1.2/5 (716 ratings)

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Select Portfolio Servicing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Portfolio Servicing?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

73 year old widow who could not make payments after husband died. I asked for a modification, their answer was twice the mortgage until I was caught up. Then I went for a short sale. 8 times I sent in paperwork they asked for and 7 times they said it was wrong. Last time they said I didn't sign paperwork (which I did). Redid all paperwork and sent in. They said those papers were wrong. (They were the ones they had previously approved.) Foreclosed on my house. I had to move and no 10k relocation fee. This company is AWFUL and they don't care.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

Haven’t been late on a payment in more than two years and I received a letter from them stating that I’m somehow $10,000 short in my escrow which will increase my monthly payment by more than $400 per month next year. If you get an offer from this company, run and don’t look back.

Get buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

My home was foreclosure in 2020. I was discriminated against because of my metal illness And low Income. SPS became my mortgage company in 2009. The first month of them becoming my leader I was told they didn't get the payment. After I remain making payment. But then the interest rates kept going up higher and higher. I was never able to catch up with the interest rates. I continue to make payments until in 2019 SPS sent August payment$ 1,130 back and a letter saying that they wanted me to start paying $2,400 for 6months and after the 6months they will make a decision to bring the payment down. I didn't know what to do. 2 months I was put out. I ended up in WardB. After I was homeless. I couldn't find a place to stay because the people that SPS sold house to put a eviction notice on my name.

I didn't know what to do. I was on a lot medicine. I went to my church for help. "I, leave in my home for over 30years, Taking care of my family and I took care of children for 17 years there License by the state. And now when I go by my home it is empty whoever SPS sold my home to lose it. I just cry when go by there. My mental illness has me so depress I don't know where to go get help about SPS. Please help.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

I reviewed all of your view I am also trapped same situations they were asking 6000 for my home tax which I pay by myself direct to king county Washington by their web. Then these stupid untrained inexperienced employees asking me last year. Over mortgage was not paid I checked my bank money was paid, when. Call them again they charged the recording stating 1745 last year December now u have all their concern recorded, first of all why Chase without our consent sold two these evil, But one think I could never understood I am still sending my mortgage into chase account in New York.. I think we all should get together and sue them fraudulently taking our money. Few year back they intimidate me that my house will go for foreclosure or pay 11000.00. I paid. I was included my home tax and some other unknown charges I paid, assumed my mistake, miss the payment, was totally confused

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I bought a house 3 yrs ago and before I made my first payment my account was sent to Select Portfolio to be serviced. I had a high interest rate so I had reservations that I would be able to make the payment. I asked SPS if they had any programs to help me and I was told no. I lost my job due to covid and the only job I could find paid $4 on the hour less. This caused me to fall further behind. Sps finally told me about a loan modification and stated if approved I would have a lower interest rate and payment.

I went through the steps to see if I could be approved. I was told it would take around 90 days to get an answer. 90 days turned into a year and a half! Also during the process sps tried to foreclose on me. Nobody that works there can tell the truth nor do they have a clue what they are doing! I finally got an answer this past Friday and my payment went from 1034 to 1333 a month. Talk about being upset!! Run as far as you can from this company!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

When I first started having to use this company I noticed that I was still paying for my home insurance directly to USAA and on the escrow account to these people. I first tried getting them to pay USAA and that failed so I have been trying to get these people to close the escrow account since they are just collecting money and not paying the bills with it. I have had to fill out their form multiple times and the only thing the people who answer the phone can do is say to call back or wait for someone to call you. This company should not be in business!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I've been with SPS for a few years now. Honestly I felt their website and customer service was ok. Since Covid 19 my business has suffered. Being a realtor and tax preparer Covid made it tough to make any money last year. Recently I had a pipe burst at my house... Even though insurance would have only fixed the break not all the other issues that arose from it. I reached out to SPS to possibly get my past due pushed to the end just until January. I filled out the application on 8/9/22. NO ONE EVER TALKS TO YOU... It's a cookie cutter process and very redundant. They literally led me along asking me for the same documents 20 times...even though they say the items uploaded go directly to your account.

The type of business I have is seasonal so it would never fit into a cookie cutter situation and had they reached out to me directly so we can discuss then I believe it would have been more personal. They do NOT care... Actually their recourse was to get an appraisal to see what's in it for them. Long Story Short today on my birthday I was denied any relief.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

I purchased a commercial property under a LLC in January and it was not reported on my credit report. Then Select Portfolio Servicing began servicing the loan and started reporting it under my personal credit report. I have filed disputes with the credit reporting agencies and tried to contact them. They will not respond to me and insist to credit bureaus that it is a personal loan. I have given documentation of the ownership and the mortgage. I also have reported to the CFPB as well. I believe the next issue will be that they report inaccurate payment information.

Original review: June 29, 2022

I called them multiple times to request escrow analysis. After 2 months, somebody finally decided to talk. Very rude people. Very ignorant management. Select Portfolio Servicing is the worst company I have ever dealt with. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID...

Original review: June 21, 2022

I have reached out to SPS many time about my mortgage statement-1st I never received it by mail until 2 days before due-mail date postmark 25 and I am in California-set up for e-mail for payment due by the 15th. Today is the 21st. Has yet to be posted. I was a Chase customer. This company is the WORST lenders I have ever dealt with in the last 40years!

Select Portfolio Servicing Company Information