Formerly SunTrust

Author picture
Written by Sarah Goldy-Brown
Edited by Shawn Richardson

About Truist

Truist Bank is the result of a 2019 merger of BB&T (Branch Banking and Trust Company) and SunTrust Banks. It has branches in many communities as well as a mobile app and online banking. Truist’s services include checking and savings accounts, insurance, credit cards, personal loans, mortgages and retirement services.

Pros

• More than 2,100 branches
  • Free checking for students
  • No overdraft fees
  • Convenient mobile banking

Cons

• $2.50 or $3 fee at non-Truist ATMs
  • Doesn’t have physical locations in every state

Bottom Line

Truist offers bank accounts, investment services, personal loans, mortgages and credit cards. It has more than 3,000 ATMs and 2,100 branches in 17 states and Washington, D.C. Clients can easily avoid account maintenance fees.

Truist Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truist?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truist?

Original review: July 21, 2022

With BB&T 10 years no problems. Truist took over 6 months ago - worst experience. Money missing - no one can find. Account has fraudulent charges. Closing my account when they open at 9 am. I pray for this institution's DEMISE. MAY A PRISON CELL WITH NO GOLF COURSE BE IN THE BOARD MEMBERS NEAR FUTURE. I ask this of the Holy Trinity in Jesus name. AMEN!

Original review: July 19, 2022

HORRIBLE. I had a $17.53 CREDIT on my Mastercard account. Although I had regular payments being made to APPLE every month from the account, they decided to close my credit balance and promised to send me a check within 2-3 weeks! Seriously. I strongly recommend that you NOT use Truist for any of your financial transaction or you may get screwed also.

Original review: July 12, 2022

I opened a business account with Truist on 02/25/22 with an account specialist, ** at the Lake Jeanette branch (3521 N Elm St, Greensboro, NC 27405) . I was contacted 2 weeks later by ** stating he needed me to come in and re-sign the business resolution page as it was not done correctly. I went in and re-signed the document. I was told that our business debit cards would be mailed in a week. After 2 weeks, our cards were still not mailed. I contacted Truist customer care and was told we could not get our business debit cards as there was no business resolution document on file. I called the local branch and left multiple voicemails for ** to call back. I went to the bank two times to speak with someone about the account but on both occasions I went there, there was only one account personnel and was told they were busy, I had to leave because of work.

I was contacted two months later by ** to come in again to re-sign the business resolution and was offered no apology or reasons as to why I needed to re-sign the document. I went in the branch on 7/8/22 to complete the document, I spoke with the branch leader, ** and we found out my account was closed on 6/30/22 due to incomplete documentation and a check was mailed. I recently moved from the address that was on file where the check was supposedly mailed. I received no communication from Truist stating my account would be closed or why it was closed.

According to **, based on what he saw on my file, my account was closed due to incomplete business resolution. I asked ** to query and contact me with his findings. I called and emailed twice 7/11 and 7/12 before I got a response. His response was "the check was mailed". He offered no reason as to why my account was closed. I asked if the check can be cancelled and a new check mailed, his response was "it takes 90 days for the check to be cancelled". I have still not been given a confirmed reason as to why my account was closed and I am without the money that was in the account.

Original review: July 7, 2022

As a small business owner I have banked with BB&T for many, many years. They were outstanding especially to the small business segment. The Truist merger has been the biggest cluster I have experienced. Their on-line banking rollout was premature, poorly tested and full of flaws. Their staff could not help or explain the systems and even today no one is sure of some of the processes. A few months ago during a discussion of an incorrect charge, a Team lead brought to my attention that I am being incorrectly charged a monthly service fee ---- yet after weeks and weeks and weeks, he up through a VP in Florida can not/or haven't gotten around to stopping these charges which escalated this month.

Non returned phone calls grow ---- I would say that my overcharges exceed $1400. Seems Truist has no time for its customers nor interested in correcting customer overcharges. IF YOU ARE SEEKING A PERSONAL BANKING INSTITUTION OR ONE FOR YOUR BUSINESS, #TRUISTDOESNTCARE! (Feel free to share). #BBT #Truist.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I have been a Third National / Suntrust client for 50 years. I have multiple accounts with large balances. I have had loans and mortgages and private bankers throughout the years. I have many automatic transactions which occur. Since Suntrust became Truist, my experience has been ABYSMAL. If I weren't so entrenched, and if it weren't so painful to change, I would have left 6 months ago. Customer service has essentially left the company. When Suntrust formally became Truist, it took me 2 months to get access online to my business account. My "private banker" gave me various 800 numbers to call, but warned me in advance that the wait time would be 45 minutes. The online phone bankers to whom I have spoken speak broken English in thick accents.

I went in to a branch office to wire money. I had all necessary identification, and (this is what is incredible) the branch manager onsite actually knew me. Nevertheless, when it came to wiring the funds, she refused to move forward because I could not list the exact amounts of the three most recent activities on the account.

Just now I tried to gain online access to credit card statements for an elderly relative for whom I am the power of attorney. The necessary documents were on file a year ago and have been resubmitted. After spending an hour on the phone with the 800 number and a Chinese speaking banker (not exaggerating), I again tried the private banker. I was shuttled by email to a higher up "Wealth Support Specialist" in North Carolina who said "We do not have access to this system however you may contact our online banking area at 800-382-3232 for assisting with your request." I cannot say it more vehemently. Go elsewhere. If this review saves one person from getting stuck at Truist, it was worth the time it took to post. Frustrated. Nashville TN.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I have repeatedly had to spend up to an hour or more trying to get any kind of online service. I had Suntrust: for 15 years without any problems. Truist is an abysmal banking system and I am going to cancel my account.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I have no control over my money in this bank. I have been charged several times in one day overdraft fees for the same transaction. I want a refund for the overdraft fees. I had over 90.00 worth of ATM fees. I think they can be more flexible because of Covid.

Original review: June 15, 2022

After a promise from the lender agent, based on the large equity in my condo, and a soft credit enquire, I decided to apply for an equity line, to pay off my credit cards, not only did they use the lowest score outdated by some credit bureau, they ignored the best score updated by Experian, they also did three unnecessary hard enquires, they denied me and refused to removed them, I was a former client of Suntrust, after the merger, I was ripped off with their ridiculous fees, I left them for Chase bank, ever since, I have saved a lot of money for my business, and personal banking needs, Chase process my credit cards for a small fee also, my friend that worked at Truist or Suntrust as a loan processor, was laid off the last December 2021, her work is now done in India, this company is un-American, treats small business in such abuse and discrimination, please save your self, try Chase Bank, I will never use them ever

Original review: June 11, 2022

And we all thought Wells Fargo was a disaster!!! When Suntrust and BB&T merged recently, we were flipping a house in Ocala, Fl. Suddenly our debit card stopped working and declined all the plumbing and electric fixtures we needed for our subs. So we called and after a 38 min phone call, they said to go back to Lowes or Home Depot and try again, "it will work now!". Nope! Did not work. Another 40 min wait to speak to so-called Customer Service and they said OK try again. It will work. Nope, DECLINED!!! So absolutely livid from their lies, we drove 30 mins to a local branch. The employees were being barraged but other angry customers. And we watched as some employees fled to the back offices laughing.

This charade happened maybe 14 times over two weeks! And NOT a single apology from the bank. We could not use our Suntrust card to return goods to Lowes or Home Depot so we had to eat over $300s of merchandise. This is a terrible bank that does NOT care about you or your livelihood. Look elsewhere. I am with a local credit union and they always answer the phone!!!!

Original review: June 11, 2022

Truist blocked Zelle payment, on 06/10/2022, to a friend, which was a reimbursement to him for miscellaneous items he’d picked up for me and paid for using his debit card in the amount of $1,300. Attempted Zelle transfer multiple times as instructed by the message received on the Truist app, with each attempt resulting in failure. Initiated phone call with Truist customer service at 18:44, at 888.228.6654, and was instructed to contact their fraud services department at 800.448.5493. Contacted fraud services at number provided at 19:21, and spoke with the representative. Representative stated the transaction was blocked because they found the amount suspicious. I explained to the representative the situation, and the representative addressed the issue with other members of the fraud services department, and the issue was resolved.

Sent the Zelle payment again, in the amount of $1,300, to reimburse my friend while still on the phone with the fraud services representative, and the transaction was successful. Representative assured me that steps had been taken to prevent like issues happening in the future and that there were no more issues with my account. The fraud services representative stated he had added notes to my account so that if there were any future issues they would be resolved without unnecessarily hindering my account; I informed the fraud services department that it was not the first issue I had with the bank, but one of many (a minimum of 30 issues) that have taken place both prior to (as a BB&T customer) and following the merger that created Truist from BB&T and SunTrust directly by Truist, and that if any further issues were to take place I would be closing all of my accounts with their bank immediately.

The fraud services representative stated he understood my discontent and that he had noted my intent to close all of my accounts if there were any further issues, then apologized for the inconvenience it had caused me. The call was then ended; call lasted 51 minutes. Hold time for call was approximately 38 minutes. Proceeded on my way home. Stopped for gas and put minimal fuel in my truck, enough to make it home, because the fuel prices were considerably cheaper near my home. Stopped at 7 Eleven and attempted to purchase a pack of cigarettes and Monster Energy drink totaling $12 and some change. Debit card was declined at merchant. Attempted same transaction again, as my card occasionally malfunctions and declines, then when run a second time the transaction is approved; however the card was declined once again.

I attempted to access my Truist mobile checking app, and received the message “Account Locked…. Your online access has been blocked. To speak with a representative, please call 800.448.5493. Press option 2 for Checks/ATO/Online & Electronic payments and then press option 3 for Electronic payments like Zelle. Select option 1 for Zelle and RTP. Truist’s Faster Payment Detection representatives are available 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, seven days a week”. Attempted to call this number again to reach their fraud services department, but the time was now 21:58 and outside of their normal business hours. Called Truist's customer service again, as they were the only department currently open, and informed them of the current issue as well the previous issue that I had spent 51 minutes on the phone, both on hold and in speaking, with the fraud services representative resolving earlier that evening.

Was informed that they were unable to unlock my account, and that fraud services would not be available again until Monday morning, 06/13/2022. Customer service representative was able to look up a partial explanation of the reason for my account being locked, which they now stated was frozen due to a suspicious large transaction, and asked me if I had made any large transactions, at which time I once again informed them of the $1,300 I had sent through Zelle to reimburse my friend as well a $6,000 check that had been deposited on 06/08/2022 which had already posted and the funds had been made available. The check in the amount of $6,000 paid to me by a known source and fully in my name, and had not caused any issues with the account.

I contend that Truist Bank is willfully attempting to commit consumer fraud, by attempting to prevent lawful transfer of personal funds reimburse a friend for purchases made on my behalf with his own money, and once said issue with transfer the Zelle transfer was resolved willfully chose to commit further consumer fraud, for the purposes of creating hardship through retaliation, by freezing my account on 06/10/2022 under the new guise of a “suspicious” $6,000 check that had been deposited on 06/08/2022 and had already been posted to my account and the funds having already been made available.

This freezing of my account was done after notes had been added on it for fraud services representatives to see (or so I was informed by the fraud services representative earlier on 06/10/2022) that I would be immediately closing all three of my Truist accounts due to considerable ongoing serious issues with their bank, and I believe, given the timing, it was done solely in retaliation for my noted intent to close all of my accounts with Truist Bank if any further issues should take place.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I have been a Suntrust customer for years and never had any problems. I recently needed to open a new account and decided to open it through Truist. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!!! When with Suntrust I deposited paper checks the day after I opened the account with no issues. I opened an account Truist at the end of May and because it's a "new account" they are holding a payroll check until the middle of June... With no reason besides the system decided to hold it and there's nothing we can do. When asked why I wasn't notified, I was told that it would be sent to me through either mail or email. I will be closing my account once they decide to let my check go!

Original review: June 6, 2022

Shaquille from the contact center was very informative and polite!! He helped me through a scary fraud situation with exemplary professionalism. Dyesel however was very frustrated with me for asking questions, was not friendly, gave me wrong information, and she hung up on me. Your company needs more employees like Shaquille and not Dyesel!!

Original review: May 30, 2022

Since the migration of SunTrust online banking to Truist online system, I have not been able to access statements or tax documents for some accounts. During tax prep season, I couldn't access the tax forms online. The site said "Documents for Brokerage Accounts are temporarily unavailable". Not only was the account NOT a brokerage account (which led me to call the wrong customer support number based on the contact info on the site), "temporarily unavailable" is still the message after over 2 months of trying to access the document.

Because of the misleading message, I first called the customer service line for Brokerage Accounts. After a long hold time, the rep told me the account I was calling about was NOT a Brokerage Account so I should call the regular Banking customer service number. I asked if he could transfer me (and was surprised he hadn't offered to do so at once), which he did. I then had a second long queue to wait in.

That customer service representative was able to recreate the problem from his system. I asked for a printed version to be mailed to me at the address on my account. That was about 10 weeks ago and I haven't received the tax document yet. And the system is still not able to access the tax documents for the account in question, and still has the misleading message about Brokerage Accounts. I've encountered other issues with automated payments as well (paying out of the wrong account, for example.)

I have just completed a formal letter of complaint to send to the bank, telling them what I need them to do and that if I don't get a resolution within a specified timeframe, I will file a complaint with FDIC and CFPB. I think the Federal government needs to take action especially when it involves critical documents for filing income taxes.

By the way, they closed the SunTrust branch which was the "home" for multiple accounts I have with them, but did NOT communicate by email or USPS mail the location of the branch(es) nearest me. Finally, I couldn't find a physical mailing address on their site, so had to do an internet search to find where to send my letter. I'm not sure these days whether a written letter is still taken with seriousness, but I figured I might as well try that before submitting the complaint to the regulatory agencies. This level of service is totally unacceptable.

Original review: May 27, 2022

I was really happy with SunTrust and my local branch. Not only has the Truist merger been an absolute disaster in all ways and lowered customer service expectations overall, but the branches now have no control over anything to help when Truist messes up your account. The outsourced call center is a joke, so there's no way to get anyone to address any real issues.

At the branch level, there is literally one local branch person who seems to know what he's doing, and he's not the manager. The manager, Darlene, apparently can't deal with the slightest amount of stress, thinks no matter how rude she's being that if she says "sir" she's being polite, and has literally hung up on me while in the middle of answering her question after interrupting me to tell me she's too busy to finish the conversation. *click* Darlene and her disrespect are the last straw in a huge pile of Truist customer service straws for me. I was with SunTrust for eight years. I can't move away from Truist fast enough.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Bank error. Sent a double mortgage payment. Called the next day to resolve issue. They said it would be corrected asap. Called over a week later. Told check sent to me 2 days prior. No check 10 days. Called, told check went out 2 days prior. 7 days no check. Followup call told check sent to payer. Called payer, they don't send or receive checks. All electronic. Called again. No resolve. 5 calls 20 days. Each time asked for supervisor, told they'd call me. Never did. I am senior on fixed income with significant amount out of budget. Of no consequence to Truist. Avoid this bank at all costs. Had SunTrust but they were taken over.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I was a SunTrust customer for over 20 years and never had a problem. Since SunTrust merged with Truist there have been nothing but problems. The one that infuriates me the most is how I've been charged $12 fees 4 times because I deposited four dividend checks of $2.81 that for reasons that are still not clear to me those checks did not go through. So, for a deposit of under $11 I was charged $48!!!

Regardless of all other considerations, Truist has a policy that they waive any and all return fees for items under $5 - it's in print all over their website. Yet, I have been to the bank twice and spoken on the phone with them 4 times. Every time I speak to them, I have to wait at minimum a couple of hours before the person trying to help me can even figure out what's going on. Then every time they give me a different reason for those fees being there, tell me "it will be taken care of" or "we will call you back as soon as the investigation is finished" and they never do anything.

They even accused me of having tried to deposit the same check four times which was not only false but outrageous - after 4 hours on the phone with them, they finally acknowledged that it was four different checks, but they did not apologize for making me out to be a fraud, and surprise, they charged me with an additional $35 for "image fees."

It took a three-hour trip to a brick and mortar bank to have that "image fee" removed but those other fees are still there, the bank manager assuring me it will be done at the end of the day -- two weeks ago. This is how you treat a customer you've had for over 20 years? This is only one problem. My husband's social security pension was rejected by Truist for no reason. Truist had the gall to blame Social Security, when he's been receiving his check at the same account for the last five years. These are just a few of the problems. It goes on and on and on and on. They never apologize, and they never fix any of the problems they create. And worse of all, they take your money. This is not a place where you want to keep your money. Go somewhere else. Plenty of good banks out there.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I was a client for years before the merger. A few years ago fraud attempts were blocked by the bank and I disputed fraudulent transactions, telephone banker wasn't concerned it happened twice in the same year. I opened an account online and called to find it Truist had no record of the account. Debit cards didn't work on several occasions. I decided to close accounts, several branches when asked the same questions stalled about withdrawals or were rude, argumentative, weren't knowledgable about products.

Original review: May 9, 2022

We have had nothing but trouble working with Truist. We wish our mortgage wasn't sold to these guys. Everything is difficult with them. The online accounts from setup to login to doing things is awful. Their phone system isn't any better. I swear these guys don't want you to pay them. In order to pay our mortgage, we usually have to try online a few times with errors than to try the phone payment with errors and then wait on hold until we get someone. We've tried autopay, which was a fail. I've never experienced a mortgage company that is so exhausting to pay each month. If I could move the mortgage Ioan I would do it in a heartbeat.

Original review: May 4, 2022

FYI...AVOID TRUIST BANK AT ALL COSTS! One star rating is waaaayyy too generous! This bank is the absolute worst of ANY bank! Long story as short as possible...customer service # non-reachable, hold times over an hour long & then hung up on, branch employees non-reachable by phone, wait times in line at branch very excessive. When customer passes away & family is told to bring copy of death cert to branch to note acct, keep getting calls stating past due & you tell them death cert on file & acct noted (as told to family by branch mgr), person calling states nothing noted on acct, family takes total of 4 death certs to branch mgr & told each time acct is noted as deceased, then acct is turned to collection for non-payment, adding additional fees to the deceased person's acct, trying to draft payments from a closed out acct, incurring more fees, then tries to collect from estate that has nothing to collect from...

THIS IS TERRIBLE SERVICE & SHOWS JUST HOW MESSED UP YOUR BANK IS!!! At time customer opened up the loan acct (family member was also present & heard the statement, so there's no denying it), was told by loan officer that should something happen to customer before note was paid off, since no collateral or co-signer on acct, it would be written off with copy of death cert...NOT TRUE! 4 COPIES OF DEATH CERT & NOTES ON ACCT MEAN NOTHING TO THIS TERRIBLE BANK!!!

What about the feelings of the family member bringing the death cert copies repeatedly to the branch? Truist put this acct into collections knowing the person was deceased & having 4 copies of death cert on file & acct noted as such, you're even adding on fees to a deceased acct!!! No one can give us the name & # of Pres/CEO to try & fix this, just keep referring back to non-existent customer service! I'm contacting my local tv consumer news anchor to hopefully air this story & bring awareness of the tactics of Truist bank!!! LET'S SEE HOW LONG YOU KEEP THE NEWS WAITING WHILE TRYING TO COVER THE STORY! AVOID THIS BANK!!!

Original review: April 22, 2022

As I am writing this, I have been on the phone for over an hour and a half, spoken to two different people who have told me I have called the wrong department. Wait. I just got hung up on again. FML. Why can’t I get some help from this company? Over $1000 stolen out of my account and they don’t care. I have spent over 10 hours trying to speak with someone and it always ends the same way. Click. Click. Dial tone. The good news is that when you sit on hold, you hear a recording telling you how much you are helping Truist eliminate debit card fraud….

Original review: April 21, 2022

The online banking is the worst experience I ever had. It gives out limited information on your activity. They have no chat and if I call customer service it is a 1 hour wait. They should have used Suntrust format. Theirs sucks!!

Original review: April 18, 2022

If I could give them negative 10 stars I would. It's like banking in 1975. The very worst customer experience ever. My local branch does not even answer the phone. The 800# hangs up on you repeatedly. Best bet is chat, but you will not like their answers. They hold deposits for 7 days or longer randomly. It takes 7 banking days to set up a transfer account from a non-truist financial institution. I am ready to report them to the feds for holding my money hostage. With so many banking options, run from this one as fast as you can and do not look back.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I have had to redo all my accounts with a credit card that were being debited from my checking account because Truist sent the new debit card to the wrong address. When I finally realized this I called and they said they would send out a new one. (It would have been good if they sent me an email saying to expect a new card but they didn't.) In the meantime my Suntrust (Suntrust became Truist when they merged) debit card would no longer be valid. That was over 6 weeks ago. I never received it. I called yesterday and confirmed that they had the correct address and they did. They said they would send out yet another one and I said I wanted it overnighted. They said that they could not do that. Needless to say I am switching banks asap. Don't go near this bank!!

Original review: April 12, 2022

My wife and I bank with Suntrust, Clermont, Florida recently changed to Truist. We have a business account and personal account. We have a line of credit for personal and business. I have a business in the UK with services provided by our USA operation. We prepay our suppliers and as such it leaves us with cash flow imbalance so we use our line of credit. Our personal line of credit offers a lower rate of interest so that is our first choice. Each week we take funds from our line of credit but at the end of the week we repay all or most of the loan via a bank wire transfer to the Florida business account. The money is credited to that account instantly. Money is immediately paid to the personal account and from there to the line of credit to bring down to zero. Truist have now decided that such funds require 5 days to be credited to the account.

In addition their system does not allow us to make use of the business line of credit online. Their understanding of banking systems makes me scratch my head, why do the banks bother employing idiots who do not understand. I tried to rationalize by telling the bank that if the funds are there in the business account, what prevents me from asking for a large sum of money in cash and then depositing the same into another account which would be credited instantly. Do they understand? NO. They want to charge interest on money they are holding back! Get with it Truist, this is the 21st century!

Original review: April 11, 2022

I deposited a check for $15,000 on April 7th to cover a large ECH that was scheduled to hit the account on the 11th. The check was written against my investment account at UBS. Truist cashed the check, deposited it to my account and then put $14,900 on administrative hold until April 15th. The check cleared UBS on April 8th but Truist refused to release the hold. I spent more than two hours online and on the phone with the bank and another 45 minutes in the branch. NO ONE WOULD RELEASE THE HOLD! It's important to note, that over the past year, I have transferred through EFT's or deposited checks, a total of $179,000 from UBS to SunTrust now Truist.

To solve the problem, I had UBS transfer another $15,000 to Truist to cover the ECH so they now have $39,900 of my money but the ECH was denied. To add salt to the wound, they just denied a debit card payment to my insurance company. It is so difficult to change banks today because of all the automated transactions. I will, however, begin that process today. (PS. I had banked with SunTrust for over 15 years with no significant problems!)

Original review: April 8, 2022

They have the worst customer service. I would give them ZERO if it is possible. Their hold time is always like an hour. The last time, I was waiting in line for 55 minutes. You have to spend the whole day just to resolve a simple issue.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I wish I could leave a no star review. They lost a $30,000 check when I tried to deposit it. I had to go to the branch and force the manager to go and find where the teller had accidentally dropped the check days before and never deposited it. Their online portal does not say that your credit card payment did not go through, then it did not say that it was late. They reported a 30 day late payment on my credit report. I have had perfect credit for 20 years with no problems. I called to try and dispute this and no one cares. They completely botched the merger with BBT and Suntrust. Accounts are incorrect and labeled wrong. Savings accounts are now checking accounts and vice versa. This is a company that truly does not care about the consumer. I would not recommend them to anyone. Beware!

Original review: March 30, 2022

Takes a minimum of 25 minutes on hold every time I call. Their online system has parts unavailable so you have to call. Their chat function is really only a message service so someone can contact you in 2 days. When my mortgage was transferred to them, they didn't send out the welcome package until after the first payment due date. Overall they seem unwilling to interact with clients.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I have been trying to resolve this issue with TRUIST Bank. I used to love SUNTRUST. I came to them when I was unhappy with BB&T long ago. The relationship has been flawless till BB&T calling themselves TRUIST happened. I have multiple businesses and applied for the PPP loans thru my bank SUNTRUST. It was chaotic to say the least getting all the required documentation that they wanted but finally they said they had all they needed. I was given both loans for both businesses. I submitted the appropriate paperwork for the forgiveness packages which really was the EZ forms because the loans were small. I received two FORGIVENESS Letters from the Portal and one of them seems to be forgiven but the other one seems to be an issue because they say I have a PPP loan with another lender???? They are the only lender and it is for 2 businesses.

I have the letter on TRUIST letter head saying balance is $0 and they have now deleted that letter and say that it is not forgiven and they are calling the LOAN DUE IN FULL plus INTEREST with threats to pursue me. I try to go direct to the SBA and TRUIST is not signed up for DIRECT Forgiveness so I have to go thru TRUIST. But no one will listen to me or even cares about the approval I was given. BOTH LOANS should have easily been forgiven. All documents were submitted. I need help. No one will listen. I went to the BRANCH and no one could help me. The day I was there last week the 3 people in front of me were closing their accounts. I closed 2 of mine. I still have multiples with TRUIST. This will change as soon as I can put my businesses on with a different lender. How do you get their attention. If they don't believe their own documents what else can I do.

Original review: March 24, 2022

My credit profile has been bad, until the last 2 years. I did improve my situation, went from a credit score of 538 to 737. I moved to Florida back in March 2021 and bought the house I was renting in October 2021. I decided it was time to ditch the bank I have in Michigan. Granted, they are great, but I did not desire to go with Wells Fargo, Bank of America, or Chase, as sometimes the big banks lose vision on who their most important customer base is. Truist seemed logical. They are where I am at and they have an established reputation from SunTrust and BB&T and they support the LGBT community in the southern communities, which is vitally important to me.

So, I first applied for a credit card. I mean, honestly, I have been declined for a credit card from all of them so how would Truist be any different? They so much were. To my astonishment, they approved me and the limit was set a shocking amount - $ 4500. I went ahead and opened a checking and savings account which was seamless. Then I felt emboldened, why not open a 2nd credit card with with Truist? The worse they can say is "NO". They didn't. They mirrored the 2nd approval from the first, so now I have two credit cards with $ 4500 limits each. It means that I will be closing out smaller limit cards and be content with what Truist has offered. Life is about simplifying and Truist seems to helped with this. Making things easier from 2 levels seem to work for me. My bank is now local, where I can walk in and talk to local representatives if I should need it and have credit cards with a local bank just seems logical and better on many levels.

Truist Company Information