Westlake Financial

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The dealer where I got my car from, they failed to give me the extended warranty that I paid for thru Westlake Financial, and somehow they (the dealer) did not return the money to Westlake Financial on time. So, I called Westlake Financial to let them know of my situation, Andrea ** (in Insurance Department - Warranty) took my call and from that day on, she was always calling me and letting me know how things were going with my situation. It took a while for the dealer to return the money, but Andrea ** always called me on the day that she said she would, sometimes I was not able to take her calls; but she always left a message for me. Andrea ** didn`t stop until the money was returned into my account with Westlake Financial. Thank you so much Andrea ** for all your help.

I called into Westlake today to see if I qualified for an extension. Being new to Westlake from AFS I was not eligible because I had not made 3 payments at this time. However Keyerrah ** (hope I spelled correctly) advised me of the options that I was eligible for. She offered a due date change. She was very helpful and courteous. She was professional and apologized when she cut me off and allowed me to finish my statement. I was nervous about calling because of the negative reviews that I have read but she was very helpful to me and I hope that if I ever have to call in again that I am able to speak with her.

I made arrangements to pay my car note today but I was still short. So I called Westlake Financial to see if I can get a few more days and they assisted me. With the help of Marisha who was very helpful, professional and knowledgeable... Thanks Westlake Financial and Marisha.

This company is completely fraudulent. Do NOT finance here. I pay my bill, then they repossess my car. Then they want $630 to get it back. It is a racket! All they want is to incur finances and repo your car, then they can sell it. That is how they make their money. Marlon **, Jennifer ** - you are supposed to be managers but you are crooks and belong in jail. My attorney will make sure that you don't treat good people like this again. I cannot complain enough!

A couple months ago I had trouble getting my title from this company. I was transferred between departments because no one knew what I wanted. Finally this girl answered the phone. I told her, "Please listen to me. You're my last hope." I was done with Westlake. No one listens but this girl said, "Sir give me a chance what's going on?" Finally she was patient, able to listen to my problem and like nothing fixed it. I asked to be transferred to her manager some lady and I told her how happy I was with her employee. She was the only one who helped me.

I came across my emails and I saw hers. I emailed her to say thank you once again. She asked if I could leave a review on Yelp for her and Yelp isn't my thing but Regina **, you are the best thing Westlake has going for them. Thank you lady for your help. And your manager is doing a good job with the hiring. Get more people who are willing to listen to your customers Westlake. She's the only reason I leave a 5 star review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

I didn't research enough!!! They are the worst! They give no assistance or help when you need it. Yes, I have been late with my payments but I only had two payments left and they repo my car!!! That should be a crime!!! What they want to do is resell it! Please customers unlike me, read up on Westlake before signing any agreement!!! Now in order for me to get my car back I have to nearly pay double plus repo fees!! This is a shame!!! Never again!!

I had to call Westlake Financial Services this morning and to my surprise I got contacted with Ryan. He really listen to my problem and offer a way to fix it. Thank you Westlake Financial and Ryan for being such a great help to a person's life.

THEY CALL ME 8+ TIMES IN A DAY EVEN AFTER SPEAKING WITH REPRESENTATIVES EXPLAINING MY SITUATION. It's not like I haven't been keeping in touch but 8+ times come on. NOW THEY CALL MY WORK NON-STOP! I told them they aren't allowed to call me at work and they still do! They say they have every right to call because I owe a debt. I have proceeded to trade the terrible car and now have the trade in company paying off my debt. I have called and told them and THEY STILL CALL 8+ times a day!!! NON-STOP HARASSMENT. I can't wait to be completely done with them. NEVER again will I deal with them.

If I could give a zero I would. I've had a loan with this company since 2012, it has been a complete nightmare. The staff for the most part are rude and hateful. They interrupt you if you are talking with them and as far as trying to get any help from supervisors, forget it... They are almost as bad. My advice to anyone looking for a auto loan, run far, far away from this company.

