2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.77/5

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Westlake Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Original review: April 4, 2021

I had the pleasure (And it's not the first time. I wish I could recall the woman I spoke with the time before this one...) of talking with Christopher ** today. He had some bad news for me. I explained to him my dilemma and, I assume he was in contact with his supervisor at the time (whom I'd also like to thank) he listened, asked how I was doing now and we came to an arrangement that I'm happy with and I hope they are as well.

This company has been nothing but cooperative and helpful and the fact that I am not dealing with an automated system makes it that much better. I hope (but think that I'm wishful thinking) that I can do business with them again, someday. Sometimes life takes a huge swing at us and when it connects, it can really knock one down. It connected with me, not just once, but twice in less than a year's time and I got behind, but I'm back up and running and feeling better than ever and I pray that's considered. If not, thank you for doing what you do.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

When I called I had been having multiple problems with my newest car loan to establish my new account to pay online. When ready to pay my first payment in December I could set up my new account because their data input person had entered my social security number incorrectly. So, my dealership resent the paperwork to Westlake again to correct. Then when attempting to register my new account for online payment again it would not go thru because it was still not corrected. I called in numerous times and was told to try again So, I tried again and still could not establish my account.

This time it noted that I already had an account using that email address so I called today and told Igie of my problem. He told me to go into my account for the other car and click on the "Add Account." So, I told him that no one else offered this instruction because he listened to me and he knew his business. The CEOs need to go to Igie and have him teach other Customer Service people how to truly assist a client. At this time I admitted to him that I was considering going to another loan company or my bank to take over this new car loan.

Two of my calls spoke Spanish as their primary language so when they spoke English they spoke fast. I told one guy that, "I'm from Texas and I don't hear that fast. Please speak slowly." He continued speaking fast so I was having to ask him to repeat more slowly. Igie spoke very clearly.. We only had a couple of times when the phone line was cutting out so he repeated for me. So overall, I had a 5 star rated service given by Igie. When I spoke with Romanine in an earlier conversation she was very pleasant to work with. So, 4 calls were not good service quality.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for such a great review Jimianne! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. We will also make sure that Igie receives the recognition he deserves. He will be really happy to see your review. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I did have a little trouble with their app although it was relatively easy to set up as well as navigate. I also had some trouble with setting up ACH payments. Not the greatest customer service on my first issue with Westlake Financial. However when clearing it up I did receive excellent customer service as well as pertinent information. Fingers crossed I do not have to go through the same issue. However if I do I hope I get the same care and help as I did my second time around. Again thank you Juan M. **. *NOTE* I am a fairly new customer but look forward to continuing my business with Westlake Financial.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with Westlake Financial, Xyntrice. We value all of our customer’s feedback. We are glad we were able to help you and provide you with a positive experience! If you ever have any questions about your account, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

My car had been taken for repossession. I called because I have no clue what to do and how to get my car back. I have been lacking in communicating to them since splitting with my husband and he never informed me what was going on with the car, since he is the one who usually takes care of our car payments. However I did not receive a call about my car getting towed from my apartment parking lot. No one asked if we could remove our personal belongings like my kids' school backpacks or anything else we had in our vehicle.

I spoke with a Ryan ** & and he was so very helpful and patient with me. He explained to me what was taking place and what could happen if I did etc, etc. I made a payment of what I could afford at the time and I have confidence that Westlake Financial services will help me get my car back. Thank you Ryan for helping me out and leaving me with a lighter heart at the end of our call. Keep up the good work!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for a positive review, Stacy! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Original review: June 6, 2020

Called customer service on 06/06/2020 A Mr. Edwardo ** answered. He was very helpful to help me with my problem. I was having on my account billing for 06/06/2020 ACH billing payment withdrawal? I needed to pay a $5.56 gap ins: payment but your ACH payment center wanted to charge a $5.00 Fee for payment with my debt card to make the payment? If the payment was not added to my account correctly by gap ins: agent when I requested it & agreeded to it on my account? Why do I have to pay a fee! to make payment? When agent didn't do correctly the first time on my account!!! The correct amount is $361.08 for 06/06/2020: but ACH only did $355.52: did not include gap ins: of $5.56 on it?

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review David! We have passed along your praises to Edwardo. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I received a call from a CSR about the last payment of my car, I usually make 365 and the last payment was over 800, which surprised me, I have made a payment of 400 and promise to make the rest very soon since it was a slap. I receive a call from a CSR, very rude and disrespectful, who doesn't listen to customer, insult, and threatening me because I was not able to provide him and exact date of when I will the last payment. Never experienced a such of bad quality customer service from this company ever, this CSR changed my point of view with the company.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Medi, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Please contact us at WestlakeCustomerCare@Westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Garland was super friendly, knowledgeable and got right to work for me. Felt comfortable the whole time. We need more loan officers and employees like Garland in the world. Only reason I’d return is service like that.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Doug! We have passed along your praises to Garland. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: March 19, 2021

This was my first experience with Westlake Financial customer service and Jade was extremely proficient and went above and beyond to help me as well as providing knowledgeable advice to access my account in the future!! Very much appreciated!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Christina! We have passed along your praises to Jade. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: March 17, 2021

I called in to resolve a dispute that had continued for several years. Solomon ** was knowledgeable, compassionate and offered the best solution to the issue. I was extremely pleased. He took out time to explain the pros and cons of each option open to me.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Jakgeem! We have passed along your praises to Solomon. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: March 16, 2021

Westlake Financial is the Best institution I’ve ever had interaction with. Professional, courteous and helpful are the words I use to describe my experience with westlake financial, Every customer service experience has been great! But Dan was the Best!!!

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Janice! Thank you for your comments about Dan. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service, and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Westlake Financial Company Information