service is terrible, the doughnuts are stale, there are only a few selections, they are very overpriced and they only make my favorite sour cream on the weekend (only 5-6 MAYBE!). I was told this is the owner's instructions. Does this franchisee want to stay in business? This is not customer service... Corporate needs to do something about this.

Some years back all the DD were good, because the donuts were always fresh. Now things have changed and not for the better, not here in Delaware. I only know of 2 good DD with fresh donuts most all the time, the one in Glasgow DE and the other on RT 13 near the 13/40 split. Any of the others that I've been to unless it's first thing in the morning will sell you stale donuts and not even blink an eye. This just happened to my wife and me on 11/8/16 in Middletown, DE. I gave them good money for bad donuts. Had I given them bad money for good donuts they'd call the police.

Placed my order with one associate and while she prepared it, a second associate (the owner's father) went to take my order and after telling him I already ordered and was waiting to pay. He abruptly stop helping me, ignored me, and shouted to the following customer, "NEXT IN LINE". Very dissatisfied. Will not go there again.

Dunkin' Donuts Company Profile