PNC Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My wife and I were customers of PNC bank since it was called Flagstar. We each had checking accounts. We complained about the branch manager located Holcomb Bridge and Grimes Bridge in Roswell Georgia because she and her staff would refer customers, including ourselves, to other branches on Mansell Road and Crossville Road contending they were too busy. This was their response for service in the bank or at the drive-through window. The branch manager there also refused to decorate this bank for any holiday, including Christmas, because she indicated she did not believe in such celebrations. She also allowed an English as a Second Language school to use the PNC parking lot for their students impacting PNC customers.

When we complained about her to the regional branch manager, he and other bank management retaliated and closed our respective accounts, informing me, instead of my wife, about her account (which is very chauvinistic). They indicated that this was their prerogative and that they were not accountable to the Federal Reserve, the Office of the Controller of the Currency, or any other regulatory agency. They are the worst.

PNC has taken everything from me, they overdraft my account over 600 dollars in a month. I'm here crying because they have no heart and won't even listen to my plea, I work hard to catch up with my bills all they do is take take take from me. Thanks to them my kids won't have any Christmas this year. My son's birthday is next week and the little money I hoped on using for him PNC have robbed me off it, all in the name of overdraft fees. I'm crying uncontrollable as I type this. This bank should be investigated for this act of wickedness. No one's hard earned money needs to be taken like this, within a blink of an eye! I can't even pay my rent now either! These people have ruined my life.

I live in Fredericksburg VA. Never go to the Southpoint PNC bank or any PNC bank. First someone got my debit card and was having a joy. I called as soon as I saw the fraud charges got a new card and had my money returned. Then if fraud or typing error I don't care someone had my whole account # and made checks with a totally different bank. I immediately went to the Southpoint branch closed that account and opened a new one. Ever since then I have had nothing but issues. First the manager assured me the PNC loan I have would be transferred to the new account. That was never done. Then for some reason the loan was taking money out of the supposedly closed account. So long story short I have $134 removed from my open account to make up for all the over draft fees to a closed account.

I called and spoke to Sheena in the escalate department on Tuesday. She assured me everything would be refunded by Wednesday. Here I am on Thursday not hearing back from Sheena. I call again and speak to someone new and she informs me there is no note on my account that Sheena ever did any request with my refund. So yet again I have to wait till I get my money back.

First, they fraudulently put my business address/building on my home equity loan because, I assume, I own it free and clear. They were eager to lend me money on that building, but I caught this at closing, and had them put in the correct home address. They then had the nerve after they had initially approved my loan to then deny me the home equity loan! None of the information was different, but they wanted my commercial business building and tried the old "bait and switch" tactic. When I complained about this in writing, they just ignored the complaint.

Now, I just discovered another unethical practice they use to bilk their customers. I keep track of my balance every time I put money in PNC and immediately replenish money if I think there is even a remote chance that any of my checks will bounce. But, I have an overdraft protection line of credit that is directly connected to my checking account at a whopping 19% interest, so I am very careful about keeping the checking account solvent. Imagine my shock and ire when I got a $36 fee for exceeding the $500 limit in my overdraft protection. Then, I got a letter that I owed $256 on my overdraft.

When I went to talk to the manager at the Camp Hill, PA branch she informed me that I owed over $500 in overdraft. Evidently they pick overnight when the checks clear, and NOT INFORMING THE CUSTOMER, they then keep crossing my checks in the middle of night and thus charging more fees and interest. Even though my checking account showed a healthy balance, they were secretly using the account to get their fees and almost usurious interest rate for a month without my knowing about it. Quite ingenious way they fleece the public. I immediately paid off the overdraft "protection" account with cash, and they dropped the $36 as a "courtesy" but when I requested a mere $500 increase in the overdraft protection amount to stave off another of these travesties, the lousy bank denied my so called "loan" request!!!

I asked the man what interest rate I was getting and at what levels, on my Premiere Mny Mkt acct. He responded that it was.75 % with a balance over 50,000. Then I checked my statement and it was only.13%. Upset, I checked the details online to find that I would need to add a direct deposit (regularly occurring) like with my Mutual Fund IRA withdrawal totaling more than $5,000, apparently. This was unprofessional of him not to point that out to me, and I look very suspiciously now on the viability of keeping them as my bank for keeping my cash central accounts. This was the Randall Rd. South Elgin (or Elgin) branch in front of Menards in Elgin, Il.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

I'm a single mom living from penny to penny. I had a check for $20 came through my account that the bank paid out. I was waiting on my child support payment come in to cover the expenses but it was late... money that I was waiting on to pay my rent. PNC took almost half of my child support money to pay for over $200 of over draft fees that they had charged to my account within a week. When I call them to asked why I was been charged $7 a day plus $28 every other day they told me that was how it is.