I call to inquire about my next payment. The system had a different amount but Solomon explained in detailed. He really comforted my worries. Solomon was very patient, polite, professional, and caring. I wish I can have this type of customer service experience when I call other companies. Thanks Solomon, YOU ROCK!

First of, I should say I should have gone with my gut on this one. I would have saved myself SO much trouble. My husband and I purchased a vehicle in 2015 for $9000.00. We put a $5000.00 down payment, so you think that would make it around 6 grand on the loan (factoring in tax, tag, title, etc.) NOPE. The balance was 8900. I should have walked out of that dealership then. At the time, my Fiance and I had never financed anything before. The only thing that had ever been on my credit was a start-up loan I got after I graduated high school two years prior. They gave us a TWENTY-SEVEN PERCENT interest rate. Again, I should have ran wayyyy away. But we were young, desperate, and ignorant. This is why I say it was predatory lending they saw young, no credit, and pounced.

***THIS NEXT PART WE WERE CLUELESS ABOUT*** In addition to our interest rate, there is a 7 dollar a day PER DIEM which means "PER DAY." I called asking about this charge. They told me for everyday the loan is active 7 dollars will be added to the principal amount of the loan!!! The second I heard this is decided to try to refinance through another company. At this time we were 4 months into our loan and had never been late. When I went to refinance through my bank I was told that they could not help me due to the fact that I was 60+ days behind on the loan. I showed them my payment folder, receipts and bill with the Due date. Westlake had not been reporting my payments to the credit bureau. I called them in the bank's office wanting to know why this is happening and they could not tell me anything. After getting the run around for 30 minutes and being transferred about 50 times I was fed up.

Fast forward say 6 months my Fiance and I had tied the knot and had to pay for the majority of the wedding ourselves and we were in the process of buying a house. I was a week late on my payment and they called me offering a "Deferred" Payment, meaning they move that payment to the end of my term. I said sure, what they didn't tell me is that this payment would collect late fees. And these late Fees don't get added to your bill. They sit there, getting bigger and bigger. After paying nearly a year at 270.89 a month, and often just rounding up to 300 I checked the payoff. We had only paid down the loan 600 dollars! I was so shocked and upset.

Fast forward another 8 months. Over the past 8 months we had only been late on one payment, but there was a late fee that we still had no clue about. I call to make my payment in March, on a Tuesday. NOTHING IS SAID TO ME about a repo. I wake up to go to work on Friday and my car is GONE! I thought it had been stolen, because I left my keys in it. SO I call and file a police report to be called an hour later and told it had been repoed. I called Westlake and they refused to tell me where my car was. I was panicking because my laptop, purse, wallet, and my work computer were all in the vehicle. I even had a local deputy call and they wouldn't tell him where it was either.

I ask Westlake why I was repoed and they tell me it's because of an 85 dollar late fee. I was livid!! So over an 85 dollar late Fee they wanted me to pay a 375 dollar towing fee, not to mention a 50 reclaim fee, and a 195 reinstatement fee. As mad as I was I was going to pay it. The guys at the towing yard agreed to give me my stuff, but it was too late to get my car back that day. I spoke with Westlake and told them I would call Monday and pay them, because I was not going to pay them, and not have my car all weekend.

So Monday rolls around, and I couldn't get to the tow yard because my hours and theirs aren't the same and my husband is out of town. My off day was Wednesday so I told the tow yard, AND WESTLAKE I'd be paying them on Wednesday. I get a call Tuesday saying my car had been taken to auction. I WAS SO MAD. They told me I could get my car back after I paid the original charges for the repo, and now the auction prep fees, and transport fees Which came out to 1800 in addition the other roughly 500. And my car was in North Carolina. So needless to say I told them to keep the car. Please, save yourself the trouble and avoid the company at all cost. They are crooked and will do anything for another dollar.

Call was answered by a professional and understanding agent named Julia. I forgot I set up automatic withdrawal and made a payment over the phone. It would have bankrupted us for the month. I explained to Julia who was kind and set up a refund to my bank stating funds would be available within 24-48 hours. I'm so pleased and relieved. Crisis averted.

