RoadLoans.com

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I applied through RoadLoans.com and received an approval within seconds. My approval was WAY more than what I planned on financing, with no down payment, at an interest rate I could easily live with. So I was a little concerned that it was too good to be true. I already had a vehicle in mind, and had done lots of research on RoadLoans, including that CarMax was one of the dealerships that works with RoadLoans easily. My first contact was with another dealership, just because they showed as preferred on my RoadLoans packet. This dealership wanted some of my accounts paid off, which I later learned that they were trying to run me through their in-house financing options versus using my RoadLoans approval in order to avoid paying the RoadLoan fees. So I contacted CarMax through their website, and dealt with a very nice salesman who was able to get most of the legwork out of the way via email.

He sent me several cars to look at, I chose one I wanted to test-drive, and made an appointment for the next day. I expressed my concerns to him about them wanting different items than what RoadLoans listed on their paperwork, but he assured me that everything needed was already listed. I test-drove the car the next day and was in and out of the dealership in two hours (half of which was spent with the salesman just talking about things unrelated to the sale), no money down, in a vehicle 3 years old and loaded with options. Within 3 days of my purchase, I received notification that my loan had been funded and I would receive correspondence with my payment date and amount. I won't hesitate to use RoadLoans again if I ever need them.

I applied online with road loans on 12/08/14. I was very skeptical considering my credit. I spoke with a customer service agent who took my application over the phone. She told me I would be receiving an email shortly. I immediately assumed I wasn't approved. I waited for two hours and called them back to follow up. I hadn't received an email because I had a fraud alert on my credit and had to verify additional information. Once I verified I received an instant approval. I contacted a dealership on their list whom claimed that road loans wasn't an extension of credit and he would need my information to get approval from their financing. I set an appt but I came across carmax whom instantly stated they accept road loans. I picked a few cars online and narrowed it to one car in houston. The sales consultant had it shipped to me in a timely manner, kept in contact with me until it arrived. She also contacted road loans and had my loan adjusted to cover an extended warranty for full repairs for 5 years.

I got the exact car I wanted, was not pressured for more money than road loan stated. I had to put down and completed my whole transaction within 2 hours. Thanks road loans and of course the interest was high but you know what you're getting into if your credit is bumpy and you must remember it's only a stepping stone!

Working with RoadLoans was at best frustrating. The CarMax dealer was supposed to be a specialist for RoadLoans. The problem is that with so many sister companies communicating with all parts of loan offices needs tremendous work. It took 4 frustrating weeks to get a car that should have taken a couple hours at most all because no one seemed to be on same page or one part of offices closed while the useless offices stayed open. There was no one in office late as dealers stay open but finance hangs up on you and goes home with questions and work still needing to be handled.

RoadLoans could use a central office system with all parts of car buying OPEN the same amount of time as the dealer and staff with knowledge to fix issues instead of constantly continuing the next day. The dealer side could also use an office contact that can make decisions or fix problems instead of leaving customers hanging. I will say through all the frustrating moments RoadLoans did what they promised and got me into a car I am pleased with and a payment I can live with. Now if only they worked hard on being available during AND after hours and all offices communicating with each other and their dealer CarMax. Thanks.

Roadloans is one of the best loan company that I have ever engage in. The process was quick and easy. Yes, I will definitely recommend RoadLoans not just to my friends, but to everyone who may be considering an auto loan.

I had a great experience obtaining my loan, My loan officer was extremely knowledgeable and helpful and got all required documents in time and kept me informed as we went through the process. I would gladly recommend them to all my friends and acquaintances.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadLoans.com?

Application process was fairly simple. Some confusion with finding a dealer to work with the financing. The amount of financing posed a challenge to the dealer as well. Other than that there were minimal concerns. I am still awaiting payment information on the contract.

Thank you RoadLoans for giving me a loan despite my credit score. I was without a vehicle for a long time because my last vehicle broke down and I could not pay to have a new engine put in. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be able to get a very nice car, my life has completely changed for the better!! I have already recommended RoadLoans to my friends and will continue to do so!! I give RoadLoans two thumbs up and a huge smile every day! Thank you again RoadLoans for your amazing services!!!

I was very pleased with my service. They were very helpful and answer all my questions. They very quick to get back to me. I would recommend the services to my friends. I would use this service if I ever bought another truck.

Road Loans was able to find a lender to refinance my 2013 Kia Soul loan even after several other lenders had denied my application. The process was simple, fast and easy and the loan processing and closing department was very helpful and timely with communication to make sure the necessary paperwork was submitted quickly and correctly. Thanks to them I am able to lower my interest rate and save about $130 a month on my car loan compared to what I was paying my credit union. I would highly recommend their services for auto finance.

Great service. Fast, efficient and very talented personnel. I would recommend them without hesitation. Their rates were very competitive and their application was so simple. I had an answer right away with payment term and rate. Thanks so much.

