Compare Auto Loan Rates

Apply Today and Save - Lower Your Rates

Compare Rates
3.87/5

RoadLoans.com

Whether you're buying a new car, or refinancing an existing auto loan, RoadLoans has the right deal for you. Our online approval process takes just a few minutes to complete, and gives you a loan decision in less than 30 seconds. We specialize in financing for those with less-than-perfect credit and we don't require a fee when filling our our online application. Visit us online today, and see the RoadLoans difference for yourself!

Compare Auto Loan Rates

Apply Today and Save - Lower Your Rates

Compare Rates

178 RoadLoans.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 29, 2019

I am a dealership and I purchased a car at the auction, the front of the title shows no lien, but when I sold the car to a customer and they tried to register it, the state rejected it saying there was a lien back in 2008 from RoadLoans, which is Santander. I called to get a lien release and they said I had to do it online and pay a fee! Why would I have to pay a fee just to get a lien release from a car that was paid off?

Original review: July 15, 2019

I went through a lending website to find a subprime auto loan because of challenged credit/student loans and was referred to Road Loans. I applied at the end of May and was approved, however they said I had to use a particular dealer "CarMax". I asked if I was approved for 30K why couldn't I use a dealer of my choice, they responded and removed CarMax from the loan voucher. I went to several dealers in which wanted me to apply through their financing as Road Loans requires the dealer to pay Road Loans a fee in which seems that none of them wanted to do.

Since I was experiencing so many issues I went and visited CarMax. By this time I was near the end of the approval and Road Loans stated they could give me a 15 day extension only if I went to Car Max, if I wanted to continue with another franchise dealer I would have to reapply (granted my credit score has already been reduced from applying with Road Loans. I tried to re-apply through Road Loans and was denied, so I was left with using the 15 day extension for Car Max.

Went to Car Max several times. Finally found a vehicle and presented my loan voucher and was told by Car Max that Road Loans needed to change the date on the voucher to reflect the 15 day extension. Road Loans said that they wouldn't change the expiration date to reflect the 15 day extension and that Car Max should honor it. I don't know why Road Loans wouldn't change the date as I would be paying them for the loan and not Car Max. Needless to say the back and forth went past the 15 days because neither one would resolve/confirm what the other was saying and Road Loans wouldn't provide another extension nor grant me a new loan. Terrible experience and a waste of my time and reduced credit score. I guess that is why they call it subprime lending. Lesson well learned. No vehicle and lower credit score.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I got this letter telling me I was denied an extension to a loan. Funny I never applied for a loan let alone an extension to a loan I don't have. I know my credit is bad so I know better than to add to a bad score by another credit check I just know will be denied anyway, hello!!! I never gave permission and I NEVER gave my Social Security numbers to anyone online for any reason. I have a nice Mustang I love so I don't see me searching for a car, I got one. I'm buying my home so I don't see me looking for another one. There is no reason at all a loan or extension for my (loan) should've even been checked so let's hope I find out an answer to this issue or the person who approved this check because I will be talking to my attorney on this matter tomorrow.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

These people scammed me. FIRST off I bought a car in 2013. Called the dealer ahead of time and told them that I had been approved for a loan. When I got to the dealer they had already picked out a car for me. Didn't even let me pick out my own car. SECOND I got behind on my payments but always caught up. In 2016 after paying on my car for 3 years I lost my job where I had been for 20 years. From May of 2016-November 2016 I kept my car because I had filed bankruptcy. (Because my lawyer did file my case in a timely manner.) THIRD they picked up my car in November. They had it about a week. I had to pay over 1600 dollars to get it back. I am still paying on the car and they still have me owning them over $900 in towing fees.

I have tried to refinance the car many times but because I owe towing fees they keep denying me. It's really sad that they prey on peoples whose credit is bad due to no fault of their own. I worked for 20 years for a company that decided to close and was punished for it. I have another job now. Been there almost two years and I need a SUV and can't get one because of ROADLOANS!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

RoadLoans is the worst company ever. Do not finance anything with them. They approved me for up to 17k, after days of back and forth with them and the dealer closest to me, dealer called them ready to take the deal. I insured the car I wanted and all. Got to financing to complete it and found out RoadLoans wanted dealer fee to be $2,500. Mind you a typical dealer fee is $600-800. No dealer will go for that large amount RoadLoans wanted, because they don’t profit at all.

The reason Carmax does it so easily is because they can sell you a lemon car, mark up the price and still profit. Most the Carmax cars have high miles and no kind of consumer warranty. Also for me, many of them were so far away (the Carmax locations). With no car would have taken 4-6 hours and who knows if I would have liked anything or had any troubles. I wound up getting approved through regular Santander Bank for a smaller amount RoadLoans but slightly better interest and was able to get a 2011 Nissan Maxima with 60k miles and mint condition with 3 month warranty and 2 year limited warranty thereafter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadLoans.com?

Original review: July 7, 2018

After a woman used RoadLoans to buy my car they have yet to send money to me and it's been well over a month. They have the title to the car in their hands and have not kept me informed about the purchase of my car at all. If I don't hear from them this week. I will be filing a lawsuit against them.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Hey just wanted everyone to that I purchase a car through new RoadLoans with the help from Jenny ** and Iris **. They very nice to deal with. Walked me through it step by step. Stayed in contact with the whole way. I'm talking with a phone call to make sure I understood everything in the process. It was quick and simple and will being calling on them again in the future. They are very easy to deal with and always on the ball and again thank you Jenny and Iris for all your help.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I had been approached by a email that said "you're approved for auto loan" I clicked and followed the steps and sure enough I was approved for 16K with a downpayment of 1600.00 (this is where the crap started). In their contract the line verbatim states: we accept down payments in the form of cash, trade, positive equity, or Texas clean air certificate. I called the loan company and said "what is positive equity" and was told that it was being in a car for less than its worth... Next day I strike a deal with a dealer on a SUV and I got the positive equity of 1600 (plus) in working the deal.

The dealer worked the deal. Presented it to the loan company for approval. They refused the positive equity and said pay cash... even the dealer management read the contract to mean as long as I had the positive equity they were good. (Side note they would finance a extended contract "warranty", plus tax title and license (all costing about 2500.00). When called the lady was rude, asked for a manager and was told "he's not going to do anything for you. (Very rude). They can't even honor their contract as written. The dealer had several people read the statement. It does not say anything about which vehicle positive equity must be in. I went ahead and had 1600.00 for a downpayment to move forward with the deal. Then they told the dealer that they would fund the deal MINUS 3k. I don't even know if that's legal to say you will fund a deal and then require a 3k kickback!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Roadloans offers “approved auto loans” even with subprime credit, with either dealerships or private party sellers. Once approved for a private party loan, I was sent an email with instructions for negotiating the loan process and the requirements moving forward for buyer and seller. The lending amount and term are based on vehicle age and mileage, according to this guide. So you go shopping, select a vehicle, arrange a price with the private seller, and then the private party loan specialist tells you that they only lend up to 115% of CLEAN TRADE VALUE as estimated by NADA. And will only use NADA.

This information is not disclosed with approval or with initial loan officer communications. Or anywhere on their website that this is their practice. Very few sellers are going to accept “trade in” value for a private sale, or else they would just trade in the vehicle with low ball value to begin with. Roadloans is a scam and a waste of time. The “offer” they give applicants is inaccurate and they take advantage of both those seeking credit and those looking to sell their vehicle.

Original review: May 10, 2017

Applied and was approved with 3 terms options one of which was $250 down. Half my income from retirement, other half from being a nanny. Couldn't prove the nanny income to their satisfaction because I'm paid in cash and usually just put most of it on my credit card, don't deposit it, so no deposit trail. Okay. So then reapplied listing only my retirement and my daughter said she'd go in on it with me so I added her income and they amounted to the same annual income +/- about $100. RoadLoans came back with a $1,600 downpayment requirement!!! No, I don't think so. Same income, two people y'all can chase down if we don't pay, and you yank up the downpayment that much? No thanks. Called and got a "tough luck" remark.

RoadLoans.com expert review by Lauren Fix

RoadLoans offers loans on new and used cars from dealers, as well as purchases from individuals. The company also offers cash-back refinancing options and specialize in providing great rates for customers with poor credit history. This online financing company works with online sales and offers pre-approved auto financing.

• Low credit applicants: Applicants who have a hard time getting a loan from other lenders because of low credit scores can work with RoadLoans.com to get approved for a loan.

• Easy payment options: Customers of RoadLoans can pay their loan repayments in a myriad of ways, including phone, mail, MoneyGram, Western Union and ACH, making it convenient for any customer.

• Instant application: The company allows applicants to apply instantly online and get a loan decision by e-mail in less than 30 seconds.

• Apps: They have a convenient app that offers users a complete resource center to manage their loans. Customers can easily log in from their mobile devices to check on the balance of their loans, make payments and contact support.

• Fees: There are no application fees when you apply. When your application is approved, you download the loan documents and instructions online and return the required signed documents to RoadLoans. There is no obligation to activate the loan.

• Competitive rates: They offer competitive rates and make it easier for borrowers to pay back their loans with low interest. The rates depend on a borrower's credit history and income level but it can be as low as 3 perfect.

• Best for: Customers with low credit scores who have had trouble getting approved by other lenders.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

RoadLoans.com Company Information