3.76/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

RoadLoans.com

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you're buying a new car, or refinancing an existing auto loan, RoadLoans has the right deal for you. Our online approval process takes just a few minutes to complete, and gives you a loan decision in less than 30 seconds. We specialize in financing for those with less-than-perfect credit and we don't require a fee when filling our our online application. Visit us online today, and see the RoadLoans difference for yourself!

RoadLoans.com Gallery (3)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: May 10, 2017

169 RoadLoans.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: May 10, 2017

Applied and was approved with 3 terms options one of which was $250 down. Half my income from retirement, other half from being a nanny. Couldn't prove the nanny income to their satisfaction because I'm paid in cash and usually just put most of it on my credit card, don't deposit it, so no deposit trail. Okay. So then reapplied listing only my retirement and my daughter said she'd go in on it with me so I added her income and they amounted to the same annual income +/- about $100. RoadLoans came back with a $1,600 downpayment requirement!!! No, I don't think so. Same income, two people y'all can chase down if we don't pay, and you yank up the downpayment that much? No thanks. Called and got a "tough luck" remark.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 20, 2017

My father applied for a loan and was approved in less than 30 seconds. He is a wheelchair bound disabled veteran and is in need of a new wheelchair accessible van. Problem is they only deal with "franchised" dealer and Carmax. None of which have wheelchair vehicles. Syri on chat told my dad they could make exceptions and to speak with customer care. As soon as the chat ended my phone rings. My dad does not talk due to his medical conditions. I explained this to the care rep and after trying to understand her with her strong accent she said he would need to use chat again. He did got Syri again... Maybe they are all named Syri... who knows. He explained the situation to her where the care rep told me the chat rep would help him find a dealer who met his needs. Syri told him he had to use their search tool. I took over the chat from there and explained that is NOT what customer care said. I think this company is a scam.

As soon as this chat was done my phone rings again. It's them again. I went through everything again with the care rep and she said she understood and would escalate the issue to her supervisor. Now fast forward 2 hours. My phone rings again and it is a Roadloans rep. I have to TELL the story to her as well. She gets her supervisor... he comes on and I have to explain it again and he says... “So you want me to take your number off our call list.” What I wanted to say was... “I never asked you to do that so apparently you were not listening to me and apparently you don't understand English and apparently you are not in the US.” but instead I simply said... “If you cannot help my dad then yes...”

I was mad by now with his nonchalant apology that I did say I was going to report them to the BBB and I felt they were a scam and now they ran my dad's credit... which no it’s not great. Have his social... apparently are not in the US. Probably the Philippines and he quickly piped back... "No we are in the Caribbean St Lucia." Even worse… he said corporate is out of Dallas TX. I do NOT recommend this company. They take advantage of the elderly and the disabled. They use a call center based out of one of the highest recorded identity theft areas and now they have my dad's info to do whatever they want. Lesson learned. BEWARE!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I'll try be short and concise. DON'T USE ROADLOANS. I was approved for a loan, paid $165.00 for a vehicle inspection then ran into a very stubborn loan officer who spoke out of both sides of her mouth. She made jump through hoops because I had one payment left on a chapter 13. I made those hurdles and my attorney got me everything she asked for including legal court papers to make this work as she (Sarah **) instructed. Sarah then said it wasn't worded correctly because they used the word approximate.

She did everything in her power to roadblock me from buying this car. I had the feeling she enjoyed her little power plays. Even after explaining to her to help out a retired vet trying to get back on his feet, she was heartless and unwilling to help. She also sent me their Open Chapter 13 Guidelines which I read and met! Hey Sarah **, I GOT A LOAN SOMEWHERE ELSE from a very nice professional loan officer. If RoadLoans will approve you don't bother, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. They are a middle man for Santander Bank. Don't bother with Sarah ** or any of these people. You will be able to get a lower % rate and customer service w/o all the craziness and extra fees. Lemon Squad, etc, etc. Go to your local bank and talk to a real pro. You will be much happier.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Here I am sitting on my sofa watching TV minding my own business. Phone vibrates saying I have a message. Open the message and it is from RoadLoans.com saying that I was denied a car loan from them. Really?! Number one I never applied with them. Number two I would like to know how they obtained my information and my social security number to run a credit check when I never gave them permission to do so. If I find out they obtained it illegally I will be calling an attorney.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I have bought over 80 cars in my life most of them being new. This was the most pleasant and most professional experience that I've ever had buying a car. The highly professional young lady that took care of us did it in a manner that made you want to stay not leave. It was such a short process and not a day long experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadLoans.com?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Great experience love our purchase. Amazing service. So quick and easy. Drove the one we worded. Was on time. Definitely worth the visit. If you have bad credit they will get you a spectacular deal that you might not even know you are available for. Just apply. See your approval, pick, drive it home.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

RoadLoans application process was so simple and easy and most of all they work with those with poor credit. I didn't have to answer a million questions or have 20 different creditors pull my credit report. I simply input my personal info and income and waited a couple seconds for approval or denial. Luckily I was approved and took my paycheck stub, ID, and proof of insurance to the dealer and picked my car. Easy as 1 2 3.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Clarification on how to use the loan. Clarify with how authorized dealerships uses your loan application. Clarify on what vehicles can be purchased before loan can be used. Why different dealerships have different rules on what car can be purchased. I had to settle for a car from one place when another dealership had the one I really wanted that met all requirements except it was one year too old. But I could of got the same car at the dealership where I bought mine if it was available.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My lease was ending in 3 days and I requested for loan to finance my leased vehicle. In no time application was processed and all paperwork was taken care off by the team. It was a pleasure working with them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I signed up for the online account and the process was very easy to complete. I went in to check on anything else that needed to be done, since I am at the beginning of the payments. I saw at the top of the screen several items that were outstanding. I click the "chat" and the gentleman helped me in a timely professional manner.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

The easiest auto financing. Everything is straightforward. Had the paperwork in hand and was in and out of CarMax in a couple of hours. RoadLoans gives you the power no fighting with the dealer. A++ for ease and convenience no one does it better.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Good rates, quick response, exceptional customer service. Especially Amy **, she was the representative assigned to assist me. She went above and beyond in assisting me with processing my loan. She is an asset to your team and deserves to be acknowledged.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Simple process. Provided required documents to Carmax. Made my required down payment. Drove away in new car in less than two hours. Very low 500s credit score. Thank you RoadLoans for the chance to buy a reliable automobile. Dealer received their funds within two weeks and our first payment is due 37 days from date we drove away. RoadLoans stood by everything they offered. Nothing hidden.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Agents were very helpful and extremely patient with my questions and concerns. They also were informative and explained clearly each step along the way. They answered the phone promptly and in a courteous manner. You have a winner group. I will recommend your company to relatives and friends.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Good job, good personnel response and connection between consumer and RoadLoans very good. Always a voice available. Knowledgeable reps especially Beth. Helpful, courteous and should be acknowledged by you. Based on this interview Chrysler should however improve all around communications within and with RoadLoans to avoid repetition of and inquiries as to the potential buyer's status with all involved. Same page of music in other words.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

RoadLoans is a cover for Santander Consumer USA. They have a negative rating on the Better Business Bureau site. I have been with Santander for 2.5 years without a late payment. Had an employment gap and requested a 2 month extension. I applied and never heard from them so I thought it was approved. I called them because their number appeared on my caller Id to find out it had been denied (no reason given) and I now had a late payment on my record. If I had been told it was denied I could have made the payment. I would file a complaint with the BBB but they are so far in the negative that I'm sure they wouldn't care about another BBB complaint.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

This is the worst experience I have ever had in my life and I'm 75 years old so I have a lot of experience. Total nightmare dealing with this company, you don't want to deal with them. I bought the car, they transferred the title and never paid the DMV. I can't renew my plates and they don't care.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

My husband got approved for 20,000 loan. He was excited and went down to Carmax and picked out the car he wanted. When it came time to sit down and do everything, he was told that he had to have proof of the current car on his loan as either paid off, or traded in. He called Roadloans and told them he was simply a co-signer on a car that isn't even in his possession. All they could tell him was "Sorry, you can't get another car until you turn that one in." My husband said that's like going to the store and buying me a sandwich, and then going back up to buy himself a sandwich, but not being allowed to get one because he already purchased one. Makes absolutely no sense. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I loved how fast and easy it was to get a great vehicle. Thanks so much. I got approved at other places for a higher rate and it wasn't the car I wanted. I'm very happy with my choice. It didn't take long for the car sales manager to help me find a vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

So I applied for a RoadLoan twice, approved twice. The first one expired before I could get the letter from my Trustee in on my Chapter 13. No problem right? Problem 1) There is NOTHING in their wording that if you choose to go through a private seller (I did for a lower interest rate) that there would be a book value thrown into the calculation after they received the letter from my trustee. Problem 2) Had the seller send all of her information over to RoadLoans. Problem 3) Spent $168.00 out of my pocket for an inspection thinking I was going to get the vehicle I had found and communicated with them RoadLoans over the period of a month. Problem 4) The seller hung on to this vehicle for me thinking it was a done deal. Problem 5) My original loan was changed from an approval of $13000.00, 500.00 down at 17.4% interest to 13500.00, 17.4%, 3200.00 down (again after they received the approved letter from my Trustee).

THEY RoadLoans came back and said, "Ummm oh yeah! The book value of the vehicle is only 9000.00 so if you want the loan, you will have to come out of pocket with roughly 3200.00." Moral to the story: say what you mean, and mean what you say. The approval was not worth the time they took from me and the seller. And oh how much fun that phone call was: "Ooops sorry I cannot buy your vehicle now"!!! EVERYTHING should be in writing and NOT misleading to the consumer!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

This is a great company to finance with. You get your check. Go out to dealership of your choice. Pick out your car. Really simple. I would suggest this company to anyone. I'm very happy to be a RoadLoans customer. Thanks for letting me be one of your many loan customers.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Hassle-free. Worked with Carmax to get the loan I need for the car I wanted. Thanks again. I am on recommending road loans to anyone I know that is in the market for a car. Glad I found RoadLoans.com on the internet. A lifesaver.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

The RoadLoans application was wrong. We had to come back down to the dealership two weeks after we got our car because RoadLoans entered something wrong on their side. I believe they mixed up the address where the name or phone number was supposed to be. Then, the paperwork still was not complete after that. They needed both of our pay stubs later that week. I sent mine as the co-signer and it was fine. He sent his as the buyer and there was still something wrong. It was until about 6 weeks after we originally bought the car that RoadLoans was able to complete the paperwork on their end. It was quite frustrating and took multiple trips to the dealership and multiple calls and emails to and from RoadLoans to get it all straightened out. I think the process could be much smoother by gathering all required information up front. It would save everyone time and money in the end.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Working with RoadLoans was at best frustrating. The CarMax dealer was supposed to be a specialist for RoadLoans. The problem is that with so many sister companies communicating with all parts of loan offices needs tremendous work. It took 4 frustrating weeks to get a car that should have taken a couple hours at most all because no one seemed to be on same page or one part of offices closed while the useless offices stayed open. There was no one in office late as dealers stay open but finance hangs up on you and goes home with questions and work still needing to be handled.

RoadLoans could use a central office system with all parts of car buying OPEN the same amount of time as the dealer and staff with knowledge to fix issues instead of constantly continuing the next day. The dealer side could also use an office contact that can make decisions or fix problems instead of leaving customers hanging. I will say through all the frustrating moments RoadLoans did what they promised and got me into a car I am pleased with and a payment I can live with. Now if only they worked hard on being available during AND after hours and all offices communicating with each other and their dealer CarMax. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Roadloans is one of the best loan company that I have ever engage in. The process was quick and easy. Yes, I will definitely recommend RoadLoans not just to my friends, but to everyone who may be considering an auto loan.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I had a great experience obtaining my loan, My loan officer was extremely knowledgeable and helpful and got all required documents in time and kept me informed as we went through the process. I would gladly recommend them to all my friends and acquaintances.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

Application process was fairly simple. Some confusion with finding a dealer to work with the financing. The amount of financing posed a challenge to the dealer as well. Other than that there were minimal concerns. I am still awaiting payment information on the contract.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

Thank you RoadLoans for giving me a loan despite my credit score. I was without a vehicle for a long time because my last vehicle broke down and I could not pay to have a new engine put in. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be able to get a very nice car, my life has completely changed for the better!! I have already recommended RoadLoans to my friends and will continue to do so!! I give RoadLoans two thumbs up and a huge smile every day! Thank you again RoadLoans for your amazing services!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I was very pleased with my service. They were very helpful and answer all my questions. They very quick to get back to me. I would recommend the services to my friends. I would use this service if I ever bought another truck.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

Road Loans was able to find a lender to refinance my 2013 Kia Soul loan even after several other lenders had denied my application. The process was simple, fast and easy and the loan processing and closing department was very helpful and timely with communication to make sure the necessary paperwork was submitted quickly and correctly. Thanks to them I am able to lower my interest rate and save about $130 a month on my car loan compared to what I was paying my credit union. I would highly recommend their services for auto finance.

RoadLoans.com Company Information