Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.26/5

Select Portfolio Servicing

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

617 Select Portfolio Servicing Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My dealings with SPS were as the POA - agent in fact - for my brother in law. The mortgage was transferred to SPS from Suntrust Mortgage. Initially, I was skeptical based on other reviews. The mortgage was current and remained so until paid off in full when the property sold. There were many instances that required me to call SPS customer service and each time the issues were addressed and satisfied by one of the best customer service departments and representatives that I have ever dealt with. The reps were always professional, courteous and quickly handled each request. I hope that anyone doing business with SPS will be given the same service that I have received. An absolute pleasure to work with these people. :)

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

During the government shutdown this company has been EXTREMELY HELPFUL and kind. We cannot thank them enough. We have had help from both the main call center and the loss mitigation team who have been able to assist us and put our minds at ease. We have had nothing but a great experience with SPS.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I just read all the negative reviews and had to share a positive one! I am not an employee of SPS nor affiliated with them in any way. We've had our home loan through SPS for 6 years now and we've never had one problem! Just had to share!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

My experience with this company from day one has always been a good experience. There is nothing I can ever complain about concerning this company. I am glad that every call I make, every communication by letter or etc., is good and acceptable.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

My loan was sold by HSBC to Caliber Home Loans and then to Select Portfolio (SPS). I have had nothing but a great experience, thus far. Due to illness and a loss of time at work, we fell behind. I contacted them immediately. They told me where to go on their site to request assistance. Everything was submitted online. Their application, and any documentation was uploaded right there. No lost paperwork! Within a couple of weeks, I was offered a 3 month trial period and ultimately, a permanent loan modification. Saved our home. Any time I had questions, the customer service and my relationship specialist were helpful and always answered all my questions. I am sorry that so many of you have had a terrible experience. I can’t wrap my head around how that is, when I’ve had nothing but a great experience. My advice. Speak to your relationship specialist and be sure to submit all documentation that is required.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Portfolio Servicing?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I'm the listing agent authorized to work this Short Sale process. Almost 6 months have passed and there is nothing, no responses nor approval. I've been communicating with SPS short sale department since receiving a ratified contract about 5 months ago. Every time I sent a document, or a written clarification, or phone call triggered a one month of lengthy waiting period to get a new response, which is "still reviewing" or "send me a clarification", and repeats for another month. One clarification was on the first page of the HUD1, now we call it Closing Disclosure, about the SELLER CREDIT. SPS concern was that the credit amount showing was going back to the seller/borrower/owner of the house. If the whole page is read, the bottom of the page states zero to seller. There is no doubt the credit is for the buyer. But SPS representative asked me to correct and add wording to that.

The new wording is "seller to credit to buyer" so there is no doubt the credit is to buyer, and it even shows on the buyer side of the page receiving the same amount. Other issues are that all representatives are on different pages, they all say different things that many times are contradictory. Today, one representative hang-up the phone. I called again, and an arrogant male told me a different story. He also told me that I should apologize after interrupting him. The delay might cause the first lien holder to initiate the foreclosure proceedings and we will get nothing. Please SPS get your ACT together and work at the pace everybody else is going.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

First. I don't like companies that pretend to be something they aren't by taking a name that reflects a service they don't provide. Second. This is a collection agency that buys mortgages. Finally...my mortgage was sold to these hacks by Capital One. Since they acquired my loan, they will not stop calling me to remind me that I owe a mortgage payment, every month, over and over, even after I paid them. I haven't missed a payment, to anyone for 30 years, my credit score is 820 and these morons treat me like a deadbeat. Don't do business with SPS if you can avoid it.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I have been with BofA for years, always paid my mortgage on time and never missed a payment, I’ve never had any problems until they sold my mortgage to SPS, I’ve had nothing but problems and tremendous aggravation. They are literally making me ill physically. I’ve made tons of calls to straighten out the mess they created and it’s still not right. My next step is to sue them for pain and suffering. They lied to me when they said that my mortgage and my payments would stay the same. I think that everyone on this site has nothing good to say about them and now a lawsuit needs to be the next step. This should never be allowed to happen to us. Please include me in the lawsuit because I have a complete paper trail. I would love to go after BofA for allowing this to happen.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Our loan was sold to SPS about 2 years ago and it has so far been the worst experience of my life. They appear nice on the surface but they are the devil. We send all necessary paperwork for "help" only to be told a month later something wasn't signed or something wasn't dated. We have made mortgage payments only to be told they aren't enough then send the specified amount only to have them returned with no explanation. Meanwhile, the amt. owed keeps escalating. They need to be investigated and held accountable for their treatment of people. I am definitely interested in a class action lawsuit against them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

On July 17 I paid off mortgage loan with payoff quote they provided on my request. So I do a payment over the phone with one of their CSRs and recorded the conversation. Everything went through, received confirmation number. I call back on the July 20 and they state they have received the funds and I quote "we have the funds" so still everything good to go.

On the 22 July I check website and it states no principal balance and when trying to check account on phone it does not allow me to access I figured because our relationship is severed. Then on the twenty-five July I call and speak to a csr and they state that I still owe the full balance as if I had never paid. I ask, "Where did the funds go that you said you had received" and they said they never got any. The bank account did not exist. Sure it didn't. So I can just make up a bank account number from thin air or from the back of a SS card, put any banks routing number with it, and then just go on my merry way buying whatever the hell I want. Someone got my money and I smell a rat. Specifically a SPS rat.

Select Portfolio Servicing Company Information