2. Finance

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Select Portfolio Servicing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Portfolio Servicing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Portfolio Servicing?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

Do not believe anything these people tell you. They lie and report falsely on your credit. Never fall for modification because they will ruin your credit. Go and refinance your mortgage and get away from these people. They are frauds! Everyone needs to band together and sue them.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

My mortgage was sold to this company in June 2020, I set up automatic payments so that my payments would be paid on time, so I get a letter saying I need to speak with a relationship manager, I’m thinking for what I’ve never been late so I speak with someone who informed me that the customer service person input my routing number in twice instead of my routing number and account number so it got kicked out and I need to send a letter in to explain how they messed up, I speak with a supervisor who said I should have called in so in the meantime these people have reported to the credit bureau that I was 30 days late. My credit took an almost 100 point dive and all they can say is that I should have called even though when I called to make my last payment nothing was mentioned, these people are a scam.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I applied for mortgage forbearance for home loan that was sold to SPS and they are just playing games that they are unable to reach me. I call them every two weeks, they lie. You cannot reach to your account manager who must be just on paper as when you hit extension number someone else picks up. They sent a letter that they cannot reach me whereby I am calling and emailing them on forbearance. Utterly unprofessional.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

SPS was a company that bought my loan. They have no online presence and they have no way to contact them except for mail. They don't answer their phone and don't even have an email address. I would never use them if I had any choice in the matter.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I am the latest victim of this mortgage company. They put a foreclosure on my credit from a mortgage that I haven’t had anything to do with in over 10 years, the house was signed over to ex-wife in the divorce decree, In 2010 there was a divorce. The ex-wife got the house and there was a Special Warranty Deed With Assumption executed. In Sept of 2020 SPS started reporting late payments on my credit report. I have talked to several people at the company, they place this foreclosure on my credit without contacting me and ruined my credit.

I have talked to several different people from the company and they all have Different stories, this company has horrible business practices and the employees are very unprofessional I’m going to contact the attorney generals office, I have filed a federal trade commission complaint against this company and I’m going to get one lawyer. If anyone else is interested please contact me because I would like to start a class action lawsuit against this company, if anyone is interested in doing something about this company, file complaint with the attorney general of Utah, the federal trade commission and contact me at my email address if you would like to start a class action lawsuit. This company is horrible and needs to be stopped, **.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

Our mortgage was transferred from Chase to SPS. Immediately, literally the day the mortgage was transferred, I start getting harassing phone calls that I must set up account for automatic payments from their website. Why? I have never ever been late on my mortgage payment and it's my choice how I pay them as long as I am on time. Last month they "lost the payment" and didn't apply it on time. Yet I have proof from my bank that they received it on time. And the company website is a joke-among the things wrong with it-is that it doesn't actually show the remaining mortgage balance. You have to either wait for the monthly statement or call in to them. And if you call in they try to pressure (stalling for time) to set up automatic withdrawals. My brief experience with them has been horrible and not sure how they are still in business, given how slimly they have been to deal with.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

My mortgage was recently sold to SPS and they have been exhausting to work with. First, when you go to make a payment in their system it will charge you double if you don't see the extra boxes they have automatically checked for you. This happened to me, and I immediately called them, but was told that the only way to reverse it was to put a stop payment on it at my bank (which would charge me a fee to do so) and then go back in and pay the correct amount. The rep finally agreed to cancel the payment for me, but made it clear that was NOT something they would normally "be able" to do. Really?

The fact that I was not able to cancel the payment immediately on my end and re-submit it is ridiculous! I cannot stand when businesses act like they can't do something in their system when you know it only takes a click of a button on their end. I wish I could go back to my old mortgage company, they were much easier to work with. Second, they have been extremely hard to work with in regards to the forbearance program with Covid. They just don't seem to care how they are impacting their customers as long as they are getting paid.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

My mortgage was sold to this company. I did not choose them. You can never get the same person twice to talk to. They are withholding money from a fire I had until the repairs are done. My insurance company wrote a check for 30k for damages. They were to sign off on the check. They still have it. I do not have that kind of money upfront to pay for repairs then get reimbursed from them.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I’ll keep this short. Stay away from this company and go with someone else. No one in the company know what they are talking about it. All they tell you is lies. Such a horrible nightmare dealing with this shady company.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Being behind in payments I took the company's advice and signed up for the Mortgage Assistance Program. I was asked to submit documents to prove my income. Each time I'd get a letter letting me know they have what they needed and the approval process would take 30 days. Two days later I'd get another letter telling me they needed something new. I've been playing this game every month since January of 2019. It is now Sept 2020, over a year and a half. I constantly get phone calls asking for info to which I continue to reply, in not so pleasant terms, that I will not submit anything further and to stop calling me. I have written the service manager and demanded the same thing. No reply yet I am still getting phone calls.

I don't understand the procedure anyway. I have to prove I can make payments, which I have done every month for 15 years. If I don't prove I can make payments then I don't qualify to be assisted. The whole point of assistance is to get current with payments. Rejecting the assistance doesn't help them or me, it hurts the ability to continue. You would think that since I've made every payment since this application started that it would serve as proof that I can make the payments.

Select Portfolio Servicing Company Information