PNC Bank

PNC Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.98/5

PNC Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

My late husband and I had a joint checking account, and when he passed away, I had to remove his name from the account. The customer service people were very helpful in doing so. All our electronic bill pay information was linked to his password and username on the account (I had my own username and password but no bill pay information was linked to that). When I asked how to transfer all that bill pay information to my username and password, the customer service person told me that they normally don't do that but because we had been customers for such a long time, they made an exception for me and transferred everything. That was great because it saved me a lot of time if I would have had to redo all of it manually!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I am pleased with PNC bank and all they offer. The staff at my branch are courteous and helpful. They always work with me if I need a loan or just anything in general. I have the performance checking with them which has two checking accounts and a growth (savings) account. There is no ATM fee no matter where I withdraw money because they give me any fees back that the atm happens to charge. There are no checking account fees as long as I have a minimum balance of $2,000 a month or $2,000 worth of direct deposits.

The second checking is a reserve checking that builds its own interest like the savings account does. I can deposit checks virtually by taking pictures of the front and back of checks. There is no fee for cashiers checks either. It’s a $18 for new checks which is for standard checks. They can make you a new debit card on-site in case it is lost or stolen (or in my case, someone makes a duplicate by way of a card reader). Their app is convenient and someone is always available 24-7 if you call 1(800) PNC bank. I switched to PNC over a decade ago when a commerce bank employee was buying stuff online with my bank account number and they accused me of stealing my own money. Best decision I ever made honestly, I haven’t looked back. It sounds weird to say this, but if it’s possible to love a bank then I definitely do love PNC.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

We have always experienced great customer service over the years of banking with PNC. We really like their virtual wallet product and ability to handle everything we need online or through the mobile app. We haven't had to visit a branch in years. We also like that they will reimburse you for non-PNC atm fees, so you never have to go out of your way to find a PNC branded ATM.

Original review: July 26, 2020

PNC is a bank much like any other, they however have fully jumped in to the online banking aspect. Literally anything you could want to do and some things you probably didn’t even know (like custom designs on your debit card) they have readily available to you via their app and online banking. And their customer service is the best I’ve ever come in contact with. From the arrant late fee being waved to personal fraud issues they are all excellent!

Original review: May 8, 2020

I am a healthcare provider. Needless to say, managing the pandemic crisis has been a very challenging time for me both personally and professionally. I can’t thank PNC Bank enough for being there for me! Specifically Gregory ** at the Horsham PA branch has been a lifesaver. This man has a heart of gold, is as tenacious as steel and will go to bat and fight for his customers like nothing you have ever seen in your life.

There was an issue with my loan application (that I desperately needed for my practice to stay afloat) and Gregory ** called me on a Sunday morning (on his day off) to advise me of how to rectify the situation. He ran miles for me and jumped through hoops for me and he is nothing less than an all-star athlete banker that has compassion and the most outstanding professionalism and courtesy the likes of which I have never seen. I highly recommend banking with PNC. The overall professionalism and courtesy that I have seen with this bank is outstanding!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

On two occasions, when I opened and closed my account with PNC within a single month, I was served by two young, good looking well dressed men who were implicitly disdainful, a kind of attitude that no customer should experience. They also appear either ignorant or unwilling to come up with useful information, but this may be the result of corporate orders. The initial rate of exchange offered over the phone appeared attractive. A week later, when I opened my MM account, it was lower by 20%. Without lobby services and with only two branches in KC, each entailing half an hour drive each way, PNC is useless if you do need lobby or even drive through services within a reasonably short drive. I assume that it is fine for those doing everything online who have neither need nor desire to set foot in a real bank. Frankly, I am too old to enjoy virtual bank and I do not appreciate disdain on the part of anyone, least of all those appointed to serve customers.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I called about erroneous Bank fees. Nick spoke down to me like I was a child and proceeded to tell me to go to a branch instead of actually trying to help me. Hey news to Nick ** but that why someone calls the 800 number is your branch hours don't always fit working people's hours. Avoid this place and Nick.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Every month living paycheck to paycheck I get hit with a $7.00 fee because I don't have $500. To me that is unfair preying on the poor. I'm sure my 33.00 is easier to manage than someone's 100,000 account. Today I deposited a $1300 check which will take a day to show up in the balance (which is another complaint) and tonight I get hit with their magical $7.00 service charge. People should be getting a $7.00 to manage their millions not the poor and struggling.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Terrible customer service with attitude for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I've called customer service many times, and each and every time I was given an attitude or got hung up on. Worst way to deal with a customer who has a business checking account with a high balance. Definitely do NOT recommend this to anyone with a business!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

At this point I am disillusioned with their lack of support during the most critical position our nation has ever encountered. I personally have been laid off, brought back to work then permanently laid off during this pandemic. I am recently in a new position and trying to cope with my family and new situation with a decrease in pay and figuring out how to make ends meet without income. And without hesitation when a check cleared after other withdrawals and I’m additionally charged multiple overdraft fees that now has me in the overdraft position and needing to rely on friends to get until payday because my bank whom I’ve sadly entrusted for over 20 years refuses to be helpful.

No I am less than impressed with this bank. Let me say PNC has been the only institute that has not gone above and beyond for their customers during this crisis. I have every intention of leaving and taking my entire family as well. Additionally will make sure in all the positive aspects I’ve encountered in this tragedy, PNC was the only bad experience I had. And I lost a job.

PNC author review by Barbara Friedberg

PNC bank serves individuals, small businesses, corporations and government entities. Their banking division has over 6 million customers across 19 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, PNC has 2,600 branches and 9,000 ATMs, along with online and mobile services.

• Divisions: PNC Bank has the following organizational structure: retail banking, asset management, corporate & institutional banking, residential mortgage banking and Blackrock. PNC Bank owns approximately 25% of the BlackRock Investment Management Firm.

• Products and services: PNC offers the typical checking, savings, credit and debit cards as well as lending solutions. Their unique offerings include student, university and WorkPlace banking. PNC also offers investment and retirement products and a virtual wallet.

• Virtual Wallet®: This specialty offering gives customers a clear money picture and helps users control, plan and reach their financial goals. It includes a calendar and bill pay function.

• Online and mobile banking: Online or on their devices, PNC gives consumers account access, bill pay, check deposit, transfers and more services 24/7 from a tablet, phone and computer.

• Wealth management: This department offers asset management, asset protection and planning for the future. Clients can invest and plan for their financial future with personalized advisors.

• Education: PNC provides information about leading financial, budgeting, investing, lending and overall money topics with information for all of their customers from students to well-heeled investors.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor