2.68/5
Based on 99 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a loan company?

Last updated: April 21, 2018

380 Westlake Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Resolution In Progress
    Original review: April 21, 2018

This the worst predatory lending I have ever seen in my life. I called to pay off the car loan and was given a pay off an amount of 6495, unfortunately, my bank would not allow the total payment. I paid 3000 with a balance of 3495. Well when I called my payment went up by 300.00. They were rude and nasty. Would not let me speak to a manager. I spoke to them and informed them that I would be paying the loan off on March 3st. They reported me as late. This is horrible. I will let everybody know about this company. I will blast it all over social media. They need a law against this.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake, Nativita. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: April 19, 2018

I traded in my vehicle that I purchased from Westlake Financial which high interest car loan from CarMax 24.99 before the first payment was due to Kia. Apparently Kia got the payoff balance wrong by 211.07 underpayment. Westlake Financial has been called and sent email with payoff pictures from Kia. It has been a month long calls and harassment from Westlake over $211.17 which Kia stated they will pay. Meanwhile after getting screamed at by a Westlake employee stating it did not matter what amount was owed or what time length was involved that I was responsible for payment.

This was the worst customer service I have ever received as well as asking for a supervisor and explaining that not even 30 days has passed since I contacted Kia to fix this matter and had sent in email with payoff dispute I was being treated rudely and had numerous calls in a harassing manner. The supervisor stated I would not be reciprocal of any further calls yet this continues to the point I keep blocking every call from Westlake. This company is unprofessional and I am aghast at my treatment over a 211.17 payoff dispute which Kia has said they will address.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Paul. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2018

My whole experience from beginning of car loan to payments to talking with the different customer service representatives including my last payment to pay off my car with Lovely my last rep was overall painless and each of these reps were so kind to me. Thank you for this.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Carol.On behalf of Westlake Financial Services, we wish to express our sincerest appreciation for your positive review. When it’s time to upgrade to a new vehicle, give us a call. Westlake offers incentives for its valued customers. Thank you and we look forward to the opportunity to service you in the future. Westlake Financial Services (877) 285-6971, Mon-Fri., 8 am – 5 pm PT.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have had the worst experience with Westlake Financial. I'm 79 years old and on my last payment they have really screwed me, I receive a payment history via email and was blown away by all the discrepancies. I receive a statement as well for $2,266.84 which has now gone to $2,279.62, as I was going over my history and come to find out that Westlake Financial is as crooked as a dog's hind legs. And the employees all tell you something different, they never scroll down and read notes and everyone I have dealt with lies from Frank, Gary, David, George, and Diego and my list could go on with all the people I talked to in the last week. Just filed paperwork with the Fair Trade Commission and the Federal Trade Commission, over this company. They were ever so happy to take my complaint about Westlake Financial. Apparently they have had many complaints on this company.

Well surprise, surprise, and every time I ask to speak to a Supervisor or Upper Management I get transfer to Diego (**) who in my opinion is a snake in the grass. The bill I received shows I owe $871.78 in repo fees, and according to my payment history is not the same. On 2-1-16 they charge me $350.00 for Repossession Expenses, on 2-3-16 sent payment of $1,417.96 MoneyGram for Repossession Expenses. Then on 3-24-16 to 3-23-16 they charge me $50.00 Repossession Expenses and another $200.00 on 3-24-16 to 03-23-16 which show on my statement. Oh but it gets better (don't you just loved being overcharge). Then on 1-4-17 I make a payment for $500.00 for car payment through MoneyGram. On 1-5-17 I was charge $907.18 for Repossession Expenses (sent MoneyGram) and then they charged me on 1-10-17 for $350.00 Repossession Expenses.

On that same day they charge me $75.00, twice for plus $120.00 twice as well for a total $740.00 for Repossession Expenses. But wait it gets better. On 10-3-17 they charge me $1.77 Repossession Expenses on 11-3-17 was charge 0.11 cents for Repossession Expenses, on 12-18-17 $34.22 Repossession Expenses as well as they charge me again on 2-3-18 for $42.11 Repossession Expenses. They also charge me Interest Accrual Fees in the amount of $5,517.16 throughout the contract, the Late Fees they are charging me is $574.78. I feel I owe $310.71, they're charging me $263.28 more in Late Fees. Plus they want me to pay $808.53, and on 2-3-18 I sent a payment of $450.00 and on 3-3-18 another $450.00. In 36 months they have overcharge me $7,772.25 and total was $10,295.15 so the way I see it they are making extra $7,772.25 off of me.

