1.28/5
Based on 116 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

929 PNC Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

Here's the cute trick PNC Bank is playing: Say that you made a $1,000 deposit today. Say that you have written three checks, each for $200, that are also presented to the bank today. PNC will allow $100 of your $1,000 deposit to be credited to your account at 11:59 PM. Then, they will present the three checks for $200 each against your account at 11:59 PM. Since you don't have the money in your account to cover the checks, they will charge you a bounce fee of $36 for each check. Then, ONE MINUTE LATER, at 12:00 AM, they will credit the remaining $900 of your deposit to your account. And they cover the three checks so they are not returned (how nice of them, ha), but you just paid them $108 (3 times $36) in bounce fees. What a great bank this is! I wonder where they learned this slick nasty trick? Stay away from this bank!

Original review: June 17, 2018

Garbage company! Called today because my merchant services was taking a week to deposit into my account. Supposed to have 24 hr support, obviously do not! So ask the lady what she can do. She says nothing, she is I credit card department. I say, "Ok, can I please speak with your manager?" She says she is the mgr! I say, "Ok, can I speak with your boss please? You did nothing wrong, the policies are mess." She says they can't make outgoing calls! I said, "Ok, please have someone who can help me and call out contact me." Then an abrupt click! She hung up on me!!! What kind of professional does that! And she is a representative of them!!!

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2018

PNC website badly run and apt to cause you to overdraft. Pending charges are disappearing from the pending list and the money reappearing in your available balance only to have the charge magically reappear and be paid late night on the next banking day. This has gone on for months. I am now screenshotting it daily to prove it, and it happened again today. I am leaving this scam of a bank. I should have done it several years ago when they embarrassed my husband declining his card at a business lunch. Their reason? The charge was coming from Miami Florida.

My husband was standing in Durham North Carolina. 2 hours on the phone person to person. "How many charges were declined, one." "Okay one charge not multiple so that's my husband for sure." "But this charge is coming from Miami Florida and may be fraudulent." "How can it be, if there is one husband one charge?" "Well it's from Miami. Are you sure your husband is not in Miami." "No. He is standing in Durham North Carolina." Over and over and over. Finally I declare there was no Florida not to say Florida to me one more time. Days later I figured out where their stupid computer was going wrong. My husband was in a restaurant on MIAMI BLVD IN DURHAM North Carolina.

Multiple humans and a banking computer couldn't tell the difference between the name of a road and a city in another state. I should have left them then. This disappearing, ram it through at midnight charge scam has gotten me several times this year. If I have to track every little purchase on paper and cannot trust the balance information on the site or on the phone, it may as well not exist. Don't let them anywhere near your money, don't trust the website or phone balance, and do go anywhere to eat with the name Miami anywhere near it because these idiots can't tell the difference.

Original review: June 6, 2018

July 3, 2017, I went to PNC Bank at Shoprite Branch located at 2200 Neshaminy Blvd. Bensalem, Pa 19020, to withdraw $2000 out of my checking account, PNC Bank teller processed my request got the money and left. A few days later I got a call from PNC Bank Credit Card department congratulating me on the credit card approval, I told ** that I never applied for a credit card, ** told me that he has a filled out application, I told ** it must be a mistake, ** again told me that there is an application filled out under my name, I told ** to shut it down immediately, PNC Bank Pulled my credit report twice by PNC Bank Employee on July 3, 2017, without my permission, without my knowledge.

July 09, 2017, I did go to PNC Bank Branch at Shoprite and I spoke to the same employee that assisted me on July 3, 2017, with the withdraw, I asked the employee if she opened a credit card under my name, she replied NO! I told the bank teller that there is a credit card application opened under my name unauthorized and that her name is on the application and I told her this was done on July 3, 2017, she got into a frenzy and went on the computer to check for her name. On July 15, 2017, PNC Bank sent me a Thank You for the recent application. It took me two months to find where to report PNC Bank, I contacted Office of the Comptroller of the Currency 800-613-6743. PNC Bank responded by telling me that the whole thing is a misunderstanding! I don't agree!!!

