PNC Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I've been having issues with PNC retirement 401k. I took out a loan, Feb 3 was my last payment needing to be paid. I've been calling them for the past 5 days to find out why I don't see transactions made from Jan 20. Money was taken out of my check but they show no history. Employees seem lost. Giving me the runaround. I've asked to speak to managers but all I get is "they will call you back". Pretty sad how they hire employees and managers that don't know what they are doing. I would love to add names of employees but it would not be too nice. Crappy service.

I had 30K SkyMiles I wanted to redeem before the December 28, 2016 deadline. I called the 800 number and talked to a representative who told me to go ahead and purchase an airline ticket before the end of December and the SkyMiles would show up as a credit on my December statement. This did not happen. I have spent several hours and numerous phone calls trying to get the SkyMiles credit, but to date it is still unresolved. When I asked the customer service rep what she was doing to help resolve my problem, she rudely informed me that she "was not going to disclose what we do internally." And that I was "not her only customer." How's that for customer service?

PNC has not upheld their end of the SkyMiles agreement and I cannot get an answer from customer service as to why the miles were not redeemed in December, or where the miles total can be located. I have redeemed Sky Miles in the past with no problem, but now, with the termination of the program, I feel PNC has somehow screwed up on their end and will not offer me an explanation. I have been a customer of PNC for many, many years, but have decided to move my business to another bank as a result of this debacle.

I have all my bills set up to be paid through online banking. They consistently pay my bills late, even though I set them up, well in advance, to be paid. This month, I got a bill for $350 from the cell phone company, because despite setting up a payment for last month, PNC did not send the money. They sent my water bill so late that I got a $250 bill saying I was $133 in arrears. I'm very responsible with my money and pay my bills on time, so I. Am. Furious. We're switching ASAP. This is the final straw. Avoid PNC. At ALL costs. Go anywhere else.

So I have done a lot of business with this company and they have the nerve to send me out a bad debit card that won't work. I've activated it and the only place I can use it is at the ATM. I have bills to pay that won't let you send checks or anything to pay the bill. It's all debit card or credit card nowadays. Or you're ** out of luck. They are trying to charge me 25 dollars for them to send out a debit card that they messed up with security code on. Which is so wrong. Just goes to show how loyal customers are treated.

When I sign in to PNC few years ago, I asked if they have office/branch in the capital area of LA, I was told yes. Few months later, we were in LA, drove over 2 hours looking for their branch posted on their website. Finally we learned that there was none. Last year, I came to the office, checking the rate of a property loan. Without my permission, the officer hard pulled my credit report. I went to different branch talking to a very good officer (he is no longer there), he suggested to get a credit card instead since the damage cannot be reversed. I got my son to apply a rental property loan with PNC. A commercial or loan officer insist my son to be present for all the signing. Few days later, he got a message saying that they don't do that type of loan anymore. The uninformed loan officer cost my son's a day of work for he is self-employed.

I filed a complaint but not publicly, hoping that PNC can used the feedback to improve their service. To my surprise, few weeks later, I received a letter basically saying, I was mistaken on all of my complaint. I cannot believe it. I did a online external withdraw to pay my loan, I did twice, my mistake. However, I cannot remove it. I called, no help. I visited the local office, I was told I must do it online by myself. I was very upset for I have spend more than 3 hours try to get one transfer removed via their website. I insist on talking to a officer. Then I was told they are short handed and will call me the next day to set up appointment. 4 or so days passed. No one called. I went to the same branch again, insist on talking to the officer to get it resolved. Somehow, she got it down. Removed all of the external transfer.

I then used void check for the same loan payment via my other bank. Somehow, there were two withdraws. Could be my mistake. I went to an office: "you have to do it online. nothing I can do". "Can I withdraw $700 due to extra money transfer for I don't have debit card". The answer: "yes, there will be $7 plus". That is, without debit card, if I want to draw money from my account, I must pay $7 plus; if I want to get the debit card, I still need to pay $7 plus. Lose lose proposition. Please don't send me any letter. I will pay off the loan in few month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

I would have given zero stars if that was an option!!! I have been a PNC customer for several years and this has been the worst experience ever!! I accidently transferred money to a ZERO balance credit card that was meant to be transferred to my checking account so that I could purchase airfare. As soon as I realized what happened, I called customer service to cancel the transfer. They "were unable to do so" because it was not a business day per customer service. I called back on Monday and was told at that time there was nothing that could be done besides requesting a reversal on the transfer which takes 10!!! business days.

I just called customer service today (9) days after this request and was told that the reversal was never requested on 1/23 and the only thing that they could do for me was to request a reversal today!!! So right back to square one where I have to wait 10 days to have MY money returned to my account with no way to expedite this request even though I had requested this reversal 9 days ago!!! This customer service is ridiculous!!! How could it be that difficult to return my $600 to my account that is also a PNC account. It's not like I paid a different credit card with that money, it literally was transferred within the SAME company. My husband and I will be pulling our money from PNC immediately and never return. UGH!!!

I contacted PNC Online but they brushed me off. I have a overdraft in my account that I cannot pay off. I only had enough funds to cover Wing Wings Cafe and Combined Insurance ONLY. I spoke with the NC Department of Revenue regarding my payment but because I am unemployed, I wasn't able to make the payment for January. I expected the bank to reject the payment but didn't so, I cannot pay the overdraft in my account. PNC should adjust my account because I didn't have the funds to cover the payment when it should have been rejected. Thank You.

My experience with PNC bank was awful. I'm giving PNC bank 1 star. I recently got a car loan from the PNC bank. They have sent me my first statement on Jan 20th, 2017 and the payment due date is Jan 24th, 2017. What?? I called the bank to find out why this happened and I was on hold for 1 hr. &10 min. Never again will I do business with PNC bank.

I have been a loyal customer for 2 years. Recently I feel like they have done everything they can to make my life as miserable as possible. They have been overdrawing my account with so many fees that it is ending up more than my actual paycheck. When I call customer service I get told, "Wow you make decent money... Let's see what we can do to resolve this situation," and all I am told is that the "system" is the one who decides what goes thru and what bounces... Tell me when a check has posted to your account for more than a week. There is an overdraft fee on the check and then randomly it is sent back? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

They return a check for $22.71 3 TIMES and charge me a $36.00 fee each time, but send a check thru 2 days later for $100.00? Now something is shady... And when I call all I am told is again the "system decides"... I will no longer do business with this bank and will be telling all my friends and family to do the same. Because of these fees I am about to lose my house, car, electric, phones. It's horrible!!!

I opened this account to complain about how greedy and stupid PNC is. I had this account to pay for my tuition with Penn State and keep using it for my salary and paying back my family student loans. On a Friday I scheduled a Popmoney payment but got a nice new apartment application on the following Saturday. I stopped the payment to my family before it went out, and on their Popmoney page they claim the money will be back in 2 business days. I woke up on Tuesday morning the money still paid out instead of staying on my account or coming back. Now I'm over-drafting. I called and the answer from whomever picked up my phone is, "Popmoney payment will be back within 3-4 business days, this is also in your confirmation email from us. Your money will be back tomorrow as we tried our best." Nice, then I filled in a customer complaint asking them updating their stupid misleading website about the 2 business days promise.

This morning, I woke up, guess what, no money coming back. I called, the answer is tomorrow again. Meanwhile I wrote a paycheck to USCIS as $380 dollars and the payment I cancelled is $400. Now even the $400 comes back it's not enough to cover the $380 check anymore because they charged me extra $36, so either they pay for the check and charge me again, or USCIS got a bounce check, which I want to avoid. Ok, I will have to let you charge me again. Nice move. Why your overdraft didn't happen the same way like 3-4 business days, at least 2 business days later? I'm leaving, say for sure. This is the best I can do.

We have had a vehicle loan with PNC for the past four years. Always have been on time with payments. Wanted to pay off loan and sell the vehicle on our own. Went to local branch and paid off loan. Was told that the receipt they proving would be accepted as a release of Lien at the MI Secretary of States. Bad info as it was not accepted. Called to have them fax or email a copy of lien release. They don't email, only fax and it takes 48 hours to process a fax request. Get with the times PNC. Fax was not received after waiting two days so asked them to fax again. Was told this is another request so it will take another 48 hours. How is this bank still in business?

I would give ZERO stars, but it made me choose at least one. On Saturday January 14th PNC Bank on 13th street in Gainesville, Florida refused to cash a check off of my business account because the teller was "teaching me a lesson" (HER words, NOT mine). It is my business account and I was trying to cash a check I wrote to myself for cash.

I also was on my 4th trip to this branch to sign a paper so that I could transfer money between my business and personal accounts. I drive 33.7 miles ONE way to go to this bank, 67.4 miles round trip, and this was my fourth time calling ahead and being told to come and they would do it, just to get there and be told they are too busy and can't do it. I told her that I would be closing my accounts since I had been making trips since October to get this done and they were still not doing it. She did not like what I had to say and told me until I would sit down and listen to her, she was not going to cash my check. She handed the check back and told me to call the 800 line. I went outside and called the number and told them that the teller was refusing to cash my check. They looked over my account and said there was absolutely NO reason for her not to cash it. They told me to go back inside and cash it.

I walked back into the branch and went to a DIFFERENT teller and told her to either cash it or close both accounts, but I needed my money. The first teller walked over and told the second teller that no one else but her is allowed to help me. I then asked on several different occasions that they close both my business and personal accounts. The teller refused. She would not let me get any money out of my account. I immediately called back to the 800 line and the representative tried to call the branch and tell them to cash it, but the branch had already closed. She then filed a formal complaint with their retail escalation department and assured me that someone would contact me Tuesday January 17th.

On the 17th I called to the branch and spoke to the branch manager and explained everything to her. I also informed her that this was not our first problem with this account. I had already been banking with PNC for some time, but had never used this particular branch, I was told that this branch is the only one who can do anything with a business account. It seemed strange to me that I could only use one certain branch, but I scheduled the appointment anyway and decided I would just start using that branch. I had an appointment set up to open my business account and arrived at the bank just to be told that the only lady working at the bank that deals with business accounts did not come to work because her kid was sick.

Second red flag, I can only use one branch and one certain banker for my business account. And she did not even bother to call and tell me not to come! She let me drive over 30 miles one way and she was not there. So, I got very upset and another banker helped me. He did not know what he was doing to set the account up, could barely answer any of my questions, and continually had to keep calling the lady that did not show up and ask her questions. If he called and she did not answer, we had to sit and wait for her to call back. It took me almost 3 hours just to open a checking account. He assure me that this is not normal practice for them and it would not be like this all the time. He also said that I had to come back and see the business account lady when she was available so we could discuss what type of account I needed and make sure the one he opened would work for me.

She finally called me over a week later, and did not discuss anything about my account being the right one for my business. I called and made a complaint and they assured me that from then on I would get the help I need with my account. At this point, over a week later, my husband still did not have his debit card. We had received the pin number, but not the card. He drives a semi truck and has to go all over the country, he needed his card to pay for fuel and expenses. I called the 800 line to ask about the card and was told that the banker who opened the account had never ordered the card in the first place. So I asked to please get it ordered because my husband had to have it for work. They said they couldn't do it and I had to go to the branch.

So, another trip to the branch. Once again, the only lady in the branch who can handle business accounts was not at work. She was sick. So I told the same person who opened my account that he did not order my husband's debit card. He seemed amused about it and said he would order one. My husband asked for someone to speak to us about our account because he had a few questions, we were told that they couldn't answer them, we would have to come back and speak to the lady who handles business accounts. The same lady who is never there.

Finally, another week passes, and my husband's card came. But, we still did not have the new pin number. We called the 800 number to get them to assign a pin so my husband could leave (He was loaded and had to be in Indiana the next day) and they told they can't give him a pin, he has to wait for it in the mail. He explained that this is his business account, he had to use it to pay for fuel, and he was loaded and had to go. They told him to just use it as credit. He explained that he was not using it as credit because truck stops charge a higher fuel price if you use credit. The guy told him again, just use it as credit anyway.

My husband finally said "Ok then, if I ran it as credit are you going to pay the 20 cents a gallon difference that it will cost me?" The guy asked what he meant and my husband said, "it costs 20 cents per gallon more if I use credit. It saves me 20 cents per gallon to use debit." The guy then told him he was sorry but he couldn't do it. So my husband told him to set an appointment because he was on the way to the branch to close the account and get his money. The guy then told my husband that wouldn't be necessary, and he went ahead and set the pin number up.

