PNC Bank

PNC Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.72/5

PNC is a banking service and mortgage provider. It offers its borrowers perks like interest rate discounts, cashback rewards and more. While it doesn’t operate in every state, PNC lets you manage your mortgage payments online. It does have credit score requirements for some of its loan products.

PNC Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: April 27, 2021

I had my refinance done with PNC bank, the whole process was smooth and stress free, my loan officer was Trent ** and my loan processor was Lauren **, oh my God what a great team they make, I was bombarding them with lots of questions and they were always available and reliable to answer any questions that I had. Trent is a man of his words, he explains the whole process and what is expected. I would strongly recommend him for any mortgage needs. Mrs **.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

My late husband and I had a joint checking account, and when he passed away, I had to remove his name from the account. The customer service people were very helpful in doing so. All our electronic bill pay information was linked to his password and username on the account (I had my own username and password but no bill pay information was linked to that). When I asked how to transfer all that bill pay information to my username and password, the customer service person told me that they normally don't do that but because we had been customers for such a long time, they made an exception for me and transferred everything. That was great because it saved me a lot of time if I would have had to redo all of it manually!!

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I am pleased with PNC bank and all they offer. The staff at my branch are courteous and helpful. They always work with me if I need a loan or just anything in general. I have the performance checking with them which has two checking accounts and a growth (savings) account. There is no ATM fee no matter where I withdraw money because they give me any fees back that the atm happens to charge. There are no checking account fees as long as I have a minimum balance of $2,000 a month or $2,000 worth of direct deposits.

The second checking is a reserve checking that builds its own interest like the savings account does. I can deposit checks virtually by taking pictures of the front and back of checks. There is no fee for cashiers checks either. It’s a $18 for new checks which is for standard checks. They can make you a new debit card on-site in case it is lost or stolen (or in my case, someone makes a duplicate by way of a card reader). Their app is convenient and someone is always available 24-7 if you call 1(800) PNC bank. I switched to PNC over a decade ago when a commerce bank employee was buying stuff online with my bank account number and they accused me of stealing my own money. Best decision I ever made honestly, I haven’t looked back. It sounds weird to say this, but if it’s possible to love a bank then I definitely do love PNC.

Original review: July 26, 2020

PNC is a bank much like any other, they however have fully jumped in to the online banking aspect. Literally anything you could want to do and some things you probably didn’t even know (like custom designs on your debit card) they have readily available to you via their app and online banking. And their customer service is the best I’ve ever come in contact with. From the arrant late fee being waved to personal fraud issues they are all excellent!

Original review: May 8, 2020

I am a healthcare provider. Needless to say, managing the pandemic crisis has been a very challenging time for me both personally and professionally. I can’t thank PNC Bank enough for being there for me! Specifically Gregory ** at the Horsham PA branch has been a lifesaver. This man has a heart of gold, is as tenacious as steel and will go to bat and fight for his customers like nothing you have ever seen in your life.

There was an issue with my loan application (that I desperately needed for my practice to stay afloat) and Gregory ** called me on a Sunday morning (on his day off) to advise me of how to rectify the situation. He ran miles for me and jumped through hoops for me and he is nothing less than an all-star athlete banker that has compassion and the most outstanding professionalism and courtesy the likes of which I have never seen. I highly recommend banking with PNC. The overall professionalism and courtesy that I have seen with this bank is outstanding!

Original review: April 22, 2021

I have been with PNC over 2 years, Pnc does not care about their clients, I basically applied for a credit card in 2019 I get denied due to low credit history. That's fine. I waited for over 2 years and reapplying again. I get denied again even though I have a strong credit history and credit score, I'm not a Chase customer. They're got me approved asap after I applied from them. I'll close my account and move to Chase, if you can't helping me grow why making you keep my money for.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Oh my gosh where to begin.. I have been with PNC for over ten years now. They were great in the beginning and the virtual wallet is a great feature. However, over the last couple of years they have gone downhill. The banking website is terrible. I am constantly getting error messages and having to log in multiple times before it finally lets me in. Sometimes for weeks at a time I will have to answer my security question before it lets me in.. even after checking the box to say "remember this device". When you log into your account every day to check on things this all becomes quite a hassle. Fix your website!!

Next, I've had multiple things screwed up over the years, anywhere from addresses changes getting messed up on my accounts, to home equity loan payments being misapplied and then having to essentially make a double payment the same month due to the bank's error.. Sometimes customer service reps are helpful, other times they are useless. Very inconsistent.

The last straw for me and the reason I will be switching banks is because of what happened to me today. Tried to pay a contractor with Zelle (first time using). Not realizing that only my husband's information was being used, I entered the wrong PIN (mine) when I went to submit payment. It locked me out immediately, would not even let me try a second time with the correct PIN. Called 800 number, was informed that my husband would need to call to have Zelle unlocked. Um, excuse me?? This is a joint account in which MY name and MY information are both on and yet I cannot unlock my own account to access my own money, my HUSBAND has to call?? No thank you, I will be switching banks PNC. And I will be letting everyone know of the horrible experiences I've had. Get your act together.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Haven’t been able to log in to online banking! I continue to be asked the Wrong security question each time!! I know my user name and password!! What the hell is going on??Horrible customer service!! Disrespectful bank associates! Horrible hours and no one to speak with! No email!!

Original review: April 3, 2021

Hello all, First I never write online reviews to bash any business, but my car loan experience has been horrible with PNC Bank. My supposed interest rate went from 1% at the dealership to 5.78% now. PNC Bank does not send out paper bills or e-bills. Like really? I am refinancing with my credit union to avoid this company. The Customer Service professionals are great when you can get them, but you can't get answers just basic questions. Word to the wise, go with a real bank or credit union and avoid PNC Bank.

Original review: March 25, 2021

I have PNC Bank Visa card for more than a year and disappointed with their level of customer service. It is 6 weeks that I asked them to send me a replacement visa card (because the chips on the card often malfunctioned!) but not received the card. They had recorded my address wrong for 3 times. Earlier when I opened the card they said the card had rental insurance coverage but after having the card I understood it did not have rental insurance.

They, at PNC Bank, seem to be very satisfied with themselves and do not care about customer's concern. When an error occurs on their side, they do not apologize complicating the situation as if it is the customer's fault. I do NOT recommend this bank and their visa card for day to day usage. They are slow and indifferent about customer's concern.

PNC author review by Barbara Friedberg

PNC bank serves individuals, small businesses, corporations and government entities. Their banking division has over 6 million customers across 19 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, PNC has 2,600 branches and 9,000 ATMs, along with online and mobile services.

• Divisions: PNC Bank has the following organizational structure: retail banking, asset management, corporate & institutional banking, residential mortgage banking and Blackrock. PNC Bank owns approximately 25% of the BlackRock Investment Management Firm.

• Products and services: PNC offers the typical checking, savings, credit and debit cards as well as lending solutions. Their unique offerings include student, university and WorkPlace banking. PNC also offers investment and retirement products and a virtual wallet.

• Virtual Wallet®: This specialty offering gives customers a clear money picture and helps users control, plan and reach their financial goals. It includes a calendar and bill pay function.

• Online and mobile banking: Online or on their devices, PNC gives consumers account access, bill pay, check deposit, transfers and more services 24/7 from a tablet, phone and computer.

• Wealth management: This department offers asset management, asset protection and planning for the future. Clients can invest and plan for their financial future with personalized advisors.

• Education: PNC provides information about leading financial, budgeting, investing, lending and overall money topics with information for all of their customers from students to well-heeled investors.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor