2.50/5
Based on 121 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a loan company?

411 Westlake Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 19, 2018

I’ve dealt with many bad companies before. I’ve dealt with terrible customer service too. As someone who has worked in a call center before I try to keep my composure because I know it’s hard, but THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY I'VE EVER DONE BUSINESS WITH IN MY LIFE. I just got off a 15 minute call (after being transferred and hung up on MANY times), speaking with a rep who tells me he has no managers or supervisors. The rep prior, Solomon **, told me he “doesn’t just transfer to managers” - I spent almost 30 minutes arguing with him to get a manager on the line, then he hangs up! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. Please do NOT finance with them! They are nothing but trouble. Interest rates are extremely high and the customer care is non existent.

I asked is the company a startup being they have no managers or supervisors, the rep stated “it may be they are on break or maybe everyone left, but it should be a pretty big company.” - WHAT?! You don’t know where your managers are OR how big your company is? Just don’t do it. I can sit here and tell you about every terrible interaction I’ve had with them but honestly I don’t have enough words. Just go with someone else. Anyone else. The customer service never knows anything. The company is ONLY good for taking payments. And they BARELY do that right. And yes Consumer Affairs, I would like an attorney to contact me!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Shawntel. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 16, 2018

This company is disrespectful to their consumers. They talk over you, make it difficult to set up payment arrangements and will send you letters that your payment was returned as you look directly at your bank statement showing it was deducted. They are rude and will not admit to any mistake. Only that you are always wrong. You must pay $5 more to use debit card and can not set up payment to be auto drafted unless THEY transfer you. I wish Pelican Auto NEVER sold my loan to this company. I would not recommend them to anyone!!! After reading other comments it scares to come to the end of my loan. It appears it will be difficult. Be afraid if you get sold to this company!!!

Westlake Financial response

Hi Ann. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we can further assist you.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

These guys are textbook crooks and have no shred of decency. I have been trying to get my refund check from them for an insurance claim for the last 3 months. The systematically lied about it going out until, then they said that they sent the check back to the insurance and then they finally admitted the check never went out. It was just sitting there on someone's desk for three weeks. How can a financial institution not know where their client's money is. They are plain nasty people and anyone who works there has no self-respect. Do not say you were not warned.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Sobhy. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: June 15, 2018

2 stars for average. I spoke with Amina ** who answered my questions but was curt and not exactly friendly. However, she explained the breakdown of where my money was going so that helped me. She has to work on thoroughly listening to the client first and not talking over them!! But I have to say she was 10 times better than Kevin ** who I spoke to earlier in the morning. He needs to work on his speech, as far as talking professionally. He left me on hold for quite a while and I heard him and the other staff having conversations. I said "HELLO" loud so he could hear me, because I'm pretty sure he forgot about me. He apologized and said he didn't even know I was there, because he thought that the call disconnected. HUH??? If that's the case, you didn't even try to call me back? Then he was supposed to email me some docs, but you guessed it, he never did! Get it together Kevin!

I, like some other reviewers have stated am a bit leery about their Principal/interest system. After paying $1850, my loan went down only $500. Seems crazy that they are taking so much in their fees. Can't wait to refinance. Bottom line, I went the Westlake route due to my bad credit. If you can get your credit up, then do it and go with a more reputable lender!!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 13, 2018

I traded the car in that I was effectively conned into financing without being told my loan was for over 20%. After that mess it’s still being reported as open even though it has been paid off for months they acknowledge is paid off. Whatever you do DON'T UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AGREE TO FINANCE WITH THIS “BANK” OR YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Sasha. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Original review: June 12, 2018

