2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.48/5

Westlake Financial Reviews

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Ken, was extremely helpful and understanding of my current situation and even offered me help with changing my due date to better assist me. He was very caring to the fact that I just got out the hospital and that my father just passed away. When we was ending the call he wished me well and hoped that I'd feel better soon and that made me feel really good. This is a good company to have for your vehicle to be financially going through. They are willing to work with you as long as you communicate with them.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Frances! We have passed along your praises to Ken. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

The guy that helped me the last time that I called about my loan on my truck was really nice. Really informative and was easy to talk to. At first he didn't understand what I needed but as soon as I resaid it the right way I guess he knew exactly what I needed. Gave me the information and the advice and I was off the phone in 5 minutes with the answer that I needed. The people that you talk to are really nice but he got to watch the company.

I'm from Alabama but I moved to California and needed a truck for work. I researched them and they had low interest on loans but when it came to my loan they charged me outrageous percentage before I actually even knew. But it was because at the car dealership he didn't tell me exactly what the percentage was. After already signing the contract waiting a day or so to get it on email I look and find out that with percentages and it was too late. I already had all the paperwork signs and had agreed to that percentage. But luckily I've been paying it doubles and triples and I'm getting rid of the loan next month. So I guess that I should thank Westlake for allowing me to have my loan when nobody in California would because I wasn't from here.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Well up until today our experience has been horrible!! We got our vehicle towed on Monday. Made the payment needed to get it released on Friday and still as of today we still don’t have our vehicle in our possession. Since Friday we have spoken with several different reps on the phone all of which who had a different story about our account. We have been lied to by several reps that stated the payment hasn’t been made or received or that release has or has not been sent. When asked to speak to a supervisor we were told there were none to call back.

We have been on the phone all day everyday since Friday with reps hanging up on us, lying to us, and just all around being rude to us with absolutely no help until today at 216pm. We called Westlake Financial back for the millionth time today because American Recovery said they still had not received our release of vehicle when told all day today that it was sent. A very nice respectful and very helpful young lady named Nebresia (hopefully spelled correct) answered the call. We told her the situation about what had been going on since Friday. She looked our acct seen the problem immediately and got her supervisor on it immediately.

She also made notes as to what we went through since Friday and even though she wasn’t the many reps who put us through pure hell since Friday she apologized for the many mistakes that was made by her coworkers... Although I’m sure she heard the aggravation in my voice she never once came out of character like the other reps and kept it professional and you my friend deserve a gold medal for that. So while I am very very pleased with her I am very displeased with the Many reps we spoke to since Friday and you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Thank you for your comments about Nebresia. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

My husband & I have a car loan that is now being handled by Westlake Portfolio Management due to the other loan company we had going out of business. Our car was repossessed & we've been doing our best to get our car back. I've been working with Lajuan ** also known as LaLa. She has been awesome. She's gone above & beyond any customer service experience I've had before. Technically she's not even the one I need to deal with, yet she has continued to help me every step of the way. We've now gotten our car paid & are just waiting to be able to go pick it up. I can't thank Lajuan (LaLa) enough for all the help she gave me. This was a difficult time for us & she was always pleasant to speak with & never made me feel bad during this situation. I can never thank her enough for all of her help! Please be sure to pass on my thanks again to her. She is AWESOME!!!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for such a great review Christy-Ann! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. We will also make sure that LaLa receives the recognition she deserves. She will be really happy to see your review. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Westlake Financial has always been good to me. Every time I have spoken with them over the past two years with my vehicle loan, they have always been nice, professional and very willing to help me if I was behind. They are there for you to help in any way possible. I am grateful for Westlake Financial for they gave me the chance to rebuild my credit.

Today I had the pleasure of speaking to Jose **. What a wonderful customer service rep. He was very kind, easy to talk to, respectful and even had me laughing at one point. He helped me and answered my questions! This gentleman was so awesome he deserves a promotion and a raise! I wish all customer service reps could be as wonderful as him. I highly recommend Westlake Financial for your auto loan needs for they honestly care about their customers! Thank you again, Westlake Financial and Jose **! Sincerely, Carol **

Westlake Financial response

Hi Carol. Thank you so much for your positive review! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience. We value our customers and appreciate the feedback.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Original review: May 20, 2020

During the pandemic they made up a new rule in April that they were not able to help their customers with deferred payment and I think it was unfair. Been with them 3 years and never been late on a payment. Thanks for the help. Would not recommend anyone.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Terry, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Please contact us at WestlakeCustomerCare@Westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I called them a month in advance to assist me with moving one payment to the back of the loan in case I needed to. They basically told me to call back and it would be possible to move 2 or 3 payments to the end of the loan due to the world pandemic of civic 19, so I called a day before my due date and they basically told me, "Oh no we’re not providing any assistance and if you don’t make your payment they will repossess the car!" I asked to no avail, "Then why not just tell your customers that from the start", then the rep said, "Oh we just implemented this policy 3 weeks ago!" "Oh fine. Then why not call or email and notify your customers?" Let’s just say I am refinancing with someone else????

Westlake Financial response

Hi AAron, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Please contact us at WestlakeCustomerCare@Westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you.

Original review: May 20, 2020

The absolute worst financial company you can deal with even with all this COVID-19 and people losing their jobs they still do not care about their customers. I had to look into refinancing my car with a different company because this company is so Incapable of giving good service. And with all the complaints I read on their website all they do is say we’re sorry about the bad service we would like to know more about it here’s an email address and nothing comes about that. Don’t waste your time with this company. Watch Their response is going to be "We would like to know more about your situation. Sorry about it. Here’s an email to contact us.." Lol this company is the worst..

Westlake Financial response

Hi Nicholas. We are very sorry to hear that your concerns were not addressed and would love the opportunity to help. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at WestlakeCustomerCare@Westlakefinancial.com, so that we may gather more information to help us resolve this for you.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I had a situation where duplicate payments went towards my May installment. Eliza was sympathetic to my situation and explained my options. She could not help me with a refund but she helped me as much as she could.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Mary! Thank you for your comments about Eliza. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service, and we love when our employees get recognition for it. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at WestlakeCustomerCare@Westlakefinancial.com

Original review: May 19, 2020

Terrible company. Please go somewhere else to get a loan. Lies, after lies, after lies. So untrustworthy, it has been nothing but a nightmare. I have brought plenty of cars and had some incredible experiences from financial companies but this is the first bad experience I have had. They are like scammers. Somehow, they feel they have to lie, cheat and steal to get customers. Please go with a reputable company like FORD, GM, CHRYSLER, CHEVY, HONDA, someone who knows how to conduct business HONESTLY with no hidden agenda.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Bernadette. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at WestlakeCustomerCare@Westlakefinancial.com

Westlake Financial Company Information