From that time until now, I have made 4 trips to that branch to sign the paper to be able to transfer between my two accounts and still did not get it done. It is now Wednesday the 18th and NO ONE, NO ONE at all from PNC has called me to discuss this! I called their Corporate Head Quarters and the lady I spoke to told me that I was wasting my time because the teller was within her rights, that PNC doesn't cash checks.

I said "ma'am, I have cashed MANY MANY MANY checks at PNC". She told me No I haven't, because they don't do that. I said "So, you're calling me a liar?" She said, "we don't cash checks". I said, "it is MY CHECK WRITTEN TO ME!" She said "we only deposit checks". I said "number one, I have cashed more checks than I can count at PNC, so stop calling me a liar and number 2, how can I deposit a check into the same account it is written on? So, I write the check and deposit into the same exact account I wrote it off of then I can get my money?" SHE SAID YES! I can NOT believe that she thinks that is possible and she is the banker!! Please do NOT EVER use PNC for any reason at all! They DO NOT care about their customers!!!

I having bad experience with PNC Bank. I feel like the bank owe me because last year 2016 a scammer give me a check. I went to PNC Bank teller. They said yes cash check. Now keep charging fee of $7.00 every get my social security or money from my job. I think should get sued. I been with them long time.

I use to really love this bank, but lately they have turned into a greedy, vampire company. First I noticed a few months ago they hired new people for their over the phone customer service. Every time I called I would be told something different. When I explained to them I had done the process that I was calling for several times, I would get different answers. One CS person told me that I should not have been able to complete my process in the past. She stated that they weren't allowed to do that and that she was going to file a complaint against the CS Reps that allowed that Process. (Never ever heard this said from an employee at this banking company.)

Fast forward a month later I had paid my online bills one day, well they held payments for over a week. They gave the excuse that since it was during the holidays my bills were held from being paid. I made a few purchases and the next day I get an email saying I had overdraft fees. I'm like what, I have money in my account. When I go to check, my account was an -$150. They had applied four overdraft fees. I called them about this and they had paid some bill that just came in from a while ago and paid the remaining bills.

So every time a bill or payment went through they penalized me $36. I had a fit and they refused to give me any of the one back when it was their mistake and their laziness that caused the issue. On top of that every day my account is negative. They take $7 from it daily until it's no longer negative. I'm beyond pissed at this greedy bank now and am in the process of closing all accounts with them. This is a shame and should be illegal when they are holding my money and taking it as well.

My December 2016 PNC statement shows they will start charging me $7.00 on June 1, 2017 for my Virtual Wallet account which I have had for several years. A couple of years ago this was waived if I didn't use services inside the bank and only ATMs and my phone. Not anymore. Now essentially I am paying to use those services if I don't keep $500 in my account. In December I had more than $500 in my account, but had to use it for other purposes with the intention of replacing it this month (January 2017). PNC didn't give me that chance. They charged me the $7 prior to receiving my December statement without any notice in previous statements. I find this unethical and it should be illegal.

I talked to someone in a PNC branch and they were clueless and could not tell me anything about it. Even the branch manager had no idea what I was talking about. Unfortunately I did not bring a copy of my statement with me. Why are they charging this fee when it is now January not June? PNC is all about the almighty buck. As soon as I get my direct deposits switched over I'm getting rid of them. I'm tired of them changing their policies on a whim.

PNC Bank compare them to Check N Go. They are outrageous much worse than Check N Go. Told me if I made payments on my overdraft for 6 months. My overdraft protection would be reinstated. Then that changed to 1 year. Overdraft protection active but PNC never allows it. Recently they told me it will be OK when I pay it all off. They have collected approximately $ 3500 in 2016, for overdraft. Obviously I have an income and an ability to pay these overdrafts. They charge their fees at 10 PM and deposits are made at midnight. Maximize costs to customer. PNC's algorithm for loans is predatory. Unfortunately too many banks use that algorithm. I will survive, but this gangster algorithm should be unlawful. Payment history should be weighted more than maximizing profits. PNC specifically & American Banks in general have taken advantage of laws to strangle American Families.