I must admit, I'm chuckling at the greed and stupidity of PNC. Let me share my experience. I lost my debit card and immediately reported it so that no fraud would occur and so I could order another. PNC did just that along with charging a $7.50 replacement card fee. Let's step back in consider the customer unfriendly action: 1. I reported the card to avoid fraud. Had I not done so, thousands of dollars of costs could have been incurred by PNC since in Maryland we are only liable for the first $50. It would seem my reward for being responsible was a $7.50 fee. 2. I have two accounts and two mortgages with PNC. Last year I paid btw $35,000 & $40,000 in interest to PNC. Moreover, I don't bounce checks, make late payment and do not even use the tellers but do all of my transactions electronically or through ATMS. It's probably safe to say PNC makes close to $50K per year from my business.

NOT ANYMORE: When I saw the fee and got the push back from PNC, I reached out to a mortgage company who is happy to refi my loans, actually at a lower rate. Moreover, the bad will I will put forth will certainly cost them future and perhaps current customers. To PNC I say... enjoy the $7.50. Um $7.50 vs $50K vs good will... I'd sell my stock if you have any.

I have been a member on and off since 2008. Every time I join their bank I remember why I should have never joined to begin with. I currently live in Pittsburgh and thought I should give them a chance. I ran into some financial problems after my house required work to be done and my tenant had to unexpectedly leave. I called PNC and let them know of this problem back in August. I deposited money and decided that I would close my account. They were unable to until I waited one business day. One other account that has been linked to this account since 2010 came out automatically causing me to not be able to close out my account. Currently I have experienced $1038 in fees in the year of 2016 just from the month of June until now.

Will make this short. They have been proven to be cheaters and scammers and they stole my money and used extortion from a Baltimore MD lawyer so I would not sue them. My attorney very ineffective. We all need to email the Consumer Federal Protection Bureau and file a class action suit. I am not sure if the Federal trade commission has anything to do with it or not. I suggest we all file and I have also file with the OCC and told them I am tired of the collusion and corrupt government practices. PNC is insured, so instead of giving small amount I will file criminal charges and go for big bucks. If anyone supports the CFPB action, please comment.

I just closed out my accounts without being paid with interest. The manager Brian ** reasoning was accrued interest was not posted in the computer and he did not even know when they would post, which is unheard of and very unprofessional. I emphasized that the was the 2nd time I came back to the branch to do this, and all banks are able to calculate our total interests whenever customers need to close out accounts. He ignored what I said and basically told me to close out without taking 1-mo worth of interests with me.

I have used PNC Bank since the fall of National City Bank. From that time PNC has been nothing but a headache. Dealing with PNC Bank takes forever and as a customer I received different answers on questions depending on the branch or person I spoke to. My banking with PNC did consist of a business checking account, business savings account, business credit card account, and two business mortgage accounts. On the person side with PNC I had two checking accounts and a savings account. My kids also both had checking accounts with PNC.

My first house mortgage with the business was a terrible experience. The person working with me directly made promises she did not fulfill, timelines that were nowhere near what she promised, and lost documents more than twice which left me unsatisfied and when I mentioned these problems I was apologized to and moved on. After the first business mortgage I assumed I had a single bad experience and decided to give PNC a try for the second time. I assumed this would be an easy transaction since all my other accounts were there and switching banks would be a huge undertaking. To my surprise I received the same treatment. Following that problem I went to a PNC branch and spoke with a lady who was more than accommodating. She did the best she could do to put PNC in a positive light with respect to what happened and even convinced me to open a business credit card account.

As result of her doing so well with helping me out I did open a business credit account which I was very pleased with for only a couple of months. One day when I went to use my business credit card at a store for supplies the card was declined. I knew the card was nowhere near maxed out and the declination must be the result of a security feature, which was not a problem at the time. I was actually somewhat pleased and assumed PNC was watching out for me. Therefore I called the number on the back of the card and spoke to someone who said my credit card number had been stolen and the card had been maxed out. At this point I assumed there was still not a problem and PNC would simply fix the mistake. Then I was told PNC could not immediately fix the problem and it would take a couple of weeks. At this point I was inconvenienced but still not the end of the world; I paid for my materials and moved on with life.

I continued to check on the status of the card and each time I called the credit department I was given different answers. Finally when someone would answer my questions as to when the card account would be corrected I was again told a couple of weeks. Then when I asked how the card number was stolen I was told the bank did not know. I was also told the card number is supposed to be unhackable as a result of a double account number. Which meant nothing to me not being a banker but assumed it was for my own good.

I called back a period of time later to again check on the account. I spoke to a different person and asked how the account number was taken and used. The person on the phone told me they did not know, their security team was looking into the problem and they suspected someone on the inside of taking the account number.

Nonetheless the problem was resolved and life continued on and the account was reactivated. I used the account for purchases over the next month and checked the card online. After I used the card the balances were not showing up on the account side of the card to make a payment. I called the branch; they told me there was nothing they could do about the charges not showing up on the account. I let a week or so go by and still the charges were not showing up on the account and I had been told every excuse you can think of as to why. It was everyone’s fault by PNC’s. Finally, I called the number on the back of the card and explained again PNC was not charging me for items I was purchasing so I stopped using the card and the money was kept aside in an account.

Next, two months later I got a notice my card was over the limit and I was being charged overage charges and fees. At this point I lost my mind. Called PNC, explained the situation and I’m assuming they did not believe me nor did they have my recorded calls of me telling them they were not charging me for items I was buying. I called and offered to pay to close the card and the account, explained the security issues and asked they remove the interest and the fees they put on the account. PNC refused to do any of this even after explaining the problem several times. They simply did not care, it was their fault. I would absolutely agree if I were the one that screwed up.

Further, the debit cards. I use my debit card several times a day; often to buy fuel. For an unknown reason gas pumps do not care for worn out cards therefore I go through about three to four debit cards a year. With my work schedule and finding a PNC Bank going into the branch to request a debit card was difficult. I was never in the right place at the right time. I called the branch I attended when I could explained why I was having a hard time making it to the branch and asked if they could mail me a card. I was told several times no.

My wife (who shares all the same accounts as I do) called the number on the back of the card, asked for a card and the thing was in the mail in no time. Then after an argument between us, me accusing her of lying for being able to call the number on the back of the card to replace the card and her accusing me of the same for saying she would never get a card without going to the branch I called the number and got a new card mailed to me in no time.

Next issue. My son had a checking account that was linked to ours; I believe it’s called a virtual wallet so my wife could teach him paying bills etc. To my knowledge this account went smooth. However, three years later when we attempted to get the same account for my daughter my wife was told my daughter could not have a checking account because she was under 18. This sounded crazy and we knew she could have an account it’s advertised online. My wife went to another branch and set the account up no problem.

Finally, for a third mortgage. Now having even more accounts with PNC and keeping my fingers crossed I was going to cross this bridge again; dumb move. Here is how it went. I was requesting a $27,000.00 preapproval letter to buy an income property. I called the number for the mortgage section from online because from the last two experiences I did not want to deal with a branch. I scanned and set over all the information the lady requested. The second day I told her I wanted to add my business income to the figures, she said "no your income will cover what you need to do, everything looks good."

Next day, I get a call back asking for the property address of my business. No problem I supplied the addresses and all the financial information that goes with those. Three days later she called me back and advised houses that I own free and clear I could not use because I have not owned them for more than two years, therefore that could not be configured in the numbers and she asked me for a statement from a retirement account. No problem I sent over a statement advising I had approximately 25,000.00 in it. I was only requesting a total of 27,000.00 and did not intend on taking from the 25,000.00, on top of that the property I wanted the money to buy had a much higher value than 27,000.00 which was more than I was going to have to pay.

PNC called me back and told me they were declining my loan, but my credit score was excellent which did not make any sense to me but ok. I was referred to another financial institution by a friend and told to give this guy a call. I explained the situation to the new guy. He said doesn’t sound like a problem at all and this time I requested 70,000.00 to buy houses. He requested I email over my previous years taxes via a secure email, which PNC does not have. Probably why the business credit account was hacked and asked I complete a couple questions on an application.

For this transaction it is important to note, I have NEVER been to the bank before, never called, have not received junk mail, I did not even know they existed. The guy called me back 2.5 hours later and asked me when and how I wanted my money. I was blown away. That is service. With that being said no matter what it takes I’m switching all the accounts from PNC to the new bank. Someone that wants and appreciates my business as I do for my customers.

I called up their Irvine, CA office and was promised 2.75% rate fixed for 9 years with no closing costs. Too good to be true as I was suspicious with the loan officer and trying to be positive and thinking because I've been with this company from the very beginning and also refinanced 6 years ago for 15 years with the same company. I just went ahead and waited 2 months before I was told that my rate would be 3.675% and with $2,000 closing costs which is horrible because I have a very clean loan (never took money out from my mortgage) with very good credit score. And why the hell would I go ahead with it when I only have 9 years more to pay it off!

These loan officers just wanted some money from me and thinking I'm just stupid to listen to their lies and jokes! To make the story short I didn't continue with the loan and I really wanted to see a lawyer and sue them for damages for all the troubles that I went through trying to comply with all their requirements. I would never recommend anyone to PNC Bank!!

PNC needs to stick to their policy they provide for their customers. I have been a member for quite some time and NEVER had an issue when I use my debit card during the week after hours and on the weekend. All of a sudden now there is a cut off time on Friday that extends until Monday morning for when you use your debit card and it's not calculated until Monday Morning. I never had an issue with this before and their fees are ridiculous. $36.00 for a NSF fee and $36.00 for return check fee and $7.00 a day for a late fee charge. If you have money in your reserve and let's say not enough to cover a ACH they will stop the check charge you a $36.00 return check fee and a $36.00 NSF fee, will not pull money from your Main account to cover it and then continue to charge you $7.00 per day on top of all of that.

Now if the same thing happens in your main account, they will cover the ACH amount (even though you will be in negative for the ACH amount) charge you whatever the amount is for the ACH PLUS the $72.00 which is $36 twice along with the $7.00 per day until it's paid. PNC is ripping the middle class hard workers off! I had fraudulent activity on my "joint" account with an associate of mine so I took them off of my account closed the account and opened a new account. PNC then eventually reopened that account without my knowledge because of the ACH and then closed this account again within about 13 days. I was advised all was well and done and that my name was not on any other accounts with this associate.

Well the associate had their own account and I was listed for minor services as in the event something happened in death etc, well their account became negative and per PNC customer service once an account is in the negative after 14 days it closes out (SUPPOSEDLY). Well PNC tracked my account down where I'm listed alone and took $500.00 from my account to pay this negative balance in this associate's account without my knowledge (this associate's account has been negative for 26 days) now my account is negative due to the transactions I made which should have cleared because I had more than enough money to cover it before this $1,000 hold on my account to cover a $500.00 debt from someone else's account that I was listed on. Not to mention, I COULDN'T EVEN ACCESS MY ACCOUNT FOR 3 DAYS!!! Now I would understand if the account was from an outside bank but it's PNC to PNC.

It's sad they have to collect money like this from individuals. I plan on posting this on social media and getting the news involved. This site has 699 700 complaints, including mine, on the unfair treatment to their dedicated customers. The kicker is that associate's Reserve account was negative and they just took over $70.00 from my Reserve account to pay that balance so the balance was $-1.56. The associate went to pay this balance today 09/29/2016 and their account is now clear. They left the bank but went back to make sure the account was CLOSED OUT! Now the PNC representative states they need to wait until tomorrow 09/30/2016 until the CASH payment of $1.56 that was given has posted to the account. Since when has a cash deposit NOT been available to you on the same day you deposit the money into an account - NEVER! It's just ridiculous and a complete RIP OFF.

Then you have EVERY LAST customer service agent telling you different information when you call in. I can call and hang up just to keep calling back and all 20 people will tell you something different. Nothing is in order and there is NO structure, no mandatory guidelines and everything seems to change on a daily basis, just to pacify the customer with a complaint. The only ones affected are us, the consumers that put tons of money into this raggedy piece of a bank called PNC BANK!!! I wonder what Robert Q Reilly, the CFO of PNC Bank, thinks of all of this...or has he turned a blind eye to how his low level employees treat the hard-working customers who keep the bank afloat! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

This card is a nightmare... Every time I try using it rather than to pay for something... like Deposits of checks or cashing checks, the rules always change... I cashed a Refund check from our Ins Co, a few days ago by going to the bank, then we received another check, and sent my husband to cash and IT WAS A DISASTER. I realize that we have this because of past mistakes, but please make the rules and regs and stick to them... Please... It's already frustrating for the customers to have to bank in this manner. Can we just once be made to not have it so complicating & disappointing.

I had my debit card. Was involved in an internet scam and fund were withdrawn from my checking account in the amount of $1100.00. Once I was able to maneuver through PNC's crappy phone system and speak to a live person. They of course couldn't help me. I had to wait until the fraudulent debits posted. Once they posted, I had to go back through PNC's phone hell to be bounced around from department to department to finally be told no one had an idea when I would get my money.

I went to the local branch and branch manager said she would call me the next day. She never did, so I called her and she said she would call the next week. She never called. It's now been 23 days since the debits posted and I when I called today, still no idea when the investigation would be complete or when I would get my money. But they were able to close my account and not tell me. PNC is useless! They are using their power as a big bank to steal their customer's money. Do not bank with them. I am still waiting for my money.

I did an online chat telling the agent I had been charged twice by my cell phone carrier and the carrier told me I had to notify my bank. He reviewed my account and saw the 2 charges. I asked what could be done and he explained, all in writing that if I filed a fraud charge my card would be closed. I told him, "no, I do not want to do that as it would leave me with no access to my money." I bank online with Virtual Wallet. There is no branch near me, just ATMs in CVS and Harris Teeter. He said he understands and that he could fill it out since it wasn't fraud and was just a double charge. He then said he had completed and I could possibly get paperwork in the mail. I thanked him.

To my utter surprise I went to use my debit card the next day and it was declined 3 times. I called the number on the back, was sent to a branch who said she could not help me. She told me to call again. I did. I was told after a long wait that my card was suspended and they could mail me another in 5-8 days. I said that was not acceptable as I had no way to access my money and no way to get gas, food etc for me and my son. I told the lady I specifically told the man yesterday I did not want to file anything if my card got canceled that I would need to go get money first. He assured me him filing it would not affect my card. So he flat out lied. She said he did not cancel card, their fraud department did. Passing blame around not caring the huge impact they had by not allowing me access to my funds. They said they cannot undo a Fraud alert. We all know it is a punch of a button.