Original review: May 31, 2018

‪I too would like to share my PNC experience. I am an honest hard working typical American Grandma. PNC bought out National City Bank many years ago and so my loan for my truck swung to PNC Bank whom we finished the loan payments to, all paid off years ago, in full. Apparently someone was lazy with the paperwork. We were still driving the truck until a recent wreck. Suddenly we find we need our title so off we went to our local title office. Found out that “National City” aka PNC Bank still shows a lien on it! Say what?? More than 10 yrs later?? I call PNC so far I have spoken with 4 “Resolution Agents” and someone I keep emailing with here on the help site. Two agents were able to find my information and confirm I owe NOTHING to PNC but yet they have not RELEASED the lien showing on my title.

This whole process began on May 22 and I, thank goodness, have kept all correspondence and audio of phone calls on the matter. Even our local title and tags office says this is appalling. They said for this to happen is not unusual, however all that is required is a letterhead from PNC with the statement saying “nothing owed” including VIN number and model. This is all I have requested - still waiting... Since May 22 (I was originally told it would be 1 to 2 days, nope). Then one agent actually promised this letterhead yesterday, said to give her 45 minutes to fax it! Never came... She also said that they released the lien, so my husband makes another trip to the title office only to find out that just wasn’t true. Now all in the title office says “WHO IS THIS BANK??” He told them. Still we wait for You guys at PNC to get your lien off of my truck. Very, very, very mad Grandma in Hendersonville, TN. I not going to give up or shut up until this wrong is righted!‬

Updated 06/01/2018: Update from mad Grandmother in Hendersonville TN. Another day, another attempt at getting what belongs to me. Today I received a call from “Cathy” and I returned the call. Sympathy and apologies oozed out of her, even agreeing that it shouldn’t have taken this long, but she is here to help and will get that lien release letter to me today! This was noon. It’s 4pm and NO LETTER...I am not surprised at all. Any lawyers out there agree with me that PNC should be fined for each time they PROMISED to correct this “today” and didn’t? After all they are holding something that is mine, not theirs! How about your big wigs over there hand over your wallets to me, and I will just hang onto them for you. That’s fair, at least while you hang onto my truck! STILL WAITING IN HENDERSONVILLE TN and still MAD Grandma.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have never had an enjoyable experience with PNC. I have banked with them for 10 years, originally opening an account so I could receive direct deposit from my job at the time. During this time, they've changed from National City to PNC and everything has gotten worse and worse. When I started I had a Checking account and a Savings account. When I quit, I had Primary Checking, Standard Checking, Reserve, Growth, Interest Savings, and Spend accounts. Where do these accounts come from? Who needs this many accounts? I went to write a check which I haven't done in years, for a $10 expired parking meter, and the money came out of the Reserve account which I didn't even know I had at the time. The account didn't have any money in it of course, and accumulated $220 worth of overdraft fees. I never noticed until I finally got a call from PNC notifying me of this.

I tried to get them to eschew the fees but still ended up having to pay $150... for a $10 parking meter. I am self employed now and have sporadic income and they charge me $7 a month for every month. I don't have at least $500 in my account. Makes perfect sense to take money from people with no money right? Most recently, after opening a credit union account, I had the most difficult and frustrating time trying to cancel my PNC account. I went to a branch and said I want to cancel, my checking account was overdrawn by $5 so I gave the guy a $5 bill and he said now I had to wait a day to cancel because I had made a transaction. He took my debit card and said to call the next day.

I called the next day and on the phone clearly stated I wanted ALL my accounts cancelled. The person on the phone said that they had successfully cancelled ALL my accounts and that was that. A month later I start getting calls from PNC saying my account is overdrawn... What account? Well they didn't actually cancel my accounts. Just one of the checking accounts - and not even the one linked to the debit card I turned in at the branch. So a recurring bill that I forgot to transfer to my new credit union account came... and accumulated over $100 in fees.

Now after speaking with multiple people on the phone and telling them I am waiting for a refund from the company that charged me, and each of them saying they'd put notes on my file, PNC closed my account themselves and now I'm getting calls from debt collectors. The company who charged me didn't have time to refund my money and now I'm not able to negotiate with PNC about waiving some of the fees and I have to pay the entire fine if I want my credit cleared. It's an absolute mess and the most frustrating experience I've ever had with any company. Do not bank with PNC. You will want to shoot yourself in the head.

Original review: May 29, 2018

STAY AWAY FROM PNC INVESTMENT AT ALL COST! I opened a joint investment account with my wife on 2016, and two individual IRA accounts. I trusted my investor to pick out an investment for us, and that is when the nightmare begin. He told us the accounts will be mature in 3 years, and I will have guaranteed to at least have my initial investment back. He quit the job in less than 6 month, then my file got transferred to another investor, who quit within 4 weeks.

Now my account is in the hands of the corporate team, whom I contacted multiple times, each time promising to call me back with what is going on with my account, but never did. This last time I called, they told me my maturity date is now 7 year! Again they told me they will do some research and call me back, but I know now that they don't care about their costumer at all, they just want your money and hold it as long as possible with or without your permission. STAY AWAY FROM PNC INVESTMENT AT ALL COST!

Original review: May 26, 2018

Was doing business with this bank then someone stole $90 from my account in Mexico. Took three months to get it back then I talked to the bank tech to red flag it but the same person tried to order airline tickets a few weeks later. Bad experience.

Original review: May 24, 2018

This bank is far from customer driven. I HATE THIS BANK. I have been trying to change my auto draft, which I am allowed to do, but I call the customer service line and have received three different suggestions on how to accomplish this. I have been provided wrong fax numbers and different instructions each time I call. I finally called a branch and my loan agent never returned my call. It has been a disaster. I have it set up on auto draft, which they required even though my two previous loans have been with PNC and I had a perfect payment record and I have a beacon score over 750. They do not care about their customers. Three months now and I have not been successful at getting my draft date changed. PNC SUCKS. Please. If you are considering a bank, please do not use PNC. They are not customer friendly nor customer driven. STAY AWAY.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I feel that my account is being closed out in a wrongful manner. They gave me the excuse that it was because of fraudulent activity with wire transfers to my account. This happened because of miscommunication on the bank's part for not giving me the right numbers for wire transferring internationally. And then to not notify me that my bank card was suspended and I could not pay my bills on time and incurred late fees is totally unacceptable behavior from the bank. I feel that I should be compensated for something.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I’m new to PNC bank and will be changing again shortly. I just went to my local branch to open a checking and savings account for my son. I was told we would be waiting a little bit because they were in between lunches. When I asked how long they said an hour. Must be nice to have so much business that everyone that can open an account for a new customer can leave for an hour together. Obviously they aren’t interested in new business or the business they already have.

Original review: May 19, 2018

The fees are ridiculous! PNC Bank is not loyal to their customers. Managers in several branches in the northeast are rude and self-entitled. I finally had enough and switched to Citibank. What a complete difference. I'm so much happier in every sense of the way. All these ridiculous PNC Bank rules don't exist at Citibank. I do not recommend PNC at all.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I've been a customer of PNC Bank for more than 35 years. (Northeastern National Bank and Trust Company) before the takeover. I've always had a good experience with this bank and never had any problems.

Original review: May 17, 2018

They lost a $30,000.00 deposit then Tried to blame me after I showed them the deposit slip. No apologies. It was deposited in someone else account "by accident". I had overdrafts and fees they DID not cover.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Have been dealing with this bank for over 35 years, always with good people, and courteous help. Haven' t had any bad experiences and don't plan to change banks in the near future!

