Fidelity Investments
1.28/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Fidelity Investments

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Fidelity Investments Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

You first must have an investment account. Keeping your retirement there helps. After that, taking advantage of their online banking features is easy. And the account can earn many times the interest of your other bank account.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I have been pleased thus far with my experience with Fidelity. I opened a brokerage account in February, and recently opened a cash management account and awaiting rollover of traditional IRA. The only minor problem experienced with the cash management account were the 4-7 day delays in making deposits from my former bank account into the CM account.

Get expert buying tips about Online Brokers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I was opening a business account and had a lot of back and forth, not having a clear understanding of what documentation was needed to open the account. After several phone calls and several faxes I finally talked to a lady by the name of Steffanie **. She was awesome. She listen to me and took on my issues and promised to help. Even though she didn't know all the answer she went out of her way to get me the right answers. She even offered to follow up with me regarding my issues, which she indeed did. I realized that it really depends on who you spoke with at customer service. My one star experience was turn around by one employee that helped me get the account up and running. My recommendation to the company, assign every new client a person of contact to help them through the account opening process, especially for business accounts.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I am not well versed in finances, but setting up an account online was easy. Fidelity Go allows me to invest the way I want without having to learn and select everything myself. It automatically makes changes based on my age and preferences for risk. I spoke with Lina over the phone to set it up and she was incredibly helpful!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I have never experienced any of the problems listed. 30+ year customer - it is the only brokerage house I trust. They walked me through many transactions over the years - rolled FOUR 401ks to them, setting up a recent Self-Emp 401k... They know their systems, products, and how to treat customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Lies and more lies. Tried to open a simple brokerage account with 10k and ordered a debit card tied to my account. They told me I was not worthy and to take my business elsewhere. Are you kidding me. Go to etrade. They appreciate a quality customer and they actually gave me 2 debit cards and thanked me for my business. I have never had to deal with Fidelity customer service that was full of lies, deception, and fake security. In my opinion they should be investigated by the Attorney General and Securities Commission.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

After using Fidelity as my 401K investment management for 25 yrs, I've decided to roll-over to an IRA account managed by another company. Fidelity informed me that they would charge $25 to have the checks mailed to my residence. So I thought what is the $25 as long as they can securely mail a large amount of money to my home. I was in for a big surprise!

I came home yesterday and found a large envelop lying on the cement in front of the door from fidelity. Inside the envelope, I found 2 checks, one for $508.60 and the other for $272,599.62. Yeah, not a typo! it's a check for $272,599.62 lying on the floor in front of my house. That was how fidelity took care of my money! Never again!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Asset allocation is probably the most important thing about investing and planning for the future. This is also the thing most people put off doing. I have been with Fidelity for decades. I have a Rollover IRA and a current 401(k). Like the experts say - everyone needs to re-evaluate their investments on a yearly basis and invest wisely based your your age etc... I dread the task of going online and re-balancing my portfolio, and/or choosing future elections. The website is clunky and getting final results may take several attempts. It has been this way for years. I usually plan to spend most of a day on it until I finally get NetBenefits to accept my choices and get to where everything is confirmed and can be printed. It would be nice to see some big improvements to the NetBenefits website.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

My name if Lori **. This company is the worst I have ever dealt with. I have been battling with them since August 22, 2019. It is now October 1, 2019. I have sent required forms countless times (at least 5) to start my pension. Each time they find something wrong and send me a letter which takes 6-7 days to reach me. This is delay tactic. The main problem here is they want me to take a lump sum now so they can get away with paying me only a portion of my pension. Many companies are doing that these days. Doesn't much matter if it is legal or not. They don't care.

I have spent hours and hours and hours of time trying to fix this. I get a different answer every time I call. From the moron robot that answers the phone to the representatives to the supervisors, they are completely worthless. Their goal is to give the people so much grief that they eventually give up. I have been lied to countless times and actually caught Angela ** in a lie. She said she didn't have a direct phone line, but she does. It was on one of the documents she send me. I called it and got her voice mail. So now, I have no choice but to turn this over to an attorney. Even if the attorney require half of my benefit, its better than letting Fidelity or their trust keep it.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Over the past five months, I've had countless phone calls with Fidelity trying to simply roll over a 401k from a different institution into a Fidelity IRA. Multiple times, their systems failed and I was never notified that there was an issue. Other times, their customer service representatives told me incorrect directions. I've had to have called them at least 15 times and the problems keep escalating...all from just trying to roll over a 401k. Their customer service representatives are friendly, but can usually not help you and have to put you on hold for a great length of time. Additionally, they're not always well-formed since they have so many call reps in different departments that don't communicate. It just isn't worth it.

Fidelity expert review by Clark Kendall

Fidelity Investments is a privately-held full-service financial firm that offers an extensive range of investment options, including online trading, retirement accounts, IRAs, mutual funds, life insurance and more. The company has been in business since 1946 and now serves more than 25 million individual investors. It is headquartered in Boston with locations across the United States.

• Branch locations: Fidelity has nearly 200 branch location across the United States. Investors who want the option to trade online as well as get in-person help from a professional will appreciate this option.

• International trading: Fidelity clients can trade on the stock exchanges in 20 countries, including Hong Kong, Japan, Australia and the United Kingdom. Investors can choose to purchase or cash out stocks in U.S. dollars or the foreign country’s currency.

• Research trial: Account holders at Fidelity have free access to several research tools. They can learn about stocks, EFTs and other investments as well as set up watch alerts. Interested customers can sign up for a free 30-day trial to see whether they find the tools convenient and easy to use.

• Managed accounts: Investors who prefer a hands-off approach can set up a managed account with Fidelity. The company offers five different managed account types with a $5,000 minimum investment.

• Protection Guarantee: Consumers can feel secure with a Fidelity account. The company’s Protection Guarantee ensures that clients are covered if an unauthorized individual makes changes to their account. For full terms and details, visit the Fidelity website.

• Best for: Fidelity Investment has tools that make it a good choice for all types of investors; its online trading features are best for self-directed investors.

Profile picture of Clark Kendall
      Clark Kendall Personal Finance Expert

Clark Kendall has over 30 years of domestic and international investment and wealth management experience, focused on serving Middle-Class Millionaires. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP). He is the president and CEO of Kendall Capital in Washington, D.C., and a member of the Washington Society of Chartered Financial Analysts.

Fidelity Investments Company Information