In this day with computers, they very well can reactivate a card in a split second. Especially when it was their error. But they refused to. Also, should they not have verified by a telephone call to me before canceling my one and only means of access to MY money? Just all around a failure of customer service. They care no one bit about customers and I will close my account as soon as I get my new card. Until then, a bank is holding my money without my consent. No wonder everyone hates big banks. I am so very disgusted with everyone I encountered.

PNC Bank as a whole is just another crooked financial institution that is set on stealing your money anyway they can - after trying to establish some credit I decided to close my account in July 2016 due to the outrageous fees. My experience closing my secured card to receive my check refund has been an absolute nightmare. It is now almost the end of September and 15 phone calls later my problem is still not resolved.

Their customer service individuals still leave out detailed information about the process on purpose with scripted answers and when they transfer you to different departments they too are also telling lies to delay any process for you. They apparently lie about sending your money out when they have in fact not sent anything at all. This is my last straw contacting this bank for MY MONEY BACK. PNC bank you are STEALING. Terrible customer service. Terrible bank. Terrible practices. My complaint to the Federal Reserve is in the works. I suggest others to do the same.

At the closing table and PNC lost amendments to the contract. Closing took 2 days and was 17 days late, after speaking to managers and supervisor. Very poor customer service.

My elderly mother died in May of 2015 and trying to close her account and move interests from PNC wealth Management has been a complete nightmare. The account is still in limbo and my main issue has been with a Fiduciary Closing Officer in the Account Services Team in Louisville, Kentucky. She has never been at her desk when I called and never returned my requests for a return call. I eventually had to track her down from someone else in the office. Even then she never called but sent cryptic emails. I politely asked to be kept updated on the progress of her efforts to complete the closing of the account but was never contacted by her. She appeared to be completely incapable of common courtesy and proper business like attention. The entire experience prompts me to say that PNC does not value its customers. I would never recommend anyone using this bank.

Was quoted a rate of 2.875% for a refinance of house. The appraisal amount was much higher than required to meet the requirements of the loan. Then the mortgage rate was increased to 3.675%. Told loan officer to forget the loan, just send me a copy of my appraisal. She argued with me that it was a good deal. But only for the bank. If I increased my payment of my current mortgage to the same amount as interest and principal amount at the new rate of 3.675%, I would pay off the current mortgage within 6 months as the proposed new loan after rate increase. Horrible experience. I should have read reviews. Many others have had similar experience.

I have been a customer with PNC since shortly after turning 18 in 2007. I am now 27. Last week I attempted to deposit two checks totaling $4000 into my PNC personal checking account from my Primerica mutual fund UTMA account that my parents had set up for me when I was 16. I had found some kitchen cabinets second hand online, and I decided to use some of the money from my mutual funds to purchase them. The following day, I checked my account balance online and saw that they were rejected. I waited until end of business to see if it was a mistake, and then I called PNC customer service the following day. I was told by the PNC customer service representative that the checks were rejected because the check was from a custodial account. They also said that a legal copy was in the mail, and I would receive it in 3-5 business days. So I waited, and I did not receive the copies in the allotted time.

So yesterday I went to the branch where the deposit was made to see if I could move things along. The representative took down my information and said he would call back the following day to see if he could get it approved. He called back, and I got the same line about the custodial account, so I called customer service again. I explained to them that it was an UTMA established in my name (which was clearly listed on the check) and that although my father was the named custodian on the check, because I am older than 21 and because of the nature of UTMA accounts in Pennsylvania, I am in fact the legal custodian. I also explained that I have deposited checks from the same source written out in the same way to my PNC account without issue. After talking to 2 more customer service representatives PLUS the retail escalation manager, all I got was the same line about custodial accounts.

I asked why they accepted the checks in the past, and I was told (paraphrasing) that PNC can change the terms of the service at any time so I can just deal with it. Also, despite being told on Friday that the checks had been mailed, I found out later that they weren't mailed until Tuesday. They blamed the holiday weekend, but the checks were rejected on Thursday. Friday wasn't a holiday for them. Couldn't they have mailed them Friday? Normally, I would just suck up my beating from PNC and move on with my life, but I placed a deposit on the kitchen cabinets that I was going to buy so the guy would hold them for me until this coming Saturday while I get the money to clear. Now I'm worried that I may lose my deposit all because PNC's policy is to apparently do whatever they want whenever they want.

Additionally, last December I deposited two checks from friends of mine into my checking account, and then I placed three currency exchange request for the amount on the checks they gave me plus money that I had just transferred into my checking account. A week later I received a letter that they "forgave" me for over-drafting my account. Apparently, the currency transaction executes in the PNC system immediately even though deposits only go through at the end of business. I didn't actually receive the foreign currency from PNC for close to a week, but in their system it was already a withdrawal.

I guess my issue is that PNC makes PNC policies. A company that cared about their customers might alter their policies or bend them if they placed undue hardship on the customer. After all, they are the ones making the rules. Not at PNC. At PNC, the rules are the rules even if it causes hardship for the customer and there's no legal requirement for them to follow the rule.

After several un-returned phone calls to the business banking representative assigned to my two commercial loans, I tried two letters. I sent one letter to my local branch and one to the main offices in Pittsburgh and again no reply. I then tried calling another local branch and I was told there was no longer anyone locally in the business banking position and I should just call the automated line. Instead I went to another local branch. The manager was kind enough to try and reach someone in business banking for me but he said no one was in, even though it was the middle of a weekday. The manager took my number to have someone contact me, which they finally did the following week.

The person who called said they just started with PNC and there has been a lot of turnover. She had no answers to any of my questions/concerns. After another week of waiting she called and with few answers and left me with completely dissatisfied. I told her that this experience has ended any future business I would do with PNC and she responded that she would feel the same way. Congratulations PNC on losing another customer.

Overall, my experience with PNC was completely terrible. I was charged an overdraft fee 3 hours before my direct deposit was in my account. I went to see what they could do about it and they said they cannot help me. This incident along with others made me want to take my business elsewhere. I closed my checking account on the 10th of June and I also tried to close the account for the prepaid credit card I had with them as well. Shanice **, a worker at the Forest Park location informed me that my credit card account has already been closed with $60 still on it that will be mailed out to me within two weeks. Surprise, surprise the check did not come! As a matter of fact I received letters from a credit collection service months later stating I owe $390.95 to PNC bank for the credit card.

I go back into the bank on Sept. 7th, 2016 to find out what is going on and once again there's "nothing they can do." They couldn't even tell me when the account was closed for the credit card FROM THEIR OWN COMPANY!! I had to find out from the credit collector that my account was not closed before the 10th of June like I was originally told by Shanice ** in the Forest Park branch ran by Tiffany **. It didn't seem much of a problem for them that my credit is being messed up over information I was given by ** employees at the Forest Park branch. I don't understand why they have people working there to assist you if they don't know what's going on. They said it would be 7-10 days before I would hear anything from them on my account information.

You'll continue to see more and more reviews until this problem is solved but by the looks of the ratings PNC already has, it seems as if they do not care about their customers problems. They just create them and want you to pick up the slack for their mistakes. Horrible bank and horrible people working in these branches. I would not trust them with your money. Be careful and keep track of all the lies they tell you or you'll be in my shoes.

Now, let me just say, I don't write reviews often but I've had it up to here with these "banks". I've had PNC Bank since they are RBC, the Royal Bank of Canada. I went through their PNC Hostile takeover of RBC for years now, but that was a terrible experience that left thousands of people trying to recoup their money and there wasn't enough to go around. I waited weeks for the remaining money in my accounts. After about a year I decided to give them another try. They were a new bank right? What could it hurt. Hardly had any issues at all, that was almost 5 years ago. All of a sudden I got issued new debit cards with these "chip enhancements" or whatever they are. I get paid on a regular basis. I've been working for the same Bible and Christian Book Manufacturer since 2010.

Now they have us relocating so I am in the middle of moving myself my entire household, driving two U-Haul trucks, my car, and a rental car. So last night we were driving back from one trip with one left to go and I was asked to renew my rental car again since I had it for 5 days. No problem. Deposited 1,350 cash. Transferred the balance to my credit card account. So I can see the balance as soon as it's posted. Made the transfer from reserve account to checking after the teller deposited cash.

Then I drive in Labor day traffic with kids in tow to renew the rental car before we all make our final trip to Florida. Card is declined at Sixt to my surprise, so I telephoned PNC customer service and they said that everything was showing normal, then she went to dispute the fact that the teller deposited cash and made a single transfer while placing me on hold for over 15 minutes and transferred me again to account retention. Account retention? My confusion was apparent. They proceeded to tell me my accounts were closed. "What?" She said "I believe I made myself clear." She proceeded to read me something about PNC reserves the right to close accounts at any time. Etc.

I said "ma'am you do understand I've had these accounts for almost a decade?" She said "yes, I can see that here." I said "okay are you closing my business accounts?" She said "no of course not." I said "I just deposited $1350 in cash, and in the 19 minutes it took to drive here you closed my accounts?" She said "yes." I said "so you can see that I have regular car accident settlement payments going to this account? One is for $3,000 due on the 5th of each month?" She said "yes they'll mail you the balance within 30 days, have a great day. Thanks for choosing PNC." So what makes a bank strand a person in the middle of a interstate move at a rental car facility with children, animals in tow, U-Hauls rented, new utility payments pending, while swallowing that person's pay, car accident settlement payments, and child support payment? For 30 days without a single explanation?

Even the branch manager of the bank I made the deposit at was horrified. She had tears in her eyes while she told me she was sorry and she even tried to get my deposit back since it was only an hour later, but the person that handles it was gone for the day. The branch is amazing. I've banked there for years and they know me very well, and my kids by first name. I've made two late payments in my life while getting divorced 6 years ago but not since. This isn't a bank, it's a throw all your bills in the air and roll in them kind of place. I've been seeing as more banks switch to the chip more individuals like myself are being screwed left and right. It's criminal really.

I didn't even last 6 months with PNC. They completely victimized me for months. I initially dealt with Raquel at the Aventura FL branch. First incident, She failed to mention that I can't remove another person from my account when she knew I was only adding someone to handle my finances during recovery from surgery. Then she failed to mention some fees that were associated with being overdrawn, in my case it was an accident. No bank that I have ever dealt with has a overdraft policy of $36 PLUS $7 a day. By the time I realized I was overdrawn it was $300. Although I cleared everything up with Clara, the assistant manager at the Aventura branch, possibly the only person with a brain there. Then all of a sudden I was being charged for the account when I'm suppose to have free checking when you have over 2.5k in income.

Clara fixed that as well but it was very frustrating to continue to go through issues. Then all of a sudden on the day I got paid, my debit card stopped working. I called Clara - at that time is when I found out PNC decided to close my account. I had to drive an hour to get access to my money and then go 2 days later and do the same. Now today I have another problem with PNC and I don't even bank with them. They are horrible. They have no consideration. They discriminate against you if you don't have a lot of money the same way they discriminated in closing my account. Should not be in business.

PNC is a big business bank with representatives who don't mind lying to gain a sale. I own a small business and I was assured no fees were associated with joining PNC. I was assured my software and system was ready to go. After signing the contract I was informed I needed to put down $1000.00 to install compatible software. I was also charged $195.00 although I was told there was no fees. I've called three times and have gotten different information from representatives who don't seem to know what the charge is about. Now I'm canceling my contract with PNC as it has not provided the service it promised. I'm being charged $25.00 per month (for 3 years) for canceling early. PNC is not holding up their end of the contract, but this means little to them. This is a bank with no integrity. Small businesses beware.

I opened this account for my daughter who is now in her first year in college. PNC has a presence where she is so I thought it would make sense to have her account with PNC. I opened the account in a local branch and the woman was really nice and helpful - it was actually an impressive initial experience. But I think the behind the scenes support that this bank has is really confused. Most recently there has been a problem transferring money into her account from another account that I have.

I went through the online process for adding that account as one from which I can make transfers and validated as the instructions required and even received the message saying validation was complete and all of that, but I am unable to make transfers. In fact, I withdrew the money from the other account and that account shows the withdrawal and the transfer has been completed, but the PNC account does not show a credit for that money. It has just disappeared. There are other oddities about the PNC accounts and the associated credit cards I won't get into (I have a $16 balance on one card but there is no activity history that shows online to support that balance) but I wish I had set this up with Wells Fargo like I did for my son when he left for college 4 years ago. That worked so well. The PNC experience has not been a good one.

I had a new job orientation and PNC bank was there with all their bells and whistles for opening up a new account. I signed up reluctantly and was promised certain perks and benefits such as a $100 visa card. After I met all my obligations and had not received my promised benefits I contacted the gentleman who signed me up. He promised me he would look into the matter. I never heard back from him. I saw the same person at another location and he promised me again. To this day I haven't heard from him. His name is Olusoji **.

I've been a PNC customer for about 4 years now. Never had an issue before switching to the virtual wallet. I will admit this is partially my fault, but I digress. I was setting up my bill pay for 2 Payees. I went to the online banking and went to the Bill Pay option, added my payees. Then proceeded to setup the automated payments from PNC to those Merchants. I was setting up the automatic payments and the first thing you do is select the acct for the funds to come from. I did not realize that the Reserve acct with the virtual wallet would pull to this list because I guess I missed the memo that the Reserve is a checking acct even though it shows as a short term savings. I thought the list displayed in order and selected the wrong acct by accident. So what I thought I selected (Spend Acct) ended up being the Reserve acct.

You cannot see which acct you are selecting. They all show as "Interest Checking **" and last 4 of the acct, my fault. I should have known the numbers better and not relied on the order in which they display. The Virtual Wallet Spend acct displays first in all areas but not in the selection for automatic bill pay. I feel PNC should make some changes to this and show a fuller description of what acct you are actually selecting. Second, when I set this bill pay up, the amount to be paid was over $500, the reserve acct had a $10 balance at the time.

