2.12/5

Looking for a loan company?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

535 Westlake Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Bought a van awhile back. I deferred a few payments but was never told that at the end of loan I would have a balloon payment!!! So I got to my last payment, got a call from them to remind me that my payment was due and it would be 777.00... I about had a heart attack. They said once I paid that my loan would be paid in full and I would receive my title in 30 days. I made the payment and guess what? NO TITLE!!! I called them to be told I still owed 365.00 in imaginary fees!!! If that was the case why was I not told this when I made the last payment. Well I was told that my loan was paid no worry about repo but I would not receive my title until I paid 365 more. What **! So it's been probably about 4 yrs. I argued until I was blue in the face. They will not give me the title so on my credit report it shows a charge of collection. It looks like a repo which is not right...

I talked to a laywer and nobody has the balls to go up against this scum company... Now the van sits in my driveway and is undrivable and I can't do anything with it with no title... It has a blown head gasket. And I will tell everyone I know or meet that try to finance a car to not finance a car through them... The DMV told me they have heard of a lot of people getting screwed out of their titles and people need to stay the hell away from this shady company!!! And was told that I need to find a good laywer and go after these people. DMV TOLD ME THIS! SHAME ON WESTLAKE FINANCIAL FOR TAKING ADVANTAGE OF INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I, luckily, am not one of the people who has had to deal with this bank - since I buy all my vehicles outright. However I recently purchased a used vehicle from a dealership in MA. The title to the vehicle was supposed to be in on January 4th. I was told by the dealer that the bank was holding up the title and it would be in that week. I took possession of the vehicle and registered it with 20 day temp plates in my state. Several days later I found out Westlake held the title for the vehicle and I wanted to know what the hold up was.

I called and spoke to a very rude individual who indicate the dealership had only just paid off the vehicle to Westlake and the title wouldn’t be released until January 23rd; with the dealer receiving it early February. I indicated several times that I owned the vehicle now; not Westlake and with Westlake holding up the title it was preventing me from permanently registering my car. I was basically told “too bad”. I told this to the dealership who denied the claim that the vehicle was only just paid off several days after I even bought it - and judging by these reviews I’m more apt to believe the dealership instead of Westlake.

On January 15th the dealer called me and further confirmed Westlake wouldn’t be releasing the title until January 23rd and the dealer wouldn’t get it until early February. As a result I had to contact my DMV and plead for them to make an exception in my case since my temp plates would be expired before the title arrived. Absolutely horrendous company when it comes to releasing titles. If the title is not received in a timely manner to the dealer - which my state DMV is now expecting from the dealer, then there will be further action taken.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

While I had my loan I had no problems. They worked with me on late payments, always called to check on things. I paid my car off in 2015 got the title. Today I tried to trade that same, paid off, car in and lo and behold Westlake has my car listed as a repossession. Really, I have title in hand and you recently listed my car on my credit as a repo. Thanks for being inconsiderate screwups. I call and get told, "It’s not your problem." I was going to try y’all again to get financed but that is now NOT going to happen.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

So my husband was trying to rebuild his credit, yes he had to go with a subprime lender, but the contract was made with Honor Finance. We paid every month early, in fact, we were paid ahead by 6 months. Never an issue on the loan. Come the end of August '18, I attempt to log in and pay ahead another few months when there is a notice that Westlake Portfolio Management has now assumed the servicing of the loan. No big deal, set up a new login, but during the conversion I notice our payments were not applied correctly, as they had been before. We had paid ahead with the previous company, but you could designate if you wanted that to be applied as a principal payment only, or per monthly payment so the daily interest would be paid. We chose the latter so the interest would be paid monthly and not add up.

During the conversion, it was switched to a lump sum payment and no interest was paid. Never got that fixed. Fast forward to the end of the year, the payment is up to date, but my husband was laid off and we were afraid we wouldn't have enough to make the whole payment. We call and ask for a deferment for the Jan payment, before it was even due, trying to be proactive. We were informed that we had to wait until the payment was one day late before the system would even allow the request to be made. We call back one day later and we are told because he hasn't made 6 on-time payments he isn't eligible unless he pays $50.

We have made 2 years of on-time payments! They don't count all of our previous payment history with Honor, only with them. So, we put in the request, wait all week, get more collection calls, finally we get a CSR that looks at the notes and sees we have requested the deferment over a week ago. Transferred to a Ms. **, supervisor, who assures my husband with the $50 payment made and the request submitted, his deferment was approved and there was no late fee as well, since the previous info of having to be past due by one day before the request can be made was incorrect.