My vehicle (2005 Kia Amanti) was repossessed on 6 Mar 17. I called Westlake Financial to see what I needed to do to get my vehicle. It was amazing how nice they were up till a point. Why is it that people that you have to deal with are so nasty but, get mad when they get the same treatment. Anyway I was going through a financial difficulty but needed to get my car back. So I called as stated and I was informed that, "Sure you can get your vehicle back. You have to pay this much and you can get your car back". Spoke to several people Miguel, Brady and Phillip from 9 Mar till 26 Apr 17 back and forth and off and on, me thinking that they would not sell my car until I found out they moved my car from Colonial Beach VA to Manheim, NC. That's when I started to feel that they just wanted me to pay the $1300 and not get my car because they sell it and not inform me.

On 11 Apr 17 I spoke to Bradley ** and he informed me that Brenda ** will be calling me back, the Acct.manager. No call back at all so I called again and spoke to Bradley again. I was told he was going to put a hold on the sale of my car so I can make payments to get it back. From that day, I knew it was going to be sold, never heard back from anyone. These people harass you at any time of the day and night every day of the week, but, I was trying to work things out to get my car returned so I would not have to purchase another one, that was also understood. On 25 Apr 17, I called Westlake Financial and Phillip at **, answered and informed me that Bradley was not available, to hold and he would be with me to assist me.

Phillip and I started talking, and I asked, "Was my car sold?" He paused then answered yes. "So what is the balance from the sale so I can make arrangements to pay this amount off the amount?" They claim to try to sell my car for what I owed was $1313.74. I have so many owed amounts from them ($1288.24) etc., the amount I now owe is $636.74. So Phillip says, "When can you pay that." I stated "I can send a payment on 5 May 17." What this amount includes I did not get. If you are a business you really need to give customers the total breakdown and not trying misleading them or nor should we have to ask because there is always hidden cost if you are crooked. Phillip was not nice and decides to raise his tone rude. He says, "Call me back next Friday okay." I hung up.

Then I thought about it and called Phillip back to ask for a letter from Westlake reference the payment arrangement. He say, "We don't do that." I asked, "Are you the owner?" No. "Then I will just go over your head. I need a letter to state that Westlake agrees with this payment arrangement to pay this balance, so I can have this for my records and I will talk to someone else" and I hung up.

If you sign an agreement to pay a loan of any sort why is it so hard for a company to give you a letter of agreement for your records. Not fair. So I sent an email and will send an email or send a letter in writing to the company once I investigate who the owners are and the accountants as well as their lawyers continuously because this is the way business is supposed to be done. I really did not have any complaints until this incident, but, I have read before all the other people's complaints, and I have even heard from dealers that send their clients to Westlake.

They DO NOT LIKE TO USE THEM. DON'T GET A LOAN FROM THEM. I am still waiting for this letter of agreement for the balance and as I know from talking to an attorney this is a law for me to request an agreement for my records. I have that right so I am expressing it. This a very unprofessional act and Westlake should not be allowed to tell anyone that has dealings with their company they do not give out any letters of agreements for payment arrangements when the customer has to sign a contract to pay for a car with them, same difference.

I have been with Westlake Financial for over 4 years and have paid my bill every month on time. But because I owed a $33 late payment they were going to repossess my car. FOR $33, THEY WERE GOING TO TAKE MY CAR AWAY WHEN I PAY MY BILL EVERY MONTH. The first time I am late, they filed repossession orders. On top of that even when I paid the amount they still had representatives calling me stating my account was delinquent. This company is ridiculous. There has been too many people complaining about this company. Never take a loan with this company. They do not care if you have paid your bill faithfully for years. For $30 they will threaten to take your car.

This company needs to be further investigated. Shouldn't there be a time frame before they can file repossession and a minimum amount they can take our car away for? $33 is ridiculous when the car is worth thousands and I have paid well over $10,000 to them over the years.