I would never do business with its rats and snakes again. They prey on people and laugh all the way to the bank going SUCKER BORN EVERY SECOND. When I started with them the contract was $10,297.15 but instead made an extra $7,772.25 for a grand total of $18,067.40 off me. I have made so many attempt with Westlake Financial, to talk with them on this and all they do argue and threaten you with more late fees and repo. I'm going to call David Goldstein from CBS Channel 2 to investigate this Westlake Financial on their practices if I don't get results for this company. I talk to 3 people from their company and found out when talking to customer service that when you pay Repossession expenses they apply them to wherever they want, and they don't apply it to where it actually need to be apply to.

They want me to give a rating, but how can you give a rating when this company screws the customers left and right. I'm willing to pay them $1,200.00 no more to settle out, but they already threaten me and add more late fees. They will always continue to prey on the less fortunate, so I guess I have find a way to stop them by getting this company close and shut down so they will quit SCREWING PEOPLE AND TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THEM. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH WESTLAKE FINANCIAL. BAD, BAD, MISTAKE.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: April 17, 2018

Sadly there was a returned payment. We were not notified via mail or phone. I was out of town. Today I come back and have a knock at our door. A repo guy. He had the car hooked up. He asked for the keys and I emptied my car. In 2 hours we paid 1704.40 via MoneyGram as no other payment was good. We were told you couldn't pay on the spot. So I called Westlake Financial to give them the MoneyGram confirmation number. Well, I was told I have to wait 24 to 48 business hours.

I then called back later to ask if we could avoid having this on my credit report. The guy was very very rude and mocked me over the phone. I'm a single mother of a disabled child. I now have to find a ride to work for unspecified days till the tow company gets their email. While these people have the 1704.40. Anyone needs a car loan... Run away far and long. Don't use these people. I originally had a loan with Condor and the government took them over and sold my loan to these people. I didn't have a choice. Very sad. I paid I have no car, my credit is now screwed and they have zero customer service. Sad!!!

Westlake Financial response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Original review: April 16, 2018

Today I stalked these people; due to the fact I need their help with my vehicle. It's currently in the impound and I'm not capable of getting it out and paying them on time. So I keep following up with them. Called about twice today. As humble as I am I spoke to the Reps with such respect. Majority like Latoya and the supervisor I spoke with earlier have been helpful and kind.

I got myself in a little pickle and spoke to one of the supervisor who had helped me and explained everything in a professional manner. Tells me to follow up with them in 2 hours. They should have feedback on my review. I do as I'm told. They transfer me to the department that was helping with the review. Which I get to FRED. In the beginning he seemed nice. But then he would make these smart remarks at the end of everything he would tell me. It's not what you say it's how you say it. He stated to me "If you dont like the fact you have to wait for the review period go pay for it!" Not one time did I say anything for him to assume I wasnt ok with the review period. He just made his little opinions when not needed. Like I understand Ive called earlier but they requesting me to call again to follow up.

I even told him like, "Don't talk to me like I'm a child, Give me the same respect given". I work in customer service department, If I would have spoken to someone like he did I would've have gotten written up. Don't offend me or question my intelligence. Yes I'm concern about MY vehicle that I pay for monthly. Another thing he kept insisting it was their vehicle. Like do you drive the car? No. Do you own this company? No. Don't insult me. Now I had to come write a review just for him because that was pathetic of him. Don't judge people by what they're going through. Never have I ever wrote a review but he really did push my button for me to have to tell him something and sit at desk like if I don't have something better to do. I even got out my character and called him a son of a **.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for your feedback Reyna. We’re sorry you had a negative customer experience with us. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we would like to investigate the reason for this further. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com so we can follow up with you personally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I purchased a vehicle and was financed through Westlake. Long story short I did not received what I purchased. I contacted Westlake and they pretty much said I was SOL and they couldn't help me. I hired an attorney, Westlake. We settled and bought the car back from me. I was refunded my downpayment plus all payments made etc... Thought the nightmare was over until I decided to refinance my house and had my credit ran. Westlake reported the acct. as a charge off and my credit rating dropped significantly.

I call Westlake and I keep being told that I need to speak to their legal department, however, they dont have a direct number so you can only leave a message for them. They NEVER return a call, at least not mine. I'm to the point where I'm about to hire an attorney and sue their asses again. Stay away from this company. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional company in my life. Save yourself the headache. I wish someone would have warned me.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for your feedback Claudia. We’re sorry you had a negative experience with us. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we would like to investigate the reason for this further. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com so we can follow up with you personally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I had my car repo'd this past January. I got it back by paying up to date. Why and what is this repo expense showing up now on my statement of $550? I do not understand this. It wasn't on there a month ago! Please explain!

Westlake Financial response

Hi Luzzette. We are very sorry to hear that your concerns were not addressed and would love the opportunity to help. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we may gather more information to help us resolve this for you. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I like to acknowledge the customer service agent name Simone. She was a blessing to talk to. Honestly I was a little upset at first from having a rough days She went out of her way answering every question with ease. She went the extra mile to help me not to mention she made me laugh too. It’s not often you get someone to do that so I’m very grateful. I’ll like to thank her from the bottom of my heart and to let her know keep up the good work Ms. Simone. Blessings to her and the little one.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you very much for such a great review Tammy! We work really hard to offer quality customer service to all of our customers, so we are happy to see that reflected in your last interaction with us. We will also make sure that Simone receives the recognition she deserves. She will be really happy to see your review. Thank you again for being a valued customer

Original review: April 13, 2018

I would first like to thank Westlake for helping me finance my car. Also for their staff good set of people always ready to answer any questions you have or to make adjustments to your bill, like today I was finally able to pay off my loan thanks to Ronald, a very cool and understanding person. He heard my story, and he was able to pull some strings and got me a good deal to finish paying off what I owed. I'm very satisfied with the way he handle it, and thanks again Ronald you deserve a raise.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review Jorge! We have passed along your praises to Ronald. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: April 13, 2018

This company is a joke! Worst service ever and talk about the interest rate, Outrageous!! They don't care about their customers. To them it's all about the money! Now if you're looking for another bank I recommend Santander Consumer USA, best of the best! People friendly and will do anything to keep and help their customers.

Westlake Financial response

We’re sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with us and we offer our sincere apologies. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com so that we can discuss how to fix this issue. We want our customers to always experience the best in customer care.

Customer increased Rating by 4 stars! Resolution In Progress
    Original review: April 10, 2018

I called Westlake to make a payment and was offered a settlement of 2000 dollars if I came up with the money in three days. I was able to do so the money was sent via MoneyGram on Friday May 30 2018. Two weeks later I am Begging them to send the title and payoff letter confirmation. They keep telling me it's on its way in 48 hours and how it's been expedited to me since it’s way overdue. Today April 10th I am calling and both of their phones have been disconnected. The account holder Abdul have never gotten back to me. Also, still no settlement letter have been sent via DocuSign. I want my money back or my title please!!! THANK YOU!!!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for your feedback, Lucas. We’re sorry you had a negative experience with us. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we would like to investigate the reason for this further. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com so we can follow up with you personally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: April 4, 2018

I have never taken a loan with this company however they sent a repo company out to my house to take my car. I stopped the wrecker at midnight as it was pulling my car from the driveway. The driver had my VIN and address but someone else's name as the owner of the vehicle. Fortunately I had paid cash for the vehicle (a year ago) and had the title in my possession otherwise my car would have been taken.

I called Westlake to find out why they were trying to take my car but they said they couldn't disclose any information. The county sheriff department did a check on my VIN and it came back that there was no lien on the vehicle so there is no reason for any financial institution to take it. The representative I spoke to at Westlake was not at all apologetic, sympathetic or reassuring. No explanation was given nor was I told that a mistake had been made and I could sleep peacefully without every sound outside causing me to get up and check that my car is still there.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Christine. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative experience you encountered. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: April 3, 2018

Made every payment on time, when the issue that caused me to have to use these sharks with their double-digit interest rates was resolved, I refinanced - saved TWELVE points. I saw the payoff showed up on the 15th of March, called the 16th to get the timeline for the repayment of what the new finance company overpaid. I was told 7-14 business days to cut a check. Called back today, to check the progress, and now it is allegedly 21 business days, and my check won't get cut until April 13. I was lied to over and over and over again by various low-level call center people, passed back and forth from one fake "supervisor" to another, and finally told a manager would call me tomorrow (NEVER gonna happen). Never ever ever EVER do business with these people; they will screw you every which way they can. Now that I've vented, I'm off to file complaints with the Attorney General and the Arizona Department of Financial Institutions.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Rich. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously. We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: April 1, 2018

My wife and I bought a used car from a company that financed us through Westlake. A few days later, I got a call from a representative who barely spoke English for a survey of the buying experience. Then we got a letter in the mail saying that our insurance through Geico was about to expire and threatened to collect in full if not fully insured, we had insurance through Progressive not Geico, so the car was insured and the letter was insulting. Then to make the first payment, we had to call the company just to start making payments online in which they insisted on a debit payment in order to add their $5 fee on to it. Plus, the representative didn’t speak English very well. To top everything, 23% apr. WTH? It isn’t a credit card. Avoid Westlake if you can. They are a corrupt company that will fee you at every opportunity.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Brandon. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: March 31, 2018

So, we have had our vehicle for a little over 15 months now, and my wife suggested we start making split payments to save on some of the interest. So we started doing it, however Westlake has a policy that no matter when you make your payment through ACH (routing and account number) it will not post until the next business day which means they get more of the payment to go to the interest than to the principal balance. Or you can make a payment with a debit card which they also charge for. So No Matter if you're making your payments on time or even early they are still cheating thousands of dollars out of people unknowingly. I can't wait to refinance through another company. I will gladly pay for that!

Westlake Financial response

Hi Travis. We are very sorry to hear that your concerns were not addressed and would love the opportunity to help. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we may gather more information to help us resolve this for you. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.

Original review: March 28, 2018

The representative was very professional and responsive to my questions and concerns. He took time to not only address my concerns, but offer options to fit my situation. I was very impressed with the service I received!

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Laura! Thank you for your comments about our representative. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: March 26, 2018

It all started in November of 2017 when I purchased a used vehicle from a car dealer in Chicago. This dealership wouldn't allow outside financing so I was stuck with Westlake. Needless to say it has been a bumpy ride so far. My family has been doing business with Chase since the beginning of time and I have never been harassed or treated so poorly as Westlake has treated me. Now the current dilemma, I just received a letter from them (3-26-2018) that states my current insurance policy expires on 4-19-18. And they require "evidence" of insurance within 10 days of this letter or they will default on my loan.

First off my insurance policy will renew on 4-20-2018 at 12:01 AM at which point I will receive an electronic receipt. To meet their 10 day threat is impossible. These people are ignorant. Besides hounding me over the car title which in the state of Missouri the buyer holds and trying to sway me into buying gap insurance while using menial threats, this has been by far the worst financial institution I've ever dealt with.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for your feedback Michael. We’re sorry you had a negative customer experience with us. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we would like to investigate the reason for this further. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com so we can follow up with you personally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: March 24, 2018

Someone called me to verify the loan and address. I told them don't send to street address, send PO box only. They sent to street and mail returned. Got no first statement. When I called they said pay by phone, but didn't want to give me my account number. I finally convinced them that I would not pay without an account number. Made the first payment. The 2nd payment I sent by mail on the day it was due. The very next day I got 5 robocalls about the past due. ONE DAY! Then I got 2 more early the next morning. FINALLY I got a human call - with a person rambling on - I couldn't understand a word she said AND she was from the US - Texas.

Finally she said they expect payment on the day it's due and if I don't I should expect multiple calls. I said I'm never late on any payment and I always pay within grace period - said no grace period. I asked her just how badly does Westlake Financial need my $201.45 that she would devote so much time and energy to collect my debt. She said paying by mail so check arrives after due date is not acceptable. What a mistake I made getting a loan from them. Never dealt with such incompetence and greed. Predators for collection. I'll make sure they get their money before the due date and you can be damn sure that I will never borrow from them to purchase a car again.

Westlake Financial response
    Hi Frank, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you have described. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your account information.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: March 22, 2018

I purchased my car in October 2015. I was making payments on time but then ran into some financial problems. My wife stopped working and I was paying all the bills myself. Westlake Financial was very nice about deferring payments for me. They do call as soon as the payment is due which is unappreciated. When they did the deferment they charged me $50 and then told me my payment would be moved to the back of the loan. I had three such incidences. My maturity date started out as November 2017. With the three deferments that put my new maturity date at February 2018 I made my payments mostly on time.

On February 15th 2018 when I made my payment I was told I owed $800 which is equivalent to 3 months of payment. When I explained my contract was due in November and that I paid until February there goes my three months of deferment. They told me no and attempted to give me some explanation about interest and other stuff. Now I understand the late charges for the months that I paid late. But to charge me a $50 fee plus one whole month payment for each of my three months of deferment is ridiculous. So here when I'm thinking my last payment was February 2018 I'm still owing $814.

Westlake Financial response
    Hi Robert, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you have described. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your account information.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I called this company to get a payoff on my loan. The agent on the phone didn't say the figure was for one day. I mailed out bank check same day and now company says I still owe them money and won't release the title.

Westlake Financial response

We’re sorry to hear that you had a poor customer experience with us and we offer our sincere apologies. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com so that we can discuss how to fix this issue. We want our customers to always experience the best in customer care.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I was in financial strains and between jobs they were very understanding and willing to work with me to get everything straight and keep me in my vehicle and on track. Thanks to Westlake. I still have my vehicle and my life is better.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Gary. Thank you so much for your positive review! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience. We value our customers and appreciate the feedback.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I got an auto loan from this company a year ago. Come to find out they never had the title to the car so I stopped paying. Now here it is a whole year later they're telling me they have the title but I have to pay for the title transfer which I felt it's their fault I never had the title in the first place. I emailed their customer service a month ago and still no reply. This is by far the worse company I've ever dealt with. I told them if they paid for the title transfer then I would start making payments again. So at the end of the day I'm stuck with bad credit report.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Louis, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you have described. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your account information. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: March 7, 2018

My experience with customer service at Westlake Financial was very pleasant. When I called, I got in touch with a customer service rep. In less than 2 minutes. Ms. ** was very professional and very informative as to what options I had to best handle my situation. As Ms. ** was assisting me, she was very nice and she made me feel like she wanted to help me solve my issue. Ms. ** satisfactorily resolved my matters in less than 10 minutes. Time is what a lot of busy people don’t have. I feel she understands that. Gets to the point and then she executed a solution. Great job Ms. ** at Westlake Financial, thank you for your business and time!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with Westlake, Evelyn. We value all of our customer’s feedback. We are glad we were able to help you and provide you with such a positive experience! If you ever have any questions about your account, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192

Original review: March 3, 2018

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! They took my car payment twice then lied to me about sending it back to my bank account. They took the double payment February 23rd and it's March 2nd and I still haven't gotten my money back. The entire time they were telling me it was going to go back to my bank account. Only for me to call today & wait on hold for 40 minutes to be told they sent a check standard mail on the 27th and I should expect it in 7-10 business days. No apologies, no communication and nothing but lies until I demanded answers today.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Ebony. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com

Original review: March 2, 2018

My representative was Mr. **. He was awesome. I requested an extension and he educated me on how that would affect my loan and suggested a change in my payment date instead. I really appreciate it. Him educating me and helping me make the best decision based upon my situation.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Kaneadsha! We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I hope the CEO reads this if not I will make sure he gets a letter. I understand there is certain method to every situation and the customer service or the bank should have all the proper sources or resources as well as proper training as to what or how to help your Westlake Financial customers/client. Our backstory, my BF John ** got his car repossessed, he has a loan with your bank. Yes it is his fault but he and I (girlfriend) his support, acted as fast as we could. Saturday 2/24/18 his car was taken in the morning. We called around noon to pay his car and late fees. Granted the representative couldn’t tell us anything about the car or where it is so we waited until Monday.

Monday morning 2/26/18, John called your bank in the morning and was informed that by a representative of the bank and everyone else who works at the bank and those who have control over the info that gets in the system of the bank has no idea where his car is, how much he has to pay. Not one piece of information was given to him, other than he was told to check in with the bank between 24-72 hours. WE ARE AWARE THAT STORAGE FEE IS NOT CHEAP! Fast forward today Tuesday 2/27/18, a day later John called in the morning once again and he was told he owes $531.17 to get his car back. Because John was working, he gave me the authorization to call the bank and speak with the representative. He gave a verbal authorization through the phone with one of your rep. I WAS TRANSFERRED AND PUT ON HOLD 7-8 times. Please see the call logs and notes.

This was the worst customer service We have ever experience and it’s almost personal that we were not given proper information. When I was on the phone during lunch time with a guy named George, his last name starts with an **, please look at all the calls logs. At first John was told it’s ok to pay over the phone with the bank or do MoneyGram. The whole time I was on the phone to try and pay the amount, at the end I was told that they can’t take my payment over the phone because it's faster to do MoneyGram at Walmart. He specifically told me to go to Walmart and do the MoneyGram there because it will show up on the account right away. No other information was given other than the code to send the money over. EVERYONE IN YOUR TEAM WHO HELPED US KNEW THAT WE WERE TRYING TO GET THE CAR BACK AS EARLY AS TOMORROW.

John and I went to Walmart after work at 7 pm and as we were in line John was on the phone with a rep confirming all the information we need to do to send the money over. To get it to show right away. We completed the transaction and he called the bank after and was told wrong the information again. John was told by your rep that MONEYGRAM will take 3-4 business days to clear up. We have the damn receipt from Walmart. We were told MoneyGram was the best way and fastest way to send the money for the balance to be cleared. None of these reps were able to help us expedite this whole thing.

I was also told by George that after we pay, it will take 24-48 hours for you guys to complete the paperwork. I asked him to confirm with me that if we paid tonight (Tuesday 12/27/18) that we will not get charge for the storage fee because we had paid and it takes for you guys the bank, Westlake Financial a day or two to process the fee. George ** told me yes that John won't get charged any fees while we wait for your bank to complete paperwork. We are not expecting to pay any more than we had. We are also not expecting to wait 2-4 days without the car. We have paid today. Please complete the process and get the car for release. WE DID OUR PART, YOUR REPS FAILED TO GIVE US THE CORRECT INFORMATION OR HELP US.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Shiela, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you have described. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your account information. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

CAUTION!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! During a time when we were financially (and credit wise) struggling, our van died. We had to have another vehicle, so we went to a "we finance everyone" kind of place. First mistake - engine died a year and a half later. We still owed a good bit on the loan. We borrowed $ to replace the engine. We NEVER had any late payments during the course of the loan with Westlake. They would call you before your due date to ask for your payment. Harassed constantly if you didn't make payment on the due date.

Fast forward to the time the loan matured... We were still carrying a balance that made no sense, but we received no further calls AT ALL after the maturity date. We called to try to figure it out, couldn't get a sensible answer, except that it was unpaid interest or something?? We eventually paid it off. Fast forward to now... Noticed on my credit report they report it as a CHARGE OFF!!! Really bad type of derogatory mark to have on your report. I disputed it to no avail. Literally, we received NO further phone calls or correspondence of ANY KIND after the maturity date. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!! HORRIBLE!!

Westlake Financial response

Hi Holly, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you have described. We strive to provide quality customer service to all of our customers. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and try to make things right. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your account information. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com at your earliest convenience, so that we can further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I have received 10 phone calls in ONE day! My account is not past due. One representative claimed it was a reminder called about our payment for March. A MONTH AWAY! Then another was to tell me that there was a glitch and that our payment has posted and the system didn’t catch it. 10 phone calls is not justified. Automated or not. It’s harassment. I have put a cease and desist and if they call again I will be contacting a lawyer. And we will be looking into refinancing.

Westlake Financial response

Hi Ashley. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered. Providing great customer service is our main goal. Given the opportunity, we would like to learn more details about your concern and be able to try to make things right. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I never realized my interest rate was this high, I know shame on me. I was told by one person that I could have someone take over the payment on my car and have it transferred into their name. After waiting a week for the paperwork I called and was told they don't refinance the same car even if it's for a different buyer. My payment was 3 days late (within the grace period) and I will receive at least 4 calls before 11am. I told them I cannot answer the phone I'm at work just leave a message but they refuse to do that. I'm looking to have my credit union refinance the car for a lot less interested rate.

After paying on my car which I bought for $14k two years ago I still owe $12,500 only about one hundred and something is the principal and two hundred and something is the interests. My payments are $387 a month not including insurance. My credit was not the greatest but it wasn't horrible either. As soon as I get out of this horrible loan I will never do business with them again

Westlake Financial response

We’re sorry to hear that you had a poor customer experience with us and we offer our sincere apologies. Please contact us at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com so that we can discuss this. We want our customers to always experience the best in customer care.

Westlake Financial Company Information