I did have all great customer service from all the reps spoke with! Thanks for your help with everything in my new journey. I hope to get the best of the best of what you offered me. I will be referring you to all my friends that I have even family members I know from out of state.

It was so easy and quick. I was called from a car dealer within minutes of applying online. I purchased the next day. The entire process "made me feel as if I was a cash buyer". Having financing in order before you go makes it so easy.

Roadloans made buying a car so easy for us. We were not pressured by forceful salesmen. With Roadloans we went to the lot knowing our approval limit giving us more freedom to find the car we really wanted. I would recommend their service to family and friends.

Going to CarMax with a guaranteed deal already in hand made our experience so much better. CarMax ran my credit to see if they could better my deal, but couldn't. But already having financing approved, and having a price range and year of car range, it was easy to find the car we wanted. CarMax has a great online showroom, and if you find a car you like, you better put a hold on it through CarMax's website, because they go fast.

The process went well and I accomplished the refinancing on my car. I would certainly use them again! Everything was accomplished online. The overnight FedEx for docs was very convenient. They were in constant contact with me during the entire process.

Loan documents were difficult to decipher. When I called for help several people said different things to do. Had to redo documents because I was given wrong info. The left hand does not know what the left is doing. I wish I had just gone to the dealership.

I would have never thought I could be approved for a loan of 15k and literally took $250 to Carmax. Got insurance and left in a 2013 Sonata. Thank you RoadLoans. A million times grateful!

Hands down best experience I ever had buying a car. I went to the dealership with my approval. I drove off with my car under an hour. Thanks to Jordan at Carmax Escondido. Carmax need to hire more sales guys like Jordan.

My experience so far has been positive. The entire process was extremely smooth. From obtaining the loan, to picking out the car, to paying my first payment. It has all been great.

I applied with RoadLoans because they lead you to believe they can help nearly anyone in their advertising. It's simply not accurate and is deceptive. I have a current loan but want a better rate and a recovering credit score but was denied because of a couple old late payments and long-ago discharged bankruptcy. I have positive lines of credit and 2 credit cards in good standing.

I need help please... I filled out an online application for a car loan with RoadLoans about two (2) weeks ago. I was leary because I am low income, disabled with a low monthly disability amount (less than $1800). Within minutes of filling out the form I was congratulated on being approved... I was shocked... Then I began getting automated calls from RoadLoans congratulating me on my approval. After that I began getting emails from RoadLoans showing me various cars that fall into my loan amount category... Mostly all the cars are at the QueensAutoMall.com. Once I read about RoadLoans and Queens Auto Mall, I presumed they were on the up and up... I called Queens Auto Mall and made an appointment with Emily ** to get this all going for myself. I had a car in the past but that story is really a sad and horrible one.

I told Emily that story and also made sure you understood that I get LESS than $1800 a month in disability... No bank accounts... Just a Mastercard debit from the government. She said it's ok 'we can work with you...' Well, today I called RoadLoans in error... I was calling Queens Auto Mall to confirm my Sept 3rd appt. and to ask my Rep, Emily ** a question. A man answered, and because I still thought I'd called Queens Auto Mall, I gave him my social... He then rudely tells me that I CANNOT be approved because I get LESS than $1800 a month. What?!? I asked him how can that be if I was approved two (2) weeks ago... given an ID number and emailed on what dealerships deal with RoadLoans. Still rude, he says I should call another lender or deal with Queens Auto Mall. I had filled out a finance form online for Queens Auto Mall earlier today at the request of my Rep, Emily **.

After I learned this news from RoadLoans I called Emily but she went to lunch. So I mentioned it to another Rep who claims that I shouldn't worry and that "they will work with me". It's been four (4) hours now since I last spoke with Queens Auto Mall... No one called me back yet. I'm extremely upset as I really need a car. I need help please? The following is an explanation of why I no longer have my car and why I need a car now:

When I was still able to work I purchased a car when I was living in a suburb of Buffalo. I worked hard and paid my monthly car payments on time religiously for three (3) years to Credit Acceptance. My psoriasis, scoliosis and rheumatoid arthritis and the pain it causes grew increasingly worse. I had made my final car payment in October of 2011. I was so happy that I was able to do this on my own. In early 2012 my daughter in Brooklyn, NY suggested that I come and live with her and her husband. She said she missed me and knew I was struggling with physical pain. I agreed after some hesitation and came back to my hometown of Brooklyn to be with my daughter. She and her husband became pregnant with their first child. All of us struggling I could no longer pay my car insurance. I had exhausted what little savings I'd brought with me.

My plates needed to be surrendered. But I needed a place to keep my car for free until I could get my car back on the road. My daughter and her husband brought my car to a nearby supermarket. The manager gave them permission to keep my car in the store lot as long as it was out of the way of patrons. I stayed home to watch my newborn granddaughter. Plus, there was no way I could have walked or taken public transportation to that store. I had my daughter post a note on windshield and rear window giving my contact number and stating that my car had NOT been abandoned. Two days after leaving my car in the store lot, my daughter's husband went to check on my car. He called my daughter to tell her my car was GONE. When she told me I almost fainted. Not only did I lose my car and its contents. I also lost my mother's ashes that were in the trunk.

Later we realized that the manager was somehow in cahoots with the tow truck place. Because that truck came from way on the other end of Brooklyn to illegally and unjustly tow away my car. Once I got tow truck owner's phone number I called and pleaded, begged and cried for him to PLEASE tell me where my mom's ashes are. Where's my car!! Oh God the torture I'm still going through. My poor mother deserved better than whatever happened to her. For that, I have constant nightmares. I'm a only child (58 yrs old now) with no extended family. Just my daughter. I live with an older daughter that doesn't bother with me. That's another story or due to the brainwashing of my ex husband on her. Other than my daughters, I have no one else.

Now I receive disability. Unfortunate for me, the amount is lower than $1000 a month. I can BARELY survive. I can't afford an apartment or even a room of my own. So I live here with my daughter. I'm so lost and trapped here. She gets to borrow her father's car now and then. I have to take car service to doctor appointments. I feel like a prisoner. My granddaughter is now three (3) years old and I watch her while her parents work. My daughter was just diagnosed with MS. So now there's added stress and anguish to an already overflowing plate of despair. I need a car please? My own car. To go to the doctor's office. Or some food shopping (I get $194 in good stamps for me. But I buy food for the 4 of us with that because they stopped my daughters and he can barely pay the rent). I give my daughter $200 a month towards the rent.

Plus I'll buy paper goods, food, etc. when my food stamps haven't replenished. Or when they run out of food and all I have is my disability money. I bought my daughter a cheap recliner from Overstock.com because her back is in much pain and she had no comfortable place to sit. I'm in constant excruciating back pain, with joint pain added. But she needed the recliner. I'm generous with the very little money I have. I wish I could help everyone. I truly do. I'm sorry this was so long. But I needed to explain my story the best that I could.

That tow truck owner is not a nice man. He took my car, my mother's ashes. He took my life that day when he took my car. After struggling and working paying it off every month for three (3) years. This is all too devastating. Can someone please help me with a car? I have no where else to turn. I also very much need to know what that evil tow truck owner did with my mother's ashes. It's all such a painful nightmare. I'm so sorry this email is so long... But I need help very badly... I have no one else... Thank you for your time, patience and consideration in this matter...

RoadLoans were so helpful. Very nice people to speak to. Very accurate. Worked with me. I would like to give you all my appreciation. Thank you and have a bless day.

I was treated with great care and respect by all RoadLoans Staff.

All of a station they are there for you, making good things happen in your life to get a hand up in life. Thanks RoadLoans.

Antoine was great. He was quick to respond and very thorough.

I was left in a very bad situation and needed to replace my vehicle. To save my employment, RoadLoans was fast to respond and easy to deal with. I would highly recommend their services.Thank you again.

Road Loans have made this lease/purchase experience for me great and seamless. I completed all the necessary forms and returned it to them. Everything was processed within a week. Thank you!!!

On 07/09/2016 I found myself surfing the internet casually browsing everything from my Home Page to Craigslist to my credit report and I paid a visit to LendingTree in the process. Just because I am curious I decided to look into the various tabs across the top of the site and when I saw the auto loans tab I clicked on it and started sort of kicking the tires, so to speak. In my mind it's kind of the modern day equivalent of "window shopping" from a long ago era.

As I sorted through this process I supplied the information that LendingTree required of me to continue which included the last 4 numbers of my social security number. Never did it occur to me that what was happening was that they in turn were passing my information onto various lending companies so as to offer me a loan that I wasn't REALLY searching for. I was really just curious to see what the going rates on auto loans are these days as I currently drive a 1994 Ford Ranger and am looking down the road a bit and it's obviously been quite a while since I've shopped for a car.

To my astonishment I was suddenly inundated by several different lending companies: Carmax, RoadLoans, and LightStream within minutes. I'm thinking that ALL THREE of them have done HARD PULLS on my credit report and I'm not too happy about it. But this is the astonishing part: the offers that I received were based upon an outdated report from LendingTree and the APR I was offered with RoadLoans with a current 735 Credit Score was 27.91% while LightStream offered me 1.99% APR. Are you people CRAZY? I wouldn't choose these people to service my loan in a million years! In my opinion this is a shady way to do business.

There is no transparency. So much goes on between Roadloans and the car dealers to the disadvantage of the buyer.

I just purchase a 2012 Mazda 6 from Carmax using the Roadloans financing... I'm on disability and I have bad credit... and get this? I only had to pay $350 down payment. Yes the interest rate is high but you make your payment on time and refinance down the road... I highly recommend this company.

RoadLoans.com Company Profile