This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
TradeStation is an online broker and trading company offering a wide range of financial services. You can trade stocks, ETFs, options, futures and cryptocurrencies online with TradeStation. It also lets you analyze market data to help optimize your trading strategies and compete in numerous markets. Its pricing is competitive, with many trading options available without a commission.
- Commission-free equities trading
- Variety of investment products
- Real-time market data
- Pricing varies by plan
- $2,000 account minimum for TS Select
TradeStation is an online investment platform designed for both pros and beginners. There’s an account minimum for better pricing, but TradeStation’s long list of investment options and resources makes it worth considering.
What is TradeStation?
TradeStation is an online brokerage. Many of its investment options, including stocks, options and futures, can be traded on a commission-free basis, which gives you a clearer understanding of the price of investing. With TradeStation, you also have access to multiple trading platforms, a resource center and market insights to help make the most educated investing decisions.
How does TradeStation work?
With TradeStation, you first choose which type of investment you want to open. Options include individual, joint, retirement and entity accounts.
You then choose between TradeStation’s two pricing plans, TS GO and TS Select, which don’t charge commissions for many popular products. After you set up your account, you can start to fund it through smart transfers, wire transfers, check deposits or electronic transfers.
TradeStation’s investment products include:
- Futures Options
- Mutual Funds
Pricing for TradeStation depends on what plan you choose and what trades you make. The company does a good job of breaking down the intricacies of what you’ll pay for specific trades on its website, but as far as securities trading goes, your choice really comes down to which commission-free plan you want:
- TS GO has higher rates per contract and may result in trading surcharges on the company’s desktop platform. However, it has no account minimum.
- TS Select has lower rates per contract but a $2,000 minimum deposit.
Fees for Tradestation Crypto vary by the plan you choose (Maker or Taker) and the amount in your accounts, ranging from 0.05% to 0.3%. Service fees may also apply.
- Is TradeStation a direct access broker?
- Yes, TradeStation is a direct access broker.
- How much does TradeStation cost per month?
- TradeStation’s trading platform doesn’t have monthly fees, but one of its related products, TradeStation Analytics, has pricing starting at $99 per month.
- Who owns TradeStation?
- Monex Group Inc. owns TradeStation. Monex is an online financial services provider headquartered in Japan.
- What is the minimum to open a TradeStation account?
- It depends on the account:
- TS GO plans, which have slightly higher fees and can’t be used on desktop computers, do not have account minimums.
- TS Select plans require a $2,000 minimum deposit.
TradeStation’s Crypto plans also have no account minimums.
- Is TradeStation good for beginners?
- Yes, TradeStation is designed for people at any stage of their investment journey, and it provides resources that may help new investors learn the ropes. Just be aware that you may have to choose the TS GO plan if you don’t have over $2,000 to invest yet.
Is TradeStation legit?
TradeStation is a legitimate company offering a wide variety of investment options and support. Its tiered pricing may be a negative for new investors who don’t have enough in their accounts to qualify for TS Select rates, but the platform is still accessible enough for beginning traders. Overall, TradeStation is a decent option if you’re looking for an online brokerage platform.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
TradeStation Company Information
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.