Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments

1.5/5 (37 ratings)
Find an Online Brokers partner

Get advice from finance professionals.

Find a financial advisor near you on SmartAsset

Get Started

About Fidelity Investments

Get advice from finance professionals.

Find a financial advisor near you on SmartAsset

Get Started

Fidelity Investments Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Investments?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I've been with Fidelity for 13-14 years. They are the best broker I have had. Their representatives have been intelligent and efficient and well-trained. I have never had a poor experience. My favorite thing about Fidelity is that they allow an unlimited number of price alerts, which can be set up 10 at a time. That feature alone will keep me with them. No complaints. Previously, I had four other brokers.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

If you have questions or technology issues per online trading, Your questions are answered in record time by real live humans. You're never put into a robo-caller hell. Personnel are courteous and attentive to one's questions with clear and concise instructions and assistance.

Get buying tips about Online Brokers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

This company is great in keeping the clients up on what to expect in my portfolio of benefits. Monthly I receive reports and explanations on how and why. Retirement funds - that I invested through employment. With all the fraudulent activities that are going on this company can be trusted.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

When you leave a company, you can transfer your 401-k to Fidelity free of charge and for the last year or so Trades are free also. Great website and you can get a daily email with results of stocks you want to watch. If you set a buy for $1,000 (because that is your available cash balance) and price ends up $1,200, then just call Fidelity that day and they will let you sell some of you other shares to cover the difference.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I've had some experience investing on my own for personal accounts using several platforms including Robinhood and Stash. Fidelity is the easiest to use, everything is upfront and the availability for help is immediate. Any issue from general questions to 401k can be answered with ease. I know my money is safe, secure and managed all the time. I love the fact they offer free webinars to help learn more about trading and investing. I can even arrange a meeting with my advisor, and if I don't feel comfortable with the advisor I can always request to change.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I had question about my account and escalated it to a supervisor name Chav ** who did not resolve my issue and was nice nasty, condescending, and racial. He spoke to me in this manner because I'm a **, after all my transition clear with Fidelity I am closing out this account.

Original review: June 10, 2022

My experiences at Fidelity have been anything but enjoyable. I joined them with IRA and the first mutual funds I invested in I had trouble. I wanted to pull out in early January but had to wait on a few of them for 60 days or be hit with a 2% withdrawal rate. On the 6600th day I went to move them to cash and on two of the three funds they were still trying to impose the 2% fee so I couldn't get out. I could reach anyone until after hours and all I got was a smart loud mouth supervisor who just yelled at me and won't lift a finger.

Now I'm trying transfer a few funds to my checking account and it's nothing but hell. First I had to get it set up (expected). Then the bull and lies start. The rep I was trying to get this set up with was dizzy or something; couldn't get a yes or no answer for my life so I got a supervisor who explained the process to me and I even gave it back to him in simple terms and he told me it was correct. They were going to deposit two small amounts to my account and then take them back in one withdrawal. I would get an email when this was done and then I could transfer when I needed it.

Well, right after hanging up, I get an email telling to verify their action!!! They said it would take 2-3 days to do this; why am I getting this now??? So I call them today; 30 minute wait and when the rep comes to answer; they disconnect me. So I call back and get a dizzy rep again who cannot explain a thing but hinting I need to know the two amounts they deposited in my account. NO ONE told me this the other day; including a supervisor!!! So I get another supervisor demanding I know the amounts and then he hangs up. Might take all day to do this. Stay away from Fidelity; they are nothing but trouble. I can't wait to get my money away from them!!!

Original review: May 25, 2022

I transferred some money from my bank on Friday afternoon and it is now the following Wednesday and I have been informed that I cannot access that money until Friday morning. If I had known, I would have used another broker which gives me access to the funds immediately. As an options trader, this is completely unacceptable.

Original review: May 18, 2022

These people lied to me and made decisions with my money without my consent and I am looking to sue them. They screwed up my retirement that I've been saving since I was in my teens. These people act professional but they are not honest or looking out for your best interest.

Original review: May 13, 2022

When embarking with Fidelity Investments on Fidelity Managed Services they very quickly took my money and it was completed within 24-48 hours. However, now that I want to reverse back to a "Self-Directed" Self-Managed Account(s), they told me that Fidelity Managed Services has invested me in proprietary "Strategic Advisor" (SAI) funds that are only available with private client services or managed services - and that I cannot port them back over in-kind to "Self-Directed Account" and that I would need to SELL THEM ALL OFF despite the fact that it might cause me undue financial hardship and may not be the most optimal timing to sell these investments, I may lose a significant amount of money in doing this - when all I want to do is unravel myself from Fidelity!

Fidelity author review by Sandy Baker

Fidelity Investments is a privately-held full-service financial firm that offers an extensive range of investment options, including online trading, retirement accounts, IRAs, mutual funds, life insurance and more. The company has been in business since 1946 and now serves more than 25 million individual investors. It is headquartered in Boston with locations across the United States.

• Branch locations: Fidelity has nearly 200 branch location across the United States. Investors who want the option to trade online as well as get in-person help from a professional will appreciate this option.

• International trading: Fidelity clients can trade on the stock exchanges in 20 countries, including Hong Kong, Japan, Australia and the United Kingdom. Investors can choose to purchase or cash out stocks in U.S. dollars or the foreign country’s currency.

• Research trial: Account holders at Fidelity have free access to several research tools. They can learn about stocks, EFTs and other investments as well as set up watch alerts. Interested customers can sign up for a free 30-day trial to see whether they find the tools convenient and easy to use.

• Managed accounts: Investors who prefer a hands-off approach can set up a managed account with Fidelity. The company offers five different managed account types with a $5,000 minimum investment.

• Protection Guarantee: Consumers can feel secure with a Fidelity account. The company’s Protection Guarantee ensures that clients are covered if an unauthorized individual makes changes to their account. For full terms and details, visit the Fidelity website.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Fidelity Investments Company Information