1.39/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

332 Dunkin' Donuts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered a power sandwich and as I biting into it, I felt a stringy on side of my mouth. Tried numerous times getting it out and finally got it out. Piece of small blue string. Complained and even showed it to cashier and they asked, "Do you want a refund or another one."

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Two of my favorite Dunkin donuts have been their Apple Fritters and Boston Cream donuts, They make a premium charge for the apple fritters and my recent experience has shown the apple filling to be sparse or non-existent...just some fried dough. In addition, the 'cream' in Boston Cream donuts is getting harder and harder to find. Also, it's a wonder they don't charge you to breathe their air. I was there recently with a friend who, in addition to her order, needed a cup of water for her pills. They charged her a quarter for the cup! I have found a local donut shop whose donuts run circles around DD charge less for their products.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I enjoy going to the downtown, Montclair Dunkin' Donuts. Queen ** is Great and she is a sweet Manager and Princess **, her Server is extremely focused on Customer Satisfaction. This is the trademark of well run Restaurant. The coffee is great as well as the donuts! These two ladies knock the ball out of the park and hit home runs all the time. Great Restaurant, People and service staff. Michael ** loves going to this Restaurant all the time, located in the beautiful downtown Business District of Montclair, NJ. The restaurant has a very professional staff.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Tried to contact Dunkin' Donuts via phone AND 2 emails about my missing points due to THEIR app malfunctioning. No response to either email after a week, and as of right now I'm still waiting for my call to be answered (it's been 40 minutes). Absolutely the worst customer service, might be better off with Starbucks to be quite honest!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

This morning, in the drive-thru I ordered 2 ham-egg-cheese croissants - the 2 croissant sandwiches for $5 which is advertised. BUT the total was $7.19! I said I wanted the Dunkin' Go2s special and I was told it's only with BACON!!! 1. The print at the bottom of the ad is too tiny for anyone to see. 2. Ham instead of bacon (both pork) costs $2.19 more? That's hard to believe. 3. The photo in the Dunkin' Go2s ad is misleading because it shows 2 DIFFERENT bagels with 2 DIFFERENT cream cheeses. And this is what I looked at before ordering. I cancelled the order and drove away. I won't be going to Dunkin' again and I will be complaining about this on every website I can find. Dunkin' at 100 Mulberry St., Scranton, PA 18503.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dunkin' Donuts?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

First time visiting was not good. Lack of choice of donuts, lukewarm coffee after waiting 15 minutes to finally get it after I already got my donuts. I thought they forgot me, so I had to yell over to ask if they forgot my coffee. He said he had to go in order of the drive thru. Employee appeared to be very inexperienced concerning the transaction and customer service itself.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

BEWARE! I have purchased The DUNKIN' LATTE CARD. You supposed to get 5 beverages, after ONE purchase, the system does NOT accept the card. The store referred me to Corporate. I called customer service, 45 min on the line and NO ONE ANSWERS. WHY SHOULD THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS? SHAME. Should be ZERO stars.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Hot Latte card is 5 medium lattes for $10. I purchased 3 lattes in total on different days. Just went to use card yesterday and was told there’s nothing on the card. Why??? I’ll tell you why. It’s a rip-off. Especially since the lattes have only been $2. Never again! There’s not even a phone # on the card.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

In the last year of frequently stopping at Dunkin' Donuts I've noticed the selection has diminished except for donuts. Lots of bagels & sandwiches are phased out along with quality. I'm normally ordering sandwiches and I've come to realize that the eggs basically fall apart now, the bacon is paper thin and the freshness of a bagel is now a thing of the past as well. I believe the quality of the coffee has stayed the same and yes I would continue to buy this as frequently as I do (normally 2Lg hot coffees a day as I drive for a living) but as far as food, I'll be buying it elsewhere now.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

The Dunkin' Donuts at Grande Oaks Shopping Center in Estero, FL is misleading customers and overcharging for advertised products. For three days now I have gone to this Dunkin' Donuts and the drive-through sign says cappuccino is $2. When I get to the check-out, they charge the regular price unless you remind them of the $2 posted price. This habit is bilking the public if it is not paying attention.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

What did they do to their bagels. Stopped in the Ogdensburg NJ store. Got a bagel with cream cheese because they don't know how to butter a bagel. Opened the wrapper and they downsized it but still charge the same price. Will never again go to DD.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I visited Dunkin' Donuts today and no one was at the counter. There were two cars in line and the employees were more interested in serving the drive thru crowd. I stood there for several minutes and finally an employee came over and said he would be right with me. I waited again and then walked out. I guess Dunkin' didn't want me buying their product today. This has happened several times in the last couple of months. I do receive better service at other locations, but it seems this location is short on help and wants to save money by ignoring the walk-in trade. I don't understand their emphasis on the drive thru crowd. I don't intend on patronizing this location in the future. I think they want their donuts and coffee more than me.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

DD: 243 Quincy Avenue, Quincy, MA 02169. The Sunday crew sucks, at least the Sunday crew on Oct 28, 2018 around 8:30am. The young boy at the window literally looks like he is being FORCED to work there, he didn’t say a word; not a “hi”, not a “you’re welcome”, NOTHING. He just grabbed my card & handed me the food. The bagel at 8am was somehow stale, so they clearly give out old bagels the next morning. The coffee was burnt, & the hashbrowns were solid as a rock. They suck, change your Sunday morning crew Quincy, MA Dunkin Donuts!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

This is the WORST Dunkin EVER. I sat in the lobby and listened to managers and crew members talk about another employee in such a manner that was disgusting and degrading. It caught my attention after the young lady that I can only assume was the topic of their conversation left. The young lady in the blue shirt was going on and on about “her store” and how the one that stopped in should of came to work and helped out in the short staffed morning. I listened as they went on to talk about this person’s lifestyle her life choices and even went as far as “She should just be let go”.

Idk what made these couple young people not like the other girl but they obviously had some hatred towards her. I for one thought she was very friendly. I have had the privilege to be waited on by her and let me say I have never not one time sensed anything off with her or our little conversations while she took my order. Maybe someone should look into all the managers/crew members gossiping about fellow employees. Because what I decided to listen to was NOT ok. I feel for the young lady Julie. I can honestly say that those fellow Dunkin employees have no respect for themselves or that girl.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Store Location:169-95 137th Ave Rochdale Village NY 11434. I ordered a XL large green tea using the to-go app. When I got to the store it was 10:50 am. I ordered approx 15 prior to coming. I go to the area where they keep the to go orders. My order is not there? So I ask where is my tea? They check their computer and it shows no order for my tea. I go into the app to pull up the receipt. My order #146 shows a paid receipt. The supervisor w/ no name tag ask to see the receipt on my phone. I show it to her. She looks and walks away. I’m assume she's making my tea. After watching them serve everyone around me for 15 min I tell them that I’m really upset that I’m still waiting for my tea.

After 30 minutes I step outside and proceed to call the cops because they refused to let me speak to the manager and would not give me his name or a refund. After 1 HOUR and standing outside the manager comes out looks at my receipt. He accuses me of not pressing “ready to pick up button” which I did. The app reminds you to. He then uses my phone to make another on the go order and this time it goes through on their end. We check my transactions in the app. The receipt for the order he did is exactly the same as the one I did. He then issues a refund only for the transaction he put through and not for inconvenience of making me an appointment and being treated rudely and unfairly by his staff.

He gives me the tea. I left there at 11:45 am. Over an hour I dealt with trying to get a $3 tea I paid for. This was not the first time this happened. I frequent at least 8 different DDs and I never have an issue with my on the go order missing except for this location during their morning shift. This happened 3 months ago and the worker in front of a long line of customers tells me that the next time this happens she’s not going to give me my order even though I show a paid receipt. That employee was there and talking about me to the other workers.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Why don’t your employees EVER repeat my order?? Why don’t they EVER mark the cups??? This is probably why EVERY single time I go, my order is wrong. This morning I asked for an iced coffee with caramel cream and sugar and they gave me pumpkin spice??? Please tell me how you get pumpkin spice from caramel? What if I was allergic to pumpkin spice and I took a drink? ** absurd. Your employees don’t listen and the consistency between your drinks SUCK. I went to the Dunkin' off of Massillon rd and 224 that is connected with the Circle K there. Also the employees are not that nice either.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I frequently visit my local Dunkin' Donuts store located at 2517 Tamiami Trail A, Punta Gorda, FL 33950. I'm always disappointed. No matter what time I visit they are out of whatever I want. Even when I have two or three choices in mind. And I'm sick of them taking great, in demand items off their menus. Plus... don't offer new items if you are out of stock within a few hours. So tired of it. Won't be visiting again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I visited the Dunkin Donuts on 29 in Concord across from the QT. Raiford Drive I believe it is. Anyhow I went in there to order a Iced Coffee and a donut. The staff was very rude and very unprofessional. There was no manager on site and the store lobby was dirty. Needless to say that I won't be going back to that one.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have two tickets in front of me that say I can enjoy any size hot coffee or iced tea for $1 after 11 am excluding cold brew. I went there at 10 pm last night and told them I had a coupon. She said it won't work and scanned it and yes it did not work. If you look at the print under the UPC code it says "this coupon is not a winning game piece". This is deceptive advertising.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

This DD has promotion material all over advertising the Sip Peel Win which is supposed to be on L and XL coffee. I purchased a large coffee two days ago and did not get a chance and again today, same thing purchased a large coffee, nothing. Then I tried the $2 pretzels, never again. Got 4, barely 1" square pretzel bits which were extremely salty and rubbery. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Ordered 2 bacon egg cheese, 2 sausage egg cheese and 2 sausage egg no cheese on toasted croissant from Dunkin' Donuts on 1513-1515 John Fitzgerald Kennedy Blvd, Jersey City, NJ 07305, croissant was not cooked, bacon & sausage very dry like was heated more than once, manager has an attitude doesn't care, even the owner doesn't care about all bad reviews and customer care of DD don't care either. But the question here is what's the solution? If we pay for the food and we get bad food and service I call that rip off.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I entered Dunkin' Donuts on 545 William Floyd Parkway in Shirley on the evening of November 26th, 2017. I was barely seventeen minutes into my meal (two Boston cremes and a soda) when the lady manager came over, and rudely ended my nice Melissa & Doug puppet show I was doing for everyone's entertainment, and threw me out of the place!! I was a legit paying customer. She had no grounds to expel me from this doughnut shop! She gave me this ** that a number of customers had complained about my impromptu thanksgiving comedy. I did not see anyone complaining about my humorous little show!! For a restaurant manager to be that way to a paying customer just because he is doing a charming puppet show is so much unprofessional **!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Went to my local Dunkin' in Mountain Top PA for donuts I promised the kids. And there was flies buzzing all around donut and muffin case. Asked the employee if there was any other donuts available and got a reply that I should have came earlier. After getting that reply and seeing how much the owner really cares about cleanliness I will not be giving them any more of my business.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Went to Dunkin' this morning to get breakfast before work and as I’m leaving I take a bite out of my bacon egg and cheese wake up wrap to come to find out that half the egg was missing. Utterly disgusting.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I went into Dunkin on my lunch break, 3 employees in the store, one making waffle cones, and carrying on a conversation while the other one ran to serve the guest. After 4 min I placed my order. Diet restriction, no bread. I chose a turkey sausage patty and hash browns, the hash browns were tossed in a bag, the worker forgot the sausage, she then made the sausage and tossed it on top of the hash browns. I asked for catsup and a fork. I was offered a knife and nothing more!!! When I got to my table my food was cold, the sausage was like rubber, the hash browns at that point were cold and edges burnt. I took pics and then tossed the food in the trash and walked out.

Original review: July 3, 2018

DUNKIN DONUTS at 216 County Ave, Secaucus, NJ is consistently down on quality. (BURNT COFFEE, CURDLED MILK/CREAM). The last time I made complaint was for curdled cream. I was told it was from SPLENDA. I don't even use SPLENDA. What a load and the list goes on. For the money you pay for Cup of coffee you should get what you pay for good consistent product, not so here. McDonald has better coffee for half the price. Don't waste your time and hard earned money.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Their website doesn't work. You can't add or edit DD card. The people who run the website are incompetent as hell. They can't even fix it. I give up and won't be buying much from Dunkin' now. It's getting overly expensive too. I'll learn to make my own. Probably better for you that way.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have been going to the Dunkin' Donuts in Concord NH address 101 Loudon Rd for over a year now. EVERY DAY and for months now I have been disrespected and harassed by the manager there ** starting with her lying and saying my husband and I are not allowed to request people to make our coffees. Something we did because people there would mess it up. We would wait patiently even to have certain People make it if at the time they were busy. It got to the point where if she saw us coming she would pull people off the register just to prevent this. It has now escalated to her lying. Tell us we could not have our drinks made anymore cause of allergies but both items used are on the menu too.

Now telling us one day she is going to charge us 3 of these drink for the amount of chi I have in it to the next day it being 2 only to prove this to just be her lying. We have walked in to hear her rudely talk about us or how she was going to try to make it so we don't keep coming back. I have never had to deal with such unprofessional people until going to this Dunkin' Donuts. It's now to the point I won't even go in. I sit outside with my children and have my husband go in for us cause I don't want my children around her and the way she speaks to us it has gone so far I'm considering looking into harassment lawsuit against this location if nothing is done about this.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Apex NC Store. Went Friday evening 6.30 pm, 2 coffees one decaf cream and Sweet and Low and 1 regular cream and Sweet and Low, sounds easy... right. She needs us to repeat it 3 times. We wait 10 minutes for 2 cars in front of us and she gets it wrong, I went off at this time. Are you kidding me people, I am surprised after all the reviews I read about this store that DD lets them keep this open. They franchise I realize but it gives DD a bad name and I wont go back, I went to Starbucks the very next day, I'll pay more for good service. And I've called 2 times today and they wont let me talk to the manager, what a store, oh the kid that works in the back was yelling at me through the window and he had nothing at all to do with my order at all. Avoid this store for the sake of your humanity.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I ordered in advance 13 dozen donuts for a company event this morning and I asked for a variety of donuts and when I got back to office and opened the boxes only one dozen were filled donuts out of the 13 and the balance were a few glazed a few chocolate a few with icing and sprinkles. Obviously of 156 donuts more than 12 should have been filled. I should have went to a local bakery or bakery in the grocery store. Very disappointed.

Dunkin' Donuts Company Information