I wish or feel there should be a alert or a warning that addresses you prior to confirming and setting the automated payments that the amount you have set to pay is greater than the funds in the acct you have selected. "You have selected a acct with funds less that your automated billed amount. Is this correct? or would you like to continue?" Kind of like a final "Are you sure, because if not it's going to overdraw your acct if there is no plan in place to add funds to this acct in the near future!" A preventative measure for accts to get over drawn from the front end. I would have caught this mistake right then. But I didnt because everything setup without a glitch. So both payments pulled from the Reserve acct overdrawing the reserve by $800.

I called PNC as soon as I saw this on saturday which is when everything was in a pending status. PNC was not able to cancel the payments because they were already posted. She did refund the $36 overdraft fees. Well then comes in this unknown third party biller, Fiserv. Fiserv is who actually pulls the funds. They pay your bills and you are basically paying them back. So unannounced to me they actually return the insufficient funds back to the acct they pull from. I had no idea this would occur. I had transferred the funds on Saturday from our checking to the reserve to cover the overdraft. So then yesterday 8/23/16 when I'm thinking none of my payees got paid and my acct is overdrawn, I sign in to see that the Reserve acct was now to a $1,000+ balance just yesterday. All the while I was thinking the girl at PNC did this! Because again, Fiserv had not entered the picture yet!

So then I received an email from Fiserv yesterday at 4:20 pm about the issues that transpired on Saturday. Called Fiserv and spoke with a representative there, who was understanding of what happened and told me he would get the second attempt they make to pull from our checking acct AND not the Reserve acct. I asked for one of the payments to pull from our Checking acct and not the reserve. He assured me when the funds would pull again, either the next day, that it would pull from our Spend acct. Well knowing this, I transferred the amount from the Reserve BACK to the spend for what I was told would be pulled from Spend. Well that is not how it happened. Fiserv pulled from the RESERVE, resulting in ANOTHER overdraft! Because I moved the money to where I was told it would be pulling from THE SPEND ACCT.

There are too many accts to keep up with in the virtual wallet. The bill pay is not easy or user-friendly to setup and I do consider myself a tech savy person. I could not imagine anyone (like my mother, not so tech savy) trying to set this up by themselves and not royally screwing it up. PNC doesnt know much about the bill pay setup either because it's pulled from this 3rd party. So when you call you get 2 different people telling you 2 different things. I feel PNC should know enough about this company and how they work to explain this when you are told about the bill pay option. Fiserv was never mentioned to us by PNC when we opened these accts. So when this biller sends, they are sending their own money and you are basically paying them back for the payments. They make 2 attempts to get the money.

They try to pull the funds, which will overdraw your acct if the funds are not there. They will then repost the funds they pull, then they pull a second time all within a 48hr time span. If you are not aware of how all of this works they will be pulling the funds again before you have time to really realize what is happening. It caused mass confusion up until 8/23/16 4:20 PM because that is when I got the email from Fiserv that they pulled the funds from reverse, then put the funds back and would be pulling again!

So all this time I was thinking my payees were not paid, when they were paid. It's hard to keep up when it's not just you, PNC bank and your payee. This has been so frustrating and is not over yet either. I ask all the right questions, but when it's something unknown and you have no idea it's not just PNC it causes major confusion. I will say this, my banker I use has been amazing the whole time and if it wasn't for him, I would be considering closing the virtual wallet accts due to all of the confusion.

I have banked with PNC Bank for 28 years. Long story short, the bank knows who I am and also they know I am a business owner. My husband's work check also goes into my account faithfully every 2 weeks. At this point I came into a large check issued to me. I deposited it and planned to cash it out. They told me they would order the amount and it would take a week. I went back to the bank on the Friday they told me and first of all let me say... the privacy of my transaction was a joke. There was not a room to deal with the transaction... so I was taken care of in the middle of the small room of a bank for all to see. I was also told, they had to do a report and come now to find it is called a SARS report (suspicious activity report).

Well I have never been so insulted in all my life for one. Number two... the entire bank staff knew my business as it was like a big bank meeting including all tellers. I was asked my ss number telling it to her across the room. She did not even come over to me to try to make it private. This was the woman who handled the vault and I had to return to the bank as she was not there in the morning but after 11 am. Now after 28 years of banking I am changing my financial institution to one that practices privacy and acts in a professional manner. The branch was Newton NJ branch located on Water Street. For your information my intention for MY large withdrawal is to purchase and update my vehicle cash.

However, I don't understand the big deal of my taking my own money out of the bank. They actually made me feel like I was doing something terribly wrong. Since when should you feel like that with your own money lol. And also who's business is it what you wanna do with your own money. I could see if it was deposited in cash and then withdrawn but this was a government check. Well this incident is going to end my relationship with PNC Bank. After 28 years I am suspicious??? Wth.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions