Find a Loan Modification partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Select Portfolio Servicing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Portfolio Servicing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Portfolio Servicing?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I went into the forbearance plan because of Covid 19. Missed 12 payment only to be told I have 30 days to pay back the balloon payment or second option foreclosure!!! Just like that! They are not willing to help in any way! As I read the reviews others have been told the same Iike I was told I had options at the end of the forbearance!!! Hello where’s my help! You identify your company as "We are here to help". **! But I’m not giving up!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

When a company sells your account to another you should be notified, so you can plan another route. This company is for the birds... They are always saying, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience," but they are not.

Get buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I am being penalized for SPS system Default in May 2021. Not my fault, was not notified. Was told different things on 4 different calls. I refuse to be penalized for the company mess up which they admit.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Filed Chapter 7 that was discharged and mobile home included in discharge. Never reaffirmed. Moved out of mobile home and now getting demands for payments and demands to carry insurance on property on rented land. Sent bill demanding insurance on property not owned by me. My insurance company will not even open a policy on such nonsense. Apparently they do not understand bankruptcy discharged.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I am trying to obtain a modification to be able to lower the current 6.5% equivalent interest to something a little lower, I have never been behind with my payments, and that is why I asked for help in obtaining a modification, but since the 1st day they have been playing me asking for the same documents over and over again, and the same excuse that the underwriter will be reviewing the case and that if there were another change they would let me know but that never happens, I am the one who looks at my account page and I see the same new message from the same and then I call and write to the relationship manager assigned to my case.

Elizabeth **. That's her name, and I have never managed to talk to her, I feel that it is a game and a lack of morals towards us clients, they are irresponsible and No professionalism, they have unqualified personnel, what they do is embarrassing, and the only thing I can say is a shame that financial companies like these are operating without any kind of remorse knowing that they are abusing honest people, I consider it inhuman. That's all I have to say.

Original review: July 28, 2021

If I could give them a 0 rating I would. They doubled my escrow payment, charge me 15 dollars a month to make a payment, I told them I would refi, they said that's my option, I did, now they get none of my hard earned money. I hope they burn in h-e-double-toothpicks for their predatory actions.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I had an FHA refi done through major mortgage house, received all obligations fulfilled letter and 2 phone calls stating the same with congratulations. Received a refund for over payment 4 months later. Just received a notice my loan is in default, a lien was put on my home and failure to respond forced them to start foreclosure on me. No mail, emails, phone calls or notifications to myself or the title and escrow company were made claiming I have a no paper policy in place?? Phone calls to discuss this was met with extremely rude customer service reps, I was given 10 reasons why I owed back payments all of them proved to be false and they were supplied proof by myself and they title company.

I have been given a 2K, 3K, 4K, 5K and now 6K payoff quote in over a 4 day period and it goes up by $1000 every time I call them and show proof obligations were met. Today's story was I owe $$ on a home modification they did for me. NO LOAN mod was ever done with these liars. Now I have to get an attorney and sue them to stop harassments. Better follow up if you did a refi to get away from these scammers and contact title company before you get a notice 5 months later.

Original review: July 22, 2021

There is no rating for this agency, but I was forced to select one so I went with the lowest rating available. I have been forced to work with this agency after my original loan was sold to them. Staff are unprofessional. I have never dealt with a loan company that refuses to hear concerns of a paying customer! My original loan was sold to them in 2019 and every interaction has been met with rude staff! They are not trained in resolving matters however they are very good with being condescending and argumentative with customers.

If you have a choice do not allow this agency to be in charge of your mortgage- you will be extremely disappointed if you do so. For others that have had bad experiences I encourage you to make reports to the Consumer Protection Bureau- 1-855-411-2372. For those that have an option to refinance you should do so. No agency that is unable to offer solutions/listen to your concerns should be in charge of one of the most expensive investments that you will ever make! TAKE HEED TO ALL THE COMPLAINTS LISTED ON THIS PAGE OR ANYWHERE WHERE CUSTOMERS ARE ALLOWED TO POST A REVIEW. ALSO if you are looking for an equity accelerator program please do not use Earn Up!

Original review: July 16, 2021

Wells Fargo had put us on a COVID forbearance. Shortly after the forbearance started, Wells sold our mortgage to Select Portfolio Services. They (SPS) claimed that they sent paperwork to a wrong address and hadn’t gotten any paperwork from Wells Fargo. By the time they decided to called our residence, they said that we were being foreclosed on. They claimed that they didn’t have to honor Wells Fargo’s forbearance and if we would like a loan modification the payments would be over double the normal payment per month for the next 12 months and the payments/interest that had been missed would go to the end of the mortgage. They also wanted the escrow and late payments paid in full.

As if this wasn’t bad enough (SPS) needed a response by the 21 of July. This gave us 2 weeks to scramble. Putting 5 kids homeless right before school is not acceptable. We sent an appeal about the payment and was told we would be notified within a week. We were not. Upon calling they still hadn’t reviewed our appeal and said that they didn’t want to resubmit it because it would just prolong it longer. Please let us know if we have any hope of keeping our home and thank you for your time.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I had been paying this guys for a year and they don't want to report to the credit agencies for a year. I keep calling them and calling them and they keep saying 30 months and 60 months and they had decline to report to the credit bureau agencies because they are inventing things they keep saying.

Select Portfolio Servicing Company Information