I purchased a car through another leader who Westlake purchased. The vehicle was reposed due to no fault of the owner. I contacted them and got a run around as to where vehicle was and how much was needed to get back. Upon paying amount that was required the vehicle was shipped to another part of the state. Westlake employees are the most incompetent the most non compassionate people in the world. The supervisor are garbage who don't know what it is to go and beyond to help out a customer. It's pathetic when your only concern is getting paid and not servicing your customers. If I had the choice I would never choose Westlake Financial ever again. I will make sure that anybody I know that has to deal with this joke of a company tries to find somebody else. I will go on social media and make everybody aware of the kind of garbage this company deals with.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Richard. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have made this payment on the phone with them 5 times the money is still in my account. I am being charged a NFS Fee. I can't talk to a supervisor because there is not one available. I can not believe this is happening and I can't do anything about it. Not to mention the ridiculous amount I am being charged in the first place to finance this car after paying 10.000 in a downpayment. When all is said and done I will be paying 12,000 just in interest. If I ever get another payment even made. I don't know what to do. Know it says it posted on 6/9/18 and it hasn't came out of my bank yet.

Updated on 06/17/2018: After my first review I was told to contact Customer Care to resolve the matter. Only I had already tried to do on 6/09/18 and I was told (We cannot discuss any details of your account via email. Please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-888-739-9192 for assistance with this request. Business hours are Monday – Friday: 5:00 am – 7:00 pm and Saturday: 5:00 am – 2:00 pm Pacific Time.). It's the same people I had already spoke with. It's just one big circle of people.

I have tried to speak with a supervisor about my account, I applied for an extension and was denied because the computer now shows I have already been giving an extension and failed to comply. No I have not. The representative told me I was lying and when I asked to talk to the supervisor I was put on hold for 45 minutes because there was no supervisor available. One would have to call me back and no one did. I would not use this company if you do not have to.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Cassandra. We are very sorry to hear that your concerns were not addressed and would love the opportunity to help. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we may gather more information to help us resolve this for you. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Just a note to say thank you very much to Tiffany ** and Supervisor Kendra ** for their professionalism and helpful disposition regarding my concerns with my account. Thank you Kendra for explaining in such an proper respectful way with every question(s) I asked you. I can see why you have your title as a Supervisor. Kendra, I hope you receive a promotion or a raise!! Also thank you wonderful Tiffany for being so pleasant/encouraging and informative, while advising me options for my payment extensions. I appreciate Westlake Financial Services for having such a great team of professionals now. Happy customer.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Carolyn! Thank you for your comments about Tiffany and Kendra. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: June 6, 2018

This was the occasion of our first payment, and we had many questions about the procedure. I had read that Westlake was very "literal", to put it charitably, about how payments were to be received. Daniel was patient and helpful, and took the time to answer all of our questions. The transaction took about 25 minutes, but we got all of our questions answered.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake Randall! Thank you for your comments about Daniel. We value our customers and appreciate the feedback.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 5, 2018

I had made arrangements to pay my car payment the next day. The next morning they had come and repossessed the car. I called and paid them the money and ALL the added fees on the morning that I discovered the car was gone. That was on 6/01/18. They promised that I could get my car back that day. Well the refused to tell me where the car is all weekend and then again on Monday. Here it is Tuesday 6/05/18 and they are still giving me the runaround. I'm sure they will charge me extra for them not letting me get my car in a timely manner. I will be contacting the better business bureau about this scam.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Lee. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we can further assist you.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I recently had payment inquiries with Westlake and wasn’t sure I would get the right help that I needed until I spoke with an Agent by the name of Mayra who assisted me on what I needed and what to do and to that I’m deeply appreciative of her assistance. I’ve yet to have a bad experience with Westlake. They’re actually helpful as was this young lady who just helped me recently. Thank you Ms. ** and thank you Westlake!

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake Alex! Thank you for your comments about Mayra. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

If it is possible to use anyone else to finance your auto please do or you will be very unhappy like me and hundreds of others. I pay my bills on time every month like clockwork and everything was fine for awhile and then out of nowhere for the past 5 months it is always something. I am still doing everything the same on my end, but each time they have a different excuse why it hasn't gone through, and they are all lies! No one knows what the last person has said or done, they keep no records and whatever I tell them the last person said the next one says they shouldn't have told me that!

They never let me know there is a "problem" until it is too late and they say the confirmation number you get does not count! They blame it on my bank which the bank has no idea what they are talking about. They blame it on each other and never try to find out why the problem keeps happening. Because they know why it is happening! But they get their late charge and extra fee for paying on the phone each time. It is a way to bilk one out of money each time and there is nothing I can do about it except refinance... And it is almost paid for or take them to court, which I guess I will have to do.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for your feedback Tonya. We’re sorry you had a negative customer experience with us. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we would like to investigate the reason for this further. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com so we can follow up with you personally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I recently used Westlake as my loan carrier for my vehicle purchase. Westlake is easy to work with, offers many options on repayment, really nice folks to work with. Lynete **, you rock. Great customer service.

Westlake Financial response

Hi David. Thank you so much for your positive review! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience. We value our customers and appreciate the feedback.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I was upset because a situation with my car. But Cristina was so amazing, I forgot about the problem. She answer all my questions and I appreciate her getting the time to explain everything to me the way she did. I just got out of the hospital. I had a heart attack and she was concerned. They should give her a position of a supervisor or a manager because she did an amazing job.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Sonia! We have passed along your praises to Cristina. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I have been a customer of Westlake Financial for over 2 years now. I had no problems with them other than the high APR and finding out my payments are going towards interest. So I make my payments via debit card paying extra $5 fee every month. Well on February 23 I made my payment got confirmation email. Made my payment in March as I had always done. Well April 9th I was hospitalized due to having an emergency C-section and was in the hospital for several days. Let me say this my payment isn't due until the 20th of the month. So April 12th I was released from the hospital and I sent my husband to get my car from home because baby car seat was in it. Well he got home my car was gone.

After calling the police to report that my car was stolen I found out that it was repossessed. I immediately called Westlake to see why. The rep advised me that they hadn't received payment since January. I knew that was a big lie. So he said that my account was 58 dates past due. I said that impossible my payments are made by phone directly coming out of my checking account using my debit card. Long story short they located my payments said they had been applied to the wrong account. I couldn't believe the error they made. The rep advised me they would get my car back to me by the end of the day. So I got my car back that day. He also said a supervisor would contact me about the incident.

Well still haven't heard from one yet and it's now May a day away from June. I always watch my credit as I been repairing it for over a year now so I could get refinancing from my credit union because of this company. Anyway Westlake reported late payments on my account which drastically dropped my credit scores. I was pissed because I been working hard to get my credit scores up and they were all in the mid 600s 631 656 670. So I called Westlake and talked to several representatives due to some being really rude and aggressive about a mistake they made. I finally spoke with a Mrs. ** and was advised the error would be corrected and they would notify all 3 credit agencies. Also I would receive a goodwill letter per me requesting one to show my credit union so they could see this was not true on what Westlake reported to the credit bureaus.

Also I was charged all types of fees for when they wrongfully repossessed my car. As I stated earlier it's now the end of May still no phone call from any supervisor and nothing has changed. I call at least once a week and I either get a rude response from representative saying what else do you want us to do. "We returned your car you should be grateful for that" I'm like, "Excuse me my car was taken due to an error made by Westlake applying my payment to someone else account. Note they still haven't applied that payment back to my account and the fees for repossession are still being charged to my account which is not right and upon talking to a lawyer they couldn't charge me for their mistake and they don't remove said fees update the inaccurate information they reported for me to contact them and they would proceed to assist with filing a complaint with BBB and other actions as violating my consumer rights.

With all that I have said. I personally would never have used Westlake Financial Services for my auto loan if I had known what I know now and what I have experienced with them. Also I received numerous calls after I had made my payments over the course of 2 years demanding payment after payments had already been made. Then from the incident that happened in April 2018 upon calling to get updated information on my account the representatives had wrong information and they didn't even know my car had been returned. Told me I would have to pay over $1200 to get my car back. So as far as representatives having accurate knowledge of account information they don't.

Every time I spoke with someone they was either very rude or aggressive. Treated me like I was a hassle to them one even stating "You can't keep calling us every week about the same thing." I was in shock when I was told that and replied I have the right to call until the matter is resolved. I would not recommend this company to anyone as they are very unprofessional and they don't care about you as a "CUSTOMER". I worked in sales and I was trained to help resolve whatever the problem or situation was. Also I would have to repeat myself over and over due to representatives not able to clearly understand English as everyone I spoke with was foreign and I had trouble understanding what they were saying.

I truly regret doing business with this company. My loan was originally $15988 and after 2 years of payments plus a down payment of $2800 (I was only required to pay $1500 down but I put extra $1300 thinking the payments would be lower). I'm still owe them $13908 and I pay $367 a month plus $5 fee for paying with my debit card which is ridiculous. As I write about this experience and nightmare in which I'm dealing with I have not seen any action that I was assured by Westlake would be corrected. I can't imagine that I would be going through this awful situation and I will personally be taking the next steps in order for me to get resolution on the issues. Sincerely very disappointed dissatisfied and wrongfully done customer.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Tiffany. We are very sorry to hear that your concerns were not addressed and would love the opportunity to help. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we may gather more information to help us resolve this for you. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

Original review: May 26, 2018

My experience with Westlake Financial Services has nothing than rewarding. Their Agents are always willing to help and understand that in life things can happen, and are willing to work with you. I truly appreciate Ryan ** whom I spoke to, today and was able to help me gain a positive experience once again. Thank you for your hard work and your willingness to want to help. It is truly appreciated.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake Elba! Thank you for your comments about Ryan. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Clearly I'm not the only person with this issue... Vehicle paid off in mid March. Sent almost 4 grand, waiting for a title ever since. My personal bank, insurance company, and myself had upwards of 10 conversations with reps, supervisors, title dept, their supervisors. Even my insurance hates calling them. Reps are extremely uninformed, I've been lied to almost 4 different occasions on title status, they lied and said it was mailed twice and it wasn't. I was told they had the title, then they didn't hold titles, then they had it again and it mailed currently apparently.

Today alone I've been HUNG UP on 4 times, once by a rep and apparently 3 times by supervisors "that cant hear me" after the call is transferred. So 4 hours of my morning on the phone with absolutely no answers. I would tell ANYONE who considers financing through this company think twice. Thankfully I have other vehicles but they have made selling the one through them an absolute nightmare, and still continues to be. And NO Westlake. I do not want to email your company, my lawyers will be contacted if it's not resolved.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Westlake Financial is the worst company I ever had to deal with. Customer service reps are very rude, unprofessional, they lie and no one is ever on the same page. One person will tell you one thing and another person will tell you something different on the same issue. I have been getting the runaround for 2 months about them sending me my title. I cant even sell or trade my car in, and I have yet to receive my title. If Westlake Financial was the only company to finance me, I would rather walk or catch the bus to not have to deal with them EVER again. Please use someone else for your financial needs. If you use Westlake Financial, you will be sorry. TRUST ME!!!

Westlake Financial response

We’re sorry to hear that you had a poor customer experience with us and we offer our sincere apologies. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com so that we can discuss how to fix this issue. We want our customers to always experience the best in customer care.

Original review: May 15, 2018

My account was transferred from its original lender, Pelican, in March 2018. My last payment directly to Pelican was March 13th. I paid my April’s car note directly to Westlake on April 13th. When I called to get my account information in order to pay May’s car note, I was sent the statement as well. When originally speaking with a representative from Westlake I was told that nothing would change. However, my last payment to Pelican (which they forwarded to Westlake) showed 6.39% interest being charged and the remainder went towards the principal. However, when I made my payment directly to Westlake, 100% of my car note went directly to interest.

I called several times and after being left on hold and hung up on twice, I spoke with a representative and was told that they "meant" to charge me 64.23% interest and the remainder to the principal. When I asked, "How is that possible, that’s not what I was being charged with Pelican," I was placed back on hold and several minutes later, I was hung up on again. So, I decided to send an email, with all the details and attached statement, to customerexperience@westlakefinancal.com and it’s been almost a week and I still haven’t received a response. I’m still researching my rights and what I will have to do to rectify their mistake. It's extremely obvious they have no intention of correcting their mistake on their own.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Aletha. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: May 14, 2018

I had an auto loan with Westlake Financial. I made every payment on time and pay the loan off early. The loan had been paid in full 03/01/2018 and 90 days later they still have not notified the credit bureau to have it removed off of my credit report. I have placed numerous call to Westlake without any success.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Kelley. We are very sorry to hear that your concerns were not addressed and would love the opportunity to help. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we may gather more information to help us resolve this for you. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

Original review: May 12, 2018

This is the worst experience I have ever had with a company. If I could give a 0 star rating I would. The loan was paid in full by Geico Auto Insurance. Westlake added an additional 608.00 for towing fees and Geico had taken care of the ENTIRE bill. Now they have reported a past due on my credit report and I never received a bill by mail to notify me. Please do something to make sure that companies like this cannot harm consumers such as myself. I hope that no one will ever use Westlake Financial... very dishonest and corrupt company.

Westlake Financial response

Hi John, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We truly care about our customers and are working to address concerns we are made aware of. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Do not use Westlake financial, I'm in a lawsuit with them now, I sold my pickup to my father in law and he banks with Western Security Bank and they sent Westlake a cashier check and I have proof that they received it and on the back of the check it even has their account info where it got deposited in and they even confirmed with me that it was.

But now they are saying that they didn't get it and when Western Security Bank calls them they just hang up on them, they do nothing but screw people over, and now today my friend comes up to me and says they try to repo his truck cause he was a month behind and he calls them and tries to show them proof that he paid it and they say, "Nope." So now he's getting a lawyer to go after them!!! This company is not worth dealing with. They will only cause problems down the road for you!!! I can't believe this company is even around anymore and if anyone does not believe me on this I would be glad and happy to show you proof and I will be smiling and laughing to prove it to anyone!!!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Mike. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Our car was repossess on Monday May 7. Of all the people that I have to talk, while paying and confirming payment, and trying to get our car back I talked To Audrey today who show compassion and care and treated me like a mother. She deserves a raise and a higher position.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake Maria! Thank you for your comments about Audrey. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have had the worst experience with this company from the customer service representatives to the supervisors. I paid off my car note early back in February. It’s now May and I have not received my title yet despite me calling speaking with different representatives. I took it as far as to speak with a supervisor and they lied also about sending in the request. They claimed they sent it out to me but It's really ironic that I didn’t receive it but if I was late with my payment I would have received a letter. I beyond upset about this.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Elsie, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: May 7, 2018

It all started when I called in October to make a payment towards all fees on my account. The representative that took my payment did not do so. I was not able to see this was not done until a payment history was sent to me when I called in about my account. I then made another payment on my account and again a partial amount went to fees and interest. After speaking to many supervisors I was informed that 25.00 in fees would be waived from my account, however when I made another payment I saw that 25.00 was taken again to interest. After everything was situated so I thought. I made my April payment And discovered that I had a late charge. When I called in I was advised that my March payment didn’t post in their system until a month later. Which isn’t my fault. It’s never ending with Westlake and no one ever seem to know what they’re doing.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake, Jamickia. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I have a repair shop and one of their loan customers brought a truck to me for repairs. I am currently owed $8000 toward repairs. Westlake repossessed the truck but didn't take it due to the lien against it from me. They said they will not release the title or a letter from them saying they are releasing the truck to me. "It is against our policy" or so they say. What are they going to do with a title and no vehicle? How hard is it to give me something considering I told them where the truck was since the owner wouldn't. I would never deal with them after this.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Darren. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: May 7, 2018

I wish I can give no stars, I have been a customer of Westlake Financial since 2016. I have made my payments on time. The past couple of months I have come across an hardship which I became behind 2 months, I recently become very ill. (March and April) I called on 4/10/2018 and made a partial payment of 200.00. I was then asked by the representatives if I at least like to make the March payment. She could work with me with April. I informed the representative that I could not at the time but the 200.00 is what I could pay them. I also shared my current health and the reason I was behind. I would make the remaining payment and additional payments 05/18/2018 which is a Friday. She said that she could note that into the account. May came around that was another car payment added to my owing balance. Which brought it to 888.02. I had already informed any owing amounts will be taken care of on 05/18/2018.

05/04/2018 my car was repossessed a Sunday. I called today 05/07/2018 and spoke with Danyne ** and he advised that he did not have a record of repossession with the company Westlake hired. That it takes 24 hours possibly to get that information. He then said he would give me an estimated cost that I would have to pay. He added an additional 500+ estimated in fees. Not included also storage fees. Because the car would need to sit until the 05/18/2018 that's when I originally said I would pay all owing balances in full. Now I have stayed in communication with this company... I notified when the payment could be made. I wasn't notified of anything other but... it will be noted.

I have not an issues with paying them prior until my hardship. I'm now is to believe this is how this company capitalize off their consumers. This how they make their money. Please note... 888.02 was what my car was repossessed for. I kept them informed. I provided a date. There is people that owe more than this... which would never pay. I paid my payments. Just like a person that has an unexpected life event that happens. It just set me back. I will be posting this on every social media site I can think of. I will not recommend this company to anyone. If anyone ask me about them I would say nothing but... "Don't do it. Find another financial company." Oh yeah... these days a good paying customer is not valued anymore... even with an hardship. At least with this company.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake, Tabitha. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I spoke to Jana'e about some questions that I had. I had spoken with another person about these same questions and was not told about additional fees that would be added to my bill. When I ask Jana'e she was very honest and upfront about the additional fees and explained them to me in detail. Her honesty is very rare these days and is very much appreciated. I did thank her for being honest with me. Jana'e showed great character and integrity and for that I commend her. Thank you again Jana'e!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for such a great review Chad! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. We will also make sure that Jana'e receives the recognition she deserves. She will be really happy to see your review. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Original review: May 2, 2018

When I called Westlake Financial to make my car payment my representative was very nice, very Courteous, knew her job very well. It took less than two minutes to make my car payment and all my questions were answered. Thank you very much Cassandra **.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Cassandra. We value all of our customer’s feedback. We are glad we were able to help you and provide you with such a positive experience! If you ever have any questions about your account, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: April 30, 2018

We contacted Westlake Financial to obtain a Release of Lien for a vehicle we paid off over 10 years ago but for which the DMV still showed a lien by WFS. We contacted WFS and was told to contact a third-party company in order to get that document and refused to help. The cost to have the third-party provide that document would be $45.00. I spoke with person after person and all I got was "sorry, but we can't provide that information to you. You will need to contact mytitlesupport.com". Our loan was through WFS, not a third-party vendor. That document should have been provided as a matter of course. The customer service was horrible. They refused to help saying that they provided all of their records to the third-party vendor and we had to contact them. When I asked them to contact the third-party vendor on our behalf and get the document for us since we were their customer, they refused.

If at all possible, DO NOT BECOME A CUSTOMER (VICTIM) OF WFS. We also went through this process recently with another credit company and it was a breeze. They didn't give us a minute's grief and provided the document the same day. Our loan was sold to WFS and if I knew then what I know now, I would have paid off the loan before having it transferred to WFS. Any business that conducts themselves in this matter does not deserve to stay in business. Run!

Westlake Financial response

Hi Charlanne. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com.

Westlake Financial Company Information