Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
  2. Finance
  3. Loan Modification

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Select Portfolio Servicing Reviews

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

SPS has unlawfully denied me a HAMP Tier II, In-house loan modification, assistance with the hardest hit program, the 2017 Department of Justice Credit Issue Settlement for consumers all so that they could take my home. Their loss mitigation department just gives you the runaround. They make multiple misrepresentations, omissions and use trickery and deceit when handling borrowers/homeowners. They are running a mafia type organization out there in Utah with reckless abandon. Homeowners who have them as their mortgage loan servicer don't stand a chance. SPS is a debt collector hiding under the guise as a mortgage loan servicer. All they want is the house! And, they will get the house by hook or crook. This is nothing but an old school shakedown by way of fraud. The US government is very well aware and will tell you that this is a civil matter but this is far from a civil matter this is criminal racketeering at it's highest order.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I used SPS phone payment for January payment. I noticed the funds were not removed from my bank account so I called Customer Service. The Rep told me I had made payment for Feb 29. No Way! He would not assist me when I stated I did not make the payment for Feb 29. I stated there are only 28 days in Feb. This year is Leap Year so 29. I think there was a glitch. PLEASE comment if you had same situation!!

Get expert buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

The mortgage I had was taken over by Select Portfolio Servicing. After ready previous reviews I must admit I started freaking out. Once I was able to get ahold of customer service I felt much better. I was explained the process and told to wait a few days (5) so I can access my account online. After my phone call I also emailed customer service to explain I wasn’t able to access my account. Lo and behold, a few days later I was able to access my account, set up automatic bank withdraws with no issues. I received a call back from customer service to check if I had any concerns. I was impressed by the professionalism of both reps I spoke to. This would of been a 5 star review if only I was told in the welcome letter I received that the process takes a few business days. I hope this review helps others in knowing not all hope is lost.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I will keep this short and sweet...a bunch of donkeys and monkeys work there...absolutely clueless and really should consider paying their workers in grass and bananas cause they are a bunch of clueless animals!!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My mortgage was sold to SPS from my previous Mortgage Company. I've been set up on AutoPay and pay BI-Monthly. I recently received a statement showing I'm close to two months behind on payments and fined for it. Meanwhile, as in my contract, THEY are to withdraw payments from my bank and have been until this problem. I called customer service and was told they can see I am on autopay and took 30 minutes putting me on and off hold trying to get an answer but couldn't. I was told I'd get a return call within a day or two. I didn't so I called the person at his extension I talked with previously. I got someone else who knew nothing about my problem and said the guy I wanted will call later in the day. He didn't.

I then sent a complaint to their ombudsman and I never heard from him. This could affect my credit negatively anytime. This is such an easy problem to fix but they are all in the dark how to do it while my debt grows. After reading pages of complaints on the BBB website and YELP, I am scared. I read things much worse. I also read similar problems like mine. I will say what many on those sites said. STAY AWAY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Portfolio Servicing?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

They acquired our mortgage from Wells Fargo in December of 2019. They alerted us to the change. We set up a payment from my electronic bill pay. Got a notice from them almost immediately that we owed them for November (???). Called repeatedly to tell them that was impossible, as we'd paid our previous note holder for that month. They insisted we fax (???) proof. After much effort we did, as they do NOT accept email verification (???). Sent confirmation, proof of payment. No reply. Called and they said they had not received anything.

Paid my Dec and Jan mortgages, just got a note that we owed two months and were "seriously delinquent". Spoke with an attorney, lawsuit forthcoming. Was told that they are "worst" and it appears that they look to force people into default. Note: they refuse to join a three way, live calls. If your bank sells your mortgage to them, plan on misery, plain and simple. ReFi or Sell. It is the only way. To those who work there, get another job! The market is good, you can find something better. To the C suite, I hope God revisits the evilness of your efforts back one hundred fold. You are not running a business. In my opinion you are stealing. You prey on the weak, the old, the infirmed, those who have no recourse. SHAME ON YOU.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

My home had a fire in August. I recently settled with the insurance co. I do have a mortgage on this property. The insurance check was made out to me and Select Portfolio Servicing. I am selling the home as is instead of repairing it. SPS has the funds and they will not apply it to my principal until I pay off the mortgage which I do not have the funds to do. They tell me the funds are for repairs. This is ludicrous! I have been speaking to them for about 2 1/2 weeks and I am getting my attorney involved. I do have a signed for sale contract.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

This company bought our loan and now have us in default. They charge to make payments on the phone yet their website never freaking works. Sends assistance program information via snail mail after I filled it out twice online and now when I go to do it, it boots me off their website. We are in being threaten of foreclosure. We are behind on our payments but not enough for foreclosure to take effect.

I am not on the loan, but been dealing with the mortgage for almost 8 years. It was the same company up until a year ago. My husband would call, tell them they can speak to me and we were set. Now they said they can not speak to me due to the state we live in, we have to come online to fill out paperwork to authorize me for them to talk to me. I am so furious with this company it is driving me crazy.

They seriously need to work better with their clients. I have tried numerous times to contact them. Via email, via website and phone and I get little to no response. They send 2 of the same thing in the mail that takes over a week to get to us. And it is absolutely worthless! Then the 3rd thing was the same thing I filled out online.

I am going to try and call again today but this is insane. I will be contacting a lawyer for advice with this. I do not know where to pay the payment. I am scared to pay the other company, we have gotten notices in Nov that we can still pay previous company. None of this makes sense. You are assigned a person as your rep manager. Yet they do not contact you directly either.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I have a 2nd mortgage that is serviced by SPS. I was trying to refinance my 1st mortgage and all I needed was a simple subordination. They denied it and would not give a clear reason why. I spoke with Leah ** who is by far the rudest nonhelpful person I have ever spoke to. All was was asking for was a simple approval. Nothing was being effected on their end. This company is by far the worst I've ever dealt with. So now I am going to refinance both loans to get as far away as possible from this terrible company.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

If I could this company negative stars I would. We were with HSBC hmm they sold our mortgage to SPC. Absolutely no problems with HSBC, we were actually ahead on our mortgage that was set up on weekly autopay. Every since SPC took over, everything has gone south & the customer service is horrible. I can relate to & validate many of the horror stories others have shared on their reviews. SPC practices & ethics suck to say the list. Hoping there will be some kind of class action suit against them for all their wrongdoings. These people need to be stopped!

Select Portfolio Servicing Company Information