Find a Loan Modification partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Specialized Loan Servicing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Specialized Loan Servicing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Specialized Loan Servicing?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

We have gone through an unprecedented family tragedy house fire. The house has no mortgage and we never heard of this group. This group out of nowhere says they are now the lien holders of the house. How in God’s name can a group from nowhere with terrible reviews do such a crime against humanity. Praying our probate attorney brings justice to this unlawful group.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

We are trying to get out of forbearance with SLS caused by Covid. We have tried for over 6 months with their coaching and this experience has defined the word "INSANITY". No one calls you back, No knows what needs to be done. No one knows what needs to be in the document package. We never talked to the person that was supposedly our contact. "They are busy" so you get someone new every time.

Here is the kicker. They are not suppose to report late payments or any infraction while in forbearance. We paid more than our mortgage every month yet we were hit with 3 late payments. It is impossible for this to happen but we are dealing with SLS!!! Now we have to fight them over these credit rating hits as we are trying to escape their Mortgage System. Can you say insanity? And to end this, we paid off the forbearance in an attempt to escape them. No such luck. This company should be investigate by the Federal Exchange Commission or other governing body and be liquidated. Thanks for your time and good luck. You are going to need it.

Get buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

If you have a choice, run in another direction! Delay in updating info, lost payments, erroneous "collection" calls. Reps & supervisors have no decision making ability. Follow up call promises do not occur.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

If at all possible never, never obtain a mortgage or HELOC loan from this sham of a company. Terrible customer service. Next to impossible to get an answer. Absolutely the worst and least helpful company I have ever dealt with. There are dozens of reputable companies out there. Run, don't walk away from this one.

Original review: July 20, 2021

This company is TERRIBLE!!!!! I would NOT even give this SLS ONE star!! If you are thinking of using this company for your financial needs, DON'T!!! Run as fast and as far as you can from SLS!!!! Here is my horror story: I have been with SLS since Jan. 1, 2021 when my State Farm home equity loan account was sold to SLS. My account debt with SLS was PAID in FULL to a ZERO balance in Jan. 2021 but, these people could not get their accounting correct for some reason for months. SLS started sending me letters of threat for non payment, with threats of turning me over to collection and strikes against my credit score. I made many multiple phone calls to get it all straighten out but, talking to these totally inept so-called customer support reps was a complete joke and a waste of time!!!

Communication is a absolute nightmare with this company!!! You can never talk to the same person twice. Finally I had to write a letter and mail it to the office in Greenwood Village CO about what was THEIR screw up. Weeks later I get a poor-excuse of a letter stating they got their screw up fix and all is well. Let me tell you, from all the phone calls, emails and the letters I have had to do, to get SLS to fix their mistake, "all is NOT well".

I have had it with this lousy company and I have only dealt with them since the first of the year!! So today (7/20/2021) I called SLS to terminate my account with them. To get this done I now have to jump thru more hoops with sending more emails and pay these jokers $75 dollars!! Yes! That's right. I have to pay them money to get the privileged of Not doing business with SLS!!! So for those of you that might read this review, I suggest to you my friends, DO NOT do business with SLS and if you currently have an account with them, find another lender that is local and get them to take over your account. Specialized Loan Servicing is NOT a company you want to deal with! Period!!

Original review: July 19, 2021

BofA sold my home equity line of credit to SLS. Ever since day one, the right hand has never known what the left is doing regarding payments. My most recent experience, 1July21, my regular monthly payment was returned in full even though there is an outstanding balance due. When I called to inquire as to why the payment was returned, the young lady on the phone saw where payments had been received and credited to my account but that my account was flagged as being past due. She did see where the payment was received but why it was returned she didn’t know, but my account had been placed in past due status because obviously the returned payment was credited to my account as it regularly should have been. While trying to exercise the best patience I could muster trying to help her get to the bottom of it, she finally got as frustrated and disgusted as I was and just simply hung up on me. This outfit is THE most incompetent loan service provider I have EVER dealt with in 30 years!

Original review: July 15, 2021

Wow! Lots of the reviews are spot on in regards to how this company handles its business and clients. Here's our nightmare. We thought we had paid off one of our properties, to find out 2 months later that they applied the money to the wrong account. We actually found out because we received a statement showing us late on a mortgage that we thought was paid off. Still getting the run around after 3 weeks. How can a company this incompetent still be in business? They have been less to no help in the many times I have called to resolve this matter; there is some excuse about how we need to send in proof; and when you send it they never receive it, how convenient.

Original review: May 28, 2021

SLS is the worst Mortgage Company I've ever dealt with. They take your payments and post it then put it has a negative on your statement. Which then shows no payments received. Then you call them and rep. states was computer problem. Which is crap. They steal your payments. Then you receive the monthly statement showing you're thousands of dollars behind which you know you're not. And before you know it a statement will come out showing over one year behind. You call them and are told that you're behind but you've only been with them just a little over one year. The government needs to close this company down for good. They are steal everyone's money from us blind. I would never refer SLS to my worst enemy because that's how bad SLS is.

Original review: May 14, 2021

I had been using the website and paying my mortgage online. I had only a few payment left to make and my mortgage would be paid off. They disabled my login - so I could no longer make payments or look at the account balance. My last payment was supposed to be only a few hundred dollars but I get a bill for the full amount. I call them and they tell me to pay another amount, which I do. I was then paid off, but on Dec 1st I get another bill for the same full amount. I call and they say I am all paid off - don't worry about it. Then they ding my credit report !!!!!!

Why did they report me to the credit bureau for being 30 days late both November and December? My loan was already paid off. Then they send me a whole stack of payment coupons for 2021! Trying to reach them by phone is HORRIBLE, by mail - IMPOSSIBLE. It is now 5 months later and they still have not sent me the information I requested. This is criminal behavior - affecting my credit report like this.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Specialized Loan Servicing continued to draft my mortgage after my home loan was paid off. I called to complain and wanted my funds back. No satisfaction, talked to a front line employee who couldn't explain to me why that happen and told me it would be a month before I would receive a refund. I asked to speak with someone who could possibly help me with my refund, told me if would be 48 hours before a supervisor would get in touch with me. 10 days later no one has been in contact with me about my situation.

Specialized Loan Servicing Company Information