2. Finance

Take a Debt Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Specialized Loan Servicing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Specialized Loan Servicing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Specialized Loan Servicing?

Original review: March 13, 2020

Specialized Loan Servicing purchased my HELOC from Key Bank of Knoxville, TN and has consistently lowered my interest rate on my interest only HELOC. Looking forward to Athens lower interest from the recent .5 points decrease.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Our mortgage was sold to SLS from WF who did not want to work with us while we were in foreclosure. Had to file chap 13 and although cost me 6000k SLS just gave us a modification after a 3 month trial mod.. Always keep in contact with them, be truthful and at least my experience I still provide a roof over my family's head. Thank you SLS.

Get buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

BOA sold my mortgage to SLS....and I haven't had any issues. When I was notified that bank of america sold my mortgage, I did some reading about SLS. All the reviews were beyond terrible. I admit. I was a bit worried. It's been 2 months, and everything has gone fine. I did get a paper saying my escrow account was short. They showed their math. My options were to send them $250 +/-, or I could add it into my mortgage payment for the next year (maybe longer).

Website seems fine. I just make my payments online with a couple clicks. I can see all the info for my account. I like it. Maybe it was easier because I am current. I think it was 60 days (maybe 90) after the mortgage was sold. They don't charge late fees. It took almost a month to get my account info. No big deal, as the money wasn't burning a hole in my pocket yet. Overall a good experience so far. I think this might be the first review I have ever written, but I felt like I had to. If this saves one person from sweating it out like I did when my mortgage switched, it was worth it.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I refinanced with another company and it closed on 6/26. CMC's automated system says the payment was received 6/29. It is now 8/13, and after 10 phone calls, I still haven't gotten the refund for my prepaid July mortgage payment (not realizing the refi closing would happen so quickly), and escrow. They owe me $3,920. Paid off my mortgage to CMC with a refinance to another company on 6/29/20. Before the closing, I paid my July mortgage to CMC on thinking the refi would take weeks, and I didn't want to be late. CMCs phone system indicates they received and applied pay off payment on 6/29/20 before the July mortgage was due. They verbally claim they received it on 7/8 and deducted $272 in PMI for the month of July.

I've called them 7 times since 6/26. As of 8/10 they have yet to refund my escrow and the full mortgage payment for July. They told me verbally they mailed $3,648.86 (escrow and July payment) which I have not received. They siad they kept $272 in PMI for the month of July. They refuse to refund that money. I don't understand how they can charge and keep PMI when they no longer hold the mortgage. I've received no correspondence or refunds from them as of today, 8/10/20. They owe me $3,920 which includes the prepaid mortgage ($2,250) and escrow balance ($1,670).

Original review: July 23, 2020

Specialized Loan spends all of its' time on the phone, communicating that none of its' staff and senior managers have no idea how the company works nor how to resolve any issue. The ineptitude is shocking and definitely unprofessional and treats mortgagees with numbing rudeness.

Original review: July 7, 2020

We are going to start legal proceedings against your company. You have cashed our check for our house payment on June 1st and claim that you don't have it. We have given you proof that you cashed it, spent numerous hours on the phone with multiple incompetent agents and now you have applied our July payment to June. You are threatening to ruin our credit and payment history with your mismanaged processes. We are going to sue you and we just posted along with many others, a negative Better Business Bureau review. Several people have been scammed out of their house payments by your company. SLS is the most incompetent company we have ever worked with. I will start a campaign against your company and write negative reviews wherever I can. You messed with the wrong family.

Original review: June 25, 2020

SLS is the horrible and has the same terrible customer service to boot. NO ONE CAN GIVE A DIRECT ANSWER. The company mails letters to threaten foreclosure however they cannot seem to generate a monthly statement. Today - I was told the company does not mail out receipts. I did not ask for a receipt! I asked for what should be in my mailbox – monthly statement. Terrible for not sending any type of follow up or documentation. The reps give the option to email to the customer service mailbox for assistance. Not one of my email request have been addressed.

I understand everyone needs a job but SLS needs to stop the madness and pay people a decent wage and speak with common sense. Useless and horrible from the top of the pyramid to the bottom. This review might fall on deaf ears but darn it I am pissed, sick and tired and absolutely irritated that I must deal with this company. Common sense and courtesy go a long way. Also please listen to the caller's question before you continue to talk and think you know what someone is asking.

Original review: June 18, 2020

This is the worst company on the planet and every time you try speak a live person, the system just directs you for a callback. Tried paying house off and they said they never received the check after 30 days.

Original review: June 11, 2020

This company sent $3k from my escrow account to the wrong parcel number to pay property taxes. I have spent countless hours and phone minutes trying to get connected with a "real" person to no avail. No one wants to take responsibility for "their" error and return the funds to my account. They seem to like playing the "pass the buck game!" Meantime, SLS has generated a new escrow analysis on my loan incorporating the escrow shortage (that they created by their error) and have increased my monthly payment by $300.00. How the heck is this my fault?? Maybe it's time to hire a lawyer or go to the media about my experience.

Original review: June 11, 2020

SLS has a persistent habit of registering payments late. Usually this phenomenon has been self correcting, but recently they actually assessed late fees for a payment stamped received on a check by 13 May. The payment was due on the 15th. They dated it the 19th. I did not chose this company. My mortgage was sold to them.

Specialized Loan Servicing Company Information