3.51/5

Looking for a loan company?

Westlake Financial

Looking for a loan company?

Westlake Financial Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

My husband & I have a car loan that is now being handled by Westlake Portfolio Management due to the other loan company we had going out of business. Our car was repossessed & we've been doing our best to get our car back. I've been working with Lajuan ** also known as LaLa. She has been awesome. She's gone above & beyond any customer service experience I've had before. Technically she's not even the one I need to deal with, yet she has continued to help me every step of the way. We've now gotten our car paid & are just waiting to be able to go pick it up. I can't thank Lajuan (LaLa) enough for all the help she gave me. This was a difficult time for us & she was always pleasant to speak with & never made me feel bad during this situation. I can never thank her enough for all of her help! Please be sure to pass on my thanks again to her. She is AWESOME!!!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for such a great review Christy-Ann! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. We will also make sure that LaLa receives the recognition she deserves. She will be really happy to see your review. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Westlake Financial has always been good to me. Every time I have spoken with them over the past two years with my vehicle loan, they have always been nice, professional and very willing to help me if I was behind. They are there for you to help in any way possible. I am grateful for Westlake Financial for they gave me the chance to rebuild my credit.

Today I had the pleasure of speaking to Jose **. What a wonderful customer service rep. He was very kind, easy to talk to, respectful and even had me laughing at one point. He helped me and answered my questions! This gentleman was so awesome he deserves a promotion and a raise! I wish all customer service reps could be as wonderful as him. I highly recommend Westlake Financial for your auto loan needs for they honestly care about their customers! Thank you again, Westlake Financial and Jose **! Sincerely, Carol **

Westlake Financial response

Hi Carol. Thank you so much for your positive review! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience. We value our customers and appreciate the feedback.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I made a call into Westlake Financial to make a car payment. The first rep I spoke w/ said that, she couldn't hear me which wasn't a problem since I know I have a very soft low voice. So I spoke up to make it easier for the young lady to complete my call. After asking a few questions she began to talk w/ an unsettle voice which made me want to transfer the remainder of my phone call to a more professional rep. This is when I was transferred to Sergio, who was a lot more calm & had the patience for the volume of my voice. His customer service was excellent as he even had the opportunity to share a few things w/ me about my account I would have never known. I'm very grateful for wonderful reps who take pride in making sure they put their best effort in each & every call to ensure the customers' needs are taken care of. Thank you again Sergio.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Kimberly! Thank you for your comments about Sergio. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have had minimal problems with Westlake, other than their representatives never knowing what is going on and having to call multiple times to fix an issue. Not ideal customer service but pretty typical of loan sharks. However, today I spoke with Erik **. I was dealing with a NSF fee that was unnecessary and this was my second call to try and take care of it. Originally I was told the fee would fall off and to not worry about it. I called back today because it has been a month and we are getting calls to ask how we want to pay our accruing fees. I called and Erik helped with the account. He dealt with every question effectively and gave me his name at the end so I can speak to him personally should something go wrong after today. Very good service.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake! Thank you for your comments about Erik. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Spoke with many agents. As you can see I called 10x today. No one seemed to want to help or actually care about my current situation, but then I spoke with Cassandra ** and what can I say? Spoke with me on the phone, guided me through everything with patience, didn’t leave me on hold for more than 10 minutes, helped me out with everything I needed, and she was more than happy to listen to my frustration and get me the help I need to get my situation taken care of. CASSANDRA ** BEST AGENT IN WESTLAKE FINANCIAL. I give her my VOTE for best customer service.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake, Melissa. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. We have passed along your praises to Cassandra. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Anthony ** is the best. He above and beyond to help me. I experienced possibly the very best customer service of all time and was very helpful. He was willing to work with me and helping to get back on track.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I called on November 8, 2018, the young lady that I talked to gave what I needed to know and ever heard before about late fees and other related matters. It was I was like I was talking to a counselor. She patiently explained to me how can break it down so at the end I won't to worry about late fees payments. She was excellent, professional and friendly.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I received a phone call this morning from Westlake Financial. They told me they had great news for me. Me going through financial difficulties at the moment could use some great news, Garland offered me a great workout deal for my vehicle with no pressure or pain. I really appreciated the call and it also put my mind at ease. Garland you are the Best and I look forward to working with you in the near future. My man Garland at Westlake financial???

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I have total clarity after speaking with this rep. I was totally confused and now that I spoke with her, she is an expert at what she does, very compassionate and patient with what believe, all customers that she encounters.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Luis ** is aaaamazing! This gentleman not only goes out of his way to empathize with his customers but he makes sure his customers are helped. Thanks Luis! We all go through tough times and Westlake is a company that definitely works with you!

Westlake Financial Company Information