2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.02/5

Finding a loan shouldn’t be difficult.

Search and compare personalized loan offers on Fiona

Get started

Finding a loan shouldn’t be difficult.

Search and compare personalized loan offers on Fiona

Get started

Westlake Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

My car had been taken for repossession. I called because I have no clue what to do and how to get my car back. I have been lacking in communicating to them since splitting with my husband and he never informed me what was going on with the car, since he is the one who usually takes care of our car payments. However I did not receive a call about my car getting towed from my apartment parking lot. No one asked if we could remove our personal belongings like my kids' school backpacks or anything else we had in our vehicle.

I spoke with a Ryan ** & and he was so very helpful and patient with me. He explained to me what was taking place and what could happen if I did etc, etc. I made a payment of what I could afford at the time and I have confidence that Westlake Financial services will help me get my car back. Thank you Ryan for helping me out and leaving me with a lighter heart at the end of our call. Keep up the good work!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for a positive review, Stacy! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Ken, was extremely helpful and understanding of my current situation and even offered me help with changing my due date to better assist me. He was very caring to the fact that I just got out the hospital and that my father just passed away. When we was ending the call he wished me well and hoped that I'd feel better soon and that made me feel really good. This is a good company to have for your vehicle to be financially going through. They are willing to work with you as long as you communicate with them.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Frances! We have passed along your praises to Ken. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

The guy that helped me the last time that I called about my loan on my truck was really nice. Really informative and was easy to talk to. At first he didn't understand what I needed but as soon as I resaid it the right way I guess he knew exactly what I needed. Gave me the information and the advice and I was off the phone in 5 minutes with the answer that I needed. The people that you talk to are really nice but he got to watch the company.

I'm from Alabama but I moved to California and needed a truck for work. I researched them and they had low interest on loans but when it came to my loan they charged me outrageous percentage before I actually even knew. But it was because at the car dealership he didn't tell me exactly what the percentage was. After already signing the contract waiting a day or so to get it on email I look and find out that with percentages and it was too late. I already had all the paperwork signs and had agreed to that percentage. But luckily I've been paying it doubles and triples and I'm getting rid of the loan next month. So I guess that I should thank Westlake for allowing me to have my loan when nobody in California would because I wasn't from here.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Well up until today our experience has been horrible!! We got our vehicle towed on Monday. Made the payment needed to get it released on Friday and still as of today we still don’t have our vehicle in our possession. Since Friday we have spoken with several different reps on the phone all of which who had a different story about our account. We have been lied to by several reps that stated the payment hasn’t been made or received or that release has or has not been sent. When asked to speak to a supervisor we were told there were none to call back.

We have been on the phone all day everyday since Friday with reps hanging up on us, lying to us, and just all around being rude to us with absolutely no help until today at 216pm. We called Westlake Financial back for the millionth time today because American Recovery said they still had not received our release of vehicle when told all day today that it was sent. A very nice respectful and very helpful young lady named Nebresia (hopefully spelled correct) answered the call. We told her the situation about what had been going on since Friday. She looked our acct seen the problem immediately and got her supervisor on it immediately.

She also made notes as to what we went through since Friday and even though she wasn’t the many reps who put us through pure hell since Friday she apologized for the many mistakes that was made by her coworkers... Although I’m sure she heard the aggravation in my voice she never once came out of character like the other reps and kept it professional and you my friend deserve a gold medal for that. So while I am very very pleased with her I am very displeased with the Many reps we spoke to since Friday and you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Thank you for your comments about Nebresia. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I called Westlake Financial, and I spoke to Luis, I wanted to set up a payment arrangement so Bonnie would not be up for repossession, we were 2 months behind, because my dad passed away. He gave me his condolences and said sorry for my loss. I appreciate that so much! Luis was beyond helpful and super sweet! He asked if I can make a payment of $50 so I could possibly get a exception extension. When I was looking for my card he said take your time, most agents would be in a rush. The card went through, thank goodness for that. Luis was very sweet and happy to help me. I wish other agents at Westlake Financial were like him. A lot of the agents would claim they wanted to help but I do not believe that is true. Luis was amazing and has put my mind at ease. I appreciate him so much, he provided fabulous customer service! He’s amazing and the best.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Trineka! We have passed along your praises to Luis. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

My agent was very understanding as far as what I needed to have done as far as making a payment. We all know at this time everyone is having a hard time with our obligations. Thank you agent Christal for your help.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Emogene! We have passed along your praises to Cristal. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I purchased a vehicle Westlake approved us for then did not honor the loan. We went with a different bank thinking we dodged a bullet after reading all the complaints on BBB website. We titled our vehicle thinking we are all good. Nope, Westlake put a lien on our vehicle when they have no legal claim to it. They will not provide me with a release of lien letter as they do not have records of our application from June. State will also accept a Affidavit of Non-Interest but alas, the people I spoke to including the supervisors do not even know what that is and are at loss with what to do. I cannot title my vehicle and they cannot even help with one simple letter. I just keep getting sent around in circles or just hung up on. Worst service ever. More than likely will have to solve legally as this company refuses to fix their own mistakes!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I cannot believe how much of a hassle this company is! Our first car payment was last week Friday! We had the money in the account waiting and waiting to be deducted! Which it wouldn’t deduct so we tried ourself to pay manually, it still didn’t deduct the money. So we just kept that account with money so that it could take out whenever it was ready. Even called the car place to let them know and screen recorded us trying to do it! Now today these people sends an email claiming we didn’t pay for the car payment and wants to charge us $20 fee for it? Are they crazy? I tried calling customer service 4 times! They answered and I someone in the background is clearly speaking and the person then hangs up. So disrespectful and unprofessional!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Ms. ** is the only lady I will deal with after my wife was told she would be arrested for GTA. Ms. ** took care of the problem by being a awesome lady. My wife has a brain injury class#4, they said can not work, has hard time talking and the gentleman who treated her like crap. She helped take away the problem. She is just awesome. She checks on my wife every time we talk and is always polite and sincere from the heart. She is a one of a kind in our book. Ms. ** Thank you so much...

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Brett. If you ever have any questions about your account, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Do not work with these guys. They are rude. Have no sense of humor on customer service, extra interest rate deducted from the monthly payment, this company was suggested to me by the auto dealer that I got my car from so I made a deal with them. But they never told me about the additional hidden interest rate change that they apply to your monthly payment on a daily basis without your permission and without informing you about it, I pay $246 monthly but more than 50% of it is cut out as Interest, I'm having to pay double the amount of what I signed up for, by the time I'll be done with the pay off amount I'll be paying double the worth of my car.

And yet they don't want to help. Instead they'll try to talk you out of it, I called them 4 times. Each time I explained the problem they seem to ask you to stay on hold then hang up on you, completely a fraud robbers. They need to get shut down, talking money out of peoples pockets. You guys should be ashamed of yourself!!

Westlake Financial Company Information