I would rate no stars if that were an option, very dissatisfied is way too nice for my experience with PNC. I have been a customer of PNC since they bought out my previous bank. All in all been with bank 28 years. PNC is notorious for overdraft charges. I do all my bill pay online and they pay bills before the scheduled pay date. The last bill was paid 5 days in advance. On other occasions they will hide payments that are pending and then they appear. They also don't pay other bills until you are ready to overdraft. As a test, I logged on at 11:58 and saw no withdraw. I logged off and back on after 11:59 and they cashed a check (one minute before midnight that wasn't even in my records to be paid out. They claimed the payee cashed the check. At 11:59? I don't think so. They also have done this at 9:59 when you need to make deposits prior to 10 PM to count for that day. I am done with PNC, really long overdue.

I think customer courtesy and loyalty goes a long way and they don't have either. Consumers are way smarter with many more options today. I am switching banks, moving to credit union. It is appalling the theft and the lack of protection consumers have. By the way, I have a small business account with a significant balance (over $400,000 balance) that I am switching to another bank. They didn't care about me but they seemed to care about my business account.

PNC is the worst mortgage company ever. DO NOT GET A MORTGAGE WITH THESE PEOPLE. I received a preapproval on October 19th. I found a home on November 10th. We were to close on December 16th. They have literally asked for the same documents from me 7 times. They keep telling me they didn't get the documents or can't read them. Funny since I'm, in some cases, dropping them off right to the mortgage officer. Our mortgage guy went out on a leave of absence from work because first his daughter was in the hospital and then he was in the hospital. No one from his office picked up the files that were left so my appraisal was never ordered. When it was finally ordered, they sent it back 4 times saying that there were corrections. Who are they to correct the appraiser? Then they asked me again for documents that I had sent in many times.

They told me 2 days before December 16th that we wouldn't be closing until the following week. That week came and went and now they told me that if the loan doesn't close by December 27th (which it isn't because of them), they are going to increase my rate. They have had all paperwork that they need since November 16th. The documents that they keep asking for, the mortgage officer, claims are in their files, but that they don't look back into the files so they just keep asking for the same documents again. I can prove that they have the documents because I have emails confirming from the mortgage officer, that the documents were in his hand. Patricia from Chicago Office (the actual loan officer that approves everything) doesn't know her ** from a hole in her head.

She is the one that keeps telling me we need documents that I have given them 7 times already and she never returns phone calls when you try to find out what is going on. On December 16th (original closing date), I received an email saying that everything was finally approved and congratulations. Then I got a text from the mortgage officer saying, "No that's not right, I'll have to speak to my IT Department about why they told you that, because it's not approved." After telling me that this loan would close before the 1st of the 2017, the mortgage officer's boss (Anton from the Hamilton Township NJ Branch) said "Nope, no more closings. We are too busy." I think he is just stalling so that they can increase the rates.

They are rude, and on several occasions have cursed at me and told me to "relax and chill out," which I have in writing through emails or text messages. Well guess what PNC, you are losing this loan. I am seeking alternative financing and things are working rather quickly with this new financing. Please buyer, do not use this bank for anything. When this is all completed through the alternative means, I will be filing a complaint with Banking and Insurance in New Jersey as well.

Today, Saturday, December 17th, I came to a branch of PNC Bank to cash a check that was drawn on their bank and was stopped in my tracks when I was informed there was a $10 fee to cash one of their checks since I was not an account holder. I asked it's the manager could waive the $10 fee as a one-time courtesy but that was also denied. This corporation must instruct their employees to not let go of any pennies.

This is nothing but consumer extortion, in my opinion. Hasn't gotten so bad that these big corporations need to nickel-and-dime prospective customers every single penny just so they can continue to everybody else? I would understand if my own bank charge me a fee to process a third-party check but to be charged $10! $1 fee for non account holders would generate money for PNC Bank. More people need to stand up and address its abuses and challenge these bad practices.

I've been with this bank for literally my entire financial lifetime and it has been horrible from the very beginning and has only gotten worse. I recently switched to a Virtual Wallet account and that was where the main problems started. They promote this account as a way to manage your finances from your phone and on the go, but nothing in your actual account is accurate. Transactions will pend for days with no explanation, things I have purchased may not even show up in pending at all and just magically appear a few days later after the transaction has gone through. Because of this I get overdrafted regularly, $36 each time a long pending transaction just happens to go through at the most convenient time for them.

