3.12/5

344 Chick-fil-A Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 30, 2019

Chick-fil-A has just the most amazing environment. There is always such positive atmosphere that you can't help but smile when you walk in. The employees are super friendly and you immediately form a connection with them. The food is obviously absolutely amazing and tastes perfectly, also they have healthy options and allergy alternatives. The stores are extremely clean and everything is always stocked. The service is fast, although it gets busy a lot, and everyone checks in to see if anything is needed. The Christian environment is also another thing I love about the restaurant. Many people write bad reviews because of 1 bad experience, but that shouldn't keep you from coming again, there could have just been something off that one day. Chick-fil-A is definitely the number one choice and everyone should go there.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Things I LOVE about Chic-fil-A: Christian company. A nice play-place for the kids. Christian music playing on the speakers & in restroom. Always clean and never dirty or gross. Employees are SUPER NICE and helpful, always say 'my pleasure'. Chic-fil-A sauce is absolutely delicious. Things I DO NOT like about Chic-fil-A:

Monosodium Glutamate & Disodium Guanylate confirmed in the food, this is a neurotoxin, NOT a flavor enhancer. Corn syrup in the sauces, but I'm glad the high fructose corn syrup was removed. No gluten-free buns or dairy free desserts for families like mine that have a gluten and dairy allergy. If the food had the MSG and corn syrup taken out and if there were some gluten-free and dairy free options, this would definitely be 5 star restaurant all the way! -Joshua **

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My only issue with Chick-fil-A is that they have so many customers in the drive-thru that you can easily find yourself in line in the street. In the Cary location and Smithfield location does not have sufficient room in the parking lot. There have been times when I went elsewhere because the line was so long and all parking to go inside was full. They need to allow more space when building a new location. I especially like this chain because the staff always seems to be clean and neat. I check the sanitation rating wherever I eat and if it is below 95, I do not eat.

Original review: May 28, 2018

The Chick-fil-a in Statesville North Carolina is wonderful, it's extremely clean, the staff is respectful, polite, and courteous to customers, they wait on you in a timely manner. The staff also bring the food to your table. If you're dining in the restaurant, come by and ask if you need a drink refill, and they also pick up your tray of trash if you're finished. I actually ate there tonight, the play area was closed due to a child got sick, and they cleaned the area in a timely manner as well and kept it closed so it could be completely sanitized, after hours. I was impressed, that's a great thing so germs cannot be spread among the children and adults.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Their business is well organized from breakfast through the evening dinner. The traffic flow is especially handed well while receiving your order in a very reasonable time. The quality of the food is exceptional and very tasting. The employees are always friendly, and go out of their way to please with politeness. The ladies working on the floor are expedient in cleaning the tables and refreshing your drinks. It's just a great organization with so many positives regardless which Chick-fil-A you eat. The same everywhere. It has to be the top food chain based on service, quality of food, employee services organization, and finally ownership.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chick-fil-A?

Original review: May 18, 2019

I hate this new personalized drive-thru. It’s so weird, stressful, anxiety inducing, and obnoxious that they have people outside taking your orders and trying to have conversations with you while you’re just trying to make it through and order food. I don’t even want to eat here anymore because it is an uncomfortable, anxiety inducing nightmare. You can’t even see the menu because they’re standing outside of your car forcing you to order before you can even get close enough to see it.

Original review: May 7, 2019

As a fellow Believer & supporter, our family feels very disappointed in treatment. As a homeschool mom we eat a lot @ Chick-fil-A. Whenever there is teacher appreciation or coupons they are never honored.

Original review: April 30, 2019

As I was leaving the cash register after placing my order. Grabbed some condiments then to my table and my food was handed to me as I was sitting down. The staff was super fast, this has never happened to me ever. This place is awesome and has a great staff.

Original review: April 17, 2019

My family and I decided to go out for dinner. A rare occasion. We thought we would treat our teenage daughter. Well we were all horrified to see that the ice tea was served in Styrofoam cups? Does this company care about the environment at all? I will not go back there ever again. I do not need my iced tea to be served in a Styrofoam cup for one serving of iced tea to live in a land fill forever. My husband had a good idea though, maybe they could keep all of the Styrofoam cups and make a big float. Hmmm.

Original review: April 3, 2019

The food was great. The employees were very friendly and helpful. They prepared my order as requested. The restroom was very clean. I did not have any problems placing my order with the cashier. Ms. ** was very nice and courteous. I would recommend that everyone visit Chick-fil-A.

Original review: April 3, 2019

8221 Marbach Rd, San Antonio, TX 78227. On April 1st, 2019 my kids wanted to stop at Chick-fil-A after school. My disabled son was with me at the time and I proceeded to place three separate orders at the drive-thru when suddenly the the lady standing outside taking our order kept rushing me and made it clear that I can ONLY place three orders. I was surprised because she interrupted me mid-sentence while placing the last order. Fine, I can take my money where they don't mind if I place three orders or more. What does it matter anyway since I am paying?

Got to the pick-up window, the girl handed me a wrong order. She looked upset when I told her this was not my order and gave it back. I watched as they began to talk and walk back and forth looking for my order. I waited patiently for them to give me the correct order but I could feel they were already upset and stressed. The girl comes to the window, no smile, not even a thank you, just very angrily shoved the bag in my hands. It's not my fault if you can't get the orders correct so why blame the customers? We were in a good mood before placing the order but left feeling very disappointed. I expected a higher level of customer service from this restaurant. When I thought it couldn't get any worse, I arrived home to find my order was wrong again. I called to see if I could get a refund but was placed on hold and waited for five minutes and no one ever came to the phone.

I hung up and called back later that same day and spoke with the Marketing Director and she said she was not able to give me a refund but would replace the entire meal. I thought, wow that's great. She said I could go through the drive-thru to pick it up since my son is disabled, I did not need to get off. She said she was making note of this information in the books for reference. I made sure with her before hanging up the phone that it would be ok to go through the drive-thru and she said yes. They should not give me any hassle. She said she would let them know and it would be all set. I felt relieved but from what I have experienced in the past at this same restaurant, I knew something was going to go wrong and I was right.

Fast forward to today, 04/02/2019. My husband goes in to pick up my son's replacement order through the drive-thru and with our luck, the marketing director is not in and they start being rude and giving my husband a lot of hassle. This is exactly what I was afraid of but the marketing director reassured me that she would let them know. So my husband calls me from the drive-thru and tells me that they do not want to honor the replacement order. Ok, so I get on the phone and immediately call Chick-fil-A and the manager is on the phone with me. She says they cannot give my husband the order because the marketing director had not spoken to them about us picking it up through the drive-thru. I explain that my son is disabled and cannot go inside for the order.

After five minutes on the phone with her trying to explain the situation, she still did not understand so I told her to go check the books. The marketing director said she would write down all the information and took my name down. She puts me on hold and finally comes back. She says she did not know that the marketing director had given us permission to go through the drive-thru so they finally gave my husband the correct meal but he said they were very rude and weird about the whole situation.

This is exactly what should NOT happen from a Christian establishment. To avoid this from happening again, we will be taking our business elsewhere. Also, the owner's response was very snarky and tried to cover up their mistake by saying some people only focus on the negativity. Well, if your establishment projects negativity don't you think it's time to correct the real problem? I am also a Christian and also believe in Christian values but to belittle and mistreat customers who belong to the disabled community is way beyond evil and you can hear it in the tone of the owner's response.

In his anger, the owner also exposed our names that were given to the marketing director. Not once did I give her or the owners of this establishment permission to post my name publicly. That information should be kept private. I believe this was was done out of spitefulness in order to mock us for complaining about the rude service we received.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I used to eat here (Chick-fil-A Hapeville, GA) every week, sometimes twice. Guess things have definitely changed, I sat at the counter & ordered a burger as always from this location, (dressed) and said specifically I wanted mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion and ketchup. When I got the burger, the bun was drenched with butter that had been cooked on the grill, and dark toasted all around the edges. Why are you now putting butter on a bun? I asked specifically for mayo. Why would you put butter all over the bun and grill it?

Additionally, I wanted raw onion, never mentioned grilled. I was shocked when I got my bill, first, to see I was charged $4.99 for a burger (no cheese)(Chick-fil-A's are less than $4) then charged 50 cents extra for grilled onions. As always 30 cents for lettuce & tomato. The $2.85 for fries and $2.49 for tea. My total for burger fries & tea was $11.99 which is ridiculous and it wasn't good. I did not ask for large anything. My local Chick-fil-A near me no longer serves burgers. They charge $3.39 for Chick-fil-A, $2.09 for large fries, & $2.02 for large drink. What is going on? And how can a burger possibly cost more than a Chick-fil-A? I won't be going back. Buttered hamburger buns really?

Original review: March 28, 2019

Every time I come to eat, and study at the Chick-Fil-A on Sugarloaf, and 316 it is always clean, the food is always excellent, and the customer is just amazing! The crew always greets customers with a welcoming hello, and you're welcome that makes you feel like a king or queen! I mean where else can you get a my pleasure after a thank you... Only at Chick-Fil-A!

Original review: March 25, 2019

Chick-fil-A at Menlo Park Mall. Whenever I order Chick-fil-A, it is always amazing quality! Their chicken sandwich is very good and the workers are very friendly. Some come around and ask if everything is good or if I need a refill. If you order through their app, it takes a very short amount of time. Their rewards and deals are very useful as I use them a lot. Overall, it is a great place and their food is very delicious.

Original review: March 20, 2019

We went there this morning and ordered 2 chicken biscuits and they were undercooked, crumbly, doughy so I took them back to the counter only to get two more just like the first two. Hash browns were not done. Left feeling like I skipped breakfast. Very disappointed.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Chick-fil-A at Benchwood in Vandalia is the worst in taking orders and give you what you order and the quality of service the customer deserve. Management can’t retain employees, it seems they make interviews weekly. Avoid the Chick-fil-A at 3339 Benchwood Rd, Dayton, Ohio 45414.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Customers don’t respect the playground is for toddlers three and under. The sign they have is not big enough or people just don’t care. Two kids around 7-8 years old jumping with shoes. Luckily, they didn’t break the slides or anything. Terrible experience, the mother was cursing and screaming and the manager didn’t do much. That woman was so racist because she said “Oh. You speak English”. Seriously, I couldn’t believe that. I go to Chick-fil-A twice a week because my daughters like it, but I will start looking for alternatives. If you have little kids, don’t come here.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I paid $6 for a bowl of beans. How do you call this chicken tortilla soup. This is pathetic and overpriced. I will not be returning to Chick-fil-A to get ripped off and waste my lunch time. And to top it off some of the beans were not even cooked. Overall terrible experience.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Hello. My name Erin. I purchased food from Chick-fil-A on RT 22 in Union. My food wasn't hot. Fries a little undercooked. Overall I feel like my lunch was wasted. Couldn't enjoy my food the way I wanted to after I spend 20 something dollars.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Wow! I have been going here for over 10 years and I do not think I have ever gotten a bad experience. They always go above and beyond for their customers. They are sweet and don't try to rush you like most fast food.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I have yet to find a bad experience at any of their locations in my entire life. The food is great, high quality, fresh and pretty good. The only con is the prices and how far away it is from my apartment, but overall, it is definitely worth the drive and money!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Chick-fil-A is not honest about MSG in their foods. I'm highly allergic and others should know that it's dangerous to the brain and body. They claim to be a healthy option fast food eating. It's actually the worst kind of food is food with MSG. Do your research it's bad to eat this. Why put it in your claimed to be healthy food. Won't eat there ever. I found out the hard way eating their chicken sandwich. Scary will not eat out now because restaurants do not gave to disclose they use poisons and it's wrong.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I swear this is the only fast food restaurant I have been to that the employees aren't rude or act as if they were forced to come to work there. They make their customers feel at home, unlike their competitors who make you regret ever pulling up the intercom to place a order.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Never seem to get order correct. I waited 8 mins to have my order done correctly. Prior to waiting 3 mins in drive thru. This has been my worst experience here at this Chick-fil-A. I tried and tried patiently but I know I have to go to the next nearest Chick-fil-A. It really sad.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Our 3 year old grandson’s favorite place for lunch for the last year was always the Chick-fil-A in Brookfield, CT, where we took him at least weekly. He enjoyed the chicken nuggets and he loved playing in the enclosed indoor playground. We felt the food was of decent quality, the service was excellent and the playground area appeared to be safe. All of this changed on Sept. 24.

While in the playground he fell and suffered a deep gash just above his left eye, causing him to bleed profusely and to cry hysterically. The manager on duty provided a first aid kit and called EMS, while a friendly off duty nurse was able to stop the bleeding. The EMS team examined him for concussion symptoms (none) and rather than transport him with their vehicle and cause additional emotional strain, they advised us to take him to the Emergency Room at Danbury hospital. Once there he was again checked over and the gash was treated with a bonding substance rather than stitches which would have been more painful. For the next month the wound remained covered by a large bandage; he still has a small scar which we hope will fade over time.

Chick-fil-A prides itself on having a strong moral and ethical brand. Much to our surprise and that of many others, the corporate brain trust of Chick-fil-A determined that in no way was their restaurant responsible for the accident. Maybe they believe the gash was self-inflicted by a 3 year old child. Nevertheless, the fact is that he exited the playground bleeding and crying, and when asked at the hospital what happened he knew he fell while using the playground. Now when asked where he wants to have lunch, his response is “not Chick-fil-A."

As grandparents our only concern at the restaurant was to control the bleeding and crying and then transport him to the hospital. It never occurred to us to ask for names of the people who may have witnessed the fall. While we will never set foot in any Chick-fil-A again, each consumer must make an individual decision. But here is a word of caution. If you allow any child to utilize the playground - it is not as safe as you might believe, and be sure you record the child’s playtime, just in case.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Chick-fil-A has pretty delicious food but their service is ** garbage, I was going to purchase some food through the drive-thru and I bought a burger and chicken nugget with some fries. They ** forgot the fries and instead of chicken NUGGETS they put ** slimy low-quality chicken tenders. ** awful service. Go fire your employees who are lazy **.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I went into location in Waco, Tx Baylor county. Evidently my kind is not wanted and I go at least 3 thru 4 times a week. On this day I placed my order thru app as normal and afterwards I wanted to redeem softdrink with my points. When the server delivered my order I told her, “I’m about to be late for work. Can you get softdrink I just placed.” To my pure horror I sat in the window and watched her wait on three other guest. By this time I called the store 3 times back to back and finally somehow it was forward to David store owner and by this time I blow my horn and when server finally come out I said, “What took you so long.” Got order drove off. When I get to work he calls about 8:45 advise break will be at 9:30a. Pls call back. I forget about whole issue and continue to go.

I noticed servers were getting ruder and ruder. Fast forward week later David the owner calls me back. He proceed to tell me the calls are recorded and he hear me blow my horn and ask server what took you so long. He then said she apologized to him. I ask, “On the recording did you ever hear her apologize to me.” He admitted, "No but she apologized to me". "Ok. I guess you are the customer". He then told me that since they are not to my satisfaction he basically think it best I do not come back. Ok thank you. $600.00 later I am here feeling like the bad guy. No Chick-fil-A a for me friends or family. I guess some companies do not deserve benefit of doubt but today I was taught a lesson.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

First off CFA are a bunch a lying ** people. How the hell do you create a damn app for points, but then you say you can’t reverse the points back when y’all app stole my damn points... **... didn’t give no accommodations for THEIR app problems. I had 699 points and I went to get a fountain drink for 250 points but they took 500 points for that.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

This is the 2nd time I pay about $5 for 6 tiny PCs of nuggets all overcooked and too salty and almost burned. I want to talk to manager about it. He was busy. Was told to come back later!!!! That was my last purchase from them.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I love Chick-fil-A especially their breakfast. However, the other day I had the worst customer experience at the Georgia State University campus branch. I had entered the store at 1030 am and the line was long with some of the cash counters not in service. I reached cash counter at 1030 am and they said they stop serving at 1030 am. It was exactly 1030 am! It can not be my fault that they had some of the counters closed at a peak hour like that and not to mention I had entered the store 6 minutes before the breakfast window closes! I left the shop without any purchase. I never expect this kind of behavior from a company like Chick-fil-A.

Chick-fil-A Company Information