2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.81/5

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Westlake Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I did have a little trouble with their app although it was relatively easy to set up as well as navigate. I also had some trouble with setting up ACH payments. Not the greatest customer service on my first issue with Westlake Financial. However when clearing it up I did receive excellent customer service as well as pertinent information. Fingers crossed I do not have to go through the same issue. However if I do I hope I get the same care and help as I did my second time around. Again thank you Juan M. **. *NOTE* I am a fairly new customer but look forward to continuing my business with Westlake Financial.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with Westlake Financial, Xyntrice. We value all of our customer’s feedback. We are glad we were able to help you and provide you with a positive experience! If you ever have any questions about your account, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

My car had been taken for repossession. I called because I have no clue what to do and how to get my car back. I have been lacking in communicating to them since splitting with my husband and he never informed me what was going on with the car, since he is the one who usually takes care of our car payments. However I did not receive a call about my car getting towed from my apartment parking lot. No one asked if we could remove our personal belongings like my kids' school backpacks or anything else we had in our vehicle.

I spoke with a Ryan ** & and he was so very helpful and patient with me. He explained to me what was taking place and what could happen if I did etc, etc. I made a payment of what I could afford at the time and I have confidence that Westlake Financial services will help me get my car back. Thank you Ryan for helping me out and leaving me with a lighter heart at the end of our call. Keep up the good work!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for a positive review, Stacy! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2020

Called customer service on 06/06/2020 A Mr. Edwardo ** answered. He was very helpful to help me with my problem. I was having on my account billing for 06/06/2020 ACH billing payment withdrawal? I needed to pay a $5.56 gap ins: payment but your ACH payment center wanted to charge a $5.00 Fee for payment with my debt card to make the payment? If the payment was not added to my account correctly by gap ins: agent when I requested it & agreeded to it on my account? Why do I have to pay a fee! to make payment? When agent didn't do correctly the first time on my account!!! The correct amount is $361.08 for 06/06/2020: but ACH only did $355.52: did not include gap ins: of $5.56 on it?

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review David! We have passed along your praises to Edwardo. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: March 10, 2020

LUIS ** has changed my ENTIRE perception of Westlake Financial. He was patient and empathetic to my situation, he took time to explain certain terms of my contact in detail and even assisted me with a plan to get back on track. (I had been trying to get my account on track and I called several times for a due date change upon making a payment. Every time I called I was told "you don't qualify for a due date change, it's in your contract" but no one would elaborate, upon other issues.) Luis was stern, but professional and I didn't mind giving him my payment and setting up another. Luis is definitely an asset to the company. I wish I could speak with him every time. Keep up the Great Work Luis!! While I am grateful for the loan I do believe the customer service could be better. Luis is the reason I'm giving 5 stars!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Christina! We have passed along your praises to Luis. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Ken, was extremely helpful and understanding of my current situation and even offered me help with changing my due date to better assist me. He was very caring to the fact that I just got out the hospital and that my father just passed away. When we was ending the call he wished me well and hoped that I'd feel better soon and that made me feel really good. This is a good company to have for your vehicle to be financially going through. They are willing to work with you as long as you communicate with them.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Frances! We have passed along your praises to Ken. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Every time I call they have been helpful. Never had an issue at all. I did have a few employees hang up but I called back and got someone else. They also have been helpful. Yes I do recommend Westlake. Top notch.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Westlake Financial has been instrumental in assisting my husband and I with our automobile financing needs, I want to give Hugo and Garland special thanks for their professional, friendly, and timely service!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Vinston and Kimberly! We have passed along your praises to Hugo and Garland. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

My account payoff balance is never correct and I consistently pay more than required. When I asked for an itemized account of my payments, I was refused. Customer service had no reason, just no. Never again.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Kathleen, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Please contact us at WestlakeCustomerCare@Westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I previously purchased a vehicle with another finance company and had my loan moved to Westlake. From the day it was moved in August, it has been nothing but professional service. First, I never received any information from Westlake regarding the change although my previous finance company said they would be contacting me so I had to research them to find out what was going on. I then received a letter stating I needed to provide my insurance information because their system showed my insurance had lapsed. I have never had an insurance lapse in my life.

When I called to speak with someone they said this is the customary letter we send to everyone even if it is incorrect so that we can ensure the vehicle is insured. Second, I had paid my car payment so I was 6 months ahead and wanted to ensure that was reflected within their system. When speaking to a representative they said they could not provide me any information until the month that I would possibly owe a payment because their system doesnt update. Third, since August I have had no updates to my credit report. I have called 8 times and every time I am told they will send an email to "someone" who will take care of it.

The last time I called I spoke to one person who gave me the same run around so I asked to speak to a supervisor. She told me to hold and hung up. I called back and the representative told me it takes 90 days to update the credit bureaus which is something I had never heard so I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was put on the phone with Maria ** who could not answer any questions and told me there was no-one I could speak to higher than her because they dont have phones. I have never had an experience with a company so unprofessional in my life! If it wasnt for the fact that I am in the process of buying a house I would change finance companies but I dont want to take a hard inquiry.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for your feedback Anthony. We’re sorry you had a negative customer experience with us. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we would like to investigate the reason for this further. Please contact us at WestlakeCustomerCare@Westlakefinancial.com so we can follow up with you personally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Worst experience ever. I got my car from Carite in Windsor Locks in September. They set me up with Westlake Financial for my loan and I regret not researching them beforehand. On November 20th, my car was rear ended when I hit my breaks to not hit a deer on the highway and my car was sent spiraling out into the opposite lane facing traffic and caught by a wired guard rail over a ditch. The car was completely totaled. On the 27th, a week later, my insurance reached out to Westlake with a settlement offer. They did not respond to my insurance until over a week later, on the day my interest grew putting my payoff quote over what Geico was offering.

My insurance then adjusted my pay off settlement to accommodate their request and sent payment on the 9th of December, 4 days ago. Yesterday I was contacted by Westlake in a very threatening manner demanding I make my car payment today on the due date. Again, I explained what happened and said my loan was paid off so I’m released from my debt. They said my insurance never contacted them at all and they had no proof my car was a total loss. Which is completely false because my insurance has provided me with ample proof they made contact and sent me proof they paid them. They then threatened to repossess my vehicle (good luck it’s in a junk yard and I no longer own it).

Every customer service representative I’ve spoke to was rude, arrogant and completely heartless. When I tell them my frustrations they act confused and then offer me a new car loan, which I not only do not need but also would NEVER use them again. Not once have I been offered condolence for my accident. I paid them early for every payment I was owed and more than the amount that was due. They are thieves. Their only concern is getting as much money as they can, even if they illegally do so. I’ve worked hard to establish good credit and they are now putting me in a position of that being compromised when they were paid off for my loan and I was a good customer.

I do not deserve this treatment. I’ve now had to seek legal counsel to pursue a lawsuit against them because there’s no hope with communicating with them directly. I hope my story serves the purpose of helping someone in a position similar to mine, avoid being scammed by them like I have been. This past month has been a nightmare thanks to Westlake.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for providing your feedback to Westlake Financial Services, Amanda, we endeavor to respond to all requests, in writing, within 10 business days. There may be issues and/or events which may require a longer response time.

Westlake Financial Company Information