PNC Bank

PNC Bank

3.2/5 (606 ratings)

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

About PNC Bank

PNC is a banking service and mortgage provider. It offers its borrowers perks like interest rate discounts, cashback rewards and more. While it doesn’t operate in every state, PNC lets you manage your mortgage payments online. It does have credit score requirements for some of its loan products.

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

PNC Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I've had a great experience with PNC Bank so far! I have their prepaid card, and it's been fantastic for me. Great customer service, excellent card, I love the tap pay feature available, I've never had one issue when it comes to banking with PNC. I do look forward getting a checking account with them in the future. I do recommend the SmartAccess Card. It's the best prepaid card I have ever used. PNC Bank is wonderful.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Would like to give a great shout out to LEIGH ** from Houston (go Astros) after over a week during the bank transition from BBVA to PNC. She took the extra effort and was able to get a pin # so I was able to log in to accounts. This was after 7 days of aggravation and people just transferring me to a different number and put on hold, for about a total of 10 hours in 3 days. Obvious now that the other people just didn't want to have to go the extra mile. It only took Leigh about 15 minutes and we had the whole situation fixed and logged into new accounts. Thanks again Leigh and hope they appreciate your hard work and going above and beyond especially during these crazy times.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Love the virtual wallet application for PNC bank. Easy to use. Easy to transfer money. Easy to understand your balances and set up automatic transfer to alternate savings accounts or pay bills online. Great application that I feel safe using.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I had my refinance done with PNC bank, the whole process was smooth and stress free, my loan officer was Trent ** and my loan processor was Lauren **, oh my God what a great team they make, I was bombarding them with lots of questions and they were always available and reliable to answer any questions that I had. Trent is a man of his words, he explains the whole process and what is expected. I would strongly recommend him for any mortgage needs. Mrs **.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Small business owners stay away from this bank. They will never help you when you need their help. They throw you under the bus just like they did to me. I have been their customer for two years. In 2020, I made 805,000.00 and I used PNC as my only bank. I was putting every pressure on my employees to have them open a PNC account for a Smooth and faster payments. In 2021, my made $ 1 million. And I was a very loyal customer of PNC. When I asked them for a credit card list raise they made me feel like I am a thief.

I asked Bank of America the same question, they automatically qualified me for a credit limit double I asked PNC. PNC business account doesn't have Zelle transfer. That was hurting me. They are very slow on transferring payments. It takes them very long time to clear payments when people pay you in checks. Make sure you visit Bank of America and Chase banks before considering PNC. Especially, small business owners, be careful with PNC.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

The ATM at the Great Southern Shopping center ate my bank card during a routine check deposit. Customer service said they can't access their own ATM to retrieve. 2 months later, same location ate a several hundred dollar deposit I was making. Again, customer service were patronizing and said they could only file a dispute. Told me it could take a while to resolve. I really do not understand how they could maintain such poor machinery at a bank of all places. There are clearly cameras recording transactions that prove my point. Appalling customer care.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

PNC has the worst customer service. Representatives are clueless, they don't care and they don't solve issues. Most of all they are Rude! It may be in my best interest to not bank with them due to poor service.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Definitely the worst bank I've had. And I've banked with Huntington and US bank. Maybe if they invested some money in their network, customer service, and improving branch locations it would be better. They consistently take as long as possible to process incoming and outgoing transactions. You literally have to go back to keeping a paper bank ledger if you make a lot of payments, purchases, or if you have incoming funds often from anything like eBay or PayPal. They take forever to process refunds. Here lately I keep noticing that my veterans benefits payment on the first is showing up later and later. Other banks are nice enough to release funds as soon as they see them on the network. Not a greedy bank like PNC though, that's how they make loans in the fractional reserve banking system.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

My credit card account with BBVA was acquired by PNC several months ago. They apparently didn't move my info over correctly, because I could no longer log in using their mobile app that replaced BBVA's. After numerous phone calls and countless hours on hold, the issues are still unresolved. Couple that with a conversation with John in C/C trying to get late fees reversed, where he was downright combative and rude, and I'll be paying off that account and closing it as soon as they get done *snail mailing* me a password.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

This bank is the ABSOLUTE WORST. I have a car loan thru this company & wish I would have chosen another option. The website is not user friendly & looks like it was designed in 1995, the customer service agents either hang up on you, or keep rerouting to other departments because they 'can't see that information on my screen'. I set up automatic payments & suddenly that automatic payment magically ended & now I'm late on a payment. Then I call to make payment immediately & then get an email the next day that I owe the payment still. I call customer service, tell them I can see the payment has processed thru my other account with Bank of America (who I love), yet they can't see that on their PNC screen. What the ** people, get it together! I can't wait to sell my car so that I never have to deal with this company again.

Take a Mortgage Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

PNC author review by Barbara Friedberg

PNC bank serves individuals, small businesses, corporations and government entities. Their banking division has over 6 million customers across 19 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, PNC has 2,600 branches and 9,000 ATMs, along with online and mobile services.

• Divisions: PNC Bank has the following organizational structure: retail banking, asset management, corporate & institutional banking, residential mortgage banking and Blackrock. PNC Bank owns approximately 25% of the BlackRock Investment Management Firm.

• Products and services: PNC offers the typical checking, savings, credit and debit cards as well as lending solutions. Their unique offerings include student, university and WorkPlace banking. PNC also offers investment and retirement products and a virtual wallet.

• Virtual Wallet®: This specialty offering gives customers a clear money picture and helps users control, plan and reach their financial goals. It includes a calendar and bill pay function.

• Online and mobile banking: Online or on their devices, PNC gives consumers account access, bill pay, check deposit, transfers and more services 24/7 from a tablet, phone and computer.

• Wealth management: This department offers asset management, asset protection and planning for the future. Clients can invest and plan for their financial future with personalized advisors.

• Education: PNC provides information about leading financial, budgeting, investing, lending and overall money topics with information for all of their customers from students to well-heeled investors.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Advisor