2.31/5

Looking for a loan company?

473 Westlake Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Norienne did an awesome job assisting me w/ my account when I wasn't aware of certain updates. She remained cordial and professional even when I was upset. She made sure she assisted me before I got off the call. I am very pleased w/ the outcome and her service!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Why are all these stories sounding familiar? Why does this scam sound like a lawsuit waiting to happen? Something stinks, and it won't be long before we're checking to see what it is... in court. We could all use the money. I have one payment left. My credit report does not support these morons' claim of delinquency. Do they think that some of us getting in a credit bind makes us stupid? If so, that's a pretty good indication as to your own level of intelligence. You wanna draw the wrong kind of attention to shady business? Then keep harassing the people that were actually paying on time. I promise you, when I'm done, you'll be paying for a house, cars, and all the toys. OR, you can take your last payment and send me my ** title: easy. I don't believe in coincidence, side effect of being in the U.S. military. No story sounds this remarkably similar to all others. You're drawing the wrong kind of attention ** birds.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My car loan was transferred to this company a couple months ago as the original finance company was going out of business apparently... Sounds a little shady from everything else I’ve read… Kind of sounds like they have sub company said they open up, run, and then shut down so they can absorb the business. Anyways... They had me sign a deferment agreement for the month of September providing I pay my past balance for August and my account would be current. I signed the agreement and then realized that the dates were incorrect and now they tell me that it was based off of an approval which I was never told nor does it state that in the agreement letter and now they are telling me I’m still in default and that the deferment was not approved and they are not offering any more extensions for October.

If they are not offering extensions in October then why was I given one and never told it was based off of a manager approval nor was it listed in the agreement. I expect the agreement to be honored and my deferment held as agreed for payment of August held up, September payment deferred, and acct brought current with next payment due 10/17/2018, as I was told by your representative. as you can see, this “agreement” says nothing about needing an approval and appears to state its a legitimate deferment.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Lee. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I’ve made my payment on 10/09/2018 and Westlake Financial is saying they haven’t received it. I’ve already submitted the proof of payment that was given to me by my bank. I think this financial is a thief just trying to take people money. We should all get together and file a lawsuit.

Westlake Financial response

Hi. We are very sorry to hear that your concerns were not addressed and would love the opportunity to help. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we may gather more information to help us resolve this for you. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My loan was transferred to Westlake Financial. Worst experience ever. The first 2 months of my loan were spent on the phone arguing, faxing proof of payments that they claimed they never received a fax for, more phone calls and emailing proof of payments that I had made to my prior loan company. They CLAIMED they never received the payments from the prior loan company. That took hours of my time to resolve. Now, a driver totaled my vehicle, the insurance adjuster sent over a guaranteed release of title which they couldn't find, then they did.

Typical incompetency again. Settlement check was mailed on 9/18/18, and I am continuing to receive collection calls. Called to find out why, they CLAIM once again, that they never received the check and they've been calling the adjuster and leaving voicemails to find out why. BULL. Adjuster has received no phone calls or voicemails from them, and I'm sure that check is sitting somewhere in someone's office so that they can rack up interest and continue collection on my account when they have had the money for a month. WORST COMPANY EVER. RUN LIKE YOUR HAIR IS ON FIRE IF THEY TRY TO GET YOU TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. They need to process the check and release my title. The adjuster said she has never seen a company operate like this and neither have I.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for your feedback Lori. We’re sorry you had a negative customer experience with us. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we would like to investigate the reason for this further. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com so we can follow up with you personally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

They will sell you a ** car that you can’t afford to fix and then repo it and tell you there’s nothing they can do. I spent 1600 on a car I’ve only had a year and it wasn’t even regular maintenance. I had to fix the whole electric portion on the car. And the CEO Don HANKEY told me there’s nothing he can do. Bunch of crooks. I hate this company. I’ve been miserable since I bought the car and I can’t afford to trade in or get out of this contract with the devil. Never again!

Westlake Financial response

Hi Mel, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you have described.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I just sign my paperwork at the car dealership for my new vehicle today. I got a very good interest rate which made me very happy. After a long search for the perfect vehicle it feels good to top it off with a great arrangement. I look forward to doing business with your company. I'm very excited about getting my welcome call soon.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We work hard to provide great customer service to all of our customers and we are glad to hear that you received just that! If you have any questions about your account in the future, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I made a call today asking for some documents that I needed, a copy of, my contract and some other stuff, and the customer agent Rex took care of me in a way that I thought we had been friends forever. No hassle, very professional, and fast! Thanks so much Rex! Westlake you guys ROCK!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Edward! We have passed along your praises to Rex. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I was behind 2 months on my car payment because I lost part of my income, my car was repossessed and I immediately made a payment to be able to get my car back, it's been 3 days and I'm still not able to have my car back waiting for the release, today is Friday and the tow company doesn't open on the weekend, which means my car will be there for a week and adding more fees for everyday is there, I find this absurd, the time I'm losing from work, and the money I have to spend on transportation right now. I have contacted a legal team and they will be contacting your company, your customer service are horrible and with no tactic or knowledge.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Jessica. We are very sorry to hear that your concerns were not addressed and would love the opportunity to help. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we may gather more information to help us resolve this for you. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

So we have had a love-hate experience with Westlake. Let’s start with hate... it’s so hard to speak to component people there. With that being said, I just spoke with Rod in the insurance claims department and he was absolutely wonderful! Very easy to speak to and most of all intelligent enough to understand what we were asking. Thank you for employing Rod, give him a raise and he needs to train other employees. We love Westlake because they have provided financing to us throughout our credit journey from young and dumb and time to get it together to finally credit cards and reasonable rates. So thank you Westlake. Hire more Rod’s and let’s keep doing business.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you Christine for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Brittany ** shout out to you. Thank you for your help today. Never have I have been in delinquent status and one customer service is pleasant, to help with suggestions to get you up to date. I have no idea and this lady suggested what options I had and advised me how to keep account current. Love this financial institution.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Korone! We have passed along your praises to Brittany. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I was in a car accident recently and I lost my car. I haven’t had a car for 2 months because these people refuse to cooperate with my insurance company. Every time I call I get the runaround. My insurance company has been trying to pay off my car for months and it seems like they don’t even want the money. When I call I get no answer but, you guys never seem to miss a beat with those harassing calls when I need to make a payment. I just want to pay off my car and buy a new one. Can someone please give me a direct extension number so I can talk to someone? This company sucks and I’m never financing a car with them AGAIN!

Westlake Financial response

Hi Edline, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

So Westlake called me... FINALLY! NOT the guy who lied and said that he was going to talk to the supervisor to look into my account. This is my response to that phone call! On my review they sent me a message saying the same thing they post on everyone's reviews. This is my response to that as well as my response to their phone call today:

I have TRIED to contact you all. I actually WAITED for you all to call ME... Like the liar said he was going to do. He NEVER called and the next thing I know my truck is being repoed! And I have not missed a payment at all! Someone called me today and told me that I have to pay over 400.00 repo fees... And I was making my payments therefore I had no idea that my truck could be in danger of being repoed! If the rude liar I spoke to the other day would have told me that rather than tell me that he and the supervisor were going to look into my case and get back to me I could have prepared.

I had almost all of the money to get my truck paid for, yes paid! NOW I have to come up with the extra money to get it out of the tow yard! They are just being bullies now! They repoed my truck once before, and I had just made a payment. My payment was late but I made the payment on a Thursday or Friday and then my truck was repoed that Sunday night. Guess who had to pay the towing fees! Yes, that would be ME! Even though they admitted it was their fault! That is ok though. This time I will let them deal with my lawyer!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I called to get help with my payment. Rod was very knowledgeable about the reason for my call. He went above and beyond to help me. This was a great experience. I think he should be the spokesperson for all customer service.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Stephanie. Thank you so much for your positive review! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience. We value our customers and appreciate the feedback.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Ty to my account specialists Anthony ** for helping with any question or concern I had with my auto financing account. The service was excellent and I would definitely recommend this company in the future. Ty again Anthony for all of your help!

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Coral! Thank you for your comments about Anthony. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I have been paying for my truck for about 4 years now. I had to defer a few payments in the beginning but for the past at least 2 years I have been making ALL of my payments on time every month. No one told me that by putting those payments off until the end of the loan that I would have to make all of that and the late fees all at one time! We found out that they were putting us on a past due with the credit bureau. Even though the rude guy that I spoke with confirmed that we had in fact made regular payments every month but we would still have to pay that whole almost 2000.00 all at once or it would keep going against our credit. The supervisors were busy so he told me that he would speak to the supervisor and get back to me with what they had decided to do. NOT ONE TIME DID HE SAY ONE WORD ABOUT A POSSIBLE REPO OF MY TRUCK!!!

While I am working out of town my husband calls me and tells me that there is a man there to repo my truck!!! No one ever called me back and I was unable to get anyone when I tried to call in between work to inform them that I would be able to just pay the whole balloon payment as they call it off by the end of this week. They sent a repo order saying that we were behind when we have been making payments of 50.00 over our scheduled monthly payments... WE HAVE NOT MISSED A PAYMENT!!!

I was told by the man I spoke with before this last rude guy that we should just keep making our payments like we had been. NO ONE EVER SAID ONE WORD ABOUT MY VEHICLE GETTING REPOED! Now I have to pay a repo fee along with the balance payoff to get out from under these crooks! I have heard how they wait until a vehicle is almost paid off then they repo it or demand a balloon payment so they can get it back to resell it. I will NEVER recommend that ANYONE EVER use these CROOKS! Only a low life crook would repo a vehicle from someone when they are about to make a final payment and pay their vehicle off! I have contacted a lawyer to deal with them because they cannot get away with this!

Westlake Financial response

Hi April, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I spoke with a representative there and I cannot begin to tell you what a wonderful experience she gave me by doing EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO HELP ME!! Her name is MARLENE **!!! Her customer service is absolutely PERFECTION TO A TEE!! I always call and it's a toss up if I get to speak with a person that really cares about helping me with understanding but this time was totally different!! I cannot express it enough. I cannot thank her enough for helping me! Taking the time and having patience to understand everything with my file. I highly recommend on speaking with her because she obviously specializes in results!!! Thank you again!!!

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake Senia! Thank you for your comments about Marlene. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Just purchased a vehicle that was financed through Westlake Financial, attempted to set-up online payments, states "Your account requires special handling" and to call. Was told by a very rude representative named Cherie that we cannot make our first payment online, we would have to do it over the phone. So I asked, are we going to get charged a $5.00 fee and she says yes! THIS IS BS. Why should we have to pay a fee because they will not allow us to make our first payment online. The first letter I received from them states we can make a payment online. I am convinced this place is just trying to steal our money.

Westlake Financial response

We’re sorry to hear that you had a poor customer experience with us and we offer our sincere apologies. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com so that we can discuss how to fix this issue. We want our customers to always experience the best in customer care.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I have a car loan through Westlake Financial. I called and talked to a rep. and made a half payment on my car on 9/14. I authorized a payment of $160. I then receive an email of two transactions of $160 and $380 about 15 minutes later. I called back to get the $380 back, but was told to call back Monday 9/17. I called back Monday morning, I told the rep. what happened on 9/17. He said they could wire the $380 back into my account, he just needed my routing and account number, which I give him. He said to expect the money back in my account within three business days.

I called back on 9/21 in the morning, the rep. said I should have it by the end of the day, which never happened. I called back the same day around 4:45 pm. The rep I talked to could not help me, so I asked him I wanted to talk to a supervisor. The supervisor got on the phone and she said they were mailing a check. I told her too that I had called on 9/17 and gave the rep. my checking account info.

She then put me on hold, came back and said that she did see the notes from 9/17, and she would have to talk to accounting to have a stop placement on the check that was to be mailed out, and that they would wire the $380 into my account within 3 business days. Today is 9/22. I am writing this long review because I want other people who have Westlake Financial as their loan company to be aware that there seems to be zero communication, and the reps have no idea how to debit an account, since mine was debited twice without my authorization as you can see from my review. I unfortunately am stuck with Westlake for now. I had to give them one star, but would give Westlake a zero if possible.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Matthew. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I bought a pick-up and Westlake provided the loan. I was nervous because I read some reviews saying they would take your car after the first missed payment, among other things. I will be honest and say I wouldn't have made it through the loan without their patience and understanding. All of my experiences with Westlake exceeded my expectations, and I never got the feeling they were trying to do me wrong. I just made my last payment on my three year loan. Anthony ** really seemed to know his job well and like he genuinely cared about helping me out. Great guy, Thanks Anthony!

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake! Thank you for your comments about Anthony. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I keep trying to make a payment and my bank is saying that Westlake is purposely declining my payment. I tried with card and direct deposit and again they keep declining it. So now I’m here trying to get some help. I think I’m being scammed and I don’t know what to do at this point. They are declining my payments to assess me with more fees. I never signed any paperwork with them. My original finance group sold my debt to them and it’s starting off really badly at this point.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Mignon. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I have contacted Westlake several times. A loan that they were supposed to service got voided. The contract was cancelled and made null and void. However, they continue to report late payments to all three credit reporting agencies. I will apparently have to contact "THE CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT IN WASHINGTON " to have them investigated for falsifying credit reports. I have tried to handle over the phone to prevent this to no avail. Congratulations I hope you have all your i's dotted and t's crossed when Westlake gets investigated.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Angelia. We are very sorry to hear that your concerns were not addressed and would love the opportunity to help. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we may gather more information to help us resolve this for you. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Terrible company to finance your vehicle. My car was repossessed without warning. Now they want to charge me $1190 - 1 month payment and the rest are wrecker fees and they will help me by deferring a payment to get my car back. Ridiculous!!! The total. I was behind $840. Stay away from this company.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake, Antonio. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I got a loan with Westlake Financial and have been doubling my payment. They sold my contract back to the dealership and didn't tell me so I still kept making my payments. They kept my money. I have now paid off my car but they still owe me $515 and excess payments that they keep giving me the runaround and it's been 3 months now and I still have not received my money back and they can't explain to me why they kept accepting my payments even though the account was sold back to the dealer. They're thieves.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Krystal. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Even though the car I purchased stopped working two years ago, I paid the car off. I have been waiting on the title so that I can sell it for parts. I have not received the title but I have received bills stating that I have not made the final payment. When I call the company and give them my bank information and the confirmation number, they are able to find the payment. I keep receiving letters saying that they don't have the payment. I'm not sure what is going on here but no company can take money from consumers and continue to claim that they have not received the payment. I have the documentation. I have called and complained. I am still waiting on my title. Avoid this company at all costs. No business should be able to operate this way.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Tanesha. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Westlake Financial is a ridiculous excuse for a finance company. We have been making payments for several years on this account. We had a hail storm that totaled the vehicle. We called in and spoke to the representative to let them know the insurance company would be contacting them about a payoff and to shut off all future automatic payments. The insurance company corresponded with them, got the payoff amount and had us notarize a power of attorney and letter stating the title should be sent to them after payoff. All of this before the next payment should have been due.

Westlake proceeded to take an additional payment from our account. My wife called in to try to get it resolved, was transferred around and put on hold and told we would need to wait 21 days for the check to be cut and mailed. I don’t know about anyone else but if someone took your money that shouldn’t have would you wait 21 days? They took the money immediately electronically and incorrectly. They should return it immediately and electronically not hold it for what is over a month when you count nonbusiness days.

My wife was hung up on at least 2 times. We emailed the customer care email and 12 days later still have received no response. We have tried to call every day and get put on hold so long it disconnects us. We finally get a hold of someone today and try to get it resolved. The person tells us she understands and she can do nothing.

After holding for a supervisor for over an hour and a half and getting very upset and asking for the supervisor’s supervisor if necessary we finally get a supervisor who talks over us. This made my husband angry and he began yelling after being talked over again and again. Westlake will take your money and make you wait to get it back but if you owe them they will expect you pay immediately! The truck has been paid off, they have their money and are holding mine. They refuse to let you speak to anyone who has any authority to help you. They expect you to be ok with them holding hundreds of dollars for over a month that does not belong to them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

In an otherwise terrible situation, Jackie was kind, knowledgeable and patient with assisting in reclaiming my vehicle after repossession. Have never had a bad customer service experience with Westlake.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with Westlake, Ernest. We value all of our customer’s feedback. We are glad we were able to help you and provide you with such a positive experience! If you ever have any questions about your account, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Westlake is financing a car I bought at a dealership just about 2 weeks ago. I haven't even made my first payment yet (NOT FOR LACK OF TRYING!!) and I already hate this company. I have tried every single way possible to make a payment on this vehicle and cannot make one! The app tells me my account has special circumstances and I need to call a 1800 number. The website won't accept a payment either. So I call the 1800 number and I can't make a payment using the automated system! It tells me I have to speak to a representative!

How a company can claim to have "convenient payment options" then deny you every single one of those options is beyond me. I work 8-5 so when exactly do I have time to talk to a representative? I want to make a payment at my CONVENIENCE which you claim to allow. I will never allow any dealership to take me through these people again. The interest rate is ridiculous also considering I have decent credit. I will pay twice what my car is worth by the time I am done paying for this. Awful people.

Also, while I was WORKING which they KNOW I DO, they called for the account verification questions 3 times within ONE hour while I was at work. I got off and heard the voicemails and already felt scared and bullied by this company. I wasn't avoiding them, I was WORKING. Yet they don't have the decency to give me the convenient payment options they promised. ** company.

Westlake Financial response

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My car was repo for two late payments, never received a letter of any kind. I paid what they told me to pay to be able to release it. They gave me a number to call so they can give me the car back. When I called the number they told me it had been released to auction and to call Westlake, well I called them and they have no clue where my car is at. They keep hanging up on me or redirecting me to different reps... I just want my car back!!!

Westlake Financial response

Hi Maria.Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Won't speak to me. I handle all bills and not my husband. I have tried to get online to pay truck payments but it won't let me, then you try to call someone and all they care about is getting the money over the phone. I want to use online payments! No one wants to help you or you get someone you cannot understand on the phone! This is nuts not getting any help!

Westlake Financial response

Hi Ellen. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please have your husband contact us at his earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@Westlakefinancial.com

Westlake Financial Company Information