4.0/5 (849 ratings)

About Westlake Financial

Westlake Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westlake Financial?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

Harvey was a awesome Associate. He was so patient with me. He always treated me with care. He actually listen and got me what I need to help me. I’ve had contact with a associate before Harvey that was very rude but Harvey put a smile on my face and he actually cared. THANK YOU SO MUCH HARVEY.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Ashtyn! We have passed along your praises to Harvey. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I was so lucky to get the representative I did get. I got Brandon as a representative & he was so compassionate & understanding & actually understands the customer needs. Thank you Brandon. You’re the best. An actual lifesaver.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Jaleah! Thank you for your comments about Brandon. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service, and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Hello my name is Juliana and I just had the worst experience with this bank. Two months ago I bought a car from a dealer, this dealer to be exact. On November 10 at 11 days on November 21, 2022 the car started to fail, nobody gave an answer. In the month of December they no longer existed and they had sold me a guarantee for 2000 dollars that was not there, they scammed me. I called the Westlake Financial bank and they did not help me much.

The information that they constantly gave me changes to finally tell me it has I have to send a letter from the mechanic saying that he has the car to see if it was fraud, I sent everything they asked me for, a certificate from two mechanics and all the evidence that I had in my possession and today I called and they told me it is not rejected and I but how did I They can help and the answer was, "You bought the car, it's your fault," it's the worst bank, they don't guarantee anything, the car is bad, it doesn't work and I have to keep paying them, don't believe these people. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I called into Westlake Financial to make my car payment. I was connected to Luis employee id #**who informed me of all my options to helping me get caught up on my payments for my vehicle. He took his time and went above and beyond the call of duty and I am happy and please with the service I received today. I felt honored and respected as a person and not just another customer or dollar sign. So, I wanted to take the time to thank Luis for the Outstanding service in helping me resolve this issue.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Nae! We have passed along your praises to Luis. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Westlake definitely cares about their customers. I had the pleasure of speaking with Luis and he was very patient but very knowledgeable in walking me through the process of setting up my online payments. He even offered me the choice of putting their app on my phone for convenience.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Chikai! We have passed along your praises to Luis. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

I absolutely will be using this customer service again. A guy named Luis ** really helped me out. They care for their customers. Awesome! Thank you so much. For all the help you have provided me today Luis.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Joshua! We have passed along your praises to Luis. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

Garland was very helpful and patient while speaking with me. He was very professional and helped me a great deal with my issue, and he was very personable. I would say he went above and beyond for me and that was very much appreciated. My overall experience was great!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Sequoia! We have passed along your praises to Garland. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

My agent was great help. He was polite and patient with a good attitude and was willing to help me. Thank you guys. I've heard so much positive things about the company and I just had to see for myself and they was right.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with Westlake Financial Services, Eric. If you ever have any questions about your account, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

First time I call but it was very helpful. Fernando ** was very friendly and helpful. Awesome experience. Provided me with many options and suggested the perfect one for me. He was the best agent I’ve talked to. He’s very informative and helpful.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Albert! We have passed along your praises to Fernando. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Nothing but a GREAT experience with Westlake Financial. I financed my daughter’s car with them and from beginning until payoff I had nothing but excellent customer service. My most memorable was Jaime. There was a small hiccup at payoff and he was very patient and accommodating in assisting me with getting it resolved. I highly recommend!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Carlynda! We have passed along your praises to Jaime. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

If I can give zero Stars I would. I was unaware of them charging so much money for interest / finance charges. My original loan was supposed to only be close to $10,000. But after signing everything I finally received my actual contract that they just sent me, after having my car for going on a month now, and it shows that they added over $4,000 in other fees and over $12,000 in finance charges making my loan to be over $25,000. If I was going to have to pay $25,000 I would have chose a better car that I would have actually liked more or went with getting a newer car. I have a 2011 Honda Civic that is used. Not only that I still have not received my registration so I'm driving it around without a current registration in my name.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

I got financed by this guys. I made a deal to pay in 48 monthly payments. I have paid almost my car in 1/2 of the 48 months. I have to pay every 20th of each month, however I have 10 extra days (Period of grace days) to pay without getting into any late fees, I got this guys calling... and calling 4 to 6 times a day from different phone numbers to my house, when the calendar hits the 21th day of the month and they haven't received my pay that's when the 6 phone calls a day starts. This guys don't care that I am ahead on my 48 monthly payments, they don't care and call you many times a day even when you are in the additional 10 days Period Of Grace. I was supposed to pay this car off by 2025 today 12/28/22 I am 2 payments away, I owe $770 out from $8.800. This guys don't respect deals!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

My father passed away and I was trying to settle his account. I was first told they would talk to me after sending in a death certificate and my driver's license. After doing that I called again because I had not heard from them and they said they would not talk to me because I was not the informant on the death certificate. After speaking with many of the reps and trying to speak to managers, that were extremely rude, and I was hung up on multiple time, they finally came and picked up my dad's vehicle. 1 week later, even after sending them a death certificate, they are still sending my dad letters telling him he is obligated to pay his vehicle off. This place in an absolute joke to work with, the people are not personable, and they lie to you at every opportunity they can. DO NOT work with them if you can help it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Mr ** handled my account with precise and expertise actions and made me feel like I would like to deal with Westlake again. He was kind, friendly and reassuring and gave me excellent customer service. -Mary

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Mary! Thank you for your comments about Garland. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service, and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

During one of the most difficult times in America with everyone under so much stress. It’s truly a blessing to have such a hospitable compassionate understanding and empathetic sales representative like Allison **, advising and handling my issues with such great care. Showing great appreciation of my business while still understanding how demoralizing it is to be unable to financially support yourself. she offers full support trying to find the best solution while giving you her moral support. I have spoke with many representative at Westlake and she is the best representation of great customer support. Thank you so much Allison **

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Sasha! Thank you for your comments about Alison. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service, and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

Robert ** a great and outstanding employee deserves a raise and possibly employee of the month for being such a dedication to help to the company. I would do nothing more than give him the nomination for this. He is a asset to your organization.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Sherman! We have passed along your praises to Robert. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I co signed a BMW used for my son. The car end up getting total out due to a flood. My insurance only paid book value which was 13000. So we figured since we have gap through Westlake it will pay the remainder balance. Nope they are calling and asking us for 403 dollars but charged us for gap insurance every month how is that possible. This company is bad for consumers. They need to be investigated.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

I spoke to Luis. I have been behind on my payments due to losing my job and having a baby. Speaking to Luis today really blessed me by allowing me to make a payment and getting me caught up. Thank you so much. I am overly joyed with my experience. It’s been a struggle but Luis reassured me and took a lot of my shoulders.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Kenisha! We have passed along your praises to Luis. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

My auto loan was transferred to this company, and I was not very happy about it because I was had a great relationship with my previous servicer. I called the Customer Service line and spoke to Jorge. I was nervous and apprehensive when I called in, but Jorge really made the experience painless. He was very polite, knowledgeable, thorough, and went out of his way to assist. He really made my first impression of this new company a great one.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Shontelle! We have passed along your praises to Jorge. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

Jorge was very informative on the switch to Westlake Financial. Very professional and friendly. He also provided information about automatic payments. He was helpful with providing me an option to call back if I had any concerns.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Matt! We have passed along your praises to Jorge. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I want to thank Lala ** for being professional and helping me and understanding me in a very difficult stressful moment. I spoke to 3 (rude) representative before she answered and from the moment she answered the phone she sound like a sweetheart. She took the time to listen before cutting me off before I can explain. She took the time to explain what I needed help understanding. Lala made what started off as a stressful morning (just by how a person answers the phone) a one to look forward to. I've been a customer for a little over a year and spoke to more than a dozen representatives and Lala definitely stood out to me the most, enough where I had to ask her where can I give her a review. She was just great. Love her attitude!!! Thank you Lala M.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I called Westlake for a couple reasons. One was to move the payment on my loan back a few days. The other was to find out what I need to do so I can register my car in a new State. Jorge ** was extremely helpful. He answered my questions, gave me the information I needed and he was very kind & polite! Thank you Jorge!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Heidi! We have passed along your praises to Jorge. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

I called on March 7, 2022 to make my last payment. I spoke with Natalie and she informed me that I had late fees on the account, but my principal balance was paid in full. I could pay the late fee whenever, but would not receive the title until paid. I asked Natalie if this would report on my credit report and she said no. It would show paid in full and it did until August. I was notified by the three bureaus that Westlake Financial report my account as a charge off and 120 days past due.

I filed a complaint with Yelp and Tracy ** with Westlake reached out to me and he fixed my credit reports. Then November Westlake reported again my account as a charge off and 120 days past due. I have reached out to Tracy and it's not been fixed. After multiple emails and phone calls I can't get a reply. Keep in mind I have not received any letters, statements or phone calls stating my account was about to be charged off. I will keep filing a complaint on every site I can find on Westlake Financial. When this company has a one star review with the BBB...stay away. I wished I had known about this before doing business with them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

I called to pay a payment and the man behind the other line, Harvey or Javier, helped me and went above and beyond to help me settle my payment. Great guy, very helpful and positive. He made sure I was pleased with my request and did more than I expected.

Westlake Financial response

Thank you for posting a review, Carlos! We have passed along your praises to Harvey. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to assisting you with your future needs.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

Solomon was very patient and helpful. He explained everything and the process was presented professionally When I indicated it's been a struggle lately he showed empathy. He was a pleasure to speak with polite and professional.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Katrina! Thank you for your comments about Solomon. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service, and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I spoke to Antonio he was amazing. He made feel safe and secure, great customer service and I feel like I am in great hands! I was a little worried at first but after speaking to Antonio I feel so much more comfortable. Thank you for your customer service. Give him a raise! :)

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Corina! Thank you for your comments about Antonio. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service, and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I spent two days arguing with people, over protocol...Till we spoke with Jurgen **. He was pleasant from the beginning, he apologized for the problems we had with others...And took care of our business without any problems. Very knowledgeable of his job and product. Thank you Jurgen **!

Westlake Financial response

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience. We value our customers and appreciate the feedback. If you have any questions about your account in the future, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

First off the people they were linked with to sell me the car sold me a car that had a cracked frame which is now not drivable. I was told by them to send a mechanic's receipt stating this in which I provided for them and they refused to buy the car back. Then after making 9 months of on-time payments for a car that sits in my driveway undrivable I asked if they would refinance the car for a lower monthly payment so I can put it in the shop and get it fixed in which they also denied me that. Then I had a family member pass away and asked if they would please put one month payment on the back end because I'm dishing money out for my family member's funeral and they also denied me that. What kind of horrible people are they. They hold no accountability and will rip you off in every way, shape and form that they can. If you can finance somewhere else I highly suggest doing so.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

Jaime ** helped me immensely through the process of paying off my vehicle, but especially through the explanation process of how it would reflect on my credit report. He gave me tips and specifics on how I could best expedite the process as best I can and I greatly appreciate it.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Tiffany! Thank you for your comments about Jaime. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service, and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I talked to Ángel ** about the problem I am having with my car and he was very kind, I want to give him 5 stars because he also helped me make things easier, I can say that it is a very good function for your company to have people of this type working for you.

Westlake Financial response

We’re so glad to hear that you had a good experience with Westlake, Eric! Thank you for your comments about Angel. We strive to provide our customers with quality customer service, and we love when our employees get recognition for it.

Westlake Financial Company Information