In Nov. 2016 I purchased my car through this company from hell. I had made payments on time every month and even sometimes ahead of time. In March of 2017, I ran into some financial issues due to changing companies and my pay dates changed as well. The rep I spoke with was very helpful and said because of my payment history, he would suggest doing a balloon payment to cover that month's payment, I was perfectly okay with that. April 2017 I make a payment of $881 to get ahead. On April 20th, I wake up to go to work at 7:30 AM and my car is missing. I'm thinking because of that large payment I made the same month, that my car was simply stolen. I went through the trouble and agony of calling the police and filing a report and all... The police told me my car was repossessed. I was FURIOUS because now, I had missed work for the first time today... They are very strict on time so now I'm without a job.

I also looked stupid in front of the responding officers. I called Westlake, and the woman on the phone told me my car was repossessed and I needed to make a payment of $981 in order to get my car back. Not including repossession fees which totaled to a whopping $1351... I definitely don't have that amount of money lying around. Which resulted in the rep telling me I need to make a payment NOW or that my car would be sent to auction between 24-48 hours. I am at a loss for words to describe the UNPROFESSIONALISM of this company. They put me and my family through the worst.

I received a phone call about two weeks ago from this stating that my account was going to transferred from AFS acceptance which was never in the contract nor was I notified of the transfer. I have been getting phone call everyday stating they are making sure my phone is working. Every time I have request to speak with a manager or a supervisor they always say I would have to call back. Really after you keep calling and harassing me. I make my car note on time, sometimes before I understand. I'm going to call Attorney General today and also I'm going to get a lawyer because people that make the payments on time shouldn't be receiving call everyday. My payments isn't even due. And also looking at the reviews you guys are rated bad.

We had a problem with my husband's paycheck at work, they sent his direct deposit to an old pay card and we had to wait for it to get straightened out. I explained this to Westlake and also told them we had never received our first paperwork. They apologized and said they would send out a copy of the paperwork and told me considering the circumstances I could pay that Friday. They then started harassing the dealership I bought the vehicle from about the payment saying they never told me I could pay Friday. The owner of the dealership told them to pull up the recording. After a day they said they found the recording and there was nothing said about holding off on the payment till Friday but would not allow us to listen to the recording. I have never had a problem with a financial loan service like this, do NOT finance through them.

If I could give 0 stars I would!! Since I purchased my vehicle it has been hell with this company. They have stated one thing could be done and then it can't. Or something could not be done, yet if it benefits the company it can now be done. This is the most unethical, horribly staffed, discourteous, deceitful, unresponsive, mismanaged company I have ever encountered. I have called several times and for my complaints and issues and NEVER can I get a hold of someone that can actually assist me or even cares to do so. Stay FAR FAR AWAY if you can. If this company is your last resort - WALK!! It will save your sanity.

I purchased my car in Sept 2016. I fell behind following the death of my brother Dec 2016 (Funeral expenses were paid Out of pocket). They offered me the option to place 2 months at the end of the loan. The requirement was for me to make an additional payment - no problem. I even asked what additional interest would be accrued so that I could be aware and cover what I could. Four months or so later, when I called in to make that month's payment I am informed that the payments were never moved and I now owed upwards of 1500. I most certainly don't have 1500 lying around. I was instructed not to make that month's payment until I had the full amount.

The next month (Aug 2016) my car is gone and OVER 2500 to get it back. This is paid Sept. 15, 2016 (over 2500). I get my things and car back TRASHED. Old cups, carryout food, cigarette butts all over. I asked them to review the calls from when I agreed to move the payments to the end of the loan and was told they could not do that.

Oct 2016 (after paying everyone back that I had borrowed from) I asked for extra time to pay Oct bill and asked if I could pay Oct/Nov together. They agreed. They stated just keep them informed if anything changed. Other bills arose and I called back and asked I could pay 1.5 months and then another 1.5 months (for Oct and half of Nov and then in Dec the remaining balance for Nov and full amount for Dec). Again, they agreed. Dec bill was paid early, Jan was paid early, Feb was paid early, AND march was paid early. Out of nowhere my car is taken. WHAT!! I called in and NO ONE could explain why. I am apologized to and told my vehicle would be expedited back to me.

Hours later I call to confirm and get an update as I am now stranded at work. I get a hold of a moderately trained, severely lacking mediocre customer service skills supervisor named Vanessa. She then stated my vehicle would be voluntarily returned and asked for the address and name of who would be there to receive it. She stated she would try to get it done within 24 hours. RIDICULOUS!!!

I called again a few hours late spoke with the same skill-lacking supervisor Vanessa and she NOW states the calls and account is being review. WHAT!! For what? She stated I missed a payment for October. As we went over the receipts - we determined THAT WAS NOT TRUE. However, if this were the case - did anyone attempt to notify me? Why were the payments not applied to the oldest month? Whose fault is that really, I make the payment and WESTLAKE applies it to the account.

Here I am thinking I am all set and ahead each month and they are talking about a late payment from 6 months ago. So if I was late with my cell phone bill in October and my services are not turned off - are they going to turn them off in March after all subsequent payments are on time NO! None of this makes sense. They screwed up and now trying to FIND a reason to make the repo valid. Not to mention I can NEVER get a hold of a MANAGER or anywhere I can make a complaint.

I had a loan with Westlake Financial and was advised that my last loan payment in would be in 11/16. I was informed that I would need to pay only late fee charges and returned check fee charge to receive my title. The rep that I spoke with never gave me a date when this amount would need to be paid as it was not going against my loan balance. For several months the company did not report this as a charge off, nor send any correspondence or make calls demanding payment. I made a payment on 3/20/17 in the amount of 396.44. This paid the remainder balance to get my title in full. On 3/22/17 I received a credit notification stating that Westlake Financial reported my account as a charge off with a balance of 396.44. This was reported after my account was paid in full. Not sure how this is possible when it was never reported prior to making my payment. Therefore I am launching a formal complaint and investigation.

My car was paid off by another car company, but Westlake took another payment out of my checking account and made it overdrawn. They tell me that it is going to be thirty days before I can get my money back. I think this is bull crap. You are so eager to take my money but very slow at returning what is not yours. You guys suck **. I will never use Westlake again for any reason.

This Westlake Financial its the worse financial any one can deal with. They steal your money and they sell you lies. If they offer you to finance with them think twice to take their loan. They are fraud people and they don't work with you as they always said. They lie to take your car and after make the payment they come with other excuses. I don't know how they still stealing from people and still working this financial. It's embarrassment for the whole??? They want to charge you even when you don't owe the amount. If you owe them 341 they charge you 1640.00. How, why don't know. They just want money and they make you go thru a lot... I don't even rate them cause it's not necessarily to rate such a worse financial...

This company is the worst. Always coming up with new excuses to take more of my money. I make my payments on time and they don't seem to report it because it hasn't helped my credit at all. It has happened a few times before already where I make my payments and somehow they "never received anything". They have caused me so much stress and so much money. Even if you continue to email, fax, or send any type of proof of payment, they will still continue to say that they have not received your payment. The exact same thing happened to my mother who is also financed with them. Again, many times we sent over proof of payment, we even had bank tellers helping us, calling the company for us and telling them it clearly showed in her bank statements we had made the payments. Supposedly they had not received any payments for her account for 3 months.

So after trying to fix the situation over and OVER, they finally somehow found the payments, BUT they never took off the late payment fees, which is something we are trying to fight now... I am tired of this company and I DO NOT recommend for anyone to Finance with them. They will make your life a living HELL. My car will be paid off by next month and I will make sure to keep every proof just in case they try to say I still owe them. But we are definitely trying to refinance my mom's car with another company.

This is the first review that i have written for a company. I have never been put in a situation like this and i am truly dumbfounded at how unprofessional this company has behaved with me. My vehicle got repossessed because I missed two payments. They did not warn me about repossession. Woke up and my car was gone. I had an agent contact me telling me that my vehicle was in auction. After balancing my finances I realized that I could not pay $1,300+ to get my car back then decided to tell them that I was going to let the vehicle go into auction because I could not make the payments and on top of that pay 1,300+ to get my car reinstated... The agent insisted on asking me PERSONAL questions to quote verbatim: "why couldn't you afford to make the payments?" "Where are you working now?" "What money can you give us now?"

I began to reply sincerely that my decision was to let the car go into auction and that I will pay off the loan. Then he began to get even more person and threaten me by telling me that I will still have to deal with them and that I am 23 and that this will affect my credit and that if I don't give them money that I will have a tough future. Long story short they somehow convinced me to reinstate the car because I had a call every single day from a DIFFERENT AGENT. Finally we came to an agreement and once they told em that it was going to be 1,300 then 2,300... then 1,3000 but he wanted me to pay right there and then and I told him that I would need a couple of days to come up with the money and the agent goes "No I'm sorry if you ain't got money then I can't help you because money talks" and continued on to say "I am going out of my way to help you when it's not my job to." The worst. EVER.

I paid the loan off. It was closed. I made a payment on my online bank app to them thinking it was my new loan company. My bank said the money wouldn't go though because it was closed out account. I called Westlake a month later. They said I didn't make a payment. Showed them proof then that said they would return the $500 dollar. Nope. Nothing. Got a lawyer to write a demand letter and 3 months later after calling so many times I just almost gave up. But now I want to make sure they pay and the more I read the reviews on this shady company. I get angry so now it's on.

I am going to make sure this doesn't happen to other people. They should not be in business. I will spend time and money doing what's right just give back the money you stole. If I didn't pay them back I wouldn't have good credit. Where's their accountability? They have none so I am reported them to the CFP and will be getting more legal. I feel this happens to so many people that we just take it and don't fight back for what's right.

I called November, December and January 24th for the same extension. Talked to 3 different reps who confidently assumed that I must be mistaken in reference to me actually signing the documents that they needed 3 TIMES. And when I called today, THEY WERE STILL ASKING ME FOR SIGNATURES and in so many words told me if I stop complaining, they could help me... HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

This company is FRAUD!! I had my car repossessed because of a missed $40 payment that I was unaware of. They did not contact me whatsoever, my address was changed and they still found the car but couldn't find me to tell me it would get repo'd if I didn't make a payment ASAP (which I would have, had I known). They took my car on a Friday morning around 3 AM, knowing you have to make an appointment with the repossession place as well as them being closed on the weekend and that following Monday due to a holiday. I was getting the runaround for hours trying to figure out how much it would cost for release. Finally was told $750 was my total and I could pay $500 to get it out and $250 at the end of my contract. So I paid $500 and had to wait HOURS for them to release my car, I called and called they kept telling me to call back later.

The repossession place stops taking appointments at 3 PM, I called Westlake at 2:30 and they told me "your car was released earlier around 1 PM". Nobody bothered to tell me that every hour I kept calling!! So I had to wait till Tuesday to get my vehicle out. When I retrieved my vehicle, the ignition wouldn't start for a split second and the check engine light went on then off. I called & complained to Westlake and they told me a manager would get back to me, NEVER DID. Next day, as I am driving on the freeway, my Dashboard went out and everything shut off but the vehicle was still running, it went back and forth for the whole car ride, then I turned off for an hour and it went back to normal. Mind you, for the year I have had my car, I have NEVER had ANY issues with it!! Westlake told me to get a lawyer & have them call or to take it up with the repossession company myself. How ridiculous is that???

I then, looked on my online account and stated my repossession fees are now $620 so I called again. NOBODY could tell me what was going on, I have spoken to at least 12 different representatives!! Still NO manager or supervisor available. Until I lied and said "I was just speaking to a manager then my call was dropped." They sent me directly to a manager!! The manager broke everything down and it all sounded like CRAP!! They told me my bill this month was nothing because I already paid it included with the $500 then the manager told me I still owe for this month. Now if I wouldn't have called and found that out, I would have had my car taken AGAIN and it would have been MY fault!!

They lacked communication with me, charged me EXTRA and also, I was told 2 times my payoff was about 2,235 then the manager told me my payoff was 2,618 and could not explain why I was told otherwise! Mind you, the car was only 8,000. I put 4,800 down to get the car and I have been paying on it for over a year!!! AND IT'S STILL THAT MUCH LEFT??? This company is janky, sneaky, unhelpful, rude and PATHETIC!! I will be paying my car off next month and they will not be getting another penny from me!!! I will NEVER do business with them EVER again!!!

I have never, ever seen my husband so stressed out in my life. This financial company is beyond ridiculous. Please, please, please do not deal with them. My husbands car got repossessed on Jan/8/17 because he was 27 days late on his payment. Next day he called in to pay what he owed. After they asked him to fax his Driver license, proof of employment, three references. He did all of that and after they did NOTHING! He asked where his car was at and they didnt know. They kept telling him that the status on his car was "PENDING".

10 Days passed with him calling in trying to get ahold of a manager but no one could get ahold of him. Customer service is no help whatsoever. Most of the people that work in that department is **! Every single day my husband kept asking questions they could never answer only to tell him that everything was still pending! Today I had to be extremely rude because I was fed up and guess what? I got the same responses which was NOTHING!

Finally today he got ahold of a manager and the Manager said the car had a release order since 2:30pm yesterday. So why didn't anyone tell him this yesterday? Why didn't they put this in the system so he could've picked it up!? So the Manager gives my husband a number to where the car was at. He called excited thinking he was going to get the car back but only to find out that the car went off to Auction today in the morning all the way out to North Carolina.

That's not all though. They told him that Westlake Financial never sent a release form for my husband to pick up the car that they sent out a release form for the car to go off to auction... So everything that they asked him to do was for nothing. He did everything he was suppose to do and for what? So we contacted the Manager again and now he's saying hes gonna contact the people in North Carolina to hold the car so my husband can pick it up.

Mind you we live in Woodbridge Va guys. This is just so unprofessional and non-caring. I just want to let everyone know you get no chances with this financial company. None whatsoever. Even if youre a few days late kiss your car goodbye cause they dont give a **! They have no heart when it comes to their customers. Even when you correct your wrong and pay everything that you owe they dont care. They don't care about you or anyone. STAY AWAY! DON'T SIGN ANYTHING WITH THEM!!!

This is the first review I have ever written in my life and I would swear on the bible on this review if you get approve for a car loan by these people leave the car on the lot. This is the most unprofessional business I've ever had to deal with in my 37 year on earth. I wish I had did my homework on Westlake Financial before signing on the line. They repo my car for being a week late. Well that's my negligence. 2 days later I paid the full balance. In order for them to release my car they wanted proof of income, 3 references, and proof of address. Fine. Next day I faxed all they ask for. It's going on 6 days after I paid and they have yet to release the car to me. Their agent don't know **. Supervisor don't know **.

This process has taken so long that they ended up sending my car to auction. Today is Jan 6 2017 and I'm still waiting for my information to be process. I thought computers were suppose to make our lives easier? 6 ** days and counting after I paid them and I'm yet to have my car release to me. They have no compassion. No empathy. It's bad business all the way thru. I'm here to say I now believe all the other negative reviews people have written here. Trust us. PLEASE STAY AWAY.

From the very first time I tried to establish a rapport with Westlake upon receiving an auto loan from them through a car dealership, they proved to be incredibly difficult to communicate with and unprofessional. Their rates are incredibly high and they are not willing to renegotiate or refinance their loans. I became disabled and unable to make full payments due to reduced income and they have no options to allow for extenuating circumstances.

I called them repeatedly to keep them abreast of my intentions to pay them back in smaller increments but each time you speak with a representative they act as if I had never spoken with them. Their agents were very rude, one of them even got into a shouting match with me after I told them I could not make a payment until a future date. They were worse than a collection agency. I do not recommend anyone for their services unless you want a very rude, unforgiving, and unprofessional lending service that will ruin your credit history.

I seen a lot of negative things about Westlake but my experience was awesome. I got an Infinity QX56 such is been paid off, never had any issues with them for the 3 yrs. Now I'm back with them and is been the same. No complaints.

Westlake Financial Company Profile