3.34/5

Looking for a loan company?

Westlake Financial

Looking for a loan company?

661 Westlake Financial Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 15, 2019

Westlake Financial has always been good to me. Every time I have spoken with them over the past two years with my vehicle loan, they have always been nice, professional and very willing to help me if I was behind. They are there for you to help in any way possible. I am grateful for Westlake Financial for they gave me the chance to rebuild my credit.

Today I had the pleasure of speaking to Jose **. What a wonderful customer service rep. He was very kind, easy to talk to, respectful and even had me laughing at one point. He helped me and answered my questions! This gentleman was so awesome he deserves a promotion and a raise! I wish all customer service reps could be as wonderful as him. I highly recommend Westlake Financial for your auto loan needs for they honestly care about their customers! Thank you again, Westlake Financial and Jose **! Sincerely, Carol **

Westlake Financial response

Hi Carol. Thank you so much for your positive review! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience. We value our customers and appreciate the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have had minimal problems with Westlake, other than their representatives never knowing what is going on and having to call multiple times to fix an issue. Not ideal customer service but pretty typical of loan sharks. However, today I spoke with Erik **. I was dealing with a NSF fee that was unnecessary and this was my second call to try and take care of it. Originally I was told the fee would fall off and to not worry about it. I called back today because it has been a month and we are getting calls to ask how we want to pay our accruing fees. I called and Erik helped with the account. He dealt with every question effectively and gave me his name at the end so I can speak to him personally should something go wrong after today. Very good service.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake! Thank you for your comments about Erik. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Spoke with many agents. As you can see I called 10x today. No one seemed to want to help or actually care about my current situation, but then I spoke with Cassandra ** and what can I say? Spoke with me on the phone, guided me through everything with patience, didn’t leave me on hold for more than 10 minutes, helped me out with everything I needed, and she was more than happy to listen to my frustration and get me the help I need to get my situation taken care of. CASSANDRA ** BEST AGENT IN WESTLAKE FINANCIAL. I give her my VOTE for best customer service.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake, Melissa. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. We have passed along your praises to Cassandra. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Westlake Financial Services is an excellent company, and has serviced us perfectly for more than a year. Westlake Financial Services was quickly responsive to our needs today. Renzo, is the young lady that we would like to commend for her patience, her professionalism, and knowledge. We were able to change our password to our convenient online account smoothly, and easily, thanks to Renzo. This made our payment less expensive and easier to do. Since Angela and I are FE (Field Engineers) DBMS (Data Base Management Systems) for the Global Enterprise Systems, Asynchronous Communications are important to us, and we are always delighted to find a great team to help us. Thank You Renzo, and Westlake Financial Services.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We work hard to provide great customer service to all of our customers and we are glad to hear that you received just that! If you have any questions about your account in the future, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Jessica is the best customer service representative that I have had the pleasure to work with. We were in a accident and going through the insurance protocol and our car was not driveable so it was towed to a lot. Long story short when my insurance company went to pick up the car to evaluate it they were told it was repossessed. We called up Westlake Financial and were very upset to find this out and got Jessica (poor thing). She was very professional the whole time and believe me I was very upset to say the least to find out that they considered it a repossession. My husband had to talk to her because I was so upset.

Jessica still dug into what was going on and took our account to several upper management and found out that it was picked up by WF but it was not a repossession it was picked up to be assessed by their insurance department. She helped us file the claim with their insurance department and now we are all on the same page and we are going to get our totaled car paid off and everything taken care of. If Jessica had just done the minimum effort this would still be a mess. She went the extra mile for us and it was at the end of the day and I am sure it had been a long day for her. People like Jessica need to be praised for their hard work and I can't thank her enough for digging deeper and getting the right management involved. Thanks for going the extra mile Jessica, you are a rock star!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Kristen! We have passed along your praises to Jessica. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

They give me a loan of 15,000 dollars on a car and said I had to buy extend warranty through them. The car blew up and they won’t fix it so it looks like they lost 15,000 dollars. I won't ever make a payment.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Auggie is well trained, knows his job well and is fully competent and very professional. I have never had a bad experience with any of your customer service representatives, this says a lot about the quality of your trainers.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Westlake repossessed our car after it was reported to be stolen with a police statement. When the car was found we weren't notified. We called Westlake Financial services department and that's when we found out that our car was there in their possession because they had repossessed it and is now making us pay for the repossession after we had been rob of the car. Westlake wants us to pay 684.00 money that we doesn't have.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Darlene. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at WestlakeCustomerCare@Westlakefinancial.com

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I had bought a newer car at a rental sales company. I had never questioned the loan, and took the sales guy’s word as to what was offered through Westlake Financial. I have been making payments ahead of the due date through my checking account. I made the mistake of enrolling in automatic payment, provided on the Westlake Financial website. Westlake had taken two payment out 48 hours apart. I had not made a payment manually, either. The payments were withdrawn twice for June.

I called Westlake on a Friday and the agent acknowledged the mistake and said the money would be returned to my account. I called again the following Thursday, asking about the refund. The agent said I was paid through July, and my next payment would be in August. I needed my money back in my account. The extra withdrawal, overdrafted my account plus the car insurance autopay came out which overdrafted my account further. I talked to my bank and they helped me file a temporary coverage until Westlake returned the money. Then I called Westlake again, they said they were mailing the refund, 5-10 business days. I never received any said check.

July payment date arrives, and again Westlake withdraws a payment. I am on the phone again... And get some person, who again sees the error. This time I just asked the bank to stop the “pending transaction.” Westlake still has not reimbursed me, and they had sent me and NSF letter for $25 addition to my August payment. Again I call and the agent says they will submit a request for the $25 to be removed, since I said it was their error and I had to stop the payment, because Westlake said the extra payment in June covered my July bill.

I decided to check with my employee credit union about transferring the loan. Easy fix! I have a lower payment and a reasonable interest rate. I had to pay the August payment, for the time to transfer to the credit union loan. I have to still have to fight to get the $25 NSF dropped. From reading the reviews, and talking to my new loan officer, I was being way overcharged, twice the original value of the car. For anyone reading this, research loan institutions. If your employer has a credit union, use them first. Don’t go blindly into a loan contract.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for your feedback, Nancy. We’re sorry you had a negative customer experience with us. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we would like to investigate the reason for this further. Please contact us at WestlakeCustomerCare@Westlakefinancial.com so we can follow up with you personally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I love you guys! The BEST company ever! I been with Westlake Financial over a year and I won't go to no other company. Great customer service! Go here no joke! They are the most understanding company to finance thru. Love you all! Keep up the great work and for many more satisfying customers like me!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with Westlake Financial Services. If you ever have any questions about your account, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192.

Westlake Financial Company Information