Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Suntrust Reviews

Original review: May 17, 2020

If I could give zero stars I would! I was discriminated against, I am currently being falsely accused of committing fraud while I was trying to diversify my bank portfolio! They closed my accounts without any notification, it has been 2 weeks and I have yet to receive a written notice on why my accounts were closed and they are wrongfully holding my funds and refusing to release them to me violating Regulation CC. Filing complaint with the FDIC.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I'm a small business owner trying to survive in the time of COVID-19. A few amazing team-members and I have been working several unpaid hours on a mission to help IT displaced and furloughed workers get back to work to care for their families. Why just IT? My husband was an IT worker for 15 years until he was diagnosed in 2017 at 35 years old with stage 4 pancreatic cancer; he passed just 8 months later. So I know this could have easily been our family affected. He gave so much back to his team and I wanted to do the same.

There's no greater joy during this time then telling someone you have a job for them! I applied for the SBA loan thinking I could offset some of the countless man hours my team has been working off the clock to help these families. I received a small SBA loan, and I was so grateful, then 2 days later Suntrust with no warning terminated my company accounts. I called and they refused to give me any information. Just that they can do so at their pleasing. I would receive a letter and then remaining funds will be sent to me in a check within 30 days! I'm devastated, in time when so many Americans are filing for unemployment and small business are going under, Suntrust can just terminate and delay your funds at will. I've started contacting the media. Maybe they can get answers that we can't.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Every time I want to do online banking it's usually down for maintenance or for some other reason. It's not only me. Many people that I know has the same issues with SunTrust. If this persists I'm going to go to another bank. This is 2020. This isn't brain surgery to correct these issues. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Due to Covid-19 pandemic, I requested a Forbearance Plan with my mortgage Suntrust. They offered me a six-month free of payment. I received a letter informing me that my next payment is due in October, but I am responsible to pay all past due amounts on the account. Needless to say this is not an option, so I am trying EVERYDAY to contact Suntrust to cancel my request. No one answers the phone on the letter. The wait time is EIGHT hours and they ask or your phone number saying they will call you (and never called). Or the email on the letter. I decided to login in my account to make a payment, and the system does not allow me to pay. It prompt to a message to call Customer Service. What else can I do?

Original review: May 1, 2020

So, my employer direct deposited my paycheck on Friday and Suntrust can't locate where my paycheck is and asked me to contact my payroll. I did and my payroll gave suntrust the details where they sent the money to but Suntrust claimed they did not receive the check from my job payroll and my mortgage is due tomorrow 5/1/2020. I have been waiting and contacting the payroll and Suntrust back to back without no solutions. Where is my paycheck at???? I have been talking to 10 different customer service and none of them can help but asking the same questions over and over again.

I even went to Suntrust drive through. They just gave me run around and the guy behind the drive through glass was so unknowledgeable. He just gave me a smirk and said that there's no money deposited to my account and told me to go back to my office to make sure they send my paycheck to my account!!! I told him that I gave my voided check when I was hired and that among all the employees at the building I am the only one who has this issue because I am the only person who uses Suntrust!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suntrust?

Original review: April 28, 2020

We’re a small business...we’ve been banking with Suntrust for 30+ years. We have been virtually ignored for a PPP loan. There was a list to apply, and we were on it early. My officer was far too busy getting money for much bigger companies (she said this to my business partner). We couldn’t even get in touch with her, aside from automated email responses, until they had closed the applications. I should have known...we’ve had at least 20 different officers as staff was shuffled over the past 10 years. I’d call with an issue only to find that our officer was no longer with Suntrust. Never were we automatically assigned a new one, until we called. We’ve had this one for a few years, but it didn’t do us a bit of good. She offered to file a complaint for us as we should have had the chance to apply...like that’s going to be at all helpful. Meanwhile, I’ve had to furlough staff. They aren’t having much luck getting any payments out of Florida Unemployment.

This isn’t our first complaint...several months ago, they held a wire intended for us for a week without ever reaching out. I had to call to get them to release it to us. They would have just held the money in limbo. No reason; they knew it was ours. Their customer service is just that bad. If we do manage to get funded (not via Suntrust), we’ll be taking our business to a bank that isn’t stretched so thin officer-wise. We’re a perfect account, and we expect decent customer service.

Original review: April 25, 2020

In the midst of the Pandemic, as we, who are unemployed, as everyone in my household is at this time, I managed to get my funds together to send SunTrust my mortgage payment on time. I called them and paid them with electronic check. I got Confirmation number, etc.. It's been 2 weeks now and after calling them 8 times and waiting up to 3 hours to speak to someone, my payment has not posted. I have tried and tried and cannot speak to no one. They NEVER return my calls after selecting the option to be called back. I was forced to send another payment to ensure I don't get a late charge and damages my beautiful credit I have worked for 30 years to build up. Yes, not boasting, but 833 is nothing easy to come by and these jerks just keep holding my payment hostage and now I have to make sure I always have an extra $2000 available in my checking account because I have no idea when the incompetent morons will decide to post it.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Suntrust will not protect you from fraud....someone committed fraud against my account for 1999.90 and Suntrust did not help me to get that back? What good is a bank if they don’t protect your cash in a checking account??? I do not recommend this ** bank. Period...hey do not back up or protect you if someone commits fraud against your checking account! I’m done with this untrustworthy bank.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Have had the account for about 3 months. I tried depositing a check from my work, at which point they randomly decided to close my account. They said I violated the agreement, but would not specify exactly how. I haven't done anything abnormal, don't owe anyone any money, and this check came from my job. Just like all my other checks. Literally the worst bank. Now I have to wait a full MONTH to receive my money back. I don't know how I'm going to make it a month with no money. They did something similar to me about 20 years ago, too. I decided to switch to them from Wells Fargo after seeing all the corrupt things about them. Legitimately the worst experience I've ever had with any business, bank or not. Do not bank here. This isn't an isolated case.

Original review: April 21, 2020

TI have been pleased in general with SunTrust but this PPP opportunity was completely rigged against small businesses such as myself. They even sent a ridiculous "fix this" note as an excuse to delay me--even though the information was all there. I'm pissed this bank, along with others, rigged what should have been a fair way for all businesses to benefit in this crisis. Looking to join a class action lawsuit against them for this behavior.

Suntrust Company Information