2.81/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a loan company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 10, 2017

311 Westlake Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Very helpful and understanding on behalf of Carmen **. She really went above and beyond trying to help me get my car back in my possession. Truly appreciate everything she did. Took the time to hear me and understand my situation and actually gave me real possible solutions. Great job Carmen!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

After getting my truck repossessed I paid out everything I owe. I still can't pick up my truck because their stupid system is taking more than TWO weeks, because their system takes time. They said 2 business days and this is over 2 weeks now. I recorded all my 120 calls I made, supervisors saying is done when is not, and then good luck getting a hold on them again. Really BAD company, will not recommend this not even to my enemies. Stay away from this and find something else.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I called to make a late payment and was transferred 3 times to the correct department. The third representative, Samantha **, was very upbeat. She went to the point, to collect the payment. Only asked me once the reason the payment was late. She was professional, courteous, and had a great positive attitude.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

After being behind $69 they repossessed my vehicle. At 5:30 this morning with no letters, phone call, etc. I made a payment arrangement for my vehicle and they still came and picked it up. I have lost all trust. They charged me $400 tow fee on top of my $69 I made an arrangement for. They had taken advantage of me. DO NOT WORK WITH THIS BANK. I WILL SEEK LEGAL ACTION.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

This company has the absolute best customer service I have encountered in a long time! Ivan ** has been so pleasant understanding and honest that I would recommend the company to anyone needing their services!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I recently just got my car repossessed and I was freaking out and how to get my car back. I called and Ryan was the one who took my case, he clearly and calmly stated everything I needed to do very smoothly. He was amazing and I look forward to be working with him If I have any questions about my car payments. Thank you, Ryan.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I really enjoyed the experience I had. I was behind on my payments at the time and was feeling really frustrated and that there was no hope in getting caught up. Oscar was very patient, empathetic, and helpful. He was also very reassuring... which made me feel confident in his abilities to help me to resolve my issue.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

This bank has to be watched closely. They made a van payment disappear without any calls or warning at all. The repo man came and got our van. We got it back after a two week battle with this ** bank and lot of fees later. This bank is a piece of **. Do not deal with them. If you do watch them closely.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have had a car loan with this company for approx. 3 years. From its inception, I set up automatic payments with my Credit Union. I have not missed one payment. Tonight, 7:35pm, I received a phone call from this outfit telling me they have not received this month's payment. It so happens that the payment date this month fell on the weekend; neither Westlake NOR my Credit Union operate on a weekend... Therefore, although the automatic payment WAS made today, Monday, by my Credit Union and will probably reach Westlake tomorrow, Tuesday, they are calling me as though I'm some kind of crook trying to get away without making my car payment?? This is the second such incident with this outfit.

The fact that EVERY other payment has been made automatically and on time means nothing to them... They are unable to figure out that, "Oh... The payment date fell on a weekend day, so the payment will probably be a couple of days late..." I would advise anyone in the market for an auto loan to avoid this company like the plague, I know I shall never deal with them again, even if I have to pay an extra couple percent somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

The customer representative on this call was very knowledgeable on information I needed. She covered it very well and went above and beyond. Customer service like that is absolutely the way to keep us happy and want to do business again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Insurance Dept. has the worst customer service! On hold for over an hour several times then the females are rude, inconsiderate and deliberately do things the wrong way. If you complain about any of them, watch out because they will screw things up for you to get satisfaction. VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I paid my loan off in full and they still took out the monthly payment. I called them to retract my consent of automatic withdrawal and to verify total repayment of loan. I hung up with the understanding that I owed them nothing and they no longer had authorization to go into my account. They did it anyway. When I called about it they said I would be reimbursed in 21 business days. Three weeks later I called to check on my refund they had not even processed it, if I had not called they would not have activated my refund. Bottom line, it took them 5 minutes to take unauthorized money out of my account but it will take them a month to send me a check via air mail. This is the embodiment of unprofessionalism.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Car Loan - I'm new with Westlake Financial, I called and spoke to Katheryn **. She was so very helpful, she explained how the loan worked and made me understand how to make on time payments and how to pay the loan off early without getting hit with a higher interest rate. I seen all the negative reviews but for now I must say they are off to a excellent start, Katheryn was so very very nice!!! She went above and way beyond!!!! With that kind of service I think i'll be just fine.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I am impressed with the expeditious processing to return mail as certified with a tracking number to ensure my receipt. In addition, I received a very informative explanation of how to track my mail on USPS website. Thanks again, Ada!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I had a car loan with Westlake Financial. I live in Illinois with no credit, no co signer and they were the one bank to take me, yes interest was a lot but I'll take what I can get. Over time I'd call to make a payment. They were always so nice. My last payment made she said "Congratulations!" That alone meant a lot, it's the little things too. Since I had no credit, paying off a car would help boost it, right? None of my payments went to my credit, I was panicking. I called and right away Triana understood my concern, spoke with her super and he said he'll put in a request with the credit bureau from my first payment to my last. I couldn't thank them enough. I did not have one bad experience with Westlake Financial. I highly recommend using them as a bank. They want to help, they want you to have a good experience. They're the one company I have actually had this with. Thank you again so much, truly means a lot.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I would like to share a very uplifting experience that I encountered with a representative by the name of Mary. In February I had back surgery, in May I was rear ended in a car accident. My financial situation became very challenging and I got in the rear with my payments. Mary went above and beyond to assist me with my account. She was courtesy, competent and compassionate. Westlake Financial is very fortunate to have her on their team.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Mr. ** was very helpful when I call 7/24/2017 and when I didn't know information he helped me cause I was lied to by a supervisor Alex but even tho I was mad Mr. ** let me vent and he helped after he was trying to calm me down. Mr ** gave wonderful customer service

Original review: July 19, 2017

The dealer where I got my car from, they failed to give me the extended warranty that I paid for thru Westlake Financial, and somehow they (the dealer) did not return the money to Westlake Financial on time. So, I called Westlake Financial to let them know of my situation, Andrea ** (in Insurance Department - Warranty) took my call and from that day on, she was always calling me and letting me know how things were going with my situation. It took a while for the dealer to return the money, but Andrea ** always called me on the day that she said she would, sometimes I was not able to take her calls; but she always left a message for me. Andrea ** didn`t stop until the money was returned into my account with Westlake Financial. Thank you so much Andrea ** for all your help.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I called into Westlake today to see if I qualified for an extension. Being new to Westlake from AFS I was not eligible because I had not made 3 payments at this time. However Keyerrah ** (hope I spelled correctly) advised me of the options that I was eligible for. She offered a due date change. She was very helpful and courteous. She was professional and apologized when she cut me off and allowed me to finish my statement. I was nervous about calling because of the negative reviews that I have read but she was very helpful to me and I hope that if I ever have to call in again that I am able to speak with her.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I made arrangements to pay my car note today but I was still short. So I called Westlake Financial to see if I can get a few more days and they assisted me. With the help of Marisha who was very helpful, professional and knowledgeable... Thanks Westlake Financial and Marisha.

Original review: June 22, 2017

This company is completely fraudulent. Do NOT finance here. I pay my bill, then they repossess my car. Then they want $630 to get it back. It is a racket! All they want is to incur finances and repo your car, then they can sell it. That is how they make their money. Marlon **, Jennifer ** - you are supposed to be managers but you are crooks and belong in jail. My attorney will make sure that you don't treat good people like this again. I cannot complain enough!

Original review: June 8, 2017

A couple months ago I had trouble getting my title from this company. I was transferred between departments because no one knew what I wanted. Finally this girl answered the phone. I told her, "Please listen to me. You're my last hope." I was done with Westlake. No one listens but this girl said, "Sir give me a chance what's going on?" Finally she was patient, able to listen to my problem and like nothing fixed it. I asked to be transferred to her manager some lady and I told her how happy I was with her employee. She was the only one who helped me.

I came across my emails and I saw hers. I emailed her to say thank you once again. She asked if I could leave a review on Yelp for her and Yelp isn't my thing but Regina **, you are the best thing Westlake has going for them. Thank you lady for your help. And your manager is doing a good job with the hiring. Get more people who are willing to listen to your customers Westlake. She's the only reason I leave a 5 star review.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I didn't research enough!!! They are the worst! They give no assistance or help when you need it. Yes, I have been late with my payments but I only had two payments left and they repo my car!!! That should be a crime!!! What they want to do is resell it! Please customers unlike me, read up on Westlake before signing any agreement!!! Now in order for me to get my car back I have to nearly pay double plus repo fees!! This is a shame!!! Never again!!

Original review: June 2, 2017

I had to call Westlake Financial Services this morning and to my surprise I got contacted with Ryan. He really listen to my problem and offer a way to fix it. Thank you Westlake Financial and Ryan for being such a great help to a person's life.

Original review: June 1, 2017

THEY CALL ME 8+ TIMES IN A DAY EVEN AFTER SPEAKING WITH REPRESENTATIVES EXPLAINING MY SITUATION. It's not like I haven't been keeping in touch but 8+ times come on. NOW THEY CALL MY WORK NON-STOP! I told them they aren't allowed to call me at work and they still do! They say they have every right to call because I owe a debt. I have proceeded to trade the terrible car and now have the trade in company paying off my debt. I have called and told them and THEY STILL CALL 8+ times a day!!! NON-STOP HARASSMENT. I can't wait to be completely done with them. NEVER again will I deal with them.

Original review: May 22, 2017

If I could give a zero I would. I've had a loan with this company since 2012, it has been a complete nightmare. The staff for the most part are rude and hateful. They interrupt you if you are talking with them and as far as trying to get any help from supervisors, forget it... They are almost as bad. My advice to anyone looking for a auto loan, run far, far away from this company.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I call to inquire about my next payment. The system had a different amount but Solomon explained in detailed. He really comforted my worries. Solomon was very patient, polite, professional, and caring. I wish I can have this type of customer service experience when I call other companies. Thanks Solomon, YOU ROCK!

Original review: May 9, 2017

First of, I should say I should have gone with my gut on this one. I would have saved myself SO much trouble. My husband and I purchased a vehicle in 2015 for $9000.00. We put a $5000.00 down payment, so you think that would make it around 6 grand on the loan (factoring in tax, tag, title, etc.) NOPE. The balance was 8900. I should have walked out of that dealership then. At the time, my Fiance and I had never financed anything before. The only thing that had ever been on my credit was a start-up loan I got after I graduated high school two years prior. They gave us a TWENTY-SEVEN PERCENT interest rate. Again, I should have ran wayyyy away. But we were young, desperate, and ignorant. This is why I say it was predatory lending they saw young, no credit, and pounced.

***THIS NEXT PART WE WERE CLUELESS ABOUT*** In addition to our interest rate, there is a 7 dollar a day PER DIEM which means "PER DAY." I called asking about this charge. They told me for everyday the loan is active 7 dollars will be added to the principal amount of the loan!!! The second I heard this is decided to try to refinance through another company. At this time we were 4 months into our loan and had never been late. When I went to refinance through my bank I was told that they could not help me due to the fact that I was 60+ days behind on the loan. I showed them my payment folder, receipts and bill with the Due date. Westlake had not been reporting my payments to the credit bureau. I called them in the bank's office wanting to know why this is happening and they could not tell me anything. After getting the run around for 30 minutes and being transferred about 50 times I was fed up.

Fast forward say 6 months my Fiance and I had tied the knot and had to pay for the majority of the wedding ourselves and we were in the process of buying a house. I was a week late on my payment and they called me offering a "Deferred" Payment, meaning they move that payment to the end of my term. I said sure, what they didn't tell me is that this payment would collect late fees. And these late Fees don't get added to your bill. They sit there, getting bigger and bigger. After paying nearly a year at 270.89 a month, and often just rounding up to 300 I checked the payoff. We had only paid down the loan 600 dollars! I was so shocked and upset.

Fast forward another 8 months. Over the past 8 months we had only been late on one payment, but there was a late fee that we still had no clue about. I call to make my payment in March, on a Tuesday. NOTHING IS SAID TO ME about a repo. I wake up to go to work on Friday and my car is GONE! I thought it had been stolen, because I left my keys in it. SO I call and file a police report to be called an hour later and told it had been repoed. I called Westlake and they refused to tell me where my car was. I was panicking because my laptop, purse, wallet, and my work computer were all in the vehicle. I even had a local deputy call and they wouldn't tell him where it was either.

I ask Westlake why I was repoed and they tell me it's because of an 85 dollar late fee. I was livid!! So over an 85 dollar late Fee they wanted me to pay a 375 dollar towing fee, not to mention a 50 reclaim fee, and a 195 reinstatement fee. As mad as I was I was going to pay it. The guys at the towing yard agreed to give me my stuff, but it was too late to get my car back that day. I spoke with Westlake and told them I would call Monday and pay them, because I was not going to pay them, and not have my car all weekend.

So Monday rolls around, and I couldn't get to the tow yard because my hours and theirs aren't the same and my husband is out of town. My off day was Wednesday so I told the tow yard, AND WESTLAKE I'd be paying them on Wednesday. I get a call Tuesday saying my car had been taken to auction. I WAS SO MAD. They told me I could get my car back after I paid the original charges for the repo, and now the auction prep fees, and transport fees Which came out to 1800 in addition the other roughly 500. And my car was in North Carolina. So needless to say I told them to keep the car. Please, save yourself the trouble and avoid the company at all cost. They are crooked and will do anything for another dollar.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Call was answered by a professional and understanding agent named Julia. I forgot I set up automatic withdrawal and made a payment over the phone. It would have bankrupted us for the month. I explained to Julia who was kind and set up a refund to my bank stating funds would be available within 24-48 hours. I'm so pleased and relieved. Crisis averted.

Original review: April 26, 2017

My vehicle (2005 Kia Amanti) was repossessed on 6 Mar 17. I called Westlake Financial to see what I needed to do to get my vehicle. It was amazing how nice they were up till a point. Why is it that people that you have to deal with are so nasty but, get mad when they get the same treatment. Anyway I was going through a financial difficulty but needed to get my car back. So I called as stated and I was informed that, "Sure you can get your vehicle back. You have to pay this much and you can get your car back". Spoke to several people Miguel, Brady and Phillip from 9 Mar till 26 Apr 17 back and forth and off and on, me thinking that they would not sell my car until I found out they moved my car from Colonial Beach VA to Manheim, NC. That's when I started to feel that they just wanted me to pay the $1300 and not get my car because they sell it and not inform me.

On 11 Apr 17 I spoke to Bradley ** and he informed me that Brenda ** will be calling me back, the Acct.manager. No call back at all so I called again and spoke to Bradley again. I was told he was going to put a hold on the sale of my car so I can make payments to get it back. From that day, I knew it was going to be sold, never heard back from anyone. These people harass you at any time of the day and night every day of the week, but, I was trying to work things out to get my car returned so I would not have to purchase another one, that was also understood. On 25 Apr 17, I called Westlake Financial and Phillip at **, answered and informed me that Bradley was not available, to hold and he would be with me to assist me.

Phillip and I started talking, and I asked, "Was my car sold?" He paused then answered yes. "So what is the balance from the sale so I can make arrangements to pay this amount off the amount?" They claim to try to sell my car for what I owed was $1313.74. I have so many owed amounts from them ($1288.24) etc., the amount I now owe is $636.74. So Phillip says, "When can you pay that." I stated "I can send a payment on 5 May 17." What this amount includes I did not get. If you are a business you really need to give customers the total breakdown and not trying misleading them or nor should we have to ask because there is always hidden cost if you are crooked. Phillip was not nice and decides to raise his tone rude. He says, "Call me back next Friday okay." I hung up.

Then I thought about it and called Phillip back to ask for a letter from Westlake reference the payment arrangement. He say, "We don't do that." I asked, "Are you the owner?" No. "Then I will just go over your head. I need a letter to state that Westlake agrees with this payment arrangement to pay this balance, so I can have this for my records and I will talk to someone else" and I hung up.

If you sign an agreement to pay a loan of any sort why is it so hard for a company to give you a letter of agreement for your records. Not fair. So I sent an email and will send an email or send a letter in writing to the company once I investigate who the owners are and the accountants as well as their lawyers continuously because this is the way business is supposed to be done. I really did not have any complaints until this incident, but, I have read before all the other people's complaints, and I have even heard from dealers that send their clients to Westlake.

They DO NOT LIKE TO USE THEM. DON'T GET A LOAN FROM THEM. I am still waiting for this letter of agreement for the balance and as I know from talking to an attorney this is a law for me to request an agreement for my records. I have that right so I am expressing it. This a very unprofessional act and Westlake should not be allowed to tell anyone that has dealings with their company they do not give out any letters of agreements for payment arrangements when the customer has to sign a contract to pay for a car with them, same difference.

Westlake Financial Company Information