RoadLoans.com

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I applied through RoadLoans.com and received an approval within seconds. My approval was WAY more than what I planned on financing, with no down payment, at an interest rate I could easily live with. So I was a little concerned that it was too good to be true. I already had a vehicle in mind, and had done lots of research on RoadLoans, including that CarMax was one of the dealerships that works with RoadLoans easily. My first contact was with another dealership, just because they showed as preferred on my RoadLoans packet. This dealership wanted some of my accounts paid off, which I later learned that they were trying to run me through their in-house financing options versus using my RoadLoans approval in order to avoid paying the RoadLoan fees. So I contacted CarMax through their website, and dealt with a very nice salesman who was able to get most of the legwork out of the way via email.

He sent me several cars to look at, I chose one I wanted to test-drive, and made an appointment for the next day. I expressed my concerns to him about them wanting different items than what RoadLoans listed on their paperwork, but he assured me that everything needed was already listed. I test-drove the car the next day and was in and out of the dealership in two hours (half of which was spent with the salesman just talking about things unrelated to the sale), no money down, in a vehicle 3 years old and loaded with options. Within 3 days of my purchase, I received notification that my loan had been funded and I would receive correspondence with my payment date and amount. I won't hesitate to use RoadLoans again if I ever need them.

I applied online with road loans on 12/08/14. I was very skeptical considering my credit. I spoke with a customer service agent who took my application over the phone. She told me I would be receiving an email shortly. I immediately assumed I wasn't approved. I waited for two hours and called them back to follow up. I hadn't received an email because I had a fraud alert on my credit and had to verify additional information. Once I verified I received an instant approval. I contacted a dealership on their list whom claimed that road loans wasn't an extension of credit and he would need my information to get approval from their financing. I set an appt but I came across carmax whom instantly stated they accept road loans. I picked a few cars online and narrowed it to one car in houston. The sales consultant had it shipped to me in a timely manner, kept in contact with me until it arrived. She also contacted road loans and had my loan adjusted to cover an extended warranty for full repairs for 5 years.

I got the exact car I wanted, was not pressured for more money than road loan stated. I had to put down and completed my whole transaction within 2 hours. Thanks road loans and of course the interest was high but you know what you're getting into if your credit is bumpy and you must remember it's only a stepping stone!

I have bought over 80 cars in my life most of them being new. This was the most pleasant and most professional experience that I've ever had buying a car. The highly professional young lady that took care of us did it in a manner that made you want to stay not leave. It was such a short process and not a day long experience.

Great experience love our purchase. Amazing service. So quick and easy. Drove the one we worded. Was on time. Definitely worth the visit. If you have bad credit they will get you a spectacular deal that you might not even know you are available for. Just apply. See your approval, pick, drive it home.

RoadLoans application process was so simple and easy and most of all they work with those with poor credit. I didn't have to answer a million questions or have 20 different creditors pull my credit report. I simply input my personal info and income and waited a couple seconds for approval or denial. Luckily I was approved and took my paycheck stub, ID, and proof of insurance to the dealer and picked my car. Easy as 1 2 3.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadLoans.com?

Clarification on how to use the loan. Clarify with how authorized dealerships uses your loan application. Clarify on what vehicles can be purchased before loan can be used. Why different dealerships have different rules on what car can be purchased. I had to settle for a car from one place when another dealership had the one I really wanted that met all requirements except it was one year too old. But I could of got the same car at the dealership where I bought mine if it was available.

My lease was ending in 3 days and I requested for loan to finance my leased vehicle. In no time application was processed and all paperwork was taken care off by the team. It was a pleasure working with them.

I signed up for the online account and the process was very easy to complete. I went in to check on anything else that needed to be done, since I am at the beginning of the payments. I saw at the top of the screen several items that were outstanding. I click the "chat" and the gentleman helped me in a timely professional manner.

The easiest auto financing. Everything is straightforward. Had the paperwork in hand and was in and out of CarMax in a couple of hours. RoadLoans gives you the power no fighting with the dealer. A++ for ease and convenience no one does it better.

Good rates, quick response, exceptional customer service. Especially Amy **, she was the representative assigned to assist me. She went above and beyond in assisting me with processing my loan. She is an asset to your team and deserves to be acknowledged.

Simple process. Provided required documents to Carmax. Made my required down payment. Drove away in new car in less than two hours. Very low 500s credit score. Thank you RoadLoans for the chance to buy a reliable automobile. Dealer received their funds within two weeks and our first payment is due 37 days from date we drove away. RoadLoans stood by everything they offered. Nothing hidden.

Agents were very helpful and extremely patient with my questions and concerns. They also were informative and explained clearly each step along the way. They answered the phone promptly and in a courteous manner. You have a winner group. I will recommend your company to relatives and friends.

Good job, good personnel response and connection between consumer and RoadLoans very good. Always a voice available. Knowledgeable reps especially Beth. Helpful, courteous and should be acknowledged by you. Based on this interview Chrysler should however improve all around communications within and with RoadLoans to avoid repetition of and inquiries as to the potential buyer's status with all involved. Same page of music in other words.

RoadLoans is a cover for Santander Consumer USA. They have a negative rating on the Better Business Bureau site. I have been with Santander for 2.5 years without a late payment. Had an employment gap and requested a 2 month extension. I applied and never heard from them so I thought it was approved. I called them because their number appeared on my caller Id to find out it had been denied (no reason given) and I now had a late payment on my record. If I had been told it was denied I could have made the payment. I would file a complaint with the BBB but they are so far in the negative that I'm sure they wouldn't care about another BBB complaint.

This is the worst experience I have ever had in my life and I'm 75 years old so I have a lot of experience. Total nightmare dealing with this company, you don't want to deal with them. I bought the car, they transferred the title and never paid the DMV. I can't renew my plates and they don't care.

My husband got approved for 20,000 loan. He was excited and went down to Carmax and picked out the car he wanted. When it came time to sit down and do everything, he was told that he had to have proof of the current car on his loan as either paid off, or traded in. He called Roadloans and told them he was simply a co-signer on a car that isn't even in his possession. All they could tell him was "Sorry, you can't get another car until you turn that one in." My husband said that's like going to the store and buying me a sandwich, and then going back up to buy himself a sandwich, but not being allowed to get one because he already purchased one. Makes absolutely no sense. Stay away from this company.

I loved how fast and easy it was to get a great vehicle. Thanks so much. I got approved at other places for a higher rate and it wasn't the car I wanted. I'm very happy with my choice. It didn't take long for the car sales manager to help me find a vehicle.

So I applied for a RoadLoan twice, approved twice. The first one expired before I could get the letter from my Trustee in on my Chapter 13. No problem right? Problem 1) There is NOTHING in their wording that if you choose to go through a private seller (I did for a lower interest rate) that there would be a book value thrown into the calculation after they received the letter from my trustee. Problem 2) Had the seller send all of her information over to RoadLoans. Problem 3) Spent $168.00 out of my pocket for an inspection thinking I was going to get the vehicle I had found and communicated with them RoadLoans over the period of a month. Problem 4) The seller hung on to this vehicle for me thinking it was a done deal. Problem 5) My original loan was changed from an approval of $13000.00, 500.00 down at 17.4% interest to 13500.00, 17.4%, 3200.00 down (again after they received the approved letter from my Trustee).

THEY RoadLoans came back and said, "Ummm oh yeah! The book value of the vehicle is only 9000.00 so if you want the loan, you will have to come out of pocket with roughly 3200.00." Moral to the story: say what you mean, and mean what you say. The approval was not worth the time they took from me and the seller. And oh how much fun that phone call was: "Ooops sorry I cannot buy your vehicle now"!!! EVERYTHING should be in writing and NOT misleading to the consumer!

This is a great company to finance with. You get your check. Go out to dealership of your choice. Pick out your car. Really simple. I would suggest this company to anyone. I'm very happy to be a RoadLoans customer. Thanks for letting me be one of your many loan customers.

Hassle-free. Worked with Carmax to get the loan I need for the car I wanted. Thanks again. I am on recommending road loans to anyone I know that is in the market for a car. Glad I found RoadLoans.com on the internet. A lifesaver.

The RoadLoans application was wrong. We had to come back down to the dealership two weeks after we got our car because RoadLoans entered something wrong on their side. I believe they mixed up the address where the name or phone number was supposed to be. Then, the paperwork still was not complete after that. They needed both of our pay stubs later that week. I sent mine as the co-signer and it was fine. He sent his as the buyer and there was still something wrong. It was until about 6 weeks after we originally bought the car that RoadLoans was able to complete the paperwork on their end. It was quite frustrating and took multiple trips to the dealership and multiple calls and emails to and from RoadLoans to get it all straightened out. I think the process could be much smoother by gathering all required information up front. It would save everyone time and money in the end.

Working with RoadLoans was at best frustrating. The CarMax dealer was supposed to be a specialist for RoadLoans. The problem is that with so many sister companies communicating with all parts of loan offices needs tremendous work. It took 4 frustrating weeks to get a car that should have taken a couple hours at most all because no one seemed to be on same page or one part of offices closed while the useless offices stayed open. There was no one in office late as dealers stay open but finance hangs up on you and goes home with questions and work still needing to be handled.

RoadLoans could use a central office system with all parts of car buying OPEN the same amount of time as the dealer and staff with knowledge to fix issues instead of constantly continuing the next day. The dealer side could also use an office contact that can make decisions or fix problems instead of leaving customers hanging. I will say through all the frustrating moments RoadLoans did what they promised and got me into a car I am pleased with and a payment I can live with. Now if only they worked hard on being available during AND after hours and all offices communicating with each other and their dealer CarMax. Thanks.

Roadloans is one of the best loan company that I have ever engage in. The process was quick and easy. Yes, I will definitely recommend RoadLoans not just to my friends, but to everyone who may be considering an auto loan.

I had a great experience obtaining my loan, My loan officer was extremely knowledgeable and helpful and got all required documents in time and kept me informed as we went through the process. I would gladly recommend them to all my friends and acquaintances.

Application process was fairly simple. Some confusion with finding a dealer to work with the financing. The amount of financing posed a challenge to the dealer as well. Other than that there were minimal concerns. I am still awaiting payment information on the contract.

Thank you RoadLoans for giving me a loan despite my credit score. I was without a vehicle for a long time because my last vehicle broke down and I could not pay to have a new engine put in. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be able to get a very nice car, my life has completely changed for the better!! I have already recommended RoadLoans to my friends and will continue to do so!! I give RoadLoans two thumbs up and a huge smile every day! Thank you again RoadLoans for your amazing services!!!

I was very pleased with my service. They were very helpful and answer all my questions. They very quick to get back to me. I would recommend the services to my friends. I would use this service if I ever bought another truck.

Road Loans was able to find a lender to refinance my 2013 Kia Soul loan even after several other lenders had denied my application. The process was simple, fast and easy and the loan processing and closing department was very helpful and timely with communication to make sure the necessary paperwork was submitted quickly and correctly. Thanks to them I am able to lower my interest rate and save about $130 a month on my car loan compared to what I was paying my credit union. I would highly recommend their services for auto finance.

Great service. Fast, efficient and very talented personnel. I would recommend them without hesitation. Their rates were very competitive and their application was so simple. I had an answer right away with payment term and rate. Thanks so much.

I did have all great customer service from all the reps spoke with! Thanks for your help with everything in my new journey. I hope to get the best of the best of what you offered me. I will be referring you to all my friends that I have even family members I know from out of state.

RoadLoans.com Company Profile