Right now my account is sitting at a nice -$89 even though my paycheck just went through last night. Why was I overdrafted if my direct deposit just cleared?? Because PNC likes to steal money from poor college kids. I double checked my account at midnight because I had a bill to pay. No overdraft. Paid my bills and figured that was that. Two hours later I get an email I've been hit with the fee. I double checked my statements and my bills haven't even gone through yet. So I got charged for a pending transaction that just went through...AFTER my direct deposit went in??? It makes zero sense. My holiday is basically over now because I can't afford to pick up gifts for my family, I can't afford to fill up my car, or even eat.

This has happened so many times it's honestly ridiculous. Contacting customer service about these issues is like hitting a brick wall, they berate you for not having extra money inside accounts to protect against overdraft. That's the most entitled response I can even imagine, the solution to not getting overdrafted is having more money! How about an accurate bank app that their PNC claims to provide? How about listing all my pending transactions instead of hiding certain few? I've been told to use a passbook to keep track of my transactions on paper, but again...the online banking is what I got the virtual wallet for...so why am I being so punished for using their services? I'm at my limit with this horrible bank and will be leaving immediately.

I first noticed what they were doing months ago. I looked online to see how much my available balance is before making a purchase. I forget the exact amounts, so these are estimates, but it was over $600. The next day I get an overdrawn account notice to my e-mail. I was upset since there was $600+ in my account, and I only made a $70 purchase. I look at my account and they put through a check that was applied to the account. It was cashed to a month and a half ago. Not only that, but the check and my purchase combined should not have overdrawn my account anyway.

They waited to apply money I spent until they knew it would overdraw me, but in that case it still wasn't enough, so they adjusted my previous available balance in order to steal just barely enough money from me to overdraw my account. I called them, very upset, and their response was that it was impossible for their website to be wrong, and flat out refused to answer my question if they knew it would implicate them. And this isn't a one time thing, it has happened again. I will be switching banks. Don't go near these thieves.

We live in a small mountain town. We followed PNC when they bought RBC. We stayed because we like the staff in our branch. The branch didn't last long. PNC closed and did not even put in an ATM machine. We have to drive at least 1.5 hours no matter which branch we visit. Every time I have contacted PNC over the phone concerning a problem I have received no satisfaction and terrible service. There is no sense in complaining to the bank, they will close the account, they will defend employee error regardless. One branch told me that I could not deposit a check into my business account as our customer made the check out to me instead of the business. This was so ridiculous and erroneous and ignorant on the part of the teller. This same teller demonstrated blatant racial discrimination to the customer in front of me. It was embarrassing for me so I can imagine it was even more so for the person discriminated against.

It is true that one cannot deposit a business check into a personal account but depositing a personal check into one's business account is completely fine. Plus, it was very simple to check us out. We have 4 credit cards, 4 debit cards, 2 checking accounts, 1 savings account, 1 Equity Line Account and 1 OverDraft Protection Account. We had Driver's Licenses, Passports; we could provide security information, it was unbelievable. We had driven 45 minutes one way to deposit checks. We had to take another 45 minute drive to get to our branch and then 30 minutes home. Credit Card issues are never resolved in a courteous, business-like or timely fashion. Their fees are outrageous.

I am slowly moving my business towards other credit card companies. I am going to use Square for credit card payments from my customers. If you are not already involved with PNC don't take them on as your financial institution. I could go on and on about unsatisfactory PNC service is but I simply don't have time to write it all out.

I have a Home Equity Loan with PNC Bank. We made our payment at the Branch 10 days before the due date and instead of applying it to the loan they tried to auto deduct from a checking account that was closed out 3 years ago. Hence they raised our interest rate 1/4% because they never took off the auto deduct. It took a manager over a week to get back to me with an answer that for a loan I had 7 years without missing a payment no longer qualifies for the Promo. DO NOT deal with this Bank. They have no idea what customer service stands for and are unqualified employees who were not giving the rules and guidelines of general accounting practices.

My email got hacked by a PNC customer. He cc himself on one of my emails. I was doing a contract with an engineer and he requested the down payment to be deposit on his account (the hacker) but the name was my engineers name so I thought it was him. I went to the bank made the deposit for $2,500 to the account he sent me. The teller didn't even bother checking the name on account (which it was different from the one I wrote on deposit slip). She just took the money. Later on I called to see if my engineer got the deposit and he said he didn't send me that email. It was the person with PNC bank account in Baltimore (we are in Jersey). I went back to the bank told them what happen and they don't want to give me my money back.

I filed a police report and print out all the emails (by the way my email is been blocked since that day). The lost dept told the call the client and he said he was going to deposit a ck so they can give me my money back, but the lady Gail ** from PNC lost dept said they are not giving me my money back, that their client has to get in touch with me personally, but they not giving his number. So it was PNC's fault for not verifying the name on account when I made deposit like other banks do.

They are stealing my money and if I don't get it back I'm going to file lawsuit against them. It's not fair they letting this criminal walk away so he keeps scamming other people. They have been proven to be cheaters and scammers and they stole my money. We all need to email the Consumer Federal Protection Bureau and file a class action suit. I am not sure if the Federal trade commission has anything to do with it or not. I suggest we all file and I have also file with the OCC and told them I am tired of the collusion and corrupt government practices. PNC is insured, so instead of giving small amount I will file criminal charges. If anyone supports the CFPB action, please comment.

I give them 2 stars because 1 the amount of banks branches and atm's is a plus... However I usually never get overdraft coverage because of getting burnt in the past (before the national class action suit against big banks and the fraudulent practice) anyway. If I used my PNC card it was taking out that day... However about 1 month ago I just went and opted for the OD coverage and noticed somehow what use to come out the same day (work lunch) now lingers for a day or 2 in pending status... and when it would finally come out I get hit with a 36 fee for a $5 lunch... You call them and they tell you some bs about pending blah blah... Sounds good but I'm not an idiot... How come before I had coverage it was taken right out. Now it's not. They want you to rely on the banking app... (because in the 21st century let's face it not many want to do the pen and paper).

The app is a diff amount than the online, which is diff than the atm ledger balance, and all usually different than your paper total. I feel like they do that on purpose to catch people. It's not hard at all to sync these accounts to give you a correct balance. Any who if someone can just please explain why with no coverage my money was taken right out and my total was usually right the following morning vs the overdraft coverage where I have 2 wait 2 days for things to clear and they blame it on when the company processed their business especially when it's the same business both times. I'll be looking for a new bank. If I can't trust you with my money then I can't trust you for my business.

Really interested in seeing these 1 star reviews. In short an ATM machine at a local branch outside Philadelphia stole over $300 of my money. Got barely any response from the people on the phone when I first called, and they kept bouncing me around via phone until finally they credited my account with the money lost. With a "provision credit" and a "dispute pending". I show up two days later (today) to discuss what happened and it's like they barely wanted to say anything. They "don't work with ATM machine". What the bloody ** are you talking about?

It's really a shame looking into this bank on this website now, after having an account with them for years. It seems they're in a really sad state of affairs and I'm cautious about continuing service with them. Seriously, the big man in the suit was breathing down my neck today like he didn't have time to talk to me and I just don't appreciate it. What the ** is wrong with you people, the machine obviously ate my ** money. It's unbelievable. These banks are run and owned by money-hungry non-humans. They're preying on us, pretty simple to see. It's unbelievable how untrustworthy they are. He says I've got "nothing to worry about". OK. Well, obviously I do if my account says "dispute pending". What if they decide I was lying and take the credit away that they put there? Makes me cringe.

My wife and I were customers of PNC bank since it was called Flagstar. We each had checking accounts. We complained about the branch manager located Holcomb Bridge and Grimes Bridge in Roswell Georgia because she and her staff would refer customers, including ourselves, to other branches on Mansell Road and Crossville Road contending they were too busy. This was their response for service in the bank or at the drive-through window. The branch manager there also refused to decorate this bank for any holiday, including Christmas, because she indicated she did not believe in such celebrations. She also allowed an English as a Second Language school to use the PNC parking lot for their students impacting PNC customers.

When we complained about her to the regional branch manager, he and other bank management retaliated and closed our respective accounts, informing me, instead of my wife, about her account (which is very chauvinistic). They indicated that this was their prerogative and that they were not accountable to the Federal Reserve, the Office of the Controller of the Currency, or any other regulatory agency. They are the worst.

PNC has taken everything from me, they overdraft my account over 600 dollars in a month. I'm here crying because they have no heart and won't even listen to my plea, I work hard to catch up with my bills all they do is take take take from me. Thanks to them my kids won't have any Christmas this year. My son's birthday is next week and the little money I hoped on using for him PNC have robbed me off it, all in the name of overdraft fees. I'm crying uncontrollable as I type this. This bank should be investigated for this act of wickedness. No one's hard earned money needs to be taken like this, within a blink of an eye! I can't even pay my rent now either! These people have ruined my life.

I live in Fredericksburg VA. Never go to the Southpoint PNC bank or any PNC bank. First someone got my debit card and was having a joy. I called as soon as I saw the fraud charges got a new card and had my money returned. Then if fraud or typing error I don't care someone had my whole account # and made checks with a totally different bank. I immediately went to the Southpoint branch closed that account and opened a new one. Ever since then I have had nothing but issues. First the manager assured me the PNC loan I have would be transferred to the new account. That was never done. Then for some reason the loan was taking money out of the supposedly closed account. So long story short I have $134 removed from my open account to make up for all the over draft fees to a closed account.

I called and spoke to Sheena in the escalate department on Tuesday. She assured me everything would be refunded by Wednesday. Here I am on Thursday not hearing back from Sheena. I call again and speak to someone new and she informs me there is no note on my account that Sheena ever did any request with my refund. So yet again I have to wait till I get my money back.

First, they fraudulently put my business address/building on my home equity loan because, I assume, I own it free and clear. They were eager to lend me money on that building, but I caught this at closing, and had them put in the correct home address. They then had the nerve after they had initially approved my loan to then deny me the home equity loan! None of the information was different, but they wanted my commercial business building and tried the old "bait and switch" tactic. When I complained about this in writing, they just ignored the complaint.

Now, I just discovered another unethical practice they use to bilk their customers. I keep track of my balance every time I put money in PNC and immediately replenish money if I think there is even a remote chance that any of my checks will bounce. But, I have an overdraft protection line of credit that is directly connected to my checking account at a whopping 19% interest, so I am very careful about keeping the checking account solvent. Imagine my shock and ire when I got a $36 fee for exceeding the $500 limit in my overdraft protection. Then, I got a letter that I owed $256 on my overdraft.

When I went to talk to the manager at the Camp Hill, PA branch she informed me that I owed over $500 in overdraft. Evidently they pick overnight when the checks clear, and NOT INFORMING THE CUSTOMER, they then keep crossing my checks in the middle of night and thus charging more fees and interest. Even though my checking account showed a healthy balance, they were secretly using the account to get their fees and almost usurious interest rate for a month without my knowing about it. Quite ingenious way they fleece the public. I immediately paid off the overdraft "protection" account with cash, and they dropped the $36 as a "courtesy" but when I requested a mere $500 increase in the overdraft protection amount to stave off another of these travesties, the lousy bank denied my so called "loan" request!!!

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

PNC bank serves individuals, small businesses, corporations and government entities. Their banking division has over 6 million customers across 19 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, PNC has 2,600 branches and 9,000 ATMs, along with online and mobile services.

• Divisions: PNC Bank has the following organizational structure: retail banking, asset management, corporate & institutional banking, residential mortgage banking and Blackrock. PNC Bank owns approximately 25% of the BlackRock Investment Management Firm.
  • Products and services: PNC offers the typical checking, savings, credit and debit cards as well as lending solutions. Their unique offerings include student, university and WorkPlace banking. PNC also offers investment and retirement products and a virtual wallet.
  • Virtual Wallet®: This specialty offering gives customers a clear money picture and helps users control, plan and reach their financial goals. It includes a calendar and bill pay function.
  • Online and mobile banking: Online or on their devices, PNC gives consumers account access, bill pay, check deposit, transfers and more services 24/7 from a tablet, phone and computer.
  • Wealth management: This department offers asset management, asset protection and planning for the future. Clients can invest and plan for their financial future with personalized advisors.
  • Education: PNC provides information about leading financial, budgeting, investing, lending and overall money topics with information for all of their customers from students to well-heeled investors.
  • Best for PNC is best for customers who live near a PNC Bank branch. For those consumers, PNC is a viable banking solution for those seeking a full-service bank with investing access.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions