Find an Online Brokers partner

Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments

3.8/5 (514 ratings)
Find an Online Brokers partner

Get advice from finance professionals.

Find a financial advisor near you on SmartAsset

Get Started

About Fidelity Investments

Get advice from finance professionals.

Find a financial advisor near you on SmartAsset

Get Started

Fidelity Investments Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Investments?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I've had some experience investing on my own for personal accounts using several platforms including Robinhood and Stash. Fidelity is the easiest to use, everything is upfront and the availability for help is immediate. Any issue from general questions to 401k can be answered with ease. I know my money is safe, secure and managed all the time. I love the fact they offer free webinars to help learn more about trading and investing. I can even arrange a meeting with my advisor, and if I don't feel comfortable with the advisor I can always request to change.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I have been a client with Fidelity for over a decade. I have retirement accounts and a brokerage account and I would recommend them, especially someone who is in my demographic and who prefers my investment style: 40 years old, married, middle class and who prefers investing in actively managed mutual funds, some passive funds and ETFs, and some individual stock picking. I also have a Robinhood account and a Webull account and I use them for more aggressive trading, but Fidelity is by far my choice for my long term investing. Their research platform is excellent and the number of mutual funds they offer is outstanding.

I was tempted to switch to Charles Schwab because Schwab was offering a bonus to switch and I had called Fidelity a few times and experienced long waits. I expressed my frustrating in a letter to the company and received a satisfactory response that stated the company has hired 7,200 more customer service representatives to help better service clients by phone. So if you are in the market for a investment brokerage, I definitely recommend Fidelity based on their research platform, investment options, and improvements the company is making to better serve their clients.

Get buying tips about Online Brokers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Fidelity has been helpful for me as someone who is finance phobic. They keep me sufficiently engaged to allow me to make sound investment decisions. The company also employs a variety of specialist who are available to advise me on various financial planning needs like wills, trusts and inheritance arrangements.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Ready with help when I call. Webpages easy to understand and navigate. In addition, Fidelity has a help desk one can access from the web. Overall, best I have used so far. One can easily print out statements or other information from this site.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Excellent choices with a great service. Value for the price is also very good. Some of the lowest fees for brokerage. Really flexible choices from a vast portfolio. We have had the account with them for a while and never complained. Solid background with solid choices.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I have had the worst experience in my life dealing with this company! I tried for 9 months to get my stock transferred over from my transfer agent. The last conversation I had was 4 months ago and they assured me it would be taken care of. I was pissed it was not done because someone I know had done it 3 months prior. Here it is 4 months later and I found out it still was not done. WTF!!!! Now my stock has fallen 80% from when my friend sold his.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I had a fraudulent withdrawal from one account in April. Reported in June. Fidelity agrees, But they have yet to credit me, though they have said that they would.

This is ridiculous; I have had a large account with them for 40 years.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

They restricted trading during the robinhood stocks debacle and 5+ times I've found I couldn't use my margin on trades that their stake holders were holding. They will randomly hold your funds on a transfer when you have a timely investment as they have stake in the market. Thieves.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Very poor customer service: 50 minute waits, calls get disconnected. No call back, you have to start all over with new rep—it’s like they don’t write anything down. For identity theft, the absolute worst!! They were ok with the $6k move that I didn’t do. My Macy’s card called me immediately about a $200 charge! I’m looking forward to never dealing with them again! Prudential and Principal are the best.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

My accounts have been close and they will not pinpoint why. In addition the activities on my account I can not view because I cannot login. There was an email to me saying my statements are available but I can't see it.

Fidelity author review by Clark Kendall

Fidelity Investments is a privately-held full-service financial firm that offers an extensive range of investment options, including online trading, retirement accounts, IRAs, mutual funds, life insurance and more. The company has been in business since 1946 and now serves more than 25 million individual investors. It is headquartered in Boston with locations across the United States.

• Branch locations: Fidelity has nearly 200 branch location across the United States. Investors who want the option to trade online as well as get in-person help from a professional will appreciate this option.

• International trading: Fidelity clients can trade on the stock exchanges in 20 countries, including Hong Kong, Japan, Australia and the United Kingdom. Investors can choose to purchase or cash out stocks in U.S. dollars or the foreign country’s currency.

• Research trial: Account holders at Fidelity have free access to several research tools. They can learn about stocks, EFTs and other investments as well as set up watch alerts. Interested customers can sign up for a free 30-day trial to see whether they find the tools convenient and easy to use.

• Managed accounts: Investors who prefer a hands-off approach can set up a managed account with Fidelity. The company offers five different managed account types with a $5,000 minimum investment.

• Protection Guarantee: Consumers can feel secure with a Fidelity account. The company’s Protection Guarantee ensures that clients are covered if an unauthorized individual makes changes to their account. For full terms and details, visit the Fidelity website.

by Clark Kendall Personal Finance Expert

Clark Kendall has over 30 years of domestic and international investment and wealth management experience, focused on serving Middle-Class Millionaires. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP). He is the president and CEO of Kendall Capital in Washington, D.C., and a member of the Washington Society of Chartered Financial Analysts.

Fidelity Investments Company Information