Now the next day, today, my husband receives a phone call from their collections that he is past due and how would he like to pay? This is ridiculous. I have worked in loans for many years, including originations and servicing, as well as collecting on those loans, and never have I encountered such incompetence and lack of understanding. They claim to be a loan company, but from my research they appear to be a buyer of subprime loan packages to add to their servicing portfolio.

They hire cheap labor, give them minimum training on the nature of loans, and apparently instruct them to just collect by any means. I understand they now own some car lots, but once again, we are talking about JD Byrider and lots like that that have went out of business or have made so many bad loans they can't stay afloat. Beware, I do NOT recommend anyone get a loan through these people, and if by some cruel act of fate your loan gets bought by them or transferred to them for servicing, get out of it ASAP!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I had a heart attack in November and fell behind on all my bills. I made my first payment on January 10. I look up my account to see if the payment posted and it shows an NSF fee. I checked with my bank and they said the payment and my deposit hit the same day. I just want to make sure will they resubmit the ACH or do I need to pay with a cc card? No word about fees. Just do not want them to repo the vehicle like they threatened to do. I have the money but I am EXTREMELY WORRIED.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Dominick. We are very sorry to hear that your concerns were not addressed and would love the opportunity to help. Please contact us at your earliest convenience, so that we may gather more information to help us resolve this for you. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Purchased a vehicle from a dealership, asking cash price $8861, down payment $3500, amount financed with Westlake Services $5399, finance charge $2435 (23.39%). 1st of 39 payments due 12/7/18 $200.91. Westlake contacted us via text with a Reminder on 12/7/18 that the payment was due and ask to press 1 to pay now or 2 to unsubscribe.

Husband having tried to set up auto pay unsuccessful decided to pay this way. Pressed one to pay the 1st payment. Was ask a few questions such as how he would like to pay, bank info, amount, and security questions etc. Ended the conversation with a confirmation and goodbye. Thinking the payment had been made we skip to the 2nd payment. Now it was due on 1/7/19. He called the bank's auto services to make payment because he had not received a text this time. He was told that the loan had been paid off. Balance zero. Thinking this was a mistake he calls and could only get told it was paid in full.

His job being what it is required him to wait till he got home to try and figure out what was wrong. Morning of 1/10/19 he’s on the phone trying to figure things out and make payment. I must add that during the month of Dec & January he got calls from the bank about things but never about a late payment or anything about account being in danger.

Before he could get in touch with Someone the day he returned home from work 1/10/19 to find out how to make 2nd payment the car was repossessed. Our 16-year-old call after school and said her car was not where she parked it and thought we had came and picked it up to put the new tires on, which we had planned but buy it off another day. We thought it had been stolen. Never thinking it was repossessed because we thought the 1st payment was paid on 12/7/18 then the 2nd payment was only 3 days late and he had been trying to make the payment since 1/7/19.

1st I go get my child who was stranded at school then he gets on the phone and finally finds out that Westlake sold our loan back to the dealer before the 2nd payment came due. They claim they never received the 1st payment on 12/7/18. After going back and forth with bank & Westlake we found out that the payment was never taken from our account. Now I must admit that we should’ve been more careful on making sure the 1st payment was received or even maybe making sure the money was taken from the bank or worked harder to find out why we couldn’t make the 2nd payment. But why was we never notified about anything being wrong or missed payments. Why or where did that text come from and who might have our account info?

All we know at this moment after 20 calls to Westlake and a few to the dealer is that the loan was voided and the dealer was forced to buy the loan after the 1st payment was never received. The dealer has told us to bring him what he paid the bank and the recovery fee, $5700 & we can have the car back. I must point out that the only reason we used Westlake was because we had no option but to get financed with this company who was charged a arm and a leg. But it’s not their fault we have less than perfect credit. That’s our fault. But it is their fault for not communicating with us there was a problem.

I’m hoping someone with Westlake will reach out to us with a resolution. In the meantime we are doing everything we can to get my daughter's car back. And I’m hoping someone will read this and learn from our mistakes... research these banks that over to help you with less than perfect credit because I’m researching now and I understand why we are in this horrible place. Can anyone tell me if the bank or dealership did anything illegal? Can the dealer really buy back a loan from a bank and then repo your car without even a call? Help me understand someone, anyone?

Westlake Financial response

Hi Christy, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

The customer service rep Ronald was very polite and answered all the questions I needed and also educated me on my interest and principal payments. He was very helpful. I appreciate the business. It was a pleasure working with Westlake customer service.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Tamra! We have passed along your praises to Ronald. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I paid this loan off on Nov 27th. As of Tuesday, Jan 8th I still have not received the title. I’ve called several times and had to deal with the rudest customer service reps I’ve ever seen. If there was a lower rating than 1-star, I’d use it. Westlake Financial Services’ customer service is horrible. Every single customer person I’ve spoken to is beyond rude and acts like you’re a second-rate citizen. It gets worse if you dare ask questions. No matter how desperate you are for financing, steer clear of this company at all costs.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for your feedback Billy. We’re sorry you had a negative customer experience with us. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we would like to investigate the reason for this further. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com so we can follow up with you personally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Currently I’m a customer with Westlake Financial for over a year and a half. During that time I have never made a late payment and always stayed of top of my finances to make to make sure that there wasn’t any issues. The problem began on 12-18-18 when I called to get a buyout amount for my current vehicle. I clearly remember asking the representative to give me the total amount that I will need to make the check for plus any other cost that will be included in regards to amount of time the check will take to get to their office. They assured me that the current amount was accurate and that they will be no issue if they receive a check for the same amount. The check was mailed out on 12-19-18 and after several days I called the company to make sure that they had received to check.

After many aggravating calls no one was able to help me in regards to knowing anything about the check, keep in mind this is after I received confirmation from UPS that the check was delivered and UPS even give me the name of the person who signed for the delivery. Long story short I ended up with an additional balance that they claim that I will have to pay in order to clear up this depth.

My advice to anyone reading this is simple, I know how it feel to get the car of your dream or even the car you need to get by on a daily basis. Firstly Westlake Financial have one of the highest rate in the industry, their customer service personnel is somewhat helpful depending on the individual you are speaking to and the company is not trustworthy when it comes to their customers, it seems that all they care about is making as much money as possible even if it means ripping off their customers.

I hope that this explanation is enough to consider using another financing company, if not just look at the reviews online, which proves some of the lowest customer satisfaction in the industry. I wish that I would have looked up the reviews before doing business with this company and I really appreciate that Westlake usually reaches out to their customers in regards to this type of reviews. What I would recommend to the company is to actually try and help their clients so that they will be less issues when it comes to customer satisfaction, so there is no need to respond in order to correct this problem also I couldn't give a single star because clearly Westlake Financial doesn't deserve it.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Stephen. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest conveniece so that we can further assist you.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Spoke with many agents. As you can see I called 10x today. No one seemed to want to help or actually care about my current situation, but then I spoke with Cassandra ** and what can I say? Spoke with me on the phone, guided me through everything with patience, didn’t leave me on hold for more than 10 minutes, helped me out with everything I needed, and she was more than happy to listen to my frustration and get me the help I need to get my situation taken care of. CASSANDRA ** BEST AGENT IN WESTLAKE FINANCIAL. I give her my VOTE for best customer service.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake, Melissa. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. We have passed along your praises to Cassandra. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Ryan was a huge help with getting my account in good standing after having some financial hardships these past few months. He was very polite as well. It made all the difference and made for a lot less to worry about!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Whitney! We have passed along your praises to Ryan. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Laneishae was very helpful and understanding, I would recommend her services and plan to continue working with her. I’m glad I was able to speak with her in some of the most difficult times in our lives and to know she’s very understanding of some issues we face. She’s willing to go above and beyond to help her customers.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Wiladean! We have passed along your praises to Laneishae. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I am 19 years old and was proud as ever when I was able to purchase my very own vehicle for the first time. Little did I know what I got myself into when I agreed to terms with this company. I paid 60% of my first months payment and always kept up to date with my email to see if anything would go wrong but I got no email. I apparently received "tons of phone calls" but I reassure you I did not. Checked the app and it added the rest of that months payment onto the next, you'd think after not being contacted that it would mean everything was fine? NO. Walk into work to a random man asking everybody for my location, harassed almost. I then decided to surrender my vehicle and make the rest of the payment immediately but no that isn't honorable.

This company has no moral compass when trying to reason with their customers. And now at the age of 19 I have completely ruined my credit for the rest of my life over 80 dollars. Westlake has no remorse in their actions to a young man like me and never in a million years would I ever recommend this place to ANYONE. A very well deserved two star company that has nothing but the worst headed for them with continuous terrible actions made to their customers. I pray somebody researches this company and looks at all of these terrible reviews before purchasing a vehicle with them.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Codie. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

This is a horrible company, and some government agency needs to intervene in the predatory practices that this company engages in. This company is absolutely unethical. First I was told not to make a payment because they had an incorrect social security number provided by the dealership. I was told by the underwriting dept to wait till they verified my information with the dealership or my payment would not be properly credited. Then collections Sept said I was late. Then to make things worse they tried to say I was 2 months late on a vehicle I only had for one month. This is a truly shady company. If you have any other option, I would strongly recommend that you don't do business with Westlake Financial. You will regret it.

Westlake Financial response

James, thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019
    Good morning. Today is January the 2nd. I'm doing my video review only because I feel like writing this would be too long. At any case, I've been with Westlake Financial for two years. I've never fallen behind. I've actually paid ahead a month with them. Lost my job December of last year, December 2017. Still maintained my loan up to September. October, I wasn't able to pay because I'm in transition of work. However, November 23rd, I made a payment. They also took two payments out, which I had to fight for for them to reimburse me. That week alone, I spoke to at least six representative. Only one was very nice, and cordial, and assisted me in getting my refund for the second payment. I wish when I explained to everyone I would have my account up to date December 28th with my second check, it should have been documented, but however, it wasn't. The last rep I spoke to, which was the collections account manager, for me, she was very upset that I wasn't able to pay my second payment, and that I didn't have it in the month of November. I advised her to document my account that I will pay both payments December 28th. Come to find out, she would never document anything. What she did is have my account signed up for repossession after a month passed due. The month of December is not even over yet, and I wake up December 31st, and my vehicle is gone. Why? I do believe that Westlake Financial is unethical in taking care of their customers and not up to par whatsoever as far as [unclear 00:01:40] is concerned. Not only did she repossess my vehicle, but for the month of December, she had me on the auto-dialer receiving millions of phone calls each day from different numbers. And I knew it was from Westlake Financial because I called those numbers back and have a [unclear 0:01:55] of all the numbers. That is not fair to the customer whatsoever. I will be emailing the...
    Westlake Financial response

Hi Chrystal. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

The rep was really short talking and rude. I was trying to be nice and he was mean and nasty. I will never use them again ever. Their reviews are not good for that company which is in with Wells Fargo Bank.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for your feedback Richard. We’re sorry you had a negative customer experience with us. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we would like to investigate the reason for this further. Please contact us so we can follow up with you personally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Wonderful experience. Westlake Financial representative was really helpful, knowledgeable, caring and friendly. Really grateful to do business with Westlake Financial. They were able to deferred my payment when I needed the most...

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We work hard to provide great customer service to all of our customers and we are glad to hear that you received just that! If you have any questions about your account in the future, please feel free to contact our customer service team.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

After my husband passed away in September of 2015 I purchased a car through Paul ** in Reno Nevada through Westlake Financial Services out of Los Angeles California. I Surrender the car to them and they still continue to put amounts of money that I do not owe for them or to them about my car or for my car which was the 2015 Nissan Versa Note hatchback which was surrendered back to them in the same condition it was that I got when I purchased it. They are continuing to ruin my credit. They continue to add money to my credit score and tell them that worst negative buyer ever and all my payments were made on time never behind.

Westlake Financial response

Hi. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I have never had such a terrible lender. This is my third vehicle loan and I have never had any of the previous companies harass me as much as Westlake does. They call me from different numbers at all hours of the day. Recently my payment was due on a Sunday which I did not pay until Monday, sure enough they were calling me that Monday! Asking me when I was planning to pay and how much I was going to pay, I finally said, "I'm logged in as we speak, will post the payment now." And hung up. I'm 100% sure I have a grace period! Why are they calling me the next day asking if I'm going to pay? I always pay extra to try to pay this off ASAP. I was hoping to keep this lender until the balance was paid. But I after 3 months I can't handle this anymore. Already speaking to the other lenders I've used in the past in hopes to refinance ASAP and never have to deal with Westlake again!

Westlake Financial response

Hi Sandra. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we can further assist you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I was a excellent customer of theirs and even paid my car off early a few years back. So I went into a dealership the other night to get another loan and come to find out they wanted a 6,000 dollar downpayment on a 11,000 dollar car...it was almost as if they didn't take into consideration that I was a great customer with them.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Angela. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Westlake Financial repossessed my car after I complained Zeigler of Berwyn in Chicago committed fraud. Now they call everybody I know, but NOT ME. I've ALWAYS ANSWERED. Why they don't call me anymore???

Westlake Financial response

Hi Fenny, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

This company should not be in business. We have done a hand full of deals with them as a dealer. EVERY instance there are lies and dishonesty to us and or the customer. After a deal, service fees going up hundreds or a thousand dollars. Customers loans being pulled because they didn't do the work they said they would. RUN FAST, RUN FAR... I would NEVER recommend anyone to do business with them. If you do, take a shower. You'll feel filthy.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Suzanne. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

After I finished paying off my car loan they could not send my title. Do you want to know why? They said they did not have the correct address on file. I called over a period of 3 months correct it to no avail. Please remember, they had the correct address when they were sending the bills every month! They always transferred me to another shady outfit of theirs to have me pay to have the title mailed to me. Avoid them. As many others have said, avoid these shady people at all costs.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Denis. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we can further assist you.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Nicola, the agent that helped me, was very understanding and helpful to my needs. She listened and immediately wanted to help me and that's what makes the difference. I'm trying to do what's right and seeing that she wanted to help me do that. Thank you so much!!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Deshea! We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I’ve called complaining about the dealership I purchased a car from and fraudulent activities. Tonya was great. She documented all of my concerns and I was very pleased to know that she cared. Although I will never deal with Best Buy Auto in Philadelphia. I will recommend Westlake Financial.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Tanisha! Thank you for your comments about Tonya. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I been with this company for a year now. Been dealing with PTSD and fell behind on my truck payment. Got it repoed Friday. Paid to get it back Monday and today is Thursday. Been dealing with this for a week now and all I get is the runaround. My truck has been sent to auction now after I paid all my fees. From the beginning customer service gave me the wrong numbers of where my truck was at till yesterday that my truck got sent out to auction they gave me the correct number. Now they won't send the release letter to the auction place so that I can pick up the truck. Been told to shut up be quiet or else the rep won't help me. This is total crap. Will be talking to the BBB. And the FTC about this of what my options are this company is trash.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for your feedback Oscar. We’re sorry you had a negative customer experience with us. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we would like to investigate the reason for this further. Please contact us so we can follow up with you personally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I read all of the bad reviews on Westlake & I was nervous at first to say the least. However, Westlake was not that bad. I set up auto payments & I had no trouble dealing with them at all. Now, after 9 months of on time payments, I am as able to refinance with my Credit Union for a MUCH lower interest rate & a much shorter term. I am now on track to buying my first home. I wanted to say "Thank you" to Westlake for giving me a chance.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Amanda. On behalf of Westlake Financial Services, we wish to express our sincerest appreciation for your positive review. When it’s time to upgrade to a new vehicle, give us a call. Westlake offers incentives for its valued customers. Thank you and we look forward to the opportunity to service you in the future. Westlake Financial Services, Mon-Fri., 8 am – 5 pm PT.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have been with Westlake Financial following a purchase from Carmax for the last excruciating years. I went on work trip for two months and they towed my car. Which I admit is my fault. I paid in cash to pick it up and like most people was in a panic because I need to go to work with my only car. I spent over 4 hrs on the phone and was told the amount of the "Tow" charge and I verified with manager that the price was indeed the almost thousand dollars. This being a very high amount for me at the moment I triple checked.

I get the car back fast forward three months and I get hit with another $700 tow and retrieval fee and the rep is uninformed, knows nothing of my payment history and was rude to me when I asked why I am paying a late fee for the extra $700 (now at $10). This is actually the third time I have spoken with terrible customer service reps and obviously this company could care less and just wants the car back to resell. - Advice: never use this company. Run.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Ryan.Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I have been with Westlake for a year and it’s been nothing but hell. The whole customer service team are a bunch of idiots who barely are able to speak English, they don’t seem to know how to transfer a call or get a supervisor or anything really. Uneducated in the sense of customer service or anything Auto. If you are an auto loan company employee I believe it’s pretty important to at least know terms like ‘bill of sale’ or ‘copy of contract’, dude acted like I was speaking gibberish. Obviously ** they picked up off the road to read a script and that’s solely it. Won’t be my last complaint with these crooks.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Kenny, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Susanna was friendly and helpful! What more could you ask for when you've gotta make your car payment. She set up my next payment for me and then gave me an extension for the following month. It was an easy, stress free process.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for such a great review Sarah! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. We will also make sure that Susanna receives the recognition she deserves. She will be really happy to see your review. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Westlake Financial Company Information