Find a Loan Companies partner

2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

3.9/5 (115 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Westlake Financial

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Westlake Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I emailed in a question about updating my insurance on file. It said I could expect a response in 3-10 business days. Within 20 minutes top Gabriela J. ** got in contact via email and phone. I was amazed at the response time. And I hadn't gotten around to replying to her email so she called me and made the process even easier for me. Instead of having to send the documents in online I was able to just give her the details over the phone and she took care of the rest. Westlake has made this process of buying my first car feel so easy. There isn't any other financial group I will work with in the future other than them. Thank you Westlake for making things easy and a big thank you to Gabriela **. You rock!!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Tess! We have passed along your praises to Gabriela. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I worked with an agent named Garland **. He was not only helpful and efficient in helping me resolve my business, but he shared a personal experience regarding the passing of his mother. My mother passed from COVID-19 and I am grieving. Garland's mother passed two years ago and he told me that he understood how hard it is. He gave me an analogy saying the God was simply calling His child home, just like we as parents call our children to come home from playdates, etc. The analogy gave me a new perspective and made me smile. He is a great person and an excellent customer service representative. Companies need more representatives like him who understand what people are going through. He helped me not only resolve a debt, but most importantly I accepted his guidance as a message from God, to let me know that although it is hard, everything is going to be alright!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for such a great review Connie! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. We will also make sure that Garland receives the recognition he deserves. He will be really happy to see your review. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Ryan ** in their customer service department has changed my mind about customer service single handedly. He went above and beyond, explained everything and was glad to answer any and all of our questions and concerns. He treated me and my family's situation with understanding and compassion and used all of the tools at his disposal to help us come to a resolution.

Whenever we ran into a snag, he was always able to find a way to try and resolve it, which is an invaluable trait. He was amazing and I have hope for humanity once again in the customer service world. He deserves every possible acknowledgment and promotion and raise he can get because I have never experienced any customer service this exceptional across the board. Westlake is lucky to have him and his superiors should be made aware. They have a rare jewel among them and he should be rewarded. Thank you Ryan, you truly helped us out immensely and I could never thank you enough. We are forever grateful.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for such a great review Gracy! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. We will also make sure that Ryan receives the recognition he deserves. He will be really happy to see your review. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Original review: April 4, 2021

I had the pleasure (And it's not the first time. I wish I could recall the woman I spoke with the time before this one...) of talking with Christopher ** today. He had some bad news for me. I explained to him my dilemma and, I assume he was in contact with his supervisor at the time (whom I'd also like to thank) he listened, asked how I was doing now and we came to an arrangement that I'm happy with and I hope they are as well.

This company has been nothing but cooperative and helpful and the fact that I am not dealing with an automated system makes it that much better. I hope (but think that I'm wishful thinking) that I can do business with them again, someday. Sometimes life takes a huge swing at us and when it connects, it can really knock one down. It connected with me, not just once, but twice in less than a year's time and I got behind, but I'm back up and running and feeling better than ever and I pray that's considered. If not, thank you for doing what you do.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Shane! Thank you for your comments about Christopher. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service, and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

When I called I had been having multiple problems with my newest car loan to establish my new account to pay online. When ready to pay my first payment in December I could set up my new account because their data input person had entered my social security number incorrectly. So, my dealership resent the paperwork to Westlake again to correct. Then when attempting to register my new account for online payment again it would not go thru because it was still not corrected. I called in numerous times and was told to try again So, I tried again and still could not establish my account.

This time it noted that I already had an account using that email address so I called today and told Igie of my problem. He told me to go into my account for the other car and click on the "Add Account." So, I told him that no one else offered this instruction because he listened to me and he knew his business. The CEOs need to go to Igie and have him teach other Customer Service people how to truly assist a client. At this time I admitted to him that I was considering going to another loan company or my bank to take over this new car loan.

Two of my calls spoke Spanish as their primary language so when they spoke English they spoke fast. I told one guy that, "I'm from Texas and I don't hear that fast. Please speak slowly." He continued speaking fast so I was having to ask him to repeat more slowly. Igie spoke very clearly.. We only had a couple of times when the phone line was cutting out so he repeated for me. So overall, I had a 5 star rated service given by Igie. When I spoke with Romanine in an earlier conversation she was very pleasant to work with. So, 4 calls were not good service quality.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for such a great review Jimianne! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. We will also make sure that Igie receives the recognition he deserves. He will be really happy to see your review. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I called today regarding a very old account. S/W ** he was very nice, professional and willing to go the extra mile. He provided all the account details which made the process so much easier. My account is paid in full. Thank you, ** and keep up the awesome work.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Cynthia! We have passed along your praises to Garland. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

John ** was great! He was pleasant and empathetic to my needs. I wish I could get him every time I call. I was stressed about calling and not sure how the call would but I swear he made it so easy for me. I’m stress-free!

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Shakia! Thank you for your comments about John. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service, and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I refinanced my vehicle through Westlake in 2020. Of course due to COVID I was late on my first 2 payments of 2021 by 30 days a piece & subsequently was able to get myself back on track due to work picking back up with my small business. I’ve been consistent with making my payments, but ran into an issue with the corporate office. I requested a goodwill adjustment for at least 1 of my late payments to be forgiven by mail, Westlake ignored the letter I mailed out back in July so I emailed the letter to customer service in August & got a reply back from the representative saying that corporate denied my request.

The entire goal was for me to get my SBA loan that I’m applying for so that I can pay off the remaining $9k that I owe on the loan & to actually help save my small business. The goodwill adjustment was denied, I’m understanding that I made a mistake or 2 in the past but since then I’ve been consistent because my credit is important to me & I’m trying to at least get my score to a respectable number like a 700. I feel that with everything going on that they could be a little more understanding at this time instead of just being dismissive of a customer that’s reaching out about trying to repair their credit in order to better themselves. We’re just trying to live a better quality of life & don’t ask to be in a position to have less than perfect credit. Sometimes it shouldn’t always be about money especially when I’m current on my loan

Westlake Financial response

Hi Donald, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you had with us. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Please contact us at CustomerAssistance@Westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Kelly was the best agent ever! We need more people like her that love her job. Was so pleasant on phone call. Could had talk to her all day. She is the best. Awesome job! I will look to ask for her when I call Westlake financial.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Louis! Thank you for your comments about Kelly. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service, and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Clear and concise and immediately resolved my issues! Super nice guy, thanks Roque! Completely relieved of all my stressors thanks to your employee. Super super awesome, really helped me out. Y’all are great.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Austin! Thank you for your comments about Roque. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service, and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Westlake Financial Company Information