3.18/5
  • 1 star
Based on 63 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a loan company?

Westlake Financial

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 16, 2018

331 Westlake Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Westlake Financial group and associates solely are the most unethical, habitual fabricating, unsympathetic body of employees I’ve ever embarked upon my whole living life. They have repeatedly harassed, haggled, and threatened me with phone calls for late payments that I had to seek legal counsel for it to stop, for it was ascerbating my condition. Prior upon taken the loan out my health had taken a nose dive and I’ve been in battle with a terminal Illness.

Multiple hospitalizations has my business, work, and place of residence have all become a loss. My failing health has been explained in detail to each team member from customer support to high rank management as some have mocked, sneakered and even laughed at my struggle to fight. I’ve never been late my entire driving recorded with a car note until 16 months ago and no more than two months past with these heartless money hungry thief’s. Since notified not to call and haggle me three times a day I had fallen sick over the holidays. I was in and the hospital. Last week when I went to make a double payment on the vehicle, they wouldnt except payment. This Financing Institution went forth and said that they did not call me or notify via mail or email that the December 31st was the last day to make a payment and the account is closed with a repossession for the vehicle.

I asked the customer support that we please work out an agreement. I had a double payment. He continued to talk over me even though he knows the vehicle is my last place of shelter. This is only the tip of circumstances being told about the lemon that Glendale Nissan sold me. Now it is clear why this financial group Westlake and Glendale Nissan foster such a close work relationship, Birds of a feather stay crooked together.

Resolution response: Jan. 16, 2018

I got ahold of westlake and they said they realize it was a mistake on their part and are working on getting it cleared up.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I financed a vehicle through Westlake Financial. My wife called a couple months ago and got the full payoff amount which we paid in full. Thought the car was paid off only to check my credit score yesterday and learn that Westlake wrote me off as a bad debt and dropped my credit score 101 points for $21 that I never knew I owed them because I haven't received a bill in the mail or a phone call, and the last communication I had with them was to pay the full amount that they told me was owed!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake, Don. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Thank very much for assisting and taking the time to explain my options in making my car payment arrangement where I am able to be current with my payment. Talking to Mr. ** and getting different option explain to me was so helpful. Mr. ** was very remorseful for the reasons I gave him in regards of me being late with my payment and my situation. He showed compassion and care to take good care of the customers. I am greatly appreciative of his time and effort for helping me 100%. Thank you again Mr. ** and Happy New Year.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with Westlake, Mayda. We value all of our customer’s feedback. We are glad we were able to help you and provide you with such a positive experience! If you ever have any questions about your account, please feel free to contact our customer service team a t888-739-9192.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Westlake Financial has been very good to deal with. I ran into financial difficulties recently and Courtney was willing to work with me to get back on track. She was extremely nice and easy to discuss my options with. If I ever need vehicle financing again, I would be happy to use them again.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We work hard to provide great customer service to all of our customers and we are glad to hear that you received just that! If you have any questions about your account in the future, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Although there have been many times where I have encountered some agents who have a don't care attitude, the agents I have dealt with like, Miss Mary **, make me feel grateful to have Westlake as my Loan Provider. She and her supervisor seriously helped me out with my payment situation, especially since I'm on a fixed income. Thanks so much Miss Mary for your patience and understanding and going that extra mile to help me! I appreciate you wholeheartedly!

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Rachel! Thank you for your comments about Mary. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I didn't have a problem with paying the final charges on the van I purchased after it was repo (taken). However, I only owed about 4500.00 on the vehicle. The first garnishment started almost 2 years ago. They have taken over 9996.83 and still will not stop this garnishment. This is more than double what they said I owed. How is this right for the company to just keep taking my money every week.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Tiffani. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Easy to deal with. Excellent personal customer service. Called and spoke with Ernest. He quickly addressed my payment issue and offered a resolution. He was very friendly, personable and knowledgeable. His personality made the call very pleasant. I hope if I need to call again that I reach someone like Ernest.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for such a great review Marc! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. Thank you for being a valued customer.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I was set up on autopay... Received a call on the same day my ACH was to come out my account talking about, "You have to make a payment." I said, "Ma'am I have autopay. Why are you calling me..." She said, "To get your payment." "Ma'am autopay means you will auto get payment & I have 100% on time payments." Because of the harassment my ACH was cancelled putting my account in jeopardy. They took 2 payments the same day & charged me an extra $20. This company is terrible & I will NEVER refer them to anyone... Absolute terrible customer service. How do you harass someone with 100% on time payments???

Westlake Financial response

Hi Lila.Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Always being locked out of my account every month never fails then they wonder why I called so mad. My name is legally on the contract I should be able to access my account using my own personal email not the primary as we had a very bad falling out and have absolute contact. How is it you will call me if he’s delinquent on his payment but you won't allow me to access my own account. Correct me if I’m wrong but isnt customer service’s job to help and allow you to access your account. I was told today to make a new email address and register again. I tried still same message to contact customer service. What's the point they can't help me anyway. I do not know if this is how you treat all your clients or if it’s just me. So far from all the reviews it’s just me having this problem. I am currently in contact with a attorney as I see this as unfit and unprofessional and also against my legal right as a cosigner.

I have tried to be nice and patient but every time never fails same thing every time I call. How bad is it that customer service doesn't care enough that they ignore you and don't want to listen to you that I had to literally raise my voice and yell at the guy to get his attention. I am a US citizen born and raise and so was my family. I do not deserve this treatment and is unlawful and horrible way to treat your clients. I’ve even emailed someone from Westlake they’re like, “Oh call me so we can talk.”

So when I do get a chance to call during business hours nothing not even an email back nothing but the runaround even when I tried to take my name just off the title runaround again. Even the attorney I talked to said it sounds even fishy not only from my ex but also from the finance company. All I know is I will not recommend any of my family to Westlake Financial. My first time being a cosigner and not only was it a nightmare from my ex but also from the finance company.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for your feedback Martha. We’re sorry you had a negative customer experience with us. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we would like to investigate the reason for this further. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com so we can follow up with you personally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

It was a pleasant surprise to deal with a polite and professional customer service rep. That's the way all customer service reps should treat their customers. I felt good after talking to him and got my problem solved and my account up to date.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Francisco. We value all of our customer’s feedback. We are glad we were able to help you and provide you with such a positive experience! If you ever have any questions about your account, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I've been having a hard time with making my payments. Lost of income, health, and extreme car repairs placed me in a bind. My car was repo and I didn't get any sleep the night of the repo. I called Westlake the very next morning and spoke with Byran ** in customer service. He was a big help and added a smile to my face. I've read others comments about Westlake, but I can honestly say Mr. ** done his best to work with me. Thank you so much Byran **!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Thelita! We have passed along your praises. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I purchased a 2004 Cadillac SRX from Westlake... Replaced the engine, paid on time and late... Got behind then caught up. Was repoed one time. Paid that. Car was rear-end and my insurance I thought paid it off. I was never contacted by Westlake about a balance owed. Instead the account was charged off and tax lien was placed on my credit report. 3 yrs later I called. They still have all of my info. I asked why I was never contacted about the balance, the reason was, "It was an old account, your insurance company dropped the ball."

Westlake Financial response

Hi Tracy. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I had one more payment left. Had the truck for 5 years with very high interest. They took it over $716.00 and refused to let me pay to get it back because the loan contract was expired. DO NOT... DO NOT GET A LOAN FROM THEM.

Westlake Financial response

Hi, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

This young lady was truly remarkable and deserves a big thumbs up for her customer service skills. Thank you Autumn for being kind and compassionate but also staying within the guidelines of your companies policy on helping an account holder such as myself during a difficult time of financial hardship. Sometimes as customer service reps we forget that we could easily be the person on the other end of the phone and if truth be told a lot of times we are that person on the other end of the phone in our personal lives outside of work. You used your own personal experience with my employer (One of the mobile taxi companies) to assess the situation and at the same time solve my problem. Thank you so much for being the agent that I had the pleasure of speaking with today. I wish that every company out there that has a call center/customer service department had an "Autumn **" on their team!!!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for such a great review! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. We will also make sure that Autumn receives the recognition she deserves. She will be really happy to see your review. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Westlake Financial repossessed my truck for 37.00! It is the week of Thanksgiving, my daughter is standing outside in the cold waiting for us to pick her up & we are on the phone with Westlake Financial being repossessed for 37.00! The "department" lead only responds with, "it is not about the amount". It is all about the amount! This company does not deserve to be in business and there has to be some type of legal action against them.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake, Twilite. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Lateef ** was the best representative I have yet had on the phone. Very helpful, very patient and very polite. Westlake Financial should consider giving Lateef ** a bigger bonus for the upcoming holiday, also should have more people in the office like him. Thank you, Lateef!! Best Wishes!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Lucinda! We have passed along your praises to Lateef. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I called this afternoon about my payment options regarding my newly purchased car and the lady on the phone named Pierina (IDK if I spelled it right) was extremely helpful to me. I was highly satisfied. She was very polite and she speaks clearly and everything was explained in an easiest way to understand. In addition, she set me up an account and sent me a document for the automated billing (in which I think is the most convenient way to make a payment because there is no additional fee). So, I don't have to worry about the extra charges if I use another payment option. Terrific job! Keep it up!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Have been trying to retrieve my personal property from Sterling Asset Recovery for more than a week. Finally called Westgate to ask what to do to get my things back. After a number please hold 6 to be exact Anthony ** took over and made it happen, can't say enough good things about this young man, he should be the example on how to conduct customer service. Thank you Anthony. Great job.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for such a great review Ronnie! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. We will also make sure that Anthony receives the recognition he deserves. He will be really happy to see your review. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Felipe ** was very understanding to my situation. I felt heard and supported by Felipe. He did his research to find me the best program to help me stay accountable to my account and again to stay with my vehicle. Very friendly and I really appreciated him understanding me as a person not just as a number or dollar sign. Westlake Financial has. Great team member when it comes to Felipe **. Thank you.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for such a great review Marie! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. We will also make sure that Felipe receives the recognition he deserves. He will be really happy to see your review. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Regardless of the life turn that brought us to Westlake (mine was a 17 year marriage where I stayed home with the kids and well he obviously destroyed my credit) either way, we deserve common courtesies. Let's put aside the 23% eye gouging interest rate for a minute. Here's what to expect after you've written your name in blood. Now this review is from the view of a 4 year patron with not 1 and I mean not a single late payment ever!!!

If your payment is due ON the 6th (insert any date) they will start calling you ON the due date. Keep in mind every lender has a due date and a due BY date, often that 10 grace period... call will come on the due date, not once, not twice but up to 5 times a day if you don't answer due to say being at work!!! If for whatever reason you may need your 10 day grace period to get a payment out, be prepared for non stop harassment. Each call will originate from a different number. Often resembling the area code of your cellphone. Occasionally throughout the day it will be an 888 or 877 number, few time 310 but majority a spoofed phone number from the area code of your cell.

They claim to offer but it never works an online ability. Allowing you to make payments and view your loan. Don't bother, 4 years and I never could access it. You'll get an error and won't validate your info. Be prepared to pay through their phone system. Which BTW they have a deal with Western Union because the interest isn't nearly enough gouging. So your call is directed to a Western Union automated system for an additional $10 fee to make your payment. Save $10/month by ordering and mailing in old school checks!!!

Last month I bought a new car. Still owing $5200 on my Westlake note I took my chances to see if I qualified for a real loan. This major dealership put me in an off the showroom floor new vehicle, no money down, paid off my Westlake note and applied the $900 in equity to my new loan with Chrysler at half the interest!!! I can't express enough on the importance of on time payments. You would think that would end my Westlake harassment. NOPE. Now they are verbally nasty, and calling upwards of 8 times daily including weekends. Why? Because they want their money from Chrysler now!!! Demanding a payment from me for the month. Threatening to report me to the credit bureau with a snide "unless you don't care about your credit" comment. Finally, I had to say 'so on day 30 you report me to the credit bureau as a late payment and this is day 7?'

Yes they have notes the car was traded in, yes they know Chrysler is cutting them the check, they even told me Chrysler already has been in contact and inquired on pay off. Yet they will still harass me 5+ times a day till that check is processed and cleared. It's getting ridiculous at this point. Knowing Chrysler is cutting a check, knowing I traded in the car, this woman is still demanding a payment for this month!!! This isn't a back payment. She is demanding a payment for a month I didn't have the vehicle, a payment that they will be getting in the pay off.

I was current on payments. My due date is the 6th and due by the 16th. Well I bought my new car on the 3rd... BEFORE my payment was due. I don't owe them money but am told I will be harassed several times daily till I pay them money that they will receive in my pay off. I am being told that I have to pay them now to stop the calls and well since when the Chrysler check clears they will have gotten more than the pay off that it's on me how to figure out how I'll get my money back and when.

Bottom line. If you can avoid this financial loan shark do so. I read the reviews. I thought 'well yeah, they are a high interest second chance company I could see the issues some folks were having on repos and late payments. I figured they were pissed they just lost a vehicle. But this situation. I didn't lose my vehicle. I gained a brand new $30k car. I traded in a vehicle with equity (granted only $900, but I wasn't upside down or needed to roll over a loan). Just avoid this place. I can only imagine the struggles those who have been late faced or those fighting for titles after pay off and being told they owe more money.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Wendy. Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate customers who take the time to let us know about their experiences with our company. We are sorry to hear this happened. We assure you that customer satisfaction is our top priority and we want the service provided to reflect that principle. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Very helpful and understanding on behalf of Carmen **. She really went above and beyond trying to help me get my car back in my possession. Truly appreciate everything she did. Took the time to hear me and understand my situation and actually gave me real possible solutions. Great job Carmen!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Jose! We have passed along your praises to Carmen. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

After getting my truck repossessed I paid out everything I owe. I still can't pick up my truck because their stupid system is taking more than TWO weeks, because their system takes time. They said 2 business days and this is over 2 weeks now. I recorded all my 120 calls I made, supervisors saying is done when is not, and then good luck getting a hold on them again. Really BAD company, will not recommend this not even to my enemies. Stay away from this and find something else.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Christian, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your account information. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I called to make a late payment and was transferred 3 times to the correct department. The third representative, Samantha **, was very upbeat. She went to the point, to collect the payment. Only asked me once the reason the payment was late. She was professional, courteous, and had a great positive attitude.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review! We have passed along your praises to Samantha. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

After being behind $69 they repossessed my vehicle. At 5:30 this morning with no letters, phone call, etc. I made a payment arrangement for my vehicle and they still came and picked it up. I have lost all trust. They charged me $400 tow fee on top of my $69 I made an arrangement for. They had taken advantage of me. DO NOT WORK WITH THIS BANK. I WILL SEEK LEGAL ACTION.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Nick, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you described. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your account information. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

This company has the absolute best customer service I have encountered in a long time! Ivan ** has been so pleasant understanding and honest that I would recommend the company to anyone needing their services!

Westlake Financial response

Hi Tara. Thank you so much for your positive review! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience. We value our customers and appreciate the feedback.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I recently just got my car repossessed and I was freaking out and how to get my car back. I called and Ryan was the one who took my case, he clearly and calmly stated everything I needed to do very smoothly. He was amazing and I look forward to be working with him If I have any questions about my car payments. Thank you, Ryan.

Westlake Financial response

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I really enjoyed the experience I had. I was behind on my payments at the time and was feeling really frustrated and that there was no hope in getting caught up. Oscar was very patient, empathetic, and helpful. He was also very reassuring... which made me feel confident in his abilities to help me to resolve my issue.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

This bank has to be watched closely. They made a van payment disappear without any calls or warning at all. The repo man came and got our van. We got it back after a two week battle with this ** bank and lot of fees later. This bank is a piece of **. Do not deal with them. If you do watch them closely.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have had a car loan with this company for approx. 3 years. From its inception, I set up automatic payments with my Credit Union. I have not missed one payment. Tonight, 7:35pm, I received a phone call from this outfit telling me they have not received this month's payment. It so happens that the payment date this month fell on the weekend; neither Westlake NOR my Credit Union operate on a weekend... Therefore, although the automatic payment WAS made today, Monday, by my Credit Union and will probably reach Westlake tomorrow, Tuesday, they are calling me as though I'm some kind of crook trying to get away without making my car payment?? This is the second such incident with this outfit.

The fact that EVERY other payment has been made automatically and on time means nothing to them... They are unable to figure out that, "Oh... The payment date fell on a weekend day, so the payment will probably be a couple of days late..." I would advise anyone in the market for an auto loan to avoid this company like the plague, I know I shall never deal with them again, even if I have to pay an extra couple percent somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

The customer representative on this call was very knowledgeable on information I needed. She covered it very well and went above and beyond. Customer service like that is absolutely the way to keep us happy and want to do business again.

Westlake Financial Company Information

www.westlakefinancial.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use