Westlake Financial

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Well, I'm not even done with the basic part yet, and already dont like the unprofessionalism with this company (WESTLAKE FINANCIAL). How does 2 CSR's call you at the same time, but there is supposed to be one generated folder... and the CSR that I'm on the phone with says "don't answer it", instead of "let me inform the others that I have the client on the phone." Not only that incident they are calling me to complete a phone interview and the first guy doesn't even fill out the forms. So now the whole office is taking turns calling me but lying saying they couldn't reach me on the phone when I already completed an interview. The dealership (NJ USED CAR CENTER) on Lyons Ave in Irvington. The manager pressures his worker to close this deal or go pick the car up. Research these POP UP FINANCIAL BANKS. THEY ARE THIRSTY LIKE THE REST OF THEM. Like the other reviews they just might be scammers together.

This has been the worst experience of my life!! I have never ever write a review about anything, but this company uff! This company should be illegal or shut down. I got a 2004 Nissan Murano, and the lending bank was Westlake financial. First I gave a down payment of $5k for a loan of $10,464.94. First bill had a balance of $10,121.50 which idk where the rest of the money went. I had pay every month since 2013 the amount of $350.00 without missing a payment. At the beginning of this year I paid $6,000.00 toward the payoff amount since I really want to finish this loan and get away from Westlake forever. At the time I paid the $6k my payoff balance was $996.00. After that they repo my car, end up paying $1,121.00 to get my car back (plus $50 to the towing company, plus $28.00 to DMV cause they destroy my plates). I enter into an agreement extension with them because supposedly my contract expire.

Now I only had two payment left to make each of $350.00 equal $700.00. This happen 11/09/16, now is 11/29/16 and she said my account is 48 days past due and I have late fees of $48, other fees of $300 plus the $700.00. I also really do not understand how they let people be so rude, with really bad attitude work as customer service. I explain to the guy that I just finish paying $1,121.00 on the 9th of this month, how is possible to have late payment? His answer was, "If you pay your bill that would not be a questions you would be asking." I wish I would have all this money and pay it all just for me not have to deal with this bank ever again. I honestly don't let them keep the car, just because I already have put so much money into this car, more than what the loan originally was. If someone could read this before signing anything with this bank please do not do it, you will regret it so much. I wish I had read all this bad review.

When inputting my bank information I accidently put in wrong numbers so it came back with insufficient funds (I had plenty of money in there). They charged me $20 for insufficient funds so I tried again and it went through correctly. When I called to explain to them what happened they said that yes they will charge me for insufficient funds even though it was a mistake and they still got their money way ahead of time. Will not take another loan through them again!

I purchased a loan with Westlake Financial, because I wanted to build my credit to which was nonexistent. Everything is going well until I was informed that I was not getting credit for payment. I was told to provide proof of license and social security card. Several months later and many calls to my the credit bureaus and nothing changed. If my credit was bad from the start why was I not told to provide info before? They can't file because of some discrepancy issues. Credit agency told me nothing should hold them back file my payments in the system. I need financing help.

I have had an account with Westlake for the past 6 months. Initially, I thought most of the reviews to just be upset customers that did not follow the rules. Now I know differently. My payments have always been more than what is due and comes out of my bank account on the last paycheck of every month, my payment is not due until the 4th of the every month. On October 30th they withdrew not 1, but 2 car payments. I contacted them immediately and was assured the money would be back into my account within 5 business days. I am sitting on the 7th business day, my money has not been refunded, and the customer service manager decided to hang up on me instead of dealing with the problem. They are all liars - seem to be trained specifically to lie to customers.

Every single day I get told they are emailing me proof of the refund, which they have not provided to me whatsoever. As of this point all I keep getting told is that it will be in my account tomorrow. Every single day it keeps getting pushed out. THIS IS FRAUD! Stealing money from good paying customers is not the way to run a reputable establishment, something these people have no clue how to do. I have had to get my bank involved and my next step is a lawyer. Stay away from this horrid company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

To make a long story short, I was 17 days late with my payment. I made one payment on a Friday and the other on a Sunday. Today I realized that neither payment had come out of my checking account. I went online and saw that there was a $20 charge for insufficient funds. Knowing that it had to be a mistake I called them. When I spoke to the representative, the woman said that I had left out one digit from my checking account number, they couldn't locate the checking account and that is why I got the fee. I asked if they could waive the fee this one time and she said no. To top it all off I was told that because of me missing one digit from my checking account number, I will not be allowed to make payments using my checking account for 3 months. They will only accept my debit card payments, but with a $5 processing fee... All of this for one missing digit in my checking account number!!! I spoke to a manager and she was no help...

I am a used car dealer, and all the time that we close a deal with WESTLAKE, they cut the funding from $500 to $1000. They said one number when we are doing the deal and when we get our check always is short. Really bad company, DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM...

They never bothered me, I always paid on time and never had any issues. But when I lost my job I fell behind 2 payments which when I did get a new job called and had my payments deferred and would pay the upcoming month. But a day later the repo man knocks on my door saying he was taking my car. Pissed as hell I called Westlake about 100 times unable to get through. Finally at 4 pm I hear their whole system is down!!! I can't get through by phone or online!!! So I'm wondering why in the ** they took my car #1 and #2 if the system crashing voided my deferred payments!

Either way I'm so livid that I have to wait till Monday!!! (They took my car Friday right before I was going to work.) To scream at these people about this **, drive 2 cities and spend $200 in repo fees to get my car back that should not have even been taken! NEVER will I use this company again for any loan and I would advise you to not get a loan through them and if you already have one seriously think about refinancing because they are so scummy and sheisty that I will be looking into suing this company for all the ** I was just put through!

I got a loan through this company 3 years ago. Thinking I should be close to paid off I check and see I've made every payment on time and I've paid almost 9000.00. The loan was for 8075.00 at 23.24 percent interest which is high but at the time my credit wasn't the best so I took it. They're saying I still owe almost 4000.00 which doing the math would be almost 50 percent interest. INSANE... Then when I called their customer service the woman I spoke with was very rude. Said my loan was for 14000.00 and everything is in order.

I have my contract that my loan was for 8075.00 but when I insisted there is something wrong, she hung up on me. These people are criminals and should not be in business. After doing a little research Westlake Financial was involved in a lawsuit just last year for over 40 million for scamming their customers. This is my first car purchase and I've been scammed. Do not finance through this company of criminals. You will regret it.

I purchased a car through Westlake Financial a little over a year ago. They have harassed me ever since. If you are a day late on your payment, they stop access to paying online and you are forced to call them. They are bullies on the phone and bullies on their practices. I called to make a payment with them and they asked for my address, work information, and contact numbers. When they read the contact numbers to me, they read back my grandmother's number, my boyfriend's number, and my bank's number. They also read back my boyfriend's parent's address. I never gave them access to any of this information! My grandmother is 86 years old! 86! I don't know how they got her number but I am pretty sure that is illegal as I have never used her number for anything and never lived with her.

I was outraged and told them to take all of this information off file and that I don't understand how they even had access to that information. They said okay. They never stopped. My boyfriend had to block them. His parents still receive information in the mail. My boyfriend was told that he may not be able to reenlist for security reasons because they contacted them. I am in tears and don't know what to do or how many more lives they will ruin. I only have 8 months to go on my payments, but am terrified the harassment will just be too much. They call me three times every single day. I don't know what else to do. I wish I had read these reviews beforehand. Please do not finance with them. I am almost pleading with you all. There are better options out there, even low credit and no credit.

I've been a customer with them for almost a year now and to this day they have not gotten my social security number right on the account. Even after sending them copies over and over and over again. They admit that they receive them, but they have not updated the account to reflect my social security number instead of somebody else's. This means that whoever owns that social security number is getting credit for my payments on my account. Thankfully, whoever is getting the credit for my payment is getting good credit. What if somebody else was not making the payments in a timely manner?

They are assisting in identity theft and fraud and they refuse to change it in their system. I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau, but I don't know what else to do. This is a very dangerous practice and they should be shut down. Both my social security number and my driver's license number we provided the day I took out the loan and appear on the contract, yet they keep asking for them over and over and over again and refused to update their system.

If anyone is considering doing any type of serious adult business, trust me it's not worth it. I do understand some have bad credit, trying to repair it like myself, so we need companies like Westlake. They are extremely unprofessional, will blatantly lie, and take money from your bank account, blame others for their shady business practices. All this happen to me. For a year things went fine on my car loan, deducting weekly payments directly from my employer and direct deposit. If it's 4 weeks in a month round $120, 5 weeks round $100. After reading reviews I felt lucky that everything went well for the first year. Then recently Westlake decided to deduct 364.40 from one week's pay check and it begins, lie, deception, more lies. They treat individuals in our situation (low credit scores) like crap, bottom line.

I don't work for any other finance company or have I ever shared my opinion about a company's service. From low level customer service reps, to managers, to supervisors I must've spoken to 6 Westlake employees and got 6 different reasons why my funds were withdrawn by $250. This started on a Monday, by Thursday I went to the Corporate office for answers because that's the only way you'll be able to speak face to face and call **. Keep in mind over a year each week the amounts listed above have been deducted. That should be a red flag and looked into, I got nothing over the phone and told to leave by head of security at Corporate after being told someone will help you. They did give me another 800# and was in contact with an accounts supervisor. With it being Friday this supervisor was extremely apologetic and agreed it was our accounting dept and promised to get those funds back into my bank account.

I gave her account info, laid down and took a nap. Soon as I woke up checked my account and had NOTHING!!! The so-called supervisor. This company is shady, do your research! If you can find other options use them because in the end Westlake financial will cheat you. Go over all payments made if you're already with them, run if you're not. This happen over a week ago and $364.40 is still in Westlakes pocket leaving me paying late on some important bills, and being charged late fees. Shame on you Westlake Financial, now it's my duty to expose your shady business practices, lies, and greed.

So my account was 14 days late and I told the lady I was going to be late on my payment that was only 256 and if they could bear with me until Friday. She told me no and they were going to repossess the Vehicle. So long story short I've been having problems with this car since I got it. First the throttle control and now the transmission, starter and other problems that's cost 1850 dollars in repair. Now I pay the amount due which I was told which was 945. Now they're telling me I have to fax papers over. Okay no problem. Done. Now I was told to call back at 11am to see when the car is released. Now it's I'm 17.55 dollars short and have to pay it. Okay no problem. Done.

Now it's it take 2-5 days for them to Release the car. What? Get the hell out of here. I was told your people have all this done and it would be released today. It doesn't take all day to process papers. It takes about 2-3 hours tops. On top of that the customer service representatives are rude as hell I got hung up on 2 times and give different answers and told different things by different people. Westlake your staff suck and don't know how to do their jobs. Your company needs to get it together and when I asked to talk to a manager they wouldn't transfer me to one. So unprofessional???

I've financed my car with Westlake for over a year and for the past few month I've been ill, in/out of the hospital. So, I called Westlake to work something out to catch up on my payments. I could make have made one payment that Friday coming and the balance the next Friday. Well, after talking with them, of course rude as hell, they said nope and it was Tuesday when I spoke to someone. Wednesday morning came and there was knock at my door, REPO man was there to pick up the car. I was pissed like hell, they couldn't wait till Friday for me to make one payment and pay the other the next week. Very bad company to work with.

I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THIS COMPANY TO MY FRIENDS OR FAMILY TO FINANCE THEIR AUTOMOBILES WITH. Sometimes you cannot help if you get sick and fall behind on your payment. and try to work with them which they choose not to work with you. So I'm taking such a big loss and fall on my good reliable car that I had to take me to and from work or the doctors. PEOPLE like them makes things harder for people like us. Nuff Said!!!

Bought a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt on November 14, 2014, really nice car, great on gas. Bought it for 9,000 with low miles. However after paying 245 (even though the payment was 225) for 3 years straight only having one late payment, my balance was stuck at 5,400. Then had another late payment after 2 years and had it repossessed after one week. Tried to call to work on getting it but they want me to pay the full amount owed, even after I put 3 to 4 grand into the car, was a complete ripoff. Agents were always rude to me and always had excuses for any issue I had. DO NOT FINANCE HERE!

Literally STAY AWAY! I have been making on time payments for the past 17 months since I financed my truck through this crooked company and they REFUSE to report to the credit bureaus that I even have a loan through them, let alone that I've been making my payments. I have called 9 times, emailed 14 times, and facebook messaged twice over the past 7 months and every damn time they absolutely refuse to do anything about it and just give me the runaround.

I bought a car from Best Buy In Town in Philadelphia, PA on Kensington Avenue. Everything went smoothly until a month later. Just bought the car and I started to have mechanical problems. The Catalytic Converter costed me $2500 and the Brakes $150. Best Buy In Town do not even try to help me. I had to pay out of pocket for everything. I called Westlake Financial in advance to let them know that I was having issues with the car and that I was unable to make a payment for 1 month. I planned to pay on the next but make 2 payments so that I could catch up and be up to date.

The day of that I was going to pay 2 payments, they TOWED MY CAR at 4 am and now I have to pay $1,685.64. I was only suppose to pay $728.00. I'm in tears right now. I took 4 buses and a train to get my things out of the vehicle, I had to pay $50 and they put my car up for Auction and it's only been 3 days. I'm only 23 years old with no help from family. I am so upset and disappointed.

I got this car for my daughter back in March 2016. She has been making the payments every month. Now in Sept she got a little behind like just 15 days and they came at 5 am to repo her car. I called to see how we could get the car back and was told that they need $1500. Are they crazy? She was only 15 days late. I would never use them again. Worse company ever.

Truck totaled. Insurance company requested payoff good til 4-16-2016. Received payoff so they say 3 days late. Was short by 129.13 interest plus late fee. Total due now 144.00. But they released the title to the insurance company. Never called or send letter balanced owed. Was trying to get another vehicle but not now. They accepted the payoff and didn't ask me for my opinion until they wanted me to pay that crazy balance due. It's their problem for accepting the check and releasing theirs and my title.

My car was repossessed on July 6, 2016. I was behind on my car note but my payment are due every month on the 16. So I was 2 months behind the day they repossessed my car. I called and ask what I needed to pay to get my car back. 1300.00 to get my car back when my car note is only 356.00. I paid everything they ask and they told me my next payment would be August 16. Ok I called them to inform them my payment would be late because I just started back working. Gave them September 2 and she said I was 2 months behind. How was I 2 months behind? I just paid to get my car back last month and my new payment is this month. I wake up this morning and my car is repossessed again for August 16 payment. I hate these folks taking people money. I'm going to sue their money hungry behinds.

We bought our car and paid the first payment then got our paperwork in the mail. Paid the next payment on time and so on, we get a call that we never paid our payment and that the account was closed and new one opened. I fixed them the stuff to show we paid it. It was fine for a few months then the said that they never received or payments and that we are 36 days late and the car got repoed without warning or notification and we have three days to come up with 1,563 dollars plus 300 to 500 repo bill. They said that they were never notified about our situation and we called them to tell them I know 5 times a month. Whatever you do don't use WESTLAKE FINANCIAL. They are crooked.

Dealing with Westlake Financial is horrible!!! Vehicle was taken back by this company. I have gone round and round with these people. They hung up on me, transferred me all over the place, disconnects me, then I call back then finally talked to a person by the name of Mark ** who is the Finance Manager (so he say). I have told these people I have paid monthly on the vehicle I had before you took the vehicle back. They claim I was delinquent 6 months. They gave me a list of months I supposedly didn't pay. I told them, I normally pay thru my bank and I have records I have paid and they were so rude about it, they told me to prove it then! I printed out all my bank statements and shows I have paid every month, except for the 2 months I fell behind. But even that, I contacted them and told them I would be paying late, which they said "It was ok. You are not in default or 120 days late."

It's going to be 2 weeks now since the vehicle was taken. I have continued to call this Mark ** about paying the delinquent which is 2 months (and I'm sure by the all the fees they are now throwing in it). He has now told me my account is CHARGED OFF & "YOU HAVE NO ACCOUNT WITH US ANYMORE! BUT, if you want to get the vehicle back, you would need to pay 6,000.00" (that's the 1st time I called for an amount), then it went up to 7,000.00 (2nd time I called), last he threw in another 1,000.00 giving me amount of 8,000.00, plus the repo fees. I don't understand where he's calculating all this information from. Then I asked if he could work with me to pay off the delinquent amount and repo fees, which I contacted the repo company myself and they gave me 700.00, but he wouldn't and tells me, "I cannot promise to hold your vehicle until Aug. 29th", which he stated to me when I first called him.

I AM FRUSTRATED WITH THESE PEOPLE! I even emailed a Don Hankey, Chairman of the Board and also tried to contacting a Robert Engilman SVP/Chief Compliance Officer. No one has responded. I have been working on my credit and tried to keep it in good standings, but this company Westlake Financial is a SCAM!!! They do not care. Do NOT finance with them. If anyone is filing a lawsuit against this company, contact me!

I had surgery on the 25th of July and needed to defer a payment. My due date is the 30th. I called and had it set up, the form sent to me, signed and returned on the 3rd. They stated they didn't receive it until the 8th of August, proceeded to repo process and charged me for it. As well they still had not processed the deferment as of August 23rd. They are poor poor place to work with, they harass harass harass with incessant calls and I tell them the same thing over and over. They are a rip off as far as terms, apr, etc. They milk and milk and milk. Can't wait until I switch loan companies because they are awful. Wouldn't waive my repo fees and none of it was my fault. They are crooks.

This company customers services is so poor and very rude. I call in to let them know that I made a payment through the bank wells fargo and I did not know it take up to 3 days before your payment post to your account. I am thinking it post the same day but anyway the customer service person that answer the phone was so damn rude to me I couldnt believe the things that she was saying. She would not let me speak. I try to speak she told me, "I am going to hang up on you because you're lying about paying your car note". She stated, "I dont believe you, why did you pay it through someone else and not at the same place where you was going before? You are lying." Then she disconnect the call. I try to call back they pick up the phone line then put it back down.

I continue to call then I finally spoken to someone and ask to speak to a manager. He stated, "Let talk about your account". I said, "Okay but I need to speak to someone about what happen with one of your employee". After that he act like the phone went dead. I went through 20 minutes of hell with these customer service people. It got to the point where it upsetted me my blood pressure went up 150/92. These people talk to you like you're ** and it's not right at all. Who can I contact? This company should look into bbs needs to listen to this company recording on how they talk to customer. Just because our credit not so great or what ever that dont give them the right to talk to us and treat us like **. Stuff happen. I can see if you're not paying nothing on your car.

I purchased a van from a dealer in May which used Westlake Financial. Our first payment was made via debit card. The second payment was made with a money order. So June and July payment were made. Even got August's bill on the July 29th with it showing both payments. Then on August 1st get a call from the dealer that they bought the contract back and want me to return the van. I said WTF. I looked. I was told that 1st payment came back as insufficient funds. But looking at my bank statement they reversed the payment the day after I made the first payment. Every time I call Westlake they say I am in current, what a scam. Turns out the second payment we made was after the contract was bought back. Out that 1 month payment (425.00) plus the van and the repo on my credit. I contacted my state attorney general. I hope they get banned from operating in my state and the rest of the country.

My car that I paid almost 8000 after being late 40 days they repo'd it and make me pay almost 1200 dollars and been 3 days my car still isn't cleared. Every person I talk to says it's still in process like WTF dude. Open another ** office. ** said they do financing all over 50 states but they only have one office.

Yes they have crazy interest rates but are a life saver for those like us with bad credit. However I have been a few days late before. If you just talk with them they'll help you out. I've even got my car impounded with a 30 day hold. I had no idea how I was going to financially pay for my normal life and car payment on top of the fees that would've been almost $2,000. Westlake Financial got my car out for me and within 5 days. I still had it gone for 30 days but only paid for 5 days instead of 30. I hear bad reviews about them taking cars by the first day late? Hmmm sounds like people aren't taking care of their business. Communicate with them and you'll be fine. You get an occasional smarty pants rep on the phone but that goes with most places these days. Overall they've been great to me! Thank you Westlake!

I don't understand something; bought a car from a dealer in Ohio in May 2016, they finance it through Westlake Financial. Made 3 payments on time, I go online to make my July payment - today it said account paid in full.??? What?? I call them to find out what is going on, they tell me to call the dealership where I bought the car. They bought the car contract back, they are no longer financing the car.??? I call the dealership, he tells me to come in today, so they can get it financed by someone else. I'm like where and what happened to my payments I made and the $2,500. down payment? He said he is going to try to get credit for payments already made and get it financed elsewhere. I'm so confused and pissed off right now, I have never heard of such mess.

OK... My experience with Westlake... The day my car payment was due, my husband called and told them we were on vacation. All we had was cash and we would pay them when we got home. The very next day, Westlake sent out a release to repo my car... So being, my car was repoed for being ONE DAY late AND I wasn't able to get it back. I had the money. They wouldn't accept it. It was my very first payment and I had just put 2,500$ down on a 10,000$ car. So basically they took my down payment and my car for being one day late.

I got a car which was a real lemon but am stuck with the payments. Westlake doesn't care. So in 18 months, they made over 94 dollars a month profit from my payments. Wow. There was a point I got a little slack because of being laid off but I have been so consistent since then. I had asked them for a lower payment to extend the loan from the 29 months but they refused. I tried to get the car dealer to take the car back and they wouldn't. Not only did it overheat and have major steering issues (worn shocks, bad axles and hub, etc), it needed brakes and all kinds of repairs that had me distressed for months.

Over the past six months however I have had no issues, so I guess I paid for everything to get fixed. Anyway, bottom line they are not a good consumer oriented company and the people who work there are rude and unconcerned for any problem you may have. Next time I go for a car I will try and get a new one and if not, I will take a mechanic with me.

Westlake Financial Company Profile