2.40/5
Based on 139 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a loan company?

438 Westlake Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

When others overlooked my grief and issues Luis was extremely professional and showed empathy towards my confusion. He was calm and this helped me to calm down! He was very patient and polite with me. I have never had a better customer service representative like Luis in my 40 years of life! Thanks to Luis! He’s amazing!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

This place in my opinion should not even be allowed to operate as a business. Reviewing the previous reviews I see that they have a pattern of misleading, lying to customers. My car was taken on 8/9/18. I paid the fees on 8/10. It is now 8/15 and I still have not been able to get my vehicle back. I have been given the run around by their customer service dept. I'm fed up and I ready to take legal action. I'm in full compliance of my contract but yet they are allowed to breach it. I'm contacting every agency I can to file a complaint in addition to legal assistance. Not to mention the fees I'm responsible for to get my personal belongings back. I HATE this company, they purchased my account from my original finance company. I have had to drop my classes because my car has not been returned. Worse company ever!!!

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have to say that I am very pleased with the service provided by Westlake staff! I had an account with them few years back, and for some reason it was not showing completely paid on my credit reports. I reached out to Westlake to have them update the information because I am ready to purchase a home for my little girls. I spoke to supervisor Harvey **, who explained to me why it was showing charges-off, he said to please give him a week to update and send me a letter to give to my lender, and I was amazed as how fast I received the letter! He went above and beyond to make sure I received my letter, not even two hours later, and my lender already had the letter, plus the following day, my credit report was updated.

Mr. Harvey definitely exceeded my expectations and his whole team was extremely helpful and pleasant on the phone. Please, if you’re having a negative experience, calm down and speak to them nicely, explain your concerns and I tell you, they will do their best to help you and deliver! Oh and he also gave me some credit report tips!!?? Thank you Westlake team and Mr. Harvey **. From the ** family Florida.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Wilfrid! Thank you for your comments about Harvey. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

LaToya, was a great representative, she took the time to listen to me and to also help me when I explained my financial issues to her. I’ve read a lot of bad reviews about Westlake Financial and was a little upset about their services, but since I’ve been with Westlake Financial its seems as if their service has improved a lot. LaToya, keep up the good work. Remember it’s not the company that makes the company, it is the representative who work for the company, that makes the company.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Nicole! Thank you for your comments about LaToya. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I opened an account with Westlake Financial some time last year for an Acadia and everything was great despite reviews and people I had talked to who warned me. I never had a bit of an issue. Customer service was always friendly and helpful and everything was good. In February I found out I was expecting again and I needed to upgrade to a larger car so I went to the same dealership and found a perfect match. I financed again with Westlake. I was sort of concerned because I had to put $4,000 down because my old loan wasn’t “old enough”, but it was doable so it got done.

A few weeks later my husband had to go out of town for work so I went with him being so pregnant I’m no longer working and we took our kids. During the time our payment was due but it didn’t cross our minds and we didn’t receive a call. We even called them about our license plate and it wasn’t mentioned. We get home and get our mail and realized we were days away from our payment so we immediately called to pay and they told us our loan was up for review and making a payment wouldn’t help. Then the dealership called and told us our loan was being thrown out and we would lose the Acadia we traded in, our $4,000 down payment, and our new car leaving us with 6 children and ZERO vehicles.

I’m going to be having a baby, with a heart condition nonetheless, any day now and this is way too much on my plate. I can’t seem to get any answers about my loan. The dealership wants us to go to another bank for a loan but we would just like to resolve the one we have. We have called Cynthia ** a thousand times trying to come up with a plan or set up automatic payment but she will not answer or return calls. I have no idea where to go from here. I guess legal advice would be the only way to go.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Jayme. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I've read some negative reviews about Westlake Financial Services, but myself I’ve been with them for over 2 years now and they have always gone above and beyond to help me whether it's helping me change my payment due date or to get an extension due to hard times and falling behind on payments. They always do whatever they can to help regardless of all the countless times I duck and dodge their calls. They’re not like other companies who you miss one payment and are quick to repo your vehicle with either one notice or not even a notice at all. Felipe ** was very helpful time after time for all the above needs. I highly recommend Westlake if you’re looking for a finance company who actually cares to help you and doesn't just see you as another account number.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake Ashley! Thank you for your comments about Felipe. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I wish I would have checked out this rip off lying people. I put 8500.00 down and have paid 6 payments on-time and wanted to shop for a lower interest rate than 23.99% which I was paying. As soon as a bank approved me and was going to trade the vehicle the next night my car was wrongfully repoed. And can't get a straight answer from anyone or why. They are racking up money by storing my car but guess what I have already got legal consul waiting for these crooks next move. Don't trust these people. They are THIEVES.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Sandra. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 31, 2018

This Financial company is the worst Nightmare of my life so far, If I could give a 0 star rating I would also. The loan was paid in full in January 22, 2018. This is August 2018 and they still show as unpaid to all the three credit report agency. I keep calling and nobody can explained to me why they still showing in my reports for almost 7 months and nobody can transfer me to a manager or supervisor, this company is total scam. Can anybody will someday listen or do something to make sure this company cannot harm consumers, this company will hurt your credit so bad. I hope that no one will ever use Westlake Financial... very dishonest and corrupt company. Like somebody wrote about is true I wish I would check their feedback before to go to them. This company needs to go out because is so dishonest.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Irwin. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 26, 2018

I have been dealing with this unprofessional finance company for days now trying to get my account with them closed due to paying off my vehicle early! I purchased my Jeep March of 2017 through Westlake Financial company. I have made all my payments on time and even paid it off 13 months after purchase on Feb 24 2018. My finance agreement was for 2 years. They sent me a pay off letter and my title but will not submit whatever it is to have it took off my credit. I just looked at my credit on Monday July 23rd 2018 to ask them why they have not closed the line of credit after I paid it off in Feb.

They gave me numerous stories and the runaround for days! So they told me it would come off my credit in 3 to 5 business days then another rep told me 3 weeks. Now I have been told it should be off by Monday. I will never go through these schmucks ever again! It's these people who see an individual who needs a little help and takes advantage of them. Shame on this company and how they run a poor business. So now we will just have to wait until Monday to see if one of these many crappy reps actually do the job at hand.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Shawna. We are very sorry to hear that your concerns were not addressed and would love the opportunity to help. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we may gather more information to help us resolve this for you. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Unbelievably positive. I think my years on earth have been extended because of Yvette, and the Westlake family! Westlake Financial service is absolutely unbeatable. Totally a positive... professional... and uplifting experience!

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, James! Thank you for your comments about Yvette. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I just bought a used car on Sunday. Westlake was the one to give me the loan. They call to verify my information yesterday. The man I spoke with was rude and had so much attitude for no reason. I answered the call while I was in the car I told him, I’m in the car so it’s hard to hear because it’s loud. I must have told him that maybe three or four times. He then proceeded to give me attitude the whole conversation because I asked him a few times if he could repeat some of the questions and he responded with “Can you hear me?!” And proceeded to whisper “Oh my God” with such annoyance. I then ignored it all and finished the conversation.

But then he called my work today to verify that I work there and lucky me I was the one who answered. He then again gave me so much attitude simply because I’m the manager and my boss above me was not there. A simply, "Can I have the number to your boss" would have been fine but he continued to be rude. Point here is hire people who actually wants to work for your company. One of the worst customer experience I have ever dealt with. He should hope not to call again.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Maria. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: July 11, 2018

I had a great experience speaking with Ivan **. He helped me finish all the paperwork I needed to get done in a timely matter and was super helpful and very nice. Great experience overall and Ivan was a great guy to talk too.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Erickson! We have passed along your praises to Ivan. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: July 10, 2018

My Prius was financed through Westlake and for two years while working and going to school — both full time, I never missed a payment. While transitioning between jobs and leaving an abusive intimate partnership... my car was hit by my former partner. I informed Westlake that I needed time to pay them so I could also repair the vehicle. The reps worked with me for one month and despite my attempts to reconcile the balance due their reps lied to me and then repossessed my car without warning. When I tried to reconcile the balance due, to keep credit stable and to get a new car — they put a negative comment on my credit report.

Two years of loyalty and timely if not early payments and when I really needed leniency or a grace period they burned me. They’re still dinging my credit report despite me offering small payments that I could manage with school & work! They will not settle with me, and it’s keeping me from financing a new vehicle (not everyone has parents or family who help them). Avoid them like the plague! Get financed through a local credit union!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. If you have any questions, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192.

Original review: July 10, 2018

ALERT!!! Please do not EVER do business with this company! This is predatory lending at its best. I'm partially disabled & I'll ride a bike the 15 miles to work before I ever use them again! I have an auto loan from them. Fell behind 1 month due financial hardship - I called before the due date - was advised it was nothing they could do. 2 weeks later, they repossessed the vehicle on 7/3/18 at 9:56 pm. I wasn't aware the car was gone until the next day which was 7/4/18 - Independence day - a Federal Holiday. I reported the car as stolen to local police office, who could not locate the vehicle in their database (the tow company never submitted legal paperwork or reported repossession to them - in doing so, they broke the law). Afterwards, I called Westlake to inform them the car was stolen. That is when I learned the car was repossessed.

The supervisor was the most disgusting individual, very snide & difficult to deal with. On a federal holiday - I was advised to go to MoneyGram & make a payment. Hello! Everything was closed due to the holiday. The next day on 7/5/18 - I called Westlake to make payment & retrieve the vehicle. I was advised it takes 24-48 hours to process re-instatement paperwork. Contacted the tow company on 7/6/18 - voicemail stated I had to leave a message & schedule an appt to retrieve car. Never received a return call. Called Westlake 6 times and was transferred from rep to rep & placed on hold to be disconnected 3 times. Today on 7/9/18 - I called tow company & was informed my plates were surrendered to DMV on 7/5/18 & by law, they had to do so within 24 hrs of tow. Stated I needed new plates before I could pick up car??? The tow company said it was Westlake's responsibility to inform me.

I spent 3 1/2 hrs in DMV for new plates. Called Westlake again to have collection rep tell me he cannot send proof of payment or re-instatement. The specifics of this fiasco is questionable - if not illegal. If you have a problem with this company's questionable practices - report them to the California State Dist Attorneys office & prepare to retain a lawyer.

Westlake Financial response

Hi. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: July 8, 2018

Westlake Financial on Wilshire in LA, CA. I have financed multiple cars/boats over the years. This company is by far the worst! They don’t care about their customers!! For months I have been fighting a 30 day incorrect late mark. They say, "Dispute it. When the dispute comes in we will remove it!" I have wasted hours and days of my time with them and the disputes. I have perfect payment history on every loan and every credit card I have ever had. This company has by far the WORST customer service.

Then today my balance is only $577. I paid $185 more today. My loan balance is now only $392 and then today third time they have done this too!!! They reported to Equifax that my loan balance went from $577 to $4,600 (I paid them with my debit card and funds cleared my account). Again their incompetence bringing my score down reporting incorrect derogatory information. This company yes you to death and could care less. They are the WORST financial company I have ever dealt with. Now have to spend hours disputing their totally incorrect reported balance. How does my balance go from $577 to $4,600??? Are they nuts???

Westlake Financial response

Hi. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: July 2, 2018

Today I called in to make a payment and schedule another for a later date. Ryan was extremely helpful in assisting me without being judgmental about my late payment. He made me feel comfortable talking to him on the phone.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Anisa! We have passed along your praises to Ryan. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I'm a current on payments. Was late my first payment do to a serious medical condition. Now the first payment was 2 weeks or so late but they accepted and I've made the second payment now 16 days current and ready to make my third payment. I woke up and discovered my car gone. Called police. They said your finance company repoed it. Called WestLake. They said "we dont have a repo order out on your car". Called police back and asked who called in The repo. They stated (reality auto) the dealer I purchased from.

I called WestLake back and asked why does the dealer have my car. They stated "well your account is being reviewed". I said why? "Because you were late two payments ago and we can't guarantee we will still service your loan". Ok I'm current now so you and the dealer decide to hold my vehicle which I'm current on until you decide what you feel like doing with my loan. Keep in mind the dealer says WestLake made them buyback the loan. WestLake says "no we haven't made any decision yet". I lawyered up IMMEDIATELY!!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Don. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: July 1, 2018

Had great experience. Anthony ** is very helpful... explain all process clearly and worked with my budget. Was very patient with my schedule and worked with me throughout the whole settlement arrangements.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Agustina! We have passed along your praises to Anthony.We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I was lied to about when loan satisfaction is reported to credit agencies and when mine was reported. It's been three months and it shows that I still owe money to Westlake preventing me from getting a home loan.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Carlos, we would like to apologize for the negative experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Zero stars. All of the negative reviews from clients it’s like they are echoing my experience with them. I have spoken to numerous representatives including management and most have been rude. A representative Dalia offered me a settlement of an amount and then I call to settle. She is gone for the day. I speak to Sandra. She had to get an approval but manager declined. I asked to speak to the manager Joe **. He was extremely rude for being a manager. Raising his threatening, demanding, belittling, humiliating tone of voice towards me not honoring the settlement that was offered. I know they have financial struggles like any one of us but they treat customers like if they walk on water and live in glass houses. May God Bless them always!!!

Westlake Financial response

Hi, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: June 29, 2018

After speaking with a customer service agent and setting up a payment arrangement for 144.00 to come out that same Friday my truck was repossessed that very night. After calling they mysteriously could not find any documentation that I called however they did have my bank account information that I gave them to draft the 144.00. Now 2000.00 dollars later calling them to retrieve my vehicle JoAnn ** consistently talked over me, hung up on, told that they do not place anyone on hold and there are no supervisors available.

I am still trying to recover my Truck. I already have so much money into having been a customer for 3 years. I do not want to lose the vehicle. Never mind the fact that when the repo agent came to pick up the vehicle he stated the he had been out 2 times prior but the account was current. I intend on taking this as far as it can possibly go. This is by the worst company I have ever dealt with and they should not be allowed to do business.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Candice. Thank you for your feedback once again. We appreciate you giving us an opportunity to correct the problem and meet your expectations.

Original review: June 27, 2018

On 6/25/2018 My car was repossessed by this company who evidently took over my loan. This company has been a total nightmare. They have continuously pulled my credit and have brought it down 57 points, when I have never sign a damn thing with them. They asked me to pay a ** fee that equaled up to $1012.00 before 48 hours and if not my car will be put up for auction. At this point I'm highly upset because if my car is behind they have not only a tracing device on it but cut off switch because the car is bought from a Buy Here Pay Here place. However I end up paying a $500.00 towing fee and all the other ** they tacked on. I give them the money in the matter of two hours, that's when they tell me it can take up to two days to get my car released. After I ask them how am I supposed to get to work they suggest I take a Uber. I go the ** off at this point then they hang up on me.

I call back and they claim they don't tolerate cursing, but they put a person in a hostile situation and expect that person to be calm. After calling them the next day every hour because I work nights they final release the car. I have to drive 1 hour to pick it up and they have it in the back of someone's yard. My car is dirty and the back headlight is out. It wasn't that way when they took it. Not to mention that the people who have my car house is located in a unsafe area and had me sign the papers in order to even give me my car back. They had stripped my car of everything and I was in fear of my life to complain. Westlake Financial doesn't give a damn about their customers and everyone should look elsewhere. There is no need for a reprehensive to even comment underneath my complaint because the whole damn company and ** off and burn in hell with gasoline underwear on!!!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial, Shaneda. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: June 25, 2018

It had to be the worst 4 years of my life dealing with Westlake Financial. They would call the day the bill was due. When I mail it out every month. On Time! I was 100% on time every single payment! If there were a customer payment rating. I'd have an A+ score. Their interest rate was just insane! Was so fed up with the company that I gathered up 6500 dollars just to say screw you! But when I call and request the title to my fully paid off vehicle, they want to make me wait a month! But they are so quick to jump down your throat for "not being on time with your payment". They check out when each check was postdated. On time! I feel as if I would have given my right eye to say I'd never have to deal with Westlake Financial again. Luckily I just paid them a fat check. Bye bye.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Corey, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We offer competitive financing options for customers in all categories of the credit spectrum, which is why we’re really sorry to hear that you’re unhappy with our service. Please let us know if there is a specific concern we can help resolve, we would like the opportunity to try and provide a resolution. Please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: June 25, 2018

Car loans and transfers: I do not know why my account was ever sold to these people but this has to be the most backwards company I have ever dealt with. Like where do I start. 1st they charge you almost every way possible to pay your bill. Call you at inappropriate times of the day night and Sunday night? Then they act like I choose to be with them. I will be done paying my account in November but I am desperately searching for ways to be done sooner because this is a nightmare. My due dates are screwed up from before and like I'm just at a loss. Been paying in good standing for 3 yrs on this car and right when I almost done I get to deal with this... I am just extremely disappointed.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Geneva. Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate customers who take the time to let us know about their experiences with our company. We assure you that customer satisfaction is our top priority and we want the service provided to reflect that principle. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I had to have a deferred payment back in May of 2017. They originally told me that my payment will be delayed by a month. They send me the form, I sign it. I call them back in June and they tell me that if I pay $50 now and $213 in July, that will bring my account current and anything owed will be put on at the end of my loan (adding an extra month). They tell me I may see a late payment every month but that is the payment I will pay at the end. So I do as they say and don't worry about the late payment.

I make my payments in a timely manner every month since then. My payments are due on the 21st. I make my payment today after 6 so I call to make sure it post because I'm buying a house. The lady tells me my payment is 31 days past due... how? I was told not to worry about that late payment because that's the added payment towards the end... mind you I have paid a few dollars over each payment so it's lower. Now I'm basically screwed on buying a house thanks to Westlake Customer Service lying. I need to get my children out of this area due to violence and now I will have a late payment on my credit at closing time which will cause me to lose the loan???

Westlake Financial response

Hi Stephanie. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: June 21, 2018

My son's business truck was presumably repoed from my driveway over a week ago. We have called Westlake every day & get hung up on. We want to know where truck was towed to remove contents, including firearm, wallet, roll of cash, cell phone, & $16k worth of tools and how much money is owed to get truck back. No letters. No return email. Hang ups when we call. We have to report it stolen today to get any action taken. Tow & storage fees are mounting meanwhile. Most unprofessional customer service & possibly illegally operated, predatory lender I've encountered. And I see responses from them on other reviews apologizing & stating to call them. That doesn't work!!!

Westlake Financial response

Hi Debbie. We are very sorry to hear that your concerns were not addressed and would love the opportunity to help. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we may gather more information to help us resolve this for you. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Brooklyn Customer Service Was the best. I'm overjoyed with the help that I received from Ms. **. She works in customer service and her skills are beyond management. She definitely needs a promotion. We were literally on the phone for almost an hour and she answered all of my questions.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Takia! We have passed along your praises to Brooklyn. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I’ve dealt with many bad companies before. I’ve dealt with terrible customer service too. As someone who has worked in a call center before I try to keep my composure because I know it’s hard, but THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY I'VE EVER DONE BUSINESS WITH IN MY LIFE. I just got off a 15 minute call (after being transferred and hung up on MANY times), speaking with a rep who tells me he has no managers or supervisors. The rep prior, Solomon **, told me he “doesn’t just transfer to managers” - I spent almost 30 minutes arguing with him to get a manager on the line, then he hangs up! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. Please do NOT finance with them! They are nothing but trouble. Interest rates are extremely high and the customer care is non existent.

I asked is the company a startup being they have no managers or supervisors, the rep stated “it may be they are on break or maybe everyone left, but it should be a pretty big company.” - WHAT?! You don’t know where your managers are OR how big your company is? Just don’t do it. I can sit here and tell you about every terrible interaction I’ve had with them but honestly I don’t have enough words. Just go with someone else. Anyone else. The customer service never knows anything. The company is ONLY good for taking payments. And they BARELY do that right. And yes Consumer Affairs, I would like an attorney to contact me!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Shawntel. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: June 16, 2018

This company is disrespectful to their consumers. They talk over you, make it difficult to set up payment arrangements and will send you letters that your payment was returned as you look directly at your bank statement showing it was deducted. They are rude and will not admit to any mistake. Only that you are always wrong. You must pay $5 more to use debit card and can not set up payment to be auto drafted unless THEY transfer you. I wish Pelican Auto NEVER sold my loan to this company. I would not recommend them to anyone!!! After reading other comments it scares to come to the end of my loan. It appears it will be difficult. Be afraid if you get sold to this company!!!

Westlake Financial response

Hi Ann. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we can further assist you.

Original review: June 15, 2018

These guys are textbook crooks and have no shred of decency. I have been trying to get my refund check from them for an insurance claim for the last 3 months. The systematically lied about it going out until, then they said that they sent the check back to the insurance and then they finally admitted the check never went out. It was just sitting there on someone's desk for three weeks. How can a financial institution not know where their client's money is. They are plain nasty people and anyone who works there has no self-respect. Do not say you were not warned.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Sobhy. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Not sure about Westlake Financial?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Loan Companies for you.

Westlake Financial Company Information

www.westlakefinancial.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business