Original review: May 9, 2018

Trying to get a title released is more difficult than flying to the moon. Days of delay and no information. Just got off the phone with one of their agents. Took honestly 55 minutes to end up with NO information as to when my title will be released. The loan was paid up a week ago! You can only imagine how unhappy my buyer is and I don't blame him. They say they are overloaded!!! Of course Bill Demcheck, CEO, would never have the decency to hire more people to actually have customer service. NO, his $13,000,000.00 last year was just not enough money for him. Yes that is 13 million!!! But you as a customer are just a piece of dirt. These guys should be put in jail.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Had 3-5 calls from automated phone line requesting information. Did not respond. NO one with a brain cell will respond to those anymore. Finally received a call from a PNC rep from loss prevention. She indicated that my card was compromised AT the location that I last purchased something. I do understand that this isn't possible. She had me on the phone for 15 minutes and put me on hold to try and expedite a replacement. I waited on hold for another 12 minutes only to be disconnected. I called back 3 times and was disconnected before I got to a rep. I then had the displeasure of getting "Pam" who actually put me on hold while I was talking and then came back to the line and said "are you done talking so I can talk." Rudest, most disrespectful person I've ever dealt with. She should be fired.

I explained that I had a disability and she said "well I'm 61 years old"! Like that was a bigger disability. I am 64 years old with a disability. I asked to speak to her supervisor and Ebony came on the line. After a total of over 35 minutes Ebony transferred me to another person improperly and I was disconnected AGAIN. I called back and between Cathy and then Ebony again, I have already been waiting 20 minutes to get back to the person she originally transferred me to. You have the worst customer service ever and you are CERTAINLY not cognizant of a person having disabilities and making it a bit more convenient. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Closed account causing checks to bounce - My daughter planned a trip Overseas to volunteer to help Others. We issued a check To the travel coordinators and the bank close the account. According to our records the bank Authorized us to issue the checks. Said the account was good and the account was closed. They claim by the account holder which was not accurate. The account was never authorized to be closed causing insufficient funds fees. I researched other reviews and a turns out this seems to be a common occurrence with this bank generating revenue from this ERROR.

I believe that students at Penn State should be given more opportunity greatest selection of banks to choose from and I'm very surprised at PNC Bank for seemingly perpetuating a common problem among many of their customers. When we spoke with customer service they Were very accusatory. Blaming us for the mistake when in fact it was not our mistake at all. We were told by the PNC representatives to go ahead. It issued the checks that the account was good. I recommend to everybody be very careful when dealing with PNC bank.

Original review: April 18, 2018

After having an account with PNC for 10 years, I inquired about a home mortgage loan and was working with Kara **. I spent a week provided 3 years of tax returns, all investment accounts and contractual information on my employment. I was told that my credit score was very good and should easily qualify for a loan based on my debt to income ratio. I never heard back from Kara and after leaving numerous messages and contacting the complaint department, Kara returned my call and informed me that the "underwriters won't approve the loan because your contract is only for a year". I had the director of the program contact them to explain that the standard contracts are a minimum of a year but intended to promote long-term employment. Regardless, Kara could not explain why my calls were not returned and the at this point I will never do business with PNC again.

It is obvious that PNC has become an entity disengaged from its customers and as such, we are just anonymous numbers easily dismissed. I would strongly encourage anyone looking for a customer based financial service to go local. Pinnacle Bank rose to the occasion and offered a better percentage rate with 100% financing. Lesson learned.

Original review: April 17, 2018

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I received an email that contained my balance at 12:45PM on April 16th. According to my Virtual Wallet app that the bank sells to you as a tool to make banking with them "worry free" the amount shown in the email was accurate. I never deposit the full amount of my check because even though it is payroll, it takes days to process. I deposited the first check I received after opening my account with PNC on a Friday and my funds were not available to me until the following Tuesday (even though I was told I could access them the next day). After that I opted to pay to have my check cashed elsewhere and deposit a portion of the cash into the account, so I always have cash on hand at the house. As of 11PM the amount had not changed in my account, and I had not used my debit card in two days.

I wake up the next day to find that I have $144 in overdraft fees for three purchases all less than $20 that processed from the weekend at a few minutes before midnight. I called customer service and spent 47 minutes on hold. Ending the call as I walked into the local branch that had opened before my call was ever answered. The manager said his hands were tied, and that he could not remove the fees. He also subtly accused me of fabricating my story. Told me that the transactions had posted at 10PM, so I could not have looked at a positive balance at 11PM.

I called customer service again and waited on hold for just over 30 minutes this time before speaking with a representative. I was again basically told there was nothing that could be done, so asked to be transferred to whomever was in charge of the call center. This is the person that told me the actual time that the transactions took place which was just minutes before midnight. When I explained my experience at the local branch, and how I was told that there was no way I could have looked at 11PM because everything had taken place before that, he apologized. I had begun to relax a little thinking that this person seemed sincere enough and appeared to want to help.

I asked about the fees and that is when his whole tone changed. He refused to do anything, and said that no matter how it happened I am responsible. I understand that if your account falls into the negative that there is a fee, and you are ultimately responsible, but the way everything happened has definitely left a bitter taste in my mouth. To me, it comes across as a legal scam. I am on my way to deposit enough money to cover the outrageous fees that were placed on my account and then am immediately closing it. I will never bank with PNC again. I opened the account based off of a friend's advice to do so, and wish I would have done more research first. Every review I have read since waking up to this problem is one that speaks of a bad experience. Don't let it happen to you. Bank somewhere else.

Original review: April 13, 2018

PNC is the worst Bank period for fair treatment of its customers. On 3.27/2018 I requested a Balance transfer which "immediately" posted to my PNC Card. Upon contacting Customer Service, I was assured that a check had been released the very same day to the other bank. After 18 days no check has been received and PNC declares it must be lost in the mail. Apparently the only option is to reissue and wait another 15 day process time - CANNOT be expedited. That leaves me carrying the same debt obligation for 30 days with both banks. This is "legalized stealing" on the part of PNC since there will never be any incentive to mail out offsetting checks in a timely manner. Anyone taking advantage of this "unsolicited" offering should only use the provided checks - DO NOT use the Online script.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Overdraft Item fee - I AM SO disappointment of PNC bank Customer service. They are the worst bank ever. I will never bank with them again. I will close my account with them and go and bank with other bank. They had the worst customer service. They aren't trying to listen to you or try to help you out. Never will I return back to them again. Are so rude when they are talking to the customer. They are just bad service. They just horrible? I am better with other banks.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I honestly don't know where to start. Basically, I applied for an online personal loan. This company called Advance America was all a fraud. I reached out to my Bank (PNC) on 3-13-18 to professionally dispute this matter at hand. Let's just stay as of Today 4-5-18. I have not gotten $1000 situation finalized. I will continue to fight for what is right and justified. Please could someone help me. After, tomorrow I will be notifiy my local police department as well as the BBB...

Original review: March 30, 2018

My son made 3 car payments at one time in February and received a confirmation number. Two weeks later the money appeared back in his checking account at the other bank so he called PNC to see what happened on 3 separate occasions and was told all 3 times the payments posted and he was all good. Yesterday morning he woke up only to see his car had been repo'd through the night by PNC bank for non payment.

He lives at home and I can tell you he had not received any mail from PNC or alerts regarding non payment, when we called them they informed us they had a system error in early March causing mass errors where payments weren't processed and were aware this was their error so after missing his test in college yesterday due to no automobile and spending all day on the phone they finally had the repo company bring his car back at midnight, 16 hours after our first phone call to them. They promise this won't show on his credit but considering they also assured him his payments had processed I do not trust them.

Original review: March 28, 2018

This is the worst bank to make online payments with. I made my 1st payment by phone because I threw my pin number away after setting up my account in January 2018, which did not work, so I had to make another request for a pin number which took 2 more weeks. My 2nd payment cleared March 07, 2018. (For February.) Made my 3rd payment online March 23, 2018 believing it went through because a confirmation number was given. Well started getting phone calls today saying no March payment has been received. Called back with confirmation number and was told they could not track the payment with that number and my promissory payment was broken March 27, 2018. When asked what did that mean and the lady said the payment did not go through. Why? Money was in my account to cover payment. I have never dealt with a bank that is so difficult to pay payments with.

Original review: March 26, 2018

PNC online banking installed a new system. Twice it didn't take my payment and I was charged a late fee. I had to call customer service to find out how to schedule a payment. I had no idea I had to go into transfer funds for credit payment. I called again today 3/26/18 because it happened a second time. I tried to set up my payment again! I got an error code and to call customer service! Credit card services is sending the info to someone else! This has cost me $26.00 fee. How many other people have late fees because of this system?

Original review: March 22, 2018

PNC is probably one of the worst banks that I’ve ever been unfortunate enough to deal with. They have good features, yes, but their added fees are simply ridiculous. They charge 36$ for an overdraft fee, and if your account is negative for more than five days, they charge an additional 7$ for every day that the account is overdrawn. I’ve been told that they made 12 billion dollars on overdraft fees alone. They hardly forgive the fees, and all of the employees are like robots with no compassion or understanding. They rehearse the same spiel every time, and at the end of the day, they don’t really try to actually help you out.

I spoke with a representative a few days ago about an overdraft fee that was assessed to my account due to a purchase that I had not made. She said that she wasn’t able to forgive the fee, even though I did not make the purchase, and she pushed me to opt in for overdraft protection. The representative explicitly told me that I WOULD NOT be charged an overdraft fee if I opted in to overdraft protection, and told me that this would make it so I did not have to deal with overdraft fees in the future. Believing what the representative said, I opted in for overdraft protection, and lo and behold, the next day I got charged a 36$ overdraft fee for a 5$ Hulu subscription. Upset with the false information I was given, I spoke with another representative the following day, explained the situation about being lied to, and he was not helpful at all.

He must’ve copied and pasted some spiel about all employees adhering to company policy, and all this other stuff they probably tell everyone. Even though I told him that I was lied to by the other representative. When I asked to speak to a manager, he basically said the same thing again, and then said that regardless of who I speak to, the answer is still going to be the same, which is total BS and untrue. I know people who have worked at PNC, and when I asked them about this, they basically all said the same thing: that PNC employees are trained to do everything or say anything to avoid speaking with a manager, because of how it supposedly reflects on them. I was told that the manager could be standing right next to the representative throughout the entire conversation, telling them to say they are busy or that they will tell me the same thing, just so they don’t have to deal with it.

I don’t expect to get special treatment, but I do expect companies and businesses to have integrity and to be honest with their customers. The fact that they did not acknowledge the fact that I was lied to, speaks volumes. It says to me that at the end of the day, they are more concerned with racking in extra money with all of the extra fees than they are about the actual satisfaction of their customers or about the integrity of the company. I can’t continue to support a bank that I’m not even able to trust.

Original review: March 21, 2018

On 3/21/18, I went to close my account at PNC Bank, 2761 Fairfield Commons, Beavercreek OH 45431. Once the teller and I could hear each other over the carrying on from other employees, we confirmed that only the manager could close the account or I could get cash. The manager was having a 20 minute call while we were waiting even though he knew we were waiting. The teller then directed me to him. After confirming my identity with my license, he has the check made out to me to me to cash out.

We were in the bank about 30 minutes to get close the account and make one other transaction. Both the teller and manager kept my license and did not offer to return it. My wife had to physically take it from the manager's desk. The unprofessional and party atmosphere of the bank is appalling. The lack of business sense in not knowing how to close an account and return legal documents show this bank is there for themselves and not customers. I sure did make the right move in closing the account. I will never return!

Original review: March 16, 2018

My account had pending transactions on the 15th. I made a mobile deposit on the 15th. Given that PNC posts transactions by 10pm, all pending transactions along with my deposit were due to clear. On the 16th I was hit with two $36 fees as if funds were not available for what was pending. The Rep then went into explaining the amount of funds that are available immediately ($100) and that it was put against an amount of a recurring charge. When I alerted her of the fact that that charge was still pending, she then wanted to "research" why it was showing as pending when her "computer" showed it being paid from the "available" funds. After no clear explanation on that, she then went on to explain how Overdraft Coverage works.

Apparently, according to what this PNC Rep explained, this coverage only allows debit, credit and ATM withdrawals to be paid and not recurring charges. There were 2 recurring charges that they allowed to come through because it was at the "discretion" of PNC. Meaning, they purposely allowed these to post then used the "excuse" of unavailable funds to charge me $72 in fees when a deposit and all pending transactions cleared on the exact same day! I don't care for banking institutions that state that the purpose of coverage options is to ensure customers in the case of an emergency then utilize those same options to charge fees at their discretion. As soon as I am able to, the majority of my banking will be done elsewhere. I'm done with PNC!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I used this bank for 7 yrs. I have never been more dissatisfied in my life with a bank. Over the weekend I did a couple of emergency errands at a pharmacy before the snow storm. I had enough to cover my purchase on my account. On Monday I had to buy a transit pass to get to and from work, I was short $7.00. No biggie. On Tuesday I was hit with $115.00 on overdraft fees. On Wednesday it was $152.00. I called customer service to explain my situation and I was passed on to the department that handles the overdraft fee charges. The manager (John) so he said he was a manager, doubt it with his lack of customer service. Argued with me telling me that I didn’t have no funds for my purchase done over the weekend when I was monitoring my money through Virtual Wallet. He said he would not discuss the fees no longer. That he wasn’t going to remove them.

I understand that if you don’t have money and the bank covers you then yes you’re responsible for that fee, but a $36.00 fee for a $1.89 purchase and then another $36.00 for a $3.75 purchase and then another $36.00 fee for a $21.50 purchase all of the above purchase was done while having funds in my account. The only purchase that actually did fall on me was that of a trans pass to get to and from work. The trans pass cost $25.50 and at that time I only had $18.70 in my account so I got hit with $36.00 overdraft fee which I own up for. But to take half of my paycheck on fees that I had money for because the order they posted, especially in today’s time where all kind of help is being cut for the working class, etc. Especially when you been a customer to this bank since college days.

I’ve never felt so robbed by an institution that I trusted my money with. John if that indeed is his name manager of department of overdraft fees if indeed that is his title was not at all sympathetic and of no help, he made a bad day into a nightmare. I will be closing this account ASAP once it’s up to date. I will never recommend PNC Bank to no one!!!

PNC expert review by Barbara Friedberg

PNC bank serves individuals, small businesses, corporations and government entities. Their banking division has over 6 million customers across 19 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, PNC has 2,600 branches and 9,000 ATMs, along with online and mobile services.

• Divisions: PNC Bank has the following organizational structure: retail banking, asset management, corporate & institutional banking, residential mortgage banking and Blackrock. PNC Bank owns approximately 25% of the BlackRock Investment Management Firm.

• Products and services: PNC offers the typical checking, savings, credit and debit cards as well as lending solutions. Their unique offerings include student, university and WorkPlace banking. PNC also offers investment and retirement products and a virtual wallet.

• Virtual Wallet®: This specialty offering gives customers a clear money picture and helps users control, plan and reach their financial goals. It includes a calendar and bill pay function.

• Online and mobile banking: Online or on their devices, PNC gives consumers account access, bill pay, check deposit, transfers and more services 24/7 from a tablet, phone and computer.

• Wealth management: This department offers asset management, asset protection and planning for the future. Clients can invest and plan for their financial future with personalized advisors.

• Education: PNC provides information about leading financial, budgeting, investing, lending and overall money topics with information for all of their customers from students to well-heeled investors.

• Best for: PNC is best for customers who live near a PNC Bank branch. For those consumers, PNC is a viable banking solution for those seeking a full-service bank with investing access.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg