3.34/5

1076 PNC Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 25, 2019

I had opened an account with them and was suppose to have my SS sent to my new checking account. (I was moving to Florida and the bank I was using had no branches in Florida.) The paperwork for the SS was never sent in and so this never happened. I got charged and charged for breaking their rules" out of their Corporative neglect and mistake. I went into the bank to talk with the manager. She looked at the papers, asked to see my card and shredded it. Then looked up and said, “Now you don’t have an account.” I had deposited $500 in this account. $100 only for the checking and the rest for this Statement saving and according to them I also had a reserve checking account without an checking number or checks.

When I moved down to Florida I went into a PNC to find my statement savings since my online banking was turned off. According to the Branch there was no account in my name and they were going to call the Sheriff for me trying to hold up the bank. I was in a state of shock. I had no proof of the account and now they wanted to arrest me? I left and used the phone. They said I was harassing calling them to ask where my money is. I did not abandon the money or the account since I was calling, they followed a loophole in the law stating that since I showed no activity (I didn't have the accounts or numbers) they turned the money over to the PA State Unclaimed Property.

Finally when I called they admitted they had the money in the account and they closed it. They stole my money. The Law is if the money is not claimed the State sends it back after so many year and PNC get the money. I filed to get it back But I was told now it's going to take 17-20 weeks before I get the money back. The bank stole my money, abused me as a senior, extorted me, charged me with fees which they caused not me. And when I moved to Florida and tried to get my money it became an interstate scam.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Stay away from this or any PNC Bank credit card. They won't post your payments, don't matter how many times you call, so they can charge late fees. Just closed my credit card account today. They will scam you and take your money. Solange **

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2019

A representative of this bank came in to my job`s orientation, offering $200.00 free to open an account, with nice details. I was wrong to assume this would get better as I listened. I already have a bank account with another bank and have for many years. I have no outstanding car loans, live in a paid for house and have a driver's license to match. My job had to have a decision on approval of me, or not, with PNC Bank before I could go to work, in terms of how I was paid. I had to repeatedly call the bank until I found out in the 2nd day near close of business. I also don't have any outstanding loans. I've had 2 overdraft totals in 18 months, both just under $10.00. One of those being at the same timing from my own bank as I was trying to get approved for PNC, and was denied. I was zonked with being told that I was denied an account. Don't do business with them is my advice.

Original review: June 14, 2019

PNC has give me the run around about getting my money back from the ATM. I deposited 700 dollars into an ATM to be preloaded to my smart access card and it continuously was counting my money and didn’t deposit but continue counting and read error and spit my card out so I then went inside and manager told me where it was an smart access I would have to file dispute and I did then I received letter that said no transaction made or record of, then I re-did my dispute because money still wasn’t in hand. So I ask to see cameras and they said dispute people looks at those. I still don’t have my 700 and either someone else pocket it or ATM service guy is a crook. My next step is a lawyer and a police report because being the amount is consider a felony charge. And something needs to be done.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I made the mistake of over drafting a couple of dollars. As I went through my day I made 4 transactions. 144 dollars was charged in fees. As someone who lives off 8 dollars an hour, avoid this bank. Going to be great to not eat this week... Heartless people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: June 11, 2019

Employees seem to be lacking a lot of intelligence. Also it is not recommended for foreign investors to open bank account there. They are discriminating against foreigners. They will get in trouble with Security and Exchange Commission.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I had some money in my account and PNC Bank took my money. I’m going through a financial situation and they took more than the monthly fee. Usually a bank takes a 1.00 from your account but no PNC Bank took all my money. Never again will I ever deal with this bank again.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have had issues with them before but not quite this bad. My husband pays my credit card bill by mail. It is set up to be paid monthly from his account to mine. They consistently get the check on Friday but do not credit my account until Monday. This results in finance charges when not paid on time. Apparently they can’t credit my account on a Saturday or Sunday? Ok, if that’s not enough, they have no way of knowing when a check comes in the mail. If the bill is not with it they apparently send it back. They have no system to tell what money comes in when. I have spoke to about 12 different people this week and received 12 different answers. They have been trained to lie instead of finding an answer. This was the last straw. I will be changing banks. If I can’t trust them to tell the truth, why would I trust them with my money?

Original review: May 29, 2019

I have been a customer for over 15 years with PNC. A while back I was dating a man that said "come on my account, if anything happens to me you can get money out". I asked PNC to remove me from that account. Their policy is unless some is deceased names can’t be removed. I had an account with them all by myself as well where my work checks went into. Needless to say yesterday PNC took the 3700.00 I had in my account to cover overdrawn fees in my ex's account. They refused to do anything about this and when I called my ex he said he reported the debit card stolen, which PNC refused to do anything about. All that money in my account was for my rent, my bills and food. And they didn’t give a crap. The account was not in my ex's name. This is the worst bank ever and I hope they get run out of business. They could care less the hardship they have caused me. Don’t bank with PNC Bank. This is how they treat their customers.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Customer service people are not helpful. Very young, rude and slow. This bank said my account was hacked but never notified me that I needed to update my online banking username/ password. One 5/28, I tried to log into my online banking. I was unable to log in. I bounced around to 3 different customer service reps to finally learn that my account had been locked on May 6th. At one point, the customer service woman told me I had received an email about the account being locked, which I had not. I searched my inbox to confirm. No emails from PNC. If my account is hacked or there is an attempt to hack my account, I would want to know immediately, not 22 days later when I am unable to log into online banking! Overall, I think the communications are very poor and this bank is not well organized. I would not recommend PNC.

PNC expert review by Barbara Friedberg

PNC bank serves individuals, small businesses, corporations and government entities. Their banking division has over 6 million customers across 19 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, PNC has 2,600 branches and 9,000 ATMs, along with online and mobile services.

• Divisions: PNC Bank has the following organizational structure: retail banking, asset management, corporate & institutional banking, residential mortgage banking and Blackrock. PNC Bank owns approximately 25% of the BlackRock Investment Management Firm.

• Products and services: PNC offers the typical checking, savings, credit and debit cards as well as lending solutions. Their unique offerings include student, university and WorkPlace banking. PNC also offers investment and retirement products and a virtual wallet.

• Virtual Wallet®: This specialty offering gives customers a clear money picture and helps users control, plan and reach their financial goals. It includes a calendar and bill pay function.

• Online and mobile banking: Online or on their devices, PNC gives consumers account access, bill pay, check deposit, transfers and more services 24/7 from a tablet, phone and computer.

• Wealth management: This department offers asset management, asset protection and planning for the future. Clients can invest and plan for their financial future with personalized advisors.

• Education: PNC provides information about leading financial, budgeting, investing, lending and overall money topics with information for all of their customers from students to well-heeled investors.

• Best for: PNC is best for customers who live near a PNC Bank branch. For those consumers, PNC is a viable banking solution for those seeking a full-service bank with investing access.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg